Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #1  
Kdee Bug

S/C/G: 284/273/150

Height: 5' 9"

Lightbulb Quitting smoking and starting diet/exercise.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but.. I finally decided I want to get myself under control. A total body rehab if you will. I'm starting with babysteps for right now, low impact exercises, and small diet changes. About 2 years ago I quite smoking, cold turkey. It was hard at first of course, but filled my cravings for it with food. I stupidly started smoking again about a year ago and still eat. I smoke more, and over eat snacks at night. First step I know is to start going to bed earlier so I won't even be conscious during those trigger hours. I believe I can do it cold turkey again, but don't want to over eat in the process.

Are there any snacks or candy's that you used to help you quit, without crashing your diet?
Kdee Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Default What about going really cold turkey?

You are brave. I think that if you keep thinking you need snacks --when you are not really hungry-- you will go on needing some kind of external scaffolding --snacking, smoking, other things our there-- as uppers or downers. How about going really cold turkey and starting to go without ALL that?
Maybe I am wrong, but achieving that would, in my view, guarantee long-term results. What do others think?
Good luck with your new resolutions
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I just want to jump in and congratulate you and offer my support. I've heard quitting "cold turkey" is a challenge, and lots of people I know have resorted to salted licorice, patches, chewing gum...

I think quitting smoking is so important. Do whatever it is you need to do Even if it means going one hour at a time
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 80kg/79kg/60kg

Height: 175cm

I wanted to do it, but I started to smoke again. The thing is, I'm a social smoker and where I work, majority smokes. And whenever I see someone lit a cigarette I fell such a desire to smoke, I just can't resist. At home, when I'm off work, I never ever smoke. When I was on maternal leave, I didn't smoke more than a year. When I started to work again, puff, I smoked again.
So, right now I decided to get my food under control and then to deal with this stupid smoking!
I wish you all the best on your journey!
I see you also picked the same ticker for your signature as I did!
mamarozi is offline   Reply With Quote