Support Groups - ~ January Jewels ~

Pages : 1 [2]

View Full Version : ~ January Jewels ~

Kitten1966
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I take 1000 mg fish oil tablet everyday... helps with heart and helps with regularity.... make sure you get good quality ( krill oil if you can afford it) as the fish burps taste gross.

And the other thing that helps me at least is my morning coffee... great laxative and caffeine boost.. I cut from 4 cups in the morning to just one and I increased my water intake..

stlrsgrl43
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't drink coffee(yuck), all I drink is water, I cut out all sodas, tea and juice, nothing but water for the past month. I might try the fish oil tho.

Laura78
02-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Morning Ladies! It's been so quiet here....hopefully we are not losing momentum!

I weighed in this morning at 213.4 which is -1.4 on the week for a grand total of 10 lbs (finally!). I'm so happy with my even pace! 1600 calls seems to be the magic number for me for now :)

stlrsgrl43
02-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Good Morning Jewels, I weighed in at 219, thats a 2 pound loss, I am pleased. I have my 2nd session with the pt today, I think we r working the lower body which is good because my upper body is still sore.

begoodjen
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning Jewels! I weighed in at 256.2 for a loss of one pound. I have decided to start keeping track of the fractions of a pound this way if I lose .9 or something I won't be disappointed. Congrats on the losses this morning-we are all doing so well!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Laura, I noticed u r doing the July 4th challenge. Are u doing the bathing suit season challenge as well?

Begoodjen, I agree that we r doing well but our group has thinned alot.

So, i went for my 2nd session with my pt and I thought we were doing lower body today. I was wrong we did more arms, back and abs, I will b lucky if i can feed myself tomm, that was a tough workout. I did not know u r suppose to eat 1 gram of protien for every pound u weigh so that when u workout, your body uses fat for energy and not ur muscle. I haven't been eating enuf protein. Did you guys know this? How much protein has everybody been eating? Just curious.

begoodjen
02-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm *obviously* (lol) no expert on fitness and working out but I don't pay any attention to all this protein stuff. I have heard so many different things on this. I don't like protein shakes and I don't eat meat so I try to get as much protein as I can from eggs, cheese, greek yogurt etc. Until lately I hadn't been doing a whole lot of exercise so maybe I will start to care soon? Sorry I can't be more help.

The group has thinned out :( Hopefully people are just busy and will come back!

Jen

Kitten1966
02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
well ladies... I guess considering I had a hard time keeping under the 1500 mark.... my weight today is 262 even so that's a gain of about half a pound.... not getting to discouraged as it could have been worse.

Not sure what else to try as right now money is tight that I wish I could go to a gym or have a pt. I need someone over my head telling me I have to finish that or I have to run just a little bit more, my will power is about nil right now and I am easily distracted into putting off what I know I have to do or finish early with a halfhearted.. Oh well I will get back to it later or I will do more next time... I think what I really need is a swift kick the *** and a drill Sargent over my head....
Sorry for the rant...
Hope you Ladies have a great weekend <:)>

Laura78
02-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Laura, I noticed u r doing the July 4th challenge. Are u doing the bathing suit season challenge as well?

Yes, I thought the July 4th challenge was perfect since I have a wedding to attend on July 7th. I look pretty "normal" at 180 lbs, so would love to be thereabouts (179 is ideal as per my mini-goal) by the time the wedding hits, mostly so that I don't have to buy a new dress, but also so that I don't look like a large marshmallow - LOL!

I'm still very sore from my Biggest Loser yoga, so I think I'll make that my go-to workout for now. It's painful, sweaty, yet easy on my knees. I look forward to the summer when we can open the pool and I can exercise there!

Jen - Congrats on your loss! I agree the group is thinning out.

Is anyone else up to joining the July 4th challenge and we can all keep up there?

stlrsgrl43
02-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I joined that challenge already, how about you kitten and jen?

Kitten1966
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure what the 4th of July challenge is....but it sounds like a motivation to me

Jbailey7780
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Hello all. Looks like it has slowed here alot! I forgot to weigh Friday so I did Sat and was down 2 lbs! I'll take it. I think I might check out the 4th of July Challenge. See you all there :)

Kitten1966
02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
OK I searched the fourth challenge and it looks like a great idea... So here it goes.

Challenge goal By Fourth of July:
- to be able to shop in a regular store and be down to a 18-20
-be in better physical shape (ie no huffing n puffing after walking for 30 min)
-to eat healthier as habit not reminded.

begoodjen
02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm going to skip the July 4 challenge - a little too long term for me - but there is an Easter one starting (6.5 weeks) that I have joined. Seems like a lot of the same people. Come on over if you want!

I have my second yoga class tonight. Luckily it is all beginners, a couple older ladies and a couple chubbies like me so it is not intimidating. The instructor is awesome and at the beginning she talked about not worrying about your neighbour and what others can and can't do. I am also still doing couch to 5 k - I'm sticking with week one still just to make sure I don't hurt myself as I still find it pretty challenging. Loving it though :)

stlrsgrl43
02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I"m down 2 more pounds this week, seems to be the norm for me

KimG813
02-17-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm down another 2 lbs... but that might in the last two weeks... I'm not sure if I gained weight somewhere in there or had a typo when I put the 221.6... but last Friday I was more (and too embarassed to post). In terms of my Saturday weigh ins with Weight Watchers... last 2 weigh ins SUCKED... (.8 and .6), but this week I'm expecting at least 2 pounds and I will be happy with that... although, I still have 2 pounds to make up somewhere for February and 3 for January. Hahaha.... don't know where I'll find them... but... it's been a good week... kinda... this week, I haven't been eating ENOUGH... so... gotta get back to PLANNING!

begoodjen
02-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I lost 2.8 this week which for me is a huge loss. I usually only lose 1 pound or so a week. I'll take it! :)

stlrsgrl43
02-18-2012, 02:12 PM
congrats jen and kim.

Kitten1966
02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
OK missed the weigh in yesterday but today its 260.0 so that's a loss of 2 lbs... yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Like the 4th challenge as I too have a wedding in july and I found the most gorgeous dress... but it only goes to 20-22 so thats my goal.... fit that dress by july.... should only be about another 20 lbs as I am down to a 24 now.......

stlrsgrl43
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey are we still posting in here?? Where did everyone go? Well, I weighed in today and i am down another 2 pounds, that makes 19 all together. I feelpretty good about myself. Only 65 more to go. How is everyone??

Kitten1966
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
I am here I lost internet for a few days ... weigh in Friday.... 260lbs no change... really starting to get frustrated now

stlrsgrl43
03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Is anyone still here? Kitten how was this week for you, I hope you didnt give up. I lost 1.6 pounds

Kitten1966
03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm still here... not sure what happened to everyone else........
Weigh in this morning 260 again....... I seem to have reached some sort of plateau and can't get down anymore... thinking I might start going to a gym if I can find one that doesn't lock you into a plan and is fairly close to home.....

stlrsgrl43
03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I go to fitness 19, you can cancel anytime and how much u pay upfront determines how much your monthly payments r. I paid around 100 upfront and 9$ a month. It's pretty basic tho, no showers or steamrooms, just your basic machines treadmills, weights and stuff like that but i like it. Of course I went all in and bought 20 sessions with a personal trainer which the owner let me pay for in monthly installments. maybe you can see if there is one near u and check it out.

begoodjen
03-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey I'm still here...went away then home for a day then away again...anyway down to 251 which makes me at my first mini goal of a 40 lb loss!!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
wtg jen

Kitten1966
03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
That's fantastic Jen... I seem to be stuck just 10 lbs from my mini goal.... going to check out a gym today..got a free 30 day trial in the mail so maybe that's a sign...... I'm willing to try anything at this point just to jump start me back on track

Laura78
03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey guys - I didn't realize we were still posting here :) LOL. I'm still around.

I was down 4 lbs over the last couple weeks so that was good. I am going to go to they gym (finally) to sign up for a one month trial membershi and will be following the program from "New Rules of Lifting for Women"

You guys are all doing amazing!

stlrsgrl43
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Laura, I just bought that book like an hour ago. I still have 9 sessions with my pt but I was thinking bout asking him to get me started on that before I am done with all of my sessions to make sure I do them correctly and everything. Keep at it kitten and maybe u wil get that whoosh.

begoodjen
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Kitten - are you a calorie counter, WW, or ? You could try calorie cycling or as its called on WW the wendie plan. I was stuck for 2 weeks, went on the wendie plan and have been losing a 1-3 lbs per week for the last month or so. It seems to re-kick start your metabolism. Just an idea :)

Kitten1966
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I am a whatever I can afford economy down in Mississippi is very slow... fresh fruits n veggies are VERY expensive and with the DH on a restricted sodium diet for his heart I have to watch everything that we cook.... so I try n keep the calories at about 450-500 calories per meal with water. So I average 1400-1500 calories per day and we walk everyday.... just not sure whats going on with my body... seems like my metabolism is slowed to a slugs pace and not sure how to kick start it agin.

Laura78
03-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Laura, I just bought that book like an hour ago. I still have 9 sessions with my pt but I was thinking bout asking him to get me started on that before I am done with all of my sessions to make sure I do them correctly and everything. Keep at it kitten and maybe u wil get that whoosh.
Jamie - You will love the book! Today is my first day on the program. I'm going after work. The only thing I feel like I can't do is up my calories as much as he suggests. Nope - don't think I can. I'm going to to 1600 cals every day and hope that's enough! I'll re-analyze if I'm feeling weak or something.

Also, I'm ona 3 week scale freeze. Whenever I start doing weights I always gain weight initially and I just don't want to see the scale go up, so my next weigh-in will be March 30th and hopefully by then my weight would have stabilized. So for now you will all see 207 on the scale for a few weeks - LOL.

Sara - Sorry you are struggling. It seems your calorie intake is correct, if maybe on the low side. As I mentioned I've been at 1600 cals with no exercise and my losses have been consistent. Can you try breaking your meals up into 6 small ones? This helps to rev up metabolism. Also,with each small meal try to have carb and protein. I have a carb & protein with each small/meal snack except my 10am banana break :) But I may add nuts to that.

stlrsgrl43
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Laura, I was thinking the same thing about calories. I don't think I can up them either. I am dong so well at my 1500, I might try to eat 1600 on workout days due to the protien but I pretty much do that anyway after my workouts with my pt. I am still reading the book so it may be a week or so before I get started but let me know how its going for u.

Kitten, keep at it, it will break.

Laura78
03-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Jamie - So, I just finished day one! It took me awhile to get going because I didn't know where everything was, but I finally figured it all out. I could not for the life of me do that jackknife move with the ball. I think it was mind over matter, though. I'll try again next time. I can already tell I'll be limping from the squats!

stlrsgrl43
03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Laura, ok so I got to the workout pages in the book and I am so confused. Tell me what all did u do today for phase 1? I am starting on MOnday and I feel like an idiot. I agree that the jacknife looks aweful but i will try, I have my own ball here at home so i am going to practice it this week.

Laura78
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I used to have a ball, but a friend came with her dog and her dog ate my ball - LOL! Darn I need to practice, I can't go through that again... :)

So today I did:

Warm-up: 15 minute walk on the treadmill

A)Squats (2 sets of 15)

B1) Push-ups (was supposed to do 2 sets 15, managed 2 sets of 8 "girlie" push-ups0
B2) Seated Row (2 sets 15)

C1) Step-up (2 sets 15)
C2) Prone Jacknife (supposed to do 2 sets of 8 - but fell down on my first one and was too embarassed to try again!)

stlrsgrl43
03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
So u did workout A right? When do u do workout B? I got my ball at walmart for 9$, its golds gym ball and 65 cm. I actually just pumped it up today.

Laura78
03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Workabout B is on Friday (not looking forward to lunges!!). I may be forced to buy a ball.

Laura78
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
So today I am so sore, it's brutal. I am so out of shape that 30 squats has sent my quads into intense shock - LOL!

begoodjen
03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Weigh in today was good - 249.6 which is a loss of 2.2 lbs!

YAY!!

Jen

Laura78
03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Awesome Jen!!! I missed weighing in today.....I feel like it's actually going to be nice for me not to be so focussed on a number for a bit. Not sure I can make it until March 30th though.

Kitten1966
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
weigh in today 259... a loss of 1lb... but not eating.. my bestfriend went into emergency surgery last night for appendectomy... so been at hospital most of the night forgot to eat...... we will see if the loss stays

stlrsgrl43
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
WTG ladies, I am at 210, down 3 pounds.

LW12
03-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi girls! I've been AWOL for a while. Sorry! Work got extremely busy & I just didn't have the patience to sit down in front of my laptop. So, how have you all been doing? Still on track? I had a few weeks of staying the same. I couldn't get the scale to shift. Then it started to change, very slowly! I am finally in Onederland (just!). As of yesterday I am 199.6lbs

stlrsgrl43
03-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Wtg Lw12

Laura78
03-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow - you girls are doing amazing! I just finished my favourite snack of an apple with PB2 - mmmmm.

LW - welcome back and CONGRATS for getting into Onederland! I'm still on track but taking a weigh-in break while I'm starting weight training and also because I was getting a bit obsessed with the scale.

Jamie - Fantastic loss!

LW12
03-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Laura78 - I understand what its like to need a break from weigh ins. I was going through something similar a few weeks ago when I was counting my calories, exercising & the weight just wasn't coming off. Its disappointing & it made staying away from those comfort eating habits all the harder. I'm hoping next weeks weigh in will show me to be sat more comfortably in Onderland, rather than so close to that line. :) After that, I will be taking a break from the scales also.......I think. ;)

Laura78
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Laura78 - I understand what its like to need a break from weigh ins. I was going through something similar a few weeks ago when I was counting my calories, exercising & the weight just wasn't coming off. Its disappointing & it made staying away from those comfort eating habits all the harder. I'm hoping next weeks weigh in will show me to be sat more comfortably in Onderland, rather than so close to that line. :) After that, I will be taking a break from the scales also.......I think. ;)

I think for some people weighing-in daily and/or weekly (or somewhere in between) works for them to keep them motivated. I was just feeling like I was getting dissapointed in myself. I know for sure with how sore my muscles have been from lifting, guaranteed I'm holding onto a bunch of water weight right now and I'd just rather not watch it! LOL. Here's to hoping for a decent weigh-in on the 30th.

stlrsgrl43
03-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Good Morning ladies, I don't mean to sound like an idiot but what does NSV stand for?

Laura78
03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Jamie - I believe it is a "Non Scale Victory", but don't quote me on that! How is your NROWL going?

We had a major healthy emergency scale with DH this week tha ended up with a 911 call and a visit in the hospital. All is well now, thank the Lord, but my lifting schedule is all messed up. I did get one in and then hopefully tomorow I'll get another in, so 2 days of lifting is better than none, right?

Oh, and I did the prone jacknife - couldn't be more excited!! Yippee!! :) I did buy a ball to practice at home and it made all the difference in the world.

stlrsgrl43
03-15-2012, 08:02 AM
I am glad DH is ok, I did my first workout yesterday and it wasn't so bad, my shoulders and back of my arms r a little sore but not too bad. The pushups r rough because my wrists r so weak but I did 10 real push ups, didn't go all the way down but I thought it was pretty good. I am scheduled to to B tomm. I am having my PT do the first workout in each phase with me to make sure I am doing everything properly. The squats with the barbell r uncomfortable. I am glad u were able to practice that at home, I thought it made it easier as well.

LW12
03-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Just checking in with you lovely ladies. :) Weighed in this morning. Today I am 197.4lbs. How are you all doing?

stlrsgrl43
03-16-2012, 08:08 AM
wtg LW, I wieghed in at 207.2, getting cloase to wonderland. I am going on a road trip this weekend so here's to hoping for staying OP. I going to my borthers in the poconos and he likes to eat out alot , hopefully I can plan ahead. I plan on taking alot of fruits and yogurt.

begoodjen
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Congrats everyone! I am down 2.2 pounds this week again!!

Kitten1966
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Congrats to everyone on a week well done........
I ahve been looking for a gym but around here they are too expensive so I broke down and ordered a treadmill last night form amazon.com. Will be here Tues or Wed.
Weight this morning 258.3 so no change....
Started something different the other day.... cut meat way down and having fresh fruit and steamed veggies as my main staple... gonna see what that does... maybe switch my metabolism enough to kick start it again.

LW12
03-16-2012, 07:56 PM
As always, a big well done to everyone. :-) This wee group has proved to be more support/motivation than I thought it would be. Here's to the January Jewels. :)

Laura78
03-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi guys,

Congrats on your wonderful losses! And Sara - may the treadmill and diet change be enough to shake things up for you :)

So I decided to weigh myself....this not weighing-in thing was killing me - LOL.

Anyway, I'm down 1.8 lbs in TWO weeks, which is OK, but is the reason I didn't want to weigh-in in the first place because it always slows for me as soon as I start weight training. Anyway, a loss is a loss :)

I feel like this is the longest march to Onederland ever. This week I am dropping 100-200 cals and see how it goes. I would like to see Onederland in the next 2-3 weeks!! I was doing 1600 cals/week and now I'm going to aim for 1400-1500 and hopefully I don't feel completely deprived. I may also go to the gym 5X/week instead of 3. I feel like I just need to pick up the speed a bit :)

stlrsgrl43
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone, I feel pretty good about how I did over the weekend even if my brother is not very supportive. Friday he fixed dinner, beef brisket and pierogies. I ate 6 pierogies and some cucumbers I took along. Sat, we ate out for lunch and dinner and learned that logans roadghouse has a health nut menue, everything is under 550 calories. He then decided to fix a huge breakfast sunday morning and tried his hardest to get me to eat biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon. I ended up eating 4 egg whites, 1 whole wheat thomas english muffin and some fruit that i brought.

Laura I did part B on friday before I left and saturday I could barely walk from the lunges. I used 10lb dumbells, even today my legs and butt muscles are killing me. Did you have the same effect? I am taking today off and will do workout A again on wed.

Laura78
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone!

Jamie - I had worse effects from the squats than from the lunges, but I definitely still felt it. I find the lunges really bother my knees and I'm trying to figure out how to make them not hurt my knees so much. I find the combo of deadlift + lunges really work the back of the legs and butt. I just finished a Workout A and I upped all my weights and it felt good, though I think it will take me FOREVER to do a real push-up (if ever). Good job eating well with your brother!

stlrsgrl43
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
The squats didn't bother me like the lunges did and I can do 10 real pushups, not perfectly but pretty good. I would be able to do them better but my wrists are weak.

Has anyone heard of 7-keto, its a supplement. I was wondering if it actually helped or not, suppose to help belly bulge by helping your metabolism.

Laura78
03-19-2012, 08:24 PM
You are certainly much further ahead than I am - I have such a weak upper body.

Laura78
03-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Ladies. I am entirely frustrated - I had a great eating week and dropped my calories to around 1400-1500 cals, worked out several times and GAINED 1.4 lbs. Sooooo frustrating! Not even a bite out of place.

Here's to a better loss next week....

LW12
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi girlies. :) I weighed in this morning (I can't help it!) & I've stayed exactly the same, despite a week of healthy eating & exercise. Sometimes weight loss baffles me.

stlrsgrl43
03-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Hello ladies, I am only down .8lb this week but I only exercized twice in the last week so I am not complaining, it's a loss.

Laura, be patient and keep at it, it will happen.

begoodjen
03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Ladies
I am down 0.6 this week - hey a loss is a loss!!
Is everyone doing photos and measurements? Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I take some photos and compare to my "before" pictures and I can't help but be encouraged by my progress so far!

stlrsgrl43
03-24-2012, 04:49 PM
begoodjen, I took 1 photo after i lost my first 10 pounds, I will prob do another when I hit 30 pounds. I did measurements in feb and march. I think the biggest thing for me is that I was wearing a size 26 last summer and I actually got into a size 16 today, I nearly cried.

Kitten1966
03-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Sorry Ladies never got the chance to be near a computer yesterday... weigh in this morning...255.0lbs... loss of 3.8 lbs... whooo hooo

Got the treadmill set up but can't use it yet... got the wrong one ,,, with a max weight of 250 and the track drags... so that's another milestone for me... when the track runs free another loss... so for now still outside walking.
going tomorrow on the final round of PGA tour here in South Miss so I will def get my miles in then........ Have a great weekend ladies

Kitten1966
03-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Ok it's Friday morning.... not seen anyone posting here since last weekend but Im still going to as this is motivation for me.....
Weigh in this morning 255.0 lbs no change but no gain either which is good because this week... I CHEATED..... yes ladies I went totally off my diet all week just because I was depressed and frustrated.... so no gain is GREAT..

Now maybe my body can be shocked back into a weight loss.....Hope you ladies have a great weekend

stlrsgrl43
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I didn't get to wiegh in today as I was admitted to the hospital Wed evening. I have Kidney stones/infection so my kidney is swollen and when the infection is clear I will have the stones broken up so they can pass. I am not sure how this will affect my wieght loss but I am not able to exercise much and have to take pain medication as well as antibiotics. I will wiegh in the morning because I am home now and I hope it won't b too bad from laying in bed for a few days.

begoodjen
03-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Kitten - great attitute! you will do great this week!
Strlsgrl - sorry to hear that, ouch!

I am down 2.6 this week which I am absolutley ecstatic about!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
03-30-2012, 08:25 PM
JEN, wtg, so happy for you.

stlrsgrl43
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
OK everyone, so I bit the bullet and weighed in this morning and expected a gain since I only worked out 1 day last week but I was at 202 even, I am psyched to say the least. Thats a 4 pound loss and soooooo close to onederland.

Kitten1966
04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
WTG Stlrgrl..... I am sooo sorry about the stones... been there done that... they hurt like a ......
Congrats on the weight loss
I am hoping that I jump started myself again I WANT ONEDERLAND.... i am psyched I am now officially only 45lbs heavier than my fiance and he has never seen me weigh less than him.. I would love it

begoodjen
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi girls! I am holding steady at 244 this week which is fine with me - no gain at least after a few weeks of bigger than normal losses! How did everyone do this week?

stlrsgrl43
04-07-2012, 10:39 AM
I was at 197.4 this morning

begoodjen
04-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I was at 197.4 this morning

Congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND!!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
04-07-2012, 02:00 PM
ty jen

Kitten1966
04-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Didn't get to the scale yesterday so weigh in this morning is 255.1 so actually a gain of .1 but I am ok with that....... got the pool all cleaned out in the complex today so now I can add swimming to my exercise regime so that should help....

Hope everyonne has a happy easter

stlrsgrl43
04-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Is anyone still here? I am stuck at 196, actually bouncing between 196 and 197 this week. I have been slacking off on exercise tho so I am gonna get back into the swing of things starting today. I have already been to the gym and plan to get back to going everyday. How is everyone else doing?

begoodjen
04-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I am up a pound this week :( My own fault - I have been slacking off and sneaking in a few more calories here and there. Back on the wagon this week!

Jen

stlrsgrl43
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Jen but glad your getting back on the wagon.

begoodjen
04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Hey Jewels I am down 2.4 this week! Anyone else posting?

Jen

stlrsgrl43
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I am but I have been stuck for the past couple weeks, I am hoping it's because I have been lifting weights. When I started dieting my fat % was 42, last time it was 40 and today it was 35% so hopefully the muscle is why I am stuck. I have recently been calorie cycling to see if it helps.

Congrats on the 2.4, awesome.

begoodjen
04-20-2012, 07:40 PM
I have been calorie cycling for about 2 months - I do find it works, plus I actually find (most times) that it is easier to stick to because if I really want something I know if I just wait until a higher calorie day I can squeeze it in.

Also, wtg on the body fat percentage! If you are losing that much fat it might be better not to focus on the number on the scale so much (hard to do obviously, and this coming from someone who gets on the scale pretty much every day :))

stlrsgrl43
04-20-2012, 09:03 PM
How many calories do u eat and how often do u change it up? I ate 1100 yesterday and closer to 2000 today. I didnt mean to go that high, i was just really hungry today for some reason.

I wonder what happened to laura,she was posting in another thread but i havent seen her anywhere in a while.

LW12
04-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello ladies, I hope you have all been keeping well. I've been away for quite a while (life) & I have fallen off the wagon in the meantime. I know I've done damage but I won't know quite what the damage is until weigh in on Friday. I'm hoping coming back here again will help with the renewed effort. Fingers crossed!!

stlrsgrl43
04-23-2012, 04:53 PM
LW12, hoping for the best for you, glad your back.

begoodjen
04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
LW - Welcome back!

Strlsgrl - I do WW so I don't know the exact amount of calories but my points look like this: Sunday - 44, Monday - 28, Tuesday - 35, Wednesday - 33, Thursday - 28, Friday - 34, Saturday - 29. Each point is roughly 50-70 calories depending on the fat and fiber (this is the old WW program), and your points go down the more weight you lose. Assuming each point is 50 calories, I range from 1400 to 2200 calories. So, you can see that on Sundays I can eat things that I wouldn't normally. Like if I want to go for ice cream or have some cheesy scalloped potatoes I will do it on a Sunday :)
I also don't stick to it religiously but I find generally if I go for a higher calories day then eat really low and clean the next day I will almost always lose at least a pound that week. Its not exact numbers because its WW but hope that helps :)

BTW - I am down 2.4 this week!!!

Jen

Kitten1966
04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
OK ladies... here it is confession time... I guess my scales were waaaaay off... I went to the Dr the other day for annual physical and according to his scale I am at 182lbs... so I guess I will go by his weight and alter my scales here at home to show the same thing... Really depressing but I would rather the truth than to lie to myself.. so I am starting over... I am going to try to stick to under 1500 calories... but I am having a major problem with my metabolism...... it is seriously slow... any tricks anyone????

stlrsgrl43
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Kitten, sorry to hear. I have heard calorie cycling will help with the metabolism. I have been stuck at the same weight (or within 2 pounds of) for 3 weeks now. I have been trying to calorie cycle but I don't know if I am just not counting right or what. I have been trying to eat around 1800/2000 one day and around 1200 the next. You can google it and c what u come up with on the subject.

Kitten1966
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I will definately try that... ANYTHING at this point... LOL

stlrsgrl43
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Let me no how it works for u kitten

Kitten1966
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
OK I tried cycling this week... started at 1200 per day for 2 days then 1600 for one then back to 1200 for one day then 1600 and the results are...........
A LOSS OF 3.2 LBS

whoo hoo

stlrsgrl43
05-04-2012, 03:16 PM
thats awesome kitten, I am at 194.2 today so I finally broke away from 196 BUT that might be because I was aloud to eat anything after noon on tuesday because I had a lithotripsy on wed so I went 27 hours with nothing but water but I will take it and see if it sticks.

begoodjen
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
AWESOME KITTEN! I am holding at 241 this week.
No gain = Happy me

Jen

stlrsgrl43
05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Good morning ladies, I am at 192.2, it would be sooo nice to see the 180's next week but I am doing "the new rules of lifting for women" and I start phase 2 on monday, I hope I don't plateau again. How is everyone else doing? I hope everyone is still hanging in there, there isn't many of us left here.

begoodjen
05-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Girls,
I am down a pound this week. Slow and steady wins the race (I hope)

:)
Jen

stlrsgrl43
05-18-2012, 09:27 AM
No wieght loss for me this week but I started stage 2 of "The new rules of lifting for women" so I am hoping its just water retention. How has everyones week been?

begoodjen
05-19-2012, 07:41 AM
I am up 2 lbs :(
Went a little crazy with Mother's Day baking and it shows on the scale!
I am actually converting to a vegan diet this week so that should force me to make some better choices.

Jen

stlrsgrl43
05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I wish u luck with that jen, i certainly couldnt go vegan.

stlrsgrl43
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
ALMOST to the 180's, I am 190.4 so hopefully by next week i will b in the 180's. hows the vegan thing going for you JEN. Are we the only 2 left in here?

begoodjen
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I think we are!!
The vegan thing is going well. Down 2 pounds this week and feeling good.
Congrats on your loss!!

Jen

begoodjen
05-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Oops I'm actually down 3.6 this week...I looked at my calendar again where I write down my Friday weigh ins. I thought it was more than 2!

stlrsgrl43
05-26-2012, 08:27 AM
wtg Jen, awesome

stlrsgrl43
06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Are there seriously just 2 of us left in here? Well I'm down to 191 but it's time for TOM so maybe I wil get a whoosh next week.

begoodjen
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I wonder if the others are still on this site at all?! Anyway, I am down a lb this week.

stlrsgrl43
06-18-2012, 11:56 AM
JEN, are you still here? I made to 186.6 today, 2 more pounds and I will hit the 50 pounds lost mark.

begoodjen
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm back! No internet for awhile, but I am down 60 lbs now!

stlrsgrl43
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Thats awesome jen, im down 56, its not moving very fast but its still going down. Im glad to see u back. Im on stage 6 of the new rules of lifting for women, love the program.

Laura78
01-28-2013, 01:40 PM
I guess everyone is gone now??

I went on vacation and never did get back on track. Anyone still around?

stlrsgrl43
01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I am still here Laura, vacation is rough right. I made 2 trips to Fla in Oct and Nov, gained 10 pounds then 4 more over the holidays. I have lost 8 of those but it is sooooo hard to get back into the groove. How are you?

Laura78
02-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Jamie!! You're still around and look at your awesome weightloss - you go girl! Sorry, I didn't get an email that someone had posted, but alas you have so exciting. I can't believe how much weight you've lost. Are you calorie counting? What are you doing for exercise?

Instead of being frustrated in myself for totally giving up last time, here I am making another go at it. The crazy thing was, I was having a relatively "easy" time of it last year, I just let life get in the way I guess.

I'm doing pretty good overall! How are you doing?

stlrsgrl43
02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
I am calorie counting and I did "The new rules of lifting for women" I loved it. There is a "New rules of lifting supercharged that came out Dec. 27th and I started that. If you do the whole thing, it is suppose to be a year long program. I like it because I know exactly what I have to do when I go to the gym and everything is laid out for me.

I know what you mean bout life getting in the way (actually I got in my own way) but hey, I'm back on track and hopefully will get to goal wieght.

Also while doing "new rules of lifting for women" I noticed my weight stalled but I was still losing inches around my waist.

Laura78
02-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I had started NROL and my weight stopped dropping almost completely which was really de-motivating. I loved the program though. I thought I would lose a bunch of weight first and then start it up again, at least until I'm under 200 lbs. Did you notice a change in your body?

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I definitly noticed a change in my body, which is why I measured AND weighed, as long as I was getting smaller, I was ok. I was still losing weight but it was veeeerrryy slow but the inches were flying off.

Laura78
02-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I understand that.....but right now I just need to see pounds drop for awhile. Maybe when I'm below 200 I'll start NROL, but right now I just need the motivation that the scale seems to bring for me! Also, I no longer have a gym membership and I'm not sure I want to get one again, so we'll see.

stlrsgrl43
02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Well keep me updated, and good luck