Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Shaving "Down There"-TMI Alert

So....I have been thinking I want to shave my ummmm "bikini area". I have been thinking about this for a long time (I am middle age) but have never done it. So here I am looking for some advice as to how to do it when you are overweight. It's not like I can sit on the floor and bend over and see it. Can anyone help me with the tips and tricks of the trade? Does anyone just trim it up instead of shaving it? How do you do that? Won't it be kind of prickly for a partner??? I do have very fine hair, so I don't think it will be, but wanted to ask. Also, when shaving, they say to go with the grain....how do I know what that is? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I really want to do this, but am scared. Please help me! Thanks for your patience.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I shave down there. I do it by feel, because I can't see it either. LOL. I basically give myself a brazillian but with a razor instead of with wax. However, warning: Once you start, you have to keep it up because it grows in similar to a man's beard- heavy and prickly. It will irritate you and your partner, so you pretty much have to shave every day. If you don't want to do that, consider waxing. Waxing pulls the hair out by the root and it grows in soft.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i like to use nair...it is much easier than shaving
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

um yeah, I put nair on my girly parts once. I bled for about two days. but the hair was gone

I shave too by feel. It only takes a minute once you get used to it.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Nair is my "down there" best friend.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #6  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

I shave down there too, I usually just lie in the tub with only a little water and just feel where I need to shave. Like other people have said once you start you need to keep up with in because it gets itchy like crazy about 3 days after you shave(at least for me, my hair grows back fast). I would be hesitant to put chemicals as strong as Nair there, but if it works do it! My skin is too sensitive for that. Make sure that you have a fresh blade when shave and lots of shaving cream or I like to use conditioner, if you use conditioner let it sit there for a while so it can soften the hair. Make sure you put an astrigent like witch hazel, NOT ALCOHOL(that would hurt like no tomorrow) and lotion. And don't be surprised the first time you do it if you get shaving bumps after, those will go away after you do it for a while(the witch hazel helps with this). Hope this was helpful!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellastarr View Post
i like to use nair...it is much easier than shaving
Me, too, this. Grows in soft and you don't have to "see" what you're doing.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5"6

Do you want to leave a 'landing strip' or have it all gone? Be very careful and take your time, Use a handheld mirror in the bath.

I shaved a month ago - and my god I was in pain for about 4 days where it hurt to walk.

DO NOT GO NEAR IT WITHOUT DOING THE FOLLOWING:

Use a sharp razor, a new one. Not one youve had for a while and its blunt.
Use shaving foam - or conditioner I hear is fine.
Soak in the bath
Only shave in ONE direction, not in all directions

My sister did these and she was fine. I personally did it in the shower, and did it in all directions as I wanted a 'smooth' shave, and i didnt use any foam. This was where I got a rash and it hurt.

After shaving if it hurts, or itches use sudocream - it helped me so much. Also make sure you exfoliate afterwards or you could have ingrown hairs, or weird bumps, or spots. (Gross but true)

Personally I have it all waxed off, the waxer has seen it all before and its smoother for longer, and It avoids any pain.
Tina21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #9  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I just stand in the shower and shave it using a good razor (a mens one since I find it shaves better) and soap. The first few times you do it, it will be REALLY itchy afterwards for a few days. However, if you keep up the routine, you will never be itchy afterwards. Also, out of either lazyiness or maybe because my hair doesn't grow super super fast, I only shave once a week, sometimes a little bit longer depending on if I think it looks bad or not. My husband has never complained lol!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #10  
Here to Learn

People have repeatedly said "use a good razor"- I second this. I use men's razors also, rather than a woman's razor or a disposable. IMO, disposables are NEVER as sharp as a good razor like the Gillette Mach 3 which is what I use.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #11  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm sorry, why do women want to do this? I don't get it. Maybe it's because I don't have super thick hair down ther or something, but that just seems so unnatural. I don't get it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #12  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I'm sorry, why do women want to do this? I don't get it. Maybe it's because I don't have super thick hair down ther or something, but that just seems so unnatural. I don't get it.
I find it to feel cleaner, my DH likes not having to deal with the hair. I see it as to each their own. Obviously not everyone likes it or does it, but some do.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

I can't shave down there, the itching would drive me nuts. I go to an aesthetician and have it all waxed off every 6-8 wks. I use an Emjoi (epilator) for under my arms or I'll just tweeze. I do shave my legs, though.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I itch and generally find it uncomfortable when I let my hair do it's own thing. It's something I always had a problem with. Same with underarms and legs. I'm a lazy, lazy person but I have to keep up on all of it or else I itch and the sensation of clothes touching my body hair is enough to drive me insane. I dunno what it is about clothing rubbing on my body hair that drives me freaking bananas but it really does.

Last edited by Daki; 01-13-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typos
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Have you considered just a "crew cut"? Lol! I use a disposable bikini area razor which is made by Gillette I think.They can be found with the rest of razors at most stores. It has a white guard covering the blade that almost looks like a rake. It only cuts to about 1/4". I have no problems with outgrowth. No itching or stubble,and it's DH approved!
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote