Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #1  

Default Help- Getting Discouraged

Hi- I am 56 years old and went to IP because I gained 10 lbs in the last year. All my life I was at a steady weight (130lbs) but from the time I turned 50 to now I went to 146 lbs. I am 5'4 and it is all in the middle. I have been in IP for 12 days and have only lost 4 lbs. I am getting discouraged. Last week when I went to my first appointment since starting I had only lost 3.2 lbs. and I actually was more dehydrated and had more % of body fat. In a week, it looks like I have only lost 8 ounces. I have followed the diet to the T but with this lack of progress, I wonder if it is worth the money and the restrictions. Help friens.
ClaudiaCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

I can relate.
check out this thread I started, it has a wealth of information
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-give-up.html
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaCecilia View Post
Hi- I am 56 years old and went to IP because I gained 10 lbs in the last year. All my life I was at a steady weight (130lbs) but from the time I turned 50 to now I went to 146 lbs. I am 5'4 and it is all in the middle. I have been in IP for 12 days and have only lost 4 lbs. I am getting discouraged. Last week when I went to my first appointment since starting I had only lost 3.2 lbs. and I actually was more dehydrated and had more % of body fat. In a week, it looks like I have only lost 8 ounces. I have followed the diet to the T but with this lack of progress, I wonder if it is worth the money and the restrictions. Help friens.
I was going to ask you how much water you were drinking even before you said you were dehydrated. You'll never be successful losing weight if you're body is starved for water and hanging on to every ml it can. Please drink about 100 ounces a day. You won't begin to lose weight as quickly as those who have a lot more to lose but I think you will start losing more if you drink more water. Practically anyone here would tell you that. I just got in first.

Here's something you might want to take a look at. www.baby2see.com/medical/your_bmi.htm Also, I agree with your comment about where you're carrying the weight. Again, the water will help get rid of that. And I hope you've had your thyroid checked recently?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote