Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Hump Day !!!!!!!!!

Starting Wednesday's thread
Old 02-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #2  

Good morning Ali! (and all of the rest!)

I am doing well this last couple days. Having a banana and coffee for breakfast and something sensible for lunch and dinner.

Starting to walk on my treadmill.

How is everyone today? Less than 3 months til shorts season, need to lose the weight!!!!!

BBIAB.....
Old 02-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning Ali, and all who will be posting shortly.

I have been out of town and in and out, but I have been at least trying to keep up with the threads. Welcome to our two new Robins, I'm glad you found us!

I went to visit my parents at their new house last week, and I was off the wagon big time. So much so that I gained 3.6 lbs. I didn't think I was all THAT bad, I was maybe over 5 points a day or so, but I guess it really piles on the minute you let up on your obsessiveness with watching points. I'm back on the wagon this morning, though, and Leslie (Sansone) and I walked two miles this morning. I'm so staying OP with eating today. I got really motivated last night with watching awards at WW. We had a goal, a lifetimer, two people hit 60 lb losses, and a ton of people make their 10%. So I can and will do this....

I'm off of work today, and Aaron is going to his little friend's house to play, so I should have the time to be somewhat chatty today. Post lots so I have lots to respond to!
PS Ladies, I just have to say, if any of you are stampers, I just got a catalog from Jess yesterday, and the Close To My Heart stuff is really incredible. Scrapbookers too -- they have EVERYTHING, and at really reasonable prices. Jess, can you tell I loved it???
Old 02-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Tonya -- I'm proud of you for walking on your dreadmill!!! What do you think about starting the daily journaling thread again?
Old 02-19-2003, 09:34 AM   #5  

I am all for it! Start it up!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #6  

I just checked out self.com, they have a new Challenge 2003 I am going to do. I have heard so many people do these challenges. I am up for it. Starting today. Anyone else doing it??
Old 02-19-2003, 10:19 AM   #7  
Andrew

Hi, I have my weigh-in tonight. Not looking forward to it because I'm sure i gained. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. You know what I really want? I want to wear a little black dress. The last time I checked they didn't come in size 22 so I've got to stick with this.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:20 AM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yawn!!

Well, ladies, I was up .2 last night at WI. I want to know how? I was OP all week, with just one day going over. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't get enough exercise. The eating-within-my-points-range fairy has visited, but the get-off-your-big-ol'-backside-and-exercise fairy has failed to make an appearance as yet.

So, last night, I planned my meals being sure to get plenty of fruits and vegetables and I'm going to drink all my water--I've found that I have the most success when I follow the plan exactly the way it's supposed to be done. Cross your fingers for me that next week will be better!!

Tonya--I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well, I have no doubt that by the time shorts season rolls around, you and I can be strutting around in short shorts that our buttcheeks hang out of and looking good.

Jayne--What walking tapes do you do? And how do they work? I'm perplexed by this... I'm glad that you liked your catalog enough to tell everyone about it. If you liked the catalog, just wait until you see some products!! Our stamps are so pretty you won't want to use them...

I'm sure some people have posted while I've been working on this, so I better finish up and do some more responses.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:21 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
I'm at BF's today because after being snowed in I was too sick to go back to school last night annd had to try out bfs new moose sheets
queen size moose sheets flannel $14
I got a pair of full size moose and pine cone sheets for 10.50
Can I just say I looove TARjay
we did V day quiet he came over after drill but OMG he sent me nt me an exotic flower bouquet and I wrote him a poem
we did our big date on saturday and went to toy fair in nyc and saw protesters
then ofcourse theirs me going ohh its going to hurt the company but also wanting to be holding a sign with them

its a catch 22
we went to deweys flatiron for dinner which is right near the flatiron building too cool and I had a raspbery martini mmmmm
ok now down to Bidness Bfs been getting a tummy so now I can make OP stuff for him! muhahhaahh
I just need some boy friendly food
I'm rescheduling my fittest so I can hit the gym and going back to eating well
I bought a microwave egg poacher so I can make mini omelettes with my egg beaters
its sad when i'm excited about that lol
I've been journaling and writing down my emotions about food and my motivations and trying to brainstorm solutions to my triggers
alright enough of my rambles!
btw I WAS SOOO GLAD HE PICKED ZORA
Old 02-19-2003, 10:37 AM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Jayne - Way to go getting back on track like that

Hi to all the new girls!

Ok, my weekend was crazy.

Saturday: babysit 8-6, then my friend Yan came down to visit and stayed the night

Sunday: went ten-pin bowling for the first time. Didn't like it, I prefer Candlepin bowling. If you don't know what it is, then the next time you are in New England, check it out. So much better than ten-pin Oh and I also saw Shanghai Noon, that was good. And got the outline for my half-sleeve tattoo. I took pics, but haven't uploaded them yet. I'll post them when I do.

Monday: snowed in all day. was a holiday, so didn't have work. babysitting was cancelled because of the snow. (yay!)

Tuesday: they delayed openiong work and by the time i got my car shoveled out it wasn't worth it to go because I had to babysit
from 3-9, which I did

All in all, the weekend was good. I didn't catch up on my sleep like I should have though. I had two days where I went off the program, but I'm back on track now.

Oh, and I weighed in Saturday morning and am down 1.6!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

hello girls! lots of posts today!

sounds like we're all being very good this week. i've made the brave decision of counting points at the weekend. for a while now i've been sticking to points mon-thurs then not thinking about them the rest of the time. that's fine if i want to maintain, but i want to shift a few pounds before summer. so i know i have to count points all week long. it's going to be tough, but hopefully once i see some results it will be worth it! typically this weekend is not the best time to start, but if i don't do it now i never will.

anyhow, BF and i are going to stay with his parents, which means big breakfasts (the works) and lots of unhealthy snacks on offer. this is despite the fact his mum is meant to be on WW too! i've already decided i'm going to stick to cereal and fruit. you girls are my witnesses! fri night we're going out for dinner with his parents and his brother and his wife, and then saturday we've got birthday drinks with a friend (who makes yummy cocktails!). oh dear, it's going to be tough! oh, and there is a party at work tomorrow night with lots of free booze! i think i'm going to be doing the old one glass of wine, one glass of water trick.

ok, i've rambled on enough about me! i feel now i've told you my plans i'm going to have to stick to them.

jayne - was "dreadmill" deliberate? it made me laugh! i dread the treadmill!!!
tonya - here's to fitting into slinky shorts! (although mine will be bigger than the ones jess was describing!).
hello to our robins - lovely to have you both join us. i'd never heard of BCB. i'd get blackballed too i'm sure!
ali - what news on your boy?!?
jenl - hope the office move goes smoothly.
loriD - how's the snow? i adore frozen yoghurt! have you guys heard of Baby Yoghurt? it's a chain - there was a shop in Italy when i was there last summer and i was in there nearly every night!
jess - i hope the exercise fairy visits soon! how's your head today?
KT - hope you get in to the school you want.
rina - are you back on track with those points yet!?
belle - when do you move into your new place?
keirie - rasperry martinis... mmmmm
lori - sounds like a busy weekend!
lisa, becky, kim, jenk (i know you're busy sweetie but if you get a chance!), laura, trish, stacey and all those hiding away - come out and post!
Kirsty
Old 02-19-2003, 11:20 AM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

This week I have been so tired! I have been sleeping & sleeping! I don't know if its b/c of PMS or maybe I'm fighting off some kind of virus or b/c work has been so busy or what but man oh man I can't stop yawning & its a fight to get out of bed. Weird. Well I have my food planned out today & I am writing it all down I am feeling quite motivated today. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow which always helps me to eat properly. I'm glad to hear everyone else seems to on track!

Jayne, way to get on track again

Has anyone heard from Angie?

Kirsty, thanks for the reminder & keeping me accountable Good luck with eating at your inlaws.

Lori, wtg on your loss! You are on fire

Kier, sounds like a lovely v-day. My dh is thickening around the middle but he still doesn't want to count points with me or exercise. Argh! I wish he would -somehow I think it would make it easier for me. Is it still snowing?

Tonya, glad to hear your doing it right! Keep it up girl!

Jess, don't fret. Maybe you ate something that caused you to retain a little water. At any rate its probably time for us to get exercising. We can do this!

Robin, a little black dress is an awesome motivation! I range from a 22-26 in my sizes so I know what you mean! Good luck at Wi tonight!

Hi Ali! Glad to hear you went to BR on v-day with your new boy! How are things?

Well I've babbled on long enough. A big hello to all of you who've posted while I wrote this monster!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:31 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm back
no its not still snowing I wish!! then bf and I would be trapped in here oh god I'm sappy
BF had a closet full of suits that are starting not to fit Thats why
but aside from that he has no resistance to food ie last night he ate a BOX of mac and cheese even tho he was full 1/2 way thru
Ok ladies I need some input theres a crockpot online on sale are they a fire hazzard? how long can you leave one on for ahhh so many questions!
bbaib
Old 02-19-2003, 11:45 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Good mornin'!

Greetings to our new Robins - I think we entered the twilight zone!

I don't have time to respond properly, but I wanted you all to know I am still lurking and I miss you all....I move in in 8 days and I have to finalize the sale of mom's house and move out the remainder of her stuff, plus pack my place and coordinate a move there too - its been crazy.

Also, been fighting off people asking if me and b/f are engaged yet- BAH!! HUMBUG!!

Have a good OP day girls, maybe I'll get to post later today...
Old 02-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Belle, I can't wait to see pictures of your new place...that's going to be fun to decorate, from what you've told us!

Kierie, the heat on crockpots isn't terribly high, so there's no fire hazard. They can be left on like 10 hours at least, and once you get one, I can promise you that you too will become an official crockpot junkie ( much like myself. ). I'm glad to hear that you and the meese (is that the plural of moose?) had a good snuggle with your boy last night. Look at you nest...

Rina, hope I'm not bringing up a sore subject, but could you be pregnant? That extreme tiredness is one of the earliest signs. Might be worth checking out. I hope you find your energy soon so you can enjoy your day and not have to drag your way through it.

Kirsty, hubby and I almost always call the treadmill the dreadmill. They're just so dang boring!!! You sound like you have a great wekend lined up. Might I offer a suggestion? Try having a white wine spritzer. It's just white wine mixed with an equal part of seltzer, and it stretches those two points way out. Plus, it's served over ice, so you can have the ice melting and stretch it yet further. Have fun, and when you're back, you can bet you're going to get interrogated on whether you stuck to the cereal and fruit regime!!! You better be good, 'cause you gotta report to Seargent Jayne!!

Lori, can't wait to see the picture of the tatoo. I think you're so brave to get one...mostly because I'm a chicken and a big baby and can't take pain, so I could never get one. Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Jess, I do walk off the pounds with Leslie Sansone. She walks an average of a five-minute mile. It's some walking in place, some side-stepping, sime grapevines, so knee lifts, some kicks, it's totally cheesy-looking, but if you're totally uncoordinated like I am, it's great. THe first time through I did everything, and was so happy to find a DVD that i didn't stumble my way through. Try it if you ever get the chance. In fact, I just ordered a couple of new DVD's...if you're interested in trying out one of my older ones, let me know and I'll put one on the mail to you. SPeaking of mail, just to let you know, I got the check out this morning.

Robin you will so be in that little black dress!!! A lot of us here have motivational clothes that we're looking at to get us where we want to be. Lisa, who hasn't been around in a while bought herself this midriff-baring (what she called a) hooker shirt, and she used to put that on for motivation. I have this clingy t-shirt dress that I am dying to wear, and I put that on when I need to turn something down. Maybe you can find a black dress that you love on sale and just buy it and try it on if you need to remember why you're doing this. Or a picture of one would be cheaper. Gook luck at WI tonight!!!

Tonya, I'm going to check out that challenge .
Closed Thread