Calorie Counters - Daily Calorie Counting Accountability (#4!)

Pages : [1] 2

midwife
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
Use this thread to log your calories and keep yourself accountable to yourself and other CCers!

Queen Sarah
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Scale finally budged! Although my calories yesterday were 1756, my calorie deficit was still 835, so I'll continue to eat and move!

breakfast: NS cereal, milk: 152
2nd breakfast: Pradaboy Quiche, 233
lunch: zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, NS Chicken Tortellini, 3.2 oz chicken breast: 362
3pm: NS Fudge Graham bar, 2.5 oz carrots (in car) (earlier- piece of dark chocolate) - 301
5pm dinner: fat free coleslaw, pizza fit & free, 263
Evening: Candy bar, blueberries & greek yogurt: 431

Total: 1742
Calorie deficit will be almost 600.

ma26
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
After I figure out what my calorie goal will be I would love to join you all on here. This looks like an excellent way to help stay real.

loose seal
01-06-2012, 03:52 PM
b: 2 scrambled eggs w/1 thinnnn deli slice of American cheese and some leftover sauteed mushrooms, small bagel w/1 tspn butter, coffee - 450
l: 2 homemade wraps w/leftover london broil, peppers, onion, light sour cream - 350
s: coffee and some frosted flakes (yes those darn things are still around but I portioned them out instead of consuming massive amounts from the box :D) - 150

Total so far: 950

d: a big salad with leftover london broil and tblspn thousand island dressing - 400
s: small banana w/smear of p. butter - 125

Total: 1475

ma26
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok I decided on a calorie goal. Thanks to all you who commented on my post. I feel less overwhelmed and feel good about my goal. I am going to go for 1700 calories a day.

Since I havent counted calories successfully before, I plan to keep that as my calorie goal for two whole weeks before I get to try to tweak it. I have no idea what is really going to work. But I figure that without a decent trial period I shouldn't let myself get all crazy and try to change it before I give it a chance.

Today so far I have eaten 1155 calories.

loose seal
01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Ma26, I thing that sounds like an excellent plan.

Queen Sarah
01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I think that sounds good, too, ma.

When I was beginning to lose weight last summer, I ate about 1400-1500 on most days, but if I worked out or ran for more than, say, an hour, I would add calories (a serving of protein, then a carb, as needed, up to 300 calories for, say, two hours of moderate to intense workout). I kind of let my body tell me how much to add. But once I started running more than about 9 miles, my body wasn't an accurate indicator, because the feeling of depletion often wouldn't show up until the next day. That's when I got the Fitbit, and that really helped.

K9Owner
01-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Ezekiel Raisin Bread, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola: 273
1/3 Powerbar, Cottage CHeese w/Peaches: 226
15 bean stew, Cornbread, Tangerine, 2c So Delicious Chocolate :fr: , 7 Almonds: 750
1/2 Cauliflower Crusted Pizza (http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html):drool: , 1 c Roasted Cauliflower: 386
Total: 1675

1/2 Mary Training :running: 4 miles plus walked an extra mile (74 min total): 618 :carrot:
**the 4 miles was 50 min**
Water: 96 oz

Queen Sarah
01-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Breakfast: Kashi GoLean, Skim Milk, Orange, Egg: 283
Morning Snack: GoLean Roll, 190
Lunch: NS Pasta Parmesan, 3 oz chicken breast, fat free coleslaw, broccoli, 2 Hershey Kisses: 429

Total so far: 902

loose seal
01-07-2012, 09:43 AM
b: H.N. Cherrios, banana, milk, coffee - 430
l: L.C. spinach/mushroom pizza - 340
d: homemade burger on a small bagel, homemade fries, ketchup, light ranch dresssing - 600

Total: 1400

Queen Sarah
01-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I see I neglected to update yesterday -- it ended up 1541 calories logged, 1954 calories burned, for a deficit of 413. Not bad for being home all day, I guess. I have a 3202 calorie deficit over the last 6 days, avg. 533, which is my goal, so I'm right on target.

Today:
Early morning breakfast: Kashi GoLean, 41 g, Skim Milk, 4 oz: 152 cal
7:45 morning snack: Morningstar Farms breakfast patty, one pear: 201 cal

Total so far: 353

loose seal
01-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Queen Sarah -- how do you figure your calorie deficit? Is it just cals burned minus cals consumed? How do you know how many cals you've burned? I guess I'm asking which site do you use for that info. lol Thx.

Was hungry when I went to bed last night but didn't eat. Woke up at 5am w/a horrible, horrible sinus headache AND starving hungry. Waited until 9am to eat and am starving hungry right now and it's only 11:30am. :(

b: h.n. cherrios, banana, milk, coffee - 430
l: l.f. cottage cheese, pineapple, leftover homemade fries - 350
s: banana, cup of spiced tea w/2 tspn honey - 150
d: chicken, rice, broccoli (half my plate was brocoli lol), small piece of homemade coffee cake - 600

Total: 1500 or so

Sum38
01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I have been counting calories; 1200-1400 per day.

I walk 5-7 miles per day, six days per week, burning 450-620 calories each time.

The past few weeks I have been enjoying the swoosh effect :) Last week I lost 3 pounds and this week I have been measuring 0.5 less each day.

Happy to be here :)

Sum38
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
loose seal Have you tried going sugar/gluten/grain free? -- I have avoided all above for 6 weeks and I never feel hungry.

Please read the book called "Wheat Belly", it is a REAL eye opener.

loose seal
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Sum38 -- no and likely won't, mostly because I'm not fixing/buying separate food for myself. I usually have more protein at b-fast . . .usually a 1 egg/2 white omelet . . . which holds me for several hours. Didn't have time today and went with the cereal and fruit. That almost never sticks with me. Had I eaten some cheese with it I probably wouldn't have gotten so hungry so soon.

Queen Sarah
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Queen Sarah -- how do you figure your calorie deficit? Is it just cals burned minus cals consumed? How do you know how many cals you've burned? I guess I'm asking which site do you use for that info. lol Thx.

Hi loose seal, are you feeling better by now? I wonder if you're coming down with something? :(

I wear a Fitbit, which is like a pedometer, but it also accounts for intensity (and the newer one has more features -- I have the old version). It's kind of like a BodyBugg, except you wear it on your bra, and it's tiny. It syncs with my computer, and I log my calories on their website. It tells me how many calories I've burned (and inspires me to do a little extra some days! Or a lot extra!)

I like it because some days I am very active, but it's not all because of a discrete workout session -- it might be incidental activity spread throughout the day -- parking a mile away, walking across campus, etc. It adds up to quite a bit. So some days I can really get away with eating more, and in fact, I feel weak if I *don't* eat more, but I don't like to guess about how much to eat.

I've been wearing it since September, and it's been an enormous help to my weight loss!

I see I neglected to update yesterday -- it ended up 1541 calories logged, 1954 calories burned, for a deficit of 413. Not bad for being home all day, I guess. I have a 3202 calorie deficit over the last 6 days, avg. 533, which is my goal, so I'm right on target.

Today:
Early morning breakfast: Kashi GoLean, 41 g, Skim Milk, 4 oz: 152 cal
7:45 morning snack: Morningstar Farms breakfast patty, one pear: 201 cal

UPDATE: We celebrated my daughter's 26th birthday, and so she was allowed to call the shots. She wanted to have lunch at a trendy hipster place that serves BIG portions of organic food, and then go to a gourmet ice cream place, and then to a local brewpub.

I call social occasions like these special, and I throw all my usual dietary practices out the window. This only happens about once every 3-5 months. If it happened more often than that, I'd have to rein it in a little. I have no idea how much I ate. I did save half the lunch in a take home box, and ate it for dinner.

On days like this, I just say the day's total was "3,000."

I'm going to step up the activity for the rest of the day, and hopefully kick my metabolism in to gear and burn this off. Tomorrow will be back to normal.

Total so far: 3000

(Edited my today's report in the quote above.)

....Editing myself again... I'm probably overestimating by saying it was 3,000 calories for the day. I just did some math, and the afternoon was probably about 1600 by itself, and I had half of it for dinner, so I won't be eating many more calories today. I'm estimating my calories are 2053, and I've burned 1800 so far, so I might break even today or even get a calorie deficit if I keep going...

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'd like to join this thread. I notice that people are listing their food but as I don't get much time online each day, is it ok to just post my total calories rather than list my food too? Today was 2000.

Mynnie

Sure, Mynnie! Whatever works best for you! You'll notice that I left out detail today and yesterday. Usually I post every food, simply because I am logging it at the Fitbit site, and that is how I remember it.

Sum38
01-09-2012, 07:39 AM
I just looked back and saw you Krystal. HAHAH: I am stalking you :D

-------

Yesterday's calories; a bit over 1300
6.9 mile walk; 600 cal.

K9Owner
01-09-2012, 07:48 AM
I just looked back and saw you Krystal. HAHAH: I am stalking you :D

-------

STALKER!!

:rofl:

K9Owner
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Ok, so I slacked on this thread over the weekend b/c of work. I swapped Sun night for Mon, so I'll be working tonight but wanted to check-in.

I usually do really bad at work--eating Snackwell's, PB, and other highly-processed carbs, but not Saturday night!! :yay:

I figured out a "already known to me" trigger.
Just the smell of junk food makes me hungry, even if I just ate!
I HATE this!
Saturday night, my colleagues DID NOT order take out & the cafeteria was CLOSED!
This was very good for me, b/c no one brought up any food that smelled delicious, but totally off plan for me!

Saturday's Menu
Cauliflower Crusted Pizza: 296
Bean Dip w/tortillas :nono: , Fresh Pineapple: 345
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll w/Kavli Crispbread: 387
Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, 15 Bean Stew, Roasted Cauliflower, 1 Tangerine: 496
Total: 1424

Walking for 90 min: 299
Water: 72oz

Sunday's Menu--SPIKE DAY
PB2 Greek Yogurt, w/granola, 100 cal Popcorn, Hot Cocoa: 323
Corn Flakes w/skim milk :nono: : 280 (I must STOP eating boxed cereal!)
Bean Dip w/tortillas :nono: , Fresh Pineapple: 440
Double Dense NOW Green Monster, Sushi: 1580
Total: 2623 :fr:

Walking: 134 (REST DAY)
Water: 88oz

This week, I am aggressively trying to alternate 1200/1400 days. I want to break free from this plateau!

:dust: to everyone this week!!

Queen Sarah
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
It was an effort (two hours of stepping in place on the mini tampoline last night while reading), but I think I undid the damage of the afternoon celebrating my daughter's birthday. I estimated the calories to be 2193, and I burned 2372, so I ended up with a deficit of 179. (Total deficit for the week: 3381) (Calorie burn is calculated by the Fitbit I wear on my bra).

My trend weight last Monday was 135.7, and today it is 134.9. (I'm using the Libra phone app, which graphs your weight and tells you a "trend weight" that takes out all of the wild ups and downs due to fluid fluctuations.)

TODAY, Monday:

7:30 breakfast: NS Lowfat Granola, 2 oz skim milk: 181 cal
9:45 snack: hard-boiled egg, apple: 191
11:30 lunch: Mashed potatoes made with 1/2 head cauliflower, NS mashed potatoes, & leeks, with 4.1 oz chicken breast stirred in. 473

Packed in my cooler bag to take with me for the rest of the day:
Afternoon snack: Chopped pear & PB2 chocolate, 207
Dinner: NS Ravioli, Big spinach salad with tomato, artichoke hearts, green onions, pumpkin seeds, Hidden Valley FF Ranch: 475
Dessert: NS Chocolate Caramel Bar: 160

Projected Total: 1668
(Plus at least 3 miles walking, probably more. Actual walking, not mini trampoline!)

ETA: Hey Joycelyn, that book sounds great! I might look into it! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

It doesn't look "scientific," and I don't like the made-up word, but the concepts sound like good-old common sense that you don't see too often. I like the idea of eating at maintenance level from the get-go -- I think that would definitely make the eater understand that this is a lifestyle change, and not a diet. (SO many people gain it back after losing!) According to their formula, my maintenance calories would be 1500. That sounds low, but I am probably much more active than the average person, so my level is probably higher -- but how much? I think it's really helpful to have a way of tracking activity level (not just separate working-out activities, but all the incidental moving we do throughout the day). I haven't read the book yet, so I don't know how much this is addressed.

Joycelyn
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I am jumping in here too. After reading all the inspiring posts on the goal board, particularly one I just read by sept15lija that she lost 100 POUNDS just by counting calories, I am in. I am doing it a little differently, dusting off an old copy of a book called Calorie Queens, in which you eat your maintenance calories while you lose (eucalorics). You guys are so inspiring. I'm in.

Joycelyn
01-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm eating 1800 calories a day. That is what I need to maintain a weight of about 145 pounds, which is my goal weight. I can do this!

loose seal
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Queen S -- oh, Fitbit! I had forgotten about those types of gadgets. I wish they were less expensive. I'll have to keep my eye out for one on ebay or craigslist. thx for the info!

-------------------------

b: 1 egg/2 white picante/cheese omelet, 2 pieces p.f. raisin toast w/1tspn butter, coffee, 32oz water - 450
l: 1 wrap w/refried beans, small bit of shredded cheddar and lite sour cream, and picante sauce, 1 apple w/1 tblspn natural p.butter, 16oz water - 400
s: 1 baby bell cheese wheel, 26 goldfish (yes I counted them lol) - 150
d: homemade: burger (no bun, no cheese), mashed spuds, broccoli, 16oz water - 400

Queen Sarah
01-10-2012, 06:44 AM
loose seal -- The BodyBugg is expensive and has a monthly fee, but the Fitbit is only about $100, and no monthly fee. It's worth saving up for, if you can afford it!

Yesterday I had some Arctic Zero, so I ended the day with 1816 calories. My calorie deficit was 321, a little lower than I like. I'll try to step it up today.

5:30 breakfast: NS cereal & 4 oz skim milk: 152
10:00 snack: apple, egg: 160
11:30 lunch: NS Minestrone soup, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Mushrooms, 3 oz chicken breast, 1 pc Dove Chocolate: 415

Total so far: 727

K9Owner
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok, seriously! I had the BEST food weekend probably since I started last April!!
For those that don't know, I work on a Heart Failure unit in a very busy hospital, usually on the weekends.
When I go to work, I eat off plan food religiously!
Usually, I have a 1600-2000 cal day when I go.

I have been trying aggressively for over a month to change this behavior. This past Saturday and Monday night, I had the BEST 2 nights I have had--I think--since I restarted this journey!
It may have had ALOT to do with the Spike Day on Sunday that landed me such a winning night Monday. But, whatever it was, it WORKED!

Monday's Menu
Turkey Waldorf Salad w/ 1/2 pkt FF Raspberry Vinaigrette: 291
Fresh Pineapple: 200
Pre-run Fuel: Ezekiel Raisin Bread, 1 tsp Sunbutter, 1/2 Apple: 164
Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 608
Total: 1263
**I'll have a 140 cal snack before bed to make this a 1400 cal day.

1/2 Mary Training + Walking at work: 665
Water: 80 oz

loose seal
01-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Thx, Queen S., I just may do that!

b: 1 egg/2 white omelet w/picante and cheese, coffee - 250
l: 1 homemade bean and cheese burrito - 200
s: peanut trail bar - 190
d: 1 cup spaghetti, 2 homemade meatballs, 1/3 cup sauce loaded with sauteed garlic, zucchini, peppers and bella mushrooms that I added in, small sprinkle of fresh parm - 500
s: 2 homemade meringues with choc chips (no clue really, just guessing here) - 100

Total: approx. 1300

Didn't drink enough water today ... at least I don't feel like I did. Was unexpectedly busy but oddly not starving hungry, considering I didn't eat much b-fast or lunch. Dinner was absolutely fabulous . . . best I ever made!

loose seal
01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
So when I made last night's dinner I sauteed the garlic, bella mushrooms, red peppers and zucchini in a separate pan then whoever wanted to add them to their sauce/spaghetti could (not everyone enjoys the veggies :rolleyes:). This morning I took some of the leftover sauteed veggies and put them in my omelet . . . omG!!! Absolutely fantastic. One of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. And the grapefruit? You know how sometimes it's too dry or too tart or too just not good? This one was red, ripe, sweet and juicy. Wish I could eat breakfast all over again!

b: 1 egg/2 white omelet w/leftover sauteed garlic/peppers/bella mushrooms/zucchini and shredded cheddar, 1 red grapefruit, coffee, 16oz water - 375
l: l. cuisine santa fe beans and rice w/some chicken I added in, 16 oz water - 350
s: cup of coffee and one homemade meringue - 75
d: pork chop, homemade scalloped spuds, salad - 500

Total: 1300

ma26
01-11-2012, 10:01 AM
So far I have been shooting over and under pretty bad! The weekend was so busy (and that is no excuse) but I haven't been getting everything from notebook to calorie counting app until late in the day. As a newbie I have over shot and undershot alot. I'm going to start entering stuff right after the meal so I know whether I am on track, instead of logging stuff to find I ate too much or too little. Heres my days so far:
1/07/12: 1453
1/08/12: 2089
1/09/12: 1230
1/10/12: 2912 blech!!!

Ugh! My goal is 1700 a day. I have an app on my phone I am going to start using instead of entering my foods in fitday on my PC. I know its a learning process. But I dont know why I believed I could just write things in a notebook and then put them in on my PC at the end of the day or the next day. Which I ended up doing a few times. I waas trying to guess what the calorie counts were on some foods, and of course with labels I wrote them in the notebook as I went. I guess this shows why I have gained weight. I had no idea the true calories in alot of foods.

Sum38
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Breakfast
Cream - Half and half, 2 tbsp

Lunch
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 100 g
Tomato - Small 100g - Tomato - Small 100g, 200 g
Pine nuts
Onions - Sweet, raw, 45 g
Bell Pepper - Red, 100 g
Dole - Bag Lettuce, 1 1/2 cup
Chicken - Chicken Breast - Skinless - Baked (Ck), 3 oz
Athenos - Natural Crumbled Feta Cheese, 1/4 cup (34g)
Litehouse - Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing, 2 tbsp

Dinner
Costco Salmon - Salmon, 7 oz, 7 oz.
Uncle Ben's - Brown Rice (Boil Bag), 0.5 Cup
Generic - broccoli- Steamed, 200 g

Snacks
Celery - Raw, 1 stalk large (11"-12" long)
Laughing Cow - Processed Swiss Cheese Wedge- Light, 1 wedge (21g)
TOTAL: 1,297

OP all day yesterday:)

Queen Sarah
01-11-2012, 10:13 AM
So when I made last night's dinner I sauteed the garlic, bella mushrooms, red peppers and zucchini in a separate pan then whoever wanted to add them to their sauce/spaghetti could (not everyone enjoys the veggies :rolleyes:). This morning I took some of the leftover sauteed veggies and put them in my omelet . . . omG!!! Absolutely fantastic. One of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. And the grapefruit? You know how sometimes it's too dry or too tart or too just not good? This one was red, ripe, sweet and juicy. Wish I could eat breakfast all over again!

b: 1 egg/2 white omelet w/leftover sauteed garlic/peppers/bella mushrooms/zucchini and shredded cheddar, 1 red grapefruit, coffee, 16oz water - 375

That sounds ***SO GOOD***!!! I love veggies, garlic, and eggs!

ma, you're figuring out what works! (and what doesn't)! Keep it up!

Way to go, Sum!

I neglected to update last night. Ended the day with 1682 calories logged, 2264 calories burned = 582 calorie deficit.

Today, Wednesday:
early breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152 cal.
morning snack: Pradaboy Quiche, 233
lunch: 4.2 oz carrots, 3/4 cup fat free coleslaw, 2.5 oz chicken breast, Zone Perfect Dark Chocolate Almond bar, 361
afternoon snack: Larabar. 220
dinner: spinach, artichoke hearts, NS penne chicken alfredo, 275

Total so far: 1241

ma26
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Queen Sarah- Thanks your always so encouraging!

I was thinking about my calories being off so far. I think I am going to make a mini goal. So three days I am making a goal to track everything in my iphone app right away. And when I get to the calorie allotment I gotta be done for the day no matter what else I have going on that day. I dont think I will be perfectly on plan everyday. But I know I can commit to three days totally on plan.

loose seal
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
ma -- I added up your cals then divided by 4 (days) and you averaged just over 1900 cals/day. Not nearly as far off from your 1700 cals/day goal that you set. If you eat 1500 cals/day for the next three days your weekly average will be 1740 which is pretty close to your original goal.

Sometimes I find it helps to plan out what I'm going to eat for a few days and add up the cals before hand, that way I know if I'm on track or not. After awhile you do get into a groove of how many cals things you eat have (well, things you eat frequently) and it does get easier.

loose seal
01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
K9 -- congrats on your weekend success! It's so hard when you're surrounded by stuff you know is going to throw you off plan, isn't it? Kudos to you for sticking to it!

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I made an entire post of personals & have NO IDEA where it is!! GRRR

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Pre-Run Fuel: Ezekiel Raisin Bread, 1 tsp Sunbutter, 1/2 c grapes
FF Turkey Cheese Omelet, Cottage Cheese w/Strawberry Jam:432
Bean Dip w/tortilla chips :nono: , SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Grapes: 417
Thyme Chicken Pistachio Salad w/Mandarin Oranges: 544
Total Cals: 1393
:running: & some floor work: 406{HRM} (50 Min)

Kristiina: Look at your perfectly OP day!! BRAT!!! :rolleyes: {{giggles}}

Seal: I've tried to put veggies in omelets, and I just can't eat it. I love all the foods--separately, but not together. Glad you found something you like. It keeps the lifestyle easier to adhere too.

MA: I would defo suggest logging as soon as you eat or during your meal (which is what I usually do). Depending on which app you use, you can determine where you are before your last meal. Like Tuesday night, I chose the chicken and miracle noodles--a lower carb meal, b/c I ate to many carbs throughout the day and not enough protein. I use the My Fitness Pal app and it includes a scanner. I love it! Good job on making progress!! Keep at it, you'll get there!

Sarah: You're making me consider a FitBit. Not good, considering I have enough gadgets. I just need the loss!! :lol:

4star
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Hanging in there...

Ended yesterday at 1555. :carrot:

coffee, omelet, toast: 445
salad: 300
pb crackers: 100
Tacos: 550
rice crispy treat and cookie: 140

Finally saw the scale start to budge this morning so I'm happy with that. :D

loose seal
01-12-2012, 09:32 AM
b: coffee, another of those tasty veggie omelets, 16oz water - 200
s: banana w/smear of p. butter, 16oz h20 - 150
l: one homemade bean burrito on low carb wrap, 1 red grapefruit, 16oz aqua - 275
s: two homemade choc. chippers and a bit of the dough - 250
d: the most fabulous roasted chicken, steamed carrots w/a bit of butter, honey and cinnamon, leftover scalloped potatoes - 400
s: 3 jolly ranchers - 60

Total: 1350

ma26
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I think I may make this into a through the month editable post. Then have a side by side comparison to calories and weight. I'm curious to see the correlation develop.
-------Weight Calories
1/11: 179.8____1922 +222
1/12: 178.4____1798+98 much better :)
1/13: 177.8____1685-15 Doing the 5pm as start of the new day was much easier! I am liking the tracking days dinner through lunch so far. It's easier to plan and properly excecute calories at breakfast and lunch for me.
1/14:
1/15:
1/16:
1/17:
1/18:
1/19:
1/20:
1/21:
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:
1/28:
1/29:
1/30:
1/31:

Queen Sarah
01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
ma, you might want to copy & paste into a new post every day or every few days, or it will get buried, and we won't get to see it!

K9Owner, I am a gadget-addict, too! I know how you feel. (This one really is great, though. A week after I bought it, they came out with the Ultra Fitbit, and it's all I can do, not to upgrade! But I can't justify it, since this one is perfectly good. But -- they are coming out with a wi-fi scale -- like the Withings, but less expensive -- that will sync with the Fitbit -- and it's sooooo tempting. I will probably get it as a reward for myself by the time it is released!)

OK, I forgot to update again last night. I went into a severe popcorn craving, but at least it was air-popped. So I ended the day with 1744 calories, and a 353 deficit.

Today was my mammogram, and I have a tradition -- I celebrate good results on mammograms by taking myself to IHOP and ordering two pancakes. :D Really, not having cancer is a great thing to celebrate! (I am hard-pressed to think of a better reason -- or two -- to celebrate) :D I also had an omelette, because I am assuming that I also do not have ovarian cancer. (On subjects like this, I like to think negative).

:carrot:

So, without apologies, (except, sorry for the bad puns), here is my already-high calorie count for today, Thursday:

breakfast: boiled egg, pear: 201
second breakfast: Light & Fit omelette, two blueberry pancakes: 730
afternoon snack (all that talk about popcorn made me crave it, and I have a box of microwave popcorn I need to use up, so --) one bag, plus a string cheese: 320
dinner: zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, NS Pasta with Beef: 230
snacks: NS dessert bar, 4 Hershey kisses, nonfat cottage cheese: 438

Total: 1919 Probably no deficit for me today. I'll be lucky to break even. But I had a good mammogram, and that's the important thing!

ma26
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I've seen on here people who count calories dinner to lunch. I want to do this. I feel it will help greatly at reigning in the caloric counts. Especially since dinner is the most unpredicatable meal I deal with. For example we have dinner at a friends home tonight. And I have no idea what will be served. So to make the transition I figured that dinner tonight will be counted twice. Once to round out today, and then to start tomorrow caloric count that will end at lunch tomorrow. I figured this way I am sure to stay on track better than if I skipped this morning and just started tomorrow with dinner.

Anyone count this way? Did you just start it off doing so?

loose seal
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Queen S -- Popcorn is one of my all time fav snacks! I used to use an air popper but didn't like how dry it made it and how it got all 'hully' and those darn things sticking in my teeth.

I read an article about how bad microwave popcorn is (all the crap they put in there, not to mention the calories) and it gave a home version of how to make your own.

1. Put 1/4 cup of kernals into a brown paper lunch bag.
2. Fold the bag once or twice from top and seal w/a piece of tape.
3. Microwave it for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (try not to burn it cause it's not very good burnt. Might take a few tries before you figure out exactly how long works in your microwave. 1 min and 50 seconds is perfect in ours).

OMG! The popcorn is more 'corny' tasting, crisper and not nearly as 'hully'. I usually sprinkle on butter buds and sometimes spray it w/butter flavored spray. Not that that stuff is great but I figured it's way better then all the chemicals in microwaved popcorn.

loose seal
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
ma -- Why would you count tonights dinner twice? Once for tonight, then count b-fast tomorrow then count lunch and snacks tomorrow and that's your total. Right? Or am I missing something?

I start each day, counting cals from b-fast through dinner/night time snack.

ma26
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
loose seal- I want to count calories from dinner the night before and ending with lunch the next day. I saw some cc'ers on here count that way. And since dinner has been the meal that is the variable I was hoping that doing it this way may make it easier for me to keep my calories more spot on. I can control hunger better day and afternoons. Dinner is where I struggle. This way if dinner ends up always being a 500-700 hundred ordeal I can adjust my breakfast and lunches to accomodate.
But since I have been counting breakfast though dinner so far, I need to find a way to transition to counting dinner through lunch as a day. And I dont want to lose any accountability in the process.

Queen Sarah
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
ma, I had never heard of starting with the dinner calories before I came to this forum, but I think it's an interesting idea! If dinner/evening is when you tend to go over, I can see where it would make sense to count those calories first, and then it's easier to be frugal for breakfast and lunch the next day, and then start with a clean slate for the next dinner. Let us know how it works!

loose seal, thanks for the microwave popcorn idea! I will get some brown paper bags and try that! (I hope I don't regret buying the air-popper!)

ma26
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Just wanted to note this. I have been really wanting to eat and eat today. But with dinner at friends tonight i wanted to save 600 calories so I can be ok regardless or what they serve. I was feeling so an urge to eat and decided to go for a run. The workout actually blunted my hunger! This is great. I'll have to remember that it worked that way this time.

K9Owner
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Are you all sick of hearing all of these OP days yet???
Well, I hope not, here's another….just for YOU!!

Pre-Workout Fuel: 1 Grapefruit, Ezekiel Raisin Bread, 1 tsp Sunbutter, Coffee: 227
Bean Dip & Tortilla Chips ((LAST OF BOTH!!)): 460
Cottage Cheese w/Strawberry Jam, 2oz Chicken Breast: 146
:drool: Coconut Chicken Salad (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html) w/Ken's FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg :drool: : 524
Total: 1357

Water: 72oz
BodyRock +Plateau Challenge + Walking at work for 4 hours straight: 561

MA: I have my diary set up in a 24 hr day. My day starts at midnight.
The times are:
12a-7a
7a-12p
12p-3p
3p-7p
7p-midnight
I do it like this for a couple of reasons. 1. I never know when I am going to work overnights at the hospital & trying to have a 6pm cutoff is out when you're up til 9am the next morning. 2. I wanted to see when I was the hungriest. This helped me pinpoint when I was hungry. Instead of labeling things breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks...I can eat whatever time I want, but once my cals are over...that's all of them.

This took a little getting used to, b/c say I work a Friday night and am starving between 12a-7p & use up 700cals on junk, I only have 600-700 cals for the rest of the day and night.

It has taught me to eat conservatively!

4star
01-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi all. Just checking in. Not a bad day yesterday.

Coffee, omelet, toast-530
Salad- 345
peanuts and greek yogurt-240
pork loin, 1/2 serving wild rice, steamed carrots-270
martini- 150
snack-150

Still have a little way to go on reducing calories but the scale is coming down so I think things are going ok. Gonna have to work on planning meals ahead of time(always hard to know what I'm gonna want) and figuring out some more filling options for my calories.

loose seal
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
K9 - I never get tired of reading of others being OP . . . it helps give me the determination to stay OP too! That coconut chicken looks really, really good. Thx for sharing the recipe.

ma -- oh, you mean you were going to count dinner twice just for the transition. I thought you meant all the time . . . which is why I was confused. I don't always know what's for dinner either, even though I do all the cooking. Sometimes I just don't know what to make until it's dinner time. I usually just figure dinner w/be 500-600 cals so I do my best not to eat more than 800-900 cals during the day, that way I know I"m good to go for dinner. And if dinner turns out to be lower than that, like last night for me it was 400 cals, then I can either have a snack or if I'm not hungry/craving, just have a lower cal day.

Queen - I still have my air popper even though I haven't used it in awhile. My kid said to keep it 'just in case' she wants to make a lot of popcorn when friends come over. Translation: it will likely go unused. :lol:

----------------------------

b: picante/hardly-any-cheese omelet, banana w/smear of p. butter, coffee, 16oz water - 350
l: finished the last of the roasted chicken (6oz ) and carrots (not very many), side salad w/lite dressing, grapefruit - 400
d: l. cuisine roasted garlic/chicken dinner (added some mozzarella) - 400

Total so far: 1150

So I was going to have two chocolate chip cookies . . but someone finished them off! I just made them yesterday. Truly I live with pigs. Settling for some jolly ranchers.

Total: 1250

-----------------------

Queen Sarah
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
i ended up yesterday with only a 41 calorie deficit, and my weight was up (mostly sodium from the popcorn salt, but up is still the wrong direction), so I'm going to try to eat OP today.

6am breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, 152 cal
9:45 2nd breakfast: Pradaboy Quiche, 233
noon lunch: zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, NS Vegetarian Chili: 282
3:45 snack: frozen unsweetened cherries, Greek yogurt: 178
pre-dinner snack: dried cranberries, 117
6:00 dinner: NS potatoes mixed with mashed cauliflower, 3 oz chicken: 426

Total so far: 1388
(calories burned so far: 1460)

4star
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=Queen Sarah;4169250]ma, I had never heard of starting with the dinner calories before I came to this forum, but I think it's an interesting idea! If dinner/evening is when you tend to go over, I can see where it would make sense to count those calories first, and then it's easier to be frugal for breakfast and lunch the next day, and then start with a clean slate for the next dinner. Let us know how it works!
[QUOTE]

I am actually tracking both ways right now to see if I notice a difference. Mathematically, I don't *think* you should but it does help keep me a little more focused on how I am spending my calories at different times of the day and that should pay off, I would think...I guess, it depends on what is the most workable for the individual.

ma26
01-13-2012, 10:16 AM
K9Owner- Good point. I will make it a 24 hour cycle. Which still works with reusing last nights dinner in todays calories. I will start the new day at 5 pm, and end at 5 pm the following day. I never eat dinner earlier than 5.

loose seal- You have been so OP too! This thread has been great for seeing motivating chicks in action :).

Queen Sarah- Your still at a deficit! I'm sure its water retention or something. You have been OP most everyday!

Yesterday was only 98 calories over 1700. My weight is still falling which is a pleasant surprise. I usually see more bouncing around from day to day when I have done daily weighing in the past. Maybe this is a testament to cc'ing though. I haven't consistently tracked all the calories I consumed like this before. This is a great method and while time consuming a bit, a great process for losing weight.

K9Owner
01-14-2012, 12:17 AM
:yay: Another OP Friday!! :yay:
1/8 slice :jeno: ((dangit!)), Banana Oatmeal NOW Shake: 503
Grapes: 76
Coconut Chicken Salad w/Ken's FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg: 710
(So good, I had to have it again! More chick this time)
Total: 1289

:running: , cleaning, K9Walk: 736
(I was busy today.)
Water: 88oz

Down to 147.6. I've seen 146.8 twice this week, but TOM is due any day and I slept lousy. Oh well, off with my head :spin:

Queen Sarah
01-14-2012, 07:37 AM
I probably didn't update my final info last night, but the bottom line was 1609 calories in, 1950 calories burned, 341 deficit, 1638 deficit over 5 days. Not as good as I'd hoped, so I hope I have a good weekend.

Today, Saturday:

6am breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, 152 cal
10:30 snack: Morningstar Farms breakfast patty, orange: 152 cal
(Somehow I got those calories to match. That's what you call a balanced diet). :D
1:00 lunch: Cauliflower mash mixed with NS potatoes, 3.1 oz chicken breast: 430

Total so far: 734

Sum38
01-14-2012, 08:43 AM
All main meals planned for the day: 907 calories + snacks.

Walk: 5.2 miles for 80 minutes

Bfast:
Cream - Half and half, 2 tbsp

Morning Snack
TBD

Lunch
Generic - Litehouse Raspberry Walnut Salad Dressing, 1 tablespoons
Onions - Raw, 40 g
Generic - Vine Ripe Tomato, 1 medium, whole (2-3/5" dia)
Cheese - Feta, 1 oz
Kirkland - Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, 3 oz
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices
Costco (Babe's Farms) - Organic Spring Mix - Baby Lettuces and Greens, 56 g (1 cup)

Afternoon Snack
TBD

Dinner
Costco Salmon - Salmon, 7 oz, 7 oz.
Generic - Olive Oil, Extra Virgin , 1 teaspoons
Aunt Mid's - Baby Red Potatoes, 148 g (5 oz)
Generic - Baby Carrots - Steamed 100 g

Evening Snack
TBD

4star
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Yesterday was another good day and I had a whoosh this morning. :)

Coffee, omelet, toast- 385
4 oz pork loin and sauteed squash- 190
slice banana bread- 150
spaghetti- 550
sugar free vanilla latte- 120
slice banana bread-150
1.5 oz semi-sweet choc chips- 105

total-1650 :)

loose seal
01-14-2012, 12:16 PM
b: 1 cup kashi cereal, 1/2 cup 2%, coffee, 2 slices bacon - 400
l: dannon coffee yogurt, goldfishies! - 360
d: steak (our local Genuardi's is going bellyup so I grabbed the last of the Rancher's Reserve I'll ever buy :(), 1/2 baked spud w/1 tspn of butter and some lite sour cream, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms and garlic (I ate an entire 8 oz box! lol) and 4 pieces of candy (ewwww, one was an almond nougat . . I thought there was an almond in it but it was the kind that tastes like maraschino cherries. GROSSS!) - 800

Total: 1600

Queen Sarah
01-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Again I didn't update yesterday, but I ended up with 1587 calories in, 1671 calories burned, only 84 calorie deficit. Six-day calorie deficit:1722. Not gonna come close to last week's (3381), especially since I'm eating out today.

But my trend weight is still a smidge lower than it was six days ago, even though today's weight is slightly higher. So, going the right direction, just not very fast.

Today, Sunday:
6:15 breakfast: Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 18 g Polaner All-Fruit, 1 hard boiled egg: 230 cal

Total so far: 230

Sum38
01-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Perfect OP day yesterday and scale rewarded me with 0.5 loss.

Plan for today:

Walk 5.2 miles

Bfast ~Plain yogurt w/, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries

Lunch ~Lettuce with assorted veggies, feta cheese and 4 oz salmon.
Salad dressing

Dinner ~
Chicken baked in canned pineapple (NOT IN SYRUP!), Brown rice, Veggie

Total 1115 + snacks

4star
01-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I forgot to write down what each item was and managed to rack up a few of them but I ended yesterday at 1770.

I has a whoosh yesterday taking me down to 205 and woke up to another whoosh this morning taking me down to 203! :carrot:

doopdoop
01-15-2012, 10:42 AM
The plan for today:

B: Veg patty, egg beater, cheese, coffee: 300

L: low cal tortilla, moz, sauce, cheese: 240

S: Free samples at farmers market: ~150

D: yogurt, berries: 300

S: veggies w/cheese: 70

Total: 1150

60 mins of spin today

Queen Sarah
01-15-2012, 03:21 PM
(Bringing my post over from p. 4, because I felt lonely over there by myself!) :o

Again I didn't update yesterday, but I ended up with 1587 calories in, 1671 calories burned, only 84 calorie deficit. Six-day calorie deficit:1722. Not gonna come close to last week's (3381), especially since I'm eating out today.

But my trend weight is still a smidge lower than it was six days ago, even though today's weight is slightly higher. So, going the right direction, just not very fast.

Today, Sunday:
6:15 breakfast: Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 18 g Polaner All-Fruit, 1 hard boiled egg: 230 cal
1:00 lunch at Seasons 52: Tiger Shrimp Penne Pasta, 470
2:20 snack: Mini Luna, 80
6:00 dinner: NS thick crust pizza, large salad with spinach, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds, Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch, red peppers, green onions, NS dessert bar: 566
11:25 late night snack: Kashi GoLean Roll, 190

Total: 1536

Looks like everyone is doing great! Congratulations on the losses!

PhantomPanda
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Trying to get into counting calories again. I had 1,365.

Queen Sarah
01-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome, Phantom Panda!

I ended up yesterday with a 132 calorie deficit; 1,856 for the week. I'll take it. My trend weight last Monday was 134.9, and today it's 134.6. That's the right direction.

Today, Monday:
6:30, 1st breakfast: NS cereal & skim milk, 152 cal
10:30, 2nd breakfast: orange, egg: 172 cal
11:30, lunch: Pradaboy quiche, 9 almonds, 4 oz carrots: 335 cal
4:32, dinner: NS spaghetti, asparagus, pear, chocolate PB2: 457 cal
evening snacks: popcorn, Arctic Zero, 388 cal

Total: 1504

loose seal
01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Got too busy to post yesterday, came in around 1600 again. Which is what I was aiming for. Wanted to nudge it up a bit over the weekend then to drop it back down today seeing if that'll bump the scale a bit more by the end of the week. I made homemade baked ziti last night . . omg was it ever tasty!

Haven't eaten anything yet today, almost everyone is off for MLK day, slept in later than usual. Oy, didn't they just have off? lol

4star
01-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Ended up at 1855 yesterday. Had a few :cookie: yesterday while baking so I went a little over on my cals although I estimated high for their cal content. That gives me a 1699 avg for last week. Right back to plan today.

Over the weekend, I woke up to a whoosh 2 days in a row :goodscale:goodscale: so I am very happy about that!

ma26
01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
:carrot:I think I may make this into a through the month editable post. Then have a side by side comparison to calories and weight. I'm curious to see the correlation develop.
-------Weight Calories
1/12: 178.4____1798+98 much better
1/13: 177.8____1685-15 Doing the 5pm as start of the new day was much easier! I am liking the tracking days dinner through lunch so far. It's easier to plan and properly excecute calories at breakfast and lunch for me.
1/14: 178.8___1905
1/15: 178.4___1917
1/16: 177.8___1890
1/17: forgot to weigh!__1595
1/18: 175.0___1621 :carrot:
1/19: 176.0___
1/20:
1/21:
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:
1/28:
1/29:
1/30:
1/31:

ma26
01-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Back from a weekend not checking in. Having husband home from work in the day and me working weekend nights I find it hard to get on here! Updated my weigh-ins and calorie info.

I was definitely higher than I'd planned this weekend and some really high sodium meals seemned to effect the scale on friday! I have been counting everything I eat for almost a week now! That feels like a little victory! I'm thinking I may follow suit and start admitting my foods on here like you ladies do. While I'm counting, I'm still not always eating good foods (hence my higher calorie days) having to write everything I eat is a good way to be accountable. And maybe it would discourage me from eating less than healthy fare. ;)

ma26
01-16-2012, 11:56 AM
You all are such an inspiration! You were on on plan and looked like you did very well over the weekend!

loose seal
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
b: kashi go-lean crunch (and boy is that cereal crunchy), 2% milk, coffee, water, 6 combos (I wanted something salty) - 400
l: banana ( well, half a banana cause as was taking the peel off my naked banana fell into the trash can right on top of the lint ball from the dryer I had just tossed in. :mad:), p. butter, serving of goldfish: 300
d: chicken and roasted spuds/carrots planned - 400
s: one extremely small piece - more of a sliver - of homemade applesauce cake and some of the homemade chocolate icing - 300? <-- I never know how to count these things so try really hard to over-estimate.

doopdoop
01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Breakfast: 225
Veg patty, egg beater, slice of cheese

Lunch: 200
Tortilla, sauce, cheese

S: 300
Diet cocoa
crackers w/pb

dinner: 300
veggie
salmon

total: 1025

Sum38
01-16-2012, 04:11 PM
My day is going pretty well;

Walk 6.7 miles at 4.2 miles per hour. This is outdoors with long climbs and SNOW!

Bfast
Gluten free energy bar
1/2 and 1/2

Lunch
Homemade split pea soup with veggies, ham and bacon

Dinner
Gluten free pasta
Pasta sauce
Homemade Swedish Meatballs
Salad with assorted toppings w/italian dressing

Snacks
OJ
Cheese
Apple

Total around 1250 calories

K9Owner
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Kristiina: You are blowing me out of the water with all of those snowy walks!! GREEN with envy!!!

MA: I say if you ate it (whatever it is), YOU DID! Good, Bad, and Ugly. I report all of it, but I will use the :censored: sticker if I feel it will lead others off the right track. You will not be judged for eating :cookie: :jeno: or having a glass of wine (or in my case, an entire bottle) :lol:

Saturday's Menu
Raspberry Greek Yogurt w/Hazelnuts: 159
Banana Oatmeal NOW Shake, Whole Natural Almonds: 550
Sunkist - Naval Orange, FF Cheese Omelet: 207
Turkey Waldorf Salad, FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg, Strawberry Cottage Cheese: 505
Total: 1421

Water: 64 oz
Exercise: 299 (walking @ work)

Sunday's Menu (Spike Day)
Hissho Crunchy Roll, Raspberry Greek Yogurt w/Hazelnuts, Health Smart Ice Cream: 809
Double Dense NOW Shake: 523
Double Dense NOW Shake, 1/2 Multi grain round, 3 Ritz Crackers, 1 tsp RF PB: 670
Sante Fe Chicken Wrap, Strawberry Cottage Cheese: Grapes: 819
Total: 2821

Exercise: 497 (Walking @ work)

Monday's Menu
Grapes, S'bux Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte: 131
1/2 Multi grain round, tsp RF PB: 75
Zuzana's Banana Berry Pancakes: 520
Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles: 497
Total: 1223

Exercise: 222 (walking)

My weekend couldn't have been better eating-wise, especially at work!
I'm exhausted!! I'm celebrating this as a TRUE victory! Do you all know how many weekends I lived in defeat at work?? Try about 4 years worth!!!
Words on a pc only make it look easy! It's a constant struggle!!

doopdoop
01-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Breakfast: 400
Baked salmon
yogurt

Lunch: 400
Baked salmon
sprouts
half a pepper w/hummus

Snack: 200
yogurt
cheese stick
hummus

Dinner: 200
veg patty
mushrooms
onions
bbq sauce

total: 1200

gym time!

Sum38
01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Walk 5.2 miles, outdoors (Snow melted, Krystal :()

Bfast
Gluten free energy bar
1/2 and 1/2 and coffee

Lunch
Homemade split pea soup with veggies, ham and bacon

Dinner
Tilapia with butter and garlic
Brown rice
Brocoli
Salad with assorted toppings w/dressing and feta cheese

Snacks
TBD

Total around 1185 + snacks

LAgreeneyes
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Breakfast - 1 med Banana ~ 120 calories
Snack - 1 Minneola Tangerine ~ 70 calories, 1 String Cheese ~ 60 calories
Lunch - 1 med Banana ~ 120 calories, 1 Back To Nature Cookie ~ 130 calories
Dinner - (Gumbo - portions below)
1 cup of long grain rice ~ 170 calories
4 oz of chicken breast ~ 120 calories
1/3 juice ~ 59 calories

Total ~ 849 calories. I missed my mark for 1500 calories. I have to get all of my calories in.

Exercise - Elliptical 30 minutes - Burned 288 calories.

Queen Sarah
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
LAgreeneyes, seriously! You do need to eat more!

Well, I must have set a record for inactivity yesterday. I did a lot of brain work, and didn't even go down to check the mail! :( (Oh wait. There wasn't any mail. It was a holiday). Today, I will get more steps in. My calorie deficit was only 29 yesterday! I won't lose very fast at that rate. But at least I'm maintaining.:cool:

Today, Tuesday:
8:30 breakfast: Pradaboy Quiche, 130 gram orange: 302 cal
11:45 lunch: NS chocolate caramel bar, 8 almonds, Big spinach salad with artichoke hearts, tomato, onion, pumpkin seeds, Walden Farms dressing, red pepper: 404
3:30 snack: sliced pear, 6T pb2 chocolate, 256
7:00 dinner: Pizza Fit n Free, broccoli, carrots, fat-free coleslaw, 318
snack: dried fruit, 145
NS dessert bar, 160

Total so far: 1585 calories

loose seal
01-17-2012, 12:05 PM
b: omelet and leftover roasted veggies, coffee, 16oz water - 400
l: 1 cup lf cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, popcorn, water - 380

Forgot to come here to total up. Ate approx. 1400-1450 cals yesterday. Not a good day (not food-wise, just life-wise).

Jbailey7780
01-17-2012, 01:34 PM
:smug:Queen Sarah - How does the fitbit work? Is it like a pedometer? I apologize if you've already given this info:smug:

ma26
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
OK so the weekend is behind me and I'm back to being better about the choices in foods I am making. Got a good run in, inspite of freezing wind. And am eating healthy on schedule foods.
7:45 am Protien and fruit smootie- 230 cals
international delights creamer and coffee- 50 cals
11:30am Mediterranean lentil stew 1.5 cups-300 cals
3:00pm- 3 c.mixed greens with 1/2c. cherry tomato,1/4 c. cucumber, 1/2 oz feta, 1 oz sun dried tomato in oil, 1 tbsp tuscan dressing-225 cals
5:15pm-1 oz veggie straws 1/4 cup vegtarian refried beans-190 cals
8:00pm-Veggie sausage tomato sauce and pasta-350 cals

And later last night 2 glasses vino- 250cals
Total for day: 1595

Since I have had issues with reigning in my eating this last weekend I am trying a new approach. I want to try to eat 5 light meals every 3 hours about. Hopeing this will help keep the late night munchies at bay. Also I have heard that this method helps keep the metabolism boosted. So here goes trying it out!

ma26
01-17-2012, 02:05 PM
K9Owner- Ha ha I do like the wine myself. And when I am not actively working on the weightloss it does tend to be more 2-4 glasses than the 1-2 recomended. I at first was abstaining from any delicious fermented grapes or barley at first. But I think instead of no alcohol I have decided to limit the numer of glasses in a week. And no beer (I love the hoppy stuff and its high calorie).

Who here does calorie cycling? I have recently read a bit about it and how supposedly it helps keep your body tricked into full metabolism mode. I dont want to jump ship on my stead stay under 1700 calories goal (which I am yet to achieve). I want to do that method for at least two weeks before I make changes. I just want to not be jumping around all over the place. Thats what I usually do and I need to work on consistency.

i am curious if calorie cycling has been a useful tool for others. :)

Queen Sarah
01-17-2012, 02:40 PM
:smug:Queen Sarah - How does the fitbit work? Is it like a pedometer? I apologize if you've already given this info:smug:

The Fitbit is awesome. It's kind of like a pedometer on steroids. You wear it on your bra, so it doesn't show. (Guys wear it on their pants pockets). It measures steps, but also figures in some intensity, so a fast walk or a run would burn more calories than a slow walk.

It syncs with your computer, and the website shows you how many calories you've burned, along with some other helpful information (like how many calories you can eat the rest of the day if you want to meet your goal). There is a social networking aspect to it, and the newer Fitbits also count flights of stairs. (I don't have that one). You enter your calories on their website (although you don't have to -- you can use whatever features you want.)

It is similar to the Body Bugg, but much less expensive, no monthly fee, and not awkward to wear -- it doesn't give you some of the data that Body Bugg gives you, but it tells me the stuff I'm interested in. My big frustration with counting calories was that I had no measure of how many calories I burned just with incidental daily activity (not specifically "exercise") -- now I have a way to measure that! And I find that it's accurate enough. The calorie deficit I'm showing is right on track with the weight loss I'm experiencing.

So looking at the numbers really motivates me to move more (and eat less, sometimes).

K9Owner
01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Today could not have been any more OFF PLAN! :stress:
It is what it is…

1 whole grapefruit: 51
Raspberry Greek Yogurt w/Hazelnuts, Ezekiel Raisin Bread & 1 tsp Sunbutter: 264
1 Panko Encrusted Chicken Tender: 58
:censored: dessert, picked 3 bites of chicken off a :jeno: : Approx 468
Total: 841 :yikes:

Water: 48 oz!!!! :nono:
Exercise: NOTHING!!!! :tantrum:

This is a: "Dear Santa, I can explain" day!

I got up at 11am, tired…very tired..unusually tired.
I ate my pre-run food. My back ached. I returned to bed.
I felt worse.
I talked to my sister, who told me my mom was going to see Brandon--our chiropractor.
GREAT IDEA!!
I dressed, got myself together and went to see him!
I haven't been in about 2 months!!
I adjusted sooooo well!! But, he took my breath away.
I can't exercise afterwards.
I made dinner, but didn't want it.
I had a similar treat posted on my blog (1/2 of it actually) for dinner.
I feel weak and drained.
I'm returning to bed.
I'm not hungry, not even for dessert. ((STRANGE))

K9Owner
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Who here does calorie cycling? I have recently read a bit about it and how supposedly it helps keep your body tricked into full metabolism mode. I dont want to jump ship on my stead stay under 1700 calories goal (which I am yet to achieve). I want to do that method for at least two weeks before I make changes. I just want to not be jumping around all over the place. Thats what I usually do and I need to work on consistency.

i am curious if calorie cycling has been a useful tool for others. :)

Read over this post. Esp on page 2. Lots of good info here!
Refeed Day (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/249723-help-refeed-cheat-day-good-idea-low-cal-diet-ive-plateaud.html)

ma26
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
K9Owner- Thanks that was supremely helpful. I do want to try this. Maybe I'll try this even though I want to avoid my usual habit of skipping around with weightloss plans. But...I'm still calorie counting so maybe this isnt so much a crazy skip around? Not sure how to approach yet, so for now I'll do the 1700 goal, and once I see how wieght is actually coming off when I am sticking to those goals, then I'll figure my cycling plan :)

Queen Sarah
01-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Yesterday's calories in: 1,585. Calories burned: 1,705. Only a 120 calorie deficit, but that's ok. At least I'm maintaining. When I'm able to get out more and be more active, I'll be on the losing track.

Regarding calorie cycling, I do it, but by accident. I'm really good at micromanaging my calorie intake, until a social (or sometimes emotional) situation comes up -- not very often -- and I eat in the two-thousandsies. Then I will eat low calorie for a few days to compensate. I always get a bit of a weight drop after these incidents. (In fact, I'm thinking maybe I need to manufacture one pretty soon, because my weight is flatlining lately, when I'd prefer a slow downward slope).

I guess if I never had these "accidental" situations, I'd have to do it on purpose, and plan a higher-calorie day, but I like the accidental way better. It gives me somewhat of a relief and a sense of temporary freedom from my own micromanagement.

OK, Today, Wednesday:
6:30 breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152 cal
9:30 2nd breakfast: egg, orange: 149 cal
12:00 lunch: fat-free coleslaw, 1 tomato, NS Fudge Graham bar: 255 cal

Total so far: 556 calories

ma26
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Saw a crazy whoosh on the scale this morning. I know that with a light dinner and 2 glasses of wine I realize it may be a bit of dehydration, so I wont be surprised if it inches up a bit. But hopefully by the end of the week it'll be back and staying around. That would mean I lost 1/2 of the holiday weight gain!
Today so far:
7:40am- Protien shake- 140cals
12:15pm-Salad w/ mixed greens, tomato, red onion, feta, sundried toms, kidney beans, and 2 tbsp tuscan dressing- 384cals
1:45pm- 2 homemade light crab cakes 140cals
-----Still felt so hungry so 2:00pm- 3 tbsp adams natural peanut butter-300cals
coffee with international delights-35cals
5:00pm- Veggie Straws ranch flavored 1 apple 1 bartlett pear-282cals
7:30pm- 1 slice papa john veggie pizza (yes I only ate 1 slice!!! woo hoo!!!)-280cals
8:00pm- 1 packet swiss miss no added sugar hot cocoa-60cals

Total so far today:

swtnsassync02
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Hope its okay that I join in. My daily calorie limit for now is 1500.

Breakfast
1 1/2 C Multigrain Cheerios
1C 1% milk
1/2 C fresh strawberries
8oz unsweet mandarin orange green tea (total yumminess)
CALORIE TOTAL: 302

SNACK #1
Light Cheese Stick
101g Clementine
CALORIE TOTAL: 107

LUNCH
Spicy Black Bean patty
Two slices light white
slice of cheese
1/2 tbs olive oil mayo
spinach
28g of Doritos
CALORIE TOTAL: 443

4star
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=Queen Sarah;4177447]

Regarding calorie cycling, I do it, but by accident. I'm really good at micromanaging my calorie intake, until a social (or sometimes emotional) situation comes up -- not very often -- and I eat in the two-thousandsies. Then I will eat low calorie for a few days to compensate. I always get a bit of a weight drop after these incidents. (In fact, I'm thinking maybe I need to manufacture one pretty soon, because my weight is flatlining lately, when I'd prefer a slow downward slope).

[QUOTE]

I do it by accident too. It's a great tool. It can help you prevent the demotivation of an off plan day b/c it helps keep your focus on your weekly average. I do benefit from it, especially when I am working out a lot or just have one of those hungry days.

I was also surprised by even more loss when I had a higher calorie day here and there in my diet. I like to think of it as revving up your engine.

loose seal
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Today was better than yesterday, life-wise . . well, this morning wasn't but this afternoon was. A bit. My head hurts though. Ever just wanna scream at the world 'shut up, go away, leave me alone!!'? Oy.

b: kashi cereal (oo, the cinnamon crisp is really good), 2% milk, coffee - 400
l: l. cuisine rice/beans - 300
s: handful of crushed doritos (the crushed part was part of the 'life-wise sucky' yesterday . . don't ask) - no clue - 50
d: making chicken parm, pasta, leftover steamed broccoli - don't no, guessing 500

The scale is the same this morning as it was on Sat, no loss, might be getting TOM, not pleased, relatively annoyed at everything right now, have NOT been OP with my water intake AT ALL . . . oh, and I'm hungry.

BLARG.

ma26
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
:nono:Over the last two or three hours I am fighting with all I got to not just eat and eat and eat! I thought a tablespoon of peanut butter may help. Some natural fats to satify. And it was SOOOO good, so I had two more:nono: Somestimes :coffee:helps to blunt the appetite. So if it doesn't I am drinking water water water. I am at enough calories for the day so far. And in 3 hrs I can eat again. BUT NOT BEFORE!!! I feel great finally being in my planned calories yesterday, and even with a little guilty calories (the vino). And I woke up feeling great today. Bought tons of healthy whole foods groceries.

I will finish this coffee and then get off my arse and find something productive to do until its time to head to the gym! (Gym is right by my stepdaughters bus stop, so I want to time it so I can pick her up right after my workout)

Anyways, thanks to everyone just for existing out there and being a place in which I am determined to stay accountable. I feel like something is different this time. Even though I am so early in my calorie counting adventure it already is different than weightloss attempts of the past. I see this working, as long as I keep working it!!!!

LAgreeneyes
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
1500 Calories Per Day
Breakfast - 1 cup of Yogurt - 140 calories
3/4 cup of Granola - 260 calories

Snack - 2 Kashi Cookies - 260 calories
1 Banana - 120 calories

Lunch - 1 cup of homemade vegetable soup -150 calories
15 Multi Seed Rice Thin Crackers - 130 calories

Snack - 1 Minneola Tangerine - 70 calories

Dinner - 1 cup of Long Grain Rice - 170 calories
1 cup of homemade vegetable Soup - 150 calories
__________________________________________________ __________
TOTAL= 1450 calories

ma26
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I may make this into a through the month editable post. Then have a side by side comparison to calories and weight. I'm curious to see the correlation develop.
-------Weight Calories
1/12: 178.4____1798+98 much better
1/14: 178.8___1905
1/15: 178.4___1917
1/16: 177.8___1890
1/17: forgot to weigh!__1595
1/18: 175.0___1621 :carrot: two days under 1700 in a row!!!
1/19: 176.0___1801
1/20: 174.8___
1/21:
1/22:
1/23:
1/24:
1/25:
1/26:
1/27:
1/28:
1/29:
1/30:
1/31:

ma26
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I saw a pound creep back up. Not surprised at all since I wondered about dehydration yesterday. Did great tracking and staying in my calorie limit yesterday! I was still excited to see the 176. Thats still like 3lbs down so far. Woo Hoo!!! Calorie counting works!!

8:00- 1/2 c. NF greek yogurt 1/2 cup frozen blueberries- 105 cals
9:00- Orange and Coffee with creamer-104 cals
12:00-Salad same as yesterday except on 1 tbsp dressing(not2) -204 cals
-------1 c. spaghetti squash & 1/2 c. homemade tomato sauce with TVP & nutritional yeast-148 cals
3:00- Veggie italian sausage and ketchup-140 cals
8:00- Homemade butternut squash risotto and wine (weekly dinner with friends)-1100 cals
Total:
1801 cals

ma26
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
How has everyone's weeks gone? We are getting near the weekend. I didn't do too hot sticking with it on the weekend. Determined that this one will be better.

Welcome to all recent joiners :)!

Queen Sarah
01-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Alright, so yesterday was one of the "accidental" high calorie days I was talkin' about. :o But at least I got out and walked 4 1/2 miles. So maybe the high calories and the activity will boost my metabolism. I'm going to call it a 2500 calorie day, although I didn't really keep track. It included some of the popcorn made in the microwave with a paper bag -- thanks for telling me about this, loose seal! You were so right -- it worked like a charm, and much healthier and cheaper than microwave popcorn, and much better than air-popped. I will donate my air-popper to Goodwill.

Today, Thursday, is a new start, but I already got off on the wrong foot. I've eaten 635 calories, and it's only 10am!

Breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, dried blueberries
2nd breakfast: Pradaboy Quiche, soy nuts
Pre-lunch: fat-free coleslaw, low-sodium V8: 70
Lunch: NS Black Beans & Rice, 1 egg: 290
Afternoon snack: Kashi GoLean Roll, 190
Dinner: Yellow squash, mushrooms, NS Fettuccini Alfredo, Babybel light: 293
Dessert: NS dessert bar, 160

Total: 1638 calories

4star
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Ma, weekends are hard. Numbers are hard to focus on outside of the weekly routine.

My week has seem some higher range numbers. I've had 3 out of the last 4 end up at 1800. One day I didn't count b/c we were sightseeing nearby, had lunch at a restaurant(small bowl chili and diet soda) and had about 2 oz of chocolate from a chocolatier shop. I think I did reasonably well, especially considering the walking we did but I don't know for sure and that bugs me. Totally messes up the math for my weekly stats too.

I do think I will see a loss this week, even if it's just a pound. I've gotten some exercise and my average for the week should fall in the fat loss range. We'll see on Saturday...:goodscale:

I am shooting for a leaner day today, 1650ish.

4star
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
posted twice...

philana
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Are there people here using Myfitnesspal? Would love to add some to my friends-list there and just see what people are eating and feeling a bit accountable because people can see what I eat!

Im philana85 on there.

ma26
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
philana- Yes! Thats the program I use. Whats your username? Pm me it is you want to keep it private.

Ha! Sorry you already have it written on there :).

K9Owner
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
The day/week is going really well, despite TOM. That'll be gone tonight :crossed:

Pre-work out Fuel:
Ezekiel Raisin Bread w/1 tsp Sunbutter & 1/2 banana: 164
Cottage Cheese w/pineapple: 116
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Raspberry Greek Yogurt: 446
Coffee: 64
Dinner: TBA Roughly 400 cals
Total before Dinner: 790

Exercise: BodyRock + Plateau Challenge +K9 Walk: 305

I had a deep tissue massage earlier today & I did my workout at 2am instead of not doing one. I'm so glad I did! My massage therapist asked me:

"Do you have a trainer that's helping you with your running?"
Me: "No. I just use Hal Higdon's Novice running schedule and do BodyRock.tv for core."
Her: "OMG, how do you stay motivated for that?"
Me: :lol: {{laughing for real}} "Are you kidding me? I am the least motivated person you wanna meet. I'm just dedicated to doing it. If I depended on motivation, I'd still weigh 20 lbs more right now!"

I am amazed by my way of thinking from 9 months ago. I like who this process has forced me to become & although I am a bit compulsive, I like it way better than when I had no structure.

Friday & the weekend starting tomorrow.
How will you plan it to be a continuation of your goals? or Will you once again be defeated by poor choices, lack of planning, and cravings?

I desire to continue my healthy lifestyle beyond the hours of Mon-Fri.
I desire to continue my plan when I have zero motivation.
If I continue to practice my plan or develop a new one when this one ceases to work, I will continue to press forward instead of constantly taking 2 steps backward!

KatTheAmazon
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
I haven't posted in this thread in a while and i need to start again!
Yesterday-
B- Raisin and date oatmeal with a drop of blueberry honey (229)
S- Greek Yogurt (130)
L-Chicken, mushroom, and potato casserole with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 package of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. (412)
S-York Peppermint Patty and Diet Coke (i hardly ever drink soda any more, but i really needed the caffeine and the sugar from the candy!) (140)
S- Cheese stick (60)
S- Raw broccoli and carrots (58)
D -1.5 servings black bean soup with 1 serving of 2% shredded cheese (354)
Total: 1383

Today -
B- Raisin and date oatmeal with a drop of blueberry honey (229)
S- Greek Yogurt (130)
L-Chicken, mushroom, and potato casserole with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 package of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. (412)
S - 28 grams of nuts (170)
S - raw broccoli and carrots (60)
D - 2 eggs, hashbrowns, english muffin, 1 tablespoon whipped butter (360)
Total: 1371

Tomorrow should just like the couple days!

4star
01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
195 coffee
200 egg white omelet with sprinkle bacon pieces and cheddar cheese
one piece 40 cal toast with smudge of butter
425 Chef salad
70 1 oz chocolate
425 4 oz pork loin, 1/2 portion mac n' cheese, serving veggies
40 2 pcs salt water taffy

~1305

A little low for the day but I am not feeling so great. I think I am coming down with a cold.

loose seal
01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I forgot to post yesterday. Boy, wasn't I a grouchy grouch the other day? :dizzy: I think TOM is over-rated and just super annoying. . . and it showed! lol

Yesterday I came in around 1400 cals. Didn't eat a whole lot of dinner and was sitting at 1200 cals after that so I thought I'd have a little ice cream. Took a small bowl and only ate half of that . . . it just didn't taste nearly as good as I thought it would or as it usually does. Uh oh, am I losing my sweet tooth? That might not be a bad thing at all. I literally went up to bed at 8:30 last night, watched Grey's (well, snoozed through a bit of it :rolleyes:) and zonked by 10:15.

I'll be back to post later on . . . .

LAgreeneyes
01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
1500 Calorie Plan

Breakfast - 2 boiled turkey eggs = 270 calories
Snack-17 Sweet Potato Chips = 160 calories
Lunch-1 cup Long Grain Rice = 170 calories
1 cup Vegetable Soup = 150 calories
Snack - 10 Back To Nature Ginger cookies = 280 calories
1 tblsp of raw honey= 44 calories
Dinner - Amy's Light & Lean Spaghetti = 240 calories
2 tbsp parmesean cheese = 20 calories

TOTAL: 1334

I miscalculated BIG TIME. I thought I was at 1534 last night but I was so wrong. I still had 166 more calories that I could have used. I don't know how I messed up. Not good. :?:

philana
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
After struggling for 2 weeks to stick to my plan I am finally in 'the zone'. For 3 days now I've stayed at or slightly under my calorie goal of 1300 a day. I don't crave all the candy that's in the cupboard just 10feet away from where I am sitting. I do have to spent quite a lot of time/mental energy on exciting myself with self-prepared nice foods that are healthy. Otherwise I get bored with what I eat and want to grab something unhealthy-satisfying again.

It's just so super easy all at once. Should I be worried? Haha. I remember this though, this is how I felt during the summer when I lost the first 9lbs in just 6 weeks before my 6month maintaining/break.

4star
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
After struggling for 2 weeks to stick to my plan I am finally in 'the zone'. For 3 days now I've stayed at or slightly under my calorie goal of 1300 a day. I don't crave all the candy that's in the cupboard just 10feet away from where I am sitting. I do have to spent quite a lot of time/mental energy on exciting myself with self-prepared nice foods that are healthy. Otherwise I get bored with what I eat and want to grab something unhealthy-satisfying again.

It's just so super easy all at once. Should I be worried? Haha. I remember this though, this is how I felt during the summer when I lost the first 9lbs in just 6 weeks before my 6month maintaining/break.

Don't be worried but don't let yourself get complacent either. But yay for you!:carrot:

ma26
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
I think I should drink wine every night, it's like it's a magic whoosh serum or something:goodscale (not actually planning to do this ;))But it's probably that alcohols a diaretic and I am dehydrated these post some imbibing on vino days. I have already had 32 ounces of water this morning after weighing. So I'm drinking any damage back ;).

Late start this morning. Woke up just not hungry so I had to force myself to get the breakfast going. In the old days I would skip breakfast when I woke up without an appetite. No more!

9:00am-oatmeal with brown rice protien powder, flax seeds, bee pollen, and 1/2 cup blueberries-322 cals
12:00pm- Apple, banana, butternut squash risotto-520 cals
1:00pm- Veggie straws package and 3 cheese sticks-370 cals Total snack attack! Felt like I could have just kept eating. Now I only have 388 cals left for dinner :-(.
9:00pm-Grilled salmon(6 oz) Mango BBQ dipping sauce, mixed greens with peppers and tomato and 1000 island dressing-527 cals

Total:
1909 cals

Queen Sarah
01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Yesterday's calorie deficit was 293 (1638 calories in; 1931 burned), which undid the damage from the day before, leaving me at exactly zero calorie deficit for the week. My weight is also exactly the same. Yay for maintaining.

I finalized my teaching schedule for the semester, and I actually blocked off time for eating meals and snacks throughout the day. One of my problems has been not leaving time to eat (or not thinking I will have time to eat) and then panicking when I do get a chance to eat, and eating way too much. Now I can spend my panicking on something much more worthwhile. :)

Today, Friday:
8:30 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
10:15 2nd breakfast: orange, egg: 160
12:30 lunch: Big spinach salad with tomato, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds, Fat Free Ranch. NS Fudge Graham Lunch Bar: 382
3:00 snack: Frozen cherries & Greek yogurt: 208

Total so far: 902

loose seal
01-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Sounds like everyone is hitting their stride . . . how great is that? :carrot:

So ever since the other week when I sauteed peppers/zucchini/garlic/mushrooms for spaghetti I've been meaning to do another big batch so I would have everything ready to go to add to omelets and wraps and such. Spent some time this morning doing just that and added red onions into the mix. Should be good with this through early next week.

b: omelet w/cheese and tons of the above mixed veggies, 1 red grapefruit, coffee and water - 350
l/d: the rest of the baked ziti I had made (not very much was left), broccoli, some kashi cereal out of the box - not really sure on the ziti but I'm guestimating total cals for all of this is 800 - 900

Total: 1250 give or take

s: 1 banana w/smear of p. butter - 150-200

Total: 1450 or there abouts

Weird eating day . . . my b-fast stuck w/me until about 3 pm but I was out when I started getting hungry so when I got home I figured 'too late for lunch, kinda early for dinner' so I just combined them. lol

LAgreeneyes
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Sounds like everyone is hitting their stride . . . how great is that? :carrot:

So ever since the other week when I sauteed peppers/zucchini/garlic/mushrooms for spaghetti I've been meaning to do another big batch so I would have everything ready to go to add to omelets and wraps and such. Spent some time this morning doing just that and added red onions into the mix. Should be good with this through early next week.

b: omelet w/cheese and tons of the above mixed veggies, 1 red grapefruit, coffee and water - 350

Do you calculate calories for peppers, onions, garlic, etc? I love all of these and can use up to 2 cups were veggie.

Ruslana
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Just found this thread! What a great idea! I have my own but this one looks more fun Just getting over the flu so even though I lost you have to figure part of that was because of that..anyway lost 4lbs

Hi Everyone, I have chronic night binges and gained quite a bit of weight snacking my way thru the evening. I'm trying to fix that and lose a significant amount of weight. I know its worth it, but my body sometimes tells me it has other plans :(

My Calorie Limit is 1550, but I try to stay under by at least 100 calories. At first that was very hard to do, but it's become easier, maybe I've finally reached the "zone". That would be nice (for a change)

I'll check in later with my stats for the day hoping today goes well for everyone in here!

LAgreeneyes
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I have found that planning my meals and snacks and preparing the night before as far as what I will eat allows me to follow the foods that I have already written down including the calories, so this helps me stay on track.

ma26
01-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I need to update my calories for the day. But I am feeling too lazy too at the moment.....
I had a thought though. I am wondering if I should raise my daily allotment? I have been running a pretty decent amount lately. (12 miles so far this week I think) And I have been lifting hard and heavy. I am wondering if perhaps I should raise my allotment to 1800 or 1900 calories? Not that I am not loving the fairly fast weightloss going on here, but I dont want a crash diet (those usually turn into crash and burn diets!) I haven't successfully counted calories like this before. And seeing what some of the foods I used to eat fairly frequently contained it seems I may have been eating like 2500 everyday. Maybe more somedays. I want to be sure I am losing at a healthy rate that I can continue on. I feel good now. Only had one especially hungry day that was a big struggle.

Also I have landed over my calories more than under.

Ugh. I feel like I am getting all concerned over something I shouldn't perhaps worry about? I am ready for this time to be THE time and I want to be sure I'm doing it right. I really believe that steady and slower weightloss is more maintainable. Quick losses have never stuck in the past. Why would they start now? But when I did lose weight slowly I didn't go back above the new set point for a long time. And it took really terrible eating to gain. Not just the "quit paying attention" kinda eating.

Geez sorry for the long ramble. I'm just like two weeks into doing this. I probably shouldn't be considering a change, right? Ugh! I dont know!!!

K9Owner
01-20-2012, 04:40 PM
MA: how much exactly are you losing/week??

ma26
01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
From the 15th to today I am down almost 4 lbs. I was down and then back up last week but on my daily weigh in I weighed 178.4 on sunday and then this morning 174.8. Not that I am at all complaining. Just like I said I want to be sure I'm doing this the right way.....

ma26
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I only started counting on the 11th. Yeah so only 10 days. But I am down 5 lbs. Maybe its that intial weightloss craziness. So probably I am letting myself get concerned over nothing? Before the 11th I consistently weighed between 179.8 and 181.4 since the day after new years. (I was weighing daily a while before I started making dietary changes, but I started running again the week before christmas). I wanted a real legitamate starting weight, so I wanted to see what I consistently weighed weighing for awhile. But after seeing it hover around 180 for more than 10 days I figured I had legitimately gained that much weight over the holidays. Maybe the fact it was a recent gain (on november 1st I weighed 172, middle of october I weighed 170). is why its coming off more quickly?

loose seal
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you calculate calories for peppers, onions, garlic, etc? I love all of these and can use up to 2 cups were veggie.

Yup. I use one egg and two whites for the omelet (100 cals), at most 1/4 cup shredded cheese (100 cals), coffee was about 25, veggies (about 1 cup) I put in at 50, grapefruit 75. Although sometimes I don't even bother adding the cals for the veggies . . cause their veggies. lol But since I cooked all of these in some evoo I counted them.

K9Owner
01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I only started counting on the 11th. Yeah so only 10 days. But I am down 5 lbs. Maybe its that initial weight loss craziness. So probably I am letting myself get concerned over nothing?

DAY*UM!
You Geaux Girl!!

If I were you, and this is JUST me.. I'd stick to that for another 2 weeks if you are satisfied with the food amount.

ma26
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
K9Owner- I am seriously being a head case. Just got back from the gym and while on the stepmill was thinking about my crazy worrying about losing too much weight?! Whats wrong with me! But yes I need to stick with the plan at least another two weeks before I re-evaluate. If I find that I am not having energy to work out then thats another story. THanks for the imput though.

K9Owner
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, I have NOTHING like ma26 to report, just another similar OP day in my world.

FF Turkey/Cheese Omelet, Fresh Pineapple: 217
Diet Coke, Coffee, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 230 (Strange Mix, I know)
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Tuna w/mayo on shredded lettuce, Grapes: 629
??Something else for roughly 125 cals. I'm not too hungry.
Total: ~1200
Exercise: NONE :tantrum: (last day of nada, :crossed: )
Water: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!! 48 oz

I'll drink at least 16 more oz before bed.
I'm going to do some "hot" yoga in my bathroom to try to loosen up the muscles so I can run tomorrow.
Then, tomorrow night is girls night out w/vino!! :yay:
I'm hoping my strategy of saving up my cals for 2 days will pay off for Saturday night's drink- fest!

Spike Day is Sunday. I'm preparing that already. One GREEN MONSTER coming right up!! :stir:

I hate not being able to workout, but over-training 2 yrs ago for a 1/2 mary is what led to the re-injury of my lower back. I wanna take precautions and be smart this time. So, this week has been chiro, massage, and rest. UGH!!!

Oh yeah, and :goodscale might be tomorrow, IF I sleep well tonight!! :crossed:

Queen Sarah
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
ma, if you feel depleted, then you need to eat more. Otherwise, just enjoy the weight loss!! :D Not every week will be like that, so enjoy it! If you start to run more, and it's hard to know how much to add, you might consider a Fitbit. I was fine until I started training for a half marathon last fall, and then I needed to add more food. But in the past, that was one of my downfalls -- I ran 26 marathons, and it was really tricky to eat enough but not too much. When I get back to marathons in a year or so, I don't think I'll have the same problem, because now I have the Fitbit, and I have a good idea of my calorie deficit, no matter how active (or inactive) I am.

Today, Friday:
8:30 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
10:15 2nd breakfast: orange, egg: 160
12:30 lunch: Big spinach salad with tomato, artichoke hearts, pumpkin seeds, Fat Free Ranch. NS Fudge Graham Lunch Bar: 382
3:00 snack: Frozen cherries & Greek yogurt: 208
6:00 dinner: NS lasagna, yellow squash, mushrooms: 294
7:30-10:30 snacks: popcorn, NS dessert bar, Planters Nuts (Heart Healthy Mix, 20 grams): 460

Total so far: 1656

ma26
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
K9Owner- You got this. The scale wont know whats coming ;). Good luck on your run tomorrow.

Queen Sarah- I really should look into the fit bit. Just spent money on my garmin running watch and dont feel like I can dole any out on more techno gadgets right now. That would be the solution to my crazy head games I'm playing with myself though.

Queen Sarah
01-20-2012, 11:45 PM
K9Owner- You got this. The scale wont know whats coming ;). Good luck on your run tomorrow.

Queen Sarah- I really should look into the fit bit. Just spent money on my garmin running watch and dont feel like I can dole any out on more techno gadgets right now. That would be the solution to my crazy head games I'm playing with myself though.

I love my Garmin running watch, too! I had that for years before I got the Fitbit, and won't run without it. In fact, last fall, it finally broke, and I was *happy* because it was an excuse to get the latest technology Garmin.

If you do find yourself with $100 to spend, and decide to get the Fitbit, you'll find that it is not accurate with regard to miles. (There's a way to get it to be more accurate, by adjusting your running stride length on the website, but I don't need to be that fussy, because I rely on the Garmin for mileage).

The Fitbit is great for those activities that aren't set apart as "exercise." Like today, I didn't leave the apartment building, but I did a lot of laundry and other walking around that burned calories.

Sigh. I think I am addicted to gadgetry. :o And data. It helps me stop with the head games! :dizzy::)

Ruslana
01-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Went 50 calories over my 1550 calorie limit :( I have make up for that tomorrow..i have to say no to breadsticks & cheese sauce :(

Queen Sarah
01-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Today, Saturday:

6:00 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
8:00 2nd breakfast: orange, egg: 147
11:30 lunch: NS Fettuccini Alfredo, tuna cup, asparagus, fat-free coleslaw: 322
12:30 and 3:30 snacks: pc dark chocolate; apple with PB2 chocolate: 222
6:00 dinner: NS pizza loaded with mushrooms & onions, 3 oz carrots: 285
8:00 snacks: popcorn and a NS dessert bar: 340

Total so far: 1468 cal

philana
01-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I am sticking to my plan 4 days now, and I am eating very healthy and clean. The weird thing is that I don't feel hungry so I have to make myself eat more. Maybe I need to add in more exercise. My plan is about 1250 Cal a day, it's more between 1100 - 1300 though.

ma26
01-21-2012, 12:09 PM
QueenSarah- I know! I have only had it a few weeks but it has been awesome! Until the snows of last week I have been running trails in the foothills. After having my garmin I have come to the realization that I was over estimating my milage when doing foothills runs. Not by a crazy large amount, like .25 miles. But this is very exciting for training. Plus I LOVE being able to know my elevation gain and average speed etc. Such a motivating tool. As far as head games a fitbit would be the solution for sure. I had my BMR measured a few years ago. I was really surprised at the time that it was measured at like 1920 calories or something. At that time I weighed 165 and had been consistently lifting weights for months. Plus I was 4 years younger. Now I feel I have no clue what my BMR is. Calculators are simply educated guesses, and a persons actual calorie burn could be greatly different than the guestimates. Maybe I'll start hinting to the husband how much I want one ;).

In the meantime I am done with the freaking out worrying about whether my calories are right. I will continue to shoot for 1700, and as long as I am still losing and still have energy for my workouts I wont worry too much about the usual few hundred I have been going over, and I wont worry about changing from the soft goal of 1700.

Thanks for the advice and support of all you ladies on this thread. You have been so great!!

Philana- Thats awesome! Good luck on your 4 days. You got this!

loose seal
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Down another 2lbs. this morning. It's working! :carrot:

Going to bump my cals up today and tomorrow, but stay under maintenance, then back to the 1300-1500 range Mon-Fri. That's what I did last weekend/week.

------------

b: cheese and veggie omelet, grapefruit, coffee - 400
l: 10 ritz w/p. butter - 360
d: 1 slice pizza hut pan pizza - 400
s: I made monkey bread :eek: - 500

Total: 1660

s: cheese puffs <-- wth? someone left them on the counter and they jumped into mah mouth! - 200

Total: 1860. Enough already!

LAgreeneyes
01-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, I'm confused and I hope that someone can help me. I steamed frozen spinach a few minutes ago and the nutrition label said 1 cup of spinach = 30 calories. I measured out 3 cups (frozen) = 90 calories. After the spinach was steamed and I was preparing my food, I measured the spinach again. The final measure after the spinach was steamed measured only 1 cup. So now I am very confused. Do I count my calories by using the frozen spinach measurements or do I count my calories using the final result of the spinach being steamed resulting in 1 cup = 30 calories? Thanks for any help.

ma26
01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
How many serving are in the entire container? For example if the bag says it contains 4 serving at 1 cup and it looks like you have taken 1/4 of the bag then your 3 cups steamed to one must be one serving. But of the bag is 3/4 empty you know you needed to count frozen cups.

Hope that helps. I don't know how else I would be able to know for sure but by the bag's emptiness relative to servings you have taken.

4star
01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi all. Down 2 more pounds this week so I am happy about that, especially with needing to eat lunch out one day and having a few bites of a turtle and some fudge at the choclatier.

Yesterday came in at 1550.

Today, I have everything planned out, coming in at 1350. This cold is taking away my appetite. I should probably add in a snack later if I feel up to it.

200 egg white omelet and toast
250 sandwich
110 cocoa
160 yogurt
200 chicken(ended up being fried so now 350)
160 slaw
120 beans
150 coffee

***Change of plans. The store was out of rotisserie chicken so we ended up getting fried chicken. I personally wouldn't have made that choice but I am sick so I wasn't the one out shopping. It did put my calories up to 1600 and that's more my calorie range. I am not feeling at all snacky tonight so I think that should be good for the day. If I need a snack it will likely be an ounce of chocolate chips for 70 cals or a granola bar for 100....

Hope everyone has a great day!

LAgreeneyes
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
How many serving are in the entire container? For example if the bag says it contains 4 serving at 1 cup and it looks like you have taken 1/4 of the bag then your 3 cups steamed to one must be one serving. But of the bag is 3/4 empty you know you needed to count frozen cups.

Hope that helps. I don't know how else I would be able to know for sure but by the bag's emptiness relative to servings you have taken.

Perfect explanation !!! I understand exactly what you said. After reading your reply, I went and measured the remaining spinach in the bag. There were 4 cups of frozen spinach left in the bag. The bag says 6 cups per serving (in the bag) but the bag had 7 cups of frozen spinach. So the bag calls for you to measure 1 cup of frozen spinach (as 1 serving) and not 1 cup of "cooked" spinach. So that is not a lot of spinach at all if I want to have 1 cup (frozen).

I surely appreciate you breaking it down for me. Now I will know how to calculate the calories based on what's in the bag.

Thanks again!!!!!

Ruslana
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Calorie Limit-1550

Calories Used-972

Calories Under-578

Queen Sarah
01-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Yesterday I burned 665 more calories than I consumed. That's the best day I've had in awhile, and pretty good for barely leaving the apartment!

Calories burned: 2133
Calories logged: 1468

Today, Sunday:
6:00: 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
8:00 2nd breakfast: egg, Mini Luna bar: 160
1:00 lunch: Spinach salad with tuna, fat free ranch, artichoke hearts, tomato, red pepper, green onion; NS chocolate raspberry lunch bar: 182 + 190
5:15 pre-dinner snack: a shot glass of nuts: 180
6:00 dinner: nonfat coleslaw, and a dish made of NS cheesy mashed potatoes, 1/2 head mashed cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and a chopped up string cheese -- OMG delicious! 410
8:00 NS dessert bar 150

Total so far: 1424

loose seal
01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
brunch: coffee, 1 cup linguini, chicken, sauteed veggies, 2 tblspn balsamic vinaigrette (Ken's) - 550
s: banana w/p butter - 150
d: planned: chicken salad (homemade), rice, side salad - 600 or so

Total: approx. 1300

Mah sweet tooth woke up but I didn't know what I wanted so I nommed on some Honey Nut Cherrios outta the box. Didn't measure or anything but did control it. 200 cals.

Total: 1500

K9Owner
01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, yesterday's attempt to drink a few glasses of Merlot ended HORRIBLY!!
Here's the scoop on my Saturday night binge that turned out to be my Spike Day by force :cry:

Saturday's "Off the Chart" Menu
NOW Protein Shake: 451
Ezekiel Bread 1tsp Sunbutter, coffee: 169
**Pre-workout Fuel**Heart Healthy Trail Mix, PB2 Oats: 139
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Chicken Caesar Salad: 536
Merlot (12 oz) ***Should have stopped right here!!!*** 285

JUNK: chips w/7 layer dip, 2 Macadamia Nut cookies, grapes, Honey Bunches of Oats w/skim milk: 966 :fr:
Total: 2840

Exercise: 631 :tread:
Water: 72 oz

Sunday (Cravings ALL day) Menu
:tantrum: **Do you know how long it's been since I had a craving??? Weeks!!! :tantrum:
NOW Green monster (I could NOT justify wasting this pre-made shake): 551
Wendy's Grilled Chicken Breast w/baked Potato, Kettle Corn, Ice Cream (4oz) :nono: : 464
Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 116
Dinner: TBD
Total w/out dinner: 1131

Water: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH 48 oz
I'll drink more before midnight.
Exercise: I have yet to run or do much of anything today. I do plan to do some weights in 30 min.

This is an example of a VERY BAD weekend for me. This is OLD habits resurfacing. This is the old me lifestyle. The part that sux the most is I'm craving sugar. I was doing so well. :stress:

Edited: This night DID end on a good note!
:running: plus some floor work= 421 cals burned
Dinner was 1/2 Protein Green Monster: 274, ending the day with 1405 cals

I WILL NOT succumb to old habits.
I WILL be nice to myself & learn from this weekend!

doopdoop
01-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Bfast:200

Lunch: 250

Snack: 450

Dinner: ~500

K9Owner
01-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Queen Sarah: Lovely day today for you. Tell me, what do leeks taste like? I've never had them, but that dish sounds DELISH! I'd love to make it!

ma26
01-23-2012, 01:02 AM
So taken the weekend off from the scale. I kinda enjoy the break. Calories were 1828 yesterday and.....ahem......2174 today.....Yeah sunday funday?

Anyways I suppose I will have to face the consequences of my mistakes on the scale in the morning.

LAGreeneyes- I'm glad it made sense. After posting it I was reading it and it seemed a little hard to follow to me. :). I have used the "check how much is left in the container" a few times when I have cooked and forgotten about measuring. Ugh thats the one thing thats a real pain about calorie counting. Having to try to measure religiously when I cook. Then measure the number of servings I end up making so I can calculate calories per serving.

Queen Sarah- Thats an awesome burn! Well done.

K9Owner- You never know this may be the shake up your body needs to let go of some weight? We can always hope right?

Weekends been good. I worked out HIIT and weights yesterday. Today was my rest day. Been pretty uneventful, but the calories sure did add up to more than I needed to eat.

Well back to the grind this week. I want to really make a good hard push to stay between 1600-1750 in this next week.

So really I am about 2 weeks into this. Far from perfect, but overall I feel like I am making such better choices. Which fortunately has motivated me. I feel healthier already, and ,maybe even a little more comfortable in my cloths that were getting too tight.

Anyways I think I will try to focus on a healthy change each week. Depending on how difficult it is to implement I may wait two weeks or so to ad a new one.

So this weeks healthier focus is to track my water intake and drink more water. I need to do a little google search on what I should be drinking a day, but that will be my goal. :)

Well here's to the coming week and opportunity for more successes!

Ruslana
01-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Calories Spent 1483

Calorie Limit 1550

Calories Left 67

Good day.

loose seal
01-23-2012, 07:55 AM
K9 -- way to recognize what you were doing and stopping it in its tracks. Your Sunday ended up spot on!

It's so freakin' hard to get over the 'oh well I ate such and such and blew it, may as well gorge' mentality. Good for you for turning it around . . . it inspires the rest of us.

:cp:

doopdoop
01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
breakfast: 255
tortilla, 2 slices rf cheese
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

lunch: 270
egg
cheese stick
tortilla rolled w/ 1 slice rf cheese
small apple
carrot sticks

pre-gym snack: 70
yogurt cup

dinner: 450
2x turkey patty
1/2 cup veggies

4star
01-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Ended up at 1850 yesterday which is not great but still just inside my fat loss range. I am finally starting to feel a little better and apparently my appetite came back. Shooting for 1650 today. If all goes well, I should see Onederland this week or next.

Queen Sarah
01-23-2012, 08:35 AM
K9, nice comeback from the high-calorie day! Be consistent (with the lower calories), and keep moving, and it will probably result in a metabolism jolt for you.

Leeks are like green onions, but bigger, and not as strong-tasting. For this recipe, I used two containers of Nutrisystem mashed potatoes, which you might be able to find at Big Lots, because they're clearing out their old inventory. These potatoes are higher in protein, but you could just use a couple of regular potatoes, mashed. I boil a head of cauliflower and put it in the food processor (with some garlic from a jar), and then simmer the leek (chopped) in water to tenderize it, chop up two string cheeses, and then divide up all the ingredients into two large-ish bowls. I eat one bowl for a meal. It's really indulgent-feeling to eat a huge bowl of "mashed potatoes," but it's really mostly cauliflower.:) I'm looking forward to eating the other serving today.

I had another good day yesterday, 694 calorie deficit, making 1,513 for the week. My trend weight (corrected for all the wild variances we all get) was down 0.8 lb, which is more than I'd expect! And this is the week I had a high-calorie day on Wednesday (followed by lower-calorie, higher activity days) -- we shouldn't get too bummed about the times we eat more! Just get right back on plan and it will work to our advantage. I think I had actually been *too* consistent lately.

Today, Monday:
7:30 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
8:45 2nd breakfast: egg, apple: 160
10:45 early lunch: Yummy potato cheese cauliflower mash, asparagus, 4 oz carrots, 20 grams nuts: 568
3:30 planned snack: Zone Perfect bar: 190
6:00 planned dinner -- maybe Seasons 52, under 475 calories

Total so far, excluding dinner: 1070 calories

loose seal
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
b: coffee, picante/cheese omelet, grapefruit, 32 oz water - 325
l: 1 cup lf cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pineapple, popcorn - 400
d: linguini, chicken, sauteed veggies, Ken's balsamic vinaigrette - 500
s: banana w/p butter - 150, 3 jolly ranchers - 60

Total: 1425

philana
01-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I was on plan for a bunch of days, and then this weekend I felt I deserved to get some treat. And it just turned into a big mess. Ate 1000 calories worth of junk. However, with the low cal week, I avareged the weekend on maintenance calories. So no biggie. Today is monday, and I am picking up where I left off last friday. Almost like a job! ;)

I don't sweat it too much but I am just not losing anything so I can't be messing around. I need to be consistent for a while to figure out of the not losing is an issue or if it's just because I am not consistent long enough.

I am not so tall, and not very active other than my excersise so I decided to go from 1250 calories daily to 1100 for a while. It's below the magical 1200 line but I think it would be okay for me. I am not depriving myself of nutrients because I eat extremely healthy within my calories. When I eat junk it's mostly an 'extra' thing so it's atop of what I am eating. And it barely happens anyhow.

LAgreeneyes
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I was on plan for a bunch of days, and then this weekend I felt I deserved to get some treat. And it just turned into a big mess. Ate 1000 calories worth of junk. However, with the low cal week, I avareged the weekend on maintenance calories. So no biggie. Today is monday, and I am picking up where I left off last friday. Almost like a job! ;)

I don't sweat it too much but I am just not losing anything so I can't be messing around. I need to be consistent for a while to figure out of the not losing is an issue or if it's just because I am not consistent long enough.

I am not so tall, and not very active other than my excersise so I decided to go from 1250 calories daily to 1100 for a while. It's below the magical 1200 line but I think it would be okay for me. I am not depriving myself of nutrients because I eat extremely healthy within my calories. When I eat junk it's mostly an 'extra' thing so it's atop of what I am eating. And it barely happens anyhow.

Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me. I was going in the right direction on yesterday and had 1240 calories down out of my 1500 calories and then I had 6 of my favorite Kashi cookies that have 130 calories in EACH one. That was a whopping 780 calories. I felt so bad and angry at myself.

Today is another day and I'm thinking positive about this week. I will get back on my elliptical and I also want to begin the couch to 5K program again. I need to purchase a pair of running shoes that are not too expensive.

This week will be a great week for everyone!

ma26
01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Breakfast- Oatmeal w/ berries, flax seed, bee pollen, and protien powder-342 cals
Snack-Apple-80 cals
Lunch-Tuna sand and salad-704 cals
Snack-Sweet potato and canned chili beans-510 cals
Dinner-Thin crust margarita pizza-420 cals

Excercise- 60 min on stairmaster, weightlifting: Chest

Water: 65 oz

Total calories:2056 cals

Ok so I am not doing super hot. Thats ok this next day will be better. I have to say at least I am counting everything. This is better than eating too much and ignoring that fact by not recording it.

loose seal
01-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me. I was going in the right direction on yesterday and had 1240 calories down out of my 1500 calories and then I had 6 of my favorite Kashi cookies that have 130 calories in EACH one. That was a whopping 780 calories. I felt so bad and angry at myself.

Today is another day and I'm thinking positive about this week. I will get back on my elliptical and I also want to begin the couch to 5K program again. I need to purchase a pair of running shoes that are not too expensive.

This week will be a great week for everyone!

:eek: Wow, that seems like a LOT of cals for just one cookie. Are they really big or something?

LAgreeneyes
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
:eek: Wow, that seems like a LOT of cals for just one cookie. Are they really big or something?

You are right, that is a A LOT of calories. They are thick. As much as I love them, I may have to find another cookie snack. It's just too many calories.

Here are the list of ingredients:

Other Ingredients: Kashi seven whole grains & sesame blend, (whole: hard red winter wheat oats, rye, triticale, barley, long grain brown rice, buckwheat, sesame seeds), dark chocolate chips (evaporated cane juice, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soya lecithin, ground vanilla bean), whole rolled oats, expeller pressed canola oil, honey, evaporated cane juice crystals, brown rice syrup, chicory root fiber, oat fiber, vegetable glycerin, natural flavors, sodium bicarbonate, soy lecithin, salt, mixed tocopherols, (natural vitamin e) for freshness, monocalcium phosphate, walnuts, peanut flour, nonfat dry milk, and eggs. CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY, WALNUT, PEANUT, MILK AND EGG INGREDIENTS. MAY CONTAIN OTHER TREE NUTS.

K9Owner
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
No Cravings Monday!!
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Orange: 200
FF Cheese Omelet, Ezekiel Raisin Bread: 264
Beef Cabbage Quinoa, Broccoli Potato Mash, Cottage Cheese w/pineapple: 377
1/2 Protein Shake, 10 Hazelnuts: 362
Total: 1203

Exercise: BodyRock, Plateau Challenge (weights), 30 min K9 Walk: 309

No :cookie: for me! I'm OWNING this week!!

K9Owner
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
OK ladies, I need some input, from the "regulars" on this thread, pls
Here are my stats:

BMR according to MFP: 1330
Height: 5'3.5"
Current Weight: 146
Goal Weight: 140 or less

Since Jan 1, I have been doing Spike Day--as you all know.
I've been trying to do (3) 1200 cal days, (3) 1400 cal days, and the Spike Day ~2800 cals.
I am extremely realistic and would be ok w/losing 1 lb/week.
I would change anything about my regime to reach my fitness goals.

I typically burn anywhere between 2000 and 3300 cals per week in exercise.

I consider myself pretty active. These exercise cals are just the ones I burn running, doing BodyRock, doing my Plateau Challenge exercises, and walking my K9s. I don't include things like cleaning, shopping, and doing daily chores.

Here is my dilemma: I don't think I am eating enough calories. I have been doing alot of reading and everything I come across suggests I eat more. But, how much more? The only thing that could happen badly is that I would gain a couple of lbs, which would be bad, but I just am really unsure.
Suggestions appreciated.

Queen Sarah
01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
K9, I do think the 1200 days are pretty low, for how active you are. Maybe going to 1400 and 1600 and spike days would be a good experiment? I think the commercial diet programs (like Nutrisystem) which have you at 1200-1400 are for the average person, but the average person is a lot more sedentary than you are. And the incidental activity you get from moving around throughout the day (the non-exercise stuff) can really add up. If you can afford $100 to spring for a Fitbit, it might be just the thing you need to give you some kind of measure of that. (I'm a runner, but currently inactive, because I have to focus on my thesis -- and I've found that I can burn a lot of calories just from being fidgety and walking around the apartment. So I'm glad to have a device for measuring that!) Otherwise, trial and error are about the only thing you can do. Do you spike your exercise, too? That might be another parameter to adjust. When I have a high-calorie day, and then a low-calorie day, I try to boost my activity on the low calorie day, and I usually drop a couple of lbs that way.

Today, Monday:
7:30 1st breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk: 152
8:45 2nd breakfast: egg, apple: 160
10:45 early lunch: Yummy potato cheese cauliflower mash, asparagus, 4 oz carrots, 20 grams nuts: 568
3:30 snack: Zone Perfect bar: 190
6:00 dinner -- Artichoke Stuffed Shrimp, Seasons 52: 460
9:45 snacks: NS dessert bar, popcorn, Arctic Zero: 468

Total so far: 1988 calories

Queen Sarah
01-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Yesterday after my night class, I ate a lot of snacks, and undid all the walking I had done, leaving only a 30 calorie deficit. Some days are like that.

Today, Tuesday:
6:30 1st breakfast: NS double chocolate muffin 190
8:00 2nd breakfast: apple, egg: 160
10:45 early lunch: salad with spinach, artichoke hearts, tomato, fat-free ranch; NS split pea soup: 401
12:40 snack: Justin's peanut butter: 200
2:40 snack: Mini Luna bar: 80
5:30 dinner: 3 oz carrots, Pizza Fit n Free: 283
6:00-9:00 snacks: popcorn, NS dessert bar, Kashi crackers & Laughing Cow Light Cheese (both were southwestern style flavor -- very tasty!!) 455

Total so far: 1769 calories

loose seal
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
K9 -- this calorie counter site gives you 'zig-zag' calories within a range for fat loss and for extreme fat loss. I think zig-zagging is great, as it keeps your body guessing (just like with exercise your body gets used to whatever it is that you do/eat and becomes more efficient, thus making it harder to lose weight.) Maybe this will give you an idea of how many cals to increase.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

loose seal
01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
b: coffee, chicken, sauteed veggies, cheese on multi-grain low carb wrap, 16oz water - 350
l: WW pasta primavera (I added some leftover chicken to it) - 350
s: got the awful 'sweet munchies' after lunch so nommed on some HN Cherrios :rolleyes: - 200
d: slumgullion (browned hamburger, tom. paste, garlic, seasonings, elbows) - 400

Really wanting something sweet . . .

and that never went away so I had 1 tblspn of raisins w/a 2 tspn of natural p. butter - 100

Ah, now that nommy demon is asleep!

LAgreeneyes
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
K9 -- this calorie counter site gives you 'zig-zag' calories within a range for fat loss and for extreme fat loss. I think zig-zagging is great, as it keeps your body guessing (just like with exercise your body gets used to whatever it is that you do/eat and becomes more efficient, thus making it harder to lose weight.) Maybe this will give you an idea of how many cals to increase.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

WOW!!! That is awesome. I sure do appreciate you sharing that link. That helps out a lot. VERY useful tool. Thank you!!! :carrot:

ma26
01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
K9Owner- I am new to this and no expert, so I will regurgitate things I have read (in my obsession of spending HOURS online looking at ways to eat for training and weightloss). Queen Sarah probably has the best plan, getting the fit bit, but I wont be right away either.

I have read some stuff about how there is often an optimum calorie range to be eating in. There was astudy where they found that when people ate less than that they wouldn't lose weight any faster with the less calories. Our bodies are incredibly adaptable, and we are designed to maintain homeostasis. Unfortunately that means that our bodies work to conserve when we have a calorie deficit and even waste and burn off when we have too many calories(I don't know about you but I have had periods in my lifetime that I ate so much food I should have landed at 250 or more instead of only getting up to 186). We can still lose weight and gain (obviously), but it doesn't always equate exactly to the deficit that we expect.

I guess what I am trying to say is that less calories is not always better. So I think that adding some is definitely worth a try. Like you said worst case scenario is a little weight gain (unlikely since you arent going to start eating 2000+ everyday), and if has the potential to actually help you lose better and have more delicious food while doing it!

Again I am not an expert and I am just passing out info I have read or heard.

ma26
01-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Today was long run day! Good thing after yesterday's high calories (again).

Breakfast: Banana, orange, 2 veggie breakfast sausages-334 cals
Lunch: 2 c. spaghetti squash 1 cup homemade tomato sauce with TVP-244 calories

Total Calories: 578

Excercise: Ran 5.3 miles, 798 feet elevation gain. 59 mins- Now heading to go snowboarding a few hours. yay for active days!

loose seal
01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
b: picante omelet, piece of cinnamon/raisin toast w/bit of butter, grapefruit, coffee, - 350
l: ww spinach/ricotta pasta w/some chicken I added - 400
d: breaded chicken, rice, sauteed zucchini, tiny bit of brownie - 700 (?)

Total - 1450-1500

4star
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Yesterday was a day of the snack attack. I ended up at 2500 calories! I counted it all. It did very little damage to my biweekly average and that was 1730 so I'm ok with it.

Eating lean today. My appetite isn't nearly as fierce. I might just come in under my allowance.

4star
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Yesterday was a day of the snack attack. I ended up at 2500 calories! I counted it all. It did very little damage to my biweekly average and that was 1730 so I'm ok with it.

Eating lean today. My appetite isn't much. I might just come in under my allowance.

philana
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
It was a bit hard due to simple carbs I had yesterday making me feel super carb-hungry today, but I stayed within my calorie limit. Which at the moment is quite low. I'll stick with it for another 3 days and then bump it up some.

K9Owner
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Busy last night and today, but I'll catch up. Before anyone starts freaking out about Wednesday's low cals, I'll explain.

DH wanted to go visit my parents Tues. night--right at my dinner time! I couldn't make dinner, as he was impatient to go, so I ate there. I would have been ok with just Subway, but my brother bought us some Honey Cinnamon Almonds, and I helped myself to 360 cals worth of them while playing dominoes! :tantrum:

To offset the high cals and to keep my body guessing, I severely dropped my cals on Wednesday--on purpose--to offset the high cals on Tuesday.

Terrible Tuesday
Zuzana's Berry Pancakes, Pineapple, 2 Tbs Whipped Cream: 500
PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola, Trail Mix: 316
Broccoli Potato Mash, Grapefruit, 15 Bean Stew, Coffee, Honey Cinnamon Almonds :fr: : 711
Subaway 6" Turkey Sandwich, Activia Peach Yogurt: 350
Total: 1877

Exercise: :running: 565

Wednesday's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet: 144
Apple, 1/2 PB2 Greek Yogurt: 132
Salad, Sweet n Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles, SoDelicous Ice Cream, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 808
Total: 1084

If I had known we were going earlier in the day, I could have swapped some food choices around, but those almonds were hard to stop eating at 1/4c!!

Thanks to all of you for your advice on my calorie limit issue. I think I will try it next week. The Spike Day is working so well right now, I hate to break my losing streak!!

Seal: That website gave me astronomical numbers!! Gracious, I'd have to drink a double dense Green Monster every day to reach those cals! I think my tummy has shrank with being on such a calorie restriction for so long. Great info there, however!! Thank you ;)

ma26
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Well sorry I have been MIA, my calories yesterday were 1949, and tuesday was awful. REALLY AWFUL.

I need to get a grip. I have been counting consistently for two weeks now, but I am yet to be consistent about staying within my caloric goals. I feel that finally tracking all that is passing my lips for two weeks is a huge accomplishment. But now I've done it two weeks. It is time to take the next step. I need to learn that when I waste calories on calorie dense foods that simply means I'm setencing myself to going to bed hungry. If I really lay it down like that hopefully that will motivate me to up my vegetable consumption.

Anyways sorry for the long vent. It's good to see you ll be so successful and I do hope to join you all soon!

*Changed my goal weight to 146, I did the ideal weight calculator via the wrist test on the website that looseseal posted a link too for calorie zig zag.

Thanks looseseal! That website was very helpful. I am going to start doing the calorie zig zag myself. I am hoping that the knowledge that I have higher days coming will help me to better stay on track on the other days of the week.

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I have been a total failure for the last couple of day as the end of the day draws near. I have to get it together. I don't think that I can have snacks in my presence anymore. I'm binging on snacks. Is there anyone out there that does not eat snacks (cookies & crackers)? I think I will have to stop buying cookies and crackers and just eat fruit as snacks. This has got to stop!!!

Queen Sarah
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
I went off-plan yesterday. I was tired at the end of the day and *felt*like*eating*! I was tempted to eat out, but I knew I needed groceries, so I bucked up and went to the grocery store on the way home. I allowed myself to indulge a little, since I didn't eat out. I didn't write down everything, but I'm pretty sure it was under 2000. So I'm calling it 2000. Didn't get the walking that I had planned, so I'm sure I wiped out my deficit for the week. I'll figure it out later.

Today, Thursday:
6:00 breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk 152
9:30 2nd breakfast: frozen cherries, Greek Yogurt, Nuts 353
2:30 lunch: Zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, 2.5 oz chicken breast, NS cheese tortellini: 317

Total so far: 822 calories

loose seal
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
So glad that calorie counter link has helped. I stumbled upon that awhile ago and liked it. Really like the idea of zig-zagging cals. Not only does it keep your body out of the 'same cals in' rut but it also gives you some leeway if you have days where you go over your limit.

LAgreen -- I can't just eat fruit for a snack if I'm truly hungry. . . it just doesn't do squat for me. I HAVE to eat protein and carbs (the good kind of carbs). Peanut butter is a go-to for me. Spread some on a banana or mixed with some raisins or even on some Ritz or pretzels. Yogurt is always good too. Oh, and I love those baby-bell cheese wheels they sell. 70 cals per wheel, you could have two with some crackers, pretzels, fruit . . . once the food 'hits' it does satisfy the hunger and keeps it at bay much, much longer than if you just eat fruit or veggies. At least it does for me. Sometimes I'm "kinda" hungry and know that if I don't eat soon I'll be starving hungry (then all common sense leaves me) . . . trail mix bars or even nutri-grain bars are pretty good and I personally find that they satisfy the sweet cravings and knock the hunger, especially if I have them w/a cup of coffee.

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
So glad that calorie counter link has helped. I stumbled upon that awhile ago and liked it. Really like the idea of zig-zagging cals. Not only does it keep your body out of the 'same cals in' rut but it also gives you some leeway if you have days where you go over your limit.

LAgreen -- I can't just eat fruit for a snack if I'm truly hungry. . . it just doesn't do squat for me. I HAVE to eat protein and carbs (the good kind of carbs). Peanut butter is a go-to for me. Spread some on a banana or mixed with some raisins or even on some Ritz or pretzels. Yogurt is always good too. Oh, and I love those baby-bell cheese wheels they sell. 70 cals per wheel, you could have two with some crackers, pretzels, fruit . . . once the food 'hits' it does satisfy the hunger and keeps it at bay much, much longer than if you just eat fruit or veggies. At least it does for me. Sometimes I'm "kinda" hungry and know that if I don't eat soon I'll be starving hungry (then all common sense leaves me) . . . trail mix bars or even nutri-grain bars are pretty good and I personally find that they satisfy the sweet cravings and knock the hunger, especially if I have them w/a cup of coffee.

Ok. I will try doing that. Thank you so much for the information. I guess there is still hope for me. I just can't give up.

loose seal
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
b: kashi cereal and 2% milk, coffee - 400
l: low-carb wrap w/leftover pork (about 3oz, tops), sauteed veggies (a lot!), some shredded cheddar and a small dolloped of lite sour cream - 350
s: a wafair theeen piece of brownie and a cup of coffee - 100
d: (planned): unstuffed shells casserole, side salad. No ideas on cals, calling it 500-600. New recipe, hoping it tastes good. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/make-ahead-unstuffed-shells-128138.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-20120124-_-1038&cm_lm=6ECD8D4BD4B889B512B07D5874EC7F23

Total: 1400-1500

eta: At the bottom of the unstuffed shells recipe it gave the cals: the recipe said it makes 6 servings at 590 cals per serving - yeah I'm rounding that 590 up to 600. 600 cals times 6 servings = 3600 for the entire casserole. There are five of us and there are two generous sized portions left. So, if my limited mathletic abilities have not failed me, 3600 divided by 8 (servings) = 450 cals. I'm going to call it 500 just to be safe. Hey, I made a pretty good guesstimate on the cals didn't I? :yes: Oh, I never did make a side salad . . had a ton of veggies at lunch so it's all good.

Total: see above . . pretty spot on!

loose seal
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh ok and here's something else I've been doing.

I get up M-F at 5:30am. God-awful early and it's even earlier if you look at the time on an analog clock. Anyway, I have coffee (praise be to the coffee bean!) and I have 16oz of coffee w/2 level tspns sugar and 1/4 cup whole milk, 75 cals total, but my stomach usually starts growling between 7 - 7:30. Hmmm, no way am I eating that early. I just refuse because I'll hit my daily cals before dinner and well, just NO. So I usually try to get the exercise in and that shuts my stomach up for a bit, I do drink water during the exercise too. I really really don't like to eat b-fast prior to 8:30 at the earliest, 9 - 9:30 is better.

Today was no different . . . I just told my stomach to shut up, I literally just ignored the rumbling (yes, sometimes it is hard but I do it anyway), went down to mah batcave and hopped on the treadmill, got done and the rumbling had subsided, planned on taking a 10 min. computer break (it turned into 45 min. :rolleyes:), decided to get a shower first, then ate around 9:15 or so, then walked the dogs, then out for millions of errands/food shopping. I never did get hungry until I walked in the door at 1:15 and starting fixing lunch. I ate that kashi cereal (which is higher in cals per serving than say honey nut cherrios) and 2% milk . . . but the higher cals and the fat in the 2% milk help keep me fuller longer so I often opt for that, rather than just focusing on the lower cal stuff cause with the lower cal stuff I get too hungry too soon . . . it doesn't 'stick' with me.

Just got done lunch about two hours ago (along w/that bit of brownie and coffee). It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon . . . I'll need to start thinking about dinner within the next 90 mins or so because they are all starting to pile in and and will be hungry for dinner most likely sooner that me. Hopefully my late lunch will keep my from eating too much dinner but I never would have lasted until 1:30 had I eaten my b-fast at 7am, even if I had a snack around 10 or so. And since I was in Target I would have gotten a bag of popcorn (that probably has a zillion cals in it) if I had been hungry . . which I would have been.

Oh geez, that was pretty rambly! Anyway I think I'm trying to say that sometimes it's ok to have a rumbly tummy but you have to get to know when that can work for you but realize that if it gets too rumbly you'll go past the point of good-choices and reach for just anything. I hope that made sense! :dizzy:

loose seal
01-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok. I will try doing that. Thank you so much for the information. I guess there is still hope for me. I just can't give up.

No, never give up! Keep trying and tweaking to figure out what works for you. I found the first several weeks to be hard and full of trial and error but just kept at it figuring sooner or later I'd hit upon a combo that worked. What's my option? I'd just eat myself right out of every piece of clothing I own and . . . yeah, wasn't interested in doing that.

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh ok and here's something else I've been doing.

I get up M-F at 5:30am. God-awful early and it's even earlier if you look at the time on an analog clock. Anyway, I have coffee (praise be to the coffee bean!) and I have 16oz of coffee w/2 level tspns sugar and 1/4 cup whole milk, 75 cals total, but my stomach usually starts growling between 7 - 7:30. Hmmm, no way am I eating that early. I just refuse because I'll hit my daily cals before dinner and well, just NO. So I usually try to get the exercise in and that shuts my stomach up for a bit, I do drink water during the exercise too. I really really don't like to eat b-fast prior to 8:30 at the earliest, 9 - 9:30 is better.

Today was no different . . . I just told my stomach to shut up, I literally just ignored the rumbling (yes, sometimes it is hard but I do it anyway), went down to mah batcave and hopped on the treadmill, got done and the rumbling had subsided, planned on taking a 10 min. computer break (it turned into 45 min. :rolleyes:), decided to get a shower first, then ate around 9:15 or so, then walked the dogs, then out for millions of errands/food shopping. I never did get hungry until I walked in the door at 1:15 and starting fixing lunch. I ate that kashi cereal (which is higher in cals per serving than say honey nut cherrios) and 2% milk . . . but the higher cals and the fat in the 2% milk help keep me fuller longer so I often opt for that, rather than just focusing on the lower cal stuff cause with the lower cal stuff I get too hungry too soon . . . it doesn't 'stick' with me.

Just got done lunch about two hours ago (along w/that bit of brownie and coffee). It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon . . . I'll need to start thinking about dinner within the next 90 mins or so because they are all starting to pile in and and will be hungry for dinner most likely sooner that me. Hopefully my late lunch will keep my from eating too much dinner but I never would have lasted until 1:30 had I eaten my b-fast at 7am, even if I had a snack around 10 or so. And since I was in Target I would have gotten a bag of popcorn (that probably has a zillion cals in it) if I had been hungry . . which I would have been.

Oh geez, that was pretty rambly! Anyway I think I'm trying to say that sometimes it's ok to have a rumbly tummy but you have to get to know when that can work for you but realize that if it gets too rumbly you'll go past the point of good-choices and reach for just anything. I hope that made sense! :dizzy:

Thanks again. I enjoy reading what works for others. I like to try what others are doing as well. I'm a person that is ALWAYS open to listening and learning. Please continue to share your words of wisdom. It helps a lot and I'm sure others will agree.

Thanks for taking the time to share your day to day experiences.

K9Owner
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I guess there is still hope for me. I just can't give up.

Is this even an option? For me, no.

:dust: to you :hug:

K9Owner
01-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I have been a total failure for the last couple of day as the end of the day draws near. I have to get it together. I don't think that I can have snacks in my presence anymore. I'm binging on snacks. Is there anyone out there that does not eat snacks (cookies & crackers)? I think I will have to stop buying cookies and crackers and just eat fruit as snacks. This has got to stop!!!

WOW! I can't send you private messages yet, so I will have to expose all of this info on our forum. Please don't think I'm coming off to offend you, I am not, but here are my suggestions to you::

Sorry you have found yourself in a funk, but there is hope!
I'll give you a few suggestions and you can take them or leave them.

I reviewed this thread & see that you have posted 2 days of food--there may be more, I didn't go that in depth.

From 1/17
1/3 juice ~ 59 calories
Total ~ 849 calories.

From 1/19:
1 Banana - 120 calories

I'll base my observations off of these 2 entries, as they are all I see.

1. Too many processed carbs.
**Consuming these are going to KEEP you hungry. The sooner you get rid of them, the sooner you will be on your way to success. While I was weening myself off of processed carbs, I took a cinnamon supplement called Gaia Cinnamon--2 caps per day for 2 months. It really DID help with the cravings & I was a TERRIBLE pizza and cake binge-eater!
**See my short blog on highly processed carbs from the June 21 (http://k9owner.blogspot.com/2011/06/highly-processed-carbs.html) entry
2. Too many carbs without a protein paired with it.
**When you eat a carb alone without the presence of protein, it digests and turns into quick usable sugar in the blood. Your body uses the sugar very quickly and in no time, you're hungry again.
3. Unbalanced meal planning.
4. Lack of veggies (shoot for 3 cups of fruits & veggies/day.
5. Inadequate accountability. Write down your food/meal plans every day on the 3FC site. Type them out, not for us, but for yourself..to keep you accountable. We definitely DO NOT stay OP every single day, but writing it out helps stay accountable and keeps you on track. Use the site to your advantage, not as a doom and gloom tool or fear that "OMG, someone else is watching everything I do" type thing. We'll only encourage you and give you support and ideas on what to change. It'll be up to you to actually do it.

Do you use MFP or another food app? If not, I would HIGHLY suggest using My Fitness Pal. Add me on there if you are a member. My handle is chosengiver. ((All completely FREE)) & you don't have to have the phone app to use the free computer website.

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
WOW! I can't send you private messages yet, so I will have to expose all of this info on our forum. Please don't think I'm coming off to offend you, I am not, but here are my suggestions to you::

Sorry you have found yourself in a funk, but there is hope!
I'll give you a few suggestions and you can take them or leave them.

I reviewed this thread & see that you have posted 2 days of food--there may be more, I didn't go that in depth.

From 1/17
1/3 juice ~ 59 calories
Total ~ 849 calories.

From 1/19:
1 Banana - 120 calories

I'll base my observations off of these 2 entries, as they are all I see.

1. Too many processed carbs.
**Consuming these are going to KEEP you hungry. The sooner you get rid of them, the sooner you will be on your way to success. While I was weening myself off of processed carbs, I took a cinnamon supplement called Gaia Cinnamon--2 caps per day for 2 months. It really DID help with the cravings & I was a TERRIBLE pizza and cake binge-eater!
**See my short blog on highly processed carbs from the June 21 (http://k9owner.blogspot.com/2011/06/highly-processed-carbs.html) entry
2. Too many carbs without a protein paired with it.
**When you eat a carb alone without the presence of protein, it digests and turns into quick usable sugar in the blood. Your body uses the sugar very quickly and in no time, you're hungry again.
3. Unbalanced meal planning.
4. Lack of veggies (shoot for 3 cups of fruits & veggies/day.
5. Inadequate accountability. Write down your food/meal plans every day on the 3FC site. Type them out, not for us, but for yourself..to keep you accountable. We definitely DO NOT stay OP every single day, but writing it out helps stay accountable and keeps you on track. Use the site to your advantage, not as a doom and gloom tool or fear that "OMG, someone else is watching everything I do" type thing. We'll only encourage you and give you support and ideas on what to change. It'll be up to you to actually do it.

Do you use MFP or another food app? If not, I would HIGHLY suggest using My Fitness Pal. Add me on there if you are a member. My handle is chosengiver. ((All completely FREE)) & you don't have to have the phone app to use the free computer website.

No offense taken. I have thick skin, so there is nothing no one can say to me to offend me. I always wear my big girl panties. :D

I write everything down that I eat. I may not post here on the thread but I carry a journal everywhere with me. That's how I know that I've gone WAY over my calories. I also plan my meals out in advance but it's those devilish snacks that keep calling my name. :dizzy:

What processed carbs are you seeing? My cookies?

I like the idea of the supplement to help with craving. I could REALLY use that. Thanks for mentioning that. :carrot:

I don't use the apps. It's so much trouble typing in all of that. :dizzy: I did sign up but I really don't like it.

I'm willing to try anything to make it work.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Queen Sarah
01-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree with K9Owner -- my experience with carbs without protein (or fat) is the same -- it makes my blood sugar spike, I'm told, and that is why I get super hungry. This was when I was in the habit of eating a piece of fruit as a mid-morning snack. Now I seldom eat fruit without some protein and/or fat.

And the vegetables!!! Yes, vegetables are my salvation!!! I treat the nonstarchy vegetables as "unlimited," and on the munchy days, I will eat heaping platefuls. When I do this, I count it as "1 cup." I know I am eating more calories than that, but I just count 1 cup's worth. I lost my weight doing it this way, so it totally works for me. I don't think very many people have gotten fat eating too many vegetables.

Today I had my favorite vegetable indulgence -- I like to take the George Foreman Grill and load it up with zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. It covers an entire dinner plate. It is so filling, and one of the most delicious things I eat.

Often, when I go over my planned calories, it is because I did not have at least 4 GENEROUS servings of nonstarchy vegetables.

Go veggies!! Find the ones you love, and eat them every day!! Grill them, roast them, marinate them, cut them up raw --- do this in mass quantities. Think of it as an orgy of nutrition. :::blush:::

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
I agree with K9Owner -- my experience with carbs without protein (or fat) is the same -- it makes my blood sugar spike, I'm told, and that is why I get super hungry. This was when I was in the habit of eating a piece of fruit as a mid-morning snack. Now I seldom eat fruit without some protein and/or fat.

And the vegetables!!! Yes, vegetables are my salvation!!! I treat the nonstarchy vegetables as "unlimited," and on the munchy days, I will eat heaping platefuls. When I do this, I count it as "1 cup." I know I am eating more calories than that, but I just count 1 cup's worth. I lost my weight doing it this way, so it totally works for me. I don't think very many people have gotten fat eating too many vegetables.

Today I had my favorite vegetable indulgence -- I like to take the George Foreman Grill and load it up with zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. It covers an entire dinner plate. It is so filling, and one of the most delicious things I eat.

Often, when I go over my planned calories, it is because I did not have at least 4 GENEROUS servings of nonstarchy vegetables.

Go veggies!! Find the ones you love, and eat them every day!! Grill them, roast them, marinate them, cut them up raw --- do this in mass quantities. Think of it as an orgy of nutrition. :::blush:::

Thanks for the information. It helps a lot. :)

Queen Sarah
01-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Today, Thursday:
6:00 breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk 152
9:30 2nd breakfast: frozen cherries, Greek Yogurt, Nuts 353
2:30 lunch: Zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, 2.5 oz chicken breast, NS cheese tortellini: 317
5:30 snack: popcorn, Babybel cheese 257
8:00 dinner: large spinach/tomato salad with Walden Farm dressing, NS chili with beans, NS dessert 425

Total so far: 1504 calories

I hope I stop it right there! I had a pretty sedentary day, so I got on the mini trampoline and jogged in place during the news. I need to get back to burning more calories than I eat!

philana
01-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I was on 1100 calories for just a few days because I wanted to see what would happen if I went back to 1350 after that. You know, the famous old kickstarting your metabolism. I'd done it by eating 1600-2000 calories but nothing happened. I can't say anything about the restult but here's whats awesome:

If you are on 1100 for just a few days and want to get all your nutrients in, you have to really pay good attention. Now that I am back to 1350 it feels like everyday is a splurge day. Just because there is room for some 'snacks' again. (Those still being non processed goodies but still)

LAgreeneyes
01-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Ok, so I am going to try myfitnesspal again and see what happens. My username is LAgreeneyes2012. Now it's saying that I should be on 1200 daily calories based on the information that I input. I will load up on my favorite veggies to incorporate into my meals.

I'm still confused about the processed carbs (without protein) that was mentioned. What should I remove from my meals?

I think I should do more research on what are non-starchy veggies so that I don't mess that up as well.

I do have a George Foreman grill and I will get it out again. That was my weight loss buddy 3 years ago when I loss 50 lbs. I will become re-acquainted with ole George again.

Thanks for the tips everyone. VERY much appreciated!

philana
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
LAgreeneyes:

It's not the 'processed carbs' that are the problem mostly. It's just that in processed food oftentimes you find sugar (a simple carb) and other simple carbs that have no real nutritional value. You should look on about.com for information about the different kind of carbs.

Important is that when you eat only 1200 calories a day that you make them count. If you have white rice for 150 calories you barely get any nutrients in, but if you have brown rice for 150 calories you get some extra fibre and proteine. (The body's building blocks)

Why people tell you not to eat the 'bad carbs' is also because they can make you more hungry. The simple carbs are very quickly digested and because of their lack of nutritional value your body is gonna look for more food and you start craving more carbs.

It really helps yo just read and read and read about nutrition and the nutritional value of some carbs and the benefits of protein.

Ever since I managed to cut out the bad carbs I feel much more filled up on my food. It's been an eye opener really. And once oyu pay attention you are gonna be shocked how much carbs they put in processed foods.

Goodluck anyhow! And don't worry too much about strachy veggies. Rather starchy veggies than white bread. And the carbs in an apple are better than those in a chocolatebar because they come with some fibre and vitamin c.

LAgreeneyes
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
LAgreeneyes:

It's not the 'processed carbs' that are the problem mostly. It's just that in processed food oftentimes you find sugar (a simple carb) and other simple carbs that have no real nutritional value. You should look on about.com for information about the different kind of carbs.

Important is that when you eat only 1200 calories a day that you make them count. If you have white rice for 150 calories you barely get any nutrients in, but if you have brown rice for 150 calories you get some extra fibre and proteine. (The body's building blocks)

Why people tell you not to eat the 'bad carbs' is also because they can make you more hungry. The simple carbs are very quickly digested and because of their lack of nutritional value your body is gonna look for more food and you start craving more carbs.

It really helps yo just read and read and read about nutrition and the nutritional value of some carbs and the benefits of protein.

Ever since I managed to cut out the bad carbs I feel much more filled up on my food. It's been an eye opener really. And once oyu pay attention you are gonna be shocked how much carbs they put in processed foods.

Goodluck anyhow! And don't worry too much about strachy veggies. Rather starchy veggies than white bread. And the carbs in an apple are better than those in a chocolatebar because they come with some fibre and vitamin c.

Excellent break down and explanation. I will visit the site that you recommend.

I love all of the wonderful people on this site that help out a slacker like myself. You all are life savers.

Thanks so much for the information. :carrot:

************************************************** **************************************************
I just read the list of good carbs and bad carbs. The light just went off in my head. Now I understand what everyone is talking about.

Thanks everyone !!!!

loose seal
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
LA -- to me, processed carbs means nearly most things that come out of a box, the stuff you find in the center of the grocery store rather than at the perimeter of the grocery store. If you base the vast majority of your diet (within your calorie range) on what you find on the perimeter of the store, you'll lose weight and feel better in general.

Veggies, fruits, cheese, meats, dairy, eggs, etc. are all on the outside walls of the store.. Ok , so are doughnuts and some junk but you get the idea. Cookies, crackers, crap in a can, chips, candy, etc. are all within the center aisles of the store. Ok, so are pastas and rice and beans . . but again, you get the idea.

I read somewhere that everytime you eat something, whether it be a meal or a snack, have some protein with it. The carbs get into your system more quickly and give more of a quick start and the protein enters more slowly but lasts longer, as it takes a bit to digest.

That Kashi cereal? It has something like 9 or 10 grams of protein per serving, plus whatever is in the milk. Compared to HN Cherrios (which have little to no protein) . . all I can tell you is that I notice a huge difference in how long I can go after eating the Kashi vs. eating the Cherrios. Even I was surprised. Wish I had printed more coupons and bought more of the Kashi when it was on sale!

loose seal
01-27-2012, 11:28 AM
b: kashi cereal, 2% milk, coffee - 350
l: l.c. spinach/mushroom pizza w/a little extra mozzarella - 400
d: 10 ritz crackers and homemade chicken salad, 4 jolly ranchers - 550 (not really sure on the chicken salad cals. I didn't have a lot and didn't finish what I took).

total: 1300 or so

LAgreeneyes
01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
LA -- to me, processed carbs means nearly most things that come out of a box, the stuff you find in the center of the grocery store rather than at the perimeter of the grocery store. If you base the vast majority of your diet (within your calorie range) on what you find on the perimeter of the store, you'll lose weight and feel better in general.

Veggies, fruits, cheese, meats, dairy, eggs, etc. are all on the outside walls of the store.. Ok , so are doughnuts and some junk but you get the idea. Cookies, crackers, crap in a can, chips, candy, etc. are all within the center aisles of the store. Ok, so are pastas and rice and beans . . but again, you get the idea.

I read somewhere that everytime you eat something, whether it be a meal or a snack, have some protein with it. The carbs get into your system more quickly and give more of a quick start and the protein enters more slowly but lasts longer, as it takes a bit to digest.

That Kashi cereal? It has something like 9 or 10 grams of protein per serving, plus whatever is in the milk. Compared to HN Cherrios (which have little to no protein) . . all I can tell you is that I notice a huge difference in how long I can go after eating the Kashi vs. eating the Cherrios. Even I was surprised. Wish I had printed more coupons and bought more of the Kashi when it was on sale!

Thank you!!!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kashi cereal. What kind do you eat?

I will remember your explanation about parameters of the store when I go shopping this weekend. I"m taking notes from everyone's wonderful advice. After all of this, there is no way that I can fail now. Too many wonderful people offering advice, support and motivation. :carrot:

loose seal
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I like the go lean crunch (it's really crunchy but the crunch lasts long in the milk) and the new go lean crisp (not as crunchy but very tasty ... fairly sweet).

I had another kind once, can't remember what it was called (might not have said 'go lean' on it) but it had 'twigs' in it (cereal twigs) and I thought it was gross. lol Not very good flavor. I threw the box out!

LAgreeneyes
01-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I like the go lean crunch (it's really crunchy but the crunch lasts long in the milk) and the new go lean crisp (not as crunchy but very tasty ... fairly sweet).

I had another kind once, can't remember what it was called (might not have said 'go lean' on it) but it had 'twigs' in it (cereal twigs) and I thought it was gross. lol Not very good flavor. I threw the box out!

LOL @ twigs. I know EXACTLY which on you're talking about. I threw the twigs to my chickens to eat and they turned their nose up at it as well. LOL

I have eaten the crunchy before and I forgot all about it. I have it on my shopping list for tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Queen Sarah
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I love all the Kashi cereals (yes, even the twiggy one!) but I only eat the Kashi GoLean (not the GoLean Crunch, but the regular) because it has by far the highest protein. The others are good in comparison to other brands, but the GoLean blows them all out of the water!

For protein content in a cereal, the only other thing I've found is Nutrisystem, which you can sometimes find at Big Lots (especially now that they are phasing in a new product line) and Quaker Weight Control oatmeal.

But since I seem to be in maintenance mode more than weight loss mode right now, it's not such a big deal. When I run out of Nutrisystem (I have a few months stocked up) I will eat more variety and not care if it has 5 grams of protein instead of 12.

OK, I really derailed in the last couple of hours. This morning, I had a technology malfunction. My computer was doing weird things and not accessing certain cites, including this one, and Fitbit. I ran a bunch of scans and optimizer programs, and unplugged everything, and plugged it back in, and all the incantations and magic spells that we have to do in these situations. Meanwhile, I was upset! So I ate. I figured "maybe eating these snacks will fix the computer."

Guess what! It worked! I'm back online. I'm sure it was the food I ate. Now that it's fixed, I will have a better day tomorrow. So I'm not going to worry about today. Sometimes we have to do these things, to fix our computers. Back on track tomorrow.

K9Owner
01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm glad to have found a community that loves Kashi. I knew that company was making tons of $$ off of someone, just NOT me!! :barf:
I really WANTED to love it too :(

Queen Sarah
01-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm glad to have found a community that loves Kashi. I knew that company was making tons of $$ off of someone, just NOT me!! :barf:
I really WANTED to love it too :(

Seeing their commercials, I think of Kashi as the Peace Corps of cereals.:)

Queen Sarah
01-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Yesterday was TERRIBLE, eating-wise. I don't even want to know how many calories I ate. Eating nuts out of the can, it had to be very high.

I've put it behind me.

Today is sort of my birthday -- I'm 599 months old! My goal for today is to burn 599 more calories than I consume. That should be doable, and I'll feel better!

Today, Saturday:
8:00 breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, orange, egg: 301
12:30 lunch: that cheesy cauliflower-potato mash thing I do, with chicken: 497
3:30 snack: frozen cherries, Greek yogurt 153
6:00 dinner: grilled zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, NS mac & cheese, NS dessert bar 432
10:00 Kashi TLC chewy granola bar 140

Total so far: 1523 calories

So far I'm staying ahead of my 599 deficit birthday goal.:) Looks like I'm going to make it, barely...

loose seal
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
QueenS -- so sorry yesterday was an off day. I feel one coming on and I'm trying really, really hard not to give in to it. We have candy in the house . . I just had two big handfuls of Reeses pieces. <sigh> My taste is off (sinuses) so I couldn't even taste them very well and yet, there I was. I just put them away. I allow myself more calories on the weekend but within range . . . plowing through bags of candy is NOT how I want to spend them.

loose seal
01-28-2012, 01:11 PM
b: coffee, kashi cereal, 2% milk - 350
l: leftover unstuffed shell casserole (not as good leftover, didn't finish what I took) - 400 (maybe less)
s: Reeses pieces - 100 <-- snack? who am I kidding . . . they were sitting here and I ate them

Sad thing is, I just finished my lunch and am still hungry. Def. not satisfied. Am going for a banana w/p. butter then taken the doggies out for a walk.

s: banana w/p. butter - 150

Total so far: 1000

d: 2 slices pizza, more reeses pieces :rolleyes: - 800 or so

Total for the day: 1800 or so

K9Owner
01-28-2012, 05:24 PM
I worked Thurs & Fri night & had the worst 2 nights in a long time. I rarely sat down b/c I was so friggin busy. Only sat 17 min Thurs night & NOT all at the same time. I had a massive calorie burn, but didn't include all of the cals burned. I wore my Polar to work once, and I burn approx 10 cals/hr when I'm walking from room to room. These 2 nights were DIFFERENT than usual!

My eating was all over the board too. It is what it is! I was MAJORLY stressed out at work! I needed fuel.

Thursday's Menu
1/2 Chicken Wrap w/Broccoli Slaw: 268
Raisin Bread w/pb: 260
Frozen Grapes: 76
1/2 Chicken Wrap w/Broccoli Slaw, FF Cheese Omelet: 412
Broccoli Potato Mash, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, Diet Coke: 256
Total: 1272

Exercise: 240

Friday's Menu
Turkey Sandwich on wheat w/mayo, Baked Lays, Turkey Waldorf Salad w/Ken's FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg, Snack Wells Creme Cookies (2): 665
Frozen Grapes: 76
Starbux Pumpkin Bread, PB (1Tbs), Grilled Chicken, Granola (Handful): 471
1/2 Chicken Wrap w/Broccoli Slaw, Diet Coke: 233
Total: 1445
These cals were from a horrible CHOICE of foods! This is an example of what NOT to do. Way too many processed carbs!

Exercise: 596

Saturday's Menu (Spike Day)
Cheese Pizza (1 slice), 1/2 Chicken Wrap w/Broccoli Slaw, Cottage Cheese w/Pineappe, Ice Cream, Diet Coke: 914
Total So Far: 914, but the day for me is SO young!

:goodscale was today:: 145.4 (down 0.6 from last week!!)
I'm really excited to FINALLY break this wretched plateau!! I had seen 144.6 on Wednesday :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!!
:hug: to each of you!

nicolebug
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
2 granola bars-200
sliced ham, cheese, miracle wheat on whole wheat pita -210
3 big slices of ham+veggie pizza - 750

1160 calories
no workout,,,:((((

loose seal
01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
b/l: coffee, picante/cheese omelet, grapefruit - 325

I NEED to do better with my water intake. I want to drink 5 16oz glasses/day and am not doing that. I really find it makes a difference . . .at least I think my face looks less 'dry' (read that as wrinkly!) when I drink that much.

lol, I forgot to post the rest of my cals from yesterday. Weekends!\

s: greek yogurt -160; goldfishies - 200
d: baked chicken and mashed potatoes, 4 hershey kisses - 500

Queen Sarah
01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I need to do better with water, too! I get into caffeine kicks, and I end up drinking coffee or Diet Dr Pepper, and I stop keeping track of how much water I've had. I have no idea whether I've had enough. I do have a reusable plastic drinking glass with a straw, and it holds 24 oz. I try to fill that several times a day. Maybe I should start reporting my water here along with the calories.

Oh, I met my goal of at least 599 calorie deficit yesterday. It took a little extra jogging in place on the trampoline, though!

Today, Sunday:
Breakfast: NS cereal & skim milk
Snack: Kashi Granola Bar
Lunch: Applebee's garlic sirloin
Dinner: that cheesy potato cauliflower mash with chicken breast
Snacks: NS Dessert bar, popcorn

Total so far: 1633

K9Owner
01-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi ladies, well: Saturday did NOT fair well for Spike Day for me. So, I made it for Sunday.
I went out Saturday night to a party, and I will post my food choices--this is another example of WHAT NOT TO DO, but, hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday, I will see another drop in the scale.

Saturday's Menu
Cheese Pizza (1 slice), 1/2 Chicken Wrap w/Broccoli Slaw, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, Ice Cream, Diet Coke: 914
PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola: 176
1/2 Chicken Wrap w/broccoli slaw, 1 bottle of Beringer White Merlot: 803
Total: 1893

3 hours of dancing that I didn't include in my exercise log.

Sunday (Spike Day)
1/2 bottle of Moet Champagne, Taco Bell Nacho Supreme & Grilled Stuffed Chicken Burrito: 1339 :faint:
Bites of a cafe Cheese Omelet, 1 buttermilk pancake w/SF syrup: 273
**This was really GROSS to me, so I didn't eat the majority of breakfast**
Zuzana's Triple Berry Pancakes, Whipped Cream 4TBS, Gatorade: 620
Broccoli Potato Mash, Grapes: 181
1/2 Chicken Wrap w/broccoli slaw, Kefir Frozen Yogurt (2cups): 745 :faint:
Total: 3158

Exercise: K9 walk ~85

Eating fast food for me SUX. However, I am expecting to see a loss on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. :crossed:
**Step away from the vino :lol:

Queen Sarah
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Looking back on my week,
Monday and Tuesday, meh -- slight calorie deficit
Wednesday and Thursday, -- ate more calories than I burned. :(
Friday -- went completely off the rails, eating nuts like it was popcorn. No idea how many calories I ate that day. But it was not pretty, and I paid for it in more ways than one. Had to stay close to the bathroom for two days. TMI, sorry.
Saturday and Sunday -- excellent! :carrot: I burned 613 and 570 more than I ate, and most of it was in my apartment, jogging on the mini trampoline between studying. Big drop in my weight, with a solid 2-lb loss since the beginning of the year. That's wonderful, since I'm not even trying very hard. I'd be happy with maintaining for right now! :)

Today, Monday:
7:30 breakfast: NS Apple Scone, 160
9:00 2nd breakfast: orange, egg 157
I'm on my 2nd 24-oz glass of water
Packed the following into my lunch bag (for the day):
Large spinach & tomato salad with Walden Farm dressing
Nonfat coleslaw made with Walden Farm dressing
carrots, 4.8 oz
1 pear
1 string cheese
1 Chobani blueberry Greek yogurt
1 Zone Perfect bar
1 NS Fudge Graham bar
1 NS Hearty Beef Stew
Total of above: 1015
1:00: Now drinking another 24 oz water...

I will get home after 10pm and probably have a NS dessert bar, which will mean about another 150 calories. I will do plenty of walking, at least 4-5 miles, and I'll try to drink a lot of water.
...ended up having popcorn and a dessert bar: 400 cal

Total so far: 1732

ma26
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Hello all. I feel like I should re-introduce myself, since I feel like I am re-starting! Since I think, pretty much thursday I have been off, probably waaaay off. Worst part is I haven't even been tracking these last days. That was the one stable thing to my weightloss attempt. At least I was tracking! Anyways I am angry with myself and frustrated, and am quite sure I have undone any loss I accrued previously. Quite frankly I dont feel too assured that I can do this. I will keep trying however, I am crawling back onto the horse and I am going to get back to tracking everything I eat and drink, and I am going to get back to being accountable to you ladies. The plan is the same. I am trying to zig zag my calories.

Breakfast- Large apple- 120 cals
Lunch- 2 veggie sausage patties, slice daves killer bread with 2tbps adams natural peanut butter and 1 tbsp homemade raspberry jam-520 cals
Snack- 1/2 bag microwave popcorn-180 cals
Dinner- Grilled shrimp, black beans and cheddar cheese, tomatos, salsa-452 cals
Snack- 1/2 bag microwave popcorn-180 cals

Total: 1452 calories

ma26
01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
On a happier note, eeryone is still here and seems to be doing well for the most part.

Queen Sarah- Congrats on 2 lbs. Thats awesome!

Queen Sarah
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
You will do this ma! Don't look back. Every day is the first day of this endeavor.

We are watching for you to post! Even if it's far from perfect, please post, because that will make it easier to get back on track when you fail (and we all fail, as you can see by our posts!)

Always keep an eye on the long term, and congratulate yourself whenever you see a downward trend! Sometimes the occasional failures get so overblown in our minds, when the big picture is really looking good. Five years from now, you will be exactly where you want to be, if you keep starting over each day.

loose seal
01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
b: picante/cheese omelet, banana w/p. butter, coffee, 16oz aqua - 400
l: blueberry greek yogurt and goldfish - 400

The banana and p. butter w/b-fast stuck w/me way longer than having a grapefruit. Wasn't overly hungry for lunch but ate because I knew I'd be chewing my arm off later if I didn't. Am good till dinner.

d: turkey burger (no bun) w/ peppers, goya tomate rice, carrots - 600

REALLY wanting something sweet . . . and not a freakin' jolly rancher either! Aaahhhhh . . . I'm 1 lb. away from my end of January goal and don't want to screw that up but I want something sweetttt!

Ended up noshing on some HN Cherrios. That did the trick.

Total: 1500 - a bit more than I wanted today but considering I was close to shoving many cookies down my throat . . not too shabby!

LAgreeneyes
01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Overall, I had a VERY disappointing weekend. I planned my shopping trip and food items and I thought everything went well (at the store). I bought a lot of veggies, wraps for quick sandwiches, etc. Well, I decided to eat a wrap for lunch which consisted of a veggie burger, spinach, tomatoes and (grilled onions). Well, lo and behold when my weight watcher education kicked in, I realized that the calories in onions change when you cook them (the same as an egg). I was so upset because I love onions and I had a bunch of them and that boosted up the calorie count. The wrap that I bought was HORRIBLE. Well that was the first disappointment.

The 2nd disappointment was the BROWN rice that I bought. It was gosh awful terrible. It was HORRIBLE. So, that ruined my lunch.

I was disappointed all weekend. Today is new day.

ma26
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Queen Sarah- Thanks for the encouragment. It actually REALLY struck a cord. I keep telling myself that I am not looking for fast results, but I think I really am. I see a big initial woosh, and then a slight gain back and I stalled. I was still down to 176 from 179, thats good! But it had gone up from seeing 175 a few days and I totally took that as failure. Sure I wasn't staying as low in calories as I had planned. But I was building good habits. I was tracking daily and I wasn't popping right back up to my start weight.
I first signed up for 3fc in 2010! I really didnt come on here much back then, but if I had been having even 1 lb of weightloss per month since then I would be awfully close to goal right now.

You saying "Always keep an eye on the long term, and congratulate yourself whenever you see a downward trend! Sometimes the occasional failures get so overblown in our minds, when the big picture is really looking good. Five years from now, you will be exactly where you want to be, if you keep starting over each day."
-Was like the epiphany I needed. Thank you thank you thank you! If I go with the status quo, what I have been doing now for years, then I will slowly be losing and gaining a little weight at a time, and in five years I'll probably be about 10 lbs heavier and losing five then gaining five, losing five then gaining six. My wieght has been a very slow climb overall. And that is all the result I will get if I dont learn to trust the process and teach myself how to moderate what I eat, and commit to move. This is about life right? It's not about this June and the desire to wear a cute swimsuit, and its not about this next fall and the wedding your a bridesmadi in. It's about conquering the constant fight and learning to do whats healthy for ones body so even if you don't wear the perfect size, you know you are not hurting your health, and your insuring that in the longterm you remain healthy and at a happier (not continually growing, and likely shirnking to your right) size.

*sorry this was long*

loose seal
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Overall, I had a VERY disappointing weekend. I planned my shopping trip and food items and I thought everything went well (at the store). I bought a lot of veggies, wraps for quick sandwiches, etc. Well, I decided to eat a wrap for lunch which consisted of a veggie burger, spinach, tomatoes and (grilled onions). Well, lo and behold when my weight watcher education kicked in, I realized that the calories in onions change when you cook them (the same as an egg). I was so upset because I love onions and I had a bunch of them and that boosted up the calorie count. The wrap that I bought was HORRIBLE. Well that was the first disappointment.

The 2nd disappointment was the BROWN rice that I bought. It was gosh awful terrible. It was HORRIBLE. So, that ruined my lunch.

I was disappointed all weekend. Today is new day.

What?? Eggs and onions change calorie counts when cooked? Never heard that before.

The egg carton says 70 cals per egg so that's what I count. Onions are veggies and I frequently don't even bother counting them. I would NOT sweat the onion thing, LA. AT ALL.

The wraps I buy are called Tumaros's Gourmet Tortillas, multi-grain low in carbs, 95% fat free'. They're right underneath the display at the deli counter (I shop at Giant here.) Quite tasty, only 60 cals per tortilla and they're big. I shove TONS of veggies into them, some chicken or leftover steak or pork, sometimes a little shredded cheese, some l.f. sour cream . . good to go! You can try taking a little taco seasoning mix, mixing in a little water (couple of tspns) and mixing that into the veggies/meat. Especially good if you sautee/stir fry the veggies. Yum.

Brown rice. I tried that. Once. Ewwww. I eat white rice (yeah, yeah I know it's not as good for you) but I don't eat it all the time, I watch my portion and I try to keep the rest of day on the lower end of the carb scale to offset the starchiness of the rice.

Queen Sarah
01-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I haven't heard that about eggs (and how many people eat raw eggs anyway?) -- but vegetables -- I have heard something similar. When you cook certain vegetables, your body converts it to sugar more readily. So when I was on Nutrisystem, something like broccoli would be considered "unlimited" if it was raw, and limited to one serving if it was cooked. I chose to ignore that. No one is going to get fat eating too many vegetables -- especially onions!

I count everything the same whether raw or cooked, and I hardly ever even count onions. I count any non-starchy vegetable as "1 serving" no matter how many tons of it I put on my plate. I've lost 30 lbs doing this. I wouldn't worry if I were you!!

K9Owner
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
LA: I'm going to have to go with the majority here and say "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff", unless it's nuts or trail mix. However, onions can be fattening--if they are Onion RINGS or a Blooming Onion from Outback. As far as the rice thing...it's one lunch...how will you know you will like something new if you don't try new things? There are plenty of foods that I've bought and just simply could not MAKE myself like or even eat...take that Kashi cereal & oatmeal for example! :barf:

Awesome OP day for me today. I have some water weight, but hoping that dissipates by the end of the week.

Monday's Menu
Ezekiel Bread w/PB, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/Agave: 310
15 Bean Stew w/Laura's Lean, Almonds: 300
SBD Lazy Cabbage, Grapes, Granola: 214
Chicken Salad w/FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg, TFM Happy Heart Mix: 404
Total: 1228

Exercise: BodyRock, Plateau Challenge Arms & Abs, K9 Walk: 338
Water: 88 oz

Work tomorrow night. :crossed: for an uneventful, quiet evening!!

K9Owner
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM
My weight has been a very slow climb overall. And that is all the result I will get if I don't learn to trust the process and teach myself how to moderate what I eat, and commit to move. This is about life right? It's not about this June and the desire to wear a cute swimsuit, and its not about this next fall and the wedding your a bridesmaid in. It's about conquering the constant fight and learning to do whats healthy for ones body so even if you don't wear the perfect size, you know you are not hurting your health, and your insuring that in the long term you remain healthy and at a happier (not continually growing, and likely shrinking to your right) size.

NOW you have the concept!!
Weight loss is NOT linear! Just because you do A, B, & C right this week will NOT necessarily guarantee weight loss for you. Many factors contribute to scale loss.
I was hoping to be at goal in September--I mean how long does it take to lose 20 friggin pounds--GEEZ!! & look at me...it's almost been a year and I have 5 lbs to go! Talk about SLOOOOOOOW weight loss! But, I've learned so many new things & the discovery of new foods! I cannot say it has all been for nothing.

The goal is defo to look great in a swimsuit this summer, but if I don't--I didn't last summer & made it to the pool a couple of times a week, the beach for a week, Jamiaca, the Cayman's, and Cozumel, & I didn't allow the extra mid-section flab keep me from having a great time. I swam almost every day of my cruise!

The point is, we are all a work in progress. Do you think when you lose the extra pounds the work of it all will stop?? Try it. You'll be back at your current weight and then some in no time flat! Sorry, that's kinda mean, but it really is the truth. I know because this is the THIRD time I've lost the same 20 lbs in about 15 yrs!

:grouphug: to you!! We are here for you! You can do it! We will help!

panshrmu
01-31-2012, 04:23 AM
welll, need accountability big time. I am at 210 and looking forward to getting to 175-180 (or less!!LOL!)

Ok, I live in Taiwan, major rice and noodle area, but doing well to stay away from that.

I am just starting this so seeing how to do with staying under 1800calories. These few weeks are trial periods just to see how I work with out with working at our crisis pregnancy center and 4 kids at home.

So far:
wk 1/28: 1545 for the day (that is 1755 minus 210 calories from exercise)
1/29:1953 (was starving, no food really....we got back from vacation 1/27 so dh decided on McDonalds:mad:)
1/30: 1398 (not sure how I did that, but was ok....but the next morning was starving!)
WATER: have gotten in over 8 cups a day!!! yeah

only had Coke on 1/29....big step for me!! I am not going to work on exercise for a bit, just focus on changing my eating habits.
My day here is not over so will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for having me here:-)

Queen Sarah
01-31-2012, 08:13 AM
It is so normal to be in a hurry when you have decided to lose weight! But I really believe that slowwwwwww weight loss is better. If it takes you 5 years to get to your ideal weight, just think of it as 5 years of general decline (in the graph) rather than 5 years that you could have gained the weight back (and lost it again and gained it again, perhaps), which is what MOST people do! We will all have to keep trying, once we get there. We can't go back to our old ways of not thinking about what we are eating.

I ended up yesterday with 1733 calories, and a 246 calorie deficit. My weight this morning was, I thought, a new low, but I checked, and I had a slightly lower weight in November. So I can say that I've finally undone the damage I did with the end of the semester, and Christmas.

Today, Tuesday:
7:00 breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, egg, orange: 306

Total so far: 306 calories

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
I haven't heard that about eggs (and how many people eat raw eggs anyway?) -- but vegetables -- I have heard something similar. When you cook certain vegetables, your body converts it to sugar more readily. So when I was on Nutrisystem, something like broccoli would be considered "unlimited" if it was raw, and limited to one serving if it was cooked. I chose to ignore that. No one is going to get fat eating too many vegetables -- especially onions!

I count everything the same whether raw or cooked, and I hardly ever even count onions. I count any non-starchy vegetable as "1 serving" no matter how many tons of it I put on my plate. I've lost 30 lbs doing this. I wouldn't worry if I were you!!

I'm glad to know that I wasn't losing my mind as far as calories changing when some foods are cooked. Boiled eggs have a different calorie count that scrambled eggs. And you are right about the onions - when they are cooked and eaten, it converts to sugar. The Weight Watcher classes talks about all of this.

So, as you suggested, I won't worry about it. Thanks. :smug:

ma26
01-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I try to tell myself that I am in it for the slow loss. I KNOW that losing slow give sme a much greater liklihood of keeping it off. I think that breaking old thought patterns will take a little time. I've heard it before on here: "fake it till you make it", so I'm faking that I truely believe I dont need to lose weight quickly, and I believe that I will come to really feel that way :).

Well yesterdays calories were good, (on the cycling plan I have 1424 or so as lower days and then some with 1526 some with 1700+) My food choices were not, however, stellar. So hopefully I can keep with a lower calorie count again and add MUCh more veggies and fruits.

Breakfast- Coffee and oatmeal w/ mixed berries, flax seed. bee pollen, and organic brown rice protien powder, 1 large apple- 462 cals

loose seal
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
LA -- I've never, ever heard that about different calories in eggs or veggies for that matter in cooked vs. uncooked. Never even thought about it. How can a microwaved scrambled egg have more calories than a hard boiled egg?

I just go by what the packaging says or by what my calorie counter book (or on-line if I can't find it in my book) says. Seems to work.

-------------------

b: picante omelet, coffee, banana w/p. butter (wow, eating the banana w/p butter really makes this b-fast stick like glue! I ate around 9:15 this morning, it's nearly 1pm and I'm still not hungry.) - 400
finally got hungry around 2:30! - yogurt - 160; leftover pasta/beef (not much) - 200
d: small amount of steak, baked potato w/1 pitty pat of butter and some lf sour cream, carrots, 1/4 cup homemade vanilla pudding (oh homemade pudding is da bomb!)1 small homemade choc. cookie w/reeses p.b. chips (recipe on bag) - 800

Total: 1600

Little higher than I wanted today. Gotta try to stick it down to 1350-1450 the next few days to move that scale down.

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 02:34 PM
LA -- I've never, ever heard that about different calories in eggs or veggies for that matter in cooked vs. uncooked. Never even thought about it. How can a microwaved scrambled egg have more calories than a hard boiled egg?

I just go by what the packaging says or by what my calorie counter book (or on-line if I can't find it in my book) says. Seems to work.

-------------------

b: picante omelet, coffee, banana w/p. butter (wow, eating the banana w/p butter really makes this b-fast stick like glue! I ate around 9:15 this morning, it's nearly 1pm and I'm still not hungry.) - 400

I was wondering if there is a book that I can buy that includes the calorie count for all foods. I hate to have to keep searching online for what I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok, I think I'm going to be ok. Thanks to everyone for the motivation. If I was doing this alone, I would have thrown in the towel, grabbed a gallon of ice cream and oreo cookies and washed it down with a glass full of milk. BUT, since that's not going to happen, I think I have a few things figured out.

I understand that everyone is different and our bodies will respond differently to different foods. What I found out yesterday is that I need a breakfast that will "stick to my ribs" so that I am not starving by 9:00 AM. The usual cereal and milk was NOT doing it. So, this is what I had for breakfast this morning.

Breakfast
4 slices of turkey bacon - 25 calories per slice = 100 calories
2 scrambled eggs - 199 calories (according to 3 different food sites & Livestrong.com)
1/4 cup mozarella cheese - 90 calories

Snack - Oatmeal - 190 calories (was VERY filling. NO MORE COOKIES)

Lunch -
1 cup Weight Watchers Taco Soup - 134.2 calories
10 Stone Wheat crackers = 140 crackers
1 pack (32g) of peanut butter with dark chocolate - 170 calories (trying new brand)

Total so far = 1023.2

All of that in addition to my water, I am happy to report that I am stuffed.

The light breakfasts weren't doing it for me and I was starving and then binging on cookies and cookies and cookies at 9:00 AM. I replaced the cookies with oatmeal and I was still able to get a sweet treat.

The new peanut butter that has dark chocolate in it satisfied my chocolate crave.

I usually don't eat a dinner meal after work, so I will probably just have a fruit when I get off from work as a snack.

I think that I'm on the right track. I just had to listen to what you all were suggesting to me and finding what works best for me and NOT giving up.

I know that you all are probably tired of me saying this, but THANK YOU so much. I appreciate everything. :D

loose seal
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
I was wondering if there is a book that I can buy that includes the calorie count for all foods. I hate to have to keep searching online for what I need. Any suggestions?

Thanks

lol, the calorie counting book I use I bought in 1992. I mostly use it for things like fruit, veggies, meat, dairy, etc. ... things where the calorie count will always be what it is. A banana is a banana, you know? Otherwise I look on the package of what I'm eating or if it's something like a casserole that I made I figure the different ingredients in my head and approximate the calories.

Probably if you do a search on calorie counting books you'll find tons . . . Amazon might be cheaper or even a local books store.

loose seal
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
LA -- were the 2 scrambled eggs you had cooked in butter or something? Because according to fitday:

one egg white only, cooked = 16.4 cals
one egg yolk only, cooked = 60.6
Total = 77 cals

one egg white only, raw = 16.5 cals
one egg yolk only, raw = 60.9
Total cals = 77.4

On the egg carton it says 1 egg = 70 cals. (large egg)

I always go by the egg carton number. When I make an omelet I use 1 whole egg and 2 whites; I count the whole egg as 70 and each white as 15 for a total of 100 cals. for the eggs.

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
LA -- were the 2 scrambled eggs you had cooked in butter or something? Because according to fitday:

one egg white only, cooked = 16.4 cals
one egg yolk only, cooked = 60.6
Total = 77 cals

one egg white only, raw = 16.5 cals
one egg yolk only, raw = 60.9
Total cals = 77.4

On the egg carton it says 1 egg = 70 cals. (large egg)

I always go by the egg carton number. When I make an omelet I use 1 whole egg and 2 whites; I count the whole egg as 70 and each white as 15 for a total of 100 cals. for the eggs.

No, I don't cook with butter. I use Pam cooking spray.

I read that 1 raw egg is 70 calories.

loose seal
01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
No, I don't cook with butter. I use Pam cooking spray.

I read that 1 raw egg is 70 calories.

So if one raw egg is 70 and you use pam . . . wouldn't 2 scrambled eggs w/pam be around 150 rather than the 199 you listed? (I figure 140 for the eggs and another 10 or so for the spray). That's how I'd count it anyway.

I use a non-stick spray (Crisco) and never even think to add that amount into my cal count because it's so small.

loose seal
01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Ok the calorie counting book I use is called 'All New Fat and Sodium Counter with Calorie Guide', copyright 1991. It's paper back, about 100 pages. I've never, ever used the count they have on any convenience food because the convenience food has the calories on the package. Geez, for as well worn and dog-eared as the book is you'd think I'd have figured out this whole weight loss thing by now! :lol:

K9Owner
01-31-2012, 03:47 PM
WoW! Who knew there would be so much conversation over eggs :rofl:

I make FF Cheese Omelets many days for breakfast. 1 whole egg, 2 extra whites and 1/8c FF cheese (the cheese is 23 cals) for a total of 127 cals.
I don't specify how I cook the egg when I list it in MFP. I just list it as an egg. 1 lg egg=70 cals, 2 whites=34 cals.
I can see why a hard-boiled egg would be different cals though, b/c you don't have to eat the yellow center, making it fewer cals.

The same is true when I have uncooked meat. I weigh it before I cook it, unless I buy or have something that is already cooked. Meat is not the same in grams when you cook it as it is when it is raw, but the difference is minimal compared to the exercise I do. I defo don't sweat the small fluctuations.

I have made such a HUGE database in MFP over the past 9 months of regular food & now with the scanning option for my mobile device, going back to a book would be a big inconvenience for me.

K9Owner
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Geez, for as well worn and dog-eared as the book is you'd think I'd have figured out this whole weight loss thing by now! :lol:

:rofl:

Hey, also, I just thought about it and my precision digital food scale came with a chart for how many cals are in different fruits and veggies by how many grams you eat.

I always measure in grams, it's way more accurate than cups.

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 03:51 PM

I make FF Cheese Omelets many days for breakfast. 1 whole egg, 2 extra whites and 1/8c FF cheese (the cheese is 23 cals) for a total of 127 cals.
I don't specify how I cook the egg when I list it in MFP. I just list it as an egg. 1 lg egg=70 cals, 2 whites=34 cals.

The same is true when I have uncooked meat. I weigh it before I cook it, unless I buy or have something that is already cooked. Meat is not the same in grams when you cook it as it is when it is raw, but the difference is minimal compared to the exercise I do. I defo don't sweat the small fluctuations.

I have made such a HUGE database in MFP over the past 9 months of regular food & now with the scanning option for my mobile device, going back to a book would be a big inconvenience for me.

LOL @ conversation over eggs. :lol:

Queen Sarah
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
I count an egg as 80 calories. LOL. There are different sizes of eggs -- I usually buy extra large.

Today, Tuesday:
9:00 snack: Chobani Greek yogurt: 140
11:00 lunch: carrots, fat free coleslaw, NS pasta thing, Babybel cheese: 354
3:00 snack: pear, 2 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses: 161
4:45 dinner: Pradaboy quiche, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms: 305

Total so far: 1266 calories

It's so nice to have a team of four chefs who prepare dinner for me when I get home. George Foreman and Olive Oilsprayer teamed upon the vegetables, with a little help from Mrs. Dash (I'm sorry, I don't know her first name). And Mike Rowave, who is a little lazy, heated up some quiche for me.

LAgreeneyes
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
I count an egg as 80 calories. LOL. There are different sizes of eggs -- I usually buy extra large.

Today, Tuesday:

Total so far: 961 calories

More egg input! :lol:

K9Owner
01-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Ezekiel Bread w/1 tsp pb, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, SO Delicious Pomegranate Chip, Chips & Cheese Dip :nono: : 518
Cranberry Juice: 60
FF Cheese Omelet **How could I resist after all the EGG TALK??**, NOW Protein Shake: 457
Sweet n Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola: 411
TOTAL: 1446

Exercise: 439 + some walking at the hospital--going to be close to 650-700 by the end of the night.
Water: TBD

I seriously could strangle my hubby. I asked him 2 weeks ago, when the last of those dang tortilla chips were gone not to buy anymore of them. He remembers and hears things he wants to remember and hear. So, a couple of days ago, he waltzes thru the front door with 2 HUGE bags of On The Border chips & the BIGGEST cheese dip from Sam's that is sold. :tantrum:

He commented, "You have to LEARN to eat in moderation!" :devil:
If it were NOT in the house, I wouldn't have to worry about eating it at ALL!!

K9Owner
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM
LA:
Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs - 199 calories (according to 3 different food sites & Livestrong.com)

Snack - Oatmeal - 190 calories (was VERY filling. NO MORE COOKIES)

Lunch -
1 cup Weight Watchers Taco Soup - 134.2 calories
10 Stone Wheat crackers = 140 crackers
1 pack (32g) of peanut butter with dark chocolate - 170 calories (trying new brand)

Total so far = 1023.2

This is looking MUCH better to me!!! WTG dropping that cereal. I don't know why people think cereal and milk is a good choice for meals. You end up eating a ton of it before you're full. Then, in 2 hours, you're starving!

Queen Sarah
01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
WTG dropping that cereal. I don't know why people think cereal and milk is a good choice for meals. You end up eating a ton of it before you're full. Then, in 2 hours, you're starving!

This is true! Unless you have a cereal that is super-high protein, and I have only found two -- the Nutrisystem brand, which I sometimes find at Big Lots, sold in individual servings, and Kashi GoLean (NOT the GoLean "crunch"), which I have to weigh on a food scale and then put the box away. I wouldn't buy any other kind, or if I did, I'd be really careful with it.

panshrmu
01-31-2012, 08:28 PM
well, we went out to dinner last night as nothing in the house to eat. In Taiwan we have a hot pot. Sorta like an irol bowl that is set on a container that has some type of container with a small fire in it. Inside is your choice. So I chose beef. So there were about 4-5 semi thin beef slices, lots of cabbage and a few other things that well, I don't know the English for. I did not have rice or noodles with it all and only had like a small 4oz of Pepsi. I am guessing that it all was roughly 500 calories. Later that night had fresh squeezed lemon juice with a few dried plums in it and they added a little sugar.....guessing 70 (joys of not knowing this stuff.)

So yesterday,the guestimation is at 1662calories.....138under my goal.

Today I started out with Special K cereal
1.5 cup (is that 165 calories?)
.5cup low fat milk (55)
1 medium bananan (this is where I am thrown off....one place says 90 calories and one says 105)............

so breakfast roughly 310

NOW I see you all talking about cereal making you hungry and all.....great...well.... now I need to finish off the box before I do anything else!!LOL!!!

In Taiwan, you just can't get frozen diet foods and substitutions like you can other places, so well.....we'll see.

Queen Sarah
02-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Today, Tuesday:
4:45 dinner: Pradaboy quiche, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms: 305
throughout evening: Snacks: popcorn, NS dessert bar, Vitamuffin: 500

Total so far: 1766 calories

2200 calories burned so far today...

Queen Sarah
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Happy Groundhog's Day Eve!

Today, Wednesday:

Breakfast: NS cereal, skim milk, Morningstar Farms Patty, orange

Everything else, packed into a large lunch tote for the day (I'm on the go):
NS minestrone soup
2 servings fat free coleslaw
4 oz baby carrots
11 oz low sodium V8
TLC chewy granola bar
Chobani Greek Yogurt
Babybel cheese
string cheese
Zone Perfect bar
2 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses

Total of above: 1218

The plan is to have my usual evening snack, and I should get at least 3 miles of walking today.

And I'm tracking my water today. I've gone back to using my phone app, because I have been careless about drinking enough water.

LAgreeneyes
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Today's Meals

Breakfast
2 large scrambled eggs - 160 calories + 5 calories for Pam Cooking Spray

Lunch -
2 cups Vegetable Soup - 300 calories
7 Reduced Fat Triskets - 120 calories

Snack - Oatmeal - 190 calories
2 tbsp PB - 170 calories ______________ TOTAL = 1135 Calories

Not sure what I will have for Dinner. Maybe fruit or cottage cheese.

LAgreeneyes
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Does anyone drink the little powdered drink packets that you mix with water? Your thoughts on those.

LAgreeneyes
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM

I can see why a hard-boiled egg would be different cals though, b/c you don't have to eat the yellow center, making it fewer cals.

Your FF Cheese Omelet sounds yummy. I will try that because I love eggs.

loose seal
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
b: coffee, coffee yogurt, banana w/p. butter - 400
l: LC rice/beans and threw some leftover chicken in - 350
(too much running around today and I got back an hour later than I thought I would and was starving, starving hungry. The LC wasn't what I wanted -- too much sodium and I've been eating too much pasta and/or rice the past 5 days or so and the scale will not budge when I do that -- but it was fast and well, I was eying the cat crunchies as it was cooking so . . . yeah, overall probably not a bad choice!)
s: grapefruit - 75
d: steak, small baked spud, leftover carrots - 600

I feel like that scale isn't going to budge this week. Birthday in the house tomorrow (plus another run-around day for me) and homemade spaghetti (didn't I just say I need to stay away from pasta?) and homemade chocolate cake have been requested. Ugh, just shoot me. Sometimes I was I wasn't such a good cook/baker! :lol:

K9Owner
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
LA: Throw 3 slices of Oscar Mayer smoked turkey on that omelet & you have yourself 1 tasty meal! Also, I use Crystal Light Peach Mango Green Tea--weird, b/c I don't like mango nor do I like tea--but I really like that one. I usually drink about 1 or 2 per week if that, but I used to drink them all the time. I can use 1 pack for 2 bottles of water. If I mix 1 per bottle, it's too strong for me.

:wel3fc: panshrmu! So glad you have found us!! I look forward to learning more about you.

Sarah: That 4 chef concept had me :rofl: ! It seriously made my night to read!!

Seal: Man, I hate when a birthday party rolls around, especially one of the younger ones. They love junk food and CAKE! :devil:

LAgreeneyes
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
LA: Throw 3 slices of Oscar Mayer smoked turkey on that omelet & you have yourself 1 tasty meal! Also, I use Crystal Light Peach Mango Green Tea--weird, b/c I don't like mango nor do I like tea--but I really like that one. I usually drink about 1 or 2 per week if that, but I used to drink them all the time. I can use 1 pack for 2 bottles of water. If I mix 1 per bottle, it's too strong for me.

I'm going to try the Oscar Mayer Turkey smoked turkey. That sounds delicious. Thanks for the tip on the Crystal Light. :)

panshrmu
02-01-2012, 11:55 PM
yesterday I ended up with 1339 putting me 461 under my 1800 goal.

I am not sure how well to count though. Like for dinner, I made myself vegetable soup. Well, it had 4 cups of water and one chicken bullion (50calories), then I had 4 cups of chopped broccili, 1cup of chopped carrots and one cup of chopped tomatoes and added a clove of garlic, oh and one cup of cooked boneless chicken breast (I made the rest of the family curry and kept some meat for me). IT WAS GOOD!!! but only ate half of it and was stuffed!!! my guesstimation for it after searching was around 250 something (I can't find out where I wrote it).

Anyway, so far today breakfast killed me....522 :( but it was 4-5 hours later that I felt the urge to eat.

so far today:
682 calories.......

For me, my goal is not to go over 1800, and it is almost like a game to see how far under I can stay:-)......My . should be coming any day, so that isn't helping issues. Can't wait to see what Saturday holds as that will be one week of CC for me!!!

My birthday is March 12......is 20lbs by then too much? I don't want to set a goal that will put me up for failure. But I want to set a goal and if I meet it, then my gift will be the bike I want to start biking:cool:

K9Owner
02-02-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm going to summarize Wednesday's Menu and spare you all the intricate details, lest I tempt anyone! I worked 10 hours Tuesday night/Wed morning and slept almost the whole day Wednesday.

Wednesday's Menu
Turkey Waldorf Salad, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 387
Starbux Skinny Mocha: 110
JUNK: 230
JUNK: 650
JUNK: 370
TOTAL: 1747
547 OVER MY 1200 LIMIT!

After I FINALLY got out of bed around 6pm (1800), I cleaned my kitchen, then ran on my :tread: for 30 min and did 20 min of abwork.
Exercise cals:527

All the exercise in the world CANNOT undo poor food choices!

LAgreeneyes
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Today's Meals

Breakfast
2 large scrambled eggs - 160 calories + 5 calories for Pam Cooking Spray

Lunch -
2 cups Vegetable Soup - 300 calories
7 Reduced Fat Triskets - 120 calories

Snack - Oatmeal - 190 calories
2 TBSP PB - 170 calories____________TOTAL= 1135

I also found this link on this site that I can use for counting calories. I'm so happy about that.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/

Queen Sarah
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Today has been a weird eating day. I woke up at 3am, hungry and wide awake. So I had breakfast at 4am, and have trying to spread it out all day and not eat much. I am also having back pain, so no exercise today.

I have eaten 1590 calories....

Kind of the usual foods....

NS breakfast cereal, skim milk, egg, orange
Pradaboy quiche
NS dinner entree, spinach, carrots
NS dessert bar
popcorn
6 almonds
12 oz low sodium V8
Fit n Free pizza.
Pear

Hopefully that will be it, except maybe a couple of Hershey kisses.

K9Owner
02-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Thursday's Menu
Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 116
FF Cheese Omelet w/turkey, Fresh Pineapple: 212
NOW Protein Green Monster, 1/2 c Honeydew: 356
Processed JUNK: 685 :tantrum:
Total: 1369

Exercise: 306

Queen Sarah
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
I had a very sedentary day yesterday, on purpose, because of a hurt back and a lot of stress. Ended up with a 22 calorie surplus, which is basically breaking even. Boy, it makes a huge difference in how many calories you can eat when you don't move!

Today, Friday:

5:30 1st breakfast: NS Apple Strudel Bar, 160
10:30 Wendy's sandwich; I counted it as 540

Total so far: 854

Oh, I almost forgot to say! My weight this morning was a new low, 131. I haven't weighed that since about 1990. :)

loose seal
02-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Welp yesterday was just a busy, busy run-around day. Oven shopping, pretty sure we have it down to what we want but the salesman we wanted to work with wasn't in so we'll have to go back Sat or Sun to purchase. Totally looking forward to a range whose upper coils of the oven don't hang way down cause the cheap-assed thing broke ages ago and to a true flat top. No more 'one side of the pan is too hot, the other side isn't hot enough' Builders grade suckssss.

So even though a b-day was yesterday I came in around 1400 cals. Not too shabby.

b: picante/cheese omelet, banana w/p. butter, coffee - 400 (can't tell you how full this keeps me. Ate at 9:00am and never got hungry till 2:00pm).
l: greek yogurt, 6 small pretzel w/a small bit of cheese dip- 250
d: spaghetti, tons of sauteed veggies (put them on top of the pasta b/4 meat sauce), meat sauce - 500 tops
d: very small piece of choc cake (oh, it may have sunk to new depths in the center but boy was it ever good!) - 300 (no clue on this, basically guessing)

Total: 1450 give or take

Really not thinking I'm going to see any type of loss tomorrow, even though cals have been OP as has exercise. Sometimes these things happen.

Iwillbe
02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Just stopping in to say to loose seal, I love your avatar. Every time I see it I have to smile. I bet you have a wonderful sense of humor too! :) I check in on the calorie counting thread often to get ideas for meals. ;)

loose seal
02-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Just stopping in to say to loose seal, I love your avatar. Every time I see it I have to smile. I bet you have a wonderful sense of humor too! :) I check in on the calorie counting thread often to get ideas for meals. ;)

Annyong. :lol:

Did you see this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/arrested-development-new-episodes-cast_n_1241409.html?ref=mostpopular

Yessss!!!!!!

loose seal
02-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Ok, the growling stomach was not in the mood for eggs yet again. I actually weighed and measured my b-fast today.

b: coffee, roast beef sandwich on club roll w/mayo - 450

LAgreeneyes
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Breakfast
2 slices of turkey bacon - 50 calories
1 goose egg = 266 calories
3 small chicken eggs = 162 calories - 5 calories for Pam cooking spray
1 tortilla = 130 calories
1 tbsp honey = 44 calories
***I was only able to eat half of all of this. I was full. The other half will be eaten during my snack time.

Lunch -
1 cup Vegetable Soup - 150 calories
1/2 cup of cottage cheese - 90 calories

Snack - 7 Reduced Fat Triskets - 120 calories
1 tblsp - 85 calories________TOTAL= 1187 calories for my 1200 calorie day

Will drink water the rest of the day. I'm not hungry.

I'm really enjoying having a filling breakfast. This is so helping me because I am not hungry until lunch time. I also learned the oatmeal mixed with Peanut butter is also filling. I'm stuffed after eating this.