Support Groups - ~ January Jewels ~

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : ~ January Jewels ~

Laura78
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
This is a group for new ladies starting out on their journey to be fit. All are welcome!

Laura78
01-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I guess I will start with an introduction :)

Hi :wave:

My name is Laura and I'm 33. I have a hubby and two kids and I work full time. I am hoping to lose 73 pounds total. I have struggled with weight on and off my entire life and I'm ready to lose it for good. Hoping to find some friends who would like to do the same.

I am using calorie counting and moderate excercise for now. I have started with about 1300-1500 calories and will move down when/if the weight stops coming off. :)

Tomorrow I head back to work after a two week holiday with the kids. NOT looking forward to it as I have a really high stress job and hoping that I don't eat my way through the stress from now on.

Looking forward to meeting some of you too! :)

Foxevil
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Hiya Laura,

Hope you don't mind me popping into join you?

:wave:

HilaryAnne
01-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey Girls!

I'm Hilary. :) I'll be 29 this week Thursday, I'm a nanny for 3 kids (6, 2.5 and 10 months) and a college student. I'm just starting to diet, Again. 2 years ago I lost 105lbs and now I've gained almost all of it back.

I'm ready to STOP the Yo-Yo and start my life!

I am going to try calorie counting too, Laura. I did WW before but don't have the money to sign up again. I have a free gym membership, that I have yet to take advantage of (but am about to start going) and I want to start running again.

Thanks for starting this thread, should be a good tool for us all.

Seekingsusan
01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm Susan this is my first day and first blog on chicks. I am desparely trying to lose weight and keep it off. YoYoing has been my life for a few years. Hope to do it right this time

HilaryAnne
01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi Susan. Welcome!

What type of plan are you following?

LW12
01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi all. :) I'm a 30 year old female. Like so many, I'm tired of the yoyo dieting. I'm fed up losing it, feeling good about myself & then putting it back on & feeling disappointed with myself. I'm trying to do it the "right" way this time. No fads, just a good calorie controlled diet with some exercise thrown in. I want it to be something I can maintain, rather than something that gets the weight off but is impossible to maintain in the "real world".
I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all & seeing you all lose the weight. Lets go girls! ;)

-Laura78- Great choice of name! :)

Laura78
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Ladies! Glad you have join me here :)

LW12 - I feel exactly the same way about wanting to do something I can maintain. For the last several days I've been trying to look at recipes and things that I love eating but won't be so fatty. I have, however, decided to give up things like pasta and chips because I can never have just "a bit", maybe I'll incorporate them back in sometime. I have recently discovered my LOVE for avocados, but I get nervous with the fat content. But they are OH SO YUMMY and good for me too....so I'm torn.

Susan - Hi there! Would love to get to know you more and share this journey with you.

Hilary - Sounds like you have a busy life. I have also lost and gained. The most I lost was 50 lbs when I got down to 167 lbs about 4 years ago (when I was your age!) and then I started working and have since gained those 50 lbs back plus an additional 6 :o Have you ran before? Everytime I try to start a running program I blow my knees out, so this time I'm sticking with the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. Maybe whe I'm 30 or 40 pounds lighter I can try running again.

Foxevil - Of course you're welcome to join us. What are your goals?

HilaryAnne
01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Laura - I AM busy!! Trying to fit everything I want and need to do in a day can be a challenge sometimes. LOL

Back in 2010, when I lost all the weight the first time, I did run a LOT. I started doing the Couch to 5k program (a little running with lots of walking and then adding more running little by little) and ran in a few 5k's, 10k's and even trained for a 25k (got up to 10 miles at a time) before getting bronchitis. I never ran further than my 10 mile training run and since then have only run a 5k or 2. It's been a year since I've even attempted a run.

Back at the beginning, just with the knowledge this time that I CAN be a runner.

Definitely be gentle to your knees. Good running shoes, or training on a treadmill or track for cushioning, can be very helpful.

LW12
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
- Laura78 - Is there anything on those Walk Away The Pounds DVDs that you could suggest. Like I said earlier, I'm currently power walking but maybe there's something on that DVD that I could try that I'm currently not trying. As much as I want to begin running, I don't feel like I'm there just yet.
I'm cutting out chips & what I class as "crap" apart from the very very occassional treat, but I am allowing myself a portion of bread & pasta once a week.

Seekingsusan
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I buy brooks addictions to help my knees but I walk too
Hi Ladies! Glad you have join me here :)

LW12 - I feel exactly the same way about wanting to do something I can maintain. For the last several days I've been trying to look at recipes and things that I love eating but won't be so fatty. I have, however, decided to give up things like pasta and chips because I can never have just "a bit", maybe I'll incorporate them back in sometime. I have recently discovered my LOVE for avocados, but I get nervous with the fat content. But they are OH SO YUMMY and good for me too....so I'm torn.

Susan - Hi there! Would love to get to know you more and share this journey with you.

Hilary - Sounds like you have a busy life. I have also lost and gained. The most I lost was 50 lbs when I got down to 167 lbs about 4 years ago (when I was your age!) and then I started working and have since gained those 50 lbs back plus an additional 6 :o Have you ran before? Everytime I try to start a running program I blow my knees out, so this time I'm sticking with the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. Maybe whe I'm 30 or 40 pounds lighter I can try running again.

Foxevil - Of course you're welcome to join us. What are your goals?

Seekingsusan
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Susan. Welcome!

What type of plan are you following?
Just a life change of eating habits. I use food for stress.

Laura78
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Susan - Is that a type of shoe?

LW - I've lost alot of weight in the past using the WATP DVDs. I have several of them and they range from low intensity to higher intensity (with power "runs") and most of them have some sort of toning either using weights or bands. I really love Leslie's perkiness. I love "Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection" which comes with the stretchie band. There are 1,2,3, and 4 mile walks on this one. Look it up on Amazon and you can see all the great reviews!

Hilary - It was on the couch to 5k that I really hurt my knees. I can't even remember how far I got, but I was loving it so much. I had dowloaded something from itunes that told me when to walk and run on my ipod with great muic. I think I'll make 170 my weight to try to start that again. I think was around 200 when I tried it last. Do you have a treadmill or do you do it outside?

cestets
01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to join you. I'm Caryn and I live in Grand Rapids, MI. Hilary -were you training for the Riverbank 25k? Just wondering since I see you live in MI too. I am 36, full time worker and mommy with a wonderul supportive husband. I would like to lose about 30 lbs. Well 40 would be great, but I like to keep it real. :) I have lose weight with WW before, but this time bought that new fad thing PINK method. I know you don't need the latest, but I really wanted something to get me motivated, something to be excited about, something NEW. It's a lot like South Beach but with 3 different levels of workout DVD's. The first couple weeks the eating plan is a bit rigid, so for 2 days it's been mainly veggies and protein. Kinda hungry, but not too bad. When I feel stressed or bored or tempted or whatever, it sure would be great to have a place to go to read others frustrations, exchange support, etc. I wish everyone well and hope to get to know you!

begoodjen
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi Everyone!
My name is Jen and and am 30 and married with no kids (but 3 fur babies :) and I am a student. I started following WW on my own ( I don't like the meetings) in October and I have lost 30 pounds so far. The only exercise I do right now is walking but I am starting a yoga class next month. I am really excited to have found this site and I love the idea of this newbies group!! I am planning to lose the weight pretty slowly. I am happy with losing 5 pounds a month or so. The first 30 came off pretty fast but seems to be slowing down and I am ok with that. I don't deprive myself of anything - if I really want something I find a way to fit it in my points. If I can't fit in it, I usually decide it's not worth it. I find as long as I eat a lot of veggies and fiber and stick close to the points I seem to lose. I have to have it realistic for me to stick to forever or I know I will fail. I have cut out some things totally like pop but mostly it's just been a drastic cut in portion sizes. I like exercise once I get into it but usually find it hard to get motivated. I am hoping I will like the yoga :) Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Jen

KimG813
01-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I am so excited to be a part of this group (I'm also trying the blogging thing if anyone wants to check me out)

So let's see... I'm 29... I'm married, but my husband is in the Army and stationed in Korea for the next year. We don't have any children, but would like to start a family when he returns... So, among other motivations, I'm trying to get baby ready!

To reach my goals, I joined a gym, got a trainer and joined Weight Watchers. I lost about 50 pounds on weight watchers about 4 or 5 years ago... But gained it back and... As they say, 5 new friends...

Anyways... I'm so glad to have all of you to share this journey with.

Luck and success to us all!!

Laura78
01-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Happy Monday Jewels! I'm glad to see we have some new ladies joining us.

Today I go back to work after 2 weeks off. The kids are back to school as well so it's back to the regular schedule. I usually do 15-20 mins of internet in the morning so you'll usually see posts from me in the morning and after work depending on how much time the kids give me ;)

This is day 4 for me and I'm starting to not feel so hungry. The hardest is that I gave myself a rule not to eat after dinner and I'm finding that the hardest and may even reconsider in.

So a group question - would we like to do weigh-ins together? I do mine on Fridays but I am open to any day. What do you think?

Kim - Welcome! Good luck on WW, from what I've seen it's the best program out there in terms of flexibility.

Jen - Congrats on your 30 lbs loss :cp: That is AWESOME! It sounds like you know what you're doing. 5 lbsa month is a great goal. I hope to lose 10 lbs for my first 4 weeks and then 5 lbs thereafter...hopefully that's doable. That would almost bring me to my goal b the end of the year.

Caryn - Welcome! I love the way you spell your name. I've never head of the PINK method, but it's my favourite colour anyway (yes, that is Canadian spelling!! LOL). It sounds intense.....you'll have to keep us posted on your progress.

Hello everyone else! :wave:

HilaryAnne
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Good Morning!!

I'm excited it's Monday for the first time in awhile. I start my winter semester today and am already ready for this Math class to be done. Haha.

Group Question - I am open to a group weigh in day. Right now I weigh in on Tuesday morning with my sister (we live together) but I may be able to influence her to choose a different day if Tues doesn't work for us all.

Laura - I don't have a treadmill at home but I have a gym membership. I prefer to run outside though whenever I can. Treadmill running can get quite boring!

Caryn - I live in GR too! I was training for the RiverBank run. I did the 5k one year and then was training for the 25k for the following before I got sick. I think I am going to do the 5k again this year, if you'd like to join me!!!!

Welcome to all the new comers!

Does anyone have any small goals they are striving for this week, specifically, rather than just overall weight loss?

My goal this week is to get in my 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY.

Hope your weekends were great!

begoodjen
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning,
Group Question - I also weigh in on Fridays so this would be perfect. I usually eat too much on Sundays (dinner with the parents and sisters every weekend) and if I do drink it is usually on Saturday so this is why I do it Fridays :) But I can switch if anyone wants to do a different day. I think it will be a great motivator!

HilaryAnne - I think I will join you as well and make my mini-goal water. I have been slipping on the water lately so this is a good goal.

Have a great day everyone! I am back to classes which I have been out of for a year and half so this should be interesting :)

Jen

KimG813
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Morning All!

GROUP QUESTION: I'm in for the weigh in, just let me know what day you ladies decide. Accountability is a must for me!

Today is the first day back at work for me since I started WW on Saturday... it's going pretty well. The key for me is to plan ahead... and I have so...

Let's see... a goal... For this week, my goal is simply to stay within my points... and to that I'll add... work out at least 3 times in ADDITION to my 2 sessions with my trainer. I've already completed 1.

Good luck today to everyone!

Laura78
01-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Morning again ladies. Seems our group has quieted down a bit - come on, we ca do it :carrot:

Last night I had a bit of a "mini binge" and I wasn't so happy with myself. It was about 12 saltine crackers and I wanted more but at least I stopped. It doesn't seem so bad exceptI had already reached my calorie allottment for the day - bummer.

OK, so let's try for a Friday weigh-in if that's OK? Seems that is majority so far unless a few other ladies come back to us :)

My goal for this week is to just stick with it. I usually give up by day 4 or 5 and I just want to stick with it this time. Even if it means I have to have a few crackers ;)

Kim - The points program has changed now, hasn't it? I used to follow it loosely. Back when I was 16 I even did the "old" WW with the 4 proteins, 4 carbs, 2 fruits, etc. It seemed more simple back then. I lost a bunch of weight which started my foray into yo yo dieting. I was only 140 lbs and I thought I was a cow. Now my goal is 150, LOL.

Jen - How was school??

Hilary - How was school for you?

Happy Tuesday!!! :)

HilaryAnne
01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Good Morning!

I'll switch my weigh-in to Friday this week. I did have my first week weigh-in this morning and I am down 6lbs! YAY!!

Laura - School was good. I'm taking an online math class, so there is a lot of reading math and watching videos of math solutions. I took my first class quiz, to make sure I was in the right level class, and got 100% and then also took my week one pre-test to get my homework assignments and got an 80%! I'm pretty happy with those scores. It's my FIRST EVER college class! Good job stopping yourself from eating anymore crackers. Just remember today is a new day and YOU CAN DO IT!

Jen - How did you do with drinking water yesterday? I felt like my teeth were floating a bit. LOL

Kim - Good mini-goal to have, workouts are so important!

My sister and I went to the gym last night to meet with a trainer we are thinking about signing up to take some sessions with and my arms are KILLING me today. It was my first workout in awhile and it felt really good to sweat.

On to another day! Stay strong, Ladies. :)

KimG813
01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I have a Saturday weigh in with WW but I will do a Friday morning with you all on MY scale. lol... I also have a Wednesday weigh in at work with a coworker... but that's good for me because it prevents me from trying to cheat in the early part of the week and try to kick it into gear near the weigh in date.

Let's see... Laura, yes, WW is more complicated now... when I first tried WW (briefly 10 years ago), they counted calories, fat and fiber - this changed last year to fat, fiber, carbs, and protein. I never did it the way you were talking about it, but I lost some weight on LA Weight loss a few years back and that's how they counted. Anyways, although it is more complicated, they have A LOT of tools to help you thru. I have the eTools which allows me to track on my computer, on my iPad, and on my iPhone. And just this morning, I found out about an iPhone app that lets you scan the barcode of an item and it the nutritional info pops up WITH the PointPlus value... IT IS SO COOL!!

Thanks Hilary! I really must say, I'm getting into this working out thing and even though I haven't made much progress with the scale - I already feel so much better about myself. I was working out last night and thought to myself "I can do this... yes, I will do this". I can already envision and thinner, healthier me. I wanted to do 50 minutes of cardio last night but it was 7pm and I was only at 30 minutes and still had to cook and eat dinner... so I cut it short... but even still, I'm 1 workout away from reaching my workout goal for the week. Tonight I meet with my trainer so I should get the extra one in on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today... I know I plan to!

-Love Life.... Kim!

begoodjen
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Girls!
Laura - School was good. The thing that sucks is I was in a program and took a couple of semesters off. Most of my friends graduated last spring but financially I couldn't afford not to work for a bit. So now I am in classes where everyone knows each other and are friends. But I did find out that one of my friends is taking one class with me and will be graduating this spring with me so that will be nice! Don't worry about the 12 saltines! I know with myself I will always want a snack at night so I leave myself the points/calories. I don't believe in the not eating after x time - I figure its calories all day whenever you eat them :)
Hilary - awesome job with the 6 lbs!!!!! The water was good. I feel better when I drink more water. Although it also involves more trips to the bathroom! :)
Kim - I love envisioning myself thinner too! We can say we are doing it for health (which is true) but I try to stay motivated thinking how awesome I will look when I reach my goal!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen

Tink2007
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Good morning ladies. My name is Brittany I am 24 years old. I have been big my whole life and I'm sick of it! I'm so ready to take control of my life and start living it my way. I'm going to try the P.I.N.K method, seems like something I can do. I am still single, no kids, not many friends. I have a career and just bought a house 6 months ago. I look forward to doing this journey with you ladies :)

begoodjen
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi Brittany!
Welcome! Congratulations on buying your first house on your own! Look foward to getting to know you better :)

Jen

KimG813
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
First... WELCOME TINK! Since you say you don't have many friends - feel free to count me as one! Congrats on your new house and your upcoming weightloss success... I think we should all begin speaking these things as though they already were!

To everyone else... tried something new today and went to Jimmy John's for an "unwich". For those of you who have never had or tried and unwich, it's any of their sandwiches, as a lettuce wrap (instead of the bread). It was actually pretty good and very filling. The only thing that bothered me was thinking about all the people who can eat nothing but bread all day and not gain a pound :D Really though, having the lettuce (IMO) gave it a fresh crisp taste. Just a suggestion for someone looking to try something new/different or who wants a lower calorie sandwich substitute. Also, these can easily be made at home (for a fraction of the cost).

LW12
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi & welcome to everyone that has joined. Good to see you all! :)

Laura78 - Friday weigh in works for me, that's my "weigh in" day anyway. :) I hear a lot of people talk about not eating after 6pm etc. That would never work for me. I only finish work after 6pm! :)

HilaryAnne - No specific goals for this week. I just want to maintain the healthy eating, no slip ups. Although my "in the near future" goal is to get down into the 190's again. When I was on a diet last year I got down to 197 & felt soooo good for it. I look back now & wonder how I allowed myself to creep up again from there. Grr!

KimG813 - I'm a bread fiend. Its one of my guilty pleasures. I just love nothing more than a sandwich, or bread with pasta, soup etc. etc. Its been the 1 thing I have found hard to cut down on.

stlrsgrl43
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Hello all, my name is jamie, I am 40, married, have 3 teenage sons. My problem is i eat out of bredom and stress. I dont drink, smoke or do drugs so food is my only vice. My ultimate goal is around 150 but my short term is under 200, I am at 234 now. I have never tried ww but have been ntertaining the idea lately. I have tried alli and i liked it but would like to try something different. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kitten1966
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone , I am Sara... 46 and desparate to lose some weight this year... I Blossomed over twice the recommended weight for my height ( 100 lbs over 5 years) and looking forwards to new ideas for tricks to curb cheating and increase energy. Right now I am changing eating habits and increasing exercis moderately

stlrsgrl43
01-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I dont have a weigh in day as of yet but Friday would be good for me.

Laura78
01-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Yay new members! :cheer2: It seems like we have so many smarty-pants in the group! I better watch my grammar :D

I'm sitting here on the computer eating a huge bowl of cooked cauliflower with the recipe I got when I read Candace Cameron-Bure's book (Re-Shaping It All)

I had yet another super-stressful day at work today but I survived and I'm home. I've really been lacking in the exercise department, but I'm giving myself a "bye" for a few days as I'm adjusting getting back into schedule. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

I wanted to mention something my pastor said at church this week. He was talking about examining our actions and it can apply to anyone, not just Christians. He said he would never tell us not to do something the Bible is unclear on (such as drinking), but he told us to ask ourselves these two questions: 1) Is my action profitable? and 2) Am I enslaved by it? Does it master me? So I thought I could apply that to eating. Food certainly enslaves me and I need to learn to deal with that.

Sara - Welcome! I have also gained tons of weight over the last several years (since I started working f/t). It is disheartening, but that's why we're here. Let's do it together!

Jamie -Welcome to you. Food is definitely my drug of choice. It is the one drug that is so obvious to others, though. If I was a drinker or addicted to porn, at least I could hide it....but my butt doesn't lie - LOL.

LW - Yeah, I guess eating after 6pm doesn't work for everyone. I try to stick with it as best as I can. In the past I've had good results with giving myself that rule.

Km - The "unwich" sounds like a great idea....thanks for the suggestion. The ipad app sounds great!!

Brittney - Welcome! You are so accomplished for someone your age, be proud - congratulations. I would love to be your friend and go on this journey together. I get the sense that you are a go-getter, so I think you will do great :)

Jen - Sorry you don't have as many friends in your new classes..that would be a bummer. I'm so impressed that you're going to school...it's just not in me. I was done school at 20 - LOL. I went to a technical college that only took 18 months to squeeze in 4 years of college.

Hillary - Great job going to your very first college class - how awesome is that???? I'm amazed that you are attempting starting college and a healthy eating plan at the same time. It looks like you're going for the whole life overhaul :)

Kitten1966
01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Well I have a new stressor that adds to my problems... I am a stress eater and I just LOST my job so now I am unemployed and at home full time.... with lots of spare (boring eating) time... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura78
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Oh no Sara! Big hugs to you :grouphug: Take some time for yourself, breathe in, breathe out and evaluate where you want to go. Be kind to yourself. :hug:

Maybe you can make lemons out of lemonade by taking this as your chance to add more working out to your schedule instead of eating. I know if I had more time I would make more complicated (yet yummy) recipes.

HilaryAnne
01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
OMGosh - my arms are SO SORE!! That workout last night just killed me. (and I love it!) I had a good day eating right, drinking water and all that. I have a 5AM workout planned for tomorrow. Let's hope I wake up in time to fit it in before work.

Kim - How did your session with your trainer go tonight? I get really into working out sometimes too. My biggest hurdle is starting my workout, once I'm going though, I feel great.

Jen - I totally hit the bathroom too many times today too. The 2.5 year old I nanny for always stands outside the bathroom door, knocking and saying 'I have to tell you sumpin, open up please'

Welcome Brittany! You are among friends here. Good luck to you on this journey. Anything I can help with, encouragement or support, I'm here.

LW - I understand not knowing how you can let the weight come back. I have done that so many times.

Sara - I'm so sorry about your job. I can feel your pain. I lost my job in October and was so depressed and thought the end of the world was near. I gave myself a week to 'grieve' my job and then went to find what path my life was supposed to be on. By November, I had the nanny job I work now and just yesterday, I started college for the first time. You will survive but we are here for support when you need it.

Laura - A whole life overhaul is right; new house, new job, starting school, and now starting to get healthy so that the rest doesn't kill me. :)

I'm off to watch a little TV and then crash before my alarm startles me awake WAY too early.

~Good Night All

KimG813
01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
GOOD MORNING JEWELS!

Welcome to all new ladies - I know we're all so glad to have you.

To everyone, I just want to say that I am extremely happy that we started this group - I look forward to writing you all at least once a day and learning from you whenever I can as well as helping you whenever/however I can.

QUESTIONS ANSWERED:

LW12 - I must admit I'm a bread fiend too... I made crescent rolls to go with dinner the other night and 1 turned into 3... but, it fit within my "points" so I hope I don't have to pay for it too dearly.

Stlrsgrl43 - You didn't really ask me a question but, I just wanted to say I LOVE WEIGHT WATCHERS. I have found it to truly be the best program (for me). It gives me guidelines and freedom at the same time. Very manageable. I personally think it's best to go to meetings for the accountability, but if you're going to do the weigh in with us January Jewels, that might be the only accountability you need - besides, some folks are fine just being accountable to themselves.

Laura - I guess you didn't really ask me a question either, but I'm sure (if you were ever interested in WW) that the apps are available on Blackberry as well. My coworker has a droid and I showed her the same apps and she is now using them as well.

HilaryAnne - Yesterday my trainer took everything I had and left me with nothing!!! The workout was good and I really put myself into it... and even though it didn't seem TOO intense, I had ZERO energy/motivation left to do cardio after we were done (I usually try to get in at least another 30 minutes)

In other news, I made a chicken taco salad last night. Guess it wasn't really a taco salad as I didn't have a tortilla or taco shell... but I did use taco seasoning. I was initially going to use a whole wheat tortialla but after skipping my cardio, I decided to skip the tortially as well. Anyways, it was delicious! I rushed home before the gym to cook it so that I could eat as soon as I got home. I workout so late that I end up eating late as well. I try to keep it as healthy as possible but I know eating late can sometimes work against weight loss... so I tried to save myself at least 30 minutes with the little bit of time I had between work and the gym.

GROUP QUESTION: What did you have for dinner last night?

Sorry this post was so long...

HilaryAnne
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Group Question: I made a new Mac and Cheese last night. It's made with Veggie pasta and it was delicious. I was a little nervous to try it but I'm glad I did. I also had a baked potato and instead of butter, I covered it in a serving of cottage cheese. If you like baked potatoes with sour cream, try adding cottage cheese instead. It's very good and WAY better for you.

Kim - I love any kind of Mexican food! Chicken taco salad sounds really yummy. I'm making chicken fajita tonight and I'm as excited as a 3 year old having apple juice. LOL

begoodjen
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Good morning!

Group Question: Last night I had brown basmati rice with green beans, peas and roasted red peppers, steamed broccoli and a leftover slice of zucchini pie. It was yummy!

That's it for now - I have to get ready for school but I look forward to checking in tonight!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
KimG Thanks for the ww advice, I think I am going to stick it out on my own for a couple weeks and see how that goes before making a final decision on ww. I downloaded a calorie/food counter app on my evo and I like it pretty good. It has a bar code scanner so if u dont want to search for the food, you can just scan the bar code of something nd add it to your meal or snack list. It also has a grid that tells you how many calories you have remaining for the day.

stlrsgrl43
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Group Question Last night I had 1 cup of chicken helper for dinner as well as some fresh fruit and yogurt for snack. Does anyone else have a problem cooking for themselves and something diff for their family. Sometimes i find it difficult due to having a husband and 3 teenage boys and end up cooking 2 diff meals.

stlrsgrl43
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Can anyone tell me how you get one of those ticker counters I have seen?

LW12
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Laura78 ~ I’m a Blackberry girl too, although recently I have been leaning towards an iphone. Want, want, want! ;)

Kitten1966 ~ All I can say is make use of this forum for support & motivation. We’re all here for the same reason. Could you maybe get a temporary job volunteering etc. just to keep you out of the house & keep you busy, or will you have to put all your resources into finding a new job? I’m so sorry that you lost your job. :(

KimG813 ~ I find that when I eat bread daily (once daily) that I don’t lose as much weight as when I don’t eat it. It also makes me feel bloated. I know some people that can eat it morning, noon & night & it doesn’t affect them. Maybe you’re one of the lucky ones. :)

What did I have for dinner last night? ~ I had a small portion of pasta bulked out with lots of veggies. I learned the “bulking out with vegetables” trick from WW.

stlrsgrl43 ~ I don't really mind cooking one thing for me & something different for everyone else during the week. Normally when I get home from work at night I am so hungry that I would happily eat the beard of Moses! :) Its the weekends that I struggle. Family/friends are being "good" to themselves because its the weekend & I'm sat still trying to eat healthily. That's when it gets a bit tempting.

LW12
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Group Question ~ I have a job/boss that causes me quite a bit of stress on occasions. Once I get stressed I tend to bring that stress home with me. Its puts me in a mood and usually culminates in a migraine. How do you all destress or cope with your life's stresses?

KimG813
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
LW12... without going back thru the threads, I don't remember, but do you workout?

If not, try to get some of that in... if so, try to kick it up a notch. A vigorous workout doesn't leave me much energy for being stressed. I know it sounds kind of cliche to bring everything back to health and fitness but seriously...

My husband left for a year in Korea last month... I don't think I'll see him again til June. We have been married for a year and 3 months and if I combine all the time we have lived together, it equals 4 months - very lonely and stressful at times...

BUT... when I get home after a good workout, I take a hot bath with Dr. Teal's Relax and Relief Epson Salt or Bubble Bath and am ready for bed... no time to think about the stressful things.

LW12
01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
KimG813 ~ I normally come home & before I deal with anything else I hop in the shower to wash the day away. I do exercise, power walking, kettlebell, sit ups, press ups etc. My stress comes in the form that I can't switch my mind off. Even when I'm physically exhausted I still can't "switch off". I believe there's something out there that works for everyone, I just haven't found mine yet.

Laura78
01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello ladies! I looked forward to coming home and coming to check in on the new group. Love that it's quite an active group :)

I'm having such a hard time having the energy to workout. I rush to get the kids ready for school then work all day then come home, cook and eat dinner, and work with them on homework and bring them to lessons, put them to bed, etc. They will only be this young so long so I just have to hang in there. I'm so blessed that DH is such a big help though....he helps me from going completely insane! We have a pretty nasty schedule.

Group Question 1: Last night I had a Cauliflower/anchovie recipe and today I had grilled shrimp on the bbq with a spinach salad w/ avocado - yum!

Group Question 2: I am unfortunately not that good about dealing with life's stresses. My job is killer stressful. I often pray about my stress/anxiety and I spend alot of time talking to my Mom and my DH. I also love a long bath with a good book. I am an avid reader!

LW12 - Don't make the switch! Enjoy your Blackberry! LOL :)

Jamie - You can only get a ticker in your signature when you've been here for 20 days - I'm looking forward to getting one. I think it is somewhere on 3FC mainpage. As for cooking different meals, I always cook different meals. But I'm spoiled because DH cooks for himself and the kids and I cook for myself. We do have some combined meals like Salmon and grilled chicken, but I eat alot of different types of fish and seafood that nobody in my family enjoys. I also love a great salad and nobody here thinks that is an actual meal :lol: So yes, it is slighty challenging, but we make it work.

Jen - Your dinner last night sounds yummy - my kind of meal :hun:

Hilary - Your meal sounds really good too. Have you ever tried greek yogurt? I've heard it's alot like sour cream as well and anywhere you would put sour cream you can substitute with greek yogurt. I think I'm going to buy some this weekend to try it out. How did the 5am workout go? Do you workout before or after you eat?

Kim - I'm so glad we have a group as well. It was hard to figure out where to fit in here, so it's great we made our own "clique" :) Oooooh, your post reminds me of the fact that I used to eat taco salad ALOT..mmm. I'm adding that to my menu next week! :)

Laura78
01-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Ladies! I just wanted to wish you a happy Thursday. Make it count today because tomorrow is Jewels Weigh-In Day! :)

MamaJewel
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
So, I am a little late in joining this even though I was part of the original thread, sorry! In my defense though, it has been a very busy week. Everyone in my house had a stomach virus :( not fun. Anyway, Hello to all my name is Julie but most of my friends call me Jewels. I am the biological mother of three children, ages 6, 4, and 1; and the "step" mother of two, ages 14 and 12. One of my "step" children is disabled, and with all these kids I have little time for myself, but I refuse to not have control over my body anymore. As a bonus, my step children are overweight so the more healthful food I'm preparing is beneficial for them too! I miss being able to keep up with all of them though. I went bike riding a few times with them this summer and it was rough! I couldn't believe how fast I got winded, especially on hills! We used to live In a small town where I would walk or bike everywhere, about 5 miles minimum a day. Plus we were close to a beach where we could swim daily also. Now... that's not quite the case. Long cold winters and lack of opportunity has helped make me lazy. So... I'm joining a gym and counting calories. Hopefully this summer I can get some rollerblades/skates and get back on the bike too! I have also been doing some workouts from youtube on the days I can't go to the gym. charliejames1975... she kicks my butt no joke! Anyway, sorry to ramble... I just had a lot to get off my chest and so i just dove in. :)

begoodjen
01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Julie - Wow your name fits right in with the group name!

Hi everyone! I am nervous but excited for our weigh-in tomorrow! I was so tempted to get on the scale this morning but I thought, no I will be really good today and hopefully see the results Friday.

I bought some new food today to try. I just got finished getting all the seeds out of my first pomegranate! That was some work! I had some of them with some greek yogurt for a snack and it was pretty good. I am going to try some kale for dinner sauteed with fresh ginger and garlic - never had it but I usually like greens that way - may have to add a little parmasean cheese :)

Hope everyone is having a great day and we all see some results tomorrow! :)

Jen

minnietheminx
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi all can i join your group please, i joined the forum this evening.

I'm Lorraine, aged 42 married and have 2 grown up children. I used to be a size 8 but after having kids and giving up smoking my weight has increased. I Have been trying to lose weight forever and as i am now over 40 i am finding the weight easier to go on and harder to come off:dizzy: I am not sure which diet plan to follow yet it is a choice of Scottish Slimmers, Weight Watchers or calorie counting. Which plan do you all follow :D

Laura78
01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Welcome Julie and Lorraine! I just finished a dinner of grilled chicken w/ mushrooms and spinach. It sounds like I eat low carb, but I don't. I just reduce my carbs at night. I'm now on my way to bring my DD to gymnastics.

Lorraine - I am doing just good old fashioned calorie counting. I try to stick between 1300-1500 and then when I get below 200, I will move down to 1200ish or so. This has what worked for me in past.

Jen - I've been trying alot of new foods lately as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your pomegranite, it's so good for you!

Julie - It sounds like you're off to a great start already.

LW12
01-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Today I weighed in at 204.4lbs - Thats a 4lb loss in a week. It makes all those moments of saying "no" worth it. :)

LW12
01-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Laura78 ~ I'm going to take a leaf out of your book & soak in the bath with my book for an hour. Hoping it helps somewhat. :)

Laura78
01-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Congrats LW!

I'm down to 219.6 which is a lost of 3.8 lbs. I'm happy! Good Luck everyone :)

begoodjen
01-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Way to go LW and Laura! I weighed in at 259.4 which is a loss of 2 lb for me! I will take it :)

Happy Friday!

Jen

HilaryAnne
01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Nice work Ladies!

I weighed in at 301 this morning, which is a .5 loss from my Tuesday weigh-in.

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a little treat, so I'm happy with the loss.

Have a great FRIDAY! We got LOTS of snow last night in my city, which means SNOW DAY!!! Hanging with the kiddos, watching movies and drinking hot cocoa. :)

KimG813
01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Jewels!

Welcome Julie and Lorraine - happy to have you!

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN: 229.6 (down 1.4... but from what or when I don't know... when I entered the 231, I'm not sure what day it was from - or what scale... or what time of day... haha... we'll see what happens next week!)

Lorraine - I follow Weight Watchers PointsPlus. I love it because it gives me flexibility and structure at the same time... but can be a bit pricey depending on your "weightloss budget" and the plan you follow. I just started back a week ago but lost about 50 pounds on the Points Program about 50 pounds.

My first week's weigh in is tomorrow... so, that will give me a better idea of how the last week has been for me. I know I've been working out hard and following my points... but the scale doesn't ALWAYS reflect the hard work... oh well, if not this week... I know it will come off. The hard work is worth it!

LW12
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
HilaryAnne ~ You got snow?! Lucky lucky lucky girl. I missed not having any snow this Christmas. :(

LW12
01-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Laura78 ~ Maybe you could ask hubby about where to get a decent cover for my BB Torch 9800? I've tried eBay a few times & they've never fitted properly.

Kitten1966
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok Ladies, I am back... sorry for the quiet for the last week but I was having a little pity party of one and sleeping almost all the time.

Well i kicked myself in the proverbial a** last night and said that life goes on make lemonade.

Weigh in this morning 262 no loss but no gain either which is better considering I have done nothing.

Dinner last night was grilled chicken with Italian marinade over leafy greens and a light side salad of rotini pasta with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Started walking this morning, but for South Miss it was COLD.. almost 30 degrees this morning... not a good temp to try and start walking in lol.

Will post more often now that i am back to being ME :)

stlrsgrl43
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello Jewels

I weigh 230 today, that is a loss of 4 pounds, I am so excited. How is everyone else doing.

MamaJewel
01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Hello all. :) My weight today is 240. I think that was due to a stomach virus though to be honest lol..

Laura78
01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Ladies! It's Friday :carrot: :carrot: What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Tomorrow is cleaning and laundry day - yahoo! I am going to do a workout as well and if we can find somewhere that has some snow we may do some sledding. Sunday is church and we have a small group study and DD has Synchro classes.

Julie - Congrats on your great loss! ETA: Sorry about the bug though - blech!

Jamie - A big loss for you too - great job!

Sara - It's great you stayed the same with the stressful week you had. I'm glad you came back to us :)

LW - Congras on your loss as well. DH doesn't have any tips re: a case for your torch. He carries his "naked". My Mom has a really cool purple cover for her torch that slides in and out.

Kim - Great job on your loss. 1.4 lbs is fantastic! I mean, if I lost that much every week I would be at goal by the end of the year.

Hilary - Happy belated birthday and congratulations on your loss! :)

Jen - Awesome loss!

stlrsgrl43
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning Jewels

Does anyone else have a fatigue problem, I am sooooo tired, no energy. If so, what helps?

LW12
01-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Laura78 ~ Would you mind asking your mam where she got her cover? :)

Congrats to everyone on their losses. Its all in the right direction. :) Went for a power walk this morning. It was hard to get myself out of the house but I always feel a renewed motivation when I complete it.

stlrsgrl43 ~ No problems with fatigue here but I do have an amazing relationship with coffee so that might be the reason why. ;)

Kitten1966 ~ Its great that you stayed the same! If I had done nothing for a week I just know I would put on a few lbs. Well done you. :)

TiredOfMySize
01-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Hello Everyone: I am 'new' *signed up in August but never really stopped back until now* and was told about this group. Mind if i join and walk the journey with you all? God bless!

LW12
01-14-2012, 01:52 PM
TiredOfMySize ~ You found us! Yay! Welcome hun. :)

TiredOfMySize
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
LW:
THANK YOU-exactly what I was/am looking for. By way of introduction:
I am a 47 year old (who feels 24 still!). I have a loving husband and 3 incredible children who are all out of our house now. I started gaining weight slowly in my 30's (when my metabolism slowed down and I could no longer eat everything in sight). Never having to worry about my weight, I had no idea how to slow down or diet, so I chose not to. I am not obsessed with my weight, never have been. I'm not the type to complain about how I look, I actually like WHO I am. I do realize that WHO I am is living in an unhealthy body and so am now willing to do what it takes to change that. Here are my goals for this week. (I believe in attainable small goals that hopefully will someday snowball into my long term goal-being at a weight I feel good in-whatever number that may be).
Week 1 goals:
Join Sarge's group (attained!!!)
Find a support group here of likeminded people ( January Jewels-attained)
Drink 64 oz water daily
Eat 3 square meals and 2 healthy snacks between them
Move more-do floor exercises 5 mornings this week for 10 minutes
Walk my staircases daily at least 1x a day

LW12
01-14-2012, 02:10 PM
TiredOfMySize ~ They all sound like really good mini goals & they can only end up bringing you to a good place! :) 64oz of water, how much is that in litres?

Laura78
01-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Afternoon Jewels!

I got a workout in this morning. It was a 3 mile WATP DVD w/ arm work. It felt great. Now I just have to be consistent....

Tired - Welcome! Glad to have you.

Jamie - I do find sometimes I get sluggish/tired in the afternoon. Usually a glass of water and/or a quick 2 minute walk helps me.

LW - I just asked her and she said it was from some booth at the mall - LOL.

TiredOfMySize
01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
LW:
1.893 litres, to be exact! and thanks~

LW12
01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I used to drink 2 litres of water a day easily. I've been struggling recently though. I'm lucky if I can put away 1 litre. Don't know what has happened.

begoodjen
01-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Tired - welcome! This is a great, motivating group!

stlrsgrl - I usually find fresh air helps me, especially when it is cold out.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Jen

meetzer
01-14-2012, 04:35 PM
"I started gaining weight slowly in my 30's (when my metabolism slowed down and I could no longer eat everything in sight). Never having to worry about my weight, I had no idea how to slow down or diet, so I chose not to."

TiredOfMySize- I'm in the same situation. It's tough to go from not having to worry about weight to suddenly having to figure out how to lose it!

I've researched all kinds of diets and it seems the recurring theme for all of them is that the weight gets regained at some point. I think that emotionally, I couldn't handle that happening to me so I'm starting from the beginning to not 'diet' so much as to eat sensibly. Considering my lifelong lack of willpower, I think success is going to come from re-learning eating habits more so than from sticking to a rigorous diet 'plan' to lose x amount of pounds in x amount of time because I know I cannot stick with something like that for long. I do hope to drop 10-15lbs relatively quickly by watching calories, carbs and protein, but that's really just so that I'll have 'proof' that I can do it. I'll be happy with 1-2lbs/week after that and when I've gotten to a size I like, I'll adjust and aim for maintaining that size for the long run. My ultimate goal is to be able to go back to eating what I want, when I want...but to change my habits now so that the foods I choose then are the right ones.

TiredOfMySize
01-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Meetzer:

Gosh, do I hear you! I think you meant to type 'My ultimate goal is NOT to be able to go back to eating what I want, when I want.....but to change my habits now so that the foods I choose then are the right ones." Yes? I am doing the same thing, watching calories, carbs and proteins-although its not a 'formal diet' its a healthly lifestyle change. Best of luck to you and I hope we can walk this journey together!

meetzer
01-14-2012, 05:39 PM
TiredOfMySize-
Ha! Yes I DID mean to say that! I do want to be able to continue eating the things I want, when I want...I just want to teach myself to want better foods. I'm don't do well with restrictions, so my hope is that I can get my body (or is it my brain?!?) to relearn what it craves. I dread the thought of having to think about and calculate portions and nutrients and such for the rest of my life.
It may be extremely optimistic to think I can retrain myself to crave carrot sticks instead of cheetos, or to prefer fruit over a candy bar to fulfill a sweets craving, but I'm going to try. That way, in the future, food doesn't have to be something I give a lot of thought to, just like it wasn't for the first 35 years of my life. :)

Kitten1966
01-14-2012, 06:43 PM
well girls I drink about 6-8 bottles of water a day..... live in the bathroom... but boy do i notice when I don't have enough now.
Little frustrated today...dropped DH off at bar today as he wanted boys afternoon so I went for walk by myself then picked him up... now he wants finger food n munchies for dinner because of football and no "rabbit food". We cannot afford for me to make two separate meals so I guess I have water and crackers for dinner as he made fried brauts and potatoes.

Glad I found you guys so I can vent and get support.. :)

sookiegirl03
01-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Vickie. My life has changed drasticly as of late and I have decided to change right along with it. I was fit and trim in 2008 and after my mother had a stroke (she took care of my adult disabled brother) I took coustody of her and mybrother. I was instantly confined to home providing 24hr care. I went from a size 8 to a size 16. Then last week my husband of 14 years left saying I had become too unatractive for him. I am curently 226 on a large 5'8" frame. I have about 50 pounds to loose.
I started watching what I eat and introduced more veggies into my diet as of late. I also am joining Curves on Monday.
I dont want a diet or a plan, or a migic pill. I want a life change I can live with and I want to do it with patience, endurance, and peace. I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking to completely change my life for the better forever. I really look forward to meeting people and having support as we all make a choice to overcome. Many Blessings! Vickie

Laura78
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't really count how much water I drink. I usually have one or two large glasses of water before each meal or snack, so that's about 5-10 glasses a day. Seems about right :D

Vickie - Welcome aboard, you've found a great group of ladies just getting started like you are. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel right now after all you've been through. What I do know is that now is the time to treat yourself well and get feeling better. It seems you have put others first to the detriment of your health. Let's do this together. :hug:

begoodjen
01-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi Vickie! Welcome!
Time to focus on you - we can do it!!!

Jen

meetzer
01-15-2012, 01:08 AM
Vickie, after reading your post, all I could think was 'wow'...what a strong lady you are! I am impressed!! You've inspired me to rethink my own attitude towards obstacles in my path and no longer let them get the best of me. Thank you for that, and I wish you all the best in your endeavors. Good Luck and God Bless :)

LW12
01-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Vickie, you have been through so much already and you're still keeping on a positive path. You're an example to us all. :) Welcome to the group. :)

Laura78
01-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Just got back from church. The topic at hand today was sex of all things - about how we are to please each other so there won't be temptation to stray. So it may be a busy week for me..... :lol:

LW12
01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Laura78 ~ Leave time for exercise! Oh no, wait, you'll have that covered! ;)

Kitten1966
01-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Hey tha'ts the best kind of exercise where everyone benefits and no Gym Fees or special clothing required :D

Laura78
01-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Morning Ladies....Happy Monday!!?? I got my TOM this morning and I feel miserable. And it also means DH has to wait another several days before we "work" at my pastor's sermon ;) I've been really good not to weigh myself in each day, but now with my wonderful womanly issues I'm wondering if that was better anyway, I have probably now gained a pound or two. I guess we'll see on Friday! I've stuck to my 1500 calories perfectly.

LOL@ LW and Sara. Yes, definitely some exercise involved there WHEN it happens. My libido has been in the dumps for quite some time mostly because of my weight. Hopeully that improves over the next little while.

How did everyone's weekends go?

Jbailey7780
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Hello all! My name is Jessica. I'm 31, single with 2 fur babies (dog and cat). I've struggled with weight my whole life yo-yo'ing from my lightest at 155- 5 years ago (after taking Adipex for a year) and my heaviest, now, at 260.

Well, I'm done! I made the decision last week to make a life change and not look for a quick fix (although the quicker the better lol). I'm ready to get on with my life! I know my weight is holding me back from doing all kinds of things and I'm sick of it!!

I've been counting calories and going to the gym for cardio 3-4 times a week. My goal is 1,000 Cal per day (I've heard differing opinions on reducing this low) - I'd like to see how it works after a few weeks and go from there. I've seen mention of "calorie cycling" - anyone have any experience with this?

Anyways- I would LOVE to be in this group. I need some accountability and support and would love to provide those things in return. Good luck to you all; looks like there's already been progress made!

meetzer
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Jbailey- It sounds like we're doing the same thing basically. I've been under 1000 cal/day for the last week and do cardio at the gym. I didn't really choose 1000 cal/day, it's just that I'm not hungry for more these days. My plan is to continue on for another 3 weeks and then re-evaluate and make changes then. I've changed my diet drastically to eating healthy low carb, low cal, high protein instead of my previous high carb, 'who-knows-how-many-cal' meals. I feel great. No lack of energy or other ill effects. In fact, I feel better than I have in a very long time. I too have heard differing opinions on going that low cal. but, I suppose everyone is different and what may work for some may not work well for others. For a short period of time, I think it's fine. Your body will tell you if it needs more than what you're giving it.

LW12
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome to our group Jbailey7780. :) You will find plenty of support here. We "weigh in" on a Friday, you're more than welcome to join in!

Laura78 - My weekend was ok. I had a few ups & downs with the diet but I'm still working out the kinks on the weekends. I'm hoping it won't make too much difference to the scales on Friday but I'm not going to dwell on it. Its done now.

I have decided that I need to begin running. I keep putting it off. I'm anxious that I won't be able to do it & will feel like a massive failure. I'm going to follow the 5 minute rule. You take 5 minute blocks, you run for a portion of that then you walk & so on & so forth for the duration of your run. As your fitness level goes up so should your running time. I'm aiming at 2/3 to begin with but time will tell.

stlrsgrl43
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Hello all, I think my weekend went good. I stayed around 1500 calories and 60 grams of fat a day. Still fighting cravings for sweets. I also got my TOM today (2 weeks early) WTF? I hope I do as well with weight loss this week as i did last week. I am starting the treadmill today. I bought a really nice one from a lady a couple months ago but haven't had a place to put it because of christmas decorations so now its up and ready, just hope I am. I just need to walk every day for a week and then it's smooth sailing.

Laura78
01-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Helloo all. Survived another workday - yay! I walked 2 miles but my calves are KILLING me from my last walk so I had to stop because they were tensing up. Those WATP DVDs are worse than they sound. Plus, I'm really out of shape, need to get back into it.

Because I have done the yo-yo dieting thing before, I feel like 1500 is a great number for me. I am going to play with it and see how it goes. 1000 is definitely not sustainable for me! Of course, if I'm not losing weight, then I'll re-adjust :)

Jamie - Good luck with the walking! I would LOVE an elliptical, but I want to trust myself that I'm committed before making a big purchase like that.

LW - Sounds like a great plan with the running. It sounds similar to couch-to-5k. I'm hoping by the summer I've lost enough weight to start running. I forget, what "plan" are you following, if any? Calorie counting?

Jessica - Welcome! I looking forward to losing weight together. I'm just curious where you got 1k calories from? All the calorie counting sites had me much higher. I like this one the best: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

begoodjen
01-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone and welcome Jessica! I had a pretty good weekend - went a little overboard Sunday but I normally do - that's why I like weighing in on Fridays, gives me time to 'correct' my mistakes :) Speaking of exercise, I PVR'd some "Bollyfit" episodes. It's Bollywood dancing made into an exercise show. I'm going to try it and see what happens. Looks like fun.

Jen

Laura78
01-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Jen - Ooooh, that Bollywood dancing sounds great! I'm really wanting to get a dance video of some type like Zumba, but that sounds intriguing as well. Do you only weigh yourself once a week? I'm trying really hard to stick to the once a week weigh-in so I don't drive myself crazy.

begoodjen
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Laura - Yes I generally only weigh myself once a week. When I first started losing I weighed myself EVERY DAY! It wasn't so bad though because I was losing a pound every couple of days which is usually what happens. When the losses started to slow down as I knew they would, I decided to stick with once a week so I don't drive myself crazy. It is hard though, even today I am tempted. :)

Jen

stlrsgrl43
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello Jewels

I am having a rough craving day, so I am trying to keep busy. Thought I would say hello to everyone. I did the treadmill last night, just 30 minutes but I will work up more every week. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Jbailey7780
01-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Good Morning Everyone! I'm alreay excited about being involved in "jewels" :)

Laura78-Thanks for the link! Great tool; I really came up with the 1,000 cal figure on my own. I've actually ended up doing calorie cycling a little bit as well. Not sure how effective this will be as I'm just ending my first week. I plan to weigh today but also would love to do the Friday weigh in with you guys!

LW12-Thanks for the welcome! Yes I'll definitely be doing the Friday weigh in! I'm too embarrased to tell my friends how much I weigh; It's nice to have a group of people I can be honest with.

Meetzer-Let me know how your progress goes and I'll do the same! I've heard so many differing opinions on "starvation mode" that I guess I'll just see for myself lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day

Jbailey7780
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
One more thing - When I walk on the treadmill my knees ache. Last night my left knee ached for several hours after I got home.

A while back when I was walking in my neighborhood I was having trouble with my knees; I though maybe it was the "terrain" because the sidewalks are uneven and that the treadmill would help since it's a smooth surface. I'm walking on an incline though, up to 5%. Could the incline be causing this?

I'm sure my weight has alot to do with it. I just don't want to do any irreversible damage.

Thoughts? Experiences?

LW12
01-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Laura78 ~ I'm calorie counting & exercising for the now. If that doesn't work, I'll obviously have to look at some other method. I feel that a lot of my weight issues come from over eating so I'm hoping that all I need to do is calorie count and be more aware of what I'm eating. Fingers crossed...

Jbailey7780 ~ You know yourself better than anyone else but 1000 calories does sound quite low. Do you think that you will be able to maintain it or have you a plan up your sleeve as you lose the weight?

I hope you are all having a good Tuesday! xx

stlrsgrl43
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Good evening everyone

I feel like I have eaten way too much today although my calorie counter says i ate 1423 calories, 40.28 of fat and 213 grams of carbs. I did walk on the treadmill and did alot of housework today and everything I ate was healthy or whole grain. I hope the cravings are not as bad tomm, today was rough. How is everyone else hanging in there?

Laura78
01-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Good morning all! Yesterday there were major layoffs at work but it seemed I survived yet again. It was certainly stressful but I didn't even eat my stress away, so that was a positive step :)

I really need to get a workout in today (like really, really - LOL). What I really need to find is a quick yet effective 20 minute or so workout video I could do. I can find 20 mins, I'm just finding it difficult to find an hour.

Jamie - 1423 cals sounds perfect, certainly not cheating. I'm working hard at staying right at 1500 just so I know if I need to adjust based on weightloss. I've heard it can take several weeks to figure out your "number" and also that you have to keep adjusting 5 cals or so per week as you are losing. Sorry your cravings are so rough. Do you find they are at a certain time of day? For me it is always once work is done, the kids are in bed and I plop own in exhaustion, my mind starts going. This week I left 100 cals per evening for a small snack and it seems to help.

Jessica - I have suffered knee pain my whole life. I have to be SUPER careful on my knees and can't do anything high impact until I'm much much lighter. Try to be gentle on your knees and keep your impact as minimal as possible. It's not something you want to mess up!

stlrsgrl43
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Laura, My RDI according to my calorie counter is 2100 calories but that seems high so i try to stay around 1500 and also watch carbs and fat intake as well which my calorie counter app on my phone automatically keeps up with.

LW12
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi girls. Trying day but I survived!! How are you all doing?

Laura78 ~ For a quick 20 minute work-out I do kettlebell exercises with an 8kg k'bell. I'll move up to a higher weight as I perfect the moves & become stronger. I went onto Youtube & looked up k'bell exercises. I then made up my own workout making sure it incorporated arms, legs & core. Its definitely worked, especially on my legs. Plus, its a cheap piece of kit to buy. I think Tesco is currently selling a 7.5kg k'bell for 13.

Jbailey7780
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I know our weigh in isn't until Friday but since I began last Wed, I went ahead & weighed this morning just out of curiosity and I lost 3 lbs. That's good right? (I'll still weigh on Friday and make that my new day).

I really need to stop watching "The Biggest Loser" because it's easy to get discouraged watching all that weight loss but I don't have time to make working out a full time job :) And I realize that's not realistic for the general public!

Laura-Agreed about the knees not being something you want to mess up. Thanks for sharing your experience. I might have to try alternating treadmill with bike.

cheering4u
01-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi! I'm Amber, I'm 18 years old, and I am squishy! when I was little I was always just on the edge between average and chubby, but I was always super into cheerleading, which held off the enevitable for six years. But my sophomore year it was too expensive, so I had to quit. Apparently you can't eat everything in sight and still expect it to be burned off during practice! So here I am, the proverbial teapot, and ever so ready for change. I have two seven day diets that i'm going to be alternating each week, which are big on fruits and vegetables, and suuuper strict about carbs. And bananas, for some reason. I'm starting them in February, and I hope to have lost thirty pounds by my nineteenth birthday, ideally.

Kitten1966
01-19-2012, 12:39 AM
OK everyone confession time... I totally ruined my diet today as I was surprised by ex coworkers into going out for Chinese smorgasbord for lunch ( my downfall sweet n sour chicken) Then we went out for drinks and my exercise kinda got forgotten....... so

Back on the bandwagon tomorrow and extra exercise... getting treadmill on Friday so that should help with the exercise part.
Will keep ya all posted.

Love this way of confession with support it really helps

Laura78
01-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning Ladies! I had another date with a half sleeve of saltines last night - LOL. I really need to get those out of here! I'm pretty sure I was still in my calories allottment as I was a bit low yesterday, so who knows. I don't know what I weigh this week, I'm hoping for a 1-2 pound loss though. In past I've always lost weight really fast doing a "fad" sort of thing, but this time I'm going to slow rote and hoping to keep it off for good. So don't expect hge numbers from me ;)

Sara - :hug: I'm glad you came here to confess instead of ending your diet! Just pick yourself up where you left off. We all slip up sometimes.

Amber - Welcome to our group!

Jessica - That's an amazing loss!

LW - Thanks for the tip. Did I mention that I really need to figure out how to motivate myself in the exercise department? LOL

Jamie - 1500 probably sounds about right. LIke I said I'm going to stay here for a week or two and then adjust if necessary. My lack of exercise is NOT helping my cause.

Jbailey7780
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Good Morning!

Laura-I feel the same way. I've always done some sort of crash/fad diet where I lose alot of weight. That's why 3 lbs didn't seem like alot to me. But I'm committed this time to do it right and say goodbye to those pounds forever!

Kitten-Isn't it great to be able to just spill it all without judgement; and get encouragement instead?

Welcome Amber-Good luck!

begoodjen
01-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Good Morning!

Jessica - congrats on a great loss! I totally hear you with the Biggest Loser. I am purposely not watching it for this reason. Sometimes it can be inspiring but I can`t stand people being disappointed when they lose like 5 or 6 pounds in a week! Like really. I also don`t agree with how hard they work them at first - seems dangerous to me.

Amber - welcome! :)

Kitten - thanks for confessing and your positive attitude is inspiring! The important thing is to not let it stop you.

Laura - I'm with you - don't be expecting any big losses from me either. I am happy with a pound a week!

Have a great day everyone and good luck tomorrow morning!

Jen :)

Kitten1966
01-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I actually felt so much better and when I woke up this morning first thing I did was set up the coffee and went for a brisk 45 min walk......... never knew confession was so good for a diet.

Just found out that I am gaining water weight as I am drinking too much water... input must be lower than output in order to lose water weight.

Jbailey7780
01-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Jen - It's actually disappointing about The Biggest Loser. I've always watched and loved it. But now that I'm really committed to losing weight and doing it right, I can't watch anymore. It's actualy un-motivating.

Laura78
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I still enjoy watching Biggest Loser - but I agree it can be a bit de-motivating.

I'm finding it SO HARD to exercise, I just can't believe it. I feel constantly tired. I wake up about 5:50am or so and get myself and kids ready for school and work. I get home about 5pm (which is right now) and dinner is usually about 5:30 or so. Then my DD has gymnastics. I feel exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. I just don't feel motivated to work out at 7:30 or 8pm, I'm just toast. Sigh....

LW12
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey! :) Hope you have all had a good day. I think I can chalk mine up as a success.

I can't watch The Biggest Loser because Jillian annoys me incredibly! I literally have the programme on for five minutes and have to turn away because I can feel Jillian beginning to get my heckles up. I don't know what it is about her. Bob, on the other hand..... ;)

I'm like you Laura78, I'm taking this journey slowly but surely because I'm hoping/planning to never have to do it again. I have stayed on track this week apart from the wee slip up at the weekend but I just have this feeling that the scales aren't going to show much of a change. Things just don't feel right. I can't explain it. If I have dropped even 1lb I will be deliriously happy/relieved.

I find it hard to get motivated to exercise too. I enjoy my power walking but when the weather is stormy like this I go through an internal argument with myself, trying to almost convince myself that it would be a better idea not to go! The silly thing is, I feel so much better when I have went. I'm a strange one. :)

stlrsgrl43
01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Good evening everyone

I have kept my goal to walk on the treadmill every day this week. I am so proud of myself. This eveing was hard tho, I talked myself out of walking but in the end, I knew i would feel better if i did so I walked almost 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I hope the scale is nice to me tomm, I am bloated. I hope everyone else had a good day.

LW12
01-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Weighed in this morning - 202.8lbs Disappointing but it's still a loss. How did you all do?

Laura78
01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning Everyone!

I'm down to 218 even which was a loss of 1.6. I'm happy!

Have a great day :)

LW12
01-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Snap Laura78. :)

stlrsgrl43
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Jewels

I weigh 227, thats a 3 pound loss so I am very happy.

KimG813
01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Morning Jewels!

Sorry I've been absent this week... I've been sick all week... AND I forgot to weigh this morning so I'll post my weight tomorrow morning.

But, I must pat myself on the back and say despite being sick and wanting comfort food, I stayed within my points... of course, yesterday was my first day back in the gym since last Friday.

Oh well, still riding this horse and hoping for the best!

Hope you all did well this week, about to read the threads and catch myself up!

begoodjen
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi everybody!
I am down a pound this week! yay! Congrats to all on your losses. I feel like this is really helping me to stay on track on be accountable.

Jen

Jbailey7780
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Good morning! I forgot to weigh so I'll have to do it when I get home.

*First, I can't wait until my 20 day probation is over. ;) I really want a ticker!

*Second, my friends and I are having girls night dinner tomorow night and we're going to a local place called Wine Country. It's a "fine dining" type place. I doubt there's any nutritional information available and of course there's not a "lite" section on the menu.

I see there's a pan seared chicken brest with broccolini and truffeled mac & cheese. Do I just eat what I want and enjoy it and not worry? How do you guys handle these types of situations?

I've done ok this week; average net calories (including exercise) is at 1,060 for Mon-Thurs. I blew it last weeend and don't want to get in the habit of blowing it every weekend.

Help :?:

Kitten1966
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Weigh in- 258 lbs loss of 1 lb... kinda disappointing, but hey a loss is a loss

stlrsgrl43
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
jbailey, If they have no nutritional information, I would opt for the healthiest looking salad with a fat free dressing. This way, you can still have a night out with the girls and not totally ruin your diet.

begoodjen
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Jessica - I want a ticker too!! Soon...

I looked up the menu for the restaurant you are going to. I would probably start with the hearts of palms and beets salad - a citrus vinagrette shouldn't be too bad on calories and as long as there's not too much goat cheese it should be pretty low. I agree that the pan seared chicken would probably be good but if it was me I would ask if I could sub either roasted asparagus or sauteed baby vegetables for the mac and cheese (unless you can take a couple of bites and then leave it :) ) I still eat out quite often but I try to stay closer to what I do at home (ie relatively healthy salad to start and lots of veggies). I would then eat about half the chicken and all the veggies (or less depending if you are full by now). I don't know if you are a wine drinker but I am. I try to nurse one glass all dinner and drink lots of water.

That's just what I would do :) Most importantly, have fun! This has to work for real life so a little planning and good choosing should get you through. :)

Jen

Jbailey7780
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
begoodjen - Thank you SO much for looking up the menu and giving your opinion!!! I'm not sure that I could leave mac & cheese so I'll probably sub for veggies. I do like wine but don't drink it very often. I'll probably do the same; sip on a glass & some water.

You're right-I have to make this work for every day. Not just the days when I have 100% control over what I eat :)

Thanks again

Laura78
01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Wow - you girls rock, that's awesome! And It's the weekend - wooo hooo :carrot: :carrot: Am I the only one who loves the weekend this much?? :)

Tomorrow afternoon hubby and kids are going to spend the afternoon skating on a pond and hanging out with friends. I'm looking forward to all the alone time so I can clean the house - yes! :D

Sara - That's an awesome loss. If I had been through the stress tha you just had I wouldn't have faired nearly so well - great job!

Jessica - I'm also dying for a ticker. I must be there soon....maybe a few days away?? Enjoy your dinner out. I agree that we have to figure out how to eat well in all situations. Try not to stress about it and enjoy the company rather than the food (but enjoy that too!).

Jen - Congrats on your loss! I also feel like I have some accountability weighing in to you girls.

Kim - Glad you feel better and that you kept yourself in line even while sick. I know that I'm such a sucky sick person and I love to use it as an excuse to eat my socks off.

Jamie - Amazing loss!

LW - Your loss is great too. You're almost in Onederland - I'm green with envy :p

KimG813
01-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning Jewels!

Got to rush off to my WW meeting, but I just had to share my excitement with you all. I forgot to weigh with you all yesterday so I weighed on my home scale this morning (which I use for our Friday weigh ins) and I am 225.4!! That's down 4.2 from last Friday!

I'm really going to do it this time... and you guys are playing an important role in this.

Congratulations on al your weight loss this week... let's keep it up for next week. And although I"m over the moon with my 4.2 weight loss, let's all remember that even .2 is .2 towards the goal... some weeks will be better than others... but we are all human and this is a process... even though it may have seemed like it came on overnight - it didn't... so it's not going to come off overnight either. I've read more than one of you say that you're going to take your time, let it come off slowly and that really is the key... let's be patient and kind to ourselves.

LOVE YA JEWELS!!

LW12
01-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Congratulations KimG813, and to everyone else this week also. I already feel like this group is helping me in my weight loss. Any time I get tempted I think to myself how I want to report a loss here each Friday. I hadn't realised I was so close to Onderland until Laura78 pointed it out. I want that so badly at this point.

Kitten1966
01-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Well Saturday morning.. started a little late this morning but I am up and already cleaned my house from top to bottom, had a little energy spurt so I decided to take advantage of it.... that musta burned some much needed calories :)
:carrot:

Going for a walk with friends today around a nature preserve as it is 73 degrees here today...

Will let you all know what progress tomorrow morning when I post back

Have a great day ladies

Laura78
01-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Ladies! I had a great day today.....did a 3 mile WATP DVD with toning exercises using a stretchie band. I also did all my meal planning for the week and grocery shopping and cleaning the house. I also managed to get a nap in. I am going to ask DH to bring the kids out every Saturday - LOL!

Sara - Got to love those energy bursts!

LW - This is your week - Onederland watch out!! :)

Kim - What an amazing loss - you go girl!

LW12
01-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Laura78 ~ I think its going to take me 2 weigh ins to get to Onederland but I'm going to try really hard this week. Its all you can do, right?

KimG813 ~ That's quite a loss. You lucky lucky thing! :)

How is everyone's Sunday going? Any plans?

begoodjen
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Jewels!

KimG813 - way to go!!

Sounds like everyone's having a busy, productive weekend. I think we might head to the flea market today - always a nice way to pass a Sunday. Tonight is my sisters birthday dinner. My dad is cooking so here comes the oil and cheese!! :) Luckily we eat there almost every Sunday anyway so I just have little portions of everything and I seem to be fine. It's a really good exercise in portion control!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jen

Kitten1966
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Ah Sunday... the day of football and snacks all day.... most of the time its cheese salsa n chips with chicken wings n meatballs.... but today I am adding carrot sticks, broccoli florets, cauliflower,celery and low fat dressing to the offerings...... might still have some chip n dip but.... most of the plate gonna be veggies :)

Laura78
01-22-2012, 08:55 PM
We had an "interesting" day today. I saw my daughter scratching and it turns out she has lice!!! EWWWWW. I spent 4 hours combing through her hair. Despite that stress I still fit in a workout, so not too bad. But not a fun day!

I hope everyone did OK with their snacking today! I was wondering if anyone was interested in posting what they ate in a day? It would help for accountability and also give us ideas of things to eat! Here is my day:

Breakfast: Coffee w/ Creamer (70 cal), 1 whole wheat thin bagel (100), an egg + an egg white (90), 1/2 tsp butter (17) and an apple (95).

Snack: Missed as I was pulling lice out! LOL

Lunch: Two pieces stonemill bread (140), 1/2 can tuna w/ 1/2 tablespoon of light mayo (75), and a large banana (121)

Snack: A brownie I made from a recipe I found made from ground almonds, so good! (157)

Dinner: BBQ chicken breast (150) w/ 1/2 avocado on top (125), 1/2 cup sweet potatoes (75) and a bunch of broccoli (15).

Snack: Crunchy veggie sticks (130 cals).

My total for the day was under at 1385 calories, but my fat was way too high at 48g (mostly because of the avocado and the brownie - but both were good fats).

begoodjen
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey Laura
I found the same recipe for the brownies - I bought the ground almonds but haven't tried them yet. Glad to hear they are good! Posting our meals is a good idea - I don't know if I will get to it every day but I will try. I will start tomorrow as today was a bit of a write-off :)

Jen

Laura78
01-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Morning All! Off to work I go...just sipping my moringing Java. I hope everyone has a great week. :)

Jen - Yes, the recipe was husband and kid approved - so wonderful! The only thing was that the ground almonds were killer expensive. It's OK for a once in a while treat I guess. I couldn't get over how healthy the recipe is. All the fat comes from the almonds - so it is all good fat! So healthy :)

Jbailey7780
01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Well the girls night dinner went great and I didn't feel too bad about it :)

For an appetizer the 4 of us split a small portion of shrimp and grits. It was very small (we just wanted a taste bc we had heard it was really good). So I had a shrimp, a slice of sausage and about 2 Tbsp of grits in some wonderfully awful sauce.

For an entree my friend & I split the Pan Seared Chicken with Truffled Mac & Cheese and Broccolini. It worked out bc I was able to have some of the Truffled Mac and not eat the whole bowl!!

Then the two of us split the Creme Brulee. Which wasn't a bad choice considering the other desserts on the menu....

So I have NO idea how many calories that was but I'm not that concerned because I had a great time and ate in moderation.

Oh and one glass of Reisling :)

stlrsgrl43
01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Laura, I would like a copy of that recipe, maybe you could post it or send it to me later.

KimG813
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Ok so... A COWORKER BROUGHT IN CARROT CAKE!!!!!!!! Now, this may not mean anything to you all but... I LOVE CARROT CAKE! I know that I'm allowed to indulge here and there... but I'm not yet at a stage where I want to start indulging... maybe when I make it to Onederland...

What makes it worse is that I've been doing so well and I have to go on a business trip tomorrow... which means losing a lot of control. Now, by no means am I saying that I'm not going to work out or eat as healthy as I can... I just don't have control over how the restaurants cook. As a friend pointed out to me... the same tilapia that I steam at home as a healthy dinner... will now be cooked in butter ... but hey, I'm going to do the best I can... still hoping for a weightloss on Saturday. I'll have to post my weekly weigh in again on Saturday this week as I won't get home til Friday night.

I can do this... it's salad and fish all week... and an hour of cardio every day... Saturday and Sunday cardio hour already complete... meeting with trainer tonight and Tues-Thursday and hour of cardio at the hotel... Friday I'll try to get in another hour... depending on how late I get in.

Good luck to you all this week... PRAY FOR ME!!!

KimG813
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh and.... I'd like a copy of the brownie recipe too!! Might keep me from being so upset about the carrot cake...

BTW... a great cake recipe I tried... take any cake mix (I used white) and add to it ONLY one can of diet soda (I used diet 7up). Mix and bake as usual (I suggest baking a little bit longer than the box recommends). To be clear, DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE (no egg, no oil, nothing).

I know it sounds strange but it is GREAT (IMO)!!! Tastes like a mix between cake and cheesecake. I love it! Topped it with fat free cool whip... it was suggested to add some berries but I didn't see a need, saving that for when I want something different.

Also... I bought a Yonana this weekend. I'd never heard of it before but it's like an ice cream maker. It says ice cream but I'd say it's closer to sherbert or sorbet... anyways... you put frozen fruit into the shute and out comes deliciousness! It really is a nice way to get in some extra servings of fruit - and it's a tasty treat! I count points... and fruit is 0 points so it's great for me!

stlrsgrl43
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
KimG, I was looking up the yonanas machine you mentioned and it does look interesting. How many different fruit variations have you tried so far? Do you add anything to it besides fruit, like juice?

Laura78
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Hello Jewels!

Kim - That recipe you posted sounds interesting as well. Hmmmm, I should give that a shot. Do you think it works with diet coke? Good luck with the business trip! It sounds like you have a game plan and you can only do what you can do. Don't stress about it too much.

Jessica - You did great at the restaurant. I have high tea this Saturday with my sisters and Mom and I LOVE high tea including the yummy sandwiches and the clotted cream and biscuits. Sigh.....I need to really not overdo it. You have inspired me :)

And here is the recipe:

Light Decadent Brownies

2.5 cups icing sugar
1 100g pakgs of ground almonds (about 2 cups)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Fry's
1/8 tsp salt
4 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven t 350F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square panwith parchment, letting it hang over the sides of the pan.

Whisk sugar with almonds, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Batter will be thick. Scrape into prepared pan. Smooth top.

Bake in centre of oven until top of brownie is shiny and crispy and a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 mins. Run a knife around sides of the pan. Use parchment to lift brownie out and let cool completely on a rack.

Cut into 16 squares.

Per brownie: 157cals, 4g protein, 23g carbs, 7g fat, 3g fibre, 32mg sodium.

KimG813
01-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Morning Ladies!
Off to D.C. today... bleh... so, salads here I come (have I mentioned that I hate eating salads as meals???)

stlrsgrl43 - so far I've only had strawberry banana and a strawberry, peach, pineapple mix (which I loved). Don't add juice, just frozen things... the book has some other recipes (not all "diet" friendly). But, it's really delicious... my "never needed a diet in her life" sister in law comes running anytime she hears me start it up.

Laura78 - the person who gave me the cake recipe said ANY diet soda... but I would think lighter soda for lighter cake and darker for darker (i.e. diet coke and chocolate cake) but I don't know...

I'm taking my iPad with me so I should be in touch this week... but if not... have a great week all!

begoodjen
01-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone!
I am happy to say that after a couple of days of not so good choices I am back in the saddle! I didn't go crazy but I know I ate too much and didn't have enough veggies and water. If I don't gain this week that will make me happy. I tried some Bollyfit today that I PVR'd and it was super fun! I had a big smile on my face for half an hour, partly because it was fun and partly laughing at myself trying to learn the moves. :) My favourite part is it is done barefoot. I hate socks and shoes and the whole routine of "its time to work out go put the socks and running shoes on". Hope everyone had a great day. I will be trying the brownies or the cake mix recipe next week when I have my TOM and need some chocolate!!

Jen :)

stlrsgrl43
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
OK, I have a question. Should my calorie intake stay the same, even when I exercise or should I eat more calories to balance out what i am burning off? I am currently eating 1500 calories or less but walking on the treadmill everyday. I am considering joining a gym but want to wait until my energy level gets a little better.

Laura78
01-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi Ladies! Well, I almost made it three weeks and that seems to be a magical number - don't they say 3 weeks makes a habit? I feel like I really am in for the long haul here!!! Let's do this! :)

Jen - Glad you're back in the saddle! Is that you in your avatar? You are so pretty! What's in your hand?

Jamie - I think it can go either way....do whatever feels right to you. I see the question is asked alot on 3FC, and the answers seem to go both ways and neither way is wrong.

stlrsgrl43
01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks Laura, just wasn't sure, I feel good staying at my 1500 and exercising so I will stick with that for as long as it works

LW12
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Having a rough/emotional week. Work is proving to be incredibly stressful. I have a close family member in hospital (:() but I'm still trying to stay on track. Not very hopeful for Friday's weigh in but as long as I don't gain I will satisfy myself with that. Onderland is maybe a bit further off than I had anticipated. Grr!

stlrsgrl43
01-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Good evening everyone, so i have been waking up lateley in the middle of the night sweating and shaking and could not figure out the problem until i started checking my sugar levels and they have been very low(below 70) even after i eat sometimes. I am taking pills for diabetes(not on insulin yet) I wonder if I should stop taking one of my night time pills due to the way I am eating. Is anyone else having a similar problem??

Laura78
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Ladies! Is it Friday yet?

LW - Sorry you've had a rough week :hug:

Jamie - I don't have that issue so I'm not sure. Do you ever have trouble getting to 1500 cals? Sometimes I feel like I'm done and yet I still need to eat a couple hundred more calories.

stlrsgrl43
01-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Laura, No, I eat pretty close to 1500 everday, I am gonna eat dinner a little later tonight and a snack before i go to bed. I take 2 different pills before bed for my sugar so i am gonna nix one of those tonight and c how that works. It sure would b nice to get off some of these pills after I lose this wieght.

begoodjen
01-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Everyone!
LW - sorry about your bad week :(
Laura - yes that is me and thanks! they are scratch tickets in my hand. I got a huge stack of them for my birthday and would you believe I didn't win so much as a dollar! No wonder I don't buy them. :)

I have a question for the group - Does anyone have a significant other that also needs to lose weight, and if so are they doing this with you. If not, do you say anything. I have been married for 5 years and although I didn`t gain any weight during my marriage, my husband gained at least 40 pounds in that time and I am getting quite concerned for his health. He has already been making the ``when you get skinny you`re going to leave me for someone hotter`` jokes and I genuinely love him no matter what size but he can`t continue to gain weight like this! Any advice :)

Laura78
01-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Ugh - I did what I said I wouldn't do yesterday and weighed myself. I was happy with the weight, but then this morning I tortured myself further by weighing again and I gained a pound from yesterday. UGH!

I must stick to a once a week weigh-in so I don't drive myself insane like that!

begoodjen
01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Laura - I did the exact same thing and I am about to go do it again! I know I had a not-so-good couple of days and I wanted to see how it affected me. The problem was I did it at the end of the day after dinner which I don't like to do. I had been doing so well with sticking to once a week! Oh well. I only "count" Fridays weight so we will see...

LW12
01-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Laura78 - I weighed myself tonight (why did I do that?! Its one of my biggest rules to only weigh on "weigh day"!) I also look like I've gained but won't know until tomorrow.
This week I have been struggling. I try to eat 1200-1500 calories daily. I looked back over my food book this week. I have been noting everything I eat but haven't been counting as I went along because of everything else that has been going on. Most days I have eaten 800-900 calories. I know its not the right way to go, I just lost track. Its been a silly silly week.
Nearly the weekend girls! :D

Laura78
01-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Morning ladies. I am down 1.2 pounds this week. I *guess* I will have to e happy with that. But I was 2.2 lbs down just a few days ago...sigh. Oh well, onward and upward :) Oh, I guess I should say onward and downward - LOL.

Can anyone have a signature yet? I thought for sure today was my 20 days but I still can't see the signature option!

stlrsgrl43
01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone, I am down 3 pounds so I am pleased. I dont't think I get a signature till around the 30th. Have a good day everyone.

Jbailey7780
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm down 1.5 lbs. Kinda disappointed but at least it's a loss right? I didn't do too well this week though. Only "worked out" once because I had something to do after work every single day.

I also had a visit to El Chico. I did ok not the best I could have done. Just a little disappointed :(

I guess I figure with my size it should be coming off quicker.

begoodjen
01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Congrats everyone on your losses! A loss is a loss :)

I am the same as last week (258) which does not surprise me. Extra motivation to be better this week I guess.

Jen

LW12
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi girls. :) I forgot to weigh in this morning. Grr! I thought about weighing in tomorrow morning but I think I will leave it until next Friday now. Congrats to you all on your losses & staying the same. :)

LW12
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh, I almost forgot! I downloaded the C25K free app & decided this afternoon that I would attempt the first day of it. Remember, I have never ran before! It consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk then 6 sets of 1 minute running/1.5 minutes walking then a 5 minute cool down walk. I did it! :D I'll use the free app a few more times to make sure I can do it then I'll probably pay for the full app. Its a small feat but I feel pretty proud of myself right now.

Laura78
01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Great job ladies!!

LW - I did the C2K program before and I LOVED it! I had to stop because of knee injury, but can't wait to start again when I'm lighter. That is amazing that you started it!! I downloaded these files to my ipod and it really helped: http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm

Tomorrow I have my first major social outing that involves food. I am going for high tea for my little sister's birthday (she's 18 - and yes, we are very far apart in age). I'm hoping to just have small portions and have set aside 700 cals for the meal. Hopefully I don't blow it!

Laura78
01-27-2012, 08:12 PM
I got a signature - yay!

ETA: My little yellow girl has a looooong walk to goal weight! LOL :)

begoodjen
01-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Me too!! Came to show it off...

LW12
01-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Where did you girls get your ticker? I want!

EDIT: Don't worry, I figured it out. :)

LW12
01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Laura78 - How did high tea go? I hope you enjoyed it. :) What do those podcasts involve? Are they more motivating than the actual app?
I did the second part of the C25K free app this morning. It was basically the same as before, just a wee bit longer. 5 minute warm up walk. 8 sets of 1 minute running, 1 minute walking. 5 minute cool down walk. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it but I'm so so glad that I'm beginning to do something that has scared me for so long.

stlrsgrl43
01-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone, I should get my ticker on Monday, I hope so. I have a rough couple days coming up. My brother is coming in from the poconos tomm and we are all going to red lobster, which won't be too bad because they have a lighthouse menu but My son is turning 16 on Monday and he wants to go to Golden Corral, A buffet of all things but I figure I will stack my plate with alot of veggies from the salad bar and fresh fruit. Wish me luck. I will have to walk on the treadmill twice as long just so I know i have offset any extra calories.

Kitten1966
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
OK Ladies sorry I have not posted but for now I am going to be on limited comp time as my laptop decided to go to the great electronic graveyard in the sky. So I am relegated to the local library for now as I cannot seem to get the postings onto my phone.

Weight as of Friday 1/27/2012 is 161.56

Kinda happy no gain but no loss either and I seem to be really bloated the last few days, I think I am retaining water.

Any suggestions as a way to eliminate I have very little salt in my diet to begin with so?????

Laura78
01-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Ladies!

High Tea went pretty good yesterday....it was yummy and I behaved. I had 2 smoked salmon & cream cheese finger sandwiches, a scone with a bit of butter, and one small lemon tart, and lots of tea with milk. We had a lot of fun and I can't believe my baby sister isn't a baby anymore!

I also did a 3 mile WATP DVD which included some toning with a waist band stretching thing.

Sara - Good job with the maitenance this week. The only thing I know helps with the sodium is to drink tons of water. But I know I have alot of sodium in my diet (from the Lean Cuisines) so I'm not a good person to give advice about that ;)

Jamie - Oooooh, that's tough - Red Lobster and Golden Coral in the same few days? Just make sure you go with a game plan and stick to it. Just remember that a moment of pleasure isn't worth it. I've been to Golden Coral a few times in Orlando, it's yummy, but I also know they have a killer salad bar!

LW - The podcasts are just music with beeping sounds when you are to start walking/running. I don't have a smartphone, so can't do apps, so that's what I used. Unless I can run with a Playbook? LOL

Hmmm, it seems we lost alot of people!

LW12
01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah, it has quietened down a lot over the last few days. I'm hoping its just a lull and life has maybe caught up with a few people. If not, well at least we have each other. Lord, that sounded cheesy but you know what I mean!

Laura78
01-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes, I know what you mean! Let's do it! :)

So, DH said to me he thought I was 5'7 and I was pretty sure I was 5'6. Anyway, he measured me and sure enough I am 67 inches. So, I gained an inch - yay me! It brings my BMI down :)

stlrsgrl43
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Well everyone, I think lunch at red lobster went well. As much as I was tempted, I did not have a garlic cheese roll, no appetizer of dessert. I have the scallops, and chicken with asparagus and salad with fat free dressing. I only ate half and saved the other half for dinner, which makes my total calorie count for the day920 calories and 22 grams of fat but I will still need to add a couple snacks in there. All in all I am pretty happy with myself.

LW12
01-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Well done stlrsgrl43! :) That's pretty great, good on you.

Laura78
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome Jamie!!! :)

mmmmm, scallops....

Kitten1966
01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
well I will be glad when I get my ticker , but I think it might be a while yet as I cannot post as often as others but I have a Paper that I write my totals down on so I just post on Fridays here..... Hope everyone's night goes well and will try and keep you posted at least every other day.

begoodjen
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Girls
I see we are getting some more tickers/signatures...awesome!!
Laura - congrats on gaining an inch! :)
Jamie - way to go girl! I would not have been able to resist the garlic bread!

Here's to a great week and seeing a loss on Friday!

Jen

Laura78
01-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Morning everyone and happy Monday! :) Only 4 more days to weigh-in.

stlrsgrl43
01-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning jewels, I am on my way to try out a gym a couple miles from me and see if I like it or not. It;s one of those fitness 19 gyms. They are suppose to be simple without all the perks you really don't need but it's only 18$ a month. Today is Golden Corral day for my sons bday, I have a game plan and will stick to it. Is anyone else having problems with low or no energy? Any ideas on that?

Jbailey7780
01-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Laura-Sounds like High Tea went great. And congrats on the inch :) I should measure my height. I always say 5'8" but haven't been properly measured in years!!

stlrsgrl43-Great job at Red Lobster. I honestly don't think I could have resisted the garlic cheesy goodness...I mean rolls lol.

I had a TERRIBLE Sunday. My friends wanted to go to Carabbas for lunch. I should have put my foot down but I just went with it.

I had the Chicken Gratta (I think that's what it's called), in the "small portion". Basically a small grilled chicken breast. I subbed the cheesy garlic mashed potatoes for some angel hair pasta with lemon butter sauce. I'm sure that wasn't a great choice. I ate about 3/4 of it and a few pieces of bread :?:

Then for dinner was TGI Fridays. I had half a turkey burger with half of a side of sweet potato fries. And.....split the vanilla bean cheesecake with my roomie. I was in that whole "well I already blew it so i may as well do it big" mindset...which is VERY dangerous.

I ended up with around 2500 calories roughly :o. The crazy thing is that the dish I would normally get at Carabbas is 1700 cals!!! For one meal. And my fave at TGIF is 1300 Although I totally blew the whole day, I can only imagine how bad it would have been had I just eaten whatever the heck I wanted. Keeping a food diary (myfitnesspal) has really kept me in check with what goes in my mouth.

Sorry for the novel :D

Today's day 19. I want my ticker!!!!!

stlrsgrl43
01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
OK Jewels, so the gym went good, I walked on the treadmill and used the machines. I decided to join and i bought 20 sessions with a personal trainer. The guy who did my membership was talking bout a 12 week plan to build my muscles and my metabolism. He said while I am doing the workout they suggest, I should b eating between 200 and 2500 calories or my body will begin to store calories for energy and we don't want to store calories. Does this sound right to you guys, sounds like alot of calories to me.

stlrsgrl43
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
*** thats between 2000 and 2500calories, sorry

LW12
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
stlrsgrl43 - I've heard about the body storing calories/fat if you eat under your calories. Since he's given you 2000-2500 I would trying sticking closer to 2000. I was always told that if you're going to eat more calories, you need to burn more calories so I had to stick with the gym. Is the personal trainer cute? ;) I always hated signing up for a PT & then seeing a cutie walking towards me introducing himself as my PT. Who wants that? ;)

I had a much more successful weekend this time around. The last few weekends have been a struggle for me but this one felt like I got it right for the most part. The diet was ok & I done that C25K thing. Thinking about going running on Friday afternoon & just trying to see how far I can jog without walking.

Jbailey7780 - The ticker is definitely a wee bit of added motivation. :)

Have a good week ladies! :)

stlrsgrl43
01-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Lw12, I haven't met the trainer yet, going at 9am, we will c, he asked me if i wanted male or female, I said that I really didn't care, doesn't matter the person same result i hope.

stlrsgrl43
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Hello jewels, I finally got my ticker, yay. So Golden Corral went well, I had veggies, grilled chicken and a salad. I think I went over on my calories but i feel pretty good with myself or not eating bread, steak, or dessert.

Laura78
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Helllloooo ladies. Just finished up my dinner of salmon & broccolli with a brownie for dessert. Diet, what diet?? ;) I love calorie counting. I know my weight loss is slooooow, but at least it's happening.

I have a busy week this week with the kids activities and such, but I'm going to try to fit in a workout tomorrow night and Friday and Saturday. I worked out yesterday, so 4 days in the week is hopefully enough.

Jamie - Great job at Golden Coral! I'm impressed that you ate out twice and did so amazing! Yes, 2000 cals does seem about right if you are doing intense exercise. Why don't you give it a try for a couple weeks and see what happens? 2500 definitely seems too high to me though. I wonder how many calories the people on the biggest loser eat? I'm thinking of joinin a gym as well, I may make it my Onederland goal "reward".

LW - Glad that things are going better for you! Is this the Onederland week???

Jessica - You know, you said you blew it, but reading your post made me think you really have things under control. "Blowing it" to me would mean just mindlessly eatingand not worrying about calorie counts. It seems you still counted your calories and kept yourself in check - what a huge accomplishment! 2500 calories is definitely not that bad, not even enough to gain any weight. And who knows, maybe your body will appreciate the extra calories and let go some extra weight this week?

Kitten1966
01-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Had a good day... lunch was a 6 inch 360 calorie subway sandwich... I actually could get used to the "Jared" diet lol.. makes a great alternative when you are out and about all day long.
Tells me I need 13 more posts to get my ticker so it will be next week before I get mine..... Have a great nite ladies
:hug:

stlrsgrl43
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning jewels, I am leaving to go meet my PT at the gym, wish me luck. Hope everyone has a good, positive day.

KimG813
01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Ladies!! I'm back!!

During the trip, I wasn't able to stick to the goals I set for myself... but we walked everyday to our class and around the Pentagon so I was still able to lose 1.4 pounds... I'm very pleased because after some of the things I ate - I was just hoping to not GAIN any weight.

And... I got my ticker!!

Jbailey7780
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Laura78 - I'm so hard on myself because I'm ready to see more results....but I think you're right. For some reason my scales have slid 3 lbs since Friday! (I'm trying not to be a habitual weigh-er but it's so hard :D )

stlrsgrl43
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
LW12, you were right, my PT is a cutie, but i like him. He is going to school for physical therapy so he is taking alot of classes on the body and stuff, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Today was just a run through (free session), I start my real workouts on Monday. I feel really good about this and I decided I am not going to freak out about the scale so much as long as I see results on my body because like he said, I am going to e building muscle and losing fat which may take a while to even out on the scale. I bought a tape measure and am going to measure myself this week as soon as i have someone to help me. I have 3 sons and i would rather measure without clothes, LOL. Is anyone else measuring as well as weighing???

Jbailey7780
01-31-2012, 01:09 PM
stlrsgrl43-The female PT at my gym told me she'd help me measure. When I first joined the gym (before Thanksgiving) she measured me and did the fat clamp thing on me which was mortifying. I haven't measured since then, although I think it is good to see inches as well as pounds.

Is there a female PT at your gym?

Jbailey7780
01-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh and by the way...today's my 20th day. Where's my ticker?! I wonder if it comes on the 21st day. Any advice? Yes I know...I'm impatient lol :dizzy:

Kitten1966
01-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Check and see how many posting you have... must be over 20 days and 25 postings before you get ticker....Mine will be a while and I am over 20 days.... but today I am buying a new scale becasue the one I have depends on which foot you step onto it with gives you different readings... looked today ( I know not suppoed to) told me one weight then step on again with other foot first and the scale read 10 lbs more ( REALLY SCARED NOW) so off I go to wallyworld..

LW12
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Jbailey7780 - Happy birthday sweetie! I hope you have a fantastic day, however you spend it. :)

I am going to start measuring myself monthly also, around the bust, belly button and backside. That way, if the scales aren't getting me as excited as I want to be, then maybe the measurements will show me that my body shape is changing. It can't hurt to try. :)

stlrsgrl43 - They always are cuties. ;)

stlrsgrl43
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Jbailey, yes there r female pt but i will just wait and have my husband help me, he will be home thur night. I didn't get my ticker till the evening of my 20th day, it must depend on what time of day you start. Look again tonight.

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Good morning jewels, off to the gym I go. Jbailey, did u get your ticker yet?

Jbailey7780
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Good Morning!

stlrsgrl43-No ticker yet. Assuming I'm looking in the right place - In user CP

Kitten1966
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
bailey.. you need 25 posts before it will give you a ticker url.. if you click on number of replies at the beginning of this thread it will list how many posts you have and how many more to go

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Jbailey, you have to go to quick links and sig weight tracker and click on it to create one

Jbailey7780
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I still don't see the option to "Edit Signature". Shouldn't that be in the User CP? Maybe it's just not meant to be :)

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I had to go and create one first and then under quick links is edit signature. After u create a ticker, they give u a link to copy and paste in ur signature
Try it and c if it works

Jbailey7780
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't have the option to "Edit Signature" in my User CP or in Quick Links. Oh well, I guess it will appear one day :)

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Jbailey, i looked at your profile, you didn't become a member til the 12, so tomm wil be your 20th day, try tomm evening.

LW12
02-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Not a great day in work today. Grr! Although, my body must be starting to change because after an awful day I'm not coming home wanting to raid the cupboard/fridge! :) Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of good things as far as my diet is concerned. Please let this be Onderland week!! :)

Jbailey7780
02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol...maybe I counted wrong :o It'll come eventually

Kitten1966
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
OK finally got my ticker... got my scale... got a new mini goal.....
14 days til Valentines gonna try for the next 2 weeks to
1) no soda .. only water
2)no salty snacks

Jbailey7780
02-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Finally! My signature :)

Congrats on your ticker Kitten! It feels like an accomplishment. Good luck with your mini-goal!

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Congrats to both of you on your tickers. It's such a small thing but I find it motivating.

Laura78
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Everyone! I have been feeling down the last few days. I guess in past I have done low carb and other fad-type diets and my weight has dropped significantly faster. I have also had more time and energy in past to workout. Now it seems like my weight is going down killer slowly.....but I have to be OK with that, don't I? The only other option is to go on a strict diet which is not an option for me.

Anyone else feel the blahs?

Glad to see more tickers!

stlrsgrl43
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Laura, I have those blah days as well but I just struggle through and start positive with a new day tomm. I have been feeling really good lately though, I think its because i have been exercising. I have picked out an outfit that i would like to be able to get into by summer. (i'm going to the beach or my birthday in july so that day is kind of a motivation. I am a pittsburgh steelers fan and there are alot of steelers womens clothes I cannot fit into so I picked out a few things I would like ot be able to wear when I go to the beach and am sooo excited about getting there. What are you most looking forward to, rewards, ect?

begoodjen
02-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Yay tickers!

Laura - I was like that last week and seemed to have snapped out of it. The thing that usually works for me is getting more fresh air and getting in nature somewhere. A walk down by the lake or in the fresh snow. Don't worry, it'll pass :) I know it is hard not to see the weight flying off, but I like to think if I do it slow it will stick better!

Jen

Kitten1966
02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Mini goals seems to be working for me......so far been real good.. no soda and no salty snacks..
finding it hard not to step on scales every day though.... but Friday is only one day away so i think I can hold off...

Going for a walk helps me focus and not feel so blah as well...not sure if it is the fresh air or just getting away from everything but it does help.

LW12
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Laura78 - I've got the "blahs" as well. I stupidly stepped on the scales tonight because I wanted to see if I could gauge how much I stood to lose tomorrow morning. Silly silly reason I know! The scales show that I've stayed the same even though I've been working my tail off. If the scale reads the same in the morning I'll be thoroughly demotivated.

LW12
02-03-2012, 04:37 AM
202.8lbs. The exact same! Argghhh! :(

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2012, 07:18 AM
221 even, down 3 pounds, I am very pleased.

LW12
02-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Well done hun! :)

Laura78
02-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Morning ladies....I was pleasantly surprised with a 2lb loss this week. I'm in shock!

Jamie - Awesome loss!

LW - Sorry you didn't show a loss. Have you thought of increasing your calories instead of decreasing? I averaged about 1500-1600 cals this week and had more success than the week before when I averaged 1400-1500.

LW12
02-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Laura78 - I have sat down & studied by CC book. It seems I was coming in around 1000-1100 calories most days. A few days were less than that again so I'm thinking my body started to store? Its the only thing I can think of because as I said, as far as exercising goes, I have been working my tail off. There's no way I can be plateauing already.

Laura78
02-03-2012, 07:44 AM
LW - I'm sure that's exacly what's happening. Just try one week of say 1400 to see what happens? I'm sticking to 1600 this week since it seemed to work. Very, very bizarre....

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

This week I started working only Mondays-Thursdays which means I have Fridays (and thus today!) off. I am planning on cleaning and exercising, and meal planning for next week. Tonight we have a Bingo Bowling party with the kids school that I'm looking forward to.

On the weekend I was thinking of bringing the kids to the new Whales movie with Drew Barrymore - but must skip the popcorn - sigh....

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I try to eat right at or under 1500 calories but I have found that going a little above that once or twice a week seems to work better for some reason. I think you have to mix it up so your body doesn't adapt.

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Awesome loss for u as well Laura

LW12
02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Well done to all you girls that lost this week! :D

begoodjen
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Down 1.2 this week! Very pleased after last week. Congrats on losses and no gains!

Jen

KimG813
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
2.4 pound weight loss for me this week.

LW12: I echo what everyone else is saying - increase your calories. I know when I lost weight previously, I was doing WW and sticking strictly to my points and a rigorous work out schedule - and wasn't losing any weight... I started increasing my intake by 4 points (~200 calories) and dropped 5 lbs almost instantly. It's worth giving it a try this next week.

KimG813
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh and... in other news... as some of you may remember, my husband is in Korea for the next 10 months...

Anyways, we were talking this morning and due to the liklihood of him deploying after 6 months of coming home - he thought it might be a good idea for us to "make" our first child when we meet up for a vacation in June! So... now the rush is on for me to lose as much weight as possible before getting pregnant... of course, there is no way I'll be at goal by then... but I'm determined to still stay dedicated to weight loss even if/when pregnant... it will just come off slower I guess... and then after I give birth... I'll get rid of whatevers left.

Very scared!!!

LW12
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Don't be scared! Just eat healthily through your pregnancy & you might be very surprised to see where you're at when the bambino is born! :)

LW12
02-03-2012, 10:05 AM
& I hear what you're all saying, it makes sense. I'm just really scared to up my calorie intake now & then find that I've put on weight next Friday.

Kitten1966
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Popcorn is still OK... it's the loads of butter and salt thats bad... if you can handle it... have popcorn with a sprinkle of pasta cheese topping... gives it flavor without the fat.

To scared to weigh myself this morning but I will after I have my shower in about an hour......
So glad to have a laptop back again with internet....

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey Kim, we are at the same weight!

Jbailey7780
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
2.5 lbs down, to 251! I'm ok with that! A little disappointed because I did see the scales tip down to 249 earlier this week, but I just overall did not do that well this week with diet or exercise. So I will take 2.5 with a smle! :D

Kitten1966
02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
OK I did it... I stepped on the scale...... still says 261 lbs........ I dunno what todo now.... getting frustrated now.

begoodjen
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
It really sucks when the scale won't budge. Happened to me last week. All we can do is keep pressing on. As slow as my losses may be, I will not give up. The way I look at it is, even if I never lose another pound, I can at least maintain the weight I have already lost. Of course my goal is to lose more but I will never put back on what I have already lost, and that is exactly what will happen if I give up!
LW - I totally understand your fear. I think it is worth trying to up your calories for a week. :) The worst case you`re not going to gain 8 lbs in a week eating 1400 calories or so.

Does anyone else feel they are obsessed with this journey. I feel like all I think about is food and exercise and the scale. Good and bad I guess.

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I feel the same way jen, always thinking about what i have eaten and what i am going to eat and when to go to the gym, how many calories have i burned but I am thinking of it in a positive way. I am going to the beach this summer for my birthday and I think of what I am going to look like.

LW12
02-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Jen, over the Christmas period I was so geared up for 2012. I was more determined than ever that this would be the year that I would reach my goal weight. It wasn't a false motivation, it really felt different, I felt different. At the moment I'm on a downer because of no loss in a fortnight BUT I lost 8lbs in January & I'm trying not to forget that. I will give upping the calorie intake a go this week and hope against hope for movement on the scales (in the right direction! :)) I love this forum for having somewhere to go & just talk about it all, or just talk about mundane things. Its great!

KimG813
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
stlrsgrl... we are the same weight... and had very similar starting points... and the exact same goal... except you're taller...

oh well :)

Laura78
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I am extremely obsessed with logging food, thinking about food, counting calories, checking labels, etc. What I NEED to get obsessed about is exercising! :)

Jessica - Wonderful loss!

LW12
02-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Have any of you seen the thread for butternut squash "fries"? Lordy!

stlrsgrl43
02-04-2012, 09:33 AM
LW12, I just checked that out and it looks so good, I am def going to try it. I am sooootired today for some reason but I am going to force myself to the gym. Maybe it will make me feel better.

Laura78
02-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Morning Ladies! So the movie last night was great - Big Miracle - kids loved it. I love family movies :)

I ended up popping two bags of SmartPop popcorn (100 cals each), spraying butter flavored Pam (16 cals) and 4 tsp of white cheddar (60 cals) for a total of 276 cals. I saved up my morning snack and voila - I got popcorn on my diet :corn: It didn't even bother me that the rest of the family was eating "real" movie popcorn.

I also joined Pinterest and starting searching on healthy recipes and found an AMAZING blog with low cal foods (she even counts calories and WW points for those on WW). Here it is: http://www.skinnytaste.com/ I can't wait to cook some of these dishes.

What I'm eventually hoping for is that I can eat WITH the family everyday. Right now we eat together on chicken and fish nights, but there are still nights where they have tacos and I have salad or they have pasta and I have (more) chicken.

Anyway....that was alot of rambling!

Jamie - Did you get to the gym? I can't believe how HORRIBLE I've been about working out this time....usually I'm a workout/gym rat. My life is just so different now I guess. Did I mention my Onederland goal is a gym membership?? Maybe I should do that sooner rather than later though...

LW - I have not read that thread - but I shall go and check it out now! I have a butternut squash w/ Jalapeno soup on my list of "want to trys", the fries sound good too!

Good luck with your Superbowl eating today!

stlrsgrl43
02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes I did make it to the gym and I felt so much better afterwards except my nephew locked my keys in my vehicle, lol.I was going to take today off from the gym but I think I will go and get my cardio in, we r ordering pizza for the game tonight so I better. Pizza hut has a fit & delicious pizza thats only 150 calories a slice, 4 grams of fat and 24 grams of carbs so I am going to save calories for that.

Kitten1966
02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
OK, I guess I shouldn't do this but it seems that I have reached a plateau so I decided that for today I am going to increase my calories and then tomorrow a cleanse.... water only....... I am hoping that this will help break the cycle and start the loss again.

Kinda sucks that today everyone is at my house for Super Bowl and everyone brought potluck with no low calorie stuff anywhere.....
Oh well tomorrow is another day as so long as it only lasts thsi one day and they all take their leftovers home I should be OK.

Thank goodness no weigh in til friday I have 5 days to wear it all off..lol

begoodjen
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Kitten - I hear you on the superbowl food - pizza, chips and guacamole, and potato skins! Probably wasn't a good idea but I barely ate all day so actually I stayed OP with this stuff. :)

Laura - thanks for posting the C25K links awhile back. I decided to give it a go and did two days so far. I am loving it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Jen

Kitten1966
02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Well I didn't keep in my calorie intake ... at the end of the night... I was at about 2800 calories..... about double what I normally take in... so today is purge day... lots of water and a little more time exercising.....

begoodjen
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Well I didn't keep in my calorie intake ... at the end of the night... I was at about 2800 calories..... about double what I normally take in... so today is purge day... lots of water and a little more time exercising.....

Good plan. Plus, you never know. I did this on Christmas and lost 2 pounds that week! :)

Laura78
02-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello Everyone! Nothing much to report - I'm staying on track it seems and it is shockingly eas. Still upsetting that my progress is so slow. I know I could pick up the pace a bit, but I like that I'm enjoying this "diet" and feel it is sustainable for the long run.....in my head I'm trying to teach myself that this is how I will eat for the rest of my life.

Next week we are heading to Ottawa for a 3 night trip and I'm a bit worried about how I will cope. I already told my husband I would like to eat at Subway for most meals - LOL. The bigger challenge will come in April when I go on a cruise - eeks!

Sara - Maybe that was the boost your body needed!

Jen - I'm glad you are enjoying C2K. I really loved it when I did it as well....hopefully one day I can do it again when my knees aren't so messed up!

stlrsgrl43
02-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Jewels, off to the gym early. I had an appt with my pt yesterday for my first session and he didn't even show so not happy bout that. I was really excited to get started on building muscle so I could burn more calories. I think I am going to start doing the treadmill in the morning and at night to maybe burn up some calories before I go to bed.

stlrsgrl43
02-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Group question; Does anyone else have a problem being regular since eating healthy. If so, what helps? I have been trying to eat more fiber and tons of water. I even got some of that activia but today is my first day eating one, does it even help?

begoodjen
02-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Group question - I've actually been more regular since I started. I don't know if activia helps but I eat tons of vegetables plus I am vegetarian and have been eating significantly less cheese so maybe this has helped me.

Laura78
02-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I have an Activia every day (even before the diet) and so I'm still fairly regular. I also find coffee helps for some reason!

stlrsgrl43
02-08-2012, 08:57 PM
OK everyone, had my first session with pt today and I am tender but my back is KILLING me. It hurts so bad to stand up straight. I wonder if this gets better as i strengthen it.

Laura78
02-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Ouch Jamie!! You have to make sure to take good care of your back - just take it easy.

I'm hanging in there....had a good week overall but, again, did not workout. I'm not sure what's wrong with me and why my motivation for weightloss and eating well is so high, but yet my body just doesn't want to workout!