Ideal Protein Diet - Experienced #3

View Full Version : Experienced #3

ItsAboutTime
01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Just thought I'd open this up since we were over 500 posts on the last one.

Oh, and I've decided the one thing that kept me accountable last time, besides being over 200 pounds and tired of it, was tracking. Plain, simple, notebook style tracking. So, I am back at it today at least until I get a handle on things. I can finish this thing I've started. I just have to get serious.

gettinmygrooveback
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Good morning skinny ladies! I am happy to report that my head is FINALLY 100% back in the game. Something just clicked....no more wishy-washy days. I want to finish strong and by golly, the only one who can make that happen is me! I have just over 12 weeks to complete the last of my journey, 14 weeks till the beginning of Jazz Fest and 16 weeks till my son's wedding. Full steam ahead......I even threw away two jars of almond butter. That took so much out of me to be wasteful but I had no takers. :(

Ever since I changed out the batteries on my digital scale is hasn't worked properly. When I turn it on, I have to wait for it to set itself to ZERO before I step on. Now, it goes to ZERO and if I don't step on it quickly, it begins its 0.5 lb incremental climb...so far it stops at 2.5 lbs. Bottom line, I can't trust it! So I went out last weekend and bought myself a "Mac Daddy" scale that even tells me how many calories I need to consume to maintain that weight (I know worthless information right now). Step on the new scale and I am 4 pounds HEAVIER than my old scale. I did side-by-side comparisions. So unhappy with this information. So I fought back the only way I could at the moment...packaged it back up and returned it to the store. I didn't need such a sophisticated machine anyway. Going to play around with my old scale and maybe a gentle talking to will get it back on track.

Have a good day all.....

Forgot to add....the new MIO Orange Tangerine is yummy!

ItsAboutTime
01-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like we've had enough. I was making excuses for everything I was sticking in my mouth. It was horrible.

I really want to give myself 11 weeks to try and get to where I need to be but I started a 20 by 30 challenge with myself that I have to at least drop 20 pounds by April 16th. That I can handle. I really only want to do phase 1 for 5 weeks but I've already wasted so many days it may be a tad longer. We will see what happens now that I'm back in the game.

ItsAboutTime
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Good luck scale shopping! It can be overwhelming!

gettinmygrooveback
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Well I have 20 pounds too....After seeing how quickly I gained in Phase 3, I would like to go 5 pounds under my original goal. I have decided not to put pressure on myself. It is what it is. The best thing I can do is stay 100% focused and refuse to stray from the rules for any sort of temptation. I have a couple of events coming up in Feb. where this is going to be a real challenge.....so this is where I will find the stress....not on the daily scale. If my scale is messed up, this might be a good thing!

I want to be in maintenance in 12 weeks. I will most likely stay in P1 for the majoirty of the time. But that would depend on how well my body gives up these last extra pounds. Daily exercise is mandatory. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim at the moment, but its there.

Oh...I go Friday to the doctor for the results of my bloodwork. Curious as to her scale since the last time I saw her...believe I was still in the 200's....and to compare my tests from last March (pre IP)

nikkib
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
So this is where everyone went!! I stopped IP in early Oct without phasing out :( I just started again on Jan 3rd and was a little bummed not many people that were on before were on the daily chat. It looks like a few more people are starting again also. I only gained about 9 lbs back so that is not too bad for not phasing off I guess. I am finding this time around to be MUCH easier. I can't find any dressing that I like (that is ok to have) so it made eating the salad so very hard. I have heard there are a few of people who do not eat it that much and are still losing so after trying this I am so glad it still works!! I will of course eat it if there are any "problems" or stalls. Someone also said that just smelling food works for the craving for them. This is so true for me! This time around is way dif than last. I have been cooking and baking for the family and I even did 2 movies out and pizza this weekend without any problems!!
So glad to find the group that was on here before. (not that newbies are bad or anything) Good luck everyone and have a great day :)

ItsAboutTime
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Well I have 20 pounds too....After seeing how quickly I gained in Phase 3, I would like to go 5 pounds under my original goal. I have decided not to put pressure on myself. It is what it is. The best thing I can do is stay 100% focused and refuse to stray from the rules for any sort of temptation. I have a couple of events coming up in Feb. where this is going to be a real challenge.....so this is where I will find the stress....not on the daily scale. If my scale is messed up, this might be a good thing!

I want to be in maintenance in 12 weeks. I will most likely stay in P1 for the majoirty of the time. But that would depend on how well my body gives up these last extra pounds. Daily exercise is mandatory. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim at the moment, but its there.

Oh...I go Friday to the doctor for the results of my bloodwork. Curious as to her scale since the last time I saw her...believe I was still in the 200's....and to compare my tests from last March (pre IP)

I feel like I need to go 10 under for as much as I gained but I know I can't go that far. I want to hold steady at 135 *I think* so I would like to get to 130ish but that may change as I get closer. I do know I need to get out of these blasted 150s! I've had enough.

Herding Cats
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
quick question....but not sure if you ladies know the answer. I successfully completed IP and phased off appropriately before thanksgiving. Now I am back on to lose about 8 more vanity lbs so when I gain back in phase3/4, I'll stay at my goal instead of stopping at goal and gaining 3lbs over. Anyway, when you start back for quick little tune up (I'm thinking 2 weeks on phase 1), how do you phase out? Is it only 1 week of phase 3? any ideas?

Momto2cs
01-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi
I am also back on phase 1. This is day 15, pretty much op, except for a few additional hb eggs here and there at the start!

I would really like to get down to 140, but my goal right now is 145. I am hoping to be well on my way by valentines day, but I can see losing will be slow this time!

My dh is also on phase 1, which has made a huge difference. I don't want to cheat and lead him astray!

gettinmygrooveback
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM
quick question....but not sure if you ladies know the answer. I successfully completed IP and phased off appropriately before thanksgiving. Now I am back on to lose about 8 more vanity lbs so when I gain back in phase3/4, I'll stay at my goal instead of stopping at goal and gaining 3lbs over. Anyway, when you start back for quick little tune up (I'm thinking 2 weeks on phase 1), how do you phase out? Is it only 1 week of phase 3? any ideas?

You might want to ask your question in the Maintainers Thread. There is such a thing as a re-boot. But it is my understanding that you need 2 full weeks of Phase 3 to properly awaken your pancreas.

LaLibE
01-16-2012, 04:33 PM
It's like you are all reading my mind. This is my first post in SEVERAL months. I phased off in October and have gained back a good chunk of weight. I am trying so hard to get back on track. At this rate I will be on phase 1 for at least 5 weeks. Why is it so difficult this time around?? When I joined this program I did not cheat EVER - now it seems I am always justifying a bite of this or a taste of that. Self sabotage at it's best. I will be back online and reading 3FC for support.

JellyMae87
01-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Well I had a good op day. But kinda stressing with all this snow coming our way. They are saying 6-12 inches... That's wayyy too much for us folks in Seattle!! But I'm stocked up with rtd and bars in the car just in case I get stranded....

ItsAboutTime
01-17-2012, 08:20 AM
I had a much better day yesterday and the scale was down to prove it! This has me thinking that maybe I will be fine just going 5 under goal. I didn't just do 1 cheat day in maintenance and I never followed with a phase 1 day like you are supposed to. I had a couple slip ups this weekend and 1 day back on plan 100% and I am going in the right direction. That makes me feel better.

Just crossing my fingers for a couple pounds a week and I will be at goal in no time. Thank goodness it finally clicked again.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to work in shipping for the day and it's been forever so I hope I remember what to do! It is run run run so I probably won't be able to get back on during the day.

Ishbel
01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Well I had a good op day. But kinda stressing with all this snow coming our way. They are saying 6-12 inches... That's wayyy too much for us folks in Seattle!! But I'm stocked up with rtd and bars in the car just in case I get stranded....

-30C here Jelly! -40C with windchilll...however I did go to college in Vancouver BC so I know that any snow there is C-O-L-D...yes as corny as it sounds, a different kind of cold. But still cold.

Stay warm! :)

gettinmygrooveback
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Good morning all and welcome back Phase 1 restarters! Life is good today. Fully back in ketosis....I was bouncing off the walls at 9PM last night and my little keto stick and the scale confirmed it this morning. Still not back to where I was when I phased out but I'll be there shortly. Full steam ahead.

Rain in the forecast with a high of 78 today! Tomorrow's high.....59. I am so glad we only have a few months of winter. Feb. is usually our worst month but then come March.....everything starts turning green again. I love the South. While the heat may be unbearable come August...I'd much rather be in my shorts/sundress and sandals sporting a nice glowing tan than bundled up and still cold. I'm not knocking anyone.......I'm just not a cold weathered person. Working at home today in my shorts but still have two pairs of socks on my chilled feet! :(

Stay warm and safe everyone.....Spring and Summer are just around the corner so we call be wearing our cute new (smaller sized) sundresses showing off our nice pedicures. :sunny:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning skinny ladies! I am happy to report that my head is FINALLY 100% back in the game. Something just clicked....no more wishy-washy days. I want to finish strong and by golly, the only one who can make that happen is me! I have just over 12 weeks to complete the last of my journey, 14 weeks till the beginning of Jazz Fest and 16 weeks till my son's wedding. Full steam ahead......I even threw away two jars of almond butter. That took so much out of me to be wasteful but I had no takers. :(

Ever since I changed out the batteries on my digital scale is hasn't worked properly. When I turn it on, I have to wait for it to set itself to ZERO before I step on. Now, it goes to ZERO and if I don't step on it quickly, it begins its 0.5 lb incremental climb...so far it stops at 2.5 lbs. Bottom line, I can't trust it! So I went out last weekend and bought myself a "Mac Daddy" scale that even tells me how many calories I need to consume to maintain that weight (I know worthless information right now). Step on the new scale and I am 4 pounds HEAVIER than my old scale. I did side-by-side comparisions. So unhappy with this information. So I fought back the only way I could at the moment...packaged it back up and returned it to the store. I didn't need such a sophisticated machine anyway. Going to play around with my old scale and maybe a gentle talking to will get it back on track.

Have a good day all.....

Forgot to add....the new MIO Orange Tangerine is yummy!Your Doctor is going to be very impressed... and oh new flavors can't wait to see if I can get some... though not a big orange fan.. scales are so finacky, I kept my instructions but they didn't help very much. Keep up the good work Cat.

So this is where everyone went!! I stopped IP in early Oct without phasing out :( I just started again on Jan 3rd and was a little bummed not many people that were on before were on the daily chat. It looks like a few more people are starting again also. I only gained about 9 lbs back so that is not too bad for not phasing off I guess. I am finding this time around to be MUCH easier. I can't find any dressing that I like (that is ok to have) so it made eating the salad so very hard. I have heard there are a few of people who do not eat it that much and are still losing so after trying this I am so glad it still works!! I will of course eat it if there are any "problems" or stalls. Someone also said that just smelling food works for the craving for them. This is so true for me! This time around is way dif than last. I have been cooking and baking for the family and I even did 2 movies out and pizza this weekend without any problems!!
So glad to find the group that was on here before. (not that newbies are bad or anything) Good luck everyone and have a great day :)OH I am finding it so much harder.... I can still walk by sweets and junk food it is just pb that is my issue. There was a going away party and 2 different cakes, I just went in to smell the cakes as I was wanting a piece but knew if I started that would be it. It was more about the retirement celebration I had to remind myself. I smelled them and walked away. the biggest thing to remember is one day at a time and if can't be done one hour at a time.

quick question....but not sure if you ladies know the answer. I successfully completed IP and phased off appropriately before thanksgiving. Now I am back on to lose about 8 more vanity lbs so when I gain back in phase3/4, I'll stay at my goal instead of stopping at goal and gaining 3lbs over. Anyway, when you start back for quick little tune up (I'm thinking 2 weeks on phase 1), how do you phase out? Is it only 1 week of phase 3? any ideas?you still have to phase off properly which is 2 weeks on phase 3, you can shorten phase 2 one week but that is it... Good luck.

Lynsey, after gaining so fast I have come up with a few truths about myself... number one I can never stop tracking what is going into my mouth... sugar is evil as I get migraines from it now, and carbs are not my friend. Now it may be just the carbs I tried, had potatoes, no pasta or rice, and bread only at breakfast but still had issues with that. I think we have to know our body's and what it needs to function. I am now finding low carb recipes to prepare me for when I return to maintenance. I hope to reach my goal this time and maybe 5 lb under just to be on the safe side.

Jelly - how is the snow? I imagine it is different in seattle to have that much snow fall all at once. You will do fine, just have to get your snow legs going and you will conquer the bad old winter.

Today it is -32 celcius suppose to warm up to -27, too cold to walk and red dog is kind of going stir crazy...

Have a good day all.

nikkib
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I had 2nd WI today and down another 4.2 YAY!!! We had Snow in eastern SD again last night. We only got about 1/2 - 1 inch where I am at but it is -10 today with wind chill. I think I have turned into a MAJOR wuss this winter after all the nice days we have had. It feels like it is -40. The fireplace will be going tonight for sure :)

Has anyone else ever noticed the amazing effect 1 or 2 little baby pickles have on a pissed off growling stomach?? I had 1 baby pickle yesterday between lunch and supper and it felt so much better! 1 baby pickle! AMAZING!

Ishbel
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Ok everyone....

I need to be honest....all this talk about difficulties staying focused is making me quite nervous about my trip to Mexico....

I've read and re-read JennyDoodle's vacation thread, I've re-read the book, I'm going to write down all the reasons why I decided to take this journey, I've asked support from my friends around me...but...

....there anyone out there that has taken that little break and found themselves back on the wagon immediately?

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Ok everyone....

I need to be honest....all this talk about difficulties staying focused is making me quite nervous about my trip to Mexico....

I've read and re-read JennyDoodle's vacation thread, I've re-read the book, I'm going to write down all the reasons why I decided to take this journey, I've asked support from my friends around me...but...

....there anyone out there that has taken that little break and found themselves back on the wagon immediately?

I think most of us took some sort of break at Christmas and most came right back. Now I know you and you can do this, you take your trip to mexico, eat salads and good breakfasts then indulge at night... don't go mad about it but have fun, you booked this vacation as a vacation. Vacations are for not worrying (though most of us worry anyway) Now what do you have scheduled to do? are you going swimming? snorkeling? walking? just tourist stuff? Where you can walk, enjoy your time. Not sure where you are going but if you go to visit the ruins there is lots of walking there, lots of outdoor markets to walk around and enjoy yourself. If your going to sit on the beach, drink two bottles of water for every drink you drink..
and
When you come back we will all be here to get you back on track.

nikkib
01-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Ok everyone....

Oh Ishbel! Look at all the hard work and will power you have and to get as far as you have come! You will be able to do it. You are such a inspiration!

I took a little break in late Sept only meaning it to be a 2 week break but we had some financial issues happen that made it impossible to start the program again. I would have been back on in a heartbeat if I could afford it at the time. I was so excited when the end of the year came and I could go back on.

I think that just knowing how far you have come and how little you have left compared to where you started will be motivation enough for you to jump back on :) Relax and ENJOY your vacation. You deserve it for sure!

Busymomx4
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Good afternoon,

Brrrr its cold in my office..my hands are always frozen! Its been snowing all day so more shoveling tonight...good thing i like it!

So i was calculating my BMI yesterday (someone put the calculation method) and i saw that i went from 49 to 34.4...now i know its still super high but i was still pleased to see that. Btw, I still think that what you should weight to be in the normal range is way too low and wouldn't use that to decide on my goal weight.

Not much else going on...very hungry today...was almost drooling at lunch looking at everybody's food and can't wait for dinnertime, lol.

Ishbel...i have NO doubt that you will do great...you are so focussed that you wouldn't let this diet kick your butt and give you a hard time :)

Bellamack
01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

just sent my daughter back to Cali :(, I enjoyed her visit this past week soooo much. I am also restarting Phase I, I have gained a couple since phasing off, but I think they will be gone the first week back on 100%. Good to see my old Ipeeps on here. I am going to Ireland at the end of March, so I am going to stay OP and hopefully be down at least 10 lbs. ( I am a rather slow loser). Keep posting, it is so inspiring!

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok everyone....

I have to say, my 'little break' threw me off course for 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! I will never, ever do that again.

Funny thing is, prior to that I went on a trip and did just fine, never cheated, stayed OP, and lost 4 pounds that week.

Stay focused on the prize, not what's in front of you at the moment. Whatever you want - alcohol, food - will be there when you're done with the program. I promise.

Determinedat47
01-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

just sent my daughter back to Cali :(, I enjoyed her visit this past week soooo much. I am also restarting Phase I, I have gained a couple since phasing off, but I think they will be gone the first week back on 100%. Good to see my old Ipeeps on here. I am going to Ireland at the end of March, so I am going to stay OP and hopefully be down at least 10 lbs. ( I am a rather slow loser). Keep posting, it is so inspiring!

Good to see you back! You are an inspiration to so many.

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I have to say, my 'little break' threw me off course for 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! I will never, ever do that again.

Funny thing is, prior to that I went on a trip and did just fine, never cheated, stayed OP, and lost 4 pounds that week.

Stay focused on the prize, not what's in front of you at the moment. Whatever you want - alcohol, food - will be there when you're done with the program. I promise.

Exactly the same here! I intentionally decided to take a break over the Christmas period thinking I would go back being OP the 1st day of the year, but it was not until the 15th of January which is only yesterday that I was able to do a full day of 100% OP, for a reason, I was not able to, I would try in the morning, be ok until the afternoon and then in the evening I would blow everything by eating carbs and more carbs, I got so disgusted by my behaviour, but still I was doing the same over and over again! I lost two weeks, and now I don't dare to know how much I weigh, I would weigh myself this Thursday which is my official weigh-in day, but I don't have high hopes since it would only be 3 days for me being OP, nevertheless, I am sure that once these 3 days will pass, the next week will show a big loss on the scale and I am so hoping that by then I would reach onederland.

gettinmygrooveback
01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Your Doctor is going to be very impressed... and oh new flavors can't wait to see if I can get some... though not a big orange fan.. scales are so finacky, I kept my instructions but they didn't help very much. Keep up the good work Cat.

OH I am finding it so much harder.... I can still walk by sweets and junk food it is just pb that is my issue. There was a going away party and 2 different cakes, I just went in to smell the cakes as I was wanting a piece but knew if I started that would be it. It was more about the retirement celebration I had to remind myself. I smelled them and walked away. the biggest thing to remember is one day at a time and if can't be done one hour at a time.

Lynsey, after gaining so fast I have come up with a few truths about myself... number one I can never stop tracking what is going into my mouth... sugar is evil as I get migraines from it now, and carbs are not my friend. Now it may be just the carbs I tried, had potatoes, no pasta or rice, and bread only at breakfast but still had issues with that. I think we have to know our body's and what it needs to function. I am now finding low carb recipes to prepare me for when I return to maintenance. I hope to reach my goal this time and maybe 5 lb under just to be on the safe side.

Today it is -32 celcius suppose to warm up to -27, too cold to walk and red dog is kind of going stir crazy...

Have a good day all.

I hate scales.....I would much rather go by how I feel and how my clothes fit but the world wants to define us by that number on dial....and we let it!

Be glad to send you some MIO...just let me know. I just sent some to Ishbel in exchange for chocolate chai. I might be become addicted to it as an after dinner treat.....you might need to send me some too! :)

Agree...Sugar and carbs are evil. :devil: I will be in a battle with them for the rest of my life.

Stay warm!

I had 2nd WI today and down another 4.2 YAY!!! We had Snow in eastern SD again last night. We only got about 1/2 - 1 inch where I am at but it is -10 today with wind chill. I think I have turned into a MAJOR wuss this winter after all the nice days we have had. It feels like it is -40. The fireplace will be going tonight for sure :)

Has anyone else ever noticed the amazing effect 1 or 2 little baby pickles have on a pissed off growling stomach?? I had 1 baby pickle yesterday between lunch and supper and it felt so much better! 1 baby pickle! AMAZING!

Way to go...send those pounds a packin'. I love your reference to a pissed off stomach. And yes, pickles are the bomb. I sometimes have 2 petite pickles and two eggs whites in the afternoon. Happy tummy!

Ok everyone....

Agree with everyone else...you got this! I got real nervous last year before my beach trip with my best friend. Beach + best friend + alcohol + munchies = lots and lots of fun. When I told her I wouldn't be drinking onthe trip, she told me it wouldn't be as much fun.......hurt my feelings a little but boy was she proved wrong. I was mentally and physicaly prepared, stayed OP except for a few almonds here and there and had the time of our lives. We participated in so many more activities just BECAUSE we were having libations on the beach. I lost 4 pounds that week!

Don't be nervous. Make your mind up and stick to it. Step outside the box...its very pleasant out there. :) And have the time of your life....as a skinny woman!

gettinmygrooveback
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Exactly the same here! I intentionally decided to take a break over the Christmas period thinking I would go back being OP the 1st day of the year, but it was not until the 15th of January which is only yesterday that I was able to do a full day of 100% OP, for a reason, I was not able to, I would try in the morning, be ok until the afternoon and then in the evening I would blow everything by eating carbs and more carbs, I got so disgusted by my behaviour, but still I was doing the same over and over again! I lost two weeks, and now I don't dare to know how much I weigh, I would weigh myself this Thursday which is my official weigh-in day, but I don't have high hopes since it would only be 3 days for me being OP, nevertheless, I am sure that once these 3 days will pass, the next week will show a big loss on the scale and I am so hoping that by then I would reach onederland.

Many of us have done the same thing. We ALL became complacent with our thinner bodies and that little bit of freedom with our food choices. Many of us struggled to get back to 100% OP. I started back on Jan 3rd but it wasn't until this past Sunday that it finally totally clicked in my head. I wasted almost two weeks of being wishy washy with my daily diet....and it got me nowhere. Once your mind is in the game, the scale will move down quickly!. You'll get there....just make up your mind and stick to it just like you did when you first began. Decide what you want and be proud of yourself. That self-sabotaging behavior only make it worse for us in the long run...and that's when those evil carbs take control of our mindset. Don't let them in, they are not our friends. Good luck!

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Many of us have done the same thing. We ALL became complacent with our thinner bodies and that little bit of freedom with our food choices. Many of us struggled to get back to 100% OP. I started back on Jan 3rd but it wasn't until this past Sunday that it finally totally clicked in my head. I wasted almost two weeks of being wishy washy with my daily diet....and it got me nowhere. Once your mind is in the game, the scale will move down quickly!. You'll get there....just make up your mind and stick to it just like you did when you first began. Decide what you want and be proud of yourself. That self-sabotaging behavior only make it worse for us in the long run...and that's when those evil carbs take control of our mindset. Don't let them in, they are not our friends. Good luck!

Oh ! Thank you very much for these encouraging words :hug:

JellyMae87
01-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Well checking in for the day... Our snowmageddon has arrived. The Seattle area is being socked as we speak... So I'm sure they'll cancel work. But I have to wait another hour or so to get the for sure!! Anyways. Been OP. Looking forward to some nicer weather so its easier to drink all this water!!

ItsAboutTime
01-18-2012, 09:17 AM
I want a snow day! It's below zero here and I hate going out in that crap. We havn't even had an inch of snow all winter and we are usually past the 20 inch mark by now. Crazy!

gettinmygrooveback
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning all...Cold, wet and bone chilling morning in South LA. I just can't seem to get my hands and feet warm. Pray its just ketosis and not my thyroid acting up! I really don't know how all you guys do it, year after year, handling such frigid winters. I guess its "in our blood" and adaptation. Sending what little extra warmth I have your way.

Jelly.....you guys stay safe. Just the mere threat of snow shuts everything down around here. No one know how to drive/handle the snow so its best to stay off the roads. I'm sure its somewhat similiar up there. Be careful!

Well my scale is moving but I still can't trust the number. This morning I got 3 different readings.....all lower than they were yesterday. :carrot: But I think I'm just going to have to break down and buy a new scale today. Otherwise this just might drive me crazy! It's not about the exact number...its more about seeing a correct number.

Have a wonderful day. Stay warm and drink lots of tea....its good for your soul!

ItsAboutTime
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Scales will drive you crazy! I step on mine 3 times too. Sometimes I get the same reading but if I don't, I take the battery out and start over. (Mine has memory and I hate it! If I know I've been great, or bad for that matter, and it stays exactly the same....it needs to have the old battery pulled.) I don't go by a number unless I see it more than once. Quite the prcedure! I still have an old dial one too but I never use it. I like the digital one best.

Mine stayed the same today...even after the battery pull so I hope it drops a little more by tomorrow. I have to admit, I grabbed a handful of peanuts yesterday at work. Slap my hand! I didn't let it spiral out of control though. I was in shipping instead of at my desk all day and I was "starving" at break in the afternoon. I had run my tail off so I made excuses once again. UGH!

nikkib
01-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I want a snow day! It's below zero here and I hate going out in that crap. We havn't even had an inch of snow all winter and we are usually past the 20 inch mark by now. Crazy!

I KNOW!! Tomorrow is going to be our super cold and crappy day in south eastern SD. They said on KELO -40 with wind chill plus some snow! I may be tempted to have a (cough, cough) real bad cold that required lots of sleep...

Stay warm :)

nikkib
01-18-2012, 10:05 AM
So I am going to try coleslaw that uses a little bit of splenda. Probably like 2-3 tsp for about 6 cups. I am kinda nervous because I do not use splenda, syrups or anything other than a a little bit of walden maple syrup on my pancake in the AM. I can have a 1 serving pack of it last me 4-5 days. I have noticed from looking at my journals from last time that when I used any of the above I slowed down big time. That is the reason why I am not doing salad this time. It made the whole thing miserable last time because I HATED most of the dressings and could not stomach barely any of the home made ones. Anyway... I am just freaking out over this splenda deal cause I have been loosing so good and feeling great plus enjoying what I am eating VERY much this time around. I want something a little dif taste than what I have been doing and I don't think this little amount is going to hurt anything. I know it is TOTALY stupid when you put it into prospective but does anyone else ever have these psychotic diet moments? My husband just looked at me like I was nuts today when I told him haha. I know someone on here will understand :)

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Ishbel
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the support yesterday, I was really nervous posting that and had to get some encouragement from buddies! :D

...I think I'm going to follow Jennydoodle's thread, do a mini phase off. The day I'm in phase 4 is the day I leave, the day I come back is my last day of phase 4. I'm home at probably 1 am that morning and I've refused to take the next day off (to get organized again)...rather I'm rolling out of bed and drinking a protein shake and I'm off to work. So that the phase 4 (7 days) isn't when I'm on an actual phase 1 schedule. I'm also writing down why I'm doing this...AND...I decided last night...to write down WHAT I'VE ALREADY MISSED! lol I'm confident this will help me remember why my head needs to get back in the game. We all know how much work we've put into it. For me, Christmas was hard, (I didn't take a break) so if I don't get my head back into the game I'll be dismissing all that hard work (thanksgiving too/having a cooler in the summer/new years etc etc).

I used to smoke, I quit more then 10 years ago...whenever I wanted another smoke I'd think about the three months I put in getting 'smoke free' and that if I wanted a smoke I'd disregard all that work. I need to think the same way about it. My job is not done when I come back and it's my job to be in phase 1.

gettinmygrooveback
01-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Scales will drive you crazy! I step on mine 3 times too. Sometimes I get the same reading but if I don't, I take the battery out and start over. (Mine has memory and I hate it! If I know I've been great, or bad for that matter, and it stays exactly the same....it needs to have the old battery pulled.) I don't go by a number unless I see it more than once. Quite the prcedure! I still have an old dial one too but I never use it. I like the digital one best.

Mine stayed the same today...even after the battery pull so I hope it drops a little more by tomorrow. I have to admit, I grabbed a handful of peanuts yesterday at work. Slap my hand! I didn't let it spiral out of control though. I was in shipping instead of at my desk all day and I was "starving" at break in the afternoon. I had run my tail off so I made excuses once again. UGH!

Speaking from experience here.......Next time you work in shipping, be prepared! Put some gum in your pocket so when that moment strikes you have a choice. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the scale didnt move JUST because of the disruption that handful of peanuts did to the IP process. Something to think about? :)

kelly1962
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Hey Sandra - I feel your pain, i did the same thing over Xmas. I decided i would go off program for the 1 day, and that turned into a week and a half. But good for you for getting back on, dont beat yourself up about when you did it, but the important thing is you did do it. I lost all my weight gain over the holidays in less than 3 weeks(15 lbs....geez). Drink 2 to 2.5 litres of water and be strict and i hope you have the same success as i did. My experience over the holidays taught me how important it is (now more than ever) to do the maintenance. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me. I was terrified to step on the scale Jan 1st, but i did it anyway. I dont want to go back to old habits of ignoring what i weigh. Go hard and by the summer, you will feel amazing and be so happy with yourself!!! You will do it and summer will be here before we know it!!!

leganegan
01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Well, this past weekend I went way off plan. :/ My scale had me down to 133, two lbs below goal, so I enjoyed a baby shower and the rest of the weekend. I don't know why I do that to myself. my plan was 2 weeks of phase 1 and then 2 weeks of phase 3 to start maintenance the right why unlike I did in December, I just enjoyed the holidays when I hit maintenenace. I guess I just am afraid, obviously I don't know how to eat bad one day and then stop and eat clean and healthy the next day (hence why I got as big as I did). So here I go AGAIN! I WILL phase 1/2 it for 10 days and then phase 3 it.

As we get thinner, it gets harder, glad I am not alone in finding my balance. I am pretty sure I ate a pound of honey roasted peanuts over the weekend and smores on the fire.... ugh. bad Lauren!

Salmon and asparagus never tasted so good last night.

JoLoMN
01-19-2012, 07:25 AM
I agree with you Jelly, the warmer weather makes drinking water so much easier! I mostly drink it at room temp, but it still brings on the feeling cold thing. I drink so much coffee now, and try to get some decaf in there, I just hope I can return to water in the Spring.

Hope the storm turns out to be less than forecasted.

gettinmygrooveback
01-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Good Morning IPeeps! Bought a new scale and unfortunately a side-by-side weight comparision between the old and new still shows a 4.5 pound difference NOT in my favor. Oh well, it is what it is. But I look great and I feel great. What I have left to lose is not considered vanity pounds...its weight that needs to leave me forever. I really think that 20 pounds from my current weight will be my happy settling place.

Small NSV....I am a jewelry girl. I love my sterling silver and I feel naked without some sort of silver adornment on me, everyday. After losing so much weight, I found many of my beautiful rings (and bracelets) no longer fit me correctly. Most of those I have been able to move up a finger. I have several that I can't wear AT ALL but can be resized...I just have to get that done. One special ring of mine (not resizeable) that I only wore on my right pinkie (only finger it fit), two rectangular shaped lapis stones in an elongated setting, became so loose I thought it would fall off. This morning I pulled it out and slipped it right onto my ring finger. Me so happy!

Have a wonderful day and I hope everyone realizes how valuable they are...not just to themselves. Stay warm...and drink hot tea. :D

ItsAboutTime
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Nice NSV! I need to get my wedding ring sized because it's become to big for my middle finger now too.

Ishbel
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
WOOT WOOT for moving rings onto different fingers. I have a pink gold one I wore on my pinkie (that was special), I haven't tried it on my ring finger yet...will do so tonight. (thanks for making me think of it!)

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

ItsAboutTime
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I have the start of a hellacious cold. I felt funky yesterday and last night the sore throat and stuffy nose came. Today I'm pretty miserable. My girls have a dance competition Saturday so I need to be well. Hope it's a short one!

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh! Lynsey, I hope you feel better soon! It seems everyone is getting a cold or getting sick now :(.

Today is my official weigh-in day and I decided not to post my weight in here before going under 201 which is where I was before taking the holiday break and now I am not there yet, hopefully soon though!

Hope everyone is doing great.

gettinmygrooveback
01-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Added a picture of my ring to my original post!

Lynsey.....Get some Airborne or Zicam your system ASAP!

JellyMae87
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Well good news is that it stopped snowing. But the bad news is that its now freezing rain. The roads are horrific!! But just like yesterday. As soon as I make it to work. The cancel things. Ugh.... So I'm gonna go to work with the bf. Hes a driver for fedex... So this should be tons of fun! I'm thankful my step father took me the mountains all the time to teach me how to drive in this Yucky stuff! But I do have to say its nice to keep up with all the guys and their huge pick up trucks... Anyways. I know that this has nothing to do with IP. But this would explain why i haven't been around!!

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome back Jelly, I was sending you 'be safe thoughts' yesterday! :)

Glad to know your ok. Have fun with the BF :)

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Small NSV....I am a jewelry girl. I love my sterling silver and I feel naked without some sort of silver adornment on me, everyday. After losing so much weight, I found many of my beautiful rings (and bracelets) no longer fit me correctly. Most of those I have been able to move up a finger. I have several that I can't wear AT ALL but can be resized...I just have to get that done. One special ring of mine (not resizeable) that I only wore on my right pinkie (only finger it fit), two rectangular shaped lapis stones in an elongated setting, became so loose I thought it would fall off. This morning I pulled it out and slipped it right onto my ring finger. Me so happy!

SO I tried on my pinkie ring...:( Didn't work, couldn't get it past my knuckle...almost forgot about it and then jumped out of bed at 10 pm last night and tried it on. :( I thought "oh well CAT, I'll re-size it for my ring or pinkie when I'm done". So I thought of you right before bed last night, kinda laughed a bit. This site has definately become part of my daily routine, not sure where I would be without it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Fizzyizzy
01-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for awhile as work's kept me away, but I'm still on IP and kicking butt. I actually moved into phase 3 two days ago and it's SO MUCH FUN yet it really seems like so much food!

Just wanted to say hello and give a little boost of encouragement to those who are still mid journey. I lost 35 pounds in three months, and the main reason why it came off so fast is because I DID NOT CHEAT. Not Once. Not little bites of cheese here and there, or crackers, or cream in my coffee, or glasses of wine- NOTHING. It was challenging, but now I'm DONE and not still on these boards, posting about why my weight is up and down and wondering why I can't get it off, all the while eating little cheats the whole time. JUST DON'T DO IT!

I know some of you don't need that sort of "tough love" and that you're 100% OP and cruising along. Good for you! But for those of you who cheat, post about it, and are sad, it's up to you to make the change.

All right, enough lecturing from me! Time to head to my WI. We'll see if the transition phases kept the weight off or bumped me back up.

Cheers,
Allison

ItsAboutTime
01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for awhile as work's kept me away, but I'm still on IP and kicking butt. I actually moved into phase 3 two days ago and it's SO MUCH FUN yet it really seems like so much food!

Just wanted to say hello and give a little boost of encouragement to those who are still mid journey. I lost 35 pounds in three months, and the main reason why it came off so fast is because I DID NOT CHEAT. Not Once. Not little bites of cheese here and there, or crackers, or cream in my coffee, or glasses of wine- NOTHING. It was challenging, but now I'm DONE and not still on these boards, posting about why my weight is up and down and wondering why I can't get it off, all the while eating little cheats the whole time. JUST DON'T DO IT!

I know some of you don't need that sort of "tough love" and that you're 100% OP and cruising along. Good for you! But for those of you who cheat, post about it, and are sad, it's up to you to make the change.

All right, enough lecturing from me! Time to head to my WI. We'll see if the transition phases kept the weight off or bumped me back up.

Cheers,
Allison

Just wanted to let you know I lost 50 pounds the same exact way you listed. Then I phased off and that is where the gains came from. I knew I wasn't done when I phased off but felt it was best before vacation. Now that I'm restarting it's much harder. That is the case for most of us in this thread. So, we know what works and what doesn't. And if you ever decide you need to do it once again, then you come tell us how easy it is. ;)

Determinedat47
01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Allison

Love Love Love your frankness. I have wanted to say the same thing many times-If you don't follow protocol 100%, don't whine. There is no magic to it, just do it and get done!

Determinedat47
01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to let you know I lost 50 pounds the same exact way you listed. Then I phased off and that is where the gains came from. I knew I wasn't done when I phased off but felt it was best before vacation. Now that I'm restarting it's much harder. That is the case for most of us in this thread. So, we know what works and what doesn't. And if you ever decide you need to do it once again, then you come tell us how easy it is. ;)

Lindsey,
I too struggle-especially after "going off" over the holidays. I am back at it, have lost my holiday weight-10 pounds and plan on another 10. Yikes-bottom line is we do know what works-sticking to the plan. Nice to have these discussion boards to confess, reach out for sympathy, and get suggestions. Hope you have a great on plan weekend and that your cold goes away quickly. Our weather here is above zero today! yippee! You usually get our weather a day or 2 after we get it and baby it's been coooooold here this week.

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey Hey Everyone,

Just went to the doc for my three months 'check in while on IP'. She's so excited for me and we reviewed AHhhhGAIN the protocol and she absolutely LOVES what I'm doing. I told her she was my best defense against anyone who didn't like my plan and what I was doing I can say "my doctor knows EVERYTHING and she's supportive AND happy!". She actually said "ask them to decide if you are healthy now or before"...which is what my inner voice always wants to say but when a friend is coming from a place of love/friendship it's hard to use my inner voice...even if I know my inner voice to be true. She also doesn't think I'm losing it to fast she said "it's that you're eating healthy and you weren't before, simple as that". We started swapping recipes! haha

My coach told me to check in with my doctor. She isn't in a medical clinic. But because so many of you guys in the states get support from someone in the medical profession I decided to go to her. I layed it all out and actively looked for her support. THEN asked her for a blood work medical chit for every three months to keep my thumb on the pulse of my journey. I even asked if I should be going monthly (she laughed and said no every three months is fine for you). We talked about my goal and how "I know it's not in my BMI" she said "don't worry about BMI's, they don't always fit the body type you need to be in a place that you're comfortable" I told her how my mom had problems staying at 160 so that's why I picked 165...she agreed it was a great goal.

Oh, and as of today I've been off the last pill for a week. I was off two of them within 6 weeks....I'M DRUG FREE!!!

Kinda doing the happy dance right now!

gettinmygrooveback
01-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone.....Apologies but I don't have time to reply to posts this morning....just wanted to say HI. But Ishbel!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you!

Had a completely "off" day yesterday, mentally and physically. No problems with following my diet...just everything seemed off. Unfortunately, my doctor's appt didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Lots of good news but I got some unexpected not so good news and its totally thrown me into a "mental funk". Still trying to absorb it all......but get this, at 51 years of age, I have no estrogen. For the second time in my life, I have had a doctor tell me that I was a "special recipe". You might think that's a good thing, but put yourself in shoes....its not! :(

But it's the weekend. Here shortly I have a hot date with a yoga mat and then I'm off to New Orleans to visit with my oldest and dearest friend before my hot date in the city with my new beau. How's that for changing perspectives? Know that I will be battling that temptation for a glass (or two) of Pinot Grigio.......hoping my yoga class sets me straight.

Best to all.......be grateful and be happy! :)

Busymomx4
01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
WHOO HOO for bootcamp, down 4.8lbs baby! Was contemplating doing boot camp again this week to ensure going under 200 but i missed them too much so i got 2, one for today and one for tomorrow...she also had the lemon soy puffs so i wanted to try those.

She also told me they got the email about the new mashed potatoes but i told her to find out how much carbs they have for me to decide if i want to try them or not cause if they're like the cookies, that's too much carbs to be worth it. And i'm happy enough with my mashed cauliflowers.

I was also talking to her about dh wanting to start with alternative products, he only has about 20lbs to lose..but she remembered that i once told her he was diabetic so she gave me all 4 phases for diabetics which is totally different. So we'll go to walmart today to find alternative products to use. Shouldn't take him too long to get it done!

Ishbel - So glad your dr. was so impressed and made you confident that what you are doing is perfect and how you don't have to justify yourself to anyone! You're totally my role model on this :)

Have a great week-end everyone!

Ishbel
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Had a completely "off" day yesterday, mentally and physically. No problems with following my diet...just everything seemed off. Unfortunately, my doctor's appt didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Lots of good news but I got some unexpected not so good news and its totally thrown me into a "mental funk". Still trying to absorb it all......but get this, at 51 years of age, I have no estrogen. For the second time in my life, I have had a doctor tell me that I was a "special recipe". You might think that's a good thing, but put yourself in shoes....its not! :(

Awe CAT, I'm sorry that your doctor's visit wasn't really all that great. Sending you thoughts today...:hug: Yoga will help you today, I believe it! :)

WHOO HOO for bootcamp, down 4.8lbs baby! Was contemplating doing boot camp again this week to ensure going under 200 but i missed them too much so i got 2, one for today and one for tomorrow...she also had the lemon soy puffs so i wanted to try those.

HOLY SMACKERS GIRL! You're so SO close to onderland...what a fantastic loss this week. You are consistenly losing AWESOME numbers!!! I can't get over it!!! You're my hero! lol

Momto2cs
01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Try some new things to get interested in ip aging. I have been back on phase 1 since jan 2. Pretty much op!

To keep interested I have been trying the recipes this time around. I just had 3 amazing blueberry muffins made from the blueberry pudding. Who knew??!! Sometimes it is nice to have food that needs chewing!!

ItsAboutTime
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Good Monday morning everyone. Had an "ok" weekend. Wasn't totally legal but wasn't as out of hand as last weekend. I had a nice weight on the scale this morning so I'm going to be 100% and try and make it even better. Nothing like a good scale day to keep you on track. :) The roads were horrible this morning. I was a little late for work but I'd rather drive slow and get here then kill myself trying to make it on time.

Busymomx4
01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Wow, we sure are a chatty bunch! lol.

Lynsey - Glad you had a good week-end!

Yesterday was my youngest son's bday (can't believe i now have 2 teenagers)..made his bday cake (chocolate cake with chocolate mousse in the middle covered in chocolate icing).looked really good. Then we ordered in chicken for lunch which of course had none (i know i could've switched lunch and dinner but i really like to eat dinner). And i had no problems at all...i really get a lot of joy out of people enjoying the food i prepare.

Had the lemon soy puffs....not super crazy about them, like the chocolate better.

TOM is supposed to show up this week, keep preparing myself that i probably won't reach onederland this week..but its ok..it will come!

Have a great day everyone!

JellyMae87
01-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Well hello everyone... So far the week has been normal. But saw that we could have snow back in the forecast soon... I'm sure it will be nothing like this last storm!! And a decent weekend... Had to work for half of it!! LOL but I'm still chugging along.

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow Jelly, you guys sure are having a ****ty winter!

It was super cold this past week-end (-20+)..and today...rain..which makes everything super slippery!

TOM showed up this morning along with lots of cramping so just want this day to be over so that i can go home and take a nice hot bath!

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Hey Hey Everyone,

So those of you doing this diet with a family...my full respect! I have been making suppers for the VIP and his son here and there. But generally they just eat what I give them and I might make some rice if the kidlet is there but if it's just me and the VIP then he gets the meat and the salad lol.

So since he's in renovation mode with no kitchen I'm 'trying to help' by making him some meals to get him through. I made him the club house pulled pork and OH MY GOSH!!! I miss pulled pork....a lot. He was chewing away and looking at me "seriously babe, it's not that good" as he licked his fingers LOL.

So I did some researching and had a friend FIND a diabetic pulled pork recipe that I'll be trying in the next 2-3 weeks!! WOOT WOOT!! I told him it's a risk...hopefully it's good...if it's good then he won't be having the club house packet one EVER AGAIN! lol If it's not good then....oh well! lol

So if you want the recipe let me know, otherwise you can wait until I try it and give you the news! :)

busymom sorry you feel yucky :(

nikkib
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies :) 3rd WI and down another 3.2!! So glad $$ issues got a little better and I am able to get back to business with this again. Sounds like everyone is having some great victories. Stay safe and warm and have a wonderful day :)

ItsAboutTime
01-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Having a horrible day! My grandpa had hip replacement surgery this morning and my grandma (on the other side) is back in the hospital and her cancer has spread to her bones. I can't go see either of them because my cold is worse than ever! Super bummed!

As far as eating goes, it's been right on. I saw an even better number this morning so I'm hoping to have an awesome weigh in Thursday!

Linden
01-24-2012, 03:06 PM
So if you want the recipe let me know, otherwise you can wait until I try it and give you the news! :)

I'd love to have it. Googled but would rather have your recommendation. ;)

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd love to have it. Googled but would rather have your recommendation. ;)

Hey Hey Linden!

So this is the link...I haven't gone to the bulk barn to check out the carb count in some of the ingredients...but I figure I could mix it all up in a bowl and throw it in a slow cooker just like the club house packet. I will use regular vinegar (prolly 1/3 cup like CH says), brown sugar splenda.

http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/diabeticrecipes/discussions/messages/3754402

Obviously no buns...what do you think of the recipe? You're on the up and up on nutritional data let me know what you think! :) It looks doable for sure...but really I've only just re-learned to cook. At 305 lbs I was NOT planning ahead for meals OR playing with spices LOL.

frazzledmom04
01-24-2012, 04:28 PM
That looks sooooo good. Let us know how it is when you try it. DH has been trying to find a pulled pork recipe that I could use too.

ptod
01-24-2012, 11:09 PM
To all the experienced posters gathered here - I want to be like you when I grow up.....well since I am pretty grown up....how about when I have been on this journey as long as each of you. :D I really am not a stalker, I am just admiring from afar....still I want to be little-r like you all. You all remind me what is possible. Thank you.

I have been looking for a home on the boards and have become frustrated with some of the craziness that seems to have infected the daily chat since the new year started. Truthfully, I kind of miss the threads at the end of the year when Wuv would post "where is everyone?" Board was slower, but the content seemed richer somehow.

Vent complete. Time to fold the laundry so I can finish packing for the weekend. Sigh, I feel better now. :p

ItsAboutTime
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning ipeeps. The scale is being good to me this week. Can't mention numbers in fear of jinxing myself but I will report right away in the morning.

Ptod, I haven't been in the daily chat for months so I don't know what's going on. Good luck to you and I wish you much success.

Ishbel
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Having a horrible day! My grandpa had hip replacement surgery this morning and my grandma (on the other side) is back in the hospital and her cancer has spread to her bones. I can't go see either of them because my cold is worse than ever! Super bummed!

As far as eating goes, it's been right on. I saw an even better number this morning so I'm hoping to have an awesome weigh in Thursday!

I'm sorry that you're going through that Lynsey...I hope you feel better so you can go visit.

To all the experienced posters gathered here - I want to be like you when I grow up.....well since I am pretty grown up....how about when I have been on this journey as long as each of you. :D I really am not a stalker, I am just admiring from afar....still I want to be little-r like you all. You all remind me what is possible. Thank you.

I have been looking for a home on the boards and have become frustrated with some of the craziness that seems to have infected the daily chat since the new year started. Truthfully, I kind of miss the threads at the end of the year when Wuv would post "where is everyone?" Board was slower, but the content seemed richer somehow.

Vent complete. Time to fold the laundry so I can finish packing for the weekend. Sigh, I feel better now. :p

Welcome! To be honest we're not that much of a chatty bunch LOL but we're here...speaking for myself, I moved here after the daily chat became nutzo too...I couldn't keep up anymore. So it's a little more chilled out here lol

Welcome! :D

ptod
01-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Good luck to you and I wish you much success.

Welcome! To be honest we're not that much of a chatty bunch LOL but we're here...speaking for myself, I moved here after the daily chat became nutzo too...I couldn't keep up anymore. So it's a little more chilled out here lol

Welcome! :D

I am not terribly chatty either, post occasionally & just find strength from posts on days I need some support/distraction. Thank you for being welcoming.

btw - I was not expecting to become shorter on this journey. After a tiring search, I finally found some dress pants that fit, but they were petite. I told my DH about the experience & of being frustrating and he looked at me like I just arrived on the planet. He said, duh, since you are loosing your tukas your pants no longer have to go horizontally before they fall vertically to the floor. I burst out laughing. Men.... :dizzy: ..........

maykatcooper
01-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I am not terribly chatty either, post occasionally & just find strength from posts on days I need some support/distraction. Thank you for being welcoming.

btw - I was not expecting to become shorter on this journey. After a tiring search, I finally found some dress pants that fit, but they were petite. I told my DH about the experience & of being frustrating and he looked at me like I just arrived on the planet. He said, duh, since you are loosing your tukas your pants no longer have to go horizontally before they fall vertically to the floor. I burst out laughing. Men.... :dizzy: ..........

That is too funny... Hmmmmm but so true. Smile.

Linden
01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
You're on the up and up on nutritional data let me know what you think! :) It looks doable for sure...but really I've only just re-learned to cook. At 305 lbs I was NOT planning ahead for meals OR playing with spices LOL.

:D This looks heavenly. The only thing I wondered about was the liquid smoke and the salt, but you use so little of it.

And it makes me a bit sad. I actually packed liquid smoke to send over before I got here and it was in the one box that didn't get here. I am really missing Hawai'ian kalua pork. (And my cheap version of smoked salmon.)

ItsAboutTime
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Good morning. This morning for my 3rd weigh in since my restart I am down 6.2 pounds! That means I have lost the 13 I gained and another 0.2 to get me started for the last 15-20 pounds I want to lose. So, hereI am, 0.2 less than I was before starting phase 3 last time. Here's to making it to goal this time! It only took me 3 short weeks to lose what I put back on. That makes me happy. I am now hoping for 2 a week to finish me off. I'm not thinking I'll have a great weigh in next week because TOM will be just days away and it's hard to have 2 big ones in a row in this stage. So, I'm looking at new territory next week possibly. The 140s! Never seen them in my adult life. Heck, it's probably been since 5th grade....seriously!

And yes, this was with a small slip up Saturday. Just want those of you who have had some ups and donws lately know that if you get right back on, don't let the one thing turn into many, you can do this!

tjlhj
01-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Hello All...
SO REFRESHING to find this post!!!
.... I am so glad to find my old friends again coming back after the holiday break. Dont mean to sing the same song, but suffice to say that after being OP the first time, coming back after the holidays is a tough start with a few false re-starts. Realized how much I need the support on here to get back on the horse. Lindsey, we were in the same boat in the fall, and here we are again...So nice to see you! Gettingmygrooveback, you have had some wise words I needed to hear. Just wanted to say THANKS, and put my commitment in writing.

tjlhj
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I wanted to add these thoughts since it has been a while... I did not post that much, but because I read everyday, I feel as if I know you.
2ride...your new pic is AMAZING! A complete transformation and you look great girl, do your dogs recognize you?
Jellymae, I remember when you started IP, so awesome to see where you have come since I was here last...GO GIRL
Busymomx4, BellaMack, Sandralosingweight....great job! So nice to see you again too!

gettinmygrooveback
01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi all, haven't been reading or posting lately (bad, CAT, bad!). Life is getting in the way. I'm doing fine and constantly moving forward attempting not to stress when things aren't going the way I'd planned.

I came across this in one of my newsletters and even though it pertains to yoga, I know a few of you can go a little deeper and see where it might be a little helpful for you in your journey.

Life's obstacles cause even the most accomplished yogis to wobble. Thankfully, yoga has a proven track record of helping practitioners get through the worst situations. The next time you're facing a difficult life challenge, keep in mind the following coping techniques inspired by yoga.
Dedicate space for reflection. It helps to have a corner of your home that feels sacred—somewhere you can retreat when you feel overwhelmed. It can be something as simple as a candle on your night stand or as elaborate as an altar.
Find a personal refuge. Choose a location with meaning for you—a beach, a park, a special place from childhood—and go there. "Even if it's just for a few hours, find a way to take a mental hiatus...."
Calm your breath. Notice when you're holding your breath or taking rapid, shallow breaths, and make an effort to focus on your inhalation and exhalation. A few breaths with a present can change not only your day, but your entire outlook on life.

Linden
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi all, haven't been reading or posting lately (bad, CAT, bad!). Life is getting in the way. I'm doing fine and constantly moving forward attempting not to stress when things aren't going the way I'd planned.

I came across this in one of my newsletters and even though it pertains to yoga, I know a few of you can go a little deeper and see where it might be a little helpful for you in your journey.

Life's obstacles cause even the most accomplished yogis to wobble. Thankfully, yoga has a proven track record of helping practitioners get through the worst situations. The next time you're facing a difficult life challenge, keep in mind the following coping techniques inspired by yoga.
Dedicate space for reflection. It helps to have a corner of your home that feels sacred—somewhere you can retreat when you feel overwhelmed. It can be something as simple as a candle on your night stand or as elaborate as an altar.
Find a personal refuge. Choose a location with meaning for you—a beach, a park, a special place from childhood—and go there. "Even if it's just for a few hours, find a way to take a mental hiatus...."
Calm your breath. Notice when you're holding your breath or taking rapid, shallow breaths, and make an effort to focus on your inhalation and exhalation. A few breaths with a present can change not only your day, but your entire outlook on life.

Well. I'm glad you're back. And I really like the quote. Problem is I want to be home and just go listen to the ocean.

gettinmygrooveback
01-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Hello All...
SO REFRESHING to find this post!!!
.... I am so glad to find my old friends again coming back after the holiday break. Dont mean to sing the same song, but suffice to say that after being OP the first time, coming back after the holidays is a tough start with a few false re-starts. Realized how much I need the support on here to get back on the horse. Lindsey, we were in the same boat in the fall, and here we are again...So nice to see you! Gettingmygrooveback, you have had some wise words I needed to hear. Just wanted to say THANKS, and put my commitment in writing.

Thank you. Nice feeling knowing my shared words are greatly appreciated. Rock on, Sista!

Well. I'm glad you're back. And I really like the

quote. Problem is I want to be home and just go listen to the ocean.

Thanks Linden.....distraction in the face of temptation is a wonderful thing. And if we really center ourselves in the process, I think that's priceless. And I too love the ocean. A favorite line from a special song of mine "Did I tell you the sound of the surf makes strange things happen to me" (strange = good) Most definitely my happy place!

Another 100% OP day, praying the scale moves downward in the morning. I have new (smaller) size jeans calling my name and I've been a little afraid to try them on again until I saw a smaller number on the scale. I know that's just silly but that mind/scale number plays some mean head games on me.....on all of us. Just not ready to go there.

Home this weekend cleaning closets, getting rid of clothes and organizing clutter. Also checking out a restaurant to host my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. Wish me luck. Hoping this very local venue will handle EVERYTHING. All I want to do is show up, have fun and then leave after my ex husband pays the majority of the bill. :D ......I'm so bad.

Determinedat47
01-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Well. I'm glad you're back. And I really like the quote. Problem is I want to be home and just go listen to the ocean.

By home, do you mean Hawaii? Are you going to move back there in the future?

JellyMae87
01-27-2012, 03:09 AM
I wanted to add these thoughts since it has been a while... I did not post that much, but because I read everyday, I feel as if I know you.
2ride...your new pic is AMAZING! A complete transformation and you look great girl, do your dogs recognize you?
Jellymae, I remember when you started IP, so awesome to see where you have come since I was here last...GO GIRL
Busymomx4, BellaMack, Sandralosingweight....great job! So nice to see you again too!

Well thank you!! I needed that so much... Been having a rough time with medical issues lately getting in the way of my losses.... But I'm hoping I've got it all figured out now!!

Maile
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Jellymae..I hope your medical issues are getting better. You deserve to have a wonderful day.

Maile
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Linden..I miss the sound of the waves also..Hope your pain is better.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Thank you, actually with all the changes the only ones that do recognize me are my dogs and my friends dogs. One of the lady's at work showed this pictures to all the guys she works with and asked them if they knew who this person was, no one knew it was me... it was very funny. I recommend to everyone to have a day of spa makeup and picture taking, it makes the work so worth while... I have been stressing a lot about my weight as I have gained but have decided to up the exercise and get me and my Red dog back in shape as she no longer has a waist and that isn't good when doing agility. I love this time of year when it is a little cold, I run best in colder weather. Started this week and it seems to be going well, will keep you all posted on my progress. Take care all and have a great weekend.:hug:

Linden
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
By home, do you mean Hawaii? Are you going to move back there in the future?

Yes, Hawai'i. I may go back for a while later this year but I don't want to keep transporting 2 animals across 12 time zones, one of whom will be 20 years old by then.

Maile, had the CT scan today and got a good look at the fracture, and huge bruising, and bone splinters. Yech. Right now I'm more concerned about getting over a revolting head cold that's going into my chest. Don't you just hate it when one thing goes wrong, then another, than another? Hoping this run is about to wear itself out. :^:

gettinmygrooveback
01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, Hawai'i. I may go back for a while later this year but I don't want to keep transporting 2 animals across 12 time zones, one of whom will be 20 years old by then.

Maile, had the CT scan today and got a good look at the fracture, and huge bruising, and bone splinters. Yech. Right now I'm more concerned about getting over a revolting head cold that's going into my chest. Don't you just hate it when one thing goes wrong, then another, than another? Hoping this run is about to wear itself out. :^:

Sorry for your pain...I hope the tides turn for you very soon. And then I'll meet you in Hawaii. :)

JellyMae87
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank you, actually with all the changes the only ones that do recognize me are my dogs and my friends dogs. One of the lady's at work showed this pictures to all the guys she works with and asked them if they knew who this person was, no one knew it was me... it was very funny. I recommend to everyone to have a day of spa makeup and picture taking, it makes the work so worth while... I have been stressing a lot about my weight as I have gained but have decided to up the exercise and get me and my Red dog back in shape as she no longer has a waist and that isn't good when doing agility. I love this time of year when it is a little cold, I run best in colder weather. Started this week and it seems to be going well, will keep you all posted on my progress. Take care all and have a great weekend.:hug:

I do Have to say, That I have been feeling pretty down lately with my losses being close to nothing due to some new medications that I was put on, So I talked to the Dr, and we agreed that they werent right for me... I think that she was more bummed than I was that I didnt change as much as she hoped... Anyways to make myself feel better, I went a took a visit to my old employer, and went and said Hi to everyone whom I havent seen in since Sept... Everyone was shocked... But then I get the usual 1 million questions. which I just hate saying over and over again!!

But it was definetely a confidence booster. I left with a smile on my face!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
I do Have to say, That I have been feeling pretty down lately with my losses being close to nothing due to some new medications that I was put on, So I talked to the Dr, and we agreed that they werent right for me... I think that she was more bummed than I was that I didnt change as much as she hoped... Anyways to make myself feel better, I went a took a visit to my old employer, and went and said Hi to everyone whom I havent seen in since Sept... Everyone was shocked... But then I get the usual 1 million questions. which I just hate saying over and over again!!

But it was definetely a confidence booster. I left with a smile on my face!
Hopefully you and your Doctor will find the right mixture... You are doing so great you just keep going.

Linden - you have had your three things going wrong now you will continue everyday to get healthier and stronger. Take care.

Linden
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry for your pain...I hope the tides turn for you very soon. And then I'll meet you in Hawaii. :)

Now why didn't we think off that when we were planning lunch earlier? :D

And thanks, Joanne. I was sort of in a "my cup runneth over" mood earlier today but the petite pity party is over. I just wish the doctor who showed me the CT results hadn't said, "Well, I'm glad to see you can walk."
Shoot, I'd just walked to their offices and it was almost 2 miles. I was so taken aback, though, that I didn't think to ask him if I shouldn't be walking. :o So I walked home. :D

nikkib
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
For those of you that DO exercise I would like to do some toning and core exercise. I would like to do it right away after I wake up. I would eat breakfast first tho and then do it. Here is the question. After I am done I would only need half a pack then right? I know they say to add a extra pack if you do exercise but since I am doing it right after breakfast would I still need to have the rest of the pack at some point in the day?

Thanks all :)

gettinmygrooveback
01-27-2012, 09:32 PM
For those of you that DO exercise I would like to do some toning and core exercise. I would like to do it right away after I wake up. I would eat breakfast first tho and then do it. Here is the question. After I am done I would only need half a pack then right? I know they say to add a extra pack if you do exercise but since I am doing it right after breakfast would I still need to have the rest of the pack at some point in the day?

Thanks all :)

I've been exercising my entire journey and have always had a full extra packet on the days of more than moderate intensity exercise. You have tricky question....but I personally would be inclined to have the entire packet. Think about what's happening. You have your protein drink prior....this fuels your body/muscles for your activity. Depending on the exercise intensity, more than likely whatever fuel/nutrition was available prior has now been depleted if not
non-existent. NOW, you need to refuel so your body doesn't attack your muscles looking for fuel. Personally, I think those few extra calories are a mute point. I keep EAS low carb drinks around for my extras.....keeps my cost down.

Hope this makes sense to you......I've had a strange, rough emotional day. And proudly I can say, the only thing I have control over is my food! Another 100% OP day.

Linden
01-28-2012, 02:34 AM
I've had a strange, rough emotional day. And proudly I can say, the only thing I have control over is my food! Another 100% OP day.

I'm really sorry for the upheaval but I think proud is just the right word for having control over food.

Jelly, I really hope the new medications are working out a lot better, in all directions. I'm just tempted to ask if you have had your thyroid checked recently, especially if the medicine caused any hormone imbalance -- on top of the hormone imbalance IP can cause?

nikkib
01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I've been exercising my entire journey and have always had a full extra packet on the days of more than moderate intensity exercise. You have tricky question....but I personally would be inclined to have the entire packet. Think about what's happening. You have your protein drink prior....this fuels your body/muscles for your activity. Depending on the exercise intensity, more than likely whatever fuel/nutrition was available prior has now been depleted if not
non-existent. NOW, you need to refuel so your body doesn't attack your muscles looking for fuel. Personally, I think those few extra calories are a mute point. I keep EAS low carb drinks around for my extras.....keeps my cost down.

Hope this makes sense to you......I've had a strange, rough emotional day. And proudly I can say, the only thing I have control over is my food! Another 100% OP day.

Thanks CAT. That does make total sense. I do have EAS drinks in the fridge so that will be no problem. They are also like 2 carb and 17 protein so I think that will be perfect. I am sorry you have had such a crappy day yesterday. I hope your weekend is much better. Be proud you were 100% OP. We ARE without a doubt worth it :)

gettinmygrooveback
01-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Help my friends.....

This is the part of my restricted journey that I hate. I haven't even had my lunch yet and I'm stressing over dinner. I just found out my night out with the girls tonight will take us to a sushi restaurant that I am not familiar with nor do I know the name. It's in a town about 40 miles from me (great meet in the middle place for us all).

What the heck do I order as a Phase 1er???? I know what I like to eat. I don't do raw...at all. But give me a bowl of salted edamame and a spicy shrimp roll and I'm a happy girl.

Suggestions please, please, please!

Going to post in the Maintainers thread as well!

Momto2cs
01-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Most sushi restaurants have real food options.

Maybe you can request salmon or chicken plain with steamed veggies...

Or eat before and have green tea - boring, but at least you can socialize!!!!

gettinmygrooveback
01-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Most sushi restaurants have real food options.

Maybe you can request salmon or chicken plain with steamed veggies...

Or eat before and have green tea - boring, but at least you can socialize!!!!

Thanks....I think I'm going to pack a little to-go bag of veggies and a drink. I have yet to have my lunch...trying to hold out as long as I can. I'm leaving in a hour or so.....that makes eating beforehand is not an option. Let's hope they do have a few basic options for me.

I had a moment of panic set in today when I found out our evening plans.....right after l left yoga class where my bad knee decided to rear its ugly head once again.....yes, I'm currently in pain and probably shouldn't be heading too far from the house. There's been this black cloud following me around all week and decision making is not one of my strong suites at the moment. Just have to keep reminding myself that I am intelligent enough to make wise choices.

JellyMae87
01-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm really sorry for the upheaval but I think proud is just the right word for having control over food.

Jelly, I really hope the new medications are working out a lot better, in all directions. I'm just tempted to ask if you have had your thyroid checked recently, especially if the medicine caused any hormone imbalance -- on top of the hormone imbalance IP can cause?

They are checking it again... I've never had an issue with it in the past... But who knows... I should be able to see my results by Tuesday... I wasn't fasting this time she wanted to see a difference... I've also been put on the NuvaRing... I know a handful of ladies used it while on IP. Anything I should look out for??

Mom3LoveBugs
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Have any of you ladies tried doing 'boot camp' where you cut out meat for 4-5 days and up your protein packs?

Just curious if it helped your weight loss, thanks!

JellyMae87
01-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Have any of you ladies tried doing 'boot camp' where you cut out meat for 4-5 days and up your protein packs?

Just curious if it helped your weight loss, thanks!

I never knew this as a boot camp. I thought it was cutting out the restricted...

Linden
01-29-2012, 04:15 AM
I never knew this as a boot camp. I thought it was cutting out the restricted...

The original definition of boot camp, from the manual as it was a year and ago was 4-5 packets a day, all the vegetables, salad, oil, and water and no more than a week in duration.

I can not remember whether this came from the Canadian or states' manual, and don't know whether it was the same in both.

ItsAboutTime
01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Got some new motivation to stay op. Yes, at this point I need everything I can get. The jeans I've been wearing are getting big and I've been wearing them all since October so I went jean shopping yesterday. I got 3 pairs and 2 of them are a little snug. I know 5-10 pounds will make all the difference at this point. (Paper towel theory.) So, went ahead and bought them and will do my best to get into them comfortbly by the end of February. Also, we are staying in a motel with a water park in March. (We take our girls around the end of Jan-Feb every year just to get out of the cold for a bit.) I will be need a new suit and I'm waiting until probably that week to get one. I want to be as close to goal as possible when I get it so I don't have to go out and get another. Anyway, my hubby really wants to see me in a bikini. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear one in public because of my "battle wounds" from having children but I'd like to try one on "just to see". And maybe take a pic for my husband. ;) I obviously won't be toned up but I hope to be about 10 or more pounds less by then.

None of this will happen if I let myself act as I have been acting. I needed a kick in the pants and I think this will prove to be it. It's already working and my "I don't care" attitude has had to take a backseat about 50 times today. I keep reminding myself I have those jeans up stairs and I wouldn't want to waste all that money! It's an extra step when I want to throw something in my mouth to actually stop and think, but it's working like a charm.

What kind of things are you doing that are helping in this area? Maybe you can help someone else out by sharing.

ItsAboutTime
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Helllllloooooo? Is there anybody in here? ;)

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

gettinmygrooveback
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi all.....laying low and doing my best NOT to get sick. Just about everyone around here has some sort of congestion-cough-upper respiratory illness. And I'm just finding out there's been an intestinal virus spreading like wildfire. My son is currently home "suffering" its ill effects. I was in the movie theatre this weekend and had the most unfortunate luck sitting in front of a woman who kept sneezing. :( Where's a can of Lysol when you need it? Praying my immune system doesn't let me down.

Waiting for my physical therapist to return my phone call. What I had been dreading has to happen. Time for surgery on my knee. I reached back to grab my ankle in yoga class Sat. AM and there was the "pop". I've been on/off in pain ever since....almost afraid to put any weight on my left knee for fear of a "wobble". Wobble = great pain + lingering muscular pains all up and down my legs. I am so not happy but have now decided that this surgery MUST be fast tracked. My PT should be able to get my MRI scheduled quicker than myself. <fingers crossed>

And then there's the scale.....I gave it an unpleasant gesture this morning, refusing to grace IT with my presence. I was feeling super bloated this morning and decided I didn't need a number I didn't care to see weigh me down today. There's always tomorrow.

Really struggling to stay OP. Many, many times I have said the heck with it and "went" looking through my pantry at home for something "bad". Thank goodness, there's nothing "bad" in my house. (I'm not the type to go out and get something). By the time I realize there's nothing there for me to eat, that feeling has passed. I haven't had a protein bar in my house in several months.....that was always my "bad".

I hope everyone is having a better day than me! I just needed to vent and deflate. Fresh cup of hot tea awaits me.

Toodles

nikkib
01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I hope everyone is having a better day than me! I just needed to vent and deflate. Fresh cup of hot tea awaits me.

Toodles

Oh no!! Well I guess it is better to have surgery now before it affects your hip or goes totally out and you screw up your back (knock on wood). Either way I can see how you would be frustrated. I totally hear you about the lysol can. The family went out for pizza (except me of course) and a guy a few booths down was hacking up a lung. It was real gross and I wanted to tell the kids don't breath!! On the bright side you didn't mess up and do something bad You are still OP and well to be honest I'm sure you would not be the first person to give your scale the finger. :hug:

ItsAboutTime
01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Protein bars are my bad too. I do have other bad things though with a hubby and 2 kids it's hard to keep it all out of here.

I've had this darn cold for weeks! It seems to be getting better today finally. This is the first time I'm not Rudolph from blowing my nose in weeks.

Good luck with the knee. Sounds horrible!

JellyMae87
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Working at a super busy clinic today... I'm finally checking in today. Anyways had a bad night with the bf... Typical crap we always argue about. So anyways. Skipped dinner. Hopefully it won't screw me up completely... We were doing so well the last few months... Ugh. Anyways. I really wanted to endulge in some trail mix... But didn't.

ShrinkinSue
01-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey Sandra - I feel your pain, i did the same thing over Xmas. I decided i would go off program for the 1 day, and that turned into a week and a half. But good for you for getting back on, dont beat yourself up about when you did it, but the important thing is you did do it. I lost all my weight gain over the holidays in less than 3 weeks(15 lbs....geez). Drink 2 to 2.5 litres of water and be strict and i hope you have the same success as i did. My experience over the holidays taught me how important it is (now more than ever) to do the maintenance. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me. I was terrified to step on the scale Jan 1st, but i did it anyway. I dont want to go back to old habits of ignoring what i weigh. Go hard and by the summer, you will feel amazing and be so happy with yourself!!! You will do it and summer will be here before we know it!!!

I too have gone off program for a day during the holidays and that turned into a year plus gaining back 22 lbs. I'm just disgusted with myself. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me as well. Day 1 back on track, I've had a miserable time getting back on track but this is it! I just hope this time around I can see my goal through all the way

Mom3LoveBugs
01-31-2012, 12:16 AM
I too have gone off program for a day during the holidays and that turned into a year plus gaining back 22 lbs. I'm just disgusted with myself. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me as well. Day 1 back on track, I've had a miserable time getting back on track but this is it! I just hope this time around I can see my goal through all the way

hi Sue... we have a thread going for people who have re-started.... pop over and say hi!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251698-second-time-around-encouragement-previously-hard-time-restarting.html

gettinmygrooveback
01-31-2012, 11:21 AM
OMG.....I love my physical therapist. She got me in to see the orthopedic surgery THIS Thursday. No MRI yet but at least he will let me know where I stand! Super scared and nervous right now.....but pumped that this moving this forward quickly. :carrot:

Food???? What's that?????

Linden
01-31-2012, 02:01 PM
OMG.....I love my physical therapist. She got me in to see the orthopedic surgery THIS Thursday. No MRI yet but at least he will let me know where I stand! Super scared and nervous right now.....but pumped that this moving this forward quickly. :carrot:

Food???? What's that?????

That is good news. Look on the bright side. At least the knee is operable, right? I was told this afternoon that my fractured vertebra isn't healing itself and the only thing to do is take pain killers to get the inflammation down. And we all know what those lead to. Honestly, I think things are looking up for you. :hug:

gettinmygrooveback
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
That is good news. Look on the bright side. At least the knee is operable, right? I was told this afternoon that my fractured vertebra isn't healing itself and the only thing to do is take pain killers to get the inflammation down. And we all know what those lead to. Honestly, I think things are looking up for you. :hug:

I'm sorry you have to suffer. Why is it not healing? Are you perhaps "doing" too much? Do you need to give it more time and just let the "drugs" help you get there? Are there not any sort of alternative therapies that will help your body?

Thank you for acknowledging the positive for me. I hope I can do the same for you very soon. :hug:

I just spoke to my older sister who is currently in her 4th week of rehab for both knee's being replaced. She keeps trying to tell me not to be such a worry wart. Easy for her to say....she's a critical care nurse. (She has two lines on her nursing badge just to handle all the initials after her name!) She has no problem with someone sticking a needle into her skin. I wasn't blessed with those same genes. I just hope I'm rehabing myself within the next few weeks.

100% OP once again, but my body doesn't seem to be responding so well to this stress. <sigh> I managed to eat my soup and veggies for lunch but they just didn't taste very good......and I just can't seem to get warm today. I sense a good hot cup of tea in my not so distant future. :)

gettinmygrooveback
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Well thank you!! I needed that so much... Been having a rough time with medical issues lately getting in the way of my losses.... But I'm hoping I've got it all figured out now!!

You finally get those doctors set straight? :)

patns
02-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Where have all the experienced people gone? This thread was on the 4th page!

Pat

Determinedat47
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Where have all the experienced people gone? This thread was on the 4th page!

Pat

Hi Pat-
I am here. Having a descent weekend, eating low carb and walked 4 miles a day yesterday and today. I am struggling about consistent excersise. Go days and days without doing anything. It goes hand and hand with eating habits- I feel so good when I get excersise and eat right, but it is so easy for me to talk myself out of it. Maybe I need electroshock therapy or something:) lifelong challenges- hope it all becomes such a habit that I don't have to think about it quite so often. Time will tell!:smug:

maykatcooper
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Not only that Pat, but you fixed the problem. Back to page one we are! Smile. Good job!:)

patns
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi Pat-
I am here. Having a descent weekend, eating low carb and walked 4 miles a day yesterday and today. I am struggling about consistent excersise. Go days and days without doing anything. It goes hand and hand with eating habits- I feel so good when I get excersise and eat right, but it is so easy for me to talk myself out of it. Maybe I need electroshock therapy or something:) lifelong challenges- hope it all becomes such a habit that I don't have to think about it quite so often. Time will tell!:smug:

Oh good!!! There is experienced life still out there!

Determined, I just realized you are from Montana. Due south of us. So I am impressed that you walked yesterday and today! my coach had told me walking is very good exercise after one has been on the plan for a few weeks.

But my job is crazy busy during the winter months due to the time of government funding deadlines and also the tempeture can be -30 for days on end. But for some reason this year it is like May here. I can't believe it but my mindset is still set to "brutal weather" when it comes to exercise. It is like I am afraid if I start to walk a mile or so away it will be tempting fate and a blizzard will come out of nowhere suddenly.
I am pretty good in the spring and summer I can walk for kilometres in the national park near me. They just sent a bunch of baby bisons from that park to NE Montana this week. Say hi to them from me if you come across them (then run!).

Pat

patns
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
maykat, I found the section on Sparkpeople with IP on it. It felt good to change my weight there. Last time I had checked in I was 158, today i could change it to 132! Dumb computer didn't even say Good job!!!

Pat

Determinedat47
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Pat- I live in northeast Montana so know what you mean about the brutal winters. Our weather is very similar if not identical to yours. This "winter" has been crazy- like spring for sure. I guess God is giving us a break after the harsh one we had last year. I too am very busy- work 2 full time jobs- one of them I am on call for some of the hours so this weekend was able to walk inside in a building that has a walking path. I hate the treadmill but I need to find a way to make it work. There are not many options for exercise classes, etc here in our remote part of the world so I need to learn to exercise alone and like it. Wish I was one of those running addicts!
There are many mixed feelings regarding the relocation of the bison. The land owners and ranchers have some very valid concerns.

Paint Lady
02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
CAT- I just wanted to say that it was so nice to meet you the other day. I have a feeling that if I lived closer to you, we would be fast friends. I could have talked with you for hours, lol! Guess that's the Louisiana in us. So far, I have met two people from here in person, you and Wuv, and both were very positive encounters. I hope things are going well with your knee and the upcoming wedding!

gettinmygrooveback
02-06-2012, 11:42 AM
CAT- I just wanted to say that it was so nice to meet you the other day. I have a feeling that if I lived closer to you, we would be fast friends. I could have talked with you for hours, lol! Guess that's the Louisiana in us. So far, I have met two people from here in person, you and Wuv, and both were very positive encounters. I hope things are going well with your knee and the upcoming wedding!

Thank you Lacey. I so enjoyed meeting you as well. We'll have to do lunch one day soon and chat the afternoon away instead of having a wind-blown conversation in Sam's parking lot. We have each other phone numbers now! :) Thank you again for your clothing donation. Kevin wanted me to extend a big thankful to you on behalf of his church.

Well I had my MRI this morning and if all goes well, I should be having my surgery within a week. Not happy about the surgery but will be so grateful to get this mess behind me. I have not stepped on the scale since Friday AM and don't really plan on doing so. I remain OP but the anti-inflammatory drugs the surgeon gave me have me feeling super bloated (not to mention a little loopy).....the waist on my pants today feel a little snug. I have to do what I have to do right now....and I DON'T have to step on the scale to deal with a possible mental blow. I'm scared and nervous about the next few weeks. I will continue to watch my food intake closely and let my body heal.

Have a good day all.......

Linden
02-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Well I had my MRI this morning and if all goes well, I should be having my surgery within a week. Not happy about the surgery but will be so grateful to get this mess behind me. I have not stepped on the scale since Friday AM and don't really plan on doing so. I remain OP but the anti-inflammatory drugs the surgeon gave me have me feeling super bloated (not to mention a little loopy).....the waist on my pants today feel a little snug. I have to do what I have to do right now....and I DON'T have to step on the scale to deal with a possible mental blow. I'm scared and nervous about the next few weeks. I will continue to watch my food intake closely and let my body heal.

I wish you the very, very best of luck with both the surgery and the recover. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while BUT it's because of the loopiness, if there's such a word, and a recalcitrant computer. In a week I went up five pounds, stopped the antibiotic on Saturday and the anti-inflammatory yesterday, and I'm down 4 even though I'm still taking 2 different pain killers. So THERE IS HOPE. And I was feeling more than what Paint Lady calls "fluffy". ;) This evil shall pass. Edit: Still loopy.

Linden
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Dumb computer didn't even say Good job!!!

Pat

Well, I will. Good Job.

gettinmygrooveback
02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I wish you the very, very best of luck with both the surgery and the recover. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while BUT it's because of the loopiness, if there's such a word, and a recalcitrant computer. In a week I went up five pounds, stopped the antibiotic on Saturday and the anti-inflammatory yesterday, and I'm down 4 even though I'm still taking 2 different pain killers. So THERE IS HOPE. And I was feeling more than what Paint Lady calls "fluffy". ;) This evil shall pass. Edit: Still loopy.

Well there you are! Thought about you a couple of times here lately. I've been trying very hard to stayout of the dumps with regards to my knee and lack of/slow weight loss. It's all about staying strong and upbeat that keeps are bodies happy and properly functioning. And from there, we can heal quickly AND properly. We will get past this. I'm just so darn headstrong...hard to keep a good woman down. I'm not looking forward to "laying up" for an extended period of time. But it is what it is.........Perhaps I'll get luckly with some excellent medication that will allow me to sleep for extended periods of time. :)

Love the term "fluffy"....except I associate the word "lightweight" with fluffy. That is EXACTLY what I'm NOT feeling right now. Best to you Linden.....if loopy does the trick, let it happen. Heal well! :hug:

I'll let you know when I schedule my trip to the very cold, bright, stainless steel room. :cry:

Edit......Thank you for the well wishes! I'm a bit loopy too!

gettinmygrooveback
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone care to enlighten me with their experiences with prescription anti-inflammatory medication and weight loss? I know Linden’s feeling “fluffy” and it sounds like any fluid retention is relieved once medication is stopped. Anyone else seeing this “process” happening? I am petrified as to what post-surgery pain medication is going to do to me. I am so frustrated and doing my best not to be so upset. I feel like the hamster on her wheel……..

maykatcooper
02-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Anyone care to enlighten me with their experiences with prescription anti-inflammatory medication and weight loss? I know Linden’s feeling “fluffy” and it sounds like any fluid retention is relieved once medication is stopped. Anyone else seeing this “process” happening? I am petrified as to what post-surgery pain medication is going to do to me. I am so frustrated and doing my best not to be so upset. I feel like the hamster on her wheel……..

I actually have a lot more trouble with antibiotic. Remember that your body uses fluids to flush infection and also that fluid builds up around injury/surgery sights as part of the healing process. I find that drinking even more water... very icy cold helps my body flush the excess faster. Also tea is a good diuretic. The shock to your body from the injury and (has Linden already had the surgery... ) are you scheduled for surgery and I missed it GROOVE? All these things will pass. I asked my doc about diet for my rotator cuff surgery back in August. The suggestion from him (my MD) was to go to P2 for the healing time about a week before and at least 2 weeks after. My weight was so up and down until about 4 weeks after surgery when my body began to let out a sigh of relief... Surgery is never easy and we need to give ourselves allowance for it to be uncomfortable. That is not an excuse for cheating. Sometimes the pills can cause nausea. An old Chinese (I'm Scotch Irish/German) gave me a surgical miracle drink after my hysterectomy. Make hot tea (have someone do this for you if you can - smile) and get an icy cold Diet Ginger Ale (hopefully with Splenda). Mix the two drinks half/half and sip. It settles the tummy beautifully and repeat as needed. It really worked for me and again helped me get through the agony of shoulder surgery. I hope it will help. Any normal black orange pekoe tea as in Lipton or Nestea works and even decaf is fine. :hug:

maykatcooper
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
maykat, I found the section on Sparkpeople with IP on it. It felt good to change my weight there. Last time I had checked in I was 158, today i could change it to 132! Dumb computer didn't even say Good job!!!

Pat

Well I will say it! Pat, GOOD JOB! Silly Spark People. Smile. That is so fantastic. You must have felt euphoric. Smile. Congratulations. It seems the leader on the site changes every few months but the IP group continues. Ideal Protein - Lohja Finland is Stephen from Finlands' FaceBook site and really great. Anyway, WELCOME. Smile. Kathy
:carrot:

mamarix1
02-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Well I will say it! Pat, GOOD JOB! Silly Spark People. Smile. That is so fantastic. You must have felt euphoric. Smile. Congratulations. It seems the leader on the site changes every few months but the IP group continues. Ideal Protein - Lohja Finland is Stephen from Finlands' FaceBook site and really great. Anyway, WELCOME. Smile. Kathy
:carrot:

Wow MKC where has everyone gone that we started this journey with? I've been looking and reading and it seems like everyone has moved on. I sure hope they're doing well!

maykatcooper
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow MKC where has everyone gone that we started this journey with? I've been looking and reading and it seems like everyone has moved on. I sure hope they're doing well!

Here's hoping they hit goal and stayed there! Smile... as we will do soon! Really smiling now!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow MKC where has everyone gone that we started this journey with? I've been looking and reading and it seems like everyone has moved on. I sure hope they're doing well!Welcome back, we are all still here, or in the maintenance thread... glad to see you back, nice to see familiar faces.

maykatcooper
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Welcome back, we are all still here, or in the maintenance thread... glad to see you back, nice to see familiar faces.

YAY!!!:hug:

GoodEatsandWine
02-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I put this on the maintenance thread but thought I would throw this out here as well :)

Hello all! I've been a bug on the wall for several weeks and have learned so much about IP from reading everyones posts...thank you! I'll be moving to phase 2/3 very soon and wanted to get some help with the Phase 3 breakfast. Living in Alaska, I'm very limited to products/brands and will most likely have to order online for items such as cereal (muesli and/or granola). I'm not sure bread can be ordered online and still be fresh but that might be a possibility as well. I've combed this forum by reading several threads and doing searches and I found a couple brand names but wanted to ask for your help as well. Can you share the brand name of muesli, granola, bread, yogurt (include if you use low-fat or non-fat), peanut butter, etc. that you've used? Thank you and congratulations on your achievements!!

mamarix1
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;4209922]Welcome back, we are all still here, or in the maintenance thread... glad to see you back, nice to see familiar faces.[/QUOTE\

thank you so much, NICE PICTURE!!

Determinedat47
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
I put this on the maintenance thread but thought I would throw this out here as well :)

Hello all! I've been a bug on the wall for several weeks and have learned so much about IP from reading everyones posts...thank you! I'll be moving to phase 2/3 very soon and wanted to get some help with the Phase 3 breakfast. Living in Alaska, I'm very limited to products/brands and will most likely have to order online for items such as cereal (muesli and/or granola). I'm not sure bread can be ordered online and still be fresh but that might be a possibility as well. I've combed this forum by reading several threads and doing searches and I found a couple brand names but wanted to ask for your help as well. Can you share the brand name of muesli, granola, bread, yogurt (include if you use low-fat or non-fat), peanut butter, etc. that you've used? Thank you and congratulations on your achievements!!

Where in Alaska?

Pxlkitty4
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Over on the maintenance thread. Come visit, even if you're not technically maintaining at the moment...

gettinmygrooveback
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I actually have a lot more trouble with antibiotic. Remember that your body uses fluids to flush infection and also that fluid builds up around injury/surgery sights as part of the healing process. I find that drinking even more water... very icy cold helps my body flush the excess faster. Also tea is a good diuretic. The shock to your body from the injury and (has Linden already had the surgery... ) are you scheduled for surgery and I missed it GROOVE? All these things will pass. I asked my doc about diet for my rotator cuff surgery back in August. The suggestion from him (my MD) was to go to P2 for the healing time about a week before and at least 2 weeks after. My weight was so up and down until about 4 weeks after surgery when my body began to let out a sigh of relief... Surgery is never easy and we need to give ourselves allowance for it to be uncomfortable. That is not an excuse for cheating. Sometimes the pills can cause nausea. An old Chinese (I'm Scotch Irish/German) gave me a surgical miracle drink after my hysterectomy. Make hot tea (have someone do this for you if you can - smile) and get an icy cold Diet Ginger Ale (hopefully with Splenda). Mix the two drinks half/half and sip. It settles the tummy beautifully and repeat as needed. It really worked for me and again helped me get through the agony of shoulder surgery. I hope it will help. Any normal black orange pekoe tea as in Lipton or Nestea works and even decaf is fine. :hug:

Thanks for the info!

GoodEatsandWine
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Where in Alaska?

In the heart of Alaska! Fairbanks :)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Back from a week on training and a long couple days at work... Nice to see and hear you all again.

Cat good luck on your surgery, please let us know when you go.

Have a great night all... off to have some veggie soup.

JellyMae87
02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
This thread has been dead for a few weeks... Hope everyone is doing well.

gettinmygrooveback
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Back from a week on training and a long couple days at work... Nice to see and hear you all again.

Cat good luck on your surgery, please let us know when you go.

Have a great night all... off to have some veggie soup.

Thanks Joanne...Glad you're back!

Yesterday I finally got my surgery scheduled for the 24th. The surgeon was actually trying to talk me out of it and wanting me to go through a series of lubricating injections on an as needed basis until I got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.....living my life with a brace! I stood firm with my continual replies of NO even as the tears were welling up in my eyes! I should only be down for a few days, possibly with one crutch for a day or so after that. Currently running through my physical therapy exercises EVERYDAY to keep my quads/hamstrings stretched and strong. That's going to be my saving grace for a prompt recovery.

My weight has been back and forth with a couple of pounds. The stress and lack of my normal mobility has me very down on myself. I haven't been overeating, but have had a few things off plan....not eating enough protein and veggies at times. I'm not proud of my lack of stength here. I just can't seem to place enough of an importance on food right now......and that's what this entire program is about.

Today's a new day......

Ishbel
02-14-2012, 11:04 AM

Yesterday I finally got my surgery scheduled for the 24th. The surgeon was actually trying to talk me out of it and wanting me to go through a series of lubricating injections on an as needed basis until I got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore.....living my life with a brace! I stood firm with my continual replies of NO even as the tears were welling up in my eyes! I should only be down for a few days, possibly with one crutch for a day or so after that. Currently running through my physical therapy exercises EVERYDAY to keep my quads/hamstrings stretched and strong. That's going to be my saving grace for a prompt recovery.

My weight has been back and forth with a couple of pounds. The stress and lack of my normal mobility has me very down on myself. I haven't been overeating, but have had a few things off plan....not eating enough protein and veggies at times. I'm not proud of my lack of stength here. I just can't seem to place enough of an importance on food right now......and that's what this entire program is about.

Today's a new day......

Awe Cat, that's a tough situation. :hug: Sometimes your strength is needed elsewhere. I'm sending you some of my extra energy today and whenever you need it....can you feel it?

:hug:

gettinmygrooveback
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Awe Cat, that's a tough situation. :hug: Sometimes your strength is needed elsewhere. I'm sending you some of my extra energy today and whenever you need it....can you feel it?

:hug:

Thank you Carla! Yes, I can feel it. It actually knocked me out of my chair this morning. You have no idea how much I needed that. :hug:

Determinedat47
02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
In the heart of Alaska! Fairbanks :)

You should have pretty good food options in Fairbanks- at least there was 10 years ago when I lived in Alaska seems like there was a Fred meyers there and a couple of other large grocery stores. Expensive, but available since it is on the road system. Maybe things there have changed.

patns
02-14-2012, 10:57 PM

Today's a new day......

This will be so good to get behind you. stay strong, this too will pass.

Pat

Determinedat47
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Today's a new day......

Are you having a total knee replacement done?

GoodEatsandWine
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
You should have pretty good food options in Fairbanks- at least there was 10 years ago when I lived in Alaska seems like there was a Fred meyers there and a couple of other large grocery stores. Expensive, but available since it is on the road system. Maybe things there have changed.

Thanks Determined! We have Fred Meyer, Safeway and Costco but because we are pretty isolated up here, they (the stores) typically order items that sell in large quantities and quickly so they don't sit on the shelves long. I understand why they do it but it leaves little choices for those of us that need or want specialty items so I find I have to order a lot of items online or wait until I travel some where to purchase it and carry it back with me. For example, I have yet to find kale up here so I haven't had the pleasure of having kale chips!!

gettinmygrooveback
02-15-2012, 02:52 PM
This will be so good to get behind you. stay strong, this too will pass.

Pat

Thanks...In my heart of hearts, I know this. I'm just a big wus when it comes to doctors, needles and hospitals. Just a little too overly anxious. I'm trying very hard but the 24th can't get here quick enough.

Are you having a total knee replacement done?

I'm having an arthroscopic synovectomy to clean out all the degenerative "garbage" that is homesteading in my knee. No tears...thank you God! An injury from almost 20 years ago seems to have accelerated the aging process. I have a great deal of inflammation and sporadic pain that is limiting my mobility. Down the road I may need a knee replacement, but this will give me a new "starting" point and allow me to maintain my active lifestyle.

ItsAboutTime
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Good morning ladies! I haven't bee around in a while. I did the detox last week and that was hard. It totally made phase 1 seem easy. I've been on track this week also and had a loss of 3.6lbs and 1.5 inches. Almost made it to the 60lb lost club!

I'm sorry I don't get around much but school is kicking my butt this semester. That and my kids being involved and my grandma keeps going downhill so my life it constant mess!

Hope everything is going well for all you!

maykatcooper
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks...In my heart of hearts, I know this. I'm just a big wus when it comes to doctors, needles and hospitals. Just a little too overly anxious. I'm trying very hard but the 24th can't get here quick enough.

I'm having an arthroscopic synovectomy to clean out all the degenerative "garbage" that is homesteading in my knee. No tears...thank you God! An injury from almost 20 years ago seems to have accelerated the aging process. I have a great deal of inflammation and sporadic pain that is limiting my mobility. Down the road I may need a knee replacement, but this will give me a new "starting" point and allow me to maintain my active lifestyle.

Cat I'm praying for you for a wonderfully successful surgery and a rapid and full recovery with NO complications. Rotator cuff surgery in August is now fully behind me. YAY! Good books and my computer were great time bandits (time passed quickly) during recovery and I stayed ahead of pain with the meds as often as allowed for the first 5 days. I can tell from the many posts on 3FC that many are thinking of you and praying for you. :hug:

gettinmygrooveback
02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Cat I'm praying for you for a wonderfully successful surgery and a rapid and full recovery with NO complications. Rotator cuff surgery in August is now fully behind me. YAY! Good books and my computer were great time bandits (time passed quickly) during recovery and I stayed ahead of pain with the meds as often as allowed for the first 5 days. I can tell from the many posts on 3FC that many are thinking of you and praying for you. :hug:

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your kind words and for sharing your experience. I look forward to this being behind me as well....I just have to get there! I have lots of living to do.....:D

gettinmygrooveback
02-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Happy Lundi Gras! The last king cake (that I will see) of the Carnival season is sitting in the office kitchen and I'm happy to say this one doesn't even look yummy!

Weight is stable despite my days of Phase 1. I've been using alternatives rather than my expensive IP packets. Surgery is scheduled for Friday. I hope once I get off these drugs and become more active that my scale once again moves downward. I can't worry about that right now......I just watch what goes in my mouth.

Have a good day all..... :)

Determinedat47
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Happy Lundi Gras! The last king cake (that I will see) of the Carnival season is sitting in the office kitchen and I'm happy to say this one doesn't even look yummy!

Weight is stable despite my days of Phase 1. I've been using alternatives rather than my expensive IP packets. Surgery is scheduled for Friday. I hope once I get off these drugs and become more active that my scale once again moves downward. I can't worry about that right now......I just watch what goes in my mouth.

Have a good day all..... :)

Hope all goes well for you Friday- my husband is having a total knee replacement right now, as I type this. He will have to have his other one done this year as well so hoping his recovery is smoothe sailing as he has been prolonging this for a couple years- he is only 51 but has RA. Pray for his recovery and my patience!

gettinmygrooveback
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Hope all goes well for you Friday- my husband is having a total knee replacement right now, as I type this. He will have to have his other one done this year as well so hoping his recovery is smoothe sailing as he has been prolonging this for a couple years- he is only 51 but has RA. Pray for his recovery and my patience!

Thank you...... :hug: Gratefully, my surgery is not quite as evasive as a knee replacement. I’m 51 as well with that infamous degenerative situation. Praying my surgery, weight loss and a proactive rehabilitation/maintenance lifestyle allows me to keep my knee for the rest of my life.

My older sister just had BOTH her knees replaced at the same time on 1-3 of this year. They had her up and walking that afternoon. She has done remarkably well with rehab but in our last conversation she is now coming to terms with the fact that her rehab will take longer than she originally expected. Bear in mind that she has been overweight the majority of her life (even after gastric bypass 6 years ago) and has never incorporated regular exercise into her life.

Wishing your husband the best. I truly believe the success of physical therapy and rehabilitation depends on how quickly you want your life back! Wishing you the best with finding your patience. I can only image how difficult it is for the caregiver. Positive thoughts and energy goes out to you today and for the days to come. Keep reminding yourself (as well as your darlin’ husband) how much you want your life back. :) :hug:

Pxlkitty4
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
bump

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
02-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Thinking of you Cat, I hope your surgery went well. It will be nice to be able to do what you want again.

Winter has arrived again in Edmonton, at least 10 inches of snow, then the wind blows and drifts I had a big 3 foot drift in my backyard so while throwing the flying squarrel for Rebel I shoveled and pushed snow around so at least she can get out the doggie door when she needs to. She hasn't been real happy today as no long walk but we did get to shovel the driveway twice so far, going for a third before I go to bed... too bad I couldn't tie a shovel to her somehow to get her to help, but throwing the squarrel for her helps keep her busy so she isn't barking at every row of snow off my driveway... was suppose to go in for overtime today but the guy working called me and said not to as the roads are crappy and he is stuck in the parking lot. So Red and I shovelled watched tv and laundry... tomorrow may venture out as I have no veggies at all... tonight for supper am making a pumpkin eggplant curry... last of my veg... knew I should have stopped on the way home from babysitting but it was after 10 past my bedtime.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, and envy you that can wear shorts and sandals right now.
Diet wise trying to do phase 2/ phase 4 will see if the scale stayed down on Monday if back up will have to work harder.

JellyMae87
02-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Hope everyone's doing well... I am still on the bandwagon... Nothing has really changed for me other than I'm doing Derby again... I was definitely glad to be back on the track... It's way different this time around. I'm another 60lbs lighter this go around...

patns
02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Hope everyone's doing well... I am still on the bandwagon... Nothing has really changed for me other than I'm doing Derby again... I was definitely glad to be back on the track... It's way different this time around. I'm another 60lbs lighter this go around...

Good for you!! I think you have the most exciting exercise plan. You go girl!

Pat

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Jelly you are definately going to make the team this time around... I think that is so awesome what you are doing. I am living through you have always wanted to roller derby since watching it on tv growing up. What position are you learning or are you learning all of them?

gettinmygrooveback
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes. Sorry to not be answering the individual PM's.....still on pain medication and thought it best to give my update in one place. :) Surgery went very well, everything has been cleaned and buffed up. I've got numerous photos that tell the tale. Although my condition is degenerative, he said I was a prime candidate for a new procedure to actually make a mold of my cartilage rather than possibly have my knee replaced in the (hopefully) distant future. I now have a new starting point so I can continue my active lifestyle/journey. My older sister (who just had both her knees replaced just under two months ago) came and stayed with me. She's a critical care nurse so needless to say I've been in good hands between her, my son, my younger sister and my brother. I feel very blessed to have them in my life.

Appetite has been non-existent....but I sure have been craving some ice cream. Lucky for me, no one obligued my jovial requests. They knew I really
didn't want it that bad. Been drinking my protein and eating veggies just once per day.....tomorrow I plan on getting back on track with twofers as I hope to be able to back off the pain meds. We shall see....

I hope everyone is doing well. Hoping to catch up on my reading tomorrow. Thank goodness for my iPad otherwise I wouldn't of looked at a computer for the past 3 days.

Toddles .....CAT

P.S. Y'all have no idea how long it took me to write this and just how many corrections I had to make.....good drugs!:D

patns
02-27-2012, 12:33 AM
So glad you are over the rough part Cat. It soulds like the procedure was a very good step in the right direction for future knee health.
So put your feet up and enjoy all the help from family.
Just think how much better for recovery it is to be down 50 pounds.

Pat

gettinmygrooveback
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
So glad you are over the rough part Cat. It soulds like the procedure was a very good step in the right direction for future knee health.
So put your feet up and enjoy all the help from family.
Just think how much better for recovery it is to be down 50 pounds.

Pat

Thanks Pat.....you are so correct about the 50 pounds. I can't even image how difficult things would be right now.

Resting today...tried to work and that was a big joke! Swelling has gone way down and I can actually bend my knee at a 90 degree angle. So happy! Already spoke to my physical therapist and will be seeing her as soon as my surgeon releases me on Wednesday!

Now...to get off these anti-inflammatory drugs so these pounds can finish dropping off me.

Have a good evening all!

matolmama
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
bump

gettinmygrooveback
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Well I see I haven't been the only one missing in action. We are all our peeps?

10 days post surgery and I'm slowly coming back around. Back at work with a much clearer head. I spent most of last week with brain fog and nausea thanks to the narcotics I was taking. I officially start physical therapy tomorrow and praying I don't have to rely on more pain medication.

Yesterday was the first day since my surgery that I actually made sure I was 100% OP. The only thing I had off plan was canned soup several times but I wasn't getting in all my veggies and wasn't keep track of my protein consumption....I just wasn't hungry. I started to get on the scale this morning but after looking at my swollen leg, I decided I really didn't want to know what the number was....today. My clothes are fitting just fine...thank you!

I sure hope everyone is doing well!

JellyMae87
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Jelly you are definately going to make the team this time around... I think that is so awesome what you are doing. I am living through you have always wanted to roller derby since watching it on tv growing up. What position are you learning or are you learning all of them?

So Right now we are focusing on learning all the skills... So when I did this "bootcamp" a few months ago. I was 60lbs heavier. It was actually kinda funny. because the coach didnt even reconize me... But I do notice that some things are a whole lot easrier this time around... Which is nice, But I am still always super sore. but I am starting to definetly get some leg defination. which in time will look awesome once I get to goal!! I am gonna have to start thinking of a "derby" name... So if you see or think of anything creative. Let me know :)

My losses have definetly slowed down alot. I was wondering if it was because I have switched to mostly alternatves... so I am back on the IP products to see if that will make a difference. I was hoping that I would have been phasing off by now, but with my unexpected medical issues back in December/January. I guess this was to be expected... but all my meds are straitened out. and Ive been losing... so I guess we will see...

I also have been getting most of my clothes. at value village... I can fit into alot of size Large, and just recently bought a size 12 pair of jeans at K-Mart for 5.99...

JellyMae87
03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I am not sure why this thread died out so badly... Is anyone even out there?? LOL

patns
03-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Thanks for bumping this up Jelly. It is the one I need at the stage I am at. I'll get back to post tomorrow.

Pat

Determinedat47
12-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Where are the people who used to post here regularly???? Ishbel and pat are still around but wish pxylkitty, itsabouttime, getting my groove back, jellymae and linden from Germany would pop in. They were such regulars- hope they are successful or at least doing well........ Any of you lurking?

patns
12-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't know if linden is still living in Germany, she wasn't able to get IP type things easily when she last posted. That was quite a while ago, I often wonder how she is doing.
I also wondered often about Itsabouttime, she was so active here and was doing so well then she suddenly stopped posting too.
I do see jellymae once in awhile on FB. She is still doing well and is still very involved in Roller Derby.
Pat