Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Default About to Give Up

I weighed myself this a.m. because I was so anxious to see my results this week, official WI not til tomorrow, and I found that I gained a lb

Last week was TOM so I expected not to lose, this week I was 100% OP, did not cheat once, drank all my water, took my pills, ate the veggies, did everything right and when I expected to lose 3-4 lbs I gain instead?

I don't understand. I thought the low carb way was going to work for me. I have lost 1.8 lbs in 3 weeks. Everytime my body reaches this weight it stays there. Why? Feeling so discouraged I cried this morning. Since my 20's I've struggled with this, never reaching my goal. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.

Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or am I just destined to be this size forever!
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #2  
INACTIVE

Don't give up yet! There could be many reasons...first, are you sure your scale is accurate? Secondly, have you had your thyroid function checked? Lots of people have said that they plateau for a couple of weeks at a time. I know it is hard to not see the results you want when you are working so hard, but please keep going a little bit longer. Talk to your coach tomorrow and see what they say. Can you talk to your doctor? I'm so sorry you are feeling discouraged. Keep your chin up and push the giving up thoughts out of your mind at least until you can have a meeting with your coach.
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Ah, don't give up. If you work this plan, it really does work. If you are doing the IP plan using IP products then my comments will be valid for you otherwise I don't have an answer for you.

Are you keeping a food diary? I find that when I do that I can sometimes pinpoint something that I may be doing that is hindering my weight loss. But you have to be honest or it won't work. A little bite of this or a little sip of something all count towards your daily intake. Maybe something you are using actually has sugar in it that you didn't know about.

Plus our bodies just sometimes don't cooperate when we ask them to release the extra weight. We need to keep focused and continue on-plan with no cheating at all and eventually the body releases the weight.

Don't give up. It could still be you are retaining water for some reason.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #4  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

I'm sorry you're frustrated. You mention that this week was a 100% OP week. Did you have small cheats the last few weeks that might attribute to the smaller losses?

The scale is not the ONLY sign of success on this diet. Are your clothes fitting better? I also think that how I feel eating on this diet is more important than the actual pounds. Are you feeling better eating IP than your previous diet?

I think that since this has been a plateau point in the past it might be expected to slow down now. Wouldn't you like to know what would happen if you pressed on at this weight instead of quitting? Especially since you've been fighting with this for so long?

I say you can do this. You have been OP for a significant amount of time. You have the tools and the routine that will make you get to your goal. Try to focus on something rather than just the pounds. Keep your chin up! Good luck!

Last edited by abuck; 01-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.
abuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It looks like overall you have lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks...and over Christmas!

This would be great progress for any diet. I think you should stick to it for another month and see where you end up.

Make sure you are writing down everything you are eating and ask for advice from your coach or on this forum. There are many sources of support out there!

Good luck!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Don't give up yet! There could be many reasons...first, are you sure your scale is accurate? Secondly, have you had your thyroid function checked? Lots of people have said that they plateau for a couple of weeks at a time. I know it is hard to not see the results you want when you are working so hard, but please keep going a little bit longer. Talk to your coach tomorrow and see what they say. Can you talk to your doctor? I'm so sorry you are feeling discouraged. Keep your chin up and push the giving up thoughts out of your mind at least until you can have a meeting with your coach.
thank you, I checked my thyroid a few years ago and the doctor said it was good. My scale is very accurate, almost identical to my coach's. Funny this is the first week I felt so hungry (hungrier than I've felt for a while), I also felt so lethargic. I wonder if I'm not eating enough? I also try to keep a tally of how many calories I'm eating, I estimate around 800-900, most days, I hardly ever reach a 1000 calories a day. It's so hard to keep motivated when I don't see results. My carb count is anywhere from 25-35 a day, including my veggies (I try to consider that too)
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Ah, don't give up. If you work this plan, it really does work. If you are doing the IP plan using IP products then my comments will be valid for you otherwise I don't have an answer for you.

Are you keeping a food diary? I find that when I do that I can sometimes pinpoint something that I may be doing that is hindering my weight loss. But you have to be honest or it won't work. A little bite of this or a little sip of something all count towards your daily intake. Maybe something you are using actually has sugar in it that you didn't know about.

Plus our bodies just sometimes don't cooperate when we ask them to release the extra weight. We need to keep focused and continue on-plan with no cheating at all and eventually the body releases the weight.

Don't give up. It could still be you are retaining water for some reason.

Yes I keep a food diary. I have not cheated and I'm using the IP products. I drink 10-12 cups of water a day. I was hungry lots this week and felt tired. Wonder if maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm going myself one more week on this, it's not worth it to me if I'm going to feel like crap and still not lose weight
Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

I noticed you posted on Tuesday that you have a hard boiled egg & cucumber every day as a snack between breakfast & lunch. But that you don't count them as part of your protein intake for the day.

You might want to rethink that choice.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck View Post
I'm sorry you're frustrated. You mention that this week was a 100% OP week. Did you have small cheats the last few weeks that might attribute to the smaller losses?

The scale is not the ONLY sign of success on this diet. Are your clothes fitting better? I also think that how I feel eating on this diet is more important than the actual pounds. Are you feeling better eating IP than your previous diet?

I think that since this has been a plateau point in the past it might be expected to slow down now. Wouldn't you like to know what would happen if you pressed on at this weight instead of quitting? Especially since you've been fighting with this for so long?

I say you can do this. You have been OP for a significant amount of time. You have the tools and the routine that will make you get to your goal. Try to focus on something rather than just the pounds. Keep your chin up! Good luck!
Funny you should say that, the previous weeks, especially during Xmas I cheated both xmas day and xmas eve, went back on plan for 5 days before my WI and lost 1.8. Since then have not cheated at all. Not even small cheats. But like I said I felt hungrier this week and very tired. Went to bed hungry a few nights (if I'm in Ketosis should I be this hungry) and I also had headaches (some thing I didn't even experience during the first few weeks)

and yes I'm going to give it another week, maybe I will be surprised next week and drop 10 lbs? lol
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post

This would be great progress for any diet. I think you should stick to it for another month and see where you end up.

Make sure you are writing down everything you are eating and ask for advice from your coach or on this forum. There are many sources of support out there!

Good luck!
Agree! 14 pounds in 6 weeks is excellent! How are your clothes fitting? Lots of water write everything down! You're doing great!
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
I noticed you posted on Tuesday that you have a hard boiled egg & cucumber every day as a snack between breakfast & lunch. But that you don't count them as part of your protein intake for the day.

You might want to rethink that choice.
this week I had the hard boiled egg but counted it as my protein, I had less protein for dinner as a result (4-5 oz only). One day I didn't even have my restrictive, I had a shake instead because I didn't feel like the bars.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post

Good luck!
yes but 7.8 of that was the first week, in fact I've lost 1.8 lbs in 4 weeks on this program. But I will stick with it for another week and see what happens.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Can you write out what an average day looks like for you (including oil, seasonings, teas, ect.)? There might be something that's keeping you from losing that you're not even aware of.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #14  

sure, here goes:

bfast: IP Shake & green tea (half a teaspoon of splenda)
snacks: boiled egg and half an english cucumber
lunch: IP shake & 2 cups of salad (dressing is my own I make, EVOO, vinegar and spices), 2 tsps.
snack p.m.: IP Bar
dinner: 5-8 oz of meat, 2 cups of veggies (this week I had xtra lean hamburger twice), one day I had a whole egg and 2 whites for dinner with my salad and veggies), yesterday I had rotisserie chicken and 2 cups of veggies)

I do not have any packet at night although I am hungry some nights. This week I had half a vanilla pudding because I was hungry on night.

Also I vary it, I may have 3 oz of meat and my salad with lunch and have my IP packet at night around 7:30 (I try not to eat pass 8 p.m.)
Old 01-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Agree! 14 pounds in 6 weeks is excellent! How are your clothes fitting? Lots of water write everything down! You're doing great!
I drink 10-12 cups of water a day, religiously!!
and my clothes are much looser and do feel good on me, that's the one thing keeping me going now.