Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat 1/13/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat 1/13/12

wuv2bloved
01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Junetwin11
01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Yahoo down 2 lbs during phase 2. Starting phase 3 this weekend :)

NavyMommy
01-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning!!

I have to admit with all the craziness around here I am looking forward to a quieter day today. Yesterday was nuts, but it felt like Friday all day, glad that today actually is Friday. My goal for today is to get my kitchen cabinets cleaned out. It's ridiculous some of the stuff I'm holding onto, so wish me luck!!

Way to go!! Please keep us posted on phase 3, for me that seems the most daunting.

doublebaby
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Mustang Molly and Marcella,
I posted recipe late last night/this morning on the last page of 1-12 daily chat for chocolate drink mix packet.

Best wishes for everyone today for staying OP and their weigh ins. I didn't make it to my destination as planned due to the weather and bad roads but I did stay OP due to planning ahead. I will get there today though and hopefully my return journey won't be so bad next week.

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I posted recipe late last night/this morning on the last page of 1-12 daily chat for chocolate drink mix packet.

Best wishes for everyone today for staying OP and their weigh ins. I didn't make it to my destination as planned due to the weather and bad roads but I did stay OP due to planning ahead. I will get there today though and hopefully my return journey won't be so bad next week.

Thanks very much for posting the recipe, I can't wait to give it a try.

Junetwin11
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. Especially when I saw a 3 to 4 lb loss each week. I am adament that I will not go back to my old ways of eating. I love all the veggies. I love my new(new to me) clothes. Mostly I love the new me. I have worked hard @ this, spent the money, I invested in ME and just refuse to make bad food choices :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Congrats, Junetwin11, it's great to hear that you lost on phase 2.

I tried the soy patty yesterday for lunch and I liked it. It seems to have a lot of possibilities, so I will order it again and see what I can come up with. I made zucchini 'noodles' and mini bison meatballs for dinner, and it was the first time I've had any tomato products since starting. With the addition of spices and the Land O' Lakes parmesan/herb sprinkles, it tasted really close to the real thing! Tonight, I think I will have salmon--I had it last Friday and may make it my Friday meal.
I'm trying to do a week without restricted bars to see if it affects my weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 3lbs a week, but I just want to see what even fewer carbs do, if anything. One thing I have noticed is a lack of energy, and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing? I am taking all of my supplements and drinking all of my water. I eat my restricted bar for my nighttime snack, so now there aren't any carbs being converted to energy overnight. However, I did have some carbs in the tomato sauce last night (I would guess 6-10g), so I will see if I have a little more energy today.
Have a great day, everyone! I'm looking out my window and there are some snowflakes :-)

sekc14
01-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. Especially when I saw a 3 to 4 lb loss each week. I am adament that I will not go back to my old ways of eating. I love all the veggies. I love my new(new to me) clothes. Mostly I love the new me. I have worked hard @ this, spent the money, I invested in ME and just refuse to make bad food choices :)

Thanks for posting this. Your determination is so inspiring! Several of my friends are rather doubtful that I will maintain weightloss after losing it fast. Can't say I blame them as I was skeptical and thought WW was the only legitimate diet. Since learning that WW was bought by General Mills several years ago and noticing how they seem to push dietic junk food like those 100 calorie packs, I'm convinced Gen Mills is using WW as another means to sell food products. So glad I found Ideal Protein on the internet.

galpal445
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. :)

Congratulations on getting to phase 3! I certainly understand why you are nervous but know you will do just as well on phase 3 as you did on phase 1 because you have focus and determination. Good luck!
__________________________________________________ _________________

I got my order from Torani yesterday! Ordered a bunch of different flavored sugar free syrups to flavor to my drinks and IP food. I only had vanilla & hazelnut before but having a variety will certainly add to my choices now. Yum!
Have a great day everyone!

EmilySebetka
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
All this Phase 3 talk makes me want to be there! But that is a long way off. I'm gonna try the raspberry jelly and chili today. We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.

CutieEli
01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

It's FRIDAY :carrot:

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight on their WI or had an NSV!! Sometimes those are even more important!!!

I was at 211 this morning..wouhouu so this is keeping me motivated for the weekend! It will be hard since we are going out for breakfast on Sunday with some friends! We always order the good plates...but on Sunday my BF and I will have to be pleased with a veggie omelet with no cheese!! lool We could do it!!
I keep telling myself that by the end of the month I want to be 199. So that is what I am focusing on right now :) IT might be too high of a goal but it's keeping me going!!

Soooo this weekend I will be changing to alternatives most likely..I think the transition will be okay with the suggestions I got from the AMAHZING people here ;)

Have a great day everyone, you are worth it =)

Ishbel
01-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for posting this. Your determination is so inspiring! Several of my friends are rather doubtful that I will maintain weightloss after losing it fast. Can't say I blame them as I was skeptical and thought WW was the only legitimate diet. Since learning that WW was bought by General Mills several years ago and noticing how they seem to push dietic junk food like those 100 calorie packs, I'm convinced Gen Mills is using WW as another means to sell food products. So glad I found Ideal Protein on the internet.

WOW, that's interesting....I don't know much about WW (might be sharing and researching that a bit more for my own personal interest...thanks for sharing that!), I did WW once lost 40 lbs, my sister joined with me and said "watch me lose more then you" and I lost my focus. This is why I try HARD not to compare or make it any sort of competition, that it's my journey and no one elses.

I hate that it costs so much a week for someone to weigh you to be accountable...but then I started IP years later! HAHAHA It's a no thinking plan and I'm with Junetwine11 (you'll do great!) as to being nervous about phasing off...but I know I'll just be as neurotic about it as I was about phase 1 until I'm comfortable. :) "I've worked to hard to get here and turn back...I got this!"

galpal445
01-13-2012, 10:53 AM
We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.

You CAN have a few of the White Cheddar Ridges! Or put a few Southwest Cheese Flavored Protein Curls on top of it. Not a lot because that would be too many carbs but a few might just satisfy that need to have cheese and crackers on your chili. I LOVE this diet because if you have a craving for something it can usually be met with an Ideal Protein product. Enjoy your chili!

abuck
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Happy Friday the 13th!!!! Hopefully all you with weigh-ins will have unusually LUCKY success! :D

So I'm on day 11 and just chugging along. I don't remember who said it (it was a couple of days ago) but someone had said that they had a very cramp reduced almost pain-free but very heavy period and i'd have to agree here. It's been nice not to have to take anything for pain or hang out with a heating pad. I'm wondering if it's a reduction in inflammation that the diet seems to have. I have also been taking krill oil and wondering if that's affecting it as well.

Interesting to know about WW because it's the diet I think that is generally acknowledged to be "the most healthy". It was always too hard for me as I was starving constantly. In retrospect I remember them always talking about complex carbs, veggies, fruit, dairy and meat and then passing out coupons for little simple carb treats each week, lol!

Well, it's a beautiful day in SW Missouri. There's snow on the ground and it's supposed to be 63 degrees on Monday and my husband wants to take our daughter to the zoo because he is off work. That will be my first day trip on IP but I think it will be very easy to manage.

mrsmurphy
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Almost through with week two :) Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.

I mean in reality there are people who go on salad diets all the time or people who just generally eat just veggies and chicken, without taking supplements or following through the guidance of a coach. I think i diet is a diet and it's all about eating healthy if we are eating healthy we are ultimately all trying to be healthier individuals. Anyways, the talk about ip versus alternatives made me feel like I shouldn't post my success thusfar. BUT I wanted to put forth my two cents!!!HOWEVER, i hope that everyone continues their success and weight loss. We ALL want to be HEALTHY! :)

Pamelama
01-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Finally bought 2 of the MIO liquids yesterday. Last night I had the Berry Pomegranite with some sparkling water. Very good! Wuv has mentioned them several times and they are definitely a nice addition to the IP tools!

Happy Friday! :carrot:

stmpspaz
01-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Day three begins. Up early today to go to town for a manicure (town it 20 miles away! LOL). Started the day with the herb omelet. Wish the clinic was open today so I could get more of those - I like it!! Filling too (I add onions). This afternoon will be my first "outing" around dinner time - have my son's basketball game and they are having a pancake supper. I am hoping for the will power to skip it (and the amazing homemade chokecherry syrup).

Patti

Pamelama
01-13-2012, 11:35 AM
All this Phase 3 talk makes me want to be there! But that is a long way off. I'm gonna try the raspberry jelly and chili today. We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.

How about turnip chips? Salty and crunchy! Yum!

NavyMommy
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to do a week without restricted bars to see if it affects my weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 3lbs a week, but I just want to see what even fewer carbs do, if anything. One thing I have noticed is a lack of energy, and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing? I am taking all of my supplements and drinking all of my water. I eat my restricted bar for my nighttime snack, so now there aren't any carbs being converted to energy overnight. However, I did have some carbs in the tomato sauce last night (I would guess 6-10g), so I will see if I have a little more energy today.
Have a great day, everyone! I'm looking out my window and there are some snowflakes :-)

Personally I always found I lost better when I had 1 restricted a day verses only 1-2 a week. Plus it keeps me happy and feeling good. I think Wuv posted something recently about how people who have the restricteds stick with the diet better and have better results. Not trying to discourage you, because I will be very interested to see how your week is and if I should try cutting them out too.

Soooo this weekend I will be changing to alternatives most likely..I think the transition will be okay with the suggestions I got from the AMAHZING people here ;)

Have a great day everyone, you are worth it =)

FYI, before you switch to the alternatives make sure you do all your research. Personally I couldn't do alternatives without ordering online because I was not satisfied with what I could get in stores(hence my 10 different stops and starts in December), but everyone is different. Maybe give yourself a week buffer with the IP products while you start to incorporate some of the alternatives you are planning on using if you can because it would be a shame to fall off the wagon just because you weren't prepared.

Now that I have more variety and IMO higher quality products from the internet I am very satisfied, although I am still wanting to go back to IP once business picks up.

Almost through with week two :) Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.

There's no need to be wary! There are several people on here who have been very successful with alternatives, Wuv's mom lost I think 50lbs on alternatives. That's so awesome you're feeling great!!

Finally bought 2 of the MIO liquids yesterday. Last night I had the Berry Pomegranite with some sparkling water. Very good! Wuv has mentioned them several times and they are definitely a nice addition to the IP tools!

Happy Friday! :carrot:

I love MiO! Make sure to try the Black Cherry, that's my new favorite!

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM

I have been using Mio since I started the program. I really love the orange, I can't wait to use it in a smoothie with my vanilla pudding, it should taste like a dreamsicle. I did want to mention that the MIO energy does have caffeine in it so make sure to get your extra water to make up for that.

licaba
01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Had my first WI this morning! -7.2lbs!!!!!!!!!! Too good to be true isn't it? I added my s/c/g at the side (at least I think i did lol) and had to think a long time about what my goal is. I have just wanted to get below 200 for so long, now I feel I have the ability to run from it.

Also a question... do you weigh yourself each day? every other day? only at the coach's? This past week I weighed myself everyday and it was nice to see the scale going down, but I know it won't quite be as steadily after the first week so thinking I should just maybe do it once in the middle of the week.

Thank you all for your tips and encouragement! Good luck to everyone!!

Shemsham
01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Day 6 but it's my weigh-in day - I'm excited and nervous. I'm also excited to put in a real order of foods I pick - so far the plain chocolate shake is my favorite, but I want to try the lemon pudding and vanilla shake.
~Tammy

abuck
01-13-2012, 11:50 AM

I think you answered your worries right there in that last line. Please continue to post your success! My Mom has expressed interest in starting and she would definitely be doing alternatives. I have no concerns over recommending she do that.

newmom7611
01-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey abuck -- that was me who was commenting on TOM. I like your theory. It makes alot of sense :) glad you said something.

So I have a pretty nice NSV. I don't want my fiancé to sound like a jerk, but he and I are brutally honest about everything and people think he's a little rough on me sometimes. I know he loves me, but he's always made small comments about my weight--- or would advise me strongly against eating junk-- outsiders would say it was rude and mean... I always knew his intentions were good. Anyway, I asked him about two weeks ago if he could tell I lost weight--by looking at me (because I started to notice). He politely replied with " well it's kind of hard to tell because i see you everyday" which I know means --no. Well yesterday, I was doing my hair and he said-- "we really need to get you some smaller clothes. I can see a difference now, I'm so proud of you babe." honestly, that comment made all my work worth it. I've also noticed that he's been way more affectionate. Sheesh, if this is how it is in the 150s I'm nervous to see how it is when I hit the 120s. ;). Lol sorry for being so long winded.

Congrats to everyone on their successes !!

frazzledmom04
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Congratulations! You've done amazing. Good luck and enjoy Phase 3 :)

frazzledmom04
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Had my first WI this morning! -7.2lbs!!!!!!!!!! Too good to be true isn't it? I added my s/c/g at the side (at least I think i did lol) and had to think a long time about what my goal is. I have just wanted to get below 200 for so long, now I feel I have the ability to run from it.

Also a question... do you weigh yourself each day? every other day? only at the coach's? This past week I weighed myself everyday and it was nice to see the scale going down, but I know it won't quite be as steadily after the first week so thinking I should just maybe do it once in the middle of the week.

Good job! :carrot: Its an amazing feeling to see what all your hard work was for. I used to weigh everyday but then I started to get really frustrated when I would see the scale not move or "gasp" go up, so my husband took the scale away with him to work and I haven't seemt since. It's a nice surprise whn I go to my coach every week and way less stress for me at home.

cathy1311
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
I see where so many of you have been successful on IP and it has been a great motivator to not cheat and stay OP.
However, it's day 4 , no cheats, drank all my water and then some, and my scale only shows a loss of 1.6lbs.
I have been told not to exercise (usually exercised at least an hour a day prior) until week 2 because of the tendency to burn muscle.
I am more than discouraged - gave up my diet cokes, cheese, and evening glass of wine and no real progress on the scale. Is it because I am not exercising? Or is this normal for some? :?:

New Englander
01-13-2012, 12:31 PM
So I love my turnip (rutabaga) fries...I toss them in 1 - 2 tsps (depending on what I'll have as my other veggie of the day) and bake them until they're crispy (they come out more like soggy fries) I've tried high heats (450) low heats (350) and everything in between....My coach told me to be careful and not let them get brown because she reminded me they are caramelizing and the sugars are not allowed...How does everyone else eat their turnips/rutabagas...I was thinking of just boiling them but I really love the semi crunch factor I was able to get through baking them...

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Congrats to you all for those outstanding losses. My restart was only Wed but always weigh in on Fridays sooooo.... YAY I'm back in the 100s! I'm so happy and very psyched to push on toward goal.

The Shrimp with Lobster Sauce was great last night SOOOOO FULL! I experimented with Miracle Rice. Boiled 1 bag in 2 cups Chick Broth with 1 tsp fine chopped ginger. About 1 minute before all the broth had boiled down I threw in one chopped scallion. It was really good. I still look forward to trying the recipe on yesterday's thread I was just too tired to go there. Visiting elderly momma 2-3 hours each day in nursing rehab is taking a toll. Driving time 1 hour added to that almost finishes me. Bless her heart though, she is 94 with a broken ankle. I have no room to whine. So dinner was a joyful respite. :)

leganegan
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM

You will looove phase 3! Nothing to be worried about same as other phases, just breakfast is DELISH! I lost 2lbs during phase 3!!! Got a pound below my goal weight actually. phew.
I didn't even really measure and obsess I just made sure I got a fruit, a dairy, a carb and a fat.
Example, my go to breakfast at work meal:
• ½ cup of Alpen Muesli (no sugar added) mixed it in Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, sprinkled with truvia and Cinnamon.
• 7oz of berries: (a tiny carton from grocery store of raspberries or blueberries or blackberries, or sometimes I’d have a small banana
• And I’d eat a little peanut butter on a spoon to get some fat in.

yum! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I'm down some from the holidays. I might need a phase 3 breakfast soon. YUMMY.

New Englander
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I see where so many of you have been successful on IP and it has been a great motivator to not cheat and stay OP.
However, it's day 4 , no cheats, drank all my water and then some, and my scale only shows a loss of 1.6lbs.
I have been told not to exercise (usually exercised at least an hour a day prior) until week 2 because of the tendency to burn muscle.
I am more than discouraged - gave up my diet cokes, cheese, and evening glass of wine and no real progress on the scale. Is it because I am not exercising? Or is this normal for some? :?:
That's great to have a loss!!!

You'll have weeks with bigger #s and weeks with smaller #s. Your TOM could affect your loss..as well as potential big C problems...??? Hang in there...and remember a loss is a loss and you should be proud of it!!!

lisak21629
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Today is my first day on IP... So far Ive had the RTD Chocolate shake, and the caramel nut bar.. and of course water. It is so nice to come on here and read everyones success and ideas. I hope to have the success that all of you have had on here. :)

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM

OH CATHY hang in there. You're body is going WHAAAA? and kicking up its heals in rebellion. The losses should start significantly in the next couple of days... Probably by tomorrow. Make sure there's nothing sneaking its way in, ie. I was using Grey Poupon Dijon mustard and didn't realize for a couple of weeks that it had sugar in it. Other brands do not. Check every label carefully. When I eat shrimp or lobster I will show a 3 pound gain the next morning... Though the day after it disappears magically (high salt I guess DUH). I gain if I add too much Splenda intake through MIO, Crystal Lite etc.

If there are no losses after two weeks you might begin to wonder but please wait for it. Best wishes for loss success!:hug:

janniegoingdown
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Good Day everyone, I tried the mixing vanilla pudding with the orange drink and oh my tasted like a creamsicle. Sooo yummy! Weigh in is tomorrow, looking forward to it. Have a great day all!

mrsmurphy
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM

give yourself some credit! Your on day 4 and you lost almost 2 lbs!! Imagine if you lose 2lbs every 4 days (Not guaranteeing that would happen) But, put it into perspective! 2lbs in 4 days is ALOT without exercise. I believe i read somewhere else the reason we are advised not to exercise is because we are only consuming 800-900 calories a day and exercise may slow the weight loss process... someone can correct me if I am wrong. But give yourself credit... 1.6lbs is a loss, not everyone is the same!! Keep your head up, i'm sure it will get better :hug:

abuck
01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Today is my first day on IP... So far Ive had the RTD Chocolate shake, and the caramel nut bar.. and of course water. It is so nice to come on here and read everyones success and ideas. I hope to have the success that all of you have had on here. :)

:welcome2: Glad you're here! I'm pretty new myself (Day 11) It may get harder before it gets better but if you're anything like me it will get better.

EmilySebetka
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM

IDK if this will make you feel better, but my whole weight loss for week 1 was 3lbs. That was after going into ketosis!! Once you get started, you'll lose more, and maybe you haven't lost the lbs, but the inches? I lost about 6in in my first week. Just make sure you're staying 100% OP.:)

wuv2bloved
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Awesome! That is what my mom did as well, loss in the other phases as well.

That's awesome - Congrats!

I have my WI tomorrow am and I am looking forward to it. It's day 65 here and I am getting pretty tired of phase 1. Tomorrow I plan on wearing lighter workout clothes instead of jeans/tshirt so my home and clinic weights aren't so different (yes I actually had the scale out and weighed them much to my husband's amusement). I am hoping I can get to that 90% in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck today everyone!
Change your packets around, add some spices, flavorings to them. There are LOTS of different things to do so you don't get bored with it. I have been on for 7 months now and I am still finding new ways to experiment with the packets. I have to buy mine by the boxes but I NEVER eat the same thing in a week always a different taste. I weigh in the SAME exact clothes every week, except now I weigh in Danskin workout pants, its too cold for shorts....lol

You can make your own crackers with the crepe packet
CRACKERS made from Plain Crepe Mix
Mix plain crepe mix with water so it is thick and spread on cookie sheet and add sea salt, garlic and other herbs you like on crackers. Bake 350 degrees until brown & crispy. options: garlic, pepper, dill, sesame seeds, dried bell pepper seasoning for steak.

IP Flat Bread Crackers
2 packets of IP Plain Crepe
3 ½ to 4 oz of water
¼ tea Redmond’s Salt
Dehydrated minced garlic
Cracked Pepper
Rosemary
Sea Salt
In a bowl mix crepe packets with ¼ tea. salt and water to a paste like, but spreadable consistency. Spread very thin on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Season top with garlic, cracked pepper, rosemary and salt.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until browned. Once golden brown turn off the oven and let sit in oven approx. 20 minutes more or until you can break apart into cracker pieces

I mean in reality there are people who go on salad diets all the time or people who just generally eat just veggies and chicken, without taking supplements or following through the guidance of a coach. I think i diet is a diet and it's all about eating healthy if we are eating healthy we are ultimately all trying to be healthier individuals. Anyways, the talk about ip versus alternatives made me feel like I shouldn't post my success thusfar. BUT I wanted to put forth my two cents!!!HOWEVER, i hope that everyone continues their success and weight loss. We ALL want to be HEALTHY! :)
Don't stop coming and posting here because you are on alternative we keep up with everyone and like to see EVERYONE succeed. Everyone of us need support regardless if we are doing IP or Alternative that is why EVERYONE is welcomed here!! I did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable about posting about alternative, and if you did get that sense I am sorry for that.

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!!.....weigh in ONLY at your clinic,

see you are disappointed already because you "ONLY"only loss 1.6lbs...NEVER EVER be disappointed in a loss no matter how small it is....I keep repeating myself and I will continue to do so A LOSS IS A LOSS!!...be proud of that, you are headed in the right direction that is all that matters!....c'mon you have ONLY been on the program for 4 days, this isn't a miracle diet, I am sorry, if this sounds harsh because I do not mean it to be but sometimes we have to give up things to make our lives better and if you are complaining about giving up diet coke, cheese and evening glasses of wine then this may not be the program for you. If you want to be healthy then those are some of the things that have to be given up for awhile, its not forever ONLY the time being.

Good morning, everyone, sorry If I seemed winded this morning but there seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards this morning and there is no need for that. WE are ALL LOSING....I have not seen ONE PERSON post that they have gained. This is a strict diet BUT the results are amazing. Some lose faster than others and those that lose slow hang in there it does work. We have a few experienced posters that don't post in the daily any longer such as Bellamack and patns, both of them were slow losers but hung in there. Both are almost at their goals now. I am not saying stop venting about what you are going through but stop and think of the reason why you are on this program, you did not gain this weight over night therefore you will NOT lose it over night. Hang in there, WE are ALL in the SAME boat...TOGETHER we ALL will get through this...its a NEW YEAR....NO EXCUSES not to become a NEW YOU!!!!

purple sky
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM

I love Mio. The Berry Pomegranate is my favorite but I also love the Peach Tea. I was not crazy about the Sweet Tea. I had to use too much syrup. But, I use it as a treat since I will drink several glasses at once.

Hey abuck -- that was me who was commenting on TOM. I like your theory. It makes alot of sense :) glad you said something.

So I have a pretty nice NSV. I don't want my fiancé to sound like a jerk, but he and I are brutally honest about everything and people think he's a little rough on me sometimes. I know he loves me, but he's always made small comments about my weight--- or would advise me strongly against eating junk-- outsiders would say it was rude and mean... I always knew his intentions were good. Anyway, I asked him about two weeks ago if he could tell I lost weight--by looking at me (because I started to notice). He politely replied with " well it's kind of hard to tell because i see you everyday" which I know means --no. Well yesterday, I was doing my hair and he said-- "we really need to get you some smaller clothes. I can see a difference now, I'm so proud of you babe." honestly, that comment made all my work worth it. I've also noticed that he's been way more affectionate. Sheesh, if this is how it is in the 150s I'm nervous to see how it is when I hit the 120s. ;). Lol sorry for being so long winded.

:cp::cp:

I did not see anything on the scale for 3 days. DH had dropped like 10 lbs and I saw nothing. I felt bloated and puffy. I was very discouraged. Then, I saw a little movement like on day 4 or 5. Week 2 was better for me than week one. I was very discouraged because I had seen great losses for everyone for week one. It just served to remind me that we are all different and the average weight loss IP quotes is just that, an average. Some will lose a lot more and some will lose less.

FoolishHeart
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Cathy1311 - I'm going to add my 2 cents as well, and I hope you are encouraged by all the posts from everybody. We all want you to be happy with your success! When I first started I weighed myself twice a week. I was excited to see the losses every 3 or 4 days, but eventually I decided I needed to stick with my once-per-week weigh-in because my expectations were too high. Even once a week can be an emotional roller coaster! Now I know to take every weigh-in with a grain of salt, and to average out the last 3 weeks or so. Some weeks are huge losses, and some are so minimal it makes you cry. But when you average it out, you (usually) see that you lose about 3 lbs per week. I know it's hard to hang in there in the beginning, but it's worth it. It's really really worth it!

NewEnglander - I just boiled some rutabaga, mashed it with my olive oil (flavored with garlic and rosemary), sea salt and pepper and it was DELICIOUS! I tried it with turnips before too, but the rutabaga was by far my favorite. Yum.

Leganegan - Thank you for your posts! It's nice to see posts from someone who is not on Phase 1. I love all my 1-ers, but it's nice to see what we have to look forward to as well! I'm hoping to be at my goal by around August or so, which seems like a long way off, but I know it would take soooooo much longer if I was on any other eating plan! Go IP!

Have a wonderful OP plan day, my lovely IPeeps!

mamacitaof2
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I had a great weigh in today. I lost 2lbs and 2 more inches! I hope everyone has a great OP weekend! Congratulations to all of the "losers" out there! Stay positive and know that you are on the way to making a healthier you, regardless of how fast you get there!

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Almost dashed by Mrs. Dash!

The Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend has carrot sugar listed as an ingredient. Saboteur... Sigh. Also the premixed taco seasonings have sugar in them.

I almost botched a whole slow cooker full of Salsa Chicken!

Lorilou
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone! :flow1: Congratulations to everyone who had great WIs today and good luck to those who will be going for WIs. :cb: I had my WI this morning and had a 0 lose. I didn't have a BM this morning (sorry for the TMI) and they said that is why I didn't show a loss. I didn't gain so that's good. I did however show a 4.1 decrease in my fat volume and 4.1 increase in my lean muscle so those are worth celebrating :cp:. I am not going to be discouraged by the weight and will continue to stay OP and on this journey!

Momto2cs
01-13-2012, 02:43 PM

I lost 2 pounds this week. My coach always says it would be more if I would just stop exercising!

But I am satisfied. My body fat has dropped to 18%, so I know my losses will be slower

11 pounds to goal

massconfusion84
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
I just did my very first weigh in and I lost 8lbs! I am doing a happy dance! Have a great weekend!

Chuckles1330
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Well, tomorrow is "D" day - I will officially start IP. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Will be interesting to see how it goes, since I have a date tomorrow night and am not quite ready to share with him what I'm doing. Only person I have shared my plans with is my sister, who I expect will be supportive, as I am supportive of her endeavors. She has seen me rollercoaster with my weight most of my life and just wants me to be healthy and happy.

grassfedbeef
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I am new the group here. I have been on the IP diet since 9/12 and have lost 63 pounds so far! When I started, I'd say it was a stretch if I ate 4 cups a vegetables in 6 months. That was really a struggle for me, but my life changed when I found this board about 4 weeks in! I just spent the morning making enough "fried rice" and a german cole slaw to eat all weekend! Thanks so much for all of the great recipes!

SarahDC
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I just did my very first weigh in and I lost 8lbs! I am doing a happy dance! Have a great weekend!

Congrats!! That is awesome, you should be proud!

galpal445
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I gain if I add too much Splenda intake through MIO, Crystal Lite etc.

I see that you use Crystal Light. What flavors do you use? I couldn't find any flavors that didn't have aspertame in them and would really like to be able to find a flavor that didn't have it.
thanks!

thin4me
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Had my weigh in on Wed night, down 1.4 but still not back to where I was prior to my month off. I intend to get back into this 100%. Part of getting back into everything is to read this board daily, I find it really encouraging and keeps me on track

Congrats to everyone who was able to maintain their eating habits over the holidays!!!

Busymomx4
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Happy TGIF everyone, middle of a snow storm here (got 8 inches yesterday, more of the same today). Can't wait to go home...i'm wearing a nice comfy wool sweater and i just want to go for a nap, lol.

Almost dashed by Mrs. Dash!

The Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend has carrot sugar listed as an ingredient. Saboteur... Sigh. Also the premixed taco seasonings have sugar in them.

I almost botched a whole slow cooker full of Salsa Chicken!

Are you serious, i use that one all the time (and love it), i checked to make sure it was 0/0/0 but never checked the ingredients! Darn it!

WI tomorrow, scale hasn't moved all week...might try a boot camp week this coming week to see if it moves things a bit more.

Have a great afternoon!

Paint Lady
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
It's been mentioned tons of times before, but since I'm thinking about it now, I will say it again. READ LABELS PEOPLE!!!! LOL! It needs to be 0/0/0 and there should be no MSG, sugar (in any form...fructose is sugar), nuts, or salt. Yeah, every once in a while you are going to get some salt, especially if you eat at a restaurant. But, you will notice it on the scale. Don't make it a habit!

cathy1311
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! You are all awesome and sorry that I sounded whiny. You are right a loss is a loss and I am in this for the long term to get healthy and fit for me :)
Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week!

DanafromAustin
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM

I do, but the scale barely going down or up as it did this morning doesn't bother me because I know it could all change tomorrow. However if you think that would bother you then put the scale away. However I do use the once a week weigh in with my coach as my official weight. Bottom line, you know yourself best.

Hello everyone! :flow1: Congratulations to everyone who had great WIs today and good luck to those who will be going for WIs. :cb: I had my WI this morning and had a 0 lose. I didn't have a BM this morning (sorry for the TMI) and they said that is why I didn't show a loss. I didn't gain so that's good. I did however show a 4.1 decrease in my fat volume and 4.1 increase in my lean muscle so those are worth celebrating :cp:. I am not going to be discouraged by the weight and will continue to stay OP and on this journey!

You may not have lost on the scale this morning, but you definitely lost this week. Gaining in lean muscle like that and loosing in body fat like that is even more impressive than any old number on the scale. The scale weighs everything, meaning things we don't even care how much they weigh. But gaining lean muscle and loosing body fat is everything. A big congratulations to you.

Busymomx4
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
It's been mentioned tons of times before, but since I'm thinking about it now, I will say it again. READ LABELS PEOPLE!!!! LOL! It needs to be 0/0/0 and there should be no MSG, sugar (in any form...fructose is sugar), nuts, or salt. Yeah, every once in a while you are going to get some salt, especially if you eat at a restaurant. But, you will notice it on the scale. Don't make it a habit!

Just a question, how come the regular Mrs dash is ok if it contains carrot, orange peel, tomato...i know its not carrot sugar but the rest is ok? Just want to make sure i don't use more things that i shouldn't.

FoolishHeart
01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
maykatcooper - What do you use in your salsa chicken? I used to make it with corn and black beans and salsa. So easy, but obviously I can't have the corn and beans now.

FoolishHeart
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Chuckles1330 - Welcome to IP! I'm so excited for you ! I know you can do it, even with the challenge of a date. I started IP one week before Thanksgiving, and I didn't cheat at all on that national day of eating crap.

Massconfusion - Congratulations on the loss! That's AMAZING! Keep up the good work!

LadyDi2010
01-13-2012, 03:38 PM
You will looove phase 3! Nothing to be worried about same as other phases, just breakfast is DELISH! I lost 2lbs during phase 3!!! Got a pound below my goal weight actually. phew.
I didn't even really measure and obsess I just made sure I got a fruit, a dairy, a carb and a fat.
Example, my go to breakfast at work meal:
• ½ cup of Alpen Muesli (no sugar added) mixed it in Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, sprinkled with truvia and Cinnamon.
• 7oz of berries: (a tiny carton from grocery store of raspberries or blueberries or blackberries, or sometimes I’d have a small banana
• And I’d eat a little peanut butter on a spoon to get some fat in.

yum! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I'm down some from the holidays. I might need a phase 3 breakfast soon. YUMMY.

Just want to let you know that you are inspiration to me! You look Fabulous in your pictures and we are the same height and almost same starting weight and goal. Thank you for the motivation today :) i needed a little extra today:hug:

Shayideal
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Good morning, everyone, sorry If I seemed winded this morning but there seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards this morning and there is no need for that. WE are ALL LOSING....I have not seen ONE PERSON post that they have gained. This is a strict diet BUT the results are amazing. Some lose faster than others and those that lose slow hang in there it does work. We have a few experienced posters that don't post in the daily any longer such as Bellamack and patns, both of them were slow losers but hung in there. Both are almost at their goals now. I am not saying stop venting about what you are going through but stop and think of the reason why you are on this program, you did not gain this weight over night therefore you will NOT lose it over night. Hang in there, WE are ALL in the SAME boat...TOGETHER we ALL will get through this...its a NEW YEAR....NO EXCUSES not to become a NEW YOU!!!![/QUOTE]

Well said Wuv! I am on week 9 of this program and I never thought in 8 weeks I would lose 24lbs. At the pace I was going before killing myself exercising and watching everything that went into my mouth and starving all the time it would have taken me a year to lose 24lbs. I am so happy I found Ideal Protein. I know exactly what to eat and am never hungry! Sure it is restrictive, but the results are amazing and so worth it! I started the week before Thanksgiving and I asked about cheating on Thanksgiving. My coach's response was, you know what it tastes like, right? It will be there next and you will be able to eat it then! Great words of advice and glad I have never cheated. Keep going everyone!

janniegoingdown
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
I am new the group here. I have been on the IP diet since 9/12 and have lost 63 pounds so far! When I started, I'd say it was a stretch if I ate 4 cups a vegetables in 6 months. That was really a struggle for me, but my life changed when I found this board about 4 weeks in! I just spent the morning making enough "fried rice" and a german cole slaw to eat all weekend! Thanks so much for all of the great recipes!

Hi, I would love the German cole slaw recipe. I love to make my veggies in big quantities to have on hand. This sounds like a gooder.

hmt1372
01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
So I love my turnip (rutabaga) fries...I toss them in 1 - 2 tsps (depending on what I'll have as my other veggie of the day) and bake them until they're crispy (they come out more like soggy fries) I've tried high heats (450) low heats (350) and everything in between....My coach told me to be careful and not let them get brown because she reminded me they are caramelizing and the sugars are not allowed...How does everyone else eat their turnips/rutabagas...I was thinking of just boiling them but I really love the semi crunch factor I was able to get through baking them...

I really enjoyed my turnip fries and last week I made them into hashbrowns, but didn't let them get all the way brown. I was quite disappointed this week when my coach looked at my food journal and told me that it should read "Turnip Green" and that since turnips are a root vegetable, they aren't allowed. Has anyone else been told this? I liked them a lot and would like to keep eating them once in awhile.

heliosmommy
01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello, everyone. I am on my fourth day of the IP diet. Still feeling pretty awful but am anxiously awaiting the energetic full feelings;). Did anyone else feel quite sick the first week?

heliosmommy
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
...also, just wondering.. where does everyone get the cute little goal pics, etc?

FoolishHeart
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Hello, everyone. I am on my fourth day of the IP diet. Still feeling pretty awful but am anxiously awaiting the energetic full feelings;). Did anyone else feel quite sick the first week?

Yes, I felt nauseous and a bit dizzy the first week. It went away after day 4.

TBird
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I just had my 6 week weigh in and I have lost 18 lbs! I have gone down in size for my shirts, my pants I just wear yoga's everywhere! They are starting to be a bit baggy. I tried on some jeggings and am down 1 size. I'm hoping my large thighs will start to shrink soon! I have lost 5 inches in my hips and 7 in my waist. My doctor-who doesn't seem to remember much noticed that I have lost weight! What a great feeling for someone who you don't see often and you are sure they don't pay much attention to you notices! I am so excited for the next little while, my 40th is Feb 29 and I am determined to by pass my goal!! 22 to go!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

JellyMae87
01-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Thank you!! Its amazing on how many times these always comes up! I gave up chiming in!!

Just a question, how come the regular Mrs dash is ok if it contains carrot, orange peel, tomato...i know its not carrot sugar but the rest is ok? Just want to make sure i don't use more things that i shouldn't.

I would think that it would because those ingredients are so miniscule.

Danni1
01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
So I have a question regarding travelling while on the IP program. I am going on vacation in March, travelling from Canada to the United States. I'm wondering if anyone knows of travel restrictions when it comes to the IP product. I just don't want to get to customs and have my stuff taken away or open my suitcase and find it gone.

I was also wondering if anyone has brought different not IP product back from the US into Canada. I can't see it being an issue since we can buy a lot online, but I'm flying and am not sure what restrictions might exist. I will be putting a call into US customs but thought I would ask here as well, just to see if anyone has any experience with this.

Chuckles1330
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Chuckles1330 - Welcome to IP! I'm so excited for you ! I know you can do it, even with the challenge of a date. I started IP one week before Thanksgiving, and I didn't cheat at all on that national day of eating crap.

Massconfusion - Congratulations on the loss! That's AMAZING! Keep up the good work!

Thanks FoolishHeart - it is good to see someone else from the area on this forum. I can't believe how keyed up I am about starting this program - I used to jump out of airplanes for fun, and it seems odd that the prospect of starting this plan is making me nervous. Hoping that just prompts me to stick to it and stay with the plan. :)

stmpspaz
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I really enjoyed my turnip fries and last week I made them into hashbrowns, but didn't let them get all the way brown. I was quite disappointed this week when my coach looked at my food journal and told me that it should read "Turnip Green" and that since turnips are a root vegetable, they aren't allowed. Has anyone else been told this? I liked them a lot and would like to keep eating them once in awhile.

Oh no, I *just* came home from store where I purchased my very first turnip to try this!! I am only on day 3 of IP and want to be sure I keep variety. So ... yes, or no??

DanafromAustin
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I found this online today...

"Researchers from Sheffield University in England found that sticking with something for five weeks is more likely to turn it into a habit, a lifestyle change." "During the 5-week period, there seems to be a shift from initial voluntary control to repeated habitual behavior," says Christopher J. Armitage, Ph.D., the lead author. "

This is why you don't cheat. The longer you can stick with something, in this case IP, the easier it gets over time. I've been on IP now for just about 4 months and I've never cheated for a variety of reasons, and staying on plan seems to get easier as time goes bye. Not that I wouldn't LOVE pizza again, but I find the longer I'm OP the more natural it becomes.

Hang in there everyone - one pound at a time.

TBird
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Turnip IS allowed.

DanafromAustin
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM

My sheet just says turnips. I'll have to check what my coach says. I will say though as much as I love turnip fries, I always retain some water when I eat them. Of course it's gone the next day so no big deal. I just make sure I don't eat them the night before my WI. ;)

4kiddos
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Was this the choc drink packet or the choc pancake. The first thread showed pancake and now you say drink. Just making sure. Thanks!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-13-2012, 04:52 PM
It's not even Monday yet and I think I've already started losing inches, at least 1.5 inches. That's crazy! Anyway, I went shopping at Wegmans with my aunt today and it was sooo difficult not giving in to all the delicious foods they had. It smelled like pizza and there was cheese EVERYWHERE. I ended up having one of their 6 dollar meals for my breakfast (veggies and some grilled chicken). We're making waffles for dinner and I'm not sure what is going to be for my "lunch", especially since we were out shopping for hours.

Overall, I am determined to stick to this plan as closely as possible. In about seven months this will be over and done with. x3

stmpspaz
01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Just had my first IP package sad face - the soy patty. It wasn't awful, but not great either. I tried to search for recipes and/or ideas - but the search says the word "soy" is too small. So, I would love ideas if you have them.

lisak21629
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Is it normal to have a headache on te first day? I thought i had a few more days till this :?:

leganegan
01-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Okay....here it goes, here are my photos from July through New Years...

Linden
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
It's not even Monday yet and I think I've already started losing inches, at least 1.5 inches. That's crazy! Anyway, I went shopping at Wegmans with my aunt today and it was sooo difficult not giving in to all the delicious foods they had. It smelled like pizza and there was cheese EVERYWHERE. I ended up having one of their 6 dollar meals for my breakfast (veggies and some grilled chicken). We're making waffles for dinner and I'm not sure what is going to be for my "lunch", especially since we were out shopping for hours.

Overall, I am determined to stick to this plan as closely as possible. In about seven months this will be over and done with. x3

If you're stuck for protein, keep a supply of canned light tuna in water on hand. Check out the best you've got available and check out World Health's (WH) evaluation of the value of tuna.

I really sympathize with you about the cheese. Good grocery store here have CASES of it as well as long deli speciality counters. And things that, in another life, I would have loved to have been able to get. Today raclette, at about $3 a pound, to make fondue. Sigh.

4kiddos
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I found this online today...

"Researchers from Sheffield University in England found that sticking with something for five weeks is more likely to turn it into a habit, a lifestyle change." "During the 5-week period, there seems to be a shift from initial voluntary control to repeated habitual behavior," says Christopher J. Armitage, Ph.D., the lead author. "

This is why you don't cheat. The longer you can stick with something, in this case IP, the easier it gets over time. I've been on IP now for just about 4 months and I've never cheated for a variety of reasons, and staying on plan seems to get easier as time goes bye. Not that I wouldn't LOVE pizza again, but I find the longer I'm OP the more natural it becomes.

Hang in there everyone - one pound at a time.

Taco Pizza from 2Riderrollercoast
Crust - mix one IP Crepe packet with 1/4 tsp baking soda and add water to a thick dough. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. Flip over and cover with WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Then add filling
Filling
brown hamburger(chicken or turkey works good too)
add 1/4 cup of celery chopped and 1/4 cup onions to browned meat
add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chipotle spice, 1 tsp onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water is gone.
Put filling on top of dough, add sliced mushrooms, chopped cilantro, diced red peppers.
Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350f then put under broiler approx 5 min.

~This way you can still have pizza ;) Can't wait to try this.

Linden
01-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Tiny pictures; tiny you. Smoking!

Ishbel
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM

You look fantastic leganegan! :D

Giniwarrior
01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Well, finally had to buy new pants mine were literally falling off. I just went and bought some kmart jeans so not much money. I wanted to wait till I hit goal to buy pants but cant be dropping my pants in the grocery store:) Tried the waffles yesterday with just a sprinkle of cinnamon and spenda and yuuummmyyy.

salmongirl
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Well today is my first day and I am glad that I am doing this. A little worried as I have failed at diets before. I would like to loose 120 pounds total so I have a long way to go. I will be talking to you all, wish me luck!
:carrot:

janniegoingdown
01-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Well today is my first day and I am glad that I am doing this. A little worried as I have failed at diets before. I would like to loose 120 pounds total so I have a long way to go. I will be talking to you all, wish me luck!

I just started 2 wks ago. Great program, very easy to stick to. I wish you luck. :wave: Lots of info on here!

JellyMae87
01-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, finally had to buy new pants mine were literally falling off. I just went and bought some kmart jeans so not much money. I wanted to wait till I hit goal to buy pants but cant be dropping my pants in the grocery store:) Tried the waffles yesterday with just a sprinkle of cinnamon and spenda and yuuummmyyy.

Which pudding mix did you use?

Renewing Myself
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I am on day 2 and actually feel pretty good, better than I thought I would feel. I haven't had any headaches or nausea, just a bit light headed.

I had the omelet for lunch today and is was pretty good, for sure something I could eat once or twice a week. Tonight I think I will make a meatloaf and have rutabaga as my veggies. I have gone through some of the recipes and need to start some meal planning instead of winging it, maybe this weekend I will get time to organize.

Congrats to all the have had losses this week! :carrot:

cassandrap
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
On week 6 and I've lost 16 lbs! I've cheated a few times lately, but i got a great pep talk from my coach explaining how that will mess me up in the long run. So I'm back OP and excited to see how fast I can lose the next 16. :)

Magicpinecone
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Congratulations on all of the wonderful weigh in's. Mrs. Murphy don't leave, personally I could care less whether someone is using the IP or Alternatives. I'm in a cash crunch this month and may buy alternatives to get me through the next month. Getting married in Dec., 18 years ago, wasn't my brightest decision as it seems as though insurance, Christmas, Anniversary and Birthday's all fall in the months of Dec. and Jan. I'm so ready for Feb. I honestly feel that I've made it this far into IP simply because I could come to this board and read about other peoples successes and when I have a bad day it is always nice to know that other people are experiencing the same thing I am. I've only dieted one other time in my life and I'm currently within 10 pounds of hitting my plateau. I was stick thin before I got married and would love to at least be only 20 lbs heavier. I don't think I ever want to be 115 lbs again. I was just to skinny for my frame size. I actucally prefer being around 125-130 but haven't been that size since my second child was born 15 year's ago.
Now on to my weigh in. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. My lowest weight to date. I did loose 5 inches so I'm not stressing over it. I'm hoping I'll have a bigger lose next week. However, I was really comfortable at 150 for many years so I fully expect for it to take a little while to get out of this decade. My main goal is to be in maintenance before my youngest daughter's birthday in late April.

4kiddos
01-13-2012, 06:27 PM

This is a public site where everyone is welcome and entitled to their opinion and they have the freedom to do whatever works for them! There are several people on the boards doing alternatives and so be it. I am not judging you because you are using alternatives just like you aren't judging me for using straight IP. This is supposed to be a place where we can all come together and support one another through their journey. So I support you and I happy that you have decided to change your life for you! I enjoy seeing you on the daily chats every day and hope to continue to see you and your continued success. :hug:

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
I see that you use Crystal Light. What flavors do you use? I couldn't find any flavors that didn't have aspertame in them and would really like to be able to find a flavor that didn't have it.
thanks!

Well this is embarrassing... I don't drink Crystal Light because it makes my uhm uh uhm wee wee hurt. EEK I said it TMI SORRY! But I have read that a number of coaches say their IPers can have 1-2 servings daily. So many coaches and so many different rules pervade this site and we all decided a long time ago that each of us needs to listen to our own coach. The Mio makes me gain weight which is crazy but true... so I don't drink IT anymore either.

lindac36
01-13-2012, 07:06 PM
going in search of the turnip/rutabaga chip recipe. Good Luck to everyone on the weekend

Junetwin11
01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanx everyone :)

DanafromAustin
01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Is it normal to have a headache on te first day? I thought i had a few more days till this :?:

I remember getting a major headache the first night. Anything goes the first 3 to 4 days.

Welcome. I want to loose about 130 and I've lost over 50 since mid Sept., so the time does go by pretty fast. This has been my most successful diet to date, and I've tried just about all of them. Good luck!

thin4me
01-13-2012, 07:22 PM
So I have a question regarding travelling while on the IP program. I am going on vacation in March, travelling from Canada to the United States. I'm wondering if anyone knows of travel restrictions when it comes to the IP product. I just don't want to get to customs and have my stuff taken away or open my suitcase and find it gone.

I went from Edmonton to Florida last month and had no problem bringing some IP products in my carry on bag and the rest in my checked baggage. I did not bother with the pre-made drinks though.

I bought 3 bottles of mio at walmart in Florida and bought 2 bottles of the becel spray on butter - unfortunately I forgot the butter in my cousin's fridge :(
Guess that's another excuse to go back!

Shem7412
01-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Thanks for another day of inspiring words, receipes to try! Congratz too all who had WI success :carrot:

Going to go shopping for some new veggies tonight .. kind of tired of brocolli and cauliflower! LOL time to try some turnip fries I think :D

Brandie

uolecrab
01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi All, Just wanted to let you know I contacted Adiago Teas where I buy fruit flavored teas which taste when you add a little stevia like having a dessert. I love them but I was concerned about any sugar content and this is what they wrote:

Thank you for your message. There is no added sugars in our tea flavors. The calories are minimal from any fruit pieces included because they are not consumed (perhaps 1 calorie per cup, if that).

Please visit us again soon, and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
They have really yummy teas.

omgzitsmiranda
01-13-2012, 07:56 PM
You guys, i'm pretty sure i've accidentally sabotaged myself :( I was SO sure I checked my gum to make sure it was sugar free AND had no aspartame in it........... IT DOES. So i'm basically screwed right? I still haven't went off plan since I found out, but I'm so so sad and mad at myself.

wuv2bloved
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
You guys, i'm pretty sure i've accidentally sabotaged myself :( I was SO sure I checked my gum to make sure it was sugar free AND had no aspartame in it........... IT DOES. So i'm basically screwed right? I still haven't went off plan since I found out, but I'm so so sad and mad at myself.

Miranda, its ONE piece of gum....stop freaking out. Yall are making this soooooooo much more complicated than what it is!!...lol

omgzitsmiranda
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Miranda, its ONE piece of gum....stop freaking out. Yall are making this soooooooo much more complicated than what it is!!...lol

No, i've had multiple over the week. I thought THAT was the problem lol. I didn't think we could have any of aspartame, but some of other things. :/ I wasn't trying to over react, I just really don't wanna have to start all over lol.

omgzitsmiranda
01-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I bought some ketostix earlier and I just took one and it said I was on the higher end of the spectrum. Is that good or bad?

Paint Lady
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Soy packet, for somebody who asked.... Make the patty as directed, you can add some WF dressing to it to hold it together, season it up with IP acceptable taco seasoning spices, brown it like ground meat. Serve it up taco salad style with your favorite vegetables added in. I thought the patty had a black bean type flavor, which is acceptable in taco salad, but not much else I found.

I never drank Crystal Light or Mio, but my original paperwork said lemon crystal light was ok to have. I'm addicted to coffee, had to adjust to drinking it with just splenda, but never could tolerate the artificial taste of crystal light or Mio.

My advice to everyone is to just calm down, take a deep breath, relax, and let this diet do its magic. If you ate something that wasn't OP and it was accidental, Oh well! Stop eating it and move on. No sense in dwelling on it.

"Stay OP my friends", said in the most interesting man in the world voice. "I don't always diet, but when I do, I prefer Ideal Protein."

abuck
01-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I bought some ketostix earlier and I just took one and it said I was on the higher end of the spectrum. Is that good or bad?

It is good. At first it will read the darker colors but will fade to the trace to light later. When I first tested mine I kinda freaked out b/c on day #4 it showed the darkest color and I had heard here that it meant that I was more than likely dehydrated. Then I realized that I had been drinking about 3 1/2 L of water per day and just was happy it was showing:lol: It should be easier from now on out!

For some reason I have been craving things yesterday and today. Someday not so far away, right?

Lorilou
01-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello! I know this question has been asked, and answered, a million times but what laxatives are we allowed to take? I did search through the site and didn't get a good answer so I am reaching out to the group. Thanks :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
It is good. At first it will read the darker colors but will fade to the trace to light later. When I first tested mine I kinda freaked out b/c on day #4 it showed the darkest color and I had heard here that it meant that I was more than likely dehydrated. Then I realized that I had been drinking about 3 1/2 L of water per day and just was happy it was showing:lol: It should be easier from now on out!

For some reason I have been craving things yesterday and today. Someday not so far away, right?

Okay! Thank goodness. I was reading that I was "possibly" dehydrated and I was like "AFTER 4 LITERS OF WATER? REALLY?!" LOL. So that's good to know :) SOOO happy to be in it! Let the burning begin! muahahah.

I'm still hungry lol. Must just be a me thing haha.

tsmoore71
01-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I just started IP and today is my first day. My coworkers have been doing it for awhile. I'm really excited. I'm just worried about how I'm going to feel over the next few days. Since I heard it can make you feel like you are coming down with flu.

This is a journey that I'm finally ready to finish! Losing the weight and learning to eat healthier at the end of the journey.

Gardengurl71
01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone :) have a fabulous OP weekend...keep on keepin'on!!!!!

newmom7611
01-13-2012, 09:29 PM
All I wanna say is--- man I love this diet!!! It's so wonderful to hear "wow you look great!!" in any variation. Especially after feeling like a frumpy new mom (at age 23). I have really gained back ALOT of confidence :) thanks IP!!

Danni1
01-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I went from Edmonton to Florida last month and had no problem bringing some IP products in my carry on bag and the rest in my checked baggage. I did not bother with the pre-made drinks though.

I bought 3 bottles of mio at walmart in Florida and bought 2 bottles of the becel spray on butter - unfortunately I forgot the butter in my cousin's fridge :(
Guess that's another excuse to go back!

Thank you so much for the feedback! Seemed like a silly thing to worry about but it would really suck if it was taken away from me at customs.

mrsmurphy
01-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone week two almost down!! woohoo.

I didn't mean anyone personally, I didn't even remember who was saying what yesterday. I just remembering feeling like "oh no, am I posting in the wrong daily chat?" haha. So, no offense to anyone, I guess i got confused for a little bit!

Please, I enjoy this board too much to not lurk everyday or post!

BTW Now i am only on week two, but I went into work today and about three people at three different times during the day said, "WOW YOU LOOK FABULOUS, You can tell your losing weight ALREADY." Those are the reactions i am getting in WEEK TWO! i thought, my gosh HOW BIG WAS I?!? LOL. I also though "He** yeahhhhhhhh" and more motivated than ever.

My friends mom said to me last night, "Daniella there is a glow about you, you look wonderful." She also said, "i see it in you this time, I see that this is when your gonna LOSE IT ALL" She herself lost about 100 pounds about 7 or 8 years ago and kept it off. She said, "when someone tells me they are on a diet, I can always tell when their motivated enough to do it. She said, I see it in you this time, this is gonna be your time.

It felt so good to hear that. Her and my friend are so motivating. I love friends like that. It was great motivation and insightful.

I love this diet, I am excited to wake up in the mornings to have an energy filled day. I spend my nights looking up different recipes for ways to cook vegetables, chicken and meats. I started getting creative. It makes me wake up earlier to get my lunch together. It has helped me do more than just get healthy it has changed my lifestyle and habits. I feel overwhelmed today with excitement and joy in my life knowing and believing that I CAN DO THIS!! Thank you to everyone who continues to be supportive!! Your all so amazing!

Marcella
01-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that today was my first weigh in and I am very proud to say that after staying truthfully on this programme faithfully 150% I lost.......6 lbs.....and......19" !!!! I didn't even want to believe it. Well the lbs I kind of figured because I weighed myself at home but the inches??? I kept saying it's impossible, something is wrong. LOL She said NO look at you, you are not bloated anymore. Like holy cow I lost everywhere!! I am ready to go buy at least 30 or 40 zucchini for the week. LOL I'm in love with them all of a sudden. hahahaha Thanks to all of you because honestly there were times this first week I so wanted that piece of bread but coming here helped me to that bowl of jello instead. LOL Thanks guys I appreciate you more than you know. God Bless.

Beanie Mommy
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
What a great thread! I'll be sure to check it out everyday :)
I find myself even more motivated seeing that I am not alone in this. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here!
Have a great weekend and stay on track!

alaskastarr
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm too far away...I never get on here until late :( I just wanted to post that we had our WI#1 and I'm down 8 pounds!!! I'm sooo excited!!! and my hubby was down 10 pounds!!! It's so good to have him see success (and me too) because it means he will stick with it and that will help me continue on this journey to my goal :D

patns
01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I find the same thing with being in such a late time zone. You are not so far away from here!

Congrats on such a fantastic start to the program.

Pat

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm too far away...I never get on here until late :( I just wanted to post that we had our WI#1 and I'm down 8 pounds!!! I'm sooo excited!!! and my hubby was down 10 pounds!!! It's so good to have him see success (and me too) because it means he will stick with it and that will help me continue on this journey to my goal :D

YAHOO! Congratulations! Smiling and so happy for you!

grassfedbeef
01-13-2012, 10:33 PM
German Coleslaw

I see at least one person asked for the recipe, so here it is. I got it many years ago from my great Aunt. The original calls for sugar, but I substituted Splenda and it was great. It reminds me of my favorite Chinese Chicken Salad with ramen noodles that I used to make prior to IP.

8 cups cabbage (shredded or chopped)
1/3 cup chopped or sliced onion or I prefer to use green onion

Dressing

3 TBSP Splenda dissolve/mix with 3 TBSP hot water
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar (I prefer a bit more)
1/4 c. Olive Oil (I use a little less)
1/2 tsp (or less) sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix the dressing together and pour over the cabbage. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating. Yummy!

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 10:39 PM

Honey with your success rate I wouldn't be worried! Smile. I also use dehydrated onion flakes in my cooking with no problem. I'm guessing the same is true of the regular Mrs. Dash... but put the word "sugar" in there, and I'm not going near it! I hope that is correct. :^:

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-13-2012, 10:39 PM

I feel the same way! I definitely like crackers with my soups. I'm making do without them but it sure would be nice. Funny the little things you miss. I know I took crackers and cheese and toast for granted. I'm hoping the more I lose though the less I'll miss them...

grassfedbeef
01-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I see some talk about ketostix. Where do you get them? Thanks.

alaskastarr
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM

Awww that's a great compliment :hug: The thing I noticed when I was a bit bigger was that I hadn't realized was I had kind of a hands off aura I guess you could say...my husband felt it, but I didn't know I was giving off those types of vibes...kept him away, do you know what I mean? As I lost weight he became more affectionate because I think I became more approachable with myself (this is of course myself...I can't say how you were because I haven't been around you ;) )

Congrats for the NSV though I think it's wonderful!

gs463
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I had my first WI today and was down 4 lbs and 8 inches. I'm pretty satisfied with my first weeks results. I have been very fortunate that I have only had a couple minor head aches. My first day of week two starts tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress.

alaskastarr
01-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Congrats to you all for those outstanding losses. My restart was only Wed but always weigh in on Fridays sooooo.... YAY I'm back in the 100s! I'm so happy and very psyched to push on toward goal.

The Shrimp with Lobster Sauce was great last night SOOOOO FULL! I experimented with Miracle Rice. Boiled 1 bag in 2 cups Chick Broth with 1 tsp fine chopped ginger. About 1 minute before all the broth had boiled down I threw in one chopped scallion. It was really good. I still look forward to trying the recipe on yesterday's thread I was just too tired to go there. Visiting elderly momma 2-3 hours each day in nursing rehab is taking a toll. Driving time 1 hour added to that almost finishes me. Bless her heart though, she is 94 with a broken ankle. I have no room to whine. So dinner was a joyful respite. :)

Congrats on getting to the 100's again!!! That is in itself an exciting thing! :high: I did the same this week with my first weigh in...kudos to you!

newmom7611
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Alaska- I definitely know what you mean. I agree 100% this confidence is so new to me.. I slipped on a pair of jeans that I found buried in my closet -- a pair I haven't worn since high school in my cheerleading days and do I dare say it?? I felt kinda sexy in them. They hugged me in all the right places. I showed my fiancé and he stood up gave me a hug and a pinch ;) haha this is great!! More please. :)

lindac36
01-13-2012, 11:58 PM
I have been on plan for 11 days now, and never really craved anything until tonight. We made burgers, and the Velveeta Cheese called me, then the avocados called me by name and then the toasted garlic buns...what is up with that. They are all probably mad at me now since I turned them all down. Yea for me. Does that count as a NSV? Sure felt like one.

alaskastarr
01-14-2012, 12:03 AM
My hubby just made the big mac salad and it was yummy...I don't normally eat that (when we would stop there) because I hate the way their meat tastes, but omgosh this was out of this world! Thank you to who ever had the idea to make this recipe up!!! I'm full and will munch on my celery as a snack tonight for crunch :) And more water..water...water...I'm sooo water logged ;) hehehehe

DanafromAustin
01-14-2012, 12:05 AM
]I just started IP and today is my first day. My coworkers have been doing it for awhile. I'm really excited. I'm just worried about how I'm going to feel over the next few days. Since I heard it can make you feel like you are coming down with flu.
:

You're smart to start on a Friday. I did the same thing. I felt so bad on day 2 and 3 I was beyond grateful that it was the weekend and I had no plans.

alaskastarr
01-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I have been on plan for 11 days now, and never really craved anything until tonight. We made burgers, and the Velveeta Cheese called me, then the avocados called me by name and then the toasted garlic buns...what is up with that. They are all probably mad at me now since I turned them all down. Yea for me. Does that count as a NSV? Sure felt like one.

I say it's definitely an NSV!!! :D My hubby wants pizza so badly or crackers...he is going to try the IP Flatbread recipe as soon as he can get the crepe packets. WTG though resisting!

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 12:29 AM
I say it's definitely an NSV!!! :D My hubby wants pizza so badly or crackers...he is going to try the IP Flatbread recipe as soon as he can get the crepe packets. WTG though resisting!

Egg-Crusted Pizza with Cauliflower
Rating: No votes
Ingredients description
Crust:
1 Egg
1/4 cup Egg whites
1/2 cup Cooked riced cauliflower
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of onion powder
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of pepper
Toppings:
1/4 c No-carb Marinara or Alfredo sauce
1 oz Low-fat/soy mozzarella
2.5 oz Chicken
1/4 cup Mushroom
1/8 cup Red, orange, yellow or green pepper
Preparation
Put skillet on stovetop and heat on medium. Add 1/2 tsp olive, grapeseed or coconut oil. Whisk together egg & egg whites until frothy. Add seasonings of choice into egg mixture; add cauliflower & pour into heated pan. Cover and let cook for appox. 3-1/2 minutes. Flip out on to plate and return to skillet and cover to cook other side for approx 1-1/2 mins.

mrsmurphy
01-14-2012, 12:36 AM

I"m on day 12 and I get cravings too! Only for somethings.. like today my coworker had a cheese danish cake type thing and I wanted to eat that and the BOX! lol. Instead, I ate a pickle. LOL But, it was exciting knowing I could resist the temptation. I just remind myself that I just can't have those kinds of food right now. Maybe in the future I can have a piece but just not right now. It helps!

MaMaZu
01-14-2012, 12:40 AM
My first weigh-in tonight and soooo excited, down 7.7 pounds! A group of 4 of us are doing this together and had a first week total of 30 pounds! We shared an awesome meal together starting with Mock Mojitos, Zucchini Hummus and then an Asian Chicken Soup. Thanks everyone for all the inspiration!

Shemsham
01-14-2012, 12:46 AM
1st weigh in successful - down 6.6 pounds in 6 days. I got all kinds of new food to (my coach let's us get singles to try) -- bring on week 2!!

~ Tammy

wuv2bloved
01-14-2012, 12:47 AM
My first weigh-in tonight and soooo excited, down 7.7 pounds! A group of 4 of us are doing this together and had a first week total of 30 pounds! We shared an awesome meal together starting with Mock Mojitos, Zucchini Hummus and then an Asian Chicken Soup. Thanks everyone for all the inspiration!

Congrats, great numbers that is for sure!

stmpspaz
01-14-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm so mad at myself!! I wasn't prepared to stay for the games after my son's basketball game - and I drank water and water and water until I just couldn't stand it I was so hungry and my husband walked up with POPCORN! UGH - I only ate about 3/4 of a cup, but I was doing so well today. I know it isn't the end (I'm only on day 3 LOL) but I was so hungry!!

:( for me today - will get back in the groove tomorrow.

Patti

lkp888
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
This recipe was done by mistake first of all if you read the daily chat for 1-11, page 2.
I originally added just under 2oz of water to a package of chocolate drink mix (thinking it was a choc pancake mix). Mixed it up, sprayed two muffin cups with Pam spray, poured batter in evenly and baked in preheated oven for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. When I took it out the inside was nice and gooey and reminded me of a truffle! They came out of the pan just great. I mentioned my faux paux on the boards and SomedayBubblySomeday was going to try it and added additional goodness to the recipe as follows: 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 stevia packets. She then put them in three foil muffin cups at 350 degrees for 7 minutes and says they remind her of chocolate lava brownies!

It is only a chocolate drink packet so I see no reason why you can't have these nice little treats. Enjoy!

Thank you doublebaby for making this mistake on this recipe....I made it tonight and it's soooo yummy!! If you are missing your chocolate craving you will definitely get it having this. I drizzled abit of WF carmel sauce on it and I thought about it after but I could of put a little of WF Marshmellow Creme on it as well. If any of you haven't tried this yet, you should definitely give it a try, it's worth it...Thanks again doublebaby!!!! :)

kiki4me
01-14-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm on my 3rd week and just made it through 3 days of prednisone. Was so starved! Feel bad that I increased my IP packets to 5 instead of 3....maybe I didn't practice enough self-control? But can't believe after not being hungry on IP...that this med made me so hungry! Can't wait to be off of it. I've had walking pneumoni and it really got the best of me but I'm still OP (or does it not count with the increase of packets?)! Yipee - at least I didn't eat stuff I wasn't supposed to....

JellyMae87
01-14-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm on my 3rd week and just made it through 3 days of prednisone. Was so starved! Feel bad that I increased my IP packets to 5 instead of 3....maybe I didn't practice enough self-control? But can't believe after not being hungry on IP...that this med made me so hungry! Can't wait to be off of it. I've had walking pneumoni and it really got the best of me but I'm still OP (or does it not count with the increase of packets?)! Yipee - at least I didn't eat stuff I wasn't supposed to....

Predisone will do that to you... Just remember that a packet is always better than cheating... Hang in there. Drink alotta water. Your body is gonna retain like crazy!