Ideal Protein Diet - What I picked up today :)

View Full Version : What I picked up today :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Today I picked up some stuff for IP tomorrow!

I got:
lots of water!
nature madecalcium magnesium with zinc.
nature made multi for her.
nature made potassium gluconate 550 mg.
omega 3-6-9.
fiber tablets.
eas rtd carb control chocolate fudge drinks.
celery.
cucumbers.

Can you think of anything else I need?
Thanks lovelies :)

NavyMommy
01-07-2012, 07:52 PM
There's no reason you can't do just the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 07:56 PM
There's no reason you can do the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.

For some reason I had it in my head that the bars were one of the restricted items right?

I didn't pick up any because I was thinking that it was a restricted therefore according to the IP papers I needed to wait 2-3 weeks before using them. But if they're not, then I'll run out & buy some tomorrow :)

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Navy mom is correct, and so are you ....they are restricted bars but you are still allowed to have them from the beginning. ONLY ONE per day though :)

NavyMommy
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes the bars are restricted so you can only have 1 per day, but you can have them from day 1. I even found that my losses were better when I had 1 restricted a day, plus it's nice to have something to look forward to (I have mine at lunch).

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Navy mom is correct, and so are you ....they are restricted bars but you are still allowed to have them from the beginning. ONLY ONE per day though :)

Yes the bars are restricted so you can only have 1 per day, but you can have them from day 1. I even found that my losses were better when I had 1 restricted a day, plus it's nice to have something to look forward to (I have mine at lunch).

Oh okay! Thanks so much for filling me in on that! I will definitely have to go out and buy some tomorrow :)

*fingers crossed that I like the EAS shakes* lol

patns
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
There's no reason you can't do just the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.

I notice lots of people are using the Pure Protein bars. i saw Pure Protein bars at costco but they were very large and had a lot of calories. Are those the right ones? Maybe people cut them in half? I did have Adkins Advantage bars, that is not the Adkins bar most people are using and they tasted aweful.

Pat

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I notice lots of people are using the Pure Protein bars. i saw Pure Protein bars at costco but they were very large and had a lot of calories. Are those the right ones? Maybe people cut them in half? I did have Adkins Advantage bars, that is not the Adkins bar most people are using and they tasted aweful.

Pat

The only pure protein bars I've saw have been *average* size, not really too large. Maybe they only sell the average ones in regular grocery stores. There's so many kinds it's crazy to choose from lol.

Has anyone tried the EAS carb control bars? Are those good and a go?

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Pat

There are 2 different sizes BIG and small, its the SMALL ones of course you are to use. I remember mom saying its like 17g of carbs or somewhere around that :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
There are 2 different sizes BIG and small, its the SMALL ones of course you are to use. I remember mom saying its like 17g of carbs or somewhere around that :)

:) thanks for clearing up everything.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:15 PM
When shopping for your bars try to keep them around 17gr of carbs and the lowest sugar you can find. My mom only used the pure protein ones, she did venture out every now and they to get something different but always went back to the pure protein ones. She should be chiming in here pretty soon I am sure but I know she is watching the football game.....lol

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
When shopping for your bars try to keep them around 17gr of carbs and the lowest sugar you can find. My mom only used the pure protein ones, she did venture out every now and they to get something different but always went back to the pure protein ones. She should be chiming in here pretty soon I am sure but I know she is watching the football game.....lol

Is it okay if the bars are lower carbs than that? Or do they HAVE to be that amount?

Haha okay, I will definitely have to check them out. What flavors does everyone recommend? I'm open to any & all :) I've saw a lot of talk about the peanut butter ones.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Is it okay if the bars are lower carbs than that? Or do they HAVE to be that amount?

Haha okay, I will definitely have to check them out. What flavors does everyone recommend? I'm open to any & all :) I've saw a lot of talk about the peanut butter ones.

The IP restricted are around that so that is why I said to try to keep it around there however the new Chocolate chip cookie we have now is 24gr of carbs. I have read where some of the coaches have said that the cookie is not for everyday but to have it every other day. My coach said it ok to have it everyday but I wouldn't, I don't care for it too much though so its ok for me...lol

patns
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
For sure the bars could be lower carb but it is hard to find them any lower. It must be that they only have the big Pure Protein bars were I am looking. It is the same with the Oh Yeah bars. I could only get the large ones and cut them in half. But they are so good I was always conscious of the second half still in the cupboard so once I finished them I didn't buy more. But I am on the look out for the smaller ones of that type too.

Pat

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
The IP restricted are around that so that is why I said to try to keep it around there however the new Chocolate chip cookie we have now is 24gr of carbs. I have read where some of the coaches have said that the cookie is not for everyday but to have it every other day. My coach said it ok to have it everyday but I wouldn't, I don't care for it too much though so its ok for me...lol

lol okay :) sorry for asking so many questions! but i'm glad to have a place to ask these kinds of things :)

so pumped for tomorrow! woo hoo!

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
They can be less carbs. Also don't forget your olive oil and sea salt.

omgzitsmiranda
01-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Buh! I knew I forgot something lol. I will run out first thing tomorrow and grab some!

Any ideas on how to use it up? The salt I can figure out, it's mainly the olive oil. I'm not used to that at ALL! :o

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Buh! I knew I forgot something lol. I will run out first thing tomorrow and grab some!

Any ideas on how to use it up? The salt I can figure out, it's mainly the olive oil. I'm not used to that at ALL! :o

I use the olive oil to roast my veggies and spritz it on my fish before I cook it. I've also used it in a marinade for my cucumbers and onions. Also, remember to use the sea salt liberally. I know we're conditioned to stay away from the salt shaker but in most alternatives there isn't nearly as much sodium as is in the IP packets so I tend to sprinkle it on everything.

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 10:17 AM

I use the olive oil to roast my veggies and spritz it on my fish before I cook it. I've also used it in a marinade for my cucumbers and onions. Also, remember to use the sea salt liberally. I know we're conditioned to stay away from the salt shaker but in most alternatives there isn't nearly as much sodium as is in the IP packets so I tend to sprinkle it on everything.

Thanks for the tips :)

DanafromAustin
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM

I use the olive oil mostly on my vegetables when I roast them. We've always used olive oil in the house for cooking, but now I go through a bottle like crazy. Everything taste better with some olive oil on it. ;)

tykesplace
01-08-2012, 11:39 AM
You might try the sprayable olive oil for cooking. I think it's easier to distribute. When I use the pour type I tend to use too much anyway. Another way to get the oil into your day is to make your own salad dressing. I make mine with olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
I think on the restricted items it's suggested not to have them for the first 2-3 weeks to maximize your weight loss. But regardless only 1 per day.

SewingMomma
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I drizzle the olive oil on my salads. That way I can measure the amount I'm eating.

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
You might try the sprayable olive oil for cooking. I think it's easier to distribute. When I use the pour type I tend to use too much anyway. Another way to get the oil into your day is to make your own salad dressing. I make mine with olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
I think on the restricted items it's suggested not to have them for the first 2-3 weeks to maximize your weight loss. But regardless only 1 per day.

Do you think spraying it to cook a hamburger steak for dinner one night would count? or does it have to be on the actual food like a salad with it ON IT?

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Do you think spraying it to cook a hamburger steak for dinner one night would count? or does it have to be on the actual food like a salad with it ON IT?

You don't need to spray the pan to cook a hamburger steak, it makes its own juices, well at least mine does, but I wouldn't use THAT much as to have to count it. Your minimum is the 2tsp, some days I use it somedays I use more just depends what I am cooking most of the times. But I do use it on my veggies and to make stir fry.

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 01:02 PM
You don't need to spray the pan to cook a hamburger steak, it makes its own juices, well at least mine does, but I wouldn't use THAT much as to have to count it. Your minimum is the 2tsp, some days I use it somedays I use more just depends what I am cooking most of the times. But I do use it on my veggies and to make stir fry.

That's true, I just using that as an example. I didn't know if that would technically count or if I had to put it into my salad or something like that :)

Paint Lady
01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter, tastes pretty good. 16 carbs, 2 sugars, 20 protein, 6 fat.
Pure Protein chocolate deluxe, not as good, hard to chew. 17 carbs, 2 sugar, 20 protein, 4.5 fat.
There is also a chocolate chip kind that I'm out of, those are the best of the three I've listed.
Adkins Advantage bars taste better, but aren't as IP appropriate.
Cookies and Cream, 20 carbs, 1 sugar, 15 protein, 9 fat.
Caramel double chocolate crunch, 22 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 9 fat.
Caramel choc pnut nougat bar, 18 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 11 fat.
Caramel fudge brownie bar, 19 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 9 fat.
They also have a peanut butter and chocolate bar, but I don't have a box of those. They have more protein and a little less carbs than the ones I listed. My husband likes to eat these Adkins bars.
Those are the only bars I'm familiar with.

Paint Lady
01-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I would also suggest buying some butter buds. I couldn't have lasted on IP without it.

tykesplace
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM

I don't spray the pan for burger. But I do for pan cooking shrimp, chicken, venison, peppers, and so on. It also works great for roasting veggies. One of my favorite is fresh broccoli and cauliflower floretts sprayed with olive oil, salt and pepper, some garlic powder, and maybe some other seasonings. Roast at 350 until they done to your preference.

1FineChick
01-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I would also suggest buying some butter buds. I couldn't have lasted on IP without it.

butter buds? what is that?

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM

who makes those? what kinds of things do you use them on? :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 05:04 PM

What isle is this down do you think? I know every grocery store is different so if you really have no idea, I guess I could always just look around haha :P

tykesplace
01-08-2012, 05:56 PM
It's a butter flavored powder thing. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butter-Buds-Butter-Flavor-Sprinkles-Granules-2.5-oz/10794626
I think they'd be around the seasonings and spices. I also use the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. It's also good for roasted veggies.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Dont forget about the Land O Lakes Sprinkles as well.....cheedar cheese, sour cream and onion and a few others!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM
It's a butter flavored powder thing. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butter-Buds-Butter-Flavor-Sprinkles-Granules-2.5-oz/10794626
I think they'd be around the seasonings and spices. I also use the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. It's also good for roasted veggies.

Dont forget about the Land O Lakes Sprinkles as well.....cheedar cheese, sour cream and onion and a few others!!!

Thank you guys so much :) I have the spray, but I had no idea we could use it lol.

I'm definitely going to have to check out the butter buds and the land o lake sprinkles :)

Paint Lady
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
The garlic and herb one made by Land o lakes makes a decent sensation salad. Oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, some of the garlic and herb and whatever other seasonings you like.

I use butter buds when I am cooking my veggies. Sprinkle it on there while they are cooking in the skillet.