Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core Weekly Chat: Jan 16-22

New Pages!!!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

If you copy and paste below into your browser, you'll find a report on our article. If that doesn't work, put Denton Record Chronicle into browser.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedconten...3dffaaea0.html

The trip to see my brother was more pleasant than before. He has been in this facility for about 8 months and he looks better. No doubt that's the effect of better nutrition, drugs and getting the diabetes under control. He also appears to have made a friend there so he has someone to talk to. He has Alzheimer's and that's obvious but he is still sociable.

I'm off to the trainer later and then my niece and I will take a walk in the nearby woods, if it doesn't rain.

Vickie, I hope you're out of the snow! I guess if you can get out, it's better today.

Pam, that wasn't my day of food, but a recommendation from the book. I don't eat cold cereals usually. I eat oatmeal usually. One day I had 2 oz of deli low salt turkey on toast for breakfast and I wasn't hungry for three hours.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

Vickie, that box won't get you again. Today's Monday. Enjoy being back on plan. That's what I'm gonna do, too.

Rhonda, I'm glad your brother is doing better. Enjoy your walk in the woods.

I am readying to roast some cauliflower/broccoli to go along with roasted chicken breasts for lunch. I'm enjoying a laid back day. (every minute of it) It's good to just stay home.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #4  
focused and aiming

Vickie, that box won't get you again. Today's Monday. Enjoy being back on plan. That's what I'm gonna do, too.

Rhonda, I'm glad your brother is doing better. Enjoy your walk in the woods.

I am readying to roast some cauliflower/broccoli to go along with roasted chicken breasts for lunch. I'm enjoying a laid back day. (every minute of it) It's good to just stay home.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just had a brunch type of meal as I woke up 1/2 early than my podiatrist appointment at 10. When I got there the receptionist told me my appointment i for Tues not Mon the 16th.I went home thinking I must be going out of my mind not remembering my doctors appointment. Well I got home and saw the appointment was TODAY.Will bring the card with me tomorrow to prove to them they were wrong.

This afternoon I'm heading for Walmart to pick up Metamucil and some other products.

RHONDA Thanks for the pages,So sorry to hear about your brother. Hope that he stays in the socializing mode ,and not regresses further prayer on on there way.

SANDRA Enjoy your lunch sounds yummy. Monday are also my lazy day as like the song Rainy Days and Monday get me Down. I'm not really down but I use Mondays as clean out the closet days or other projects that I put off.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Maryann, guess the doctor's office made a mistake. Hang in there, girl!

I have the Almond Joy pudding in the fridge. It has to cool at least an hour. I can almost taste it already. Chocolate!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #7  

quiet here today...

I had a great walk with my niece...out in a wetlands area in the north part of the city...

I've kept my calories to 1500 today and I am hungry. I probably exercised a few hundred of them off and should eat a bit more.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a 10 AM appointment with the foot doctor. I gave the receptionist the appointment card and she told me that she sorry for making me come out to them. The doctor decided to take a 3 day weekend and the receptionist forgot to rescheduled my appointment. All is forgiven, and I have another appointment for April.

The weather up here is mild again,so I might take a walk along my street,as I have to start exercising. I went on my bike for 20 mins,so that's a start.

SANDRA-When I went in today they were so apologetic,this was the second time this has happened to me but withy other doctor. She told me that that must of forgot to rescheduled my appointment. People make mistakes and all is forgiven.

RHONDA-You're up to 1500 calories,I thinking maybe my up-down-up on the scale is due to eating low calories like 1045-1050,thinking I'm going to up my calories today and see what happens. Like the Old Wendy Plan with points.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #9  

Maryann, much of what I have read has said that 1200 is really the healthy minimum.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #10  

We went out for hamburgers today at 5 Guys. I got the smallest one and can live with that indulgence. I had heard how wonderful the burgers are, but I thought they were just so-so. One good thing is that they say there are no trans fats and no additives.

I also saw the podiatrist today to see if he could help with the hip problem as well as some foot pain. He told me that the right big toe joint has been injured some time in my life and will likely need surgery eventually. There isn't good range of motion and it clicks when moved. It gives me a lot of pain from time to time. To make the story short, he sold me some inserts that he thinks will help the foot and hip. I am to wear them for 3 months and see what happens.

I'm having salad for dinner, and DH is eating cereal. No cooking for me tonight!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

I subbed 4th Grade today and came home exhausted. I think I'm too old for their energy. Curtis and I went out for Mexican afterwards. I start over tomorrow.

Maryann, I'm glad all went well at the doctor's. You're right. Everyone's human.

Rhonda, we had light lunches today. Maybe that'll help with our indulgence for dinner. (Who am I trying to kid?)
Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #12  

Sorry I have been MIA this week.

My aunt had emergency hip surgery Sat pm to repair 2 broken hips. She is so frail they think she broke them without an actual fall.. After the surgery she was unable to breath on her own so the had to put her on a ventilator, then Sunday her Blood pressure was too low and they had to maintain it with medicines.
Finally yesterday she stabilized and today she got off the ventilator.

She still has a long ways to go but we feel a lot better about things than
Sat & Sunday . I have been at the hospital a lot to help my cousin get some breaks. I asked so many ventilator questions that the Dr asked if I was a nurse.
I told him unfortunately I learned a lot during my husband's illness.

Starting to eat healthy.

Take care everyone ...more to each later !!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #13  

good evening chicks.

Sandra, I know what you mean about keeping up with the young ones. I guess that is why we can't have kids at our age. Mexican sounds good.

Rhonda, I LOVE 5 Guys. It's a splurge to go there, so I get the double patty and love those fries. Hope the inserts fix your problem.

Nancy, sorry about your aunt. Glad she is off the ventilator. I'm glad you asked questions. Most won't or don't. I'm like that too. Like to be informed.

Maryann, yes, we all make mistakes. You probably should walk outside while you can. Once the snow starts, you will be stuck inside.

We have been walking every day. Most days twice. We are maintaining.

Been bothered today with angina. Had to take the nitro 3 times. Twice in the morning, and once early evening. I see cardio dr. in Feb. Been a little short of breath lately too. I am pretty in tune with my body. The angina is artery spasms. Not sure about the shortness of breath. Will be 2 yrs since my last stress and angiogram in June. Not sure what this new dr. will want to do. Maybe wait until I see my regular cardio dr. in KY in June.

Time to go watch the Biggest Loser.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

FYI

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. .... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 . It is the National DO ......NOT C ALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON (Copy and paste) I just did this and it took less than a minute.

Still low carbing it. Lost 4 pounds so far. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 01-18-2012 at 07:23 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #15  

Sloanie, thanks for the information and good going on the weight loss.

Pam, the small single patty 5 Guys burger has 480 calories, half from fat. The small fries have 310 calories, almost half from fat. Tasty, for sure!

Nancy, sorry about your aunt's health. It is often true that the bone breaks and then you fall. So, the break causes the fall, not vice versa. Poor thing. She's lucky to have you there to ask questions!

I'm home most of today, preparing for the GKs who are spending the night with us on Friday.