Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/10/11

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/10/11

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

lindac36
01-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Wow, it's not tomorrow here yet, but, just want to say that today is my first weigh in. A little nervous, don't know why, I haven't cheated and am hoping to be happy with a loss. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this week. I'll be on later to move my little chick further from the ostrich and closer to the swan. Have a fabulous OP day everyone.

NewSexyMe
01-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I must confess I have been off program since Thursday. Hubby had a long weekend and we left out of town and didn't bother with IP at all!!! Now I literally feel sick! So I'm starting 100% OP in the Morning! Wish me luck!

rissimo
01-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!
Weigh in # 8 and I am proud to announce that another 2.2 pounds have bit the dust!!!!:frypan: I am almost out of the 190's, woo hoo:dance:

I have made it 2 months on this "diet" and I am so proud of myself for sticking thru it. I really don't miss the "food" as much as I thought I would and the thought of cheating has not crossed my mind yet. I am so thankful that I found this site and all of you. Ya'll have made it so much easier to stick to it and push onward. Reading the posts and watching everyone's progress daily has helped tremendously!!! And I would like to Thank each and everyone of you...:thanks: And I am so looking forward to coninuing my journey with you.

Bailey6
01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Good Luck Lindac36 on you first weigh in! :)

Rissimo- Congratulations!! I agree with you, I LOVE this site!

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2.4 lbs. :D

I have a question for you all. I'm doing the alternative plan and can someone tell me where to find a list of supplements everyone is taking on IP? I know it's somewhere in the stickies but can't remember where I saw it.

Hope you all have a great OP day! :)

mamacitaof2
01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Congratulations on the successful weigh in's today! Seeing other IPeeps drop lbs is so encouraging!

Junetwin11
01-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Right on Rissimo :)
Good luck to all the weigh in's. I weigh Friday. I go to the wellness centre tomorrow to get sheets for phase 3 and to talk with some newbies. That is so fun and inspiring and motivating. :) I am on holidays next week and my hubby's birthday So phase 3 will fit in nicely there. I haven't reached my goal of 140 but I am close. So a nice little break I think will help me. :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Bailey, if you want I can tell you what I am using! I'm also doing the alternative plan. It took some work picking the right supplements but is a lot cheaper that way. I think I may start buying IP's multivitamin, though.

Anyway! Day two . . . I'm a little worried about today since yesterday I had to cram in my meals so I could fall asleep at a normal time. Today I cut up my bar and it seemed like I had more than it was, but it was still not that tasty. I have more faith for lunch today, though.

I think if I treat every day like the first day of this diet I'll have no problem with it xD Usually the first day on a diet is my best day.

Ishbel
01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!
Weigh in # 8 and I am proud to announce that another 2.2 pounds have bit the dust!!!!:frypan: I am almost out of the 190's, woo hoo:dance:

I have made it 2 months on this "diet" and I am so proud of myself for sticking thru it. I really don't miss the "food" as much as I thought I would and the thought of cheating has not crossed my mind yet. I am so thankful that I found this site and all of you. Ya'll have made it so much easier to stick to it and push onward. Reading the posts and watching everyone's progress daily has helped tremendously!!! And I would like to Thank each and everyone of you...:thanks: And I am so looking forward to coninuing my journey with you.

Way to go rissimo!! :trampo: Great to see your progress, woohoo for being in the 180's soon! :D

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Wow, it's not tomorrow here yet, but, just want to say that today is my first weigh in. A little nervous, don't know why, I haven't cheated and am hoping to be happy with a loss. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this week. I'll be on later to move my little chick further from the ostrich and closer to the swan. Have a fabulous OP day everyone.

Good luck today. I'm sure you'll do great! :hug:

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Congrats on the WI :carrot:. I too am thankful for this site. It makes it so much easier to stay OP when you have a support network like this to pull you through. Keep up the good work :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Sooo proud of you Rissimo! I love talking to you & you keep me so positive in knowing that I CAN do this! Your progress is so awesome & I wish you many many more awesome weigh ins! :) :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Bailey, if you want I can tell you what I am using! I'm also doing the alternative plan. It took some work picking the right supplements but is a lot cheaper that way. I think I may start buying IP's multivitamin, though.

Anyway! Day two . . . I'm a little worried about today since yesterday I had to cram in my meals so I could fall asleep at a normal time. Today I cut up my bar and it seemed like I had more than it was, but it was still not that tasty. I have more faith for lunch today, though.

I think if I treat every day like the first day of this diet I'll have no problem with it xD Usually the first day on a diet is my best day.

Could you possibly tell me what you're using just so I can make sure I'm using enough/the right things? :)

What time did you end up going to bed/get up? I'm pretty sure the bars aren't going to taste great anytime [I'm trying to be positive but ehhhhh lol] but did you try melting it a little? Is it the taste getting you? Or the chewiness [that's what bothers me mainly]. The EAS bars taste good, that wasn't the problem, it was just the chewy protein part that got me.

You CAN do this! We can both do this! Day 2 over here & going strong. :P

mamacitaof2
01-10-2012, 08:38 AM

I have a question for you all. I'm doing the alternative plan and can someone tell me where to find a list of supplements everyone is taking on IP? I know it's somewhere in the stickies but can't remember where I saw it.

I've been doing the alternative plan as well and I found a sheet that gave the supplement information. I was able to find what I needed at walmart. The key is to look at the elemental properties. If the ingredients of your substitue are elemental, you should be ok! http://www.ihpweightloss.com/Supplement_Overview-IP.pdf

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning!! Wow, I had my first 'cheating dream' last night. Let me tell you it was delicious!! We went to The Melting Pot for girls night and I paid no attention to even trying to stick to the program. Funny thing is I woke up feeling guilty. Glad I got to enjoy it in my dream though, that's one of my favorite restaurants. It's really bizarre how vivid these dreams are. Good thing I'm just dreaming of cheating on a diet and not on hubby or anything, that could be awkward!

I've got bible study this morning, and I am SO glad I am in ketosis for this one!! That way I can honestly have my cappuccino before I go and tell them I'm not hungry. Church ladies can cook and someone always brings in a yummy breakfast.

I've also decided what I'm doing for my first goal. Once I reach 30lbs lost I am going and getting a massage / facial. I saved up all the money I got for Christmas / my birthday so that I could do something fun, and I just found this place that looks nice and has a great special when you book both. It's something nice to look forward to, and I'm glad that being on alternatives has loosened up our budget where I can do things like this.

I hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!

You'll do fine. The first week is usually the best. Please let us know how it goes!!

Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Awesome!! Congrats!! You'll be out of the 190's before you know it! :carrot::carrot:

Congrats!! WTG!! :carrot::carrot:

As for the supplements I have been searching for that sheet since I started alternatives a week ago and can't find it. Maybe someone who's better at searching than I am can help out.

Personally I'm just taking a regular multi - vitamin that I had on hand already and just went last night and bought the "Calcium Plus 1000 with Magnesium and Vitamin D3" from GNC last night. It has the same, if not slightly more, of all the vitamins except for a little bit of Zinc (20mg), but since the other vitamin I'm taking is a prenatal it has extra Zinc so I'm not worried. You also only take 3 pills of it so I take 2 with dinner and 1 with snack instead of 2 and 2.

I also still have the IP bottle from the Potassium Calcium and it has 800mg Potassium (Potassium Bicarbonate) and 200mg Calcium (Calcium Carbonate). HTH!!

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Hope you have a great day #2!! Stick with it and you'll see results soon!

I've been doing the alternative plan as well and I found a sheet that gave the supplement information. I was able to find what I needed at walmart. The key is to look at the elemental properties. If the ingredients of your substitue are elemental, you should be ok! http://www.ihpweightloss.com/Supplement_Overview-IP.pdf

Thank you so much for this link. I hadn't been able to find that anywhere so I saved it on my computer. Thanks again!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Today will be WI #5 and I can't wait to go! I am hoping for the "whoosh" that a lot of you report the week after TOM...even during that week I lost a couple of pounds, so I am hoping for a good number and some inches lost in my chest today.
I have been cleaning out my closet and have a huge bag for Goodwill. I tried on some shirts that I haven't fit into for 6 years (luckily they are basic button downs and never go out of style) and voila! I am happy to fit into things I never thought I'd wear again, and looking forward to the possibility that they may even become too big.
This week was hard to stay motivated and I am so glad you all are here. I am going to talk myself into not being disappointed if I don't get the numbers I want today. I know any loss is a good loss.

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Good morning :). I am struggling a little in the mornings with hunger. I have the rice cereal but am still hungry. How do some of you make it through the morning on so little food? Thanks!

Junetwin11
01-10-2012, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4165258]Good morning!! Wow, I had my first 'cheating dream' last night. Let me tell you it was delicious!! We went to The Melting Pot for girls night and I paid no attention to even trying to stick to the program. Funny thing is I woke up feeling guilty. Glad I got to enjoy it in my dream though, that's one of my favorite restaurants. It's really bizarre how vivid these dreams are. Good thing I'm just dreaming of cheating on a diet and not on hubby or anything, that could be awkward!

LOL: NavyMommy. I had a cheating dream. With cake. I stuck my finger in icing and I could hear myself saying NO-don't do it. But I did and licked my finger. And it was good too. I am sure glad it was only a dream. LOL :)

Linden
01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
It took some work picking the right supplements but is a lot cheaper that way. I think I may start buying IP's multivitamin, though.

If you're only buying one product I'd get the Potassium/calcium. It's the one that's virturally impossible to replicate.

leganegan
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

:wave::bravo::cp::hat: CONGRATS! You look wonderful!

Good morning :). I am struggling a little in the mornings with hunger. I have the rice cereal but am still hungry. How do some of you make it through the morning on so little food? Thanks!

COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STAYING BUSY.:coffee2: It's almost 9:30am and I have only had coffee and I also think the 32oz of water I drink before I leave for work helps me stay full longer. I have breakfast between 10 and 11am and lunch between 1 and 2pm at work.

rissimo
01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Sooo proud of you Rissimo! I love talking to you & you keep me so positive in knowing that I CAN do this! Your progress is so awesome & I wish you many many more awesome weigh ins! :) :hug:

Thank you Miranda, I have really enjoyed talking to you as well, and I am glad that I have a buddie to go on this journey with.

Congrats on the WI :carrot:. I too am thankful for this site. It makes it so much easier to stay OP when you have a support network like this to pull you through. Keep up the good work :hug:

Thank you Lorilou, it does make is so much easier when you have the support of other who are doing the same thing as you.

Way to go rissimo!! :trampo: Great to see your progress, woohoo for being in the 180's soon! :D

I can't wait to hit the 180's, it has been sooooooooooo long since I have been under 190. I feel I can honestly see the light at the end of the tunnel now, it is getting brighter and brighter.

Right on Rissimo :)

Thanks Junetwin.

[quote=NavyMommy;4165258]Good morning!! Awesome!! Congrats!! You'll be out of the 190's before you know it! :carrot::carrot:

Thank you NavyMommy, I don't think it can get here fast enough. Maybe then I will see some difference in the way I look. I know there is a difference because I am getting into smaller sizes, but I just don't see it yet in my apperance.

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 09:36 AM
:wave::bravo::cp::hat: CONGRATS! You look wonderful!

COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STAYING BUSY.:coffee2: It's almost 9:30am and I have only had coffee and I also think the 32oz of water I drink before I leave for work helps me stay full longer. I have breakfast between 10 and 11am and lunch between 1 and 2pm at work.

I'm just finishing up a large cup of coffee and have had 32 oz of water and I am still hungry. Maybe I should switch my restricted bar to breakfast and cereal to later.

Ishbel
01-10-2012, 09:37 AM

You can spread your veggies out throughout the day....have some herbal tea? Sometimes it's all about distraction.

You can do it! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Today is Day 2 for me and the shake tasted a lot better. So I'm either getting used to it or it's just tasting better LOL. Not sure which one, but thankful none the less.

sarahmayhem
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I must confess I have been off program since Thursday. Hubby had a long weekend and we left out of town and didn't bother with IP at all!!! Now I literally feel sick! So I'm starting 100% OP in the Morning! Wish me luck!

Get right back on program and don't look back! You've done wonderfully...I'm sure you'll have no problem being on track again :)

Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

You're doing fantastic!! Great job :carrot:

Awesome!! Congrats :)

Today will be WI #5 and I can't wait to go! I am hoping for the "whoosh" that a lot of you report the week after TOM...even during that week I lost a couple of pounds, so I am hoping for a good number and some inches lost in my chest today.
I have been cleaning out my closet and have a huge bag for Goodwill. I tried on some shirts that I haven't fit into for 6 years (luckily they are basic button downs and never go out of style) and voila! I am happy to fit into things I never thought I'd wear again, and looking forward to the possibility that they may even become too big.
This week was hard to stay motivated and I am so glad you all are here. I am going to talk myself into not being disappointed if I don't get the numbers I want today. I know any loss is a good loss.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Today is Day 2 for me and the shake tasted a lot better. So I'm either getting used to it or it's just tasting better LOL. Not sure which one, but thankful none the less.

I like mixing my shake (vanilla) with coffee in the morning. It's almost like a latte!

sarahmayhem
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Happy to say my WI in this morning went well! Down another 3.1lbs!

I keep hoping to see a HUGE loss (4lbs+) but I'm definitely not complaining with 3lbs a week! And today, I'm officially in the 180s! Woo!

5 weeks on this diet and I am down 17lbs. I couldn't have done this well on my own, that's for sure!

I also had a NSV last night - I got a dress from Express that's a MEDIUM! I'm NEVER a medium haha!

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Get right back on program and don't look back! You've done wonderfully...I'm sure you'll have no problem being on track again :)

You're doing fantastic!! Great job :carrot:

Awesome!! Congrats :)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I like mixing my shake (vanilla) with coffee in the morning. It's almost like a latte!

That makes me miss my mocha frappucino :( LOL.

sarahmayhem
01-10-2012, 10:16 AM
That makes me miss my mocha frappucino :( LOL.

That's easy! Get your cappuccino mix, mix it with a cup of coffee, and add the Walden Farms chocolate syrup on top! You could even splash some of the RTD chocolate or vanilla shake in there. Delish :)

Pamelama
01-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Personally, I am ravenous all day if I have the pancakes or cereal in the morning. What works for me is the IP Omlette, Cappucino (I split it up and have with hot coffee so it makes 2 cups) and my new favorite is I add 8-9 oz water to vanilla pudding, pour 1/2 in a coffee mug, heat for 30 secs, then add hot coffee or (or tea) for a yummy thick vanilla latte. Again, makes 2 cups, totally filling and satisfying. Everyone's different. You have to play with some to see what works best for you,

Hope that helped a bit.... :)

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM

I keep hoping to see a HUGE loss (4lbs+) but I'm definitely not complaining with 3lbs a week! And today, I'm officially in the 180s! Woo!

5 weeks on this diet and I am down 17lbs. I couldn't have done this well on my own, that's for sure!

I also had a NSV last night - I got a dress from Express that's a MEDIUM! I'm NEVER a medium haha!

Good job :carrot: Keep up the good work :hug:

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Personally, I am ravenous all day if I have the pancakes or cereal in the morning. What works for me is the IP Omlette, Cappucino (I split it up and have with hot coffee so it makes 2 cups) and my new favorite is I add 8-9 oz water to vanilla pudding, pour 1/2 in a coffee mug, heat for 30 secs, then add hot coffee or (or tea) for a yummy thick vanilla latte. Again, makes 2 cups, totally filling and satisfying. Everyone's different. You have to play with some to see what works best for you,

Hope that helped a bit.... :)

Thanks for the advise! I may need to eat the omlete in the mornings and just not have the cereal. I do notice on the weekend when I ate it I wasn't as hungry. I think I will switch and see how that goes. :hug:

Pamelama
01-10-2012, 10:23 AM

Right on Sarah Mayhem! And congrats on a MEDIUM! I hope I'm as successful tomorrow!

TracyAWC
01-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Congrats to everyone on their WI's! You all keep me going during the week since my WI is Sat :)

MustangMolly
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Way to go Rissi, I must have been on vacation when you broke into Onderland, congrats!

Bailey6
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Thank you so much for this! It's exactly what I was looking for. ;)

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Back from my WI and I lost a 1 pound this week. Now you might be thinking to yourselves, "only 1 pound." However once again the scale does not tell the whole story. I might have only lost 1 pound, but I gained two pounds in lean muscle and lost in body fat. In addition I also lost 2 inches in my waist. Almost forgot, I also was able to take off my wedding band last night for the first time in over 15 years. I'm very happily married, but my wedding band was sized for my hand when I weighed a 135 pounds, and I haven't been able to take it off in many years due to my weight going up and up and up. So my point is the scale never tells the whole picture.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

sherylynn
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted you to know that I've tried some of the recipes on the recipe thread.

I made the oatmeal zucchini muffins - very yummy.

Then I played around with the IP pudding as waffles. I first used the choc pudding to make chocolate "dessert" waffles. They were very good and less boring than just plain pudding.

This morning for breakfast I used the Lemon pudding and made that into waffles. They were flat but I ate them anyway - kind of felt like bread. It was nice for a change of pace and they are not restricted items. Some people have used them as a basis for a sandwhich and I could see doing that. Make a chicken or tuna salad with WF mayo and use the IP pudding as a bread. That could be very filling and satisfying.

Lastly, I've made turnip fries (a suggestion on 3FC) and have put my veggie chili on top - chili fries! I'm looking towards having that for lunch!

Have a great day everyone!

Susanah122
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Hello,
This is my first day on this site and my first day on IP and I must admit that now I am a little nauseous and am burping a vitamin taste. BUT, this is worth it and I am going to make a healthier me. :carrot: I have read that the first three days are the worst, so I am 1/9 of the way through it! Hope you all have a great day!:dizzy:

sherylynn
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM

Hi Lorilou -

Others just posted and I've found too, I cannot eat the cereal or shakes for breakfast. They are too sweet for me (and I love sweets) but I think they trigger an insulin response for me. If I start the day with the cereal, I'd be starving all day!

I've noticed if I have the omelette, I almost forget to eat lunch. Today I made the IP pudding into waffles and that was filling and kept the hunger away. It could be that I added two egg whites to make the recipe.

Keep mixing it up until you find what works for you. I've seen that some people eat the same thing day after day and others need to change it up or they get bored.

Look at it as an adventure of finding out about what works for your body for now and the futue.

Good luck!

licaba
01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I love reading everyone's posts, its so encouraging!! Today is day 5 for me!! Yesterday afternoon and this morning I had nagging headaches and did the salt thing and it worked like a charm, so bizarre, my instinct was to take a couple acetaminophen but thought I'd try the salt first.

Last night for supper I decided to make the cauliflower "mashed potatoes" I wish someone had videotaped me so u all could have a laugh today. I made an absolute mess!! There was cauliflower on the kitchen window, on the wall and cupboards! I think I will mash next time instead of using the blender. After all the mess it still tasted pretty good!

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello,
This is my first day on this site and my first day on IP and I must admit that now I am a little nauseous and am burping a vitamin taste. BUT, this is worth it and I am going to make a healthier me. :carrot: I have read that the first three days are the worst, so I am 1/9 of the way through it! Hope you all have a great day!:dizzy:

I just started yesterday & I felt the same way you do, but the further into the day you get the better it gets [for me at least] but also, i'm on day 2 now and it's waaaay better than yesterday in my opinion. Things are already tasting better and I didn't have as hard of a time with the "vitamin" burps or anything like that lol.

it gets better :)! :carrot:

FoolishHeart
01-10-2012, 11:17 AM
That's awesome Dana! Congratulations! I really need to measure myself so I can see those differences too.

MustangMolly
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Back from my WI and I lost a 1 pound this week. Now you might be thinking to yourselves, "only 1 pound." However once again the scale does not tell the whole story. I might have only lost 1 pound, but I gained two pounds in lean muscle and lost in body fat. In addition I also lost 2 inches in my waist. Almost forgot, I also was able to take off my wedding band last night for the first time in over 15 years. I'm very happily married, but my wedding band was sized for my hand when I weighed a 135 pounds, and I haven't been able to take it off in many years due to my weight going up and up and up. So my point is the scale never tells the whole picture.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Congrats, Dana, and you are so right about the scale. Also, you know if Wuv catches you saying "only" before a weight loss you're in big trouble! LOL While I do enjoy seeing the number on the scale move down, I am also enjoying the NSV's just as much if not more.

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Hello,

Good luck o your IP journey! You have taken a step to a healthier you and should be applauded :cp:. Stay srong through the first week and remember that we are all here to help and support you. :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Going out to eat tonight and i'm scareddddd!

Does anyone have any idea how to measure my meat when I can't have a scale back in the kitchen & be back in the kitchen because it's not my house? LOL.

How much does meat change from 8oz raw to cooked? like 1 oz? Or do you think more? Just curious :(

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Lorilou -

Others just posted and I've found too, I cannot eat the cereal or shakes for breakfast. They are too sweet for me (and I love sweets) but I think they trigger an insulin response for me. If I start the day with the cereal, I'd be starving all day!

I've noticed if I have the omelette, I almost forget to eat lunch. Today I made the IP pudding into waffles and that was filling and kept the hunger away. It could be that I added two egg whites to make the recipe.

Keep mixing it up until you find what works for you. I've seen that some people eat the same thing day after day and others need to change it up or they get bored.

Look at it as an adventure of finding out about what works for your body for now and the futue.

Good luck!

Thank you. I may stop by my Center tomorrow and switch out the cereal for the omlete. I don't have a waffle maker but may need to go get one and try the waffle. Thanks for the support :hug:

lroderick
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Today will be WI#2 since I re-started & this makes like day 10 i've been sick! I'm not to hopefull for a huge loss, because I've been feeling yucky:(

Although, I don't have much of an appetite because I can't even TASTE my food lol, I'm not sure if thats a good, or bad thing?! I guess it leaves room for imagination, I "pretend' I'm eating all of this yummy stuff!

I hit up target yesterday for some salad goodies (veggies, chicken, salmon) this diet is much more fun with variety... but eating good sure isn't cheap !

Well I hope everyone has a good day ... already looking forward to the weekend ;D Happy loosing !

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS ! :carrot:

frazzledmom04
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Morning everyone! Congrats on all great WI's this morning and good luck to all those who have WI's still to come.
So my coach has this little blob of "fat" that's 5lbs that she gave me to hold on my first WI. This morning I thought I would take it a bit farther and see how much weight I had lost. I grabbed a couple of 10kg(22lbs) bags of sugar which is a little less then what I've lost but wow! I couldn't believe I was carrying that much extra weight around. Really put things in perspective and I'm never go back to that again.

2sweetpeas
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Today marks the end of my first week on IP. I am very excited to weigh in on Thursday!! That will actually be over a week but I am really feeling the results in my clothes already. I was very small all of my live until children. I can't seem to get it the weight off but I am feeling very confident about IP. Can anyone give me and advice about how you felt week 2-4? I am curious if it becomes more of a routine with the packets and drinks. I have found that the pre made drinks are the best (I think) and so much easies for a mom on the go. Any tips?? Thanks and have a great day!!

sherylynn
01-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Going out to eat tonight and i'm scareddddd!

Does anyone have any idea how to measure my meat when I can't have a scale back in the kitchen & be back in the kitchen because it's not my house? LOL.

How much does meat change from 8oz raw to cooked? like 1 oz? Or do you think more? Just curious :(

Don't be scared - look at this as an opportunity to practice your skills in asking for and getting what you want. I wouldn't worry too much about the exact quantity of meat. If you've been weighing at home, which is more than most of us, your eye should be good. Just focus on which protein, veggies, and salad you'll have and the preparation method. You may have to adjust your expectations some - for instance, many times, I've had salad with just lemon juice squeezed from wedges when they didn't have olive oil and was satisfied. If you get a hard time from the waiter, tell him you are diabetic or have celiac sprue disease (gluten intolerance). That has also worked for me to get them to understand a little bit of salad dressing IS NOT ok, when I'm paying and I said "no sauce, thank you very much." I even had room service at a hotel on business travel bring me a plain grilled steak and steamed broccoli. Once I told them I had to eat this way they were very accomodating.

Think of how great you'll feel when you get home and know that you didn't succumb to all the junk.

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Don't be scared - look at this as an opportunity to practice your skills in asking for and getting what you want. I wouldn't worry too much about the exact quantity of meat. If you've been weighing at home, which is more than most of us, your eye should be good. Just focus on which protein, veggies, and salad you'll have and the preparation method. You may have to adjust your expectations some - for instance, many times, I've had salad with just lemon juice squeezed from wedges when they didn't have olive oil and was satisfied. If you get a hard time from the waiter, tell him you are diabetic or have celiac sprue disease (gluten intolerance). That has also worked for me to get them to understand a little bit of salad dressing IS NOT ok, when I'm paying and I said "no sauce, thank you very much." I even had room service at a hotel on business travel bring me a plain grilled steak and steamed broccoli. Once I told them I had to eat this way they were very accomodating.

Think of how great you'll feel when you get home and know that you didn't succumb to all the junk.

I'm not really worried so much about the preparation as much as the size of the meat lol. I just don't wanna throw myself "under the bus" when I'm this far in ya know? I have faith I can get it done, but we shall see.

Also, do you HAVE to eat lettuce every day? Or is that just a "you can if you want"

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
That's awesome Dana! Congratulations! I really need to measure myself so I can see those differences too.
Thanks! I've never been good about measuring myself so I'm glad my coach does.

Congrats, Dana, and you are so right about the scale. Also, you know if Wuv catches you saying "only" before a weight loss you're in big trouble! LOL While I do enjoy seeing the number on the scale move down, I am also enjoying the NSV's just as much if not more.

Have to be honest with ourselves, we are all disappointed when we just loose a pound when we've been so good all week. But, we all have to learn not to take what the scale says as the whole picture.

galpal445
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONSto all the folks that had WI's and lost weight...or inches!!! Good job everyone!!!

And I just have to say Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Herbal Tea is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! This is going to be my new favorite drink when I want a little something warm & sweet. Yum, Yum, Yum...where has this stuff been all my life?

I have read somewhere that 4 ounces of meat is about the size of the palm of your hand and you always have your hand with you.;)...LOL!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Loving the positive view points this morning! Keep up the good work ladies!

lindac36
01-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Lorilou, I like having my snack 'restricted' bar mid morning instead of in the evening, that helps me out.

lindac36
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
And I just have to say Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Herbal Tea is absolutely FANTASTIC[COLOR=black]!!!! This is going to be my new favorite drink when I want a little something warm & sweet. Yum, Yum, Yum...where has this stuff been all my life?

I don't know if Fresh and Easy is a cross country store, but, the Fresh and Easy Spiced Herbal Tea is wonderful and only $2.28 a box. It's a tasty deal!

tammycorkum
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I started IP on Sunday so this is day 3, I am seriously ready to give up.
I feel horrible, headaches ( did the seasalt out of palm), nausea and crazy bm's (sorry). I have been following plan and am determined to lose weight, just need some help to keep me going.

mamacitaof2
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
I feel horrible, headaches ( did the seasalt out of palm), nausea and crazy bm's (sorry). I have been following plan and am determined to lose weight, just need some help to keep me going.

Just hang in there. It will get better I promise! Drink lots of water, rest if you are able to. By day 5 or 6, you'll feel great!

thin4me
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Awesome job - you've come a long way!

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi Lorilou -

Good luck!

Lorilou, I like having my snack 'restricted' bar mid morning instead of in the evening, that helps me out.

Thanks! I may have to try that.

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
:hug:I started IP on Sunday so this is day 3, I am seriously ready to give up.

Do not give up. You can do this! It's hard a first but you will feel better. Just think how much better you will feel when you start to lose the weight. I lost 9.6 lbs my first week and other have lost more. From what I have seem on this site people have lost a lot of weight sticking to thios plan so be strong. We will support you

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Awesome job.....2 months flew by didn't it? I know my 7 months have :)

Eat some veggies between breakfast and lunch, like snack on them instead of saving 2 cups for lunch..

LOL.....not in trouble just don't like it in front of a loss...its a NEGATIVE word and I don't like Negativity....lol

Hang in here Tammy its going to get better, you have to hang in there at least a week or 2 to see the results. Once you see the result and feel them you will be happy you stuck with it.

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Totally normal, hang in there. You are almost there. You have to go through the withdrawals to get to the other side. The sea salt never worked for me, I ended up with Tylenol to make the headaches go away. Eat an extra packet if you need, drink lots of water and herbal tea. Get lots of rest too. For me it all felt like going through a drug withdrawal and that's why I've never cheated. Who want's to feel like this again.

galpal445
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't know if Fresh and Easy is a cross country store, but, the Fresh and Easy Spiced Herbal Tea is wonderful and only $2.28 a box. It's a tasty deal!

Is Fresh & Easy a brand or a store? If it is a store, then we don't have it around here but if it is a brand, then I will have to check the stores out to see if any of them carry it. The Celestial tea was only $2.38 (I got it at Walmart) so it was only a dime more than the Fresh & Easy tea. But thanks for the suggestion.:)

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM

I don't necessarily feel "great" but honestly I don't feel as bad as yesterday. Have you tried taking some Advil? The salt in the palm trick didn't work for me at all. I just had to sleep it off, but I still kind of feel "weird". So hopefully it will only get better :)

Don't give up! I'm sure you will be feeling better in no time :)

ATeam
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone, just like to introduce myself to this great forum, we are a Husband and Wife team on Day 1 with IP. Total goal is 100lbs combined, wish us luck. :)

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
So I just had a nice big post and it poofed away on me. :( I just want to say this.

CONGRATS to those of you with losses this week!! Even if it's just 1lb that's 1lb you don't have to lose again. Stick with it and you'll be where you want to before you know it.

And for those of you struggling today hang in there. If the sea salt trick doesn't work take some Advil. It won't harm your progress and you need to feel well enough to claw yourself to the other side of the carb withdraw. Personally I found that when the cravings hit the best thing was to distract myself. If I had a cup of hot tea and was watching a good TV show I didn't miss my ____________ nearly as much.

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone, just like to introduce myself to this great forum, we are a Husband and Wife team on Day 1 with IP. Total goal is 100lbs combined, wish us luck. :)

Welcome ATeam!!...glad to have you aboard, we have several hubby/wife teams here. With the support you have in each other you will succeed. Just don't get mad if the hubby loses quicker than you...he is a GUY after all they do lose faster!!!

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot, big NSV for me today!! This morning I pulled my freshly washed jeans out of the drawer and not only did I NOT have to do the Dryer Jean Jiggle to get them on, but when I had them on I actually felt sexy in them. It's been a long time since I felt sexy in my jeans :D

Gardengurl71
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
This is a totally random thought but I was reading earlier posts this morning and we are all pretty hung up on the number the scale says. I, too, am ALL about the scale but I try to think of the big picture and the overall goal rather than obsessing along the way. (okay, that's a lie, I do obsess but I try to look at every single ounce lost as a positive thing!lol)

One thing I have done in the past is look at each pound lost as a pound of butter. Simply multiply each pound by 4....because there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound of butter. So....if you lost "only" 1 pound that is still 4 sticks of butter :dizzy:(imagine 2 sitting on each hip!).

Thinking about weight loss in terms of "cubes of butter" sometimes helps me appreciate just how hard my body is working to take off this weight :)

Lorilou
01-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Welcome! Good luck to you both. You will find great support here :hug:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, what day should I start to feel . . . I don't know, bad? (like from carb withdrawal, etc.)

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
This is a totally random thought but I was reading earlier posts this morning and we are all pretty hung up on the number the scale says. I, too, am ALL about the scale but I try to think of the big picture and the overall goal rather than obsessing along the way. (okay, that's a lie, I do obsess but I try to look at every single ounce lost as a positive thing!lol)

One thing I have done in the past is look at each pound lost as a pound of butter. Simply multiply each pound by 4....because there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound of butter. So....if you lost "only" 1 pound that is still 4 sticks of butter :dizzy:(imagine 2 sitting on each hip!).

Thinking about weight loss in terms of "cubes of butter" sometimes helps me appreciate just how hard my body is working to take off this weight :)

LOL ~ That is quite a picture isn't it. BUT I think this is a fantastic way to look at it. So I have ridded my butter of 48 sticks of butter ~ That is fantastic. Thanks for the visual. ;)

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, what day should I start to feel . . . I don't know, bad? (like from carb withdrawal, etc.)

Every person is different. You may be one of the lucky ones that never has symptoms of withdrawal. I had headaches and dizziness along with famished hunger for 2 weeks before I started feeling better. Just take each day as it comes.

Lakewood

It's ROUGH the 1st few days - but it DOES get better. You are not doing it wrong, you're doing it just right, that's why you feel like crap! I was SO tired and cranky the 1st 4 days and then on day 5 it was AMAZING! I felt so good I had trouble sleeping that night - it was like a buzzed feeling - in a good way. Crazy MBs, crazy dreams too - it's all part of it. I think if our coaches tell us how it REALLY is, we wouldn't do it. :dizzy: When you come out on the other side, I promise you will be doing the happy dance! Hang in there and keep reading the posts!

CysterLeanne
Question for all of you, sorry it's really a TMI question, but I don't know how else to ask it LOL. How many of you do/need to take a fiber supplement for the big C. I bought some supplements, but I am debating on just waiting to see "if" I really need them before starting them since it's "one more pill to take". TIA!

leganegan
01-10-2012, 02:19 PM

Don't give up! You will feel so motivated and 100 times better after your 1st two weigh ins, you will be addicted to the plan and the routine and how good you feel. You are getting rid of toxins in your body! Make sure you don't get hungry this week so you don't get fustrated and give in to bad stuff. tea, water, coffee, pickles, egg whites, eat an extra packet, sugarfree gum, take a walk, watch a movie, read a book. call a friend, write us.

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Question for all of you, sorry it's really a TMI question, but I don't know how else to ask it LOL. How many of you do/need to take a fiber supplement for the big C. I bought some supplements, but I am debating on just waiting to see "if" I really need them before starting them since it's "one more pill to take". TIA!

I would wait to take them until it becomes an issue. I waited and didn't need them at all the first two weeks then I take 2 every other day at night now just to keep things "moving along". I have also found that having at least one choc drink a day keeps the Big C away. Good luck!

sherylynn
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM

FWIW - for me, I haven't needed to add a fiber pill. I guess with the veggies, I'm ok although my coach says normal elimination is once per meal. That never happens but I feel ok and eliminate at least once a day. I did have to take an overnight laxative one time. I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomache cramps, but it did it's job.

rissimo
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Also, do you HAVE to eat lettuce every day? Or is that just a "you can if you want"

You must have 2 salads a day according to the sheets.

CysterLeanne
01-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks so much ;) I was really embarrassed asking that question LOL

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks so much ;) I was really embarrassed asking that question LOL

Hey that's what this site is for! Helping each other out. I would also like to add that I make sure to get in two romaine salads every day and that seems to help too!

CysterLeanne
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry I have another question LOL

Occasional (You may choose two items only per week from this list): Brussels sprouts, Beans (Green & Wax),
Eggplant, Palm Hearts, Snow Peas, Swede, Tomato

Does that mean 4 cups TOTAL a week we are allowed of these.

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM

what sheet was that on? i must have missed that lol

cathy1311
01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Today is my first day on IP and it has been a bit of a struggle - I am definitely a carboholic!
I have been lurking and reading the IP threads for the past 4 days and just wanted to thank everyone on the board. You are all truly an inspiration.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I have a bad craving for pizza. Ughhh, I just can't wait until I'm done with this diet so I can treat myself every once in a while D;

CysterLeanne
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Oh crud I thought some had mentioned it was optional as well, as a filler and to "help things move" LOL

Linden
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Sorry I have another question LOL

Occasional (You may choose two items only per week from this list): Brussels sprouts, Beans (Green & Wax),
Eggplant, Palm Hearts, Snow Peas, Swede, Tomato

Does that mean 4 cups TOTAL a week we are allowed of these.

Yes.

Linden
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh crud I thought some had mentioned it was optional as well, as a filler and to "help things move" LOL

The Phase 1 sheet I have, revised 02/01/11, and the 2 before it have said "unlimited lettuce" after lunch and dinner. They have not said you have to have it. But I'd skip it at your peril. Does someone have a more recent sheet? and does it differ?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I have the most recent sheet, and it just says unlimited lettuce. It doesn't say that you have to have it.

I had a tough time eating a couple of leaves of romaine last night for dinner, but it wasn't so bad when I used the lettuce as a taco shell for my veggies and meat.

canadiancandy
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello fellow IP'ers i hope everyone is having a great day :)

I have often read posts where people talk about vivid dreams and eating off program foods. I have been on IP for 3weeks and 4days. Until last nite i had not experienced this. Woah was it crazy lol

I dreamed that my couch asked us to bring in our favorite IP meal. So i made chocolate marshmallow cookies and packed them into a plastic container. I got ready and grabbed them on my way out the door. When i arrived at the health center i opened the container all proud and my cookies were gone. They were replaced with this massive loaf of bread and baked into the bread were REAL cupcakes, cookies and macaroni. My couch was furious and freaked on me saying all kinds of terrible stuff to me. LoLzzzz

It was crazy and felt so real, i was very relieved when i woke up. I hope this doesn't happen all the time now because as i think back i'm not even sure i have dreamed at all up to this point lol

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I have the most recent sheet, and it just says unlimited lettuce. It doesn't say that you have to have it.

I had a tough time eating a couple of leaves of romaine last night for dinner, but it wasn't so bad when I used the lettuce as a taco shell for my veggies and meat.

You can also use it as a wrap around a burger or chicken breast.

canadiancandy
01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
4kiddos, i do that often! until i started using the lettuce that way i was always missing sandwiches. i find this does the trick though and i don't miss the bread @ all :)

Danni1
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Went to my initial appointment this morning!!! So excited to start the program tomorrow morning. I almost didn't make it...we had a freak blizzard here last night and woke up to 8" of fresh snow. Thank goodness we just brought home our new (used) truck and it has 4x4. Our other vehicles wouldn't have made it out of the drive.

I have been doing the alternatives the past two days, just getting a head start on the carb withdrawl. So far so good. No headaches other than my sinuses feel a little stuffy and just basic hunger pains. I imagine tomorrow will be a bit worse but I know it will be all over soon.

CysterLeanne
01-10-2012, 03:56 PM
The Phase 1 sheet I have, revised 02/01/11, and the 2 before it have said "unlimited lettuce" after lunch and dinner. They have not said you have to have it. But I'd skip it at your peril. Does someone have a more recent sheet? and does it differ?

Thanks Linden the sheet that was updated on 5/2011 still said unlimited (for lunch and dinner) but I know a few IPer's have said it was mandatory and that's where I think it might be a coach thing again LOL....and thanks for the other reply as well :)

Angelique06
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Congrats everyone on your WI's, lbs & inches lost and NSV's!!!!

Someone has woken up Mother Nature and reminded her that it is indeed winter and "dumped" snow overnight.

My hubby has been trying to go see a movie for a little while (we always watch movies when we do our Xmas shopping), I put him off as I was nervous to be surrounded by popcorn! I broke down and we went to MI4 on Saturday and brought my dill pickle zippers - no popcorn cravings at all!! Loving this diet!!!

Danni1
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Linden the sheet that was updated on 5/2011 still said unlimited (for lunch and dinner) but I know a few IPer's have said it was mandatory and that's where I think it might be a coach thing again LOL....and thanks for the other reply as well :)

At my appointment today my coach mentioned that the lettuce was important b/c it was the only "roughage" we really get on this diet. It helps to move food through the digestive system to keep things regular.:o

ATeam
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

That's a good idea for tonight on my first IP supper :)

SewingMomma
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM

You're going through detox. Hang in there. I had crazy BMs right before I went into ketosis. It will get better!

tammycorkum
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Thank you all so much for the motivation and comments. This site really saved me from kicking this diet to the curb.

SewingMomma
01-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Congrats to everyone with the WI's and the NSVs! I have an NSV of my own to report. Today, I bought my first pair of jeans in a "regular" store not the "plus-size" dept. Yeah!!! Plus, I can feel my hip bones. i cannot remember the last time I could feel them. They were buried under a whole bunch of fat.

To all of those in their first days of the program, hang in there. The results make the first week of feeling awful so worth it!

Trinique125
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM

have a boiled egg (whole) and half a cucumber between bfast & lunch.
I don't count it as my meats for the day either:o
I refuse to starve to lose weight.;)
Good luck

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
@ Wuv ~ Did you say you bought the MIO syrup at Walmart? Where abouts is it and what is it called. Thanks!

ptod
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
@ Wuv ~ Did you say you bought the MIO syrup at Walmart? Where abouts is it and what is it called. Thanks!

I know Wuv will answer your question as well.... :D

I have found MIO in the drink mix section of Walmart - near the Crystal Light. My regular grocery store also carries some, but they move in around :devil: sometimes near the drink mixes, sometimes in the soda aisle. hth

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 05:21 PM

Yup, she is right. One store has it by the Kool-aids another has it by the water. Its in a small grey bottle shaped like a tear. The Black cherry and Green Thunder and in black bottles but same shapes and it is called MIO :)

rokkerchik20
01-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Good Afternoon IP Friends! & Happy Winter to all my fellow Albertans!

Am finally feeling better again, makes this diet so much more encouraging. one thing i noticed, is the ip snacks start to taste sweeter, the longer you are on the plan without real sugar! Love how quickly our taste buds can change!

scarmon1118
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!

Congrats!!! Isn't it such an amazing feeling?? Keep up the amazing work!

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks ptod and wuv, gotta check out the MIO selection. Can I just say I think it is awesome how many new people are on the chate every day! I love hearing everyones success (and sometimes struggles). We are all in this together but ultimately we decide whether or not we succeed. Every day is a new chance to make yourself a better person. Cheating would be easy but we didn't add on pounds by making very good choices to begin with. Newbies ~ stick with it. You will find your stride and it will really feel like second nature. I have one month under my belt. Whew. Have a wonderful OP day! :)

massconfusion84
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
So Im running low on food and I really didnt want to eat blueberry pudding so I used the recipe on here to make muffins with the pudding mix....yum! Not very sweet but still it feels like a treat without cheating! awesomeness. Also I know your not supposed to weight yourself everyday but I have (sorry cant help it) and I have consistently lost 1 pound a day so far..I am on day 6 of the program! I am already getting commments! YES

idealpromom
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Hi,
I understand... mornings were always tough for me also. I am really busy at work so I have my drink (normally pineapple banana or choc drink made with coffee and a dash of peppermint extract) around 9:30 or 10. Then I have soup and veggies for lunch around 1. I think the idea is to keep busy and drink drink drink your water. Personally, the cereal never filled me up and staying full. there are recipes out there for pancakes using the crispy cereal and they are yummmmy.
Good luck.... you can do this !:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

mrsmurphy
01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Thank you all so much for the motivation and comments. This site really saved me from kicking this diet to the curb.

My first week was last week and i thought there is NO WAY i will ever make it through the week with the headaches. I had headaches from day one until day 5. TERRIBLE headaches. Then on day three I had some nausea. But, that was it. The headaches were the worst for me... however, HERE is the good part, i swear on day six it was like magic, all of the withdrawal was over! I thought to myself, there is no way i could give up when the good part is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. You can do it, if i did it. I've quit EVERY diet ive ever been on - I'm determined not to repeat the cycle!

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Good Afternoon IP Friends! & Happy Winter to all my fellow Albertans!

Am finally feeling better again, makes this diet so much more encouraging. one thing i noticed, is the ip snacks start to taste sweeter, the longer you are on the plan without real sugar! Love how quickly our taste buds can change!

Isn't it amazing! Last time I was drinking black coffee by the time I was on week 3 and I'm already down to 1/2 a Splenda and a little EAS. Even foods I used to love don't smell as appealing anymore.

idealpromom
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
You can spread your veggies out throughout the day....have some herbal tea? Sometimes it's all about distraction.

You can do it! :)

You are so right....... distraction is key. I took up crocheting to keep my mind and hands busy!. Herbal tea really really does help.

Good luck!

mrsmurphy
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
So Im running low on food and I really didnt want to eat blueberry pudding so I used the recipe on here to make muffins with the pudding mix....yum! Not very sweet but still it feels like a treat without cheating! awesomeness. Also I know your not supposed to weight yourself everyday but I have (sorry cant help it) and I have consistently lost 1 pound a day so far..I am on day 6 of the program! I am already getting commments! YES

I started ip last monday the 2nd. I went a baby shower over the weekend. Someone said, oh my you have lost some weight! i thought holy cow, i had only been on the diet for a week! It's amazing what one week will do!

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 06:06 PM

You may be losing a pound a day for now but what will you do when you step on the scale and gain 2lbs for no apparent reason? Just be prepared for that! there is NO NEED to step on that scale EVERYDAY, i know its a control thing BUT it will start to stress you out when you see the numbers go up. Trust me I have been around the boards now for 7 months and those who have had a tendency to weigh everyday don't any longer because your body does crazy stuff. Just my 2 cents, be prepared in advance and don't freak out!

kbkwright
01-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Today marks the end of my first week on IP. I am very excited to weigh in on Thursday!! That will actually be over a week but I am really feeling the results in my clothes already. I was very small all of my live until children. I can't seem to get it the weight off but I am feeling very confident about IP. Can anyone give me and advice about how you felt week 2-4? I am curious if it becomes more of a routine with the packets and drinks. I have found that the pre made drinks are the best (I think) and so much easies for a mom on the go. Any tips?? Thanks and have a great day!!

I think it does become routine. Doing round two now, the biggest thing I have learned is you have to PLAN!! I always have packets at work, in the car, in my purse/diaper bag, EVERYWHERE! My husband and I go back home at least two weekends a month and I leave packets there just in case I would forget, I will have them! I make the cereal into a pancake too and freeze them, so I can just grab them and go!

Hello fellow IP'ers i hope everyone is having a great day :)

I dreamed that my couch asked us to bring in our favorite IP meal. So i made chocolate marshmallow cookies and packed them into a plastic container. I got ready and grabbed them on my way out the door. When i arrived at the health center i opened the container all proud and my cookies were gone. They were replaced with this massive loaf of bread and baked into the bread were REAL cupcakes, cookies and macaroni. My couch was furious and freaked on me saying all kinds of terrible stuff to me. LoLzzzz

I had a dream last night too....it was chocolate cake. Yum!

Weigh in #1 this morning.......DOWN 7! YAY! I know this will most likely be the biggest, but who cares....7 pounds GONE! :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Day #2 was a lot better taste wise. I did notice, however, that 2 cups of veggies is a LOT. I was full by the time I was 3/4 of the way done. x.x

I did feel a bit hungry between lunch and dinner, however a cup of herbal tea was enough to get rid of that.

I don't have a problem with having to go to the bathroom throughout the night, but because I drink around 3 liters of water a day, I wake up in the morning feeling like my bladder is about to burst xD

Day 3 seems to be when the headaches start, so we'll see how that goes. As far as distraction from hunger, etc. I play the Sims 3 or watch America's Next Top Model xD

Lakewood
01-10-2012, 06:49 PM

It means NOTHING if you do it everyday. I 'gained' 5 POUNDS overnight a few weeks ago. I knew what it was - TOM - I laughed my head off! REALLY? 5 POUNDS? OVERNIGHT!? hahaha Stay off the stupid thing save, once a week. It will drive you crazy if you don't! xoxox

lindac36
01-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Back from weigh in #1 -6 pounds and -5.5 inches! I'm gonna move my chick!

lindac36
01-10-2012, 07:00 PM
oh, no, now I have to figure out how to move my chick and change my weight on my ticker. Back to the beginner page,always more to read about on here.

sarahmayhem
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted you to know that I've tried some of the recipes on the recipe thread.

I made the oatmeal zucchini muffins - very yummy.

Then I played around with the IP pudding as waffles. I first used the choc pudding to make chocolate "dessert" waffles. They were very good and less boring than just plain pudding.

This morning for breakfast I used the Lemon pudding and made that into waffles. They were flat but I ate them anyway - kind of felt like bread. It was nice for a change of pace and they are not restricted items. Some people have used them as a basis for a sandwhich and I could see doing that. Make a chicken or tuna salad with WF mayo and use the IP pudding as a bread. That could be very filling and satisfying.

Lastly, I've made turnip fries (a suggestion on 3FC) and have put my veggie chili on top - chili fries! I'm looking towards having that for lunch!

I just tried the 'banana bread' for the first time....HOLY COW!! It tastes just as good as the real thing! For those of you who dislike the banana pudding (but love banana flavored things!) this is a MUST!

Inches are just as good as pounds to me! What's funny is that I weigh more than I did before, but I'm fitting into smaller clothes! Like you're saying, we need to focus on the big picture; not just small numbers on the scale :)

Today will be WI#2 since I re-started & this makes like day 10 i've been sick! I'm not to hopefull for a huge loss, because I've been feeling yucky:(

Hope you feel better soon!

DO NOT GIVE UP! You may feel bad now, but I promise, after the first week, you will feel better than ever! I'm the worst person at sticking to a diet...in 5 weeks (even though I messed up at Christmas!) I've lost 17lbs. ...coming from someone who could barely stick with a diet for a week. ...stay with it for the first week and once you get on the scale for the first time, it will all be worth it :)

Some people go through withdrawals, others don't. Consider yourself lucky :)

My Doctor says a small salad (nothing crazy...half cup of lettuce) is mandatory with lunch and dinner. It's supposed to aid in digestion and help fill you up!

I just made the banana bread for the first time with the banana pudding. SO GOOD!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Usually to change your weight on the ticker, you have to go back and redo it with the updated weight!

massconfusion84
01-10-2012, 07:03 PM
oooh believe me I know this is going to seriously slow down..and its probably water weight but your totally right wuv it IS totally a control thing...I will try to chill out on the scale...Im just excited! Next week I will stay off it...really I can tell by the way my clothes fit better any way. This is not my first rodeo...I lost 20 lbs last year very slowly with low cal diet and exercise and I only weighed myself once a week at the most bc it fluctuated sooo much. Im just excited thats all :)

lindac36
01-10-2012, 07:09 PM
It worked Backdrop-Thanks

wyo1963
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Hello out there! Nice to have people doing this IP diet with. I will start on Wed. Don't have a "leader" trying to do this on my own. I will being doing the alternative diet plan. Has anyone used the whey protein power from walmart? It has the same carbs, sugars, but a little more protein than IP packs. I am a nurse and understand ketosis. I am afraid of the no diet soda ( have one a day) and no sugar.

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM

Welcome! It's always fun to do the plan with a family member or friend. I started this with my daughter who is almost at goal. Now a friend is doing this plan with me too.

I really felt horrible when I started and my daughter felt nothing. You may just be one of the luck ones.

I have a bad craving for pizza. Ughhh, I just can't wait until I'm done with this diet so I can treat myself every once in a while D;

I hear you. My first free day (cheat day) I'm going for pizza. That is truly the one food I really miss.

My phase 1 sheet is the same. Lettuce is not required, but if you do eat it then it is unlimited. I very seldom eat lettuce for my vegetable. If anything I will add spinach to make a salad. I like to roast or steam my veggies.

Also I know your not supposed to weight yourself everyday but I have (sorry cant help it) and I have consistently lost 1 pound a day so far..I am on day 6 of the program! I am already getting commments! YES

I really think that is a personal decision. I think you just really have to know yourself and how you will handle it if the scale doesn't move for awhile or it goes up. Since starting this diet I have weighed myself first thing most mornings, but of course my WI at my coach's office is the official weight loss number I go by. There have been weeks when I would see the scale number go up and other weeks I saw the number barely move down, but I'm okay with that because I'm looking at the big picture. Now if I started weighing myself a couple of times a day or started getting really down if I didn't like the number I saw, then I would put the scale away.

newmom7611
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
hey ladies... tomorrow will be my "2 month anniversary" i guess you could call it. my official weigh in isn't until thursday of this week, but i know i'm definitely down 25 pounds since i've started and that feels amazing. :carrot:

question-- i know this diet can do cRaZy things to your body (mostly in good ways), but i'm kind of stumped with how my TOM is going. i got it the other day and i have like....0 pain. i used to be in so much pain for the first 3 days, i wouldn't be able to do anything but lay in the fetal position with a heating pad. here's the thing tho... (sorry for any guys on here, or if this is TMI for anyone, i just need to know) it's REALLY .....heavy compared to what i'm used to. pain scale before the diet ... probably like an 8 ... now its barely a 1. great things, but seriously the amount is kind of freaking me out. maybe it'll be shorter and heavier--instead of a week long terrible process??? i don't know..like i said i'm stumped and would be open to hearing any ladies who's TOM changed once on IP.

newmom7611
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
---again, i'm really sorry if that's too much ^^

massconfusion84
01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Newmom I noticed the same thing! I always have terrible cramps and I was very suprised to have 0 cramps this week....it has to be the diet change. I havnt had such a pain fee TOM ever! I was kinda wondering if anyone else had experienced that...Im glad you said something

newmom7611
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
so glad you said that too... i feel a little less embarrassed---and a little better that i'm not the only one :) yay

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone!

So, I lost 3lbs and 2 5/8"...that brings me to 17.25lbs lost in 5 weeks! If all goes well, I should reach 20 lbs next week :-)
I tried on my wedding dress and still need to lose 3 more inches in the chest...I have to order it next month, so I am hoping that it will come off by then. I don't know if one would want to count this as a NSV, but right before I went to try it on, I got asked out on a date by a random stranger. How funny to answer back that I was just on my way to try on my wedding dress!
Then it was off to the Goodwill bin to stuff it full of old big clothes. Now, I am baking fish with 1/4 packet of crushed salt & vinegar crisps (yucky on their own, I think). I hope I will still be able to have pudding cookies tonight since I only used (and precisely measured) 25% of the packet. I saved the rest for another time.
Congratulations to everyone who had good WI's today and for those of you who are struggling, KEEP GOING!

EmilySebetka
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Day 7! One whole week OP. There were a few times I thought I would never make it. My first WI is tomorrow, and I'm really hoping for a good loss. I know I've lost inches for sure, but I don't know about pounds. I'm very excited and nervous.

I just need a job so I can pay for this myself. My mom is only paying for the first month so... I really need some cash.

idealpromom
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
WEEK 1 STINKS..... JUST FOLLOW PLAN, DRINK WATER, HAVE AN EXTRA PACKET IF YOU NEED TO.... JUST DON'T CAVE IN !!!!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-10-2012, 08:20 PM
i'm kind of stumped with how my TOM is going.

Mine was last week, the first one since being on the diet and I experienced the same thing.

Marcella
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Why is it day 6 is worse than day three?? Holy cow I've been really good but for some reason I have been extra hungry today. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast, sweet chard and pudding for lunch, protein bar at 3 and soy patty and zucchini for dinner. I want bread sooooooooooo bad tonight. I don't get this I thought it would get easier. I've been fighting whether I should have another protein pkg. maybe the jello or the yogurt drink will hit the spot. Keep saying yes, no, yes, no. It's 8:30 pm now and still deciding.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Marcella,

Try having some tea--it will really help. Or why not some lettuce with lemon/oil/salt on it?

Magicpinecone
01-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow. It's so nice to see the board so active. Congratulations on all the great WI's and the NSV. Lisa/Wuv you are going to make a great coach. You have been a huge inspiration to me. All you newbies hang in there the first week is tough but by the end of the second week you start getting the routine down and honestly, there aren't many things that can top the high you get from seeing those numbers drop on the scale. SO hang in there. You can do this. It's been a while since I last posted. Tomorrow will be the two month mark for me. It has flown by. My husband came home for Christmas and he was very surprised to see how much I had lost in such a short time. I am currently down 30 lbs. The other day I was reaching into the closet to get some khakis to wear and grabbed a pair I hadn't worn in a few years and to my delight they fit. My size 12's are beginning to be uncomfortably loose. I am hoping to to skip the 10's as I don't have anything smaller in my closet and would love to be a comfortable 6 when I finally reach goal and frankly I don't want to have to go shopping to often for replacement clothes. I had a huge NSV about two weeks ago. I've been on BP medicine for a few years now and I got to the point where I was having dizzy spells and just not feeling right. I kept a diary of my BP readings and made an appointment with my PCM and I am now off BP medicine's. This was one of the motivator's for me to loose weight. I was so tired of the huge deductible for my BP med's that alone almost makes the amount I'm paying weekly for IP worth it. I'm thinking more and more about switching to alternatives. I haven't quite gotten there yet. I just feel so guilty about the amounts that I spend each week for food and supplements.

Marcella
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Marcella,

Try having some tea--it will really help. Or why not some lettuce with lemon/oil/salt on it?
Hi Someday, I have food sensitivities and cannot eat raw veggie's so salads are out. I feel so water logged I can't even think of having more fluid. Thanks for the advice.

Paint Lady
01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Why is it day 6 is worse than day three?? Holy cow I've been really good but for some reason I have been extra hungry today. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast, sweet chard and pudding for lunch, protein bar at 3 and soy patty and zucchini for dinner. I want bread sooooooooooo bad tonight. I don't get this I thought it would get easier. I've been fighting whether I should have another protein pkg. maybe the jello or the yogurt drink will hit the spot. Keep saying yes, no, yes, no. It's 8:30 pm now and still deciding.

Lots of people say that eating the bars makes you hungry. Sorry to say this, but some days you will be hungry. You may feel like you are water logged, but you aren't. Drink the tea, drink some more water... if that doesn't help, go to bed. You likely aren't really hungry, just craving something. You can stir-fry some lettuce if you can only eat cooked veggies. I'm not trying to sound rude, just speaking from experience. Every 3 weeks or so, I had a string of hungry days. Those were the weeks I lost the most. Do what you have to do to stay OP!

Marcella
01-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Decided on the jello. I don't want to feel like I'm starving so bad and want to think of food.

Marcella
01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Lots of people say that eating the bars makes you hungry. Sorry to say this, but some days you will be hungry. You may feel like you are water logged, but you aren't. Drink the tea, drink some more water... if that doesn't help, go to bed. You likely aren't really hungry, just craving something. You can stir-fry some lettuce if you can only eat cooked veggies. I'm not trying to sound rude, just speaking from experience. Every 3 weeks or so, I had a string of hungry days. Those were the weeks I lost the most. Do what you have to do to stay OP!
Thanks Paint Lady and you are definitely NOT rude. This is why I came here for help. Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them all.

gs463
01-10-2012, 09:04 PM

What day are you on? I am on day 5 and have not felt bad at all. A little hungry at times and a bit of a head ache once in a while but that's it. Hopefully we will be those people who don't get sick or feel bad from the program.:dizzy:

Marcella
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
What day are you on? I am on day 5 and have not felt bad at all. A little hungry at times and a bit of a head ache once in a while but that's it. Hopefully we will be those people who don't get sick or feel bad from the program.:dizzy:
I was GREAT yesterday on day 5 but today day 6 was hard but I just had the IP jello and have calmed down. LOL I guess today at school I was surrounded by popcorn and cookies that we sell for fundraising and it may have got to me. I never thought about that until now. Oh well I will have to get use to it because they are around me all day long. Such is life. I feel good now so it will all be good. Thanks guys. A dumb question.... why is it once I hit 20 posts here it stays at 20 and not moves up? Just curious. Thanks

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Marcella, try stir frying lettuce with a little soy sauce. when I was hungry I threw extra lettuce in a stir fry pan, it helped a lot.

p.s. my mom's name was Marcella, you don't see that name too often.

good luck and try not eating the bars. it went to 21 with the last post.

gs463
01-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

So, I lost 3lbs and 2 5/8"...that brings me to 17.25lbs lost in 5 weeks! If all goes well, I should reach 20 lbs next week :-)
I tried on my wedding dress and still need to lose 3 more inches in the chest...I have to order it next month, so I am hoping that it will come off by then. I don't know if one would want to count this as a NSV, but right before I went to try it on, I got asked out on a date by a random stranger. How funny to answer back that I was just on my way to try on my wedding dress!
Then it was off to the Goodwill bin to stuff it full of old big clothes. Now, I am baking fish with 1/4 packet of crushed salt & vinegar crisps (yucky on their own, I think). I hope I will still be able to have pudding cookies tonight since I only used (and precisely measured) 25% of the packet. I saved the rest for another time.
Congratulations to everyone who had good WI's today and for those of you who are struggling, KEEP GOING!

Someday,
Thanks for the idea of using the salt & vinegar crisps on fish. I just opened a bag for the first time tonight. I didn't know what they were cause I was given a bunch of different packs for my first week and the bag just said vinegar. I ate one and thought YUCK!

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Day 2 is done!
Today wasn't as bad of a "feeling" day, but mainly just a mmmm I want bread & pizza kind of day meh.

I'm almost thinking maybe the bars are just making me more hungry rather than helping. meep!

Also, is 924 calories too many for 1 day? :(

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Went to Walmart to get some MIO and of course, they had one flavor (peach tea, no thanks) and a lot of empty shelf space. Grrrr. I really wanted to check this stuff out. Our local grocery store doesn't carry it. Guess I'll try again next week. :(

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 10:23 PM
So random question ~ I have had two c sections and I am wondering if the flop over "gut" will go away while on the program or will I have to do some major areobic work after I meet goal? Any thoughts or people that have experience with this?

zzsmom
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Thank you for posting the supplements. I am surprised that they are all just the "minimum" recommended by the FDA.

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM

If you are still not having many symptoms by day 5 I would guess you are home free. You are just one of the lucky ones.

Day 2 is done!
Today wasn't as bad of a "feeling" day, but mainly just a mmmm I want bread & pizza kind of day meh.

I'm almost thinking maybe the bars are just making me more hungry rather than helping. meep!

Also, is 924 calories too many for 1 day? :(

Just follow the program and you really won't have to worry about the calories at all. I've heard the average calorie count is around 800 to 900 calories per day, so you're good.

DanafromAustin
01-10-2012, 11:03 PM
So random question ~ I have had two c sections and I am wondering if the flop over "gut" will go away while on the program or will I have to do some major areobic work after I meet goal? Any thoughts or people that have experience with this?

I like to fondly call it the "apron." ;) Stomach crunches and weight loss hopefully will help. Walking is good, strength training is better if you want to tone the area. I've had a c-section too and a lot more weight to loose than you so I doubt mine will go away. However I'm doing all that I can to hopefully help it along somewhat.

4kiddos
01-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I like to fondly call it the "apron." ;) Stomach crunches and weight loss hopefully will help. Walking is good, strength training is better if you want to tone the area. I've had a c-section too and a lot more weight to loose than you so I doubt mine will go away. However I'm doing all that I can to hopefully help it along somewhat.

Phase 1 ~ didn't think we were supposed to exercise as to not use our calories. Is it okay to do sit ups and a mild aerobic program?

lkp888
01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who had losses and NSV's. Had my weigh in today and I had a 3lbs loss. Tomorrow it will be 3 months since I started IP and I have lost a total of 48 pounds so far. This program has been the best thing that has happened to me, I am much healthier because of it. Keep up the great work everyone and have a great week and remember DO NOT CHEAT, it's not worth it!!!!! :)

kiki4me
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Tomorrow is weigh in #2 for me! Hoping I do well. Unfortunately, I had to go on prednisone and antibiotics today for walking pneumonia. I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup? Actually, I hope the meds don't mess my weight loss up too!

Blessings to you all out there! Sure appreciate this forum!

kiki4me
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who had losses and NSV's. Had my weigh in today and I had a 3lbs loss. Tomorrow it will be 3 months since I started IP and I have lost a total of 48 pounds so far. This program has been the best thing that has happened to me, I am much healthier because of it. Keep up the great work everyone and have a great week and remember DO NOT CHEAT, it's not worth it!!!!!

Congrats! What an encouragement to hear how well you have done!! I want this weight OFF!!

DanafromAustin
01-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Phase 1 ~ didn't think we were supposed to exercise as to not use our calories. Is it okay to do sit ups and a mild aerobic program?

You can exercise, just make sure you eat protein before and after you workout. Also keep the cardio and strength training on the lighter side (under an hour).

alaskastarr
01-11-2012, 01:18 AM

Ohhh the 180's!!! That's great! Any loss is a great loss I say!:)

alaskastarr
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
I started the protocol 5 days ago today and it hasn't been easy, but I had to go to the doctor today for something and I was sooo excited when I weighed in at 195!!! I had no idea how easy this would be...easy in that last year I tried a different way of eating and I lost about 4 pounds in 5 weeks with very restricted calories and lots of exercise and this is such a different mindset. I'm very glad I found this forum as it helps to read all the positive things going on out there with all of you!

alaskastarr
01-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot, big NSV for me today!! This morning I pulled my freshly washed jeans out of the drawer and not only did I NOT have to do the Dryer Jean Jiggle to get them on, but when I had them on I actually felt sexy in them. It's been a long time since I felt sexy in my jeans :D

That's GREAT!!! ;) gotta love that sexy feeling. I rarely wear jeans just for that reason. You totally made me laugh with the whole Dryer Jean Jiggle thing because I have never heard that expression before:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Linden
01-11-2012, 04:50 AM
on prednisone and antibiotics today for walking pneumonia. I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup? Actually, I hope the meds don't mess my weight loss up too!

Blessings to you all out there! Sure appreciate this forum!

Ask the pharmacist for a sugar free substitute. And be prepared to gain a little form the prednisone. On the other hand, it's worth it to get well -- which I sincerely hope you do, quickly.

Marcella
01-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Marcella, try stir frying lettuce with a little soy sauce. when I was hungry I threw extra lettuce in a stir fry pan, it helped a lot.

p.s. my mom's name was Marcella, you don't see that name too often.

good luck and try not eating the bars. it went to 21 with the last post.
I love the bars and actually after I have one I am fine, it cuts down the hunger. I have it after school is done between 3 and 4 depending how hungry I get. I am use to eating bars because I usually eat protein shakes and bars even before I started IP.
My background is Italian and yes it is not that popular here also. LOL
Thanks for the tips.

Marcella
01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?

SewingMomma
01-11-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?
Just keep following the diet and don't weigh yourself every day. Once a week is all you need. Your weight can fluctuate from day to day or even within a day depending on a variety of factors. The other day I weighed myself four or five times during one day just for kicks, and my weight fluctuated four or five pounds. You won't be losing a pound or more a day for the entire diet. Right now, I'm losing a little more than 3 pounds per week, so if I weighed every morning, the scale wouldn't be moving every day. Just stick with the program, and the weight will come off!!!!

lindac36
01-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Marcella,

good luck and try not eating the bars.

Why do you say, "try not eating the bars"? Is it because it was so late in her day, close to bedtime?

Paint Lady
01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Many find the bars are addictive and many coaches have said that you should not have one everyday, at the most every other day. Lots of people feel like the bars make them even more hungry. They also contain sugar alcohols and some on IP are more sensitive to them and it will impede their losses.

lindac36
01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup?

There are a multitude of sugar free and alcohol free cough syrups out there. Ask your pharmacist if what you were prescribed is available in a sugar/alcohol free formulation, if not, ask her (or him) to call your doc with some recommendations and have it changed. It's too easy to fix for you to worry about. Hope that helps and you feel better.