WW Clubs and Groups - #273 Bale of Turtles Actually Doing This!!!!!

Itryharder
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi Gals,
There are so many inspirational posts in #272 and I thought about not starting a new thread, but we had gotten very long. I, for one, am going back to read the latest posts to absorb some of that support and goodness.

About me: I have been yo-yo=ing for a few months now. When I started JC, I was beside myself and was able to lose the top 15# that really bothered me. Now somehow I lost my mojo and have decided to switch back to WW to try something new to continue my weight loss. (Now that my hives are gone I find I can lose weight again. I had simply started adding in foods that were too high in calories........and guess what?......that doesn't work.)

Looking forward to lots more good posts. We can do this!
Love,
Judy
234.6/?/179 by end of January :cool: Goal in 2012!!!!!

KimL1214
01-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Taylorsjourney~ Haha, I like that, picturing fat oozing all over the food. Awesome job with the new DVD!!! How did Zumba go?

bandit2~ I know what you mean about strange weather! We normally have at least 2 feet of snow at this time of year, and I might have an inch at my house!

terrod99~ Yay for feeling less bloated and having a workout buddy!!!

CherryAutumn~ I haven't heard of any games in particular, but I have been to Zumba classes before and they are a lot of fun! I bet some of the games are entertaining as well!

loose seal~ You must be excited to have the garage done! I love the feeling of clothes starting to get loose!

Itryharder~ :wave: We posted about the same time! I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time, but you will prevail and push through this! :hug:

So I ended up having some side effects on Sunday night and ended up having some massive menstrual bleeding (sorry if TMI, it's been like this since the cancer). It's very hard to control, so I ended up leaving early, rather then risk bleeding through my clothes. In a way it was a good thing, as I was definitely eying the mozzarella sticks... but I left before I got too tempted to order them! I made a sweet Italian turkey sausage stir fry early Sunday afternoon and put it on a bed of brown rice pilaf. I ended up having that for dinner and lunch yesterday, and was pretty impressed! I only used 1 tbsp. of olive oil to saute a bunch of onions, peppers and pea pods, and then added 2 tbsp. of soy sauce and a teaspoon of Garlic seasoning. I ended up splitting it into three servings, so I still have one left. I didn't want to get to the point where I was sick of it though, so I brought something else for lunch today and plan on having that tomorrow.
I have to travel with the boys bball team tonight, so I will be faced with McDonald's once again. Unfortunately I know the area around this McDonald's and I will be unable to substitute Subway, and I have yet to find something that will survive 14 hours without the need of a microwave that I can take with me for the games. I'm not a big fan of sandwiches, which is why Subway was a whim and tends to be very rare. The other problem is how cold the bus is, eating cold food on top of it will give me the chills. Anyways, I need to learn how to be able to eat at places like this. I did bring celery and carrots to munch on though, and have downloaded that nutrition facts for McDonald's on to my iPhone so I can pick from there. I'm hoping that this McDonald's offers the southwest salad, as that is pretty good!
Have a good day everyone!!!

bandit2
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - As you know, I also rejoined ww after being away for quite awhile.
I think every now & then we just have to change things up & I figured
new year, new start, new plan couldn't hurt. I am in the mood for some
crockpot recipes that are point friendly.

Kim - eating out is always a challenge. How about a thermos filled with some good soup or chili. I used to enjoy a Wendys garden salad with small chili poured over the top - very good.

So I have been reading lots about new ww & doing good. I still can't wrap my head around zero foods of any kind so have not been overdoing it there.
Have stayed away from the office goodies so feel great about that.

All - hope everyone has a great week at the scale.

loose seal
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
bandit -- whenever I eat at Wendys (like, seriously, once every 3 years or something) I always get the salad and use the chilli as the dressing too!

Kim -- I hope the bleeding has subsided by now. My TOM has gotten weird as I've gotten older and well . . yeah, sometimes I can't even leave the house it gets so bad. Do men know how easy they have it? lol Am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Itry -- I was on WW twice; once when I was 15 (I was mortified) and again about 15 years ago. Now I'm counting calories on my own . . . which is how I always viewed WW except that they counted the calories for you and condensed them into a much easier and more user-friendly form (points). For me, it works. I can control the calories that I fuel my body with and it helps me to keep paying attention. When I stop paying attention is when the clothes get tight.

Garage is uber wonderful . . . I can actually find things now, washed all the rags that had been sitting dirty (because I had no place to put them when clean) and they all fit in the smaller storage cabinet, and have utilized the big storage cabinet I bought for extra food. I started couponing smartly over the summer (thx Extreme Couponing) and ran out of room for stuff. Now it all has its own little home. Sweet. Took a storage unit that had been holding discarded toys and repurposed it to hold shoes that used to be discarded all over the house and now go in their new home in the garage. No more shoes in the house, no more me tripping over them!

Let's all keep plugging away like that little turtle and we will reach our goal!

terrod99
01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Week is going fast, Y x 2 for me so far t his week!!!! 1 hour od cardio each time.

Bandit/Kim The weather is the water cooler gossip here it is so strange, we have no snow only a trace here and there.

Judy/Bandit Did the WW program change there was talk in the fall of the points changing? I need some shaking up the old WW just wasn't working I loose 10 lbs and then thats it!!

loose seal I have been doing cleaning and purging getting rid of stuff! Feels good the computer area had been soo bad now it is tidy!!

Have a great day gals Friday is in sight!!! Keep at it!

Terri

Itryharder
01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Turtles,
I am so impressed with you all decluttering and organizing and cleaning up.
Weigh to go.......spelled that way because I think all that movement counts as exercise.

I feel good this morning. Making a decision to change up my program again is a good one. I promised myself that if my weight loss stalled, I would do something else and that's what I'm doing. JC helped me to see how small my portions should be to lose weight. Invaluable info.

Can't comment on individuals now, but you're doing great. Have a wonderful OP day and let's kick this new year off right.
Judy
234.6/?/179 and thinner :cool:

KimL1214
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Itryharder~ A big reason why I am using Lean Cuisine's and Progresso Light Soups is so I can learn what my portion sizes really should be, so it's good to hear that JC was effective in doing so, as it means I might really be learning something!

terrod99~ Awesome job at the Y!!! We have a "big" storm coming tomorrow night, so we'll see if things are going to start to change or not...

loose seal~ Getting shoes out of the house was one of the best things I did a few weeks ago! I used to trip over them all the time, and they're all kept in the closet on my new porch (although the porch still needs to be finished, I can now keep some stuff out there).

bandit2~ I need to sit down and just read through all the new WW stuff. I think we only have one more bball trip where McDonald's will be involved, so if I can get through that one, then I will be good until baseball season! Hopefully by baseball I will have such a good routine going that I won't be as tempted while I'm there.

I'm struggling today. I'm not sure what's going on, but I everything I see, I want. I think I'm starting to feel a little deprived and need to figure out a way I can satisfy some of my cravings while making sure that I don't go overboard (which is a huge problem for me). I really want pizza. I was thinking about hitting the grocery store and getting ingredients to make my own pizza and salad tonight. Maybe I'll go shop the Lean Cuisine Pizza section and see what they got for me. I know I can do this, I just need to get my goals and reasons for wanting to lose weight right in front of me to help get over this! I want to wear tall boots next winter! I can't do that if my calves are huge and I gorge myself on food!

bandit2
01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Kim - something to satisfy pizza craving is pita pizzas.
Use a pita instead of dough and put whatever you like on top & bake.
These are really good!

Itryharder
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Terri, the WW program changed to Points Plus. WW evaluated what people were doing, realized they were eating too many carbs and snacks for good weight loss (at least in my mind this is what they did ) and recalculated foods giving higher points to those foods with sugar and fat, and lower points plus for lean protein and fiber. For example, on old WW a vita-top was one point. the new count for the same item is 3 points plus. Many snacks went up in points plus. WW did increase the number of points plus most members could have and they have just adjusted here in the USA again and dropped the points plus. This sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. Another thing: all fresh, raw fruit came in at zero points plus as long as you were hungry, not just noshing. This reads as clear as mud.
I'm trying WW today and yesterday and feel good. I'm tracking on my e-tools and I'm within my points plus for today.

I need to boost my exercise, but I hope my Friday WI for our Valentine's Challenge will be a good WI.

Lots of luck to us all. We are doing this! :cheer:
Judy
234.6/?/179 and thinner :cool:

Itryharder
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi Turtles,
Have a great day. This is my second day on WW's and I'm doing well. I tracked on the e-tools and the food was good. I need to make sure I don't eat the cashews my husband needs to keep in the house, or the pretzels for that matter. Planning to eat 3 meals, 3 snacks and follow the JC outline while using my own food. Portion control is key for me since I like to cook.

Hey,
Here's a recipe for a vegetable barley casserole I made yesterday and thought was great. It's on WW's site. I changed it a bit and I'll give you my changes.

Serves 6 4 points plus/serving

2t. canola oil
1 small uncooked onion, chopped
1 small can chopped mushrooms, drained
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 c. frozen corn kernals, thawed and drained
3 c. frozen spinach, thawed
15 oz. crushed tomatoes
2 c. cooked barley
1/4t.cumin
1/4t.oregano
1/2 t. salt
1/4t. black pepper
2 sprays Pam
1/2c. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (as sharp as you can buy)

Preheat oven to 350.
Heat oil in large skillet over med. heat. Add onion, garlic, corn and spinach. Cook stirryin frequently until onion is translucent---about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, barley, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat through.

Coat a 2 1/2-3quart bading dish with Pam. Spoon mix into dish in an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts and mixture is hot, about 25-30 minutes.
Let stand for 5 minutes to set up. Slice into six pieces. Yields 1/per serving for 4 points plus each.

WW suggests adding canned black beans to make the dish heartier and that would increase the points plus value per serving.

Hope you like it. I had a stuffed pepper with it and was nice and full.
Here's :cheers: for a great day. :chef:

Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool: Goal met in 2012!!!!! I'm doing this
My goal is 145. My personal goal would be 135, but we'll see how I do.

terrod99
01-13-2012, 08:12 AM
TGIF Turtles!!!! Its been a long week!!!!

Kim/Judy I have a huge problem with portion sizes, I know some people use a med size plate, not sure it would stop me from getting more!!! I need self control!! I love to cook and have a thin husband, he gained 5 lbs on vacation but it is gone already. Will check out the WW online stuff I really need some accountability to someone! Someone weighing me WW would be good for this.
Bandit hope you are having a great week, winter has finally arrived!!! I hate it!!! but will suffer through spring is in sight!!

You other gals check in when you can, just keep at it!!!
Remember this is our year we are doing this!!

Terri

Itryharder
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Terri, I bet you're a good cook. Portion size is so tough when the food is good and you just want more. These ideas I have, I bet you've tried, but just in case you haven't:
1. sip a cup of boullion right before dinner
2. have a salad cover 1/2 your plate
3. leave the cooked food in the pots and eat in another room
4. tell yourself, "this is the amount of food I need to keep me healthy."
(lol, that's my positive way of saying no more seconds!!)
5. if your dh is still munching away and your food is gone, would a cup of tea or coffee or even a piece of fruit satisfy you while you keep him company?
6. My JC counselor suggested I portion out my home cooked food into a saved plastic microwave dish from a JC dinner to remind myself just how small an amt. of food I should be eating. So, you could buy a lean cuisine or ww dinner, eat it, wash out the container and keep it in your cupboard. I was really surprised at how little I needed to eat to lose weight. But it did work. Also, eating something every 2-3 hours made me less starving at dinner time and that helped too.

Whew!!!!! These are some ideas. :idea: Turtles, what else do you do to keep portions under control? Hey, I'm going to work on following some of my own advice. Lol.

Yesterday was another good day. Have to still fit :exercise: in. It's not a habit with me. ONce the weather got cold we gave up our boardwalk walks and now I'm doing nothing again.

WI this morning over at our other thread
Valentine's Day Challenge. See you all there!!!!!
Judy
234.6/?have to weigh myself/179 and thinner :cool:

bandit2
01-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Morning turtles:

Snowey day up here but just what they said, so no surprises. Its Canada, its winter - its going to snow.

Was down 1# last night at my Tops weigh in so going in right direction.

As far as portion sizes, I weigh & measure things. Also for my evening meal I feel I need seconds, and my rule is my seconds are veggies only and that seems to work for me. I think it is the idea of going back & getting more no matter what it is. Anyway, just a thought.

Making beef stew today, staying in and looking through my recipes.
Bought a butternut squash to make a soup this Sunday to have with my lunches during the week. Works out to 2 pp per cup.

Have a nice Friday!

loose seal
01-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Taking the pupperonies out for a walk soon. It's freakin' cold and winnndyy out there . . . blech, I hate walking in this weather. But they didn't get to go on a walk yesterday, too much rain. Guess I just gotta get up offa this here sofa and just do it, huh? Oh, the pain! :lol:

Have been OP all week, got all my exercise in and am enjoying the silence in the house. It's short lived so I'm soaking it up! Have a great weekend all and remember to stay OP. Eat protein and good carbs to stave off the hungries between meals.

loose seal
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Down 2 lbs. from last Sat.! :carrot:

KimL1214
01-15-2012, 01:44 AM
bandit2~ I like the pita idea for pizzas! I'll grab some later this week when I do my grocery shopping! We got a nice little storm yesterday, only 3-4 inches in the end with about a half inch of ice mixed in. Only -6 out right now, not including the wind... my dog gave me the funniest look when I tried to get her to go outside...

Itryharder~ The veggie-barley casserole looks tasty! What recipe do you use to make stuffed peppers? I love stuffed peppers, but have never taken the time to make them myself.

terrod99~ When I moved into my grandfather's house, I inherited his dishes which all were made in the '50s and '60s. It's entertaining to compare these plates to plates we make now-a-days as there is a HUGE difference. When I make meals for myself I try to use the smaller dishes instead, but I still have a tendency to overdo it. My food scale is now a permanent fixture on my kitchen counter to help keep me from over eating.

loose seal~ Congrats on the 2lbs.!!!

Rough week for me. I slacked on my plan for a few days, but got back with it today and was 100% OP. Amazing how much better I feel too! I wish I could hold on to this feeling whenever I want to cheat or skip a workout! I'm waiting for my blanket to dry right now which is why the late night. I'm cooking dinner for my parents tomorrow night, so I have spent a lot of time tonight trying to figure out a good meal that my dad won't complain about... he's a meat, potatoes, kind of guy. I'm thinking roasted veggies and bbq chicken. I was also going to look up the recipe for mashed cauliflower, as I remember really liking the WW recipe for it! Enjoy the rest of your weekends! Weigh in day for me tomorrow!

Itryharder
01-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Bandit :bravo: for the :goodscale: Weigh to go! The plan works when we work the plan.

Loose, :cheer: for the :goodscale: You're rocking it! WEigh to go!

Gals, we're doing great.

Kim, the barley veggie casserole was surprisingly good. As far as the stuffed peppers, I don't have a real recipe, but my best friend in WW's does this to cut back the points: no rice----then plenty of veggies----zucchini, garlic, tops of peppers, eggplant, and loads of mushrooms----saute with 1/2 the amt. of chopped meat you would usually use. She adds some tomato sauce and raisins (to sweeten it) then adds Mediteranean spices like curry and cumin and oregano to make it extra tasty. She parboils or sautes the peppers first. Sautes the chopped meat and veggies and fills the peppers, then bakes. She'll take the tiniest amt. of parmesan cheese, grated, maybe 1T. and sprinkles it over the stuffed peppers and gets the most amazing dish. I'll see if I can be more specific, but the main idea is very little meat, lots of veggies and roast the whole mix in the oven after you've sauteed the above mix.

Today I made 3 new chicken dishes. I'll let you guys know if any of them are worth repeating.
Also, yesterday my dh and family all went to NYC to see Spiderman. My older daughter and I took a photo with Spiderman and it's so funny! The show was fabulous and if there's a road tour I would heartily recommend you going. It's not MacBeth or even anything else, but there's a little plot and a lot of music and a lot of Spiderman flying around the theatre and an awful lot of fun.

Today wasn't great. We thought my dh lost his wallet yesterday. Turned up in the most unexpected place, but we had already cancelled bank and credit cards. We're delighted to have it, but it sure put a kibosh on our day. Now we've got our grandson here because his mom, our dd, is sick and we'll keep him overnight. We love having him here-----just not expected.

Okay, food, believe it or not, has been okay. Plotting it out and recording it before I eat it and checking back to see what I can have works out for me.
I'll weigh myself tomorrow to get a handle on what the weekend did, but I'm counting on it being pretty goo.

Exercise is still non-existent, but at least I got my house clean. LOL.

Gotta run. Here's good vibes to everyone.

Thanks for continuing to chime in. The Turtles are definitely making goals this year. I love the photo of that tiny turtle.
Judy
234.6/18?/179 and thinner by Valentine's Day :cool:

terrod99
01-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Hey All Happy Monday!

Have a bit of a cold!! Yuk, anyway, ate really well all weekend, make a good hamburger cabbage soup yestersday so will have it for lunch this week.

Someone was saying how amazing we feel when we exercise and eat well! That is so true!! I feel so much better at the moment! Less bloated! Proud of myself!!! Pat on the back for me!!

We must keep reminding ourself that yes this is it!! It is happening now!!

Terri

Itryharder
01-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Yay Terri!
Judy

loose seal
01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Most everyone is off here today for MLK day . . . cripes, weren't they just all home for over a week for Christmas break?! lol So slept in later than normal and am about to go exercise. Ate higher cals (but within my range) the past two days on purpose, then am dropping back down to the 1400 range that I normally eat in to see if that will jolt the scale more by the end of the week. Made homemade baked ziti last night . . omg, so good! Needing the treadmill today!

bandit2
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone - just chugging along up here trying to staying OP and doing pretty good overall.

Terri - hope you are feeling better, I had a cold last week but didn't last long so was glad of that.

Judy - new recipes are always welcome, so hope yours was yummy!

Kim - I ended up making a tortilla pizza after reading about your cravings and it was really good.

Loose seal - congrats on your weigh loss this week!

Princess - how are you doing? Still crazy busy?

It is warming up abit next few days which is great since it was friggin freezing especially last Sat. But we have been so lucky can't complain.

I have done well this week overall with staying OP. Had few extras on weekend, but had the points for that which is nice. So far, liking the new
WW plan.

All - good luck at the scales!

life4evr
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone my eating has been so far today. I am going to try to incorporate exercise next week. I have two quizzes in the next two days so wish me luck. Hope everyone has a good day.

Itryharder
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Bandit, thanks for the note of encouragement here. Somehow I thought the cold rainy weather was an invite to overeat. Made a problem with eating too little early in the day, stopped for a buttered roll on my way back from writing and never got back on track. Tomorrow's another day, but I'm tired of not losing weight again. i feel like I weigh 4000 pounds.....Well, I need better sleep and I know I'll wake up tomorrow raring to go again.

Life4evr, good luck on your tests tomorrow. We're all pulling for you. You can do this. :bravo: on eating well. Always like to hear good news.
Judy

KimL1214
01-17-2012, 11:21 PM
life4evr~ Good luck on your quizzes! What forms of exercise are you thinking?

bandit2~ Awesome job staying OP! What type of toppings do you like to put on your tortilla pizzas?

loose seal~ How did today go? What did you put in your ziti? I love pasta and am always trying to find healthy ways to incorporate it in my diet!

terrod99~ I hope you're feeling better!!!

Itryharder~ Sorry to hear about the wallet disaster! Thank you so much for the stuffed pepper ideas! Looks amazing and definitely something I will try soon! If you like any of the chicken recipes, let us know!

Alright, sooooooooo... I hit a new number Sunday!!! Not only did I see a new number, but I ALSO busted my monthly goal of 8lbs. and hit 10lbs. on Sunday! I was afraid it might be a fluke, but I then saw it again yesterday!
Then my friend got her sentence in jail, and I snacked way too much on the ride home. Thing is, when I think about it, I feel like I snacked too much, but it was nothing like it would have been one year ago. Progress has been made, but emotional eating... I gotta keep working on that!
Have a good night everyone!

life4evr
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM
So today has been good so far. I have managed to track everything i have eaten so far. I even managed to get breakfast. Umm I feel so so about the test this morning.

Kim I am not sure what kind of exercise. I seriously don't like to exercise so that is the problem I am having.

Hope everyone has a good day.

loose seal
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Kim -- super on the 10lbs!! How great does that feel??

I used the ziti recipe from the Mueller pasta box (looked it up online) but used Barilla pasta cause I like it better. Also used about 1/2 jar of Ragu that was open and a whole jar of Barilla Roasted Garlic sauce. Yum. I used to use Giada DeLaurentis' baked ziti and meatballs recipe but it made wayyyyyyyyy tooooooo much (like tons too much) for us and was too saucy. I try to avoid pasta cause I think it makes me bloaty. I think there's still a wee bit left and boy would I love to have that for lunch tomorrow. But the scale hasn't budged since Sat for me, despite being totally OP with food and exercise so . . we'll see.

Just plugging along here, feeling very blech today after a lousy day yesterday and this morning (not food-wise just life-wise). Really want it to be 9pm so I can just crawl under the covers.

bandit2
01-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi turtles

Kim - nice job on your weight loss. The tortilla pizza I made last week
had pizza sauce, green peppers, onions, turkey pepperoni, sliced grape tomatoes and mozzerella cheese. I didn't have any mushrooms or would have added those as well.

Judy - just keep at it, you are doing great. Thats the nice thing about a new day - we get to start fresh. So how did your chicken recipes turn out?

Loose seal - hope you feel more perky tomorrow.

Staying OP but not exercising this week - just too tired at days end.

Booked a trip to Florida for end of Feb, so that will be nice

OK, on BL I was surprised with who got sent home. Thought for sure it would be Nancy. Can't believe how hard they work on that ranch.

Have a good Wed evening!

terrod99
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey All!

Still battling the cold bug!! I think I am over the hump and see the light at the end of the illness tunnel.. Needless to say I have not hit the gym, but on the other hand I haven't ate too much either! Have been trying to up the water intake.

Glad you all are keepin at it!!!

Terri

loose seal
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Well one of our dvd recorders broke yesterday. It no longer reads disks. It's all of 3 years old at most. I hate that they make all this stuff just cheap p.o.s.

Better day today (although now have cramps. ugh!) but the storm that was here has passed.

Still staying OP very well and need to go eat b-fast, walk the dogs, shower and get my butt to the grocery store.

Itryharder
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Kim, congrats on your fabulous weight loss. :goodscale: Weigh to go, Girl!
:bravo: :cheer: and all the best. Keep it up. so sorry about your friend. Emotional eating is tough......but you are getting a handle on it.

To everyone else: love you all. Recovering from a very nasty stomach bug---don't want to give you tmi, so I'll stop now and go rest. Let's just say the scale will be down for tomorrow's Valentine Challenge WI.
See you all there.
Judy

terrod99
01-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey All Friday is here!!!

Bandit how do you like the snow it is finally here!!! Your trip to Florida must be looking pretty good right now!!!

Life did you get your test results yet? I am sure you did great!!!

Judy hope you are feeling better. Awful way for a loss at the scale but we'll take it eh!!!

Go Kim !!!!!! Yeah for you!

Everyone have a great day and see you at the weekly check in today!!!!

Terri

Itryharder
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Gals,
I've signed in over at our Valentine's Day Challenge. It feels good to see the scale moving down instead of up. Yay.

Good luck to all of us.
Princess, hope you've got some relaxation figured into your weekend.
Taylor and Jar, how are you guys doing?
Cherry, how is your gall bladder situation doing? I know your weight is doing great. it's so good to see.
Best of everything to all of us. Bandit, and Life and KimL and the bunch.
We really are champions!!!!
JUdy
234.6/183/179 and thinner to goal.

bandit2
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi turtles:

Terri - yes, the snow has arrived. My Tops meeting was cancelled last night due to the weather. I didn't find it bad driving when I did, but it was bursts of whiteouts from time to time. I was at office at that time. Anyway,
got out bowling later in evening, so that as fun.

Judy - glad you are feeling better and scale moving in right direction.

Doing some errands then making butternut squash soup to have on hand.
Bought a bbq chicken on way home last night to have something OP handy
for the weekend. Weekends are my biggest challenge, so need to work on being better prepared.

Turned down dinner invitation - making it my "policy" not to dine out until I drop some weight (unless I can't escape it) and goal this week is to get backing walking.

All - lets do it!!!

Itryharder
01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Bandit, your and my stats are so close. We can do this! I love it when you get all inspired and strong because that helps me too!

Hey Turtles, how are you doing? Is this New Year starting out the way you wanted? Let us know.

Judy
234.6/183/179 and closer to goal :cool:

loose seal
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Guess what I did?

I FIXED THE DVD RECORDER!!

Unhooked everything, took of the cover, took off the front cover, put in 'Elf', pushed play and the darn thing started working. Had the unit upended because the front panel is attached to the machine via a cable so I was trying to see if I could see anything inside and it started working like normal. Turned it off/on and opened/closed/play the dvd buttons like 10 times and it worked. Hooked everything back up again and . . . didn't work. Unhooked everything again and was typing up some questions on an AVS forum I found when I decided to jiggle the cables. Sure enough, one of the cables on the side was the culprit. It's those flat cables that are soddered to circuitry at either end. Jiggle, try dvd - it works, jiggle, try dvd - it doesn't work ... back and forth until I'm satisfied. Put the case back on but only put two screws back in (thinking maybe the case was pressing against the cable), hooked it all back up and it's working as it should. If it stops working again I"m hoping I can just undo the one side screw and jiggle the cable without unhooking it all again.

:D

KimL1214
01-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey ladies, sorry to be MIA. One of my recent health issues is severe menorrhagia and these last two days have been exhausting. I'm giving myself until later today (as it's 2:30 AM now) and if it doesn't get better, ER here I come... Which unfortunately means hormone therapy... which has the main side effect of weight gain, AWESOME! I'll check back in when I get through this!!!

Itryharder
01-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Bandit, I love to bowl! :cheer:
Life, :balloons: on tracking. That's :bravo:
Loose, wow, you are a handy gal. Actually fixing something. That's a great concept! :cheer:
Kim, I hope your body straightened itself out and you didn't need the ER.
I'm sending :goodvibes:
To all of us, have a great weekend.
We're looking at our first snow since Halloween which has been a wonderful break. However, it looks like it'll be more than a few inches here. Luckily I've got projects I can do and a book I can read. For you book lovers, I just read State of Wonder by Anne Patchett. It was strange, but it you're up for suspending disbelief, I think you'd like it. i know I did.
Princess, hope you've got a relaxing weekend ahead. How's that grandbaby?

I lost another pound yesterday, so I have to keep this trend going. I am determined to break this decade by Valentine's Day.
Cherry, how are you and your family?

Best to all of us!!!! Terri, hope your cold is over. Let's have another great week. If you're not quite feeling it, because I wasn't, just do it! Baby step your way through this.

Judy
234.6/182/179 and on to goal in 2012! :cool:

loose seal
01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Kim -- I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Hopefully it will ease and you won't need the ER. :hug: Isn't there anything besides hormone therapy that would help? Even being on BC pill (unless that's included in the def. of hormone therapy?) Good luck!

Itry -- I'm very good at fixing things but to fix anything electronic? Never, ever happens. Just got lucky that it was a loose cable that responded to mah jiggling! lol

I'm down another 2 lbs this morning! :carrot: Been really sticking to it . . . am going to do what I did last weekend/week . . . eat higher cals (but below my maintenance) today and tomorrow then back down again near the 1400 cals/day range Mon-Fri. :crossed:

Itryharder
01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Loose, you are doing great!!!!!! :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheer:
Weigh to go!!!!! A two pound a week weight loss is phenomenal. Yay!
Judy

CherryAutumn
01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Guess i got behind on the challenge so I tried to catch up on the other thread. Gallbladder is better and have it under control but probably something i will always have to keep in mind while eating. This week I lost
-3.8 Right now having to eat real small meals i am struggling to meet daily points but i am doing my best.

life4evr
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone. My first two test went great. The last one not so much. Nothing she actually went over was on the test. My eating has been horrible this weekend.

Kim hope you feel better. I know how exhausting that can be. Just dropping in real quick back to the world of school, work, and studying.

I have to weigh myself tomorrow I forgot to weigh myself.

Everyone have a good evening.

terrod99
01-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey All Welcome Monday!!!

Am off to the Y so just checking in to report that!!!
Busy weekend doing house stuff!! Did make another pot of cabbage/veg soup with some lean ground chicken. Glad everyone (I think) had a minute to check in on weekend! Not Princess we know you are busy!!! Stop by when you can.

Heres to us all having a great week!

Terri

Itryharder
01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Cherry, you're having great weight loss success. So glad to hear gallbladder is under control. Good for you!!!!! :goodscale:

Life, keep on keepin' on with all you're doing: school, work, and WW's. It's what we do over the long run that counts, right? :goodvibes:

Terri, weigh to go with getting to the Y. :exercise: is so important!

I am hanging in there. Got back on the :tread: for the first time is ages.
Plan to do that again today. I don't know why I fight it so much since I really don't mind it at all once I start walking. Food was very good this weekend and I'm hoping for a good WI on Wed.

Let's keep on keepin' on! Good luck to all of us.
Judy
234.6/182/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
01-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!

I have been MIA lately and I am very sorry about that... work has taken over my life for now but am trying to get it all figured out.

I am way out of touch and don't have time to catch up now... I need to get ready and head out to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Princess, know we're all pulling for you. This job must be something else, but I know you'll get it taken care of. Wishing you all the best and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/182/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012! (If I keep writing it maybe I can make it happen ) :cool:

terrod99
01-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Princess glad to hear from you hope you're keepin at it!!! We are thinking of you!

All hope you are having a great week!!! 2x to YMCA for me, have upped the water intake and still having challenges with food but staying postive!!!

Lets keep at it gals! We are half way through the week!!

Terri

Itryharder
01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
We can do this! Terri, appreciated that uplifting note. :cheer:

I'm just back from WW WI and I think this is the lowest I have been in this journey. I weighed 182.4# (in my WI clothes, Lol) and am very ready to head into the next decade of weight. What is helping me right now? When I make foods, I freeze the leftovers in portions to get later in the week or so.
In the past when I was grazing, I'd see those foods and eat them. Didn't work even though they were healthy foods----too much to eat. Also, I had to cut back on the amt. of all foods including veggies. i know not everyone needs to be as strict, but this is what is helping me right now.

What are you guys doing? I know you all exercise a lot more than I do. Yay!
:tread: :exercise: :swim:

Good luck to us all! We are doing this.

Onward and downward . I'd love to make my goal this year.
Judy
234.6/182.4/179 and thinner :cool:

loose seal
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Itry -- whoot, whoot! WTG! :carrot: Feels good, doesn't it?

Mostly I'm just trying to keep my head down and my mind focused. I do exercise nearly everyday, and yes that helps . . . but I exercise because I like how it makes me feel rather than as an extra calorie burn. It was, is and always will be about the food for me . . . just paying attention is half the battle. I always have that nagging in my head that I will start mindlessly eating again and not be able to stop. And yes, sometimes I miss mindlessly eating . . . . :dizzy:

life4evr
01-26-2012, 12:03 AM
One test down this semester. Eleven more to go. My eating has been so so. My eating during clinicals were great. Today was another story. Having some health issues so my eating is the first thing that goes out the window. Hope everyone is well.

The goal for next week is me actually tracking and exercising.

terrod99
01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
TGIF

Freezing rain here, school buses cancelled, didnt go to Y, it is changing over to rain. Salter just went by, off to work.

Life routine really helps, I understand why your eating is better during
clinicals, just take it one day at a time! You are going to make it!!!

Judy portion control is a big issue for me too! I am just not ready to get the measuring cups out but I know I need to do that!!!

Terri

bandit2
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Morning turtles

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, doing great! Go idea to be freezing
some leftovers & I agree even though we have healthy foods on hand,
eating too much of a good thing doesn't help with weight loss. Problem for me throwing out food, so eat through the stuff & lots of times just too much.

Life - good luck with your tests and try to stay on some kind of schedule with your meals & even though pre-cooking/planning sounds like lots of work,
it really save times & $$$.

Terri - I woke up to regular rain & now it is snowing, overcast & dreary.
I am use to weighing/measuring things so that doesn't bother me. I leave
measuring things in basket & my scale on counter, so easy to get at them. If I had to haul eveything out, then that would be a different story.
Another thing that helps is portioning things out after they are cooked &
keep in see through containers. Then I know beforehand how many points/calories everything is. Makes it easier to try & track it all.

Anyway, I stayed same at my weigh in which was for past 2 weeks, since
w/i cancelled last week. My exercise hasn't been great & my walking membership has expired. Some nights by time I get home it is too cold to want to go back out. At my meeting they were talking about walking tapes
& I have those so think I will bring those out, dust them off & get to it.
Then no excuses.
Amazing the tools we have & don't use.

Have a birthday dinner out tonight at golf club so that will be nice. Planning on ordering a fish entree & tomorrow going to movies, and I enjoy my popcorn so have to plan ahead for that.

All - have a great weekend!

Princess1122
01-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone... just a quick fly by to say hello!

I did make it to my meeting and weigh in on Thursday... ugh, I was up three pounds...

That snapped me out of it though... really working on th eating since that I can control, the exercise is a bit harder for me to do so I will work on the one thing and hopefully not overwhelm myself and will just get to the gym or out for a walk when I can.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

loose seal
01-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Down another lb. this morning. One lb. left to meet my January goal; 2 lbs. left to meet my The Walking Dead goal.

No exercise today but hopefully will get the doggies out for a walk later on. At least that's something. Trying so hard to stay OP as far as the food goes. It ain't easy, that's for sure. We have to just do the best we can and aim for any type of deficit on a daily basis and know that sooner or later it will all make the scale go down.

Itryharder
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
BAndit, I love your tips. :chef: You make a lot of sense.

Princess, so glad to see you here. Glad your WI helped you to shake things up. I know you've often packed your lunch for work and had good foods in the house and I hear that you're determined to change things up. Weigh to go! :cheer: :bravo:

Loose Seal, you're right on track. You're doing great! I love your philosophy. It sure isn't easy. If it were, no one would be chubby!! Good luck on meeting your goals. You're doing great. :goodscale: :bravo:

I had a really nice success on the scale this morning. The day is tough to get through because I simply want to eat all the time. But this time around I am telling myself it's not hunger. I watch the clock and allow myself something every two hours if necessary. The "something" may be a cup of diet cocoa for 25 calories and 1 point plus or carrots and celery. I don't care if the food isn't exciting. Right now seeing the scale finally move downward again is exciting in itself!!!!!

I'm sending :goodvibes: and :bravo: to all of us. I love you guys!
Turtles: Onward and Downward!!!!!!
Judy
234.6/180/179 and into the new decade thinner goal in 2012~

Itryharder
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Turtles,
Hope everyone's weekend was fun and good. I'll see you all over at #274 Bale of Turtles Moving Ahead!
Love,
Judy

redfish53
03-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi there, just getting started...I'm excited to be doing this! First weigh-in was today and I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays.

Princess1122
03-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Hi Redfish, welcome to the group, you can find more recent posts for our group over on the thread titled ! 275 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

Hope to see you over on the other thread!