Weight Loss Support - Flab?

View Full Version : Flab?

Tink2007
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
So I'm a bit worried bout after dropping all this weight my skin will not bounce back. I am still young but still worries me. :o

sontaikle
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm young too (23) and I have extra skin on my stomach that won't seem to respond to anything. I just got to goal though, so who knows what will happen in six months to a year :)

Honestly I'd much rather be here with stretch marks and extra skin than at my starting weight. I feel so much better and I can't describe how awesome that is!

Strength training helped me minimize the extra skin though, I think. Unlike a lot of people I don't have flabby arms. Since I lift heavy my arms are pretty muscular actually! My legs are muscular too...just my darn middle doesn't seem to respond to any core exercises! Blah!

Sunshine73
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I used to worry about that too. I've been overweight my entire life and I know that ending up with extra skin and sagging is a near certainty when it comes to my weight loss. I can't say I'm happy about that but I'm also not happy about being obese either. So, I've chosen to accept that it may happen but to continue forward and not worry so much about. I know it will probably happen and I know it will suck but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it because worrying about it isn't going to change anything and it might not be nearly as bad as I imagine it will be. :hug: