Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Are my boobs going to dissapear?

View Full Version : Are my boobs going to dissapear?

SWhite0513
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
When I lose weight? They're only a B Cup now, and I'm wondering if I'll end up with an A. Any of you out there that have already lost the weight, did you lose yours?

milmin2043
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I lost mine. I was 240 starting, shooting for 135, and 5'6"-just like you. Also a B cup to start. :)

Prism21
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I lost mine but I'm buying some new ones. Started a B, now I'm a deflated A.

sontaikle
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I started out as a 40D and ended up as a 32DD. My bust went from 44" to 37"

Beck
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep, mine are long gone, but along with the boobage went the the junk in the trunk- I have a healthier body, a slim and trim figure, and I can live with the little breasts I have; having all that extra weight would have ended up killing me.

You need to really focus on what you'll gain from losing, not what you're going to lose from losing (other than pounds).

Aishah
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I lost almost every bit of mine. I was a D and now I'm a C and that's being generous I think. I need to go for some type of bra fitting, because I actually think they are more like a B. I for sure wear a push-up bra now though, because I have a lol deflation problem now.

SWhite0513
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM
P.s. Mine were a B when I was 180, but I'm probably pushing a C right now. Maybe I'll keep a small B. ::hopes::

CherryQuinn
01-08-2012, 11:01 PM
i was aiming for 150 but i may end up more in the 120-135 ( im 5'7-5'8) territory me thinks just going by my eating habits and new activity level, im a 40-42DD now and the last time i was 180 i was a 36D-dd so i dont know if i get to 125-135 if ill have boobs, i didnt go down in cup but in band thats fine with me but i figure once i pass the 180 mark or get down to that low they will be gone lol but i can always buy new ones right and then they wont flop to the side anyways. i have a friend thats an inch shorter than me and about 120lbs and shes like negative, like conclave lol

Ryler832
01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Mine are shrinking. I started out at 36D and now I'm at a 34C. Hopefully it doesn't shrink or deflate any more otherwise I'd have to go buy some.

kat618
01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Yep they are gone, my highest weight was 196 and I loved loved my breast, my favorite body part actually. Yes it sounds strange I am sure saying that but I have always been very pear shaped large but and HUGE thighs/hips so thought my breast were a perfect shapely full size C. I am now thinner than I ever thought I would be and work out a lot, I am down to 131 now and barely a size B. And some B’s are even to big…..but push up bra’s are my best friend now, and even found a padded sports bra that makes me feel better about myself in my work out clothes……I honestly would not change it for ANYTHING….yes I miss them but feel so much healthier and feel that I have conquered a lot of body issues and I refuse to let small boobies hold me back……I just laugh now and say that I guess I am officially part of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

chickadee32
01-09-2012, 12:18 AM
I have definitely lost weight from my breasts, but not much in the way of cup size in proportion to my rib cage. I started out at a 42DD, and am now a 34DD or DDD (depends on the bra). They're pretty deflated though. :lol: Still, I'll take them any day over what my body looked like before.

knoxie
01-09-2012, 04:10 AM
I've lost most of my weight from my ribcage so far so the number size has gone down - I know the cup size is relative to the ribcage measurement so relatively the proportion is still the same. They never really got any bigger the more weight I put on so I really hope they don't disappear the smaller I get. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they did though I guess.

aphil
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
This is going to depend on a few different factors, really. Pear body types, like myself, are more likely to lose the boobs...simply because we don't store our body fat as much in our torso area...so I started out at a 38DD at 233 pounds...and now at 149ish, I am a 34B. So, yes, I did lose a lot of mine.

A friend of mine, however, is an apple figure type...and she is now a size 8, but is still a large C/small D cup, simply because she stores body fat more in her upper body/torso...but has slender, rock solid legs.

Also, your body composition plays a part. The lower your body fat, the more the boobs go. I was a 34C when I reached 150 pounds initially...but I took up running 2 1/2 months ago, and my bod fat percentage dropped a bit more...lost a cup size in the process.

shcirerf
01-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Forgive me, but, being older, (52) and over a lot of things, I started at a 42DD. Now I'm 38DD, long and floppy.

Don't get me wrong, I love cleavage! But bra's are so hard to find that fit right and are comfy, and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Then, lets throw in that I live on a farm/ranch, big girls get in the way of lots of things. For instance, opening 4 strand, barbed wire gates. YUP, blood blisters on the armpit side of my left girl due to squeezing to suck up the gate to get it open. Saddle up and chase cows! OMG! One hand on the reins, the other holding the girls, so I don't get black eyes.

I work for a veterinarian, do a lot of animal restraint. So far, I have not been vaccinated for rabies, or a 10 way parvo combo, rattlesnake, or feline luekemia, or lyme, or any other host of things you can vaccinate a dog or cat for.

I do understand the attachment we have to the girls, but, there are other qualities I'd rather be remembered for.

Precious Little
01-13-2012, 04:22 AM
I was a C cup at my heaviest weight (but I have to say, they were always sore and I was always uncomfortable with them at that size and hated the extra attention from it, needless to say, however, DH was a HUGE fan :devil:).

Now I'm happily a B cup and near enough to my goal weight that I don't think they'll get any smaller. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they shrunk a bit more even, because running is way more comfortable the smaller my chest size. DH misses my Cs but I must say, I definitely don't!

melodymist
01-13-2012, 05:03 AM
I lost mine :( but you know what? i feel more beautifull now, thinner en flat chested, then I did when I was overweight with boobs.

RedPanda
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
This is going to depend on a few different factors, really. Pear body types, like myself, are more likely to lose the boobs...simply because we don't store our body fat as much in our torso area...so I started out at a 38DD at 233 pounds...and now at 149ish, I am a 34B. So, yes, I did lose a lot of mine.

It's not necessarily true that pears will lose their boobs. I started out at 38DD at 220 pounds and now at around 130, I'm 36C. Goodness knows what my hip measurement was at my heaviest, but I was very pear-shaped and now I'm quite top heavy.

It's all in the luck of the draw.

runningfromfat
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I have to post this in everyone on of these threads, so my apologies for those who are reading this again... but are you sure you're wearing the correct bra size??? Remember that your band size = your underbust measurement (measured TIGHTLY!). You can definitely lose in your band, which would make your cups appear loser so you really need to find a properly fitting band FIRST before you can make a statement about your cup size.

If you need help measuring your self/figuring out your bra size you can see a page a wrote for my blog (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/p/finding-bras-that-fit.html). Realistically, if your pull your band out from your body you should only be able to fit two fingers underneath it (not your whole hand!) if it's more than that it's going to be really hard to see if your cups are fitting correctly.

FWIW, I actually went UP in cups because I was dropping band sizes but didn't lose from my breasts for a bit. The volume didn't change BUT when you drop band sizes you have to go up a cup to get the same volume. That means that a 38C has a larger volume than a 36C.

Riddy
01-14-2012, 10:19 PM
^^ Me too!

My boobs have shrunk some, but I've lost way more on my ribcage. I went from a 42DDD to measuring at a 38DDD, but actually wearing a 40F.

So yeah, they've shrunk, but they're still pretty huge. :o

Please Do Not
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, it happens. :(
At my highest weight, I had a C cup. Now I'm barely an A and training bras fit fine. Sigh.

LAgreeneyes
01-16-2012, 04:50 PM
I lost mine 3 years ago when I did WW and I was so happy. They were too heavy.

juliana77
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I am surprised how mine have reacted. I am technically a pear (39 bust, 45 hips). Anyway I went from a 44C to now a 36D; they are definitely more deflated than they used to be though.

d130
01-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm a pear shape at the moment, and likely to stay that way if genetics are any clue!, but my underbust has gone down considerably - I'm now a 29 underbust, so I've lost about 6 inches. The actual cup size doesn't appear to have changed much, so they don't look like they've deflated (great image there!) but I definitely lost pudge on my top half. :)

I was re-measured in November and was told I was a 32D, which was probably about right at the time based on my measurements, but I felt more comfortable in the 34Cs because they seemed to fit better/tighter, so I was happy to buy a few of those as a stop gap measure.

I'll need to get measured again in the next few months, but my current bras don't really feel loose, which I would think they would if the sizing was massively out. Of course they're all new, so I might still get a few more months of out of them! :D

runningfromfat
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm a pear shape at the moment, and likely to stay that way if genetics are any clue!, but my underbust has gone down considerably - I'm now a 29 underbust, so I've lost about 6 inches. The actual cup size doesn't appear to have changed much, so they don't look like they've deflated (great image there!) but I definitely lost pudge on my top half. :)

I was re-measured in November and was told I was a 32D, which was probably about right at the time based on my measurements, but I felt more comfortable in the 34Cs because they seemed to fit better/tighter, so I was happy to buy a few of those as a stop gap measure.

I'll need to get measured again in the next few months, but my current bras don't really feel loose, which I would think they would if the sizing was massively out. Of course they're all new, so I might still get a few more months of out of them! :D

My guess (from what you said here) is that you're probably more like a 30DD or 28F. The 34Cs might still fit in the cup but you're going to get a lot more support and look slimmer with a well-fitting bra. See here (http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/05/where-to-find-26-and-24-band-bras-and.html) for a great example of the difference!!!!

SWhite0513
01-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I am so confused about bra size. I measure 38 inches around my rib cage, and I measure 44 around my bust, but there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that I am an E cup.. like literally no way. I fit into a B, it is a little uncomfortable, and I could probably use a C, but like I said, very very far from an E cup.

sontaikle
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I am so confused about bra size. I measure 38 inches around my rib cage, and I measure 44 around my bust, but there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that I am an E cup.. like literally no way. I fit into a B, it is a little uncomfortable, and I could probably use a C, but like I said, very very far from an E cup.

Those B and C cups...are you trying on bras with bigger than 38 bands? If so, that's why you fit into those cups!

Try on a 38E or the sizes close to it. You might be pleasantly surprised. :) The right bra also does AMAZING things for your breasts.

I'm a 32DD. Now most people think DD is HUGE when it's really not. I have a lot of people guessing I'm a C cup (which I could fit into if I wore the wrong bra, a 34C has the same cup volume) or D cup. DD isn't huge at all and neither are the cups sizes above it.

Sure, I could fit into a 34C and make my life easier when it comes to buying bras, but it would do horrible things to my breasts. Wearing the right size bra has helped me: minimize sagginess, make my breasts fuller, and lose my "armpit fat" which was really lost breast tissue. Oh and I have the added bonus of NOT having to adjust my bra every five seconds!

So many women freak out when they find out their true size, but the the numbers and letters on the tag are just a label! Don't fret! :)

ihavethemusicinme
01-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I started at a 42 D...35 pounds later....a 40DDD (although luckily its only barely a 40DDD, I can still fit in a 40 DD)....tell me how the world that works out?

runningfromfat
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Actually, you definitely could be an E cup. (or an F or DDD cup, you have to really try some on to be sure). Why? Realize that the cup size is relative to the band so, so in reality in terms of volume

38E=40DDD=42DD=44D=46C (obviously this depends on the sizing system because the UK doesn't have DDD cups...)

Point is, is that if you go down a band size you generally go up a cup size. HOWEVER, if you're wearing a band size that is WAY too big ()in reality the band should only be tight enough to fit two fingers underneath and the cups need to be large enough that the central gore between the cups sits flat against your chest) it's hard to see exactly what cup size fits on you.

Also, if you don't believe check out the different a correctly fitting bra makes (http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/05/where-to-find-26-and-24-band-bras-and.html)!!!! Also, D's really aren't that big (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/10/ds-just-arent-that-big.html)! Ditto goes for E's... I wear a 30H and I don't think I look "humongous" by any means (you can see pictures of me on my blog if you're curious).

runningfromfat
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I started at a 42 D...35 pounds later....a 40DDD (although luckily its only barely a 40DDD, I can still fit in a 40 DD)....tell me how the world that works out?

It depends... have you measured yourself? Are you sure your 40DD's fit properly (remember that the band size should = your underbust measurement, the central gore on your bras should be flat again your chest and the cups should encompass your entire breast tissue).

FWIW, I lost quite a bit in my band before I started losing in my cups so I don't think it's that crazy.

d130
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
My guess (from what you said here) is that you're probably more like a 30DD or 28F. The 34Cs might still fit in the cup but you're going to get a lot more support and look slimmer with a well-fitting bra. See here (http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/05/where-to-find-26-and-24-band-bras-and.html) for a great example of the difference!!!!

See I wondered this, and I've read a few of the posts on the website you've posted a few times, but as bad as it sounds, I don't know if it's worth investing in more bras until I've lost the last few pounds. :shrug:

I know that sounds awful to say, but the 34Cs do (I'm sure) need replacing with smaller bands, but do I do it now or wait for the last 10-ish pounds? :shrug:

Money's a bit tight at the moment so I'm inclined to wait a few months and see what I can find on sale on a few different sites so I can build up my collection gradually, but I like having nice new bras so it's a dilemma! :D

But as you mentioned, I did notice a big difference when I bought my last new bras in November, especially in the support area, so I'll see if there's anything left in the January sales. :)

runningfromfat
01-18-2012, 07:34 AM
See I wondered this, and I've read a few of the posts on the website you've posted a few times, but as bad as it sounds, I don't know if it's worth investing in more bras until I've lost the last few pounds. :shrug:

I know that sounds awful to say, but the 34Cs do (I'm sure) need replacing with smaller bands, but do I do it now or wait for the last 10-ish pounds? :shrug:

Money's a bit tight at the moment so I'm inclined to wait a few months and see what I can find on sale on a few different sites so I can build up my collection gradually, but I like having nice new bras so it's a dilemma! :D

But as you mentioned, I did notice a big difference when I bought my last new bras in November, especially in the support area, so I'll see if there's anything left in the January sales. :)

I actually have a blog post just about this that I need to take one picture for and then I'll put it up. I'll try to do that tonight and post the link to the post here. ;)

Ultimately, it's up to you. If you have money to choose between a new bra and new clothes, I'd pick the bra because you can always alter your clothes at home with a needle and thread (another thing I need to post about!). However, if you absolutely can't afford anything then you can always alter the back of your bra yourself (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2012/01/10-rules-of-bra-alterations.html) (there's a link to a tutorial there on how to alter the back with just a needle and thread).

You might want to start at least researching brands now, though. You're between a 30 and 28 band, which can be hard to find. I have the same issue because most brands stop at 32. Brands that I love are Freya, Fantasie, Ewa Michalak (and they all carry bras down to 28 bands). There are also Panache, Curvy Kate, Bravissimo etc but I have yet to try all of them (well, I tried Panache but it doesn't work well with my breast shape but works great for other people).

Do you have a place locally that you could at least try on bras? There are a lot of deal-a-day places that have bras for cheap (I know Panache does this often) and also great websites that sell bras for cheap (brastop is great, especially when they have free international shipping!). Also check out Ebay UK because they sell them fairly cheap there and have international shipping that's not too bad (and you can return the bras if they don't fit).

d130
01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I'll have a look at how to alter the bras because I'm loathe to spend more money on them until I'm done or not feeling supported and then I'll have a bit more of a blow out I think.

Yeah, I'm not too far from London if needed, well in American terms (!) and I've got a few good places locally, so I'm happy to go and try on some 30s and see how they fit.

I didn't know they had an eBay store though, so I'll have to check that out! :) I suppose I'm pretty lucky in that I can shop most places in the EU without a problem or just get it shipped over from the US.

Thanks for all your tips about bra fittings, and apologies to the OP about the thread-jack! :)

runningfromfat
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll have a look at how to alter the bras because I'm loathe to spend more money on them until I'm done or not feeling supported and then I'll have a bit more of a blow out I think.

Yeah, I'm not too far from London if needed, well in American terms (!) and I've got a few good places locally, so I'm happy to go and try on some 30s and see how they fit.

I didn't know they had an eBay store though, so I'll have to check that out! :) I suppose I'm pretty lucky in that I can shop most places in the EU without a problem or just get it shipped over from the US.

Thanks for all your tips about bra fittings, and apologies to the OP about the thread-jack! :)

I'm so jealous that you're close to London.... I would LOVE to visit Bravissimo and get a good fitting, sigh... one can dream, right? ;)

Definitely check out ebay, though, sometimes you can find amazing deals and since you're in Europe brastop is going to be even cheaper!

d130
01-19-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm so jealous that you're close to London.... I would LOVE to visit Bravissimo and get a good fitting, sigh... one can dream, right? ;)

Definitely check out ebay, though, sometimes you can find amazing deals and since you're in Europe brastop is going to be even cheaper!

We've actually got a Bravissimo in town, but I've never been big enough (cup-wise) to fit into anything there! They do have some nice stuff though, so I'm hoping they carry it in a small band size in store so I don't just have to order off their website.

I'll definitely put brastop in my fave's to have a look at now & in a bit more detail when I've dropped the last 5 pounds or so. :)

runningfromfat
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Alright, as promised, I wrote a post on buying bras while losing weigh (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/12/buying-bras-and-sports-bras-and.html)t, hopefully this is helpful to some here!

baker23
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I went from a DD to what I thought was a C cup. Turns out I'm actually a D. Lost a little bit but not to much :)

freelancemomma
01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I went down from a C to a B when I lost 50 pounds. No biggie.

F.

LeonC
01-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I was too embarrassed to ask this question. Hope mine go away...

huds
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know that people should think of it as losing their boobs but more finding the size breasts they were genetically meant to have, and if you don't like them that way, whether too big or too small, I'd say that's what breast augmentation is for.

sontaikle
02-01-2012, 06:36 PM
LOL mine are staying guys. I went up another two cup sizes. I'm probably an F cup in UK sizes, DDDD or G cup in US sizes. For reference I started out at a D. Fun! :D

I was too embarrassed to ask this question. Hope mine go away...

Don't worry! They will! Your concerns are certainly different than the majority here :dizzy:

Precious Little
02-02-2012, 05:25 AM
I was a C cup at my heaviest weight (but I have to say, they were always sore and I was always uncomfortable with them at that size and hated the extra attention from it, needless to say, however, DH was a HUGE fan :devil:).

Now I'm happily a B cup and near enough to my goal weight that I don't think they'll get any smaller. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they shrunk a bit more even, because running is way more comfortable the smaller my chest size. DH misses my Cs but I must say, I definitely don't!

Errm.. slight correction... now I got professionally fitted last week and I'm officially an A cup (and I've gone down a band size.. woohoo :) ). I tried not to be too excited about it though, poor DH was devastated LOL!!

LindsaySnod
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
At 80 pounds ago I was a 40DD, but now I got to a 36D, so I only lost one cup size in the process. However, like some of the others, they seem to have "deflated" a bit. I don't fit into a C, but I feel like maybe I'm just a small D. Now that I'm so much closer to my goal, I decided to start buying some bras and I recently picked up two Biofit bras from Victoria's Secret at the semi-annual sale. I got to great bras for half price, and the support is amazing! I think that extra support/push-up was the key since they lost some volume to them. I hope that helps a little!

shortchick
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I was a B cup and now a AA. Love my new body and wouldn't change it for the world. I guess I can always look bigger if I feel the need. ( So far, haven't felt it was necessary. )

MeganTheMushroom
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Love your boobs no matter what size.
They're made unique and for you, never get implants, you'll lose the sensitivity real breasts have.

I love my boobs. A B cup now at 162 (5'8), they'll probably shrink once I get to my goal of 145. I don't mind. They're still amazing just the way they are :)