Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/12/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/12/12

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Traceym
01-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Good Morning everyone! Today is day 4 for me, I slept good last night but woke up way too early this morning. I don't feel tired though. I hear about people having a lot of energy on the diet, I am looking forward to that, but I hope 5 am is not my new wake up time : 0
I hope you all have a great OP day!

bay316
01-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Have a weigh in today, #4 I think. According to my scaled should be down about 6 lbs. Fingers crossed!!!

FoolishHeart
01-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Good morning Wuv, thank you for starting today's chat!

I'm up early today too, and haven't been sleeping well the past few nights. Not sure why but I feel ok so maybe I just don't need as much sleep as I used to.

Bay316, congratulations on your loss! I hope your coach's scale is very kind to you!

Have a wonderful OP day everyone!

mamacitaof2
01-12-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm up every morning at 4am. Crazy I know, but I do it for my kids! I got to work at 5am, so I'm done by the time school is over. Best decision I ever made...even if I do feel like going crazy some days! Still allows me to work AND be home after school to help with homework. (They start homework in 2nd grade now!)

I don't weigh in and measure until tomorrow and am excited to see what results I have! Good Luck to everyone with weigh in's today and have a great OP day!

2sweetpeas
01-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning!! Today is my first weigh in. I am so excited, but nervous at the same time. I feel great and hope that this will be a modivating day for me!! Have a good one!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-12-2012, 08:56 AM
OMGosh-another learning curve! Could it be a a a a Truffle Muffin?

OMG is right!!! I hope you are reading this, doublebaby, because I tried your recipe last night and it was the BEST thing I've had for dessert/snack since I started! I can't thank you enough for posting it on here. I added 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 stevia packets and put them in 3 foil muffin cups at 350 for 7 minutes. They were still a little uncooked in the middle, but it was like a chocolate lava brownie! WOW! I am going to have these every night. Thank you!!

JudoGirl
01-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Good Morning...everyone...I work up feeling great and inspired...

Well I heard the latest...Eva Longoria said she uses baby oil everytime she gets out of the shower to keep her skin soft..Well let me tell you I went to the store and got myself and a friend some baby oil and this morning I feel silky smooth....

Well I'm already on the hunt for that perfect bathing suit..this year for me its going to be bright red...and I am picking out a few beach front areas I want to visit this year...its going to be fun in the sun...I love living thinner...
Happy Day
:beach::beach::beach::beach::beach:
:beach::beach::beach::beach::beach:
:beach::beach::beach::dust:

uolecrab
01-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Day 4 on the diet and all seems to be going well. I'm still full of questions that I have to be coming back to see answers but this is a great site.
My new discovery is Soooo Sweet Stevia which is carb and calorie free and I found it at JOB LOT for $2.50 for 75 packets and it sells on the web almost everywhere for $9.99.
Thanks Everyone for all the help and motivation

galpal445
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning!

I had my weigh-in yesterday. I go every 3 weeks. I lost 10.8 pounds which is 3.6 pounds each week...yipee!!! That is a fantastic amount to be losing each week and I am really happy with it. This diet is great!
:carrot:

marie montreal
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Have a weigh in today, #4 I think. According to my scaled should be down about 6 lbs. Fingers crossed!!!

Congrats! Keep us posted!:carrot:

marie montreal
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 5 for me! Going well, have not cheated at all! My weigh in is in 2 days, getting really nervous, I have resisted getting on my scale for fear of being disappointed. Still motivated which is good, because usually by day 5 I start having a hard time. First decent night sleep last night, but me too I was up early didn't seem to need as much sleep. Wish me luck, I have a long way to go.

sandralosingweight
01-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 5 for me! Going well, have not cheated at all! My weigh in is in 2 days, getting really nervous, I have resisted getting on my scale for fear of being disappointed. Still motivated which is good, because usually by day 5 I start having a hard time. First decent night sleep last night, but me too I was up early didn't seem to need as much sleep. Wish me luck, I have a long way to go.

Hello Marie,

Just wanted to let you know that I live in Montreal too, actually in Laval, but work in Montreal :) Happy to see someone local :)

Ishbel
01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Good Morning...everyone...I work up feeling great and inspired...

Well I heard the latest...Eva Longoria said she uses baby oil everytime she gets out of the shower to keep her skin soft..Well let me tell you I went to the store and got myself and a friend some baby oil and this morning I feel silky smooth....

Well I'm already on the hunt for that perfect bathing suit..this year for me its going to be bright red...and I am picking out a few beach front areas I want to visit this year...its going to be fun in the sun...I love living thinner...
Happy Day

I've used baby oil in the past, hate how much you have to clean your tub when you use it LOL...if you put it on in the tub at least. :) I also am looking forward to buying a swimming suit this year, I've scoped out a few places and tried on a few board shorts. I had no problem being in a swimming suit when I was fluffy...lol...I didn't really like it but I wore one because I like to swim and be on a beach and if someone didn't like how I looked, well that was their problem! :D But this is definately a different feeling as I don't have to order the suit online and 'hope it fits properly'...I just have to go into the stores and that day I'll walk out with one! WOOT WOOT! :)

So today, I get to say hello to my liiittttle friend 189! I don't REMEMBER the last time I was 189...past a little mini goal of being able to say "only 25 lbs to go" so now it's "only 24 lbs to go". I think my new mini goal will be "only 19 lbs to go"...so that I can be in the 'less then 20 bracket!'.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

lisa07
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I just completed my first week yesterday. I'm down 8 llbs and 5 inches!!! I have 70 pounds to go <3. I felt horrible for 5 days but now I feel great. I tried the big mac in a bowl recipe and yumma!! I used ground turkey and I didnt have Walden Farms thousand island dressing so I used their creamy bacon. Thank you for all the fun recipes on this site.

sandralosingweight
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I've used baby oil in the past, hate how much you have to clean your tub when you use it LOL...if you put it on in the tub at least. :) I also am looking forward to buying a swimming suit this year, I've scoped out a few places and tried on a few board shorts. I had no problem being in a swimming suit when I was fluffy...lol...I didn't really like it but I wore one because I like to swim and be on a beach and if someone didn't like how I looked, well that was their problem! :D But this is definately a different feeling as I don't have to order the suit online and 'hope it fits properly'...I just have to go into the stores and that day I'll walk out with one! WOOT WOOT! :)

So today, I get to say hello to my liiittttle friend 189! I don't REMEMBER the last time I was 189...past a little mini goal of being able to say "only 25 lbs to go" so now it's "only 24 lbs to go". I think my new mini goal will be "only 19 lbs to go"...so that I can be in the 'less then 20 bracket!'.

WOW ! from 305 to 189, that is AMAAAAAAAAAAZING! you go girl! all I can say is kudo to you!

By the way, last night I did an aqua fitness class and I loved it, the thing is with my minus 50 pounds now, my bathing suit isn't quit a good fit on me ! It doesn't hold ''the girls'' as it is supposed to. I have two swimsuits that are good quality suits, one is Speedo and the other is Nike, the Speedo one is kind of OK, but the Nike one is so loose on me now! God! I can't even imagine how huge I was! Too bad, that is a very expensive kind of swimsuit that I got on specials for the fracture of the price and I do hope I will be lucky to find some kind of a good deal on a good bathing suit this time cause I really need it.

LadyDi2010
01-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Ive been swim suit shopping as well and having little luck! I need one as vacation is now 37 days away! I did order online from a sizing chart and let me tell you... my boobs look sad haha. Anyone know of a place you can buy different (maybe push up) cups to add to swim suits?

I am now only 3 % body fat away from being at goal! should be about 6 lbs to go! I make the phase 2 transition next week and i am feeling really nervous about it. I fear change!! :( But i can do this! I just need to remember that it is okay to be afraid, not okay to use it as an excuse.

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Boy do I feel like the ole momma always preaching' at the kids... Sorry girls and guys. Just gotta do it...

HUNGRY? Drink some water (even boiled water hot enough for tea or coffee is a favorite of many). Dill Pickle- never underestimate the power of the dill pickle. It changes the food thoughts in your head satisfying the need for flavor and adds potassium to your innards which might be triggering a sense of hunger or even dizziness. I know this is waaaay back in the threads but a dill pickle even saved a man's life (friend of our family) after he'd been told by all docs that he only had a couple of hours left to live... He lived for many more years and frequently enjoyed the mystery of the dill pickle.

BTW- Eggplant used to be a very limited food. Has that changed?

I will have been on IP 1 year (off and on) at the end of this month. This is the only diet I've ever been on that was successful for me and I'd tried almost all of them. I just turned 60 and limp much less than I did 50 pounds ago.

Favorite lesson - I wouldn't make it very far in my day carrying a 12-15 pound bowling ball around with me as I dusted, scurried after the kids (I have 4), vacuumed, or cooked dinner. The loss of each 12-15 pounds is the throwing down of a bowling ball from my body. It is no wonder my limp has soooo lessened. LOL. It is no wonder that a trip to Walmart used to be daunting!:dizzy:

Katied61
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Had my first WI last night and was down 10.2lbs. So excited to keep going

Linden
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Boy do I feel like the ole momma always preaching' at the kids... Sorry girls and guys. Just gotta do it...

HUNGRY? Drink some water (even boiled water hot enough for tea or coffee is a favorite of many). Dill Pickle- never underestimate the power of the dill pickle. It changes the food thoughts in your head satisfying the need for flavor and adds potassium to your innards which might be triggering a sense of hunger or even dizziness. I know this is waaaay back in the threads but a dill pickle even saved a man's life (friend of our family) after he'd been told by all docs that he only had a couple of hours left to live... He lived for many more years and frequently enjoyed the mystery of the dill pickle.

BTW- Eggplant used to be a very limited food. Has that changed?

I will have been on IP 1 year (off and on) at the end of this month. This is the only diet I've ever been on that was successful for me and I'd tried almost all of them. I just turned 60 and limp much less than I did 50 pounds ago.

Favorite lesson - I wouldn't make it very far in my day carrying a 12-15 pound bowling ball around with me as I dusted, scurried after the kids (I have 4), vacuumed, or cooked dinner. The loss of each 12-15 pounds is the throwing down of a bowling ball from my body. It is no wonder my limp has soooo lessened. LOL. It is no wonder that a trip to Walmart used to be daunting!:dizzy:

Good show. I always enjoy your posts. I grew up in the foothills of the Laurel Mountains. Anywhere near there?

mamacitaof2
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Congratulations!:carrot:

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Weigh in today... In about an hour or so. Hoping to be "officially" in the 150s. TOM just ended (weird) hoping that I'm not retaining a bunch of water weight :/ we'll see. I'm staying positive :)

mamacitaof2
01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not shopping for swimming suits just yet. I did hold on to a few favorites and I still love them. I'm hoping to fit into them by summer!

Renewing Myself
01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I am finally on day 1!! I had been waiting for the information night as it was $50.00 off the sign up. I had a shake this morning and cut up my veggies for lunch. I need to spend some time later tonight cutting everything up so I have it ready and not having to do it daily. We are curling tonight so I am hoping that I will be feeling good - hopefullly no headache. My coach told me that during the first week it is okay to have an extra package if I feel I need it, so we will see how that goes.

Congrats to all the great losses it is amazing!

Trinique125
01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm finding this week to be extremely hard for some reason. Hungry and tired, headaches too. Didn't even get headaches during my first few weeks. This is week 7 for me.

Anyhow hope my WI on Saturday will be worth it! Sick of the food too.

Renewing Myself
01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Would someone please post the recipe for the Big Mac in a bowl, I looked through the recipes but didn't see it. Thanks!

mrsmurphy
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Congratulations on everyone's losses so far today :) It is always inspiring, even the smallest of losses!

I am over half-way through with week two and still going very strong! NSV - today I couldn't find big girl pants for work elastic waist band pants, I have them in like every color. Sad, i know! Anyways, So I bought a pair of black pants about 3 months ago and I wore them once and I was in soooooo much pain. They were SO tight. I threw them in the closet and never wanted to pick them up again. So, today, I got them out and they FIT!! Like perfectly. I measured and I lost 5 inches! Holy cow. I almost fell over... it is so motivating!! i can't wait for them to just FALL OFF and I have to go WARDROBE SHOPPING!! lol

EmilySebetka
01-12-2012, 12:03 PM
WHOO-HOO!!!:carrot: One week down, a lot more to go...but yay, I did it!

Anyway, my first WI was yesterday. My loses are:
3lbs
0.25in from chest
1.5in from waist :D
1.25in from hips
0.5in from arms
1in from thighs
1.4% fat
and approximately 1in from my calves.

I would have lost more lbs if I had been eating the salads like I'm supposed to. But the inches lost are more than worth it!:dance:

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Good show. I always enjoy your posts. I grew up in the foothills of the Laurel Mountains. Anywhere near there?

Well my mts. are sure closer than Germany. Smile... The Laurels are kind of in the southwest quadrant of the state while the Poconos are in the northeast quadrant. Probably about 4-5 hours drive... not too bad. Smile.

Linden
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Well my mts. are sure closer than Germany. Smile... The Laurels are kind of in the southwest quadrant of the state while the Poconos are in the northeast quadrant. Probably about 4-5 hours drive... not too bad. Smile.

Crumbs, if I could read! I thought it said west not east. :o

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
:

I use coconut oil before I towel off, love how smooth my skin is and the smell too. The only problem is since I started OP the coconut oil smell always reminds me of an Almond Joy Bar! ;)

I'm finding this week to be extremely hard for some reason. Hungry and tired, headaches too. Didn't even get headaches during my first few weeks. This is week 7 for me.

Anyhow hope my WI on Saturday will be worth it! Sick of the food too.

Sounds like its time to get creative with your meals. I know I can get in a slump sometimes myself. I was like that last week, but thankfully this week feels much better. Hang in there. :hug:

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Forgot to mention in my last post... A big congratulations to all those who have had such great WIs today. Very impressive numbers everyone!

I own only two pairs of pants since I've given away a ton of clothes. I don't work outside of the house, so I've been able to get away with one pair of jeans and a dressier pair of pants if I needed them. Life is very casual here in Austin and I haven't needed to dress up for the last month or so. Last night I decided to try on the dressier pants to see how they fit. Well they don't... they fell right off of me. So I now own one pair of pants! My big walk in closet is getting bigger by the day. I will need to buy some things for my cruise at the end of February, but hoping to have off another 15 pounds by the time I have to shop.

Happy Thursday everyone!

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
ROFL... Coconut oil is great but as an oldie I use LUSH Skin Drink then Bio Oil and then Cocoa Butter Oil - face and neck. It didn't occur to me soon enough that even faces get stretch marks and older skin has lost a whole lot of spring and snap back... Uhmmm I mean elasticity. Smile. Please Please get ahead of this while you're still young.

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
ROFL... Coconut oil is great but as an oldie I use LUSH Skin Drink then Bio Oil and then Cocoa Butter Oil - face and neck. It didn't occur to me soon enough that even faces get stretch marks and older skin has lost a whole lot of spring and snap back... Uhmmm I mean elasticity. Smile. Please Please get ahead of this while you're still young.

I hear you. I'm in my 50's now and there is a definite change in the skin. For those in your 20's and 30's STAY OUT OF THE SUN unless you have on SPF. It really does matter. My coach makes me eat the jelly for dessert every other night for my snack. She swears by the collagen in it. Thankfully wrinkles don't really happen in my family till you are in your 70's, but my weight loss isn't helping the skin on my neck. Hopefully time will take care of that.

Lorilou
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello eveyone! Congratulations on all the great WIs and good luck to those who still have WIs today :cb:

I ordered the Miracle Noodles yesterday and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try them! I have a question though...should I reduce my meat portion if I use them?

Have a great OP day! :hug:

Endless Dieter
01-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Good Morning To All,

WI# 13 -3.6 Total Loss 57lbs pounds . Only thirteen left to go to reach my goal. I am so truly excited that I am planning to start phrase two in a couple of weeks. I know some might think why stop at 210lbs but I am really feeling good and thought I really can't wait to see if I can maintain the loss this time . ( have always failed in pass). Hope all have great WI's this week...

sarahmayhem
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I had my weigh-in yesterday. I go every 3 weeks. I lost 10.8 pounds which is 3.6 pounds each week...yipee!!! That is a fantastic amount to be losing each week and I am really happy with it. This diet is great!

Woo! Congrats! That's so consistently awesome ;)

I just completed my first week yesterday. I'm down 8 llbs and 5 inches!!! I have 70 pounds to go <3. I felt horrible for 5 days but now I feel great. I tried the big mac in a bowl recipe and yumma!! I used ground turkey and I didnt have Walden Farms thousand island dressing so I used their creamy bacon. Thank you for all the fun recipes on this site.

That's excellent for your first week! Keep it up :)

Ive been swim suit shopping as well and having little luck! I need one as vacation is now 37 days away! I did order online from a sizing chart and let me tell you... my boobs look sad haha. Anyone know of a place you can buy different (maybe push up) cups to add to swim suits?

Victoria Secrets has a couple of really nice pushup tops...and they're all on sale now!

Woo!! You're already in a different number of '10' on the scale haha!

Congratulations on everyone's losses so far today :) It is always inspiring, even the smallest of losses!

I am over half-way through with week two and still going very strong! NSV - today I couldn't find big girl pants for work elastic waist band pants, I have them in like every color. Sad, i know! Anyways, So I bought a pair of black pants about 3 months ago and I wore them once and I was in soooooo much pain. They were SO tight. I threw them in the closet and never wanted to pick them up again. So, today, I got them out and they FIT!! Like perfectly. I measured and I lost 5 inches! Holy cow. I almost fell over... it is so motivating!! i can't wait for them to just FALL OFF and I have to go WARDROBE SHOPPING!! lol

Fitting into old clothes is even better than having to go out and buy new ones hehe!

3lbs
0.25in from chest
1.25in from hips
0.5in from arms
1in from thighs
1.4% fat

I would have lost more lbs if I had been eating the salads like I'm supposed to. But the inches lost are more than worth it!:dance:

Excellent! Good job :)

WI# 13 -3.6 Total Loss 57lbs pounds . Only thirteen left to go to reach my goal. I am so truly excited that I am planning to start phrase two in a couple of weeks. I know some might think why stop at 210lbs but I am really feeling good and thought I really can't wait to see if I can maintain the loss this time . ( have always failed in pass). Hope all have great WI's this week...

You're so close to goal, congrats!! :carrot:

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Renewing myself-- the way I make big mac in a bowl is :
8 oz of lean ground beef (2 burgers)
A few slivers of raw onion
5-8 pickle chips
A bed of spinach leaves
And 1-2 tbsp WF 1000 island
-- you can try it and adjust to your taste. Just make sure the onions are raw and the beef is lean. Some people wrap the burger in lettuce leaves instead of the bun, but I eat it off a bed of baby spinach leaves to get my 2 cups of veggies. My coach said that every serving of WF you use is counted as 1 splenda-- and they allow 4 a day. Hope this answers your question and hope you enjoy it :)

bay316
01-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Just came back from my weigh in, down 8 pounds...wooooohoooo :carrot: for a total of 24 pounds since Dec. 10th a little more then 1/4 way to my goal!! Hope everyone else is having an OP day and great losses as well.

Shem7412
01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Good Morning Everyone,
Congratz on all the great WI numbers, I did my WI last night for the end of Wk#4 and was down 6lbs (for 2 wks). Total of 11.5 lbs for the 4 wks!
I will take almost 12lbs in a month as a great victory!! I too was down to only 2 pairs of pants the other day and since $ is a bit tight I decided to go check out the Goodwill in my area. Since my daughter loves to shop there I thought I would give it a shot. Wow did I find some great deals I was able to pick up 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts / sweaters, and 4 pairs of shoes!! And I spent less then $80.. great victory! LOL
So I have a few questions and hope this is place to ask them :)
I saw the receipe for banana bread, and it is fairly easy instructions but it says to use an IP Banana pudding packet, does that mean to make the pudding like normal (with water) and make it with the acutal pudding or does it mean to just use the powder only with the egg whites etc. I would think without the water might not be that much moisture but I thought you guys would know.
Secondly ... is it normal for your TOM to very crazy on this program? I just finished Wk4, and have been dealing with TOM for 3 wks now. Not any signs of stopping either :mad:
My Coach said your hormones change a bit and first month can make things diffrent or change the length ... but honestly 3 weeks??? I have IUD and dont normally have anything more then a few light days if anything each month so this is very discouraging, even with the weight loss I am just tired of dealing with it!! LOL

Brandie

stmpspaz
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
On to day two for me. I went to bed early last night because I was really afraid I would snack (night snacking is a usual for me!). Had a rough night with restless leg (didn't take my pill, not sure if I should or not).

Started today with the Herb Omelet. I liked it! Added some onions to it for punch.

Now to tackle the rest of the day!

christyr
01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
First post. Last diet.

Started IP on Jan 2nd, 2012 after seeing a friend over Christmas who had lost tons of weight successfully on the program. She looks fantastic and her health numbers more importantly are great. (Hi DM if you are lurking :)

Met my coach on Jan 2nd and sincerely have not looked back.

What I love: the carb fog has lifted. I have more energy than I've had in years for my daughter, hobbies, etc. I had so many "just get through the day " feelings this fall when I was at my highest weight. I barely had enough time to get through the dinner/bath/bed scenario with my daughter in the evenings and that was really my tipping point.

My coach is on vacation so did not have a week one weigh in. I left on Jan 2nd with enough products to get me through the 2 weeks. First official weigh in is this Sunday. I am looking forward to it. A feeling I never had while on WW (I know WW works very well for some but I was not one of them.)

To the newbies who are in week one, hang in there. Feeling good is just around the corner.

Have not tried the recipes etc. but looking forward to trying some. Friend is coming this weekend to make kale chips. Never in a million years would I have looked forward to making or eating something called kale chips. It's a new day.

have a great day

Christy

christyr
01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Stmpspaz:

I also went to bed early the first week. I saw a hint somewhere (I think from my coach) to close the kitchen so to speak after dinner. I feed my daughter, myself, clean up and then it's lights out in the kitchen. I took a hot bath and then just stayed upstairs on the bedroom level to stay out of the kitchen.

I have been needlepointing like crazy as a distraction and that has been helping.

lindac36
01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
BIG MAC (no cheese) IN A BOWL
46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded
Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

rrrigos
01-12-2012, 01:23 PM
So after a successful first week I ended up losing 7.2 pds!!! yay!! I realize a lot of this is water weight but still I feel great... Glad to have this forum very helpful...got some miracle noodles in the mail gonna mark this tonight...

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Nutritional Info: 2 Servings
Calories 180
Total Fat 3.6g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Cholesterol 73mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.7g
Protein 31.1g

Hopefully its yummy let me know if you try it
Rachelle

mrsmurphy
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Renewing myself-- the way I make big mac in a bowl is :
8 oz of lean ground beef (2 burgers)
A few slivers of raw onion
5-8 pickle chips
A bed of spinach leaves
And 1-2 tbsp WF 1000 island
-- you can try it and adjust to your taste. Just make sure the onions are raw and the beef is lean. Some people wrap the burger in lettuce leaves instead of the bun, but I eat it off a bed of baby spinach leaves to get my 2 cups of veggies. My coach said that every serving of WF you use is counted as 1 splenda-- and they allow 4 a day. Hope this answers your question and hope you enjoy it :)

I can't wait to try this tonight! Thanks for posting this recipe!

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 01:26 PM

I had no problem getting in a swimsuit when I was fluffy as well, but look out this summer, I will be a "hottie"....lol....Not really, but I am looking forward to hanging out by the pool to get my water aerobics in, it really helped my hip. I bought a swim suit at the end of the season for $10 I haven't tried it on yet but I an thinking it will fit probably will be too big but at least I have one to start with....lol

Hello eveyone! Congratulations on all the great WIs and good luck to those who still have WIs today :cb:

I ordered the Miracle Noodles yesterday and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try them! I have a question though...should I reduce my meat portion if I use them?

Have a great OP day! :hug:
No you do not reduce your meat portion, it is more or less "free" adding for fullness. I was told we don't have to count it for anything (by my coach)

Good Morning To All,

My son told me to go down to 180 instead of 200 so I could have a 20lb cushion. I told him well when you lose 180lbs you can give yourself a 20lb cushion, I don't want a 20lb cushion because I am not going to let myself get 20lbs over my goal!....lol

Good morning everyone, Looks like we are having a successful week with the newbies reporting their losses and hanging in there. With the losses y'all have had this first week I have to ask, was it worth the YUCKY feeling? are you feeling better than the day you started? if so then you are headed in the right direction and will stick to the program. OH and are your clothes fitting better? that right there is enough to keep going with the program. Its a beautiful sunny day here in Mississippi a little chilly but that is ok, I'll take it!

lindac36
01-12-2012, 01:28 PM
not my recipe, copied off of the recipe sticky

Lakewood
01-12-2012, 01:29 PM
First post. Last diet.

Started IP on Jan 2nd, 2012 after seeing a friend over Christmas who had lost tons of weight successfully on the program. She looks fantastic and her health numbers more importantly are great. (Hi DM if you are lurking :)

Met my coach on Jan 2nd and sincerely have not looked back.

What I love: the carb fog has lifted. I have more energy than I've had in years for my daughter, hobbies, etc. I had so many "just get through the day " feelings this fall when I was at my highest weight. I barely had enough time to get through the dinner/bath/bed scenario with my daughter in the evenings and that was really my tipping point.

My coach is on vacation so did not have a week one weigh in. I left on Jan 2nd with enough products to get me through the 2 weeks. First official weigh in is this Sunday. I am looking forward to it. A feeling I never had while on WW (I know WW works very well for some but I was not one of them.)

To the newbies who are in week one, hang in there. Feeling good is just around the corner.

Have not tried the recipes etc. but looking forward to trying some. Friend is coming this weekend to make kale chips. Never in a million years would I have looked forward to making or eating something called kale chips. It's a new day.

have a great day

Christy

Christy - CONGRATS on staring IP! You will love it.
The health benefits (along with the obvilous weight loss) is what I was drawn to. While making no claims, I give you The Numbers:

Blood Sugar July/Diabetic Dec/NORMAL

Cholesterol July/279 Dec/169

Triglycerides July/243 Dec/61

Weight July/213 Dec/178

The doc was so amazed, he said if he hadn't had the blood work from July to compare, he would NEVER would have thought anything was wrong.

lindac36
01-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Good morning all, heading into a beautiful sunny day here in Las Vegas! Hope everyone has a great OP day!

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
So after a successful first week I ended up losing 7.2 pds!!! yay!! I realize a lot of this is water weight but still I feel great... Glad to have this forum very helpful...got some miracle noodles in the mail gonna mark this tonight...

Vietnamese noodle soup

Preparation Time:10 minutes * * *Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
1 cup bean sprouts
2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 tsp chili sauce(optional)
1/2 lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

Method
In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes(until completely cooked)
Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
I could swear I was at the Vietnamese restaurant, but without the calories!

Nutritional Info: 2 Servings
Calories 180
Total Fat 3.6g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Cholesterol 73mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.7g
Protein 31.1g

Hopefully its yummy let me know if you try it
Rachelle

So excited that you shared this recipe! I'm attempting Shrimp with Lobster Sauce tonight and so wanted a soup and or fried (ish) rice (Miracle Rice) to go with it. Smile.:hug:

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
No problem mrs murphy :) of course add salt and pepper or any other spices to the mix--

Lakewood that is AWESOME!! I love your new numbers. I get blood drawn in about 2 weeks then follow up with the doctor a week later. My numbers were a bit high the last time I got them checked in September. I've been on the diet a little over 2 months and can't wait to see the new and improved numbers. Hoping to come off of my blood pressure meds too! Yay for iP!!

MustangMolly
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
OMG is right!!! I hope you are reading this, doublebaby, because I tried your recipe last night and it was the BEST thing I've had for dessert/snack since I started! I can't thank you enough for posting it on here. I added 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 stevia packets and put them in 3 foil muffin cups at 350 for 7 minutes. They were still a little uncooked in the middle, but it was like a chocolate lava brownie! WOW! I am going to have these every night. Thank you!!

Please post this entire recipe, I must have missed it yesterday.
Thanks!

NavyMommy
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm up every morning at 4am. Crazy I know, but I do it for my kids! I got to work at 5am, so I'm done by the time school is over. Best decision I ever made...even if I do feel like going crazy some days! Still allows me to work AND be home after school to help with homework. (They start homework in 2nd grade now!)

I don't weigh in and measure until tomorrow and am excited to see what results I have! Good Luck to everyone with weigh in's today and have a great OP day!

What an awesome schedule!! We've considered my doing that when the kids get to school age if I need (or want) to go back to work then. GL on your WI tomorrow!!

I really like Neutrogena's Body Oil. I don't know if you've tried it, but it's not as greasy feeling as regular baby oil. It's a little pricier than regular baby oil but a little bit goes a long way.

Good Morning!

WTG!!!!! Congrats!!

WTG!!! Looking at your ticker it's amazing how far you've come!! You should be really proud of yourself!

WTG!! 8lbs in a week, that's amazing!

Yeah!! Congrats!!!!

3lbs
0.25in from chest
1.25in from hips
0.5in from arms
1in from thighs
1.4% fat

WTG!! Any loss is an amazing accomplishment and the inches you lost are amazing! Personally I don't eat much salad either, and I've never had a problem so you should be fine.

Danni1
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I had a visitor today bring me a big slice of cheesecake (there was a birthday celebration at another office). I am totally amazed how little I really cared if I touched it or not. I took it to one of my co-workers office and told them I couldn't eat it right now and they gladly took it off my hands. I'm only on day 2 and I am totally amazed how little I crave things. I sure hope this keeps up. All the recipes on this site should help to keep things interesting.

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
No problem mrs murphy :) of course add salt and pepper or any other spices to the mix--

Lakewood that is AWESOME!! I love your new numbers. I get blood drawn in about 2 weeks then follow up with the doctor a week later. My numbers were a bit high the last time I got them checked in September. I've been on the diet a little over 2 months and can't wait to see the new and improved numbers. Hoping to come off of my blood pressure meds too! Yay for iP!!

Congrats to all! Even if you didn't lose yet stayed true... You deserve an extra big congrats. It will happen...

By the end of my first 2 mos I started getting dizzy. I couldn't even enjoy a hot soapy bath. Took my blood pressure (9 Rex pills a day and heart attack at 53) and it was so low I stopped 4 1/2 of the rx pills immediately and have never gone back to them. I'm hopeful that goal weight will bring that down even more. I hope you see great improvement too newmom! Smile.

NavyMommy
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
What a day today!! I actually had to switch up my breakfast a little bit because I realized I forgot to get my big cup (where I mix my coffee and cap) out of the car to be put in the dishwasher last night so instead I just had my 1 cup of coffee and the cap heated slightly in a travel mug since we had to get out of the house. It was actually delicious. I think I am going to eliminate that extra cup of coffee from my morning routine.

bay316, Brandie, Rachelle, CONGRATS on your WI's!! :carrot::carrot:

On to day two for me. I went to bed early last night because I was really afraid I would snack (night snacking is a usual for me!). Had a rough night with restless leg (didn't take my pill, not sure if I should or not).

Started today with the Herb Omelet. I liked it! Added some onions to it for punch.

Now to tackle the rest of the day!

When do you have your snack? Personally my coach always suggested it for after dinner, so that is my evening snack. I always have the Jello, and by that time hubby is usually snacking on something so it feels good to be able to have something 'normal' right along with him whether we're playing a game or watching TV or whatever.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Here you go, MustangMolly--I copied and pasted it from doublebaby's post yesterday:

"I make it with not quite 2oz of water, wipe the tins-two of them with Pam and put it in the oven at 350 for 7 min since it was two and not one. Standing there waiting looking around my kitchen and there were two packets there one opened that I used one that I should have put back that I was thinking of using. Well you all know what happened!!
My muffins turned out to be chocolate drink mix! When I was making them I was thinking "man, this looks just like brownie frosting, why bake them?" I just let them go...
I opened the oven after 7 minutes and you know they didn't look bad, they raised a bit and were uniform. I stuck a toothpick in and I thought "mmm TRUFFLES!" I put them back in for 2 more minutes then took them out. I ate one already while typing this. Not bad. Had I known I would have added a little sweetner and taken them out at 7 minutes to keep that truffle thing going on LOL. It's still there but not as much."

My addition was 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1 1/2 stevia packets.

doublebaby
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM

When I get back home I will have to try your better prepared recipe! Mine was just a fluke from a pkg mix up. LOL. Glad you enjoyed the concept though. We all need a little bit of help.
Reg

Linden
01-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Had a rough night with restless leg (didn't take my pill, not sure if I should or not).
!

Please do take it. You need the sleep and withdrawal from not taking it could be, well, awful.

kdspirited
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Hello all

I have been noticing for the last week since I have been back on IP that I have been feeling very lethargic. I sleep a normal 8 hours but cant seen to wake up in the morning and have been coming to work really late as a result. I am not sure if there are ways to improve my energy levels. But this is very draining

Linden
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
My coach makes me eat the jelly for dessert every other night for my snack. She swears by the collagen in it.

Dana, please beware. Unless the Jelly has been reformulated recently, it doesn't have all the necessary amino acids. You can get the same results from melting a package of Knox gelatin in hot water after you soften it, then add it to whatever you want or use some Da Vinci or Torani and make your own jello.

stmpspaz
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Where is the best place to buy Miracle Noodles - without having to purchase several bags of each? I would really like to try it before buying a bunch

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Where is the best place to buy Miracle Noodles - without having to purchase several bags of each? I would really like to try it before buying a bunch

is there a health food store near you? try goggling it to find a place near you that sells it...just a thought:)

stmpspaz
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I live in a very rural area - so no, there isn't

is there a health food store near you? try goggling it to find a place near you that sells it...just a thought:)

Lakewood
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Hello all

I have been noticing for the last week since I have been back on IP that I have been feeling very lethargic. I sleep a normal 8 hours but cant seen to wake up in the morning and have been coming to work really late as a result. I am not sure if there are ways to improve my energy levels. But this is very draining

Maybe your blood pressure is low? Can you get it checked? In the grocery stores here, they have little monitoring stations by the pharmacy. Perhaps add an extra pack? Are you on any meds that you might need adjusted? Are you taking all supps, drinking enough water? I was so shakey the 1st week because I was on blood sugar lowering meds and I was too low. Stopped the meds that 1st week (and haven't looked back!)

Those are just the 1st things that come to my mind. Please let us know what you find out!

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I live in a very rural area - so no, there isn't

I have heard some ordering from Amazon but I don't know if there is a certain amount to be purchased...sorry

4kiddos
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Go to the Miracle Noodle thread someone started the other day. They had websites to visit. I think it is on page 2 by now of the main threads.

marie montreal
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Hello Marie,

Just wanted to let you know that I live in Montreal too, actually in Laval, but work in Montreal :) Happy to see someone local :)

Hi Sandra,
Small world, I am 15 minutes from Laval in Deux Montagnes! Good luck on your progress keep me posted! I read this blog every morning.

kdspirited
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Nope no medications and I have been very good about making sure I get all my daily intake in. The time sometimes varies but I get all my suppliments in. After I am up and running and have a cup of coffee I feel better. But in the morning I just want to sleep as if I am drugged. That is very unusual for me

Maybe your blood pressure in low? Can you get it checked? In the grocery stores here, they have little monitoring stations by the pharmacy. Perhaps add an extra pack? Are you on any meds that you might need adjusted? Are you taking all supps, drinking enough water? I was so shakey the 1st week because I was on blood sugar lowering meds and I was too low. Stopped the meds that 1st week (and haven't looked back!)

Those are just the 1st things that come to my mind. Please let us know what you find out!

TFBeller
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Started IP 1/3, first WI yesterday. Lost 4.5 lbs and 3 inches! Was a little dissapointed only because my home scale said 6 lbs. I weigh daily. But also excited, never lost this much before! Haven't cheated! Only found 2 bars I like and also choc ready made drink and choc drink mix - that's ok. Only veggies I'm eating are cucumbers and asparagus. If I could find a salad dressing I like it would be so much easier! Tried WF French (yuck), Bacon Ranch - ok if very little, ranch not that great either. I'm hungry and i think if I could get those veggies in it would help. Never felt tired, felt better and sleeping better from day 1!! Love this forum, found it last night. So encouraging!!!!

Endless Dieter
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
[

My son told me to go down to 180 instead of 200 so I could have a 20lb cushion. I told him well when you lose 180lbs you can give yourself a 20lb cushion, I don't want a 20lb cushion because I am not going to let myself get 20lbs over my goal!....lol

So well said.... Wuv

Busymomx4
01-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Not much going on, just wanted to say a quick Hi! Glad to see all the new members have stuck out week 1 and are all seeing amazing results :)

Hi Sandra,
Small world, I am 15 minutes from Laval in Deux Montagnes! Good luck on your progress keep me posted! I read this blog every morning.

Hey i take the Deux-Montagnes commuter train, does that count, lol.

Linden
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
If I could find a salad dressing I like it would be so much easier!

Try using a good EVOO and apple cider vinegar with ground sea salt and a little ground pepper. Yes! I have it every day on Romaine.

omgzitsmiranda
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I need a pro's help with this real quick.
I went out earlier & was eye-balling some whey protein powder because the cost of it is sooo much cheaper than the RTD shakes.

I was thinking about the body fortress super advanced whey protein in chocolate. Here's the stats:
26g protein per scoop.
calories: 140
total fat: 2g
total carbs: 4g
sugar: 1g

Does this work? Or is this a NO?

TFBeller
01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Linden - how much EVOO and how much ACVinegar?

Lorilou
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I have heard some ordering from Amazon but I don't know if there is a certain amount to be purchased...sorry

You can buy an individual packet of the angel hair for $6.99 plus shipping. It's alot but if you want to try it and get it anywhere else then it may be worth it.

Linden
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Linden - how much EVOO and how much ACVinegar?

My standard may not help you because I LOVE vinegar. And when I Googled why a couple of years ago, I was elated to see that I wasn't totally weird. It has health properties that are really good.

So I use about 1 teaspoon oil and about 40 g cider vinegar for a LOT of of Romaine, a little over 200 g; or NO oil and between 45 and 55 g of vinegar on 250 g of Belgian endive. Plus ground sea salt and ground pepper.

Note: I can get Belgian endive here quite inexpensively and it is really high in nutrients. In Hawai'i where I live when I'm not here the same amount would be about $10-12 or more, if I can get it. So I guess I can't recommend that for people in NA. :o

PeggyG
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Ok, only have time for just a quick post. Had my first WI yesterday since starting IP and was down 8.25 pounds. I had not weighed myself all wk, so had no idea what to expect. I'm 5'8" and starting weight with clothes & shoes was 188.75. Wanted loss to be accurate, so wore exactly same outfit/shoes for WI (come on admit it, we all do it.. lol) Came home and immediately weighed myself with/without clothes (you all know the drill) and my scales is within .2 lbs of clinic scales. So weight was correct.

For my body frame & age my goal weight is somewhere around 165. I know that some of this must be water weight, but as a person who always only drank 1 cup coffee a day, a sip of water at dinner and maybe a cup of hot tea before bed, I have to wonder how much water my body could have had. So, needless to say I am impressed.

Over my lifetime I've tried nearly every diet out there (and I'm old... lol). This is the first diet I've followed exactly and with such ease. My reason for starting IP was because since last year this time I had gone up about a clothing size. For me, that 8.25 lbs has already allowed me to comfortably wear some of the clothes I was wearing a yr ago.

I know that I don't have as much to lose as some, but my struggle with my weight issues are in some respects just as difficult. (WHY can't I lose it, I don't have that much too lose. Am I a total failure? Start a diet one day, and off it by the next day. etc, etc.) My reason for sharing this is that there may be others lurking, thinking about this diet and wondering if it might help them. In one weeks time it has totally changed how I look at food, a change that I honestly think will continue after I reach goal. That to me is nothing short of amazing!

Shem7412
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I know I posted this question earlier but maybe it was missed since my post was a bit long but please let me know .. as I am sure some of you have probably made them...
In the banana bread receipe ... do you make the IP Bannana Pudding pack into pudding first.. or just use the powder in making the bread.

I really want to try this tonight and not sure where else to ask..I will also see if I can find that recipe thread again to see if i can ask there.

Thanks for any help
Brandie

Linden
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I need a pro's help with this real quick.
I went out earlier & was eye-balling some whey protein powder because the cost of it is sooo much cheaper than the RTD shakes.

I was thinking about the body fortress super advanced whey protein in chocolate. Here's the stats:
26g protein per scoop.
calories: 140
total fat: 2g
total carbs: 4g
sugar: 1g

Does this work? Or is this a NO?

Those are just the most basic ingredients and on the surface look good. But what about the essential amino acids? They are REALLY light. Google is your friend here. You might also want to look at the reviews. But for me, the amino acids would nix it right away.

omgzitsmiranda
01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Those are just the most basic ingredients and on the surface look good. But what about the essential amino acids? They are REALLY light. Google is your friend here. You might also want to look at the reviews. But for me, the amino acids would nix it right away.

Is there a protein powder that you would suggest instead? I checked out the Pure Protein, but it just seemed like too much sugar or something; I can't remember :/

abuck
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I just used Wuv's recipe for spiced cucumber salad and did everything except swap the red pepper flakes for italian spices (the McCormick grinder kind) and I am in cucumber heaven. Thanks Wuv for the original recipe!

I am not the best cook by any means and definitely do not like that many veggies. When I first saw the list I thought that I'd be eating a lot of dill pickles for awhile! I have been so happy with everyone on this site to give me ideas for how to cook different things. I have never eaten this healthy....ever! Thanks guys!

Linden
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I know that some of this must be water weight, but as a person who always only drank 1 cup coffee a day, a sip of water at dinner and maybe a cup of hot tea before bed, I have to wonder how much water my body could have had.

I SINCERELY hope what you're saying isn't true. Because if that's all the liquid you're getting in one day your [poor] body is probably holding on to every possible gram of liquid it can -- to sustain itself. And on top of that coffee is dehydrating. This is scary.

No matter what weight you are, didn't you ever hear that 8 cups of water a day is essential? Basically, you should be drinking, minimally, 1/2 ounce of water for each pound of body weight. And you should be drinking more now to flush out ketones and other impurities.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant. Well, no I'm not. Do you want a kidney replacement in your future? I'm only sorry if I totally misunderstood how little water you are drinking.

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Dana, please beware. Unless the Jelly has been reformulated recently, it doesn't have all the necessary amino acids. You can get the same results from melting a package of Knox gelatin in hot water after you soften it, then add it to whatever you want or use some Da Vinci or Torani and make your own jello.

Thanks for the information Linden. I haven't been convinced that the jelly would help, but I told her I would go along with her for a bit. So the Knox gelatin is a better option? I've never used knox. Is it something that I can just add to anything such as the pudding, it doesn't have any flavor on it's own?

Started IP 1/3, first WI yesterday. Lost 4.5 lbs and 3 inches! Was a little dissapointed only because my home scale said 6 lbs. I weigh daily. But also excited, never lost this much before! Haven't cheated! Only found 2 bars I like and also choc ready made drink and choc drink mix - that's ok. Only veggies I'm eating are cucumbers and asparagus. If I could find a salad dressing I like it would be so much easier! Tried WF French (yuck), Bacon Ranch - ok if very little, ranch not that great either. I'm hungry and i think if I could get those veggies in it would help. Never felt tired, felt better and sleeping better from day 1!! Love this forum, found it last night. So encouraging!!!!

The only WF dressing that i do like is the Honey Dijon.

PeggyG
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I SINCERELY hope what you're saying isn't true. Because if that's all the liquid you're getting in one day your [poor] body is probably holding on to every possible gram of liquid it can -- to sustain itself. And on top of that coffee is dehydrating. This is scary.

No matter what weight you are, didn't you ever hear that 8 cups of water a day is essential? Basically, you should be drinking, minimally, 1/2 ounce of water for each pound of body weight. And you should be drinking more now to flush out ketones and other impurities.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant. Well, no I'm not. Do you want a kidney replacement in your future? I'm only sorry if I totally misunderstood how little water you are drinking.

Copy from my original post ....."but as a person who always only drank 1 cup coffee a day, a sip of water at dinner and maybe a cup of hot tea before bed"

"Drank" is past tense here in the states. So no, I was NOT saying that is all I've been drinking since starting this program. I was saying that was all I "drank" before starting. YES, I always knew that I should drink more water, the same as I always "knew" that the way I was eating was causing me to gain weight. Was I able to force myself to drink more water? NO, just as I was not able before to "eat" so that I wouldn't gain weight. So please, no need for a rant. I've heard it from my doctor before, but then he would laugh and tell me I was amazingly healthy.

Gardengurl71
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone :) Just checking in and putting up my daily post(I AM going to get that ticker!!!!).

Congrats to everyone on their weigh-ins!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Linden
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the information Linden. I haven't been convinced that the jelly would help, but I told her I would go along with her for a bit. So the Knox gelatin is a better option? I've never used knox. Is it something that I can just add to anything such as the pudding, it doesn't have any flavor on it's own?

No, no, no. :D Please don't just dump it on something. Gluttonous ghastly mess. But Knox gelatin has all the collagen you hair, skin, nails need although it isn't a one dose proposition. Google? You have to soak it in cold water then add hot water and stir, and stir until it's dissolved. Then you can make jellos or add it to stuff.

Obviously you weren't brought up on Jello as your only sugary treat, once a week. :hug: Or worse, gasp, church social Jello salads with pineapple and marshmallows. :yikes:

FoolishHeart
01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok, only have time for just a quick post. Had my first WI yesterday since starting IP and was down 8.25 pounds. I had not weighed myself all wk, so had no idea what to expect. I'm 5'8" and starting weight with clothes & shoes was 188.75. Wanted loss to be accurate, so wore exactly same outfit/shoes for WI (come on admit it, we all do it.. lol) Came home and immediately weighed myself with/without clothes (you all know the drill) and my scales is within .2 lbs of clinic scales. So weight was correct.

For my body frame & age my goal weight is somewhere around 165. I know that some of this must be water weight, but as a person who always only drank 1 cup coffee a day, a sip of water at dinner and maybe a cup of hot tea before bed, I have to wonder how much water my body could have had. So, needless to say I am impressed.

Over my lifetime I've tried nearly every diet out there (and I'm old... lol). This is the first diet I've followed exactly and with such ease. My reason for starting IP was because since last year this time I had gone up about a clothing size. For me, that 8.25 lbs has already allowed me to comfortably wear some of the clothes I was wearing a yr ago.

I know that I don't have as much to lose as some, but my struggle with my weight issues are in some respects just as difficult. (WHY can't I lose it, I don't have that much too lose. Am I a total failure? Start a diet one day, and off it by the next day. etc, etc.) My reason for sharing this is that there may be others lurking, thinking about this diet and wondering if it might help them. In one weeks time it has totally changed how I look at food, a change that I honestly think will continue after I reach goal. That to me is nothing short of amazing!

Congratulations Peggy! I'm so glad your WI went well and you are feeling so inspired and encouraged! Keep it up, and IMO, DON'T cheat, it breaks your momentum and makes it so hard to restart. It's not worth it!

Linden
01-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Copy from my original post ....."but as a person who always only drank 1 cup coffee a day, a sip of water at dinner and maybe a cup of hot tea before bed"

"Drank" is past tense here in the states. So no, I was NOT saying that is all I've been drinking since starting this program. I was saying that was all I "drank" before starting. YES, I always knew that I should drink more water, the same as I always "knew" that the way I was eating was causing me to gain weight. Was I able to force myself to drink more water? NO, just as I was not able before to "eat" so that I wouldn't gain weight. So please, no need for a rant. I've heard it from my doctor before, but then he would laugh and tell me I was amazingly healthy.

And I apologize after the fact, as I did before the fact, for misinterpreting your post. And yes, I know drank is past tense, in or out of the states. I have a PhD in English.

And I wouldn't have written what I wrote if I didn't care.

leesa88210
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
You can buy an individual packet of the angel hair for $6.99 plus shipping. It's alot but if you want to try it and get it anywhere else then it may be worth it.

I got mine on Amazon, 6 induvidual packets for 15.99 I believe.. I havent had a chance to try them yet.. afraid to open them after the fishy smell warnings I have seen on here! Im gonna try it this weekend though.

Weighed in yesterday (first full week OP after a 2 week "break" for holidays" and had a 8 lb loss! wahohooooo.. I was pretty excited. Then out in the lobby my coach has a bulletin board.. and they had my before and after pics up on it! wow what a difference.

MaMaZu
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Here in Southern California, they have them at a place called Sprouts, owned by Wild Oats. Whole Foods too.

Linden
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Is there a protein powder that you would suggest instead? I checked out the Pure Protein, but it just seemed like too much sugar or something; I can't remember :/

Please see my PM. In truth, I recommend the IP products. See my post in the Hard restarting thread. :)

massconfusion84
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Does anyone else have a terrible taste in your mouth? I feel like I constantly need to brush my teeth. I know its a symptom of ketosis but GEEZ its gross..any advice?

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I just used Wuv's recipe for spiced cucumber salad and did everything except swap the red pepper flakes for italian spices (the McCormick grinder kind) and I am in cucumber heaven. Thanks Wuv for the original recipe!

I am not the best cook by any means and definitely do not like that many veggies. When I first saw the list I thought that I'd be eating a lot of dill pickles for awhile! I have been so happy with everyone on this site to give me ideas for how to cook different things. I have never eaten this healthy....ever! Thanks guys!

You are welcome, I also use that mixture as a salad dressing. For another option with veggies, when I roast my cabbage I brush that mixture over my cabbage....YUMMY!!! sometimes I just sprinkle a packet of splenda on my cucumber for lunch as well. Play with your seasoning, mix a little of this and a little of that and you would be surprised as to what you come up with. I never really measure I just put a little of this, and this and this and YUMMY!....lol....experiment its the key :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Please see my PM. In truth, I recommend the IP products. See my post in the Hard restarting thread. :)

I haven't looked at your PM, but I really can't afford the IP products :/ No way.

Linden
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I haven't looked at your PM, but I really can't afford the IP products :/ No way.

Then you'll probably like my PM. :D

janniegoingdown
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone, just have a question. I am on week 2 and doing good, weigh in is Saturday. Can we have V8 juice? I don't have the ingredients but I think its surpose to be all veggie juice. I'm thinkin not because there is carrots in it, but would appreciate any comments.

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone, just have a question. I am on week 2 and doing good, weigh in is Saturday. Can we have V8 juice? I don't have the ingredients but I think its surpose to be all veggie juice. I'm thinkin not because there is carrots in it, but would appreciate any comments.

NOPE!

alaskastarr
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM

This is great!!! Congrats on the loss!! :carrot:

alaskastarr
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM

Isn't it the best when you pull something out that didn't fit before but now fits?? I love those NSV's! Keep moving forward!!! Congrats!

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Here in Southern California, they have them at a place called Sprouts, owned by Wild Oats. Whole Foods too.

www.netrition.com

Type in Miracle Noodles in the search box and then note that Miracle Noodle Products pops up on the main screen. Just click that and voila (under $3 per pack... Also the best price for WF and shipping is always only $4.95.:)

Rinse Rinse Rinse to get rid of the heavy fishy smell. I don't just boil mine for a couple of minutes I cook the liquid down all the way with seasonings of choice in the water. With fish, 4 cloves of garlic chopped with salt & pepper and the juice of 1 lemon. For Mexican I use a Mexican Rice recipe from http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Arroz-a-la-Mexicana-Mexican-Rice and again cook the liquid all the way down. I'm planning to make Shrimp with Lobster Sauce tonight and will try my hand using the recipe on this thread but without the chicken and again liquid all the way down for a substitute for fried rice. The fishy odor is absolutely non-existent after the noodles/rice are cooked.

alaskastarr
01-12-2012, 06:40 PM

I have to agree with you on this. When I went to college in Florida I looked around and saw women who had lots of wrinkles and leathery looking skin..I decided right then I didn't want that and slathered on the sun screen and tried to take care of my skin. It's paid off...at 42 I look young ;)

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
No, no, no. :D Please don't just dump it on something. Gluttonous ghastly mess. But Knox gelatin has all the collagen you hair, skin, nails need although it isn't a one dose proposition. Google? You have to soak it in cold water then add hot water and stir, and stir until it's dissolved. Then you can make jellos or add it to stuff.

Obviously you weren't brought up on Jello as your only sugary treat, once a week. :hug: Or worse, gasp, church social Jello salads with pineapple and marshmallows. :yikes:

LOL, thanks for the head up. I grew up in the 60's - I know all about jello molds. My mom still makes them. I remind her she is showing her age when she does that. I guess she always bought Jello and skipped Knox. I do remember as a teenager friends buying Knox because they wanted stronger nails. Guess I'll have to check it out. Off to Google!

Marcella
01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Where do we find this recipe and can I have it now I'm on day 8 today but can make it on the weekend if it is not too time consuming. Thanks

shelly ann
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Does anyone else have a terrible taste in your mouth? I feel like I constantly need to brush my teeth. I know its a symptom of ketosis but GEEZ its gross..any advice?

Yep, it is gross. I have come to like it because it's a good sign that I'm OP and doing well. Sometimes I will just suck on a whole clove. There is some gum you can chew, like Spry or Dentyne cinnamon, or you can use the Listerine breath strips. I was told no more than three pieces of gum and watch the carbs, etc in the gum.

Good luck.

galpal445
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
It concerns me that so many folks are trying to find products to replace IP products. We know the IP products were developed to meet very specific needs in our bodies for this particular diet and trying to duplicate them with other products doesn't seem like it would be a do-able task.

I know cost enters into the picture for a lot of people but if that is the case why not try a different low carb diet like Atkins. Doing Atkins but watching the fat intake seems like it could be a good alternative way of trying a low carb diet.

Trying to duplicate the Ideal Protein Protocol without using the IP products just seems counterintuitive to me. I would think it would be impossible to find quality comparable products & supplements that would meet all the bodily requirements of someone trying to do a diet in the IP manner without using the IP products.

I'm really concerned for the people who are doing this as they may not be getting the nutrition they need using other products as the diet was created in a very specific way using very specific products. Who knows what possible damage people could be doing to their bodies while trying to save some money. In the long run it could end up costing them much more in terms of health problems or in healthcare costs.

I don't mean to offend anyone. I am just really concerned seeing the large number of people trying to figure out a different way of doing something that was developed with such specificity.

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I just had the sweet and sour beef and "rice" off of flynnstevens recipe thread. Lemme tell ya- I haven't felt this full since before the diet. I try to keep the red meat to a minimum (once or twice a week), but anyway-- sooo filling. It was pretty good :) just wanted to comment on that.
Oh, and I tried to make the omlet with zucchini and failed miserably. It's the recipe right next to the S&S beef.. Any pointers? I was looking forward to enjoying that egg pancake recipe :( anyway proud of all of ya who have stayed OP :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I hope someone can help quickly, as I am about to cook dinner. What's the deal with tomatoes? I know we can have them once a week, but I've been so afraid that I haven't tried to add them until now. I have 2 options available to me tonight which are:
canned (1/2 cup=5g carbs, 2g fiber, 5g sugars),
Marinara sauce (1/2 cup= 6.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g sugars),
or plain sauce (1/2 cup=6g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars)

Should I go with the plain sauce, then? I'm going to make little meatballs and shred zucchini like pasta. Please help! Thank you!

JellyMae87
01-12-2012, 07:28 PM
It concerns me that so many folks are trying to find products to replace IP products. We know the IP products were developed to meet very specific needs in our bodies for this particular diet and trying to duplicate them with other products doesn't seem like it would be a do-able task.

I know cost enters into the picture for a lot of people but if that is the case why not try a different low carb diet like Atkins. Doing Atkins but watching the fat intake seems like it could be a good alternative way of trying a low carb diet.

Trying to duplicate the Ideal Protein Protocol without using the IP products just seems counterintuitive to me. I would think it would be impossible to find quality comparable products & supplements that would meet all the bodily requirements of someone trying to do a diet in the IP manner without using the IP products.

I'm really concerned for the people who are doing this as they may not be getting the nutrition they need using other products as the diet was created in a very specific way using very specific products. Who knows what possible damage people could be doing to their bodies while trying to save some money. In the long run it could end up costing them much more in terms of health problems or in healthcare costs.

I don't mean to offend anyone. I am just really concerned seeing the large number of people trying to figure out a different way of doing something that was developed with such specificity.

I actually think that this a good point... Its seems like more people on this board are doing "alternatives" that actual IP products these days!!

PeggyG
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Congratulations Peggy! I'm so glad your WI went well and you are feeling so inspired and encouraged! Keep it up, and IMO, DON'T cheat, it breaks your momentum and makes it so hard to restart. It's not worth it!

Thank you FoolishHeart. I have to agree on the not cheating. I was perfectly OP this week and it felt amazing. Even having a headache for 2 days and losing my voice for 5 days did not tempt me to cheat. For me, that is nothing short of amazing. The voice thing was an irritated throat caused by a mishap while trying to take the extremely large vitamin pills I had been given. They were not IP products, clinic was out of those and substituted. Throat is almost back to normal, was given a bottle of the IP vitamins and first vitamins are in the garbage. Again, thanks for your positive post. You have no idea how difficult it was for me to share the information in that WI post. I'm a very private person and don't post on message boards. That said, I had hoped this would be a place that I could come and get and give support. So I was really stepping out of my comfort zone.

SomedayBubblySomeday
Where do we find this recipe and can I have it now I'm on day 8 today but can make it on the weekend if it is not too time consuming. Thanks

Look near the bottom of page 4 of this thread :)

maykatcooper
I hope someone can help quickly, as I am about to cook dinner. What's the deal with tomatoes? I know we can have them once a week, but I've been so afraid that I haven't tried to add them until now. I have 2 options available to me tonight which are:

Should I go with the plain sauce, then? I'm going to make little meatballs and shred zucchini like pasta. Please help! Thank you!

Though I continue to use canned tomatoes (no added sugar) or fresh for my own spicy marinara I'd suggest going with the lowest sugar even though the carbs are slightly higher on the plain sauce. Anyone else?

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Go with Plain!!!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank you maykatcooper and Wuv!!!

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Thank you FoolishHeart. I have to agree on the not cheating. I was perfectly OP this week and it felt amazing. Even having a headache for 2 days and losing my voice for 5 days did not tempt me to cheat. For me, that is nothing short of amazing. The voice thing was an irritated throat caused by a mishap while trying to take the extremely large vitamin pills I had been given. They were not IP products, clinic was out of those and substituted. Throat is almost back to normal, was given a bottle of the IP vitamins and first vitamins are in the garbage. Again, thanks for your positive post. You have no idea how difficult it was for me to share the information in that WI post. I'm a very private person and don't post on message boards. That said, I had hoped this would be a place that I could come and get and give support. So I was really stepping out of my comfort zone.

Well now that you have come out of lurking you can become an active poster on this forum. Never know what your in put will do for someone. :)

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok another question-- I just realized that my favorite tea has caffeine :( it contains black tea, which I'm 99% sure is caffeinated. Anyway I went to the store to find another kind with a similar flavor. I came home and made a cup and it almost tasted SWEET ( no splenda) so I panicked and poured it out. It's called apple cinnamon spice. It almost tasted like a lightly sweetened cider. I know we are not allowed fruit so is the apple cinnamon tea considered "fruit" and a big no no?

JellyMae87
01-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Ok another question-- I just realized that my favorite tea has caffeine :( it contains black tea, which I'm 99% sure is caffeinated. Anyway I went to the store to find another kind with a similar flavor. I came home and made a cup and it almost tasted SWEET ( no splenda) so I panicked and poured it out. It's called apple cinnamon spice. It almost tasted like a lightly sweetened cider. I know we are not allowed fruit so is the apple cinnamon tea considered "fruit" and a big no no?

I have some Apple Cinnamon spice tea.. It was definetely NOT SWEETENED, But mine is 0/0/0

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
JellyMae-- mine also said 0/0/0 of course, but I know that they can say 0 if it's less than 1 gram. I was more worried about the apple part of it.. Seeing that we can't have fruit. Can we not have apple or peach or orange tea because it contains fruit flavor? Or is it perfectly fine ?

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 08:07 PM
I had a visitor today bring me a big slice of cheesecake (there was a birthday celebration at another office). I am totally amazed how little I really cared if I touched it or not. I took it to one of my co-workers office and told them I couldn't eat it right now and they gladly took it off my hands. I'm only on day 2 and I am totally amazed how little I crave things. I sure hope this keeps up. All the recipes on this site should help to keep things interesting.

So proud of you right now!:carrot:

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
JellyMae-- mine also said 0/0/0 of course, but I know that they can say 0 if it's less than 1 gram. I was more worried about the apple part of it.. Seeing that we can't have fruit. Can we not have apple or peach or orange tea because it contains fruit flavor? Or is it perfectly fine ?

I drink them all the time.....hasnt changed anything for me. IMO there isnt enough "fruit" if any to do us harm. IMO its perfectly fine

PeggyG
01-12-2012, 08:22 PM
And I apologize after the fact, as I did before the fact, for misinterpreting your post. And yes, I know drank is past tense, in or out of the states. I have a PhD in English.

And I wouldn't have written what I wrote if I didn't care.

Linden,
Apology accepted. I was posting from an iPad and could only see that you were from Germany. I had no idea if English was even your first language, therefore the reason for my past tense remark. Now as to your PhD in English.... you start correcting my posts, I'm out of here... lol. :wave:

omgzitsmiranda
01-12-2012, 08:24 PM

I agree with you for a certain extent about using IP products etc. But, I don't use them simply because there's NO way in my financial situation in the near future that I can pay for the fees and high prices of the food. So I just get by with what I can. There are definitely very comparable things out there including supplements, but no there's nothing "identical" you just have to work a little harder to find them lol. But I do agree with you, but I just can't afford the plan with the cost of it. Point blank.

My financial situation is nowhere near my fault and is due to my husband being disabled, but that's a different story. But that's just my 2 cents. If I could afford the program, I would do it; but what I'm doing right now is working for me. About the Atkins thing, Atkins is different than IP by a good bit. I've looked into that as well, but this just seems to fit better [at least for me] .......

Mom3LoveBugs
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM

On the contrary, it takes some time and research but there are actually a lot of choices out there for alternative products that match up nearly identical nutritionally wise compared to IP.

In my particular case, I cannot purchase IP products where I live as there is no clinic here and there is no website that will ship to me. If there was, I would have started off using it but honestly, my situation forced me to look outside the box and because of that, I save a ton of money.

I do think there are numerous newcomers trying to following the protocol who haven't spent the time to distinguish what is a suitable alternative and what isn't and in that regard, may not be doing the best that could be doing in many aspects.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
First WI today and I'm down 7.4 pounds...
Waiting to hear from my mom who weighs in today for the first time also.
Here's to continued inspiration and big losses!

newmom7611
01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks Wuv- this makes me happy :) it literally tasted sweet to me (with just the natural flavor) I usually use 1 splenda per cup of tea, but not for that one :) thanks for the responses

iploser88
01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone! I had to come out of the shadows to say hi. I've enjoyed reading everyones comments on here, it has definitely encouraged me. I just had my 2nd WI and am down 3 lbs. Kind of disappointed since last weeks # was soo much higher. But it's great coming on here to see some people are kind of struggling like me and being able to see that it does indeed get better. Anyways can't wait to take this journey with you guys and hopefully can gain some knowledge and strength to keep pushing forward. Thank you all!

maykatcooper
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I have to agree with you on this. When I went to college in Florida I looked around and saw women who had lots of wrinkles and leathery looking skin..I decided right then I didn't want that and slathered on the sun screen and tried to take care of my skin. It's paid off...at 42 I look young ;)

alaskastarr it must be working 'cause honey you don't look 42! WOW! Keep up the great work!;)

stmpspaz
01-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Just finished dinner - I had the poppy seed chicken. 2nd night in a row - I love it, and plan to keep that recipe for ever. My son tried a bit and loved it too! I did change the recipe a little - I didn't add as much evoo to to it as I read somewhere in this forum that we should limit our oil (IP person never said a word) but it seems that all the recipes (dressings, etc) use oil!

Anyway - feel good tonight. Had the pickle between lunch and dinner as suggested, and a cup of manderin orange herbal tea. Did the trick on the hunger - just need to keep busy during that time now as I wasn't hungry - but *wanted* to eat!

Baby steps! Thanks for all the helpful hints! Will be having my raspberry jello in just a bit! :)

Patti

Danni1
01-12-2012, 09:43 PM
So proud of you right now!:carrot:

Thank you so much!!! It seems so easy with all of the support from this site. I must admit...I think I am addicted to this website. I check it at work, from my cell, at home...I used to be a facebook addict but I have changed to a 3FC addict!:dizzy:

stmpspaz
01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Couple more questions for the night.

1) I don't like cauliflower (actually - I don't like any cooked vegetables, but don't like cauliflower cooked or raw! LOL). I am missing having a side dish with my dinner (instead of salad and veggies). Someone once told me that the fake mashed potatoes using cauliflower doesn't taste like cauliflower. I would love feedback on if you think it does or not - and of course your favorite IP recipe for it (or link to a forum)

2) Found this recipe for Butterflied Pork Chops
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a-25.html#post3487484

I don't like mushrooms either! (I know... picky picky). Any other ideas to add to make a sauce?

Thanks so much everyone!!

Patti

4kiddos
01-12-2012, 10:14 PM

1) I don't like cauliflower (actually - I don't like any cooked vegetables, but don't like cauliflower cooked or raw! LOL). I am missing having a side dish with my dinner (instead of salad and veggies). Someone once told me that the fake mashed potatoes using cauliflower doesn't taste like cauliflower. I would love feedback on if you think it does or not - and of course your favorite IP recipe for it (or link to a forum)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a-25.html#post3487484

I don't like mushrooms either! (I know... picky picky). Any other ideas to add to make a sauce?

Patti

Patti ~ Funny thing is, I LOVE cauliflower. Cooked and raw both and I thought the cauliflower mashed potatoes were terrible! However, I know that others on here love it. I am pretty sure that Wuv makes them quite often. Maybe you need others opinions because that is just mine.

patns
01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I agree with you for a certain extent about using IP products etc. But, I don't use them simply because there's NO way in my financial situation in the near future that I can pay for the fees and high prices of the food. So I just get by with what I can. There are definitely very comparable things out there including supplements, but no there's nothing "identical" you just have to work a little harder to find them lol. But I do agree with you, but I just can't afford the plan with the cost of it. Point blank.

My financial situation is nowhere near my fault and is due to my husband being disabled, but that's a different story. But that's just my 2 cents. If I could afford the program, I would do it; but what I'm doing right now is working for me. About the Atkins thing, Atkins is different than IP by a good bit. I've looked into that as well, but this just seems to fit better [at least for me] .......

Don't apologize for not having enough money. Many people are using alternatives for many reasons. Sorry there is just no comparison to doing IP with alternatives and Atkins.

If you go to the first post of this daily thread each day there is a line that you can click that says for info on the phases of IP. There is actually lots of information about many things there. One thing is about using alternative products. There is a spreadsheet there that you can print off. It gives the "readings" for IP products and many alternative products.
I have done the program both ways, I know there are likely more nutrients in many of the IP products but the alternatives are fine too. The big difference I noticed is that the alternative packets don't work as well as the IP ones in many recipes on here which have been developed for IP packets.

Momto2cs
01-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Although I mainly use ip products, I see no reason why other low carb high protein options would be inadequate. The original protocol that ip is based on, from dr tran tien recommended using bulk protein powder if a good quality product was available. Many are. I often use that for my "snack" as it is quick and easy.

EmilySebetka
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM

The mashed cauliflower really doesn't taste like it has cauliflower in it. If I hadn't made it myself, I wouldn't have guessed it was cauliflower. I added the whole packet of chx soup, and that made it taste like the mashed taters my mom makes. It was very good, and extremely filling. I would recommend trying it, because if you don't like it, you're only out a few dollars. If you do like it, you have another food that you can eat for a couple days, or serve to others. Just make sure that you don't boil the cauliflower for too long, or accidentally get extra water into it.

Anyhoo...my vanilla peanut bar tastes like Nutter Butter to me now. I think it means I'm getting used to IP food. I also had the soy patty today for lunch... I'll think I'll try it again when I'm more acclimated. :^:

DanafromAustin
01-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey everyone! I had to come out of the shadows to say hi. I've enjoyed reading everyones comments on here, it has definitely encouraged me. I just had my 2nd WI and am down 3 lbs. Kind of disappointed since last weeks # was soo much higher. But it's great coming on here to see some people are kind of struggling like me and being able to see that it does indeed get better. Anyways can't wait to take this journey with you guys and hopefully can gain some knowledge and strength to keep pushing forward. Thank you all!

Generally the highest weight loss is always the first week, and less the second week. The average weight loss per week on IP is 3 to 4 pounds. I average a little over 3 pounds per week myself. It sounds like you had a very good WI the 2nd week. It's a great program and you sound like you are off to a great start.

licaba
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, my first WI is tomorrow AM. Exciting times. I have to say 7 days on this plan and I feel great! I am happier, not as tired during the day, not coming home from work tired and best of all my head is clear. I feel as though I was living in a fog before.

please God let this continue!

JKfromIL
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I hope everyone is having a good week. I braved some pretty slippery roads to make it to my WI today. Another 3.4 gone :)

happy2bme1
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Thank you so much!!! It seems so easy with all of the support from this site. I must admit...I think I am addicted to this website. I check it at work, from my cell, at home...I used to be a facebook addict but I have changed to a 3FC addict!:dizzy:

I absolutely agree with you. I have become addicted to this site. I check it several times a day and each time i learn something new and continue to be inspired to keep going. I have a long way to go but what helps to keep me on track is when I look at how many of you have stayed the course. keep up the great work everyone. we are on this journey together. :hug:

newmom7611
01-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Stmpspaz- what's this poppy seed chicken recipe you're talking about? I'm
always looking for new ways to cook chicken and that sounds pretty good.

DanafromAustin
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Well, my first WI is tomorrow AM. Exciting times. I have to say 7 days on this plan and I feel great! I am happier, not as tired during the day, not coming home from work tired and best of all my head is clear. I feel as though I was living in a fog before.

please God let this continue!

As long as you stay OP it will continue. I've done low carb in the past and what I missed most when I fell off of the wagon was the clear head, mental well being and energy I have when in ketosis. My DH who has never needed to lose weight, and has never experienced ketosis. I've tried to explain to him that when I am in ketosis my whole being just feels more evenly balanced. No sugar/bad carbs to cause those big mood swings people feel when eating unhealthy food.

wuv2bloved
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM

Patti

you can also make cauliflower rice, put your 2 cups in a mini chopper, chop it to the consistency of where it looks like rice. Cook in the mircowave for 4 mins in a covered dish(no water) season to taste :)

When I make my mashed faux tatars I don't make them mushy just really soft then add Land o lakes sprinkles to it :)

I never liked mushrooms either but now I eat them...haha....my boys freaked out when I ordered a skrew of them the other night with dinner. They said MOM you don't LIKE mushrooms...I said well watch and learn....hahaha....Your taste buds change after awhile, you will be surprised some things you disliked before you will like now :)

stmpspaz
01-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Stmpspaz- what's this poppy seed chicken recipe you're talking about? I'm
always looking for new ways to cook chicken and that sounds pretty good.

I found it in the forums - here it is:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland-8.html>
SWEET LEMON POPPYSEED CHICKEN
Ingredients

Chicken Breasts
Poppyseeds
1-2 TB Lemon Juice (I use fresh lemon)
2 TB Olive Oil
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
Sea Salt, white pepper
Other spices to taste (ie., Mrs Dash/ Herbamare, thyme)

Directions
1. Add the oil, 1 TB lemon juice, sweetener, pinch of sea salt, white pepper and whatever other herbs you are using in a bowl. Mix til blended
2. Add chicken and let marinate for 5-45 minutes.
3. Take chicken out of marinade and sprinkle on both sides with poppy seeds (approx 1-2 tsp per breast is average, but its to your taste)
4. Grill chicken either on a barbeque (preferred) or in a non-stick frying pan.
5. Right before taking from the pan, spinkle again generously with the remaining lemon juice.

This is excellent alone or on a salad.

maykatcooper
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM
I found it in the forums - here it is:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland-8.html>
SWEET LEMON POPPYSEED CHICKEN
Ingredients

Chicken Breasts
Poppyseeds
1-2 TB Lemon Juice (I use fresh lemon)
2 TB Olive Oil
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
Sea Salt, white pepper
Other spices to taste (ie., Mrs Dash/ Herbamare, thyme)

Directions
1. Add the oil, 1 TB lemon juice, sweetener, pinch of sea salt, white pepper and whatever other herbs you are using in a bowl. Mix til blended
2. Add chicken and let marinate for 5-45 minutes.
3. Take chicken out of marinade and sprinkle on both sides with poppy seeds (approx 1-2 tsp per breast is average, but its to your taste)
4. Grill chicken either on a barbeque (preferred) or in a non-stick frying pan.
5. Right before taking from the pan, spinkle again generously with the remaining lemon juice.

This is excellent alone or on a salad.

Boy I hope I'm not a total kill joy but check with your coaches about all seeds... Mine considers them off limits just like nuts. I google replacements often and have found some pretty good subs.:dizzy:

doublebaby
01-13-2012, 02:05 AM

Thank you SomedayBubblySomeday for getting back to Mustang Molly and Marcella about this recipe. With being out of town I did not notice the question earlier and wasn't trying to ignore or anything.

This recipe was done by mistake first of all if you read the daily chat for 1-11, page 2.
I originally added just under 2oz of water to a package of chocolate drink mix (thinking it was a choc pancake mix). Mixed it up, sprayed two muffin cups with Pam spray, poured batter in evenly and baked in preheated oven for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. When I took it out the inside was nice and gooey and reminded me of a truffle! They came out of the pan just great. I mentioned my faux paux on the boards and SomedayBubblySomeday was going to try it and added additional goodness to the recipe as follows: 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 stevia packets. She then put them in three foil muffin cups at 350 degrees for 7 minutes and says they remind her of chocolate lava brownies!

It is only a chocolate drink packet so I see no reason why you can't have these nice little treats. Enjoy!

alaskastarr
01-13-2012, 03:25 AM
alaskastarr it must be working 'cause honey you don't look 42! WOW! Keep up the great work!;)

Awww thank you very much :o I know it can be a pain, but it's worth it, now to just work on these pesky pounds...

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
It is only a chocolate drink packet so I see no reason why you can't have these nice little treats. Enjoy!

I made them again last night and I am hooked! They are such a nice treat for dessert and since I am trying to do a non-restricted week, they are perfect. They've made me soooooo happy! I can't wait to order some DaVinci peanut butter syrup and see how great they will be then!!!

licaba
01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks... I was such carb-aholic I had no idea how much it was affecting my body, even the way I think! My DH has noticed how much more "stable" (lol) I've been this week

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I made them again last night and I am hooked! They are such a nice treat for dessert and since I am trying to do a non-restricted week, they are perfect. They've made me soooooo happy! I can't wait to order some DaVinci peanut butter syrup and see how great they will be then!!!

Oh my, I did not know DaVinci has a peanut butter syrup. I will be getting some for sure. I can't wait to try these with some WF caramel syrup. Thanks for the info.