Ideal Protein Diet - Starting IP

View Full Version : Starting IP

Shelia B
01-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Shelia and will be starting the diet on Monday the 9th. I am starting out at around 275. Just typing that out makes me nauseous. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been this big in my life. I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years old. I have 1 daughter who is 19 and has moved out. I have raised my child and taken care of everyone else for so long that i have to do this for me. I have degenerative disc disease, have had one surgery so far and am hoping that losing some weight will take pressure off of my back so my quality of life can be improved.

I am so glad i found this board because i KNOW I will need support. I have had my consultation and bought the first week of packets and vitamins. Will be going tonight or tomorrow to get vegetables and purchase a kitchen scale for ounce control. I hope you all will help me along the way to stay on track and motivated!

rissimo
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Good afternoon all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Shelia and will be starting the diet on Monday the 9th. I am starting out at around 275. Just typing that out makes me nauseous. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been this big in my life. I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years old. I have 1 daughter who is 19 and has moved out. I have raised my child and taken care of everyone else for so long that i have to do this for me. I have degenerative disc disease, have had one surgery so far and am hoping that losing some weight will take pressure off of my back so my quality of life can be improved.

I am so glad i found this board because i KNOW I will need support. I have had my consultation and bought the first week of packets and vitamins. Will be going tonight or tomorrow to get vegetables and purchase a kitchen scale for ounce control. I hope you all will help me along the way to stay on track and motivated!

:welcome3: Sheila. Monday will be the first day of the rest of your NEW LIFE. This is a wonderful forum. LOTS of support. You will never by judged by anyone here, we are all in the same boat and we all have our ups and downs but everyone is alway here to pick you up and encourage you on your down times and cheer you on on your good. This is a wonderful plan and I am so very Thankful to have found it. If you haven't read everything yet, be prepared for withdrawls, headaches etc. If you do get a headache, just put 1/4 tsp of sea salt in your palm and lick it off and then drink some water, in about 15-20 minutes the headache should be gone. Good Luck!!

starry1672
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi all, I picked up my food and met with my coach today. I'll be starting on Sunday....so excited to be here with you all!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/luck02/lb/198/135/198/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Just wanted to say :welcome:

Traceym
01-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi ! I am also starting on Monday & I feel so grateful to have found this site. I picked up my ip products and got weighed & measured. I will go to the farmer's market on Sunday to get my veggies for the week. I am really looking forward to getting started. I have a goal of 70 lbs to loose so I know I will need all of your support! I look forward to the newer, healthier me!

gs463
01-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Hello All,
I started today and have had no problems so far. I started to get a bit of a head ache right before dinner and once I had dinner it went away. I am so glad that today was much easier that I thought it would be.

Good luck to you all. We will all be on a journey together.

licaba
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Today is day 1 for me as well!! I am very nervous about it all. Day 1 summary: Oatmeal was great, broccoli/cheese soup not so great, cinnamon/apple puffs great. And I was only hungry when it was actually time to eat. Not sure about the whole restricted IP packages but will figure it out as I go.:dizzy:

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Good afternoon all!

Welcome. This is the best diet I have ever been on and the most successful for me. It's also the most strict diet (absolutely no cheating) I've ever been on, but that also makes it the easiest diet I've ever been on too. The first 3 to 4 days can be pretty bad as you go through carb withdrawal and you are beyond hungry. Stick with it because once into ketosis the hunger goes away and the energy you will feel is great. This is a very supportive board, and you will get lots of help here. However, always check with your coach first, because... well that's what we are paying them for.

Welcome to everyone else too. This really will be your "last diet' and you will better understand that quote once you have been on plan for a couple of weeks.

Today is day 1 for me as well!! I am very nervous about it all. Day 1 summary: Oatmeal was great, broccoli/cheese soup not so great, cinnamon/apple puffs great. And I was only hungry when it was actually time to eat. Not sure about the whole restricted IP packages but will figure it out as I go.:dizzy:
You are only allowed one restricted product per day. My coach said never before bedtime because of their higher carb count. However check with your coach and see what they recommend. I always have mine for breakfast. A bar and a cup of herbal tea and I'm one happy camper.

gs463
01-06-2012, 10:44 PM
licaba

I understand you can have one restricted per day. Some coaches say no restricted for the first week or two. Mine said to have one a day.

There is a wonderful thread of recipies that maybe will help you with "doctoring" up the soups and anything else you may not like.

My day consisted of was peach mango drink for breakfast which I added more water to so it was okay and the vanilla pudding made into a shake with my salad for lunch. Again that was okay and I just had a caramel nut bar which was great for my snack.

Hang in there and I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we don't have head aches or any other issues so far.

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Oatmeal and apple cinnamon are BOTH restricted, You should only have ONE restricted a day. Don't worry you didn't mess up that bad, the first 2 weeks I had 2 restricted a day too. You will learn it then it will become second nature :)

Welcome to everyone :)

Junetwin11
01-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Welcome to all the new IPeeps. This will be your last diet :)

bedheadred
01-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself I am 40 everyone calls me Red and am new to IP.
It was recommended to me by my rheumatologist (I have lupus) today is day 2 and I have felt horrible chills, hunger pangs and a severe headache that I finally had to take migraine medication for. I am really worried I am doing it all wrong. Hoping to find support and education here!

Endless Dieter
01-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself I am 40 everyone calls me Red and am new to IP.
It was recommended to me by my rheumatologist (I have lupus) today is day 2 and I have felt horrible chills, hunger pangs and a severe headache that I finally had to take migraine medication for. I am really worried I am doing it all wrong. Hoping to find support and education here!

I also experienced horrible headaches on day three and four but the good news is that on day five I felt great and had been feeling great from that point on. You are going thru carb withdrawal. Some find a little extra salt helps with headache but I just hung in there knowing it would pass. This is the easiest diet I have ever been on and I have been on a million. My total weight loss has been 54lbs in twelve weeks...

Traceym
01-07-2012, 04:31 AM
My coach said flovored selzer is ok as long as it is all zeros. I was wondering, what about diet ginger ale mde with surculose? there is a brand called weighst watchers and it is 0,0,0 with no aspertame. What do you think?

mamacitaof2
01-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Oatmeal and apple cinnamon are BOTH restricted, You should only have ONE restricted a day. Don't worry you didn't mess up that bad, the first 2 weeks I had 2 restricted a day too. You will learn it then it will become second nature :)

Welcome to everyone :)

At what point is an item considered restricted? What's the carb cut off?

sekc14
01-07-2012, 09:31 AM
My coach said flovored selzer is ok as long as it is all zeros. I was wondering, what about diet ginger ale mde with surculose? there is a brand called weighst watchers and it is 0,0,0 with no aspertame. What do you think?
In the beginning of the program, outside the artificial sweeteners in the packets, I wasn't consuming much additional artificial sweetener. Once I discovered WF choc syrup with hot water, skim milk, and peppermint stevia I was in Hog T Heaven, drinking one every couple hours during the holidays. At the same time I began exercising again after week #3 of IP and eating more tenderloin beef and salmon. Suddenly weight loss stalled, then at home weight went up 2#'s. So, I cut way back on excess sweeteners and the beef, and over the next 3 days the 2#s came off.

As difficult as it is not to replace one bad habit with another and although artificial sweetener was not the only variable that changed in my program, *I think* avoiding artificial sweeteners makes a difference.

ginBAM
01-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi, I thought I might re-introduce my self here. Let me start out by saying that all of those choosing to change your way of eating and begin this new life will see a newer healthier your in just weeks, and even days. This will be my second or third attempt at restarting this program. I did it for 6 1/2 months and lost 80lbs. I tried to start in the summer but, found it difficult do to kitchen remolding. I am hoping that this time goes smoother. I will be taking my weight and measurements with in the next week and hope to have my stats updated. I wish you all the best success possible.

Linden
01-07-2012, 12:36 PM
As difficult as it is not to replace one bad habit with another and although artificial sweetener was not the only variable that changed in my program, *I think* avoiding artificial sweeteners makes a difference.

I agree about the artificial sweeteners. But there are still Stevia.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Watch out for truvia, I bought it on my first day and realized that it has 3 carbs! I had to use splenda until I finally found stevia yesterday. Used stevia this morning and I like it much better. Bye, splenda! (well, I'll keep the rest of it in case of a freak blizzard or something!)

Y Guy
01-07-2012, 01:21 PM
At what point is an item considered restricted? What's the carb cut off?

It's all on the sheets you should have been given, if not you can ask your coach. Basically all bars/snacks are restricted to 1 per day. The Spaghetti/Cookie (and I think Chili) are further limited to once or twice a week.

One think I had to learn on IP was to not worry about all the details and amount of carbs/etc. and just follow the plan as presented. It really is simple to do, but I'm the type that wanted details and that just made it more confusing in the long run. When I left that behind I did much better.

Linden
01-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Watch out for truvia, I bought it on my first day and realized that it has 3 carbs! I had to use splenda until I finally found stevia yesterday. Used stevia this morning and I like it much better. Bye, splenda! (well, I'll keep the rest of it in case of a freak blizzard or something!)

I don't use Truvia because it hasn't been approved in Germany. I've emended my post, and thanks.

civilgal
01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
This is my fourth day. It hasn't been too bad. I'd started switching to low carbs the week before and I think that really helped a lot. The hardest part for me was giving up diet cokes. Hope its a good week for you.

Good afternoon all!

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
This is my fourth day. It hasn't been too bad. I'd started switching to low carbs the week before and I think that really helped a lot. The hardest part for me was giving up diet cokes. Hope its a good week for you.

Here is something that might make not drinking diet coke a little easier for you.....

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.

Marcella
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Marcella from Toronto and I am so excited and happy to have found this site. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I stumbled on the IP Diet by chance just by searching weight loss plans. I began this way of life on Wed, three days ago, and I cannot even begin to tell you how great I feel. I don't eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs but I am truly a carbaholic. Day two was difficult but today I was fine. I just finished cooking all my veggie's for the entire week as I will be headed back to work on Monday. I actually think it may be easier now that school is back. I absolutely LOVE this food. I'm basically taking in all the protein via IP packages, and therefore just having to cook my veggie's. I am taking all their vitamins as well. I would love to know where I can get one of those weight loss tickers. I prefer the one that begins at 0 to my lb's to go. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Thanks so much for being here for your help and guidance. It truly means a lot. Although I do have my coach but this site will be a wonderful add on. Thanks once again.:)

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Marcella from Toronto and I am so excited and happy to have found this site. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I stumbled on the IP Diet by chance just by searching weight loss plans. I began this way of life on Wed, three days ago, and I cannot even begin to tell you how great I feel. I don't eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs but I am truly a carbaholic. Day two was difficult but today I was fine. I just finished cooking all my veggie's for the entire week as I will be headed back to work on Monday. I actually think it may be easier now that school is back. I absolutely LOVE this food. I'm basically taking in all the protein via IP packages, and therefore just having to cook my veggie's. I am taking all their vitamins as well. I would love to know where I can get one of those weight loss tickers. I prefer the one that begins at 0 to my lb's to go. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Thanks so much for being here for your help and guidance. It truly means a lot. Although I do have my coach but this site will be a wonderful add on. Thanks once again.:)

You are only getting your protein through the packets? you NEED that 8oz of some other type of protein at dinner tofu perhaps? You can't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days with 20 post :)

Marcella
01-07-2012, 09:21 PM
You are only getting your protein through the packets? you NEED that 8oz of some other type of protein at dinner tofu perhaps? You can't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days with 20 post :)
First off I would like to say congratulations to you on your amazing journey. Also you are a very beautiful lady and thank you for replying so soon. I did not know about that. I will speak to my coach about it. Thanks for the info.

licaba
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys! Guess I did screw up the 1st day maybe that's why i wasn't hungry lol.?

Anyone know of a place to get a list of the restricted packages. I'll talk to my coach Monday.

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys! Guess I did screw up the 1st day maybe that's why i wasn't hungry lol.?

Anyone know of a place to get a list of the restricted packages. I'll talk to my coach Monday.

Here is a list of all of the products except for the newest one added over the last few months....hope this helps

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
First off I would like to say congratulations to you on your amazing journey. Also you are a very beautiful lady and thank you for replying so soon. I did not know about that. I will speak to my coach about it. Thanks for the info.

Thank you :)

You should be having one restricted a day (if your coach allows it) and 2 unrestricted IP products a day PLUS 8 ozs of another type of protein

licaba
01-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Here is a list of all of the products except for the newest one added over the last few months....hope this helps

Thanks there speedy ;) thats going to help alot!!

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks there speedy ;) thats going to help alot!!

LOL....you are welcome :)

starry1672
01-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Day 1, here I come. Getting ready for the herb omelette!

4kiddos
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Day 1, here I come. Getting ready for the herb omelette!

I found this is much better dipped in WF syrup. Yummy!

starry1672
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I found this is much better dipped in WF syrup. Yummy!

Ooooh, gonna have to try that next time!

Renewing Myself
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone, another newbie here! :D I haven't actually started yet, there is a information night next Wednesday evening and I will be attending and joining then. I have been planning this since just before Christmas and have been reading your daily threads since. I am so excited to get started!

A little about me: I will be turning 50 in August this year and will also be starting a new career path February 1st - which is why I chose Renewing Myself as my log in name. My one word for myself this year is Renew. I want to lose around 60 lbs and then decide how much more from there.

This is a great supportive site and will be so helpful in this new journey.

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, another newbie here! :D I haven't actually started yet, there is a information night next Wednesday evening and I will be attending and joining then. I have been planning this since just before Christmas and have been reading your daily threads since. I am so excited to get started!

A little about me: I will be turning 50 in August this year and will also be starting a new career path February 1st - which is why I chose Renewing Myself as my log in name. My one word for myself this year is Renew. I want to lose around 60 lbs and then decide how much more from there.

This is a great supportive site and will be so helpful in this new journey.

Welcome and congrats on RENEWING yourself!!...welcome to the IP family!

lindac36
01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Good Morning All!
Day six for me and I woke up at 4 am starving. What's up with that? This is the first time I have been hungry since I started. My tummy was grumbly and gurgling too. So, I got up and had a bar and after about half an hour I was able to go back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and made the herb omelet with left over roasted veggies (I was really scared to taste powdered eggs) with Land o Lakes Parmesan Herb stuff and it was really good. I also made the Jelly for my lunch. I am on my way with my vitamins my water and my herbal tea. This diet makes me think it really is all about me!

massconfusion84
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Can I just say I love this forum....its super encouraging!

Marcella
01-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Can I just say I love this forum....its super encouraging!
I totally agree. I got this energy today that I still do not understand where it's come from and I am only on day 4. I had a dream last night I cheated after reading something on here about cheating LOL. But I think it was something like a bread crumb hahahahahaha. I was cleaning and doing laundry all day and couldn't wait to get back on this site. God Bless you all for making this so much more easier.

flaminpixie
01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi! My husband and I are beginning this program MONDAY MORNING! I'm going to run around and get all the supplies/food we need for the week so making dinner is not stressful. Does anyone have and tips for beginning this program? Thanks!

ToastNJam
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Hello there!

I too am starting on Monday after purchasing everything 6 months ago I had health delays (still haven't ended but trying anyway).

There is so much information on the forums you want to try it all but it's overload. For the first week I think I'm going to stick strictly to the basics, no recipies etc. Just see where that takes me.

My biggest obstacle (no pun intended) is Diet cokes. I've been addicted since 1983. I've managed to cut back but every time I try to drink plain water my stomach revolts. Didn't care for herb teas, but going to give it a shot with splenda. Any suggestions would be helpful in this area.

Also, has anyone thats been doing IP for a while had hormone issues corrected? Been having issues with my "cycle" for 18 months now (thus the delay in starting because of a never ending "cycle"). JW if losing weight has helped anyone else.

Thanks!

lisak21629
01-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I start the IP on Tuesday (hopefully) I have noticed a few complaints about bad headaches, can we take tylenol or motrin while on IP?

wuv2bloved
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I start the IP on Tuesday (hopefully) I have noticed a few complaints about bad headaches, can we take tylenol or motrin while on IP?

Yes, but here is no need. Its your body detoxing and your electrolytes are low. Put 1/2tsp of sea salt in the palm of you hand lick it off drink a glass of water and in 10-15mins it will be gone!!

Pamelama
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Hello there!

I too am starting on Monday after purchasing everything 6 months ago I had health delays (still haven't ended but trying anyway).

There is so much information on the forums you want to try it all but it's overload. For the first week I think I'm going to stick strictly to the basics, no recipies etc. Just see where that takes me.

My biggest obstacle (no pun intended) is Diet cokes. I've been addicted since 1983. I've managed to cut back but every time I try to drink plain water my stomach revolts. Didn't care for herb teas, but going to give it a shot with splenda. Any suggestions would be helpful in this area.

Also, has anyone thats been doing IP for a while had hormone issues corrected? Been having issues with my "cycle" for 18 months now (thus the delay in starting because of a never ending "cycle"). JW if losing weight has helped anyone else.

Thanks!

The fact that your stomach "revolts" when you drink water would be motivation to get off Diet Coke. I drank a lot of them too. I bought sparkling water or club soda for the bubble/fizz factor and have 1 a day. I really don't miss DC anymore, but it did take a few weeks. Add some sf syrups to the club soda at first for some flavor or limes, then soon you won't miss it...really.

Also, I had some significant hormonal issues that have improved dramatically from eating this way and losing weight. 2 doctors have told me in the past year that large amounts of aspartame can reek havoc on the hormones as well. I feel SO much better, no more mood swings, sleeping better to name a few improvements.

lisa07
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I am just starting day 5 and I'm loving this site. I'm always looking for new ideas to keep my diet fun and exciting. I get tired of the blah veggies and meals.

lisak21629
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes, but here is no need. Its your body detoxing and your electrolytes are low. Put 1/2tsp of sea salt in the palm of you hand lick it off drink a glass of water and in 10-15mins it will be gone!!

I will definitely try that, thanks so much Wuv2bloved!:^:

Shelia B
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Blah. I thought i was doing great staying on course today and drinking way more than the required water. I had the crunch bar for breakfast, my 2 cups veggies and lettuce for lunch and for my ID for lunch i had the dill pickle zippers. They were not on the restricted food list she gave me. I feel like i have ruined the whole first day.

starry1672
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
2nd day on IP. Made some mashed cauliflower to go with my dinner. Pretty good actually.

Shemsham
01-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi, I'm Tammy and I'm just finishing day 3. I've done Medifast very sucessfully in the past but didn't take the time to transition so I gained some of the weight back. My first couple of days were complicated by coming down with a nasty cold, but I have been successful so far :-) Tammy

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Blah. I thought i was doing great staying on course today and drinking way more than the required water. I had the crunch bar for breakfast, my 2 cups veggies and lettuce for lunch and for my ID for lunch i had the dill pickle zippers. They were not on the restricted food list she gave me. I feel like i have ruined the whole first day.

You did not ruin your first day, when I first started my coach didn't tell me the difference either and I was having 2 bars a day for like the first month. She saw what I bought every week and didn't notice til I got on here and saw that i was only suppose to be having one a day. So you will be fine!

2nd day on IP. Made some mashed cauliflower to go with my dinner. Pretty good actually.

Awesome, you are experimenting that is fantastic!!...Keep up the good job!

Hi, I'm Tammy and I'm just finishing day 3. I've done Medifast very sucessfully in the past but didn't take the time to transition so I gained some of the weight back. My first couple of days were complicated by coming down with a nasty cold, but I have been successful so far :-) Tammy

Welcome Tammy, you will have success with the program along with the rest of us, you are heading in the right direction that is for sure :)

marie montreal
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome day 4 for me! So far so good, can't wait for my weigh in although I felt really really bloated yesterday....

starry1672
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
So excited...day 5 and first weigh in. Down 5.4! Thank you IP and everyone here for the encouragment :)

wuv2bloved
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
So excited...day 5 and first weigh in. Down 5.4! Thank you IP and everyone here for the encouragment :)

WOOHOO!!!...great job!!...you are heading in the right direction!

starry1672
01-12-2012, 10:22 PM
WOOHOO!!!...great job!!...you are heading in the right direction!

Thank you!:carrot:

bedheadred
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I also experienced horrible headaches on day three and four but the good news is that on day five I felt great and had been feeling great from that point on. You are going thru carb withdrawal. Some find a little extra salt helps with headache but I just hung in there knowing it would pass. This is the easiest diet I have ever been on and I have been on a million. My total weight loss has been 54lbs in twelve weeks...

Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement 54lbs in 12 weeks is AMAZING way to go!!! First weigh in tomorrow very excited but very nervous! Carb withdrawls were awful! I ended up having migraine injections 3 days in a row - didn't realized I was such a carb junkie! I feel so much better! I am having the muscle cramps at night now... but much better to deal with then the migraines.

wuv2bloved
01-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement 54lbs in 12 weeks is AMAZING way to go!!! First weigh in tomorrow very excited but very nervous! Carb withdrawls were awful! I ended up having migraine injections 3 days in a row - didn't realized I was such a carb junkie! I feel so much better! I am having the muscle cramps at night now... but much better to deal with then the migraines.

make sure you are taking your potassium pills to help prevent the leg cramps. Oh and don't be nervous I am sure you will see great results!

bedheadred
01-13-2012, 04:56 AM
make sure you are taking your potassium pills to help prevent the leg cramps. Oh and don't be nervous I am sure you will see great results!

Thank you for all your wonderful tips!! You look HOTTTT Wuv2bloved!! IP is definitely working for you can not wait to learn all the tricks and tips from you and everyone on this wonderful support group:flow1:
I will post later my results of weigh in... my nerves have me wide awake hope it calls for a mini celebration:cheer:

starry1672
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM

The sea salt also helped me with my headaches and light-headedness...
Good luck to you!!

bedheadred
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM

SO excited 7lbs in the first week!!! :cheer: I am SOOO happy with my results!!

starry1672
01-13-2012, 08:14 PM

Yay! Way to go! :carrot:

northernfawn
01-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I just got my starter pack today so am ready get going tomorrow morning. I am so looking forward to getting stuck in. Reading how well you've all done on this program really helped me make the decision to give this program a try.

bluetree
01-13-2012, 09:47 PM
good luck! I too started a "new" diet and have hoped that joining a message board will help.

Beanie Mommy
01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi All,
I'm almost new to IP - just had my second weigh-in. I am minus 17 lbs!!! I haven't been hungry since day 3, but I am a lot more tired than normal. With only one cup of coffee per day I can't really seem to wake up... Any ideas on how to get back some energy?

Kudos to all of you for getting on this fabulous plan and sticking with it!

lbixby
01-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Yay! Way to go! :carrot:

Great Job! keep up the good work!:dizzy:

lbixby
01-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I love this thread! There is so much information on here. I have been reading on here for the past couple of months and have started a protein diet on Jan 1st. I will be starting IP this Thursady! Ready to get this weight off for good! I have been on several diets, but mainly WW. Can never seem to get below 200! So hopefully this will be the ticket!

salmongirl
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Today is my second day and I did have a headache. I tried the blueberry yoghurt drink and it was really good. I am still excited to be here and can't believe the success stories. I intend to be one of them! Have a great day.

Ducksmy
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone,
Going to be starting IP this week. Trying to loose just for me! I hate my body! Anyone have a grocery list?
Wishing you all success!

bedheadred
01-15-2012, 06:10 AM
So my first weigh went well and I feel very good about it... 7lbs!! What should I expect for the second weigh in - I am still following the first week protocol instructed by my coach, I am not allowed any "restricted" foods yet. I have fallen in love with the chocolate drink!
Curious as to what to expect at weigh in, hoping for another 7lbs but want to be realistic and prepared so I am not disappointed. Thank you for this website and everyone here with the amazing encouragement and great tips and pointers!!

Linden
01-15-2012, 06:33 AM
So my first weigh went well and I feel very good about it... 7lbs!! What should I expect for the second weigh in - I am still following the first week protocol instructed by my coach, I am not allowed any "restricted" foods yet. I have fallen in love with the chocolate drink!
Curious as to what to expect at weigh in, hoping for another 7lbs but want to be realistic and prepared so I am not disappointed. Thank you for this website and everyone here with the amazing encouragement and great tips and pointers!!

There really isn't any way we can predict, not knowing what weight you're starting at, how much water you drink, whether or not you're doing light exercise. But seven isn't very realistic. 2-4 more in the ballpark. Good luck, regardless.

DanafromAustin
01-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi All,
I'm almost new to IP - just had my second weigh-in. I am minus 17 lbs!!! I haven't been hungry since day 3, but I am a lot more tired than normal. With only one cup of coffee per day I can't really seem to wake up... Any ideas on how to get back some energy?

Kudos to all of you for getting on this fabulous plan and sticking with it!

Even though I was in ketosis by around day 5 or 6, the energy just wasn't there for me for the first several weeks. I think, for me at least, that my body took some getting use to the much lower calorie count.
Eventually everything normalized and I felt great.

Linden is right, everyone is so different. Generally the best weight loss is the first week and pretty good the second week. After that it just really drops off to normal, which I would say is around 3 pounds, with some loosing less. I have averaged 3.25 per week, but if you look at my actual weigh in numbers week to week you can see that each week is a little different. It can also depend a lot on how much you want/need to loose.

wuv2bloved
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone,
Going to be starting IP this week. Trying to loose just for me! I hate my body! Anyone have a grocery list?
Wishing you all success!

This may be helpful for you, check out this link....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245406-grocery-list.html

mtnsun4
01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone! I have been on the IP plan for 4 days- second day had a horrible headache, yesterday felt great and today I feel hungrier than before. :( But, I am staying motivated and looking forward to what the future will bring. I am also looking forward to the support on this site. :)

gs463
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM

That is wonderful!

lulubele
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi all! Just joining the group & finishing up my 2nd week on the diet. I have found it easier than I expected although it is not for the faint of heart, but @ 52 I am finally ready to make a change! Look forward to supporting & sharing success!
TTFN

eshore
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello,

My name is Elaine and I am about to start the IP Diet. I am happy to find this forum to hear all your comments about this diet. As I progress (or not) with the diet, I will be sure to check in and tell my story. Congrats to all who have been successful and be encouragaged to continue!