Alternachicks - what gets you moving?

View Full Version : what gets you moving?

GobabyGoGO
01-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Alternachicks in my opinion are most likely to listen to great music new and old alike. How about we post songs we love that get us moving and grooving our alt butts? Come on ladies lets breathe some life back into this group!

GobabyGoGO
01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
I'll start Soft Cell's Insecure Me really gets me moving :carrot:http://youtu.be/GDQpLun5IGA

Huzzahforska
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Anything by Andrew W.K.! I really like to start out and end with "She is Beautiful"

ADL
01-16-2012, 01:21 AM
"You're Unbelievable" by EMF "The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden "Boom" by POD "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim and "Bodyrock" by Mody

Huzzahforska
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
This morning I listened to a couple of Ween albums (La Cucaracha and 12 Golden Country Greats), and The Brown album by Primus while I was trying to keep moving. I think it's time for a new playlist!

CherryQuinn
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
nachtmahr, grendel, aesthetic perfection, faderhead, pretty much any ebm/aggrotech/industrial goth music

anjnsmn
01-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Lol ok so Yeah I saw this and just HAD to jump in.....Tonight is the first night I have actually done this but what got me going and kept me going was Zeromancer. I was just listening to it and the song Eurotrash just made me feel kinda sexy sooooo I got on the treadmill and worked at making myself sexay!!! Yeah buddy, but Zeromancer is pretty good for me and ATB...any techno or trance....(this is dangerous) sometimes I close my eyes on the treadmill and let the music take me away....I find myself even dancing....

CherryQuinn
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Lol ok so Yeah I saw this and just HAD to jump in.....Tonight is the first night I have actually done this but what got me going and kept me going was Zeromancer. I was just listening to it and the song Eurotrash just made me feel kinda sexy sooooo I got on the treadmill and worked at making myself sexay!!! Yeah buddy, but Zeromancer is pretty good for me and ATB...any techno or trance....(this is dangerous) sometimes I close my eyes on the treadmill and let the music take me away....I find myself even dancing....

if you like zeromancer you may like combichrist or the bands i listed

anjnsmn
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Awesomeness I love when people suggest bands to me,,,

neon_zephyr
01-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Bella Morte or Android Lust! I love both bands and find them really energizing in a way that's not superficial but has some depth. Android Lust has some interesting S&M undertones and that helps me get through the parts of the workout that feel grueling and slow and arduous. Bella Morte has some aggressive death-rock influence so it's nice to give you a little push when you feel like you're lagging and need a burst or jolt.

GobabyGoGO
01-30-2012, 01:38 PM
The song that gets me moving today is KMFDM'S cover of "These Boots Are Made for Walkin" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOxF0n4hcQ. What about everyone else?

kelelaoha
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Rage Against The Machine! Makes you want to run!!!

hyper_piper
02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Rage Against The Machine! Makes you want to run!!!
RATM, totally! Also really liking Rammestein, Kittie, as well as Bikini Kill, Bratmobile, Voodoo Queens, Au Pairs, and other riot grrrl bands. I feel like having the female voices being so kick-arse makes me want to kick mine into shape! lol

Galadreal
02-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow, I suddenly feel so old and outdated. My music of choice for self flagulation at the gym is stuff like NIN "Closer" and a few songs my Panic at the Disco. pretty much anything with a fast beat. I have a set of 40 something songs on my ipod that just shuffle when I work out. I think I even have a few Voltaire songs on there. Of course last night my husband and I were doing a bellydance workout video and he turns on "Detachable Penis" and I started giggling so hard that I could not continue. Just watching Neena and Veena and hearing that song at the same time struck a random cord, I don't know why.

LeilaJey
02-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Em.. Nine Inch Nails and I love listening to The Prodigy when running/walking :)

korij
04-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Three Days Grace, Evanescence, Disturbed, and a mix of a few other randoms things, such as Missy Higgins, Christina Perri, and Marilyn Manson.

lifehouseluver
04-16-2012, 09:38 PM
^^^ I love Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, and Three Days Grace.

My favorite bands to run to though:

Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Bullet for My Valentine, Black Tide, Slipknot, Atreyu, Trivium, Trapt, Godsmack, Stone Sour, Pantera, Tool, Perfect Circle, Sevendust, Linkin Park, Unwritten Law, Zebrahead, Blink 182 aaaaand Good Charlotte lol

I basically have a workout mix on my ipod, that has songs by all these bands. I put it on shuffle. It must have like, 150something songs on it, and it never gets old. :)

samcakes
04-17-2012, 12:45 AM
the cure 'i will always love you', michael jackson, nothing like listening to some smooth criminal in the morning!! anything and everything!

as for new music, 'i get a good feeling' has really been pepping me up for some reason

samcakes
04-17-2012, 12:47 AM
oh! btw if you like ska, or some really fast bands that get the blood flowing try mindless self indulgence, streetlight manifesto, authority zero, or some other bands like that. they really get me going!

xSarabean
04-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I listen to a variety of things, but more often than not, I find that a lot of The Cruxshadow's "dancier" songs are uplifting. They carry inspiring messages and an amazing beat.

Other than that, another song is 'Balrog Boogie' by Diablo Swing Orchestra. It never fails to get me up, even if it is just to dance.