General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/251/130

Height: 5'3"

Default P.I.N.K. -vs- Food Lovers

Hello All,
I need some advice on what program to choose. I am really torn between Food Lovers and P.I.N.K. I picked up one of the issues of “People Magazine” where they featured “real people” who have loss significant amounts of weight through diet and exercise and several of the people had used FL. I had been prepared to go that route when I saw a commercial for P.I.N.K. Now, I’m torn between the two. I am the queen of indecision. I am reaching out to anyone who has tried both FL and P.I.N.K. to find out which you liked better and why. Or, if you have only done one, what did you like and what did you hate about your program.
I am a rather picky eater, so I need something with a wide variety of food choices. Also, I work full time and go to school full time; I am also interested in knowing if either plan has food that can be prepared on Saturday and heated throughout the week. Any and all advice is appreciated and welcomed.
Zaffaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #2  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hello! Wow...you and I must be living parallel lives - as far as weight loss indecisions go! I too had almost jumped on the PINK train (being my favorite color!! I thought it surely had to work!!)..but then I stumbled upon FLFL. Decided to give it a whirl. I rec'd my kit last week and have spent several days reading the TONS of information that was in it and will be beginning my journey tomorrow! As I said, there is a TON of info in the kit, almost information overload. But from what I have gathered, you can use your regular foods to make the FL plate, which is GREAT, I too am a picky eater (unless you're talking about breads and sweets!). My menu for tomorrow looks like this:
Breakfast - Special K cereal and Vanilla Almond milk
Snack - almonds and juice
lunch - Bread, chicken, mayo (sandwich) and baby carrots w/ light ranch dressing
snack - cottage chz w/ pineapple
dinner - Whole wheat biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and salad w/ strawberries
snack - pudding cup

The key with FL is to eat every 2-3 hours and keep the proportions right. Slow carb, fast carb and protein. I can totally handle eating that often - I also purchased the Smart Technique system that FLFL offered, it's more info on what kind of eater you are...emotional, victim of circumstance, food-a-holic, etc...turns out I'm a food-a-holic - whoda thunk it ...this Smart Technique has books/audios that suppose to help you break out of your issues. (anxious to get started on that too!)

I hope I've not rambled on and on and scared you off...but I'm excited to begin this journey and am so hoping that it kicks my butt into gear!

Have a great day!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Does Food Lovers have a website?
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #4  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Yes, Food lovers website is www.myfoodlovers.com ...after attempting it for a few days, it's very hard for me to distinquish slow carb/fast carb on some things...I'm seriously thinking about just doing my WW points again...
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote