Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Talking Our first, daily WLS chat...02-20-03

Hey all.......this could be fun! Share anything you would like, wls related or just your thoughts and plans for the day. If any of our low-carb friends are lurking, please post and say hello.

Not a bunch planned for me today. I have been without my van for a few days. Son's truck was in the garage for clutch repair, he had dh's car and hubby had my van. Soooo Mom had NOTHING!!!

I really have no place to go today........but I'm going somewhere........even if I just ride around the neighborhood.

I spoke to Haziefrog yesterday, she sounds wonderful!!

We are expecting 60 degree weather for the next couple of days. I plan to take the time to rake out a few flower beds. Now that I can bend with ease I can plant and not wait for hubby to do it.

Welcome Heaven! Like Jiff said, we maynot be young in years, I'm 43, but we are young at heart and now younger in body!!

My goal for the day is WATER!!

Have a wonderful day all
Debbie
Old 02-20-2003, 07:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lurking a tiny bit before I go out the door.
Hi to all the WLS chickies!
By the way, there is a guy in Buyer Beware who is interested in WLS. Wanna reel him in? I can move his post, if you want.
Maybe he'll agree to a sex change first.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:48 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth off to check him out!

Debbie
Old 02-20-2003, 08:37 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

good morning!! gotta be a quickie for now. but here's a scoop: last night at support group, we had the medgem folks in. you know, the ones who have thatmachine you breathe into and they determine your resting metabolic rate and use it as a guide for how many calories and how much exercise you need to lose or gain or maintatin...

so, i went in SWEARING that my resting rate would be about 500 calories. well, i figured that since i'm eating about 1200 calories a day, swimming 1/2 mile 3-4 days a week, biking for 30 minutes a day 4-5 times a week, and lifting weights 4 times a week, and not losing for 3 weeks at a time, why wouldn't it be that low???

SURPRISE!!! it's 1920!! that means that i burn 1900+ calories just sitting on my ***!!!! so, one more thing i can't cope with. i'm eating lots fewer calories than i'm burning, and then using at least another 7000 or so doing the week ,and i'm standing still??????

more later.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:45 AM   #5  

Well we had our first little hiccup!

The nurse called John today and told him his blood sugar is 140, which is high. If on the day of surgery it is 200 or over they will CANCEL! I do not know if I could deal with that. I am all ready somewhat shaky about the whole thing, if they have to reschedule - well it would not be a good thing.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:38 PM   #6  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Luna, sorry to hear that. I was told, if my sugar was high before surgery, it would be taken care of with insulin. I know every surgeon does it "their" way.

I also know, for me, the one, sure fire way to keep my sugars under control was to REALLY watch the carbs.

The 25th will be here before you know it. I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax.

On another note...........can I say CHIT, CHIT, CHIT!!!! Ruthie, if you want to smack my hand, feel free. Chit, son took his truck back to the garage......so no van for me again tomorrow.

Ruth I did invite the fellow from "Buyer Beware" over to join us.

Wow Jiff, I would like to have that test!

Debbie
Old 02-20-2003, 06:21 PM   #7  

thank you jiff and deb!! i was so confused!! i couldn't find where i had posted my message!! it has been a very very long and stressful day. work is evil! i think i need to hit the lottery and quit work!!

i am still waiting for the lady to call and schedule my surgery with me. i wish she would hurry up!

well, i just wanted to pop in and say hello. it looks like you all talk during the day. i will just have to play catch up at night when i get home. we are not allowed to use the internet for personal reasons at work. booo!!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #8  

Heavenswind are you the fellow from buyer beware? If so would you care to share your story?

As for when we chat, I can be here just about any time. I have work access and home.

Glad to see some more new people!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #9  

lol. no, last time i checked, i didn't have any male anatomy. unless since i haven't seen my toes in some years that something else grew!!!
but, seriously, no, i am not the guy from buyer beware. i am just another lovely patron of this wonderful website.
Closed Thread