Ideal Protein Diet - Heartburn :flame:

View Full Version : Heartburn :flame:

tammycorkum
01-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Please help, I have terrible heartburn........does anyone know what i can take for it? Normally I would eat crackers and would be good.

deblosingit
01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
I heard on Dr. Oz that you can mix a tsp of baking soda with water and that is supposed to neutralize the acid.

sekc14
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Please help, I have terrible heartburn........does anyone know what i can take for it? Normally I would eat crackers and would be good.

Are you taking your Magnesium and Calcium supplements? Those are the active ingredients in TUMS antacid tablets.
http://heartburn.about.com/od/antacid1/a/tums_antacid.htm

Linden
01-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Generally speaking, symptoms of heartburn and reflux disappear with this program so I'm wondering if you're having a reaction to something? The omega 3? Are you taking your supplements AFTER food? And, honestly, heartburn, or what seems like it, can be a symptom of some other things. If this goes on for several hours, call your doctor, OK? :hug:

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
It's definitely the anti-oxy supplements that give me heartburn, so I started taking them with the cal-mag yesterday and it helped.

galpal445
01-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I agree with Linden. Eat and then take your supplements. I too have problems with acid if I don't make sure to eat before I take any of my pills. If that doesn't solve your problem or if it continues for more than a day be sure to contact your physician. There could be something more severe happening and we want you to be safe.

Ishbel
01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
The potassium can really bug you too, I know people who take there's at supper vice in the morning with a breakfast shake.