Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/16/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/16/12

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Well I guess I'll be the first to post (can't go to sleep here on the west coast).

Sunday was a challenge for me because I was so darn hungry all day! My stomach was even growling an hour after a 7oz steak and mashed cauliflower. I actually felt hungry when I ate my evening snack tonight. I'm hoping tomorrow morning is "back to normal" with my internal hunger clock. :)

Have a great day!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi all! Hope you're all having a good morning :)

JoLoMN
01-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Lisa AKA Cougar, loved the story you posted last night! You made my morning.

Thanks for starting the daily thread.

Got a date with Jillian, so she can kick my butt. Or in my experience of level two, work my shoulders in ways they have never seen.

Have a great day all!

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 07:31 AM
good morning! I'm starting day 3 today and feeling great this morning, hope the rest of the day goes as well.

mamacitaof2
01-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Yesterday was a tough day for me too. I wasn't necessarily hungry, but had an overwhelming urge to snack. I wanted to each chips and do SO BAD. I held off, thank goodness! But it was tough for a while. As I think about it, that would've been a good time to weigh myself...to help keep me mentally on track.

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck with all the weigh ins!

JoLoMN
01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
good morning! I'm starting day 3 today and feeling great this morning, hope the rest of the day goes as well.

Good for you Fawn, each day you begin with positive thoughts will likely go better than the tough days. You are putting yourself first, and you are worth it! You got this!

Jo

christyr
01-16-2012, 07:48 AM
First weigh in yesterday, down 5 pounds in two weeks. I was happy with that. Have a great day.

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
First weigh in yesterday, down 5 pounds in two weeks. I was happy with that. Have a great day.

great job!

JoLoMN
01-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Yesterday was a tough day for me too. I wasn't necessarily hungry, but had an overwhelming urge to snack. I wanted to each chips and do SO BAD. I held off, thank goodness! But it was tough for a while. As I think about it, that would've been a good time to weigh myself...to help keep me mentally on track.

Hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck with all the weigh ins!

WTG for remaining strong! My friends and I actually wrote down strategies for our struggling days and carried the list with us in our purses. Sometimes in that moment of struggle it's hard to recall good strategies or jump on the forum for support. We also wrote down that if all other strategies failed, we would have another protein packet before anything off plan. We are both pretty cheap, so at the price of IP products, we didn't do that often, but its certainly better than going off plan. The list was comforting like my friend was right there in my head talking me off the ledge.

Again, WTG, hope you find strategies that work for you. :hug:

Jo

JoLoMN
01-16-2012, 07:54 AM

Awesome WI,:carrot:

NavyMommy
01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Down another 3.4lbs today :D I am now officially less than I was when I stopped the program back in October. That amazes me. I have to admit I like weighing in on Monday mornings, it gives me something to look forward to all weekend.

WTG!!!! :carrot::carrot:

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
*drum roll* DOWN 4.5 LBS! So surprised!
Wooo Hooo!

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Down another 3.4lbs today :D I am now officially less than I was when I stopped the program back in October. That amazes me. I have to admit I like weighing in on Monday mornings, it gives me something to look forward to all weekend.

Woo Hoo Go youuuuu! :carrot::carrot::D:D

mamacitaof2
01-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Great weigh in's this morning! I don't weigh in until Friday, but I did cheat and weigh myself this morning. I also bought a new scale. The one at home only tells me my weight and that my BMI is over 29. DUH! I already know that! My new scale gives me weight, BMI and water weight.

Thanks for the advise JoLo. I will have to do that as well! I did have 1/4 of a bar to ease my wants. It seemed to help. I also made sure my bedtime snack was a sweet one to satisfy any other cravings. I belive my TOM is approaching, which would explain my overwhelming desire to snack.

NavyMommy
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Miranda - WTG!!! That's awesome :) See, it was worth it wasn't it?

Lisa - Just caught up on last night's thread. I love that story!! I figured you were in your 40'sish because of your two boys you talk about, but you don't look it at all!

JoLoMN
01-16-2012, 08:14 AM
WTG Navy & Miranda! :hug: :hug:

NavyMommy
01-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Great weigh in's this morning! I don't weigh in until Friday, but I did cheat and weigh myself this morning. I also bought a new scale. The one at home only tells me my weight and that my BMI is over 29. DUH! I already know that! My new scale gives me weight, BMI and water weight.

I have to admit I love my new scale. It was a pricier one, but I figured if I was doing all my weighing myself I needed one that I knew was accurate. Plus, I love the water weight feature because I can tell some mornings I'm retaining water and it makes me feel better. Does yours do body fat as well?

Also when I get the craving for something sweet I keep a baggie of chocolate soy puffs in the freezer and will have 2-4 of them. It's just enough to take the edge off and I figure just that few can't affect me really. I've had the same baggie since I put it in there maybe 3 or 4 days into the program. It really takes the edge off and gives me something to crunch.

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 08:16 AM

Lisa - Just caught up on last night's thread. I love that story!! I figured you were in your 40'sish because of your two boys you talk about, but you don't look it at all!

WTG Navy & Miranda! :hug: :hug:

Thank you both sooo much! Pleasant pleasant surprise :) :carrot:

lboogs311
01-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Good morning! Great job on the wi's! I had my second WI today since restarting and I am down another 4lbs! Yay! I'm feeling good and hoping I can get below where I left off by the end of the month. It was challenging this weekend, I prefer the work week b/c it's more regimented for me. I also went out for a girls wine night and stuck with water and coffee and ate dinner before hand-went great and my friends were so supportive! Hope you all have a great week!!!

Ducksmy
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Looking forward to starting the program. Gonna meet with my coach Wednesday. Nervous!

lboogs311
01-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Ducksmy, it's ok to be nervous! Trust me, the program works. Nothing worked for me with my Pcos until I started IP. Believe in yourself and follow the program and you will do wonderful! Good luck!

MustangMolly
01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't know what it was this weekend but I was starving all the time! This is the first time this has happened to me. It seemed like after I ate I was even more hungry. I am so glad to have the weekend behind me. Good luck to everyone this week.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Today is my first day on the diet. I have to admit, I'm starving, but I'm also not going to cheat. NOT GOING TO CHEAT. Only 2 hours until lunch....lol! I get up at 5 a.m. Not a big breakfast eater, but putting something in my stomach this morning made me want MORE!

rissimo
01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
*drum roll* DOWN 4.5 LBS! So surprised!
Wooo Hooo!

Congrats Miranda!!!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Today is my first day on the diet. I have to admit, I'm starving, but I'm also not going to cheat. NOT GOING TO CHEAT. Only 2 hours until lunch....lol! I get up at 5 a.m. Not a big breakfast eater, but putting something in my stomach this morning made me want MORE!

Have you tried drinking a big glass of water? Eating a salad? Some egg whites? I usually "eat" my shake, then I eat 1 cup of my veggies for the day along with lots of water in the morning :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats Miranda!!!!!

Thank you so much! :D :carrot:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I woke up with a horrible headache this morning . . . actually, I went to sleep with it. I've tried the salt trick and am eating my breakfast right now. Before I started drinking and eating, I had my first weigh in.

I lost 10.6 pounds!!!! :'D
I need to redo my measurements, but I've lost at least 4 inches (:

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Have you tried drinking a big glass of water? Eating a salad? Some egg whites? I usually "eat" my shake, then I eat 1 cup of my veggies for the day along with lots of water in the morning :)

I've chugged 3 BIG glasses of water already. I just got myself a cup of hot coffee, it's helping. :) I keep forgetting lettuce is a freebie, I need to go grab a chunk. :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I've chugged 3 BIG glasses of water already. I just got myself a cup of hot coffee, it's helping. :) I keep forgetting lettuce is a freebie, I need to go grab a chunk. :)

Yep yep! Some days are just "hungrier" than ever for me anyway lol. Boiled egg whites help me a LOT.

lisak21629
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Today is day 4 and so far so good, but I am having a really hard time trying to get this chocolate RTD shake down this morning. Any way to "doctor" it up? I cant wait for Thursday when I go back so I can pick something else.. I only have just enough food to get me through till Thursday so I can substitute the Drinks for egg whites in the morning?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Lisa, see if you can buy some Sugar Free Torani Syrup!

Paint Lady
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM
In my experience, hunger cycles. I would go 3 weeks with no hunger, having to remind myself that it was time to eat something. Then, I would have 1 week where I felt like I was starving! I would eat dinner, 8 oz of meat, veggies, salad, etc. and within 10 minutes, my stomach would be growling. That hunger would last for a few days and then I would return to not being hungry. I never cheated, so I know it wasn't that ketosis was compromised. However, in those hungry weeks, I saw some of my biggest losses on the diet. Seeing a big loss made it a little easier to deal with. Just make sure you eat all that you are allowed. I also would drink 16 extra oz of water and a cup of coffee right after and that would put hunger in check for a while. Yes, it's possible to be bloated and hungry at the same time, lol!

lisak21629
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Lisa, see if you can buy some Sugar Free Torani Syrup!

Thank you I will definitely look for that.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Yep yep! Some days are just "hungrier" than ever for me anyway lol. Boiled egg whites help me a LOT.

Don't the egg whites count as our protein? I don't want to eat them NOW and then not have dinner with my family. I'll never make it if they eat meat and I can't have any! ;)

New Englander
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Happy Monday! I had a dark chocolate pudding "shake" for my snack last night and it seemed to keep the hunger pains at bay...guess I'll be ordering more of them next time! :) I just added to much water 14 oz. and "watered" it down to much...I could smell the chocolate but the taste had disappeared... :(

TFBeller
01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I am on day 13. I went to a Mardi Gras ball Saturday night planning on having 2 glasses of wine (I know, not the right attitude). Well I had more and I ate a chicken salad sandwich and 2 1/2 egg rolls!! I'm so disgusted with myself. First cheat, DO NOT plan in it again. Wasn't worth it. No longer in ketosis. I guess it's like I'm starting over? On 4th day I'll be back in ketosis?? Lesson learned. I was doing so good. :(

DanafromAustin
01-16-2012, 11:02 AM

Great WI :carrot:

Have a good Monday everyone!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend. I went to a child's birthday party and a football party yesterday and managed to get through the birthday party with a slice of cucumber and I avoided all of the pizza at the football party by bringing my own lunch, dinner & veggies. I am perfect--not. Champagne and kids at both events and I caved in to the champagne during football. Overnight, I definitely felt sick from it (and the fact that I was overfull from not eating at my regular intervals), so I didn't sleep too well. But, today is a new day, I am going to drink tons of water to flush my system out. My WI is tomorrow and it is supposed to sleet here, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a break in the weather by the time I have to go.
My DaVinci peanut butter syrup, miracle noodles/rice and WF marinara come today and I am sooooooo excited! I can't wait to try the syrups that you all have been talking about. I am going to add a little to the chocolate drink brownies tonight and see if it is as heavenly as I am imagining it to be. I am also excited to try the marinara sauce, as I have figured out that zucchini makes an excellent substitution for pasta and I was really satisfied with my "spaghetti" and mini meatballs last week. I've also started making my broccoli and cheese soup into bread, using FinnSteve's recipe and a sandwich maker, which is basically a waffle iron, but makes 4 little triangles of "bread." I put a little mustard on it and a slice of lo-cal ham and it is really similar to a ham and cheese sandwich! Oh, and the WF chipotle ranch is coming today, which I can't wait to try, as so many people here have raved about it.
Good luck today!

DanafromAustin
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I am on day 13. I went to a Mardi Gras ball Saturday night planning on having 2 glasses of wine (I know, not the right attitude). Well I had more and I ate a chicken salad sandwich and 2 1/2 egg rolls!! I'm so disgusted with myself. First cheat, DO NOT plan in it again. Wasn't worth it. No longer in ketosis. I guess it's like I'm starting over? On 4th day I'll be back in ketosis?? Lesson learned. I was doing so good. :(

The problem is if you go somewhere planning on having a cheat (wine in this case), as you found out it all goes down hill from there. This really is a no cheat diet for a reason, but yes you will get back into ketosis again eventually. Today is a new day, be good to yourself.

rissimo
01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't the egg whites count as our protein? I don't want to eat them NOW and then not have dinner with my family. I'll never make it if they eat meat and I can't have any! ;)

Egg whites do not count towards our protein, 2-3 whole eggs count as the protein.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Egg whites do not count towards our protein, 2-3 whole eggs count as the protein.

So do they count as a restricted? Non restricted? I saw that eggs were on the list for acceptable protein, but I guess I didn't understand it as well as I thought I did!

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4173975]Down another 3.4lbs today :D I am now officially less than I was when I stopped the program back in October. That amazes me. I have to admit I like weighing in on Monday mornings, it gives me something to look forward to all weekend.

Yeah! :carrot::carrot: Happy Monday!

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
:carrot:I woke up with a horrible headache this morning . . . actually, I went to sleep with it. I've tried the salt trick and am eating my breakfast right now. Before I started drinking and eating, I had my first weigh in.

:carrot::carrot: THAT'S AWESOME!! :carrot::carrot:

Keep it up! You're doing great! I've been following your posts and you're really doing great!

Linden
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM

That's what I call a GREAT first week!

uolecrab
01-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello All,
Can anyone tell me if they have used Healthsmart Carb Thin. I found it on Netrition and it is 0 carbs 0 sugar and 24 Protein. It is a baking mix for pancakes etc.

Thanks

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

My coach said 2 egg whites are allowed in addition to protein. Very helpful when you're just hungry and lettuce won't cut it. I hard boil some and eat with s&p.

MustangMolly
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
It seems to me like there have been quite a few changes even since I started the program. Are there new phase sheets out? and if so, can anyone who has them share them on here for us?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys :D I thought I was going to only lose about 3lbs!

My headache this morning, however, might not be connected to ketosis. I have a fever of 101.2 ): My mom is trying to make me quit the diet.

lindac36
01-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Good Morning Everyone! Hope all had a great weekend. I am off to visit my nephew who is here en route to go back to college. Going to send a care package that includes all the food stuffs I can't eat right now but I will be able to later (I learned that from all of you-it really helps to think that way!) Have a magnificent OP IP day! Check in again later.

Linden
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM

My headache this morning, however, might not be connected to ketosis. I have a fever of 101.2 ): My mom is trying to make me quit the diet.

Vitamin C and, since you don't get out much, D, 4000 iu, would probably be better than stopping. Besides, you'd go out of ketosis.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I made it to lunch...woot woot! My salad was WONDERFUL. I didn't know vinegar and oil tasted so good on salad. I'll never eat anything else! Also choked down a soy patty. Wow, I'm going to have to figure out something for those since I have a whole box of them. Ew. At least I'm full!!!

nikkib
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Ducksmy, it's ok to be nervous! Trust me, the program works. Nothing worked for me with my Pcos until I started IP. Believe in yourself and follow the program and you will do wonderful! Good luck!

I know! I have PCOS also and it is amazing how great this works! I went off without phasing out in late Sept last year and it was miserable. I feel so much better now that I am back. I already feel like a new woman in that dpt haha :)

Ducksmy
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have a phase 1 grocery list?

Ducksmy
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
lboogs311,
Thanks for your encouraging words! I really appreaciate it. What is Pcos?

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
lboogs311,
Thanks for your encouraging words! I really appreaciate it. What is Pcos?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (or disease). It's a hormonal imbalance that really screws with the metabolic functions of your body. It makes it really, really hard for us to lose weight!

ShellyT
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I have to admit I love my new scale. It was a pricier one, but I figured if I was doing all my weighing myself I needed one that I knew was accurate. Plus, I love the water weight feature because I can tell some mornings I'm retaining water and it makes me feel better. Does yours do body fat as well?

Also when I get the craving for something sweet I keep a baggie of chocolate soy puffs in the freezer and will have 2-4 of them. It's just enough to take the edge off and I figure just that few can't affect me really. I've had the same baggie since I put it in there maybe 3 or 4 days into the program. It really takes the edge off and gives me something to crunch.
How much was the scale with all of that? Where did you buy it?

CysterLeanne
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I am so glad there are more of us that have PCOS on this plan!!! Gives me so much hope!!! For those of you that have PCOS how many of you are on metformin (either for type 2 or just for PCOS)? I am on 2000mg right now JUST for PCOS and wondering if you are on it how it's effecting you? Thanks

mompattie
01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Have a great week everyone! Weekends are brutal - kids watching movies and having popcorn, birthday parties, playing in the snow and having cookies and milk afterwards, etc, etc. ....these are some of my weekend struggles, but I've been spot on program for a week....

WK 1 WI results: -10.8! Lemme hear a WHOOP! LOL!

Have a great day, stay strong, drink your water...and DON'T CHEAT! To those getting going on week one, hang in there, week 2 is JUST around the corner!

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Have a great week everyone! Weekends are brutal - kids watching movies and having popcorn, birthday parties, playing in the snow and having cookies and milk afterwards, etc, etc. ....these are some of my weekend struggles, but I've been spot on program for a week....

Have a great day, stay strong, drink your water...and DON'T CHEAT! To those getting going on week one, hang in there, week 2 is JUST around the corner!

Whoop! :carrot:

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I am so glad there are more of us that have PCOS on this plan!!! Gives me so much hope!!! For those of you that have PCOS how many of you are on metformin (either for type 2 or just for PCOS)? I am on 2000mg right now JUST for PCOS and wondering if you are on it how it's effecting you? Thanks

I'm on Metformin, same dose as you, for PCOS. I still disagree that I need to be on it, half the time it makes me feel strange....dizzy and almost sick. I actually have an appointment today, so we'll see what she says about the diet.

My mother in law is diabetic, and she just started maintenance right around Thanksgiving. She's really the one that motivated me to look into it more, she did awesome. She is off ALL of her insulin and is now taking only Metformin. She was on insulin shots for over 20 years! We're so proud of her.

lisak21629
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM

That is amazing! congrats! :carrot:

EmilySebetka
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Arg... I have been wanting to snack, and I'm constantly hungry. Its a classic PMS symptom for me, so I think that lovely little pain in the buttocks is approaching. I don't think I've lost any weight this week, and I'm not looking forward to my next WI for that reason. I have not cheated, but... This diet isn't working for me like it does for everyone else. I'm very discouraged.

stmpspaz
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I keep seeing that some of you eat "boiled egg whites". Wondering - do you hard boil the egg and then just get rid of the yolk or are you doing something else.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Arg... I have been wanting to snack, and I'm constantly hungry. Its a classic PMS symptom for me, so I think that lovely little pain in the buttocks is approaching. I don't think I've lost any weight this week, and I'm not looking forward to my next WI for that reason. I have not cheated, but... This diet isn't working for me like it does for everyone else. I'm very discouraged.

It's not easy. If it were easy, we'd all be skinny and never have to diet! YOU CAN DO IT. Wait until your PMS symptoms are gone and over with before you decide if it's working! (And please be here to tell me this next week when my weight loss isn't what I expect!)

This is my first day. I've been lurking a lot, so I know that when it's that time, it gets harder. But...it will pass. I actually started today and told my husband when he was home over lunch that it just wasn't fair I had to do both at the same time!

mtnsun4
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Stick with it!

I keep telling myself to stick with it- these feelings will subside.

My husband is supportive of me, as well as my choice to do IP. However, his food choices are still not very good. Example- went to see a horse show yesterday and he and my daughter brought back a snack of soft pretzels and cheese- one of my old favorites. I did not cheat, nor did I take even a small bite.

Are others challenged by others in your household's food choices? I am finding that at times, it has been fine, other times very hard and I end up being :devil:!

4kiddos
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM

Ok, I read this and I really don't want to sound gruff (so apologies ahead of time if I do). This is an individual diet that works differently for every person. I am not going to feel the same, look the same, lose the same as anyone else because it is how my body processes the diet. My first two weeks I lost 4.5 lbs then after that consistently less, however in 5 weeks I have lost 15 lbs which is what they say is "average". I have lost a ton of inches and feel awesome. I have went down two sizes and I can see a huge difference. This is how I know it is working. I understand you are discouraged but how discouraged would you be if you weren't on the diet, eating very badly and still gaining? Take the time to invest in the program. It will work. I know people throw big numbers out there but that doesn't mean they are doing anything better or that your are doing anything wrong. Just a difference in our how bodies work. I encourage you to stay off the scale (except for WI), stick to the plan (no cheating) and you will see results. Don't compare yourself to anyone else! You are doing this for you and your are worth it! :hug:

Lakewood
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM

When you say it isn't working for you like everyone else - can you give us some stats to go by? How long have you been on IP? Maybe a sample menu? We are here to help.

TOM is difficult. I lost 1 pound the last 2 weeks and THIS week is TOM and I didn't drop a pound. DO NOT give up. I am upping my water this week (I did not think that was possible!) not having any restrictives and making sure I take all supps. I find when I take my supps, the losses are bigger.

4kiddos
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
WI day. Down another 3 lbs~ 15 lbs in 5 weeks. I am very happy with my results. 2 pant sizes gone. Yahoo! AND I am no longer obese I am now "overfat" LOL! I read that after my WI and had a huge laugh outburst. I have also had so many people in the last several days telling me "you look so skinny!" Ahhhh, music to my ears. Helps hearing those things when I am a hormonal crazy person right now. Seriously wanting to "snack" but not hungry. I have worked through it but DARN YOU HORMONES! Congrats to all the WI and NSV for the day! Keep up the good work. It works if you work it!

alaskastarr
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM

:eek: I don't think you should quit the protocol, but I do think you should listen to you body. If you have a fever you should get more fluids and definitely get more rest. You'll get dehydrated easily if you don't watch it and that is a :nono: If you feel like you need to stop this though it's alright...we're here and you can always return when you feel better.

Just so you know...I started this when I wasn't feeling 100%. I am still losing weight and I haven't gotten worse. Hopefully with rest you'll get better soon. :hug:

alaskastarr
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM

:cheer2: Yay YOU!! WTG!!! Gotta love those losses!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm definitely not quitting!

My mom is just worried about me, that's all. She's doubted this diet from the start and me being sick just gave her reason to try and make me quit. I'm determined to lose this weight, though!

alaskastarr
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely not quitting!

My mom is just worried about me, that's all. She's doubted this diet from the start and me being sick just gave her reason to try and make me quit. I'm determined to lose this weight, though!

You know I think people fear what they don't know. My mother is the same way, which is why I haven't told her what I'm doing. She lives two doors down from us, but I just don't want to get into it with her about all of this. I'm thriving at the moment. For the first time in ages my migraines are not happening all the time. I feel fantastic. I have TONS of energy now. I wake up before my alarm (that's a first for me!) I wake up early on the weekends even and I seem to have a clearer mind nowadays.

Give your mom lots of love and maybe a bit of education about what your doing...she'll come around if she sees you getting healthier...possibly...we never really know when it comes to our moms :) but for the most part most of us still love them ;)

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm so hungry today! AHHH.
Water water water!

Danni1
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Does anyone have a phase 1 grocery list?

Check out the Starting IP thread. Near the bottom of the 5th page (I believe) wuv has a link to a grocery list thread.

whirlygirl72
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
So my nutritionist said i needed to watch the carbs in some of the veggie i've been eating. My primary staples are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus:broc:, romaine, mushrooms, and spinach. Has anyone else ever heard of this? and if so are there some lower carb veggies?

alaskastarr
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Check out the Starting IP thread. Near the bottom of the 5th page (I believe) wuv has a link to a grocery list thread.

ohhh thank you, my hubby just asked me if there was such a monster :D lol... I just hadn't found it yet as all the threads keep sucking me in with all this informative reading!

janniegoingdown
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone. My second weigh in on Sat went good, down 2.6. It is my TOM so expecting a good loss next Sat. Also had a late work xmas party and I managed to stay OP. Very proud of myself :cheer:

4kiddos
01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
So my nutritionist said i needed to watch the carbs in some of the veggie i've been eating. My primary staples are broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus:broc:, romaine, mushrooms, and spinach. Has anyone else ever heard of this? and if so are there some lower carb veggies?

I eat broccoli and cauliflower everyday. Perhaps it is the packet intake rather than veggies? make sure you have 4 cups no more or no less every day. Only have one restricted a day and it should be in the morning or lunch. The drinks have more carbs than the puddings so keep that in mind.I don't know what your daily menu looks like but I would just watch those things. Somewhere in the posts there is a nutrional sheet for all the IP items that way you would know which have more.

4kiddos
01-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I eat broccoli and cauliflower everyday. Perhaps it is the packet intake rather than veggies? make sure you have 4 cups no more or no less every day. Only have one restricted a day and it should be in the morning or lunch. The drinks have more carbs than the puddings so keep that in mind.I don't know what your daily menu looks like but I would just watch those things. Somewhere in the posts there is a nutrional sheet for all the IP items that way you would know which have more.

By the way, romaine is your salad and considered "free". It does not count towards your veggie intake and you can have unlimited at lunch and supper.

Traceym
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11 pounds!! I am loving this diet!

whirlygirl72
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
By the way, romaine is your salad and considered "free". It does not count towards your veggie intake and you can have unlimited at lunch and supper.

Thanks so much, i'll keep that in mind. I am mindful of my four cups :) and thank goodness for unlimited lettuce!:D

lboogs311
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM

Hi,
I was on it a while ago and it made me violently ill, so I stopped taking it (i'm talking years ago). The worst thing for us PCOS peeps is carbs! I love them too, but man our bodies just don't digest them normally. That is why this diet works for most people, I absolutely love it.
Nikkib, I did the same! I didn't phase off the diet in mid-September and gained...now I am back to complete the process for life. ;)

newmom7611
01-16-2012, 03:55 PM
For those of you asking about the scales... If you want to buy a great scale, go to target. I bought a WW scale that measures weight, bmi, percentages, hydration levels... The whole 9. I spent $25 on it, but I feel it's the most accurate.

janniegoingdown
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Just having my IP cookie as an afternoon snack. Love it with a hot cup of Green Tea!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Yay! Keep up the good work!

CysterLeanne
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm on Metformin, same dose as you, for PCOS. I still disagree that I need to be on it, half the time it makes me feel strange....dizzy and almost sick. I actually have an appointment today, so we'll see what she says about the diet.

My mother in law is diabetic, and she just started maintenance right around Thanksgiving. She's really the one that motivated me to look into it more, she did awesome. She is off ALL of her insulin and is now taking only Metformin. She was on insulin shots for over 20 years! We're so proud of her.

Wow that is truly an inspirational story (so many on here as well!). I also disagree about taking it and sometimes get the "GI issues" from it (ACK!), but I know my dr's (including the fertility Dr I went to not that long ago) swears I need to stay on it, not only to prevent diabetes, but also when I am ready to begin fertility treatments again they want me to be on it :dizzy: So I keep chugging along with it. Thank you again ;)

CysterLeanne
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi,
I was on it a while ago and it made me violently ill, so I stopped taking it (i'm talking years ago). The worst thing for us PCOS peeps is carbs! I love them too, but man our bodies just don't digest them normally. That is why this diet works for most people, I absolutely love it.
Nikkib, I did the same! I didn't phase off the diet in mid-September and gained...now I am back to complete the process for life. ;)

Good luck, and thank you for replying! I know carbs are horrible for us (unfortunately my favorite food group bahahaha!), I am hoping to retrain my brain to stop "needing" them LOL!!!!

DanafromAustin
01-16-2012, 04:23 PM
I know! I have PCOS also and it is amazing how great this works! I went off without phasing out in late Sept last year and it was miserable. I feel so much better now that I am back. I already feel like a new woman in that dpt haha :)

My coach is in a OBGYN's office. The coach said the doctor got into this diet because her PCOS patients have had such good luck with it.

You know I think people fear what they don't know. My mother is the same way, which is why I haven't told her what I'm doing. She lives two doors down from us, but I just don't want to get into it with her about all of this. I'm thriving at the moment. For the first time in ages my migraines are not happening all the time. I feel fantastic. I have TONS of energy now. I wake up before my alarm (that's a first for me!) I wake up early on the weekends even and I seem to have a clearer mind nowadays.

Give your mom lots of love and maybe a bit of education about what your doing...she'll come around if she sees you getting healthier...possibly...we never really know when it comes to our moms :) but for the most part most of us still love them ;)

When my mom heard that my doctor recommended this diet to me, she figured it all must be okay then. My mom is old school and still thinks if you just cut your calories then you will loose, end of story. Oh if our bodies were only that simple.

ShellyT
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
For those of you asking about the scales... If you want to buy a great scale, go to target. I bought a WW scale that measures weight, bmi, percentages, hydration levels... The whole 9. I spent $25 on it, but I feel it's the most accurate.
Thank you for the input. I am looking at them and wondering how they can do all this stuff ...crazy to think, but it would be nice to see the diff on the weigh in.

SewingMomma
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
WI today down another 1.8...yeah!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Yay! Good to see it continue going down! I have my second WI in three days and hoping I'll have a loss too. I've been staying OP so I'm pretty confident.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Is there a thread on here for those of us on IP who have PCOS? I just got back from the doctor and she has never heard of the diet and said "we'll see if it works. Call me when you hit your goal." She said it kind of snarky. I think I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I left. I'd like to compare with other PCOS peeps to see how their meds needed adjusted, etc.

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Lisa AKA Cougar, loved the story you posted last night! You made my morning.

Thanks for starting the daily thread.

Got a date with Jillian, so she can kick my butt. Or in my experience of level two, work my shoulders in ways they have never seen.

Have a great day all!
LOL.....I am NOT a cougar...hahah....just a good looking woman.....lol

I will be 46 in Feb, Don't feel it or look it either!.....lol...I freak out a lot of people when they find out my age. Its just like my mom, she doesn't look her age at all so I know I will be looking good for a while....hahaha

Today is day 4 and so far so good, but I am having a really hard time trying to get this chocolate RTD shake down this morning. Any way to "doctor" it up? I cant wait for Thursday when I go back so I can pick something else.. I only have just enough food to get me through till Thursday so I can substitute the Drinks for egg whites in the morning?
You can NOT substitute your packets for egg whites. Egg whites are considered "free" of course in moderation 2 I would think, not 100% certain though just IMO

Egg whites are NOT considered part of your protein IF you eat WHOLE eggs then YES it is considered your protein

Happy Monday! I had a dark chocolate pudding "shake" for my snack last night and it seemed to keep the hunger pains at bay...guess I'll be ordering more of them next time! :) I just added to much water 14 oz. and "watered" it down to much...I could smell the chocolate but the taste had disappeared... :(
use 10oz of water and add ice to it, it makes it "slushy" and still has the chocolate flavor. You can also add some WF chocolate syrup to it for even more of a chocolate flavor :)

Mardi Gras ball, Where are you from?

Ok, I read this and I really don't want to sound gruff (so apologies ahead of time if I do). This is an individual diet that works differently for every person. I am not going to feel the same, look the same, lose the same as anyone else because it is how my body processes the diet. My first two weeks I lost 4.5 lbs then after that consistently less, however in 5 weeks I have lost 15 lbs which is what they say is "average". I have lost a ton of inches and feel awesome. I have went down two sizes and I can see a huge difference. This is how I know it is working. I understand you are discouraged but how discouraged would you be if you weren't on the diet, eating very badly and still gaining? Take the time to invest in the program. It will work. I know people throw big numbers out there but that doesn't mean they are doing anything better or that your are doing anything wrong. Just a difference in our how bodies work. I encourage you to stay off the scale (except for WI), stick to the plan (no cheating) and you will see results. Don't compare yourself to anyone else! You are doing this for you and your are worth it! :hug:
VERY WELL SAID!

Broccoli and Cauliflower are 2 of the higher carb veggies that we can have. Cucumbers I know are low, I did the broccoli and cauliflower a lot when I first started then got burnt out on it. Now I eat a cucumber everyday for lunch and its usually Cabbage for dinner cooked in a variety of ways such as Roasted, pan fried, stir fried or just with oil and vinegar.

Looks like we had some awesome WI's today but I also see a LOT OF CHEATS going on. THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET....if you want it to work you have to remember that. There is a thread here I will try to find about the cost of cheating and bump it to the front page. YOU have to be strong on this diet, its NOT FOREVER that you can't have the foods you like its only temporary, I PROMISE that food WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU ARE DONE!!!!

mamacitaof2
01-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I actually found a scale at Walmart that did weight, BMI, and water. Then this afternoon I was at Bed Bath and Beyond and found one that does weight, body fat, water and muscle for $5 less! It was $29.00. I don't remember the brand sorry!

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM

woo hoo! :carrot::carrot:

ShellyT
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
I actually found a scale at Walmart that did weight, BMI, and water. Then this afternoon I was at Bed Bath and Beyond and found one that does weight, body fat, water and muscle for $5 less! It was $29.00. I don't remember the brand sorry!
Sounds good, then with 20% off there....sounds like a new scale. There are 5 of us that just started, and I would like to see all the variables. Thank you for the information.

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Is there a thread on here for those of us on IP who have PCOS? I just got back from the doctor and she has never heard of the diet and said "we'll see if it works. Call me when you hit your goal." She said it kind of snarky. I think I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I left. I'd like to compare with other PCOS peeps to see how their meds needed adjusted, etc.

I haven't looked around for one much, but if not then there should be! I'm sure there would be a ton of us in there! Including me! :hug:

salmongirl
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Day 4 for me and feeling good today, headaches are gone. The only really annoying thing is how frequestly I have to go pee! I am driving myself and my family crazy! Does it get better? Does the blatter stretch out after awhile?

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Day 4 for me and feeling good today, headaches are gone. The only really annoying thing is how frequestly I have to go pee! I am driving myself and my family crazy! Does it get better? Does the blatter stretch out after awhile?

Just think of it like this, you are peeing out FAT so go often....lol....and don't mind it :)...it does get better though

NavyMommy
01-16-2012, 05:56 PM
How much was the scale with all of that? Where did you buy it?

I think it was $35 if I remember correctly. It's a Health O Meter brand. They had one cheaper but the store I was at was out of stock. I think the only difference was it didn't have the glass and only stored 2 users data instead of 4 (which doesn't matter to me). I bought mine at the military exchange but I've seen them everywhere.

Are others challenged by others in your household's food choices? I am finding that at times, it has been fine, other times very hard and I end up being :devil:!

At first I was very challenged. I only feed my children 'real' food (from a blog I read) and that takes more prep work and cooking. I'm constantly making things for them I can't even think about touching. I have decided to look at it this way, I don't know if you're familiar with Dave Ramsey but he often refers to debt as spending tomorrow's money today (which it really is) so I just figure I've already eaten all of my calories and now I'm 'paying it off'. I also remember that once I learn how to manage my diet responsibly these foods will still be there.

There are some people who still carb count, but honestly I just assume the people who put together IP knew what they were doing and as long asit's on the sheet I don't worry about it. I would listen to your coach though, and ask her what she wants you to eat. Spinach and mushrooms aren't that high in carbs I don't think, so I would be interested to see what she suggests.

ClairCat
01-16-2012, 05:58 PM
So good to hear there are others whose tummys are being loud today!
Working from home due to snow and I'm having to really work at NOT snacking.

My plan is : have a hot cup of Green Tea and take the dog for a walk....then it will almost be dinner time!

NavyMommy
01-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Congrats to all the awesome WI's today!!! :carrot::carrot:

I did pretty well today, took my daughter to lunch with friends at a pizza place and then to see Beauty and the Beast 3D. It was a ton of fun. I ate my chocolate puffs before we got to the restaurant and was very pleased that they had a made to order salad there. I got a mix of spinach and romaine topped with onions and cucumbers with a small drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon (I wasn't sure what kind of vinegar it was) I was set. I even had enough to bring home for my 2 cups of veggies tonight.

For all of those worried about eating in public not one person remarked on what I got, aside from "wow, I wish I was good enough to get a salad". Eating out is not nearly as hard as some of you think it's going to be.

The movie popcorn smelled so good but thankfully I know that the place we went has it pre popped so it's not nearly as good as it smells. It was still hard to keep from finishing my daughters though!! The only thing I bought for me was a 1L bottle of water because I want to aim for 4L of water a day and only have a 24oz bottle. Reusing this will hopefully make it easier for me :-)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

kdspirited
01-16-2012, 06:09 PM

I got diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 and have struggled with my weight ever since. I am on it and it has worked wonders for me.

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Congrats to all the awesome WI's today!!! :carrot::carrot:

I did pretty well today, took my daughter to lunch with friends at a pizza place and then to see Beauty and the Beast 3D. It was a ton of fun. I ate my chocolate puffs before we got to the restaurant and was very pleased that they had a made to order salad there. I got a mix of spinach and romaine topped with onions and cucumbers with a small drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon (I wasn't sure what kind of vinegar it was) I was set. I even had enough to bring home for my 2 cups of veggies tonight.

For all of those worried about eating in public not one person remarked on what I got, aside from "wow, I wish I was good enough to get a salad". Eating out is not nearly as hard as some of you think it's going to be.

The movie popcorn smelled so good but thankfully I know that the place we went has it pre popped so it's not nearly as good as it smells. It was still hard to keep from finishing my daughters though!! The only thing I bought for me was a 1L bottle of water because I want to aim for 4L of water a day and only have a 24oz bottle. Reusing this will hopefully make it easier for me :-)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Sooooooo proud of you all around!!

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I woke up with a horrible headache this morning . . . actually, I went to sleep with it. I've tried the salt trick and am eating my breakfast right now. Before I started drinking and eating, I had my first weigh in.

well done:carrot::carrot:

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Chocolate banana shake!! YUM!

Banana pudding packet
8-10oz water
Ice
1-2 TBS WF Chocolate syrup

Mmmmm, I would have this after Phase 1 :cool:

New Englander
01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Chocolate banana shake!! YUM!

Banana pudding packet
8-10oz water
Ice
1-2 TBS WF Chocolate syrup

Mmmmm, I would have this after Phase 1 :cool:
That does sound yummy! Does the banana packet have good flavor??? I tried a chocolate pudding shake with 1 tbsp of WF chocolate syrup and I tried a dark chocolate pudding shake (no syrup)...and neither were truly chocolate?!?!?! I kept the water to 10 oz. The chocolate drink and choc/choc bar both are much more chocolatey in my opinion... I do like bananas and the choc /ban combo...so please let me know if it really, really has a good banana flavor! :) TY!!!

AND...why would you have this after Phase 1? Does that mean you wouldn't have it in phase 1 or that you woudl just continue to have it... :) TY!

Louisiana chick
01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Woo Hoo, I went weigh in today and it is official I am officially at my goal weight. A big NSV also today, I went to the dentist and when I walked in the dentist was standing behind the counter. His face was priceless when he realized it was me. He couldn't get over how much I had lost. I then sat in the lobby waiting for my appt. and he comes back to the counter and tells my daughter, "Your mom is one hot looking chick right now." Now understand his wife was behind the desk also. I was beaming. When he called me to the back, he said that he would never have recognized me if he would have met me on the street. So today was an awesome day.

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Woo Hoo, I went weigh in today and it is official I am officially at my goal weight. A big NSV also today, I went to the dentist and when I walked in the dentist was standing behind the counter. His face was priceless when he realized it was me. He couldn't get over how much I had lost. I then sat in the lobby waiting for my appt. and he comes back to the counter and tells my daughter, "Your mom is one hot looking chick right now." Now understand his wife was behind the desk also. I was beaming. When he called me to the back, he said that he would never have recognized me if he would have met me on the street. So today was an awesome day.

WOOHOO!!!.....See I am not the ONLY "HOT" looking one around here!!!...you go girl!

tsmoore71
01-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Today is day 4 for me and it's going good. My only problem is I left my breakfast and lunch IP food at work and now we are having a snow storm and I might not make it to work. So I'm concerned about what to eat tomorrow. I do have the pina colada drink that I can drink for breakfast, but I have no IP products for lunch. I'm going to have to buy extra food to keep at home.

omgzitsmiranda
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
omg you guys. i've ate everything except my last "packet" and i've had all my water and i just can't get over my hungerrrrrrrrr. what can i eat? :( i think my hamburger cooked down too much because i cooked it too long :/ ugh!

Debbie64
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Ladies need advice, encouragement and support.
WI #6 1.0 down :) WI #7 1.8 down:D so happy, 2.6 from original goal, at 90%, yeah me again.
Mad cuz I thought my long distance coach would have been a little more happy for me. I know pitty party. I guess she didn't have my headaches or will power to say no so I should be happy in my achievement, but I expected a little acknowledgement. Oh well
Sad and scared because I need to go to phase 2 and I am scared to death!!!!! I have gotten into the routine of Phase one and have got it!!! But now I have to on to phase 2 and I just feel I am gonna screw up and yoyo!!! Failure is not an option! I am a nurse and I have done this great thing for me so logically I know I am smart enough to do this but saying NO you cant is easier then having to put so much thought into it. Anyone else have any advice or guidance they can offer?????

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 07:22 PM

Congrats! So motivating and encouraging! You lost the same amount I want to lose! How long did it take you?

panda13
01-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Today is day 4 for me and it's going good. My only problem is I left my breakfast and lunch IP food at work and now we are having a snow storm and I might not make it to work. So I'm concerned about what to eat tomorrow. I do have the pina colada drink that I can drink for breakfast, but I have no IP products for lunch. I'm going to have to buy extra food to keep at home.

I think you can replace an IP packet with 3 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, so you could have some scrambled eggs for lunch (that is, if you have eggs).

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 07:35 PM

Way to Go! I hope I do as well on my first weigh in

DanafromAustin
01-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Woo Hoo, I went weigh in today and it is official I am officially at my goal weight.

Congratulations. That's awesome on the weight loss.

Louisiana chick
01-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats! So motivating and encouraging! You lost the same amount I want to lose! How long did it take you?

I started the Tuesday after Easter, so 9 months. I have never been a fast loser but with this diet, I was a steady loser. Even when I got to my goal weight, I never had a plateau. Thanks. You can do this.

Louisiana chick
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
WOOHOO!!!.....See I am not the ONLY "HOT" looking one around here!!!...you go girl!

Wuv, it was amazing to hear those words. I have never in my life been called "HOT" and I am having to get used to people call me "SKINNY". I have been following you on these posts and you are such a motivation to so many people. I will be lurking around on the maintenance thread but will continue to follow the daily threads also. I can't imagine life without this website.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
So, does anyone around here blog about their journey? I've googled it, and seen a few links, but is there a place I can go to find a list or something??

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I had my first weigh in today and I lost 11 pounds!! I am loving this diet!

:carrot:Way to Go:carrot: amazing loss:)

New Englander
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
CONGRATS!!!! That's so incredibly awesome!!! Way to go and for sticking with it!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 08:00 PM

that is so awesome! Congrats on reaching GOAL :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Pamelama
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM
That does sound yummy! Does the banana packet have good flavor??? I tried a chocolate pudding shake with 1 tbsp of WF chocolate syrup and I tried a dark chocolate pudding shake (no syrup)...and neither were truly chocolate?!?!?! I kept the water to 10 oz. The chocolate drink and choc/choc bar both are much more chocolatey in my opinion... I do like bananas and the choc /ban combo...so please let me know if it really, really has a good banana flavor! :) TY!!!

AND...why would you have this after Phase 1? Does that mean you wouldn't have it in phase 1 or that you woudl just continue to have it... :) TY!

That's funny b/c I think the exact opposite :dizzy:! I liked the puddings vs the shakes for drinks b/c I thought the texture was more "shake like" and more chocolately (I do add WF syrup though).
I may not be the best person to ask about flavor... I have decreased smell/taste issues the last few weeks due to polyps in my sinuses and they're really inflamed right now. :(. My kids thought it smelled like a banana shake if that helps... For me, from what I could taste, tasted ok to me. I LOVE bananas & chocolate (bananas & peanut butter too, but I digress)

I meant that I thought it was decent enough to have even when I'm off protocol.. Nice low carb/calorie treat!

Louisiana chick
01-16-2012, 08:09 PM
CONGRATS!!!! That's so incredibly awesome!!! Way to go and for sticking with it!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks!! This diet works if you stick to it. Good Luck on your journey.

northernfawn
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Today was day 3 for me and I'm so glad it's almost over! I started off feeling really great, then about noon the headache hit, along with overwhelming nausea. Having lunch helped with the nausea, but that headache just wouldn't quit! until I tried the salt trick and it only took about 20 mins to work, so thank-you to everyone who has shared that little tip.....I am so glad I found this forum :)

Louisiana chick
01-16-2012, 08:11 PM
that is so awesome! Congrats on reaching GOAL :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thanks!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I am too excited. Good luck with your weight loss. Ideal protein works if you follow the plan.

Lmflora
01-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi everybody! I am back in the rat race, no time for anything-- but I have been reading the daily chat once or twice a week. Good job everyone!! The numbers are lookin fantastic!!!, especially the new starters, see how awesome it is to actually see the scale move? the great thing is that it will keep moving.

I had my 5th weigh in today, down 5.75 pounds.:carrot::carrot::carrot:
My daughter weighs in tomorrow, we mostly don't see each other until the weekend, but she worked all weekend, so I did not get to see her at all! :(:(
But since her 4th weigh in she has lost a total of 13 pounds:carrot::carrot::carrot:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

ShellyT
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
AWESOME! Congrats to you!

MaMaZu
01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Today was day 3 for me and I'm so glad it's almost over! I started off feeling really great, then about noon the headache hit, along with overwhelming nausea. Having lunch helped with the nausea, but that headache just wouldn't quit! until I tried the salt trick and it only took about 20 mins to work, so thank-you to everyone who has shared that little tip.....I am so glad I found this forum :)

Only in my 2nd week, but I too was amazed at the salt trick for both headaches and weakness probably due to low BP, thanks to all!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Just think of it like this, you are peeing out FAT so go often....lol....and don't mind it :)...it does get better though

Glad to hear it gets better...
I hope that holds true for me.

purple sky
01-16-2012, 08:37 PM

So awesome. Cheering all the way over here for you. :cheer:

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-16-2012, 08:38 PM

We got lucky here in So King Co. and didn't get much. Just a couple inches, enough for the neighborhood kiddies to play in.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-16-2012, 08:42 PM

This is wonderful! Congrats on making it such a long way! You must be so proud and I hope your family is too. These success stories really help me stay on track. Thank you!

purple sky
01-16-2012, 08:45 PM
WI #6 1.0 down WI #7 1.8 down so happy, 2.6 from original goal, at 90%, yeah me again.
Mad cuz I thought my long distance coach would have been a little more happy for me. I know pitty party. I guess she didn't have my headaches or will power to say no so I should be happy in my achievement, but I expected a little acknowledgement. Oh well
Sad and scared because I need to go to phase 2 and I am scared to death!!!!! I have gotten into the routine of Phase one and have got it!!! But now I have to on to phase 2 and I just feel I am gonna screw up and yoyo!!! Failure is not an option! I am a nurse and I have done this great thing for me so logically I know I am smart enough to do this but saying NO you cant is easier then having to put so much thought into it. Anyone else have any advice or guidance they can offer?????

I can't comment on phases because I just started but seriously pat yourself on the back and do a happy dance or maybe a few happy dances. This is a big deal, a really big deal. Really. Maybe think of it like graduation. You are getting ready to go on to the next step, the next level. Think of ways to celebrate. Hair? Make Up? Clothes? You got this far. Remember that. YOU did it.

mrsmurphy
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Today was the start of week 3 for me. Going well.. i have been recieving so much support from friends and family, just gives me more motivation to keep going.

Question... what kind of scale does everyone use? i bought one and it broke. It was a cheap one. So, I'm just wondering what's a good scale and where do i get?

Thanks in advance!

patns
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM

You could have said; "Stay tuned and I'll do just that"!

SewingMomma
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I am too excited. Good luck with your weight loss. Ideal protein works if you follow the plan.

Congratulations!!! Great job!

SewingMomma
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Yay! Good to see it continue going down! I have my second WI in three days and hoping I'll have a loss too. I've been staying OP so I'm pretty confident.

Thanks. This program realy works if you stick with it.

MaMaZu
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Day 10 today and STARVING all afternoon. Had an early dinner and hope that takes care of things! Still have a shake to go so that should help too...Glad I made it through...NSV for sure!

lindac36
01-16-2012, 09:00 PM

Is that part of the sticky for newbies?

patns
01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
WI #6 1.0 down :) WI #7 1.8 down:D so happy, 2.6 from original goal, at 90%, yeah me again.

You need to celebrate your achievement. You are at an excellent weight for your height. I haven't gotten to the phasing off stage yet but have been following when anyone posts about it. Most people say stage 2 is not too much different than stage 1 so is a nice transition. It is just a matter of having two "regular" meals a day and two packets. You can so do this, the two weeks for stage 2 will zoom by.

Pat

mommyof3girls
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow that is truly an inspirational story (so many on here as well!). I also disagree about taking it and sometimes get the "GI issues" from it (ACK!), but I know my dr's (including the fertility Dr I went to not that long ago) swears I need to stay on it, not only to prevent diabetes, but also when I am ready to begin fertility treatments again they want me to be on it :dizzy: So I keep chugging along with it. Thank you again ;)

I will atest to metformin. It never made me sick. I wasn't diabetic. I tried to have a baby for 2 years before getting on metformin and now 6 years later I have 3 beautiful girls, ages 6, 5 and 2.

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I will atest to metformin. It never made me sick. I wasn't diabetic. I tried to have a baby for 2 years before getting on metformin and now 6 years later I have 3 beautiful girls, ages 6, 5 and 2.

That is so awesome! I think it's a great drug. I know my MIL loves it. But I sometimes get so dizzy I almost fall over. My blood sugar was only 2 points above normal, and I had forgot all about blood work and had gum that day...not sugar free. I really want to be re-tested! I'm thinking of losing 20-30 lbs and then finding a new doctor.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Fever has gone up to 103.2..... Now I'm getting worried ):

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Wuv, it was amazing to hear those words. I have never in my life been called "HOT" and I am having to get used to people call me "SKINNY". I have been following you on these posts and you are such a motivation to so many people. I will be lurking around on the maintenance thread but will continue to follow the daily threads also. I can't imagine life without this website.
I am by no means "skinny" at 268lbs...lol...but it is great to get the compliments that is for sure :)

So, does anyone around here blog about their journey? I've googled it, and seen a few links, but is there a place I can go to find a list or something??
There are a few blogs in the signatures of a few of the posters here. So look in everyone's signature for the link to their blogs

nikkib
01-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Fever has gone up to 103.2..... Now I'm getting worried ):

Did you take anything for the fever? Take a cooler shower (not cold but a little cooler than normal) also to try and get it down. Keep drinking water tho cause that fever will burn it all out of you. Hope you feel better tomorrow:hug:

Momto2cs
01-16-2012, 10:25 PM
My comment on the banana pudding is that alone it is not that great-it has a weird aftertaste. But it was delicious as "banana bread" muffins!

mompattie
01-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Stick with it!

I keep telling myself to stick with it- these feelings will subside.

My husband is supportive of me, as well as my choice to do IP. However, his food choices are still not very good. Example- went to see a horse show yesterday and he and my daughter brought back a snack of soft pretzels and cheese- one of my old favorites. I did not cheat, nor did I take even a small bite.

My husband is supportive as well, but could scream at his food choices! A toasted bagel smothered with peanut butter and brown sugar...get this...BEFORE BED!!!! ARGH! I don't want to say anything, cause he never said anything to put me down when my choices weren't stellar....

We had a birthday in our home tonight - my baby turned 5! :) I made Skor bar cupcakes with choc icing and topped with a huge hunk of Skor bar! YUM! But ya know....I opened the saran off them after supper tonight...they smelled good, but I didn't want one!

The old me would have gobbled down 3 of them without anyone looking...but the new me thought, wow the kids are gonna love these! I made them each 2, and froze the rest for another special treat! And they aren't laying around tempting me. The new me was strong and didn't waiver one little bit...the new me has realized that stuffing my face with food of any kind, esp. sweet and rich foods, won't fill my soul..won't fill the void...won't make me feel better....I feel "fuller" without indulging, I feel proud for having a sugar free jello (I know, not OP but 5 calories and 0 carbs I felt it was ok)....I feel skinnier tonight :p

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, I love reading everyone's posts and feel very supported when I come to this board! You chicks rock!

mompattie
01-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone. My second weigh in on Sat went good, down 2.6. It is my TOM so expecting a good loss next Sat. Also had a late work xmas party and I managed to stay OP. Very proud of myself :cheer:

YEAH!!!! That's fantastic!!!! :bravo:

mompattie
01-16-2012, 10:41 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is a MASSIVE HUGE victory!!! I can't wait for goal weight day! Way to go - your committment has paid off! Here's to a new, healthy YOU!! :bravo::bravo::bravo:

Gardengurl71
01-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone...happy Monday :) I am glad I finally got online to read everyone's posts today. Feels strange when I don't!

I have my week 3 weigh in tomorrow...I am excited but at the same time feel like it doesn't matter what the scale says exactly, I am going to keep going(and going and going).

his diet makes me feel confident and in control of food. I am realizing just HOW MUCH I used food to fill time, entertain, assauge, deal with feelings....pretty much anything NOT related to actually nurturing my body. Now I feel like I am feeding my body what it needs to function...instead of feeding my emotions. It's a relief. :)

Have a great evening !!!! Alicia

Chuckles1330
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Newbie here, who has just completed day 3. At least it was easier than day 2! Didn't know if I was going to make it yesterday - super tired, and a little nausea. Know if I stick to it it will be worth my while; I'm actually looking forward to WI1 on Saturday. Pray I am this hopeful by the end of the week :)

TFBeller
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Wuv - I don't know how to reply yet! Still learning. I'm from Louisiana. Starting IP right in the middle of Mardi Gras season. Lots of will power to pass up King Cakes, but it'll be worth it!

stmpspaz
01-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Ok, I think I am ready for San Antonio.

1) moved my airplane seats to the aisle and near the bathroom - drink water and pee! LOL

2) Organized my IP packets into groups of 3 and stapled them at the top so they are easy to grab and use

3) Put in a couple small containers to carry something for a snack (cucumbers, pickles)

I am determined to keep on going!! Day 5 was easy for me today. A friend even brought cupcakes and I didn't even want one!

Bellamack
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow! Some Super-Great WI's and Nsv's. A great BIG CONGRATS to Louisiana Chick for reaching goal. Awsome :)

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Wuv - I don't know how to reply yet! Still learning. I'm from Louisiana. Starting IP right in the middle of Mardi Gras season. Lots of will power to pass up King Cakes, but it'll be worth it!

Where at in Louisiana? I am in Gulfport Ms but originally from Kaplan La