LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers January 2012

View Full Version : Friends and Losers January 2012

Mama Nicole
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Friends...if any of you are still out there anyway :).

I haven't been here for a long time. I have many reasons/excuses. I am here because I am in need of support. I have put my health on the back burner, and it is starting to burn up. My smoke signal came more in the version of my lower back fat bumping into my upper back fat with each step I took this a.m. Yeah, I know....ew.

I have allowed myself to wallow in self pity over two major things that have occured since May. I had an unexpected pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. The day I found out I was pregnant was the same day I found out my Mom had leukemia. While I am still heartbroken by both of these sorrows, I must take personal responsibility for the choices I made in dealing with said issues. Yep, I surrounded myself with food. I am not proud, but I also know that I am human. I accept all of me...the good and the bad.

So, I begin again.....the story is almost always the same with we skinny *****e$ trapped in fat bodies. I WI at 235 two days ago. I begin eating clean in the a.m. Who's with me?

Rux1973
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi Nicole, I am in a same situation as you are. As of tomorrow I am going on the two days TO and hoping to go from 157lbs down to 135lbs. Good luck to you and we will get there with the friend from this forum. Please, keep in touch, I need all the help that I can get. Last time when I was on this program I was going in for WI and that kept me on track. This time I am trying on my own, so will see...

Mama Nicole
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Sounds good, Rux :).

JLem311
01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm here to support in any way I can! I miss the chatter on this thread..it sucks that most people ditched. Let's get it going again! I'm game.

almsthere
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello...Nicole! I remember you from a few years ago. I too suffered a miscarriage and gave up! My first loss was in 2010, after having 4 beautifully healthy children. I felt like my body was "bad" and I needed to punish it. So totally unhealthy. I went through a couple of phases and random rough diets and crazy exercise cycles. Until I fizzled.

Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago, I was 20 weeks pregnant with my 6th pg and found out on ultrasound that the baby had died. So two days before Christmas, I wasn't prepared to deal with that, as well as prepare my older kids that there is no baby coming in May :( It has been rough to say the least!

My 2012 resolution was to put myself first, finally! You know that whole, "put your own oxygen mask on yourself before you help any others"..yep that is my inspiration.

I am sad to see that you had a rough time lately, too. Miscarriage is so excruiatingly painful but the more I talk about it, the more common I realize it is to. :hug:

I lurked alot more than I posted. I hope to be able to keep a little more with the chatter.

Hello to all the others on this board.
Starting Take off today!!!

juliemarie
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Hey Ladies! I still check in here but I've stopped replying to the folks that come in, ask for free copies of the plan and disappear. :)

My goals right now are to increase my exercise and to keep the simple carbs out of my diet.

juliemarie
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
And Nicole-I'm sorry you've had such a rough year. Time to take care of yourself. Don't beat yourself up for any past "failures"

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~Winston Churchill

almsthere
01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning, fellow LAWLers!!!

Well I was a little disappointed that I only lost one pound on Take off day 1. But I will take it. Anxious to begin today day 2. Thinking about continuing on this type of reset until I lose about 10 -15lbs or for about 2 weeks. Can't really see the harm in it, or am I just too obsessed with the scale? I will replace the juice with the oranges so it isn't as expensive!

Hope all of you are doing well! Planning for a POP day!!

Mama Nicole
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Yay! Oh, this is good :). Hey Jillian, almost, Rux, and JM! I have not done TO or anything like that.....I did go to the grocery store and buy a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I also bought bone in chicken breasts for soup. I know I came on here and started this mess, yet I have failed to, "start." WTF? I just had some ginger snaps and milk for breakfast. I think I better get my $hit together. Ok, next snack....a fresh fruit. Grapefruit it is.

Almost....I am very sorry to hear about your losses. I have posted this before, but I feel inclined to share this lovely quote with you now. This was actually my third miscarriage, over all of my childbearing years, and I have been blessed with 5 healthy children. The last pregnancy was not planned, but losing the baby was hearbreaking. I was 11 weeks. I cannot imagine the devestation at 20 weeks. In any case, the quote is: "An angel in the bok of life wrote down our baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book, 'too beautiful for earth." :hug:

And TO really should be used only as a wake up call. If you don't eat enough, you will stall for sure, not to mention, set yourself up to fail.

Jillian, Jillian, Jillian......it is so comforting to know you are ALWAYS there for love and support :). World's best cheerleader!!!!

JM...how has your experience been overall with the surgery? How much have you lost? I was very annoyed by the constant asking for LAWL materials too.

Rux...how are you holding up? Did you survive TO?

Aw, ****...with all this talk of TO, maybe I should give it a whirl....although I always did FF not TO. TO would surely kill me.

I have a girls retreat weekend coming up in two weeks....and I would really like my pants to fit better. This will be my first weekend away from my kids and DH EVER. Wild, huh?

Ok, must get to work here sometime today. It is really good to see some action here.....let's keep it going :). Have a great day, everyone :)
xoxo

MomOfThreeTeens
01-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Happy New Year everybody!!! Ya know, when I lost weight 5 years ago I was sure I would be able to put the "lose weight this year" New Years resolution to rest for good and yet here I am! LOL I had a precious friend tell me that just because we lose weight once doesnt mean we'll never have to do it again! I bit the bullet and weighed yesterday and was actually surprised! I lost weight over the holidays, it was only a couple of pounds but I was expecting it to be up for sure!!
Nicole-I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how that feels. BUT time to take care of you, and believe me I'm preaching to myself here too!
Jillian- You look amazing, wow!
Julie Marie-Glad you're having success since your surgery!
Rux-I'm Kim, nice to "meet you."
Almsthere-I remember you, I'm sorry for your loss too.
I've been gone so long I'm sure most of you dont know, I have a beautiful little grand daughter. Her name is Kinsley and she's 18 months old and she's the love of my life! I'd sure like to be around for a long time and have the energy to keep up with her, how's that for motivation???:carrot:

JLem311
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
yay more people posting!

i put up a new avatar and profile picture--both taken in December.

hope everyone is doing well and putting themselves FIRST.

Mama Nicole
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow...Kim numba 2...how lovely to see you :) Glad you are here. Congrats on your grandbaby. Isn't it wonderful?

Well, I did it.....I started FF today. Not sure exactly what I am going to do after that. I am not even concerned about it. I am just going to get through today. I tweeted earlier this a.m. that I am tired of this body dragging me down. I feel as though it contains who I am quite often lately. I also feel somewhat obsessed with my size. Ick. I do not like that feeling so much. It is like psychotic self centeredness (is that even a word), in a completely negative way. Guess I have to follow my own advice and change my mind so I can change my body. How quickly that fat girl can take over. Darn her.

Mama Nicole
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
p.s. I didn't even WI. I know I was at 235 a few days ago. That is good enough for me.

juliemarie
01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Good morning! I feel on track food-wise--starting logging my food again. It really does make a difference-I'm not nearly as tempted by "bad" foods when head hunger hits if I know I going to have to write it down! Also-I drank way too much alcohol during the month of Dec (40th birthday festivities went on and on and on! :) )

So-the exercise is what's holding me back from my next stage of weight loss--I've got videos, Just Dance (want to pick up a used Zumba wii game), and am toying with the idea of joining a new local gym-but that didn't really work with my schedule in the past--so I probably won't. I hate the idea of picking Josie up from after-school care even later so that I can go to the gym. At least if I do it at home-she's with me . . . .and usually trying to show me up with jumping jacks or sit-ups.

I'm doing pretty well (132lbs total weight loss including pre-op diet) but I've started reverting back to old behaviors and am really trying to work on my "head'--otherwise, I'll end up back where I was. I've had no complications except for one horrible episode of possible reactive hypoglycemia where I thought I was dying . . . .and i'll chat with my doc about that at my 1 yr follow-up in a couple of weeks.

So-my goal is to somehow figure out how to get a workout in today. But we have dance class after work today so it will be a challenge.

Good to see folks back on the forum!

Mama Nicole
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I hear ya on the exercise, JM. I love it when I am working out.....it's just a matter of getting back into the habit. And Happy Belated Birthday, girl. Welcome to the 40 club. So, yeah, I am 41 now....but like it matters. Ha.

So, I am still OP today. My body is probably going into shock.

almsthere
01-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Ha, Nicole. I'm still OP today too but my little cravings are starting....only down another pound and I keep hearing this little nagging voice say, "all this WORK for a lb a day??!!!"

We are worth it. We just gotta believe it.

Juliemarie, I struggle with getting exercise in too. I hate the concept but love the feeling of doing it. I always feel tighter and more confident. I have to remember that when I put in my exercise portion of the "new me" plan. Hope you were able to fit it in today..

Hi to Jillian and Kim. I remember you all.

Hi to Rux. How did take off day one go? I ended up losing only 2 lbs total. Bummer. Continued today with oranges instead of juice, hoping to drop further. Will see at WI tomorrow....

MomOfThreeTeens
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Good afternoon!!! Hope everybody is surviving the week!!! We can do this!
I'm right there with everybody on the topic of exercise! I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day at work, then sit on my butt when I get home, gotta change that!

I was put on a diuretic for my blood pressure, and at my physical my cholesterol and blood sugar were both a little high, ugh! Sooo I need to get off my tushie and start moving because exercise can help with all the above!!!

I have been the food police since New Years because I refuse to end up on more medication if I can do something to prevent it!

I've also been battling an ear problem since the middle of November, had an ear infection, got rid of the infection but not the fluid behind my ear drum. I've been to the doctor 5 times since November and I now have some hearing loss in that ear, another prescription and no answers. I've never had health problems before then I turned 49 and my body is falling apart!

Now on a happy note, I found out last night that my son and daughter-in-law are expecting another baby in the fall!:preg:

Mama Nicole
01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow....Kim....congratulations on another grandbaby coming :). That is soo exciting. Good attitude on health first. That really is what it is all about. I started getting a little worried about my ticker....my heart.....carrying this extra weight around for the last 10 years. I really think that is my main motivation right now. Fear of lung cancer is what got me to quit smoking 6 years ago....so maybe fear of heart disease can trim me down.

I made it through another day of FF. It is a Christmas miracle. Ha ha ha. I am proud of myself though :)

Hello to everyone else. I will check in again tomorrow, I hope. Each day I stop in is a day of success, for the most part. Weird, huh?

aguerin
01-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm an old poster too. 2007 is when I began my WL journey and started chatting in this forum. Received lots and lots of help and encouragement in here.

Was just in reviewing some of the substitutes for the plan and thought I would check on everyone and say hi! I'm sorry for your baby losses and can't imagine your devestation.

I've decided to do LAWL for a few days/weeks to see if I can get this "haze" off of me. I think my BP is up and not sure why. I don't really have a WL Goal but am just hoping eating better will make me feel better. I'm on day 2 of a Take Off.

Its good to see everyone's posts again. Hope you all have a Happy New Year and good luck on your WL journey.

Mama Nicole
01-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Wow...hi Amy :). Sorry to hear about your BP. A 10% loss and salt reduction will probably really help your numbers....altough I am not sure if you have any room to lose or not :). You were at or pretty close to your goal, weren't you? In any case.....watch those numbers (BP) close, and if diet and exercise doens't do it, take the drugs. Strokes suck.

Well, I WI this a.m., and I was pretty disappointed. I am down a whopping 0.8 lbs. Now, in fairness, I last WI about a week ago, and I was only OP for the last two days...so I guess I actually could have gained a few and then lost them, but I don't really care. The downward trend is good, and I am going to try to be a grown up and focus on that. I don't really ever want this giant number of pounds to lose again.....so I really cannot obsess about the sclae. I need to keep it all in perspective and keep my eyes on the prize.

Jillian...is all of my chatter just making you laugh...............you have heard this from me a few times since 2006 when I first took responsibility, or lack there of, of my girth.

Anyway....I am heading into a 4 day weekend of my kids being home with freezing weather, with another open house on Sunday. Stress!!!! I can do this.

juliemarie
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Good morning! And welcome back Amy!

I'm feeling skinny today-I've been eating really good (between 1000-1200 cals a day) and drinking tons of water. I've been living in the bathroom! Josie is having a sleepover tonight and I'll have a challenge of not eating or eating very little of whatever I cook/order out for them. Then Jo goes to Grandma's for the rest of the long weekend! Woohoo! I've got major "decluttering the house" plans, hopefully a movie, and general piddling around the house drinking coffee!

Mama Nicole
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm feeling skinny today!

Yay!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

bizlawchik
01-14-2012, 11:37 AM
HI!

I have found my way back after 3? 4? years??? And I was so surprised to see how many of you are still here. As I was putting up my tree this year I found the ornaments we all exchanged and I wondered where everyone was. Well, apparently a lot of you are still here. I'm going to poke around a bit and see if I can catch up with what's going on. However....

JULIE... Seriously? Josie is that big????? And you look fantastic!

Nicole... I miss you

juliemarie
01-14-2012, 12:03 PM
CASSI!!!! Wow-it has been forever since we've seen you on here. There's a handful of us that try to keep it alive on here-to varying degrees of success. Many of us aren't necessarily following LAWL anymore (but most of us do seem to be following low-carb diets) but we all know each other and it's just .. easier.

Anyway-what is going on with you? Last thing I remember you were in culinary school....what are you doing now?

And yes-Josie's really that big (actually she's extremely tall for her age/ethnicity) and seems to look a couple of years older than she is. But she's 5 1/2 and doing wonderfully (meaning she alternately delights me and drives me up a wall-you know, the norm for this age). :)

bizlawchik
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, let's see... plenty of changes!

I finished culinary school. Was laid off twice in six months DURING culinary school so the idea of keeping my job and the income it provided while working part time for a caterer was not realistic. BUT when one door closes another opens. I am the kitchen manager for a high school. The pay sucks but I love the hours. I just enjoyed my winter break. Also I work 6:30 - 3:00.

I also got divorced. It was final 12/15. I've been separated since June 2010. My son is now 8 and attends school where his dad teaches. The ex and I split custody 50/50. I have him from Monday to Monday and then he goes to dad for a week. My daughter is now 19 and a quasi-junior this semester at Florida State (I say quasi because she had 55 credits going into this semester). She is double majoring in political science and criminology and should graduate a year early. She is doing gymnastics (still) for FSU.

I also just got a job at Publix (grocery store) to a) supplement the income and b) keep busy(?). I'm just did my drug screen and should start with orientation next weekend. Starting as a cashier and then there was some talk of doing their Aprons program which is cooking demos.

So that's all the good stuff. The bad? I'm pretty much back at my starting weight. Do not go to culinary school and work in a restaurant at the same time if you want to get to goal!

So I joined WW online and one of the girls in my kitchen is doing it with me. Started Monday and have had a really successful week so far. I put my scale in my office at work so I can't jump on it every 5 mins and so I can't skip the official weigh in with my buddy once a week.

The new program is actually a lot like LAWL in that it finally takes into account the value of protein vs. carbs. I still can eat the carbs if I want, but the best bang for my points is basically the LAWL way. Who knew LAWL was so ahead of its time? If they weren't so stuck on selling Lites and other supplements they probably would have been more successful.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Sorry to be so long-winded. I've missed the friendliness of this board. I can honestly say that you guys were the number 1 reason I stuck with it and lost it the last time. So stick with me so I can do it again, OK?

JLem311
01-14-2012, 01:58 PM
hey Cassi! good to see you post! lots of changes that have happened in your life since you were last on here.
nice to see you back!!

bizlawchik
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Jillian you look fantastic!

almsthere
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi, Cassie! I agree Jillian, you do look good, girl! Nicole, I am doing FF not take off. I did it for 4 days, stalled out (although I did eat some popcorn last night with the kids for movie night) and decided to move to the plan today. I decided to do purple. I was excited to eat my starch this morning. Buttered toast never tasted sooo good.

I, too, am stuck in the house with four kids, cold weather AND a cop for a hubby that is on the night shift rotation. I gave up trying to keep the house quiet during the day so it's all on him whether he blocks out the noise and sleeps.

Hope everyone is doing well. Plan to weigh in tomorrow to see if starting the plan helped move the number a bit. Having a hard time remembering to keep filling up my water cup!! Yikes, only 20 oz today down, like 40 or so more to go. Drink up!

RobynM
01-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Hello Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me joining you. I'm new to the forums, but not LAWL. I was successful loosing weight in 2005 and 2007. I'm just apparently not successful at keeping it off.

I hit my highest weight ever in December (and kind of found myself shocked at the amount even though I was eating terribly and knew it). I'm fortunate that I hadn't yet developed weight related health issues, but at 43 years old, it's only a matter of time. Plus, my husband and I applied for life insurance and I was told they couldn't insure me at a reasonably priced premium because of my height/weight.

So, I began reading these boards in December and ordered the new plan and diary from the corporate web site (like almost everywhere else, the center here closed a few years ago). I stared on Jan 2 with locally available versions of the juice and bars. But I just decided that I liked the LA products better. So I've received those as well.

Thanks to all of you who've been active on these boards over the years. There is such a ton of great information here. I've been reading a bit every day, just to glean as much information or as many tips as possible.

Good luck to those of you also just starting (re-starting) like me. And thanks for the inspiration to those of you who've successfully taken off weight and kept it off.

bizlawchik
01-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Good morning all! I'm feeling good today and I'm hoping it lasts. Three day weekend means an extra day to slip up! I did surprisingly well yesterday. It was one of those days where you wish your whole weight loss journey would be like that.

I'm not really into blogs, and I'm not a diary person. ****, I'm not even a writer. But there is something about this board that makes it easier. So thank you all again for still being here!

Welcome Robyn. I began my program (again) last Monday and weighed in at 258.1. I'm close to your height and age (41) so we are in the same boat! My goal in the next two weeks is to get out of the 250s.

JLem311
01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. It's been quite the journey for me. It's taken me 8yrs to lose the weight..having 3 kids in between that time...so ballooning up and down. I've finally lost and maintained my weight for awhile now. I managed to turn myself into a runner and lose the last 110lbs of my weight last year while my hubby was deployed to Afghanistan. It was quite the challenge, since I've got 3 kids and at the time my youngest was only 1yr old and I made myself tote her to the gym with me at 6am everyday in her stroller.
But I'm proud to say that I've been journaling my food, working out/running consistently for almost 3yrs now. That's been the key to my success.

I was chosen to be the 2011 Lifestyle Change award recipient from The American Heart Association this past August at the Heart Walk. I was chosen out of quite a few nominees. Being awarded with that in front of thousands of people was mind blowing. It gave me goosebumps to hear my story of my journey read in front of all of those people.

I do quite a bit of volunteer work for The American Heart Association--so hearing you ladies talk about heart health and wanting to do this for those reasons really makes me happy. February is Heart Month and I have an event on the 23rd of Feb called "Go Red For Women." It's a well-known event and if you haven't heard of it or checked it out here's a link. (I know I sound like an infomercial, but this is a cause that's near and dear to me, since heart disease runs in my family and is also the #1 killer of women.) http://www.goredforwomen.org/

Anyway..now that I've written a book on here..just wanted to say that it's great to see so many of you returning to our little "home" and I hope to see more posts!

bizlawchik
01-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Happy Monday and Happy MLK Day!

Went to the movies with DS yesterday and saw We Bought a Zoo. Good movie, but not made with kids in mind. Nothing they shouldn't see, just a little boring for DS. Had half a bag of small movie popcorn and counted it, and then e-mailed the theater requesting healthier options :)

Just kicking around the house today. Laundry, getting ready for the week ahead. Oh and going grocery shopping. Who would have thought I would panic that I didn't have enough veggies in the house? LOL

WI is tomorrow since I moved my scale to work so I have to wait for the fruits (pun intended) of my labor

Mama Nicole
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes....I am feelin' it. We have the right core group...and hopefully a few other oldbies will show up.....along with some excited newbies, and will will be rocking these boards again!!!!

Cassi.....my friend...how I have missed you. I thoroughly enjoyed your cheesy pun!!!! I almost made myself some popcorn last night, but I opted for cucumbers, celery, and ranch dip. It was ok and it filled the hole. Sorry to hear about your divorce. I cannot believe how old our boys are now!!!! It seems like just yesterday.... Anyway, so glad to have you back. Put up a ticker, and let's knock this out of the park. It was difficult for me to own up to my fattiness, but it is such a relief to just own it and fix it.

Any newbies, please keep posting. Our group is a friendly one, but it takes a while to remember new people. I, personally, love it when new people start posting. It gives a fresh perspective, and it is so fun to get to know new people. It does take a long time to get to know people via a forum though, so don't give up...just keep on posting.

Mama Nicole
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I started FF last Wed, so I guess i am going to have an official WI day of Wed. Does anyone want to do an offiial WI day together? I can change mine....it's not a huge deal. I am not letting the sclae b*&^) own me anymore....she is merely a tool to help monitor my progress. So, any takers on a group WI day?

RobynM
01-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Happy Monday (wait, is that an oxymoron?),

Anyway, hello everyone.

Cassi - our stats are very similar. Here's to both of us moving them in the right direction (well, I'd hope for taller too, but I think I'll have to just focus on smaller :D ).

And thanks for the welcome Nicole.

I started on Monday, Jan 2. So today was my official weigh in. 257.4 #. Only down 1.2 # for week 2, but a total of -7.2# for two weeks. Yay! I'll take it.

I'm actually weighing in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday's like I used to when I went to a center. And I told my husband he has to read my journal and if I've not lost weight, make me cry and buy more product (okay, I know that might not be funny to some people but it never actually happened to me so we joke about it). Actually, he really only makes sure I'm drinking my water since I'm a Coca-Cola addict (high test - no diet or caffeine free for me. I could easily drink 80 oz of Coke in a day and zero water before I quit cold turkey in late December).

Today I'm attempting TakeOff 2. I'm just not sure how I feel about this. It doesn't seem like many calories for a person over 250 pounds. But we'll see. It's only 2 days. It's hard for me too because the only green veggies I like are lettuce and cucumber. And depending on how it's prepared, asparagus. So it makes for a long two days.

I hope some of you are enjoying your day off (not a holiday for me).

Here's to our health in 2012!!

bizlawchik
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Nicole, I do my WI Mondays. But I like Robyn's idea of MWF like I did when I was at the center. I think it was a good way to keep me on track, and if I did start to veer, I only lost a couple of days instead of a whole week. So whadda ya say? WI MWF w Robyn?

Robyn - We are a very thick skinned group with a sick sense of humor so for me at least, that was hilarious! :)

juliemarie
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Good morning Ladies! Hope you're all enjoying your holiday (if you get the day off that is).

Cassi--sorry about the divorce and the catering thing--but it looks like you came out the other side just fine . . .you don't look you could have a 19 yr old daughter! Then again-Nicole sure as heck doesn't look like a grandma!

Welcome to the group Almsthere and Robyn! It's so nice to see new people post.

I've had an awesome weekend--Josie went to my parent's house and i've been kicking a$& on some home projects and also went to the movies. Got some more stuff planned for today before I pick her up. First on the list-finish a pot of coffee! :)

almsthere
01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I find that a daily weigh in keeps me a little more motivated. When I've kept the same weight for a couple of days, it helps me to rethink where I am "cheating' myself. I will join in for a MWF w Robin!

I also have found that if I eat a really good bkft: 1P, 1S, 1F and my coffee, I am better off the rest of the day. Now, if I could only remember to fill up my water bottle and sip until lunch. For me, just eating at meals, instead of all day junk grazing is a great improvement. A major investment in "me". That and I"m trying to figure out why I "punish" myself with food. Lots of times the negative self talk, is "I don't feel like making anything just yet" so I'll pick and snack, and then end up not eating anything.

I have also found that "boredom" after I put the kids to bed is when I start turning for something to snack on. I look through my plan, and make sure I ate all my servings, and tell myself, no food, just water tonight. I guess technically I shouldn't eat after 8pm anyway.

I moved onto the purple plan a few days ago. I hope to mix up my food a little bit more to see if that helps move the scale, along with an awesome water consumption, of course!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Mama Nicole
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
ok. I will do MWF also :). I will mark my progress weekly though, on Weds. I need to see the weekly trend, not sure why.

Mama Nicole
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Robyn - We are a very thick skinned group with a sick sense of humor so for me at least, that was hilarious! :)

Indeed :) ha ha ha

RobynM
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Julie,

While I'm thinking about it, I wanted to thank you for sharing your blog about your adoption journey with Josie.

I didn't meet the man I'd want to have children with until I was almost 38 (was in an earlier 13 year relationship where I would have never considered having children - not sure why I wasn't smart enough to see that as a sign to GET OUT, but anyway :) ).

We got married just before my 40th birthday and decided to spend some time as a couple before kids. Now, of course, my body isn't cooperating, so we've just started investigating adoption. And adoption from Vietnam was something I was going to look into. So I've read through a number of your early posts. And I really appreciate your willingness to share the story with others.

julsey
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi ALL . I hope I am in the right spot. I just started LAWL ordered the diet and got 2 different quantities for the colored plans. One say for red -8oz chicken and the other says 6 oz. both has LA lives. I figure if I start with the one and follow the plan it will work but can't quite figure that out.
Gained 50 lbs in 6 months . Cant say it wasn't great to eat everything in site but now it is time to get serious again. Day 2 of diet and i wish I was done already.

bizlawchik
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
You have definitely come to the right place - Welcome!

Rux1973
01-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi girls,

I survived my TO, and since last Monday I am 4lbs down. Little baby steps but I will get there. I am sorry to hear about all your loses. I miscarried in 2004, and I was 20 weeks pregnant too. I almost died too. But after that I had healthy baby boy #2. So, heads up and hope for the best next time.

bizlawchik
01-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Good morning! I'm either early or late for the MWF WI. Since my scale is at work and we didn't work yesterday, I just did it. Down 2.4! WOO HOO!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Good morning everybody!!! Here's to a fantastic week!

Cassi, ohh my gosh so great to "see" you!!!

Hello new people!! Welcome to this crazy little group!!!

bizlawchik
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Kim! So good to see you too. I was thinking of you while decorating my x-mas tree this year :)

Mama Nicole
01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Well I am blah, blah, blah today. I have a serious case of PMS. Also, my 16 yo DD managed to take my car keys to school with her, so I am home with my little kids all day today......after a 4 day weekend. I love them and all, but I enjoy them so much more on days they go to school and I get a little break from all of their tiny little messes.

In spite of my day being totally messed up, I am OP. Yay.

WTG, Cassi...that is a nice loss :). I will be WI tomorrow, but I am expecting no huge loss, as I am bloated and icky.

thanks for saying I don't look like a Grandma, JM :). I don't really feel like I look like one.....but somedays my body aches...and I think....well, I AM a grandma...ha ha ha

ok...must do some laundry. It is a glamorous life :).

Christina2629
01-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Hello All!

I am so glad to see that people are still doing LAWL! I also did lawl back in 2004 when they had their colored plans. I lost 60 lbs on it but ended up gaining it back plus an additional 25. I still have my plan. I am going to start TO tomorrow. I feel the only thing that ever worked for me was lawl so why not give it a shot again. I hope you all dont mind if I join you.

Nicole what is ff? It sounds familiar but I just cant remember.

Have a great day all!
Christina

juliemarie
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey Robyn-thanks. International adoption can be a tough road and is not for the faint of heart-but I had a relatively easy experience. However-Vietnam is not currently open to the U.S. but that could change soon. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Welcome Christina and Julsey!

Good job with the WL Cassi and Rux!

Nicole-I'm sure i'll look like a grandma long before I am one! One of the pitfalls of starting a family later in life . . . .

Hi Kim!

I'm probably missing some folks-but i need to get some work done before our "big" snowstorm hits. We're wimps here but I'll admit I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Hoochie
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Wow its been a while since I have been here....sorry! Things are going pretty good for me. I have been faithfully going to the gym since mid september and I have been going with my husband so its been really awesome. I really love it and its totally part of my routine now.
As far as food goes, that one is alot tougher for me. I am sitting at around 174 pounds right now and would love to be 150 so its not really so terrible. I have some really good weeks and then all of a sudden I slip. I guess its normal. I downloaded a few health and wellness books on my Ipad and when I read them, I feel very inspired.
Its nice to see some familiar faces! Chat with ya soon!

Joan

barri1970
01-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi...My Name is Barri. I was on LAWL 7 years ago and lost 30lbs...I have since gained it all back plus 10. I rejoined a little over a week ago with my best friend. So far I am down 4lbs...YAY! I have been reading this board for about a year and there was no activity for such a long time. I am so glad that it is buzzing again. I am looking forward to exchanging tips and ideas and supporting eachother through this weight loss journey!

Christina2629
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Nicole- I remembered what ff is and I am starting that tomorrow.

RobynM
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Hello all,

I've almost survived day 2 of TO2. I never did that when I did LAWL at the center (TakeOff every 14 days). Especially with only 6 oz of protein in a day. I think it's a trick to make me appreciate just how much food I do get on regular days. I'm starving. Unlimited green veggies just doesn't cut it when you don't really like veggies :D

But hey, hopefully it'll spur another larger loss. I was down 6# week one and then 1.2# week two. Maybe it'll just work that way - down more in TO week, down less in other weeks.

Christina - Oops. TakeOff really isn't that bad ;)

Almst - water is tough for me. Despite all recommendations to the contrary, I'm drinking my water with True Lemon Lemonade. It's sweetened with Stevia, so at least that's a plant based sweetener. I really won't drink water plain, so this is better that Coke.

Rux, Cassi and Barri - congrats on your losses.

Hi Kim and Joan.

Mama Nicole
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Nicole- I remembered what ff is and I am starting that tomorrow.

ha ha, well, you are welcome....good job reading my mind :). ha ha. And welcome, Christina :). I find FF much more manageable than TO. I never successfully completed a TO. I turn into a psycho b)(&*#% when I am starving. It is not fair to do to my family.

I am happy to report another day OP. Wooohoooo! I feel happier already, and it has only been a week. Mama like, mama like.

Ok, time to go watch Willy Wonka with the kiddies :).

RobynM
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Nicole - How can you watch Willy Wonka?

I just came in to lament that I'm starving on TO2 and I'm watching the Hanzel and Gretel episode of Once Upon A Time (a house full of sweets? wwwaaaaaa).

Maybe next time I'll do FF (have to figure out what that is, but if it's better than TakeOff2, I may try it :D ).

Edited to add: I figured it out - FF, also known at one time as LA Express (I've got that paper from 2005) or currently they call it Kick Off and send it when you receive your TakeOff juice. That was very easy for me. I did that two weeks ago. I'll try that next time instead of TO2. These two days were awful.

bizlawchik
01-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Good morning all! Busy day at work. I have 300 pieces to unload from Sysco today so I guess that will be my exercise :) I will try for personals later!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Happy Hump Day!!! Hope everybody is having a great week so far!

I know there have to be indicators for good health but I was looking at BMI numbers this morning and realized that even when I got to goal at 160 pounds a few years ago, wearing a comfortable size 10 I was still considered overweight according to my BMI, that could be depressing if I relied soley on that number, ugh!!

I updated my ticker, I'm down 5 pounds since last Monday! I'll take it!

Mama Nicole
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Good morning ladies :)

I am happy to report a 3 lb loss for the week. I am happy, but I really wish it was 30 lbs instead. Ha ha......wouldn't that be awesome. I truly am happy with the downward trend though.

Robyn.....like I said, TO always killed me. FF, or LA express acheives the same results, and is almost like a day off, as you don't have to count anything except oranges or juice....everything else is unliminted. Yay!

Ok, have to run........insureance guy is here to check out hail damage.

RobynM
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Good morning ladies. Did my Wednesday weigh in. Down 0.2 pounds. Now normally, I'd be of the "down is not up" mindset. But it's a bit of a bummer given that I spent the last two days starving.

Thank goodness I'm back to the regular plan for the next 12 days. And then I'm going on vaca and not worrying about it at all for a week :D But once I'm back, I'm definitely doing FF every two weeks and not TO2.

Downhill to to the weekend everbody.

Rux1973
01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi ladies,
I need help here. I was on plan 2 with LA lights, and this time I am not using them and I am on plan 3??? So, that is 3P, 4S, 3F, 4V, 2F and 2D??? Somehow, I am not loosing as fast as I think I should. Any suggestions please??? Since Jan. 09, I was down 4lbs, but as of this morning is only 3lbs. Please help... Do you think that if I start using Luna or some other bars I could use faster??? I would prefer to use just regular food, but if it helps... I am open for suggestions. Thank you...

bizlawchik
01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Rux,
When I was having issues, I was told a few things:
1. Look for the hidden sodium. Are you using processed foods?
2. Try getting your fruit in before 2pm and most of your starches as well. When I was on that plan (it was called red before) I would have 1s, 1p 1f for breakfast, lunch was 2s, 1p, 1f, 2v, afternoon snack was 1f, and dinner was 1s, 1p, 2v
3. Try berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc.) and other lower sugar fruits over bananas
4. Watch the sugar in your veggies as well. Baby carrots are great. A whole bag of them not so much.

When you say you were down 4 and now 3, does that mean 3 more lost or you gained 1? Because if you did gain 1, then maybe you could go back to the other plan.

JM is the scientist. Maybe she has some other insights?

bizlawchik
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh and how crazy is this? I need to get some more food in today and I CHOSE an apple?!?!?! Oh if every choice could be like this!

Mama Nicole
01-19-2012, 12:53 PM
WTG Cassi :)

I have only a moment, but wanted to let you all know that I am off to a girls weekend with my mom, sis, best aunt and two best cousins :). It is my first time away with the girls since 1996.....so, yeah, I am MORE than excited. I will be back Mon night, and I will have to do my WI on Tuesday a.m. Wish me luck. I plan to stay OP for the most part, but if there is something to die for delish...I am going to enjoy it....just not tons of it :) See you tues. :)
xoxo

MomOfThreeTeens
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Have an amazing time Nicole!!!

Rux1973
01-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Thank you Cassi, I will try your sugestion, and will see what is going to happen. Have a great time Nicole.

bizlawchik
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Enjoy Nicole! Hot Lemon Water to keep you warm!!!!

juliemarie
01-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Hey Rux-Cassi had great ideas. I feel a little put on the spot cuz lord knows-if I had all the answers I wouldn't be in the same boat!

But seriously-if you're following the plan, getting all your water in and following the advice Cassi gave (and don't have thyroid issues) and you're still not losing either 1.) you're eating too many calories-and you need to drop down a plan or 2.) you're not eating enough and you need to go up a plan.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EAT THE LITES!!!! They are really high in carbs and sugars and I really believe they perpetuate the cycle of wanting sweets. But that is just my opinion. I used them back in the day to curb cravings but can't help but wonder if I wouldn't have had the cravings if I wasn't eating them!

So-if you still are at a stall=either go up a plan or down a plan and see what happens . .. .that's my "scientific advice"--that and a buck-fifty will get you a crappy cup of coffee! :)

bizlawchik
01-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Good morning all - TGIF!!!!!

Yesterday evening I found out about the side effect of eating while on Ambien :)

I took my Ambien and was puttering around the house til it kicked in. Right before I went to bed I had some more food to get in and decided I would have a snack. The snack ended up being a snack size bag of popcorn, 2 Rice Krispie treats and a WW dessert. Oh, and I burnt the first bag of popcorn so I had to make a second one. it was while that was cooking I found the krispie treats :)

So... from now on it's take the ambien and hit the bed. It can kick in there!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hoochie
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Good morning! Well I am down a pound this week...yay! I am leaving on vacation next weekend and I am in desperate need of a new swimsuit. Man I hate swimsuit shopping! Perhaps a nice tankini!!! I am going with 5 other ladies of which 4 of them are toothpicks. Maybe I should just wear a toga all week! haha
Eating has been great this week. If I am not hungry, it doesnt go in my mouth!!!
Have a good weekend everyone!

Joan

julsey
01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys . Been only diet NO CHEATING since Sunday YAY. DOWN 8.5 LBS ..
I Got the diet on ebay but it is weird there are two diets both with lites and two separate quantities of food? ANy one have any idea why? I am on red and one plan show chicken quantity of 8oz and the other shows it was 6. weird... ANyy ideas??

bizlawchik
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
:carrot:That's great Joan - Keep up that strength against the calling of the refrigerator! :)

Julsey - the plans are based on what you weigh. Without your stats, I don't know what you would be on. When I LAWL I did red until I reached 220. Purple to 185. Gold the rest of the way down. That was with the lites. If you don't do the lites, you do the plan above. So if you would normally do purple, you would do red without the lites. That accounts for the differences in serving sizes as well. If you should be on red and opt not to do the lites, you would be on red2, which I think is one more protein, starch, veggie and fruit. But I don't remember for sure. You could probably search this site for the info. A BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST WEEK LOSS!:carrot:

wantbabyweightoff
01-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Hello! I just want to say I'm so excited to see this website. I did LAWL 5 years ago and lost 30 pounds. I had my baby girls 6 months ago and gain 50 lbs! I'm trying to go back to 135. Looking forward to lose weight with everyone! Let's get skinny in 2012!!

almsthere
01-23-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm been MIA and I'm sorry. I had a few extended family issues come up (don't you just love those...:barf:) and I found myself slowly adding more unwise choices. On top of all that, my water consumption was minimal. I think that is the issue for me, I really have to remember to sip and refill!

So, I braved the scale. Up 3 lbs since my last WI. Not as bad as I feared but it can't go any higher.

Cold, rainy day here and I would love to get out of the house. I might brave the weather but then again might get the laundry started.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Welcome to the new faces!

bizlawchik
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Good morning!

I think my scale in my office is broken. I showed me gaining 4lbs and I have been POP for two weeks straight! Then I got on it again and it was down, but still a gain from last Monday. Then it had a few more variations. I'm thinking it needs a new battery. I think I will just use the WII balance board from now on. It seems to be pretty accurate. But I really hate when it tells you to step on the scale and then when you do it says "Ohhhhh" like you just smooshed it. :)

almsthere - good to see you back!

WBWO (wantbabyweightoff) - Welcome to our group. We used to be a very busy board, and it would be great to be again.

CeciliaAnn
01-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Ladies!!! I am back!! HA! I couldn't get logged into my old account, so for my new journey I am starting a new.. I see that isn't so much fun since I can't have a signature or a ticker.. but in time I guess! I am excited to be back on the train!! HA! Anyone doing Take off right now.. I am today and tomorrow... I can't remember is it ok to have Coffee and Diet pop while doing take off? I don't think Diet pop is ok? But I can't remember?? So good to see all you still here! I hope some of you remember me!!: ) I am sooo eccited to be back on track! It feels good ladies! It feels real good!! Just wanted to stop in and say hi! See if anyone else was doing Take off so we could check in with eachother!

Cecilia AKA Cecil

bizlawchik
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Cecil - you can have up to two cups of any caffeinated beverage on TO. And welcome back!

CeciliaAnn
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks Cassi!!
Ok so here is my story.. I lost about 50 lbs on LA Weightloss back in the day. HA! And it was amazing. I slowly put it back on by not continuing to follow the plan and maintain my weight loss. I think we can all relate.. I went through a really tough break up and ended up getting down to my lowest weight which was about another 15 lbs. I was at about 150 at my lowest. I was working out like mad and not really eating obviously wasn't going to maintain that life style forever. I met my love shortly after that we have now been together for over 2 years. Approximately the same time I started gaining all my weight back. I stopped exercising.. and just lost all motivation to be healthy. Well I think the motivation is back! I started back at the gym last week. I am keeping track of my food and beverage/water intake on a new app I got called myfitnesspal... are any of you on it? If so what is your user name I would love to be your friend! It is a great mobile way to stay accountable and keep each other motivated!! I started TO today, so far so good.. it feels weird to be back in the same spot I was about 4 years ago.. but about 40 lbs heavier. It's sad.. but I know I can do this. I did it before and you gals all helped me! I am so happy to see some familiar faces!!
Nicole (I still see you on FB but nice to be back and be part of the group again), Jillian (missed you girl, I have thought about you a lot and even tried to figure out how to contact you since I couldn’t get logged in here, looks like you are doing awesome!! How old is the baby now?? ), Cassi, Julie Marie ( your little one is sooo big now crazy!!) I am sure there any many more of you out there, I will try to keep up and post daily or maybe more often than daily! Love love love this site! And all of you!!

bizlawchik
01-24-2012, 07:02 AM
So I moved the scale and made sure it wasn't being bumped around in my office. I GENTLY pulled it out this morning and I was down a pound from last week. Still not perfect, but at least the dang thing is moving in the right direction. I still think I'm gonna use the WII though.

Cecil - I know all about that story. When I got divorced the first time I went from 153 to 133 in about six weeks. Once I got happier, I gained it back. But I then gained 100lbs during my ten year marriage. He was/is not one to go out and do stuff, doesn't exercise. And I swear I have never seen someone eat so much. We would go out to dinner 3+ times per week and he would get appetizer, dinner, dessert and beer. You would think he'd be huge, but he's not. And even though I was eating way less than him, it was still more than I've ever eaten. Fast forward to now, I've been separated 1 1/2 years and divorce was final 12/15. I'm now with a guy that loves to cook and feed me, but I told him he can only do that 2-3 times per week for now. Does that app work for android? If so, I'll check it out.

CeciliaAnn
01-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!! Day 2! Day 1 of TO done!!

Cassi,
Isn't it crazy how our mind and heart take over and we almost don't even notice becuase we are either too happy or too sad to notice or maybe to care. Well I have noticed now.. and it is not good.. I think this is going to be it for me. I know I cannot go through this again. It is so hard on our bodies and our confidence. There are so many positive things that go along with eating healthy and exercising, it's amazing to me how hard it is to do just that.
That app is on Android market!! Check it out!! My user name is Ceciliaann80. I will keep an eye out for you.
I kind of hate doing take off because it is so hard to exercise while doing it and get the proper amount of protien. Have any of you heard of Herbalife? Last year I became a distributor mainly to get a discount but their shakes are soooo delicious! I am going to try and do a mizture of a couple different plans. Can't wait to start seeing results. I am down overall so far 3.6 lbs, and honestly when I put my pants on this morning I swear I could tell!! HA! Maybe it is just in my head but I will take it!!
My current BF is pretty lazy too.. I mean he is super skinny so I get it. And he does manual labor so he gets a work out everyday but it would be so nice to have someone who wanted to work out with me. ya know!? Anyway I hope all of you beautiful ladies have a beautiful day!! Does Dan come around here anymore? Well if he does, you too Dan! : )

juliemarie
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Cecil! Good to see you back. yes-Jo's gotten a bit bigger since you were last on the boards! She's 5 1/2, tall, and extremely slender. Luckily she doesn't have my genes! But I wish I had hers . . .:)

I may check out that app also . . .

CeciliaAnn
01-24-2012, 02:10 PM
JM she is adorable!! Sooo tall! Almost as tall as me! HA! Yes check out the app I love it! It is sooo easy! You can even scan the bar code on the food you are eating and it will automatically put it in with all the correct info for the food, like Luna bars and well anything. I even tried it on an invidual pack of Tilapia last night and it worked!! It's pretty nice and convienent.

Mama Nicole
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Ok, I am back. I was OP thurs and fri, and ate whatever I wanted sat-mon. I didn't go crazy, I just enjoyed things in a responsible way. I don't drink, so that was not an issue. I attempted to WI this a.m., but someone hid my sclae. It is probably just as well...this way I can have a day OP and then do my regular wed WI. I just realized we have a wedding in May, and I think it would be real nice to shop in the misses section for that...so that is a mini goal for me. I will add it to my signature later. Much to do to catch up after being gone over the weekend, but I iwll try to come back later. If not, for sur4e to report my Wed. WI.

Nice to see you, Cecilia :). Let's stay on track, ladies :)
xoxo

CeciliaAnn
01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Nicole great job staying in control but not limiting yourself.. that is always tough. It is an exact science! HA!

Weigh in today! Down 5.4 and feeling great!!! Hope you are feeling just as good!! Let's get some good encouragement and discussion going here ladies!!

What is your favorite quick and easy meal for lunch? Dinner? Or whenever?
One of my favorites.. is a snack of course, and I am sure some of you are aware of it. It is half a pita, spray with ICBINB spray and sprinkle cinnamon and splenda if you like and bake in the oven till crispy. Top with FF Whip cream and Strawberries or whatever fruit you like!! AMAZING!

Mama Nicole
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
darn...up 0.4. I am not shocked, and I am not discouraged. It is time to do some hard work. As soon as my cold subsides, I am hitting the gym again. I want this sooo bad.

bizlawchik
01-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Cecil - that DOES sound yummy! I think one of my quick go-to things is canned tuna. I mix it with 1T light mayo and onion, a dash of garlic powder, pepper, and my secret ingredient - McCormick's original chicken seasoning. If I don't want to spend the fat on the mayo I mix it with spicy mustard.

Nicole - glad you had a good time with the girls. .4 is nothing :)

JM - I was wondering if you've done anymore marathons

My scale is finally moving in the right direction. 252.6 which makes 6lbs in 16 days. YAYYYYYY

Mama Nicole
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Yay, Cassi.....glad your sclae hag is cooperating :). 6 lbs in 16 days is a great motivator. I was OP all day.....and I think my cold is going to be a short one. I feel better today than yesterday, which is nothing short of a miracle.

I am waiting, waiting, waiting to hear about a house we put an offer on back in December. It is in short sale, and anything can happen....however, I have been told that our offer was accepted and that we should have written approval from the seller's bank on Friday. I am not holding my breath, but that could possibly mean that I will be moving back to Wisconsin in 45 or so days. Crazy.

Ok, must put babygirl to bed now. Rocking her is the best part of my day :)
xoxo

Mama Nicole
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
omg.....cecilia.....just reread.....wtg girl!!!

CeciliaAnn
01-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Morning Ladies!!!

Nicole, busy, busy, busy like usual! Great job goign right back to being OP that is awesome! Cassi is right .4 is nothing! Good luck with all the house mumbo jumbo.. glad I am not dealing with that! HA!

Cassi! I love your suggestion about Tuna with Mustard!! YUM! Do you just eat it by itself or use a cracker or bread? YUM! I can't wait to try it! Sooo glad your scale is cooperating! We are close to the same weight with similar goals so lets keep each other motivated!! We can do this!!

Last night I did about 10 min on a bike and then a Body Pump class at the Y. OMG! It kicked my butt! But it felt good! I am kind of weighing way too much like every day. I am trying not to but it is sooo tempting....
I am down 5.6 lbs. Didn't gain anything back after TO thank god!

Hay I have question for you ladies.. I use myfitnesspal app and it tells you how many calories to have a day and it gives you back calories if you work out. So yesterday when I worked out I got back like 600 some calories.. I cannot eat that much! How necessary do you think it is to eat those extras from exercising vs. just my normal 1200??

Excited to see how your days are going so far!!

Mama Nicole
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Ooo, interesting question, Cecilia. I know on biggest loser they are always talking about your ideal burn or something like that. I am not sure, but hopefully someone here has read something and can share a link with us. Maybe our 3FC scientist....JM.......can help :)

Also, I LOVE the Y. I am sad that when I move there won't be one close to me. It is so nice....it is just regular people trying to stay healthy, and veery few, "perfect body," types.

I resisted getting on my sclae this morning. I was very, very tempted...but I had to hurry and get my bratty 16 yo DD, who missed the bus, to school....so, psychosis avoided. Whew. Tomorrow I am allowed to WI, so I will then.

Ok, have to get my laundry done....ttyl

RobynM
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Hello Ladies,

Little break from the boards between work and travel.

Hi Cecilia, I'm new and trying to be a regular poster here :)

Cassi - way to go on the losses

Nicole - Great job with control over your trip. I just spent two days away. It was easier to stay close to plan than I thought (although I did have a few drinks with friends one night).

Last week was not great. Crazy busy at work and impossible to get all my food in. I was up 0.8 # from my lowest weight. I was bummed Monday morning, so hubby bought me flowers to cheer me up and cheer me on for the hard work involved in this process. Glad I finally found a partner who's supportive.

This week hasn't been any better, as Monday was crazy and Tue/Wed I was traveling. This am I'm at 258.0. That's still only 0.8# from my lowest. So I did okay eating in restaurants for 2 days.

But I'll be eating at restaurants from Friday evening 1/27 through Monday 2/6 (weekend at a convention and then a week at Disney :carrot: ). So I'm not going to track. I'm gonna try and do my best to make good choices and get back on plan on Tuesday, 2/7.

With that, I'll probably be away from the boards for that time too. Talk to you ladies the week of Feb 6.

Mama Nicole
01-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Down 2.2......hells yeah!

juliemarie
01-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Woohoo! Some great losses this week!

Cassi-I haven't done any more marathons-just the ones in 2004 and 2006. But yesterday and today-I JOGGED!!!! Not for long or far-but still, a little over a year ago I was well over 300 lbs. I don't think I've jogged since, I don't know-college? And today I went twice as far as yesterday and it felt awesome. yes-I am proud of myself!

I also had my 1 yr appt with the surgery team (nurse practioner and NUT) and they were both pleased with my progress. Even though I've had stalls that were of my own doing-I'm owning my mistakes, fixing them and looking for help with my food addiction. Yesterday was a great day. I had also bought a new pair of jeans and felt fab all day. I had gone into the GAP but they had a poor selection of petite sizes. I could tell the largest size they sold would fit me-but they were way too long. So I sucked it up and went into Lane Bryant (though I swore I would never shop there again) and picked up a really cute pair (14s!). I tried on a cute graphic tee to go with but the smallest size hung on me (yay!). So-I guess my *** is still plus size but my boobs are not. :)

um-the whole calories back thing with myfitnesspal-not really sure. I would think that if you set up a program like that with weight loss goals it would factor that it-otherwise it would seem that you could add those calories back in to maintain. But my gut response would be to NOT eat those extra calories. If you are exercising so much that you are really hungry between meals or are losing too fast or too slow-then maybe experiment with that. But if what you're doing is working-don't mess with it! :)

I'm going to an 80s dance thing tonight with some girlfriends. Really looking forward to it. Wish I had some 80s retro stuff to wear though. Or at least my old crimper!

bizlawchik
01-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Good morning all - Happy Saturday!

My internet wasn't working for a couple of days and I have been so busy at work I could barely log my food let alone sneak on here! :)

Nicole - Good luck on the house! And a big congrats on that sclae!!!

Cecil - I eat the tuna with triscuits (my fave) or on toasted whole wheat bread (Nature's own double fiber is yum), an open face pita so I get two or if I don't want to use the carbs, just by itself. Also I love key lime pie yogurt with a graham cracker crumbled in. It's all the taste of the real thing while staying POP. And... WTG on that loss! Keep it going!!! We can do this!!!

JM - You must be so happy! I am looking forward to the day I can get into 14s. I am so happy for you!

Robyn - Your hubby sounds awesome :) Being in Florida, I have done the Disney thing. Believe it or not, you CAN find some healthy options everywhere. Just pick and choose where you splurge and where you don't and you will do great! You can go to their website for all of the dining info - even at the quick grab stands - to find out in advance what they have. I did that so I was able to say "We are eating in Tomorrowland at this place".

As for me, I am still POP :) I have found the joy of coffee in the morning again. A little FF Hazelnut Coffeemate and Truvia goes a long way. I used to have coffee when I was working in an office but that was long ago. I received a gift pack of Bailey's for Christmas so I bought a cheap coffee maker so I could have Bailey's with Coffee. And in our family gift exchange I received two insulated coffee cups that I thought I would never use. Well I haven't touched the Bailey's but I am now filling the machine with 1 cup of goodness each night. When I get out of bed I just turn it on and before I leave I put it in the mug.

juliemarie
01-28-2012, 01:05 PM
oh man-am I sore this morning! I danced nonstop for 3 1/2 hrs-never left the dance floor! Awesome selection of 80s and early 90s stuff! But my knees are killing me-esp since i had boots on . . . .

Quick thing I've discovered as I'm a cracker girl also but those carbs really add up! Use cucumber slices as your "cracker"-the crunch satisfies that cracker feeling and it's really yummy. I don't miss crackers with my tuna salad, cheese, hummus etc anymore. A yummy snack is a cucumber slice topped with a bit of hummus and feta and maybe a bit of olive if you're into that (I skip the olive slice .. ).

bizlawchik
01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
OK, on my way to the store for some cukes!

juliemarie
01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Cassi-I'm sure you already know this but the english cukes (or hothouse) ones seem to be crunchier than reg cukes.

bizlawchik
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Didn't even think about it. Thanks

Joni135
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks to Cassi and Nicole, I'm back to chat!!! Facebook has been my free time indulgence and I don't really do that very much. So cool to hear from the old-timers and to see how everyone is doing...My goodness, my life is dull and boring compared to all of yours! Nicole - Sorry about your loss and your mom's illness and good luck on the house in Wisconsin; Cassi - good to see you and get your update; I see a few of you other oldies on FB, but it's nice to have this site to share tips, tricks, and other motivational measures to succeed....

Anyone want to sign up for a challenge (haha - I always needed a challenge to stay motivated.....and it worked a couple times).....??

My story - hmmmmm....same old same old. Getting older (I'm 54 now); need to lose at least 30 lbs and started the new year off with bronchitis and back problems. Everything's is fine now, so what's my excuse...OH.....give me a minute, I'll think of something. I always do.

I'm not doing any particular program but trying to eat more whole foods, a lot less carbs, fruits, veggies, etc. I may also check out the myfitness pal, because in my mind I am convinced it's all about the calories I eat and the exercise I (need to) do. Now that I've finally embraced the smartphone thing, it should be easy, right! We'll see..........

I'm also trying to avoid taking OTC drugs like advil, aleve, prilosec and sleep aids to cover up achiness, indigestion and sleeplessness. When I stop and realize the achiness, indigestion and sleeplessness are the result of poor eating choices, that also makes me think really hard about eating chocolate, eating chips, drinking alcohol, etc. Each day it's getting clearer and clearer to me that I have to take care of me, because, guess what...no one else has offered to do it....

So, Monday morning I will weigh in, check in and eat English cucumbers and hummus when my crunch craving hits me (great tip Julie) and then I'll have Cassi's famous tilapia recipe that STILL is magnetized to my fridge!

Thanks for the nudges....and Jillian, you continue to amaze me. I'll check out your heart link too........night everyone....

Hey Julie - in an earlier post you said Josie is 5 1/2 (that is her age, right and not her height!).

bizlawchik
01-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Yayyyy - Joni is back! I like your idea of the OTC thing. I have also noticed that since I've been eating healthier I don't need the zantac. I do take ambien, but I've been able to take less.

I went out last night with some friends to a local sports bar and drank for the first time this year - with the exception of a glass of wine one other night. Since I had only had soup and a sandwich during the day, of course I needed some fried stuff to soak up the alcohol come midnight. I won't lie, it tasted good. And they had tater tots! But I got on the scale this morning and I'm only up .6 so I am happy! I will chug the water today and flush it out.

I'm thinking of pumping up my bike tires and taking a ride later today. We'll see if that actually happens!

Joni135
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
So, how was the bike ride Cassi!

Angie
01-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone!

I was checking in a lot here last year, but like Jillian said, it was hard to keep a conversation going. I was thrilled to check in tonight and find so many people are back!

I've been chipping away at my weight since July of 2010 (I regained everything I lost on LAWL +20lbs) and was down to 199 last September, but I gained back a bit over the holidays and during a cruise, so I'm working on that again now, but I'm within 10lbs of that low.

:)

Mama Nicole
01-30-2012, 08:53 AM
whoah....down 2.2 over the weekend......I didn't even read anything posted over the weekend yet....but will be back later this a.m. to catch up....just had to report my loss!!!!

Mama Nicole
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
OMG...this is awesome!!!! I am super excited to see everyone checking in :)

Joni, did you do your WI? I am also doing a lower carb thing, but it is on my terms. I eat fresh veggies and citrus fruit and high protein items....so far. Oh, and whole grain bread that is low in carbs. And, I am totally up for a challenge. Let's do a prize :).

JM...thanks for the cucumber idea. I love them, and I love crackesr, and I am going to make my family a nice after school snack with them.

Angie....great to see you posting. I am thinking about being done with FB. It is just kind of creeping me out lately. Some people from my past....like 15 years ago past, have been creeping their creepy selves into my family, and I am not liking it one little bit,

Oh, and on a very exciting note.....WE GOT OUR HOUSE!!!! They accepted our bid, and it has passed inspection. It shouldn't be more than a month until I am homeward bound :) :) :). It is a very good thing, as now my Dad's health is failing. WTF? He has COPD and has been in the hospital for a week now.

Anyway...have to run..... I have a mover here giving us an estimate, and I think he is about done.

I think we need Katie.
xoxo

aguerin
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi everybody! I haven't forgotten to post just been busy.

Glad to see all the WLs for those that are working at it.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to some of the old timers like me. Its good to see the faces. Cassie you helped me out a lot when I first started, its good to see you back in here.

I have been doing the plan successfully since January 12th and am happy to report not only a WL of 7 lbs but also that my BP has not been bothering me for the last week. Its easy to forget how good you feel and how much energy you have when you actually eat right. That has been my motivation. Not the WL. But thank God the WL comes with it.

It has not been hard for me to stay on plan this time. What has been harder is hording my servings (saving them til later). I'm so afraid that I am going to be hungry "later" and won't have any portions left to eat so I want to wait. Anybody else have that problem? Or other problems they are dealing with?

Repo girl
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM
What the what?!! So many awesome friends back on 3FC? Thanks Nicole for the heads up, I am so excited to see you guys!

Joni, Cassie, Nicole, JM, Jillian, Cecilia, Angie...and more I am sure. So great to see all of you! I REALLY need to nurture this body more. I have been doing yoga once a week, acupuncture, some essential oil blends and meditation. At that rate, I am losing a couple of pounds a week. I need to get up the gumption to start moderating food too, and I think I would be set. We set up an exercise room in our office, I just need to get in there. I am going to get back to posting here. I need the support and I love the friendship!

Repo girl
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
OMG, and Amy?! Good to see you girl!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Good Monday afternoon everybody!!! It's so nice to "see" all you lovely ladies! I'm usually up a bit on Monday mornings from not getting in enough water over the weekend but this morning I was down .6. I know its not much but it was at least down and not up so wooo hooo! LOL Congrats on all the losses and the renewed positive attitudes. Keep it up!!!

Mama Nicole
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
WTG Kim :). And Amy.....way to show that BP who is boss :).

Angie
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Nicole -- I stopped using my old FB profile and created a new one for a similar reason...I had too many people from work on my old one and I realized I didn't want them to be in on the conversations happening in my personal life..I didn't delete it, I just kind of left it there. Congratulations on your house!

Amy -- Good job on your 7lbs this month! I'm not on LAWL anymore, but I do tend to save a good portion of my food budget for the last part of the day, for the exact reason you mentioned...I'm afraid I'll be out of food before I'm out of hunger. ;)

Katie! Hi! It's so good to see you here...I hope you are going to keep checking in :)

Kim -- Hi! Congrats on being down after the weekend!

CeciliaAnn
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Ladies! I just haven't had time to go through all the posts but I want to post.. so here I am!!

Katie nice to see you back here!! : )

So I bought a new scale because mine kept fluctuating : ( and now it is showing me weighing more than my other one. : ( So I was a little frustrated yesterday but I didn't stray and for that I am proud! I went to ZUMBA last night and felt like a fool as usual. HA!

My eating plan right now is low cal, low carb, high protein. So I am doig some protein shakes here and there and then mainly just salads and chicken and fish and that kind of stuff.. I started working at this new place (it's for a vendor on the Microsoft campus) and they have like personal chefs! So I can get him to grill me up a chicken breast everyday! And they have a great salad bar too! Of course there are many other temptations but I think this has been a god sent! : )

I will try to catch up and post to everyone hopefully tomorrow. Today is busy since I have work and then class.. Hope everyone has a super fabulous Tuesday!!

Congrats on the house Nicole!! : )

Nice to see all the old faces and new ones too!

PS. I am up for a challenge!!

Joni135
01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Congrats Nicole! (on house and WL)......whatcha going to do with your existing home? Does the garden go with you ??? haha

I weighed but forgot to check in and I'm running out in a minute...SO....175 is my starting weight........ticker update to follow.

aguerin
01-31-2012, 12:56 PM
OMGosh it must be something in the air drawing us all back in. This is awesome.

Good to See Joni, Katie, etc!

Cecil: I know what you mean about the scale. I have a WW scale and I can get on it 3 times and get 3 different weights. But at least I get to pick the one I like. LOL

If I hear my mother tell me one more time that sugar and artificial sweetener are not good for me, i'm going to scream. EVERYTIME i'm around her I get the comment. They are the root of all my problems. LOL It may be true, but I gotta have something to look forward to.

Good Luck this week in your WL Journey ladies. Remember You are worth it and yes the sacrafice is worth it too.

aguerin
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh Yea and I haven't told you ladies that I'm going to be a first time Grandma. I cannot wait. George David is due on March 16th to my oldest son Jordan and his wife. I cannot wait to spoil this child rotten.

mini me
01-31-2012, 02:05 PM
If this isn't motivation, I do not know what is ..... I just got congratulated for being pregnant. I'm NOT pregnant. Granted, I am wearing a fluffy, hanging top .... but I didn't think I looked PREGNANT!! Ouch.

Repo girl
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh Sarah, people can be so supremely stupid sometimes. How rude! My grandma asks me everytime I see her when my baby is due. Now granted, she has had a stroke, so I avoid taking her to task for it, LOL.

Cecilia- WTG for going to Zumba. It looks really fun!

Amy- It really depends on the kind of sweetener anyway. Still though, I think there is something to be said for what you believe. If you BELIEVE it is bad for you and will make you sick, it probably will. If you believe that your body handles it well and you are fine with it, you will be!

Kim- A loss is a loss!

Angie
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Amy -- Congratulations on the impending arrival of your 1st grandchild! I get tired of hearing about the evils of splenda too...I try to just nod and say 'hmm..' like I'm thinking about it now. In my head though I'm secretly wondering how that person would feel if I started evaluating and questioning all the choices they make..but it looks like I'm giving their unsolicited advice some real thought...lol.

Sarah -- I'm sorry that happened, I know it's an awful feeling. I'm always amazed that people can be so insensitive.

I'm ending January with a 7lb loss...I gained today instead of lost...no idea where that came from, but I hope it packs up and leaves tomorrow.

Mama Nicole
02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Yowza.......I had a 3.8 loss this week!!!! That makes me very happy :).

Katie...so good to see you back, girl.

Oopsie...I guess this should go on a Feb thread. I will copy and paste it :)>

Joni135
02-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Happy Saturday! Up early and trying to download My Fitness Pal to my iphone...wonder why it's taking so long. I truly am a Smart Phone idiot! Happy to report down a few pounds. Amazing what eating right and exercising can do.