Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 1/6/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 1/6/12

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

bentley1321
01-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi there!
I am new-ish here..was on IP faithfully for 12 weeks..lost 33lbs..not sure what happened but IP went out the window..a little self sabotage on my part :( it happens..but I am back on..hopefully for the last time!
Day 3..I forgot the headache..lol..hopefully wont last too much longer!
Have a great day ladies and thanks for all the posts that show the light at the end of tunnel:)

kathleen711
01-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Hello, new here as well! I've been on ideal protein since this past Monday, please look at the topic I posted, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249869-new-ideal-protein-advice.html

canadiancandy
01-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Hello All :)

Hope everyone had a great on OP week and may i add THANK HEAVENS the holidays are behind us lol

I have my 4th weigh in 2morro and finally the scale at my center and the one at my home are within 2lbs of each other. My center has 2 scales, one weighed me like 60lbs less then my one at home and the other 24lbs less. While that was hilarious they were clearly off and this bugged me to no end (obsessive, i know lol). They moved the scale from the office floor to hard wood and it weighed me correctly *relief* ... How strange that it works in the office for everyone else except for myself. Go figure lol

P.s. For all the people just starting and talking about ketosis. Not everyone has the same symptoms. The average person achieves ketosis on this protocol within 3 to 4 days. I was ravenous for the 1st 3days, then got a nasty taste in my mouth the 3ed night, woke the next day with no appetite at all and those were my symptoms.

P.p.s. BTW Wuv i don't notice the taste anymore but i never leave my house without tic tac's, altoid smalls or cinnamon gum. I feel sorry for anyone who would to talk to me without them lol

amaliayosa
01-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Weighed in today after returning from vacation. Just placed an order from ideal to go. I am up 15 pounds since September. Went off track after surgery, then the holidays hit and bam! I am jumping back on today. I can't wait to have energy again, and start losing. So yeah, I'm back. I was just a few pounds to goal back in September, but didn't phase off properly. Lesson learned.

Bailey6
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Good morning! Started my round 2 of phase 1 on Monday. Still feeling hungry and have had a headache one day. Hard to tell if the headache was from the diet or stress from work. I have been doing bootcamp at a gym here in town. My trainer weighed me yesterday and she was surprised as to how much I've lost but my bodyfat has gone up within the past month. Possibly because I haven't really gone to the gym much over the holidays. My trainer told me my goal for this month is to lose 3lbs., which is nothing while doing this diet! I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

Beginning on day 5 of phase 1! Hope the hunger goes away soon!! Hope you all have a great day! ;)

mamacitaof2
01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning!!

Welcome to the restarters! And mamacita congrats! That's awesome!!

I think I might have just discovered the best thing ever, Cinnamon Roll flavored coffee. Hubby got a package for Christmas and this morning I was out of my pumpkin so I tried it, oh my goodness!! Yum!!

I also realized last night that IMO IP makes me look different. Maybe it's my coloring or something but last night I could totally tell a difference in the way my face looks (and I haven't lost enough weight yet to make a difference that way). I looked back like when I was first pregnant and glowing again, hubby even mentioned it out of the blue. Maybe it's the self confidence I have gotten from doing something good for myself but no matter what I will take it! Anyone else see themselves differently?

I also think I'm finally over the hump, I slept hard last night and when I got up this morning no headache and I actually feel ready to attack the day, instead of letting it run me over. That being said I need to get my butt off here and attack all the work I have been letting slip while I wasn't feeling well. Hope everyone has a great day!!

CutieEli
01-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

I hope everyone had an awesome IP day yesterday!! I sure did..and I am ready to have another one today! :)
I am on my 4th day on plan and I forgot how hungry I am in the morning...this is going to be a looooooong morning.:dizzy:

Yesterday I was reading a few posts where people were saying they were having vivid dreams and I had never recalled having any of them my first time on IP and last night geez louise did it ever hit me!!!
Do any of you know how long these types of dreams last??

Isn't this site an amazing support???? It feels great being back here and reading what everyone has to say. I am learning so much more this time around and getting new recipes to make this diet a not so boring diet after all :) We have to make the best out of it!!!

I hope you all have a great day on plan...YOU ARE WORTH IT! ;)

sandralosingweight
01-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Good morning! Started my round 2 of phase 1 on Monday. Still feeling hungry and have had a headache one day. Hard to tell if the headache was from the diet or stress from work. I have been doing bootcamp at a gym here in town. My trainer weighed me yesterday and she was surprised as to how much I've lost but my bodyfat has gone up within the past month. Possibly because I haven't really gone to the gym much over the holidays. My trainer told me my goal for this month is to lose 3lbs., which is nothing while doing this diet! I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

Beginning on day 5 of phase 1! Hope the hunger goes away soon!! Hope you all have a great day! ;)

Hello Bailey,

Doing bootcamp is very intense to be done while on IP (especially in the beginnnig of this diet), if you don't adjust by adding a pack a day, your body will be burning your muscles instead of fat and will hold on to your fat as a defense mechanism.

You can do mild exercises such walking, yoga and pilates, but bootcamp is hard and you have to up your protein intake.

Just wanted to share this with you, maybe you should tell your trainer that you are doing IP and explain to her how the protocol works and what you eat so she can adjust your exercise? Just a thought!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah. Yesterday, I felt so hungry, maybe it's because TOM is on its way out of town, I don't know. I tested and am still in ketosis, so at least that's a plus. I just feel like I want this to go faster or that I want to see more of a result. I know this is all in my head and I know that I am doing well, but when I think that I will be on phase 1 for a few more months, UGH. This morning, I tried on all of my jeans again, which I've been doing weekly for encouragement since I don't know how much I weigh. I should be happy that I fit into ones I haven't fit into for 2 years and that the ones that were new and always a little too tight are now getting to be wearable. I just want to sail through that size and go on to the next. I know it's a matter of 2 or 3 weeks before I accomplish that, and I just want them to fly by or wake up and be there already! I love looking at everyone's photos and tickers and recipes and posts--they are really getting me through. My fiance thinks I'm great and is telling me how proud he is, which feels good. I'm just having a bout of impatience right now. The good thing is, I am not tempted to cheat. I just want these days to go by more quickly :-)

Lorilou
01-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone! :flow1: I'm at day 6 and the fog has lifted :carrot: I feel really good today and am thankful I found my way to this program. My first WI is tomorrow morning and I am excited to see what I've lost.

I am having an issue with the sodium though. I am very sodium sensitive and find my feet are quite swollen by days end. Even my toes get a bit swollen depending on what I eat. I looked up the nutritional information and was amazed with the amount of sodium in some of the products. My coach said I will balance out but I am worried this will not happen. Has anyone else been through this?

:hug:

JKfromIL
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!

Congrats!

stolaf
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
NavyMommy - I posted a question to you in the alternative thread. If you have time, could you look and respond?? Thank you!!!

sekc14
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?

SewingMomma
01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Both my kids are sick, so it's off to the doctor for us. I hope that everyone has a good day OP.

Linden
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?

It's no wonder you're not losing, giving your level of activity and lack of calories. Your body's holding on to everything it possibly can to sustain itself. And if you're mucking out a stall on top of that. . . . Didn't you coach give you some instructions sheets that emphasized no exercise for at least the first two weeks and mild exercise after that? Can you discuss what you're doing with the coach and see if he/she can make adjustments, give you some good advice?

sandralosingweight
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
It's no wonder you're not losing, giving your level of activity and lack of calories. Your body's holding on to everything it possibly can to sustain itself. And if you're mucking out a stall on top of that. . . . Didn't you coach give you some instructions sheets that emphasized no exercise for at least the first two weeks and mild exercise after that? Can you discuss what you're doing with the coach and see if he/she can make adjustments, give you some good advice?

Hello,

I wanted to say the same exact thing! There is no wonder you're not losing. Your body will hold on to the fat instead of losing it at the level of exercise you're doing and with the very few calories you're taking.

Bellamack
01-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Don't sweat it, I am the QUEEN of slow losing, but I lost 35 lbs in 5 months on IP and am back to lose 15 -20 more. Many people doubled my loss in that amount of time, oh well, it is what it is. Stay with it and you will be so Happy you did! I guarantee it :)

Day 6 of restart and the headache is barely there, by tomorrow I should be wonderful (Yeah, its my 54th birthday)

mamacitaof2
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM

Maybe it's because you are building muscle? Have you measured yourself to see if you are loosing inches? or noticed a difference in how your close fit?

mamacitaof2
01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday Bellamack!

trimup2day
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone! :flow1: I'm at day 6 and the fog has lifted :carrot: I feel really good today and am thankful I found my way to this program. My first WI is tomorrow morning and I am excited to see what I've lost.

I am having an issue with the sodium though. I am very sodium sensitive and find my feet are quite swollen by days end. Even my toes get a bit swollen depending on what I eat. I looked up the nutritional information and was amazed with the amount of sodium in some of the products. My coach said I will balance out but I am worried this will not happen. Has anyone else been through this?

Woo hoo, I'm at day 6 as well. It is great to feel well again!!!

Good luck with your weigh in! Sorry to hear the salt is an issue for you.:^::^::^::^:

EmilySebetka
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it.:( I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!!

mrsmurphy
01-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey Everyone!

DAY FIVE OVER HERE! And holy cow, I feel great?! I'm not even hungry. I think I may forget to eat ?

I struggled last night when I was in front of such good food.. But today I woke up and my husband had a tray of pizza in the fridge from his dinner last night. (Now this is embarrassing to admit) BUT normally if i woke up and saw a tray of pizza in the fridge, i would eat a slice or two for BREAKFAST! What in the freaking world was i thinking? So, the thought to grab a slice didn't even cross my mind. If this is the way the rest of the days on this diet will go... I think I might be ALRIGHT!

EmilySebetka
01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Hey Everyone!

DAY FIVE OVER HERE! And holy cow, I feel great?! I'm not even hungry. I think I may forget to eat ?

I struggled last night when I was in front of such good food.. But today I woke up and my husband had a tray of pizza in the fridge from his dinner last night. (Now this is embarrassing to admit) BUT normally if i woke up and saw a tray of pizza in the fridge, i would eat a slice or two for BREAKFAST! What in the freaking world was i thinking? So, the thought to grab a slice didn't even cross my mind. If this is the way the rest of the days on this diet will go... I think I might be ALRIGHT!

I would do the exact same thing! Sometimes I even had three slices. Day 5 sounds awesome for you! Congrats!:carrot:

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I would do the exact same thing! Sometimes I even had three slices. Day 5 sounds awesome for you! Congrats!:carrot:

Emily ~ Don't forget about the hormone issues with IP. You really want to watch your BC because you can become extremely fertile. Not to be too pushy just heads up. You may also have your period change while the body adjusts to the diet. Glad to hear you are doing better with the foods. I love the choc and butterscotch pudding with cinnamon on them (thanks to Wuv's advice ;)) Have a great OP day!

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi there!
I am new-ish here..was on IP faithfully for 12 weeks..lost 33lbs..not sure what happened but IP went out the window..a little self sabotage on my part :( it happens..but I am back on..hopefully for the last time!
Have a great day ladies and thanks for all the posts that show the light at the end of tunnel:)

At least you are back with your head back in the right place for success. You can do it and you WILL do it!....do the salt trick for your headache, and it should be gone in 15-20 minutes :)

Great Job!!...you are headed in the right directions...those first fee days were worth it right?

Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah. Yesterday, I felt so hungry, maybe it's because TOM is on its way out of town, I don't know. I tested and am still in ketosis, so at least that's a plus. I just feel like I want this to go faster or that I want to see more of a result. I know this is all in my head and I know that I am doing well, but when I think that I will be on phase 1 for a few more months, UGH. This morning, I tried on all of my jeans again, which I've been doing weekly for encouragement since I don't know how much I weigh. I should be happy that I fit into ones I haven't fit into for 2 years and that the ones that were new and always a little too tight are now getting to be wearable. I just want to sail through that size and go on to the next. I know it's a matter of 2 or 3 weeks before I accomplish that, and I just want them to fly by or wake up and be there already! I love looking at everyone's photos and tickers and recipes and posts--they are really getting me through. My fiance thinks I'm great and is telling me how proud he is, which feels good. I'm just having a bout of impatience right now. The good thing is, I am not tempted to cheat. I just want these days to go by more quickly :-)

I have been on phase 1 for 35 weeks now, stop and think about that for a minute. It really isn't so bad and its not forever just for the time being to train you to be able to live the life you want too ....healthy. Patience is a will pay off, never rush, soak up the information you will learn, you will be so glad you did :)

How many packets are you eating a day?

Hello everyone!!

The IP puddings are amazing! There's so much pudding per packet, and it actually fills me up...awesome! Its day 3, and I'm starting to go through carb withdrawl...I can feel it.:( I'm just hoping I'll start ketosis soon so I can start losing!

A question-is mustard from a container (French's mustard) okay? We were told at the open house that anything with 0 carbs, fats, and sugars was okay to use, but I just wanna check with y'all. Also, what are these "miracle noodles" that people have been talking about? Can they be used in IP for phase 1?

Yes, you can have mustard. Yes, Miracle noodles can be eaten on Phase 1 they are 0/0/0. Can be found near the Tofu area in the produce section usually.

sekc14
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Don't sweat it, I am the QUEEN of slow losing, but I lost 35 lbs in 5 months on IP and am back to lose 15 -20 more. Many people doubled my loss in that amount of time, oh well, it is what it is. Stay with it and you will be so Happy you did! I guarantee it :)

Day 6 of restart and the headache is barely there, by tomorrow I should be wonderful (Yeah, its my 54th birthday)

Happy Birthday!!

I'm only swimming laps for 30 mins, about half mile so it's not a real hard workout. I'm hiking on weekends and riding too but only a few miles. The hour dailyworkouts were when I was 32 and dieting. It just seems like the body would have to burn fat for fuel without carbs? I do feel stronger and more agile. I need to swim as it alleviates arthritic pain. Either swim or pay $65 for a massage to deal with pain.

I should paste some links I've found about ketosis. One says that articulate sweeteners can interfere with ketosis.

Maybe I'm kin to the air plant and can exist on nothing?! Lol

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey Everyone!

So glad to hear that you are having a better day. It is amazing how it just sort of "happens" one day. You can definitely do this! I don't have cravings at all. I will admit there are times where the old habit of social eating tends to creep up but it goes away. For example ~ My families favorite meal is BBQ pizza and I would always eat everyones crust that they didn't (I know sad isn't it) anyways the other night I made it for the fam and I almost reached out for the crust out of habit but I wasn't craving it. Does that make sense? Just wanted to give you a "Happy Day" cheer for getting over the first hump. You are worth it!:carrot:
~Aimee

kbuhlin95
01-06-2012, 10:27 AM
I just restarted (day 5 today) and I've lost 8 pounds. That was all I wanted to lose as that's what I put on during the holidays (shame on me!). Just wondering, since I'm only doing Phase 1 for 5 days, should I do Phase 2 and 3 for one day each before moving on to Phase 4? My coach said that if I did Phase 1 for 2 weeks I should do Phase 2/3 for 2 days each, but I figured if it was only 5 days maybe 1 day of each would be enough to re-introduce the extra calories? Thanks!

rissimo
01-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone!!

Yes mustard is allowed as long as it is 0/0/0. Just google Miracle Noodles, they are 0/0/0 and are allowed on phase one. I have not tried them as of yet but hear that they take on what ever flavor they are being cooked with. Wuv says that they have a "fishy" smell once opened, but to rinse them alot and the smell will go away. I am going to check the Fresh Market here where I am to see if the have them, if not I am going to order some and give them a try.

:bday2you:Bella!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
So glad to hear that you are having a better day. It is amazing how it just sort of "happens" one day. You can definitely do this! I don't have cravings at all. I will admit there are times where the old habit of social eating tends to creep up but it goes away. For example ~ My families favorite meal is BBQ pizza and I would always eat everyones crust that they didn't (I know sad isn't it) anyways the other night I made it for the fam and I almost reached out for the crust out of habit but I wasn't craving it. Does that make sense? Just wanted to give you a "Happy Day" cheer for getting over the first hump. You are worth it!:carrot:
~Aimee

Last night my boys and I went to Pizza hut. They ordered a large super supreme pizza I ordered the salad bar. They both know how much I LOVE that pizza, so as they sat and ate their pizza and drank their sodas, I sat with my WF thousand island dressing bottle, bowl of salad with cucumbers, a few cherry tomatoes and brocolli with my glass of water with MIO in it. They both looked at me and said mom I don't know how you can sit there and eat just a salad. I said well, I am sitting here eating my salad watching y'all stuff yourselves. I am perfectly happy and content while y'all are miserable because y'all ate too much....lol...both of them looked at each other and said....she is right....lol...I said of course I am right AND I am soon going to be the LIGHTEST of the 3 of us not the HEAVIEST any longer....they said dang.....she is right again....OK OK mom we get it....we are going to lose weight with you now...and I didn't say a word....lol....we will see how long it will last....lol

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Yes mustard is allowed as long as it is 0/0/0. Just google Miracle Noodles, they are 0/0/0 and are allowed on phase one. I have not tried them as of yet but hear that they take on what ever flavor they are being cooked with. Wuv says that they have a "fishy" smell once opened, but to rinse them alot and the smell will go away. I am going to check the Fresh Market here where I am to see if the have them, if not I am going to order some and give them a try.

:bday2you:Bella!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

If there is a health food store near you they should have them if there is a refrigeration section. there are 2 or 3 different kinds of noodles, fettuccine, spaghetti and angel hair. I use the angel hair sometimes with my stir fry. I rinse mine out for like 5 minutes in cold water to make sure the smell comes out....lol....its bad!...lol

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Last night my boys and I went to Pizza hut. They ordered a large super supreme pizza I ordered the salad bar. They both know how much I LOVE that pizza, so as they sat and ate their pizza and drank their sodas, I sat with my WF thousand island dressing bottle, bowl of salad with cucumbers, a few cherry tomatoes and brocolli with my glass of water with MIO in it. They both looked at me and said mom I don't know how you can sit there and eat just a salad. I said well, I am sitting here eating my salad watching y'all stuff yourselves. I am perfectly happy and content while y'all are miserable because y'all ate too much....lol...both of them looked at each other and said....she is right....lol...I said of course I am right AND I am soon going to be the LIGHTEST of the 3 of us not the HEAVIEST any longer....they said dang.....she is right again....OK OK mom we get it....we are going to lose weight with you now...and I didn't say a word....lol....we will see how long it will last....lol

Amazing how easy it is to just stay OP when others are stuffing themselves. I told my husband this was the first holiday season ever I haven't walked away from the table feeling like I had a whole turkey in my gut, LOL! My daughter had her first birthday on Monday and we had cake and ice cream for her, I sat there and drank my hot tea while they ate it. I felt bad at first like, I can't believe I am not eating cake for my daughter. Then I was like, Hello! She doesn't love you because you eat cake or not. LOL. My 12 yr old kept saying Mom are you okay sitting here and not eating. I assured him I was. So Lisa I completely get what you are saying. I am so glad you are on this journey with me. You are such an inspiration! Oh and now my husband watched a documentary (that is his thing) and now he decided our family should be vegetarian and he doesn't think I should eat meat anymore. I was like well I haven't asked you to eat salads and veggies every day and I made a lifestyle change so if you want to go vegan go for it! So I am rambling...Have a great OP day! :hug:
~Aimee

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Amazing how easy it is to just stay OP when others are stuffing themselves. I told my husband this was the first holiday season ever I haven't walked away from the table feeling like I had a whole turkey in my gut, LOL! My daughter had her first birthday on Monday and we had cake and ice cream for her, I sat there and drank my hot tea while they ate it. I felt bad at first like, I can't believe I am not eating cake for my daughter. Then I was like, Hello! She doesn't love you because you eat cake or not. LOL. My 12 yr old kept saying Mom are you okay sitting here and not eating. I assured him I was. So Lisa I completely get what you are saying. I am so glad you are on this journey with me. You are such an inspiration! Oh and now my husband watched a documentary (that is his thing) and now he decided our family should be vegetarian and he doesn't think I should eat meat anymore. I was like well I haven't asked you to eat salads and veggies every day and I made a lifestyle change so if you want to go vegan go for it! So I am rambling...Have a great OP day! :hug:
~Aimee

Even your 12 yr old supports you that is great. Little changes like make a difference, you will notice they will start making different choices while they eat as well. I know my oldest lives with me and when we go shopping and I'll ask him if he wants this or that he says no mom, you can't have it and neither will I. He had loss some weight but with my youngest home for the holidays from college I "cooked" rice and gravy, things like this I don't normally cook. But he leaves to go back on Saturday to college so the routine will kick in again. I want to be at my goal by April 27th which will be my 1 year anniversary on IP. When I say the routine will be back I mean for him not me....lol...I have stayed in my routine!

Debbie64
01-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Happy Birthday!!

I'm only swimming laps for 30 mins, about half mile so it's not a real hard workout. I'm hiking on weekends and riding too but only a few miles. The hour dailyworkouts were when I was 32 and dieting. It just seems like the body would have to burn fat for fuel without carbs? I do feel stronger and more agile. I need to swim as it alleviates arthritic pain. Either swim or pay $65 for a massage to deal with pain.

I should paste some links I've found about ketosis. One says that articulate sweeteners can interfere with ketosis.

I really encourage you to go to the link wuv posted just today, Dr Chanh book and read chapter 15, about exercise. You really are making your body hold on to all the fuel you are giving is. Remeber Phase 1 is very calorie restrictive it provides only enough to sustain the normal daily bodily functions, not exercise even like what you describe. If you must swim for pain control speak with your coach she/he may encourage you to add another packet on those days. Increase the fuel and your body may not think its in crisis and let you slowly lose those pounds you desire.

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Even your 12 yr old supports you that is great. Little changes like make a difference, you will notice they will start making different choices while they eat as well. I know my oldest lives with me and when we go shopping and I'll ask him if he wants this or that he says no mom, you can't have it and neither will I. He had loss some weight but with my youngest home for the holidays from college I "cooked" rice and gravy, things like this I don't normally cook. But he leaves to go back on Saturday to college so the routine will kick in again. I want to be at my goal by April 27th which will be my 1 year anniversary on IP. When I say the routine will be back I mean for him not me....lol...I have stayed in my routine!

Oddly enough my 12 and 10 yr old have always been good eaters. They love brocoli, cauliflower, zucchini, etc all the stuff that most kids hate. So the transition really hasn't been much of a change for them. They are always asking me to make extra veggies for them at night when I am getting mine ready. So that is helpful. It will be good for you to be back in routine, funny how we are creatures of habit. I know you will miss your son like crazy though. Can't wait until April 27 when we can give you a big shout out!

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 10:52 AM
NavyMommy - I posted a question to you in the alternative thread. If you have time, could you look and respond?? Thank you!!!

Replied and posted you a question :) I didn't know that about fructose.

Hi Everyone,

Just think about those jeans. If you weren't on this journey then you wouldn't be any closer to fitting into your dream wardrobe. I have to admit, week 5 was where it got hard for me the first time around and I wound up quitting (I had other reasons too). The boredom settles in and you don't think you're ever going to be off IP. Looking back I TOTALLY wish I had stuck with it. I don't even remember the 'wonderful variety' of food I was so excited to have and now I still have all that weight to lose. Just think this time next year, you will be healthy, on maintenance and (responsibly) enjoying a wider variety of foods.

Yay for having the fog lift!! Today is day 5 for me and I'm feeling the same thing. I haven't had the issue with sodium that you mentioned, but in the past when I have had bad issues with water retention I have had to up my water intake to counteract it. How much are you drinking a day? If you're close to the minimum of 64oz you might look at increasing it.

How many packets are you eating? You probably need 4 if you're that active. Talk it over with your coach.

Both my kids are sick, so it's off to the doctor for us. I hope that everyone has a good day OP.

Aw :( Sick kids are no fun!! I hope they get better soon and you get some rest!!

Happy Birthday!!! What a great gift to yourself!!

Hello everyone!!

On my IP sheet it lists mustard as okay, I actually use it a lot in dressings and things even though I don't like mustard. I have never been able to find the miracle noodles, but I know some people have ordered them online. If you're looking for a 'noodle' substitute you might try making zucchini noodles. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good!

Hey Everyone!

How funny, I'm on day 5 too and actually forgot my breakfast. I already had the kids in the car when I realized I hadn't made up my drink to bring with me in the car. It wasn't a huge deal, I just made it up when I got home but day 1 it's hard to believe you will ever feel like this!

I just restarted (day 5 today) and I've lost 8 pounds. That was all I wanted to lose as that's what I put on during the holidays (shame on me!). Just wondering, since I'm only doing Phase 1 for 5 days, should I do Phase 2 and 3 for one day each before moving on to Phase 4? My coach said that if I did Phase 1 for 2 weeks I should do Phase 2/3 for 2 days each, but I figured if it was only 5 days maybe 1 day of each would be enough to re-introduce the extra calories? Thanks!

I would talk to your coach about this. If it's a particular number you're aiming for you might want to continue on a little bit. The reason for this is that you lose your glycogen stores first on IP and when you phase off, even if you do it properly, you're probably going to gain back a few pounds. Even though it hasn't been a whole week I would call your coach and talk it over with them and see what they say.

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
You ladies are doing great! Happy birthday Bella!! My son is 6 months old today-- I had the weirdest dream last night. We had a cake delivered and it had a big "1" decoration on it-- and even in the dream I was like.. "he can't be one ALREADY!!" so I sent the cake back. Lol maybe it was a little bit of me realizing how time flies when you have kids and the sending the cake back was how strong my self control has become? Either way, weird dream.

About the miracle noodles, as soon as I found out about it I asked my coach. They said no I couldn't have them. They are probably one of the stiffest clinics ever. They pretty much don't want me to use anything but packets and allowed veggies. No broth, no noodles, no nothing. I even asked if I could have that spry gum or the altoid smalls-- and they said no and to just chew on mint leaves.. Hahaha WhAt?!! Oh well.

I asked a question late last night about the vitamins/supplements, but no one has said anything about it. If no one knows for sure j guess I can bug a pharmacist and see I they could help me..

I start working again today.. Hope it's a good day. Have a great day everyone!!!

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM

Haha that's awesome!!! You go Wuv!!

~Aimee

That's funny about your husband. I get into phases like that too. That's awesome about your kids support, it's amazing how observant they can be!!

Pamelama
01-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Congrats! Great loss! :carrot:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
Good morning!!

Welcome to the restarters! And mamacita congrats! That's awesome!!

I think I might have just discovered the best thing ever, Cinnamon Roll flavored coffee. Hubby got a package for Christmas and this morning I was out of my pumpkin so I tried it, oh my goodness!! Yum!!

I also realized last night that IMO IP makes me look different. Maybe it's my coloring or something but last night I could totally tell a difference in the way my face looks (and I haven't lost enough weight yet to make a difference that way). I looked back like when I was first pregnant and glowing again, hubby even mentioned it out of the blue. Maybe it's the self confidence I have gotten from doing something good for myself but no matter what I will take it! Anyone else see themselves differently?

I also think I'm finally over the hump, I slept hard last night and when I got up this morning no headache and I actually feel ready to attack the day, instead of letting it run me over. That being said I need to get my butt off here and attack all the work I have been letting slip while I wasn't feeling well. Hope everyone has a great day!!I have been looking at the cinnamon roll coffee for my keurig and wondering... right now it is vanilla biscotti for now as my fave. I have been exploring flavored coffees since I got it and that is sooo a bad thing.

I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?Hey sorry to say but what everyone else said. You really shouldn't be exercising, the book really tells you why for a lot of things it is a good read and you understand so much better the why.

Hello everyone!!

I hope everyone has a fantasical OP day!! I love IP puddings, I make smoothies or shakes out of them all the time. for a change with your puddings, I add flavors Davinci sugar free wild cherry in the chocolate pudding is my favorite, but I have tried a whole bunch and add different flavors to puddings, also really like peppermint in chocolate. I have noticed that some of the food companies are not posting their nutritional facts on their product just a phone number to call... not handy when you are standing in an aisle looking at their product. French's is 0/0/0 and I HATED mustard before IP, I go through tons of it now, I make my salad dressings with it.
miracle noodles are fishy smelling what I do is pour boiling water over them and nuke them in the microwave for 2 mins than I drain them and let them dry out a little and use in stir fry or for a noodle and meatball supper.

Last night my boys and I went to Pizza hut. They ordered a large super supreme pizza I ordered the salad bar. They both know how much I LOVE that pizza, so as they sat and ate their pizza and drank their sodas, I sat with my WF thousand island dressing bottle, bowl of salad with cucumbers, a few cherry tomatoes and brocolli with my glass of water with MIO in it. They both looked at me and said mom I don't know how you can sit there and eat just a salad. I said well, I am sitting here eating my salad watching y'all stuff yourselves. I am perfectly happy and content while y'all are miserable because y'all ate too much....lol...both of them looked at each other and said....she is right....lol...I said of course I am right AND I am soon going to be the LIGHTEST of the 3 of us not the HEAVIEST any longer....they said dang.....she is right again....OK OK mom we get it....we are going to lose weight with you now...and I didn't say a word....lol....we will see how long it will last....lol You are so good, and you are teaching those boys what it is all about. continue the good work WUV.

doublebaby
Hey Everyone!

Isn't that an amazing feeling that you can just walk away without a thought? Well, a split second thought after the fact that "Hey, I just walked away and didn't want that!" Congrats...it does get easier but we still have to be aware of our surroundings.

Pamelama
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Had some significant "intestinal issues" yesterday, ie stomach cramps in the a.m. and several trips to the bathroom. The only thing I did that was different was eat the IP choc chip cookie the night before. I'm wondering if that was it? Anyone else have issues with the cookie? (btw, as far as choc chip cookies go, that did NOT satisfy a cookie lover, so I won't order again).

The other side effect of my morning discomfort was that I was in a constant state of hunger all day. I roasted a chicken last night and wolfed down 8oz like it was nothing. Feel much better today, thank goodness.

Rewarding myself today with a facial at a spa :D

Everyone have a happy Friday!

Pam

frazzledmom04
01-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Morning everyone. Well I knew I had a better week with all the running around for the holidays over but i never expected this good.WI #13 and 7.4 lbs and 5.5 inches! I had to get on the scale again because I couldn't believe the # I saw. haven't seen that since before I was married! I am loving this program. So all you newbies, stick with it!!!! The rewards and benefits are totally worth it.

doublebaby
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Today I am cleaning out my refrigerator and pantry from all the stuff my son didn't get around to eating while he was home on leave. He left a few days ago and while home wanted certain things he usually doesn't have in his barracks room. I can't wait to see all this stuff gone and a nice clean and 'mangaged" frig again. But I had to laugh as he said they were all being weighed the day after they got back from leave. Only the Marines!

lroderick
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh my, so week one (on re-starting) & yesterday was the WORST. On monday I came down with horrible 24hr stomach bug that I managed to get rid of, but left me with a nasty cold :no: My boyfriend avoided me like the plague, but unfortunately he got it yesterday & lets just say, men are FAR bigger babies then us woman are (jk, well kinda :dizzy:) And, even my little yorkie was throwing up?! I feel like my apartment is one BIG GERM. For some reason last night I was beyond starving even after I had my favorite bar!:( but I stayed strong, so I'm proud of myself. I'm hoping for a better day today ....

Hope everyone has a great weekend ; Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels !!!

P.S loving the new Mango drink !! 8-)

doublebaby
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Morning everyone. Well I knew I had a better week with all the running around for the holidays over but i never expected this good.WI #13 and 7.4 lbs and 5.5 inches! I had to get on the scale again because I couldn't believe the # I saw. haven't seen that since before I was married! I am loving this program. So all you newbies, stick with it!!!! The rewards and benefits are totally worth it.

Wow!! Congrats! Way to go!

doublebaby
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Had some significant "intestinal issues" yesterday, ie stomach cramps in the a.m. and several trips to the bathroom. The only thing I did that was different was eat the IP choc chip cookie the night before. I'm wondering if that was it? Anyone else have issues with the cookie? (btw, as far as choc chip cookies go, that did NOT satisfy a cookie lover, so I won't order again).

The other side effect of my morning discomfort was that I was in a constant state of hunger all day. I roasted a chicken last night and wolfed down 8oz like it was nothing. Feel much better today, thank goodness.

Rewarding myself today with a facial at a spa :D

Everyone have a happy Friday!

Pam

I have had the choc chip cookie with no problems. It certainly isn't the greatest but with a cup of tea it was ok.

scarmon1118
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Good morning all!!! WI today for me and I'm anxious to see what the numbers say! Gonna ask to get measured today too!! Almost at my 3 month mark and I want to see where I am!!! Hope everyone has a great OP day and a great OP weekend!!

Lorilou
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Woo hoo, I'm at day 6 as well. It is great to feel well again!!!

Good luck with your weigh in! Sorry to hear the salt is an issue for you.:^::^::^::^:

Congrats on reaching day 6 :carrot: It's all uphill from here! Good luck and stay strong! :hug:

Lorilou
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Replied and posted you a question :) Yay for having the fog lift!! Today is day 5 for me and I'm feeling the same thing. I haven't had the issue with sodium that you mentioned, but in the past when I have had bad issues with water retention I have had to up my water intake to counteract it. How much are you drinking a day? If you're close to the minimum of 64oz you might look at increasing it.

It does feel great to finally feel good. I knew it would happen based on what everyone here and my coach has said. I am drinking 64-72oz of water per day plus what I get in a large mug of herbal tea. Sodium has always been a problem for me and have spent my life doing what I can to eat lower sodium foods. I also take meds for it and that's not helping. I am going to have faith that everything will balance out and taljk to my coach tomorrow at WI.

Thanks for the support and good luck :hug:

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Congrats. You lost exactly what I lost the first two weeks.

Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah.
It's happened to me too at times on this diet when I feel like I have so far to go and how will I get through it. I then remind myself to just take it day by day and I always remember what I told myself when I started IP, "I can do anything for a year."

I had major issues with water retention when I started this diet. For a time I even gave up the soups and egg packets because of their high sodium content. I also gave up the sea salt, which my coach approved of as long as I wasn't getting dizzy at any time during the day. Now that I've lost 50 pounds the water retention issue is a lot better and I can eat the soup once again without my ankles blowing up like a balloon. Also when I was having these issues an increase in water didn't help me at all, it was lowering the salt in my diet and loosing more weight was what finally helped.

When I started doing cardio on this diet my weight slowed, my lean muscle mass went down and my body fat went up. My coach did tell me that whenever you exercise to have protein right before and as soon as you are done working out. Now I just do some light strength training every other day.

Hello everyone!!

My coach insist I eat the jello every other night for the collagen, but on the other nights I always eat the vanilla pudding with some cinnamon in it ( I make a milk shake out of it). My daughter who is also on this plan has become a mustardaholic since starting IP. Now we go through mustard in this house like crazy!

Hey Everyone!

Ketosis is a beautiful thing.

I asked a question late last night about the vitamins/supplements, but no one has said anything about it. If no one knows for sure j guess I can bug a pharmacist and see I they could help me..

I only buy the potassium pills from IP now.With two of us on the diet here in my house it was just getting too expensive. I now buy my supplements either online through Amazon or at Costco. I just found equivalents to the IP supplements.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I've not started this yet (not enough $$$) but I think the hardest thing for me will be resisting the urge to eat what the rest of my family is eating. We don't have a lot of money, and I have four younger siblings, so there's a lot of junk in the house.

My typical day in the realm of food goes like this:
B: Whatever I can find in the kitchen. Usually an egg sandwich.
L: Ramen noodles, hot pocket, pizza bagels or a sandwich.
D: Lately mom orders pizza a lot. Sometimes we have homecooked meals but it's junk most of the time.
Snacks: Whatever I can get my hands on.

I can't exactly get rid of everything I can't eat, so this will be tough. Also, resisting the urge to weigh myself every day will be an issue. I like to see results and step on the scale anytime I'm near it. x.x I might just not weigh myself but once a month.

MustangMolly
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Weighed in today after returning from vacation. Just placed an order from ideal to go. I am up 15 pounds since September. Went off track after surgery, then the holidays hit and bam! I am jumping back on today. I can't wait to have energy again, and start losing. So yeah, I'm back. I was just a few pounds to goal back in September, but didn't phase off properly. Lesson learned.

Don't beat yourself up over this. You are back on IP and that is what matters. I did phase off for a vacation and gained 6 pounds, however I have already lost 4 of them my first week back OP and the week isn't over yet.
Welcome back.

sekc14
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
2riderrollercoaster: What's the name of the book?

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the response Dana... Have you found an equivalent for the multi vitamin and cal mags? What are they called -- brand...?

abuck
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Good morning! I was having a ton of energy yesterday (day 3) and I was only hungry around 5 pm which a cup of hot green tea definitely took care of. Today I woke up just as energized so I checked with strips and I am in ketosis :carrot: I just planning on cruising along 100% OP until goal. I have cheated on other plans and it is too hard to get back on. I think this is a great group b/c the main message I have picked up on is DO NOT CHEAT!!!

abuck
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the response Dana... Have you found an equivalent for the multi vitamin and cal mags? What are they called -- brand...?

Naturemade on amazon are very close to IP. They come in a 3-pack. I have just been using a multivitamin that I had before b/c it has similiar ingredients and I hate to not use up what I already had.

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Great Dana!! Thank you so much!! (and just to be sure, it hasn't slowed or stalled your weight-loss ?) I really appreciate it :)

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I've not started this yet (not enough $$$) but I think the hardest thing for me will be resisting the urge to eat what the rest of my family is eating. We don't have a lot of money, and I have four younger siblings, so there's a lot of junk in the house.

D: Lately mom orders pizza a lot. Sometimes we have homecooked meals but it's junk most of the time.

I can't exactly get rid of everything I can't eat, so this will be tough. Also, resisting the urge to weigh myself every day will be an issue. I like to see results and step on the scale anytime I'm near it. x.x I might just not weigh myself but once a month.

Sounds like a carb menu. I had a similar situation. Lots of carbs and sugar and nothing else. If you make the committment to the program and follow it without cheating you will no longer crave or want the carb overload. You will be eating 4 cups of veggies everyday along with salads (romaine lettuce is the best). My initial consultation was $230.00 which included one week of packets (2 a day then you eat your evening meal) and I know pay $81.00 per week for a weeks worth of packets. I am still in Phase 1. It is expensive and there are alternatives you can use if money is an issue but a lot of clinics or coaches won't allow you to use alternatives if you are going to them. You may want to start detoxing now so you don't have such severe withdrawals when you start. Begin eating veggies (brocoli, cauliflower, etc no peas, carrots, corn) and drink lots of water (at least 64 oz a day is what my coach wants). Start ridding your body of the sugar and carbs now so it isn't so shocked. Good luck with your decision! It will work if you want it to. I would also suggest reading the 2 sticky notes on the main forum page. it is packed with tons of information for newbies like us. There is a daily chat everyday for questions. You are worth it!

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Great Dana!! Thank you so much!! (and just to be sure, it hasn't slowed or stalled your weight-loss ?) I really appreciate it :)

Actually that was abuck who answered you, but NatureWay is a good brand. That's who I use for my magnesium. My alternative supplements have never stalled my weight. I really don't see how alternative supplements could stall your weight. You just want a good quality brand more than anything.

apachewizard
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm new to forums so who knows where this comment will end up. I'm on my 3rd day on IP and thanks to this forum I'm not as weird as I thought. I've gone thru headaches and nausea and way bad fatigue. But I think today is going to be better. Thank you all for being there!!

Ishbel
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM

I read through all the responses and your responses back, can you add in another packet? Or some egg whites. It sounds like you need the excersise to keep the pain away...you should talk to your coach about making up for it somewhere so that you don't accidently put yourself into starvation mode and have your body hold onto whatever you give it. OR that you don't lose any muscle. Just my opinion though. I've only walked on this diet.

Don't beat yourself up over this. You are back on IP and that is what matters. I did phase off for a vacation and gained 6 pounds, however I have already lost 4 of them my first week back OP and the week isn't over yet.
Welcome back.

Hey Molly, did you follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off for a vacation? I'm off to Mexico in March, just researching what others have done and the results of taking a week vacation (or more if others have taken more then a week). Let me know?

I'm new to forums so who knows where this comment will end up. I'm on my 3rd day on IP and thanks to this forum I'm not as weird as I thought. I've gone thru headaches and nausea and way bad fatigue. But I think today is going to be better. Thank you all for being there!!

:wel3fc:

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Oops you're right.. Thanks abuck! I'm definitely gonna look into that. For lunch, I just HAD to try this pancake recipe using the crispy cereal. YUMMm!!!!! I omitted the vanilla because the brand i have contains cane sugar.. But I added a dash of apple pie spice.. Omgoooosshhh. I think I'll be eating this everyday. Would I get myself in trouble because of the pinch of baking powder and 1 egg white?

whirlygirl72
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone.. I'm new here too. This is day 5 for me and i'm down 3 lbs. I think that good right?
Anyway, THANK YOU for this site. I was feeling a wee bit hungry today and reading all these posts is keeping me motivated. The breakroom at my office is filled with donuts and cookies and I walked right by!! i also took a picture of myself in my bra and panties my very first WI so whenever i get hungry i just look at that, its on my phone.
:)

sekc14
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Ishbell, last week I ate additional servings of meat or an extra packet. The coach said that was ok but switch to fish or chicken, not have tenderloin beef and salmon like I was eating. I couldn't switch because I had already cooked the steak and salmon. So, I ate less of it, drank more water, and also had less WF syrup. I do need the exercise, I feel better with it mentally and physically. The scale at home went up 2#s after WI 5 but, now I'm up just 1 #. Maybe it is muscle gain because my clothes are not tighter, maybe looser or the same.

I kept closer record of everything on myfitness and will see how next week goes. Everything I've read says exercise is ok on ketosis

MustangMolly
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Hi Apache and welcome. you will be amazed at how much energy you will have after the first week.

[/QUOTE]Hey Molly, did you follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off for a vacation? I'm off to Mexico in March, just researching what others have done and the results of taking a week vacation (or more if others have taken more then a week). Let me know?[/QUOTE]

Hey Ishbel, I did follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off. I really pigged out on vacation too. Everything from sweets to alcohol. I did find that I was able to keep portions small, but I also found that eating that way made me sick to my stomach after several days.

On another topic... I just tried the new orange tangerine MIO, yum! I tried the Green Thunder and didn't care for it much, can't wait to try the Black Cherry.

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Ishbell, last week I ate additional servings of meat or an extra packet. The coach said that was ok but switch to fish or chicken, not have tenderloin beef and salmon like I was eating. I couldn't switch because I had already cooked the steak and salmon. So, I ate less of it, drank more water, and also had less WF syrup. I do need the exercise, I feel better with it mentally and physically. The scale at home went up 2#s after WI 5 but, now I'm up just 1 #. Maybe it is muscle gain because my clothes are not tighter, maybe looser or the same.

I kept closer record of everything on myfitness and will see how next week goes. Everything I've read says exercise is ok on ketosis

It's okay to exercise in ketosis, it's the low calorie count on this diet is what causes the problem. Does your clinic measure your body fat/lean muscle?

1FineChick
01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
FIRST weigh n lost 3.6 lbs.

Ishbel
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM

You can exercise in ketosis, it's the balance on this diet that will git ya! As Dana mentioned it's the lack of calories, just wondering if you could do lighter excersise. Swimming uses every muscle and I know I couldn't do it on this diet, but with your health implications you may not be able to give up swimming. Clothes being loser are a good indication.

I went for a walk over the holidays, a little faster then usual and a lot longer. I said to the VIP 'I'm getting tired' and he said "we're almost there" and I said "I think I'm out of calories".

You just need to find your balance. :) One thing, I used to 'foo foo' people who said they couldn't digest beef. Since being on this diet I TOTALLY GET IT! I love beef (steak hamburger etc)....but beef doesn't like me. It takes me a few days to digest it.

Extra meat has extra carbs...are you going to the loo enough (with the beef?). How many times are you weighing yourself? I put my scale away within 6 weeks so I wasn't in the vicious cycle of "how come it's not MORE!". (thanks 2Ride for getting me to put away - once again! lol)

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 01:38 PM

Great job!:carrot:

massconfusion84
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Hello there! I am super excited to find this thread! I am on day 2 of ideal protein. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I am REALLY REALLY hoping I can do that by Memorial Day weekend...so I can start the summer slim! Today I had a vanilla shake for breakfast and the broccoli and cheese soup (i did not like it) and 2 cups of asparagus. Last night I had a terrible headache and very fatigued. So I went to bed at 7 oclock. How long did this last for you guys? I am going to have to place my order in for next weeks food in the next few days. Can anybody make some recommendations?

segosia
01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

What alternative products are you using? Are you doing this on your own or through a coach at a center? I'm afraid it's all to expensive for me but I'm really interested in what I'm hearing!:?:

Lorilou
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM

I'm on day 6 and feel GREAT! You'll get there. Stay strong:hug:

Lorilou
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM

WOOHOO good for you :carrot:

Katied61
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM

:carrot:WTG :carrot:

1FineChick
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Are there NE medications that we should avoid OP. I'm having sinus issues. Took a cough drop last night and didn't think. It was sugar free but I'm not taking any chances. Please advise

Angelique06
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi there!

Welcome back, good for you making the choice to come back!!

Hello, new here as well! I've been on ideal protein since this past Monday

Welcome!!

Welcome back!!

Awesome!! Congrats!!

Happy Early Birthday Bella!!

Hey Everyone!

That is Awesome, breaking old habits!! Great NSV!!

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

I had my WI this morning and lost 3.8 lbs.
I am feeling great, struggling more with getting my water in which I wasn't before. My coaches' IP shipment got "lost" over the holidays and I wasn't able to get any of my main staples that I love to eat...it will be a different week this week.
Have a great weekend everyone and stay OP!!

Katied61
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Day 6 and doing pretty good. Enjoying the recipes and suggestions here and in the various threads. Helps make things easier. Have slept for 8 hours the last two nights, usually lucky if I get 4-5 straight. Hope this continues

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM

I can't exactly get rid of everything I can't eat, so this will be tough. Also, resisting the urge to weigh myself every day will be an issue. I like to see results and step on the scale anytime I'm near it. x.x I might just not weigh myself but once a month.you do what you can in your situation, do the best you can, even if you just cut back on sugar or you cut back on carbs you will probably see a difference. Good luck and keep us posted.

2riderrollercoaster: What's the name of the book? here is the link it is Dr Trans book that you can read online. Hope that helps.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

1FineChick
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Day 6 and doing pretty good. Enjoying the recipes and suggestions here and in the various threads. Helps make things easier. Have slept for 8 hours the last two nights, usually lucky if I get 4-5 straight. Hope this continues

I've been struggling sleeping through the night also. I'm on day 7. I hope my sleep cycle improves cause I'm already a little fatigued OP.

sekc14
01-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Danafromaustin, the clinic recorded the Tanita scale body fat at 36% on my initial visit. It seems wrong, too low for 5'4" 234. I will have them check it again on WI 6 which is Monday.

My pain issue is a herniated disc in L2 or around my hip. Swimming helps mobilize the tissues without causing inflammation. Horseback riding, walking, biking all tend to stiffen the area. The weightless movement in the water is my therapy. I devised my own method for breathing, kicking, tensing and releasing muscles during backstroke, freestyle, and breast stroke. I do it in a way that stretches the muscles so that I'm more flexible afterwards and the blood flows into areas that otherwise wouldn't get this movement.

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Congrats!!

Hello there! I am super excited to find this thread! I am on day 2 of ideal protein. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I am REALLY REALLY hoping I can do that by Memorial Day weekend...so I can start the summer slim! Today I had a vanilla shake for breakfast and the broccoli and cheese soup (i did not like it) and 2 cups of asparagus. Last night I had a terrible headache and very fatigued. So I went to bed at 7 oclock. How long did this last for you guys? I am going to have to place my order in for next weeks food in the next few days. Can anybody make some recommendations?For me I finally hit ketosis about day 6, but on average things start to pick up about day 4 or so. Not a fan of the broccoli soup. I generally eat the same thing everyday. A bar for breakfast, chicken soup or a RTD along with a salad generally for lunch. Dinner is of course our own food and a snack around 10pm which alternates between the jello (my coach makes me take that) and vanilla pudding which I add cinnamon to and make a milk shake out of it.

Are there NE medications that we should avoid OP. I'm having sinus issues. Took a cough drop last night and didn't think. It was sugar free but I'm not taking any chances. Please advise
My daughter took NyQuil last week without thinking about it and it kicked her out of ketosis. She found out it had corn syrup in it. She now reads all labels. ;)

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Danafromaustin, the clinic recorded the Tanita scale body fat at 36% on my initial visit. It seems wrong, too low for 5'4" 234. I will have them check it again on WI 6 which is Monday.

My pain issue is a herniated disc in L2 or around my hip. Swimming helps mobilize the tissues without causing inflammation. Horseback riding, walking, biking all tend to stiffen the area. The weightless movement in the water is my therapy. I devised my own method for breathing, kicking, tensing and releasing muscles during backstroke, freestyle, and breast stroke. I do it in a way that stretches the muscles so that I'm more flexible afterwards and the blood flows into areas that otherwise wouldn't get this movement.

The problem is those type of BMI scales really aren't the most accurate, but better then nothing I say. The machine my clinic uses measures your lean muscle, body fat and hydration level. Unfortunately a Tanita scale won't break down your lean muscle to body fat ratio.

pandamoose
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello Chicks, don't know what happened yesterday but glad it's over! I'm having a great day today, kept all my vitamins down :) My clinic does a detox foot bath and a machine you stand on that jiggles, as part of their plan so I will be going in for my first one tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that. My boyfriend is coming along as there is a seminar on IP that we are going to attend at the clinic. Well good OP day everyone!

panda13
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Day 5 here, and doing all right. Lunch today was yummy - made cauliflower couscous (1 cup) and stir-fried peppers, broccoli and celery, mixed in some tamari, curry powder, ginger, garlic salt and olive oil. Oh, and 1/2 packet of splenda. YUM! I'll definitely be doing that again! Had some chocolate pudding for "dessert."

My only issue is I'm HUNGRY. I know it's only day 5, but I really do hope the hunger passes. I'm probably taking in 1000 - 2000 less calories than normal though, so I guess that accounts for some of the hunger, right? :) I'm used to snacking all day long, so having just 1 snack/day is tough.

Having some tea now. Hope that helps.

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM

Hi everyone.. I'm new here too. This is day 5 for me and i'm down 3 lbs. I think that good right?
Anyway, THANK YOU for this site. I was feeling a wee bit hungry today and reading all these posts is keeping me motivated. The breakroom at my office is filled with donuts and cookies and I walked right by!! i also took a picture of myself in my bra and panties my very first WI so whenever i get hungry i just look at that, its on my phone.

Welcome to the both of you and good luck on your journey. Its going to be great, lots of support here :)

Hey Ishbel, I did follow Jennydoodle's thread for phasing off. I really pigged out on vacation too. Everything from sweets to alcohol. I did find that I was able to keep portions small, but I also found that eating that way made me sick to my stomach after several days.

On another topic... I just tried the new orange tangerine MIO, yum! I tried the Green Thunder and didn't care for it much, can't wait to try the Black Cherry.[/QUOTE]

Put a squirt of the Black cherry in your chocolate shake!!!....chocolate covers cherries here I COME!!!......or put a few squirts in your Vanilla shake, taste like a dreamcisle...DOUBLE YUMMY!!

OMG....ROLLER...I didn't even realize that was YOU!!....you look awesome!!!....WOW....that is all I can saw!!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a carb menu. I had a similar situation. Lots of carbs and sugar and nothing else. If you make the committment to the program and follow it without cheating you will no longer crave or want the carb overload. You will be eating 4 cups of veggies everyday along with salads (romaine lettuce is the best). My initial consultation was $230.00 which included one week of packets (2 a day then you eat your evening meal) and I know pay $81.00 per week for a weeks worth of packets. I am still in Phase 1. It is expensive and there are alternatives you can use if money is an issue but a lot of clinics or coaches won't allow you to use alternatives if you are going to them. You may want to start detoxing now so you don't have such severe withdrawals when you start. Begin eating veggies (brocoli, cauliflower, etc no peas, carrots, corn) and drink lots of water (at least 64 oz a day is what my coach wants). Start ridding your body of the sugar and carbs now so it isn't so shocked. Good luck with your decision! It will work if you want it to. I would also suggest reading the 2 sticky notes on the main forum page. it is packed with tons of information for newbies like us. There is a daily chat everyday for questions. You are worth it!

you do what you can in your situation, do the best you can, even if you just cut back on sugar or you cut back on carbs you will probably see a difference. Good luck and keep us posted.

here is the link it is Dr Trans book that you can read online. Hope that helps.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Thank you both for the tips! I'm going to begin reading the book shortly.

I'm going to be buying products from IP, as well as some alternative ones, I just have to pay for it on my own. Mom can't afford to send me to college (I graduated nearly 2 years ago), so I can work as much as possible with writing until I've saved enough for the first couple of weeks. I make about 15$/hour when I work 14 hours a week; it's just a matter of waking up early enough to write good articles. By February I should be set after paying my Self Employment taxes.

Should I be doing exercise after starting IP, or is it best to lose and tone after I reach my goal weight?

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the both of you and good luck on your journey. Its going to be great, lots of support here :)

On another topic... I just tried the new orange tangerine MIO, yum! I tried the Green Thunder and didn't care for it much, can't wait to try the Black Cherry.

Put a squirt of the Black cherry in your chocolate shake!!!....chocolate covers cherries here I COME!!!......or put a few squirts in your Vanilla shake, taste like a dreamcisle...DOUBLE YUMMY!!

OMG....ROLLER...I didn't even realize that was YOU!!....you look awesome!!!....WOW....that is all I can saw!!!![/QUOTE]Thanks WUV, I still look at it and go that isn't me... funny what makeup and hair can do...
Sent it to my brother with a before and after and he couldn't believe it either. It was a fun day getting all dressed up, hey how is your pandora bracelet doing? all full now? I will have to take a picture of mine and post it... My friend did an excellent job with it, I love it now I have to find more places to wear it.
Happy Friday all.

MustangMolly
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4159772]....Put a squirt of the Black cherry in your chocolate shake!!!....chocolate covers cherries here I COME!!!......or put a few squirts in your Vanilla shake, taste like a dreamcisle...DOUBLE YUMMY!!

QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, Wuv, I will be having dreamcicle pudding tonight for my late snack.

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks WUV, I still look at it and go that isn't me... funny what makeup and hair can do...
Sent it to my brother with a before and after and he couldn't believe it either. It was a fun day getting all dressed up, hey how is your pandora bracelet doing? all full now? I will have to take a picture of mine and post it... My friend did an excellent job with it, I love it now I have to find more places to wear it.
Happy Friday all.[/QUOTE]

Its getting there that is for sure! the boys added a monkey and a pig for Christmas and my mom bought me 2 stoppers!...Maybe once I am done I will get a friend to do a photo shoot for me...haha...if they had a glamour shots around here I think I would go there and get them done!

ptod
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I missed my WI this past Wednesday. :(

I don't eat before my morning WI, so I was packing up my omelet and getting ready to go to my appointment when I felt some of the worst pain I have ever felt. I had wicked spasms in my lower back that caused my knees to nearly buckle. I really thought I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. Luckily I was able to call my DH who raced home (bad hubby for speeding) and ended up at the ER. double :(

I was t-boned in a car accident 2 years ago and have been dealing with hip & lower back pain since then, but nothing this bad since the actual accident. I was able to talk the staff out of peeing in a cup - I knew I would either get stuck on the toilet or get more pee on me than in the cup. :D (I know docs think kidney issue with lower back pain). I wanted to ask if I could just pee in the bed, but it hurt to laugh.

I must be the only person who gets a morphine shot in the butt and it has no effect except my face flushed. :?: So morphine, another shot in the arm of something I can't remember, nausea medicine and 2 percocet - I was let go still in serious pain armed with scripts for more percocet, large dose Motrin & a muscle relaxer.

DH is a keeper. He settled me in a chair & warmed up my omelet (finally got to eat breakfast at noon). He ran back out to get scripts, borrow a raised toilet seat & even picked up my IP order. For dinner he made me big mac in a bowl! Yes, a keeper!

I am happy to report that I go out of bed all by myself this morning! Yea me! :cp:

Wow I have a lot of catching up to do on the board! Be back later!

Lakewood
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I missed my WI this past Wednesday. :(

I don't eat before my morning WI, so I was packing up my omelet and getting ready to go to my appointment when I felt some of the worst pain I have ever felt. I had wicked spasms in my lower back that caused my knees to nearly buckle. I really thought I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time. Luckily I was able to call my DH who raced home (bad hubby for speeding) and ended up at the ER. double :(

I was t-boned in a car accident 2 years ago and have been dealing with hip & lower back pain since then, but nothing this bad since the actual accident. I was able to talk the staff out of peeing in a cup - I knew I would either get stuck on the toilet or get more pee on me than in the cup. :D (I know docs think kidney issue with lower back pain). I wanted to ask if I could just pee in the bed, but it hurt to laugh.

I must be the only person who gets a morphine shot in the butt and it has no effect except my face flushed. :?: So morphine, another shot in the arm of something I can't remember, nausea medicine and 2 percocet - I was let go still in serious pain armed with scripts for more percocet, large dose Motrin & a muscle relaxer.

DH is a keeper. He settled me in a chair & warmed up my omelet (finally got to eat breakfast at noon). He ran back out to get scripts, borrow a raised toilet seat & even picked up my IP order. For dinner he made me big mac in a bowl! Yes, a keeper!

I am happy to report that I go out of bed all by myself this morning! Yea me! :cp:

Wow I have a lot of catching up to do on the board! Be back later!

Hope you're better soon. I feel your pain (thankfully, not often!). DH is a keeper - don't farm him out, you may never get him back! :smug:

Lakewood
01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Day 5 here, and doing all right. Lunch today was yummy - made cauliflower couscous (1 cup) and stir-fried peppers, broccoli and celery, mixed in some tamari, curry powder, ginger, garlic salt and olive oil. Oh, and 1/2 packet of splenda. YUM! I'll definitely be doing that again! Had some chocolate pudding for "dessert."

My only issue is I'm HUNGRY. I know it's only day 5, but I really do hope the hunger passes. I'm probably taking in 1000 - 2000 less calories than normal though, so I guess that accounts for some of the hunger, right? :) I'm used to snacking all day long, so having just 1 snack/day is tough.

Having some tea now. Hope that helps.

You can try an extra pack, or increase the veggies. I snack on celery everyday - helps a lot. I was hungry the 1st few days along with feeling like I got hit by a truck! But once I was over the hump, it was amazing! You'll get there.

frazzledmom04
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Oops you're right.. Thanks abuck! I'm definitely gonna look into that. For lunch, I just HAD to try this pancake recipe using the crispy cereal. YUMMm!!!!! I omitted the vanilla because the brand i have contains cane sugar.. But I added a dash of apple pie spice.. Omgoooosshhh. I think I'll be eating this everyday. Would I get myself in trouble because of the pinch of baking powder and 1 egg white?

I have had the cereal pancake everyday for about 3 weeks now and I haven't had any problems using that little bit of baking powder. Its the syrups and the jams(if you use any) that you have to be careful with.

2Poles1Girl
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Had another WI and I'm down again, yay. The diet itself is going well enough, I'm flying through the jeans, but I'm SUPER tired of having TOM more often than not....so frustrating. I know the reasoning behind it and I'm happy to be losing the estrogen ridden fat cells, but come ON! I really can't imagine doing this for another 4 months. Its hard to accept it.

So I'm heading out for vacation next Tues and I plan to have a couple cheats. Its funny how the closer it gets, the more I'm backing away from the idea. I was so gung-ho for a tamale last month, but I'm starting to back peddle. Especially after reading that "don't cheat" thread. Scary. And how WEIRD for me...when have I EVER been reluctant to indulge, ha!

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I have been looking at the cinnamon roll coffee for my keurig and wondering... right now it is vanilla biscotti for now as my fave. I have been exploring flavored coffees since I got it and that is sooo a bad thing.

Haha I know what you mean. I LOVE all the different flavored coffees in my Keurig, especially an iced french Vanilla with some EAS Vanilla for creamer, YUMMO!! Makes a great afternoon snack / pick me up.

Thanks WUV, I still look at it and go that isn't me... funny what makeup and hair can do...
Happy Friday all.

Its getting there that is for sure! the boys added a monkey and a pig for Christmas and my mom bought me 2 stoppers!...Maybe once I am done I will get a friend to do a photo shoot for me...haha...if they had a glamour shots around here I think I would go there and get them done!

How fun Roller!! I have a photo shoot booked for April because that's the only time the photographer is going to be in town. I'm going all out and getting hair and makeup done and everything. I don't think I'll be quite at goal yet but I'll be close enough, and I love this woman's work so I really want her to do it, I think she'll make me look good.

Wuv, you SO need to do it!! I did Glamor Shots a few years ago with my SIL and we had a blast! You also might be able to find a budding photographer who is trying to get their business started and will give you a deal. You can also go to the Clinique counter at the mall and they'll do your makeup for you.

This time, I'm planning on doing it for hubby who will be on deployment at the time, so he doesn't forget what he has waiting on him at home ;) This is the first time he'll be coming home to a skinny wife, I was way overweight the first time, and the second time I had just had a baby.

ptod - Yikes!! Hope you're feeling better today! And you're right your hubby is a keeper. I remember how important it was when I really realized that my hubby was behind me on this diet and believed I could do it. We were heading home late from church unexpectedly and starving and begging him to pull through a drive through for me (he and the kids ate at church) and when we got home he told me to take a hot bath, threw the kids in bed for me and when I got out had my dinner ready for me. It makes a huge difference to have support (and a cheerleader!!) at home.

sandralosingweight
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh my God!

On page 7 already on the daily thread, lol... it is getting harder and harder to keep up, trying though :)

It is good to see this many people on this plan.

kdspirited
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Happy Friday everyone. I am on day 2 of the program and have lost 5lbs already. I am that much closer to pushing through to my ultimate goal this time. i need to loose 15lbs more.
I have given myself till the end of feb to achieve that goal. Seems so far away. In two weeks I am off to Paris for business and have promised myself not to indulge even if it means locking myself up in my hotel room :D

Linden
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Happy Friday everyone. I am on day 2 of the program and have lost 5lbs already. I am that much closer to pushing through to my ultimate goal this time. i need to loose 15lbs more.
I have given myself till the end of feb to achieve that goal. Seems so far away. In two weeks I am off to Paris for business and have promised myself not to indulge even if it means locking myself up in my hotel room :D

Good thing: you shouldn't be charged for breakfast. Breakfast: croissant or roll and butter plus coffee. NOT a protein-laden breakfast. Take lots of packets. Really good thing: French lunches are NOT heavy on carbs or fat, if you're careful. You should be able to get lots of protein and vegetables.

Linden
01-06-2012, 05:14 PM

That is so, NO, so, so, awful. You joke; but the pain. I really hope things are a little better.

abuck
01-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I have had the cereal pancake everyday for about 3 weeks now and I haven't had any problems using that little bit of baking powder. Its the syrups and the jams(if you use any) that you have to be careful with.

Maybe I'm just a really bad cook but when I tried to make the cereal pancake they burned before I could blink. (I used the same heat as when I made regular pancakes) I tried again with much lower heat and they were very "ehh" I think I might try again in a week or two when my tastebuds have adjusted again ;)

Glad everyone else likes them tho

abuck
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
The energy I've had yesterday and today is amazing. I've been running and dancing around the house with my 20 month-old daughter. I haven't even needed a nap! I do think we have a young IP fan. She really really wants me to share my shakes and puffs, lol. I have been making her up veggies and protein at dinner and she loves to eat what I am. Makes me realize that this change will affect more than me.

trimup2day
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Black cherry MIO? Omg, yummers.

Please do tell where we can purchase it? When I googles it, black cherry wasn't listed. Any other favorite flavors?

Can we have a drop in every glass of water?

Thanks a bunch!

SeaGal1
01-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Day 6…feeling great and the hunger pains and cravings are over however the only think I can think about is that I don’t get to partake in my ritual Friday night pizza and I’m actually sad about it! I feel frustrated that I’m ‘sad’ about not being able to eat the food that contributed to my weight problem and put me in this spot. Do those feelings go away?

ptod
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Is this the same as when I just look at good food I gain weight? :D

mrsmurphy
01-06-2012, 06:03 PM
~Aimee

I know exactly what you mean. I realized a lot in this first week. I realized that MOST of the time I was eating was out of habit, I was bored or it was in front of me. I've caught myself so many times reaching for the pretzels, pizza, chips. I used to walk into the main office at my job and usually there are bags of chips, pretzels or little munching type foods and I wouldn't even be hungry I would just dig in because it was there.

Pxlkitty4
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
WUV, I still look at it and go that isn't me... funny what makeup and hair can do...
Happy Friday all.

ROLLER -- you look like a million bucks! You're a new woman! Wow!

mrsmurphy
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Day 6Öfeeling great and the hunger pains and cravings are over however the only think I can think about is that I donít get to partake in my ritual Friday night pizza and Iím actually sad about it! I feel frustrated that Iím Ďsadí about not being able to eat the food that contributed to my weight problem and put me in this spot. Do those feelings go away?

I get the same way... Everytime I've tried a diet I always get depressed in the beginning. I had a day this week where I was sad and depressed about not being able to eat what everyone else eats. But, for some reason, between this site and the money i've spent on ordering food, I can't imagine giving in anytime soon so i just deal with the sadness and know it will be worth it when i'm rockin 140 pounds.

dinki
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
WI today. Loss of 2.4 pounds.. So excited this is weigh in 5 with 15 pounds gone..feeling great no hunger..easy to stick to this!!

Pxlkitty4
01-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Day 6Öfeeling great and the hunger pains and cravings are over however the only think I can think about is that I donít get to partake in my ritual Friday night pizza and Iím actually sad about it! I feel frustrated that Iím Ďsadí about not being able to eat the food that contributed to my weight problem and put me in this spot. Do those feelings go away?

Be prepared and make it about people, not food. Those feelings do go away for the most part once you realize that you can still socialize without eating the food.

I know exactly what you mean. I realized a lot in this first week. I realized that MOST of the time I was eating was out of habit, I was bored or it was in front of me. I've caught myself so many times reaching for the pretzels, pizza, chips. I used to walk into the main office at my job and usually there are bags of chips, pretzels or little munching type foods and I wouldn't even be hungry I would just dig in because it was there.

This is a huge accomplishment. Most people eat out of reasons related to anger, loneliness, or being tired. if you only eat when you are hungry, it's half the battle.

SeaGal1
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I get the same way... Everytime I've tried a diet I always get depressed in the beginning. I had a day this week where I was sad and depressed about not being able to eat what everyone else eats. But, for some reason, between this site and the money i've spent on ordering food, I can't imagine giving in anytime soon so i just deal with the sadness and know it will be worth it when i'm rockin 140 pounds.

Thanks for the encouragement! It so tough for me to break these old bad habits. Iím traveling next week and Iím already thinking about how Iím going to have to turn down that warm yummy cookie at check-in. Iíve never thought about food this much!

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Abuck-- are you using the "milk" in the cereal too? I was able to make 3 small-medium sized pancakes. I doctored it up to my taste -- only one egg white, about a half a teaspoon of baking powder, apple pie spice, dash of cinnamon, oh and I also added about an oz or two of water. Medium heat on my stove. Definitely top 3 favorite things on IP right now.

kbkwright
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello everyone!!

I suggest your buy the miracle noodles! I couldn't find them at a store in my area so I just ordered them online at the miracle noodle website. I purchased the fettuccini noodles because they were out of the angel hair. They do have a different texture that you have to get used to and yes they do smell fishy, but that smell goes away after you cook them and run them under water as wuv said. I think I will get the angel hair next time because that might help the texture issue due to the thickness of the fettuccini. I think they also have a type of rice on the website Ė I canít recall 100% because I bought them last spring!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am glad to see everyone doing so well! I have only been back on IP for 4 days and my clothes already seem to be fitting better! Keep up the great work everyone! ;)

ptod
01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Hope you're better soon. I feel your pain (thankfully, not often!). DH is a keeper - don't farm him out, you may never get him back! :smug:

ptod - Yikes!! Hope you're feeling better today! And you're right your hubby is a keeper. I remember how important it was when I really realized that my hubby was behind me on this diet and believed I could do it. We were heading home late from church unexpectedly and starving and begging him to pull through a drive through for me (he and the kids ate at church) and when we got home he told me to take a hot bath, threw the kids in bed for me and when I got out had my dinner ready for me. It makes a huge difference to have support (and a cheerleader!!) at home.

I am feeling better all the time. Thanks for the well wishes. Today the medicine didn't cause me to nod off mid-sentence, but I still am not able to do this.... :dance:

Due to the trip to the ER, there is 1 less secret between us. The intake nurse asked the standard questions - current meds, any allergies, etc. Then the question I knew was coming - do you know your current weight? I almost said "yes, thank you for asking", but I answered him honestly. Gulp - now DH knows. I know DH doesn't care about the number, but it was still hard to say in front of him. So I am going to forget that happened and remember DH saying a few days ago that I was melting away. :D

NavyMommy - you have your own keeper of a DH - please thank him for me for his service and here is a :hug: for you. My DH was Navy - 4 months after we married, he left on a 6 month deployment. Getting photos done is a great idea for him & you too! Plus a wow of a homecoming to look forward to! :o

Gardengurl71
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Hello all...I am on day 9 and have been extremely hungry all day( more hungry than any other day so far) My stomach has been growling all day. I have no cravings or desire to cheat---my body is just physically hungry. I am following the plan rigidly...exactly as written. Is this normal ??? I emailed the clinic where I go for IP but with the weekend coming I knew I wouldn't get a response. Is it possible I am not in ketosis??? Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do about it? :?:Thanks, Alicia

Bellamack
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the early B-day wishes, it is tomorrow the 7th, it is my brother's birthday too, but her is 1 yr. older. We are going to Ithaca with friends to eat Thai food, hmmmm no rice or curry, I guess stir-fry with veggies.

It feels like midnight to me, tired..... maybe I will sleep good tonite :)xc

Bellamack
01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
he. he is a he. I am tired.

gs463
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Today was my first day on IP and I must say it went pretty well. I was worried about head aches and feeling bad but so far so good.
Evening is the toughest time for me so I am trying to stay busy and read posts to keep my mind off food.
I was started on the Alternative plan for a week to a week and a half. I hope I still lose this week and that the extra calories/foods don't mess me up.

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello all...I am on day 9 and have been extremely hungry all day( more hungry than any other day so far) My stomach has been growling all day. I have no cravings or desire to cheat---my body is just physically hungry. I am following the plan rigidly...exactly as written. Is this normal ??? I emailed the clinic where I go for IP but with the weekend coming I knew I wouldn't get a response. Is it possible I am not in ketosis??? Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do about it? :?:Thanks, Alicia

Alicia ~ It was 15 days before I was not growling all the time in between meals, right after meals. It was very difficult. I had to drink a lot of herbal tea. It also helped to eat 1 cup veggies at lunch then I had 1 cup at snack. Hang in there! Believe me it gets easier. I am not famished by the next meal anymore and I am not constantly thinking about food. I was literally watching the clock for the next meal in the beginning. You will get through it!
~Aimee

IPlog
01-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I want to be at my goal by April 27th
It has been quite an adventure trying to read your posts!
I started in the "LA/MS" forum. (Lafayette)

I have a question that you and the other veterans may have crossed........
On Nov 2, I bought a pair of pants (20) that were very snug but did zip. Nov 3, I started IP (241#). Last WI (217#)....sounds great... but.... remember those new pants.... I cannot even come close to getting them zipped.
Already done... no liquids with food, warm liquid 1/2hr before eating. 100+ oz water every day. Cut out broccoli. Rationing Splenda and WF. Only use cinnamon, Benoit's Best (no msg, no salt, no preservatives as in Tony's), black pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder as additional seasoning. Real Salt and EVOO measured out every morning and I swallow any remaining every night. On days I dance, I add another packet or a boiled egg (or 1/4 egg whites).
Coach says... no exercise, but... I gotta dance!
Losing slowly every week (including Thx, Xmas, NY)... but... my measurements are INCREASING everywhere except arms and thighs! I'm in size 22 now.

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Funny how eating out takes on a whole different meaning for me now. It used to be my social time. I enjoyed seeing people and talking with my husband while eating crackers, bread, etc. Tonight my husband and I had a date night and it was really not enjoyable for me. I got chicken and a double order of veggies but the "enjoyment" was gone for me. I told him I would rather go somewhere together and not eat out like the movies. I like having my eating routine at home. You guys know what I mean?

Gardengurl71
01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
4kiddos--Thanks so much Aimee for the pep talk! I thought maybe I was doing it wrong because I was so hungry!!!!! :) Alicia

4kiddos
01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
4kiddos--Thanks so much Aimee for the pep talk! I thought maybe I was doing it wrong because I was so hungry!!!!! :) Alicia

No problem Alicia! LOL, I thought the exact same thing because everyone was like 5 days and I feel great and I was thinking I am soooo hungry! So hang in there! I have my 4th WI this Monday and it really does get easier. Just make sure you get in all your requirements every day and don't cheat. It is not worth it! You can do it!:hug:
~Aimee

Jag23
01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi guys. I'm on day 3 .Have a headahe and have been feeling hungry today. Does it matter what veggie you ete? I had a large salad,but munched on mushroom throughout the day to curve my hunger. Overall I am enjoying the food packets and even tried a recipe that someone posted. I know that week one might be the hardest,but I am determined to make this work. All the best :carrot:

GloverParker
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! It so tough for me to break these old bad habits. Iím traveling next week and Iím already thinking about how Iím going to have to turn down that warm yummy cookie at check-in. Iíve never thought about food this much!

Funny you say that about traveling -- in the 25 days I've been on this protocol, I've been traveling for about 17 and what's amazed me the most is how MUCH food is constantly around. People - not friends, just folks doing their jobs - seem astonished and a little offended as I keep turning down the parade of food that is on offer. I'm a little astonished myself at how easy it is to say "no thank you".

You'll do fine with the cookie - honestly it won't even be all that tempting.

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!.....i just got myself 2 long sleeve 2X shirts at Sam's for $4.81 each!!!......I have shirts to wear now....WOOHOO!!!!!!

IPlog
01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm having sinus issues. Took a cough drop last night and didn't think.

Watched a show on tv yesterday on origins of food (Discovery Channel I think). It said.... Sudefed, Robitussin, and another I can't remember.... don't really work.
However, Capsaicin, which is concentrated in all pepper's veins and seeds, has been used for years. It is actually the only spice regulated by the FDA as a drug treatment. Bite down on a pepper and it will clear up your sinuses and makes you cough. Approved on all phases.
Whenever I have sinus congestion, I use Colgate toothpaste (original), tilt my head back for a few seconds, then honk into a tissues until I'm no longer stuffy. Cheap... really works! No calories.

DanafromAustin
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Due to the trip to the ER, there is 1 less secret between us. The intake nurse asked the standard questions - current meds, any allergies, etc. Then the question I knew was coming - do you know your current weight? I almost said "yes, thank you for asking", but I answered him honestly.

ROFWL... Thanks for the laugh. I've been in the same situation with my DH standing right there. I've been known to ask my husband to leave the room first or I whisper it to the nurse. I've been with my husband now for over 30 years, and he has known me when I weighed 125 pounds and when I weighed 265 pounds. We have no secrets from each other, except for one - my weight. I guess I'll tell him what I weigh when I get to goal. :hug:

IPlog
01-06-2012, 09:19 PM
headache

On a previous post, someone said:
1/4 t Real Salt into palm, lick, follow with water.....headache usually gone in half hour.
I tried... it worked.

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 09:20 PM

On Nov 2, I bought a pair of pants (20) that were very snug but did zip. Nov 3, I started IP (241#). Last WI (217#)....sounds great... but.... remember those new pants.... I cannot even come close to getting them zipped.
Already done... no liquids with food, warm liquid 1/2hr before eating. 100+ oz water every day. Cut out broccoli. Rationing Splenda and WF. Only use cinnamon, Benoit's Best (no msg, no salt, no preservatives as in Tony's), black pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder as additional seasoning. Real Salt and EVOO measured out every morning and I swallow any remaining every night. On days I dance, I add another packet or a boiled egg (or 1/4 egg whites).
Losing slowly every week (including Thx, Xmas, NY)... but... my measurements are INCREASING everywhere except arms and thighs! I'm in size 22 now.

Give me an example of what you ate today and I'll see what we can figure out. That is weird but we will work on it

sekc14
01-06-2012, 10:52 PM

This is amazing, you've lost more than 20 lbs and went up a size? Did they take your measurements when you started? I can't imagine how this could happen, even if you gained muscle? How could you gain inches while losing 24 lbs? It's a mystery to me....

Sarahtobig
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi new here been on idea protein for about 8 wks and only lost 25 pnds my frnd has lost 40 in 11 wks idk why im nt so fast,any ideas

NavyMommy
01-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Due to the trip to the ER, there is 1 less secret between us. The intake nurse asked the standard questions - current meds, any allergies, etc. Then the question I knew was coming - do you know your current weight? I almost said "yes, thank you for asking", but I answered him honestly. Gulp - now DH knows. I know DH doesn't care about the number, but it was still hard to say in front of him. So I am going to forget that happened and remember DH saying a few days ago that I was melting away. :D

NavyMommy - you have your own keeper of a DH - please thank him for me for his service and here is a :hug: for you. My DH was Navy - 4 months after we married, he left on a 6 month deployment. Getting photos done is a great idea for him & you too! Plus a wow of a homecoming to look forward to! :o

Haha I think you should have said "Yes, thank you" but that's just because I can never come up with those witty remarks in the heat of the moment. Isn't it funny I hide my weight from my hubby as well. I bought a new scale that is supposed to store your last 5 weigh ins but I haven't saved any because I don't want him accidentally scrolling through them and seeing. The funny thing is that right after I had our son he knew exactly what I weighed because I went on a hormonal rampage about my weight. And that was much heavier than I am now. Oh well, we're women, we have to have some quirks right?

And thank you for the kind words. I have to admit I am excited about homecoming, and I know he is too even though he won't admit it, I know I'm just extra self conscious but I always feel like the biggest woman at any events we go to.

I would say it's probably just your body settling into a routine. I keep the mini dill pickles on hand to snack on with a cup of hot tea between meals if I'm starving. I just adjust my veggies at the next meal accordingly. I also keep the Egg Beaters Egg Whites on hand. They're great for whipping up an egg white omelet if you're starving mid afternoon and most coaches from what I've gathered (and my old coach) counted them as 'free' so between the egg white, some salt, and maybe some dill I had a nice snack if I just couldn't take it anymore.

Funny how eating out takes on a whole different meaning for me now. It used to be my social time. I enjoyed seeing people and talking with my husband while eating crackers, bread, etc. Tonight my husband and I had a date night and it was really not enjoyable for me. I got chicken and a double order of veggies but the "enjoyment" was gone for me. I told him I would rather go somewhere together and not eat out like the movies. I like having my eating routine at home. You guys know what I mean?

I have to admit I have taken a whole different approach to eating out. We are very involved in our church and just about every event involves food. I've learned to just go to enjoy the company / event and remember that in a few months I can start eating responsibly again, but until then I am doing what I need to do for me and my body.

WOOHOO!!!!!!.....i just got myself 2 long sleeve 2X shirts at Sam's for $4.81 each!!!......I have shirts to wear now....WOOHOO!!!!!!

What a deal!!! I love Sam's too! I can't wait until I get to get some new clothes as well.

JellyMae87
01-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Well hello... Late night check in... Was at a busy clinic today for work... Was definetly nice being busy again. But now I have a 3 day weekend!!

wuv2bloved
01-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Well hello... Late night check in... Was at a busy clinic today for work... Was definetly nice being busy again. But now I have a 3 day weekend!!

woohooo!!!!...enjoy it!

abuck
01-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Abuck-- are you using the "milk" in the cereal too? I was able to make 3 small-medium sized pancakes. I doctored it up to my taste -- only one egg white, about a half a teaspoon of baking powder, apple pie spice, dash of cinnamon, oh and I also added about an oz or two of water. Medium heat on my stove. Definitely top 3 favorite things on IP right now.

i made them like you described but cooked on high first batch and probably didnt wait for the pan to cool much for the second. I think I will try again soon. I am definitely in ketosis and everything is improving in taste! Thanks for the help newmom!