Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Breast lift!

View Full Version : Breast lift!

Jpye
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Is anyone else planning on getting a breast lift once they lose the weight? I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, and when I reach goal I am definitely getting one... already have my surgeon picked out and all. :D Has anyone had one or know of someone who has had one? I've never really heard of anyone else's experience with it. Worth it?

baker23
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I haven't had one, but my mom did. She had her breast reduced, and the lift was part of it. She was in alot of pain for about two weeks after the surgery, so much so that it was almost impossible to be around her. She said once she healed and everything, that she was happy with the results and would do it again.

I couldn't see myself ever getting surgery, just because its alot of money for something that you can't really tell in a bra anyways, but thats just me. Good luck with your surgery. Hope it goes well, and hope your happy with the results of it :)

MeganTheMushroom
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I wonder if weight lifting for the chest area and not wearing a bra (since bras allow for muscle atrophe) as much as possible work instead?

shcirerf
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
If you are very large breasted, it won't help much. Boobies have no muscle. They are fat and milk glands.

You could have the best chest muscles in the world, but it won't keep a pair of, (for me) 38DD's from beating you to your plate.

I know this, because I lift weights and have a very physical job. The girls are still long, droopy and floppy.

I would have a reduction and lift in a second if I had the money.

On another note, there was this commercial today for a 1 hour face lift. Looked amazing. I know it's bunk, but in fun, I asked my Dh if he thought they could do that to my stomach. After having twins that weighed over 6#' each, the tummy is a wreck. We laughed, and he said "call them" LOL.

There are no miracles cheap miracle cures for that either.:D

CherryPie99
01-08-2012, 11:05 PM
The one plus of having small boobies (I'm a small b) is that there has been very little droopage and working my chest has pulled them even more up!

CherryQuinn
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
i plan to get one depending where my boobs end up when im at my ultimate goal weight which is probably 125-135ish give or take. if i have no boobs or saggy boobs or overly large floppy boobs, ill be getting it done and with an implant

OhMyDogs
01-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I had a breast reduction (from a 38 H) back in 2000, which also included a breast lift. I love the lift, but am STILL (12 years later) mad that my surgeon took SO much breast. I am now a borderline B/C, and on my frame (not just my weight, but my overall bone structure) I have joined the IttyBitty*ittyCommitee. I am actually thinking of having a minor augmentation (up to about a D) after I lose all my weight, but am not sure.

The pain was really not that bad at all. I was given percocet for pain relief and never took one. I was tender, yes, but not nearly as bad as I expected!

shcirerf
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I would like to be "perky virgin breast C cup"

I would like to be able to go open/close a barbed wire fence gate, without getting blood blisters on the armpit side of my boobie.

I'd like to be able to do my 4 hours of mowing around the farm every weekend in the summer without sweating my butt off and having a heat rash.

I'd like to ride my horse at a trot or fast gallop, without having to hold the girls up with one arm to minimize the bounce.

And, since I work for a veterinarian, and do a lot of animal restraint, I really would like to quit worrying so much about getting a rabies vaccination in my boobie, when we have an unhappy, struggling dog or kitty! Not to mention, clip nails, the critter has figured out how to hide the toes, My boss has been very gracious about finding the foot, cuz it's usually hiding somewhere between the armpit and the boobie.

I do understand the attachment to the girls, and I have great cleavage. But, everything is a trade off. I'd trade the old, long, floppy 38DD for a nice perky 34C.
Plus, I'd save a butt load on bras.:carrot:

ChickieChicks
01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I am getting surgery soon. I'm getting implants, b/c a lift is actually more invasive. If you had very large breasts, a lift in combination with a reduction will not make the surgery any worse. The reduction and lift are actually kind of similar, both usually removing tissue to "draw in" the excess and "lift".

If you have breasts that lost their volume from weight loss, but the nipple is still pointing the right way, implants are usually recommended. Basically, if your breasts look "normal" when standing in front of a mirror, just they are way too low and flat...implants. If they are saggy and the nipple points down or to the side, no amount of "filling" will put them back where they should be. In that case, a lift or a lift/reduction is common.

Hope that helps!

MissGuided
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I considered it, but read the effects it may have on breast feeding once I have children & decided against it.

berryblondeboys
01-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I once thought of having a reduction, but no way after reading about it. I have f/g cups and honestly, They don't look that huge on my large frame. Problem is, they have always pointed to the ground. They grew that way. And now with age and weight loss, the cup size is the same, but they aren't held up by fat, so they are even more droopy.

But... A reduction would mean removing the nipple and repositioning it. I'm done having babies, so no issue with breast feeding anymore for me, but just the idea of my nipple being removed. And then, what about sensation? It's reaction to stimulus? Would they just be lifeless nipples instead of "normal"? I think my husband would HATE that and I wouldn't be too keen on that either.

sontaikle
01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't really mind the way my breasts look. Sure, I'm 23 so I would expect to have full and firm breasts but I'm not going to lose any sleep over them.

They aren't as full as I would like and they sag a little, but they aren't all that bad considering. In the right bra they look amazing anyway.

I did lose breast volume, but I lost the least amount of inches there after hitting goal (only 7", 44" bust to 37" bust and 40D bra to 32DD bra while I lost around 10+ everywhere else). I think between my age and the fact that I'm an avid weight lifter has also helped.

Even though surgery would make them better, I hear that one loses sensation in their breasts after the surgery. This has completely turned me off from getting it as I...uh...rather like having sensation there...I'm sure I don't need to go into details ;)

Plus, I haven't had kids yet. Who knows what'll happen to the girls after having kids and breastfeeding. Might as well wait and see.

babygrant
01-10-2012, 01:49 AM
I had a reduction which involved a lift about 2 years ago. I went from a f cup to a d. Had 7 lbs removed. My only regret is not having it done sooner! I waited till I was done having children because nursing was so important to me. My youngest was 4 w hen I had it done and i had it done and it was a bit hard cause he wanted to be picked up and cuddled bit I couldnt. Pain wise I was ok with heavy duty pain pills for the first 3 days and then no meds after. Had to sleep siting up in a recliner for a month though!!

Chubbykins
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I have really perk c cups, but I am totally worried they will start sagging soon :(
I've always been super proud of them puppies and I don't know how I'll feel when they are gone.

If it wasn't so invasive I'd change them in the future, but somehow it feels like it isn't worth the risk? I don't know.

My mother had breast cancer so I could opt for mastectomy and fake boobs afterwards so I'll be safe. That's the only reason I'd really do it I think in the end, but I worry.

jeminijad
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I will most certainly be having something done. What that will be I am not certain of yet.

I've had 3 full term pregnancies, and nursed 2 babies. I also have congenital breast asymmetry- one small B and one large C/small D. So I'll possibly need a lift on one side, and an implant/areola tatooing on the other.

I don't care that a bra & insert hides it. I detest the way my chest looks and will happily take out a loan to pay whatever it costs. I just can't do it till I'm within 20lbs of goal- so, 160lbs.

Gabe
01-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll probably need one. They. . .are not perky. That being said, I wasn't willing to do surgery to lose the weight, so I'll probably not do surgery to fix my chest. I'll just wear bras. It's not that there's anything wrong with surgery; it's just that I'm scared of it. "First we knock you out, then we cut you open?" It just makes my skin crawl.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't do it if my life were threatened--and, heck, if diet and exercise hadn't worked for me, maybe I would have done weight loss surgery--but I'm just too chicken to do it to fix my gravity-afflicted breasts.

Also, unless the plastic surgery fairy leaves ten grand under my pillow, I can't afford it. ;)

wirebiter
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm going to give dry skin brushing a try. I also have alfalfa supplements which is supposed to help the skin but I am horrible about remembering to take them. I don't know if I will get surgery if that doesn't help. It would be nice to have them both the same size and my nipples both even. That is still a few years away though. Still need to lose the weight.

cherrypie
01-16-2012, 11:34 AM
when I was pregnant and nursing I started wearing a bra 24 hours a day. When I was finished they really looked the same when I started. I'm hoping the same will be true of losing weight.

runningfromfat
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I would like to be "perky virgin breast C cup"

I would like to be able to go open/close a barbed wire fence gate, without getting blood blisters on the armpit side of my boobie.

I'd like to be able to do my 4 hours of mowing around the farm every weekend in the summer without sweating my butt off and having a heat rash.

I'd like to ride my horse at a trot or fast gallop, without having to hold the girls up with one arm to minimize the bounce.

And, since I work for a veterinarian, and do a lot of animal restraint, I really would like to quit worrying so much about getting a rabies vaccination in my boobie, when we have an unhappy, struggling dog or kitty! Not to mention, clip nails, the critter has figured out how to hide the toes, My boss has been very gracious about finding the foot, cuz it's usually hiding somewhere between the armpit and the boobie.

I do understand the attachment to the girls, and I have great cleavage. But, everything is a trade off. I'd trade the old, long, floppy 38DD for a nice perky 34C.
Plus, I'd save a butt load on bras.:carrot:

I have to ask but are you sure you're a 38DD??? For your height/weight that would be a very large ribcage measurement. Your underbust (measured tightly!!)=your band size. If you're havening to hold up your breasts to run etc it sounds like your band size is WAY too big for you!!!!

90% of the support from your bra comes from the band, NOT the straps. Have your measured your underbust recently and checked? I'm a 30H more or less and have no problems finding supportive sports bras that have almost no bounce (Freya Active!!!!). Granted, when i take off my bra that's another story entirely but I don't have a ton of bounce in my day-to-day life.

runningfromfat
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I've thought A LOT about a breast lift. I'm not planning on getting a reduction and my hope is that through weight loss I can get to a 30G or less (30H at the moment more or less). My fear is that I'll end up needing something like a 26 or 28 band and then I'll run into a lot of problems finding bras that fit! :dizzy: Oh well, what can you do?

But I'm unsure about a lift. I definitely wouldn't do it until I'm 100% sure that we're done having kids. I fell really strongly about breastfeeding and wouldn't want any chance of nursing a future child. However, after that... maybe? I'm also throwing around the idea of a tummy tuck with all the loose skin there so it would probably be a combo of the two. I can't really say until I hit maintenance and stay there for awhile.

I'm definitely not cool with losing sensation so that's by far the biggest con for me. Since I wouldn't be doing this right away anyways, the money could be saved up over time if I'm serious about it, but I'm not sure. DH isn't complaining and I think he'd be behind me either way.

Another thing I wonder about too, though, is that I know they say that lifts don't reduce your cup size but what if you have A LOT of loose skin?

RE: Weight lifting. Nope doesn't help. :( I've been lifting since March 2010 and have some amazing defined muscles... with saggy breasts and lots of extra skin! :lol: I've also had once pregnancy where I gained too much weight + second pregnancy+nursing 2 years+ weight loss so I was doomed to begin with. ;) For me they're saggy because of the extra skin, simple as that. I can pinch away quite a bit of skin on them.

Butterfly1987
02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I am getting surgery soon. I'm getting implants, b/c a lift is actually more invasive. If you had very large breasts, a lift in combination with a reduction will not make the surgery any worse. The reduction and lift are actually kind of similar, both usually removing tissue to "draw in" the excess and "lift".

If you have breasts that lost their volume from weight loss, but the nipple is still pointing the right way, implants are usually recommended. Basically, if your breasts look "normal" when standing in front of a mirror, just they are way too low and flat...implants. If they are saggy and the nipple points down or to the side, no amount of "filling" will put them back where they should be. In that case, a lift or a lift/reduction is common.

Hope that helps!

That was very very helpful, my boobies have zero volume but the nipple points the right way so implants are an option for me when I have the money.. thanks :-)

Prism21
02-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Great advice regarding the need for a lift vs just implants. I've done extensive research on this as well. Also if your nipple (center not areola) sits below your crease, most likely you'd need a lift.

I'm having my augmentation in a few weeks. I am SO excited! :carrot: I never had much in the way of breasts but after losing my weight, they are just deflated sacks. So sad looking and just ewe.

Hope that helps!

StephanieM
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM
When I lost 48 lbs in 2010 I went from a DD to a D and they stayed looking nice.

Now that I've just had a baby, I can see things are starting to point down. I'm scared what weight loss will do to them this time.

I've always been open to the idea of getting a lift once I'm done having kids and will hopefully be able to do that some day.

ErBear
02-20-2012, 06:50 PM
I had a breast reduction, which includes reshaping and a lift a couple years ago. It's possibly the best decision of my life. I have a lot less back pain (insurance paid for most of it for this reason). The couple of days afterward were awful, but as soon as I could get up and move around and wear my own clothes and see what a difference it made, it was totally worth it. The lift part was great and still just as perky as they were when it was done.

124chicksinger
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't speak from experience, but have several friends/coworkers who reduced/lifted. All of them were happy they did it. The down side is scarring. If you are prepared for that and don't mind it, it should not be an issue.

Dolly Sunshine
02-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I had a reduction/lift several years ago. One of the best things I have ever done. I was thinner then so I have gone from a 36C post surgery to a 38D but they are still waaaay perkier than they ever were even when I was 18. I had very little pain and minimal scarring.

lyv33
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I have already had a consultation with my plastic surgeon and the cost of the lift with a small reduction on the left (the left is a little bit larger than the right) will cost me $5500. Will definitely be getting this done this Spring or Summer. I can't wait for things to be back where they are suppose to be.

SoMuchFattitude
03-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Yes, yes and yes. I plan on having children first and then having a lift between the ages of 33-35. There is absolutely 100% no doubt about this.

I have however shrunk from a 38F to a 36DDD. Which is concerning for me, as I love my tits. So, perhaps I'll have the whole kitten caboodle and gettem' stuffed too.

meltaway
03-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I've wanted a breast reduction since I was 11. Having a reduction/lift is actually one of my weight loss goals/rewards. I have no intention of having children, so this isn't a concern for me. My skin scars easily, so that will be something to deal with, but it'll be worth it not to have a pair of floppy DDD's hanging around!