Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

purple sky
01-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Good Morning/Good Evening

I am up so I thought I might post. Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I have not slept one solid night since starting about 10 days or so ago. Prior, I used to sleep 8 undisturbed hours every night. It's usually because I have to get up and go to the bathroom but it makes the days a little hard because I am already tired from the diet.

That being said, today was one of the best days since I started. Wasn't grumpy or hungry or tired. And oh my, we had that Big Mac in a Bowl. I can't remember the last time I had a Big Mac but I enjoyed every bite even with the pickles. 2 all beef patties, special sauce,...., lettuce

Does anyone know how to make muffins/cake out of the pancakes?

And are the Orange pancake good? Thinking of trying that next.

Have a wonderful Monday and Good Morning/Good Night.

Tried Mio the other day....Yum.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-09-2012, 06:28 AM

I am up so I thought I might post. Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I have not slept one solid night since starting about 10 days or so ago. Prior, I used to sleep 8 undisturbed hours every night. It's usually because I have to get up and go to the bathroom but it makes the days a little hard because I am already tired from the diet.

I'm still new to the plan and I've had to go so much after all the water! I've tried to get my water in early so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night. So far it's been working. Yay!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-09-2012, 06:42 AM
My coach told me I could have red and yellow peppers as long as I didn't cook them. I didn't get clarification as to why but I've seen posts to the contrary here. What's the verdict?

stolaf
01-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Happy Monday! This is day 6 of my re-start to the plan and I finally feel great. Headache free and ready to get going! I even have that hallow feeling this morning and I am loving it again.

I was told green, yellow, red peppers are all ok = cooked or raw. They are a staple of my diet.

As far as water...I start drinking it when I get up and try to drink about 2/3 (not exactly) of my daily intake before lunch so then I have the rest of the day to 'process' it. I have noticed that now that it's colder I was having trouble drinking cold water so I drink herbal tea throughout the day. The orange/mandarin tea or peach teas are my favorite - and I've gotten used to not sweetening them too. Splenda does have some carbs in it and I'd rather not have them add up throughout the day.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I was told green, yellow, red peppers are all ok = cooked or raw. They are a staple of my diet.

I'm not a veggie person so trying to find every possible 'likeable' veggie is a task. I'm doing better than I thought I would so that's a plus. Of course, I'm still only in my first week. Hopefully, I can just stay on track. This site is really helping. I'm am really inspired to see progress pictures and know that it really does work. There are even people from my community here. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that. I have my mom and dad for support but I was worried about skepticism from friends so I just haven't said anything. Also, I know it's kinda selfish but I'm excited to get that wow response from people that I don't see regularly. I've put on this weight and slowly disappeared from outings and gatherings because of how self conscious I was, but I'm tired of sitting in the house and I want to be able to hold my head high again.

P.S. I can't remember now who told me about making cookies from the pudding mix but I need to say thank you!! Thank you, thank you! They totally make the pudding edible for me. I was having a really hard time and this is a relatively easy fix.

MJKinMN
01-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Good morning all!

First week back was really difficult and im hoping that I NEVER have to do a "first week back" again! The cravings were a killer!!! Anyway, down 4.2 lbs total the first week and looking forward to loosing more.

I have been working out on the treadmill and eliptical machine as I have noticed that I REALLY dont care for my giggly legs right now and was wondering if the gals who do work out on this program add their extra protein pack before or after their work-out? I am finding that I need a little extra something after working out...

Have a great day all!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-09-2012, 07:52 AM

That being said, today was one of the best days since I started. Wasn't grumpy or hungry or tired. And oh my, we had that Big Mac in a Bowl. I can't remember the last time I had a Big Mac but I enjoyed every bite even with the pickles. 2 all beef patties, special sauce,...., lettuce

I have these you can try :)

Recipe for Pudding Cookies and S'Mores

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

I do have the recipe for the pancake muffins at home.. will try to find it

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Well I am very happy "!!!! tks again to who recommended the Protein Well site to us Canadians for the shipping costs etc! I ordered 4 boxes on Thur, and by the tracking number, Canada Post indicates the box has arrived in my home town THIS MORNING at 0500hrs! which means I will probably get it today... wow that is fast !!!!!!!!:carrot:

Traceym
01-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Good Morning! After what seems like forever reseaching & preparing, I am finally starting on IP today!! I am very excited, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-09-2012, 08:06 AM

FOUND IT !!!

IP puddings into little cakes

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

You can use ANY flavor of pudding for this recipe :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/236058-recipe-pudding-cake-5.html

mamacitaof2
01-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that.

If people question what I've been eating, I just tell them I'm on a speal meal plan. They can interpret it to dieting if they like. I had a challenge Saturday when we got together for th FCS Championship game (GO BISON!). Lots of good eats, but I was good and ate my chili, salad and veggies and drank my water. My girlfriends, who completely understand, were very impressed with my will power. It really makes a difference when you are determined to change your lifestyle!

You can do it!

NavyMommy
01-09-2012, 08:53 AM
WooHoo!!! Did my first WI this morning and I am down 10.8 lbs!! So excited to be just about where I was when I stopped last time again. What an awesome diet, for those of you struggling through the first week just stick with it, no cheating and it will come off. I didn't expect this number but when I weighed in last week it was the perfect storm of TOM, traveling bloat, and water retention to disgust me enough to get started the very next day.

NavyMommy
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM

I did after a couple of weeks last time. If you're into supplements at all there's a great one called Melatonin that I take some night when I just can't fall asleep, it really helps. I also bought a Sleepytime Extra Herbal Tea that has something in it that's supposed to relax you. I'm planning on starting to drink that with my evening snack just as a little boost. Check out the recipe thread, there are TONS of great ideas for making different things out of all of the packets. I wish I were a 1/10th as creative as these people because I would never have thought of any of them. And bonus, Finn Steven's recipe thread comes with amazing pictures and I think he reviewed everything he made as well.

My coach told me I could have red and yellow peppers as long as I didn't cook them. I didn't get clarification as to why but I've seen posts to the contrary here. What's the verdict?

It's my understanding that all colored peppers are now okay, and as far as I know the only restriction on cooking anything is on the onions because of their natural sugars. I used to sautee them and roast them all the time, add a little soy sauce and they were delicious.

I'm not a veggie person so trying to find every possible 'likeable' veggie is a task. I'm doing better than I thought I would so that's a plus. Of course, I'm still only in my first week. Hopefully, I can just stay on track. This site is really helping. I'm am really inspired to see progress pictures and know that it really does work. There are even people from my community here. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that. I have my mom and dad for support but I was worried about skepticism from friends so I just haven't said anything. Also, I know it's kinda selfish but I'm excited to get that wow response from people that I don't see regularly. I've put on this weight and slowly disappeared from outings and gatherings because of how self conscious I was, but I'm tired of sitting in the house and I want to be able to hold my head high again.

P.S. I can't remember now who told me about making cookies from the pudding mix but I need to say thank you!! Thank you, thank you! They totally make the pudding edible for me. I was having a really hard time and this is a relatively easy fix.

It's hard for me because I have a lot of friends who I used to eat with regularly and I know that they don't agree with the low carb lifestyle. I have just stopped eating in places like church where I have no control over the food and tell them I've already ate and I'm just keeping an eye on what I'm eating, and that's easier when you cook it at home. It's all true, but sometimes I do feel bad I can't share it with them.

Good morning all!

First week back was really difficult and im hoping that I NEVER have to do a "first week back" again! The cravings were a killer!!! Anyway, down 4.2 lbs total the first week and looking forward to loosing more.

I have been working out on the treadmill and eliptical machine as I have noticed that I REALLY dont care for my giggly legs right now and was wondering if the gals who do work out on this program add their extra protein pack before or after their work-out? I am finding that I need a little extra something after working out...

Have a great day all!

Congrats!!! WTG, that's 4.2lbs you'll never have to carry around again. Remember to put your loss in the Valentines Day challenge sheet. I think that those who work out tend to do 1/2 pack before workout and 1/2 pack after. And remembering the first week is sometimes all that kept me OP last time, that and the reasons not to cheat thread.

Good Morning! After what seems like forever reseaching & preparing, I am finally starting on IP today!! I am very excited, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

Welcome!!! Please check in here and let us know if you have any questions, this will be your last diet if you stick with it and no cheating!

mamacitaof2
01-09-2012, 09:16 AM
WooHoo!!! Did my first WI this morning and I am down 10.8 lbs!! So excited to be just about where I was when I stopped last time again. What an awesome diet, for those of you struggling through the first week just stick with it, no cheating and it will come off. I didn't expect this number but when I weighed in last week it was the perfect storm of TOM, traveling bloat, and water retention to disgust me enough to get started the very next day.

YEAH!!! Congratulations!! :carrot:

Lorilou
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Way to go!! :carrot:

Lorilou
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning all! I'm on day 9 and doing pretty good. I was very, very tired yesterday though. My energy level sunk by mid afternoon. Not sure why but I am hoping it picks up today.

Thank you LOSINGFORGOOD2010 for posting the recipes. I will have to try them soon.

I hope everyone has a fantastic IP day! :hug:

WI#1: 9.6

CutieEli
01-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

Welcome new IPers :)

I hope you all had a wonderful IP weekend :)
I sure did!!! :) My BF and I stuck to the plan like crazy and we usually feel quite weak on weekends...so we both had a NSV last night :)

My boyfriend and I went for supper at his parents house yesterday and we had told them that we were following a strict diet and told them what we were allowed to eat and we said that we would bring our own food if she didn't mind so we could stick to the diet..she said not to worry and that there would be something for us instead of the traditional Indian food! So we thought perfect she always prepared something IP¨for us on our last IP adventure so she would do it this time...BOY were we WRONG! LOL

We get to her place and my BF asks her what she made and she mentions all the food she made..and no mention of our dish..so he asks her and she says:
C'monnnnn just one time eat what we are having and go back on it tomorrow LOL that made my BF go a bit coo-coo but we didn't cave in...we made ourselves an omelette with veggies !!! It was SOOOO HARDDD not to go for the good yummie food but we were SO proud when we left and she wasn't mad she understood and apologized right away that she tried to take us off the diet for a night lol

My first official WI is tomorrow but I cheated on the scale the 2nd day and this morning..I had lost 9LBS!!!!! :D I can't wait to take my week 2 pictures and post my official WI!

I have a question for all of you in the States...have the prices of the IP products increased??? Here in Ottawa they went up 3$ a pack for a total of 97$ for 3 boxes...I love the IP products but I think I will have to go the alternative way because 400$ a month is a bit too much for me..=(

Have a wonderful IP day everyone..YOU ARE WORTH IT :)

SewingMomma
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
WooHoo!!! Did my first WI this morning and I am down 10.8 lbs!! So excited to be just about where I was when I stopped last time again.

WAY TO GO!!!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm on day 1 today & it's going good so far :)
Reading all the horror posts about week 1 is kind of scary though LOL.

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 10:30 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Week two is starting out great :) New recipes and different ways to spice up my meals! So, as ive said before I do alternatives to the IP diet, simply because I can't find a coach in my area! Anyways, I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.

lboogs311
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Way to go CutieEli and Navymom! and everyone else with loses!!! I had my first weigh in of round 2 today and i'm down 4. I am thrilled with that, but was hoping for a bigger number with wi 1. I do know that the week b4 TOM is hard for me with water retention, so maybe next week i'll have another decent loss!

Cutieeli, I started out with IP products back in May and by August was using alternatives successfully. Believe me, if I could afford the IP, I would, but I saw the same results with alternative products. Just be sure to do your research with it and there are great threads on here for alternative things. Once I get closer to moving to phase 2 (maybe by June) I am definitely going back to IP to learn how to phase the proper way, but for now believe me, there is no harm in alternative products. I lost 10-12lbs a month using them. Which ever path you chose, there is great support here! Good luck

CutieEli
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Way to go CutieEli and Navymom! and everyone else with loses!!! I had my first weigh in of round 2 today and i'm down 4. I am thrilled with that, but was hoping for a bigger number with wi 1. I do know that the week b4 TOM is hard for me with water retention, so maybe next week i'll have another decent loss!

Cutieeli, I started out with IP products back in May and by August was using alternatives successfully. Believe me, if I could afford the IP, I would, but I saw the same results with alternative products. Just be sure to do your research with it and there are great threads on here for alternative things. Once I get closer to moving to phase 2 (maybe by June) I am definitely going back to IP to learn how to phase the proper way, but for now believe me, there is no harm in alternative products. I lost 10-12lbs a month using them. Which ever path you chose, there is great support here! Good luck

lboogs311 ..that's an awesome WI!!! Congrats!! :D

Thank you for the advice..I am a bit worried to try alternative products but as you mentioned there is a lot of great advice on the threads!
Before I decide to change I will definitely do my research..wouldn't want to ruin anything!
Thanks again :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Quick question: are we allowed to take excedrin?
Just wondering :P

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
WOW. great WI's already this morning congrats!!! and Good luck to the rest of you who WI today. Don't forget to post your losses on the Spreadsheet, Off to the dr I go for my check up....let see how much they freak out!!....hahahaha

Have an awesome 100% OP DAY!!!!!

galpal445
01-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Good Morning!

Still doing well on keeping to the diet. Have even attempted to cut the Diet Coke completely out but am finding I am a LOT hungrier without it! But will give it a few more days just to see if it was keeping me out of ketosis and that is the problem.

WUV2BLOVED - I do have a question about the WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED... you posted on the weekend thread. In the first part of the post it says Crystal Light is OK to drink because we add water to it. And towards the end of the post it says Crystal Light is not OK to drink because it has aspartame in it. I'm going to assume the second one is correct and not drink it since we are discouraged from ingesting aspartame. But it all gets jumbled in my head when things are posted on the board that are exact opposites of each other and really confusing when the opposites appear in the same post! OK, I guess it isn't really a question but more a statement...sorry.

LINDEN - When I had posted the reference to Dr Chanh's book I was referencing the fact that conventional wisdom was saying we needed to consume our higher carbs in the morning so we could burn them off during the day. Dr Chanh says that if we believe this then we don't understand digestion because the carbs would not be available for us to burn during the day and would then be stored as fat during the night when they finally became available for us to use. Eating the higher carbs is not to sustain us during the night, it is so those carbs will be available for our use the next day. In phase one I don't think we have to worry much about when to eat any of the foods because none of them are very high in carbs (so I believe eating the bars any time you want to eat them is fine) but later on in the other phases I believe they tell us to eat the higher carb food at the evening meal with little or no fat (which will mean little or no meat at that meal). So are you telling me that you think Dr Chanh is incorrect and that we should be eating the higher carbs in the morning?

Pamelama
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Good Morning and congrats on all the weight loss and NSV's!

My 5th WI is Wednesday and I'm hoping to lose enough to get me down 20 lbs (around 3.7 I think). Either way I'll be happy. My clothes are much loser, noticing yucky back/bra fat is less and less, I'll get there eventually.

I've loved all the creative recipe posts. I'm trying to plan my order based on some of these yummy ideas! Have a great day! No cheating! :)

rissimo
01-09-2012, 11:21 AM
lboogs311 ..that's an awesome WI!!! Congrats!! :D

Thank you for the advice..I am a bit worried to try alternative products but as you mentioned there is a lot of great advice on the threads!
Before I decide to change I will definitely do my research..wouldn't want to ruin anything!
Thanks again :)

CutieEli, I have been doing alernative products since day one and have been losing quite well on them.

CutieEli
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
CutieEli, I have been doing alernative products since day one and have been losing quite well on them.

What products have you been using? And/ or which ones do you recommend?

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM

You know I can't say whether the excedrin is allowed or not but others seem to swear by licking I think a 1/4 tsp of the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes and the headach should go away.

As for me, a person who is prone to headaches/migraines anyway due to fragrances and other things, I do take excedrin or Imetrex as needed along with my everyday Topamax. My coach has basically said to do what I need to do to not let it become a migraine and believe me, I don'tlet that happen! I don't believe it has hindered my weight loss to a point that I am unhappy about it if at all. I don't take the meds everyday or even weekly sometimes only as needed except for the daily one. I have tried the salt trick a few times and it hasn't worked for me, I wish it did. From time to time though I do go back and try it again because I would rather use that then the excedrin.

SewingMomma
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.

Great Job!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
You know I can't say whether the excedrin is allowed or not but others seem to swear by licking I think a 1/4 tsp of the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes and the headach should go away.

As for me, a person who is prone to headaches/migraines anyway due to fragrances and other things, I do take excedrin or Imetrex as needed along with my everyday Topamax. My coach has basically said to do what I need to do to not let it become a migraine and believe me, I don'tlet that happen! I don't believe it has hindered my weight loss to a point that I am unhappy about it if at all. I don't take the meds everyday or even weekly sometimes only as needed except for the daily one. I have tried the salt trick a few times and it hasn't worked for me, I wish it did. From time to time though I do go back and try it again because I would rather use that then the excedrin.

I get migraines pretty much daily, if not ones that stick around for days on end. So that's why I was wondering. I will try the salt trick, but i'm feeling it's just a migraine day regardless of my new "diet" or not ya know? Just woke up that way before I even started :(

rissimo
01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I get migraines pretty much daily, if not ones that stick around for days on end. So that's why I was wondering. I will try the salt trick, but i'm feeling it's just a migraine day regardless of my new "diet" or not ya know? Just woke up that way before I even started :(

Miranda,
I am one that has lived with Migranes 4 out of 7 days a week. I have not had one since the first week of this plan. If I even feel the slightest twinge of a headache coming on, I will do the salt trick and it goes away. My chiro has been helping me with the migranes when I got them and I have not had to have extra appoinments with him in 2 months.

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I feel for ya. Sometimes I wake up at 2 or 3am with one and will take a 50mg Imitrex and that will to the trick. In the beginning years ago my doctor started with a 100mg tablet and I halved it one time (ask dr. first!) and it did the trick. So we lowered it. There are times when I will have to take another one 30 minutes later but so glad I don't have to deal with the nausea feeling and losing a day and a half in bed any longer. I am so sensitive to scents and really applaud no scent zones.

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Miranda,
I am one that has lived with Migranes 4 out of 7 days a week. I have not had one since the first week of this plan. If I even feel the slightest twinge of a headache coming on, I will do the salt trick and it goes away. My chiro has been helping me with the migranes when I got them and I have not had to have extra appoinments with him in 2 months.

Rissimo, that is great news about your migraines! They are so debilitating when we get them.
A few things I have noticed on this plan is that I do NOT have heartburn anylonger. I sleep better, get up much earlier and have more energy. Now if I could just FOCUS that energy I would have it made.

Linden
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
LINDEN - When I had posted the reference to Dr Chanh's book I was referencing the fact that conventional wisdom was saying we needed to consume our higher carbs in the morning so we could burn them off during the day. Dr Chanh says that if we believe this then we don't understand digestion because the carbs would not be available for us to burn during the day and would then be stored as fat during the night when they finally became available for us to use. Eating the higher carbs is not to sustain us during the night, it is so those carbs will be available for our use the next day. In phase one I don't think we have to worry much about when to eat any of the foods because none of them are very high in carbs (so I believe eating the bars any time you want to eat them is fine) but later on in the other phases I believe they tell us to eat the higher carb food at the evening meal with little or no fat (which will mean little or no meat at that meal). So are you telling me that you think Dr Chanh is incorrect and that we should be eating the higher carbs in the morning?

Perhaps the confusion here arises from the fact that your y talking about all phases; I thought we were talking about Phase 1. Regardless, unless one goes whole hog, you always eat more carbs at the "Big Breakfast" than you do at lunch (no appreciable carbs) or dinner.

My understanding of the IP main office's interpretation of the program is that they would prefer that you not have the bar as your snack at night.

It's also true that Dr Chanh's program was originally directed toward quite active athletes. And if you look at his program the way it's distributed in France, I think, but I'm not certain, that it is intended for fairly short intervals and the carb allocation and distribution is somewhat different. And in terms of full disclosure, I haven't looked at that program in almost a year so it may have changed. Hope this helps.

rissimo
01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Rissimo, that is great news about your migraines! They are so debilitating when we get them.
A few things I have noticed on this plan is that I do NOT have heartburn anylonger. I sleep better, get up much earlier and have more energy. Now if I could just FOCUS that energy I would have it made.

Yea, when I get the migranes I am out of commission until they are totally gone, and then I am drained the other days. Gee, I haven't missed it one bit. I have notice as well, that I no longer have heartburn and no problems with my IBS. I also have problems with my lower back and have Plantar Facitis and have no problems with them either. I am able to stand on my feet pretty much all day now with no pain what so ever. I am the same way at sleeping better and getting up earlier. And I totally agree with FOCUSING the energy.

sarahmayhem
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Week two is starting out great :) New recipes and different ways to spice up my meals! So, as ive said before I do alternatives to the IP diet, simply because I can't find a coach in my area! Anyways, I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.

That's amazing!! Great job :carrot:

I have a question for all of you in the States...have the prices of the IP products increased??? Here in Ottawa they went up 3$ a pack for a total of 97$ for 3 boxes...I love the IP products but I think I will have to go the alternative way because 400$ a month is a bit too much for me..=(

Have a wonderful IP day everyone..YOU ARE WORTH IT :)

Congrats on resisting your family's pressure! You will thank yourself tomorrow when you weigh in :)

And I think our products in the US average about $3.00 a piece, with the exception of the RTD shakes which are about $4.00.

4lbs is still awesome! Congrats!! :)

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Yea, when I get the migranes I am out of commission until they are totally gone, and then I am drained the other days. Gee, I haven't missed it one bit. I have notice as well, that I no longer have heartburn and no problems with my IBS. I also have problems with my lower back and have Plantar Facitis and have no problems with them either. I am able to stand on my feet pretty much all day now with no pain what so ever. I am the same way at sleeping better and getting up earlier. And I totally agree with FOCUSING the energy.

LOL I really have to laugh about the Plantar Facitis (sorry). I had that problem about four years ago and wore orthotics in my shoes and took ibuprofen for longer than I should have. For about a year it felt like walking on glass shards when I would get up in the morning or from a chair. I just never wanted to sit down once I was on my feet. One day I was in my backyard and slipped on some wet grass on a hill (we have a walk-out basement) and twisted my ankle. A day later when it felt better my plantar facitis was GONE! My doctor said I must have really stretched that tendon as well when I twisted my ankle. I have never had a problem since. But I don't endorse trying that:dizzy:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
So I'm supposed to be starting today . . . . problem is I just woke up at 11:37 AM. I may have a bit of a messed up sleep schedule. Should I treat my meals as if right now is breakfast, dinner is lunch, midnight is dinner, and before I sleep as a snack, or should I treat right now as lunch and just try to force myself (or take sleeping meds) to sleep at a normal time?

rokkerchik20
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Good Morning Everyone, I am now on day 7 of my restart, and havent gone a single day without a CHEAT! im finding it harder this time, even tho i KNOW i will get results and how much better i will feel, but i just counted out the days, just 55 days until my sisters wedding, and of course i want to look fab in that bridesmaid dress!! Today is the day that i say goodbye to bread and sugars!

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Good Morning Everyone, I am now on day 7 of my restart, and havent gone a single day without a CHEAT! im finding it harder this time, even tho i KNOW i will get results and how much better i will feel, but i just counted out the days, just 55 days until my sisters wedding, and of course i want to look fab in that bridesmaid dress!! Today is the day that i say goodbye to bread and sugars!

You've done this once! You can do it again! We're all here for you :D :carrot::carrot::carrot:

licaba
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Today is day 4 for me. I have been feeling ok, no headaches not even feeling hungry. Since this is all very new to me and I have only met with my coach once I did eat 2 restricteds 2 days in a row. Sent her an email and felt relieved when she got back to me and said since its my first week Its ok and re-educated me a little.

One thing I know for sure is I hate the soups, the only word I can use to describe them is gross. I'm not a big soup person anyway. I will try some of the tips I have read about adding things to make them taste better but I have little hope for them.

I do however enjoy everything else I have tried, I am thinking I can do this without the soups. Maybe alternating the omelets/shakes/drinks/oatmeal for breakfast and lunch.

Anyone else anti-soup?

MustangMolly
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Just back from my first "official" WI after vacation and I am happy to say I have lost 7 pounds! I am actually 1 pound less than before vacation started. I must say I am not a fan of the broc/cheese soup--they were out of the chicken and this was my only other choice. Good luck to everyone else who has yet to WI this week.

DanafromAustin
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Good morning all!

Have a great day all!
MY coach says to make sure you have some protein right before and right after exercising. So, I would suggest taking one IP packet and just splitting it up.

So I'm supposed to be starting today . . . . problem is I just woke up at 11:37 AM. I may have a bit of a messed up sleep schedule. Should I treat my meals as if right now is breakfast, dinner is lunch, midnight is dinner, and before I sleep as a snack, or should I treat right now as lunch and just try to force myself (or take sleeping meds) to sleep at a normal time?

I also overslept today too, thanks to a thunderstorm last night and a very nervous dog. I would just eat your breakfast now and make sure you get in your 3 packets plus your own meal in today. If you have to eat them closer together then do it. Either way you will need the calories, so don't worry about the timing of them.

One thing I know for sure is I hate the soups, the only word I can use to describe them is gross. I'm not a big soup person anyway. I will try some of the tips I have read about adding things to make them taste better but I have little hope for them.

I do however enjoy everything else I have tried, I am thinking I can do this without the soups. Maybe alternating the omelets/shakes/drinks/oatmeal for breakfast and lunch.

Anyone else anti-soup?

I don't mind the chicken soup and do have it a lot for lunch. However there are enough other options to pick from. Many days for lunch I just drink a shake and have a salad.

Congrats to all of you who had WIs today. Great job! :bravo:

I'm so glad it's a new day here. For whatever reason yesterday was a really hard day for me. I've never cheated once on this diet, but I felt like I was in a real slump yesterday food wise. Although I could never bring myself to cheat, boy I felt close. So last night for dinner my daughter, who is also on the plan, went out for dinner to one of my favorite restaurants in town (husband and son were already busy). We had this wonderfully tasty roasted chicken (I removed the skin of course) and roasted brussel sprouts. It felt just right for a cold Sunday night dinner - a real comfort food IP style. It helped a lot, but I did have food dreams last night. Hopefully the diet slump feeling will go away today and I'll try a new recipe for dinner tonight.

nabeelmalik
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi All,

Just a lurker here, who has been following this group for a while.I joined IP last friday and have lost 7.3 lbs according to my home scale, as of this morning, i know most of it is water weight, but i'll take it :) I'll be honest, yesterday and today, i have been having headaches and hunger pains, but i just make sure i keep busy and get through to my 'feeding window'. I will say i have done a similair diet before, where i lost over 80 lbs, but got so discouraged by drinking shakes and low carbs, that i got off and kinda maintained that weight loss for a year swinging between the same 20 lbs over and over.

I am trying IP with a fresh mind set and any type of group support would be cool :)

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Good Morning!

Still doing well on keeping to the diet. Have even attempted to cut the Diet Coke completely out but am finding I am a LOT hungrier without it! But will give it a few more days just to see if it was keeping me out of ketosis and that is the problem.

WUV2BLOVED - I do have a question about the WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED... you posted on the weekend thread. In the first part of the post it says Crystal Light is OK to drink because we add water to it. And towards the end of the post it says Crystal Light is not OK to drink because it has aspartame in it. I'm going to assume the second one is correct and not drink it since we are discouraged from ingesting aspartame. But it all gets jumbled in my head when things are posted on the board that are exact opposites of each other and really confusing when the opposites appear in the same post! OK, I guess it isn't really a question but more a statement...sorry.

SOME of the crystal light has aspartame some doesn't. We can have the ones that DON'T have the aspartame, and IF I happen to drink some with the aspartame, I drink more water throughout the day. The things I re-post that are things that were given to me by my clinic, I do not come up with this stuff on my own. I am just trying to pass along information that was given to me to help others along their journey. You are the first person to be confused about that post and I have been posting it for 7 months now.

The salt trick may not work for you since you are already prone to the migraines :(

I would say its ok to have the excedrin :) like another poster said do what works for you.

Bellasmommy924
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Good afternoon all! Happy Monday! It's weird.. i'm at work and super hyper.. i am anxious for my work out class tomorrow... imagine that!

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi All,

Just a lurker here, who has been following this group for a while.I joined IP last friday and have lost 7.3 lbs according to my home scale, as of this morning, i know most of it is water weight, but i'll take it :) I'll be honest, yesterday and today, i have been having headaches and hunger pains, but i just make sure i keep busy and get through to my 'feeding window'. I will say i have done a similair diet before, where i lost over 80 lbs, but got so discouraged by drinking shakes and low carbs, that i got off and kinda maintained that weight loss for a year swinging between the same 20 lbs over and over.

I am trying IP with a fresh mind set and any type of group support would be cool :)

Welcome and we are glad you came out of lurking!!!...always good to see new faces around here!!....have you tried the salt trick for your headache? you might try it and see if it helps!

Eat breakfast now, I am just eating my breakfast now myself, I had a Dr appt and needed to fast. I will eat lunch around 3-4 dinner around 7-8 then my snack around 11 :)

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I just got back from seeing my PCM which I had not seen him since March weighing in at 388lbs today I weighed in at 268lbs.....that is 120lbs lighter!!!!....He asked what I was doing I told him and he said would you like to become a COACH for me? I want to sell this stuff and YOU can change people's lives...I said YES SIR, I WOULD LOVE TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!......they are calling IP today to get things underway and within 2 weeks I will be on my way!!!....SUPER SUPER EXCITED right now!!!....

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!

nabeelmalik
01-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I just got back from seeing my PCM which I had not seen him since March weighing in at 388lbs today I weighed in at 268lbs.....that is 120lbs lighter!!!!....He asked what I was doing I told him and he said would you like to become a COACH for me? I want to sell this stuff and YOU can change people's lives...I said YES SIR, I WOULD LOVE TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!......they are calling IP today to get things underway and within 2 weeks I will be on my way!!!....SUPER SUPER EXCITED right now!!!....

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!

congrats!! thats awesome!! now you can tell us their secret marketing strategy ;)

Welcome and we are glad you came out of lurking!!!...always good to see new faces around here!!....have you tried the salt trick for your headache? you might try it and see if it helps!

:)

Explain the salt trick ?

Linden
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM

You've been given really good advice. But if you're life-style tends more to getting up at noon (I"m so envious), plan to have breakfast then, space your meals about 4.5 hours apart, and snack 2 hours or so later. That should work fine except it doesn't give you a lot of daylight to get out and walk. ;)

Linden
01-09-2012, 01:49 PM

That is SO great. Bet you're over the moon. :D :hug:

marie montreal
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Day 3 for me! Me too have not sleep properly since first starting, hope it goes away I am pretty tired. I was considering some over the counter sleeping aids, anyone try those (not real big on meds).

marie montreal
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I am from Canada and doing an alternative verison, I noticed many people use AES (I think that's how it's written) but we don't seem to have any here, even at WalMart, anyone from Canada know where I can find these or an equivalent substitute?

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM

That is so amazing... You are so inspirational :)

nabeelmalik
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Day 3 for me! Me too have not sleep properly since first starting, hope it goes away I am pretty tired. I was considering some over the counter sleeping aids, anyone try those (not real big on meds).

i have been taking melatonin and the last 2 nights i have been waking up in the middle of the night as well.... its strange, this has never happend to me before.,

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I ate breakfast and am going to try to space out meals for today and straighten out my sleep for tomorrow. I had a pure protein bar for breakfast and it was kind of gummy. I ate it slowly and it was very filling, it just wasn't the best taste in the world. I can put up with it, though!

I could technically sleep all day, but I like to get up at 5 in the morning so I can do my writing work, then have a long day ahead of me.

I'd like to go on a walk today, but it's snowing and I don't have a jacket D;

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Wuv, that is fantastic!! You would be and are so motivational. They would be lucky to have someone like you there.

sarahmayhem
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Just back from my first "official" WI after vacation and I am happy to say I have lost 7 pounds! I am actually 1 pound less than before vacation started. I must say I am not a fan of the broc/cheese soup--they were out of the chicken and this was my only other choice. Good luck to everyone else who has yet to WI this week.

Woo! Congrats! ...And I think the soups are pretty bad too lol.

No matter what your sleeping schedule is, the most important thing is to get all of your food/vitamins in.

Congrats!!! :carrot:

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
The salt info for headaches is that you are supposed to take a 1/4 tsp of your sea salt, put it in the palm of your hand and lick it. Wait about 20 minutes and it should help your headache. My paper also says that a 1/3 tsp of sea salt in 8 oz of water should alleviate a headache in 15 minutes too. Hope this helps you.

mamacitaof2
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Congratulations! You are a true inspiration! I think having a coach that is a sucess story is the only way to go. Kinda hard taking advise from someone who's never had to worry about their weight is frustrating!

You will do an amazing job! ;)

Trinique125
01-09-2012, 02:41 PM

that's great news Lisa, you would make an excellent coach and looks like the scales finally caught up with you this week, you should have a great loss this week:carrot:

rissimo
01-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Explain the salt trick ?

1/2 tsp of seasalt in the palm of you hand, lick it off and then drink some water, 15-20 minutes your headache should be gone. Ususally the headaches are due to not enough salt.

Lakewood
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM

How exciting! I don't know what else to say - wow! Just WOW!

Gardengurl71
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Good morning everyone :) I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

Wuv- I think it is a fabulous idea for you to be a coach! Not only are your accomplishments AMAZING but you always have just the right encouraging words to keep us going. I also think that it would be a gift to others for you to share not only your experience but your wealth of knowledge. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds strange...but I even dreamed I met you in real life the other day! LOL...that's how much of a celebrity you are on this site!!!! hugs to you!:hug:

Today is Day 11...I have my second WI tomorrow. I am super excited, although it pains me to weigh in at 3:30 in the afternoon!!! I like my morning weight better :) However...I suppose in the big picture it doesn't really matter...the numbers are all heading the right direction!

I dreamed again(yes AGAIN) that I had gone crazy eating chocolate and butter and bread and was so disappointed that I had worked so hard for 10 days and thrown it all away. I was relieved when I woke up and realized I was still OP and going strong! LOL.

have a great day everyone! Alicia:carrot:

Mickeymom
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello Everyone. I am glad to see everyone doing well.
Stay strong for those of you on the first week. I just finished mine (for the second time) and it was tough but i feel MUCH better now.
Actually, i went to my WI after 2 weeks off over the holidays, and i stilll lost weight. i was so excited.
WUV - congratulations. You will be a great coach!
Have a great week!!

MustangMolly
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM

That is great! Congratulations. Did you ever think you would become such an inspiration and even a coach? I bet your mom is really proud of you and for you. :hug:

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I ate breakfast and am going to try to space out meals for today and straighten out my sleep for tomorrow. I had a pure protein bar for breakfast and it was kind of gummy. I ate it slowly and it was very filling, it just wasn't the best taste in the world. I can put up with it, though!

I could technically sleep all day, but I like to get up at 5 in the morning so I can do my writing work, then have a long day ahead of me.

I'd like to go on a walk today, but it's snowing and I don't have a jacket D;

Cut your bar into bite size pieces so you can "nibble" on them instead of taking bites out of the bar. It last a little longer and sometimes makes you feel fuller (in my head)....just a suggestion :)

Good morning everyone :) I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

Wuv- I think it is a fabulous idea for you to be a coach! Not only are your accomplishments AMAZING but you always have just the right encouraging words to keep us going. I also think that it would be a gift to others for you to share not only your experience but your wealth of knowledge. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds strange...but I even dreamed I met you in real life the other day! LOL...that's how much of a celebrity you are on this site!!!! hugs to you!:hug:

Today is Day 11...I have my second WI tomorrow. I am super excited, although it pains me to weigh in at 3:30 in the afternoon!!! I like my morning weight better :) However...I suppose in the big picture it doesn't really matter...the numbers are all heading the right direction!

I dreamed again(yes AGAIN) that I had gone crazy eating chocolate and butter and bread and was so disappointed that I had worked so hard for 10 days and thrown it all away. I was relieved when I woke up and realized I was still OP and going strong! LOL.

have a great day everyone! Alicia:carrot:

Awww...Thank you!!....Never know might just meet me one day, never know where I will be.....lol

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!:congrat::congrat: You will make a GREAT coach.

I am from Canada and doing an alternative verison, I noticed many people use AES (I think that's how it's written) but we don't seem to have any here, even at WalMart, anyone from Canada know where I can find these or an equivalent substitute? Do you have a COSTCO near you? that is where most people get the EAS drinks. I haven't found any at walmart either, but you could try GNC as well I believe they have them as well. Good luck in your search.

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
That is great! Congratulations. Did you ever think you would become such an inspiration and even a coach? I bet your mom is really proud of you and for you. :hug:

Honestly, when the weight started dropping off as fast as it did and when i got to my first 50lbs gone, I knew I wanted to do something with the program. There aren't many options here for it only ONE clinic down here, so now there will be 2!!! and Mine, well, will be awesome....haha...I called my mom and told her and she was just as excited as I was .....lol

janniegoingdown
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the IP Soy Patty mix? I just had it for lunch and its a definite no for me! Week 2 and going strong!

rissimo
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Honestly, when the weight started dropping off as fast as it did and when i got to my first 50lbs gone, I knew I wanted to do something with the program. There aren't many options here for it only ONE clinic down here, so now there will be 2!!! and Mine, well, will be awesome....haha...I called my mom and told her and she was just as excited as I was .....lol

Lisa, Congratulations!!!! You are going to make one AWESOME coach!!!!!!! Any come that comes to you is going to be very lucky. You are a true inspiration to us here and we luv you dearly!!!!!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Congrats! That's a great loss. I hope to do as well at my first WI.

purple sky
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I have these you can try

Recipe for Pudding Cookies and S'Mores

Thank you so much, LOSINGFORGOOD2010. I will give these recipe suggestions a try. The first week I did everything by the book but this week I am finding my taste buds need more.

I did after a couple of weeks last time. If you're into supplements at all there's a great one called Melatonin that I take some night when I just can't fall asleep, it really helps. I also bought a Sleepytime Extra Herbal Tea that has something in it that's supposed to relax you.

Thank you, NavyMommy. I am happy to report that I did sleep a full night last night but I am going to try that tea.

My boyfriend and I went for supper at his parents house yesterday and we had told them that we were following a strict diet and told them what we were allowed to eat and we said that we would bring our own food if she didn't mind so we could stick to the diet..she said not to worry and that there would be something for us instead of the traditional Indian food! So we thought perfect she always prepared something IP¨for us on our last IP adventure so she would do it this time...BOY were we WRONG! LOL

Kudos for sticking to it, CutieEli.

I cannot even imagine resisting Indian Food. The aromas alone.... You are very strong. Maybe next time she will make you a spicy omelet.

Cut your bar into bite size pieces so you can "nibble" on them instead of taking bites out of the bar. It last a little longer and sometimes makes you feel fuller (in my head)....just a suggestion

That's what I do, wuv2bloved. I remembered a Seinfeld episode from years ago where they were cutting their bars and eating them with forks and knives. I don't use a fork but I enjoy the little pieces.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Wow! Congrats, what an honor!

ptod
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Wuv - that is great news! Congrats! Plus you now know that your PCM is one smart guy! :D

Any news on your DJ friend who asked for your help?

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Someone loaned me a copy of Chef Verati's My Ideals Recipes, 250 Ways to Enjoy Your Meals for Phase 1-2, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to use it. None of the recipes give number of servings, or how large a serving is. Does anyone have this book and know how to use it. It is a gorgeous book with lots of pictures. Was thinking of buying it, but not sure, since I can't figure out how to use. Copyright date says 2011.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM
wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Wuv - that is great news! Congrats! Plus you now know that your PCM is one smart guy! :D

Any news on your DJ friend who asked for your help?

Nope, he hasn't contacted me again. I am not pushing him to it, I don't think he would stay on it. He is not in the right place right now, IMO.

Someone loaned me a copy of Chef Verati's My Ideals Recipes, 250 Ways to Enjoy Your Meals for Phase 1-2, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to use it. None of the recipes give number of servings, or how large a serving is. Does anyone have this book and know how to use it. It is a gorgeous book with lots of pictures. Was thinking of buying it, but not sure, since I can't figure out how to use. Copyright date says 2011.

I have the cookbook and have not used it. Most of the servings are 2-4 mostly 4. I get more recipes from FinnSteven's thread or the recipe thread. I would not spend the money IMO. My cousin bought it and he won't use it so he gave it to me that is the only reason why i have it.

FoolishHeart
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;

I can relate! I didn't like cucumbers before IP, but now I love them! It's amazing what you grow to love when your plan is so restrictive! I hope you can find some things you really like. I think it's helpful in staying OP long term. I hope you keep trying new things and find some that you LOVE! I really look forward to my roasted cauliflower, and crispy kale chips. I would not have been excited about those before IP.

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I have the cookbook and have not used it. Most of the servings are 2-4 mostly 4. I get more recipes from FinnSteven's thread or the recipe thread. I would not spend the money IMO. My cousin bought it and he won't use it so he gave it to me that is the only reason why i have it.

How sad that it was put out that way for a diet that is probably going to be used for 1, maybe 2 people in the family at a time. It is so much easier to multiply a recipe then try and divide one. Also, none of the recipes indicate if it is a Phase 1 or 2 recipe. I have copied many of FinSeven's recipes from his thread to Evernote, an online program I use, as it is easier for me to quickly find something that I'm looking for (really struggling with the search feature on this site.) I think you are right in that it might be a waste of my money. I only have a couple more days before I need to return it, so for now will be taking a much closer look at FinnSteven's recipes. Thanks for the advise.

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 04:46 PM
I can relate! I didn't like cucumbers before IP, but now I love them! It's amazing what you grow to love when your plan is so restrictive! I hope you can find some things you really like. I think it's helpful in staying OP long term. I hope you keep trying new things and find some that you LOVE! I really look forward to my roasted cauliflower, and crispy kale chips. I would not have been excited about those before IP.

Have you tried sprinkling a packet of splenda on your cucumber??....YUMMY sweet, salty and crunchy!!....you would be surprised!!

How sad that it was put out that way for a diet that is probably going to be used for 1, maybe 2 people in the family at a time. It is so much easier to multiply a recipe then try and divide one. Also, none of the recipes indicate if it is a Phase 1 or 2 recipe. I have copied many of FinSeven's recipes from his thread to Evernote, an online program I use, as it is easier for me to quickly find something that I'm looking for (really struggling with the search feature on this site.) I think you are right in that it might be a waste of my money. I only have a couple more days before I need to return it, so for now will be taking a much closer look at FinnSteven's recipes. Thanks for the advise.

I believe all of the recipes in the cookbook are for phase one or at least the majority of them are.

Lorilou
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

That's amazing! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

FoolishHeart
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Have you tried sprinkling a packet of splenda on your cucumber??....YUMMY sweet, salty and crunchy!!....you would be surprised!!

Ooooh, I'll have to try that! BTW, I did take your advice on adding a restrictive in once a day. I'm having a Pure Protein bar for breakfast now, instead of just using shakes. It really helped my energy level in the morning. Thank you!

Trinique125
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Lol

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

CONGRATS on this WI, now was all of the not eating at the baby shower and the other outing you had worth it? These are the types of results you will have IF you stick with the program. Yes this was an outstanding WI BUT will not happen every week, already remember that. Your body will have to catch up to this big loss so you may have a week or 2 of smaller losses. Just don't get discouraged when it happens and REMEMBER.....ANY LOSS is a LOSS no matter how small it is and it is NEVER ONLY a loss :)

FoolishHeart
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM

You're becoming an official coach?! I mean, you are already an awesome coach, you've helped so many of us here, so I'm not surprised, I'm just really excited for the people who get to be your clients! Congratulations!

Danni1
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Congratulations!! What an honour to be asked! You will truely be an inspiration to all that you coach!

: Do you have a COSTCO near you? that is where most people get the EAS drinks. I haven't found any at walmart either, but you could try GNC as well I believe they have them as well. Good luck in your search.

When I looked at a Costco in Edmonton all they had for RTD was Premier nutrition protien shakes, Lean Fit Health GFR protien shake and a brand of whey protien powder. I wonder if it varies by province what the Costco stores carry.

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
You're becoming an official coach?! I mean, you are already an awesome coach, you've helped so many of us here, so I'm not surprised, I'm just really excited for the people who get to be your clients! Congratulations!

YES!!....I will know in 2 weeks!...the dr better provide me with a computer so that I can still keep up here....lol.....thank you :) this is another one of my favorites for my cucumbers. I have them everyday for lunch!!

Spiced Cucumbers
1 large cucumber
1 packet of artifical sweetener
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of pepper
Seasoning of your choice to taste (I use Mrs. Dash original)
Cut cucumbers into slices. Combine artificial sweetener, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and seasonings. Place cucumbers into the marinade and enjoy.

This can also be made into a dressing :)

SewingMomma
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Wuv, That is AWESOME!!!

I had my WI today, down another 3.6 pounds. I'm so excited because as of this weight in I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Plus, I was measured today (my clinic does it every two weeks), and I'm down 7 inches for a total of 21 inches. Amazing! I'm going to have to hit TJ Maxx or some other discount store to try on some smaller sizes. My clothes are really getting too big.

MustangMolly
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the IP Soy Patty mix? I just had it for lunch and its a definite no for me! Week 2 and going strong!

That was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten! It got bigger every time I chewed it. I threw away the entire box!

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
That was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten! It got bigger every time I chewed it. I threw away the entire box!

LMAO, that was exactly my reaction. I brought mine back to my clinic and said ummm I don't so...she left me switch it out.....lol

Junetwin11
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Wuv~ U r awesome :)
This is the best diet ever!!! :)

Lorilou
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM

That is fantasic! He must have been shocked to see how great you have done. I'm glad to hear that a Dr is excited about the program. I haven't told mine yet and will wait until my appt next month.

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
That is fantasic! He must have been shocked to see how great you have done. I'm glad to hear that a Dr is excited about the program. I haven't told mine yet and will wait until my appt next month.

He freaked out when he opened the door and saw me....lol...he called in all of the office people and nurses to come see me....:o but loving every minute of it....lol..he said he will get on the program as well!

SewingMomma
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM

My internist actually recommended the program to me. His wife runs a clinic, and he really studied the science behind it before she got in to it. They both went on the program this summer and lost weight.

Danni1
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Just a few quick questions:

Can we use advil/tylenol to control the headaches or any other pains? Just wondering if there is a restriction on using pain killers.

When you drink herbal or caffine-free teas do you count them toward your daily water intake? Or are they just what some people call a free drink and you still need to take in your total water intake.

This is my second day using alternatives (I actually have my appointment at the IP clinic tomorrow morning) and so far I don't have any headaches or hunger so far, but I get the chills every once and a while. They don't stick around, just a quick chill and it is gone. If it doesn't get much worse I can handle that.:)

Lorilou
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
My internist actually recommended the program to me. His wife runs a clinic, and he really studied the science behind it before she got in to it. They both went on the program this summer and lost weight.

That's good to hear. I really don't care if my Dr doesn't approve because I am going to stick to this anyway. I have to do this for me regardless of what anyone says!

Wuvs Mom
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM

YES!!!! I am very excited and proud of her. Being on this site has helped her in more ways than one. The ability to help others has helped her stay motivated and be strong. You are all on the right journey to make yourselves healthy. Stay Strong!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM

Can we use advil/tylenol to control the headaches or any other pains? Just wondering if there is a restriction on using pain killers.

When you drink herbal or caffine-free teas do you count them toward your daily water intake? Or are they just what some people call a free drink and you still need to take in your total water intake.

This is my second day using alternatives (I actually have my appointment at the IP clinic tomorrow morning) and so far I don't have any headaches or hunger so far, but I get the chills every once and a while. They don't stick around, just a quick chill and it is gone. If it doesn't get much worse I can handle that.:)

I have used advil/aleve/tylenol. If the teas are caffine-free then you can count it as your water. If it is caffeinated then you have to add an extra 8oz of water to your daily amount

Danni1
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of having a tea at coffee break but right now I am focusing on trying to get the water in. So much water! Nice to know that the teas will count as well. I already only drink decaf coffee/tea so atleast I don't have to worry about caffine withdrawl on top of everything else!

sarahmayhem
01-09-2012, 05:38 PM

Everyone seems to hate on the soy patties, but I actually love them! (I was never a huge meat eater, so I've grown up on veggie burgers/tofu.) ....if you add a lot of spices and then some sauces (WF BBQ, ranch and mustard) it tastes delicious. (IMO ;) )

What did you eat for lunch?

I had my WI today, down another 3.6 pounds. I'm so excited because as of this weight in I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Plus, I was measured today (my clinic does it every two weeks), and I'm down 7 inches for a total of 21 inches. Amazing! I'm going to have to hit TJ Maxx or some other discount store to try on some smaller sizes. My clothes are really getting too big.

Congrats! Your WIs are always huge drops! You're doing awesome!

FoolishHeart
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
SewingMomma - congratulations! That's wonderful! 10% is a great milestone!

Wuv, that's just wonderful. You deserve so much success!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
I had a shake, broccoli and cauliflower (steamed), and some romaine. One thing that was bad was that the romaine was cold and the other veggies were hot. For dinner I've put the veggies in the fridge after cooking them so I can have them cold. I don't have any seasoning or sugar free syrup so I'm having to make due with what I have.

My aunt is going to show me how to make pancakes and waffles out of my shake mix when she visits, as well as how to do a few other things so I'll probably like the food better after she gives me some instruction.

Momto2cs
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I had the chicken soup for lunch. I add mashed cauliflower and curry powder. It is delicious!

I need the soups to keep me full during the day. I like the mushroom and the chicken best. I have not found a way to make the tomato soup taste good...

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I have had the soy patty and I really quite liked it, I ground up celery and mushrooms and mixed that in with taco spices and then had it on a salad, with a little salsa and it was a very good taco salad.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Would it be okay to split my meat between lunch and dinner? I think taste-wise I'd enjoy my lunch a lot better if I could put half of the tuna from dinner into my veggies at lunch.

4kiddos
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Hello all. Happy Monday to everyone. Congrats on the WI sounds like everyone has been doing great! I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, brings me to 12 lbs and 26 inches! I saw 3 people yesterday I haven't seen since I started the program a month ago and they were like, WOW you look so skinny. Total NSV for me. Made my day. :) I am having ahard time eating all the meat at one sitting and my coach suggested I have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at supper. What are the thoughts of the more experienced "chicks". Thanks!

Wuv ~ I am so happy for you. You will make a wonderful coach and I can't wait to hear how you are helping others transform their lives as well. Congrats on the 120 lbs too. You have got to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. :hugs:

purple sky
01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I had the chicken soup for lunch. I add mashed cauliflower and curry powder. It is delicious!

I need the soups to keep me full during the day. I like the mushroom and the chicken best. I have not found a way to make the tomato soup taste good...

Hmmm, I like this idea. Loved the Chicken soups first week. Now, I can't get them down. Gag.

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM

what'd you have for lunch that you didn't really like?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I had broccoli and cauliflower with romaine. It wasn't so much the veggies I didn't like, it was that one was hot and one was cold, then the dressing (olive oil and apple cider vinegar) wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think I figured out how to make it taste better though (:

Edit; I had a shake too, but I watered it down too much.

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Would it be okay to split my meat between lunch and dinner? I think taste-wise I'd enjoy my lunch a lot better if I could put half of the tuna from dinner into my veggies at lunch.

Hello all. Happy Monday to everyone. Congrats on the WI sounds like everyone has been doing great! I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, brings me to 12 lbs and 26 inches! I saw 3 people yesterday I haven't seen since I started the program a month ago and they were like, WOW you look so skinny. Total NSV for me. Made my day. :) I am having ahard time eating all the meat at one sitting and my coach suggested I have 4 oz at lunch and 4 oz at supper. What are the thoughts of the more experienced "chicks". Thanks!

Wuv ~ I am so happy for you. You will make a wonderful coach and I can't wait to hear how you are helping others transform their lives as well. Congrats on the 120 lbs too. You have got to be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. :hugs:

Looks like the both of you were on the same train of thought here. You can split your lunch up but I wouldn't do it everyday. Maybe every other day, but if your coach says its cool then go with it. You could do like 3-4 ozs of turkey slices rolled up with a salad for lunch or something like that.

Thank you :) and congrats on your WI!

NavyMommy
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Did you at least salt it? You can also experiment with other ways of cooking the veggies, I like mine roasted in the oven with salt and olive oil. I'm sure your aunt can help you make things more palatable and you'll be amazed at how much your tastebuds change. My husband just brought me a cup of coffee and didn't realize I'm down to 1/2 a Splenda now and wow is it sweet!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Congrats!! That's awesome!! Plus you've crossed the first public event hurdle so you're well on your way.

Wuv, That is AWESOME!!!

Congrats!! And have fun trying on new clothes!!

Yes you can use Advil (I do during my TOM) but if it's a carb withdrawl headache try the salt first. I still get those kind of headaches every now and then and the salt fixes it every time.

YES!!!! I am very excited and proud of her. Being on this site has helped her in more ways than one. The ability to help others has helped her stay motivated and be strong. You are all on the right journey to make yourselves healthy. Stay Strong!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

I love to see you pop up!! I'm sure that you've been such amazing support to Wuv, and I can't believe your amazing success. You're proof that it can be done on alternatives too!

Hmmm, I like this idea. Loved the Chicken soups first week. Now, I can't get them down. Gag.

See if your coach will let you exchange them. I did the same thing, the second week I ordered a soups every day for lunch and realized there was no way I could stomach them and my coach let me exchange them. There are also some really good sounding recipes using them in Finn Stevens recipe thread.

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I had broccoli and cauliflower with romaine. It wasn't so much the veggies I didn't like, it was that one was hot and one was cold, then the dressing (olive oil and apple cider vinegar) wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think I figured out how to make it taste better though (:

Edit; I had a shake too, but I watered it down too much.

What kind of dressing did you end up with making? I was trying to make a concoction and I don't know that it turned out so well ;P

Ooh. I didn't try to water down the shake, I just drank it as quick as possible. Also, I would advise against that because I got kind of bleh in the stomach after that, but it did go away so it's all good.

purple sky
01-09-2012, 06:39 PM
See if your coach will let you exchange them. I did the same thing, the second week I ordered a soups every day for lunch and realized there was no way I could stomach them and my coach let me exchange them. There are also some really good sounding recipes using them in Finn Stevens recipe thread.

I will try. I have some tomato basil I have been hesitant to try.

Regarding splitting, I was not able to eat all my meat at dinner. It was just too much. So, sometimes I move like the equivalent of 2 oz. chicken (or less) to my lunch salad. It helps a lot. I found that I was too full at dinner, so full I couldn't get all my veggies in let alone my nighttime snack, but during the day I was staving. I have had to play around with things. The Omelet at lunch really helped and the oatmeal for breakfast. The puddings and drinks just weren't cutting it for the early meals.

I am stuffed after dinner. Sometimes I feel like I am forcing that nighttime snack.

mamacitaof2
01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I've been having my last packet for my afternoon snack. Should I be eating before bed instead?

wuv2bloved
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I've been having my last packet for my afternoon snack. Should I be eating before bed instead?

Do what works for you. For myself personally, if I have my snack before I go to bed I don't wake up as hungry :)

New Englander
01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Do you have a coach? Check with that person...every meal is 4-5 hours apart including snacks (plus you have your "meds" to take)...so you just want to be sure you're following the protocol... Well, with that said, I do know we're all being "fed" (no pun intended) different information from our coaches... Good luck!!!

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
CONGRATS on this WI, now was all of the not eating at the baby shower and the other outing you had worth it? These are the types of results you will have IF you stick with the program. Yes this was an outstanding WI BUT will not happen every week, already remember that. Your body will have to catch up to this big loss so you may have a week or 2 of smaller losses. Just don't get discouraged when it happens and REMEMBER.....ANY LOSS is a LOSS no matter how small it is and it is NEVER ONLY a loss :)

I know i was so excited... I remember when I did WW, I would lose big one week and maybe not lose anything the other week. So, i'm prepared for this week to be low! So we will see :) Thanks for the feedback always!!

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats!! That's awesome!! Plus you've crossed the first public event hurdle so you're well on your way.

Thanks!! Yes, i feel like i'm good now. I overcame the first week, and this week has started out so well already. It's amazing how NOT hungry I am. I almost forgot to eat my bar today for snack. It is so weird. lol

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I have a question about the walden farms products.
Can I use the ketchup anytime even though it's technically "tomato" haha?
Just wanting to figure it out before I order it.

Also, I've read that some people have to doctor up the italian dressing and the ketchup. Can you give me some ideas how?

ReadytobeHealthy
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
A few quick questions. I am starting IP on 1/18/12 and I am soo soo excited about it, especially after reading everyones posts. I can't wait to begin my new life and finally getting down to a weight and size I feel comfortable with :) Thank you all for being truly inspirational!

1. What is the hardest thing about this diet?

2. Can you use seasonings such as taco, or fajita seasonings?

3. Can you drink anything other than water, I don't like tea or coffee? I do love ice water though :)

4. Not a question but more of a statement, I am so so very greatful for this site!

5. How do you find the threads you posted on :) I put an introduction in and couldn't find my post??

Thanks in Advance!
Cindy

ekrifka
01-09-2012, 08:21 PM
:( idk if its that time again or if its because I'm starting a new diet, but I am an emotional wreck, I feel alone in this diet process and that hurts even more....I just want to get through today and start a brand new day tomorrow. It has to get better from here.

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
:( idk if its that time again or if its because I'm starting a new diet, but I am an emotional wreck, I feel alone in this diet process and that hurts even more....I just want to get through today and start a brand new day tomorrow. It has to get better from here.

what's wrong? you're never alone if you have 3FC. We are always here :) :hug:

DanafromAustin
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM

There are many days I eat about 3oz of my protein at lunch and the balance at dinner.

I would go with what ever your coach suggest. Mine recommends I eat my snack packet just before bed. That way I'm having some protein about every 4 hours or so.

A few quick questions. I am starting IP on 1/18/12 and I am soo soo excited about it, especially after reading everyones posts. I can't wait to begin my new life and finally getting down to a weight and size I feel comfortable with :) Thank you all for being truly inspirational!

3. Can you drink anything other than water, I don't like tea or coffee? I do love ice water though :)

4. Not a question but more of a statement, I am so so very greatful for this site!

5. How do you find the threads you posted on :) I put an introduction in and couldn't find my post??

Thanks in Advance!
Cindy

The most difficult part of the diet I think is the first week. Those carb withdrawals can be nasty. Once you are done with that the diet gets pretty easy, strict, but easy.

I stick with herbal teas and water with a slice of lemon for some added flavor.

omgzitsmiranda
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I've been a good girl today haha!
I even turned down mac&cheese AND french fries.
BOOYAH CRAVINGS!

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok, not sure if this is where I should post this, but need help trying to figure out how to get in 8oz of protein for dinner.

This is day 6 and no way could I finish 2 cups of veggies and 8oz of chicken. I stir-fried 2 cups celery, mushrooms and zucchini, then added 6oz of chicken breast that I poached the other night. (I know, it was supposed to be 8ozs but I could tell it was way too much) Veggies were good, chicken was horrible (no flavor and terribly dry). I ate all the veggies and forced 4 oz of chicken down and couldn't take another bite. I threw 2 oz of chicken away and did not eat any of the lettuce I was supposed to. I'm not in the slightest hungry, but know I am short 4ozs of protein.

Ok, here are the questions I need answers to....
1. Must I eat 4 more ozs of protein yet tonight plus my evening snack, and if so anyone have any suggestions?

2. What are you guys eating for your dinner proteins? I know there are lots of recipes here on how to use the IP products, but I'm looking for suggestions for the dinner meals. I'm not really having problems with the IP meals I'm eating.

3. How the heck do you cook boneless skinless chicken breasts that are edible. I've tried poaching and baking in a foil packet and both were just horrible. (Not just my opinion but my husband's too. Bless his heart though, he ate them.)

Ok, that's it for now, got to go gag down those huge pills.... that's another post. Could they make them any larger? I have trouble taking tiny aspirins. I'll be back to check and see if anyone can offer any suggestions.

4kiddos
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Ok, not sure if this is where I should post this, but need help trying to figure out how to get in 8oz of protein for dinner.

This is day 6 and no way could I finish 2 cups of veggies and 8oz of chicken. I stir-fried 2 cups celery, mushrooms and zucchini, then added 6oz of chicken breast that I poached the other night. (I know, it was supposed to be 8ozs but I could tell it was way too much) Veggies were good, chicken was horrible (no flavor and terribly dry). I ate all the veggies and forced 4 oz of chicken down and couldn't take another bite. I threw 2 oz of chicken away and did not eat any of the lettuce I was supposed to. I'm not in the slightest hungry, but know I am short 4ozs of protein.

1. Must I eat 4 more ozs of protein yet tonight plus my evening snack, and if so anyone have any suggestions?

2. What are you guys eating for your dinner proteins? I know there are lots of recipes here on how to use the IP products, but I'm looking for suggestions for the dinner meals. I'm not really having problems with the IP meals I'm eating.

3. How the heck do you cook boneless skinless chicken breasts that are edible. I've tried poaching and baking in a foil packet and both were just horrible. (Not just my opinion but my husband's too. Bless his heart though, he ate them.)

Ok, that's it for now, got to go gag down those huge pills.... that's another post. Could they make them any larger? I have trouble taking tiny aspirins. I'll be back to check and see if anyone can offer any suggestions.

I agree that 8 oz is a lot of meat at one time. As far as protein goes ~ I will buy 90% hamburger and make 4 hamburgers out of it (I put Mrs. Dash seasoning and minced onion on them) 1 lb makes 4 hamburgers (16 oz in a lb). Then I have also taken chicken breasts and brown them in a skillet with olive oil and move them to a crockpot covered in the WF BBQ sauce. Cook about 6 hours. I also will brown chicken breasts in skillet with OO and put in a baking dish with low sodium chicken broth, cover with foil and cook in the oven for like 1 hour. Very moist and tender. You can also have 2 whole eggs. Did you get a sheet from your coach with all of the protein choices?

As far as the pills take them on a full stomach that helps me with the gag reflex and I take the multi vitamin last because it leaves a bad aftertaste for me.

I usually with have a bar for breakfast, a packet and a salad and 1 cup veggies for lunch, 1 cup veggies for snack, dinner meal and then a packet at about 7:30 to get me through the night.

NavyMommy
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks!! Yes, i feel like i'm good now. I overcame the first week, and this week has started out so well already. It's amazing how NOT hungry I am. I almost forgot to eat my bar today for snack. It is so weird. lol

I know it's strange. Last night I went to bed without eating my evening snack (BIG no-no, but I was queasy from the sushi, something didn't agree with me there). When I started I didn't think I would ever not be hungry. Wait until your tastebuds start changing too. Pretty soon you'll be amazed (at least I was) at how much you can cut back on extra flavorings and sweetners.

I have a question about the walden farms products.
Can I use the ketchup anytime even though it's technically "tomato" haha?
Just wanting to figure it out before I order it.

Also, I've read that some people have to doctor up the italian dressing and the ketchup. Can you give me some ideas how?

I don't know about the ketchup, but I would advise you to order the WF products just a couple at a time and see what you like. I personally don't like any of them, but I know there are people who love them all, just comes down to personal taste.

Thanks in Advance!
Cindy

1. The hardest thing I think about this diet is just trusting it and not trying to over analyze everything. When I started I was tracking everything and worried about everything but when I just relaxed and followed the protocol I was much happier. They've done all the work for you. It's also a very strict diet, and there is no room for a 'small cheat' or a 'cheat day' like some other diets have. Once you get into that mindset the rest should be easy. Some people have trouble with carb withdrawl but I would advise you since you have a couple of weeks to start cutting back on carbs now so it won't be such a shock to your system.

2. You can use most seasonings, you just have to become an ingredient label expert. Some have extra sugar and things added and they're a no no but most seasonings are okay.

3. Some people add MiO to their water (a Splenda based water flavoring) but if you love ice water that's probably the best. Coffee in moderation is okay as is decaf herbal tea.

4. Glad you found us!

5. Once you hit submit you should be taken to the page where your post is. I just looked and it looks like your first 2 posts were in the introductions forum so you need to click on where is says "3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community" above the purple bar to find the introduction forum where you posted.

I've been a good girl today haha!
I even turned down mac&cheese AND french fries.
BOOYAH CRAVINGS!

WTG Girl!! I had the hardest time NOT finishing off the last 1/2 of my sons lunch (Grilled Cheese, my favorite) but I have to remind myself I want to be skinny more than I want that food at that moment. In 3 months I won't remember what I had for lunch 1/9/2012 but I will notice if I'm 50lbs lighter. SO not worth it for the momentary satisfaction.

Are you measuring your meat raw? That's important. It sounds like you already poached it and then measured it which is going to make a much larger serving than 8oz raw.

1. If you measured it cooked I probably wouldn't worry about making another portion, but generally yes it is good to get the entire 8ozs. If you have trouble with that much meat try eggs, they're my new favorite dinner.

2. My new favorite is eggs (because hubby makes them for me :) ) but my other go to is frozen fish. I get the individually frozen tilapia fillets and thaw 2 at a time (which is ~8ozs raw) and spritz them and 2 c. cauliflower with olive oil and spices and roast it all at the same time in the same pan. I also occasionally make pork loin which I marinade with soy sauce and minced garlic. The family likes it, but I prefer to stick with my eggs and fish and feed them something else.

3. Have you baked them? I used to bake them. They're also good cut up into bite sized pieces and cooked in a stir fry with veggies, or on low in the crockpot all day, then they just fall apart. You could also pan sear them with your allowed olive oil, but I haven't tried that yet.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
How the heck do you cook boneless skinless chicken breasts that are edible.

Tonight I marinated my chicken breast in freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1tsp olive oil, pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic & herb, and our sea salt. I poked the chicken with a fork so that it would draw the marinade through and shook everything up in a plastic container. I let it sit for about half an hour and then used a cast iron grill skillet sprayed with olive oil to cook it. It was very flavorful and moist. I think a grill skillet works wonders, especially if you can't get outside to grill. Also, why not try brushing it with dijon (has 5 calories) after seasoning it and bake?

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Congratulations, Wuv! I am so happy for you!

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I agree that 8 oz is a lot of meat at one time. As far as protein goes ~ I will buy 90% hamburger and make 4 hamburgers out of it (I put Mrs. Dash seasoning and minced onion on them) 1 lb makes 4 hamburgers (16 oz in a lb).

Then I have also taken chicken breasts and brown them in a skillet with olive oil and move them to a crockpot covered in the WF BBQ sauce. Cook about 6 hours. I also will brown chicken breasts in skillet with OO and put in a baking dish with low sodium chicken broth, cover with foil and cook in the oven for like 1 hour. Very moist and tender. You can also have 2 whole eggs. Did you get a sheet from your coach with all of the protein choices?

As far as the pills take them on a full stomach that helps me with the gag reflex and I take the multi vitamin last because it leaves a bad aftertaste for me.

I usually with have a bar for breakfast, a packet and a salad and 1 cup veggies for lunch, 1 cup veggies for snack, dinner meal and then a packet at about 7:30 to get me through the night.

I want to make sure I understand you. You are making 4 hamburgers and eating 2 per meal. Correct? If this is correct the amount is still 8ozs, an amount that I'm finding almost impossible to eat, especially with 2 cups of veggies plus lettuce.

Ok, will definitely try the ideas for cooking the chicken, cause poaching and baking in foil was awful.

I did get sheet from coach, and will be going back on Wed for first WI so will be asking her some questions also. My sheet does say I can have 2 eggs for dinner, but this wk I had 4 IP omelets to eat (coach picked out foods and number of pkgs). I usually have either 5 grain hot cereal or eggs for breakfast. (Probably the reason I got so many omelets.) But I usually only cook 1 egg for myself. So haven't really wanted to eat eggs for dinner after eating IP omelets for breakfast.

Ok, just tried to cut vitamin in half.... WRONG thing to do. Was even harder to take. Got 1/2 down and threw the other half away. I was given a different kind of vitamin then what IP calls for because clinic was out of correct one. I have to take total of 3 vitamins per day along with other pills. They are the largest pills I have ever seen. Husband told me not to worry about what it cost, but when I go in for WI see if they have IP vitamin and if it is smaller "buy" them. It wasn't worth what I was going thru to get these down.

I like your idea of 1 cup veggies during day for snack. I may try that as I wouldn't be eating so much at one time.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

New Englander
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Just tried the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup in my Cap drink and yum!!! It was delicious!!! I'm hooked on anything chocolate...I've always like chocolate but on this diet I'm craving it!!! Glad we can still have it!!! :) Happy Monday!

Jag23
01-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Today,was my first WI In 5 days I'm done 6lbs and a few inches of everywhere. My coach was really impressed. I had to go in early cause I live on an Island and working night shift tonight and tomorrow night. I'm an RN. So instead of running out of food packets,I weighed early. Well...........I am more that excited to keep going and have a surprise for my honey who left for Mexico this morning. I go in 5 weeks. Whoohoo!!!!!

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Are you measuring your meat raw? That's important. It sounds like you already poached it and then measured it which is going to make a much larger serving than 8oz raw.

1. If you measured it cooked I probably wouldn't worry about making another portion, but generally yes it is good to get the entire 8ozs. If you have trouble with that much meat try eggs, they're my new favorite dinner.

2. My new favorite is eggs (because hubby makes them for me :) ) but my other go to is frozen fish. I get the individually frozen tilapia fillets and thaw 2 at a time (which is ~8ozs raw) and spritz them and 2 c. cauliflower with olive oil and spices and roast it all at the same time in the same pan. I also occasionally make pork loin which I marinade with soy sauce and minced garlic. The family likes it, but I prefer to stick with my eggs and fish and feed them something else.

3. Have you baked them? I used to bake them. They're also good cut up into bite sized pieces and cooked in a stir fry with veggies, or on low in the crockpot all day, then they just fall apart. You could also pan sear them with your allowed olive oil, but I haven't tried that yet.

You are absolutely right. I weighed after cooking. That makes me feel a little better. I've done that both times with the chicken, but weighed the grnd beef out before cooking.... duh.

Ok, going try 2 real eggs for dinner tomorrow evening with veggies. You all have convinced me. I still have 2 IP omelet pkgs to eat but think those will just have to stay in the cabinet this wk and I will figure something else out for breakfast. I didn't much like them anyway. My least favorite of any of the IP food I've had so far. And yes I was adding veggies and spices like crazy to them. I've eaten egg beater type products for years and have no problem with them, so was surprised that I didn't like the IP omelets.

I will try some of your other suggestions especially how to cook chicken and will make sure I weigh before cooking. Thank you!

New Englander
01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Today,was my first WI In 5 days I'm done 6lbs and a few inches of everywhere. My coach was really impressed. I had to go in early cause I live on an Island and working night shift tonight and tomorrow night. I'm an RN. So instead of running out of food packets,I weighed early. Well...........I am more that excited to keep going and have a surprise for my honey who left for Mexico this morning. I go in 5 weeks. Whoohoo!!!!!
Way to go!!!

4kiddos
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
You are absolutely right. I weighed after cooking. That makes me feel a little better. I've done that both times with the chicken, but weighed the grnd beef out before cooking.... duh.

Ok, going try 2 real eggs for dinner tomorrow evening with veggies. You all have convinced me. I still have 2 IP omelet pkgs to eat but think those will just have to stay in the cabinet this wk and I will figure something else out for breakfast. I didn't much like them anyway. My least favorite of any of the IP food I've had so far. And yes I was adding veggies and spices like crazy to them. I've eaten egg beater type products for years and have no problem with them, so was surprised that I didn't like the IP omelets.

I will try some of your other suggestions especially how to cook chicken and will make sure I weigh before cooking. Thank you!

Try the WF syrup with the eggs, it helps a bunch!

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Tonight I marinated my chicken breast in freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1tsp olive oil, pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic & herb, and our sea salt. I poked the chicken with a fork so that it would draw the marinade through and shook everything up in a plastic container. I let it sit for about half an hour and then used a cast iron grill skillet sprayed with olive oil to cook it. It was very flavorful and moist. I think a grill skillet works wonders, especially if you can't get outside to grill. Also, why not try brushing it with dijon (has 5 calories) after seasoning it and bake?

Oh, that sounds so good. Everything except the dijion. I'm not a mustard or vinegar person. Just something I could never force myself to eat. The breasts I cooked were huge, and they turned out so dry. Just wondering if I really overcooked them because I was afraid with their size they wouldn't be done.

New Englander
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM

Hi! I'm just chiming in on your conversation..hope you don't mind. I eat 3 eggs (scrambled) at a time and then one hard egg white... My coach said 3-4 eggs / serving.. I'm still losing so I'm not questioning it. I do keep egg whites in the fridge and eat 5 -6 ounces of protein and then 1 egg white...it makes it easier...Be well and enjoy your journey!!! :)

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Try the WF syrup with the eggs, it helps a bunch!

Like pancake syrup?

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi! I'm just chiming in on your conversation..hope you don't mind. I eat 3 eggs (scrambled) at a time and then one hard egg white... My coach said 3-4 eggs / serving.. I'm still losing so I'm not questioning it. I do keep egg whites in the fridge and eat 5 -6 ounces of protein and then 1 egg white...it makes it easier...Be well and enjoy your journey!!! :)

I will definitely be talking to coach about real eggs or egg beaters on Wed. They sound so much more doable then IP omelet or 8oz meat/seafood at dinner. When you say you are keeping egg whites in fridge are you referring to egg beater type products or are you using real egg whites. If real, I'm curious what you do with all the extra yolks.

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM

i felt the same way last week, which was my first week starting. I got very depressed and sad, not like clinically depressed. But, just sad about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to, I resented myself for letting myself get as big as I did. I personally think it was part of the withdrawal from carbs, sugars and fats, except it was psychological withdrawal. I am better this week...

however, I was on this site probably 9384983275 times a day last week. I felt it was the only thing getting me through the week.

4kiddos
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Like pancake syrup?

LOL, yes. We used to have breakfast with scrambled eggs and syrup quite often in our house. I guess that didn't sound weird to me. :dizzy:But I really liked it. Gave the eggs a better flavor for me.

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
LOL, yes. We used to have breakfast with scrambled eggs and syrup quite often in our house. I guess that didn't sound weird to me. :dizzy:But I really liked it. Gave the eggs a better flavor for me.
Well, I thought that was what you meant, but I'm only familiar with a couple of the WF products and wasn't sure what kind of syrup they have. Wanted to make sure I pick up the correct one when I WI on Wed. Having eaten enough waffles or pancakes along with eggs I certainly know the taste of syrup that gets on your eggs. But I wouldn't have thought of doing it just by itself (no pancakes/waffles). That may be just the trick I need to finish these last 2 omelets. I should have known that 4 IP omelets for breakfast in 1 wk would be too many. Now a little sweetness to them... that might be different.

EmilySebetka
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, I managed to eat at Pizza Ranch and stay OP!! Although I think I ate too much shredded chicken...

I remade the crispy cereal pancakes (no salt this time) and they were decent, but I didn't add water like I should have so they were dry. Today was easy, so I'm hoping its a sign. My first WI is quickly approaching, and I can't wait to tell everyone how I did.

New Englander
01-09-2012, 10:37 PM
I will definitely be talking to coach about real eggs or egg beaters on Wed. They sound so much more doable then IP omelet or 8oz meat/seafood at dinner. When you say you are keeping egg whites in fridge are you referring to egg beater type products or are you using real egg whites. If real, I'm curious what you do with all the extra yolks.
Before IP I used egg whites and wanted to use them on the diet and my coach said you need to use real eggs because your body needs the cholesterol. I don't think you'll be able to replace real eggs with IP food...The IP foods, whether it's an omelete, drink or pudding has particular things your body needs... (and regarding cholesterol my went down nearly 100 points in just 7 weeks!)

I throw out the yolks and don't use them...I just keep a 1/2 dozen hard eggs in the fridge and put some salt on them and they're so easy to get down!! !:)

I eat omelets for dinner as my protein...I didn't like the IP omelets or really any of their foods. I stick with their Choc. and Cap. Drinks...

JellyMae87
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, I thought that was what you meant, but I'm only familiar with a couple of the WF products and wasn't sure what kind of syrup they have. Wanted to make sure I pick up the correct one when I WI on Wed. Having eaten enough waffles or pancakes along with eggs I certainly know the taste of syrup that gets on your eggs. But I wouldn't have thought of doing it just by itself (no pancakes/waffles). That may be just the trick I need to finish these last 2 omelets. I should have known that 4 IP omelets for breakfast in 1 wk would be too many. Now a little sweetness to them... that might be different.

If you look on FinnStevens thread. There is a recipe for waffles made out of the puddings.

4kiddos
01-09-2012, 10:41 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html
check out this thread. There is a waffle and pancake recipe for using the omelet packages if you want a change of pace and you could use the syrup then too. Just something different.

JellyMae87
01-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Before IP I used egg whites and wanted to use them on the diet and my coach said you need to use real eggs because your body needs the cholesterol. I don't think you'll be able to replace real eggs with IP food...The IP foods, whether it's an omelete, drink or pudding has particular things your body needs... (and regarding cholesterol my went down nearly 100 points in just 7 weeks!)

I throw out the yolks and don't use them...I just keep a 1/2 dozen hard eggs in the fridge and put some salt on them and they're so easy to get down!! !:)

I eat omelets for dinner as my protein...I didn't like the IP omelets or really any of their foods. I stick with their Choc. and Cap. Drinks...

I too only stick to chocolate... I make it over ice. I find that its sweet enough to keep my sweet tooth down! Sometimes I make it with coffee if I'm feeling frisky.

sekc14
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I only wish IP had been around when I was younger. You have you're whole life ahead of you and it will make a big difference in everything you do to experience it all in a fit body!

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM

That is what I thought. That I wouldn't be able to substitute eggs for any of the IP food. But I could eat real eggs for dinner to get my protein. And so I don't get burnt out on eggs, NOT purchase any more of the IP omelets (which I don't really care for.) My Phase 1 sheet says 2 whole eggs under Poultry choices, so I assume that means I eat the yolks also. That I can do. Thank you for your response.

PeggyG
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
If you look on FinnStevens thread. There is a recipe for waffles made out of the puddings.

I found the waffle recipe and will make sure I pick up more puddings this wk when I weigh in. Thank you!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html
check out this thread. There is a waffle and pancake recipe for using the omelet packages if you want a change of pace and you could use the syrup then too. Just something different.

Took me a while but I found it. I've copied and saved it so will be trying that. Looks so much better than my 2 attempts with the omelets. Thanks!

alaskastarr
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Way to go!! :carrot:

How wonderful!!! I think any weight loss is great! Yay!!! :carrot:

patns
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Congratulations!! What an honour to be asked! You will truely be an inspiration to all that you coach!

When I looked at a Costco in Edmonton all they had for RTD was Premier nutrition protien shakes, Lean Fit Health GFR protien shake and a brand of whey protien powder. I wonder if it varies by province what the Costco stores carry.

Yes I am in Edmonton too and have not been able to find the EAS shakes. But I use the premier nutrician ones, they have 30 grams of protein and don't taste too bad.

Pamelama
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM

I do it pretty much every day. Although I just use about 2 oz protein with my lunch since we're already getting some protein from the IP packet. Then the other 6 oz at dinner. More than enough to keep me satisfied.

GloverParker
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM

FWIW, my IP sheet says 5-8oz raw - about 6oz always seems reasonable to me. That said, think marinade for the chicken - soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lemon juice makes a great marinade that you can throw your proteins in (it's awesome for pork tenderloin). Add some Splenda if you like a sweeter marinade.

Also, I've been finding that frozen shimp work wonderfully, particularly if I've forgotten to defrost any meat - lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper is a nice light marinade/sauce. The shrimp also isn't quite as . . .dense as chicken so you might have an easier time with the 8oz.

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 12:21 AM
I too only stick to chocolate... I make it over ice. I find that its sweet enough to keep my sweet tooth down! Sometimes I make it with coffee if I'm feeling frisky.

The girl at my clinic calls me the chocolate lady.....lol...I love my chocolate.....lol...although I have been getting the Vanilla shake mix and using that every night for my snack never having the same flavor because I put the MIO in it....YUMMY!!!

lkp888
01-10-2012, 12:37 AM

Congratulations!!! :carrot:

lkp888
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Great job, keep up the good work!!!

lkp888
01-10-2012, 12:55 AM

I'm not a early riser either, but I'm not a big breakfast person either, but I usually have a shake when I wake up and then a few hours later I have my lunch and so on. Just be sure you get your 3 protein meals in. Hope that helps. Good luck on your first day!!! :)

lkp888
01-10-2012, 01:00 AM

That is such great news!!! You must be so excited, I know I would be bouncing off the walls and I'm so excited for you, for being a coach and for losing 5lbs way to go, Congratulations!! :carrot::carrot: :hug:

NavyMommy
01-10-2012, 01:20 AM
PeggyG - I just eat 2 whole eggs per night as my protein when I eat eggs. That's what my IP sheet says, although I'm aware it's not the newest so I would go with what your coach says. I do also buy the Egg Beaters Egg Whites (in the blue container) to help 'bulk up' the whole eggs when I need a little more, or since my coach always said egg whites were free to make an egg white omelet mid afternoon if I am so hungry I can't stand it.

Depending on how much food you have, and if you have enough to get you to WI, you might bring in your egg packets and see if you can exchange them for something you do like. My coach was always really great about letting me do that. HTH! Stick with it, you're doing great!!

JellyMae87
01-10-2012, 01:44 AM
The girl at my clinic calls me the chocolate lady.....lol...I love my chocolate.....lol...although I have been getting the Vanilla shake mix and using that every night for my snack never having the same flavor because I put the MIO in it....YUMMY!!!

I didn't care for the vanilla... I did like the RTD one though. Tasted like melted ice cream!!

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 01:48 AM
That is such great news!!! You must be so excited, I know I would be bouncing off the walls and I'm so excited for you, for being a coach and for losing 5lbs way to go, Congratulations!! :carrot::carrot: :hug:

5lbs is UNOFFICIAL!!!....lol....not the normal scale I weigh in on :)

Pamelama
01-10-2012, 02:24 AM

Peggy, I have a few suggestions, hope they help.

1. Have 2 oz of your protein at lunch then 6oz at dinner. Keeps me satisfied in the afternoon.

2. Try brining your chicken breasts. You can google it if you want, but I usually take several chicken breasts in a large ziploc bag. Add cold water to cover, add several tbs salt, swish around. Let it sior refrigerated for an 1-6 hours. Rinse off and grill or bake, etc. Comes out really juicy. I always make my chick breasts this way, guests love them! Again, check google for more specific brining of chicken breasts.

3. Pork tenderloin is a yummy IP friendly dinner. I make it on the stovetop in a ceramic pot. So good! Steak, salmon once a week, burger in a bowl, scrambled eggs.. Stuffed bell peppers with ground beef, mushrooms, spices.

4. Sometimes pills bug me, sometimes not. I'm fortunate that I work at home so I space them out during the day...

Good luck!

alaskastarr
01-10-2012, 05:14 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

I think this is great! Keep going. I'm on day 4 and trying really hard, but it's not easy at all. It's exciting and very helpful to see everyone's progress!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-10-2012, 07:35 AM

We're here for you! Hope you feel better!

New Englander
01-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I only wish IP had been around when I was younger. You have you're whole life ahead of you and it will make a big difference in everything you do to experience it all in a fit body!
I completely agree with you on this! I'm heading to Ireland for my third time next year and the first time at a healthy weight!!! I can't wait to scrap those photos!!! And look at them for years to come...I still love my other photos but I'm a tad (uh, 65 pounds) overweight... :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't know if it's too early for me to be having wild dreams since I'm not even in ketosis yet but I did lol!

I don't really ever dream but last night was a whole different story.
I had one dream that I ate pigs in a blanket [I don't even LIKE THEM!] while on my diet & in my dream when I realized it I just cried & cried because I had messed up lol.
Then I woke up, then fell back to sleep.
Had another dream that my Mom made me drink a Coca Cola and I freaked because it had carbs & I felt SOOOO bad :(

Thank goodness I didn't mess up for real though! :)

New Englander
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't know if it's too early for me to be having wild dreams since I'm not even in ketosis yet but I did lol!

I don't really ever dream but last night was a whole different story.
I had one dream that I ate pigs in a blanket [I don't even LIKE THEM!] while on my diet & in my dream when I realized it I just cried & cried because I had messed up lol.
Then I woke up, then fell back to sleep.
Had another dream that my Mom made me drink a Coca Cola and I freaked because it had carbs & I felt SOOOO bad :(

Thank goodness I didn't mess up for real though! :)
Oh boy...I had them during my first week quite often and now I have them less frequently...It's interesting that a dream can have such a powerful impact on you! It's such a relief to know they are just dreams and that we're all not screwing up royally! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh boy...I had them during my first week quite often and now I have them less frequently...It's interesting that a dream can have such a powerful impact on you! It's such a relief to know they are just dreams and that we're all not screwing up royally! :)

I know! It was crazy how I felt lol. But I'm just glad to know I didn't mess up because it felt so real haha. I was so upset because I thought I had to start all over even though I'm only on day 2 lol. :dizzy: