Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/8/12

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Larry H
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Holy Cow!! Down another pound today to 218. I seem to be on a roll getting rid of my Holiday Gain. Hope it continues :D:D:carrot::carrot::D:D

Larry,

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Larry Great job! :carrot:

BuffJim
01-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Congrats Larry on your loss,

I had a good week. Going to weigh myself tomorrow to see where I'm at. Today's task is healthy eating and going for a hike. Made it to the gym Friday and Saturday!

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Jim Great job working your plan. Let us know how the weigh in goes. :carrot: I hope all your hard work is paying off.

ItsMyTurn
01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Larry - Great job on your loss!!!! I had a loss of 4.2lbs this week :O With you on the holiday weight, but glad it isn't taking as long as the first time.

Diana - I wouldn't imagine trying to walk in ours during business hours... they do open up earlier for walkers, but now we live so far away from the mall I would just rather go outside (when able to). I had to ask though cause of the crowds, does it seem to get in your way? Sorry to hear of stores closing though, that's sad

Basically fasted this morning without intentions to do so - just got busy. Went up to the valley to get a push mower, so our HOA doesn't yell that they can't find us in the tall grass out front, :lol: I also got a couple pair of workout pants (the ones I had were too big... would start walking fast or jogging and pants were falling down :lol: No one needs to see that) and a new workout sweat lock out shirt :) I never had one of those due to the expense of them, but was able to get an excellent deal! Yay me!!! Got back into town and stopped at grocery store to get some healthy foods back into the house so I could eat and not worry :D Having some Kashi go lean crunch cereal now with fresh strawberries - super yum :P Going to go for a great walk (maybe jog) today and finish up putting my bathroom together and get my border on the wall. Love me some weekend time!

MzJuicyD
01-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone! Hope everyone has had a great day! Ive still been doing great with my eating. Ive been surrounded by bad foods but i have resisted! I didnt even desire it lol. Im really trying hard to stay motivated and eat great!

morrigan
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Grass? You have grass? We have ice skating. I signed up for a lifestyle challenge program at my local gym and am hoping for a 3-5 lb loss for my first week.

MzJuicyD - beautiful before and after pics!

Italiannie
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Everyone! Had a pretty good day on plan today. Pumping water, as I ate some salty stuff last night. I didn't weigh myself this morning because of the salt, even though I don't think I over ate.

Quality of food makes such a difference, but I was on a "girls night out" with my sisters and some friends.

Larry, You're doing so great. Congrats. Your comments crack me up!
Diana, Your consistency is a wonderful inspiration to all of us.

We'll see what the scale brings in the morning.

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Itsmyturn Our house is about 2 miles from one mall and our business is 3 or 4 miles from another mall. The mall is pretty convenient for me. We don't live in the best neighborhood, so I don't walk at home. Also, in the Summer it's too hot/humid to walk outdoors. The mall is a great option. We have an outdoor outlet mall that I walked/ran around one time. That was fun, but again, I had a concern about safety. How is the economy in your area? Everything seemed fine for a while here. Now it seems like we are going through a phase where things are closing up. This week I found out that 3 pretty popular restaurants have closed. Did you get the painting done? :D

Mzjuicyd Great job staying on plan!

Morrigan Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Italiannie Thank you. I hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow.

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Total Approx 1465 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Iced coffee w/cream + sweet 'n low 50 calories
Turkey wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Dinner (350 Calories)
English Muffin 100 calories
1 cup cottage cheese 200 calories
Pumpkin butter w/extra cinnamon 50 calories

Exercise:
Sharon Twombly's Zero To Sixty Low Impact with Weights (used #5's)

berryblondeboys
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Just a quick check in to say I haven't fell off the earth. Busy day today and "eh" with food. We had some leftovers for dinners that were higher calorie and I got coerced into a small slice of cake. Did find at the winter festival though. And got a walk in, though short. But everything counts!

Diana3271
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Berry Tomorrow is a new day for you. I don't know if this will help you, but try adding some cinnamon to your foods tomorrow. It might help a little with the cravings.

qtkitty
01-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Morning Weight 388.4 WTF!

Breakfast
1 Regular Pumpkin Muffin 135
1 Tiramisu Mocha Coffee 194
Sub Total 329

Lunch
Salad ( 1/2c Manwich Meat Veg, 1/2c Greek Sour Cream, 4 cherry tomatoes, ½ c cucumbers, Artisan Lettuce and Iceberg Lettuce) 298
1 Regular Pumpkin Muffin 135
Sub Total 433

Dinner
Beef Veggie Soup 250
1 Jumbo Pumpkin Muffin 270
½ Manwich Sandwich 132
Sub Total 652

Daily Total 1414

Water 60

I weighed myself this afternoon while waiting for my dd to be done playing in the bathtub *lol*. It can take a while and I am not willing to leave the bathroom even for a second. 388.0 even after that huge salad for lunch.

Diana3271~ I had made my own breakfast sandwich. It had a homemade roll instead of english muffin and more egg and roast beef than my normal sandwich, because well I tend not to eat lunch as often on the weekends.

Diana3271 and spiceberry~ I think that you guys are right … I asked what exactly was in the soup my mom had made this week. She says for every 3 cups of water she uses 2 flavor boosters (870mg) and a Tbsp or 2 of bouillon(870mg/TBSP). I hate to think how much sodium is in that soup. Which I should know better because Salt is something that she adds to things. I do not add salt to anything. I know that the soup was lower in sodium the last 2 nights because I added canned tomatos, several can fulls of water, the rest of the bag of frozen veggies, and a couple tbsp of soup starter ( just dried veggies and herbs). Guess that is why the tendons are coming back in my feet.

I pre-made some things for myself for the upcoming week. So I know this week will be better. I made more sauted veg for my breakfast sandwiches. Which is onion, green and red peppers, celery, carrot and 1Tbsp EVOO(I don't really need the evoo next time I should just leave it out since that made for a good percent of the calories in the veg). After reducing it made 3.5cups which lasts awhile. I also used this in the Manwich I made which is 2lb of lean beef drained, one can manwich, and 1 cup of sauted veg which made 5.5cups. I also mixed sour cream and plain greek yogurt half and half to make Greek Sour Cream. Can't tell it isn't 100% sour cream and it drops the calories dramatically and increases the protien.

mamakat
01-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Monday morning WI: 206.8 bringing me down .8 since yesterday and 3.6 since last Monday! Not bad for someone who still hasn't gone to the loo! :D

Diana3271
01-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great week!

I woke up feeling really swollen and bloated this morning. It showed on the scale, too. I am assuming this is from TTOM since I have been 100% on plan. The only thing I can do, is what I can do. That's to keep working my food and exercise plan and wait for TTOM to pass.

Calories for yesterday: 1465 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 150.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1.4 pounds

lucindaarrowspark
01-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Hip Hip hooray! Here I am. I did not slip up, crash down pig out lash out or derail myself. I did it. I will not weigh myself b/c for me the scale is pointless.
why? you ask, well maybe it's being post menopause but that darn scale is a stingy lover and won't budge from his position. Okay fine, I'll work around that. I have stayed with in my 900 caloreis per day limit the whole week. Kiss me hard with an open mouth. ooops, too much info right?

Italiannie
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Happy Monday!
Last weigh-in 191.4
Today - 191.2

I did not do a weigh-in yesterday, as Saturday night was a bit salty. But pumping water, and staying on plan on Sunday paid off.

Have a great day On Plan!

berryblondeboys
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Two carbs days makes 5 pounds on the scale. Fun times. But back on plan today!

Moondance
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Happy Monday!:D

Went a little off plan yesterday at a gathering (not big enough for a party!) for the Bronco game. I kept my intake very light all day, but I'm sure I over-ate chips and guacamole as well as pistachio's! Scale says up one pound, but I'm guessing it's water from the salt...I was at 187 for the previous 3 days (which means no loss for the week), so I'm going with 187. Hope I see some loss this week!

I have another rant, but I'll save it for the bottom of the post.

BBB: Rotten carbs! Stay OP today!

Italiannie: Girls night out sounds like fun! Years ago we used to go once a month...dinner and a movie. Don't know what happened. I guess we all got too busy.

Lucinda: Wow...900 calories? I don't know how you do that! Why so low?

Diana: Hi! Hope you had a nice weekend!

Mamakat: Congrats on the loss! Imagine what it will be when you finally do hit the loo!

qtkitty: You're doing a great job modifying recipes and examining food to discover their content and how you can make adjustments. You really should have good long term results! Keep up the good work!

Morrigan & MzJuicyD: Welcome to 3FC!

Jim: WTG staying on track!

Larry: You too...glad to see the scale moving in the right direction!

Now for my rant. Two years ago my company forced everyone to a new medical insurance plan. In short...we pay more out of pocket for each visit. The first year our company put money in an account for you that the insurance company can draw from to pay deductibles. When it's gone, you pay. The second year they started a program called "Heathmiles". You sign up, they give you a pedometer with a USB cable that ties into the computer (and their website) and records your steps. You earn money to go into that account based on your steps. What they didn't make clear was it became the only way you could add money to the account. I didn't do it and ended up paying quite a bit of cash to see a couple of doctors. So I decided to sign up this year. I've got my pedometer (which I might add is one of the crappier ones I've ever seen. The shape is horrible and is constantly knocked off my pants. The buttons are in terrible places and if you grab the thing wrong, you reset to zero, and I don't believe it accurately counts steps.). I did more reading and see that any day I record more than 7999 steps, I get 20 points. I haven't figured out how points translate to dollars in my account. Anyway...the thing that really makes me mad is that I'm forced to tolerate this awful pedometer, I have to remember to download the data at least twice a week, and if I'm unable to reach their magic number, I get nothing for the effort. I work for a very large corporation...and this is the best they can do for me? God help me if I ever get really sick or injured. The medical costs will bankrupt us!

OK...done ranting.

Have a great day!

shishkeberry
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Just a quick hello, up 2lb. I'm almost to 60 days smoke free! Just 12 more hours. Oh and awesome, my computer is busted probably so it's back to the old stupid phone for me.

franimal
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Love this thread - great idea!

My goal is to keep to 1500 calories or less, and keep it healthy.

Breakfast: Special K, 1% milk and a banana - 376

Lunch: Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli over salad greens - 302

Snack: Chobani pineapple yogurt and a cup or so of fresh fruit - 193

Leaves me over 600 for dinner later!!

:-)

mamakat
01-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

franimal :welcome:

moondance that is the craziest thing I ever heard. Seems a bit on the bizarre side, what about people who can't walk? You can cheat the system too, by strapping the pedometer to your leg and bounce it like mad, I do that with my car at red lights :p

berry glad to hear you are back on plan, how did today go?

shish congrats on the 60 days, two months, right, that's great.

lucinda :welcome:

Diana hope the bloat floated away.

Saw doctor (shrink) today. He's upping both meds. So now he said, side affects could be...last one being diarrhea. This is the first time in my life, I got excited for that side affect :rofl: He didn't seem awfully concerned about the migraine and constipation as Celiac's will do that to you if you eat gluten :p Gee thanks doc :D In five days, I go for blood work. I love being me :D

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy evening!

MzJuicyD
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great day! My day was long but productive. I'm still counting calories and have been doing great! Today I turned down brownies, chocolate mousse, AND lazagna! I LOVE chocolate mousse but it felt great to turn those things down lol. There's ALWAYS junk food at the library BUT everyday I pack my own healthy snacks for when I get hungry before lunch time lol. Trying to stay ahead lol.

I just made dinner and now I'm heading to my cousins' house to workout with them on the Kinect. Since i cannot go to the gym as often, I try to find new and fun ways of working out!

qtkitty
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Morning Weight 386.6

Breakfast
1 Jumbo Pumpkin Muffin 270
Banana150
Sub Total 420

Snack
Tangerine 45

Lunch
Salad (fills 4 cup Tupperware container)
1/2c Manwich Meat Veg 165
2 Tbsp Newman’s own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette 45
1/4c Greek Sour Cream 79
4 cherry tomatoes 12
Artisan Lettuce 19
Iceberg Lettuce 16
Sub Total 335

Dinner
3oz Turkey Kielbasa 135
½ c Sauerkraut 14
1 c Green Beans 80
Sub Total 229

Dessert
Plain Greek Yogurt 140
1 Tbsp Oatmeal 19
Sm Apple 53
1 tsp Brown Sugar 11
Cinnamon
Sub Total 223

Daily Total 1252
Water 60

Moondance~ Thank You .. I am trying hard. I like to eat and I like flavors, and I strongly believe that I should be able to eat yummy food. And even better my dd will eat better if I am eating better. She is already very open to different foods, especially raw veggies. She is the only child I know that will sneak bites of any raw veg ( cucumber, potato, onion, green pepper, ect) in the bowl that’s cut up.

It sounds like the pedometer points for healthcare is a gimmick. If you walk more and get the points then therefore will be healthier and not need the healthcare. If you do not walk you do not get the points and they do not loose money.

Can you some how rig the pedometer so you can’t press the reset button? Like taping a little piece of plastic over it?

Franimal~ Yum that lunch sounds good!

ilovemo
01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Decent day..

Breakfast - warm steak greek salad(lol salads for breakfast, ik) 300 calories

Lunch - Chicken sandwich (500) 1 piece of sweet french toast (200)

Snack- Milk tea ( 100 ) , 2 soy crisps (20) , 90 cal snickers bar (90)

Dinner- Tandoori chicken w/naan (1 piece each) (500)

~ 1610

cyndismith
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Hi everybody - I've been looking for the right place to find online support for weight loss, and I've seen some truly dedicated folks in this forum... THAT'S the kind of people I want to be around and emulate! Thanks to all of you for posting to share your struggles and successes. I'm on my way, and I'm changing my lifestyle in so many positive ways...

Best wishes for everybody - here we go!!

Starting weight - 288
Last weigh in - 277
Today's weigh in - 274.5

Weight lost this week: 2.5 lbs!! :carrot:

Right on track... I'm shooting for a minimum of 1.5 lbs per week.

<I guess I can't post my fun little weight loss tracker ticker yet? need 25 posts before I can include it in my message... But anyway, imagine a cute little weight-loss ticker here.>

qtkitty
01-09-2012, 10:06 PM
cyndismith~ welcome *s* ... 25 posts seems like a lot now, but stick around and they add up quick. BTW congrats on being 2.5 lbs down way to go!!

ilovemo~ Inquiring minds want to know ( aka me *lol*) .... whats a warm steak greek salad?? It sounds goood

berryblondeboys
01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I had a great on food plan day. Yay! Ate around 1400 calories and only 85 net carbs. Yay me! I wasn't even craving them! Let's hope that stays that way!

Going to bed early again tonight. Good sleep is crucial. CRUCIAL for me and staying on plan. Guess who had a lot of sleeplessness during the holidays? Mwah!

Diana3271
01-09-2012, 10:44 PM

I started having an allergic reaction before we went out of town at Christmas. I have been taking Allegra ever since. I feel like I have had a small reaction going on for a while now. Maybe I am just getting frustrated with it and want it to clear up. It does seem to take some time to completely clear up. Since yesterday, my mouth seems a little worse. I ate at Jason's Deli. I looked at their website. I had the turkey wrap and it listed soy as an allergen that's in the turkey wrap. I don't know if it's soy flour or soy lecithin in the wrap, or soybean oil in the ranch dressing they use. I think I am going to avoid Jason's for a while and see what happens. I really enjoy eating at Jason's, but I am still consuming a little of something that I am allergic to. It's not a lot, but just enough to cause a reaction. ETA: I just went back to look at the Jason's site, again. It looks like the soy is in the low fat Ranch dressing. Maybe I can order it without that. I can always bring my own honey mustard. :dizzy:

Mamakat Congrats on the .8! Oh geesh, I hope you don't end up with diarrhea now! Insane! I guess in the beginning you will have some relief! ;)

Italiannie Congrats on the .2! Keep 'em coming! They add up!

Moondance It sounds like the gain was from sodium! This will be a better week for you.

Shishkeberry Congrats on the 60 days! :carrot:

Franimal Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

MsJuicyD Great job on working your plan and getting the workout in where you can.

Qtkitty That's awesome that your DD likes veggies and a variety of foods. My good friend doesn't like veggies and is not open to different foods. It makes it rough for her to go out or eat at a party, etc.

Ilovemo Great job sticking within your calorie range.

Cyndismith Hi and Welcome to the Check-In! :wave: You are off to a great start!

Berry Congrats on the on plan day! Rest well!

Diana3271
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast Beef 400 calories
Turnip greens 100 calories
steamed cabbage 100 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
Crunch Total Resculpt Upper Body w/#5's & #8's
TF HIIT 25
TF Fire 45

qtkitty
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Diana3271~ I know several people like that... which is why my dd has been explosed to everything I could think of even if I do not like it. I have a friend who tells me some of the things she will not eat.. some things she will not eat with other things ... None of it is diet related ... more like she will not eat any tomato sauce with chicken and things like that. I think food is one of those things that is so limitless and can fit anyone ... just have to figure it out for myself again *lol*

ArtyKay
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Hey all! Just a quick drive-by...enjoying reading through the posts and seeing how you guys are doing.

I've had kind of a sloppy weekend, but I think I'm getting back on track. Haven't gained anything, so there's that!

Talk more later....(((hugs))) proud of how you're all doing, and hello to the new faces!

mamakat
01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I can't believe that one little pill can dry me out so drastically! The doctor said I'd get thirstier, but choking on a Levoxyl even after I took my first sip! Ugh, I feel like I've been eating saltines in my sleep :p Usually I wake up with swollen hands and a puffy face, but not today. But I didn't lose anything overnight either. I will definitely have to drink way more than before. Now if it would just help me in other areas :lol:

Diana I think I would go bananas if I had your allergy. You really do your research! It seems like soy is in absolutely everything now a days. I hope your allergy hurries and runs its course and that it's not one of your bad ones. Also I think honey mustard sounds pretty good, I love ranch, but not f/f. I'm not crazy about honey mustard, but it has more punch and flavor (IMO) than f/f ranch. I hope today is a good one for you.

Arty Hi, missed you, haven't seen you in awhile. Glad you're back on track.

qtkitty My youngest is like that also. She's eating steak and veg since 1. When I was pg with her I was on Atkins and when I was pg with my son, I ate every carb known to man (McD's choc shake every day). Now she's a carnivore and he's a sugar addict. It took us a long time to get meat into him. It's always good to start early.

Darn it, this page doesn't give me the posts from others. I won't remember who said what...sorry.

:welcome: to the new person, who has lost week the first week, good job. Love the spot where you said your ticker will be. Post lots and you'll have it in no time :)

MzJuicy what do you do on Kinects? Not even sure how you spell that. All I know about is the animal thingy (aren't I up on all the computer/latest craze lingo). Good for you for bringing in your own snacks.

Berry how did you sleep?

OK that's all I can remember. Today is Tues, which of course I hate. I need to get some laundry done and I've got a whole chapter that needs to be fine tuned a bit and put into the computer. I wrote a few days ago, that's how far behind I am in that.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave: Let's make it a great one! :carrot:

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 151.4 (TTOM)
Up: .6

I'll be back later for some personals. :coffee2:

shishkeberry
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Hip Hip hooray! Here I am. I did not slip up, crash down pig out lash out or derail myself. I did it. I will not weigh myself b/c for me the scale is pointless.
why? you ask, well maybe it's being post menopause but that darn scale is a stingy lover and won't budge from his position. Okay fine, I'll work around that. I have stayed with in my 900 caloreis per day limit the whole week. Kiss me hard with an open mouth. ooops, too much info right?

:welcome: My goodness, 900 calories is so low! Do you have any reason to be eating that little?

Now for my rant. Two years ago my company forced everyone to a new medical insurance plan. In short...we pay more out of pocket for each visit. The first year our company put money in an account for you that the insurance company can draw from to pay deductibles. When it's gone, you pay. The second year they started a program called "Heathmiles". You sign up, they give you a pedometer with a USB cable that ties into the computer (and their website) and records your steps. You earn money to go into that account based on your steps. What they didn't make clear was it became the only way you could add money to the account. I didn't do it and ended up paying quite a bit of cash to see a couple of doctors. So I decided to sign up this year. I've got my pedometer (which I might add is one of the crappier ones I've ever seen. The shape is horrible and is constantly knocked off my pants. The buttons are in terrible places and if you grab the thing wrong, you reset to zero, and I don't believe it accurately counts steps.). I did more reading and see that any day I record more than 7999 steps, I get 20 points. I haven't figured out how points translate to dollars in my account. Anyway...the thing that really makes me mad is that I'm forced to tolerate this awful pedometer, I have to remember to download the data at least twice a week, and if I'm unable to reach their magic number, I get nothing for the effort. I work for a very large corporation...and this is the best they can do for me? God help me if I ever get really sick or injured. The medical costs will bankrupt us!

That sounds awful! Like another PP said (can't remember who), I would totally cheat and just bounce the pedometer. The pedometer is cheating you, right? Get it back!

Love this thread - great idea!

My goal is to keep to 1500 calories or less, and keep it healthy.

Breakfast: Special K, 1% milk and a banana - 376

Lunch: Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli over salad greens - 302

Snack: Chobani pineapple yogurt and a cup or so of fresh fruit - 193

Leaves me over 600 for dinner later!!

:-)

:welcome: What did you have for dinner?

Saw doctor (shrink) today. He's upping both meds. So now he said, side affects could be...last one being diarrhea. This is the first time in my life, I got excited for that side affect :rofl: He didn't seem awfully concerned about the migraine and constipation as Celiac's will do that to you if you eat gluten :p Gee thanks doc :D In five days, I go for blood work. I love being me :D

I hope upping your meds does something good for you. Wouldn't it be nice if the side effects from the meds and the gluten cancelled each other out and you had a regular BM?

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great day! My day was long but productive. I'm still counting calories and have been doing great! Today I turned down brownies, chocolate mousse, AND lazagna! I LOVE chocolate mousse but it felt great to turn those things down lol. There's ALWAYS junk food at the library BUT everyday I pack my own healthy snacks for when I get hungry before lunch time lol. Trying to stay ahead lol.

I just made dinner and now I'm heading to my cousins' house to workout with them on the Kinect. Since i cannot go to the gym as often, I try to find new and fun ways of working out!

MzJuicy! I just noticed that you were back! Good job on turning down all those yummies. I don't know if I could have done the same when it comes to chocolate mousse. I love that stuff! :T

Moondance~ Thank You .. I am trying hard. I like to eat and I like flavors, and I strongly believe that I should be able to eat yummy food. And even better my dd will eat better if I am eating better. She is already very open to different foods, especially raw veggies. She is the only child I know that will sneak bites of any raw veg ( cucumber, potato, onion, green pepper, ect) in the bowl that’s cut up.

That's one of the benefits of this for me, as well. My son has been eating more veggies lately. He still won't eat broccoli or cauliflower, though. So on nights when we have that for dinner, I cut up some bell peppers for him. He could eat a mixing bowl full of them if we had that much.

Hi everybody - I've been looking for the right place to find online support for weight loss, and I've seen some truly dedicated folks in this forum... THAT'S the kind of people I want to be around and emulate! Thanks to all of you for posting to share your struggles and successes. I'm on my way, and I'm changing my lifestyle in so many positive ways...

Best wishes for everybody - here we go!!

:welcome:

I started having an allergic reaction before we went out of town at Christmas. I have been taking Allegra ever since. I feel like I have had a small reaction going on for a while now. Maybe I am just getting frustrated with it and want it to clear up. It does seem to take some time to completely clear up. Since yesterday, my mouth seems a little worse. I ate at Jason's Deli. I looked at their website. I had the turkey wrap and it listed soy as an allergen that's in the turkey wrap. I don't know if it's soy flour or soy lecithin in the wrap, or soybean oil in the ranch dressing they use. I think I am going to avoid Jason's for a while and see what happens. I really enjoy eating at Jason's, but I am still consuming a little of something that I am allergic to. It's not a lot, but just enough to cause a reaction. ETA: I just went back to look at the Jason's site, again. It looks like the soy is in the low fat Ranch dressing. Maybe I can order it without that. I can always bring my own honey mustard. :dizzy:

That must be awful having so many allergy mysteries. I can't imagine. I'm glad it was just in the dressing, though. I was going to suggest bringing your own dressing but you beat me to it! :lol:

As for me, I have a new low today. 225! I'm so close to a new bead for my bracelet. I haven't been able to add to it since November? Was it really that long ago that I hit 60lb lost? My goodness. Ah well.

I had two dreams last night that I had a cigarette and they woke me up. The first one was a nightmare because of smoking. I was so angry with myself when I woke up until I realized it was a dream. The second one was a nightmare as well, but for a different reason. I dreamed that I was stuck on a cruise ship during a hurricane. I smoked because I thought we were all going to die anyway. But then later the captain of the ship was driving the boat down a highway...what? :lol: Haha, I don't know, it was crazy.

Have a great day, everyone!

BuffJim
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
"The second one was a nightmare as well, but for a different reason. I dreamed that I was stuck on a cruise ship during a hurricane. I smoked because I thought we were all going to die anyway. But then later the captain of the ship was driving the boat down a highway...what? Haha, I don't know, it was crazy."

LOL Shishkeberry. I love my weird dreams. I'm about due for one my recurring tornado dreams.

I had a very good day eating yesterday. I'm not counting calories yet, but trying to avoid sweets, beer, white grains, and overeating. Still dealing with a couple of effects from my sprained knee last week. The pain pills slowed down my system - if you know what I mean - and it hasn't returned to normal yet, and I haven't taken any painkillers since Saturday. Plus the back is sore, probably from favoring the knee when I walk. Hope to get the gym for an easy workout tonight. Have a great day everyone:D

berryblondeboys
01-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Morning all! Down 3.2 pounds on the scale this morning. Scale is still sky high, butnim feeling good and strong now about it all. And no cravings!!! Yay!

Was supposed to go to yoga, but now I have to take my car in. I WILL do aerobics in my basement today though!

Larry H
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I love my weird dreams. I'm about due for one my recurring tornado dreams.

BuffJim I thought maybe you would dream about the blizzard of 77 :D

I suffered through that one by reading about it while sitting on the beach in Honolulu Hawaii. I was in the US Navy at that time stationed in Hawaii :D:D As a Western New York native I was thinking darn I missed all the fun. :D:D

Larry

BuffJim
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
"BuffJim I thought maybe you would dream about the blizzard of 77

I suffered through that one by reading about it while sitting on the beach in Honolulu Hawaii. I was in the US Navy at that time stationed in Hawaii As a Western New York native I was thinking darn I missed all the fun."

That Blizzard was awesome. I was 13, and have never seen anything approaching those sights and sounds since. Seeing cars perched into snow drifts 5 feet in the air was surreal. My Dad almost died of exposure when he abandoned his car and had to walk to a building that he couldn't see because everything was white. If he wandered into the field he may have frozen to death. But he made it, and got home 3 days later. There have been storms since then, but nothing of that scale.

Can't wait for another.

Moondance
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Happy Tuesday! :D

Hope everyone is doing ok. I lost the water weight and am back to 187. Sure hope to see 186 by Monday. Otherwise, busy-busy at work, and busy-busy at home. Not a lot of downtime.

On that note...no time for personals today. Hope you all stay OP. If you're struggling, remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels! ;) Get in your daily exercise, :exercise: drink your water, and find something to laugh at. :lol:

Have a super day!

Larry H
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
franimal - Welcome "neighbor" this is a great site and this is a great thread. I am also following a 1500 Calorie plan.

qtkitty - Great job keeping your calorie count under control.

ilovemo - One of these days I am going to try Tandoori chicken. Is it spicy? I love spicy foods.

KaylaChristine - Hi

Melissa - Way to go on the 3.2 pounds lost!!

happyday - Hi

Kede - Hi

mamakat - I also am drying out from something. I wake up at night with zero saliva in my mouth. I sleep with a CPAP machine with a humidifier but I am still so dry like I ahve been crossing the Sahara Desert without water.

Healthhappy - Welcome

shishkeberry - Way to go on that new low

Moondance - That is the strangest insurance plan I ever heard of.

ItsMyTurn - Hi

Italiannie - Your post cracked me up "Saturday night was a bit salty" I started thinking of a TV weatherman saying something like it will be cloudy with a chance of salt.

Diana3271 - Wow another allergy problem!! So sorry to hear that. Did you ever ask an allergist whether you could be desensitized?

MzJuicyD - Great job turning down brownies, chocolate mousse, AND lazagna!

cyndismith - Welcome, Glad you joined us.

ArtyKay - Not gaining anything is a victory in my book. Way to go!!

lucindaarrowspark - Congrats on staying on plan!!

I just came back from a 6 mile bicycle ride through the Florida countryside. That is up a mile more today. :carrot:

I did not weigh today, I will tommorrow.

Yesterday was on plan and my sodium was finally on plan. 1079 calories and 1120 mg sodium. I tried Miracle Noodles for the first time last night. I followed all directions for rinsing them prior to heating and I used a small amount of olive oil with garlic powder, pepper and salt free canned mushrooms. They were really great!!:D:D I can't believe that these noodles have zero calories. I will definitely be having them again in the future.

Larry,

Italiannie
01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Welcome Newbies! This is a very friendly place to be.
On the run today. I'll read the posts later.
Have a great day On Plan, everyone!

Yesterday 191.2
Today 190.6 (-.6)
Valentine Goal 179

ItsMyTurn
01-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Morrigan - Yes, we have grass. Quite a change from where I used to live (Maine) in winter... we keep grass green here and been in 70's last week and high 60's this week (though in our neighboring city it's 70 today). Love the weather here

Diana - The economy isn't crap like it was a few years back, it's slowly coming back. I will say though, there seems to be a constant "roll" of jobs - people don't want to seem to hold still for long... almost like people are stir crazy if they were out of a job before. We had a ton of closings happen leading to the worst about 3 yrs ago... since we have been seeing places slowly open and houses actually being built in our town :)

Moondance - We have a healthy lifestyles program at my work too, but we record our activity and nutrition on a website. If you earn so many points (which can be translated from minutes exercised or a set amount of steps equals 1 pt) in a month, we get monies added to our HSA card (or on your paycheck if not in the HSA/HRA program). I like how ours works though, as we are able to also contribute through our paycheck; we set the amount taken out each month at the open enrollment time. I sure hope you find your program to be better when used to it, though I have to tell you... to be forced to wear equipment I couldn't chose from, would irritate me

Mamakat - Hope you are remembering to drink :)

Lucinda - Did a doctor put you on such a low calorie diet? I ask out of concern, not criticism. That's not a healthy amount of calories; especially if not monitored by a doctor... but... again, please know it's not knocking you at all... more concern and curiosity

Shish - Congrats on the new low! Awesome job!

Jim - Sorry to hear about the sprain still lingering in effects. It's amazing the difference a few changes at a time in our lives can make on this journey...that's how I started... a couple changes at a time; forming new habits and just added to them after a bit :)

Larry - Hi!!!! I have heard of the miracle noodles, but still haven't tried them, glad you like them though. Also happy to hear your sodium was on the mark! Great job!

I will post about me in a bit, wanted to get personals out of the way :)

ItsMyTurn
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
As for me - been on target. Nutrition end has been good, fitting in the fitness and holding steady there too! Feels good to have things working out. Got painting, mowing the lawn, and some fitness in this weekend...Got home late last night so no fitness, but today I will be on schedule so going to go out and do some :) Wednesday I am staying late at work, so looks like 2 days off this week from it, but that's a whole lot better than all the days off due to pain :D I am loving life as far as how I feel lately, so fitting in as much as possible and not wasting a second of my days! Hope everyone has an awesome day!!!!

Moondance
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
:D I am loving life as far as how I feel lately, so fitting in as much as possible and not wasting a second of my days!

Once again, a beautiful attitude! You are such an inspiration to me. I'm so happy for you and your continued success. :hug:

ItsMyTurn
01-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Moondance - you sure do make me smile :) Thank you for that! I think I learned young with all we deal with, not to take a second for granted... yet, life is (as it is for all people) whatever we make of it - why not make it great? :D P.S. I think you are pretty cool too! ;)

KaylaChristine
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone has been doing well :)

I finally purchased a new scale, since the old one quit working. This one measures body fat as well. My body fat percentage is 39.5%, could be worse I suppose. I' going to focus more on getting lean, watching my inches and my body fat. The pounds will follow if I do that. I'm currently trying to accomplish an hour of working out each day, split up into a 20 minute workout and a 40 minute workout.

Diana3271
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Shishkeberry Congrats on the new low!

BuffJim Keep working those little steps! Congrats on the on plan day!

Berry Congrats on the 3.2 pounds and no cravings! Did you get that workout in?

Moondance Hi :wave: I hope you had a great day!

Larry I had allergy testing done, 50-60 foods. Everything turned out negative. The Dr. is hoping it's a phase from the weight loss/hormones. His suggestion was to take Allegra every day. I think the desensitizing works well with respiratory allergies. On top of that, mine is unknown. I'm just very special. ;)

Italiannie Great job on the .6.

Itsmyturn Yes, a very inspiring post, indeed. Thank you very much. :hug: I hope had an awesome day, too.

Diana3271
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Total Approx 1340 Calories + :coffee: I ate a little less today because I had an extra cup of coffee this morning. I don't have a definite calorie count on my coffee, so I'll just do it like this. ;)

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
1000 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 60

berryblondeboys
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Diana - are younp sure you count your veggies right? I've been meaning to ask you that for awhile. 200 calories for steamed broccoli would mean about 5 cups of broccoli. Yesterday you had greens, cabbage and broccoli for 300 calories which would mean eating about 8-9 cups of those. I just worry that maybe your calorie count is way lower than you are estimating. Or, like you have said, you do have a big appetite.

I love veggies, but I can hardly imagine eating 8-9 cups of steamed veggies... With no sauce or olive oil to give it some satiating quality and flavor. I'm envious that you can eat them just steamed.

berryblondeboys
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
And no, didn't get the workout in. I had to take my car into the shop. Already signed up for a double class tomorrow though and today was a good day.... No cravings and right on target for calories.

Diana3271
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Diana - are younp sure you count your veggies right? I've been meaning to ask you that for awhile. 200 calories for steamed broccoli would mean about 5 cups of broccoli. Yesterday you had greens, cabbage and broccoli for 300 calories which would mean eating about 8-9 cups of those. I just worry that maybe your calorie count is way lower than you are estimating. Or, like you have said, you do have a big appetite.

I love veggies, but I can hardly imagine eating 8-9 cups of steamed veggies... With no sauce or olive oil to give it some satiating quality and flavor. I'm envious that you can eat them just steamed.

Berry I don't count my veggies in the AM. I eat close to a pound of veggies at that time. I vary what veggies I eat. I don't want to have to weigh and measure them every time. Also, I don't always have a lot of control over the veggies at dinner. If they are already prepared, I'm sure there is some butter or seasoning meat. I just estimate 100 calories to make sure I am covered. Sometimes I will have a bite of something on DH's plate. I don't normally count that. I just see it as averaging with the meal. I have loosely checked my veggies. I eat 1-2 pounds a day. Again, it varies. Sometimes it more, sometimes it's less. When I have a whole small spaghetti squash, I count it as 100 calories, but it's more than that. :dunno: I don't even have a scale. So it's just how I do things. I think it averages out.

Outback has their steamed broccoli listed as 109
Red Lobster has their broccoli listed as 45 calories
LongHorn's has their Fresh Seasonal Vegetables listed at 90
O Charley's has their Steamed Broccoli listed at 140 calories
Ruby Tuesday has their broccoli listed at 53 calories
Cracker Barrel has their turnip greens listed at 100 calories

ETA: I do have a big appetite, though. ;) And love veggies. Like I mentioned about the spaghetti squash. I eat a whole small one myself.

ETA: I also forgot to mention that I measure my feta cheese, egg whites, and juice in the AM, though. On the weekends, when I have rice, pasta, or potatoes, I use the measuring cups for these foods, too. I'm not as worried about veggies as I am about the higher calorie foods. Again :dunno: I guess I loosely do things. :lol: Don't want to make myself too crazy over it.

qtkitty
01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Morning Weight 385.8

Breakfast
English Muffin 100
1/4c Egg Beaters 30
1/4c Veg 36
1 slice Roast Beef 35
Deli Mustard 5
Banana 150
Sub Total 356

Lunch
1 Tortilla 130
1/4c Manwich Meat Veg 83
1/2c Veg 72
1 Tbsp Salsa 5
1/4 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese 30
Cumin & Chipotle red pepper powder
2 Tbsp Greek Sour Cream 40
4 cherry tomatoes chopped 12
Sub Total 372

Dinner
1/2c Manwich Meat Veg 165 ( left over night )
1 Tbsp Newman’s own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette 23
1/8c Greek Sour Cream 39
Artisan Lettuce 19
Iceberg Lettuce 16
Sub Total 262

Dessert
1/4 c Cookies N Cream Ice Cream 80
1/4 c Plain Greek Yogurt 35
1 Regular Pumpkin Muffin 133
Sub Total 248

Daily Total 1238

Water 130 oz !! Oh yeah …. I put a couple of drops of Real Lemon in each 24 oz cup of water .. Maybe a teaspoon in all the water I drank today… it cut that “odd” taste from the water that I was not used to and I was able to drink a LOT more with out feeling bleck.

Oh I did a chart at lily slim and noticed that my weight tends to spike then drop lower. Is this normal for anyone else? For now I have all of my information from December 19 to today to pull from and try to see what is and what is not working. And what could have caused those spikes up …. Baaad spikes up

http://swtc.lilyslim.com/WPmNbdw.png (http://lilyslim.com)

Mamakat~ Ranch has a lot of calories ( cause I looked when I made 100 calorie packets to take with me to work ) However the Ranch dry mix packets are 5 calories . I mixed that with sour cream for a dip. If I wanted it thinner I added milk. Pre-made dips are similar. I do not know about fat or anything, but Ranch actually has mayonnaise in it which is why its hefty on calories.

When I was preg with dd wanted veggies. Absolutely craved them. Green beans in particular ( No big surprise that is her fav veg). Meat didn’t make me sick, but just was not interested at all in it. I ate a LOT of eggs and drank milk to make up for the protein. A sweet old lady down the road noticed I wasn’t eating much meat and gave me whey powder and asi(sp?) juice to try ( she bought it by the case because she swore by it).

shishkeberry~ Have you tried some Mrs. Dash or Molly McButter on the Broccoli? My dd isn’t thrilled by fresh broccoli, since it does tend to have a bitter edge to it I guess, but steamed plain that would be her second favorite veg *lol* He sounds like a little bundle of ornery like my little one. If we grate carrot she has to have some. She will eat a regular size carrot grated up. She is 3 so whole carrot still can be a little tricky to get completely chewed at times although she does and has had carrots whole.

On the dream front wow I hardly ever remember my dreams… are you on chantix?

Berry~ Way to loose the water weight woohoo!!

Larry Jim~ Now you guys Hush!! … that S word is a baaaad word *lol* Luckily the La Nina is wiping out the snow this year… I am glad not to feel like mole people like we did last year. I am not partial to snow over my head … to hard to shovel. Drat … now I said it *sighs*

KaylaChristine~ Ooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhh .. Nice new scale …I am sure there will be times where the pounds will not change, but the body fat and inches will since muscle weighs more than fat.

Diana3271~ I agree with Berry… the Veggies could be low … but of course if your eating out they like to put who knows what on the veg .. even steamed veg ( which is frustrating ). Then again I have read books that categorize all veg and fruit as 1 cup being around 100 calories, which is a gross misrepresentation.

qtkitty
01-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Diana3271~ You caught Berry's post before I got my novel in there...It also depends on the cook and how heavy handed they are with butter on their veg.... YUM .... Spaghetti squash… I have a spaghetti, acorn and butternut squash waiting to be roasted downstairs. I think I know what’s for dinner tomorrow !! YUM

berryblondeboys
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Diana ok... Seems you got a handle on it and there is more to it than appears. I was worried that maybe you errrr actually eating like 1000 calories a day and doing all that working out!

Ok... Now I have a stress headache. Anyone want a 15 year old brilliant 10th grader with severe ADHD who is doing stupid things with homework in school? Today... I found out he missed (another) assignment and when I caught him on it, he had actually done part of it, but opted to get a 0/100 instead of a 20/100. Thee 20 points would have gotten him a higher letter grade as he's on the cusp. AND he gets an extra day to do homework because of his ADHD, but he didn't want to do the homework, so he skipped it. Can you imagine how frustrated I am right now? Darn kid! He Is way more work than my autistic son!

Kede
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Hey Good people, It seems everyone is having a good week, so that's awesome. Here's some positive vibes so we will all stay on track. I was a bit under the weather, the last two days. I've been pumping vitamens and iron, lol, Ok not iron, but I did get my workouts in. Read an article that said exercising is good for stuffy noses? lol. Anyway, have a grand week. I've been doing good, been carbing up a lot due to the cold, We shall see the difference it has made. Here's hoping it's positive, since I've been drinking a lot of fluids.
Thanks for the love and support all. Larry, hiya back and love the quote btw. Talk to you good people later
kesha

qtkitty
01-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Berry~ *lol* Teenagers in general are ..... how shall I put it nicely .... frustrating ... yes yes that is it. I had stepkids years ago and one had Adhd and oddly enough If she had a snack of peanut butter and if she wanted just a teeny cup of coffee before doing her lessons she would do great. You still had to keep up on her homework, but their school had planners that the teachers had to sign off on. So it kept her on track

berryblondeboys
01-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Berry~ *lol* Teenagers in general are ..... how shall I put it nicely .... frustrating ... yes yes that is it. I had stepkids years ago and one had Adhd and oddly enough If she had a snack of peanut butter and if she wanted just a teeny cup of coffee before doing her lessons she would do great. You still had to keep up on her homework, but their school had planners that the teachers had to sign off on. So it kept her on track

I wish they're ea something for teachers to sign off on, but so far, haven't gotten that approved. Working on changing his 504 plan now. A little peeved they guidance counselor didn't contact me today.

qtkitty
01-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Kede~ I am sorry your feeling under the weather.. i hope things turn out good for you *s*

qtkitty
01-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Berry~ Maybe you could ask the teachers individually if they could email you a list of the homework he should have? Or if they have a website to check homework assignments on?

berryblondeboys
01-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Berry~ Maybe you could ask the teachers individually if they could email you a list of the homework he should have? Or if they have a website to check homework assignments on?

That is what I'm working on, but it needs to be in his 504 so I don't have to deal with this every freaking year. And unbelievably, the don't have such a thing online for his school. It's voluntary for teacheres to keep a website with assignments and none of his do. Last years several teacheres had month long assignment sheets, not this year, so it is causing huge troubles.

qtkitty
01-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Berry~ I guess 504 is similar to what they call IEP around here. Some teachers are more sensitive to different needs of kids and others unfortunately think that kids should all be cookie cutter and the same plans will suit all. Those good teachers when you find them are like gold and connect with kids amazingly well.

I know I spent the better part of a year every friday going to my stepdd's school and speaking with the teachers. One teacher in particular rubbed the stepdd the wrong way and she would not do lessons in that class. It was getting her on a roll that was hard then she was fine and needed only the occational nudge.

It sounds to me like your a good mom. It is exausting keeping up with them, but letting them see they can focus in and do it is a great reward. I hope your able to get the 504 in place it should help.

mamakat
01-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Berry Going through posts that I couldn't get to yesterday and just read how frustrated you are with 15 yo. I sort of laughed, because I soooooo know. I just found out my lovely son has decided not to do any of his work. I ask every day "did you do it?" He comes back with "yes I did." I go on line and found out he's actually back to sitting in certain (boring) classes and not even lifting a pencil. He's done this now since Nov. We have a system (offered by the Government) that sets it up where he gets a little extra help, meaning if he stops doing his work, I should be notified! Sometimes, I feel like I have to ghost him in order to find out the truth. Funny part, he's not dishonest except with that question. The untruth just rolls off his tongue and fools me every time. We have been working hard to repair this damage. And what is with ADHD that makes them do 1/2 the assignment but take the stinking 0. He had several of those in his backpack. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH.

mamakat
01-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Berry I see you have the 504, I have to go back every year to get all our "needs" updated and this year things were a bit different as he sees a shrink and takes zoloft on top of his adhd meds. And we do have the planners, but if kid doesn't bring it up, the stinking teachers don't bother to ask, but on their side...they work with a lot of kids and no doubt they have stress headaches like you and I :)

Diana I do a lot of rounding off too. I can't always get the calories for certain things so I get close to it. A lot of things will have bread product of some kind, I just count it as if I ate the bread, chances are it will even out in the end. I love steamed veggies, but I like them with olive oil and mmm cheese on anything is down right yummy :)

kede yep, exercise helps with a stuffy nose. But the downside is, if you're sick you don't want to move let alone exercise. Sometimes when DH or I are stuffy we walk around the room with a little wave of the arm. My nose actually runs when I work out :p

buffjim/larry it must be a guy to actually "like" snow. I moved here after 96's blizzard and all my neighbors (at the time, we have turn over like crazy on this street) asked why'd we move from sunny Phx to this place. Then we didn't even see snow for a few years. Last year we got hit by 3 huge storms in a row. DH's back went out and DS is slooooooooooow in shoveling. So I got out and did it (which is an absolute no-no) I chalked it up as exercise, did not tell any of my doctors (sshhhh, still haven't) and hoped I'd be walking in at the very least a week :) I kept my posture proper and screamed terribly at my insensitive neighbor, who should have moved his truck for plowing and helped me with shoveling (young healthy man in his 30s, a roofer to boot). Guess what we got this year....a snow blower and now it will never snow again :rofl:

OK, I was away yesterday and couldn't keep up with posts and I can't see all of them on this page. I stink at remembering who said what, so I'll do more personals later. I read them all this morning, I really really did.

Yesterday, I think has been one of my best days as far as being a part of life. I'm not really good at it (like ItsMyTurn) I'm the odd duck out when it comes to 'living it up'. But, I was a normal mom yesterday which I'm very pleased about. I didn't take the kids to school, but I did take a shower and brush my teeth...apparently I've been neglecting that and sadly I don't know for how long. I did at least 8 loads of laundry (still have more to go), I wrote and rewrote (handwritten) a chapter and starting working the next. I went to lovely New Haven and confessed I hadn't been taking care of myself and admitted I have no idea why, just really don't want to be apart of it all. Then when I got home...I danced and danced and danced. First off my size 16 were falling off (literally) and I was happy ( I am never happy, content or get by, but never happy). I never dance, but my 80s music had me boogying. DD said, "could you stop showing off that you can dance better than me". That's a sentence I never thought I'd hear said to me :rofl: Then I showed her how to "walk like an egyptian" with the bangles :D

I didn't go to my room til 11.30 as I stayed up to do laundry. I even ate downstairs (first time since Sept). Of course I still ate alone, but it's a start right? Oh and I also pushed off of walls and floors whenever I thought of it, I did squats and crunches. Who knows maybe I'm getting my groove back. At least I didn't wear dirty clothes and my stained up p.j. sweater to the therapist again :lol: that's actually embarrassing when you think about it. Now I know I was off last week.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 151.2 (TTOM)
Down: .2

berryblondeboys
01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone, scale is down again almost anotherr 2 pounds as I work off the water weight from the holidays.

And about 504s. I'm not quite sure why ther is an iep and a 504 but basically, i got this explanation from the middle school guidance counselor about it. My son isn't elligible of an iep because he is not behind academically with his disorder. He is actually in all Gifted and talented and honors and in one class AP. he is extremely bright. However, he has severe ADHD which is a huge handicap, but not in the same way he would need an iep for. Currently his 504 plan states if he needs an extra day to do homework, he is allowed the extra day. I'm trying to get that changed so that he gets from the teachers the assignments in a written form by email or by a signed assignment book.

And you know, I used to think "oh the teacheres have so many students, asking them to do something special for my son is too much". I don't think that way any more. They are trying to make my son do things as if he didn't have a severe disability. By not giving him an assignment that he can use, is like asking a blind person to read the chalkboard. We have tried everything when it comes to getting him to write down his assignment. For 3 years. It simply doesn't work.

In 8th grade they put in his 504 to have his notebook signed, but it it was his responsibility to remember to get the teacher's signatures. Well, if he could remember to do that, why would he be have problems remembering to write down his assignments.... It's thinking like that that drives me crazy! If he can't remember one thing, he's not going to remember two things!

Larry H
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning all

Yesterday's food --- 780 calories and only 1027 mg of sodium. Lunch was 3 oz lean roast beef. Homemade low fat mashed potatoes, and boiled green beans. Dinner was a huge vegetable salad with zero cal Walden Farms ranch dressing.

I am down another 2 pounds today to 216 lbs :D:carrot::D

No chance for my bicycle ride this morning. It is raining and they are predicting thunderstorms. I don't believe that it would be smart to be outside on a metal bicycle while the lightning is hitting all around you. Maybe the weather will clear later in the day.

Larry,

mamakat
01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
quote from Berry
In 8th grade they put in his 504 to have his notebook signed, but it it was his responsibility to remember to get the teacher's signatures. Well, if he could remember to do that, why would he be have problems remembering to write down his assignments.... It's thinking like that that drives me crazy! If he can't remember one thing, he's not going to remember two things!

Oh my gosh, YES!!!!! Exactly how I feel.

Moondance
01-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Happy Wednesday! :D

Hopefully it's a happy Wednesday for you. Not me...it's snowing and blowing this morning. The drive in to work took twice as long. TTOM came yesterday...early. I've been regular for decades, so early doesn't sit well with me. I'm cranky, crampy, and craving chocolate . I don't think I'll last all day at work but at least I made it in. :(

Hope you have a great day!

Italiannie
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I've had some really good days On Plan. Weather in the Northeast has been cooperating, so I'm able to do lots of walking. The sun is shining right now and the sky is very blue - so unlike January, but I'm not complaining!

Larry- You're burnin' up the place! Getting great results.

BBB - My sons were torture too. They did exactly what you're describing, and they didn't have the obstacles that your son has. Hang in there. It may get better, but it may not. I found they just swapped one nightmarish behavior for another. So...... Save yourself!!!!!!:hug: You'll have to laugh in between bouts of pulling your hair out.

Mamakat - Sounds like you're on the upswing. Keep going. Hope your good feelings continue.

Diana - Hello, you're like a rock!

Happy Day Everyone! Keep going!

Yesterday 190.6
Today 189.6
Valentine Goal 179

KaylaChristine
01-11-2012, 03:05 PM
My weight loss has been stalling a bit and I'm trying not to let it get me down.

I think I have an idea why though....I'm not eating enough calories! I generally have around 1200 calories a day, with a zig-zag day here or there w/ higher calories. But now that I'm actually working out more frequently, I think I might need to eat a bit more. Maybe 1400 calories. What do you guys think?

Some days I might even be eating too little. I need to start posting my food everyday.

Breakfast:
Yogurt - 150 calories

Lunch:
1 can tuna - 100 calories
Light mayo - 45 calories
Wheat thins - 160 calories
Yogurt - 150 calories

Dinner:
Turkey burger - 115 calories
2 slices cheese - 140 calories
2 eggs - 140 calories

Ugh, I knew it! That up there is a common thing I eat a week. It only adds up to 1000 calories. I HAVE been eating too little. WAY too little. That's what I get for adding everything up in my head. But my stomach can't handle much :( Maybe I could try adding nuts to my diet?? Any other foods you guys can suggest to help me hit at least 1400 calories? I'm yogurt obsessed, so I guess I could increase my daily yogurt amount to hit the calories?

ItsMyTurn
01-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok... I have to chime in on the school and ADHD subject.
First off, the 504 is a medical accomodations plan and the IEP is for learning disabilities/fallen behind accomodations plan. Depending on the intellect measurement of someone with a behavioral diagnosis, they could be categorized under either one ;) Hope that clarifies that for you

Second... as a daughter of someone with ADHD, a person herself with ADHD, and a mother of 2 ADHD's... I can explain from my own (and family, lol) perspective why the work isn't turned in if interested. It's real hard to keep the focus to complete anything... it truly is.... but... to turn in only a portion makes it "look" like I had issues... well my pride isn't going to allow that. I already stood out in class due to 'this' or 'that'... I wasn't going to make it look like I was the 'struggling' child too. So... don't turn it in... yet... don't want to get a ripping from the parents, so lie, cover it up. I am not saying it's right... just perspective from someone who will be honest with you

Anywho... great job everyone with getting things done and staying accountable :)

Diana - I am betting that the different places cook things different, which is why such a variety of calorie readings :)

Mamakat - I so loved the Bangles!!! Teaching her to walk like an Egyptian is an education that is vital, yet no school offers, lol

Have a great day all

Diana3271
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Mamakat I'm glad yesterday was a great day for you! I like me some "walk like an Egyptian", too. ;) I like listening to the 80's music channel on cable.

Berry Great job on the 2 pounds!

Larry Great job on the 2 pounds!

Moondance You had a rough start today. I hope things got better for you.

Italiannie Congrats on that pound!

KaylaChristine Are you eating fat free or low fat yogurt? You could probably eat regular yogurt to get some extra calories. Also, some nuts, nut butter, or avocado.

Itsmyturn I hope you had a great day!

Diana3271
01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Total Approx 1290 Calories + :coffee:

I'm thinking today is my last day of TTOM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
Grilled Chicken tenderloins 170 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories
Dark chocolate 80 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (lower body (w/#10's) and cardio premix)
TF HIIT 25

berryblondeboys
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Just a quick jump in before I take a bath, but I did two express classes back to back tonight - a strength class (hubby did that one with me) and a step class (45 minutes instead of 60) and it felt great and tomorrow we really are doing a yoga class. Hubby is doing it with me.

I am so lucky that he has always been mostly healthy and my getting more fit got him to wanting to be more fit. I see so many women struggling with unsupportive partners and I realize how much harder that makes things.

ilovemo
01-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Good day to do.. busting sugar outta my diet n its goin well.

Breakfast -

fruit medley - 150

Lunch -

Salad w/tilapia - 350

Snack-

English tea w/ whole milk - 200
Small handful of trail mix- 35
some apples/banana chunks - 50

Dinner-
4 mini egg frittatas - 150
sauce - 50
Half turkey sandwich which consisted of
1 slice of bread - 80
half slice of cheese - 45
1 tbs of mayo - 100
3 slices of turkey- 70

Todays total = 1280

shishkeberry
01-12-2012, 12:37 AM
I binged last night. :( Luckily I'm not paying for it too badly. I'm only up 2lb. I lost count of how much I ate but I think I went over my calories in one sitting. I'm going to do better tomorrow. Tomorrow for dinner we're having roast chicken, butternut squash bake, and maybe some rice.

qtkitty
01-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I did not post yesterday because I fell asleep when I got home Ugh

Yesterday Morning Weight 384.6

Breakfast
1 Regular Pumpkin Muffin 133
Sub Total

Lunch
1 thin sandwich bun 100
3 slices Roast beef 105
Worcestershire 5
Green beans ( w garlic and balsamic vinaigrette ) 85
Sub total 295

Dinner
Lrg Yukon Gold Potato 200
½ Manwich Meat Veg 165
1/8c Greek Sour Cream 39
1c Green Beans 40
Few Chicken McBites and French fries 200
Sub Total 644

Daily Total 1072

Water 120 w/ lemon

I did light work out while standing at work *lol* I was trying anything to move around while having to stand for an hour and a half. I also did the stairs and walking to my car which I park far away another 15. I also went and got water for the water cooler and some other lifting another 15. Hey got to count the movement somehow right.

Diana3271
01-12-2012, 08:10 AM

I'm hoping that yesterday was my last day of TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1290 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 149.8
Down: 1.4 pounds

mamakat
01-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

The scale is being a super meanie to me...I'm not going to play with it for the rest of the day :p Today is day three, downstairs doing laundry...these people wear too many clothes :( I smartened up (only took three days) and brought my laptop downstairs. I have to get my stuff into the computer, the notebook is nearly full and the pages are falling out because I take it everywhere.

I am tired today, wondering if I'm coming down from a high. Normally I take naps during the day, but I've been glued to the downstairs doing this laundry and listening to Pandora (loving the 80s). My DS actually came down and asked, "is that what you do all day, sit there and stare at the TV/computer?" I nearly went ballistic. He has clean clothes for the first time since who knows when and he asked that? He felt bad after I pointed that out. Funny he never asked that when I was upstairs in bed just staring at Pandora :lol: I can sit for hours if the music is good. :)

qtkitty That was most definitely exercise, at least in my book. Not too long ago, I couldn't climb stairs, now I go that route every chance I get. I also park my car farther away. When I started doing this, my entire family thought I was crazy...not too long ago, we were talking about getting me a handicap sticker. I love that I can walk now without worry and I do it every chance I get :)

Shish what happened? Why did you binge? Today is a new day, take a deep breath and tell yourself, you can do it...because you know you can :)

Berry I agree, it's great when the spouse is supportive. It wasn't too long ago my DH wasn't "getting it" because he thought the food he was serving was good for me, but he was still feeding me large amounts. When I would leave half, he would pout. But now that he too, is trying to be more healthy, he gets it. So awesome you and Sven workout together. :)

Diana Good morning :wave:

I'm tired so I'm hoping the coffee will work soon. I made a second pot of half and half. Since upping the Lithium, I'm noticing the "shakes" but not enough to be concerned. I don't want to add to that with too much caffeine so I'll cut out the diet soda and drink lemonade after my second pot :)

I'm off to do laundry, yay (not :p)

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Larry H
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Diana - Congrats on the 1.4 lb loss:carrot:

I am down yet another pound today to 215!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yesterday was a good day although my sodium was a little high. My DW and I ate both lunch and dinner out. I had the "Island Tilapia Dinner" at Perkins for lunch 420 calories. For dinner we went to a Marine Corps League Spaghetti dinner fund raiser 684 calories and I had two small Mandarin Oranges for an evening snack 80 calories. Total for yesterday 1214 calories and 1805 mg sodium.
:D:carrot::D

It rained most of the day and I did not get my bicycle ride in.:(
Some days it seems like If it wern't for wrestling with my conscience...I'd get no exercise at all. ;)

Larry

berryblondeboys
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Ok... I have to chime in on the school and ADHD subject.
First off, the 504 is a medical accomodations plan and the IEP is for learning disabilities/fallen behind accomodations plan. Depending on the intellect measurement of someone with a behavioral diagnosis, they could be categorized under either one ;) Hope that clarifies that for you

Second... as a daughter of someone with ADHD, a person herself with ADHD, and a mother of 2 ADHD's... I can explain from my own (and family, lol) perspective why the work isn't turned in if interested. It's real hard to keep the focus to complete anything... it truly is.... but... to turn in only a portion makes it "look" like I had issues... well my pride isn't going to allow that. I already stood out in class due to 'this' or 'that'... I wasn't going to make it look like I was the 'struggling' child too. So... don't turn it in... yet... don't want to get a ripping from the parents, so lie, cover it up. I am not saying it's right... just perspective from someone who will be honest with you

Thanks for the clarification. I stil don't quite see the need for two separate things, except the 504 doesn't seem to need to be reviewed like the iep and was way easier to get. We were told that he doesn't qualify for an iep because he was not academically behind by two years.

Yet my younger son isn't academically behind either, yet he has an iep. (though he is two or more years behind in social language and behavior, but not behind academically). It's all very confusing.

And I do like hearing from others with ADHD. Because I can't get into my son's brain to figure it out.... Same with how my autistic son thinks. I just wish I could get it!

We had a big talk a couple nights ago about how not talking with teachers and not confronting his problem was actually making what he is trying to avoid, worse. Teacheres think worse of him by his nonchalant attitude than if he were to say, "I forgot". I think a big problems that people don't truly accept ADHD as a true disorder. They don't getnhowna person with ADHD,s brain works differently. You can't see the disability like when someone is deaf or blind, but it's there and can be just as disability ting without the proper aids. No one questions a blind peson's need for adapted books or notes or a deaf person,s need for adapted lectures, but adapting to help with organizing a person with ADHD is seen as "he needs to take responsibility for himself". It's so aggravating.

berryblondeboys
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
And for me, down anotherr 1.4 today. Back outnof the 180s and hopefully forever!

Italiannie
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone!
On the run today.

Yesterday 189.6
Today 189.8 +.2
Valentine Goal 179

thesarabear
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I am a new member, decided to join in on this ;)

Been staying around 1600 kcal/day this week. Jog (on treadmill) tues., and wed., around 3.7 miles each time. Did weight training as well. Weighed myself at 163.9 yesterday, a 1.1 lb loss since last week :)

Still...I have not been doing so well with my goal of cutting back salt. I love salty food! :( But I drink lots of water so it seems that counteracts it to some extent.

Plan to jog again today, maybe over 4 miles. :D

ItsMyTurn
01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Melissa - The reason they have both plans in place (which only happened about 7 yrs ago) is due to funding differences. Due to disabilities act, the public schools are required to accomodate a child with disabilities, here's the kicker - if they meet "quota" for IEP kids, as long as they pay for transport, they can have the child attend a different school (total BS to me)... but for a physical disability, as long as the school has physical accomodations in place, then they must keep them. Funding goes to the school varying ways depending on the plan the child has. The delay for an IEP can be in any 'field' so to speak. It can be developmental, academic, speech, etc. For a 504, typical things that are accomodated aren't as "behavioral" as an IEP tends to be - it's more...if a child is late with an assignment they aren't penalized, or in my daughter's case... if she is late for class, she isn't penalized... etc. The 504 takes less time to get into place as long as you have doctor diagnosis and know what the child needs off the bat... the IEP... takes a bit longer.
As for ADHD perspective... seriously, anytime... just ask. I am not ashamed, nor am I in denial about it... and have learned a TON of coping mechanisms out of mere survival - back in my day, unless you were breaking the law, they didn't diagnose you. People would say "she is so bright, just don't know why she can't pay attention and shut up in class", :lol: I was punished a LOT for getting unsatisfactory grades in "Conduct" (talking) when I was in young grades, :lol: Even later in life it effects me - and who I am around. I think my mom and my husband are very strong people for being able to stay married to my father (he is the other ADHD'er) and me :rofl: Our brains DO work differently, we have to learn differently...things are not all black and white to us..and the worst thing that I have found... we tend to over-think things too much. Mix it up and we are good to go though, LOL!

Great job on the losses everyone, and for keeping on plan

Shish - sorry to hear of the binge...but today will be your recovery ;)

I got out for my walk/jog last night and felt great!!!! Woke up this morning to TOM, so here comes my 2 wk stall... but I have at least gotten used to the patterns :)

Moondance
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Happy Thursday! :D

I'm better today, though still not 100%. TTOM can move on at anytime...I won't miss it!

ItsMyTurn: I'm glad you've recognized the stall pattern with TTOM. Keeps the disappointment at bay!

thesarabear: Welcome to 3FC!

italiannie: You've been a busy gal lately. Great job staying OP!

Berry: "Back outnof the 180s and hopefully forever!" You sure snuck that in quietly! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Larry: Congrats on the loss! You're getting closer and closer to the 100's!

Mamakat: Your constant battle with the laundry makes me laugh! I'm like that, only with dishes. Why can't these people eat on paper plates??? Good thing my DH does the dishes 90% of the time!

Diana: Hope you're having a great day!

qtkitty: I agree...got to count the movement any way you can! I'm such a desk jockey--I can go 2 or 3 hours without getting up. Bad, I know. But that's my reality. Great job on squeezing movement in where you can!

shishk: So...figured out why you binged? What will you do to prevent it next time? It's all a learning process, isn't it! Don't let it get you down, but use it as a stepping stone towards success.

Ilovemo: Nice job staying on plan! Keep up the good work!

ilovemo
01-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I feel like if i write down what im GOING to eat in advance I wont spiral outta control.. so here we go

Breakfast- cheerios w/whole milk- 1 cup each - 300 cals

Lunch - Turkey sandwich
2 slices honey wheat bread - 160 cals
3 slices of turkey - 70 cals
1 slice of pepper jack- 90
hot peppers - 37
1tbs mayo- 100

Snack - 8 almonds - 70 cals

Dinner - Indian food - 500 calories

Total calorie intake - 1327

ItsMyTurn
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Moondance - It really does help with the disappointment. I flinch for a moment, but I am good, :lol:

ILovemo - If it helps to write it down, do it. Essentially anyone who "plans" their day does the same thing :) Have a super day!!!!!

Diana3271
01-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Ilovemo Great menu yesterday and planning for today.

Shishkeberry Sorry about the binge. I hope today is better for you. :hug:

Qtkitty All movement adds up. Great job on making the decision to make the most of it in your day.

Mamakat Did you get that laundry done? How about working on those chapters in your book?

Larry You are dropping that water weight now! Great job!

Berry Congrats on the 1.4 pounds!

Italiannie Hi :wave:

Thesarabear Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave:

Itsmyturn Great job on the walk/run!

Moondance I'm glad you had a better start to your day. Yesterday was a rough one.

Diana3271
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Top Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
cottage cheese w/pumpkin butter 100 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 60
10 Minute Total Body Workout from Mitch Gaylord's Perfect 10 Workout with #6 weighted ball

indigal
01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Hiya~ I'm back to 3fc after a long time.. (Inclosing my link to introductions below...)

Found this thread for the first time.

I'm not sure what eating program I'm going to follow... One thing for sure is I need to be accountable for my actions to keep me on track.

So here it goes:

2 things I'm working on accomplishing every day,

Firstly, is an activity.. be it a walk a round the block, bike ride, dancing, or yoga.. JUST DO IT!!! (Hmm... did not mean to sound like a "Shoe" commercial :p)

Secondly, Is being mindful of my food choices, & make good choices.. & Learning portions of foods!

So for today: I went on a 30 minute bike ride that kicked my butt, but afterwards I felt great! :carrot:

My meal choices were pretty good as well.

Breakfast: 1/2 Museli, 1/2 banana & 1 cup low fat soy-milk.
snack after bike ride: 1 apple
Lunch: Salad (lettuce, 4 baby carrots, 3 radishes, 4 green olives, 1TBS grated Monterrey Jack cheese w/ 2tsp low fat dressing) & a slice of 9 grain toast with 2TBS Hummus.
afternoon snack: toast with tsp butter
Dinner: 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup squash, 1/2 cup couscous, & salad (lettuce, 1/3 tomato, 1/3 avocado with 2tsp low-fat dressing

Kitty

Link to my introduction:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/250388-back-after-long-time.html

Diana3271
01-12-2012, 10:31 PM
indigal (Kitty) Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

mamakat
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Good Evening,

I am almost done with the laundry! If I'm a good girl and come downstairs for day 4, I can finish. I did 4 loads today, I biked for 30 mins and sat around hating the two chapters I wrote this past week, so no Diana, I didn't get them put into the computer. Blah and the weekend is here in a day.

Tomorrow is another one of those days this mom is going to be saying "awww". My little man who suffered heart break two months ago is going on his first date. OMG and they chose the art museum! They are both artists, what a wonderful idea...except it's in NEW HAVEN and I'm the chauffeur. Two days in one week, I must really love him :) SO sometime tomorrow, I have to clean out my car.

Welcome to the new comers. I will try to do personals tomorrow. My brain is mush, I think I'll go to bed early. I hope you all have a wonderful night.

qtkitty
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
1/12/12

Morning Weight 384.4

Breakfast ( people were sniffing my office haha cause it smelled good )
English Muffin 100
2/3c Egg Beaters 80
1/4c Veg 35
1 Slice Roast Beef 35
Subtotal 250

Lunch
1 Whole Wheat Wrap 130
2 slices Roast Beef 70
1/4c Frozen Strawberries 13
1 large Handful Artesian Lettuce 10
1/2 Tbsp balsamic Vinaigrette 11
Subtotal 234

Dinner
4 oz. Chicken Tenders ( boneless skinless) 110
1c. Steam Fresh Broccoli florets 30
1/8c. Philadelphia Italian Herb Cooking Cream 55
1c.Jasmin Rice 205
Apple Crisp 500
Sub Total 900

Daily Total 1384

Water 150oz w/ lemon .. Supposedly for my weight I should drink 153.6 ( almost 7 of my 24 oz cup ) today I drank 6 at work but I do not think I peed to very much so I am expecting a gain tommorrow.

I was invited to go on lunch time walks this spring once it warms up. I know a little screwy to be excited, but I am. It is uphill to, watch me have to pee … that would be HORIBLE!!

Mamakat~ While I was standing I was lifting my arms straight up from my side until they were level with my shoulders, then I kicked out my leg and pointed my foot a little below my knee ( was trying not to be tooooo noticeable that I was sitting there exercising *lol*) then as I brought it back I flexed my foot and once my leg was even with my other leg would bend my knee , then I stood on my tippy toes and went back down, then lifted my leg to the side and a hair across my other leg then out, pretended to walk in place, also did some back stretches and shoulder crunches. It doesn’t sound like much but I did 100 or more of each.

Hey every little bit helps … Wow congratulations and an accomplishment being able to walk really helps in a lot of aspects. Oh and btw what is this your writing … curiosity got me.

Thesarabear~ welcome .. Sounds like your doing really well…. If Salt is your goal keep working on it maybe your body will start craving something else? Hey wishful thinking *g*

Moondance~ *lol* I could sit and not move for quite a long time before, but since I am trying to drink more water … *lol* its every hour I am running to the potty *lol*

Diana3271~ thanks

Indigal~ welcome back *s*

berryblondeboys
01-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Just a quick haloo to say I survived yoga, but now I am sooooooo sore for strength training yesterday, that I hobbled to bed, yowzers!

Bodystep tomorrow! If I can hobble there.

mamakat
01-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

After I posted last night that I would go to bed early I saw that it was 10 :p After getting ready for bed, meds and p.j. it was still after 11 by the time I actually settled down. I fell right to sleep though and all the way through the night. So that was good. :)

qtkitty I think that's great you can do those exercises. If you sit at a desk there are some you can do while working, for the core. I'm sore from doing push ups the other day and I got this kink in my neck the opposite place I usually get, so on the good side it's not causing headaches (YAY) but it hurts like mad and I can't turn my head...it's hard driving like that. I thought the exercise would help relieve stress, gonna have to do a little bit more :lol:

I'm going for my second novel. Well third, but the first one doesn't count :) It's a twist on Cinderella. And right now the Prince has just proposed (he's not a real prince...just a very rich man...I just like calling him the prince :)). Cindi has accepted but that's as far as I got...so next chapter is crucial, not just fluff to get the reader from one spot to the next. I'm up to 95k and still have a ways to go. Gotta make life tough for the couple then have the Cindi rescue the prince...it must be done this way in order for the two to ever survive :rofl: When I'm writing they become real people, even the kids and DH call them by name :lol:

I wrote a tween story about four legged dragons (they have names, but I can't remember now some starting with a Wy?) anyway, I wanted my son to be the illustrator, he's just not confident enough in his work, although he is amazing, comes from a long line of artists (I was skipped). So I laid that story aside in hopes together we could go back to it. It would have sold better had he been a tween though :lol: Marketing, gotta love it.

Anyway, I plan to stay upstairs and work on it. Downstairs I can't do anything but laundry and stare at Pandora and now DH put a Ewan McGregor screen saver on. I am drawn to it like bees to honey. OMG, Ewan McGregor is like yummy cake, I can never get enough. :D I'm safe in my room, there's only one pic of him and it's hidden from my view. Ewan is the only human picture we have displayed in our house. Other framed picts, photos, drawing (daughters art) are hung, but of no people. Isn't that funny? We took them down years ago to remodel and never put them back. Ewan is an honored family member :rofl:

Diana3271
01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend! :carrot:

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 149.4
Down: .4

Qtkitty It will be great for you to be walking during lunch, when it gets warmer. Walking is one of the best exercises! I don't think it's screwy to be excited about it at all! The other day, I jumped rope for the first time since we were out of town. Totally loved it! It felt so good to be jumping rope. I see you had Jasmine at dinner. Have you ever had Basmati rice?

Berry Congrats on those workouts! :carrot:

Mamakat I'm glad you didn't struggle with sleep last night. I have been sleeping well, too. Now that I have mentioned it, something crazy is going to happen. ;) I hope the trip to New Haven goes well for you and the young daters. :D

berryblondeboys
01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Morning all! Still superb sore! Yikes! Maybe step today will work out some of the stiffness, but right now I'm reallllllllly feeling it!

Down another .6 on the scale. That makes 7.2 lost in 5 days of the 14.4 I gained in 17 days. Halfway there. It will start coming off slower now as I'm sure I did gain some considerable fat over the holidays too, but glad to see more than 7 pounds in just a few days evaporate!

Italiannie
01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi Everyone!
Berry - You're incredible with those work-outs. Keep it up!
Mamakat - Yes Ewan McGregor is a cutie, indeed.

Yesterday: 189.8
Today: 189.8
Valentine Goal: 179

I need to work really hard this weekend to get to 187 by Tuesday - my official weekly weigh-in day - if I'm going to make my Valentine goal. Averaging about 2lbs a week.

Have a great day!

Moondance
01-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Happy Friday! :D

So glad it's the weekend. I just wish my usual weekend activity was something more than cleaning house. After 20+ years of it, I'm tired. You see, really I'm kind of a slob, so it takes a couple of days to pick up after myself after a work week. Add in 2 kids (one who is also a slob like me) and a DH, and the fact that I was never taught how to clean (and keep things clean) and it's a continuous job. DH won't let me hire a housekeeper, even for occasional visits. He doesn't trust them not to steal from us and thinks our two teenage girls should pick up the slack. Yea, right. Anyway, down a couple pounds this morning! WooHoo! Even with homemade stir-fry for dinner last night. I guess the salt wasn't too bad. The trick is keeping it there until Monday, my official weigh in.

Italiannie: I have every confidence you can lose the weight you need to for Tuesday. Stay true to yourself, your commitments, and your goals!

Diana: Have a great day today. You're such an inspiration with your commitment to maintaining. Thank you for that!

Mamakat: You've given me a new idea about decorating my home! Get rid of all the family pictures and replace them with attractive celebrities. lol! Keep up with that laundry and keep on writing!

Berry: Sorry you're so sore! Glad to hear all that extra weight is falling off!

qtkitty: I would be excited to have walking plans too. I'm happy for you!

indigal: Welcome back to 3FC!

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend!

qtkitty
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Morning weight 383.4 OHHHHH YEAH … gonna break that 370 .. BWAhhahahahaha

Mamakat~ Ahhh Romance novel … I love historical romances.. I always wanted to write one, but I do not have the will power I would say. Where my desk is I cannot stretch my legs out, so it definitely limits me. I hate having my legs bent all day long. BTW glad your head doesn’t hurt.

Diana~ Yes… I love Basmati rice.. that is the other type we have. We do not have normal rice around here *lol* … I also love love love wild rice.. it has a lot of fiber because of the black jacket and a lot of calories to go along with *lol*.

Moondance ~ I am super excited .. it should help

ilovemo
01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Alright.. so todayyy

Breakfast -
2 eggs sunny side up - 200
2 slices of toast with butter spray - 170

Snack-
one piece of organic pineapple (yum whole foods samples!) - 20
1 chip w/a little bit of guacamole- 50

Lunch -
Tandoori chicken wrap from whole foods - 380
air popped chips (8) - 80
half strip of all natural blueberry strip - 30

Snack - trail mix bar..

only a couple hundred calories left for dinner =)

KaylaChristine
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Yesterday: 159
Today: 160.8

Probably TMI (especially for the men lol) but I just switched to a cheaper "sister" drug to my birth control a few weeks ago and it looks like I'm starting my period early. I started last night, and I should be starting this coming Wednesday (my TOM is like clock-work since being on the pill). Hopefully I won't be off and on it for the next 2 weeks like I was when I first started taking them -.-

Breakfast:
Poptart - 200 calories - I don't even like them really, I'll blame it on TOM LOL.

Snack:
Yogurt - 150 calories

Lunch:
Subway - 420 calories
2 Hard boiled eggs - 140 calories

Snack:
1 hard boiled egg - 70 calories

Currently at 980 calories...trying to strive for 1400-1500 calories. So I'm going to try and have a dinner that's around 500 calories. Not sure what just yet.

1ladiesjournal
01-13-2012, 08:22 PM
My first day:
I am starting this challenge today (sortof)...
Weight today is 177.8
Haven't thought of a goal but working on it. I am going to be slow at this, but going to do more excercise change that food change.
I have a problem and would like to admit it to you all: I'm not hungry (actually very full) but want to eat because I like food. I like to eat, it is just good. There I said it!
Hopefully I can overcome this part of my malfunction!
Thanks for all of the help!

qtkitty
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
1ladiesjournal~ Is it the sensation of chewing the food.. or is it the filling?

qtkitty
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
1/13/12 Friday the 13th ahhhh *lol*

Morning Weight 383.4

Breakfast
1 1/2c. Coffee 6
2 Scoops Big train Mocha 180
English Muffin 100
3/4 Egg Beaters 90( Phew trying to use them up )
1/4c Veg 35
Deli Brown mustard 5
Sub Total 416 ( OMG my tummy is so full and I have not gotten to the coffee yet ... ugh ... lets not do that again )

Lunch
Thin Multi Grain Sandwich Bun 100
2 Slices Roast Beef 70
1 slice Velveeta Cheese 40
handful artesian lettuce 10
deli Brown mustard 5
1c. Grapes 100 ( maybe less then a cup didn't have time to measure this morning)
Sub total 325

Dinner
4oz Ham 185
½ c Scalloped potatoes 120
1c Green Beans 20
½ tangerine 23 ( dd snagged the other half )
1Slice cinnamon raisin bread 80
2 slices Ferrara Dark Chocolate Orange 96
Sub Total 512

Daily Total 1265

Water 126

berryblondeboys
01-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Hopefully tomorrow my legs will not feel like wood and BodyStep will go well. Today was rough, I don't remember the last time I was so sore. How come we can't realize it when we are exercising that we are overdoing it? I totally lost a day on exercise as there was no way today. I was in serious pain!

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM

Are you ready for a rant? :dizzy:

I had a total meltdown today! No, I didn't have a major binge or go off plan. :nono: I pitched a fit and acted like a PITA with my family. We discussed going to a particular restaurant. The last time I went there and their sister restaurant I had an allergic reaction. (keep in mind that I had green beans both times) I didn't want to go to this restaurant. As you know I have been battling an allergic reaction as it is. I have really stepped up and am trying to get rid of all soy. I have been trying to keep my foods as simple as possible. Anyways, I was going to drop my Mom and DH off at the restaurant. I was going to pick up something elsewhere and bring it back to eat with them. I have done this before and explained to the staff that I have a food allergy. Anyways, there was a lot of traffic. DH said "if I were you I wouldn't get back out in that traffic, I would just eat here." Totally pissed me off. I feel like everyone thinks I am a PITA with my food allergy and they just don't understand. It's not like a reaction will go away after a day or two. It takes weeks! This place is a buffet. I ate the smallest piece of baked chicken breast that I could find, a tiny spoon of collard greens and cabbage. I didn't eat enough food, but I was literally scared to eat there. I hate that I was mouthy to everyone all evening and I acted like a brat. But I also feel that I am justified. I should have done what I wanted to do and not worry about what anyone said. They don't see or feel the sores in my mouth. They don't have to deal with gaining 3 pounds for being 100% on plan or not being able to go to the bathroom, etc. Ok, I'm done! Rant over! Hopefully I won't have a reaction. This can kinda be like a test, I guess. I didn't eat the green beans. We'll see what happens. I'm still pissed, though. Probably more so at myself. :(

Berry Great job on the .6 and for getting right back to your plan. You will be back down in no time.

Moondance Congrats on your weigh in. Could everyone be assigned a choir and maybe that would help with the housework?

Qtkitty What is the difference in the flavor between Jasmine and Basmati rice?

Ilovemo I hope you had a great day!

Itsmyturn How are things going for you?

KaylaChristine The only pills that I didn't have problems like that with were Yasmin/Yaz.

1ladiesjournal Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: We all have different food issues. Work on things one step at a time.

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Total Approx 1240 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (500 Calories)
Chicken breast 300 calories
collard greens 100 calories
cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Lift (Powersculpt workout) w/#8's
TF HIIT 25
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I didn't wake up to a swollen face. Maybe I'm not going to have a reaction from last night. Although, it normally takes 24 hours to show up. Previously, at this particular place I reacted very quickly.

Weigh In: 148
Down: 1.4 pounds

berryblondeboys
01-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Are you ready for a rant? :dizzy:

I had a total meltdown today! No, I didn't have a major binge or go off plan. :nono: I pitched a fit and acted like a PITA with my family. We discussed going to a particular restaurant. The last time I went there and their sister restaurant I had an allergic reaction. (keep in mind that I had green beans both times) I didn't want to go to this restaurant. As you know I have been battling an allergic reaction as it is. I have really stepped up and am trying to get rid of all soy. I have been trying to keep my foods as simple as possible. Anyways, I was going to drop my Mom and DH off at the restaurant. I was going to pick up something elsewhere and bring it back to eat with them. I have done this before and explained to the staff that I have a food allergy. Anyways, there was a lot of traffic. DH said "if I were you I wouldn't get back out in that traffic, I would just eat here." Totally pissed me off. I feel like everyone thinks I am a PITA with my food allergy and they just don't understand. It's not like a reaction will go away after a day or two. It takes weeks! This place is a buffet. I ate the smallest piece of baked chicken breast that I could find, a tiny spoon of collard greens and cabbage. I didn't eat enough food, but I was literally scared to eat there. I hate that I was mouthy to everyone all evening and I acted like a brat. But I also feel that I am justified. I should have done what I wanted to do and not worry about what anyone said. They don't see or feel the sores in my mouth. They don't have to deal with gaining 3 pounds for being 100% on plan or not being able to go to the bathroom, etc. Ok, I'm done! Rant over! Hopefully I won't have a reaction. This can kinda be like a test, I guess. I didn't eat the green beans. We'll see what happens. I'm still pissed, though. Probably more so at myself. :(

Diana, I am so sorry that they were being so unsupportive. That totally sucks. There are so many restaurants. Why do they insist on this one? Ugh! And I suppose somewhere in their head they arer thinking, "allergist couldn't find an allerrgy, so you're not allergic". And as, you are right, they can't feel the sores or feel how it makes you feel, they don't get it. Which totally bites. Fingers crossed that you don't get a reaction this time.

Eta: next time, order and pick up your food at the other restaurant before dropping them off at their buffet. Why do you need to wait any longer and be inconvenienced because of their insistence on this particular restaurant. That is the price "they" have to pay for your inability to eat there.

Italiannie
01-14-2012, 09:46 AM
No change. UGGGGGG!

Yesterday: 189.8
Today: 189.8
Valentine Goal: 179

Diana - So glad you didn't have a reaction. Maybe you dodged a bullet this time.
Berry - Keep up your workouts. You're an inspiration.
1ladiesjournal - Welcome!!! - If I ate only when I was hungry..... well, you know the rest. You're among people who "get it"

Have a great day On Plan, everyone!
Go PACKERS!

berryblondeboys
01-14-2012, 09:46 AM
For me, I'm down another .8 on the scale. Glad to be getting rid of all the water and whatever else I gained during the holidays, that makes me down down 8 pounds in 6 days!

Off to BodyStep in about an hour. I'm still sore, but not miserably sore now.

qtkitty
01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Diana3271~ I argree with Berry, if they are pushing to go to the resturant that makes you sick, get your food first and then you can all go in together. It may not be an allergy that a doctor can find, but medicine doesn't know everything sometimes they can not explain. If it hurts you sincerly and they have no empathy you shouldn't have to eat a place that makes you uncomfortable.

There is a difference, but different brands are also different in flavor. Jasmine Rice is sticker than the basmati rice.

berryblondeboys
01-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Diana3271~ I argree with Berry, if they are pushing to go to the resturant that makes you sick, get your food first and then you can all go in together. It may not be an allergy that a doctor can find, but medicine doesn't know everything sometimes they can not explain. If it hurts you sincerly and they have no empathy you shouldn't have to eat a place that makes you uncomfortable.

There is a difference, but different brands are also different in flavor. Jasmine Rice is sticker than the basmati rice.

There is a brown basmati rice too. Basmati (white or brown) is our favorite rice. Though our very favorite is a wild rice and brown rice blend. Though, I don't eat that any more, but the rest of the family does.

mamakat
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana First, I would have rant too, I think you should. Yep, they don't get it because they don't experience it...so give them one they'll remember :) That's wicked Kat's advice. Next time when they say let's go there, they'll remember how PITA you were. LOL you got your point across. Why do they want to take you to a buffet anyway? Buffet implies all you can eat, is that even wise? IDK, I know you have will power, it just seems insensitive especially if you don't like it in the first place. When eating while upset, you get digestion problems...how mean :p

OK second part and this was on the funny side. I'm reading your rant (and loving every minute of it, because I would have done the same thing...but a slight bit more with a touch of embarrassing outburst. It's true, that's me), but the best part Ok, rant done and you slip right into personals. I picture raging Diana then calm Diana saying ok now about your day. LOVE IT!!

And most importantly, I hope you don't have an allergic reaction. But if you do, you can point out to them, you ate clean, but because it was at a buffet, you can never know. People swap utensils all the time and things get slightly touched or mixed. You know your allergy could be like my lactose intolerance. I can eat a tub of ice cream and go on my merry way, but some days I eat just a spoon (this being in the past because I don't eat ice cream anymore) full and be in the bathroom for days. And since you don't know which one causes what and how bad, you can never be sure if just a smidge will affect you. And in a buffet, there are no guarantees. :hug: chalk it up to Friday the 13th.

Berry Sorry to hear about your muscles, but yay that you have gone down in that holiday weight. Once when I was young I did a workout video. I just thought it would be 30mins. After 45, I was screaming when is this jerk going to stop. It was a 90 min. workout. I couldn't move the next day, I was lead. I worked for Target and it was Xmas time and they don't let you off so easy during that time. I hurt so bad (this was long before I even knew I had MD). Hope you feel better soon. I hear stretches are all the rage :)

qtkitty I couldn't sit at a desk for more than an hour. I lose feeling in my legs and my hip goes out. I sit with my laptop glued to my lap (in bed) most days. This week it was downstairs on an icky futon. I like sitting in my car, those seats are wonderful...just hate the steering wheel. Sometimes I sit on a bench, but not for long, talk about plank butt :lol: I can and do write everywhere. I've been writing since 15. I used to ask friends to think up names and a basic character, ask what kind of story they want and write it. It's challenging that way. I like romance (reading and writing) but I never say I'm a romance writer b/c I don't like to be stuck in one genre. I was a part of a community that wanted me to label myself, but I couldn't. I am too open to all the possibilities and now with internet I have knowledge at my fingertips (literally :))

Italiannie no change is better than a change upward. Stay your course, you will see a change soon. :)

1ladies I, too, used to love to eat for the sake of eating. I liked chewing and feeling the different textures and of course tasting all the flavors. I liked swallowing and getting full. I loved to eat and (if you want to say this) I was lucky because I met a feeder, who totally got pleasure in feeding me. But putting those two things together only made me bigger. I also had other food issues that I had to break (ugh those were hard), but it was done. Now I eat to fuel my body. I like what I eat but it's not a necessity anymore. That took a year to overcome and I'll admit I fall back a little every once in awhile and I CRAVE all the time. But when you're determined you're determined :) Baby steps. Make your goals doable so you feel successful. Goal one: drink more water. Goal two: exercise more. Goal three: lose 5lbs in set time (you need to be the judge there). After that you'll find you like making goals, but never make them impossible because you'll start getting down on yourself for not reaching them. Remember to tell yourself every day you are worth this. Good luck, keep posting

OK that was really long...sorry. Yesterday's date was postponed to today. It was super windy and cold so I didn't get to clean Azul. SO that's my goal after coffee. I want to tag along at the museum (I am a addict to any kind of museum. When I was a little girl and got free from those ugly monsters, I'd ride my bike to down town Phoenix and go to museums. They are so filled with lovely things and so peaceful...aww it was nice :D) but I can't do that to my son...how embarrassing right? DD said I shouldn't talk or sing in the car, ugh I'm not sure I can drive like that. It's going to be very hard for me not to say a word or sing and drive into New Haven. But anything for my babies.

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Diana, I am so sorry that they were being so unsupportive. That totally sucks. There are so many restaurants. Why do they insist on this one? Ugh! And I suppose somewhere in their head they arer thinking, "allergist couldn't find an allerrgy, so you're not allergic". And as, you are right, they can't feel the sores or feel how it makes you feel, they don't get it. Which totally bites. Fingers crossed that you don't get a reaction this time.

Eta: next time, order and pick up your food at the other restaurant before dropping them off at their buffet. Why do you need to wait any longer and be inconvenienced because of their insistence on this particular restaurant. That is the price "they" have to pay for your inability to eat there.

Berry Thanks for the support. They are normally pretty supportive of me. I was headed to their restaurant and got stuck in traffic. DH mentioned "why didn't you go get your food first?" I didn't want them to have to wait on me. I should have done what he suggested, but he suggested it after I had already made the turn. I have had a rough time since coming back from vacation. I have had a reaction going on this entire time and it's wearing me out mentally. I will compare myself to an angry pimple. :rofl: This whole week I have been paranoid and stressed because of my reactions. I have felt like I was about to erupt any second. I guess last night I did. The family is normally pretty supportive of me and my situation. One little comment just sent me off last night.

I also think things are a little more difficult because I am undiagnosed. My DH wants me to seek out another Dr. but my Mom disagrees and thinks it would be a waste of money. I don't know if insurance would pay to have the same thing done all over again, anyways.

The bottom line is that I am a lot better than I was a year ago. So, have I eliminated some of the allergen or am I just getting better? :dunno:

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Diana
OK second part and this was on the funny side. I'm reading your rant (and loving every minute of it, because I would have done the same thing...but a slight bit more with a touch of embarrassing outburst. It's true, that's me), but the best part Ok, rant done and you slip right into personals. I picture raging Diana then calm Diana saying ok now about your day. LOVE IT!!

Mamakat LOVE IT! Totally agree! You pointing this out really made me laugh! :rofl: I think this ability comes from being self employed. I have to quickly adjust and move on.

Now something to give Mamakat a big laugh . . . . DH woke up at 2 AM with acid indigestion and diarrhea! He didn't get back to bed until 4 AM! :rofl: You gotta love that one! ;) :D

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Italiannie Thank you. Sometimes the body wants to maintain for a day or two. Hang in there.

Berry Congrats on the .8! :carrot:

Qtkitty Thank you.

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
I forgot to tell you about the final thing that set me off last night. I went to the grocery store. I have always liked grocery shopping and looking at the new stuff available. I was walking down each isle and looking at everything, trying to feel better about things. I finished my shopping and went to check out. The lady running the register asked me if I want to sample this healthy, blah, blah, blah cookie? WHAT?! You actually have the freakin' nerve to ask me if I want a freakin' cookie? So, me and my pity party self told her "no, thank you, I can't have that". I guess I was mumbling because I don't think she heard me. :rofl: She said "I'm sorry that you are having a bad day". :eek: I told her "no, I'm not having a bad day. I have a food allergy and I can't have a cookie. In fact, yes I am actually having a bad day over my food allergy". She said "I am so sorry that you have to deal with that".

I hurried up and got out of there before I freaked out on someone who was trying to be nice to me. ;) Once I got in my car, I realized that I had been in the store for 1 1/2 hours. :yikes: I don't normally feel sorry for myself or have a pity party. I am so used to doing whatever it takes to fix the problem. Yesterday I was like a big pimple getting ready to erupt! :eek: Hopefully I am done with that for a while. :dizzy:

1ladiesjournal
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
@Diana3271 - I know that I am new at this but I do the same thing you do. Go thru the grocery store, when the kids are at school, and just look at stuff. Then I end up buying stuff for me that is fatty, and that I don't need, and not letting the kids have any. Yes this makes me feel good (MY FOOD).

Hopefully I can fix this (my problem)... I happened to see Dr Oz yesterday and saw the Stella Family. They (4 family members) lost 500 pounds by changing the way they eat and shop. They suggest only shop on the outside aisles, that is where the freshest food is. www .stellastyle. com (spaces because I haven't made 25 posts yet and can't add a url, sorry)
I hope this can help you too. I am going shopping tomorrow after church, with my kids, and I am shopping the outside aisle! I will let you know how that works for me.

Well today my weight is 175.8 - most would think "hey you lost 2 pounds". Not really, I fluxuate between 174 and 178 all the time.

Good luck to you all!

berryblondeboys
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
1ladiesjournal you know, I had just been told about the outside aisles of the grocery store and the last two times I wass there I took note of my shopping. Of the last two trips, everything was from the perimeter. I hadn't realized that of my shopping. Now, I can't always go down the perimeter, but even when I go down the aisles, it's to buy pasta, rice, flour/baking supplies and once in awhile, whole grain cereal.

We eat only fresh veggies and fresh meat (not from the frozen aisle) and then things like eggs and milk. However, what else is on the perimeter? Donuts! I don't buy those though!

MustardFan
01-14-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm back after a while...

Not good at keeping up with calorie counting since I've moved countries. Without my meal replacement bars, I am nothing. I've been fitting in gym last week though, but then pulled my ankle the other day and had to rest a bit.

I'm disappointed in myself because I feel that by now, I should have lost the pouch that is my stomach, by now, I could be 10-15 lbs lighter and closer to my goal...but also, I am angry that I can't just eat and live normally like people who weigh less than me and not have to worry that my entire wardrobe might not fit in a month or so.

I hope to find it in me to continue, because if I don't, I know I'll just climb back up to my 180 lbs that seem to be the highest my body lets me gain...the weight where I feel lethargic, unhappy, and still trying to convince myself that I am 'thin'.

I think it was the holidays...and the travel, and everything.I can't say I've binged but I've definitely eaten things that should have set off red flags. Today I bought a chocolate bar. Bad, bad, bad.

Tomorrow is another day! I just wish I knew how to start up again before I gain any weight.

ilovemo
01-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Great day today..

Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal w/2 % milk + 1/2 tsp of PB - 350

Snack - one piece of string cheese - 80 calories

Lunch- Asian chicken lettuce wraps - 250 calories , one bite crab cake- 50 cals

Snack- Snap pea crisps (60 cals), All natural peach yogurt 140 cals

Dinner- All natural pad thai 200 cals, 1 chicken breast 120 calories

Snack- 2 squares of almond + sea salt dark choc. 50 cals

Total = 1300 cals

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
1ladiesjournal Try to make little changes. It's so hard to do everything at one time. Think positive, you lost 2 pounds, now build on that.

MustardFan Hi and Welcome back! The holidays were rough for a lot of us. Get back on track and keep trying. You can do this.

Ilovemo Hi! I hope you had a great day.

Diana3271
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Total Approx 1660 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (405 calories)
Grilled Mahi 135 Calories
Greek Yogurt to make dill sauce and ate balance of yogurt 100 calories
1 package Steamed California blend veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
120 calories
Iced coffee w/cream + sweet 'n low 50 calories

Dinner (890 Calories)
BLT
4 Slices Bacon 240 calories
2 slices whole wheat toast 110 calories
lettuce, tomato, honey mustard 100 calories
She Crab soup 200 calories
1/8 Pepperidge Farm chocolate cake 240 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's Rapidfire: Results (Cardio Explosion Premix) w/weighted gloves

qtkitty
01-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Morning Weight 384.6 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumbles

Breakfast
2 c. Coffee 8
2 Scoops Big train Mocha 180
2 squirts Tiramisu Syrup (ohhhh yeah … I am soooo bad ) 40
2 slices Cinnamon Rasin bread 160
4 Eggs 280
1/4c Veg 35
2 oz Ham 133 ( Finally got to read the nutrient label on this brand of ham way more calories then I thought 170 for 3 oz)

Sub Total 836

Lunch
So did not happen today

Dinner( finally got it at 11:30 pm)
1c Healthy Colors ( the one with cranberries) 70
TGI Friday's Complete Skillet Meals Loaded Potato Skillet With Chicken 230
2 slices of tangerine ( leftover from pip eating) 10
1c Dark Chocolate Almond Milk 120( Not bad tasting)
Sub Total 430

Daily Total 1266

Water 60

I feel like a lil old woman today UGH in general my body hurts everywhere but certain spots really are blisteringly painful… my dd totally thrashed my leg…. I had my feet on her little wooden chair and she ( all 50 lbs of her .. Ok ok ok 49.2lbs she had to weigh herself this morning) jumped from my other thigh where she was standing on my knee of my other leg with her knees. Can we say OUCHIE!!! So today I have one heck of a bruise on my ankle where it smashed into the corner of the chair when she landed. My knee doesn’t hurt , but my back on that side feels like it is in a knot all the way along my spine from half way down my ribcage and over to the side and down to my waist. I showed my dd the bruise on my ankle and told her that is why we do not jump on mommy. My mom was sure I had screwed up my knee because she said it bent crazy, but so far no pain there just everywhere else.

Plus side this morning I was putting on some cocoa butter all over ( trying to keep the skin moisturized.. Don‘t want to look like the saggy baggy elephant) and dd was imitating and run out of places to put lotion and had way to much on her hands still…. Asked if she would like to put some on my back. She was all excited to put lotion on my back. I spent 30 minutes getting half a jar of cocoa butter rubbed( at that point I didn’t care how much she used *lol*) into my back ….ahhhhhh oh yeah. I was sooo sticky after but oh well *LOL* DD then got lotion on her back while she imitated me going ohh ahhh *lol*

I spent 3 hours at the grocery store .. ( bangs my head .. Yeah you read it right 3) came home and opened the fridge and closed it *lol*… then scooted the trashcan over and commenced to throw out .. Uhhh basically most of the stuff in the fridge out. Mom had promised over Christmas to clean it out since she was off. I knew it hadn’t happened. Why hadn’t I done it before I went to the store … uhhhh hope that somehow it would clean itself *lol* Anyway 2 hours later (various interruptions from dd ) I finally got the fridge cleaned out. When I say clean I mean I even went through mom’s cheeses and condiments( which is no touching allowed zone ) *lol* …I swear I could hear that little woman from poltergeist Tangina saying, “This ..[fridge].. is clean.” I put away the groceries and finally got my dinner at 11:30 .. This adventure started at almost 5:30 with me going to the grocery store that is 10 minutes away. It has been a long day. And obviously I am sleepy while writing this because I am rambling on and most likely not making any sort of since. Yes Yes well good night everyone .. Good eating and healthy living tomorrow for all of us yes!?!

Diana3271
01-15-2012, 09:26 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1660 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 147.6
Down: .4

Here's the new check-in for the week. Let's make it a great one! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/250573-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-15-12-a.html

qtkitty
01-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Morning Weight 384.8

Breakfast
2 Regular Pumpkin Muffins Version 2 *lol* 278
2 oz 50/50 Greek Yogurt and Cream Cheese 118
Sub Total 396

Lunch
So did not happen today

Dinner
2 mini Quiche ( Ham & Cheese ) 536
4 Pierogi 213
1/4c Greek Sour Cream 78
2 Reg Pumpkin Muffins V2 278
Sub Total 1105

Daily Total 1501

Water 60 w/ lemon

Still feeling like crud..I slept a good portion of the day.. now the muscles at the base of my thumbs hurt... there has been a cold/flu/virus whatever running around this area that makes your muscles hurt. It doesn't make you the traditional sick with the sniffles, this feels like certain muscles have ben strained and have tendonitis at the same time and the weak ired feeling of the flu everywhere else. No fever or anything though. So strange.

Diana3271
01-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Here's the new check-in for the week. Let's make it a great one! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/250573-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-15-12-a.html