Ideal Protein Diet - Miracle Noodles

View Full Version : Miracle Noodles

CysterLeanne
01-06-2012, 01:29 AM
I was reading through the threads and seen that we are allowed to eat the miracle noodles...but I was wondering how many of you have tried them and how do they taste?! Thanks ;)

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 01:34 AM
They smell fishy when you open them, they pick up the taste of whatever you cook them with. I liked them when I had them but you have to rinse them out A LOT to get the fish smell out

CysterLeanne
01-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Oh fishy yuck!!! LOL I guess as long as I could get the smell out of them hahaha!

sarahmayhem
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
i wondered about these too. ...not sure if i could get over the fish smell though haha.

scarmon1118
01-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Rinse them really good! I used them last night with my shrimp scampi made with chicken broth and garlic and it was really good. I've also pureed some diced tomatos with garlic and onion powder as my tomato sauce and it was awesome. Give it a shot.... helps to make you feel fuller without adding any calories other than your sauce!

CysterLeanne
01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Sarahmayhem- I was thinking the same thing LOL

Scarmon- Thanks ;) Which chicken broth can we use?

MustangMolly
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I have also seen that they have Miracle Rice, I'm thinking about giving that a try. I can't buy it locally so I have to get it online and the smallest order is 10 seven ounce bags. I hope I like it!

Busymomx4
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I like them. I rinse them very well and even boil them for a few minutes.

I usually have them to make spaguetti night, use mircale noodles, ground beef and 1 cup dice tomatoes (no salt) that i purree and 1 cup green peppers. Its a higher in carb meal so i have saturday night (WI day)

Survalia
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
:barf: Miracle Noodles get a resounding no vote from me. Very rubbery, and no taste. A friend told me the Miracle Rice was better, but I have been to chicken to try it.

mompattie
01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
They're nasty! Rubbery and gross!

Linden
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I like them, too. Very adaptable and they soak up the flavor of what you put on them -- like home made tomato, garlic, and vegetable sauce. Rinse well, or soak them in a couple of changes of water, boil as you would pasta to heat them up, and there you go. And they're pretty inexpensive -- 2 LARGE servings per bag -- if you get them in an ethnic store. In Hawai'i I was able to find them in Japanese, Chinese, Okinawan, and Filipino grocery stores, as well as a large local grocery store.

CysterLeanne
01-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Thank you all for the responses! There definitely is a difference in opinion, like the WF products LOL. I will try to find them in smaller packages at the Oriental store or a local whole foods store in smaller packages in case I don't like them hahaha! Thanks again ;)

purple sky
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I think I am going to give these a try. Thank you.

ladysheets
01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I like them. have used them for some time now. tuna casserole,speghetti,shrimp scampi with noodles. They are good in soups too.

great protien with little calorie

RHay
01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I think they are a little tasteless? I always add soysauce in mine lol

CysterLeanne
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
This might sound stupid but when you eat them since there is protein in them, do you lower the amount of meat you eat with them?

NewSexyMe
01-10-2012, 02:03 AM
I think they are a little tasteless? I always add soysauce in mine lol

Only way I can eat them....SOY SAUCE!

Linden
01-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Only way I can eat them....SOY SAUCE!

Like them salty?

Endless Dieter
01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I hated at first but now use for dinner at least once a week; First rinse off for at least five minutes then drain really good. Nuke for a minute or two then let dry awhile and cut into smaller pieces. Set aside. Then stir fry my vegatables (broccoli, peppers, drated cauliflower, spinach, etc) with cooked ground sirloin crumbles in grape seed oil. Then add reduced sodium soy sauce, salt ,curry powder,garlic and miracle noodles at last few minutes . It is one of the things my whole family can enjoy.

scarmon1118
01-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I use homemade chicken broth and let them simmer in that to soak up the flavor or I get diced tomatoes put them in my magic bullet with some garlic and onion powder and then simmer them in that sauce for a homemade tomato sauce and it is delicious!!! Definitely look online and I was able to order them single servings so I could try them before having to buy them in a larger quantity. Definitely worth trying!!!!

K9Owner
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't do IP, but here is the recipe I made after the inspiration from a Carnival Cruise last October:

Shiratake Bowl using Miracle Noodles (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/244922-shiratake-bowl-using-miracle-noodles.html)

wuv2bloved
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't do IP, but here is the recipe I made after the inspiration from a Carnival Cruise last October:

Shiratake Bowl using Miracle Noodles (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/244922-shiratake-bowl-using-miracle-noodles.html)

Thanks for sharing this, we could do it by elimination of a few items such as carrots...Thanks again :)

berryblondeboys
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
So, why are they fishy smelling? They aren't made with any fish products... Are you all sure it doesn't leave some fish smell/taste? Ew! Though it sounds good as a filler when the rest of the family is eating pasta or rice.

Marcella
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM
When can we try these? I'm still on day 6.

Marcella
01-10-2012, 09:28 PM
OMG I just went on the site I've had these before and I actually loved them LOL and I never even rinsed them LOL. Can we have any of these? If yes what week and how many times per week?
http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/miraclenoodle?gclid=CKKjh9j1xq0CFY0BQAodFRYtiA

segosia
01-11-2012, 01:18 AM
What's the deal with "miracle" noodles? What's a miracle about them?

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
for those of you looking for a place to buy the miracle noodles, you can get them in individual packages on netrtion.com.

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
What's the deal with "miracle" noodles? What's a miracle about them?

The miracle is they are Zero Net Carbs Zero Calories Zero Glycemic Index
Soy, Wheat and Gluten Free. I have heard they have a fishy smell but some people say to just rinse them about 5 minutes before using. They also take on the flavor of what they are cooked or served with. I can't wait to make some chop suey using the miracle rice.

cathy1311
01-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I am in week 1 and have used the miracle noodles twice this week. When you open the package, they do smell fishy. Rinse them in a colander for 3-5 minutes and I put mine in a dry saucepan on high heat to get them really dry. Like tofu they take on any flavor you mix in. Just don't expect them to taste like noodles!

MaMaZu
01-13-2012, 11:12 AM

I did something similar, added garlic, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger and chili-garlic sauce to the broth first. Used mushrooms, bok choy, zucchini, cilantro, red pepper. At that point added the noodles, and protein (optional). So good and so filling! Definitely didn't feel deprived!

MustangMolly
01-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I am in week 1 and have used the miracle noodles twice this week. When you open the package, they do smell fishy. Rinse them in a colander for 3-5 minutes and I put mine in a dry saucepan on high heat to get them really dry. Like tofu they take on any flavor you mix in. Just don't expect them to taste like noodles!
Thanks for the tip about drying them.

I did something similar, added garlic, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger and chili-garlic sauce to the broth first. Used mushrooms, bok choy, zucchini, cilantro, red pepper. At that point added the noodles, and protein (optional). So good and so filling! Definitely didn't feel deprived!

That sounds good, thanks.

purple sky
02-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I finally tried these, yum. I made a beef stir fry and mixed these in. I had to rinse them out for what seemed like hours to get the fishy smell off but it was so nice to have noodles. I was especially hungry yesterday so it was just right. I need to order some more. :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-11-2012, 01:34 PM
I hated the noodles, but LOVE the rice! It makes for great stuffed peppers and I am going to try a chicken tikka masala with them. All of that fiber really makes me feel full, too!

peyton0914
02-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I tried to make them a few different ways but could not get past the texture yuck!

Mkssweetie
02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Along with rinsing them VERY well I have been told to put them in a frying pan and heat them up until they make a "squeaking" sound. That way they are dryer and all the stinky liquid is gone. I have done that every time and have not had any issues. They do have a strange texture but when you need a "noodle fix" it can be overlooked.

purple sky
02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I hated the noodles, but LOVE the rice! It makes for great stuffed peppers and I am going to try a chicken tikka masala with them. All of that fiber really makes me feel full, too!

Yum...you must share that recipe. I only have the angel hair but will order rice and the other one.

I remembered that it is really filling and I have been unusually hungry lately. Early on in the diet, I could barely finish a meal.

I tried something new yesterday marinating some beef in apple cider vinegar and a small amt of lime flavored olive oil. I think I also added dried onion powder, ginger, garlic, mint and basil. I think using all these fresh along with some lime juice might give it some oomph. I want to add a sweetener next time. Maybe a packet of stevia. It was okay but did not have quite the flavor punch I might have liked.

purple sky
02-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Along with rinsing them VERY well I have been told to put them in a frying pan and heat them up until they make a "squeaking" sound. That way they are dryer and all the stinky liquid is gone. I have done that every time and have not had any issues. They do have a strange texture but when you need a "noodle fix" it can be overlooked.

Good idea. I will try that next time. These reminded me of the noodles I have had in Asian restaurants, especially in soups.