Tejas
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
New Pages.

:hb: Sandra! :woohoo: :cheer3:

pam920
01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
SANDRA

:bday2you::celebrate::bday2you::hb::woo::gift:

happy new week chicks. Another week. No special plans. The weather is still beautiful. Did our morning walk.

Be back later.

nancy237
01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Happy Birthday Sandra..How does it feel to be 28 ????

Here are your 28 candles ....

:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:

:jig: :hat: :twirly: :jig:

ontarget
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you, Friends. I appreciate the birthday wishes. Guess what. I'm now on Medicare. :lol:

Tejas
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Sandra, welcome to the world of oldsters!~ :dance:

OK, life is good: gym work done, meatloaf in the oven, hot tub and nap await me. I have to rest because tonight there is a big gas drilling task force meeting and the paper my colleagues and I wrote will be a topic of consideration.

ontarget
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Oooooooooooo, hot tub and nap........

Vickie
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Sandra, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend! I'm SOOOO sorry I haven't been here earlier today. I had PT and errands and now I'm emptying the rooms that are going to be painted tomorrow. First, some Core Chili with Beans and some Cornbread.

I hope you had a spectacular day and were spoiled rotten!

nancy237
01-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Guess what !!!
Do you remember the builder that told Robin back more than a year ago that he was interested in buying our house "as is" His timing was flexible because he lives in the city now and wants to be out in our area by the time his kids were in grade school.
I have talked to him a few times in the last year to keep him up to date when Robin was sick & now on my plans..Each time he told me to let him know when I was ready to sell. I called him today and its the first time we have talked about a price. I just told him the price I plan to list at and told him that if he is interested I will let him have that price minus the realty commission I would be paying. He is VERY interested he said and mentioned some plans he has for a garage apartment for his mother-in -law. So he & his wife are coming to see it again Sunday..Wouldn't that be something.

sloanie
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow Nancy, that would be something! Hope things turn out exactly as you want!!!

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: Sandra !!!!!

Tejas
01-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Nancy, that could be great. I had wondered what happened to him. Now, about your post last night. My late husband built some steps up to the front porch on one of the houses we lived in in Toronto. I used to drive by the house and just look at the stairs. I could never quite get it that he was gone and they were still there. You'll miss being around what Robin built, but perhaps you will be consoled to know that others enjoy it.

Now, about the meatloaf. It was really good. Here's what I did: substituted ground turkey breast and ground buffalo for beef; substituted 1 large biscuit of shredded wheat for bread crumbs, and egg white for the eggs. It was really healthy, and very tasty.

ontarget
01-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Vickie, thank you for the birthday wishes. You weren't late at all, my friend. I am honored you remembered me. You have a lot going on.

Nancy, that would be great. I wish you the best.

beach bum
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

:woo:HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SANDRA,HOPE IT WAS AT GREAT DAY:woo:Sorry I wasn't on the board yesterday

I woke up late, 10AM after having a bad night of sleeping the night before. The only errand I have is to paid the buildings condo fees.

Mondays are my off day,and will work on my cookbook recipes that I will weed out, put the ones I use on index cards that I'll slip into a photo album sleeve and than eventually take the cookbooks down to the library or church fair this summer. I have over 30+ and I'm don't use anymore as I'm only one person. So that's going to take a lot of Mondays in the months ahead to keep me busy. One woman that I met a a luncheon,gave me the idea.

Have to go to the dentist and than to a wake,one of my choir friends son passed away from cancer he was 48 years old.How sad when you have to bury a child.

Otherwise nothing else is new,going to make a date with Rita Tomorrow for Lunch as Thurs & Fri we are especially a down pour as a front from the south is coming in. HAPPY it isn't SNOW,cause that I wouldn't be able to deal with after having such great weather this winter.

NANCY-I'm so happy to hear that Robins friend in interested in the house. Hope all works out for you.

VICKIE-I was later to wish Sandra a Happy Birthday than you were. I was busy doing my cookbook project.

RHONDA-Your meals sound great,wish I had the will power to cook a real meal again,but every since the beginning of last summer I didn't feel like getting into it again, Here's to frozen entrees. & easy meals. That the reason I'm looking in all my cookbook finding the meals I liked and putting them on a index cards and put into a photo album,get rid of my cookbooks to either the church or library fairs. Than when I want to cook for myself all I have to do is go through the photo album and find my meal. Does that make sense????

Have to go,and ready ready for the dentist

Have a great day

Vickie
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I have the painters here today and tomorrow. My house is all torn apart again and I'm a cranky chick. I actually grumped at poor Jim this morning. I'm not a morning person anyway, but I had a lot to do today to get ready for the painters.

So 2 more days of upheaval and then we should be able to relax a bit until Spring without any more projects.

I'm going to take my grumpy self off to the couch. I didn't sleep well again last night. I feel like I didn't sleep at all, though I know I did.

Have a great day!

Tejas
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Slow here today.

I need to clear out my cookbooks too. But, I just find it so hard to part with them. You just never know when you'll need just THAT recipe :lol:

I'm going to watch Eat, Pray, Love...I'll let you know how long DH lasts!

ontarget
01-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Vickie, I can't picture you being grumpy. I hope you get some rest tonight. Things will be back to normal soon.

Rhonda, I saw that movie and loved it. Made me want to travel.

I got a pedi/mani/haircut today. I'm going back to my natural hair color. it's going to be interesting to see how gray I really am. :lol:

Maryann, I've done some decluttering of recipes, too. And I've needed some of the ones I chunked. Be careful.

nancy237
01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Worked on pool & sheds & garage today. Tonight I went to a friends and had homemade soup, bread , wine & movie..We talked so much that we never finished the movie..

This friend works from home & fixes amazing recipes almost everynight. She just loves to cook..Tonight we had a lentil & meatball recipe that I will have to get from her.

Tejas
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Oooh, that soup sounds good, Nancy. I've got to post my Moroccan meatball recipe.

DH hardly watched the movie (Eat, Pray, Love) but enough that he said "interesting." :lol:

It made me want to travel, and grateful for the traveling I have done, especially in Israel.

Sandra, its "silver" not grey.

ontarget
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Rhonda, :lol: Silver for sure. Curtis watched it, too. I think he actually liked it. He watches quite a few chick flicks inspite of himself. :lol:

I'm High School AG today. I have limited computer access so I may be popping in and out a little.

Nancy, the soup sounds good (not to mention homemade bread which sounds amazing).

beach bum
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had to go to a funeral this morning one of our choir members son passed away, day after New Years. Now I'm home,waiting for the gas man to read my meter and check my gas line as it a mandatory for the state of Ma. every 5 years.

Going to make low carb pancakes and waffles for future breakfasts.Along with that I have find my low carb recipe folder and find a l/c pizza crust recipe that I have to freeze also for future lunch/supper meals.

SANDRA-Thanks I be aware of the ones I put on the toss pile.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day

Tejas
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Just back from 30 minutes on the elliptical :faint:

I got a call from a local reporter--he is writing a short piece on our article and posting our article on the paper's website. I'll let you know when it is posted. It is about gas drilling and its effects on health.

pam920
01-12-2012, 07:43 AM
good morning chicks. I woke up early today. Enjoying my coffee.

Maryann, could you share your low carb pancake recipe?

Rhonda, will look forward to reading the article.

Nancy, any news on the home sale?

I haven't lose any weight, but I sure have firmed up my butt with all the walking we've done. Do you think if I walk backwards I could firm up my belly?

Sandra, you working all week?

Tejas
01-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Pam, I'm enjoying my coffee with you. I think that you might be on to something about walking backwards. I'll ask my trainer today :lol:

nancy237
01-12-2012, 10:38 AM
My friend is coming in a minute to help me seal my bathroom tiles.
Then I am taking my Grandson to his guitar lessons this afternoon.

I went and looked at a neat house yesterday that was in my favorite neighborhood and was just the right size & price. It had a great sunroom & a family room like I want. I think that house won't be the "one" because it was a corner lot but it was encouaging to see that I should be able to find what I need in my price range.

The builder comes Sunday so hopefully he will indicate afterwards how interested he is. Even if he doesn't work out ,I am feeling more relaxed about this house going on the market and finding another . The hard work is done I think , getting this one ready for market. Hopefully by the end of Jan I will be working and let the realtors do their job.

I am starting to do more things with friends at night and work on my list during the day. I seem to be doing so much better than in the fall. Things just don't seem as sad & hard as before ..If I add in work and going to the gym I will be pretty busy.

ontarget
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I am subbing again today with AG. So far, I'm not scheduled for tomorrow. My plan is to sub twice a week unless a school is having an emergency. Last week I just subbed one day. I cancelled an assignment last Friday because of the funeral.

Maryann, please post the low carb pizza crust recipe.

Rhonda, be sure to give us the link to your article. You're famous, Cuz!

Nancy, I'm glad you're doing better. Good success to you on selling and buying. Do you know where you'll be working?

We have a local tournament this weekend. Life is good.

beach bum
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Something is wrong with my computer mouse it not working and I had to use another one that I don't like. Tomorrow I'm going to the Mac store or Staples and buy another mouse.

The Birthday Luncheon was cancelled due to the storm we are getting down pours and high winds.Going to be held next week,hope it doesn't fall on the day I have my new Gas company appointment. Yes I stayed home all afternoon and when they didn't come I called and the customer service person told me I never had appointment scheduled that day. This it the second time they did this to me. So I'm not going to worry about it anymore,as noting it wrong with my gas line or meter,but I was having this appointment as a minatory Mass law saying that every 5 years you must have the gas line checked.

PAM-SURE HERE THE LOW CARB PANCAKE/WAFFLE RECIPE

Protein Pancakes/Waffles
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 scoop of Protein Powder
2 packages of Splenda
1/2 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients,put in a skillet/waffle iron.and cook until the bubbles appear on one side of pancakes and turn. Using a waffle iron cook for at least 5 mins or what ever your instruction on the Waffle Iron tells you.

NANCY-Happy to hear that time is healing all wounds,and I'm glad that you found things to do to keep you busy, I think that's the key. I too found myself busy every day,either in the house or out shopping or meeting with friends.

SANDRA-Here's the Low Carb Pizza Crust

1/4 C FLAXMEAL
1/4 TSP BAKING SODA
1/4 TSP GARLIC SALT
1/4 TSP ONION SALT
1 PK SPLENDA
1TB ITALIAN SEASONINGS
1 TB GRATED PARM
1EGG
2TS WATER

MIX DRY INGREDIENTS,THAN ADD EGG,WATER.SPRAY A DINNER PLATE WITH COOKING SPRAY.SPREAD MIXTURE INTO THE PLATE[WILL BE THE SIZE OF A PERSONAL SIZE PIZZA] MICROWAVE FOR 1 MINUTE & 40 SECONDS. SLIDE OFF THE PLATE INTO A SPRAYED SKILLET BROWN BOTH SIDES OM HIGH. FOR A FEW MINS.

[USE YOUR INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPING BAKE AT 350 DEGREES IN OVEN [I USE THE TOASTER OVEN] UNTIL THE CHEESE MELTS[5 MINS] CUT INTO 4TH'S & ENJOY.

Have to go,have a great evening

ontarget
01-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Thank you, Maryann. I need to get some of the ingredients so I can make it.

ontarget
01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh, wow! Me last and first. Who'da thunk it?

I'm back in AG. Should be an easy day. We're watching the last half the video we saw yesterday.

Yesterday I felt like I ate too heavily. My jeans say so today. I'm having split pea/ham soup and cornpones for lunch (like yesterday). Dinner will be lighter than yesterday's. We may go out. I see a good steak in my future. :lol:

Tejas
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Beat you today, Sandra!

I've got a tap lesson, then lunch with an old boyfriend from my 20's. Sweet. No, DH, has nothing to fear :lol:

Maryann, thanks for the recipes.

Nancy, that's all good news and I'm happy for you.

I've been following the DASH diet for about two weeks and have lost a few pounds. It's an easy one to do. If you're looking for a change, I recommend it to you.

pam920
01-13-2012, 11:16 AM
morning chicks.

Maryann, thanks for the recipe. I've never had protein powder, will try to find it next time I'm out.

Sandra, I'm up a pound this morning. I really need to get serious or I'm going to be back up to my high weight.

Rhonda, I looked up the Dash diet and I'm not quite understanding it. It says cut out the salt. I'm not a salt eater. What did I miss?

Nancy, good to hear you are keeping busy and things are starting to get better. What type of job will you get?

Vickie, did you get the rooms painted? When do we get to see those bathroom pics?

sloanie, how are you doing on core? I need to cut out my snacking. That is my downfall.

ems, where are you?

pam920
01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Rhonda, could you give me a typical days menu?

Vickie
01-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We just survived our first snow storm of the season....8 inches at least! Poor Jim. The snowblower would not work at all so he cleared by hand yesterday and today. I SO worry about him but he did it anyway. I got the snowblower doctor to come pick up the snowblower today and take it in for repair. With luck, we'll have it back before the next snow.

I cancelled my PT appointment. They fix the roads quickly here but the roads to PT are secondary and will take a bit to get cleared. So....I'm going to spend the day doing laundry and then if we can, we'll have date night. It was way too icy last night and the storm was howling.

Rhonda, have fun at your lunch today! I'm definitely going to check out the DASH plan. I'm always open to new ideas. I got my second to last order from JC on Wednesday. They've raised their prices twice in the last 6 months and I'm about to lose my 30% discount. Time for me to take what I've learned and get back to cooking whole fresh Core foods and eating them in smaller portions.

Nancy, I'm so behind in catching up with how life is going! How exciting would that be if your realtor buys your house. Equally exciting to hear that you can find what you like for yourself in a decent price range. We said we wouldn't move from this house, but one never can say never. The snow removal is a big issue. We can find someone to pay to cut the grass, but it's really hard to find someone to do snow removal. I hope you find the place of your dreams.

Mary Ann, did you ever try the Core pancake? The recipe is here on our board. I LOVED the one made with oatmeal and cottage cheese. I think there may be one of those in my future. I used to make them for lunch.

Pam, if you find out that walking backwards gets rid of belly...you better let me know for sure. I feel like mine proceeds me into the room.

Sandra, what's up GF?! Sounds like you are subbing a lot again. Hope they are being nice to teacher. Hmmmmm.....a good steak sounds great. Maybe we'll have a nice filet to celebrate date night and snow removal!

Gotta go work on my laundry and get ready for date night!

ontarget
01-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Vickie, I subbed 3 days this week all in the same classes. The kids were great. We were watching videos. I think they were relieved for the break.

My steak was awesome! Now I'm feeling stuffed even though I ate CORE. I took my own ff Ranch and ff sour cream for the baked potato.

We have a tournament in the AM. During the afternoon we have a bb game for our youngest granddaughter. Should be a fun day.

Rhonda, I'm not worried about you and Doyle. I think you're a perfect couple.

Got to go. I need to get some rest tonight so I can hit those X's. :lol:

Tejas
01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Those core pancakes Vickie mentioned are really good.

I ate out twice today. I will NOT get on the scales tomorrow. Dinner was at a local place and it was down-home: meal too salty, dessert too sweet :lol: I ate only half of each.

Lunch with my old friend today was great. He's retiring and I know all about that!

pam920
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Rhonda, glad you had a good time. Please post a sample daily menu you follow on the Dash diet.

Sandra, my 4 yr old granddaughter is playing bb too. She had to call us this weekend, to let us know she scored. They were at opposite court, she got the ball, went to her end and made a basket. She was so proud. Next year she wants to be the cheerleader, lol. I think they game is really confusing to her. Her daddy is trying to teach her. I remember hating basketball in Jr. high, because I was so short. Still not crazy about the game. My husband played in school and he loves the KY Wildcats. I only watch during playoffs.

I've had those pancakes too, doing the South Beach Diet. I used ricotta cheese.

nancy237
01-14-2012, 01:34 AM
I have so much to do tomorrow to have the house ready by Sunday. Yikes..

I went to a friend's house tonight that had an oyster roast. My first time eating them and I loved them. Guess what !! There was a very nice guy there that I really enjoyed talking to. He was very personable . I have to admit he got my attention which I would have never thought possible. He was a builder and gave me a name of a friend of his that is a handyman. Somehow I think his friend will work out better than the last handyman.

It is so cold here..brrrr..I have my space heater on next to my bed..

Tejas
01-14-2012, 08:06 AM
From the book, The Dash Diet Action Plan by Marla Heller:

B: 1 oz wheaties, 6 oz strawberries, 4 oz skim milk, 4 oz OJ, ww toast, 2 t jam

L: half tuna sandwich with salad, nectarine, 8 oz skim milk

Snack: 1 T almonds; 6 oz nonfat yogurt

D: 3 oz meat,1/2 c green beans, potatoes, salad with dressing, grapes

She says that short women will have to eat only about 1200-1600 calories to lose weight.

I have NOT slept all night! DH says it is a guilty conscience :lol: I wish!! ;)

beach bum
01-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Boy the temps are low this morning I have a thick sweater and pants set to keep me warm. Was going down to the cemetery but its too cold for that so hopefully it will warm up a little so I go on Sunday. No movie this weekend either,we saw all the movies in our area,so we are heading out to an Italian Restaurant down town.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I had to go meet Rita at the restaurant and before that I had lots of errands to do. Glad you gals like the recipes,hope you like the protein shake recipes.

Got on the scale to day and I down 1/2 pound and finally out of the 170's.

VICKIE-Thanks for the offer but,The reason I don't use other pancake recipes except for the protein powder ones is the carb in the oatmeal I have to stay low are carbs to keep my blood sugar stable.

Have to go meet my friend at the Italian restaurant

have a great day.

ontarget
01-14-2012, 04:54 PM
We're home from the tournament. I shot really really well. I'm smiling ear to ear. We're leaving in a few minutes for the bb game.

Pam, tell your grand congratulations on scoring. Our grand has yet to score this season. Maybe this afternoon......

Rhonda, the Dash Diet sounds a lot like CORE, doesn't it? I indulged at lunch on a piece of cornbread at Cracker Barrel. I'm back on track now.

Nancy, sounds like you had a good time. That makes me smile. I hope the new handyman works out well.

Vickie and Maryann, I hope you're warm and toasty.

Sloan, how goes it?

I may make some Almond Joy Pudding later today. It's pretty good. Got to go. See ya later.

ontarget
01-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, now we're home from the basketball game. Our little one got to play a lot but didn't score. (But she's cute!)

I had some butterscotch pudding instead of making any more.

Tejas
01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
DASH is like Core and like low-Glycemic, but the emphasis is on minimally-processed foods also...and you have to count calories.

I'll be gone tomorrow to west Texas to visit my brother in the VA facility. This will be a hard trip, physically and emotionally. We're flying out, visiting, and flying back in one day.

ontarget
01-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Have a safe trip, Rhonda.

pam920
01-15-2012, 10:41 AM
good morning.

Rhonda, safe trip. Thanks for posting your daily menu.

Sandra, any competitions in the near future? Haven't heard you mention your archery lately.

Maryann, stay warm. It's cold here in Florida too. Went down to low 20's last night. Still only 39 on my desktop.

Nancy, hope the new handyman works out.

Vickie, where are those pics???????

beach bum
01-15-2012, 01:29 PM

BRR!!!! Its cold up here this morning is was 11 degrees and no its 14. Just got back from coffee and we decided to have our Canasta card game this Wed at 1pm. Happy to see the game resume again,as it been months since we met.

SANDRA-I expected that the weather and cold temps would come as its winter. Was glad we had such nice warm weather while it lasted. Suppose to go back to the 30's some time this week.

PAM-My sister is Fla now and shes cold but its not as cold as up here in New England. Have my Long Johns on and will wear my winter apparel so I should keep.

Have to go,have a nice Sunday

ontarget
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Just got home from church and lunch. The singing was awesome!

I had roast beef and veggies for lunch. That was awesome, too.

Vickie
01-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to a full day of PT and Hair appointment. I got attacked by a box, thankfully small, of Scottie shortbread cookies yesterday. They were delicious but I know they were a million calories. Oh well.

Feeling huge and need to really get back on plan.

Have a great week.