Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #1  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Complications? I'll join --- 'cept

... went to the clinic on Tuesday and they ended up keeping me. I cried. This was NOT the course that I had chosen - I must've got on someone else's roller coaster ride.

I'd been running fevers ranging from 102 - 103 since Thursday evening. They were concerned about an infection so in the bin I went. I started with ANOTHER swallow test - (can I just say that I HATE THAT TEST!) and then a test for DVTs in my legs. Still without answers they checked blood and urine and I was severly dehydrated with a mild UTI. So on came bag after bag of IV fluid - then I developed tachycardia along with the fevers. (accelerated heartbeat - it was in the 130- 140 range). My labs all checked out OK over the course of a few days - and the doctors were baffled. So on for more tests - an echo for my heart and a lung scan. Both also were negative. So as you can see they took excellent care of me - but I still have an elevation in temperature here and there. It comes down with tyelenol and is not associated with any pain so - we are assuming it is some kind of funky virus. But it is nice to know that all checked out OK because when I was so sick I was convinced I was going to be one of the 'statistics' . I questioned this decision hourly and asked God to do a 'rewind' to before the surgery.

However, today is another day. I just got to start cottage cheese today - which was a dazzling surprise to my tastebuds.

I have not been hungry once. So I have to be mindful to get in all of the protein and liquids. I have not been doing very well in that category since being sick - but have regained ground.

Thanks for all of your support!

Leanna
Old 02-21-2003, 03:51 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

Default oh leanna...

you need these.

so sorry you've been having a tough time, but it sounds as if you have indeed been getting wonderful, attentive care. isn't it awful when they decide to keep you??? just about the most depressing words in the world.

good for you on keeping up the protein and water... are you able to fit in even a little exercise? you really shouldn't be straining yourself since you're not well yet, but a little movement might help you feel better. get the kinks out from time to time.

we're here, praying and hanging out with you..
Old 02-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #3  

OmGosh the leak test was the worst part of this entire proccess! You poor thing! I am glad that you are doing ok!!! Is it not amazing to not feel hunger??

Hazel
02/05/03 & 02/06/03
282/265/140
Old 02-21-2003, 06:06 PM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Leanna, you can't have complications..........you don't live in Georgia Just kidding.

I'm glad your doctor seems to be keeping on top of things.

hope your feeling 100% very soon.

Debbie
Closed Thread