Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/14 - Sunday 1/15

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-14-2012, 01:42 AM
It's the weekend already? Wowza! Time is passing pretty fast.

This first week I'm not sure I can really say I was 100% OP. I didn't cheat, but I'm still learning the program and seeing what I can and can't have, so I'm still learning. On Monday I'll definitely be ready to go until I've lost all this weight. I'm really glad I decided to listen to my aunt and give this a try!

Traceym
01-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Good morning all ! I have a question, I forgot my vitamins at dinner. Should I have had them with my evening vitamins, or skipped them altogether ?
I am headed to my first weekend OP and I don't thi k I will be tempted to cheat, but I am afraid I may forget my vitamins & water.

Tmg1989
01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Have a good weekend everyone!

New Englander
01-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi everyone, Not only did I dream about cheating last night, I also dreamed about feeling guilty over it and telling my husband all about my dream...SO when I told him this morning about my cheat dream I kept asking him "Are you sure I didn't tell you this already?"...so odd!!!

1FineChick
01-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Week 2 weigh in lost 4.6lbs. :D A message to all who are just starting IP. It really does get easier as the weeks go by. I had a cappuccino drink this morning...um um So good. My taste buds are changing. Before start IP I hated veggies. Now I can eat broccoli with a little seasoning. I used to always drink my coffee with lots of cream and sugar. Now, I drink my coffee black and it's not bad. I'm so excited about IP and would tell NE it works.:carrot::carrot:

sekc14
01-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Week 2 weigh in lost 4.6lbs. :D

Plus, you forgot to mention you're in ONEDERLAND!!!! :bravo: whoohoo! :dancer::dancer:

uolecrab
01-14-2012, 08:27 AM
I got a tip from a chef about cooking(ie microwaving) eggs. When I use the 4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk in place of IP protein pack I add a splash of water and all my spices and just mix with a small whip and put in the micro until just cooked. It creates steam when cooking and the eggs are not tough but actually smooth and good tasting.
Also Litehouse has freeze dried red onions that are really yum

sekc14
01-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning all ! I have a question, I forgot my vitamins at dinner. Should I have had them with my evening vitamins, or skipped them altogether ?
I am headed to my first weekend OP and I don't thi k I will be tempted to cheat, but I am afraid I may forget my vitamins & water.
On my kitchen counter, next to my coffee maker, I have: water filter pitcher, vitamins, shaker, salt and oil. When I come home from work I go directly to that area, take the pills, make dinner and eat. In the morning I take the pills while the water is heating up for coffee. Yet, I have still missed a few times when I was rushed to go out and feed the horses or something else was going on -- no biggie!

ShanCo
01-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Kind of late to post...my first weigh in was Wednesday...down 8.4 pounds!!! I'm finding that I really have a hard time with the soups so decided I would much prefer just a beverage and salad with veggies for lunch instead :) I made a chai tea "latte" yesterday using a recipe I found here and it was DELICIOUS! So good I felt guilty! LOL

lisak21629
01-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Im on day 2 and I hope I didn't just mess up :( I had the omelette and rtd chocolate drink for breakfast. Is it OK to have 2 IP products for one meal? I didn't even realize it till it was too late. Thank you for any input :)

Jag23
01-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Today is day # 10 for me,and I'm doing really well. No desire to cheat Reading everyone's comments and encouragements makes me more determined to stay OP............My 1st weight was 7 lbs down and many inches,I didn't add them up,but will the next WI on Monday. ShanCo can you post your chai tea latte for me. ? Thanks everyone for just being an awesome group of people

leganegan
01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone, Not only did I dream about cheating last night, I also dreamed about feeling guilty over it and telling my husband all about my dream...SO when I told him this morning about my cheat dream I kept asking him "Are you sure I didn't tell you this already?"...so odd!!!

that is too funny.

omgzitsmiranda
01-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Day 6 and going strong! Haven't cheated at ALL! So proud! Here's to many more weeks OP! :D :D

omgzitsmiranda
01-14-2012, 08:53 AM
It's the weekend already? Wowza! Time is passing pretty fast.

This first week I'm not sure I can really say I was 100% OP. I didn't cheat, but I'm still learning the program and seeing what I can and can't have, so I'm still learning. On Monday I'll definitely be ready to go until I've lost all this weight. I'm really glad I decided to listen to my aunt and give this a try!

What happened that makes you think you went slightly "off plan?"

starry1672
01-14-2012, 09:18 AM
My first weekend alone left to my own devices...wish me luck!

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 09:21 AM

Honestly when I forget to take them at the right time (which is more often than I should admit) I just take them all together. It's not always easy and sometimes my stomach revolts a bit but better than nothing IMO.

Week 2 weigh in lost 4.6lbs. :D

WTG!!! And you're right, your tastebuds do totally change, it's amazing!

Kind of late to post...my first weigh in was Wednesday...down 8.4 pounds!!! I'm finding that I really have a hard time with the soups so decided I would much prefer just a beverage and salad with veggies for lunch instead :) I made a chai tea "latte" yesterday using a recipe I found here and it was DELICIOUS! So good I felt guilty! LOL

Congrats!!! Now I need to go look up that recipe, sounds delish!

Im on day 2 and I hope I didn't just mess up :( I had the omelette and rtd chocolate drink for breakfast. Is it OK to have 2 IP products for one meal? I didn't even realize it till it was too late. Thank you for any input :)

You're actually allowed to have up to 5 a day if you really feel like you need an extra one (most people who exercise have one), so you didn't really mess up. I wouldn't make it a habit, but it's done and no biggie. GL on your first week!!

Today is day # 10 for me,and I'm doing really well. No desire to cheat Reading everyone's comments and encouragements makes me more determined to stay OP............My 1st weight was 7 lbs down and many inches,I didn't add them up,but will the next WI on Monday. ShanCo can you post your chai tea latte for me. ? Thanks everyone for just being an awesome group of people

WTG!! That's an awesome WI! And Welcome!! There is almost always someone here if you have questions or just need support.

That is so funny!! My cheating dreams actually freak me out a bit because they're so vivid. I've only had one though since my restart, probably because of the lack of sleep my 3 year old is allowing me at the moment.

Lorilou
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Good morning IPeeps! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with great WIs. Let's all stay strong and OP :hug:

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Good morning!!

I am SO SO excited this morning!! I was kind of losing some steam because my reward for reaching goal has always been a photo shoot. I was way bummed because I thought I was going to have to do it in the beginning of April because that's when the photographer I want is going to be in town, but I just saw she opened up some dates for the end of May :D I will totally be at goal then, and now I don't have to stress so much.

So I have to say I have stumbled across an awesome recipe that totally satisfies the need for a crunchy veggie. Totally inspired by Wuv's zucchini apple recipe. It would be really good with a soup or as a dessert depending on how you made it (sweet / savory).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

I have measured my small zucchini's before and they're just about 1 cup so this went perfect with my 1 cup of bell pepper. Yum!!

vocaleer
01-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Good morning!

I just started this program this morning. Breakfast was a wildberry yogurt drink. I was impressed with how tasty it was!

This is also my first post here, but I have been lurking and taking in all the good advice.

Glad I found this site, and please - wish me luck!

mrsmurphy
01-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Navymom, I am going to try these zucchini chips tonight! you have creative recipes :) Thanks for sharing!

starry1672
01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Good morning!

I just started this program this morning. Breakfast was a wildberry yogurt drink. I was impressed with how tasty it was!

This is also my first post here, but I have been lurking and taking in all the good advice.

Day 7 for me. Love the wildberry yogurt! Tried the cappucino this morning, pretty good also. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do great!:D

TracyAWC
01-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Had my 9th WI - lost 6.6 and I officially passed 20 lbs lost! About a pound is from a change of clothing worn to WI but I wanted the clinic and home scale to be closer.

My coach said they now want people to stay on Phase 1 for 100% - has anyone else heard this yet??

LadyDi2010
01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Has anyone else's coach been pushing the new cleanse? My coach really wanted me to start one next week, and I'm not quite sure its worth it?

DanafromAustin
01-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Well the first week they tell you to have an extra packet if you are hungry, so don't worry about it at all. Generally though you only have one packet at a time, packet for breakfast, lunch and snack. I do remember in the beginning feeling overwhelmed between following all the rules and getting in all of my supplements at the right time. Pretty soon it will all become second nature to you.

Had my 9th WI - lost 6.6 and I officially passed 20 lbs lost! About a pound is from a change of clothing worn to WI but I wanted the clinic and home scale to be closer.

My coach said they now want people to stay on Phase 1 for 100% - has anyone else heard this yet??

Haven't heard that, but I do know our coach suggested to my daughter to get to almost 100% goal (she is almost there) before going to phase 2. Have to check that out at my next WI.

DanafromAustin
01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Has anyone else's coach been pushing the new cleanse? My coach really wanted me to start one next week, and I'm not quite sure its worth it?

Save your money. As long as you aren't having "C" issues I wouldn't do it. I once asked my gastro. doctor (colon cancer runs in my family) and he said, "waste of money." He told me that the body really does know how to take care of such things as long as you are eating healthy and getting in lots of veggies. Thankfully my coach never suggested it, but I would have said no either way. If you are at all concerned there are some very healthy supplements you can buy to keep everything humming along just fine and they aren't laxatives.

Going to be a busy weekend here. My son's 14th birthday is this week and he decided to have a few friends over for the weekend to celebrate. So it looks like lots of junk food, Xbox, going to the movies and just a lot of male bonding. I think I'll put my husband in charge of that. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

frazzledmom04
01-14-2012, 10:54 AM

That's what my coach has told me too which is fine for me. \hopefully I can lose in phase 2 then and be under my goal weight and give myself a little bit of a buffer zone.

omgzitsmiranda
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM
I have a couple questions for you guys.

Is it okay if I go over the 90g of protein a day? The powder that I bought has a higher amount & I switched to 3 servings of that a day..

Also, i've saw people doing eggwhites for breakfast sometimes. How does that go? 2 egg whites? or what? I'm confused on that side of it. Also, that JUST counts as a "packet" right? Not my 8oz of protein at night right?

Renewing Myself
01-14-2012, 12:00 PM
This is day 3 for me and I am feeling pretty good. I do have a slight headache, but nothing to extreme. I think all these veggies are going to be a pain for me, but I just need to look through the recipes and pick out a few to try. I am not a huge salad eater so will look at cooking veggies most of the time. I did have a cup of rutabaga last night and was so full after supper! I didn't get my second cup of veggies in (had cauliflower cooked and ready to eat but was too full).

Thank you to all who post on these threads, it makes it so much easier to stay focused and know we can do it!!!

MaMaZu
01-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Good morning!!

I am SO SO excited this morning!! I was kind of losing some steam because my reward for reaching goal has always been a photo shoot. I was way bummed because I thought I was going to have to do it in the beginning of April because that's when the photographer I want is going to be in town, but I just saw she opened up some dates for the end of May :D I will totally be at goal then, and now I don't have to stress so much.

So I have to say I have stumbled across an awesome recipe that totally satisfies the need for a crunchy veggie. Totally inspired by Wuv's zucchini apple recipe. It would be really good with a soup or as a dessert depending on how you made it (sweet / savory).

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).

I have measured my small zucchini's before and they're just about 1 cup so this went perfect with my 1 cup of bell pepper. Yum!!

I will definitely be trying these, need me some crunch!

purple sky
01-14-2012, 12:13 PM
On my kitchen counter, next to my coffee maker, I have: water filter pitcher, vitamins, shaker, salt and oil. When I come home from work I go directly to that area, take the pills, make dinner and eat. In the morning I take the pills while the water is heating up for coffee. Yet, I have still missed a few times when I was rushed to go out and feed the horses or something else was going on -- no biggie!

This week I forgot a few times. And, I have a pill dispenser. I now have to bring it to the table when I am setting it for dinner. I probably need to bring it to the coffee table because the nighttime one is the one I forget the most.

Good morning!!

Zucchini "Apple" Chips

NavyMommy, these look amazing. My first attempt at Zucchini Chips resulted in a smoky kitchen. Just bought a Mandolin and for some reason went for the thinnest setting. I will try for a thicker setting.

omgzitsmiranda
01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
can we have lime juice?

ShellyT
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Love, love all these recipes! Thank you!

lindac36
01-14-2012, 12:36 PM
good morning all! Happy IP Saturday. Hope everyone has a great weekend

ShellyT
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Love, love all these recipes! Thank you!
By the way lost 6.1 pounds on first weigh in...yahoo!

Shemsham
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
It's the weekend, my goal is to remember my water - I seem to forget that on the weekends :-/
I do have a question - can I make the pudding ahead and just refrigerate it? Will it keep in the fridge for a couple hours?

~Tammy

Traceym
01-14-2012, 01:12 PM
My coach also said phase 2 doesn't start until 100% of my weight is lost

Pamelama
01-14-2012, 01:16 PM

CHAI LATTE OR VANILLA COFFEE LATTE

This is what I do...so rich and creamy...

Makes 1 very large (16oz) or 2 8oz cups (feels more decadent IMO)

Make your coffee or chai tea or any tea,

Make your IP Vanilla Pudding packet with 8oz of water

Pour 1/2 of pudding packet into coffee mug and heat in micro for 30 sec (no more or it will curdle). Repeat when you r finished for 2nd cup :smug:

Add coffee or tea, Stir and enjoy the thick creamy latte. Yummy!:D

Pamelama
01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
can we have lime juice?

Yes pure lime & lemon juice okay. Use it for my seasonings often.

Pamelama
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
It's the weekend, my goal is to remember my water - I seem to forget that on the weekends :-/
I do have a question - can I make the pudding ahead and just refrigerate it? Will it keep in the fridge for a couple hours?

~Tammy

Yup! If you're using a shaker, don't forget to take out the metal ball first! ;)

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Good morning!

Welcome!! Stick with the plan, stay OP and come back here if you need support! :) IP has been an amazing blessing to me and many others on this site.

Navymom, I am going to try these zucchini chips tonight! you have creative recipes :) Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I hope they turn out well. I've got some in the oven as we speak.

Congrats!! That's awesome. I haven't heard the phase 1 for 100% yet, but it seems logical. There is not a whole lot of change between phase one and two and I know a lot of people still lost weight on phase 2 and 3.

There's a really good thread about the cleanse if you do a search. I never did it, and can't really see the value in it personally.

Is it okay if I go over the 90g of protein a day? The powder that I bought has a higher amount & I switched to 3 servings of that a day..

Also, i've saw people doing eggwhites for breakfast sometimes. How does that go? 2 egg whites? or what? I'm confused on that side of it. Also, that JUST counts as a "packet" right? Not my 8oz of protein at night right?

I don't think there's a set amount of protein limit in place, Personally I don't track anything, I just stick as close to the sheets as possible on alternatives. I wouldn't worry about a little extra protein, it's not going to hurt you.

As far as I was told by my coach egg whites are free. I know the first couple days when I was really hungry mid afternoon she told me to scramble up a few egg whites and put some salt on them. I don't think they would count as a protein replacement, but IDK for sure.

can we have lime juice?

From what I was told by my coach, yes you can have a little lime/lemon juice (like for spritzing over fish while cooking or something), but it has to be real lime juice (no added sugars) and not enough to make 'lemonade' or 'limeade' with. I would limit myself to a couple of wedges a day personally.

WTG!!!! Congrats!!!

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 01:51 PM
CHAI LATTE OR VANILLA COFFEE LATTE

Yum!!! Sounds delicious!

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!...I woke up a new woman this morning, I SLEPT through the night!!!...I didn't wake up once!!...I have not done that since starting IP, I think!....I woke up looked at the clock and it said 11:30 I was like WTH????....all I can say is WOW.....Last night my youngest came back home from college for the weekend, he brought down some friends with him that had never been here before and I cooked Gumbo, which they had never tasted before. I cooked 12 quarts of gumbo, 2 lbs of sausage, 5lbs of chicken and 5lbs of potato salad....lets just say there is VERY little left....lol

Also a few of his friends came to visit last night who I hadn't seen in a while and one of them FREAKED out when he saw me. He had NOT seen me since I started the program. I was in my room and when I heard them all get here I walked out and he said OMG!!....where is MY MOMMA???.....he came up and hugged me and said DANG MOMMA you are HOT now...lmao....I said Cody you are CRAZY! and laughed, he said no Momma I am serious....(using some words I can't type on here) You look amazing, I was blushing and said Thank you. My youngest went on to tell his other friends who had never met me of my accomplishment and they were like WOW, one of the girls said she loss ME....then they all started laughing...it was a great night that is for sure.

abuck
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!...I woke up a new woman this morning, I SLEPT through the night!!!...I didn't wake up once!!...I have not done that since starting IP, I think!....I woke up looked at the clock and it said 11:30 I was like WTH????....all I can say is WOW.....Last night my youngest came back home from college for the weekend, he brought down some friends with him that had never been here before and I cooked Gumbo, which they had never tasted before. I cooked 12 quarts of gumbo, 2 lbs of sausage, 5lbs of chicken and 5lbs of potato salad....lets just say there is VERY little left....lol

Also a few of his friends came to visit last night who I hadn't seen in a while and one of them FREAKED out when he saw me. He had NOT seen me since I started the program. I was in my room and when I heard them all get here I walked out and he said OMG!!....where is MY MOMMA???.....he came up and hugged me and said DANG MOMMA you are HOT now...lmao....I said Cody you are CRAZY! and laughed, he said no Momma I am serious....(using some words I can't type on here) You look amazing, I was blushing and said Thank you. My youngest went on to tell his other friends who had never met me of my accomplishment and they were like WOW, one of the girls said she loss ME....then they all started laughing...it was a great night that is for sure.

That's awesome! Honestly, looking at your side profile you look like you weigh much less than your current weight. That's one reason I set my current goal weight at a more modest number. It seems that people seem to lose inches on this diet which is alright by me. All I care about is losing the body fat. I want the muscle!!!

I am having a nice relaxing day at home with my husband. I have a "homemade cookie" oil going and the house smells wonderful. The smell is enough for me. My husband however has asked me a couple times if we have an real cookies, lol!

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 02:37 PM
:mad: ALL of the products that sounded appealing to me from Nashua nutrition (from both Proti-thin and ProtiDiet) has either Fructose or aspartame what the heck!!!!

happy2bme1
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM

congratulations!!! it only gets better. :carrot:

snolover
01-14-2012, 02:52 PM

~Tammy

I always prepare my shakes, Jello etc. the night before for the next day. I find it tastes better when very cold. Mmmmmm!

snolover
01-14-2012, 02:56 PM

Congratulations! That is something that will keep you going for sure (not that you need it...)! Keep reading this post to remind yourself how far you've come. Way to go!!!

happy2bme1
01-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Good morning!

You will do fine. this is the best site and will keep you inspired. keep moving forward, we are all here for you and for each other. :hug:

alaskastarr
01-14-2012, 03:10 PM

Aww Wuv....this is great!!! How awesome is it to hear people say things like that!!! What a wonderful way to start the weekend:hug:

MaMaZu
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM

You're rocking with those recipes, loved your zucchini hummus!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Read some of the posts here about missing vitamins and eating extra packets. Wanted to the reminder out there that salads are free and make a good snack. Also, I was told that if you miss your Cal-Mag pills and double up on them you are just peeing out two pills. Your body won't absorb all 4 at a time. Take two, wait a couple hours and take the other two with some food. Otherwise, it's okay to miss 2 pills as long as it doesn't happen often. Also, be careful not to take your Pot-Cal with the Cal-Mag pills cause they kind of cancel each other out. I was getting confused which ones I had and hadn't taken so I started putting all my pills in a Ziploc snack bag in the morning and then I knew if I'd taken everything. A pill dispenser works great also and you can set up the whole week.

happy2bme1
01-14-2012, 03:41 PM

~Tammy

I have made mine in the morning for that evening.

Persistence70
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
:hug:Im on day 2 and I hope I didn't just mess up :( I had the omelette and rtd chocolate drink for breakfast. Is it OK to have 2 IP products for one meal? I didn't even realize it till it was too late. Thank you for any input :)
Limit yourself to one packet of the IP protein per meal + the 2 cups of vegetables, of course. And you can have "unlimited lettuce"!! Don't get too discouraged, tho. I'm sure a lot of us did similar things in the beginning, too.

Persistence70
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
can we have lime juice?
Treat it like lemon. It's the acidity that's the issue so use sparingly :-)

Survalia
01-14-2012, 04:04 PM
:mad: ALL of the products that sounded appealing to me from Nashua nutrition (from both Proti-thin and ProtiDiet) has either Fructose or aspartame what the heck!!!!

You know, I tried, but was unable to find anything definitive on artificial sweetners. Maybe others have more current information, but I did find this from showgirlaz, dated Sept. 2010:

Regarding sweetners, it is up to your coach. In general the rule is only sucralose (white splenda) or stevia. All sweetener should be used in moderation as it can create carb values as it accumulates in your day. Reason for this is, 1 packet is just under a carb but 2 packets is more than 1.5 carbs. Stevia is general a truly zero carb and a zero glycemic load. Many coaches do prefer it but only a few insist on its use.

Acesulphame K (potassium) is also used to sweeten the products. It is acceptable if you find it in a similar product.

Aspartame is an "if coach permits". It is generally not permitted under the belief it can cause a spike in insulin for some people. Some coaches have spoken directly to Dr. Tran and have learned at one point aspartame was in the products and did not effect weight loss. It is also learned that in general, aspartame will not slow you down. This is not the current preferred sweetener with Ideal Protein and the use of it falls in the "if your coach allows" realm. If using it helps you to stay on program and avoid sugars and you are able to have moderation in using it, many would rather you do that than cheat with something sugary.

Sugar alcohols are acceptable to some extent. AVOID maltodextrin. It causes a glycemic load and insulin spike similar to white table sugar. Some people are sensitive to other sugar alcohols so if you use them, monitor how your body is responding, it you feel a sugar high, or if you stall, perhaps you should avoid that one too.

I wonder if the main reason for avoiding aspartame is the article which has appeared several times about diet soda? The emphasis there (correct me if I am wrong), was the toxic side effects of too much aspartame, and not the fact that it would necessarily inhibit weight loss. And those toxic side effects came with consumption of large amounts of diet soda.

Of course, the use or avoidance of a particular sweetner is a very personal decision. Speaking strictly for myself, the tiny amount that these products contain is far out-weighed by the cost savings.

sekc14
01-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Ester C -- a non-acidic vitamin C, does anyone know whether it's okay to use on IP? http://www.ester-c.com/Benefits.htm

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 04:18 PM
You know, I tried, but was unable to find anything definitive on artificial sweetners. Maybe others have more current information, but I did find this from showgirlaz, dated Sept. 2010:

Regarding sweetners, it is up to your coach. In general the rule is only sucralose (white splenda) or stevia. All sweetener should be used in moderation as it can create carb values as it accumulates in your day. Reason for this is, 1 packet is just under a carb but 2 packets is more than 1.5 carbs. Stevia is general a truly zero carb and a zero glycemic load. Many coaches do prefer it but only a few insist on its use.

Acesulphame K (potassium) is also used to sweeten the products. It is acceptable if you find it in a similar product.

Aspartame is an "if coach permits". It is generally not permitted under the belief it can cause a spike in insulin for some people. Some coaches have spoken directly to Dr. Tran and have learned at one point aspartame was in the products and did not effect weight loss. It is also learned that in general, aspartame will not slow you down. This is not the current preferred sweetener with Ideal Protein and the use of it falls in the "if your coach allows" realm. If using it helps you to stay on program and avoid sugars and you are able to have moderation in using it, many would rather you do that than cheat with something sugary.

Sugar alcohols are acceptable to some extent. AVOID maltodextrin. It causes a glycemic load and insulin spike similar to white table sugar. Some people are sensitive to other sugar alcohols so if you use them, monitor how your body is responding, it you feel a sugar high, or if you stall, perhaps you should avoid that one too.

I wonder if the main reason for avoiding aspartame is the article which has appeared several times about diet soda? The emphasis there (correct me if I am wrong), was the toxic side effects of too much aspartame, and not the fact that it would necessarily inhibit weight loss. And those toxic side effects came with consumption of large amounts of diet soda.

Of course, the use or avoidance of a particular sweetner is a very personal decision. Speaking strictly for myself, the tiny amount that these products contain is far out-weighed by the cost savings.

Thank you so much for this, it helped me understand it much better :)

There are actually a few reasons I avoid aspartame, one that it "should" be avoided etc, and another/main reason is because it does absolutely horrid things to my body (along with other family members as well). My father is diabetic and I am borderline/high risk for it, so we used to only drink diet products and crystal light etc, well we both ended up really sick and found an article that explained a lot of symptoms we were having as problems caused by aspartame and it suggested trying to cut out aspartame and seeing if it helped with some of the symptoms...well they almost all went away....in BOTH of us!!!!

Again thank you for taking the time and finding that for me :D

patns
01-14-2012, 04:24 PM

~Tammy

This is where I found a difference between the IP products and the alternatives. The IP puddings were great when I made them and took them to work. All the alternative puddings I tried turned to swill after a few hours. I now use the alternative pudding packs only as shakes with lots of water.

Pat

4kiddos
01-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I was wanting to make the chips from the crepe package. It calls for 2 pkgs so does this have to be counted as 2 restrictives? I wouldn't think it would make enough chips to divide into two batches? Just curious. AND if I make the "pizza" with the crepe then I am not allowed my bar in the morning since that would be two restrictives?

Persistence70
01-14-2012, 04:37 PM

Is it okay if I go over the 90g of protein a day? The powder that I bought has a higher amount & I switched to 3 servings of that a day (I've done the research).

You have to remember the the amount of actual absorbable protein you get from animal protein (including eggs) or other soy or whey powders is not equivalent to what you get from the IP packaged proteins. Those are about 30% absorbable where the IP ones are nearly 100% absorbable. (I've done the research)

In maintenance (Phase 4) you must eat AT LEAST half your body weight of protein a day. So if you are 140lbs. your body requires 70g minimum of protein a day. During the weight loss phase you will easily meet & exceed this requirement which is "ideal", so yes you can have more than 90g a day but how much protein are you really getting?

purple sky
01-14-2012, 04:40 PM

Awesome...that's the best.

Persistence70
01-14-2012, 04:45 PM

The problem with sodas is the acidity. All sodas are bad, the dark colored ones are the worse (more acidic). This is an Acid Neutral diet. The physiology behind it is solid. Phosphoric acid is to blame.

JoLoMN
01-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Jelly. Wow! I just saw your total progress; you rock!

Lisa, love the story! Your attitude and stories are always inspirational; you are already a fantastic coach to all of us.

Day 2 of maintenance for me. Feels weird and like there are endless choices. Rereading The Unbalanced Diet this weekend to ensure I'm prepared.

Congrats to all on he SVs and NSVs! You got this!

Jo

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Jelly. Wow! I just saw your total progress; you rock!

Lisa, love the story! Your attitude and stories are always inspirational; you are already a fantastic coach to all of us.

Day 2 of maintenance for me. Feels weird and like there are endless choices. Rereading The Unbalanced Diet this weekend to ensure I'm prepared.

Congrats to all on he SVs and NSVs! You got this!

Jo

Thanks Jo, enjoy your maintenance :)

Linden
01-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Otherwise, it's okay to miss 2 pills as long as it doesn't happen often. Also, be careful not to take your Pot-Cal with the Cal-Mag pills cause they kind of cancel each other out.

Hi. Could you please give us a reference or two concerning this? I'd really appreciate it. And maybe I should also ask if you mean putting too much calcium together in the package with magnesium and potassium? In other words, is it all right to combine Ma and K, but not Ma, K, and calcium? I've searched but can't find any information.

Linden
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Ester C -- a non-acidic vitamin C, does anyone know whether it's okay to use on IP? http://www.ester-c.com/Benefits.htm

OK and probably good, in my book, especially in the winter. Vitamin C is also about the only vitamin you can not take too much of according to what I've read. If someone else knows something else, please post. But I think I'm pretty sound on this.

mrsmurphy
01-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Wuv that's awesome!!

OH this might be a stupid question BUT, are we allowed JELLO? if so, i'm assuming the sugar free, but are their any other stipulations?

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Wuv that's awesome!!

OH this might be a stupid question BUT, are we allowed JELLO? if so, i'm assuming the sugar free, but are their any other stipulations?

No, we can't have the Jello you can buy at the store

4kiddos
01-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Wuv that's awesome!!

Sugar free jello on the shelf contains aspartame. So avoid it in Phase 1. You will want to make your own if you want to eat some. I know there is a recipe around here somewhere, not sure right now. (sorry). I am not aware of any other alternatives. Congrats on the WI and NSV by the way!

4kiddos
01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
@Wuv ~ Can you give me your thoughts on my post (pg 5 last post). Thanks!

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 05:16 PM
There is pure protein jello from netrition :) Here is the link

http://www6.netrition.com/worldwide_pure_protein_gelatin.html

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Just got home from Wal-Mart, why on earth is Subway so smelly? I smelled it the whole time I was in the store. On the up side I was able to walk past all the other temptations there. I have even been eying size 8 pants at different stores just to keep up my motivation. I hope that's where I'll be when I'm at goal. It's fun to think about getting dressed when you have a cute body to dress!

Lisa - What an awesome evening!! You're doing amazing!

Can you tell me what you're looking at? I use many of those products and have been able to find lots of choices, in fact sometimes I have trouble limiting my order.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am also not sold on the "no fructose" rule that some have mentioned. When I looked there was still one IP product with fructose (although I think the nutrition information on this site is dated), but even if that's not available anymore products still list fruits as ingredients in some products which would contain fructose. There are also different sugars and corn syrup in the IP products, so I figure fructose can't be any worse.

However; if anyone knows why fructose would be a no no I would love to hear it. I asked in the alternative thread and didn't get an answer but not as many people read that.

I was wanting to make the chips from the crepe package. It calls for 2 pkgs so does this have to be counted as 2 restrictives? I wouldn't think it would make enough chips to divide into two batches? Just curious. AND if I make the "pizza" with the crepe then I am not allowed my bar in the morning since that would be two restrictives?

Yes, if you make it with two packages it counts as two restricteds (and 2 packets) so you would have to divide it up. You could always choose a different drink or something instead of a bar if you decide to have the pizza.

No, we're not allowed Jello. At least every package I have seen has aspartame as the sweetener, which is a no no. (LOL - with all the interruptions at my house it takes me so long to finish a post you've already gotten several answers. IMO though the IP Raspberry Jelly is just as good as Jello)

purple sky
01-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know if this counts as an NSV but when I dressed today I noticed significant side cleavage (not sure what terms we can use here) reduction. Significant.

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 05:30 PM
@Wuv ~ Can you give me your thoughts on my post (pg 5 last post). Thanks!

I think Navy mom answered it for me :)

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Can you tell me what you're looking at? I use many of those products and have been able to find lots of choices, in fact sometimes I have trouble limiting my order.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am also not sold on the "no fructose" rule that some have mentioned. When I looked there was still one IP product with fructose (although I think the nutrition information on this site is dated), but even if that's not available anymore products still list fruits as ingredients in some products which would contain fructose. There are also different sugars and corn syrup in the IP products, so I figure fructose can't be any worse.

However; if anyone knows why fructose would be a no no I would love to hear it. I asked in the alternative thread and didn't get an answer but not as many people read that.

Well all of the "juice" drinks I was going to order on Proti-thin all have aspartame....so do the puddings (which is what I was looking into)

Then protiDiet all the juice drinks too! LOL That is what I was really looking forward to getting was the juices or puddings. Oh well.

and then both of the thin & diet's a lot have fructose (which I guess is a mixed opinion on if we should have it or not lol)

EmilySebetka
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
So... I have tried the chili, jelly, soy patty, and the milk and dark chocolate puddings. I liked all of it!! The dark chocolate pudding tasted like cake batter...yum! The chili tasted real. I'm satisfied with the food...except the pink lemonade drink... Kinda left a film on my tongue. I think I threw myself out of ketosis accidentally. I was using Crystal Light lemonade which has 3g carbs per 1/2 packet... I had 2 packets. Arg... But I'm hoping I have a good loss this week.

NavyMommy
01-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Well all of the "juice" drinks I was going to order on Proti-thin all have aspartame....so do the puddings (which is what I was looking into)

Then protiDiet all the juice drinks too! LOL That is what I was really looking forward to getting was the juices or puddings. Oh well.

and then both of the thin & diet's a lot have fructose (which I guess is a mixed opinion on if we should have it or not lol)

Aw bummer!! I have to admit I was not a huge fan of the IP puddings so I haven't even looked at them. I have noticed that some of the fruity drinks do, but those never filled me up as much as the hot ones. The Proti-Thin Cappuccino is really good, I have that every morning for breakfast. This time I also ordered the chocolate so I will let you know when it comes Wednesday how that is. Have you checked out the alternatives thread? Most of those people have been on alternatives much longer than I have so they have more of a selection. I have posted the ones I ordered last time on there too so that might give you some ideas.

Oh and the Cranberry Fusion drink has Splenda so that might be a good choice if that one appeals to you.

mrsmurphy
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Where does it say that the juice drinks for proidiet contain aspartame? I was going to order some... I just want to know what to look for?

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Where does it say that the juice drinks for proidiet contain aspartame? I was going to order some... I just want to know what to look for?

If you click on the product it goes to the "ingredient page" and it's actually listed in the ingredients towards the bottom :/ Hope this helps ;)

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Aw bummer!! I have to admit I was not a huge fan of the IP puddings so I haven't even looked at them. I have noticed that some of the fruity drinks do, but those never filled me up as much as the hot ones. The Proti-Thin Cappuccino is really good, I have that every morning for breakfast. This time I also ordered the chocolate so I will let you know when it comes Wednesday how that is. Have you checked out the alternatives thread? Most of those people have been on alternatives much longer than I have so they have more of a selection. I have posted the ones I ordered last time on there too so that might give you some ideas.

Oh and the Cranberry Fusion drink has Splenda so that might be a good choice if that one appeals to you.

Yeah I looked at most of the alternative thread (it's HUGE LOL) and I am going to be using the Pure protein jello, Atkins day break bars (there are a couple that are within the limits) and then EAS Whey protein powder for the drinks.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I had the chili over turnip fries today and it was fantastic! We're trying miracle noodles for dinner.

My pants are falling off! I only have two or three pair so having to keep pulling them up gets annoying x.x I'm not sure if it's because I've lost weight or if it's because the pants were too big already.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi. Could you please give us a reference or two concerning this? I'd really appreciate it. And maybe I should also ask if you mean putting too much calcium together in the package with magnesium and potassium? In other words, is it all right to combine Ma and K, but not Ma, K, and calcium? I've searched but can't find any information.

My coach couldn't give me an exact reason but said to avoid it because they cancel each other out. Perhaps taking one with the other makes it harder for your body to absorb everything. I'm on the IP Natura supplements not store bought ones if that makes a difference.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-14-2012, 07:08 PM
OK and probably good, in my book, especially in the winter. Vitamin C is also about the only vitamin you can not take too much of according to what I've read. If someone else knows something else, please post. But I think I'm pretty sound on this.

That's the same as with most supplements in that if you take more than your body will use you're just peeing it out. So if you overdo it you're just wasting money.

*edit according to this site you can OD on Vit C

http://thevitaminsource.net/can-you-overdose-on-vitamin-c/

Linden
01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
There is pure protein jello from netrition :) Here is the link

http://www6.netrition.com/worldwide_pure_protein_gelatin.html

Hey. Where are the ESSENTIAL amino acids? And other nutrients? Protein and carbohydrates are only two of the considerations here if health is the objective. This product is not a substitute for anything, in my estimation.

PLEASE. If you're committed to this program, read, do your research, think about how your body responds,

If you're doing alternatives, do MORE research. This is NOT a difficult program, as so many people say. What is difficult is commitment.

It is, however, a COMPLEX program. If you're using IP products and you follow the sheets you're given you will probably do well, especially with the guidance of a really competent and knowledgeable coach, one who has also done a considerable amount of research and has a good sense for nuances among different clients.

Otherwise you are truly on your own. So get to know the nuances. PLEASE.

Linden
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
That's the same as with most supplements in that if you take more than your body will use you're just peeing it out. So if you overdo it you're just wasting money.

*edit according to this site you can OD on Vit C

http://thevitaminsource.net/can-you-overdose-on-vitamin-c/

Well, OK, it says if you take 2000 mg that MAY be an overdose. Since 80 mg is 100% of the daily requirement, and it's unlikely most, even many, people would take 10 times that much, I'm not worried. Are you?

Linden
01-14-2012, 07:31 PM
My coach couldn't give me an exact reason but said to avoid it because they cancel each other out. Perhaps taking one with the other makes it harder for your body to absorb everything. I'm on the IP Natura supplements not store bought ones if that makes a difference.

I'm not challenging either you or your coach. I just really want to know. Could you please ask? The part about Ma and K cancelling each other versus Ma plus K being cancelled when one includes calcium is the essential point.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, OK, it says if you take 2000 mg that MAY be an overdose. Since 80 mg is 100% of the daily requirement, and it's unlikely most, even many, people would take 10 times that much, I'm not worried. Are you?

I'm not worried for me because I know that the daily dosage is plenty. But for someone out there that might think, "if it's good to take Vitamin C then it must be better to take a lot of Vitamin C" it's better to say that if you take too much it could be harmful. And those that may take an "extra" thinking that it will help them not knowing that their body may simply not absorb it and they will eliminate it in their urine. It may save them some money to know they shouldn't double up, because it isn't really helping them.

I did some looking around for info on the absorption thing and couldn't really find anything except about Calcium and Iron. Oh well, I'll still keep them separate and maybe ask my doctor.

Jodysbeach
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
:carrot::carrot:I went to a kiddie party today and passed on the pizza and cake. I didn't care but a friend noticed my willpower and that made me feel good.

Jodysbeach
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the recipes

Jodysbeach
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Has anyone tried the new tea drink?

omgzitsmiranda
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Day 6 going strong! Here for many more to come! It gets easier day by day, I was skeptical at first; but I'm here to say it really does. ;)

nikkib
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM

If you want fruit flavor drinks check out the HealthSmart ones. They have quite a few that are made with Sucralose. You can get a Aspartame free variety pack also to check out the flavors without being stuck with a whole box you don't like. I also like to get the Health Smart Golden Delicious Pancake (6 carb, 1 sugar and 15 protein) and the Proti Diet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (6 carb, 0 sugar, 15 protein, made with sucralose AND not restricted. Love both of them so much I rotate for breakfast every day :)

canadiancandy
01-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi yall .... hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Gratz Wuv on everything, exciting life changes. Thank you for sharing them with us, you are very inspirational.

p.s. i see some supplement talk happened earlier in the thread, i always have to take an extra potassium pill or i get terrible leg cramps. i always take it with dinner and my last 2 cal/mag .... should i be waiting to take extra potassium during my evening snack, on it's own?

stmpspaz
01-14-2012, 08:16 PM
What in the world have I been doing forever! Wow, tonight I took a pork chop, placed in a non stick pan, added Mrs. Dash - and cooked. It was delicious. Juicy, I could taste the meat, it was great! No more breading and covering with stuff for me!!

My daughter and I made the "banana muffins" today - our egg whites wouldn't stiffen - we added them anyway to the zucchini, etc - different texture on them. But they really are tasty! We are going to try using chocolate tomorrow!

Curious - since I used only 1 packet of banana pudding - I can eat them all today right? I didn't eat them all at once, but liked being able to "snack" on them.

canadiancandy
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
i don't see why you couldn't eat them all, given the zucchini was already counted towards your vegies

zzsmom
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't know if this counts as an NSV but when I dressed today I noticed significant side cleavage (not sure what terms we can use here) reduction. Significant.

Sounds like a victory to me! :)

Linden
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm not worried for me because I know that the daily dosage is plenty. But for someone out there that might think, "if it's good to take Vitamin C then it must be better to take a lot of Vitamin C" it's better to say that if you take too much it could be harmful. And those that may take an "extra" thinking that it will help them not knowing that their body may simply not absorb it and they will eliminate it in their urine. It may save them some money to know they shouldn't double up, because it isn't really helping them.

I did some looking around for info on the absorption thing and couldn't really find anything except about Calcium and Iron. Oh well, I'll still keep them separate and maybe ask my doctor.

I honestly don't think people are dumb enough to take over 20 times the normal recommendation.

And calcium and thyroid medicine are absolutely anathema.

As for "pee" out. Check out Niacin, especially for people over 50. I could go on but, like the example I just gave, they are particular to individuals. But then, we all are. ;)

mompattie
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey fellow IPers! I have a quick question! I'm doing mostly alternatives, but still love some of the IP packets I can't find anywhere else (Pina Colada drink, butterscotch pudding). I also use the IP vitamins as I haven't been able to find suitable alternatives. I take the Cal-Mag, potassium, and the multivitamin.

What are your thoughts on the omega supplement? Should I be taking this? Are there any other supp's I should be taking? Thanks!!!!

stmpspaz
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
quick question. I'm full... yes, really! So, I don't think I am going to need my snack for tonight (1 ip food). So - do I need to have it for a balance or something - or should I just skip it.

Found out the dressing I have been using had all the zeros - except in carbs! Ugh - but, I have only used a couple tablespoons, so I'm just gonna stop use something else and not fret now.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi yall .... hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Gratz Wuv on everything, exciting life changes. Thank you for sharing them with us, you are very inspirational.

p.s. i see some supplement talk happened earlier in the thread, i always have to take an extra potassium pill or i get terrible leg cramps. i always take it with dinner and my last 2 cal/mag .... should i be waiting to take extra potassium during my evening snack, on it's own?

I'd say if it's working for you why change it? But I'm still new to IP and to taking supplements. So I'd also say if it is something that worries you talk to your coach or doctor.

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 09:27 PM
quick question. I'm full... yes, really! So, I don't think I am going to need my snack for tonight (1 ip food). So - do I need to have it for a balance or something - or should I just skip it.

Found out the dressing I have been using had all the zeros - except in carbs! Ugh - but, I have only used a couple tablespoons, so I'm just gonna stop use something else and not fret now.

EAT IT!!.....its for balance!...you need it for it to work !

Beanie Mommy
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Question for those who can't stand the WF salad dressings (like me - ugh... can't stand them)... what are you using to make all this lettuce bearable?

I've been using pickle juice from no sugar added bread and butter pickle chips (they're made with Splenda), but that's getting a little old. Any better ideas?

purple sky
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
EAT IT!!.....its for balance!...you need it for it to work !

Do we also need to have an IP product at the same time we have lunch? I ask because today I was out of the house, got hungry and had a drink with me in the car. So, that helped. When I got home an 1 or 2 later I had lunch. I went ahead and had my IP product with lunch but I truly didn't feel like I needed it then. I wasn't too hungry. Basically, I consumed my 3 packets for the day by lunchtime. I will probably have the drink for the evening snack since it is the lightest.

CysterLeanne
01-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey. Where are the ESSENTIAL amino acids? And other nutrients? Protein and carbohydrates are only two of the considerations here if health is the objective. This product is not a substitute for anything, in my estimation.

PLEASE. If you're committed to this program, read, do your research, think about how your body responds,

If you're doing alternatives, do MORE research. This is NOT a difficult program, as so many people say. What is difficult is commitment.

It is, however, a COMPLEX program. If you're using IP products and you follow the sheets you're given you will probably do well, especially with the guidance of a really competent and knowledgeable coach, one who has also done a considerable amount of research and has a good sense for nuances among different clients.

Hi. Sorry I didn't mean to cause an uproar I had actually seen that a few other people were using it on the alternative thread, so I assumed it was ok. Sorry again.

lkp888
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Has anyone tried the new tea drink?

I noticed that someone posted a new thread saying that IP had a Tea out, but I don't think my clinic has it yet. I heard that it was a Green Tea, but I don't no anything else about it.

stmpspaz
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Question for those who can't stand the WF salad dressings (like me - ugh... can't stand them)... what are you using to make all this lettuce bearable?

I've been using pickle juice from no sugar added bread and butter pickle chips (they're made with Splenda), but that's getting a little old. Any better ideas?

I was using a great dressing that I thought was all zeros. But then I read it again and it has carbs. But, before that I was using a recipe I found here and it was great.

POPPY SEED DRESSING

1/3 cup olive oil (Can also use Sesame or Walnut oil, but Ideal Protein Phase 1 prefer use is Olive)
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 shallot or small onion, minced
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper

In bowl or jar, whisk or shake together oil, vinegar, shallot, poppy seeds, Splenda, salt and pepper.
-Makes 1/2 cup.

Pasted from <http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland-8.html>

lindac36
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
So sad the Saints lost, but, I didn't drown my sorrows in beer! Yea for me! They played a great game!

Gardengurl71
01-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Went bowling with friends...everyone had burgers and fries and chicken strips and mozzarella sticks...I sipped water and had my IP snack.no problem!!!! Yay!!!!

Danni1
01-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Went bowling with friends...everyone had burgers and fries and chicken strips and mozzarella sticks...I sipped water and had my IP snack.no problem!!!! Yay!!!!

Great Job!!!

DanafromAustin
01-15-2012, 12:49 AM

My one complaint with IP is some of the coaches I hear about out there. I question how competent and knowledgeable some of these coaches are. Yes they my know the program, but what do they really know about nutrition. It is serious business and I would want someone with some background in nutrition before they start telling me to do so and so.

What are your thoughts on the omega supplement? Should I be taking this? Are there any other supp's I should be taking? Thanks!!!!

I personally think omegas are very important. I've been taking Omega 3's for years. Great for your heart, your skin, your joints, and so many other parts of your body. However be warned, not all Omegas are created equal. Omegas are one of those supplements that you really need to buy a good quality one. I personally use Nordic Naturals. The Walmart brands fall far short of a good quality omega.

So sad the Saints lost, but, I didn't drown my sorrows in beer! Yea for me! They played a great game!

Sorry, 49er fan here. Born and raised in San Francisco. Go 9ers!!!!

JoLoMN
01-15-2012, 06:16 AM

WTG! You got this! :hug:

FoolishHeart
01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone! So... my weigh in this week went exceptionally well... down 8.5 lbs! Quite a pleasant shock! Woo hoo!

New Englander
01-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone! So... my weigh in this week went exceptionally well... down 8.5 lbs! Quite a pleasant shock! Woo hoo!
That's great! Congratulations and enjoy the "high"!!! :)

ShanCo
01-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Woohoo!!! I bought a pair of jeans 2 weeks ago because I got tired of wearing my maternity clothes (my son is 5 months old!) and none of my pre-baby pants would fit....put them on this morning and they just fall off, tried on my pre-baby jeans and I'm in them now!!!

lbixby
01-15-2012, 09:16 AM

That is awesome! I hope that i see the same results some day! Happy for you!!:D

sweetv727
01-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I started IP 12/27 and have lost 10 pds so far. My WI#3 is tomorrow. I have been playing with the ideal of going to alternative products due to cost. Don't know why I'm so afraid to try other products but know I need to do something different financially.

I have been reading the post and would like to say you all have been a great deal of support. :carrot:

MaMaZu
01-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Wow! Great way to start a Sunday!

MaMaZu
01-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Woohoo!!! I bought a pair of jeans 2 weeks ago because I got tired of wearing my maternity clothes (my son is 5 months old!) and none of my pre-baby pants would fit....put them on this morning and they just fall off, tried on my pre-baby jeans and I'm in them now!!!

Love that!

uolecrab
01-15-2012, 10:01 AM
FYI AMAZON has the Miracle noodles 15% off today 1/15/12

DanafromAustin
01-15-2012, 10:33 AM

WTG, great weigh in!

It's still early, but hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday so far. My son has friends over for a sleepover and I don't think these boys have slept all night. I know at 4am my husband had to go in and tell them to lower the volume. They are going to be three tired puppies today, and my son still has some math homework he HAS to finish today. Should be lots of fun, NOT!

omgzitsmiranda
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I have a NSV for you guys!
I've only been on IP for a week [tomorrow!] and I can already feel a complete difference AND I can already tell a difference! My pants are already fitting better and the best one ever....

My Mom was so skeptical about this whole thing, but she said she's proud of me for sticking with it & that she can totally tell a difference too! :D

Sooooo happy!

Survalia
01-15-2012, 11:54 AM
The problem with sodas is the acidity. All sodas are bad, the dark colored ones are the worse (more acidic). This is an Acid Neutral diet. The physiology behind it is solid. Phosphoric acid is to blame.

Thanks for the clarification! However, now I am curious about this. Why acid neutral? Gosh, I am sure learning a ton of stuff from you guys. Thanks!

Bellamack
01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

I am enjoying having my daughter home from Cali... she will leave on tuesday :(

Vitamins are a complexing thing. One thing I do know is that too much calciu does just pass through. Ca-Mg need to be in a certain ratio in order to be absorbed efficiently. Calcium should not be taken in close proximity to Thyroid meds (at least 1 hr out) If you use the IP vitamins they are in the right ratio. I use the K-Ca from IP still ( hard to find a sub without research and combining on your own) My other vitamins are from HSN (Andrew Lessman), they are great vitamins with good QC, but probably around the same price as IP. and YES, Omega's are important, esp. dieting effects the skin and hair.

Keep going, everyone is doing well, I am still just trying to maintain until my company leaves on tuesday. I will be back chatting away after that.

ShellyT
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
FYI AMAZON has the Miracle noodles 15% off today 1/15/12
Thank you!

Gardengurl71
01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I tried the WF Thousand Island during my first couple days OP...I couldn't stand it and threw the whole (expensive) bottle away! I stick with plain old vinegar and oil...same dressing my grandmother always used on salad.
1 tsp.olive oil and 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar...you can whisk together(or just add to salad directly) and add salt,pepper, and your choice of spices (I don't add any). This works great for me on my salads. Sometimes I use extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil...

I have also added a shake of Mrs.Dash Fiesta Lime...gives the salad a little kick

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!
:)

ShellyT
01-15-2012, 12:33 PM
I will have to look for the chili lime mrs. Dash. That sounds good.

Pamelama
01-15-2012, 12:55 PM
WTG, great weigh in!

It's still early, but hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday so far. My son has friends over for a sleepover and I don't think these boys have slept all night. I know at 4am my husband had to go in and tell them to lower the volume. They are going to be three tired puppies today, and my son still has some math homework he HAS to finish today. Should be lots of fun, NOT!

Lol! When my 13 yr old daughter comes home from a sleepover, we have to brace ourselves for the inevitable emotional breakdown from lack of sleep... :dizzy: Good luck with the hw... Does he have tomorrow off (MLK)? That would help..

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm feeling a bit nauseous today. Not sure if it's from the too sweet tasting bar I had for breakfast or not (I just can't handle stuff that tastes that sweet). I think I may start to be getting more tired as well. I usually sleep about 6 or 7 hours and these past two days I've been sleeping for 12!

MaMaZu
01-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I tried the WF Thousand Island during my first couple days OP...I couldn't stand it and threw the whole (expensive) bottle away! I stick with plain old vinegar and oil...same dressing my grandmother always used on salad.
1 tsp.olive oil and 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar...you can whisk together(or just add to salad directly) and add salt,pepper, and your choice of spices (I don't add any). This works great for me on my salads. Sometimes I use extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil...

I have also added a shake of Mrs.Dash Fiesta Lime...gives the salad a little kick

I do the same, whisking in some mustard and Herbs de Provence for a Mustard Vinegarette.

snolover
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Good afternoon everyone. This is my recipe for a salad dressing that I enjoy everyday. Hope you like it!

1 tsp (5 mL) salt -I didn't use that much
1 / 2 tsp (2 mL) Splenda
1 / 4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
1 / 2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
1 / 2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
1 cup (250 ml) oil
1 / 2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar

Shake everything in a bottle and voilą. Mmmmm! I only use 2-3 tsp on my salad. Enjoy!

happy2bme1
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM

good for you!!!! YEAH!!!:dizzy:

happy2bme1
01-15-2012, 01:54 PM

WOW!!! that is awesome.:carrot:

happy2bme1
01-15-2012, 01:57 PM

you must have felt wonderful!!! So Many great success stories. keeps me excited!!!! :carrot::carrot:

purple sky
01-15-2012, 02:15 PM

If you ever make the Big Mac in a Bowl, you might like the Thousand Island. I never tried it plain. Heard it was awful but in the recipe it's perfect.

I like your dressing. This is a version of what I used to make before. Probably with more olive oil and balsamic but I will try yours. I, too, struggle with the Walden Farms.

Renewing Myself
01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Happy Sunday everyone, this is day 4 for me and I woke up feeling pretty good. Not totally full of energy but much more than I have had the previous three days.

I have a couple of questions: does the water I put in with my drinks or puddings count for my water consumption for the day?

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies :dizzy: I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.

Also my daughter and I went to the mall yesterday and I sat and watched her eat a A & W Momma burger and onion rings! I had a large mint tea and my snack and was just fine. Yeah me! The hamburger did smell wonderful though!

abuck
01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon! Everyone sounds like they are having awesome NSVs. :cp: I had to buy some black pants (size 18) on New Year's Eve b/c I couldn't wear jeans. I should have bought a size 20 b/c they were so tight I had to wear Spanx and they were still so snug that I actually unbuttoned my pants once we left and got into the car I unbuttoned them b/c I was SO uncomfortable. Today I wore those same pants (without Spanx) and they fit perfect. They actually fit very relaxed and comfortable. Thank you IP!

I have been sleeping really long and deeply too. Atleast 9 hrs per night and not having to take anything either. During the day I am much more alert and no longer need my afternoon nap.

abuck
01-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I have a couple of questions: does the water I put in with my drinks or puddings count for my water consumption for the day?

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies :dizzy: I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.

I would still drink AT LEAST the minimum 64 oz of water in addition to the water for puddings. Due to the poor nutrient quality of lettuce it is not counted towards the 2 cups of veggies. If you think you can only get in a salad and chicken then use spinach for your salad. It counts! There have been times that I have been too full and I will cook cabbage. It really reduces in size that way. You can do this with spinach too.

Congrats on the temptations. I have still having occasional cravings. My husband and daughter still eat a lot of the same things we all used to infront of me. I sometimes feel the need to snack when bored or tired but have gotten into tea drinking and it has really helped.

DanafromAustin
01-15-2012, 03:07 PM
My Mom was so skeptical about this whole thing, but she said she's proud of me for sticking with it & that she can totally tell a difference too! :D

Always great to have family support. My mom lives in CA so I only get to see her every 3 months or so. It's fun now because she likes seeing the changes in me since I last saw her. Her next visit will be late February. Can't wait to see her reaction again.

and YES, Omega's are important, esp. dieting effects the skin and hair.

I think already being on Omegas before starting IP really saved me this time from loosing hair on this diet. Now at the start of four months I'm still having very little hair loss and I really have to attribute the Omega 3 I take.

Lol! When my 13 yr old daughter comes home from a sleepover, we have to brace ourselves for the inevitable emotional breakdown from lack of sleep... :dizzy: Good luck with the hw... Does he have tomorrow off (MLK)? That would help..

His friends have all gone home and now I'm just left with a over tired grumpy 14 year old. I homeschool him, but he is way too advanced in math for me, so he takes a math class from this awesome teacher who LOVES to give lots of homework. Except for math, I thought about giving him the day off, but truthfully he has such a busy week this week with lessons, activities, friends and so on, that I think he will need to put in some school hours. I think I won't let him know that his public schools friends have school off tomorrow, although I'm sure someone will text him and let the cat out of the bag. :devil:

alaskastarr
01-15-2012, 03:12 PM

This is great! I can't wait for this to happen to me. I need to start working out myself. I have been so stressed with something going on at work though.

Congratulations on the NSV :hug: WTG!!! Keep moving forward toward your goal!!!

DanafromAustin
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Happy Sunday everyone, this is day 4 for me and I woke up feeling pretty good. Not totally full of energy but much more than I have had the previous three days.

Also my daughter and I went to the mall yesterday and I sat and watched her eat a A & W Momma burger and onion rings! I had a large mint tea and my snack and was just fine. Yeah me! The hamburger did smell wonderful though!

Unfortunately that water doesn't count, but you could drink decaf tea and that would count if you want some variety.

Just having lettuce for your vegetable is kind of limiting, both in taste and nutrients. I don't eat much lettuce myself when I want to make a salad. Instead I use spinach which is packed with nutrients and just add a few chopped up vegetables like celery and cucumbers. For the rest of my veggies, I usually roast them with olive oil and sea salt to make them crispy and more flavorful.

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 03:50 PM

You MUST have a MINIMUM of 64oz of water a day. The water you put in your packets DO NOT count toward your water. As Dana suggest have some herbal teas, those would count toward your water.

Lettuce is a "FREE" veggie and DOES NOT count toward your 2 cups of veggies. You can spread your veggies out through out the day for like say a snack between meals you could have 1 cup of veggies instead of waiting to eat all 2 cups at lunch or dinner. I usually have a cucumber(1 1/2c) for lunch, them a few pickles later in the afternoon for my other 1/2cup

Looks like we have some awesome numbers on the WI's and some wonderful NVS. Its a beautiful day here in Ms so I am going to enjoy the day out today!

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Renewing Myself

You MUST have a MINIMUM of 64oz of water a day. The water you put in your packets DO NOT count toward your water. As Dana suggest have some herbal teas, those would count toward your water.

Also the 2 cups of veggies, that can just be 2 cups of lettuce if that is what I want for that meal? I have been having a hard time getting in the 2 cups of veggies at supper meal. 8 oz of meat his huge portion and then 2 cups of veggies I had rutabaga and cauliflower last night with 8 oz of chicken breast meat and I cannot eat it all, I would do better with just a salad and chicken.
Lettuce is a "FREE" veggie and DOES NOT count toward your 2 cups of veggies. You can spread your veggies out through out the day for like say a snack between meals you could have 1 cup of veggies instead of waiting to eat all 2 cups at lunch or dinner. I usually have a cucumber(1 1/2c) for lunch, them a few pickles later in the afternoon for my other 1/2cup

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Since we have a lot of newbies here is a link that I found way back its IP Tips for newbies...maybe you can find some more wisdom there..enjoy!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203511-ip-tips-newbies.html

omgzitsmiranda
01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Quick question for you guys. How many carbs can a sugar free candy have that I can have? I found the sugar free lifesavers free of aspartame, but it still has carbs in it. :)

Renewing Myself
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the answers. I have been drinking over my needed limit so it has been okay and I usually have a couple of large herbal teas throughout the day so I can easily get in my water. I will also stagger my veggies more. I had a large salad at lunch with peppers, spinach, mixed greens and cauliflower (also a pudding) so it was all good.

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the answers. I have been drinking over my needed limit so it has been okay and I usually have a couple of large herbal teas throughout the day so I can easily get in my water. I will also stagger my veggies more. I had a large salad at lunch with peppers, spinach, mixed greens and cauliflower (also a pudding) so it was all good.

The more water you get in the better you will be. I drink 3-4liters a day sometimes 4. Staggering your veggies will help you out, it will help with the "sncaking" feeling as well :)

New Englander
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I just need to vent for a minute...My TOM is coming up any day and I'm so flipping hungry!!! Okay. Thanks for listening..I feel better! ;)

canadiancandy
01-15-2012, 04:25 PM
hi yall, wanting to wish everyone a happy sunday :) (its my fav day of the week)

Has anyone tried the mighty leaf iced tea? Its supposed to be very good and just like reg hot tea 0/0/0 all across. I got some today, ginger peach but of course it wont be chilled for hrs :( lol

canadiancandy
01-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I just need to vent for a minute...My TOM is coming up any day and I'm so flipping hungry!!! Okay. Thanks for listening..I feel better! ;)

I hate that too, hormones grrrrrrrr lol

4kiddos
01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I hate that too, hormones grrrrrrrr lol

So glad to hear I am not the only one! The last couple of days have been terrible. Yesterday (if I had not been on IP) I would have been on a sugar rampage. So glad that I wasn't, however I was having those "I gotta have something but nothing seems to be doing it for me" days. I tried to make zucchini chips with splenda and cinnamon and they turned out terrible. I thought about making chips from crepes but I knew I would all of them and not ration so I decided against it. Just want something sweet. *Sigh* :(

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Wow! Congrats. Job well done...

canadiancandy
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
@4kiddos ... I have those days too during it ... i will freely admit to drowning my pudding cakes in WF pancake syrup! It hit the spot lol ... Pre-IP though a sugar rampage would be the best description of it, i could decimate a chocolate bar isle. LoLzzz

@PBNJ ... i still had some leg cramps even with the extra potassium @ night with my cal mag. Last i decided to space them out and guess what?!?!?! NO leg cramps @ all today w000h000 :) I believe there maybe something to what your coach was saying! I would also suggest to anyone else dealing with bad leg cramps to try it

FoolishHeart
01-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone, for the congrats! I'm excited! But remembering that is very unusual and certainly won't happen every week (if ever again!). I'm happy with 3 lbs per week!

I'm sorry for all the Hungry's out there! I hate those days! Hang in there, you'll get through it. Lots of hot tea, lettuce and some pickles...

So... my mom wants me to become a coach. LOL I don't even use IP products! She says I'm so well informed I could do it, and I keep telling her that all my info comes from this wonderful forum and all the helpful people who have been doing this. It's certainly brewing in my mind... but how would I do it? I have me some research to do.

Time to make some dinner. Have a wonderful evening y'all!

Gaia
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Celebrating a NSV - I was shopping today and stopped to check myself out in a full length mirror and was pretty happy with what I saw! Yay me!

ShellyT
01-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Since we have a lot of newbies here is a link that I found way back its IP Tips for newbies...maybe you can find some more wisdom there..enjoy!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203511-ip-tips-newbies.html

Thank you Wuv for the link. There is so much information here, I am here it seems for hours! Awesome info though....all worth it.:hug:

stmpspaz
01-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I am preparing to go to a convention type event in San Antonio on Tuesday. This is only my first week OP and the "coach" (use the term loosely) gave me all my packets for two weeks since they won't be open before I go.

Unfortunately, since I didn't know any better - I have not "snack" foods. Something I can carry in case I need it. I have several "liquid" IP packets left so I know I can do that with my water.

My question - usually these events serve lunch, chicken most times. I'm wondering if it is ok for me to change my dinner/lunch around. Eat the protein at lunch with salad, and then do just the IP packet and veggies for dinner.

Thanks for you input!

newmom7611
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
tried the "chocolate truffles"... the mistake recipe made with the chocolate drink...ummmmm omgosh!!! AMAZING! i seriously feel like i'm cheating all the time with these recipes. for breakfast i have the unrestricted pancakes, lunch was a salad with the brownie like "chocolate truffles", dinner will be great, then a bar for snack...and only ONE of those is restricted. this isn't feeling much like a diet anymore :) thanks to everyone who has posted a recipe. i need some ideas for how to switch up my veggies. i wish i could just do more salads but i despise celery, cucumber, mushroom, and a few of the other veggies allowed. i'm pretty bored of vegetables and that's my only complaint. i pretty much live off of raw spinach, kale chips, cooked broc and cauliflower... bleh lol
however, my body loves what i'm doing for it now. i know if it could talk it would be yelling "thannnnk youuuu!!"

a quick question about the MIO. i know some people here use it. i just bought the black cherry.. i only put a little bit in water... is it "Free" or do we need to count it as one of our splenda ?

THANKS EVERYONE and congrats on the weigh ins and NSVs!

Icathinme
01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I start the program tomorrow, and I'm excited. I've never been this excited or motivated to do a diet. I think the difference this time is that it seems like it works for EVERYONE who does it. That gives me motivation to do better! I can't buy the Walden Farms products near me, so I need to order online. Are there any I should avoid? I'm doing oil and vinegar on my salad until I can get some different IP friendly dressings...but I love salad and can munch on lettuce by itself, so I'm not worried too much about it. My thing is meat. I have a hard time eating meat without any kind of sauce or anything! I'm okay with giving up my favorite foods, but the no alcohol is going to be hard for me. I used to enjoy a glass of wine at least twice a week! I'll sure miss that. Plus, when we get together with friends, it usually involves cocktails. My friend is having a birthday party in a couple weeks, and I'm already worried about not drinking. I'm determined NOT to cheat, and he's determined to make me cheat. He's upset that I can't drink and have fun at his party. My response is that I will have fun, as long as you don't pressure me to drink! I'm really thinking of not going because I don't want to put myself in that situation. How did you guys deal with things like this?

Icathinme
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I eat the most in the afternoons, and by supper, I'm not hungry. My coach told me that if I do the plan and am too hungry in the afternoons, that I can switch lunch and supper around!

I am preparing to go to a convention type event in San Antonio on Tuesday. This is only my first week OP and the "coach" (use the term loosely) gave me all my packets for two weeks since they won't be open before I go.

Unfortunately, since I didn't know any better - I have not "snack" foods. Something I can carry in case I need it. I have several "liquid" IP packets left so I know I can do that with my water.

My question - usually these events serve lunch, chicken most times. I'm wondering if it is ok for me to change my dinner/lunch around. Eat the protein at lunch with salad, and then do just the IP packet and veggies for dinner.

Thanks for you input!

FoolishHeart
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Icathinme- that's a tough spot to be in! It's a shame your friend won't support your efforts. Staying away from the party might be a good option, if you don't think you can make it through with his pestering. Another option, you can search the forum to find "cocktail" recipes. I know there are a couple out there. No alcohol, but it might tide you over for the party. Welcome to the plan! I know you will love it!

Pamelama
01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
OMG! This must be the theme today. I'm going in my 6th week, chugging along and woke up this morning STARVING! :devil: Like after everything I ate I was still hungry.

Hopefully this will pass quickly.......

Determinedat47
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Vitamins A. E,D,and K are fat soluble vitamins and you can over dose on them. All other vitamins-including vitamin C are water soluble and what you do not use, you do "pee out".

mrsmurphy
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Hope everyone's weekend is going well! Last day of week two for me today! However, my scale broke (ha, what a cliche right?) lol. Anyways I was getting a little crazy with the scale anyways, so I dont think I am going out to buy one RIGHT away. I was thinking about skipping a week of weighing and then weigh next week. Anyways, still going strong over here. BY FAR THE EASIEST DIET EVER.

OH and of course I have questions, can we have banana peppers, jalapenos?

And I keep stopping in front of the mirror because I swear my body is shrinking. ITS A GREAT SIGHT!!!

mrsmurphy
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh one more question, what about alcohol? I'm 26 i still like to party hahaha. But, seriously i get asked to go out to a bar and I'm afraid to go cause i'm not sure what I can drink? if anything?

NavyMommy
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh one more question, what about alcohol? I'm 26 i still like to party hahaha. But, seriously i get asked to go out to a bar and I'm afraid to go cause i'm not sure what I can drink? if anything?

No alcohol!!! When I go out with friends I typically order a club soda with a lime wedge. Sorry! IIRC, Wuv went to a wedding and brought the Berry Pom MiO and added it to a wine glass of water and said it looked just like wine, you could try that.

patns
01-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi does anyone know the amount of fat grams per day we are taking in with the IP plan?
Thanks,
pat

ShellyT
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Hope everyone's weekend is going well! Last day of week two for me today! However, my scale broke (ha, what a cliche right?) lol. Anyways I was getting a little crazy with the scale anyways, so I dont think I am going out to buy one RIGHT away. I was thinking about skipping a week of weighing and then weigh next week. Anyways, still going strong over here. BY FAR THE EASIEST DIET EVER.

OH and of course I have questions, can we have banana peppers, jalapenos?

And I keep stopping in front of the mirror because I swear my body is shrinking. ITS A GREAT SIGHT!!!
What a great feeling! It will be nice to look in the mirror again. I havent for a while, but this diet should get me there. Keep up the good work.

PeggyG
01-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I find it interesting to read some of the comments regarding where people's coaches are located. It would be interesting if a poll could be done asking that question.

I'm going to a chiropractic office. But I have not seen a doctor and I don't think anyone that goes there does. And even if I did see one of the doctors there, do chiropractors have the type of medical training needed to recognize the types of problems someone might have from this restrictive of a program. I do occasionally go to a chiropractor when I have a problem with my back (not the office I'm going to for Ideal Protein, I only just found that office), so I certainly believe in the work they do. I have a full physical coming up later this month; I wonder what my medical doctor's thoughts will be on this program.

canadiancandy
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
MrsMurphy u can have banana peppers and jalapeno peppers but must count them as part of your vegies ...... some IP centers (mine) have mixes for alcohol and they are 0/0/0 and suggest you use vodka with them. There are calories in vodka but no carb, you not actually supposed to consume alcohol in phase 1 (im not sure about the others) but if you MUST get your drink on go for some vodka on ice with sparkling spring water and a slice of lemon or lime (perrier with lemon flavor would work too).

Giniwarrior
01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Interesting thing about the BMI. When I reach goal I will still be considered overweight. I wonder how accurate that scale is????

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Online calculators tell me my BMI is 33, but a small digital BMI detector I bought tells me it's actually 43. D; I wish I had a real way to test it so I can document it correctly.

NavyMommy
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Online calculators tell me my BMI is 33, but a small digital BMI detector I bought tells me it's actually 43. D; I wish I had a real way to test it so I can document it correctly.

The BMI is actually a mathematical formula, based only on your height and weight. There are a ton of calculators online available, but if you want to do it yourself it's:

(Weight in pounds x 703) / (Height in inches x Height in inches)

Example: (My weight is 185 and height is 62.5 inches)

(185*703)/(62.5*62.5) = 33.24 is my current BMI

Hope this helps!

Edited: Whoops! It's actually 33.25, I forgot to round up.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh oh, that helps a lot. What was giving me 43 was a body fat analyzer. I feel stupid :P

I'm off to bed now. I have my first weigh-in in the morning!

omgzitsmiranda
01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
I need people's inputs please ;)

Would these be acceptable as restricted?

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-pancakes-plain-7-box.html

omgzitsmiranda
01-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh oh, that helps a lot. What was giving me 43 was a body fat analyzer. I feel stupid :P

I'm off to bed now. I have my first weigh-in in the morning!

good luck in the am! looking forward to awesome news! :D

Giniwarrior
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Interesting thing about the BMI. When I reach goal I will still be considered overweight. I wonder how accurate that scale is????

What I find interesting is it doesnt take in to account body build. I have checked a number of different calculators and for my height and goal weight I will be a 26 which is overweight so that is kind of a bummer considering when I reach goal I will have lost 88lbs. That doesn't change my determination or sense of accomplishment its just kind of a disappointment that it isn't in normal weight zone.
:dizzy:

Junetwin11
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
I find it interesting to read some of the comments regarding where people's coaches are located. It would be interesting if a poll could be done asking that question.

I'm going to a chiropractic office. But I have not seen a doctor and I don't think anyone that goes there does. And even if I did see one of the doctors there, do chiropractors have the type of medical training needed to recognize the types of problems someone might have from this restrictive of a program. I do occasionally go to a chiropractor when I have a problem with my back (not the office I'm going to for Ideal Protein, I only just found that office), so I certainly believe in the work they do. I have a full physical coming up later this month; I wonder what my medical doctor's thoughts will be on this program.

Yes interesting! I have never seen a doctor while on IP. I go to a wellness Centre, which is next door to a chiropractic office. :)

Beanie Mommy
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks so much for all the recipes for salad dressings. I didn't realize we could have dressing with olive oil. I thought that I could only have some of it for dinner. Am I still limited to 2 TSP per day? I really like to use it when I cook my fish for dinner, so I want to make sure I can use it in the dressing too.

Danni1
01-15-2012, 09:17 PM
What I find interesting is it doesnt take in to account body build. I have checked a number of different calculators and for my height and goal weight I will be a 26 which is overweight so that is kind of a bummer considering when I reach goal I will have lost 88lbs. That doesn't change my determination or sense of accomplishment its just kind of a disappointment that it isn't in normal weight zone.
:dizzy:

I agree. If I was to get my BMI low I would be way too skinny. Even when I was in grade 9 and played sports and was in the best shape of my life I was considered overweight. I don't really consider it the best measurement for me.

sekc14
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Is coconut vinegar allowed? Also, I keep reading that lemons and limes are allowed in phase I but, they're not on my sheet. Are they really ok? I hope so!

JKfromIL
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
UGH! I am so stupid..this is why I hate weekends. I just realize like 1:o:o0 minutes ago that for lunch both today and yesterday I only ate 1 of the 2 cups of veggies that I should have. Wow that just freaks me out that I did that.. I have been on the plan since the beginning if nov with no other slip ups.

patns
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
I need people's inputs please ;)

Would these be acceptable as restricted?

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/breakfast-items/protidiet-pancakes-plain-7-box.html

If you go to the top of this thread-page one; the very first posting has stickies in it. There is one there that says information FAQ etc.
If you click on that there is another stickie on that for alternatives.
The posts on there gives you the nutritional information on alternative products. The 4th posting on that thread gives you a sheet with the IP nutritional information. The other link there gives you the protidiet information. You just have to compare the same products from the two companies. This work has all been done for you.
It is in the first post on the daily or weekend thread everyday.

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks for you input!
Yes you can switch your lunch and dinner around or even split it 4oz for lunch and 4 oz for dinner, just wouldn't make it a habit :)

tried the "chocolate truffles"... the mistake recipe made with the chocolate drink...ummmmm omgosh!!! AMAZING! i seriously feel like i'm cheating all the time with these recipes. for breakfast i have the unrestricted pancakes, lunch was a salad with the brownie like "chocolate truffles", dinner will be great, then a bar for snack...and only ONE of those is restricted. this isn't feeling much like a diet anymore :) thanks to everyone who has posted a recipe. i need some ideas for how to switch up my veggies. i wish i could just do more salads but i despise celery, cucumber, mushroom, and a few of the other veggies allowed. i'm pretty bored of vegetables and that's my only complaint. i pretty much live off of raw spinach, kale chips, cooked broc and cauliflower... bleh lol
however, my body loves what i'm doing for it now. i know if it could talk it would be yelling "thannnnk youuuu!!"

a quick question about the MIO. i know some people here use it. i just bought the black cherry.. i only put a little bit in water... is it "Free" or do we need to count it as one of our splenda ?

THANKS EVERYONE and congrats on the weigh ins and NSVs!
I was told by my coach its "free" I have used it since I have started and use it through out the day, sometimes in all of my water in a day.

I start the program tomorrow, and I'm excited. I've never been this excited or motivated to do a diet. I think the difference this time is that it seems like it works for EVERYONE who does it. That gives me motivation to do better! I can't buy the Walden Farms products near me, so I need to order online. Are there any I should avoid? I'm doing oil and vinegar on my salad until I can get some different IP friendly dressings...but I love salad and can munch on lettuce by itself, so I'm not worried too much about it. My thing is meat. I have a hard time eating meat without any kind of sauce or anything! I'm okay with giving up my favorite foods, but the no alcohol is going to be hard for me. I used to enjoy a glass of wine at least twice a week! I'll sure miss that. Plus, when we get together with friends, it usually involves cocktails. My friend is having a birthday party in a couple weeks, and I'm already worried about not drinking. I'm determined NOT to cheat, and he's determined to make me cheat. He's upset that I can't drink and have fun at his party. My response is that I will have fun, as long as you don't pressure me to drink! I'm really thinking of not going because I don't want to put myself in that situation. How did you guys deal with things like this?
His Party should be about a gathering of friends NOT a gathering of getting drunk. Enjoy the company and watch the people get drunk, sit back and watch. Or like Navy mom said I went to my nephews wedding back in September brought the Berry Pom MIO with me, put some water in a glass and added it and everyone thought I was drinking Merlot. You would be the only one knowing the difference. Just like tonight a friend asked me to come over to watch a movie. He offered me a drink I said no thanks I have my water, and showed him my liter bottle I brought along with me. He was also smoking some chicken legs and beef jerky. It smelled SOOOOOO GOOD.....he offered me a chicken leg, I said no thanks, he said you sure they are yummy? I said I am sure he said here have a piece of jerkey, I said No thanks again. He said are you going to eat anything? I said I am not hungry thanks though. He said ok, shaking his head. He knows I am dieting and only eat certain things so he was ok but disappointed at the same time. YOU are the one who makes the decision, YOU have to be strong and say no. IF you cave in, who is it hurting? is it hurting him or YOU? who wins, him or YOU? he does, and he gets the satisfaction of saying hahaha....I knew you couldn't do it!!.....Do you want to be a success? if so then STICK TO YOUR WORDS when you say NO. Don't let pier pressure make you cave in. I wish you the best of luck!

Ok, I want to share with you my experience from tonight. A friend invited me over which I said above. He also had some other girls come over as well. They were all in the 30's and all BIGGER than me!!!....in my head I am thinking OMG this is a FIRST, I am smaller than EVERYONE of these girls AND I LOOK younger than them as well....hahaha....We were all talking and I said something about my boys and they asked how old they were, when I said 20 and 23 their faces were priceless!!.....They were like WHAT???? 20 and 23??? I said ummmm yea....I am 45 and again PRICELESS faces!!!!.....He just looked at me and smiled....HE said she looks good don't she?....hahaha....they were like holy cow I hope I look like you at 45....lmao....He said yea, she is a cougar.....lmao!!!!!!!

alaskastarr
01-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes you can switch your lunch and dinner around or even split it 4oz for lunch and 4 oz for dinner, just wouldn't make it a habit :)

I was told by my coach its "free" I have used it since I have started and use it through out the day, sometimes in all of my water in a day.

His Party should be about a gathering of friends NOT a gathering of getting drunk. Enjoy the company and watch the people get drunk, sit back and watch. Or like Navy mom said I went to my nephews wedding back in September brought the Berry Pom MIO with me, put some water in a glass and added it and everyone thought I was drinking Merlot. You would be the only one knowing the difference. Just like tonight a friend asked me to come over to watch a movie. He offered me a drink I said no thanks I have my water, and showed him my liter bottle I brought along with me. He was also smoking some chicken legs and beef jerky. It smelled SOOOOOO GOOD.....he offered me a chicken leg, I said no thanks, he said you sure they are yummy? I said I am sure he said here have a piece of jerkey, I said No thanks again. He said are you going to eat anything? I said I am not hungry thanks though. He said ok, shaking his head. He knows I am dieting and only eat certain things so he was ok but disappointed at the same time. YOU are the one who makes the decision, YOU have to be strong and say no. IF you cave in, who is it hurting? is it hurting him or YOU? who wins, him or YOU? he does, and he gets the satisfaction of saying hahaha....I knew you couldn't do it!!.....Do you want to be a success? if so then STICK TO YOUR WORDS when you say NO. Don't let pier pressure make you cave in. I wish you the best of luck!

Ok, I want to share with you my experience from tonight. A friend invited me over which I said above. He also had some other girls come over as well. They were all in the 30's and all BIGGER than me!!!....in my head I am thinking OMG this is a FIRST, I am smaller than EVERYONE of these girls AND I LOOK younger than them as well....hahaha....We were all talking and I said something about my boys and they asked how old they were, when I said 20 and 23 their faces were priceless!!.....They were like WHAT???? 20 and 23??? I said ummmm yea....I am 45 and again PRICELESS faces!!!!.....He just looked at me and smiled....HE said she looks good don't she?....hahaha....they were like holy cow I hope I look like you at 45....lmao....He said yea, she is a cougar.....lmao!!!!!!!

*Giggles* yeah I think that's great!!! ;) Keep making the right choices like you did tonight Wuv...that's a great NSV both hearing and seeing the shock and the fact that you said no to some yummy smelling food that wasn't on your ok list of foods to eat at the moment!! Congrats to you!!

Linden
01-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Is coconut vinegar allowed? Also, I keep reading that lemons and limes are allowed in phase I but, they're not on my sheet. Are they really ok? I hope so!

According to fatsecret coconut vinegar has one carb and no calories for 1 T, as opposed to .14 carb and 3 calories (USDA). And I think lemons and likes are OK if what you use is just a "splash." But one T (31 g) of raw lemon juice has 2.1 carbs.

Here's a handy, really simple, and free tool for checking nutritional values: cronometer.com. Or Google USDA Nutritional Data for literally the world's most complete list.

Linden
01-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi does anyone know the amount of fat grams per day we are taking in with the IP plan?
Thanks,
pat

It's hard to say precisely, Pat. 9 grams from 2 t olive oil. About 2-3 g from vegetables and lettuce; whatever's in the krill oil; and whatever you get from 8 ounces of meat of fish. 8 ounces of raw 95% fat free ground beef has 11.3 grams of fat, for instance. 8 ounces of light water packed tuna has 1.9.