Weight Loss Support - what are your rewards for reaching your goal weight?

Rapunzel
01-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm assuming that most of us have little (or big!) rewards for ourselves stored up for when we reach our goal weights. Not the I'm-totally-going-to-eat-a-whole-chocolate-cake kind of reward, but something more...long-term? Practical?

I've always wanted to be pretty. I've never believed that I have been, and I somehow link this to my weight. It is my belief (which I know could just be a mental problem) that if I lose my weight then I'll suddenly think that I'm somewhat beautiful. As such, my rewards for myself are pretty much all appearance-related. So I don't mean a special vacation or buying myself a new stereo, though that would be pretty cool too....:^:

My potential rewards:
1. I want a fairly large mermaid tattoo on my leg, reaching from the side of my knee and crossing my shin and down the other side of my leg. Not sure you can picture that. I have a tiny tattoo of a flower on my foot, and I have always been obsessed with mermaids and always wanted a mermaid tattoo. Still have not found a satisfactory one though.

This is a bigger deal than it even sounds since I would want my old tattoo artist to do it, and that would require me to fly back to my home state. It'd be so neat though!

2. I'd like to get my hair colored to a lighter shade of brown. It's dark brown right now, but not so dark as it looks black or anything. I'd really like it to look slightly lighter with pretty gold-ish touches. I would only trust a professional hair stylist to do this and I imagine it won't be very cheap.

3. I want one of the moles on my face removed. It's truly a "beauty mark" in the classic position almost in the same exact place as Marilyn Monroe's, but I've never liked it and don't think I can really "work it" like she did! I have another one right smack dab in between my eyes, but that one doesn't bother me.

What are yours? :D

JessLess
01-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm considering a "reminder" belly button piercing depending on how things look at that area. But being a healthy weight will really be its own reward for me. (I know, I'm no fun!)

DesertTabby
01-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I really want a telephoto lens and a new Nikon camera to get into wildlife photography, so its set as my reward for the moment. Although I am currently considering making the telephoto lens my midway prize (150 lb goal) despite it being more expensive than the camera body...That's not cheating right? :^:

timetodoit4me
01-07-2012, 05:27 PM
A whole new wardrobe!! I always wear black trousers but I would really love to jeans but I just cant find a pair to fit me well.

As soon as I reach my goal I'll be treating myself to a pamper day and a huge shopping trip to show off my fab new figure.

My clothes at the minute are sooo tight and uncomfortable I just cant wait to feel good about what im wearing everyday.

Its only me whos stopping myself reaching my goals - i know i can do it :carrot:

sontaikle
01-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I didn't reward myself during my weight loss because I found the weight coming off as enough of a reward. However when I reached goal I decided to splurge on an iPhone 4s!

I'm having fun with it right now and consider it my prize for getting here, but I'm enjoying being this size so much more :)

canadianwoman
01-07-2012, 06:43 PM
My goal weight is pretty far off for me but I would like to take a trip somewhere.

Shellbellster
01-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I have been really wanting a new digital camera so I have added that as my reward for losing 50 pounds. I'm hoping that it will be motivation for me because I really want a new camera! At my goal weight I want to go on vacation to Disney World so I can finally enjoy all those rides that I couldn't when I was younger because I was afraid I couldn't fit.

Paja
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I've never been much of a goal-related reward setter, but a little while ago I decided that I would throw away ALL of my underwear and buy new ones when I get to the mid-140s. (I picked that weight because, though it isn't my goal, I know from past experience that I would be comfortable at that weight long term.)

I've just been amazed at how motivating that is for me. Every day I think about doing things that will get me closer to new underwear, and I get so excited. Silly, but it's really working. It also has me thinking about setting rewards for time-related maintenance goals (1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc.), in order to keep myself on my toes.

aware210
01-07-2012, 11:38 PM
happiness

LisaTcan
01-08-2012, 12:00 AM
New APC (french brand) jeans, hopefully in a 27inch waist. That's it.

abejune23
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm thinking about ice skating lessons. They get quite expensive ($60/session? WOW), and I really really want to do all those fancy moves figure skaters and hockey players flash off on ice. Maybe by the time I get down to my goal weight I'll have enough saved up for some classes =). I'm hoping for that to happen this year!

canadianwoman
01-08-2012, 07:43 AM
I just thought of a new goal. Years ago, before my mother died she bought me some really nice underwear as part of a Christmas gift. I never told her but I was too large to fit into them so I have kept them in storage (along with some other clothes too small for me) and I would really like to get into those clothes, especially the underwear because they are quite pretty and lots of lovely colours. :)

runningfromfat
01-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Lots of clothes and bras. :D

I already have a long mental list of bras/clothes that I want.

I don't have any real reward waiting for me at goal. Honestly, the loss in and of itself is reward enough. ;)

banananutmuffin
01-08-2012, 09:46 AM
A smokin' hot black leather mini dress.

shishkeberry
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
DF said he would take me ballroom dancing. I want a huge ball gown dripping with (fake)jewels and I want DF to wear a tux. Neither of us can dance but it would be so much fun!

supergir111
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
-A few pairs of really hot, well fitting jeans and an expensive belt.
-Lots of high quality clothing
- A few more tattoos

napalmtree
01-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm getting a massage. A nice, deep-tissue massage that will probably make me sick, but will be worth it.

Glory87
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
My potential rewards:
1. I want a fairly large mermaid tattoo on my leg, reaching from the side of my knee and crossing my shin and down the other side of my leg. Not sure you can picture that. I have a tiny tattoo of a flower on my foot, and I have always been obsessed with mermaids and always wanted a mermaid tattoo. Still have not found a satisfactory one though.

I've always loved this tribal mermaid tattoo (http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/images/tribal-mermaid-tattoo-21180146.jpg). (except personally, I would alter the tattoo to be nipple-free).

LOSINITWITHGRACE
01-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I would like to get myself
1. New belly button ring. had thisone for awhile.
2. pair of cute jean shorts.
3. high boots
4. 2 pc swimsuit.

shepherdgirl
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I have lots of mini rewards before I get to my goal--because it will at least be a year before I reach it (and that's wishful thinking, imo). But I've always thought short, pixie haircuts were cute, but I could never have one because my face would look like a basketball. So once I reach my goal, I'm going to salon (that's another thing--my mom has always cut/trimmed my hair before) and get my hair chopped off. Don't know if it will be a pixie cut, but it will at least be the shortest its ever been.

And of course I'm going to get a closet full of new clothes.

OhMyDogs
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Oh man, I have so many little things...

I will have skin reduction surgery, as my overall weight loss will be 140lbs. Now this isn't a reward, it's part of the process to me. With that will come a new belly button...so I will get that pierced! That's totally frivilous, and fun though!

I also plan on getting a large-ish hummingbird tattoo to represent my younger daughter (she's 6). When I quit smoking, I got a large fairy tattoo to represent my older daughter (she's 7), and I believe the permanent reminder has helped to keep me real in terms of smoking.

Also, "hubby" and I have been engaged for 9 years next month, so when I get thin (and get my divorce from my ex finalized) then we have decided on a destination wedding somewhere tropical (Cuba, or Domincan Republic)...I want to be thin for our wedding. So I am hoping that maybe NEXT April (like 15 months from now) everything will be lined up for that...maybe even a little sooner!

Then there are little rewards for meeting mini-goals. LOL

aware210
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
i have a few tattoos planned as well, and some cute clothes. Though I've been buying jeans as i go. I've gone from a 15 to a 9 so far, but those are getting loose, so 7's will be next!

cathi888
01-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I pay myself $5 per pound lost. I love watching the pile grow in the money jar. I have no idea what I am going to do with it yet, but it will be ready waiting for me. Although, I do use that money for mini treats. Hair cut, pedicures. etc.

sirius93
01-08-2012, 05:47 PM
the tightest skinny jeans i can fit into and feel great it! :p accompanied with the biggest platforms heels i can walk in!
and a tattoo ive wanted on my arm.. which im not confident in having now because of my bingo wings :(

Rapunzel
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
I love all these answers!
And thank you Glory for the mermaid suggestion! It's cool-looking, but I think too serious. I wanted one that is more....playful? And with colors.....thanks though! I hadn't seen that one before and I've looked at a LOT of mermaid tattoos online!

Snoofie
01-09-2012, 01:14 PM
I want a new wardrobe and a tattoo. :D

Bellasmommy924
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I am going to get myself some cute bras and panties from VS! I haven't been able to wear them the past few years because of the weight I have gained..

mizzie
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
From the start, I'd decided that I get to take scuba lessons when I get to my goal weight (under 150, I don't care if it's 148.8! lol ). Scuba is something I got a chance to try nearly 20 years ago and I've always wanted to do it again.

My mini rewards are (were) scuba related. The first time, I got the lesson book at 25 pounds lost and a scuba mask at 50 pounds lost. Since I've gained back, I don't really know if I'll do mini rewards. I feel like I've already got them, like it's cheating somehow? But I do think I'll go get fins and a snorkel when I get close. Maybe when I hit 160.

So, really, my reward is a fun new exercise! ^_^

andrew80k
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm a guitar player by hobby and I've been wanting a new Digital Delay Pedal forever. I have my eye on the Boss DD-7. So I think that will be my goal reward.

Beach Patrol
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I have 12 tattoos now... I may get another one (or 12, heh). But not as a "reward" but just cause I wanna :yes: :D

I really don't do the reward thing. The being thinner & healthier is reward enough for me. Plus, the buying of smaller clothes... it's so expensive! - so I guess that's kinda a reward. :)