Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/15/12

Diana3271
01-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

mamakat
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I was shocked when I looked at the clock this morning 8.45am, awesome. Even better I went to bed before 10. My day started out great, but taking DD along with me for the time filler while DS was out on his date was not the best idea. Thought we were doing fine, but looking back at it she was nasty a lot of the time. At dinner (where we met her father) she blew up at me, loud and embarrassing (omg, I'm never the type to get embarrassed, but I was last night). She totally flipped so she got to ride home with her daddy and I refused to talk to her the rest of the night (I'm mom, I deserve respect especially when I didn't actually do anything...I was on my best behavior :D). Then DH proceeded to blow up at me enough to make DS uncomfortable. I swear I was just sitting there waiting to go to the bathroom and the whole world flipped out. I actually went to the grocery store to run away from them (hello, me in a grocery store! It was late and I didn't know where else to go). I came home had a cup of tea then went to bed. DH apologized right before I fell asleep.

Was it a full moon these past few days?

Diana you were right, that really made me laugh. Can we say Karma? Eating angry causes the ickies. That's what happened to DH last night. DD caused everyone to get angry and we all got stomach aches. I ended up buying a box of Atkins bars and opening it for comfort on my way home. I think if that 90 mins helped you to relax, it wasn't weird. I only say this though (she says in a whisper) because I went to the store too when I was upset...I am not weird :rofl: :rofl:

qtkitty how awful on the bruising and soreness. Your back probably hurts from seizing up with pain and expectation of pain (like a car accident). Keep an eye on the bruise. I goofed around with my mom (once) and kicked her in the shin (serious not on purpose :p) and she ended up with a blood clot. Its funny what we'll let our babies do with our bodies. Hope you got a good night's sleep :)

Mustard welcome back. Can you no longer get the meal replacement bars? I had one instead of a candy bar...but I really wanted the candy.

1ladies sometimes I find Dr. Oz says some interesting things. I never knew that about the store. As I've said previously, I don't shop. But now you've got me thinking. I haven't been in a store for maybe 6 months and hours just remodeled, it took me forever to find three things, none were on the outside..the milk and that was it. I will have to look around one day.

Speaking of grocery stores. Walgreen's no longer accept Anthem so we have to find a new pharmacy. DH wants me to go to the store. Of course I was going to poo poo it because it's the store (a very big source of anxiety), but it's in the front and the parking is great (better than Walgreen's) so I will look into it today. Couldn't do it last night because it was too late. Let's all hope today is a better day :) I am going to spend it writing.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

Last night the cake that I had, had soy bean oil in it. I can't do anything about that now. I will try to avoid it as much as possible in the future. Today I went to Jason's Deli. I brought my own dressing for my sandwich. Theirs has soybean oil in it. The ranch dressing that I made was from an organic dry mix. I mixed it with Greek yogurt and water. I didn't see any type of soy on the ingredient list. I'll see how things go tomorrow.

Mamkat What a day! Ha Ha Can you see the two of us meeting up at the grocery store when we are in the middle of one of our "moments"? :rofl: I hope you had a better day, today.

Total Approx 1540 Calories + :coffee:
My calories are a little higher than I wanted them to be. Also, my sodium was too high for today.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 Calories
Fruit Cup 100 Calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Dinner (475 Calories)
Orzo Pasta 105 calories
Grilled Chicken 240 calories
Asparagus 50 calories
Feta Cheese 60 calories
Kalamata olives 20 calories

Exercise:
Mitch Gaylord's Perfect 10 Workout Citius Fat Blasting Cardio Workout w/#6 weighted ball

Adalyn
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Ooo I joined the site just in time to join something :D

I hate posting about my food, I don't know why.. I feel my food choices are very private for some reason, I've always kinda been that way. Maybe because I find people are always so judgmental when it comes to food choices.. it might be a mental block I have to break through (though not I think today).

But I definitely need to post about my exercise to keep me on track. I'm terribly out of shape...

Today I bought a brand new elliptical. My husband put it together earlier, and I did 20 minutes on it which almost killed me :D

berryblondeboys
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Adalyn Welcome! And don't worry, you don't need to tell us your food for the day. I'm too lazy to do it. I do keep track on a phone app (or you can do it online or the old fashioned pen and pencil way), but ther is no reason to broadcast it if you don't want to. You have to do what works for you with food too. There is no one way to go about it. But I will say it is very good to start calorie counting. It really gives you an idea of where your calories arer going so you can tweak your plan here and there to get the results you want.

Mamakat Sorry that your daughter was being a pill. The teenage years are just preparing us for their separation... Especially between mother and daughter.

As for me, I've been snacky today for some odd reason. Ate about 1700 calories today which is about 250 too high. I don't know why, but I just needed morer food today and I tried to make the best choices I cold when I needed to eat more.

Doing a spinning class tomorrow morning.

remi213
01-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Well I didn't go over my calorie count today however the food choices I made could have been better. I feel very proud of myself today however because my boyfriend (who is a damn bean pole) went to the drive-thru today and I said "No thank you" when he asked what I wanted. Instead I had some yummy quinoa with green beans when we got home. That is not very often that I can resist, and though I love him to pieces, he is my worst enemy for weight loss. He just doesn't get it cuz he's never had to deal with a weight issue. Whatever has gotten into me, I love it! I was so proud, I bragged all day and now I'm bragging here! No exercise today for me though... Does anyone else really struggle with exercise? I literally hurt when I try to exercise or even walk for longer than 30 mins. My lower back screams at me when I stand too long and I kinda think it has to do with all the weight I now carry on my belly... Also, (embarrassing as it is to say) I often get pain on my inner thighs when I walk for too long, and I mean really bad pain! :( How do I make exercise easier so that I can keep with it? Any suggestions?

berryblondeboys
01-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Remi with excise, take it easy and slowly, start with walking 20 minutes a day, every day. When you start to drop weight, it will get easier and easier. Exercise does not have to be killing yourself and sweating buckets to be effect - especially when you arer really overweight. It takes a lot of energy to move a big body. If someone were to ask me to wear a 98 pound suit while exercising, I would probably fall from the weight and would probably pass out after 10 minutes. Yet that is what I was doing in the beginning - moving my body with all that weight. Just do what little you can do, make it a habit and build as you go, but do it fairly slowly to prevent injury.

Diana3271
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Adalyn Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: Use this check-in however it works best for you.

Remi213 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: Maybe you can try for short workouts multiple times a day. You metabolism will also get a boost each time you workout. Maybe you won't hurt with the shorter workouts. Also, try to be consistent with your workouts. You will build strength, stamina, and endurance. Good luck. Let us know how it's going.

Berry Some days we are more hungry than other days. I hope you make it to the spinning class.

ETA: Berry we were posting similar info at the same time.

mamakat
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Good Evening All,
I was way under calorie tonight, not on purpose and I really tried getting more in...maybe tomorrow. I ate a lot yesterday, so it'll even out. I had a nice day. I had to shoo people out when they came in, seems they all wanted to talk to me today. I said 'no, yesterday was their werewolf day and now I have to recover from their attack.' DD didn't like that as we have to plan her party for next week, but hey under doctors orders 'don't anger the bear when she's angry or she'll tear you apart.' It's funny how I get chewed out for trying to save them...I think they forget how bad I get when they haven't seen it in a couple years. But my hair was standing up so I knew they should shoo for their safety. Plus, I finally got that stinking chapter written...Yay.

Remi :welcome: when I started out I couldn't walk period. I was on a cane. Last summer after 30lbs loss with clean eating and recumbent biking, I started walking (with cane). Then I hiked with cane. I rested a lot through this and I have MD so I would have a lot of pain on some days. BUT now nearing my 80lbs loss, I do not use my cane and I walk for up to 5.5 miles (on good days). I only had one flair up that I can remember and was stuck in bed for a couple days. I agree about the lower back pain...I still get that. I bend over when it gets bad and let it stretch out. Like the others said, it's not sweaty and hard pumping exercise especially when you're starting out. Your body will love whatever you give it. Around the block, up stairs when you can, park your car farther away from the store...little things add up.

Adalyn :welcome: I don't post my food or calories, normally. I may do a drive by but usually I don't. I also use MFP to calculate it all. It's really just a tool for you and what is best for you. I hope here works for you. It's a great place.

Berry got a question about your spinning class. I remember you mentioned you were a little sore last time. Don't know if I'm making this up or not, but don't they have padded shorts for bikers? IF so, do you have a pair? Don't ask me why that popped up in my head. But I was thinking about you ;)

Diana I'm not sure it would be us we'd have to worry about if we bumped into each other in a store. Two ladies in a bad mood, sounds like a bad night for the store employee. Especially if we came through the line one after the other...bag, no paper. Could you just put the bag in the plastic bag? What she said and I need help to my car. :lol: I used to be a bagger, I had those customers all the time. :)

Well I took my beddy bye time meds and my eyes I drooping. The kids are off tomorrow...who snuck in another holiday? We've got furniture moving to do tomorrow. SOmeone begged just enough to get a rat for her 12th birthday. Dang, can we say spoiled? Now we have to rearrange absolutely everything in the living room to fit a bigger dresser so Ben (my name for it) will have a place high up. My dog will kill otherwise. Poor Moby has been put on a lower shelf. How many pets can one girl have? I shouldn't ask. :)

Have a great night everyone!

Diana3271
01-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1540 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 147.6
No change (My sodium was a little higher than normal for yesterday. I actually thought I would have a gain. It still might show up, you never know about that stuff. ;))

Italiannie
01-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Everyone!
Had a fairly good weekend on plan, but the weight is being stubborn. I've been on plan for 5 weeks now and I've lost just under 9lbs. I promised myself I'd be happy with an average weight of 1-2 lbs a week, but you know, it's easy to lose patience. I will continue on, as I really like my plan and it is working. Thinking about weighing in fewer times during the week, instead of daily, as I really am pleased with the overall loss - you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway.....

Last Weigh In - 189.8
Today 189.6

Stay on plan.... stay on plan....

mamakat
01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Monday WI: 203.6 don 3.2lbs from last week and 2lbs from yesterday. :D

Kede
01-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey good people!

I've been MIA, but still on plan of sensible eating and exerciser..well until after church yesterday, lol. :-) Welcome newbies. You'll find great support here. Down a pound good people. Went to golden corral for breakfast sunday, so maybe it would have been more loss? lol Anyway have a blessed week all.

And remi, have you tried Shapely Secrets. I'm not telling you to rush out and buy it. I'll share the techniques with you. When I was at my heaviest, it was all I really could do, but now, like berry stated, I add walking to my regime once a week, due to my schedule. My goal for February may be to walk twice a week.

anywho, again. Y'all have a great week
kede

Moondance
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Happy Monday. :D

I HATE/LOVE CHOCOLATE! OK. I just had to get that off my chest. I hate chocolate because I love it so much. Why, oh why do I feel the need to eat it every day? The more I have, the more I want. I couldn't stay on the Atkins diet because I would eat so much of the sugar-free/sorbitol loaded chocolate. Yikes. The longest I have ever gone without chocolate is 9 days. That was years ago. With the calorie counting, I can leave room for a few chocolate kisses or similar. But I find it hard to stop once I get going. Sigh. As a result, I'm stuck at 187.

Kede: Good job keeping up with the exercise. Every little bit helps.

Mamakat: Aren't teens fun? Mine was in such a mood yesterday we all just left her alone. Safest plan of action in our house! A rat? You're a better mom than me!

Italiannie: Slow and steady wins the race. You didn't gain all your weight overnight, so you won't lose it overnight either. Hang in there...you're doing GREAT!

Diana: Sorry about the sneaky soy. Great job on bringing your own!

Berry: Can you imagine strapping on a 98lb suit? It certainly would be reaffirming to stay on plan! Enjoy your spinning class today.

Adalyn: Welcome to 3FC. Post in ways that work best for you!

berryblondeboys
01-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Hello all! Just back from spinning class. I'm all sweaty, but Ii feel great. hubby was so sweet. I had left my phone at home and during that time the alarm for signing up for tomorrow's class went off. I was hoping that I could still find a spot as it would be about an hour late for signing up. Well, since hubby heard the alarm going off, he went to the phone, saw it said: sign up for yoga at CG. Since that message was descriptive enough and because my iPad has my log in user name and password all set up, he was able to sign me up. Wasn't that nice?

Down another .4 on the scale. Now I'm 5.8 pounds from where I was from before the holiday gain. I'm surer by now that I'm working on the fat I gained and have already lost all the water I was holding. But I'm on track, the holidays didn't derail me and I'm feeling good.

BuffJim
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Just got back from my first Boot camp and first weigh in of the year. I'm down at least 6 lbs. On Nov 1 I was at 249, I lost a few, but then got up to at least 251 during the holidays. So I was glad to be at 245 today:) My sprained knee was well enough for Boot Camp today, though my instructor wouldn't let me do the 200 walking lunges everyone else got to do.

Hi Moondance - I love chocolate, too. I got my brother's family a pound of sponge candy yesterday as a late Christmas present. And of course I had to have a couple pieces.

BerryBlonde- Spin class sounds fun. Enjoy!

KaylaChristine
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
remi213 - Try doing a few short workouts throughout the day, maybe 10-15 minutes. No need to cause yourself pain! You will get stronger and be able to do longer ones in time! Trust me! Take it easy :) If you aren't careful you can injury yourself and set yourself back, I've been there and it stinks.

Moondance - I can't even buy chocolate, I have no self control :p

Breakfast:
English Muffin - 140 cal.
1/2 cup egg beaters - 60 cal.
1/2 slice cheese - 45 cal.
1 slice bacon - 45 cal.
Total= 290 cal.

Lunch:
Subway - 440 cal.
Yogurt - 150 cal.
Total= 590 cal.

Dinner:
Chicken Wrap. Calories TBA. I need at least 520 calories to meet 1400 for the day.

Exercise:
20 minutes Zumba at Lunch - DONE :D
40 minutes Zumba after work--I WILL do this.

I'm getting great control of my upper abdominal muscles. I'm going to post a pic soon of my stomach relaxing and then with me tightening them. So proud of myself.

Still not losing any pounds....*sigh* It'll eventually come off.

PeaceNLove
01-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone! I hope it's okay that I join in here. I just started my attempt at weight loss again and realized last night after a mini-binge (200 calories worth of Special K chips and a fruit snack (60 calories)) why these attempts never work out. I've always been trying to lose weight on 1200 calorie diets just because it's such a common number that I hear around diets:?:, but I seemed to have kept off 50lbs when I was just eating much healthier in general and adding in exercise as I pleased (I love jogging and biking). So now I've upped my calories to 1400-1500 because I'm at a much higher weight than I last started. I'm living in my college dorms so it's somewhat of a challenge for me. I don't have a scale but I'll do my first weigh in when I go home, which is actually kind of exciting. I hope the increase in my caloric intake will help keep this life change for healthier choices sustainable!

I just found out that the building next to me has a room with some elliptical machines in it so I've decided to go there a few times a week but my roommate was gone for the long weekend so today I danced to some Latin music in my room for about 35 minutes and it was sooo fun and I got a great workout. I'm so tired of the monotonous "diet and exercise regime." Hopefully I can make this last! I'm not in a rush after all!

I'll do my first post with my food/exercise tonight! Good luck everyone! :)

Berry: Your husband sounds so sweet! It must feel great to have someone that looks out for you and supports you. :)

ItsMyTurn
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
As promised... the "after" pics of my painted bedroom and master bath off my bedroom. They didn't allow enough uploads to do the "loo" room off the bathroom - but walls are the same color as the master bath bathing area :) Tons of work, but so glad to have flat white walls all gone!!!

berryblondeboys
01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
As promised... the "after" pics of my painted bedroom and master bath off my bedroom. They didn't allow enough uploads to do the "loo" room off the bathroom - but walls are the same color as the master bath bathing area :) Tons of work, but so glad to have flat white walls all gone!!!

Very nice and Incan imagine it's way nicer than white walls! I bet it was a lot of work too. We painted our kitchen dark in our old house. Even with two coats of primer, it took 3 top coats to get the depth of color!

I'll be painting these upcoming weeks too. We never painted our hallways and entry way as we wanted to wait until all shuffling around was done. Well, 1.75 years later and it's still waiting to be done. When my mil is gone these upcoming weeks, I figured it would be a good time to do it!

Diana3271
01-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Italiannie Congratulations! I think you have done an awesome job!

Mamakat Congrats on the 3.2 pounds for the week!

Kede Hi :wave: It's good to see you! Great job of staying on plan!

Moondance I can relate to the chocolate. Well, sweets in general. ;) For the most part, I have to stay away. If it's not in the house, I won't eat it.

Berry Great job on getting to the spinning class. Your DH is a sweetie! :love: Congrats on the .4.

BuffJim Congrats on the 6 pounds!

KaylaChristine Did you make the 2 Zumba classes today?

PeaceNLove Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Itsmyturn Wow! Those rooms are gorgeous! Great job!

Diana3271
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Total 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Dark Chocolate 100 calories ( I need to get rid of this ;))

Exercise:
Slim Series Cardio Sculpt Express w/#5's & #8's
TF HIIT 25
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Adalyn
01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Rawr.

I'm out of shape. Really out of shape. As in Level 1 on my new elliptical trainer for 20 minutes? Basically killing me. :D

I made 20 minutes yesterday.. but today I got to 8 minutes and I was ready to quit, seriously. I was dying and I was just gonna call it at 8 minutes.

But then I realized.. I don't have to stop.. I can just go slower.

And for some reason that option felt like failure to me. I feel like going more slowly is more of a failure than stopping entirely. How the heck did I get this idea in my head?! And I'm looking back on my history of exercise and I realize I've always felt this way. This is why I quit exercising early which leads to quitting exercise all together.

Taking a break.. going more slowly.. someone reassure me that these things are "ok" to do as long as you keep going? I need logical reassurance! :dizzy:

Part of me can't imagine the future, being any better than this. I can't picture it getting any easier..

ilovemo
01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow Diana.. menu sounds great ;-)

Diana3271
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Adalyn I promise you, if you keep working out you will build your endurance and stamina. Just be consistent with your exercise and diet and you will reach your goals.

Ilovemo Hi! :wave: My breakfast and lunch is normally the same thing most days. I totally love it though. I am not one to get bored easily. Dinner changes some.

mamakat
01-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Adalyn going slower is fine! Any movement is better than no movement. Take for instance, you want to get to the other side of the room. If you don't move, how far do you get? HA, you don't. Baby steps will you there slowly, but it still gets you there! Don't forget you did 20mins for the first time yesterday, owie muscles say 'this is new'. So of course their gonna say 'not again today'. But think of it as though they are young and just learning how. You don't make kids run a mile the first day of walking. Don't be hard on yourself or your body or your apt to fail. Today I went 8 mins, tomorrow I'm gonna try 9 maybe even 10. You can do this, just give yourself a chance :D

berryblondeboys
01-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Rawr.

I'm out of shape. Really out of shape. As in Level 1 on my new elliptical trainer for 20 minutes? Basically killing me. :D

I made 20 minutes yesterday.. but today I got to 8 minutes and I was ready to quit, seriously. I was dying and I was just gonna call it at 8 minutes.

But then I realized.. I don't have to stop.. I can just go slower.

And for some reason that option felt like failure to me. I feel like going more slowly is more of a failure than stopping entirely. How the heck did I get this idea in my head?! And I'm looking back on my history of exercise and I realize I've always felt this way. This is why I quit exercising early which leads to quitting exercise all together.

Taking a break.. going more slowly.. someone reassure me that these things are "ok" to do as long as you keep going? I need logical reassurance! :dizzy:

Part of me can't imagine the future, being any better than this. I can't picture it getting any easier..

When I started last January, I got super winded walking across a parking lot. I weighed 255. I started with walking in place on the wii balance board. That's it, stepping in place. Little by little I did more and more. Now I can do step aerobics and jump around. Now I can do most anything I want to (save bladder control issues due to a couple huge babies). But it didn't happen overnight. It happened slowly, but I lost more weight then than now because moving that big body took that much more energy.

We all have to start somewhere and it's usually not where we want it to be, but it can only get better, right?

berryblondeboys
01-16-2012, 11:05 PM
I was really hungry again today. This bites. Ate at 1750 calories today. I did do one hour of spinning which supposedly burned 900 calories, but I don't eat back calories burned, so it bugs me that I needed to eat more. It was good choices (almonds and a couple cheese sticks) but I would have loved to avoid the extra snacking, but I was afraid if I didn't eat something, I would then totally lose control and eat everything I shouldn't. Wonder why I'm hungry all of a sudden?

Anyway, besides being a bit higher in calories, it was a good day overall.

ilovemo
01-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Ilovemo Hi! :wave: My breakfast and lunch is normally the same thing most days. I totally love it though. I am not one to get bored easily. Dinner changes some.

I'm trying to be like you haha. I dont want to be changing up my menu too much.. I wanna stick to the same things pretty much so my calories stay consistent. I like ur menu though.. quick n fast. :T

Oh n dont cut out the choc ;) may i suggest dark choc with sea salt? its out of this world.

qtkitty
01-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Morning Weight 385.6 After breakfast

Breakfast
2 Blueberry Pancakes 412
Sub Total 412

Lunch
1 Reg Pumpkin Muffin 139
2 Prunes 50
Sub Total 189

Dinner
2 Servings Baked Ziti 692 ( I made this .. 346cal per serving no salt added not a ton of cheese .. and I made a 9X13inch caserole.. so this will be eaten on several times through the week.. we ate what would not fit in the caserole tonight *lol*.. i just hope mom doesn't reheat all of it and add more cheese)
2 Servings Steamer Green Bean and Potato 240
1 Jumbo Pumpkin Muffins V2 278
Sub Total 1210

Daily Total 1811

Water 72oz

This weekend has been carb city.. I need to get out of this funk this week and get over what every this crud is. My back and knee feel better today. My thumbs are still killing me, but hopefully tomorrow that will go away.

Mamakat~ Oh it is a nice triangle right at my ankle, but no swelling or real pain now from it. It is actually changing colors so that is a good sign. I do not want her to do it again for sure. She is constantly told not to stand on chairs or jump on people ( usually me who is in the line of fire there). She has this Evil Kanevil streak, which she sure did not get from me.

Adalyn~ Welcome … People being judgmental .. Never *sarcasm*..I have people everyday tell me how and what I should eat.. Do I listen no *lol* which is probably a good thing since I am still working on the “no thank you“. I have yet to have anyone express judgment on my food choices on here at least… I also keep a word doc on my computer with my food choices and I have a large desk calendar that I keep my weight and general food and totally daily calorie intake so that I can see it all together. I also started a lily slim chart for my weight. Right now I am hoping to figure out why I have upward spikes every once and awhile. Basically I am feeling my way around and you should do the same do what feels right and works for you.

Oh and as for going slower in exercise … its getting up and getting moving that is the number one important thing.. Do not base your success at exercising on someone else’s exercise. I did some of P90X ( pylo kicked my kester) … and Tony Thornton says it perfectly “Do your best and forget the rest.” Did I keep up with the people on the video during majority of the excercises.. heck no..but I was dripping with sweat and my muscles were "singing" and it was a good hour where I was not sitting on the couch like a lump.

Remi213~ Congratulations on saying no thank you… that is a real hard thing to do at times… sometimes I feel like I am being rude, but then I have to think of myself too.

Moondance~ Have you tried Hershey’s Specialty Dark Chocolate Baking Powder? I kid you not it is not bitter like regular Baking Powder. I used to put it in the powdered drinks ,I used to drink, all the time because it satisfied my chocolate demon. If you drink coffee or something you could put a little in it and try it. There are “happy” hormones that chocolate release, not unlike exercise or sex ( yeah I said it ). Once I get into candy I tend not to stop, but then when it is out of sight it is out of mind. Or in my case more out of my mouth out of my … errrr… mouth ? ( I have a Ferrara Dark Chocolate Orange sitting right by my lab top here.. My dd has eaten more of it than I have.. I am not sure if I am a gluten for punishment or if knowing its there if I really need it then it makes it ok.. If that makes since)

PeaceNLove~ Do your college dorms allow you to cook in your room and do they have mini fridges? If they do a small crock pot/versa cooker or grill may be just the ticket, to get away from “boring“ diet foods. Spices and herbs are our friends. I know its becoming more common for dorm rooms to have mini fridges.

ItsMyTurn~ Your house is gorgeous!!

mamakat
01-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's super early here, I couldn't sleep anymore. No wonder, as I slept ALL day yesterday. I have no idea why and not sure how, but I woke up for dinner and went right back to bed. I was exhausted for no reason. Today I have no choice to sleep even if I wanted to...kid go back to school! And it's Tuesday and it's snowing. I'm secretly hoping that New Haven will be shut down or at the very least, people will stay home so I can find parking :)

qtkitty I'm glad the bruise is changing colors, that does sound like a good sign. I'm sorry about the body pain...even the thumbs? I get hand pain a lot (I had 2 hand surgeries in 2010 with no guarantees) it's weird dealing with pain no one really gets :shrug: Hope it goes away soon. I have 2 kids and the were both opposite. One (my son/eldest) was meek and sweet and quiet. The other, was (well her nickname is the devil) a terror (still is). She's been to the hospital a couple of times and the even got stitches which would have freaked her sweet brother out if it was him. She's crashed a lot and gets up with tears then basically swears it off (without swear words) and goes on with her day. But I gotta laugh, once my son who is ADHD was bopping down our stairs and this house is old and built with no codes, he bopped up as he hit the last step where just above the ceiling comes down (for no reason) and is mostly metal (who built this place). Knock him down, he got such an egg AND he left a dent in the ceiling. OMG, what kids do. We still laugh. He bops a whole lot less :rofl:

peace I know nothing about college. I was going to ask if they had a gym, but a room full of elipticals sounds great. Dance your pants off if you can, I always say (ok, that's not true :p). When the mood strikes though, you can see me dancing (even in the streets or on the boardwalk) I love music!

moondance I never craved chocolate, but now that I am doing the low carb dieting, it seems the only thing I can get that's sweet. I'm glad Atkins makes a lot of products now otherwise, I'd go insane without sweets. I can't stand dark chocolate (which of course is what they recommend) but I like qtkitty's suggestion on chocolate in my coffee and if I can remember to get some while at the dreaded store today, I think I'll try. But if you like the dark stuff, it's recommended by doctors.

Berry glad you got the cycling in and wow, can I have your DH. I love mine and he's a super cook, but omg if my alarm went off and I forgot my phone? He would have ignored the whole thing then yelled at me for being a dork for leaving it home. So cool that your DH did that. Mine can't take a written hint :rofl: Shh, you didn't hear that from me :lol:

Diana :wave: good morning and thanks you. I have no idea how that 3 came off, but I'm sure glad it did. Now for another 3 and I'll be biting my nails...so close :D

ItsMyTurn gorgeous. Our first home looks a lot like yours (we lived in the Awatuke area) and for the first year living there, I didn't know how to drive so I was stuck home all day. OMG, white walls will drive a person insane. We were young and didn't really know we could paint the house a different color :lol: so I started stenciling sunflowers. Well fast forward to this old house and a 2 year old artiste and you get lovingly drawings in crayon, pen, markers and pencils. From then on, I realized, I can do whatever I want to my own darn house. Even after painting though, I ended up birthing another stinking artiste. I'm still finding smiling faces around after all these years :) Your rooms are beautiful.

Well my hour of silence is tick tick ticking away and my coffee is ready to consume. Guess who has a lot of laundry to do :rofl: So once the kittens are at school, me and old laptop (actual name is Gaia) will head down stairs and do our chores while fixing the ick I wrote yesterday. Ugh, I was tired, I wrote babble and I knew it at the time because I stopped mid thought, it was so horrible. :p

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

ItsMyTurn
01-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Melissa - thank you. I would definitely think when your MIL is gone would be a great time to do it - especially with her un-asked for opinions, lol. As of Jan. 10, we have been in the house a year, but still working to get the rooms all done... we got 5 done last year, but once the AZ heat hits, the painting comes to a stand still. :) The deeper hues (especially red, in my experience) are totally **** to do, but look so rich and warm once done. I wait for the "house to talk to me" and let me know the colors that will go... not literally... but once lived in for a bit, it helps with indecision :)

Diana - Thank you so much :)

Adalyn - the more you do, the more your stamina builds, the better you feel. It sooo gets better!!! First time on elliptical, I made it 7 minutes and just couldn't make it further... now... I am a workout nut - I love the way it makes me feel, I love the adrenaline rush that you can get on cardio, and if I can't workout due to time, I turn into a grumpy bear, :lol: Who woulda thought??

qtkitty - Thank you so much for your compliment :) We are getting there slowly - have yet to landscape the backyard yet, but now I have an idea of what I want, so going to see how much of that I can get done this year too :) One step at a time I guess - I have a lifetime to do it!

Mamakat - we are a bit further south (of course according to interstate it's east...not) of Ahwatukee. If I could drive straight to ahwatukee and not hit mountains, it would be a fast drive, but because we have to go around mountains, ends up being about a 20 min drive with no traffic, LOL! I drive to Phoenix daily for work - quite a commute, but so worth it to live where we do. Thank you for your compliments on the rooms... I think it's the only thing that will make this house seem "real" to me. We owned in Maine, but it had smaller rooms, even though a big house... this one is my dream home and I didn't even initially want to buy - but with the market the way it was, was foolish not to... so got my dream home and it doesn't seem like "ours" yet

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 08:43 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
No Change (3 Days)

I am still 1.6 pounds over what I was Christmas day. That was the first day of our vacation. On a positive, I've lost 6 pounds of vacation gain/allergic reaction (whatever nonsense I have had going on) since January 1. :carrot: I am also reducing my dosage of antihistamine a little. My nose and face are getting dry. :lol:

ItsMyTurn
01-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Diana - I am glad you are starting to be less swollen from ... err... Christmas/allergies/mysterious water-holding stupidness :lol: That is great news that you are able to cut down antihistamine a bit :)

Good morning to you too!!!

berryblondeboys
01-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Morning all, no change with the weight this morning, but that is ok. Can't have downward movement EVERY day! And after dh was so nice to sign me up for yoga, I have to cancel. I forgot that kids get out early today and right when this class happens. Can't even have the big one walk as its pouring rain.... Where is the darn snow? On Facebook I see it snowed in the northwest last night, snowed in the Midwest in Iowa (where I'm from) and its snowing in the northeast? Us here in the dc area? Rain all night and this morning. Yuck! January rain!

Not sure what or if I'll do any exercising today. Mil leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks, so I'm sure she'll have stuff for me to do too.

berryblondeboys
01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Ok, changed the plan, but still taking yoga today, just this evening with dh. Seems I only want to do that class if he can do it with me. Moral support maybe?

nevaeh1984
01-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone, I'm back after my xmas vacations! And i brought an extra 5lbs with me!!! :(

Xmas was what it was, and I deserve all the extra weight, not too bothered as I know it will come back off soon enough ;)

I've restarted my healthy lifestyle and as of today I have 100 days to hit goal weight or get as close to it as possible! I've gotten off to a great restart: on plan with food and exercise, and an epic achievement: I've found a gym that has Zumba classes that are in English! I'm going for my trial on Thursday, hope it goes well because I'd love to do some group exercise, because I work out alone. In fact the only other people I know that are actually doing anything about their health/weight are here! It's what you get for living in the land of the skinny!

Anyway, good luck to everyone! Keep strong and positive and hope to see everyone hitting their goals!

Moondance
01-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Happy Tuesday! :D

Well, I started this post over 3 hours ago...got distracted and I'm just now getting back to it, momentarily. So just a fly-by today. I did read everyone's posts, so I'm caught up, I just don't have time to reply. I may try again later.

Scale is the same. Stayed OP yesterday, just a few calories over (from too much Chicken Tortilla Soup).

Have a great, OP day everyone!

ItsMyTurn
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Melissa - So glad you are getting company for your yoga! How cool is that?! Sounds like your schedule shifted to accomodate, but well worth it! Your scale has been moving down a bunch lately, one day holding still is nothing :)

nevaeh - Welcome back! Great to see you! Wow, a zumba class in English over there? Maybe there is enough americans that are placed there.... or... others are wanting the extra English practice... either way, super happy dance !!! :dance:

Moondance - Great to see you, even for a fly by! :wave: I am with you on the holding scale while being OP.... but... if we tag each other enough in the "OP" category, we are bound to see the numbers on the scale change eventually :D

BuffJim
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello everybody. Rainy day here in western NY, but warm at 45 degrees. I have exercised 6 days in a row. Taking off today because I just joined a men's group bible study at my church that meets on Tuesdays. I did 2 days on the cycling machine at the gym, 2 times cross country skiing for an hour, 1 evening walking for 40 minutes, and boot camp yesterday for 45 minutes. Just have to keep that up. Eating has been pretty much on plan.

I usually weigh myself after boot camp, which is Monday and Wednesdays.

Keep up the good work everyone!

berryblondeboys
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Holy moly guys and gals, I found a true before just now. Eek! I was looking for a specific photo and can't find it, but I found others equally scary. I never really saw myself for as huge as I was! I'll be sharing in my blog tomorrow, but wow...

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Qtkitty I'm glad to hear that your back and knee is better.

Mamakat You are so close now! :carrot: How did it go in New Haven today?

Itsmyturn I hope you have a great day!

Berry Has your DH ever taken a yoga class? I hope you two have a great time. I will check your blog out when you post your pictures. When I first started my journey, this time, I thought my high weight was 260's or something like that. I went to the doctor and they had recorded me at 292. I about freaked because I didn't know I had gotten back up that high again. That was a shocker for me.

Nevaeh Hi and Welcome back! :wave: Congrats on finding the gym!

Moondance Hi :wave: Nothing wrong with maintaining.

BuffJim Awesome workouts!

berryblondeboys
01-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Diana Sven did yoga with me last week. It was fun doing it together. We also do BodyPump together a lot of the time.

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Berry I knew about the BodyPump classes, but I didn't know he went with you to the yoga class last week. I think that's great!

GainingWeightInLa
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
::sneaks in back door:: ::looks around sheepishly:: Ahem! Excuse me, folks......can I re-join? lol Believe it or not, I've been on track since I left here many months ago......I'm about to go change my ticker. I haven't lost a lot, but I've stayed on track. I'm back because it's becoming increasingly hard to move the beastly scales in the correct direction and I'm hoping this place is still as motivational as it once was to me. :) You guys remember me, right? (I actually only see a couple familiar faces.....)

GainingWeightInLa
01-17-2012, 07:18 PM
BTW, I left here in August 2011 at 183 and am rejoining (if it's okay) at 177.......WOW......VERY slow progress! lol My total loss for 2011 was 57 lbs, though! :)

Encourage me, folks! I could use it somethin' fierce!!

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
::sneaks in back door:: ::looks around sheepishly:: Ahem! Excuse me, folks......can I re-join? lol Believe it or not, I've been on track since I left here many months ago......I'm about to go change my ticker. I haven't lost a lot, but I've stayed on track. I'm back because it's becoming increasingly hard to move the beastly scales in the correct direction and I'm hoping this place is still as motivational as it once was to me. :) You guys remember me, right? (I actually only see a couple familiar faces.....)

Diana Hi and Welcome back! :wave: It's good to see you again. Great job staying on track! What have you been up to?

ilovemo
01-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Snacking all day today.. healthy though ;)

Meal 1- Vita muffin (100) skim milk (140)
Snack- String cheese (80)
Snack- 1 nectarine n some bing cherries ( 100 calories )
Snack - Peach oolong iced tea (0 ! :) ) 20 almonds (102)
Snack- Snap pea crisps (100) Tuna salad (100)
Meal 2- 1 grilled chicken breast (200 cals) 8 wheat crackers (60) 2 tbsp hummus (60 cals) Choc truffle (60)

I srsly feel like Ive been eating all day, I overestimate my calories if Im not sure of it.. and im still at 1102 cals. LOVE IT :)

Italiannie
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone! I had a fender bender this morning, so spent the day talking to my insurance company and waiting for the tow company. I stayed on plan, although I did get into a little bit of stress eating (nothing I can't compensate for, and certainly not as bad as it would have in the past).

I haven't even read everyone's posts yet - and I really look forward to that every day. I will get to it later.

I did get my walk in today.

Anyways, I never got around to weighing in. So, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Take care everyone!

mamakat
01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Good Evening All,

Diana LA nice to see you again. I always wonder how you're doing. Glad you have been on track, even if slow you're still doing super. How have you been?

Diana New Haven wasn't so bad. There was one spot in their lot, yay for parking. Then I remembered I was supposed to get my blood drawn two days ago so I mozied over there and then to the store. Looks like it will take some time to move me to S&S from Walgreen's but they'll accommodate me if it's not in a day. I'm totally out of Levoxyl. I always run out. Then I shopped, but only for bathroom products :p

Berry how was yoga, did you get it in?

Italiannie I hope all is well and that the insurance stuff gets settled soon.

BuffJim awesome job on the exercise. Very nice!

ilovemo it all looks good to me :)

I reworked some stuff this morning and did two loads of laundry. I'm going to work on some more laundry while DH cooks dinner then we'll see next move. Tuesdays are exhausting for me, so glad when they're over :)

I hope everyone has a great night.

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Tonight we ventured out to a new hamburger restaurant in town. Of course this is scary for me. I looked at their online menu. I decided to order the Mahi Taco's. It was suppose to have different types of sauces seasonings. But I was going to order it without all of that. I went there with my own sauce. I made it with Greek Yogurt, thinned with water, and salt free taco seasoning. When we got there I placed my order. I told the waitress about my allergy. I asked what type of oil they used and she confirmed they fry in soybean oil. :yikes: I knew then I couldn't take even a bite of DH's food. Hopefully my food didn't come into contact with soybean oil. I about freaked when she said they use soybean oil. DH doesn't want to go back there anymore, anyways. The big thing is that I brought my own sauce. My exposure has got to be less than if I had eaten their sauce like I normally would. We'll see how it goes.

Ilovemo I have some peach oolong tea, too. That's good stuff!

Italiannie Oh, no! Did you get hurt in the accident? I hope not and hope you are not sore tomorrow. Take care of yourself.

Mamakat Can you put your Levoxyl on automatic order? The thyroid controls everything in your body and so important. I'm glad everything went well in New Haven. Not too much drama. ;)

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 Calories
My own sauce (it's less calories than what I am showing) 100 Calories

Exercise:
10 Pound Slimdown Kickbox Cardio w/weighted gloves
KCM's TLC Conditioning workout w/weighted gloves

ItsMyTurn
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Diana - Thank you for asking... my day at work was crap - one bomb after another. The good part of that is that is kept me super busy so didn't even think about food, :lol: Since getting home, it's been super nice. DH made me a salad and then took the oldest 2 to the store... they are still gone. The youngest decided she was tired and went to bed... so a quiet, relaxing bubble bath for momma! I know, I should have worked out... but... a BUBBLE BATH with NO INTERRUPTIONS :D I couldn't resist!

Diana3271
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
BUBBLE BATH with NO INTERRUPTIONS :D I couldn't resist!

Itsmyturn Ahh, sounds nice! :beach: You deserve it!

I hear you on the bombs at work! I had a day like that last week. From the time I got to work until I left there was one drama after another! ;) Keeps things interesting to say the least!

Enjoy your down time!

mamakat
01-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Diana I'm not sure what the grocery store offers as far as ordering, DH says it should be like Walgreen's once I'm in the system. I only had a bottle with refills, as I'm on a set dose (higher than it should be which allows leeway). Pharmacist said it will take them time to call Walgreen's and confirm original prescription and then all should be good. I have one pill for tomorrow, so I'm okay for that amount of time. Sometimes, I miss days, but doc said no more than twice a week, I should be fine because of the higher dose. So hopefully I'll get a call for pick up tomorrow. And I hope for the automatic refill like I had with Walgreen's. I wish my other meds worked that way, but shrink is always going up and down and one you can't get refills.

qtkitty
01-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Morning Weight 384.8

Breakfast
1 Reg, Pumpkin Muffin V2 139
1 Banana 150
Sub Total 289

Lunch
1 Multi grain Thin Bun 100
2 oz Smoked Ham 60
1 slice Swiss cheese 70
1 c strawberries 46
Sub Total 276

Dinner
Baked Ziti 346
Salad (romaine, artesian red lettuce, iceberg, 1 cherry tomato [dd ate the rest off my salad ] red wine vinegar, Garlic and Herb Mrs. Dash) 30
1 Reg, Pumpkin Muffin V2 139
1c. Mussleman’s natural unsweetened apple sauce ( Added cinnamon ) 100
1 slice Cinnamon Raisin Bread 80

Sub Total 695

Daily Total 1260

Water 168 most w/ lemon

Literally bounced out of bed this morning. I felt fine as if none of the pain in the muscles had happened. So strange, but sooooo glad to not hurt anymore.

Mamakat~ I know pain well .. I had mono when I was younger .. It was a pretty bad case.. I couldn’t eat solids and had trouble with liquids ( including my own saliva ) could not sleep laying down because my air way would totally close off… couldn’t complete sentences or walk a straight line. Anyway after I was over the hard stuff and started getting “better” came the pain. I took 2 alive every 12 hours and still would crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep because it hurt. I went to my doctor and told him about the pain. I was told it was all in my head. I couldn’t do anything but cry. Over time and I learned how far I can push my body and what the signals are that I am getting over stressed. I have learned how to deal with it and keep from hurting that bad anymore. Sometimes I do over stress myself and it takes awhile to get back into the swing so I do not hurt again.

My dd lucky has not broken anything yet * knocks on every piece of wood close by *lol* she did crack her front teeth in half when she was little on a metal chair, she has had multiple bruises and cuts, but nothing major. Majority of the time she gets up and keeps going and you have to stop her to check her out. Worse yet most of it was with her feet on the ground and not her doing some crazy climbing thing or jumping off something. Obviously she has enough since to jump on something soft …. Like me *lol*

BTW Nice new pic …I like the hair!!

ItsMyTurn~ yes a whole life time… and then if you do not like it you can change it around … paint and plants aren’t permanent unless you want them to be and well can keep the plants alive

Diana~ Thank you.. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that no soy got into your food

GainingWeightInLa~ Come on in the waters fine .. *s*

Italiannie~ Geeze I hope you are feeling okay and did not get hurt!

mamakat
01-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Day two of making my own coffee, what's with that? :p DH has to work with the Coke plant all week so I won't see a lot of him, they are very demanding. I always tell him to bring me back a soda, but he never does :lol: Thurs, yikes tomorrow, he's working third shift. I like how he told me, like I would know what third shift is, hello I haven't worked for nearly 20 years! and the jobs I had didn't come in "shifts". All I know is he starts in the evening and ends sometime Friday. And this is because he's the boss and can work whenever he wants :rofl: who wants to work then? My DH speaks a foreign language sometimes...I have no idea what he's talking about. :p

This morning while waiting for said coffee, I added two chapters to the main manuscript and total is 106K and some change. I love words :D the more the merrier in writing a novel. More laundry today. I didn't make calories again yesterday, but it was Tues, and I rarely do. I will try my best today :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

LittleBrownBike
01-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone!! Only my second day here at 3FC and I love it already.

I knew yesterday was going to be a crazy day so I stuck a couple of ham and cheese sandwhiches into my bag and some leftovers.. this is how the day turned out

6:30 am
1 slice of white bread, 1 slice of american cheese, 2 slices of blackforest ham

9:30 am

11:00 am

1:00 pm
small portion of leftover flatbread lasagna - it had ricotta and mozarella cheese, sausage and jarred sauce with flatbread instead of lasagna noodles

6:30 pm
1 cup white rice, 1 fried egg and 1/2 cup leftover steak and 10 oz coke

7:30 pm
1/2 cup chocolate chip ice cream

I didn't drink very much water during the day, maybe only about 20 oz throughout

At 5:06 I did a 1.17 mile bike ride with my dogs, that took me 8:57 minutes and then I dropped them off and did a 4.15 mile bike ride that took me 24:30. I only take the dogs every other day so today I get a solo bike ride which is much more productive...

Considering my usual day includes 3 or 4 cokes and a chocolate bar or two and usually some kind of fried food for lunch, I think this was a big improvement...

Diana3271
01-18-2012, 08:25 AM

Continuation of my drama. No need to read if you get bored easily. ;) I am writing this out for my own benefit and thought process.
Well, my body isn't liking something. I will just have to fight through whatever this is. If my body is still dealing with an allergy, which I'm sure it is, since it takes time to go through the process. I haven't been to the bathroom in 2 days. This is not like me. If I am dealing with an allergy I will not lose weight, I will only bounce around with water weight. This is one of the reasons that I liked for my weight to drop. If it dropped down below my range, and I had a reaction, my weight would still be OK. I gained a few pounds during the holidays, which put my weight a little higher. Now, with an allergic reaction, my weight is on the upper end of what I like. I am 100% on plan. I just have to keep working my plan and trying to eliminate whatever I think I am allergic to.

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.4
Up: .8

Diana3271
01-18-2012, 08:26 AM
LittleBrownBike Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Welcome back Diana in la! Might be slow progress, but it is still progress and not a regain and that is a huge success right there!

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Down a measly .2 on the scale, but hey, it's downward movement at least!

Yoga last night was completely different than last Thursday. Let Thursday it was like a real class with meditation, turned down lights, holding poses for a long time, etc. this one had the lights up and we learned the names and poses, but we didnt hold them for long. Last Thrusday the instructor went around and helped adjust poses if you were doing them wrong. This instructor didn't... And so on. I liked last Thursday better as it felt more like a workout. My husband liked yesterday's better because he felt he learned more.... But did he learn it correctly, that's the problem.

Doing a double express class tonight, so 1.5 hours - half strength and half step.

LittleBrownBike
01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Diana and thanks!

ItsMyTurn
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Itsmyturn Ahh, sounds nice! :beach: You deserve it!

I hear you on the bombs at work! I had a day like that last week. From the time I got to work until I left there was one drama after another! ;) Keeps things interesting to say the least!

Enjoy your down time!

It was total, utter H.E.A.V.E.N! After the bath, I tended my hair, my feet, even got in a facial before the other 3 got home! From there, no turning back, slipped into my cozy jammies and relaxed. It was wonderful. Though tonight it does mean I MUST get in a workout, even just cardio... something. Yesterday at work was one system after another going down, then some of our contracted folks that do services had issues with phones and systems going down = very angry people calling and not happy. Today I had one mishap with a system already, but otherwise we seem to be MUCH smoother *knock on wood* How is this week at work for you? Better than last? I have a ton to catch up on, but know it will get done by day's end :) Keeps us busy!

ItsMyTurn
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
qtkitty - Have you ever thought maybe of Fibromyalgia? It's from over-stimulated nerves and it causes constant pain. Having a trauma to your body (such as a bad mono sickness) can bring it on and it gets worse in spurts - which sounds like yours does. It also gets worse when you are emotional cause your body is confused with its reactions and it ends up triggering in brain to send out to nerve endings... which causes more pain. It can commonly go undiagnosed for quite sometime... I would seek another doctor out and suggest the symptoms and see what they say - I would never stand for someone telling me something is in my head when I FEEL it to be real. They have medicines now that can help dull those nerve endings when you flare so that you don't have to suffer the same level of pain. Just a thought?

Mamakat - DH makes my morning coffee usually too. When I have to do it, I worry that he is sick, LOL! I can't make coffee without having coffee first! LOL!

Diana - I am not sure what you would be allergic to, but if holding up your... ummm... "emptying process", might I suggest Magnesium and Acidopholus added to your morning vitamin ritual until things clear out? They both help with colon function (magnesium also helps to clean and soften), and the acidopholus is actually a good immunity booster too, so a win-win

Melissa - Be proud of that .2.... that is great! You have been losing consistently on a daily basis (other than yesterday) - I feel lucky if I lose .2 in a week! :lol: Way to go on your workout! Maybe you both can find a yoga class that is a happy medium between the two? :)

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
It was total, utter H.E.A.V.E.N! After the bath, I tended my hair, my feet, even got in a facial before the other 3 got home! From there, no turning back, slipped into my cozy jammies and relaxed. It was wonderful. Though tonight it does mean I MUST get in a workout, even just cardio... something. Yesterday at work was one system after another going down, then some of our contracted folks that do services had issues with phones and systems going down = very angry people calling and not happy. Today I had one mishap with a system already, but otherwise we seem to be MUCH smoother *knock on wood* How is this week at work for you? Better than last? I have a ton to catch up on, but know it will get done by day's end :) Keeps us busy!

Awesome "me" time! Totally worth a night like that even when it isn't such a disaster day as yours sounded. Hoping your day stays better!

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Everyone! I had a fender bender this morning, so spent the day talking to my insurance company and waiting for the tow company. I stayed on plan, although I did get into a little bit of stress eating (nothing I can't compensate for, and certainly not as bad as it would have in the past).

I haven't even read everyone's posts yet - and I really look forward to that every day. I will get to it later.

I did get my walk in today.

Anyways, I never got around to weighing in. So, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Take care everyone!

Ick on the fender bender, but good for you for not making it a total cave in day. You even got some exercise. Good for you!

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 02:49 PM
I reworked some stuff this morning and did two loads of laundry. I'm going to work on some more laundry while DH cooks dinner then we'll see next move. Tuesdays are exhausting for me, so glad when they're over.

I did two loads yewterday too. Why am I so proud of myself when I do laundry before being reminded to do it? And why do I hate it so much? It's not like it's super labor intensive like in the old days, but man I hate it!

Tonight we ventured out to a new hamburger restaurant in town. Of course this is scary for me. I looked at their online menu. I decided to order the Mahi Taco's. It was suppose to have different types of sauces seasonings. But I was going to order it without all of that. I went there with my own sauce. I made it with Greek Yogurt, thinned with water, and salt free taco seasoning. When we got there I placed my order. I told the waitress about my allergy. I asked what type of oil they used and she confirmed they fry in soybean oil. :yikes: I knew then I couldn't take even a bite of DH's food. Hopefully my food didn't come into contact with soybean oil. I about freaked when she said they use soybean oil. DH doesn't want to go back there anymore, anyways. The big thing is that I brought my own sauce. My exposure has got to be less than if I had eaten their sauce like I normally would. We'll see how it goes.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to constantly worry about how something was prepared and to avoid all legumes in the United States is hard! Hopefully whatever reaction you arre having now will pass soon.

KaylaChristine
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Ugh. Day SEVEN of TOM. It's in full force and shows no sign of stopping :( It is usually only four days. I wonder how long before my hormones straighten out from the birth control switch. The hormone pills start back up on Sunday, hopefully it will be over by then :(

I've been pretty consistant with my workouts and my eating this week...maybe I'll have a loss soon :)

Oh and I keep discovering more and more about my body! My stomach does not do well with the Great Value Light Nonfat Yogurt that is 80 calories, but does well with the Low-Fat ones for 150 calories. I haven't examined the exact differences between them, but I'll take feeling better over the lower cals any day :) At least now I know not to buy those anymore.

ilovemo
01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Okay so today.. Im planning ahead.

Breakfast- 1/2 cut of oatmeal w/1 cup skim milk & nutella (200) didnt eat most of it though =\

Snack one- String cheese (80)

Lunch - 1/2 turkey sandwich with 1 slice of bread (80) 1/2 slice of pepper jack (45) vesuvio turkey (50) mustard (5) & some air pop chips (70)

Snack two (preworkout) - 1 nectarine (65) some bing cherries (40)

Dinner- Subway veggie delight 6 inch (470)

Snack- Dark choc truffle (60)

TOTAL = 1165

Grand totalll = 1095

BuffJim
01-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone -

BerryBlonde and Mamakat,

I just love laundry night - which is tomorrow. It's a pain, because I go to the laundromat. I was a homeowner for almost 20 years, but in June I moved into an apartment and sold my house. Many things are nicer, no lawn to cut, or driveway to shovel, or maintenance or gas bills. But laundry is not so nice, nor is smelling the downstairs neighbors 2nd hand smoke:mad:.

Italiannie

sorry to hear about the Fender Bender. There's never a good time for that.

I had another good weigh in today, down 3, almost 4 pounds. I'm calling it 3, to sandbag a little and use that 3/4 pound some other time when I need it. I know I won't keep losing at this pace for too long, but it is encouraging while it lasts. Next weigh in is Monday.

ItsMyTurn
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Melissa - It sure was nice, thank you :)

KaylaChristine - Isn't it amazing the small things we discover that make such a huge difference with us? A different brand, a new additive...anything. Sorry to hear of the hormone battle... hopefully will straighten out for ya soon

Ilovemo - I couldn't survive on that amount of food. :) I don't do kettle corn, I do hot air popcorn though, yummers :)

Jim - :wave: Hi there! Congrats on such a great loss! That's a good boost in motivation to keep going for sure! :D

ilovemo
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
^ Haha yeah I know it seems like very little.. but I seriously feel like im always eating because I eat every hour or two so although its little, theres always something im crunching on. I enjoy eating like this instead of three square meals because I dont feel deprived at all. :)

Italiannie
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Everyone, I just want you all to know that you are really important to me. I have wonderful friends and family, but no one really wants to hear about my daily weight struggles. So......:wave: THANKS.

Anyway, Due to my little bit of stress eating, I was up 1.4 this morning, but I had a great day on plan today, so it will come right off. Just feel like I may have lost this week, but it is what it is.

BuffJim - I'm in the Albany area. I feel like we never see what you guys do for winter weather. Great job on your weight loss.

Itsmyturn - It does sound like heaven. You're so smart to take that time for yourself. It sounds like you have lots going on all the time, so very good to feel pampered once in a while.

Diana - Wow, it seems like you've been dealing with this for quite a while now. Have you had allergy problems in the past? Could you have a low grade virus or something? Whatever it is, I hope you get it resolved soon. Take care of yourself.

Berry - I think you're doing great. You're like the energizer bunny.

Littlebrownbike - Welcome!

Mamakat - Hi!

ilovemo - Keep going, make sure you eat enough.

Everyone else - Hi, I know I missed people.

Diana3271
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Qtkitty I'm glad to hear you felt good yesterday. I hope it continues. Great job on posting your foods every day!

Mamakat What brand of coffee do you like? I have been liking Carabou Columbian. I get that on sale buy one get one free. I bought a bag of the new Starbuck's Blonde roast this week. I had a coupon for this one. I love it! Now I need to figure out how to get it buy one get one free and be able to use a coupon! :lol: I used to only be able to drink low acid coffee. Now I am better, so I am trying new coffees. Great job on making progress with your writing.

LittleBrownBike Congrats on making improvements and for getting that bike ride in!

Berry Great job on the .2. They add up! That's all that matters. I hope you made it to your class tonight.

Itsmyturn The phones and systems sound like a nightmare. I am keeping busy at work. I feel kinda stressed because I am trying to get stuff together for our CPA for the business and us personally. I think I will feel a lot better once that is over. ;) Thanks for the ideas. I used to use the probiotics, but stopped when this allergy thing started. I started eating yogurt. I need to look into the probiotics again, though. I do take magnesium. Something crazy. When I have this allergy like this, nothing works to help move things along for some reason. It's like my body just shuts down. Crazy! I finally went this morning, although it wasn't like it normally is. It's still progress, though. ;) Maybe something is getting better.

KaylaChristine Isn't it funny how the body reacts to different brands/foods. Sorry about TTOM. I hope it ends soon, for you.

Ilovemo Hi :wave:

Buffjim Congrats on your weigh in!

qtkitty
01-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Morning Weight 383.8

Breakfast
1 English Muffin 100
1/2c egg beaters 60
Veg 35
Course Ground mustard 5
Sub Total 200

Lunch
Whole Wheat tortilla 130
3 oz Chicken w/ Veg, peppers, salsa, and cumin 180
2 Tbsp Greek Sour Cream 39 / only ate half 20
Salad ( 3 cherry Tomatoes, romaine, artesian red lettuce, Iceberg, 1 Tbsp balsamic Vinaigrette, 1tsp chopped dates) 60
Sub Total 390

Dinner
DQ Chicken Strip Basket 1270 ( bad bad girl)
Sub Total 1270

Daily Total 1860

Water 156 w/lemon

ItsMyTurn~ I figured it must be chronic fatigue syndrome. I knew a woman well before I had mono who had CFS because of mono. She was a consultant and would travel for her job, but sometimes that stressed out her body and she would have to go as soon as possible to the hotel and rest. Emotions can trigger mine, but also if I get sick or stay up late when I have to get up early the next morning especially if it is multiple nights in a row. It gets triggered basically with any stress. As long as I take vitamins, do not drink to much caffeine, and do not stay up late at night ( which is hard because I am a night owl) I do not get to far gone, unless something traumatic happens or if I happen to do more then one of those at any one time. If that happens I get stiffness in my joints and it feels like they are wind burned inside and bleeding. That is the only way I can really describe it. The pain can be anything from irritating to not able to sleep or really focus on what you need to get done. When it acts up I normally get sleepy and I forget words like I did when I had mono( my mom also says I slightly slur my words, but I do that if dd cries to much for some reason her crying sets the nerves in my incisors crazy and then try and told my lips over my teeth when I talk because they hurt.. A dentist said that this is something that is common with motherhood .. Cruel joke in my opinion mother nature ) too which is why I thought CFS.

Diana3271
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Total Approx 1490 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Bread 150 calories
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 Calories
2 Orders Steamed Broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Lower Body w/#10's 20 minutes
TF HIIT 30
TF Fire 30

ItsMyTurn
01-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Ilovemo - I am glad you don't have the feeling of deprivation... I try to spread my food out for that very reason..and sometimes have a hard time to eat everything I logged, so understand... still doesn't look like much though, :lol: My kids love love love them some of that string cheese though :)

Italiannie - I have no doubt that extra will come off without a struggle ;)

Diana - I swear by my probiotics... and don't have the option of doing yogurt with acidopholus due to the lactose content (dairy)... but used to do that... still think the supplement works better for me though. Have even missed out on 2 illnesses that went around our house, I never got them..not bad considering my RA is also an immune deficiency disease :)

qtkitty - that is a possibility, but still sounds a lot like Fibromyalgia. If you end up having a fall or hit your hand, does it make it worse? My very close and dear friend (she calls herself my adopted mom) has it and it's **** at times... earlier on though, there were also days you couldn't tell anything was wrong. She also slurs when in a flare (don't know what else to call it) and it would cause her to try to nap during the day cause she couldn't sleep well at night when pain was going on... though the naps were usually unsuccessful as well - which consequently made her feel dragged out, it would make her more emotional (wouldn't anyone be when over tired?) and it would make it worse. Once she got put on meds, her flares are less, she has actual nights of sleep, and can function...even was able to start volunteer work part time in the computer center teaching seniors the internet! :) Just a thought. Either way... a doctor that says it's in your head is not the doctor for you... I would suggest a DO instead of a MD... mainly cause they treat the body and not just the symptoms - usually denotes them to be better listeners ;)

As for me - Came home (rough drive today.. traffic was nuts), caught up with the kids' day and then DH said "it's time for you to workout now". I gave him crap about it since he was sitting on his tucus doing nothing... but... alas, got changed and hit the elliptical :D I did the program setting at Cardio Blast (25 min workout for lower body)... then did an additional 10 mins after the workout going in reverse to work different muscles and keep my sweat going :D It felt good - hate it when I have to admit he is right :rofl: Have a great night all! Time for me to have some dinner and unwind... shower and sleepy land

berryblondeboys
01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Well I did my double express class tonight. It felt better than last week, but I still took a hot bath to feel betterr afterward. What I am happy to see is that I'm able to do much of the propulsion stuff now with step. I just skip (well, modify) the burpees and mountain climbers. That getting down on the floor after raising my heart sky high is still too much for me, but I'm getting there. I'm on a mission to get to 175 again, darn it! Calories were still a bit higher than I like to have them, but better - at 1560 today.

Tomorrow is yoga again.

Diana3271
01-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Still on plan, in my calorie range, and got a workout in. Just waiting for this thing to break.

Calories for yesterday: 1490 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.6
Up: .2

berryblondeboys
01-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Morning all! Down another .4 on the scale. Seems I am a little sore from last nights classes, but not anywhere close to how sore I was last week. Must mean I'm already getting stronger. Tonight is yoga again (same class as last week which was quite tough).

Italiannie
01-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Had a great day on plan yesterday. Planning another good one today.

Yesterday – 191
Today 189.4 (-1.6) - below my pre-car crash weight!

Have a good day everyone.

mamakat
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Another beautiful day, the sun is up. I overslept (causing entire house to be late) so DH took the kittens to school. So I don't know if it's cold or not, but it sure looks nice out on the water :) I'm up .4/.6 making it an even 204, not use why, but I'm still okay with that.

Diana DH buys Mexican coffee (I think it's Mexico, but it could be any latin country, I imagine) they tend to be strong, but not bitter. Of course when we run out, he dashes over to the zippy mart and gets Folgers. The coffee itself is not my addiction, the caffeine and the sweets creamers and splenda I put in it are. I use SF creamer (hazelnut and something vanilla). I never liked coffee until I met my SIL. She used to get all kinds of free sample cappuccinos and we'd go visit, she serve them to me. That's how I got addicted to coffee. She started with the sweets then when she died and we were still visiting with our niece and her step dad, he'd only have coffee. LOL, addicts will take what they get. And so my coffee life went until I went on low carb, but now 2 companies have joined the band wagon and I can have yummy sweet coffee again...no matter the brand because I'm in for the sweets and kick :D I drink my tea the same way which drive DH crazy "you're Polish not English, we're in America, no cream for you." Then he adds the cream :lol:

Berry what the heck is a burpee?

BuffJim I hate laundromats. I have severe anxiety and laundromats stress me out like crazy. I need laundry, what if the machine breaks, will the dryer eat my socks...on and on. We broke down once in 15 years and let me just say DH was home working hard to get a dryer quick...I got a new washer too :D

ItsMyTurn Let me get this straight, you worked then got caught up with the kids day and DH said 'it's time for your workout.' and you got mad. I'm confused, how did he say it? When you wrote it I was thinking...was he saying 'go ahead, honey, I got things covered?' or was he saying, 'it's now or never.' or was it more like 'you need it woman, get a move on?' :lol: so many options with just one sentence...I need details :p Glad you got it in. :)

Italiannie Don't stress over the weight loss part, you're already stressing over the other stuff enough, right? Try to find some positive things to do to help relieve the stress and get right back to things. Great job staying on plan yesterday. Don't you worry scale will move down soon.

:wave: Hi to everyone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

berryblondeboys
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Mamakat - I did the oversleeping thing a couple days ago. Where it usually takes my son 40 minutes to get himself out of bed, he managed to do it in 5 tht day. I said I should sleep in morer often, but he said it about killed him with the adrenalin rush. He was on time, but made sure I had the alarm set for the next day to avoid the rush again.

And a burpee is an evil thing they created in fitness. You can be running in place or doing step... Some aerobic exercise, and then you drop down to your hands and toes, jump your feet back to a half way to push up position, jump them back in close to your body and then stand up. Then you repeat - up and down. I'm sure it's some evil military invented thing. Let me see if I can find a YouTube video showing it.

Seems there are tons of versions. We do half burpees (what I described) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)

Moondance
01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Happy Thursday! :D

Missed posting entirely yesterday. I did pop in, catch up on posts with the intent to post my own...but then got interrupted (I hate when work interferes with my personal life!) and never got back to it.

Scale is cooperating somewhat...back down a pound to 187. Hope this trend continues. I'm busy at work again because I'm leaving early today. We're headed to Steamboat Springs for a ski weekend. Fortunately they're getting snow! I'm thinking I'll have more time to post tomorrow.

Have a great, OP day!

mamakat
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Berry OMG that was a lot of different kinds of Burpees at the end of that page. Now I know. I couldn't do that on a good day, I'd worry about my knees more than anything and yes, I have seen it done in the military workouts. Isn't it funny how the kids will spring into action when you least expect them too. I think both mine got to school on time, DH didn't say otherwise, but son has a little leeway with 504 and DD is 10mins later, so if he made she def. did :)

Moondance Hope you have a wonderful trip. Be careful and have lots and lots of fun!

ItsMyTurn
01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Melissa - Great job on the workout! I am so glad you are able to see your progress for things you weren't able to do before - I think that is our best "scale" :) Super job on your continued loss! Burpees are tough - we used to do them in basketball...hated those almost as much as milk runs!

Diana - Here's to hoping your reaction goes the heck away already! Great job staying on plan and getting in the workout though - when you don't feel like "yourself" that can sometimes be hard to do - such an inspiration!

Italiannie - Great job on the loss! Homemade motivation right there!

Mamakat - That small gain is probably just sodium from the meatballs, I am betting it will just drop tomorrow :) As for DH... it's a funny story actually. Day before yesterday I was totally beat from work and getting "responsibilities" done... so DH was all "don't work out tonight, it won't do you any good if you are already struggling to stay awake... but tomorrow I will make ya workout ;) " I said "I would take the night off, but worried I won't do it tomorrow after doing a bunch of catch-up work" and he was all "you won't have a choice" - of course the whole time he is being smiley and supportive. So I get home last night, after fighting traffice, being gone from house for 13 hrs, exhausted, chatting with kiddos...and he looks at me - "time to workout". I was... "ummmm... that takes energy I just don't have" He smiled and said (with a smile) "it's cause I love you that I am insisting you workout - I promised I wouldn't let you off the hook... so go... get em' " :D When I say I gave him crap about it, was more bantering and joking then anything... I was all (while changing) "so what exercise have YOU done today? What have YOU done to help your health preacherman? Practice what you preach"... he cracked up and said "did that make you feel better?" and I replied laughing with "yea... a little" :lol: He was right to hold to it though, I felt rejuvenated after the workout - stress melts away for me when I throw it into exercise :)

LittleBrownBike
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
This is my check in for yesterday (1/18):

6:45 a.m.
2 slices of blackforest ham, 1 slice white american cheese

7:30-9:30 a.m.
grazed on 1 cup of multi grain cheerios

10:15 a.m.
1 nectarine

11:50
1/4 chicken dark, 1/2 bread roll, small cesar side salad with dressing and croutons, 1/2 order of corn

2:50 pm
1/4 chicken white

7:00 pm
1/2 cup steamed white rice, 1 thin cut porkchop

8:00 pm
1/2 cup chocolate chip ice cream

Total water intake: 64 oz
No Soda! :)

Total exercise : 5.05 miles cycling in 28:41 minutes

LittleBrownBike
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I feel like I ate a LOT yesterday, like I was just constantly eating ugh... the old me is more like "eat nothing from waking up until noon, then eat something deliciously fried with a couple of cokes, then have something delicious for dinner or skip dinner"...

Moondance - have a wonderful trip!

ilovemo
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Planning for todayyy.

Breakfast- 1 slice whole grain toast (80) smear of PB (80).. yuck never again so bland

Preworkout snack- string cheese (80)

Post workout "snack" - Blueberry and banana whey smoothie (265)

Lunch- Hummus (50) 8 wheat crackers (60)

Snack- 7-8 Almonds (70) Yogurt (100)

Dinner- Bowl of cheerios (170) skim milk (120)

Snack- few sweet potato chips (40)

crystal light- 5

Cals = 1060

Hiiii Dianaa! Hii everyone ! :)

berryblondeboys
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Totally nuts, went to Marshall's today and rummaged through the clearance rack to see if I could find anything for now and the next size down. I saw a cute golf skirt and tried it on, size 10. It was too big in the waist? Like didn't even touch my waist? Then I tried a size 10 jeans and they fit perfectly now. For $10 I picked them up. I didn't even think to rummage the size 8s, but maybe I should soon, that is pure craziness! Especially since i just wore a 1995 size 16 that fit perfectly this past weekend!

GainingWeightInLa
01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm so glad I decided to come back here! You guys are awesome! Although I've forgotten how BUSY this forum is! WOW! Wondering if I have the time to keep up??? I guess we do what's important to us, huh?

berry, you were such an inspiration to me before.....and you still are! Your size 10's really inspire me! You're taller than me by a few inches, but we are very close in weight so I know I'm close...although I'm still in 14's and 16's, depending on brand and how they're made.....I'm stuck in a stupid plateau and haven't figured out why yet....but I'm thinkin' lack of exercise. I'm gonna HAVE to do more. Tuesday at WW I'm gonna invest in a good pedometer. I'm about to take my behind upstairs and conquer the elliptical and maybe the treadmill....although I've had a migraine ALL day long and REALLY don't feel like it. My head is still pounding. I just finished with a week of prednisone (finished on Tuesday)....wondering if I'm swollen from it. Scales are up a little today. :( :( :( I'm thoroughly disgusted with them. I snack when I have a migraine.....so my menu for today has been as follows: breakfast cinnamon toast crunch (3 svgs, although I didn't measure, so I think that's MORE than I ate)
snack: whole grain sharp cheddar crackers (pkg of 6)
lunch: lean cuisine potatoes, broccoli and cheddar
snack: whole grain sharp cheddar crackers (pkg of 6) and a handful of croutons
supper: (I didn't have a lot of spare calories by this time) steamed broccoli with 2 tbsp light ranch dressing

I know, terrible excuse for a supper......but with my weight up, I wasn't doing anything else! lol

Okay, I've bored you guys enough....time for a workout! Have a GREAT night ya'll!

Diana3271
01-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: It's late and we just got home. I read everyone's posts, but won't be able to do personals tonight. Tomorrow I have to get up an hour earlier than I normally do. I need to hurry to bed. DH and I shared a salad before dinner tonight. We ordered the dressing on the side. I brought my own. I used honey mustard and thinned it with red rice vinegar. It was very good. Hopefully these little changes will help with my reactions. Have a great evening and sleep well. :grouphug:

Total Approx 1490 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared Salad 150 calories
Grilled NY Strip 400 Calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise
Michelle Dozois More Peak Cardio Interval Burn

GainingWeightInLa
01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Diana, you're making me question my broccoli.....two orders was 200 calories? The nutritional info on my broccoli pkg said 30 calories/cup?? I had a BIG bowl full and counted it as 100 calories.....

qtkitty
01-19-2012, 11:11 PM
GainingWeightInLa~fyi Diana adds a little extra to balance out any butter or oils that may be used since she was mostlikely eating out at that time

qtkitty
01-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Morning Weight 383.0 woohooo.. i hope this downward turn continues

Breakfast
Jumbo Pumpkin Muffin 278
Banana 150
Sub Total 428

Lunch
Western Omelet ( looked like 2 eggs 140 , 2 slices Velveeta cheese 80, 2oz ham 93, 2 oz sausage 92, onions and pepper 35.. I added a drizzle of A1 5/ adding 100 cause there had to be some oil although it didn‘t look it.. It came with toast but I opted out ) 545
Coleslaw 49
Sub Total 594

Dinner
1.5 serving Baked Zitty 519
Sub Total

Daily Total 1541

Water 142

I have been looking over my weightloss chart and comparing it with my food diary. I believe these last few weeks I may have dropped to low in calories, although eating a lot still. So i am going to bump it up.

DocAuD
01-19-2012, 11:38 PM
:comp: I was off plan for four days last week and almost got mad at myself... then I said... (to myself)... "stop in your tracks with this dead-end, nose dive, guilt trip... it's only gonna make you want to quit and that is counter productive." So I pulled myself back up and started again. I've been at it (weight loss) only a short time (since November-ish 2011). Calorie counting was the new plan. It's something I sort of laughed at in the past and now I realize how foolish I was to think I could eat without thoughtfulness and not gain weight. I'm surrounded everyday with poor food role models I've really lost perspective on what normal portions look like. So, I know I need the calorie counting tool now. I don't know if I'll need it forever, but I imagine it may be a long journey to reach a point where I can reset my brain to what a normal portion of food should look like for a woman of my size.

Being that I *was* on the right track with calories and *was* high on the new year's adrenaline rush & better habit resolutions... when I had 4 off days I imagined all sorts of vivid scale fantasy (nightmares, really). LOL. Thankfully, I was saved by the tape measure. I took three measurements a few week back (hips, smallest waist and belly). Today I measured again and found I've lost 2.25 inches. The scale said I lost .5lbs but I'm felt way better when I looked at the inches. :dance:

I felt even more peppy when I logged into 3fc and found out I can have a signature ticker now (I hope it works on this post). I feel more like a part of something, somehow, now that I have my signature. I was thinking that there should be a ticker for inches lost as well as weight lost. When I added up all the inches I wanted to lose, the number didn't seem as ominous as the weight goal.

keep on, keeping on fellow chickees.
:comp:

qtkitty
01-20-2012, 12:35 AM
DocAuD~I agree with you on the point of measuring is less daunting than the scale.. because quite frankly the scale can not change, but your composition of fat, water, and mucle has giving you less inches. I myself have noticed more composition changes than scale changes... the end of the month brings measuring again so YAY .. but everyday I just weigh because its quicker for me .

Diana3271
01-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :dance: :yay: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1490 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 148.6
No Change (better than a gain, right now ;) celebrate the little things ;))
__________________________________________________ __________________
Diana, you're making me question my broccoli.....two orders was 200 calories? The nutritional info on my broccoli pkg said 30 calories/cup?? I had a BIG bowl full and counted it as 100 calories.....

GainingWeightInLa~fyi Diana adds a little extra to balance out any butter or oils that may be used since she was mostlikely eating out at that time

Diana (LA) Sorry about the confusion. :o It's exactly what Qtkitty said. We eat out a lot due to our work situation. I order things a certain way, but I don't always get it that way. Sometimes the steak is a little bigger or a little smaller. I do it this way with the hopes that it averages out in the end. Sometimes at work I get a little hungry, so I may some extra lettuce, etc. I have just tried to keep consistent with this type "averaging". :rofl:

LittleBrownBike
01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
This is my checkin for Thursday (1/19)

9:00 am
1 bar of cadburys chocolate (510 calories!!) and a bottle of coke (240 calories!!) <- this is my norm, BAD!!!

10:30 a.m.
1 nectarine

12:45 p.m.
Healthy Choice Steamer Entree - BBQ Steak w/ Veggies/Potato (330 calories)

6:00 p.m.
1 boiled egg w/ cup iceberg lettuce and 1 tablespoon homemade ranch dressing
1 small chicken breast grilled with 1 cup mashed potatoes and 1 cup steamed carrots
1 12 oz can of coke

Total water intake: 24 oz - ouch

Total exercise today: walked with the dogs, forgot to turn on the tracker ugh, about 40 minutes at a casual pace

On the major upside, I weighed myself this morning and it showed 196.2!!! and I started TOM last night so wouldn't I be retaining a little? maybe...

I found a bunch of size 10 clothes in my closet in the back, 3 really pretty skirts, 1 pair of grey dress pants and 1 dress -- they all look tiny and I feel like they must be smaller than the claimed size 10 lol... Right now I'm wearing 16s but everything is loose fitting. I found 1 pair of size 14 pants and they fit but not flattering, so hopefully I'll be able to wear those soon. I also found a size 14 top/skirt set and it also fit but was not flattering.... I also tried on 3 size Large shirts, all of which fit but really weren't flattering.. so I'm really motivated that I can get this stuff ON even though I wouldn't wear it out of the bedroom lol...

I also found a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in probably a year... they fit me perfectly, comfortable but not loose - and look great because all my other pants are getting loose around the tush and hubby keeps calling me "baggy pants" lol... The funny thing is these jeans are size 18 from Lane Bryant. All of the other Size 18 shorts/pants from Lane Bryant are literally falling off me, I can't wear them because they actually fall down. All of the size 16 I have from Lane Bryant are baggy and I can take them on and off without opening them. So I'm not sure why this 1 single pair of size 18 pants are fitting so perfectly. When I put them on I thought they were a 14....

Anyway sorry for the ramble. I hope everyone has an amazing Friday!

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm so glad I decided to come back here! You guys are awesome! Although I've forgotten how BUSY this forum is! WOW! Wondering if I have the time to keep up??? I guess we do what's important to us, huh?

berry, you were such an inspiration to me before.....and you still are! Your size 10's really inspire me! You're taller than me by a few inches, but we are very close in weight so I know I'm close...although I'm still in 14's and 16's, depending on brand and how they're made.....I'm stuck in a stupid plateau and haven't figured out why yet....but I'm thinkin' lack of exercise. I'm gonna HAVE to do more. Tuesday at WW I'm gonna invest in a good pedometer. ...

Okay, I've bored you guys enough....time for a workout! Have a GREAT night ya'll!

Ah, thanks Diana in LA. Getting the work outs in are hard. I don't know how diana3271 does them every single day. I'm in awe actually.

And we all just do what we can. Sometimes it's slow when determination is lacking. Sometimes its faster when our determination is stronger. But we get there if we just keep plugging along.

Hope your head feels better today.

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Didn't get to yoga last night, DHs car was supposed to be done at the shop and thena t the last minute, like at 6 pm they said, "oh, I guess we won't get it done today.". Meant dh was waiting at work for an hour longer than he needed to and it messed up our evening plans.

Doing body step this morning. Kids have a half day today as its the end of the quarter marking period. So, I can sneak that class in on time before school pick-up.

Scale is down another .4

GainingWeightInLa
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
littlebrownbike, I'm the SAME way! Some of the stuff that I think SHOULD fit me, doesn't.....and vice versa. So frustrating!! You and I are same height...I'm at 178.2 this morning. I can fit into 14's (fitted jeans, not granny jeans with elastic waist--I can wear a 12 in those) but I am most comfy in 16's because theyre a little loose. I don't like anything that confines me at all....not even the slightest bit tight.

Thanks for clearing up the broccoli diana! :) Makes perfect sense to me! We all have to do what works for us.

Well, I'm off to work! Got LOADS to do today! Have a GREAT on target day everyone!

Diana3271
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
DocAuD and emilmagdy Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave:

BuffJim
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Little Brown Bike - I'll have to try that Cadbury and coke breakfast:) Sounds like it's working for you.

Berry Blonde Boys - Keep up the good work

My daughter and I are volunteeing at a camp this weekend. It's a winter retreat for fathers and sons at the camp I went to as a kid. She's working in the kitchen with her cousin, and I'm doing registration desk, and sledding hill. Should be a nice getaway. I'll take my X-C ski's so I should be able to sneak in some exercise.

LittleBrownBike
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Diana, also looking at your pics in your signature we have the same body type as well so you are super motivation for me!!

LittleBrownBike
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Little Brown Bike - I'll have to try that Cadbury and coke breakfast:) Sounds like it's working for you.

The funny thing is, the coke/cadbury breakfast seems to perk me up and give me energy for the rest of the day, so I know its super high calorie and just terrible but I cant help thinking it might not be as negative as it should be LOL

ItsMyTurn
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Happy Friday!!!! :dance:

Melissa - Congrats on the loss again...amazing!

Diana - :wave: Hope your day isn't too crazy busy today!

Jim - That retreat weekend volunteering sounds wonderful! I haven't x-country skiied since I left Maine... used to have fun going the pole line in between the town I lived in and the neighboring town. Hope you and your daughter have a good time - not to mention the fellowship (I am assuming Christian camp? I shouldn't assume, but..) of similar beliefs which gives a commonality with everyone right off the bat

emil - :welcome:

mamakat - How are you doing?

to everyone else I missed... sorry...and HI!!!! :wave:

Talked via Skype to my mom last night - neither of us has a scale budging any results. So.. we have both pledged to up our cardio this week - kick start out bodies, if you will. I am upping my water intake. I don't think I am taking in enough the last couple weeks, have gotten lazy with the water and only drinking when thirsty - whereas I was being diligent about it before. So... starting today I have to up either intensity or the timeframe of the cardio end - strength we are both doing fine and staying within restraints of the doctor regulations for us.. but we can up the cardio :)

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 02:00 PM
My daughter and I are volunteeing at a camp this weekend. It's a winter retreat for fathers and sons at the camp I went to as a kid. She's working in the kitchen with her cousin, and I'm doing registration desk, and sledding hill. Should be a nice getaway. I'll take my X-C ski's so I should be able to sneak in some exercise.

That sounds like fun. We haven't had any snow yet and my 6 year old is getting desperate. The arre making snow at the ski resorts, so my older son and husband have gotten some skiing in, but we need snow!

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Happy Friday!!!!
Talked via Skype to my mom last night - neither of us has a scale budging any results. So.. we have both pledged to up our cardio this week - kick start out bodies, if you will. I am upping my water intake. I don't think I am taking in enough the last couple weeks, have gotten lazy with the water and only drinking when thirsty - whereas I was being diligent about it before. So... starting today I have to up either intensity or the timeframe of the cardio end - strength we are both doing fine and staying within restraints of the doctor regulations for us.. but we can up the cardio :)

I think that is so cool that you and and your mom can support each other like that. I hope I have a close relationship with my kids when they grow up. It has to be hard that your parents arer so far away though.

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
The funny thing is, the coke/cadbury breakfast seems to perk me up and give me energy for the rest of the day, so I know its super high calorie and just terrible but I cant help thinking it might not be as negative as it should be LOL

When I used to work in university life, I had a lot of late nights. What helped me pull it through was either a coke or a mountain dew (not diet) and a snickers bar. That could keep me going for hours until I could finally go to bed. Of course, I did that when ballooned up to 275.

LittleBrownBike
01-20-2012, 02:06 PM
When I used to work in university life, I had a lot of late nights. What helped me pull it through was either a coke or a mountain dew (not diet) and a snickers bar. That could keep me going for hours until I could finally go to bed. Of course, I did that when ballooned up to 275.

Yep yep and I'm sure its exactly what has gotten me up to where I am as well!

ItsMyTurn
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
I think that is so cool that you and and your mom can support each other like that. I hope I have a close relationship with my kids when they grow up. It has to be hard that your parents arer so far away though.

Melissa - It was, by FAR, the hardest part of moving here. They truly are my best friends as well as parents, and it's been a struggle for me. Doing Skype and now they are coming to visit twice a year, has helped - but still not the same. I am developing the same relationship with my daughters too, so that's nice... my son, well... he's a boy and having a bit of a struggle with trying to feel out his independence, but we are as close as we can be I think. My girls sometimes get looks from their friends though, cause they will tell them point blank that they tell me everything BECAUSE we are best of friends and their friends just can't grasp that concept. I am grateful for it, but still get homesick for my folks

ItsMyTurn
01-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Yep yep and I'm sure its exactly what has gotten me up to where I am as well!

Maybe a Vitamin B complex vitamin added daily would help a bit with energy levels? Just a thought... everyone is different... I used to love night shifts (I am an odd duck though)

BuffJim
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
"(I am assuming Christian camp? I shouldn't assume, but..) "

It is. It used to be a boys camp and they added girl's weeks now, so my daughter got to be a camper and counselor there, just like I did 30-35 years ago.

berryblondeboys
01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Going to bed early tonight. I'm tired and I have a big weekend ahead of just a lot of stuff to do, so being better rested will help. Doing strength training tomorrow. TTOM is due this weekend, so I know the scale will start creeping up soon too. We'll see. This month was so strange with getting back on track and all that water weight I needed to shed. Despite losing 9.6 pounds in 10 days or so, I am still up 4.8 pounds from my low on December 15th. Maybe next month! I would love to be at 170 by feb 14th (an anniversary date for dh and I). I've never been that thin in our entire 19 years together! And at tht time, I might actually be the lightest adult in the family for the first time ever. Eek!

ilovemo
01-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Today was my cheat day.. didnt go superrrr overboard.

Brunch- Chicken philly- 750 cals (guess) berry cheesecake french toast (500)

Snack- 10 cheetos/1 mini size butterfinger (200)

Dinner- kettle corn 1 cup ( 55 cals)

total- 1505 cals. ugh lol

Btw from tommorow Im going into a low carb phase bc im not losing weight at the rate I want, and low carb always helps.

Good night all! :)

qtkitty
01-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Morning Weight 381.8

Breakfast
2 Reg Pumpkin Muffin V2 278
1 Banana 150
Sub Total 428

Lunch
1 c ground chicken ( w/ veg salsa and cumin) 300
1/4 Greek Sour cream 78
Lettuce ( iceburg, romaine and red lettuce) 10
Cherry Tomato 12
Pepper and Garlic and Herb Mrs Dash
Sub Total 400

“Sunday”
1 banana 150
1/4c strawberries ( frozen sweetened ) 25
1/4 c cool whip 50
1 tsp chocolate fudge 50
Sub Total 275

Dinner
Ham & Broccoli Pizza 1000
1 prune 25
Sub Total 1025

Daily Total 2128

Water 168

I have stuffed myself silly here today I think. There was a bday today, so there were Sundays with every topping imaginable. I choose to cut up a banana and have it instead of the ice cream. I have been stuffed twice today not good.

I hope everyone had a good day

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Diana - :wave: Hope your day isn't too crazy busy today!

Crazy busy, again today! We try to leave early on Friday, around 5 PM. I left at 6:45. I was trying to catch up on things and do my workout. I just got home! We at dinner, I did some looking around, then grocery shopping. Not enough time in the day, I tell you! ;)

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow and do some personals. I hope everyone has a great evening and sleeps well. :grouphug:

TTOM should be starting within the week. I hope things don't get too crazy for me this time.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Grilled chicken tenderloins 400 calories (the restaurant calculator says a lot lower calories than this. I am giving it this amount because it seemed like the amount that I normally eat. It looked like more food.
3 Orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercises:
10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Total Body w/#8's & #10's
TF HIIT 30

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Calories for yessterday: 1440 + :coffee2:
Down: 1 pound

berryblondeboys
01-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Unbelievably I'm down another .4 on the scale and TTOM started. I have never, ever lost weight with the start of TTOM , but gained 1-2 pounds of water weight. I guess that is just telling me that I was holding more water weight than I thought.

We had a mix of snow and freezing rain last night (first white stuff we have seen) and now we arre seeing if there are any cancellations. Seems not and that would mean doing BodyPump at 10:45 this morning. But I might just do the hour long video we have at home for strength training instead.

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Berry Congrats on the .4! Keep up the great work! :carrot:

ilovemo
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone!

Planning for today.. starting my low carb journey.. not 100% low carb bc I love fruit but for the most part.

Breakfast- 3 boiled eggs & 1 cup of strawberry,banana,blackberry mix. (300)

no snack for me straight lunch..

Lunch- Mushroom and mozzarella boca burger (just the patty) (110!! ;) ) iceburg lettuce salad with some dressing (100)

Snack- Cheese stick (80) almonds (100)

Dinner- Turkey burger (200) iceburg lettuce salad w/dressing (100)

Total - 990 cals.

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
ilovemo Hi! :wave: Have a great day! Will you be adding in a little extra food? The 990 calories are low.

LittleBrownBike
01-21-2012, 11:54 AM
This is my checkin for yesterday Friday 1/20 (TOM):

9:00 am
3 thin slices of Boars Head Blackforest Ham

11:00 am
1 nectarine

12:25 pm
Healthy Choice Steamer "Roasted Beef Merlot" - 210 calories/5g fiber/15g protien - I only ate about half of it though

1:30 pm
1/2 cup shredded letuce with italian dressing, 1 slice of french bread, 1/2 cup shredded beef in sauce

4:30 pm to 10:00 pm (buffet social event) - UGH
1 rum/coke then 2 glasses of coke, 2 grilled chicken wings, skinless/no sauce, 1 piece thin crust cheese pizza (small square piece about the size of a pack of cards), 1 chicken breast with panko breadcumbs with 1 tablespoon of honeymustard sauce, 1/2 a rotisserie chicken, 1/2 order of french fries and 2 tostones --- ughhhhhhh but it was all soooo delicious...

Total water intake: 56 oz
Total exercise today: None

This morning (saturday 1/21) weight in: 196.2

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
LittleBrownBike Hi :wave: Sounds like you had some fun last night. I hope you have a great day!

qtkitty
01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
ilovemo~ The Mushroom and mozzarella boca burger sounds yummy .. how did it taste? I am going to have to put that on my next grocery shopping list. This is why I love this thread there are so many food ideas. I love the challenge of finding something delicious and satisfying but still getting full and keeping in the calorie range ( yeah sometimes I fail, but lesson learned)

btw I tend to agree with Diana 990 is really low .. the bad thing about going to low on calories is that it can stall weight loss ( I think thats why I was going up instead of down there for awhile my bod got into store mode) or worse cause loss of muscle. Are you maybe fluxuating your calories to try and trick your body?

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM

Total Calories Approx 1615 + :coffee2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 Calories)
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
English muffin 100 calories
1 cup of cottage cheese, cinnamon, pumpkin butter 200 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
Chicken Bog (chicken, rice, onions, bell pepper, celery, chicken broth) 400 calories
Turnips/Turnip Greens 100 calories
Banana pudding 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

LittleBrownBike
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Hope everyone had a great Saturday...!

My check in for today 1/21

9 am
1 nectarine

1 pm
Panera Bread: 1/2 roast beef sandwich with lettuce/tomato/1slice american cheese, 1/2 small cesar side salad, 1 pepsi

8 pm
NY strip steak, 1/2 ear of corn with spray butter, sweet potato wedges oven roasted w/ a little olive oil/salt/pepper (no butter/sugar)

Water: 32 oz

Exercise: none specifically but had a very busy day of yard work, replanted my veggie garden and installed some new outdoor lighting etc... have been on my feet all day but got a lot accomplished!

qtkitty
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Morning Weight 383

Breakfast ( note to self try with dates and almonds)
1 1/3c (4 servings ) Kellogg's All-Bran Bran Buds cereal 280
1 Tbsp Honey 46 ( got to much on there it was super sweet like honey nut Cheerios *LOL*)
1 Tbsp Slivered Almonds 50
1/2c 2% milk 65
Sub Total 441

Lunch
Ham & Broccoli Pizza 500
1/2c Apple sauce 50
Sub Total 550

Dinner
4oz Ham 185 ( we are still working on the ham I got for Christmas Ugh normally we do not have ham this often.)
½ c Scalloped potatoes 120
1c Green Beans 20
Sub Total 325

Snack
½ String cheese 35
3 died Figs 60
5 Multigrain Wheat Thin 47
Sub Total 142

Daily Total 1458

Water 144 ( working on a 7th 24oz glass currently)

I am not surprised with the weight gain this morning since my morning bathroom rituals were uhm off lets say. I should have had some yogurt today, but I didn’t fit it in.

After breakfast this morning I was stuffed like I used too .. I am ashamed to say I was one of those people who would sit down for breakfast on the weekend with the huge bowl with a ton of cereal and milk and chow down until I couldn’t eat anymore .. Of course normally my cereal ran on the healthy end … shredded wheat ( the original big blocks), plain cheerios, wheat chex ect like that really makes a difference when you eat enough to make you feel about to explode.

Diana~ Curious what is chicken bog? A soup or perhaps stew?

Diana3271
01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Diana~ Curious what is chicken bog? A soup or perhaps stew?

Qtkitty Hi :wave: Here are some examples of chicken bog. I didn't use the smoked sausage. I just made it quick and simple with what I had on hand.

http://www.ansonmills.com/page19/page45/page45.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chicken-bog-recipe/index.html
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Bog/Detail.aspx

berryblondeboys
01-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Hitting the sack. I'm beat. TTOM is no fun this month and I'm super crampy. Tomorrow I give a talk at our ethical society. I hope I feel better tomorrow than today, but day 2 is usually worse. Ugh...

Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow. It has me guessing is month. Night all!

Diana3271
01-22-2012, 08:47 AM

Not sure what's going on. Still eating healthy, on plan, in my calorie range and working out. Maybe this gain is from TTOM, which is suppose to start this week.

Calories for yesterday: 1615 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 148.8
Up: 1.2 pounds

Diana3271
01-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Here's the new thread for the week. I hope you have a great one! :carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/251120-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-22-12-a.html