Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/7 - Sunday 1/8

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

canadiancandy
01-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Hey yall, just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great OP day :)

Tmg1989
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Hi All. Have a great weekend!

Entering week 6 and in no way want to cheat...that being said, I know what some of you mean in previous threads that said you just wish you could lose even faster and be on to the next phase. Me too. It took years to put on the weight, but geeze, can't get off fast enough for me! Trying to stay positive and be pleased with the loss today. Good luck and support to all on this journey.....

Traceym
01-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Good Morning! Wishing you all a great day OP!

Debbie64
01-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Today was weigh in day...lost another pound making my total 17.8 lbs! Its getting really slow now, but I am with in 4.4 of my original goal, 9.4 of my revised goal. Survived a party last night and headed to another today, which is an out of town one where you go and stay with someone else. Will make for a few challenges but I am up for it!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! And stay OP.

galpal445
01-07-2012, 09:33 AM

Entering week 6 and in no way want to cheat...that being said, I know what some of you mean in previous threads that said you just wish you could lose even faster and be on to the next phase. Me too. It took years to put on the weight, but geeze, can't get off fast enough for me! Trying to stay positive and be pleased with the loss today. Good luck and support to all on this journey.....

Good Morning Everyone!

I too wish I could rid my body of this fat even faster! Like have it drop off every day in 5 pound increments..LOL!!! But I really can't complain because this is the fastest I have ever lost weight.
:)

I have been on the plan exactly 30 days today and have lost 19 pounds. That is .63 of a pound each and every day...how can I complain about that! And any food type I am craving, there is a packet for it...sweet, crunchy, salty, smooth, CHOCOLATE! Love, love, love this diet!
:carrot:

motherofeta
01-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone!

I am so glad to have found this site. It's great to see all the success!

IP began for me 9 weeks ago and I have lost 33 lbs. I am a numbers obsessed person as my friends and husband can testify to.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :cheer2:

doublebaby
01-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Morning everybody!
I'm going for my 6th weigh-in in just a little while. I don't feel like I have lost as much this week but I know in upcoming weeks it will all even out in the end.
21lbs so far and feeling great.
Have a great weekend.
Reg

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Today is my first WI and I am a little nervous. I am going to try not to be disappointed if I didn't lose anything but I probably will be because I have been 100% OP. I'm probably just being paranoid. Everyone else seems to be doing great and losing so why wouldn't I, right? You are all inspiring to me and give me the strength to keep going.

Have a fabulous day everyone :hug:

marie montreal
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Wish me luck day 1 for me. Have done this diet before, unfortunately I stopped without going through all the phases and gained everything back. It works! Which is why I am back! Wish me luck. :carrot:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
This is really random, but wuv2bloved; did you notice that the quoting tip also leads to the signature and ticker thread?

doublebaby
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Today is my first WI and I am a little nervous. I am going to try not to be disappointed if I didn't lose anything but I probably will be because I have been 100% OP. I'm probably just being paranoid. Everyone else seems to be doing great and losing so why wouldn't I, right? You are all inspiring to me and give me the strength to keep going.

Lorilou, we're with you! I bet you will do just great! I know sometimes I feel like my body hasn't changed that week and when I get weighed I lose more and other weeks it is the opposite. But I bet you will get a nice surprise. Either way, I hope you keep going with the rest of us because this really does work. Best wishes today!

Tmg1989
01-07-2012, 10:21 AM

Good luck! You will do great! We are with you!

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Lorilou, we're with you! I bet you will do just great! I know sometimes I feel like my body hasn't changed that week and when I get weighed I lose more and other weeks it is the opposite. But I bet you will get a nice surprise. Either way, I hope you keep going with the rest of us because this really does work. Best wishes today!

Good luck! You will do great! We are with you!

Thanks for the support! I will let you know how it goes.

Busymomx4
01-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone!

Not much going on, have to go look for a new winter jacket...been wearing a ski jacket since the beginning of winter and i don't like to wear that for work. Hopefully i'll find something on sale cause i'm sure that it will be too big by next year.

WI this morning, -2.6...i can't believe that maybe in a month or so i could be in onederland :)

Have a great week-end everyone!

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 10:37 AM
ON day six! woohoooooooo thank god for the day six!!

However, I brushed my teeth like two times and my breath smells terrible?!

I can deal though.. lol because I feel great!! i'm already down 8 pounds? I am like an impulsive weigher lol. I shouldnt do it but I do! I think i'll do it less after the first week!

SewingMomma
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone!

WI this morning, -2.6...i can't believe that maybe in a month or so i could be in onederland :)

Great Job!!!! You'll make it there in no time!

SewingMomma
01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
NSV for today. I just put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 6 years!!!! The great thing is that they're loose!!! Love it!

Not much going on here today. We're going to watch the Saints game on tv, and that's about it. Geaux Saints!!!!

Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 10:50 AM
NSV for today. I just put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in 6 years!!!! The great thing is that they're loose!!! Love it!

Not much going on here today. We're going to watch the Saints game on tv, and that's about it. Geaux Saints!!!!

Thats awesome good for you!!! I can't wait for that! :)

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Oh i also have a question for ANYONE.

So tomorrow i have a baby shower. ughhh lol. I"m dreading these social events. So, I'm sure their will be a salad of some sort because it's at the country club. So, I have the lettuce and cucumbers. Will I look ridiculous if I bring my own salad dressing? lol

TracyAWC
01-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Just back from my WI week 8 and down 3.8 lbs and 1.5 inches - woo hoo! I was hoping for a good number since I had TOM last week and boy did I need the encouragement. When you're practically jumping up and down in the frozen aisle at Trader Joe's because you've discovered a new lean protein source (in this case turkey burgers) you know the diet's getting hard to stick to ;)

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you, Wuv and NavyMommy for your encouragement yesterday. I'm really thankful for this forum and I can spend an hour or two each day just soaking everything in. Only 3 more days until my WI and I hope to have a loss, as I am 100% OP. I will be happy with anything.

NavyMommy
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning!!

Heading out to the store because I am out of veggies for lunch today :( Really looking forward to my WI Monday because I can already tell a big difference in my body. It feels really good.

Tonight I think I am going to cook a pork tenderloin marinated in soy sauce and garlic. Yum, one of my favorites mainly because it feeds the whole family and I just need to add a few extra sides for them. Plus it's something a little different for me. Tomorrow night is girls night :carrot::carrot:We're going out for sushi, yum!!

Oh, and Bellamack :bday2you:

I can't wait to hear how you've done!!

Good morning everyone!

Not much going on, have to go look for a new winter jacket...been wearing a ski jacket since the beginning of winter and i don't like to wear that for work. Hopefully i'll find something on sale cause i'm sure that it will be too big by next year.

Isn't it strange I've not been that excited about shopping for clothes either. It's getting chilly here some days and all I really have are short sleeve / sleeveless tops that I pair with a jacket because I don't want to spend money on new clothes when I'm not going to fit in them in a few months. However; I am REALLY looking forward to my shopping spree when I'm at goal. I'm already saving up any extra money I find so I can go all out from panties and bras to shoes.

I can deal though.. lol because I feel great!! i'm already down 8 pounds? I am like an impulsive weigher lol. I shouldnt do it but I do! I think i'll do it less after the first week!

That would be ketosis breath. I know it's gross :barf: Talk to your coach, mine was okay with any sugarfree gum even though most contain aspartame and I trusted her because she lost a ton of weight on this diet, but some only want you to chew the IP approved gum, Spry I think it's called. I've also heard Denytene Fire Cinnamon doesn't have aspartame but I don't like cinnamon so I haven't looked into it.

The other good thing for a freshness boost is the Listerine breath strips. Those are my favorite!! I keep a pack in my purse and car so whenever I'm about to talk to someone or whatever I can pop one. Be aware too that your urine might also start to smell strange. It's your body releasing the Ketones and is totally normal.

Awesome NSV!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to get into my old jeans!

So tomorrow i have a baby shower. ughhh lol. I"m dreading these social events. So, I'm sure their will be a salad of some sort because it's at the country club. So, I have the lettuce and cucumbers. Will I look ridiculous if I bring my own salad dressing? lol

When I was in that kind of situation I usually just asked for oil and vinegar and lemon wedges and used a tiny bit of oil and a squeeze of lemon, plus salt and pepper. Personally though I don't think anyone will notice / care if you bring your own dressing, it's all going to be about the mama to be and no one will be paying attention to you.

I also would probably eat before hand (depending on what time it is) just in case the salad is already dressed or they don't have anything for you. If you're starving it will be so much more tempting to cheat, and if you go having already eaten you can honestly just tell them you're not hungry.

Just back from my WI week 8 and down 3.8 lbs and 1.5 inches - woo hoo! I was hoping for a good number since I had TOM last week and boy did I need the encouragement. When you're practically jumping up and down in the frozen aisle at Trader Joe's because you've discovered a new lean protein source (in this case turkey burgers) you know the diet's getting hard to stick to ;)

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!

WTG!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Trinique125
01-07-2012, 11:32 AM
HI Everyone
I have to go WI this morning but my period just came:(

sucks

lbixby
01-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Wish me luck day 1 for me. Have done this diet before, unfortunately I stopped without going through all the phases and gained everything back. It works! Which is why I am back! Wish me luck. :carrot:

Good luck to you. I am sure that you will do just fine. I have just started and this is my first time. This is a great place to come for motivation!:carrot:

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM

It does get a little better with time. MY coach won't let me use anything that isn't natural, but I did buy something that's just sugar free and only take as needed anyway. Keep the mints close, you'll need them for awhile. Thank you ketosis.

Don't feel funny. I think most people will understand. Also I would eat your protein before going so you aren't that hungry during the event.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. It's beautiful and in the 70;s here today in Austin. What happened to winter? I think we are going shopping for a new TV today and hopefully getting some outside time while the sun is shining and it's warm.

Congrats to those who had good WI's today. :carrot:

sarahmayhem
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM

My Mom used to always say, "You didn't put it on overnight, so you won't take if off overnight either." ...although with this diet, I feel like it's coming off wayyyy quicker haha! You're doing great with your losses...wish mine was as fast ;)

Today was weigh in day...lost another pound making my total 17.8 lbs! Its getting really slow now, but I am with in 4.4 of my original goal, 9.4 of my revised goal. Survived a party last night and headed to another today, which is an out of town one where you go and stay with someone else. Will make for a few challenges but I am up for it!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! And stay OP.

A loss is a loss - you're doing great :D

Good Morning Everyone!

I too wish I could rid my body of this fat even faster! Like have it drop off every day in 5 pound increments..LOL!!! But I really can't complain because this is the fastest I have ever lost weight.

I have been on the plan exactly 30 days today and have lost 19 pounds. That is .63 of a pound each and every day...how can I complain about that! And any food type I am craving, there is a packet for it...sweet, crunchy, salty, smooth, CHOCOLATE! Love, love, love this diet!
:carrot:

I feel the same way - if there's something I'm craving, there's a packet for it haha. I'm a sweet-tooth fanatic, and I have to say, this diet makes my cravings minimal!

Let us know how you do - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

Good morning everyone!

Woo!! Great job...I love looking at your signature. it's so motivating seeing all of the weeks/losses!

Isn't it awesome fitting into clothes you never thought you'd wear again? It's just as good as watching the scale move haha!

I always ask for oil and vinegar, and just use it sparingly. Almost every restaurant has it :)

Debbie64
01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey question for all. Any one know about the "skinny water" Is it allowed? It is ZERO across the board and very tasty.

sarahmayhem
01-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my WI on Tuesday. I've been OP perfectly, but my scale hasn't seemed to budge more than a pound or so. It's my TOM, so I know that might have something to do with it, but I was hoping to see a really good loss this week.

For those of you who weigh at home, do you notice your weight tends to drop throughout the week, or closer to the time of your next weigh in?

rrrigos
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
on day three doing pretty had the chz omelet this morning and liked it...still adjusting this is challenging but i am hopeful...just need to get creative with my veggies...not really liking the wf dressings kinda make me sick any good salad dressing recipes? i feel tired today for sure...what are your fav foods, shakes, puddings, snacks, etc...got a lot of soups this week and cant imaging eating the soups for every lunch can i have the breakfasts for lunch? is it ok to add veggies to my breakfasts? thx guys
Rachelle

SewingMomma
01-07-2012, 12:22 PM

I either bring my own or ask for oil and vinegar. Of course, the vinegar is usually balsamic (a no-no), so I put a little of the olive oil on my salad. OR I just eat it plain. I'm notoriously bad about forgetting my dressing at home, so I eat a lot of plain salads!

I've ordered so many salads in restaurants lately, even my kids know what to ask for -- no cheese, no croutons, no dressing...They even ask if it has carrots. I guess, they've seen me pluck enough shredded carrots out of salads that they know I can't eat them!

SewingMomma
01-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Isn't it awesome fitting into clothes you never thought you'd wear again? It's just as good as watching the scale move haha!

It's great. It also goes to show how bad I've been about cleaning out my closet since my 7-year-old daughter was born! I'll have to search my closet for more clothes that will fit me now! LOL. Of course, a lot of the dressier things are way out of style, but blue jeans and t-shirts are timeless.

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, I screwed up and didn't even realize it until day. My husband and I had a date last night. I got chicken and veggies. I was so set on picking out all the carrots that I didn't even think about squash being a no no. Ugh. I ate it and this morning I was like, Oh no, what have I done! Well, its a new day. All I can do is continue to stay 100% OP and keep moving. I also have started eating my bar in the morning, my coach never told me that I couldn't eat them at night. Everyone have a great OP day!

sarahmayhem
01-07-2012, 12:42 PM
on day three doing pretty had the chz omelet this morning and liked it...still adjusting this is challenging but i am hopeful...just need to get creative with my veggies...not really liking the wf dressings kinda make me sick any good salad dressing recipes? i feel tired today for sure...what are your fav foods, shakes, puddings, snacks, etc...got a lot of soups this week and cant imaging eating the soups for every lunch can i have the breakfasts for lunch? is it ok to add veggies to my breakfasts? thx guys
Rachelle

I actually really like all of the WF products. The bacon ranch dressing mixed with the honey BBQ sauce is my fave! It tastes just as good as the normal stuff to me!

My fave foods are pretty much all of the restricted haha. The chilli is delicious, as are all of the bars. I love the puffs because they really satisfy a salt craving. I like the butterscott pudding the best, but recently I've started mixing half strawberry/half chocolate puddings and it's SO good.

I love the RTD shakes - perfect for the morning rush.

And today, I had the cappuccino drink for the first time. SO YUMMY! I mixed it with a cup of coffee...it's going to be my new morning staple!

I HATED the soups.

I tried something different the other night for dinner...I made a soy patty, and then chopped up cukes, celery, onion and cherry tomatoes. I mashed it all together in a bowl w/ WF mayo and the WF bacon ranch dressing. It tasted like a zingy chicken salad. SO good!!

Gardengurl71
01-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Good morning everyone :) I hope you all have a great day OP! I had my first dream about eating non program food! I was relieved when I woke up and realized I had not cheated!!!!! Lol!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone :) I hope you all have a great day OP! I had my first dream about eating non program food! I was relieved when I woke up and realized I had not cheated!!!!! Lol!

Hahaha, get used to those! I had 2 vivid dreams last night--one with strangers whose house I accidentally ended up in inviting me to a BBQ after I apoligized for being there, and the other about someone showing up at my door with a giant tub of potatoes and one of those giant subs. My answer to both people in my dreams was "sorry, I can't have that, I'm on a special diet."

Ishbel
01-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Good morning everyone!

Woohoo!!! Soon the century club!!! :yay:

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 01:37 PM
For those of you who weigh at home, do you notice your weight tends to drop throughout the week, or closer to the time of your next weigh in?
My weight generally seems to stop right after my WI which is on Tuesdays, and then start moving again later in the week. However this week the scale hasn't moved at all and it's already Saturday. This week I'm not expecting a great WI because last week I lost 4 pounds. A couple of pounds would be nice though. :)

Well, I screwed up and didn't even realize it until day. My husband and I had a date last night. I got chicken and veggies. I was so set on picking out all the carrots that I didn't even think about squash being a no no. Ugh. I ate it and this morning I was like, Oh no, what have I done! Well, its a new day. All I can do is continue to stay 100% OP and keep moving. I also have started eating my bar in the morning, my coach never told me that I couldn't eat them at night. Everyone have a great OP day!
I ate some squash in a salad in the beginning too, not realizing we couldn't eat it. I doubt the scale will reflect that though, so don't worry about it too much. I know not all coaches are the same, but mine does say, "No restrictives at bedtime." I enjoy my bar with tea every morning.

GloverParker
01-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Was it yellow squash or winter squash? If it was yellow (summer) or green (zucchini), then you're fine, it's totally OP!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Does anyone wonder what size in clothing they will be when they reach their goal weight? I'm six feet tall and it's been difficult for me to find what most six foot women at healthy BMIs wear in clothing (mostly because most stores have clothes for shorter people). I like buying cheap dresses and such at secondhand clothing stores but never know if I'll be able to get down to that size. I'm a size 18 right now.

Trinique125
01-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my WI on Tuesday. I've been OP perfectly, but my scale hasn't seemed to budge more than a pound or so. It's my TOM, so I know that might have something to do with it, but I was hoping to see a really good loss this week.

I don't weigh myself daily but when I weighed at home this morning it showed a .6 loss (my period also started today), when I WI at my clinic this morning their scale stayed the same (zero loss this week). I'm hoping for a bigger loss next week. Sucked because I too was 100% OP this week:?:

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 01:51 PM

So I had my first WI and I lost 9.6 lbs :carrot:. Can I say that again, 9.6 lbs :cheer2:. Now I know some of this weight was due to TOM but still...9.6 lbs!! I am so happy and totally motivated. To all of you newbies out there, stick with it. The first 5 or 6 days are really hard but you come out of it feeling soooo much better and at your first WI you will know why you are doing this.

WI#1: 9.6

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Was it yellow squash or winter squash? If it was yellow (summer) or green (zucchini), then you're fine, it's totally OP!

Yellow yes! It was a mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots and yellow squash. I picked out the carrots. Thanks for the encouragement that makes me feel SO much better. :hug:

purple sky
01-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon everyone. This is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. Day 9. Can't say that I am loving it but I have no desire to go back to my carb central eating ways. Ugh...the holidays were carb overload. I wanted to start weeks ago but chose to wait.

I have to say thank you to everyone. This forum is truly the reason I decided to try this diet. I heard about it and did not get a bad vibe from the Ideal Protein site. Just not too crazy about soy and artificial sweeteners. Then, I found this site and read and read and read and laughed and cheered you on. This was the first diet I had seen where people seem to keep the weight off and it is not awful while you were on it. I tired to read as much as I could so I have a sense for the negative and possible side effects.

Went to the center. Liked the vibe there and met my coach. :goodvibes She's cool and shares everything, a success story herself. Well, I don't want to go on and on but I just wanted to say THANK YOU. This web site means a lot to me and I am so excited about you all getting into smaller clothes. :bravo: Weight loss is important to me but smaller clothes even more important. I know they are in my closet somewhere.

Everyone is different. I have especially enjoyed seeing the rapid weight loss and slower successes. I think I will be in the latter category so it really, really helps to see your WI's. It really does. Encouraging, supportive.

Okay, that's probably enough. :thanks:

Junetwin11
01-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Another beautiful day here. Walked my dog already this morning. Hope everyone has a great OP weekend. :)

NavyMommy
01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Rachelle

Personally I don't like the WF dressings either. Check out the recipe thread for some ideas. My new favorite lunch veggie is cucumbers and thinly sliced red onions soaked in a marinade I make up of EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Splenda, and a touch of garlic. It would probably make a good salad dressing too but I don't measure it, I just do a glug of this and a pinch of that so I'm not much help. Just keep messing with it though, you'll find something you like.

Hey question for all. Any one know about the "skinny water" Is it allowed? It is ZERO across the board and very tasty.

Look at the ingredients. My guess is it probably has aspartame in it, but I do think I've heard of some people drinking it sparingly. If you have a coach I would ask them, but if you're doing it on your own you'll just have to look at the ingredients and make your own decision.

I weigh every day (I know, bad girl!!) and I have to say it just depends on my body and what it feels like doing at the time. Some weeks it's a little bit every day and some it doesn't budge until the day of.

So I had my first WI and I lost 9.6 lbs :carrot:. Can I say that again, 9.6 lbs :cheer2:. Now I know some of this weight was due to TOM but still...9.6 lbs!! I am so happy and totally motivated. To all of you newbies out there, stick with it. The first 5 or 6 days are really hard but you come out of it feeling soooo much better and at your first WI you will know why you are doing this.

Congrarts!!!! :carrot::carrot: WTG!!!

massconfusion84
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Can someone tell me how to use the soy patty mix. I started Ideal protein this week and they just gave us a bunch of sample packets and theres no instructions for the soy patty...someone help! I really want to try it

sarahmayhem
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
My weight generally seems to stop right after my WI which is on Tuesdays, and then start moving again later in the week. However this week the scale hasn't moved at all and it's already Saturday. This week I'm not expecting a great WI because last week I lost 4 pounds. A couple of pounds would be nice though. :)

haha we're the same way! Not sure what's going on this week with our bodies, but I wish you a good WI :)

Does anyone wonder what size in clothing they will be when they reach their goal weight? I'm six feet tall and it's been difficult for me to find what most six foot women at healthy BMIs wear in clothing (mostly because most stores have clothes for shorter people). I like buying cheap dresses and such at secondhand clothing stores but never know if I'll be able to get down to that size. I'm a size 18 right now.

I always hate thinking about clothing size. I'm also 6 foot, and all my life, even when I was at my smallest, I've always been in the bigger sizes of clothes. My smallest weight was 180-177, and I was a size 12/14. I'm 192 right now and still a size 12/14 haha.

I've never been in the 160s, which is my goal weight, but it would be nice to see a size 10 or size 8. ...I guess we'll just have to wait and see! One thing I do notice with this diet though, is that the inches lost seems to be even greater than the weight loss.

I don't weigh myself daily but when I weighed at home this morning it showed a .6 loss (my period also started today), when I WI at my clinic this morning their scale stayed the same (zero loss this week). I'm hoping for a bigger loss next week. Sucked because I too was 100% OP this week:?:

Isn't it frustrating haha? Last week, I was extra good (because I gained over X-mas)...the day before my WI, my scaled showed an 8lb loss. The morning of my weigh in, I got my period, and both my scale and the clinic showed only a 4lb loss. Grr lol! Next week you'll get the loss you're looking for :D

WOOO!! :carrot:

sarahmayhem
01-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Can someone tell me how to use the soy patty mix. I started Ideal protein this week and they just gave us a bunch of sample packets and theres no instructions for the soy patty...someone help! I really want to try it

Mix it with 3.5oz of water and let it sit for a couple of minutes (it thickens up!) ...I like to add a bunch of spices to mine (parsley, garlic powder, and a little hot sauce!) ...warm up a pan on the stove and cook it like you would a pancake! :)

Lmflora
01-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Hello all, we had weigh in #4 yesterday, I was down 5.3lbs, woohoo! The holidays were such a disaster, it felt great to know I was back on track. Daughter only lost 1 pound, still good considering she cheated on cheese and crackers at work, and she was doing 2 restricted a day! Her job is very physical and when they are short staffed she does not always get a chance to eat lunch. She was grabbing an extra bar in the bathroom. She is going to keep more rtds on hand. We are both learning how there is just no wiggle room on this diet.

I cleaned stalls this morning, pretty tired, but kept drinking water and did another packet as soon as I got back in the house. Seems to work ok.

Hang in there everyone.! This works, but it requires strict adherence. The good news is like many here, you will feel great after you get past the first week or so! I feel awesome!

Cheers

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

1FineChick
01-07-2012, 03:05 PM
day 8 OP started feeling nauseous during lunch. Couldn't finish my 2 cups of veggies.

Debbie64
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!:hug:

1FineChick
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!:hug:
That is so AWESOME!! :hug:

Pamelama
01-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Went to Outback last night with my daughter. I haven't been there in at least 10 years. I think it will be a fav of ours for a few reasons.

1. So much to choose from and stay OP. I had a double side of steamed broccoli and a 6oz steak and it was delicious!

2. My daughter has a major gluten allergy and this place has quite an extensive GF menu including some desserts.

3. so my 13 yr old gets the flour less brownie with ice cream and the works and I was completely fine not having even a taste!! Really no craving at all. It looked good of course, but not as good as the 16 pounds I've lost so far! :carrot:

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Thank you everyone for the congratulations! It feels good to be supported :hug:

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Went to Outback last night with my daughter. I haven't been there in at least 10 years. I think it will be a fav of ours for a few reasons.

1. So much to choose from and stay OP. I had a double side of steamed broccoli and a 6oz steak and it was delicious!

2. My daughter has a major gluten allergy and this place has quite an extensive GF menu including some desserts.

3. so my 13 yr old gets the flour less brownie with ice cream and the works and I was completely fine not having even a taste!! Really no craving at all. It looked good of course, but not as good as the 16 pounds I've lost so far! :carrot:

Good to know about Outback. Thanks for sharing that. Now I know I have a good restaurant choice if I want to eat out.

lkp888
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Good morning everyone!

Great Job Busymom!!! :carrot:

Lorilou
01-07-2012, 03:32 PM
day 8 OP started feeling nauseous during lunch. Couldn't finish my 2 cups of veggies.

I have trouble getting the veggies down too. What I do is wait about a half hour to and hour and then eat them. It helps. Good luck and stay strong :hug:

lkp888
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM

I always take my little packets of salad dressing everywhere and a little salt shaker of Sea Salt...even when I go to restaurants. I never worry about looking ridiculous cause i'm doing this for myself and not for anyone else!! :)

lkp888
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM

I think sometimes that's a better feeling than seeing the scale go down!! Great Job!! :carrot:

lkp888
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Woohoo, awesome job!!! Isn't it the greatest feeling ever? Keep up the good work! :carrot::carrot:

Jag23
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,I am on day 4 and feel really great today. Lots of energy. Hope it stays with me. Here's to all of us!!!!!!!!

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you everyone for the congratulations! It feels good to be supported :hug:

Congratulations!!!! :)

Jag23
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi Chicks,I am on day 4 and feeling really good. Yesterday I ended up with a terrible headache. I am totally OP and want to make this diet work for me. After raising a family and starting out as a single women after age 50,going through a hugh recovery from married to single. I am finally ready to get a grip on my weight,and be where I want to be. This year I discovered I am out growing petite size 12-14. So enough! I am determined to suceed at this and feel awesome when I get to maintenance.:carrot:

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
This is my first post here. I'm on day 3 of the plan and this is my first time trying it. I'm having some trouble with some of the packets and I am not a veggie person. Does anyone have suggestions for the pudding? I think it's mostly the texture I don't like. I couldn't finish the lemon one the first day and I ended up mixing the dark chocolate pudding with the chocolate drink then semi freezing it last night. I shook the chocolate much longer and that seemed to help too. Are there other tricks? The omelet was good for the first couple bites then I had to force it down and get rid of the plate since the smell was making me ill. I've stuck to the plan and still have lots of stuff to try so I'm hoping to find some stuff I like. Any pointers or tips?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm planning out my grocery list, and I was wondering if it's okay to eat a little bit over the 2 cups of veggies each meal? Because these Marketside vegetables (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Marketside-Broccoli-Cauliflower-12-oz/13399618) are about 28 grams over two cups and I'd hate to have that amount leftover (especially since I can't measure grams) x.x

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for the pudding?

I hate the pudding, so I have been using 1/2 an egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 2 oz water to make 5 little cookies--350 for about 12-15min on parchment lined cookie sheet. Don't expect real cookie texture, but definitely more edible than as pudding.

I've also tried the waffle recipe you can find on FinnSteve's thread and they are great! You have to really oil the waffle iron so that they don't stick and don't open it too soon or else it will be a disaster!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I always hate thinking about clothing size. I'm also 6 foot, and all my life, even when I was at my smallest, I've always been in the bigger sizes of clothes. My smallest weight was 180-177, and I was a size 12/14. I'm 192 right now and still a size 12/14 haha.

I've never been in the 160s, which is my goal weight, but it would be nice to see a size 10 or size 8. ...I guess we'll just have to wait and see! One thing I do notice with this diet though, is that the inches lost seems to be even greater than the weight loss.

Gah! The way we carry weight is so different. At my smallest (209) I wore a 14/16. My goal is 170 for now. I'd love to be able to get to an 8/10 because of this dress I have in that size, but I guess I just have to be patient. D;

P.S. If that's you in your avatar, you look absolutely gorgeous!

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 04:29 PM
This is really random, but wuv2bloved; did you notice that the quoting tip also leads to the signature and ticker thread?

Yes, I know it does but it explains as to when you get your ticker and how to make one. I am not the original poster to the first page of the daily chat. It was started way back when the fourm first started, we just quote it and start a new one daily. I think you are the first one to comment on it so I think you are the first one to read it....GOOD JOB!....lol

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!....I'll be watching Home alone myself so me and the TV have a date....lol

I bring my salad dressing, sea salt and MIO everywhere I go. I have a small makeup bag I keep in my purse with it all in. No one cares what you do, honestly, and if they ask just say you are on a strict diet from your Doctor. I used to NEVER carry a purse, just my coin purse I could slip in my pocket but now I carry one along with my bottle of water! Take care of YOU, do what YOU have to do to make this work for YOU!

Rachelle

You can spread your veggies out throughout the day instead of eating them all at once. I don't like any of the soups, I stick to the puddings and make them into shakes with ice and add divincy syrups to them.

You didn't screw up!!!....we can have summer squash (yellow and green) so stop stressing :) you are fine:hug:

ZERO loss is better than a GAIN like I had this week and did nothing different. I did however lose 1.5 inches. Your body does strange things, Remember that scale is ONLY a NUMBER its about how YOU FEEL.

I always take my little packets of salad dressing everywhere and a little salt shaker of Sea Salt...even when I go to restaurants. I never worry about looking ridiculous cause i'm doing this for myself and not for anyone else!! :)

Exactly!!!

Hi Chicks,I am on day 4 and feeling really good. Yesterday I ended up with a terrible headache. I am totally OP and want to make this diet work for me. After raising a family and starting out as a single women after age 50,going through a hugh recovery from married to single. I am finally ready to get a grip on my weight,and be where I want to be. This year I discovered I am out growing petite size 12-14. So enough! I am determined to suceed at this and feel awesome when I get to maintenance.:carrot:

Congrats on making a new life for yourself. It will be a struggle sometimes but you can do it! I started completely over 6 years ago after being married for 19 yrs, I am a much stronger woman for it and I also learned that I have to take care of ME. My boys are grown now (20 and 23) I have always took care of them first, but now its about me!! sometimes they kinda freak because I am all about me now but hey, I deserve it right?

Hey everyone, looks like we have a lot of good things going on today, already on page 5 with post, this is awesome. I am loving the support that all of you newbies are giving each other. Y'all have all started y'all journey together and y'all will build a bond that will be there forever.

One thing I would like to ask of the newbies though, try to keep the New threads down to a minimal. Ask your questions here on the Daily thread like that everyone can help you out. Some people only read the daily and don't bother will new threads, you may be helping someone else by asking it here.

My son left to go back to college this morning so my life is back to my normal schedule. I love when he is home but I also love when he is gone, no more cooking "other" food. Everyone hang in there, you will love the results you have on this program!!!

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! i will be bringing my own dressing tomorrow!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Backdrop,

I know you said money is tight, but what about getting a digital food scale? I found a great one on Amazon for $11 and I saw one on Walmart's website for $19. The one I got from Amazon weighs grams and ounces, which really helps because I weigh my veggies in grams and meat in ounces. My coach said not to eat more or less than the 2 cups, but I think 28 grams of cauliflower and broccoli is about 1/4 cup extra. So, you could take a measuring cup and put the 1/4 cup into a ziplock bag and freeze it and just keep adding to it. The 4th time would make a cup, no? Just a thought, hope it helps!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
SomedayBubblySomeday;

That's an excellent solution!
I'm having to buy everything for this diet on my own, so as long as I put in the effort I can buy the scale no problem. I'm certainly going to have a lot to buy for the first month!
Thanks!

wuv2bloved;

Ahh, now it's going to bug me trying to figure out where it was supposed to link to!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I hate the pudding, so I have been using 1/2 an egg white, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 2 oz water to make 5 little cookies--350 for about 12-15min on parchment lined cookie sheet. Don't expect real cookie texture, but definitely more edible than as pudding.

I've also tried the waffle recipe you can find on FinnSteve's thread and they are great! You have to really oil the waffle iron so that they don't stick and don't open it too soon or else it will be a disaster!

Thank you! Those are just the type of suggestions I needed. Hoping I'll like the soups. I'm trying the leek soup today. Not sure if I should try adding anything to it.

Lmflora
01-07-2012, 04:59 PM

I've never been in the 160s, which is my goal weight, but it would be nice to see a size 10 or size 8. ...I guess we'll just have to wait and see! One thing I do notice with this diet though, is that the inches lost seems to be even greater than the weight

I understand the tall clothing problem! I am also 6 ft. My best wight ever was 160, I was a size 10, but could wear size 8 if length was not an issue. My goal weight is 165, I hope to get into a solid 10-12. Right now nothing fits well, 12-14 are still too small, 16-18 are a little too big. Have you ladies ever shopped from "long elegant legs" or "long tall Sally"? They have great stuff with sleeves long enough, and shirts that cover the midriff! There XL sizes are for the most part too big for me. I order online, try at home and send back if thy don't fit. I can't wait to try some of their nicer stuff in a smaller sizes!

Cheers

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

patns
01-07-2012, 05:27 PM
This is my first post here. I'm on day 3 of the plan and this is my first time trying it. I'm having some trouble with some of the packets and I am not a veggie person. Does anyone have suggestions for the pudding? I think it's mostly the texture I don't like. I couldn't finish the lemon one the first day and I ended up mixing the dark chocolate pudding with the chocolate drink then semi freezing it last night. I shook the chocolate much longer and that seemed to help too. Are there other tricks? The omelet was good for the first couple bites then I had to force it down and get rid of the plate since the smell was making me ill. I've stuck to the plan and still have lots of stuff to try so I'm hoping to find some stuff I like. Any pointers or tips?

Look on the recipe threads, particularly FinnSteven's. I have never used the packets as they are, I use the recipes for just about everything.

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
You didn't screw up!!!....we can have summer squash (yellow and green) so stop stressing :) you are fine:hug:

Lisa ~ My list that my coach gave me said no squash so I WAS stressing BUT now I am not. all is well still 100% OP. Thanks for the support!
~Aimee:hug:

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
So here is a suggestion ~ Maybe on the sticky page they could add the link about Why not to cheat and the link for the free book and the link for Finn's recipes. Just a thought. Might be good for all us newbies to have as a resource.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 06:10 PM
So here is a suggestion ~ Maybe on the sticky page they could add the link about Why not to cheat and the link for the free book and the link for Finn's recipes. Just a thought. Might be good for all us newbies to have as a resource.

The moderators have to add those links, you might leave them a message and see what they can do about that:)

We can have summer squash just not winter one ;)

massconfusion84
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Thankyou!!

Linden
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm having to buy everything for this diet on my own, so as long as I put in the effort I can buy the scale no problem. I'm certainly going to have a lot to buy for the first month!

I've been thinking about you since you first posted and your somewhat tough circumstances. And I'd really like to see you succeed. Plus, I have a strong Scottish streak. So here are some suggestions.

Since you have a super Walmart in Fredericksburg, they probably have a fairly good scale close to their pharmacy. You could use that instead of buying a scale and even if it isn't accurate it will be somewhat consistent. But while you're there, do buy a food scale, if you can, and be sure you get one with batteries, since that makes it cheaper. You should also buy flash frozen vegetables and meat as well as supplements. Look for a good multivitamin (Google requirements), and supplements with at least 250 mg magnesium, 800-100 mg calcium, and 3000 mg potassium. And iu 2000 of vitamin D if you aren't out in the sun much during the winter. Omega 3 fish oil is also VERY important. You can look for all of these foods/supplements at a Super Target and Coscos as well, if you can get to them.

As to vegetables, spinach is still about the best all round cheapest vegetable for it's nutritional value. Broccoli probably comes in second, but check around. (Google is such a good friend. :D) And buy Romaine lettuce in bulk (and eat in same) with olive oil and apple cider vinegar -- the cheapest, and to my mind best, dressing. And Romaine adds necessary fiber. Note: Getting enough magnesium and potassium are as essential for regularity as is fiber.

If your budget can extend to them, I'd get some a few spices. Oregano if you like Italian food. Curry powder (because it is TRULY healthy), and a Mrs Dash seasoning which will be particularly good on eggs (really inexpensive) as well as meat and vegetables.

Please, don't ignore the supplements whatever your do, OK? And it would be good to subscribe to the free version of Cronometer.com to track your food and supplements. IP is an unbalanced diet. Getting enough vital nutrients is so important, no matter how unbalanced it is. The point, really, is to be healthy as well as lose weight.

This is so bare bones, but I sure hope it helps.

galpal445
01-07-2012, 06:38 PM
We can have summer squash just not winter one ;)

My list only says zucchini. It doesn't say I can have summer squash. But I don't think there is that much difference between the two so I don't know why I couldn't have it. Had not really thought about it before.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 06:43 PM
My list only says zucchini. It doesn't say I can have summer squash. But I don't think there is that much difference between the two so I don't know why I couldn't have it. Had not really thought about it before.

Winter squash have more carbs than summer ones, like the Gourds and the spaghatti squash we can NOT have.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 06:50 PM
All of this helps so much!

I've picked my alternative products from the Nashuanutrition website and I was just getting to finding alternative supplements. I figured the supplements were essential to losing the weight healthily, so I'm glad you thought to mention how many mg of each I need. The vitamin D is one thing I will probably need because I rarely ever go outside.

I'll look into spinach! If I can get it cheaper than I can get frozen Broccoli, I'll eat that instead. The spinach would probably fit better with the romaine anyway!

I'm pasting all of this into a document for referral, and I'm honored that you want to see me succeed. I'm hoping I succeed as well; my mom seems to think this is a fad diet that isn't going to do me any good. Well, she hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell from her facial expressions.

Thanks so much!

doublebaby
01-07-2012, 07:02 PM

Been waiting to hear from you!! Congratulations!! You did really well!!

socalgirl83
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone! I just started ideal protein today so not sure what to think. I went out last night for one last hooray so my day didn't start till noon. I really hope this works. I was wondering if it's just me, but I don't want to tell anyone else I am on this diet...I just have been on diets all my life and I am embarrassed to say I'm starting yet another diet. Sometimes I feel like I have been on a diet since I was 12 and I'm still fat...what does that say about me?

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone! I just started ideal protein today so not sure what to think. I went out last night for one last hooray so my day didn't start till noon. I really hope this works. I was wondering if it's just me, but I don't want to tell anyone else I am on this diet...I just have been on diets all my life and I am embarrassed to say I'm starting yet another diet. Sometimes I feel like I have been on a diet since I was 12 and I'm still fat...what does that say about me?

It takes a lot of courage to let everyone know you are on a diet and most respect that. Most people wound be understand because I can bet you probably 9 out of 10 of your friends constantly watch what they eat just don't say anything about it. Do what makes you feel comfortable with, if you don't wanna tell anyone then don't but then again you might have that ONE friend who will help out and give you the support you may need. I have ALWAYS been a big girl and everyone knows I am on a diet because they have watched me changed. I have been on tons of diets and didn't stick to them but I also know that THIS ONE IS MY LAST!

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Great job, congrats!!:bravo:

I'm the same. I always make sure I have mints, packet salad dressing and my little sea salt shaker with me.

The only pudding I really like is the vanilla flavor. I add the 5oz of water and 8 ice cubes into the mix and then put in my blender on the crush ice cycle. Sprinkle on cinnamon and it's thick and yummy. It really is hit or miss the first couple of weeks while you find what you like. My clinic started me out with two weeks of food so I could try different things. I now know I only like the mushroom or chicken soup, the carmel chrunchy or cinnamon bars, the vanilla pudding and the RTD chocolate, vanilla or the peach mango drinks. Those are my favorites and I really don't vary from that.

patns
01-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I saw a thing on the internet about powerful but low calorie foods. Summer squash was close to the top of the list because of the nutrients and very low calories.

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm hoping I succeed as well; my mom seems to think this is a fad diet that isn't going to do me any good. Well, she hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell from her facial expressions.

Thanks so much!

My Dr. recommended this diet to me, and she's no quack for sure. My clinic is in a doctor's office (different doctor who recommended this diet). My doctor has lost a lot of weight on this plan and she recommends it to all of her patients who need to lose weight.

I try to fly under the radar as much as possible too as I've also been on a lot of diets. I didn't want people saying, "well there she goes again." This diet will work for you, just stay 100 percent on plan and no cheating. Some diets you can get away with a little cheat here and there, but not this one. The first 4 to5 days are hard going through the carb withdrawal, so hang in there. I was a little skeptical when I started this plan too especially since I've already been through menopause. I'm now happy to say in 3.5 months so far I've lost 51 pounds. I'm a believer now and so are two of my friends who found out what I've been doing. They are now happy IPers too.

rrrigos
01-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Thx for the tips much appreciated as I will be trying new things next week ;)

patns
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM
All of this helps so much!

I'm pasting all of this into a document for referral, and I'm honored that you want to see me succeed. I'm hoping I succeed as well; my mom seems to think this is a fad diet that isn't going to do me any good. Well, she hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell from her facial expressions.

Thanks so much!

I can relate to this, but in my case it's my grown kids who roll their eyes. My daughter is a vegetarian and can't help but comment that I don't eat fruit.But she has seen me on tons of diets too. So just keep plugging away at it and your mom will change her mind. So good of Linden to give the economical suggestions. It can be expensive so you need to make the best nutritious choices for your $$$.

Pat

doublebaby
01-07-2012, 07:49 PM

I was skeptical too when I first found out about IP but when I began looking into it I was hooked and my husband said "Go For It!" Didn't matter how many times I tried and failed, this is it! Of that I am certain. I don't talk about it unless someone notices and asks me about my losses and wonders how. I am usually pretty private about things. Once you begin losing though people are going to wonder and ask and that will really help you to feel good:carrot: /Good Luck

rrrigos
01-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I actually really like all of the WF products. The bacon ranch dressing mixed with the honey BBQ sauce is my fave! It tastes just as good as the normal stuff to me!

My fave foods are pretty much all of the restricted haha. The chilli is delicious, as are all of the bars. I love the puffs because they really satisfy a salt craving. I like the butterscott pudding the best, but recently I've started mixing half strawberry/half chocolate puddings and it's SO good.

And today, I had the cappuccino drink for the first time. SO YUMMY! I mixed it with a cup of coffee...it's going to be my new morning staple!

I HATED the soups.

I tried something different the other night for dinner...I made a soy patty, and then chopped up cukes, celery, onion and cherry tomatoes. I mashed it all together in a bowl w/ WF mayo and the WF bacon ranch dressing. It tasted like a zingy chicken salad. SO good!!

Thx for your feedback looking forward to trying the shakes and puddings!!!! ;)

doublebaby
01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Weighed in today and lost another 2.2 pounds! I didn't feel much of a change this week so that goes to show you that even when you least expect it you can have a loss! Afterwards my husband and I went to the mall and window shopped (for me meaning trying on clothes just to see what size I could wear now). I have gone from a size 24 to a 20 much to my surprize!! Can't believe I just bypassed a 22! I didn't buy anything though because I have a mini mall of assorted sizes in my closet up to and including 20's. After that I will have to do something about getting 18's I guess (hopefully)for a trip we are going on in February. I can't get over the losses so far on IP. And for everyone's helpful suggestions and all the help here.

As a side note...My coach gave me another sample to try today. Has anyone tried the new Lemon thingies? Don't know the exact name because I just had one package and didn't see the box but I think they are Lemon Soy something. They are like the other small soy stuff under snacks. I couldn't even find it on the website. They are really good if you like lemon stuff. I don't usually go for the snack bars and soy stuff either but these were good for the lemon factor.

EmilySebetka
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
So, I have learned that you have to weigh meat when its raw, not cooked! My 1lb of hamburger (when raw) turned into 8oz when cooked... *sigh*

That being said, I already am having a NSV...my legs are thinner!!! I have tons of water weight, so I can tell that the diet is working by how much my legs have slimmed. IDK if I've lost any weight because I don't think I've started ketosis yet, but hey, thinner legs never hurt anyone.

Tomorrow is test day...I'm hoping I'll pass!!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

newmom7611
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I went to target to look for some alternative supplements... I talked to te pharmacist there because the "closest" vitamin they had to IP was still lacking a bit in vitamin C and a few of the B vitamins (riboflavin & one or two other ones). She suggested I go to vitamin shoppe (or GNC or any other place like that). I did and after looking at several labels, I found one that had pretty much everything ( ample amounts). I talked to one of the experts and explained that I was on a strict diet and needed enough vitamins to supplement it. I had written down all of the vitamins and amounts from IP on a piece of paper and asked him if the bottle I chose would be best. He agreed that there was nothing in the store that was better for what i was looking for. I paid $24 for the whole bottle and it'll last me THREE months. That's all I'll need for the rest of the diet (let's hope). I'm thrilled that I won't have to pay $23 PER bottle and it only last me 5-6 weeks. Yay! Thanks everyone for chiming in the other night when I had a ton of questions about it.

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I went to target to look for some alternative supplements... I talked to te pharmacist there because the "closest" vitamin they had to IP was still lacking a bit in vitamin C and a few of the B vitamins (riboflavin & one or two other ones). She suggested I go to vitamin shoppe (or GNC or any other place like that). I did and after looking at several labels, I found one that had pretty much everything ( ample amounts). I talked to one of the experts and explained that I was on a strict diet and needed enough vitamins to supplement it. I had written down all of the vitamins and amounts from IP on a piece of paper and asked him if the bottle I chose would be best. He agreed that there was nothing in the store that was better for what i was looking for. I paid $24 for the whole bottle and it'll last me THREE months. That's all I'll need for the rest of the diet (let's hope). I'm thrilled that I won't have to pay $23 PER bottle and it only last me 5-6 weeks. Yay! Thanks everyone for chiming in the other night when I had a ton of questions about it.

So what did you end up getting?

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Winter squash have more carbs than summer ones, like the Gourds and the spaghatti squash we can NOT have.

I am so glad I just happened to be passing through and read this. My aunt just told me to come over this week for spaghetti squash. I will have to tell her I can't have it. She is trying to be supportive and I thought we could have that. But, it's okay, we'll have to tweek the menu!

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 08:52 PM
So, I have learned that you have to weigh meat when its raw, not cooked! My 1lb of hamburger (when raw) turned into 8oz when cooked... *sigh*

That being said, I already am having a NSV...my legs are thinner!!! I have tons of water weight, so I can tell that the diet is working by how much my legs have slimmed. IDK if I've lost any weight because I don't think I've started ketosis yet, but hey, thinner legs never hurt anyone.

Tomorrow is test day...I'm hoping I'll pass!!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Congrats on the NSV! That should make you feel motivated to keep going in itself. Yes your meat needs to be weighed raw. I get 4 hamburgers out of my pound and I have 2 for supper. Your veggies need to be weighed raw too and you need to get 4 cups every day not more or less. Keep going! Good luck on your WI I think once you start seeing your inches and pounds going away it will help you continue to move forward.

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM

I am the same way. I haven't told many people because when I tell them all they really say is okay, with a "i dont really believe you" kind of tone. So, I refrain from telling anyone. I am a little nervous about tomorrow, because I have a baby shower with 70 people for one of my close friends. I just found out it will be a BRUNCH baby shower. I was hoping it would be lunch so that I knew salad would be served, but it's not. So, I"m thinking I will get a plate put some eggs on it and just a few other things and just not eat it. I will move it around on the plate, drink lots of water and bring my shake. Plus I'm going to eat before I go, probably some veggies. I know it will be hard tomorrow, but I would rather "fake" eat then have to explain to everyone at my table why i'm only sitting there with water. I know that i wont be the MAIN focus, but i'm sure someone at my table would notice i didn't get a plate of food.

galpal445
01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
My coach gave me another sample to try today. Has anyone tried the new Lemon thingies? Don't know the exact name

My coach had told me about these a little over two weeks ago and said they would be available when I go back in this Thursday. I'm really looking forward to trying them because I love the Lemon Bars. I think she said they were called Lemon Soy Puffs.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:12 PM
My coach had told me about these a little over two weeks ago and said they would be available when I go back in this Thursday. I'm really looking forward to trying them because I love the Lemon Bars. I think she said they were called Lemon Soy Puffs.

exactly what they are called, the apple cinnamon ones are one of my staples every week for breakfast!

JKfromIL
01-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone have a list of the ip products that contain soy?

NavyMommy
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Just got home from Sam's :) Just FYI if you have the plus membership where you can get the coupons there are coupons out for green peppers, cucumbers, and broccoli. I am all stocked up now.

It looks like there are lots of great successes today :) Congrats to everyone!! I think I've decided that eggs are my new staple dinner. Mainly because hubby makes them for me and they're delicious. I also made up a huge batch of my cucumber / onion salad so it will be ready for lunches all week.

Oh, and for anyone interested there is a new type of pickle (well new to my stores at least), it's Mt. Olive Bread and Butter Pickles made with Splenda. I had tried the Vlassic ones before and wasn't a fan but the Mt. Olive ones are much crunchier and IMO don't taste as artificial as the Vlassic ones.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

I haven't mentioned it to anyone at honestly at first it bothered me. However; not only have I been on 1,000,000 diets but all of my close friends are nutrition /exercise nuts and I know they don't 'approve' of the low carb lifestyle. IMO, it's temporary and really none of their business. I wouldn't lie to them if it came up, but I've just not mentioned it.

Weighed in today and lost another 2.2 pounds! I didn't feel much of a change this week so that goes to show you that even when you least expect it you can have a loss! Afterwards my husband and I went to the mall and window shopped (for me meaning trying on clothes just to see what size I could wear now). I have gone from a size 24 to a 20 much to my surprize!! Can't believe I just bypassed a 22! I didn't buy anything though because I have a mini mall of assorted sizes in my closet up to and including 20's. After that I will have to do something about getting 18's I guess (hopefully)for a trip we are going on in February. I can't get over the losses so far on IP. And for everyone's helpful suggestions and all the help here.

As a side note...My coach gave me another sample to try today. Has anyone tried the new Lemon thingies? Don't know the exact name because I just had one package and didn't see the box but I think they are Lemon Soy something. They are like the other small soy stuff under snacks. I couldn't even find it on the website. They are really good if you like lemon stuff. I don't usually go for the snack bars and soy stuff either but these were good for the lemon factor.

Congrats!!! That's awesome. I heard the lemon things were really good, but I don't go to my coach anymore so I never got to try them; however, if I go back to her they're on my list to try.

Where did you get them and what kind were they?

I am the same way. I haven't told many people because when I tell them all they really say is okay, with a "i dont really believe you" kind of tone. So, I refrain from telling anyone. I am a little nervous about tomorrow, because I have a baby shower with 70 people for one of my close friends. I just found out it will be a BRUNCH baby shower. I was hoping it would be lunch so that I knew salad would be served, but it's not. So, I"m thinking I will get a plate put some eggs on it and just a few other things and just not eat it. I will move it around on the plate, drink lots of water and bring my shake. Plus I'm going to eat before I go, probably some veggies. I know it will be hard tomorrow, but I would rather "fake" eat then have to explain to everyone at my table why i'm only sitting there with water. I know that i wont be the MAIN focus, but i'm sure someone at my table would notice i didn't get a plate of food.

Do whatever makes you most comfortable. I've been to buffet dinners like that in the past and when they asked me why I wasn't eating I just said I had a big lunch / breakfast or had already eaten. Having food on my plate that wasn't OP would be to tempting for me, but chances are they'll have some kind of veggie tray or salad you can grab to nibble at.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Anyone have a list of the ip products that contain soy?

Maybe this will help you

Watkat
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Maybe this will help you

Hi, skinny! You look fabulous!

mrsmurphy
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
NavyMom,

What kind of cucumber/onion salad do you make? I am looking for different vegetables. I am not a great cook, actually i'm terrible, unless it's meatballs and homemade sauce lol. Anyways, I am struggling trying to find creative ways to eat/make vegetables. I don't like many greens like spinach, turnips, collards.. the thought of them make me want to gag. I do like broccoli and cauliflower, cucumbers, onions...

JKfromIL
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe this will help you

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I have just found that I am breaking out in red blotches when I eat the bars. Never had any allergies but I was just trying to see if I can narrow down what to avoid :)

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 09:43 PM
NavyMom,

What kind of cucumber/onion salad do you make? I am looking for different vegetables. I am not a great cook, actually i'm terrible, unless it's meatballs and homemade sauce lol. Anyways, I am struggling trying to find creative ways to eat/make vegetables. I don't like many greens like spinach, turnips, collards.. the thought of them make me want to gag. I do like broccoli and cauliflower, cucumbers, onions...

Go to the sticky on the first page and it has 3 sections on recipes. Maybe you will find something you like in those. Also, I was going through a thread today that I bumped earlier from FinnSteven (something like recipes from Finland). It has a bunch of food that he has made better. See if any of those help. Personally at this point I still enjoy brocoli and cauliflower. I throw it in my wok with the olive oil and salt and let it get super crispy (almost burn) it reminds me of fried cauliflower from the bottom of the basket. Just this week I made the cauliflower "rice" and put hamburger season with taco seasoning over the top and mixed it all up. Felt like a mexican dish to me.

4kiddos
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Go to the sticky on the first page and it has 3 sections on recipes. Maybe you will find something you like in those. Also, I was going through a thread today that I bumped earlier from FinnSteven (something like recipes from Finland). It has a bunch of food that he has made better. See if any of those help. Personally at this point I still enjoy brocoli and cauliflower. I throw it in my wok with the olive oil and salt and let it get super crispy (almost burn) it reminds me of fried cauliflower from the bottom of the basket. Just this week I made the cauliflower "rice" and put hamburger season with taco seasoning over the top and mixed it all up. Felt like a mexican dish to me.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi, skinny! You look fabulous!

HEY!!!!....OMG, how are you???...i have MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!

gs463
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
On day two today. So far so good. I have been feeling good except for a bit of a head ache first thing in the morning and around dinner time. After I eat it tends to go away.
Night time is always the hardest for me. So I have been trying to keep myself occupied by reading posts each night so I don't eat.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
On day two today. So far so good. I have been feeling good except for a bit of a head ache first thing in the morning and around dinner time. After I eat it tends to go away.
Night time is always the hardest for me. So I have been trying to keep myself occupied by reading posts each night so I don't eat.

your headache goes away after you eat because your electrolytes are low. The next time you start to get one put 1/2tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it off then drink some water 10-15 mins it will be gone :)

kiki4me
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi Everybody!

I finished my 1st week and am in my 2nd week. I followed my plan pretty well and was thrilled about that. BUTTT, I only lost 3.5. It seems pretty low to what I've seen some of you guys accomplish. I did not cheat and did everything else I'm supposed to. My coach was just encouraging - but I have quite a bit to lose (60-70 to lose) so I was just thinking more would come off!

Here's where I think I goofed up:
1- Ate beef 4 times a week instead of two
2-Had two restricted foods (a oops) on two days

I'm trying to stay postive because I am doing so many healthy things...but just surprised that I didn't lose more....Any explanations??

I also excercised three times a week on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. Would that be enough to throw off more weight loss? (I don't want to quit excercising...)

stolaf
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Wuv - HOLY COW!! You look amazing! I can't believe how much weight you have lost. You are so close to goal. Keep it up!!!

gs463
01-07-2012, 10:02 PM

I just asked my coach about this today and she said zuchinni (green squash) only,

Shayideal
01-07-2012, 10:05 PM
NavyMom,

I make a cucumber, green pepper, onion & tomato salad. I cut everything up and sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt & pepper on it. Then make a dressing using Apple Cider Vinegar and olive oil. Just whisk about 2 parts vinegar 1 part oil together. I love vinegar. My grandma has made this salad forever and it has always been my favorite even before IP. :)

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Everybody!

I finished my 1st week and am in my 2nd week. I followed my plan pretty well and was thrilled about that. BUTTT, I only lost 3.5. It seems pretty low to what I've seen some of you guys accomplish. I did not cheat and did everything else I'm supposed to. My coach was just encouraging - but I have quite a bit to lose (60-70 to lose) so I was just thinking more would come off!

I'm trying to stay postive because I am doing so many healthy things...but just surprised that I didn't lose more....Any explanations??

I also excercised three times a week on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. Would that be enough to throw off more weight loss? (I don't want to quit excercising...)

Well there could be a couple of things that are happening....First are you eating 3 or 4 packets a day? On this program they specially tell you NO EXERCISE, we only eat 800-900 cals a day with that being said If you are only eating 3 you need to add another packet 1/2 before your workout and 1/2 after. Second you loss 3.4lbs....that is 3.4lbs you do NOT have to carry around any longer. NEVER compare yourself to anyone, we ALL lose different. Your body could be retaining water, could be that time of the month there are a lot of things that could be happening and your next week you may have a bigger loss or one close to this one. NEVER be disappointed in ANY LOSS no matter how SMALL it is!!!....Be PROUD!!!

Wuv - HOLY COW!! You look amazing! I can't believe how much weight you have lost. You are so close to goal. Keep it up!!!

LOL....thank you Stolaf....i have 23lbs left to my first goal then I am going to go for 50more then I will be done!

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 10:11 PM
I just asked my coach about this today and she said zuchinni (green squash) only,

All coaches are different, Mine says we can have the yellow ones with the crooked necks :) I lived on those when I first started!

I make a cucumber, green pepper, onion & tomato salad. I cut everything up and sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt & pepper on it. Then make a dressing using Apple Cider Vinegar and olive oil. Just whisk about 2 parts vinegar 1 part oil together. I love vinegar. My grandma has made this salad forever and it has always been my favorite even before IP. :)

Make sure you watch the tomatos though, that is a veggie to only be eaten twice a week. Its an occasional veggie:)

CarrieA
01-07-2012, 10:39 PM

I HATED the soups.

I look forward to having my cappacino with coffee every morning. I also like to mix DeVinci Suger Free Hazelnut syrup into my drink. It's very yummy!!! DeVinci also makes a Khulua flavor which I like to mix with my chocolate drink mix.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-07-2012, 10:54 PM
OKAY, break from work to ask a few questions.

If I use Atkins bars as an alternative, can they be considered as a non-restricted item if they have a low amount of carbs? What exactly does "restricted" mean anyway?

ALSO, is the Pure Protein whey protein powder okay to use for shakes? Restricted or non-restricted?

I want to not have any restricted items, but doing so on a budget seems tough.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM

If I use Atkins bars as an alternative, can they be considered as a non-restricted item if they have a low amount of carbs? What exactly does "restricted" mean anyway?

ALSO, is the Pure Protein whey protein powder okay to use for shakes? Restricted or non-restricted?

Have you checked out this thread?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194760-ip-food-altnerative-ideas-tips.html

I would think that the shakes are non restricted. Restricted items are (I believe) anything over 17gr of carbs, please correct me if I am wrong. It is ok to have restricted items but limit them to 1 a day. Your restricted items have more carbs and calories, that is why it is suggested you have it for breakfast or lunch so that you have all day to burn it.

kiki4me
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Well there could be a couple of things that are happening....First are you eating 3 or 4 packets a day? On this program they specially tell you NO EXERCISE, we only eat 800-900 cals a day with that being said If you are only eating 3 you need to add another packet 1/2 before your workout and 1/2 after. Second you loss 3.4lbs....that is 3.4lbs you do NOT have to carry around any longer. NEVER compare yourself to anyone, we ALL lose different. Your body could be retaining water, could be that time of the month there are a lot of things that could be happening and your next week you may have a bigger loss or one close to this one. NEVER be disappointed in ANY LOSS no matter how SMALL it is!!!....Be PROUD!!!

Hi Wuv - Thanks for the reply...and so fast....

I pretty much had 4 packets a day since I was so hungry. Sorry for not listing that important fact. I realize that they say no excercise - and I just couldn't give that up - so my coach knows and, in fact, did it herself too. I just love how it makes me feel - and am afraid I'd feel horrible or depressed if I gave it up. I DID cut down to three days that week since I was feeling yucky the first four days though. I just really want to keep it...and maybe that is why my loss isn't so much? I guess I'll take it then...I just hope I'm not someone with a weird metabolism --- but yes, I am glad it is going in the right direction....

I've had a parial hysterectomy so don't know when my TOM is...but yes, I could still be retaining water...

So glad this forum is here! I also plugged in what I've been eating into myfitnesspal.com and am amazed that I can eat so little calories and feel so satisfied!

DanafromAustin
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
NavyMom,

I roast a lot of my vegetables now. Just tossing them in some olive oil and some sea salt and roasting them gives them a whole new flavor to me.

Hi Everybody!

Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week. Also when I exercise it really slows down my weight loss. I just stick to some strength training, but still make sure I eat some protein right before and right after exercising - really important. My coach calls this the couch potato diet.

newmom7611
01-07-2012, 11:15 PM
the vitamins that i purchased today are the vitamin shoppe's brand - Easy to swallow Ultimate woman multivitamin (sustained release)

i was SO excited to find these, but now i'm a little upset. i was going over the label again, just to be sure that i wouldn't be deficient in any that were majorly important, and as i went ALL the way down the label, i noticed that it contains a total of 105 mg of a "fruit and veggie blend" some that contain carrot powder, papaya fruit powder, orange fruit powder, so on and so forth. i'm so upset that i didn't see this before i tore the seal off to check out the pills. i was stoked to see the NO wheat, salt, dairy, fish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors... i think i may have jumped the gun :( what do you ladies think? any of the veterans think that i should put these on the shelf for after i'm done IP or you think i'll be fine? i have never cheated and would HATE to stall over a vitamin!

CarrieA
01-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Well it's been awhile since I visited this web site and I see a lot new faces. With the summer, football season and the holidays I just got busy. I hope to visit more often not.

Anyway, on February 9th it will be a year since my husband and I started IP. I lost about 45 lbs. by the summer and had managed to keep it off through the Fall. I never moved from phase I because I could never go a full week with cheating and finish losing the last few pounds. Over the holidays I gained 8 lbs.. I decided to start phase 1 this Tuesday and follow it to the letter. I've found it's not that easy to go back after having small cheats all the time for several months. I hope to get myself mentally on track and get these last few pounds off.

kiki4me
01-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week. Also when I exercise it really slows down my weight loss. I just stick to some strength training, but still make sure I eat some protein right before and right after exercising - really important. My coach calls this the couch potato diet.

Hmmmm.... That's so funny that it slows weight loss down! I just hate to stop after so many years and benefits my mood sooo much!

My coach did tell me to drop down to 3 packets on my 2nd week (she is a relatively new coach so I like to match what she says with others) but truthfully, it is hard! I'm tempted to add in that 4th packet... She did say I could add in a hard boiled egg but haven't had a chance to boil eggs yet....ha! (Maybe I should get off the computer...nah!) :)

JellyMae87
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
the vitamins that i purchased today are the vitamin shoppe's brand - Easy to swallow Ultimate woman multivitamin (sustained release)

i was SO excited to find these, but now i'm a little upset. i was going over the label again, just to be sure that i wouldn't be deficient in any that were majorly important, and as i went ALL the way down the label, i noticed that it contains a total of 105 mg of a "fruit and veggie blend" some that contain carrot powder, papaya fruit powder, orange fruit powder, so on and so forth. i'm so upset that i didn't see this before i tore the seal off to check out the pills. i was stoked to see the NO wheat, salt, dairy, fish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors... i think i may have jumped the gun :( what do you ladies think? any of the veterans think that i should put these on the shelf for after i'm done IP or you think i'll be fine? i have never cheated and would HATE to stall over a vitamin!
I wouldn't think that it would make you stall... How far down the list is it...

kiki4me
01-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week.

So, Dana, How often did you eat beef without it affecting weight loss that much? I do eat the extra lean beef - I just had such a craving for it last week!

newmom7611
01-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the response jellyMae. My fiancé didn't think it would either. When he saw that it was only 105 mg he said that couldn't possibly de-rail me. He appreciates me trying to save him money but he wants me to stick close to protocol because he knows it's workin for me and doesnt want me to deviate. So if he says I should give it a try, it makes me feel a little better about it.

As far as how far down the list it is--- it's in it's own separate box below all the listed vitamins. Like I said, I didnt web see it till I got home and ripped the seal off :/

Determinedat47
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM

My clinic considers any product over 9 carb grams as restricted.

mrsmurphy
01-08-2012, 12:33 AM
can we have yellow, red or orange bell peppers?

CarrieA
01-08-2012, 12:44 AM

I usually add a little extra water to the pudding so it wasn't so gloppy (if that's a word). I would also add extra water and ice and put in my magic bullet and turn into an icy shake. There are suger free syrups that DeVinci makes (our Walmart carries them in their coffee/creamer section and our Sams carries them as well) that you can add to your puddings or shakes to enhance the flavor. There is also a Kaluha flavor that I add to the chocolate drink mix with water and ice in my magic bullet until there are just a little ice crystals in it. It taste like a chocolate mocha drink...yummy. I hated the omelet when it was made into an omelet. I found the best way to make the omelet is to saute some mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet with a little olive oil then add your mixed up omelet to the pan...make it more like scrambled eggs. I also add extra spices to it like Mrs. Dash garlic and herbs and sometimes a little shot of hot sauce.

If you get the soy patty mix it up with a little more water than recommended add some dried minced onion and some spices like Mrs. Dash garlic and herb or watever you like and salt and pepper. While that sits I saute diced up zucchini (about 1/2 c. or so and sometimes add red bell pepper as well) in a small fry pan with a little olive oil. Pour the zucchini into the soy patty mixture and mix up. Add a little more olive oil into pan add the mixture and pat it out until it fills up the pan...let it cook a few minutes then turn and let it cook on the other side for a few minutes. I really like it because it's a little crispy outside and softer inside.

I like to add Franks Hot sauce to the Waldon Farms blue Cheese dressing then make a wrap of lettuce leaves with grilled chicken tenders and add dressing into wrap.

Turnips will take on the flavor of whatever it's cooked with and makes a great substitute to potatoes. I will saute half a head of thinly sliced cabbage in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and sliced onions (I know you're not supposed to saute them but you could add dried onion) for about 7 minutes or so. I add a med/lrg peeled and diced up turnip into the cabbage. Add salt and pepper..stir together..add a little water so it won't stick and put lid on it. Cook until the cabbage and turnips are soft. I cook it until the water cooks out and the cabbage gets a little hint of carmel color.

You have to be creative with this diet. There are lots of products that you can use to enhance the IP products and the Waldon Farms if you use it.

Good luck and keep experimenting.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 12:45 AM

correct, the yellow and red are limited(occasional) but the green is a regular veggie

lindac36
01-08-2012, 12:54 AM
lorilou!!! WAYS TO GO!!!

lindac36
01-08-2012, 01:07 AM
NFV for me. I went to my favorite bar to watch my Bengals (so sad, so sad, been a fan since the 70's...) Anyway, watched the game, drank my waters and the bartenders made me herbal tea. It wasn't so weird to not drink a beer, in fact, I didn't really even want one. Yippie for me. Day 5 and doing great. Thanks to everyone here!

DanafromAustin
01-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Hmmmm.... That's so funny that it slows weight loss down! I just hate to stop after so many years and benefits my mood sooo much!

My coach did tell me to drop down to 3 packets on my 2nd week (she is a relatively new coach so I like to match what she says with others) but truthfully, it is hard! I'm tempted to add in that 4th packet... She did say I could add in a hard boiled egg but haven't had a chance to boil eggs yet....ha! (Maybe I should get off the computer...nah!) :)

You of course should ask your coach first, but I do know it is recommended to add an extra packet if you are going to work out that hard. I know it's difficult, here you are getting thinner and the need to move seems greater. I know it did for me. So now I just go for a walk when I feel the need to move and then head to the gym for the weights.

So, Dana, How often did you eat beef without it affecting weight loss that much? I do eat the extra lean beef - I just had such a craving for it last week!

I've never really thought about it. I just eat meat (lean cuts) when I feel like it and I guess that would be about 3 times a week, sometimes more. We eat A LOT of chicken at home, but on the other nights it's beef. Oh, and salmon usually once a week.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 02:25 AM
I have great news!

I'll be able to start this sooner than I thought. I decided to buy my ingredients weekly and it will take me about 11 days to make enough for the necessary multivitamins and food. For cheaper prices, I probably won't be diving to eat these meals every day, but I won't be living like this for the rest of my life. I'll suck it up!

I could start sooner if I didn't have to pay taxes. The one downside to being self-employed is the taxes . . . . I'm going to need 170 to buy what I need to get started, but because of taxes I need to make 1.4 of that. Dx

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone that has commented on my posts or contacted me directly for being so helpful. I'm usually hesitant to talk in forums, but this place is more than friendly enough to make me want to stick around.

Linden
01-08-2012, 05:55 AM

It depends on which Pure Protein. 15 g of protein is a bit low if you're having 3 portions of it a day. You might take a look at Syntrax Matrix. Considered one of the very best because of all the nutrients, especially the amino acids. And definitely cheaper, especially when you buy 5 pounds. Drawback? Watch out for flavors with 6 carbs per serving. That's all I can get here, except for lots of nasty bodybuilding stuff, so I put up with the carbs. If you want to avoid restricteds, you pretty much have to give up on the bars, I think.

stolaf
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I made my goal right after Thanksgiving and properly phased off...then Christmas hit and I went a little nuts! I was up 6 pounds from my goal weight as of last Tuesday. That's when I went back OP and I am happy to say I've dropped 3 pounds so far.

I did forget how bad the headaches are when you start this diet! ugh!

I am back on track and plan on losing another 20-ish pounds this time around. Good luck to everyone and stay on track. This is an amazing diet and truly does work.

galpal445
01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Your restricted items have more carbs and calories, that is why it is suggested you have it for breakfast or lunch so that you have all day to burn it.

Chapter 12 of Dr Chanh's book talks about when to eat the higher carbs. If I am understanding what he is saying, the higher carbs should be eaten at the evening meal/snack to allow our bodies to convert them to usable energy for the next day. I would recommend everyone read the book or at least this chapter as it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which is popular right now.

There is a link to this book on the first page of each IP Chat thread or here is a link:
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Good morning!! Day 6 for me and I'm feeling really good. It helps that I peeked at the scale this morning before my official WI tomorrow morning and am very happy with what I saw. Yesterday afternoon was hard for me because we were shopping at Sam's at about dinner time so decided to go ahead and feed the kids (and hubby) there. I was feeding the baby his pizza dinner and hubby commented on how great it was I was abstaining and waiting for my eggs when we got home. I told him "It's not that I'm that strong, I just want to be skinny more than I want this pizza". It really put things into perspective for me, and made me thing of all the wonderful people on this site!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

NavyMom,

I thinly slice cucumber and red onion and pour a marinade of Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Fresh Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, mustard, and a touch of Splenda over it and let it sit in the fridge until I'm ready for it. I had been doing individual servings, but this week I'm experimenting with making a big batch I can pull from all week. It really helps to jazz up the veggies, and I need something simple and ready to go. I'll measure the ingredients for the marinade next week, I am just a pour and cook kind of girl, but if it helps I usually get 8-10 ounces of marinade from each batch.

Maybe this will help you

LOVE the new profile picture!!! Hott Mama!!!

It's good you know when the rough times are for you and are doing things to make sure you don't give in. For me it's the late afternoon / early evening when I'm making the families dinner. I will go brush my teeth or chew gum so that I remember not to pop anything in my mouth out of habit. I tend to taste a lot when I cook so now I have to call in hubby to be my official taste tester. Day 3 might be rough (it was the roughest for me) but once you come out on the other side in Ketosis you won't believe how amazing you feel.

Hi Everybody!

The exercise could have done it. Check out the sticky thread for a really good thread on exercising on IP. I know there have been some people who exercised throughout the protocol but they had to make some adjustments to the diet to make sure they were getting enough calories and nutrients to still lose. I would work with your coach and maybe stop for a week just to see if it changes things. Now that you know about the restricteds it won't happen again. I know you're not the first and won't be the last who get that mixed up.

The shakes I believe are non restricteds. If you look at the sheet posted in the alternative thread that is stickied you'll find a list of what IP treats as restricted and non restricted. The cut off as I see it is anything with 8 or more carbs is a restricted, many of the puffs have 8-9 carbs and are treated as a restricted, but the chocolate drink has 7 and is a non restricted. JMO, I don't know what the official number is. I attached the nutritional info just so you would have it. The restricted bars are actually probably a little more expensive so if you wanted to get by without any of them you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Well it's been awhile since I visited this web site and I see a lot new faces. With the summer, football season and the holidays I just got busy. I hope to visit more often not.

Anyway, on February 9th it will be a year since my husband and I started IP. I lost about 45 lbs. by the summer and had managed to keep it off through the Fall. I never moved from phase I because I could never go a full week with cheating and finish losing the last few pounds. Over the holidays I gained 8 lbs.. I decided to start phase 1 this Tuesday and follow it to the letter. I've found it's not that easy to go back after having small cheats all the time for several months. I hope to get myself mentally on track and get these last few pounds off.

Congrats on the 45lbs and welcome back!! You're right about it being hard to get back on the wagon so to speak after tiny cheats. Dinner at a friends house was my downfall the first time because one thing led to another and soon I was justifying going off the plan until after the holidays.

Yes! Personally I count them as a restricted veggie and limit my intake, but my coach told me all peppers were okay. The carb count in the colored ones is higher though so I limit them to 2 times a week or so.

NFV for me. I went to my favorite bar to watch my Bengals (so sad, so sad, been a fan since the 70's...) Anyway, watched the game, drank my waters and the bartenders made me herbal tea. It wasn't so weird to not drink a beer, in fact, I didn't really even want one. Yippie for me. Day 5 and doing great. Thanks to everyone here!

Congrats!!! Isn't it amazing what you can do and adjust to once you set your mind to it?

I made my goal right after Thanksgiving and properly phased off...then Christmas hit and I went a little nuts! I was up 6 pounds from my goal weight as of last Tuesday. That's when I went back OP and I am happy to say I've dropped 3 pounds so far.

I did forget how bad the headaches are when you start this diet! ugh!

I am back on track and plan on losing another 20-ish pounds this time around. Good luck to everyone and stay on track. This is an amazing diet and truly does work.

Congrats and welcome back!! I remember you from the first time I started and hope you have the same success again! Personally the withdrawl the second time around was worse for me than the first time, but happy to say I'm on day 6 and feeling just as great as I did last time I was on IP.

sekc14
01-08-2012, 09:55 AM

In my limited experience on IP, I had a similar situation. I didn't exercise the first 3 weeks, as recommended and was eating seafood or eggs for protein because I've never been much of a beef eater. One evening I broiled filet mignon in my oven until perfection (quite by accident because, I haven't cooked beef much), along with a salad and WF dressing, I was in Hog T Heaven!! The taste was fabulous! I began eating tenderloin beef or salmon daily. (I didn't know until reading your post that beef was on a limited list. ) Also, I got back to swimming, walking, and horseback riding. Suddenly, after an office WI, my at home scale went up 2#s. Horrors!! My coach had just told me in the WI to limit the beef and salmon but, I had it already cooked in my fridge and didn't want to waste it.

I made sure my portions were within limit and once I ran out, began eating eggs (I have my own chickens so these are extra healthy and tasty), white fish, etc. I didn't reduce the amount of exercise and I'm happy to report the at home scale has moved down 4 lbs, net -2#s.

I also cut down on consumption of WF syrups just in case that was a culprit too. The lesson learned for me is to stay OP as designed and don't try to make life more interesting by having beef more often or too much WF syrups. The diet is temporary however, the more I deviate, the more I draw it out.

ShanCo
01-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I started IP Thursday this week and so far am feeling great! I was worried about the headaches so paid extra attention to getting my salt in before they happened and so far have been headache free :) I am so excited to finally get this weight off of me once and for all, I have been a lifetime dieter. My husband says I'm really good at losing weight...I say I'm just not good at keeping it off! This time WILL be different, I have HUGE motivation...

5 months ago I delivered my beautiful son by emergency c-section after a traumatic pre-eclampsia related delivery. We both made it through and were home recovering. About 4 weeks into my recovery I started getting severe headaches, and even once left side numbness and vision loss. After going to the ER they found that I had a large brain tumor. It was luckily benign but had to be removed immediately. My surgeon was amazing and my surgery was a miraculous success with no side effects that could have been. Once home recovering from that my son started getting sick and was airlifted to Children's hospital where we were for 9 days and a stomach surgery.

Needless to say 2011 was a trying year, but it was also an eye opening year! Life is too short to spend it miserable and unhealthy. God has given me a second chance at life and I want to show Him how grateful I am by living it in the healthiest body possible! I owe it to me, my surgeon, my son, my husband, and Him! I WILL do this!!!

OK, so I do have a question...I tried the Big Mac in a Bowl last night...delicious as everyone says, but my question is what does everyone do to get the 2 cups of veggies in with it? The lettuce doesn't count and the pickles are pretty minimal so what else do you do with it?

So excited to have found this site!!!

leganegan
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Don't worry I wouldn't stress. In fact, I haven't eaten squash on plan to see how it affects losses, but my coach did tell me once that you can occasionally eat it. :)

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Wuv - I meant to ask you yesterday, but is the Black Cherry MiO you were talking about the new Energy MiO with the added caffeine? That was all I saw in my store (and I bought some, you're right, yum!) but I wasn't sure if it was the same. Thanks!

TracyAWC
01-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Chapter 12 of Dr Chanh's book talks about when to eat the higher carbs. If I am understanding what he is saying, the higher carbs should be eaten at the evening meal/snack to allow our bodies to convert them to usable energy for the next day. I would recommend everyone read the book or at least this chapter as it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which is popular right now.

There is a link to this book on the first page of each IP Chat thread or here is a link:

Has anyone ever asked their coach why the tip is to avoid having the restricted as a snack when the book talks about having the bulk of your carbs at dinnertime? Just wondering...

Tmg1989
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Really interesting pg 78-81 discusses above. Thanks galpal!

gs463
01-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Today is the morning of day three and I just had the cereal made in the the "non restricted" pancakes. I must say they were pretty good and fillings. This will probably be a weekend breakfast for me as during the weekdays I am always too rushed to cook anything.

I just wanted to put out there that I asked the doctor (chiropractor) who is running the center that I go to many questions at my first appointment so I thought I would share some of the answers. The center I go to the doctor is the area director everyone there has been to the most recent IP seminars. They seem very informative and helpful. I even got a call at home on day two to see how I was doing. Here is some of what they said are changes to the diet as of the newest IP seminar:

8 oz of lean meats- If your paperwork says anything less it's old and your center or coach has not been to the newest seminars.

green, red, yellow, orange peppers are all allowed- she said it used to be only green and other colors were limited use.

If you are eating eggs as your protien you can have the whole egg now. You no longer have to have 2 whites plus one whole. She said they determined that eggs, as we all know, are great protien and the whole is better for us.

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

The other thing she said is that IP only opens new centers now with someone running it that is a licensed M.D. She said that IP is trying to monitor and shut down those older centers who are not following proticol or do not have a doctor running it and following the new plan.

I have read that some of you on this site are having issues with coaches who really are just selling the products and are not educating you or helping you with the diet. She said that IP wants to know this and you should contact them and give your centers info and they will guide you or get you to a qualified center.

Hope some of this helps.

patns
01-08-2012, 11:20 AM

I am bumping this post again because so many of the newer posters are saying how much they are exercising. It is so important to understand why the plan is set up the way it is and Dr Chanh's downloadable book is an easy read.

Pat

patns
01-08-2012, 11:28 AM
In my limited experience on IP, I had a similar situation. I didn't exercise the first 3 weeks, as recommended and was eating seafood or eggs for protein because I've never been much of a beef eater. One evening I broiled filet mignon in my oven until perfection (quite by accident because, I haven't cooked beef much), along with a salad and WF dressing, I was in Hog T Heaven!! The taste was fabulous! I began eating tenderloin beef or salmon daily. (I didn't know until reading your post that beef was on a limited list. ) Also, I got back to swimming, walking, and horseback riding. Suddenly, after an office WI, my at home scale went up 2#s. Horrors!! My coach had just told me in the WI to limit the beef and salmon but, I had it already cooked in my fridge and didn't want to waste it.

I made sure my portions were within limit and once I ran out, began eating eggs (I have my own chickens so these are extra healthy and tasty), white fish, etc. I didn't reduce the amount of exercise and I'm happy to report the at home scale has moved down 4 lbs, net -2#s.

I also cut down on consumption of WF syrups just in case that was a culprit too. The lesson learned for me is to stay OP as designed and don't try to make life more interesting by having beef more often or too much WF syrups. The diet is temporary however, the more I deviate, the more I draw it out.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but on my sheet beef is not restricted at all. In fact I had bigger losses when I ate it. I have steak or roast about once a week and also have extra lean ground beef on other days to make soups etc. I mix the extra lean ground beef with lean ground turkey, half and half. This is just something I got used to doing on another plan, the turkey takes on the taste of the beef.

I think some coaches are still using older protocol sheets and that is where the confusion comes in.

patns
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I started IP Thursday this week and so far am feeling great! I was worried about the headaches so paid extra attention to getting my salt in before they happened and so far have been headache free :) I am so excited to finally get this weight off of me once and for all, I have been a lifetime dieter. My husband says I'm really good at losing weight...I say I'm just not good at keeping it off! This time WILL be different, I have HUGE motivation...

5 months ago I delivered my beautiful son by emergency c-section after a traumatic pre-eclampsia related delivery. We both made it through and were home recovering. About 4 weeks into my recovery I started getting severe headaches, and even once left side numbness and vision loss. After going to the ER they found that I had a large brain tumor. It was luckily benign but had to be removed immediately. My surgeon was amazing and my surgery was a miraculous success with no side effects that could have been. Once home recovering from that my son started getting sick and was airlifted to Children's hospital where we were for 9 days and a stomach surgery.

Needless to say 2011 was a trying year, but it was also an eye opening year! Life is too short to spend it miserable and unhealthy. God has given me a second chance at life and I want to show Him how grateful I am by living it in the healthiest body possible! I owe it to me, my surgeon, my son, my husband, and Him! I WILL do this!!!

OK, so I do have a question...I tried the Big Mac in a Bowl last night...delicious as everyone says, but my question is what does everyone do to get the 2 cups of veggies in with it? The lettuce doesn't count and the pickles are pretty minimal so what else do you do with it?

What a tramatic year you have had. This one will be so much better as you recover your health and enjoy your new baby.

patns
01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Today is the morning of day three and I just had the cereal made in the the "non restricted" pancakes. I must say they were pretty good and fillings. This will probably be a weekend breakfast for me as during the weekdays I am always too rushed to cook anything.

I just wanted to put out there that I asked the doctor (chiropractor) who is running the center that I go to many questions at my first appointment so I thought I would share some of the answers. The center I go to the doctor is the area director everyone there has been to the most recent IP seminars. They seem very informative and helpful. I even got a call at home on day two to see how I was doing. Here is some of what they said are changes to the diet as of the newest IP seminar:

8 oz of lean meats- If your paperwork says anything less it's old and your center or coach has not been to the newest seminars.

green, red, yellow, orange peppers are all allowed- she said it used to be only green and other colors were limited use.

If you are eating eggs as your protein you can have the whole egg now. You no longer have to have 2 whites plus one whole. She said they determined that eggs, as we all know, are great protein and the whole is better for us.

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the Canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

The other thing she said is that IP only opens new centers now with someone running it that is a licensed M.D. She said that IP is trying to monitor and shut down those older centers who are not following protocol or do not have a doctor running it and following the new plan.

I have read that some of you on this site are having issues with coaches who really are just selling the products and are not educating you or helping you with the diet. She said that IP wants to know this and you should contact them and give your centers info and they will guide you or get you to a qualified center.

Hope some of this helps.

Thank you so much for posting this. I read it after I had posted the comments above.

The other out dated info lots of people mention is not having a restricted a day or not having them until far into the program. A coach told me that the research is showing that people who have a restricted a day actually do better and stick with the program longer. It is very interesting about the difference between the Canadian and US products. I have really noticed this since I switched to using alternatives and ordered some stuff from the US.

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

Hope some of this helps.

Okay I am confused can some of the more experienced chicks throw in their thoughts on this. I have been eating beef almost every night for the last 4 weeks. I was never told that it should be limited. I have also used WF dressing twice a day with my salads every day and also used the pancake syrup yesterday as well. I thought 0/0/0 products were "free". :?:
~aimee

DanafromAustin
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM

I read that too which doesn't add up to what IP is saying. Oh well, I do have my bar for breakfast and it's working so I'll stick with it. The Dr. also recommends only white meat, so there are some changes between the Dr.'s diet and what IP puts out there.

If you are eating eggs as your protien you can have the whole egg now. You no longer have to have 2 whites plus one whole. She said they determined that eggs, as we all know, are great protien and the whole is better for us.

The other thing she said is that IP only opens new centers now with someone running it that is a licensed M.D. She said that IP is trying to monitor and shut down those older centers who are not following proticol or do not have a doctor running it and following the new plan.

Hope some of this helps.

I also have the newest paper and it really does help to have a coach who knows what they are talking about. This is the first time I've heard about WF products, although I'm not going to loose too much sleep over that one. My coach is also in an M.D.'s office and it's nice to know that IP is trying to clean up some of the messy clinics out there.

Okay I am confused can some of the more experienced chicks throw in their thoughts on this. I have been eating beef almost every night for the last 4 weeks. I was never told that it should be limited. I have also used WF dressing twice a day with my salads every day and also used the pancake syrup yesterday as well. I thought 0/0/0 products were "free". :?:
~aimee

According to the latest IP protocol beef is not limited, it just needs to be a lean beef.

Bailey6
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Hello all! Last night I went out with my husband and some friends for dinner and drinks. At times the thought of cheating ran through my head and became quite tempting. I pulled out my phone and brought up the Cost Of Cheating thread. I read it and that's all it took! I NEVER once thought about it the rest of the night. So glad I have this site to refer to and keep me strong! Thank you so much for all of the info and stories you all put into this site.

Hope you all have a fabulous day! :)

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Wuv - I meant to ask you yesterday, but is the Black Cherry MiO you were talking about the new Energy MiO with the added caffeine? That was all I saw in my store (and I bought some, you're right, yum!) but I wasn't sure if it was the same. Thanks!

Yup, its the same one!!...I got my son hooked on the green thunder cuz he liked the Green Monster drinks. I told him this is MUCH healthier and taste the same...he agreed!!!.....ONE point for me!!....lol

Has anyone ever asked their coach why the tip is to avoid having the restricted as a snack when the book talks about having the bulk of your carbs at dinnertime? Just wondering...

I am doing what was told to me by my coach, I like Dana eat my restricted for breakfast and works for me.

Kiddos, Beef isn't limited and I wouldn't worry about the WF products. I have used them from the beginning on every salad and I still got results. My coach even joked and said I could have the whole bottle if i wanted cuz it was free. Not that I ever would do that because I am sure it does add up after a while. Use it in moderation like you would use anything else "extra".

Linden
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM

I'll take a stab at this. Research into weight loss and, especially, maintenance are still pretty much in their infancy. And new information, as it's confirmed by refereed research, is being released all the time. 10 years ago and longer the conventional wisdom was that you needed carbs at night to sustain you -- that you needed carbs for practically EVERYTHING, in fact. [And the USDA, for one, hasn't kept up with the research.]

That has recently been disproved and it's been shone that protein, especially slow-release protein, will keep you on a much more even keel for the 10 or so hours you don't eat. This is the main reason why you have your 8 ounces of meat at night (slow release protein) and a protein isolate. Just for information, whey protein is slower release than soy. Hope this helps. :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Everyone measures their meat raw right? I was just making double sure because I was going to measure some out & freeze it in single servings for later :)

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Wuv! I haven't seen the Green Monster one yet but I will keep an eye out for it. I think I have every flavor of MiO in my cupboard just to give me some variety!

Heading out tonight for girls night and I can't wait!! I have to admit now I LOVE restaurants that post their menus online because I like to plan out what I'm getting. We're going out for sushi, yum!! And the funny thing is the first girls night I went on after starting IP I was so worried about what everyone was going to think about what I ordered / not drinking / ect, but in face no one batted an eye. It just goes to show that even get-togethers I thought were all about the food are actually all about the time together and the friendships.

Wow, what a trying year you've had. So glad you found the group and welcome! Personally I don't like the big mac in a bowl but when I do make other salads where I incorporate my meat (taco salad and the like) and I will typically throw in a cup or cup and a half of spinach to mix with the lettuce because the veggies on top aren't enough. That way I still have the crunch of the regular lettuce but am getting all my veggies in without having to fix a separate bowl of veggies.

I have not asked, but my coach never mentioned to me that I shouldn't have my restricted at bedtime. I typically eat mine for lunch, but that's just because it's when it works out best for my schedule. I also agree with what Linden wrote, that book was written 10 years ago which is lightyears away from where we are now in our knowledge of health and nutrition.

~aimee

Beef is not limited. The only limited proteins are Salmon and Red Tuna both to one time a week I am assuming because of the fat in them. As long as you are still losing well I wouldn't worry at all about the WF products, but if your losses stall that might be the first place to try and cut back. The first time I was on this program I did great and then stalled and realized it was because I was relying to much on artificial sweeteners, once I cut those back my losses picked right back up.

Everyone measures their meat raw right? I was just making double sure because I was going to measure some out & freeze it in single servings for later :)

Yes measure meat raw :)

lindac36
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Question: Why can't we have regular sugar free Jello?

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Question: Why can't we have regular sugar free Jello?

I just pulled it up and the first thing I noticed was it has aspartame in it. I am not sure if there are other reasons or not but aspartame is a no no on this diet.

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I am in latte heaven right now! I mixed the Vanilla pudding packet with 8 oz of water. Poured half in a large mug, heat for 30 sec, then add hot coffee.
Mmmmmmm! Yummy vanilla latte. The pudding makes a nice thick foam at the top. And the best part... I can have 2 of them!!: ;).

I'm having for breakfast now, but I'm thinking this would be nice in the afternoon after lunch as well.

Have a great day everyone!

Pam

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks Wuv! I haven't seen the Green Monster one yet but I will keep an eye out for it. I think I have every flavor of MiO in my cupboard just to give me some variety!

Heading out tonight for girls night and I can't wait!! I have to admit now I LOVE restaurants that post their menus online because I like to plan out what I'm getting. We're going out for sushi, yum!! And the funny thing is the first girls night I went on after starting IP I was so worried about what everyone was going to think about what I ordered / not drinking / ect, but in face no one batted an eye. It just goes to show that even get-togethers I thought were all about the food are actually all about the time together and the friendships.

Wow, what a trying year you've had. So glad you found the group and welcome! Personally I don't like the big mac in a bowl but when I do make other salads where I incorporate my meat (taco salad and the like) and I will typically throw in a cup or cup and a half of spinach to mix with the lettuce because the veggies on top aren't enough. That way I still have the crunch of the regular lettuce but am getting all my veggies in without having to fix a separate bowl of veggies.

I have not asked, but my coach never mentioned to me that I shouldn't have my restricted at bedtime. I typically eat mine for lunch, but that's just because it's when it works out best for my schedule. I also agree with what Linden wrote, that book was written 10 years ago which is lightyears away from where we are now in our knowledge of health and nutrition.

Beef is not limited. The only limited proteins are Salmon and Red Tuna both to one time a week I am assuming because of the fat in them. As long as you are still losing well I wouldn't worry at all about the WF products, but if your losses stall that might be the first place to try and cut back. The first time I was on this program I did great and then stalled and realized it was because I was relying to much on artificial sweeteners, once I cut those back my losses picked right back up.

Yes measure meat raw :)

Thought so but just wanted to make sure :) Those sure were some big hamburger steaks I just patted out LOL.

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
correct, the yellow and red are limited(occasional) but the green is a regular veggie

My doctor/coach told me IP changed it's policies on bell peppers a few months ago. Green, yellow, red, orange all allowed. Which is good for me b/c greenbelt peppers give me horrible indigestion :dizzy:

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM

So glad you and your son are doing better. I had a year like that in 2009... It definitely gives you a new appreciation of everything, doesn't it?

As far as Big Mac in a bowl, I've done it a few ways. I've bought the preshredded coleslaw (picked out the carrots) and measured out 2 cups of that & added a bit of onion and a sliced pickle. Or, a cup of shredded cabbage, diced tomato (restricted to 2x/week), red onion, sometimes a bit of cucumber to make up another cup. That bowl is one of my go to favorites!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
For the protein at dinner, is it okay to use canned tuna (Starkist, light in water)?

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 02:51 PM
For the protein at dinner, is it okay to use canned tuna (Starkist, light in water)?

Yes, its ok but I wouldn't do it but maybe once or twice a week from what I can remember. I have only used it a few times

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 02:51 PM

My coach said have the restricted carb anytime. I've had it in the morning a few times and it makes me a ravenous monster all day. I have it as an evening snack with a glass of tea (I'm talking about the bars & puffs primarily)

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
FYI - I know there has been a lot of discussion on chewing gum recently and I was scrolling through the IP FB page and found this. I know all coaches are slightly different, but here is the closest thing to an 'official IP statement' as I can find:

Ideal Protein You can chew sugarless gum but you have to limit the amount you chew because companies can put 0 grams of sugar if the sugar amount is less than 1 gram. Most gum is just under 1 gram so this means if you chew 10 pieces a day that will equal to almost 10 grams of sugar and your weight loss will plateau.
December 18, 2011 at 10:18am ˇ Like ˇ 1

lindac36
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=EmilySebetka;4161389]So, I have learned that you have to weigh meat when its raw, not cooked! My 1lb of hamburger (when raw) turned into 8oz when cooked... *sigh*

Is this true? Weighing meat when raw doesn't make sense to me. That is not how much you are eating. You are eating the cooked amount.

FoolishHeart
01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
ShanCo - for the Big Mac in a Bowl, I usually cook 2 cups of spinach in the microwave, and then mix it with my Mac Bowl. Since the spinach cooks down so much, I hardly notice it, but I get all those great nutrients!

I haven't been online since before Christmas and oh, how I've missed you all! I had every intention of staying OP over Christmas, but I didn't. A week and 6 lbs later, I'm back on track and ready to continue!!

Survalia
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
So far this weekend I have eaten a big blueberry pancake with syrup, mashed "potatoes" with chicken "gravy", beef roast with mushrooms, chocolate "ice cream" and this morning, "apple" cinnamon "muffins". All so YUMMY, I must have cheated, right? WRONG. :D Completely OP! I love weekends when I have more time to play with the recipes. And, my NSV lately is yanking up my almost-falling-off pajama pants. It would be easy enough to take them in a bit, but I am actually kind of enjoying it.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=EmilySebetka;4161389]So, I have learned that you have to weigh meat when its raw, not cooked! My 1lb of hamburger (when raw) turned into 8oz when cooked... *sigh*

Is this true? Weighing meat when raw doesn't make sense to me. That is not how much you are eating. You are eating the cooked amount.

Yes its true you measure it BEFORE its cooked.....remember the GROWL I told New Englander to do when she is measuring her Veggies and Meat.....RAWWWWWWWW........lol

I added to body progress pics in my profile if anyone would like to see the different from Jun to now :)

pandamoose
01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone! Today is day 6 and I am doing great! I do have some questions though, someone mentioned ginger ale, so is diet ginger ale ok and will not knock us out of Ketoses? My couch said soda water was ok but the sheet say NO SODA, please give me some insight! Also I bought Ketone strips and took my first test this morning and it came out as TRACE of ketones, so maybe I just had more carbs to get out of my system? Or...? Thank you all so much for your encouragement!

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Yes, you have to weigh your meat raw. Some doesn't cook down much (like fish fillets) but some (like ground beef) have a huge difference. I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that because when you cook it most of the weight that's lost is water and other juices which didn't provide any added calories or fat and so if you measure it cooked you're 'replacing' the few ounces of water that escaped with the fat and calories in the extra meat.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Hello everyone! Today is day 6 and I am doing great! I do have some questions though, someone mentioned ginger ale, so is diet ginger ale ok and will not knock us out of Ketoses? My couch said soda water was ok but the sheet say NO SODA, please give me some insight! Also I bought Ketone strips and took my first test this morning and it came out as TRACE of ketones, so maybe I just had more carbs to get out of my system? Or...? Thank you all so much for your encouragement!

I just stick to the water, I would not drink the ginger ale everyday but maybe use it as a "treat" every now and then. Most of everyone who uses the Ketone strips have a "trace" of ketones. I myself have never used them so I wouldn't know :)

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
So far this weekend I have eaten a big blueberry pancake with syrup, mashed "potatoes" with chicken "gravy", beef roast with mushrooms, chocolate "ice cream" and this morning, "apple" cinnamon "muffins". All so YUMMY, I must have cheated, right? WRONG. :D Completely OP! I love weekends when I have more time to play with the recipes. And, my NSV lately is yanking up my almost-falling-off pajama pants. It would be easy enough to take them in a bit, but I am actually kind of enjoying it.

Yum!! And congrats on the NSV!!

I added to body progress pics in my profile if anyone would like to see the different from Jun to now :)

Wow, the pics look amazing!! You look like a different woman!!

I'm not sure on the ketosis strips because I've never used them, but I think Wuv said that people on IP don't ever test all the way into ketosis because of the amount of water we drink. As for the soda I was told ABSOLUTELY NO SODA, not even diet by my coach. She said it had to do with the acidity and body chemistry and gave me a sheet explaining it but I've lost the sheet now otherwise I would scan it for you.

lindac36
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Make sure you watch the tomatos though, that is a veggie to only be eaten twice a week. Its an occasional veggie:)

About those occasional veggies...We can have any of them up to twice a week right? Not tomatoes twice a week and brussel sprouts twice a week.

What about herbal teas...Do we need to drink more water to counteract the tea or is that only for caffeinated coffees and teas?

Does broth count into our daily water? I have been drinking a cup of fat free Swanson's Chicken broth almost every day (okay, this is only day 6 for me but, I have had it a couple of times and wondered) it's been cold here and tea doesn't always fit my mood.

Thanks-Linda

pandamoose
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks Wuv! Was thinking the same thing but just needed to hear it. Also I grew up in West Point MS, right by Columbus and Starkville so I'm sorta from your kneck of the woods :)

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.

pandamoose
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
NavyMommy, Thanks, I will not be drinking any sodas as I would rather get this weight off then have a sip of something that will only slow me down!

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM

My doctor/coach has me using them daily now (the first several weeks) to see where I'm at in Ketosis. After the 4th day (when I started using them) the sticks showed moderate to slightly above moderate. Now that I'm going into my 5th week, and havent cheated, he said I should start moving to "trace" and "small". At that point ,according to Dr, your body is actually utilizing the fat (iinstead of peeing it all out)as an energy source and I will feel like I have tons of energy. Thursday I noticed the stick was right around trace & small and he's right!

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks Wuv! Was thinking the same thing but just needed to hear it. Also I grew up in West Point MS, right by Columbus and Starkville so I'm sorta from your kneck of the woods :)

My son goes to MSU!!!....sometimes that is all you need is validation :)

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM

What did you make your "gravy" out of and what about the apple cinnamon muffins? Congrats on the NSV.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Apple cinnamon puffs are a staple for me, I LOVE them and have them everyday for breakfast!

TracyAWC
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I'll take a stab at this. Research into weight loss and, especially, maintenance are still pretty much in their infancy. And new information, as it's confirmed by refereed research, is being released all the time. 10 years ago and longer the conventional wisdom was that you needed carbs at night to sustain you -- that you needed carbs for practically EVERYTHING, in fact. [And the USDA, for one, hasn't kept up with the research.]

That has recently been disproved and it's been shone that protein, especially slow-release protein, will keep you on a much more even keel for the 10 or so hours you don't eat. This is the main reason why you have your 8 ounces of meat at night (slow release protein) and a protein isolate. Just for information, whey protein is slower release than soy. Hope this helps. :)

That makes sense - thanks!

Linden
01-08-2012, 03:42 PM
About those occasional veggies...We can have any of them up to twice a week right? Not tomatoes twice a week and brussel sprouts twice a week.

What about herbal teas...Do we need to drink more water to counteract the tea or is that only for caffeinated coffees and teas?

Does broth count into our daily water? I have been drinking a cup of fat free Swanson's Chicken broth almost every day (okay, this is only day 6 for me but, I have had it a couple of times and wondered) it's been cold here and tea doesn't always fit my mood.

Thanks-Linda

You're right on the vegetables. 2 a week; mix-or-match.

Herbal teas are free because they don't have caffeine.

And you really need to watch the canned broth. It's essentially chicken flavored salt water. Check the sodium and aim for about 1200 mg a day. Sometimes you can find sodium-free crystals. or low sodium. Good luck!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Man, I'm kind of bummed right now. I told my mom that she and my dad need to be supportive when I start this diet and try not to tempt me; she said "I want to be supportive, but those diets are really difficult and most people gain all the weight back." I don't think she has much faith in me, or in that I can learn to eat right after I've gone through the phases. It sucks knowing that she doesn't agree with what I'm going to do.

lindac36
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
My doctor/coach told me IP changed it's policies on bell peppers a few months ago. Green, yellow, red, orange all allowed. Which is good for me b/c greenbelt peppers give me horrible indigestion :dizzy:

Me too, I do fine with all the others, but, the green ones do me in!

ShanCo
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
So glad you and your son are doing better. I had a year like that in 2009... It definitely gives you a new appreciation of everything, doesn't it?

As far as Big Mac in a bowl, I've done it a few ways. I've bought the preshredded coleslaw (picked out the carrots) and measured out 2 cups of that & added a bit of onion and a sliced pickle. Or, a cup of shredded cabbage, diced tomato (restricted to 2x/week), red onion, sometimes a bit of cucumber to make up another cup. That bowl is one of my go to favorites!
Thanks Pamelama...great ideas!!! Yep, never appreciated life more than I do now! Gotta make it count! :)

lindac36
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=lindac36;4162412]

Yes its true you measure it BEFORE its cooked.....remember the GROWL I told New Englander to do when she is measuring her Veggies and Meat.....RAWWWWWWWW........lol

No, I never saw that. I guess this is better to learn at the middle of day six! Although I think this is going to be a learning process all the way through.
I won't be able to do my nightly protein without thinking of your smiling face and imagining the growling RAWWWWWWW coming out of you. Thank you for the morning giggle!

Linden
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Man, I'm kind of bummed right now. I told my mom that she and my dad need to be supportive when I start this diet and try not to tempt me; she said "I want to be supportive, but those diets are really difficult and most people gain all the weight back." I don't think she has much faith in me, or in that I can learn to eat right after I've gone through the phases. It sucks knowing that she doesn't agree with what I'm going to do.

But she doesn't know what you know, and what you're learning. Would she be willing to read Dr Chanh's book? And she's right in one regard. A lot of people do mess up and regain. Not so many here, though. And not you. :D

And I thought of another really good, easy, inexpensive dinner food: meat loaf -- grated (dried) zucchini instead of bread, 1/2 pound lean ground beef, 1/2 pound very lean ground turkey, an egg, dried onion or oregano, if you like, and then Google microwave meat loaf to make it super easy and fast. Cheers.

Survalia
01-08-2012, 04:02 PM
What did you make your "gravy" out of and what about the apple cinnamon muffins? Congrats on the NSV.

Gravy was the chicken soup packet (I blended it all right in with the veggies, which was a mixture of roasted cauliflower, turnips and rutabaga). And the muffins (not the soy puffs), was the vanilla pudding cake recipe (check the recipe thread) with cinnamon/nutmeg zuchinni, cut very small. And right now, I am having a caramel shake (EAS vanilla RTD blended with ice and WF caramel.

lindac36
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, you have to weigh your meat raw. Some doesn't cook down much (like fish fillets) but some (like ground beef) have a huge difference. I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that because when you cook it most of the weight that's lost is water and other juices which didn't provide any added calories or fat and so if you measure it cooked you're 'replacing' the few ounces of water that escaped with the fat and calories in the extra meat.

You know, this is actually good news, because I was having trouble eating 8 ounces of meat every night. Honestly the pups were always finishing off my last bites.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4162426]

No, I never saw that. I guess this is better to learn at the middle of day six! Although I think this is going to be a learning process all the way through.
I won't be able to do my nightly protein without thinking of your smiling face and imagining the growling RAWWWWWWW coming out of you. Thank you for the morning giggle!

LOL....that is the same thing she said...I think it was New Year's Eve when I posted that....Its always fun to think of something to make you remember something then smile!!

massconfusion84
01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Bailley6 where is this cost of cheating thread? You have peaked my curiosity

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Bailley6 where is this cost of cheating thread? You have peaked my curiosity

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html

lindac36
01-08-2012, 04:17 PM
BACKDROPsilhouette: Come here for support if you can't find it at home. Your family will become prouder of you every day you stick with it. Just remember that when they bum you out, you know inside you are doing the right thing for you. I know you said you don't go outside much, but, put your coat on and take a nice leisurely walk, breathe the fresh air and know that you are doing this for you and as long as you are happy, it's all good! You are doing this for you-not anyone else! Hang in there, we are all here, every day. BTW, I always leash up a pup on my walks and I always feels better knowing I am doing something good for me and my pup.

massconfusion84
01-08-2012, 04:20 PM
YIKES! I am putting that on my phone if I ever get tempted to have a taste of something...WOW

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 04:22 PM
For those of you who don't know how to find all of the IP threads I am posting the link to our HOMEPAGE....bookmark it and you can always find ALL of the threads we have. There are over 100pages of information here, read, read and read some more....TON'S of information AND.....SUPPORT!!!!.....you will be surprise how many of us go through the same thing, then letting you know how to deal with it. Some of us may go through it some of us may not but at least the information is there for your resources. Also if you read on the VERY FIRST POST of any daily there there are links there so show you how to "search" for something on the site. USE this feature to help you along the way. We have LOTS of new people on the board this week and I would like to extend the congrats from all of us "experienced" people and say You have made the right decision with this plan, this is the LAST diet you will have to be on.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

lindac36
01-08-2012, 04:26 PM
You're right on the vegetables. 2 a week; mix-or-match.

Herbal teas are free because they don't have caffeine.

And you really need to watch the canned broth. It's essentially chicken flavored salt water. Check the sodium and aim for about 1200 mg a day. Sometimes you can find sodium-free crystals. or low sodium. Good luck!

Thanks Linden, I will make sure I get the reduced sodium fat free broth. That was a good catch, I never thought about it.

lindac36
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I remember reading about a Valentine's Day Challenge, but, now I can't find it. I am not really sure how to do the searches or which thread or whatever (not too computer competent) I saw it on. Thanks to anyone who can direct me.

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I remember reading about a Valentine's Day Challenge, but, now I can't find it. I am not really sure how to do the searches or which thread or whatever (not too computer competent) I saw it on. Thanks to anyone who can direct me.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249552-challenge-january-february-2012-a.html

I believe this is the one you are looking for. starts tomorrow.

cheetohsaddict
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Marie Montreal,
I am in the same boat as you! I did this diet last year with great success, but did not have a good coach. He didn't guide me well on the importance of phase 2 and beyond and I gained the weight back. Today is day 1 for me, and I feel very motivated and ready to tackle this again...this time on my own. I'm thankful for this support group to help me stay on track!

DanafromAustin
01-08-2012, 05:57 PM

I used the sticks once on this plan last week because my daughter had to buy them to see if she was still in ketosis. Her weight had stalled (she is about 7 pounds from goal) and our coach wanted her to see if she was in ketosis. Anyway, my stick showed trace. Even when I did Atkins years ago I never showed more than trace. My coach said that was just fine and what someone would expect after being on this plan for awhile.

Remember you are doing this for you. While it would be nice if your parents were behind you, we are always here for lots of support.

kdspirited
01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
So today I had a double whammy. TOM arrived which I am happy about because now the scale will start to move again. Also I had a question

I was invited to brunch and ended up having my dinner for lunch which means I will have my veggies and ideal protein packet for dinner. Is that ok to switch like this. Has anyone done that before.

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
So today I had a double whammy. TOM arrived which I am happy about because now the scale will start to move again. Also I had a question

I was invited to brunch and ended up having my dinner for lunch which means I will have my veggies and ideal protein packet for dinner. Is that ok to switch like this. Has anyone done that before.

Yes ~ it is okay to switch.

kdspirited
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes ~ it is okay to switch.

Thanks 4kiddos

abuck
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM

Wow!!! :cp:

JoLoMN
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Ipeeps, Great NSVs and SVs!

Thanks all, for sharing what you are making and how you are doing. I cannot recall who suggested it, but someone mentioned rutabaga chips with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning. That was the thing that finally made me try it after all these months of IPers raving about them; well add me to the list! They are awesome and easy to make. I have tried rutabagas for the fiest time and liked them..... To think I rarely ate veggies prior to this lifestyle change and now I eat so many new veggies I would have likely never tried if not for IP and all of you. Thanks!

rrrigos
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Day 4 and today is going better than ever! Im getting into the groove and was creative with cooking today...bkft diced mushrooms garlic bell peppers with the herb omelet...made collard green chips...(too bitter) lunch steamed cauliflower, brocolli, red cabbage diced and into brocolli cheddar soup then dinner 4 scallops grilled reduced in a little rice vinegar grilled zuccini and cucumbers then a cucumber mint lemon juice salad...and for my treat coco choc balls! Not bad :)
enjoying cooking again...hope i stay motivated....how was your weekend?

Junetwin11
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm just reflecting. Why I chose IP, it worked for me loosing 70 lbs in 5 months. The eating habits i used to have, I do not want to return. The control food had on me, I do not want to return. I am so grateful for the success I have had. The journey has begun :)

lisak21629
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm just reflecting. Why I chose IP, it worked for me loosing 70 lbs in 5 months. The eating habits i used to have, I do not want to return. The control food had on me, I do not want to return. I am so grateful for the success I have had. The journey has begun :)

Wow, 70 lbs in 5 months is amazing! Congratulations!:D I hope to have the success you have had on IP.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I remembered I had some money on a gift card and just got back from Walmart. I only have food enough for 5 days, but since I already had some of the vitamins I needed I only spent 41 dollars!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in for my official starting weight, take measurements, then begin this diet. Thanks to everyone that has provided tips for cheap meals and for being supportive.

Lakewood
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I love me some Tim Tebow! I was so excited I forgot how freekin hungry I am! :carrot:

Marcella
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I've been off for two weeks because I work in a High School and my first week was at Christmas so I took advantage and ate a ton of junk, mainly cookies, so mid second week I began IP and am so happy I did. This weekend I prepared all my veggie's, made soup with ONLY the greens that I am allowed, made some sweet chard and a bunch of zucchini, which I love. I am happy that I will be going back to school tomorrow and I am sure my students will see all my energy has returned. I feel great and am so very happy to be here.

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I remembered I had some money on a gift card and just got back from Walmart. I only have food enough for 5 days, but since I already had some of the vitamins I needed I only spent 41 dollars!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in for my official starting weight, take measurements, then begin this diet. Thanks to everyone that has provided tips for cheap meals and for being supportive.

You can do this! I'm officially starting tomorrow too! What kinds of things did you pick up? We can be in this together! I need to get a measuring tape and youtube how to measure correctly :)

New Englander
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Way to go!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!! Keep up the great momentum!!! PS...I can't wait to get to where you are in the process... :)

pandamoose
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I have another question: I love sauerkraut but in reading the labels they all seem to have 1 carb for only 2 TBLS, is there a brand that has better numbers?

kiki4me
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Can someone tell me what the usual calories/protein grams/carbo ration is for Ideal Protein?

Also, I accidentally ate a restricted packet (soy choc. balls) and already had oatmeal today as well. The deed was already done once I realized it... Will this throw me out of ketosis?

Gardengurl71
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone :) can't tell you how inspiring/comforting/encouraging this thread is....thanks for sharing all your wisdom and experiences. :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
You can do this! I'm officially starting tomorrow too! What kinds of things did you pick up? We can be in this together! I need to get a measuring tape and youtube how to measure correctly :)
I'm really bare bones-ing this until I can afford to buy some packets from nashuanutrition, but I got 7 bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower (it was about 9 or so dollars altogether), some Pure Protein bars, and some Romaine lettuce. I have some protein powder already so until I can get more tasty food I've got to stick with what I can afford D; For the meat I got some canned tuna and the cheapest lean beef I could find. Tomorrow I'm going to buy the MiO tea and turn that into ice cubes to put in my water!

I still have to take measurements myself. I did them yesterday, but I was using an accu-measure and it only measures in cm (which confuses me). I have a measuring ribbon, though, so I'll try that out in the morning.

I have faith in the both of us :'D

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm really bare bones-ing this until I can afford to buy some packets from nashuanutrition, but I got 7 bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower (it was about 9 or so dollars altogether), some Pure Protein bars, and some Romaine lettuce. I have some protein powder already so until I can get more tasty food I've got to stick with what I can afford D; For the meat I got some canned tuna and the cheapest lean beef I could find. Tomorrow I'm going to buy the MiO tea and turn that into ice cubes to put in my water!

I still have to take measurements myself. I did them yesterday, but I was using an accu-measure and it only measures in cm (which confuses me). I have a measuring ribbon, though, so I'll try that out in the morning.

I have faith in the both of us :'D

Sounds like you have a pretty good stock of things to get you through the first while :) You have sea salt & olive oil right? I had to make sure and get those today too lol.

Sounds good! Glad we both have our heads in the game!

We can do thissssss!

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Who likes the EAS carb control protein bars? I got 2 different flavors today but haven't tried them yet :P

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you have a pretty good stock of things to get you through the first while :) You have sea salt & olive oil right? I had to make sure and get those today too lol.

Sounds good! Glad we both have our heads in the game!

We can do thissssss!

I do! I bought the sea salt at the store and we already have olive oil. We have some apple cider vinegar as well, that way I can have some dressing for my lettuce and veggies. My aunt is driving from TX to visit us towards the end of the week and she's also on this diet . . . we're going to do some shopping together since Friday is payday.

We can do this! I'm excited. I was sad at dinner that I wouldn't be able to eat the same foods my family does, but it's going to be so much better for my health to stick to the diet. x3

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I do! I bought the sea salt at the store and we already have olive oil. We have some apple cider vinegar as well, that way I can have some dressing for my lettuce and veggies. My aunt is driving from TX to visit us towards the end of the week and she's also on this diet . . . we're going to do some shopping together since Friday is payday.

We can do this! I'm excited. I was sad at dinner that I wouldn't be able to eat the same foods my family does, but it's going to be so much better for my health to stick to the diet. x3

Good good :) I'm going to have to try some other people's recipes that they've "concocted" for a salad dressing, some of them sound pretty delicious :) Or the WF ones :)

Well at least your Aunt can give you more of an idea on what to expect & what not :D

Awww I know, but it will be SO worth it!

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Can someone tell me what the usual calories/protein grams/carbo ration is for Ideal Protein?

Also, I accidentally ate a restricted packet (soy choc. balls) and already had oatmeal today as well. The deed was already done once I realized it... Will this throw me out of ketosis?

I did that one day in about week 2 I had chili and a bar in one day without even thinking. I still had a good loss for the week and it didn't throw me out. You wouldn't want to do it everyday but I think you are fine. you can't change it so just know tomorrow is a new day and you are doing fine. ;)

omgzitsmiranda
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Garlic?
Does it count towards your "2 cup" serving?
Also, does it matter if it's "fresh" or minced in a jar because I got minced in a jar lol.

mrsmurphy
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Who likes the EAS carb control protein bars? I got 2 different flavors today but haven't tried them yet :P

let me know how they are! I drink the shakes and they are actually really good!... walmart didn't have any of the carb control bars so i have to try somewhere else to get them. I got pure protein instead, which aren't really that good, but they'll do.

mrsmurphy
01-08-2012, 11:24 PM
NavyMommy, I am making that recipe tonight for your cucumber salad :) Thanks! I think thats just what I needed to spice up those 2cups of vegetables for the week. I am making a bulk bowl of this salad for the week. I have to or else I would never get it ready each morning! Thanks again!

BTW i'm sure everyone is wondering (hahaha) being as though I mentioned it 432908439 times in the last two days, the BABY SHOWER WENT WELL. lol I was freaking out about nothing. There wasn't any fresh veggies or a salad. I ate a green bean and realized there might have been some butter on it. So, I didn't eat anything after that, I had about 10 glasses of water and my shake :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
A question about using alternative supplements: I've bought a bunch of different stuff to try and match what IP wants us to have, however I got into an argument with my mom because she thinks I shouldn't try to match what IP wants me to have and thinks I should follow the instructions on the bottles I bought. If I followed the instructions on the bottle, I wouldn't be getting the number of mg IP's vitamins are giving. For instance, to match IP's mg of potassium, I'd have to take 8 of the pills I have.

So do I follow the instructions of what I got, or just match the mg to what IP is wanting me to have? D:

NavyMommy
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Girls night out went great. I actually wasn't starving so I just ordered my sashimi and waited to get veggies when I got home (the last salad I got there was subpar). It's amazing how much fun I can have and still stick OP, just reinforces in my mind that it really is all about the people, not the food.

That's awesome!! GL on your first day, and how cool your aunt is coming to see you, hopefully she'll be some great support since I know you said your parents aren't supportive.

I have another question: I love sauerkraut but in reading the labels they all seem to have 1 carb for only 2 TBLS, is there a brand that has better numbers?

Read the ingredients, they'll have some carbs because of the cabbage, but as long as there isn't any added sugar, HFCS, or anything else that's not allowed it should be alright.

I'm not sure that we know exactly what the daily ratio is for IP, that's the beauty of the plan. You just eat what's on the sheet and you're good. I've never worried about it more than that.

Garlic?
Does it count towards your "2 cup" serving?
Also, does it matter if it's "fresh" or minced in a jar because I got minced in a jar lol.

I think garlic is more of a 'seasoning' so I wouldn't count it. I can't imagine using enough it would really make a difference one way or another. I use the preminced garlic from the jar but like everything else check and make sure there aren't any added ingredients.

NavyMommy, I am making that recipe tonight for your cucumber salad :) Thanks! I think thats just what I needed to spice up those 2cups of vegetables for the week. I am making a bulk bowl of this salad for the week. I have to or else I would never get it ready each morning! Thanks again!

BTW i'm sure everyone is wondering (hahaha) being as though I mentioned it 432908439 times in the last two days, the BABY SHOWER WENT WELL. lol I was freaking out about nothing. There wasn't any fresh veggies or a salad. I ate a green bean and realized there might have been some butter on it. So, I didn't eat anything after that, I had about 10 glasses of water and my shake :)

I hope you like it :) I made a big batch this week and love not having to do anything but measure out 2 cups when lunch comes around. I will measure my ingredients next time so I can give you a better idea of what I use. And WTG on the baby shower! I was actually thinking about you when I was at the sushi place and remembering how much I freaked out the first time I had to go to a public outing for a meal. Glad it went well!!

Maggie1980
01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I love the IP diet! Its the only diet that has worked for me! I weigh in tomorrow! It will be my 4th week! Hoping to lose a couple more lbs!!

DanafromAustin
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM

It won't kick you out of ketosis. It just means that you had perhaps too many carbs for the day which might slow down your weight loss for today. Bottom line is you're fine.

mrsmurphy
01-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I hope you like it :) I made a big batch this week and love not having to do anything but measure out 2 cups when lunch comes around. I will measure my ingredients next time so I can give you a better idea of what I use. And WTG on the baby shower! I was actually thinking about you when I was at the sushi place and remembering how much I freaked out the first time I had to go to a public outing for a meal. Glad it went well!!

Yes let me know what the measurements are when you do it again. I made it for tomorrow. I tasted it... I LOVE it! I added pickles. I think i'm going to add pieces of fresh broccoli and cauliflower next time! But, the seasonings are great together. I was having such a hard time choking down cooked vegetables. I can only handle them maybe twice a week. But, I definitely love this salad. Thanks again!

doublebaby
01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Tonight I crumbled up some of the Southwest Cheese Curls onto a salad just for some crunchiness. It was like having some croutons on it. Yum!