Fitness Videos - Chalean Extreme in the New Year!

View Full Version : Chalean Extreme in the New Year!

freedomreins
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi all! :wave:

I started Chalean Extreme in November and loved it. Then I got sick, and then I went home for two weeks and Christmas happened, so I stopped. But I managed to get all the way through Burn phase and I was so pleased with my progress because I was able to lift heavier, in some cases double, what I had been lifting at the start!

I want to give Chalean Extreme another go and actually stick to it. And my diet, but that's another story!

Please join me if you are just starting Chalean Extreme or you want to be workout buddies! I am going to start Burn phase again this weekend (14-15 January) and carry it all the way through. I have a very hard time motivating myself to do additional exercise because I cycle to and from work every day (4 miles roundtrip - it's not a ton, about 40 minutes, but it means I'm tired when I get home!) and I love chatting with people on the boards that are doing the same thing as I am.

:carrot:

freedomreins
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
99 people have looked at this thread and no one is doing Chalean Extreme or planning to start? What a drag! Oh well, I'll keep myself company instead :)

I did Burn Circuit 1 on Monday (the weekend was too busy to start the program - annoying!) and am a little bit sore today but not too bad. Looking forward to Circuit 2 tomorrow!

Karray
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Today I did Burn circuit 2, week two of the burn phase. Have started this many times but never made it past two weeks, hopefully this time I stick with it. I'm only doing the 3 burn circuits and then running 3 days a week and one day of rest. I don't really enjoy the other workouts and wanted to continue my running plan.
Anyways I'll be glad to check in on this thread, I can't wait to actually make it to the push phase!

freedomreins
01-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Karray, we're very similar! I don't like the other cardio workouts either so I ride my bike to/from work every day (well, most days in the winter, I take the bus if it's very cold/icy/raining hard!) instead, and do yoga 1 day per week rather than the Recharge. I'm glad we're on the same sort of schedule :)

We'll both make it to Push this time, I'm sure of it! :) You're already going strong into your second week, awesome!

Edit: I did Circuit 2 last night and it was just as good as I remembered. Those bowling lunges are so killer! I really like Chalene's way of 'teaching'. I respond to it far better than Jillian Michaels' drill-sargent-esque ways.

freedomreins
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
How's it going Karray?

I did circuit 3 last night. I know she says you can go heavy with your shoulders but I struggle to do 12 reps with 5lbs! My shoulders are so weak! I hope they will get stronger as I go along. I'm going to do circuit 1 again tomorrow - since I'm not really following the schedule, my goal is just to do a circuit every two days, with a rest day in between.

I was so lazy today, we had a sort of productive day but it didn't involve a lot of movement and we didn't leave the house! If tomorrow is nice I might go for a little run - I haven't run in ages!

Karray
01-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Yesterday I did Burn circuit 3, so week 2 is finished!

Today is my weigh in day and I was up half a pound from last week :( I think this is why I always stop this program, it makes my weight loss stall and I get very impatient. I usually lose 2 pounds every week, so this makes me get very discouraged.

I am going to stick with it this time and hopefully things will get moving again next week. I am still following the girl who lifts the lower weights in the videos, I hope to start going a little heavier next week. I must admit I'm anxious to get to the next level.

Freedomreins great job sticking with it, going for a run always makes me feel better.

freedomreins
01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
You can totally do it Karray! And you know, if you do end up lifting heavier and can't get through it, you can always go back down and still get the benefit. But I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I know it's so hard when the scale goes up. I don't step on it very often because it discourages me too. But I'm sure you will find your clothes will fit better and you'll see a difference in your body, even if the scale stays the same or goes up a little bit. I've heard that the Lean phase is where you lose the weight you gained in Burn and Push because it's typical for weight loss to stall when you start lifting.

I did Burn Circuit 1 again today and then dragged boyfriend outside to do sprints in the field down the road. We tried to do 6 x 20 second sprints, with one minute break in between. Holy cow! So difficult! I managed about 5.5 sprints, since I was only able to do half of the fourth one! I might have done better if I hadn't just done circuit 1, I overestimated how much energy I had left!

Karray
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Started week 3 with Burn Circuit 1, lifted a little heavier on a couple of the exercises. I still really hate the push ups! Nothing too exciting but I got it done :) Tomorrow is a 2.75 mile run.

Thanks for all the encouragement

RaisingThemLeft
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm in my 4th month and I love it. I'm in the lean for life month, second week, where you do workouts from all 3 phases. Yesterday I did a burn workout and I increased my weights and I'm SORE today. I think it was the bowling lunges that did it. My body has really transformed over the past few months. I have muscle definition that I've never had before. Adding strength training is really getting me the body I want, that cardio alone can't do. I lift as heavy as I can, and I've lost 10 lbs since I started (I'm at goal now, but trying to lose a little more fat, build a little more muscle). Getting enough protein helps.

freedomreins
01-25-2012, 02:24 PM
RaisingThemLeft - That's so great to hear! :) I'm after the last 5lbs so glad to hear this might be the way to do it as long as I stick with it :) Did you do all the cardio videos too?

Those bowling lunge are brutal.

I have a very hard time getting enough protein. I eat it at every meal but I'm still probably not eating enough (I aim for over 100g per day - I'm eating primal as well, so limited carbs and sugar). Any tips for a newbie?

Edit: Week 2 Circuit 2 in the bag! :) My wrists are so weak, I swear I could lift heavier but urgh! They hurt!

freedomreins
01-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Week 2 is finished :) Moving on to Week 3 tomorrow after work. I'm going to do the abs workout today too.

Karray
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Started week 4 today, and did about 15 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is a 3 mile run. Ready to finish up the Burn phase!

Karray
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Friday will be my last Burn workout. I'm happy that I finally completed that whole phase.

I've decided to do 30 Day Shred again and continue increasing my running mileage. I think I will come back to Chalean Extreme when I am closer to goal.

freedomreins good luck on the rest of your program!

freedomreins
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks Karray, sorry to hear you'll be moving on to something different but I'm sure you'll do great. I like the 30 Day Shred but the same video ten times did my head in so I have never completed it!

It's the end of week 3 for me tomorrow. I can't wait to move on to Burn phase!

Anyone feel like joining in? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

freedomreins
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Week 3 done! I shall continue to plug away here in the hope that someone eventually joins me!

I can see and feel my biceps now. I love it! And I swear there's a ridge on my stomach where my six pack will one day be ;) Wooohooooo. That totally made my day. I've put on a pound but I feel like my stomach is flatter and I've even noticed a very slight difference in my arms (you know when your arm is straight and your 'bingo wing' bit sticks out over your elbow? My sticky-out bit is starting to go away!).

Last weekend we booked a week-long holiday to Greece so I am more motivated than ever to get in shape for May!

The ab video kills me. I feel like I'm going to die more times in ten minutes than I do in the usual 30-35 minute workouts!

On to my final week of Burn phase this week. Can't wait to start Push!

butrcup821
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Just wanted to say hi!! I am on week 3, day 2 of Chalean Extreme Burn Phase! Love this program! So far I am down 6 lbs since the start of the program! My goal is to build muscle as I am at my goal weight. I look forward to reading about your progress!

freedomreins
02-05-2012, 04:28 PM
:wave: Well done butrcup! We're at almost the same stage. I'm just doing the circuits as I ride my bike to and from work for cardio and don't like hopping around in my tiny little apartment! :)

butrcup821
02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Completed Burn Circuit 2 today, I will be working tomorrow so I swapped tomorrow as my rest day! Burn Intervals and Ab Burner scheduled for Tuesday, the toughest one for me, but I am up for the challenge!

freedomreins
02-11-2012, 08:41 AM
How did it go Butrcup?

I finished my last Burn Circuit 1 yesterday! I lifted as heavy as I ever have on the lower body (two 25lb dumbbells for the squat and side bend - even my boyfriend was impressed!). I'm looking forward to really challenging myself this week and trying to finish Burn with a bang! :)

freedomreins
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Burn circuit 2 today! Can't wait to finish number 3 and be on to Push! :)

Karray
02-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Well freedomreins I'm back lol.

After one week off, I've decided to continue with Chalean. I'm doing one more week of burn and then starting push next Monday. I just ordered Powerblocks and hopefully they will come this week so I can use them for Push!

So looks like we should be on the same schedule.

freedomreins
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Awesome! What are powerblocks? What will you use them for?

Karray
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Powerblocks are adjustable weights, they are a little more affordable then the Select Tech ones they use in the dvd.

freedomreins
02-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Oh cool! I'm using my boyfriend's old ones, they go up in 5lb increments (really big jumps!) and the highest is 25lb (which is fine for now of course). They're really big though, I don't think they are meant for smaller hands! lol

I'm hoping to finish Burn tonight depending on my schedule. Can't wait!

Edit: Yay, I'm officially a Burn graduate! :) I'll start on Push on Friday.

Rock on karray!

freedomreins
02-18-2012, 06:35 AM
I just finished Push circuit 1! I think I prefer it to Burn because it isolates muscles and sometimes I had trouble lunging or raising my hips or lowering my legs and doing something else with my arms at the same time. The workouts seem to go by quicker and I can definitely see myself lifting heavier because there's less reps for each exercise!

The V-Bicep curls are hardcore. Ouch!

Good luck finishing up Burn if you've not already reached Push, Karray! :)

Karray
02-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Great job on finishing Burn and getting to Push!

I got my weights on Friday and will start Push on Monday, glad to hear the workouts go by faster.

Karray
02-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Did Push circuit 1 today, and wow you are right freedomreins it is a nice change from burn. I am pretty excited about this month now and can't wait to see the other two circuits. Went a little too heavy on those V-bicep curls and realized very quickly I was going to have to go down on the weight.

Let me know how circuit 2 goes for you!

Melokoton
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I was doing Turbo Jam & Power 90 for a bit, but felt I needed more. Then I saw Chalean Extreme, after thinking about it for a bit I decided to order it. [ I just realized I sounded like an infommercial]...I should be receiving it this week, very excited!

Karray
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Melokoton! I bet you will really enjoy the program.

I always would start this and get discouraged because my weight loss would stall and I would give up. You just have to give it a chance, this time I kept going and the scale started moving again after a couple of weeks. I feel such a difference in my body and feel like I am really getting stronger. I can't wait to finish the whole program this time!

I run 3 days a week and do Chalean 3 days a week with some elliptical time to reach my calorie burn target. Make sure to post when you start your program, good luck!

freedomreins
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Welcome Melokoton! I hope you'll join us when you get your DVDs! I really like the program and I'm sure you will too. For the first time in my life I have muscles I can see and feel in my arms and my legs feel a lot tighter (especially in the backs of my thighs, the 'orange peel' area!). I love it! I haven't lost any weight but that isn't really my goal at this point and I am not doing the cardio videos since I cycle for cardio instead and I don't do Recharge since I go to yoga once a week :) You can totally make the program work for you, whatever your goals are!

Push Circuit 2 is a bit easier than Circuit 1, imho. I think my legs will be burning tomorrow though - lots of single leg exercises. Phew!! I miss Leiley, I liked how smiley she was. Glad you're on Push now as well Karray! :)

Karray
02-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Well I really didn't like Push circuit 2 :(
Those single leg tap lunges really sucked! I have a feeling I am not going to be happy when I have to run tomorrow.

Looking ahead to circuit 3 and noticed more bowlers lunges, oh boy! I'm sure by week 2 I will start getting comfortable with these workouts so I'll try to stop whining now.

freedomreins
02-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Don't worry Karray, I didn't like Circuit 2 as much either! I didn't notice the bowler's lunges... oh no! Oh well, think of how hard and strong our legs will be by the end of this :) I was a bit tender after Circuit 2 but nowhere near as sore as I expected to be, so perhaps it won't be as bad as you think?

Good luck on your run!

Edit: I really liked Circuit 3 so hopefully you'll prefer it to Circuit 2 as well Karray! I did the ab video after as well. I am dead. Phew!

Push Week 1 done! :carrot:

freedomreins
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Circuit 1 done. I hate those V-curls! I feel like one of my arms (left) can't even do them properly! I might have to lower the weight next time just to get my form right.

Moving on to W2C2 on Thursday!

Karray
03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Still here, week 2 Push circuit 3 is up tomorrow!

Melokoton
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh my goodness, I just did my first "Burn Intervals & Ab Burner"...that was some crazy stuff.

freedomreins
03-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Awesome Karray! You're ahead of me now as I was away for a few days and then too busy after work for a few as well!

Well done Melokoton! Hope you're enjoying the program!

freedomreins
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I hate tap lunges - seriously, I get through Circuit 2 feeling like it's not nearly as hard as the other two circuits and then the tap lunges hit and boom! Exhausted!

freedomreins
03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Reached the halfway point of Push month - finally! Week 2 took about a week and a half because I was away for a few days and then just couldn't fit it in (bad, I know!). Hoping to stay with the calendar this week and finish up Push in the expected two weeks!

How are you ladies doing? It's a bit quiet over here!

Karray
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I've been sick this week, so tomorrow will be the start of week 3 for me. I still really only like circuit 1, so I'm glad to be half way done with Push. My running is going well, did 4 miles on Saturday and I'm working my way up to 5 over the next few weeks.

Oh and I lost 2 pounds this week , and I think I am really seeing some arm muscles :)

freedomreins
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Well done with the running Karray!

I have heard before (not sure where...) that muscles really 'grow' and come out when you're resting, so perhaps a few days off lifting has helped them to show up! I've definitely started noticing mine.

Hope you're feeling better!

Karray
03-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Push 3 is up tomorrow, I can't believe next week is the last before Lean!

freedomreins are you finishing up week 3 now too?

freedomreins
03-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm doing Circuit 2 W3 tomorrow, so you're still ahead of me Karray :)

freedomreins
03-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Circuit 2 + abs done! It's going to be a pretty busy week so I have to try really hard not to fall behind again. I may attempt to get up early one morning to work out before work... I've tried this before and failed so we'll have to see if I can do it this time!

I can't believe Lean month is already so close! Can't wait!

Karray
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Circuit 1 W4 is done. Yay!!!!
My arms are sore from the Hammer Biceps.

I need to go preview Lean and see how much they are lifting in that phase.

alycat31
03-17-2012, 01:46 AM
hm i've tried to post something three times. Don't know if it's the forum or me haha

Anyway, hi there! I'm restarting Chalean extreme for the billionth time. I've had it since it came out but will start it up and then stop three weeks in. However, at 266 or so pounds I'm in dire need of getting in shape and shedding unhealthy bodyfat. Soo, this past week I restarted it yet again with the intentions of finishing it and moving on to another awesome program. I also have Turbo Fire but it's often times to fast for me so I like to do Taebo at the moment for extra cardio.

Being so heavy I notice that my legs are screaming at me so much during most of extreme's exercises, so it's sometimes hard to know if the weights are heavy enough for my arms as my legs are screaming so loud ;) currently my body weight is enough resistance for squats and lunges so it's hard to push through that intense feeling and focus on the arms LOL

freedomreins
03-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome Alycat! I think it's great to start off doing Chalean Extreme with just bodyweight - I'm sure in no time you'll be lifting super heavy :) Don't give up this time - stick with us!! I find the forums are such great support for programs like this.

I will be starting my last week of Push tomorrow. Can't wait! I think this month has taken me about a week longer than it should have, but I'm trying not to get too down about that. Looking forward to Lean! Can't wait to hear what you think Karray!

freedomreins
03-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey, have you done Extreme Abs yet Karray? Holy am I sore this morning! It's twice as long as the last ab video and seriously hard work!

Edit: There's no way I can do Circuit 1 of my last week of Push today. I am SO SORE from a youtube workout I did yesterday and the Extreme Abs video. Then boyfriend asked if I wanted to go swimming with him, so I did some very slow laps in the local pool for about half an hour. It felt nice on the sore muscles! But now I just want to plunk down and do nothing, lol. I'll try to get Circuit 1 in on Tuesday as tomorrow is yoga!

Melokoton
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm in my last week of Burn Circuit, wow that Fat Blaster Bonus video is great! I was seriously thinking of adding turbo fire into my program, all those sweaty people in the infomercial just get me going! But I think I'll hold off for a bit, dont want to overload myself. Hope everyone is doing well!

alycat31
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey ladies! Was very sick last night and my stomach is still sore from it so i'm taking today off, or at least the morning. If I feel better i'll start out my second week of burn tonight but if not i'll just do it in the morning and skip the day off that's scheduled. This week i'm working on planning out my eating better. My workouts were great last week but my eating was absolute garbage.

I'm currently using WW points to keep track of my food intake. I've had success on WW in the past but it was when I was single back in 2003, so it's been a long time. I'm not using the current plan, I have an old calculator from the flex plan that i'm using. I'm trying to focus on eating cleaner foods.

For breakfast i'm eating plain oatmeal with some scrambled eggs, snack 1 is a pack of 100 calorie almonds and apple slices, lunch is a tuna sandwhich (though with how my stomach is today, I may just opt for a protien shake, we'll see), dinner is chicken, brown rice and green beans and then snack 2 might be another protien shake. I'm trying the whole 5-6 mini meals deal. I figure if I can stick to good eating 6 days a week then one day a week I can have ONE treat meal a week. Something tells me eventually eating super healthy will cause that one treat meal to not be worth it, BUT, you gotta make things livable :)

freedomreins
03-20-2012, 04:12 AM
I've not done the Fat Blaster Bonus Melokotron. Glad to hear it's good! I also don't have any experience with Turbofire but it looks pretty fun.

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather alycat. Hope you feel better today! Definitely good to take a rest day, sounds like your body needs it! Weight Watchers worked for me, I lost at least 20lbs (didn't have an accurate starting weight - was probably closer to 25lbs) on it and am now focusing on whole foods and following a reasonably strict paleo diet, though I do tend to go off course more often than not ;) It can be so hard sometimes, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. I followed the old flex plan as well - it worked great for me!

So pleased we have more nice people on our board now! :carrot:

I didn't go to yoga yesterday (bad, I know) so I came home and did Push W4C1 instead. Only two more to go!

alycat31
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi there! Did burn circuit 1 again this morning. I've been using 8lbs and 10lb weights, I may need to see about getting a 12, as my arms just don't seem to fail as quickly as my legs do LOL they feel the burn instantly.

I think whole foods keep you fuller longer. I'm trying to eat mostly whole goods. I may need to have a bite of something before my workout, as I normally don't eat until after i'm finished but by then i'm wanting to eat the entire house LOL

alycat31
03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Burn Circuit 2 today. I gotta say, Burn 2 is one of my least favorites because it kills me the most lol I am horrible at the bowlers lunge part and the sumo squat with tricep extension I can not do very many of, it gives me a head rush and I can't seem to relax my neck lol

And they are right, on lifting days I am ten times more hungry than on cardio days

freedomreins
03-24-2012, 07:14 AM
I am too. I have a tsp of almond butter (straight from the jar - yyeaaaah) and a few big sips of water before I work out. That tides me over and stops me from being ravenous when I'm finished. I can't exercise on a totally empty stomach because I just don't have the energy to lift heavy!!

I am the opposite of you alycat. My legs are a lot stronger than my arms. They are so weak! I am still only using 10lb weights for the arm exercises and it's the end of my second month!

I am doing the last Push workout today, then moving on to Lean probably on Tuesday. Can't wait! YAHOO! Have you started Lean yet Karray? How's it going?

Karray
03-24-2012, 10:23 PM
I did a couple extra days of Push because this week was just crazy! I'm getting ready to go on vacation so I'm thinking about holding off on Lean until I get back in about a week and a half. Hopefully it won't mess me up too much because I am really looking forward to a break.

I'm glad more people are doing Chalean, keep up the good work and I'll be back after vacation.

freedomreins
03-25-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm sure it won't mess you up at all. Holding off on starting the new month is probably a good idea. Have a lovely time on vacation! :)

freedomreins
03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Not to scare anyone but Lean is TOUGH. I just finished Circuit 1 and not only is it 10 minutes longer (43 minutes), it takes a lot of concentration to get the movements right. The first circuit focuses very heavily on biceps - mine will be screaming tomorrow! I am looking forward to Circuit 2 though, I really do love this program, and Chalene saying that this month is where the changes really happen just makes me want to dive right in!

freedomreins
04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
You guys haven't given up have you? :) I did Lean Circuit 2 yesterday. I'm not as sore today as I was after Circuit 1 but the plank moves in both are so difficult! I'll have to see what Circuit 3 has in store for me on Wednesday!

freedomreins
04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Where is everyone? :( Karray, are you back from vacation?

Since I'm halfway through the program (I'll do the Lean for Life month at the end), I wrote a blog post about it and my thoughts. It's here for anyone interested in reading about Chalean Extreme before jumping in: http://fitformyfork.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/chalean-extreme-halfway/

Melokoton
04-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I just got back from vacation yesterday, starting Push phase tomorrow!

freedomreins
04-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Great Melokoton! Did you have a nice vacation? :)

I hope you like Push! I think I preferred it to Burn!

Melokoton
04-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes I did, thank you! It was lovely, I ate delicious food, didn't restrict myself, but I did do a ton of walking, only gained 3lbs. I should be horrified, but hey its vacation. Im hoping that going back to my regular eating and exercising I should drop that extra weight & then some ::fingers crossed::

freedomreins
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
How's it going Melokoton? I'm glad you ate delicious food on holiday - that's what I do too! I am going to Greece next month and I intend to indulge because I don't know if I will ever be there again. I want to try EVERYTHING!

I have done four circuits in the Lean month so far. They're pretty challenging! Tomorrow is W2C2.

Karray
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm back from vacation and have gained 4 pounds :(
I did go running this week but so far am really struggling to get back to Chalean. My eating has not been too good this week either with all the Easter candy around.

I'm glad you are enjoying Lean. I just looked at my calendar and I haven't done Chalean in 3 weeks, wow! Do you think I should start over or just go into Lean? At this point I don't think I will be getting in a workout until Monday.

freedomreins
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome back Karray! Hope you had a great time!

Just move into Lean - it builds on what you already know, I think you'd just be doing yourself a disservice by going backwards and repeating all the hard work you've already done. The four pounds will melt off and working hard will make you want to eat healthier (this is the case with me anyway!). You might find it a bit of a struggle at first but don't be put off - I certainly found it a struggle and I moved straight from Push to Lean without a 3 week break, so it might take you some time to get into it. You can totally do it though! Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Karray
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
OMG freedomreins Lean 1 was so hard. I was struggling with quite a few of the moves and my heart rate stayed up most of the time. I don't really like the people she has in it either. I'm glad I got it done, but it was a struggle!

Are you noticing some results yet from Lean?

freedomreins
04-19-2012, 04:05 AM
I know! I think the first circuit is the hardest - all the bicep curls, and those planks!! I just did my third Circuit 1 and it gets easier, trust me!

I don't like the people in these videos as much either. They're not 'normal' enough if that makes sense. They're all already pretty muscular and I liked Laylei (or however you spell it) because she was more like me!

I'm not noticing super results yet but my diet hasn't been too great lately. I'm going to try to clean it up majorly for the last two weeks. I'll post my before and after measurements when I'm done (for the whole program, not just lean). 5 more circuits to go!

freedomreins
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I just finished my last Lean Circuit 1. I am not sorry to see it go! Phew! Two more circuits to go!

I have not been doing the ab video (I hate ab exercises and could not motivate myself to do them this month - bad me!) but I find my stomach is definitely flatter than it was last month and I also reached my lowest ever weight last week! 146.4!

freedomreins
05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Well guys, I'm done. I just did my last Lean circuit!! :carrot:

I am going to take my measurements tomorrow and hope that I can find my previous measurements to do a comparison. I don't feel like Lean really transformed my body, but then I had pretty realistic expectations so I wasn't expecting an overnight six pack. I'll come back with my measurements on the weekend!

freedomreins
05-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm back, but I'm not sure anyone's still around!

As far as inches lost goes, it wasn't a super great story. I lost one inch on each thigh but every other measurement stayed the same. This confused me as all my pants are now loose. I'll be honest, I'm disappointed, but I'm not really that bothered by it. Not as much as I thought I would be.

I saw my lowest weight doing Chalean Extreme and my back and shoulders and stomach have definition they didn't before. The cellulite on my legs are bum is TOTALLY gone and I am feeling confident about showing off my legs as we head into shorts and bathing suit season. This is probably a first for me.

I feel strong, I am developing biceps, and I have found that I really enjoy lifting. I loved the program, and I'm pleased with how it worked for me.

Now, for anyone reading this who doesn't know, I only did the circuits 2-3 times per week. I didn't do the cardio videos and I only did the ab ones for the first two phases because I kind of forgot about them and also hate workouts that are only for abs. I get really bored!

I hope you ladies are sticking with the program and are seeing results too! I know my measurements aren't particularly inspiring, but I do think Chalean Extreme is a great introduction to weight lifting and everyone who is interested should totally give it a shot!

Purplefirefly
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks for posting your results freedomreins! I am just starting Chalene Extreme, and hope to be doing the blended schedule with Turbo Fire soon. So far the circuits are making my back hurt...but if I back off the weight some then I don't feel it in my arms at all, so I am just going to keep modifying my position or just doing the arms for movements that hurt my back. I hope to see results at the end!

freedomreins
05-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Good luck Purplefirefly! It's not good that it's hurting your back - are you really focusing on contracting your core and breathing properly when you're lifting? If I feel a twinge in my back whenever I'm doing the circuits I know I'm not paying enough attention to those things. You may want to back off the weight until you have done all the circuits through at least once - I started a lot lighter in order to gauge what I could handle. And also, if you want to use light weights, you could just slow down even more and create your own resistance like Chalene says in the videos.

I know my two inches lost aren't particularly great results but I do think it's a wonderful program and I hope you enjoy it! I bet it will be a lot of fun with Turbo Fire!

Cemommster
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I am ordering a new video this week, and trying to decide between this one and turbo fire.

mommyto2bugs
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this thread. I have been reading all the posts. I was starting to get a little down on myself today. I started CE two weeks ago. Tomorrow is my last work out for week 2 of the burn phase. But reading all the posts has made me a feel better!!!
Can't wait to finish the 90 days and hopefully see some results!!!! :dancer:

Karray
05-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Congratulations on finishing the program freedomreins! I'm happy that you can see the results in your body, it doesn't always have to be in the numbers.

I never could get back into the routine with Chalean after my vacation, which I was definitely afraid was going to happen. I have been keeping up my running and struggling with my diet, but I am keeping my weight somewhat steady.

I know eventually I will come back to Chalean and hope to finally finish the whole program like you did. Are you moving on to another program or are you going to continue with lean for life?

Precious Little
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Wow, this thread was a long way down the list.

Hi everyone,
I'm a little late to join but I've been doing Chalean Extreme for about 2 weeks and really enjoying it. I was doing Shaun T's Insanity but had to stop as my knees were getting hammered by all the jumping.

So far so good with the light-ish weights I"m using, and really having some good results that I can FEEL in my muscles, they are changing and I love it. Can't really notice much difference in the mirror yet, but that will come.

At the moment I'm spreading out my workout schedule and only doing the workouts about 2 x a week but may up that a bit depending how I go.

Can't wait to get into Burn Circuit 2 :)

TatterScoops
08-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new here but I'm on my week 4 of CLX Burn Phase. So excited but I plan on doing some catch up on several days that I missed the workout (usually the Saturday ones) Burn It Off & Recharge.

I fired my personal trainer after finishing a 25 sessions with him and started Chalean Extreme and so far I am loving it. :D