Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/166/140

Height: 5'9''

Default Week 3 and Slooooww Progress

Hey guys,
I have been doing the Ideal Protein Diet and have just started my third week. My first week was the week of Christmas, and I did very well despite the temptation of all of the yummy food. I went from 169 to 163. The next week...not so good. My friend was married and she put us up in the hotel for 3 days. It was super hard to stick to the plan without a kitchen available..so I jumped back to 166. At this point I am worried... I feel like I have lost all of my momentum :-/ Any pointers??
BioBabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBabe22 View Post
Hey guys,
I have been doing the Ideal Protein Diet and have just started my third week. My first week was the week of Christmas, and I did very well despite the temptation of all of the yummy food. I went from 169 to 163. The next week...not so good. My friend was married and she put us up in the hotel for 3 days. It was super hard to stick to the plan without a kitchen available..so I jumped back to 166. At this point I am worried... I feel like I have lost all of my momentum :-/ Any pointers??
Get right back on and commit to being OP for 100% of the time with no slip ups. You can do it, you got it SO just DO IT! That happened, Life happens, get passed it and move on. Don't worry or stress about it. YOU know it WORKS soooooo GET BACK TO IT!!......Just like the Biggest Loser's Motto this season......NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you are just one week behind me and yes thus far the 3rd week was the hardest. I felt bloated and crabby, the food was boring and bland and I just had a hard time. I had a loss but it just seemed harder. This week I feel tons better. 6 lbs your first week is great and we have to remember that the average is about 3 lbs a week. My advice is to hang in there and get back OP 100%. If you were off at all you are probably out of ketosis and will need 4-5 days to get back in the swing of things.
4kiddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Sounds like you are just one week behind me and yes thus far the 3rd week was the hardest. I felt bloated and crabby, the food was boring and bland and I just had a hard time. I had a loss but it just seemed harder. This week I feel tons better. 6 lbs your first week is great and we have to remember that the average is about 3 lbs a week. My advice is to hang in there and get back OP 100%. If you were off at all you are probably out of ketosis and will need 4-5 days to get back in the swing of things.
See, exactly what you say...BLAND and BORING.....BUT....now you are in the swing of things and know how to spice things up, sweeten them and make them work for you. This is all a learning process, a lifestyle change. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and One pound at a time will come off. Just commit to staying 100% OP again, get that determination back, put your head back in the right place
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Hangout here - everyone's great! Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. What was your motivation 3 weeks ago? Revisit that.
Have you tried any recipes yet or just using the packs? I love the omelette with a .5 tsp of baking soda, spices and veggies baked in muffin tins. It's very filling and delish.
Hang in there!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/166/140

Height: 5'9''

Thanks for the tips and support, guys! Yesterday I felt stuck in a rut (probably because I was bored all day with nothing to do). I feel like if I keep busy between meals I am less likely to slip up. I've tried a few new recipes...my favorite IP meals are the drinks, because to me they taste best to me. Not really having the best time stomaching the soups. I have only tried a few, but the ones I did try were a bit hard to swallow. I have turned the puddings into freezer pops and loved them!
BioBabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152.6/152.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Dont worry about the past...start over once again and u will do great!!!
Maggie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote