Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/5/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/5/12

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

galpal445
01-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Good Morning!

I tried the suggestion of adding some cooked & then food processed veggies to my Leek Soup yesterday and it was fantastic! Will have to try that for the other soups too. It really improved the texture & the taste for me. Wonderful idea!

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Yesterday was a rough day for me. I felt fine, but I had TERRIBLE cravings! I wanted something sweet desperately! Water and pickles didn't help, so I broke down and had a 4th packet. Oh but it was worth it! Chocolate cake with WF carmel!! Mmmmmm! Better than cheating!

I've also been having very vivid dreams. I'm a very vivid dreamer to begin with, so they are even more intense now. Some of them not so pleasant. Anyone else have unpleasant dreams?

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!!

Well yesterday was a long day for me. My daughter has to have a test where she's sleep deprived this morning so I was up with her most of the night, and got back up with her at 4:30 this morning. I was starving because I had eaten my dinner to early, but I didn't give in.

Today (so far) the cravings seem to be a little less and I seem to have a pretty okay amount of energy considering the amount of sleep I got so hopefully I am turning the corner into ketosis. Seriously why did I not know about the wonders of ketosis before IP?

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!! Silly me forgot we don't have any easy to eat veggies in the house so I'm going to pack my bar and hope that the test doesn't take to long so I can get home to eat my cooked veggies. Guess someone needs to head to the store tonight!

Good Morning!

I tried the suggestion of adding some cooked & then food processed veggies to my Leek Soup yesterday and it was fantastic! Will have to try that for the other soups too. It really improved the texture & the taste for me. Wonderful idea!

Yum, and what an easy way to get your veggies in. When I go back on the actual IP products (now I'm using alternatives) I will have to try that. I did like sauteed mushrooms with the cream of mushroom soup though, it made it nice and chunky and gave me something to bite into.

Yesterday was a rough day for me. I felt fine, but I had TERRIBLE cravings! I wanted something sweet desperately! Water and pickles didn't help, so I broke down and had a 4th packet. Oh but it was worth it! Chocolate cake with WF carmel!! Mmmmmm! Better than cheating!

I've also been having very vivid dreams. I'm a very vivid dreamer to begin with, so they are even more intense now. Some of them not so pleasant. Anyone else have unpleasant dreams?

Yep, better to have an extra packet than to cheat! The dreams are totally normal, I remember having them to, and there are lots of other IP posters who have had the same thing. It does creep me out for a minute after I wake up though!

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Good luck with your daughter's test today! I have not so fond memmories of having to stay up all night when I was little for EEG's. Yuck! Glad that's over with!

SewingMomma
01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone! Welcome to all the new folks. My only advice is hang tough for the first week. It gets better and the results are so worth it. I had dreams of eating all kinds of off program foods for a while, but those are gone. I also used to have cravings for high carb foods, and those are gone too. My obsession with what I'm going to eat for my next meal has also disappeared. That amazes me. I Told my coach at my last WI that the only no-no food that I really miss is half and half in my morning coffee. We got a good chuckle out of that!

Good luck to everyone having WIs today. Everyone else have a hreat OP day.

Junetwin11
01-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy. :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM

YES! Generally every night. Very vivid and usually they end up unpleasant. I"ve been on the diet for 4 weeks, and the dreaming started within the first few days. I don't know if it's the vitamins or if it has to do with the protein, but I definitely noticed it happening right away. Luckily, they are only dreams and sometimes I can realize that in my sleep and try to redirect the subject. Other times, I just wake up gasping :-)

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I read these posts and pray that I am just as successful! I'm hoping to average 3lbs a week (I'm doing the alternative plan). More would be better! I'm just so anxious and yet seeing the progress and goals reached by everyone else is so inspiring! The last 5 years have been my downfall. I've not only had to change my eating habbits, but my mindset too! I told myself life was short and to enjoy it. It took until recently for me to realize I have to be healthy to enjoy it!

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Good luck with your daughter's test today! I have not so fond memmories of having to stay up all night when I was little for EEG's. Yuck! Glad that's over with!

Thanks! That's exactly what we're going for today. Now I just hope I can keep her awake in the car!

I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy. :)

That's awesome!! I'm sure you were a huge inspiration to the new people!

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
YES! Generally every night. Very vivid and usually they end up unpleasant. I"ve been on the diet for 4 weeks, and the dreaming started within the first few days. I don't know if it's the vitamins or if it has to do with the protein, but I definitely noticed it happening right away. Luckily, they are only dreams and sometimes I can realize that in my sleep and try to redirect the subject. Other times, I just wake up gasping :-)

Thanks for sharing! Yes, this morning was a waking up crying dream. I honestly don't remember what it was anymore. When I wake up that way, I remember thinking it was so vivid and I have to tell myself it's just a dream. Usually my husband has to "pull" me out of my unpleasant dreams. He must've been really tire to not notice this one!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
the only no-no food that I really miss is half and half in my morning coffee.

I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store.

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks! That's exactly what we're going for today. Now I just hope I can keep her awake in the car!

Pop...worked for me! I honestly don't remember how long the test took. If they still do it this way, they glue the wires to her head and then she'll take a nap. I remember they would wake me up and do a light test.

I thought the worst part was getting the glue out of my hair! I had really long thick hair and they try to scrub it off and I remembering that hurting a little. They very likely could've changed the way they do these things by now. I was 7-10 when I did all of that.

SewingMomma
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store.

Thanks! My coach recommended using the vanilla RTD shake as a creamer -- 2TBSP in my morning coffee. Thanks for recommending the soy creamer. I'll give it a try.

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.

MustangMolly
01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Good morning IPeeps, I am happy to say that after my 3 weeks off plan for travel, I have already lost 4 pounds!!!! I started back on IP on Monday the 2nd. I know the first loss is usually mostly water but that's okay. When I go for my WI on the 9th I should be back to where I was (or less) before my phase off. This is such a wonderful program. I have a party to go to Saturday that will have lots of southern home cooking and my husband asked if that would bother me. I told him are you kidding??? I've lost almost all my holiday weight in less than a week..... I can enjoy all those foods again (in moderation of course) before the year ends!

New Englander
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
Hi, You should be weighed every week. As for measurements I asked to have it done monthly...I don't believe there are set times when it should be done. For her peace of mind if she wants it done more she should ask. We're paying a lot for this program and most weekly appointments have more than enough time to measure (unless a person has a lot of questions/problems)...

But I honestly think once per month is adequate as changes will be more significant than doing it weekly.

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone. I start day 5 of IP today. Yesterday was horrible so I am hoping today is better. My father and daughter live with me and they had baked ziti for dinner and the smell of the sausage cooking nearly killed me but I did what I could to put it out of my mind. Had the herb and cheese omlete for breakfast. It's pretty good. I may try it for lunch one day with mushrooms and spinach. I am hoping ketosis sets in for tomorrow as it will be day 6. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong! :hug:

New Englander
01-05-2012, 09:32 AM
First morning trying the capaccino drink with iced coffee and it's awesome!!! But, it's nearly 0 degrees out and I'm freezing!!! LOL!!! But it's sooooooo good!!!

New Englander
01-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone. I start day 5 of IP today. Yesterday was horrible so I am hoping today is better. My father and daughter live with me and they had baked ziti for dinner and the smell of the sausage cooking nearly killed me but I did what I could to put it out of my mind. Had the herb and cheese omlete for breakfast. It's pretty good. I may try it for lunch one day with mushrooms and spinach. I am hoping ketosis sets in for tomorrow as it will be day 6. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong! :hug:
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I love the cappucino drink! I have it every other morning. Some people heat it up, but I drink it cold. I just ordered some chocolate drink to heat up like cocoa when I want a non-restricted evening snack.

I also like to smell the food that I miss--now just the smell of it seems like a reward. I am able to control myself around the tempting foods, but I asked my fiance not to bring any potato chips or pizza home--I'm only human, after all!

The omelet is my go to meal. I have it for lunch and it tastes great with almost any veggies--if you use zucchini, make sure to cook the zucchini seperately first to get some of the water out of it. I've also mastered flipping the omelet to get the top side a little brown. Covering it and cooking it on low heat helps it to cook inside and puff up.

Good luck Lorilou! You can do this. If your family has leftovers that tempt you in the fridge, put them in the freezer so that it's harder to pick at :-)

And, New Englander, your photo looks fabulous! Way to go MustangMolly!

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Pop...worked for me! I honestly don't remember how long the test took. If they still do it this way, they glue the wires to her head and then she'll take a nap. I remember they would wake me up and do a light test.

I thought the worst part was getting the glue out of my hair! I had really long thick hair and they try to scrub it off and I remembering that hurting a little. They very likely could've changed the way they do these things by now. I was 7-10 when I did all of that.

Haha nope that's still how they do it. Isn't it funny how some things change with the times, but they still can't do an EEG without sticky glue that's impossible to get out!!

Thanks! My coach recommended using the vanilla RTD shake as a creamer -- 2TBSP in my morning coffee. Thanks for recommending the soy creamer. I'll give it a try.

I actually use the EAS RTD shake as creamer, that way I wasn't shelling out another $4 a week just for creamer for my coffee. I love it and even on occasion will make an afternoon iced coffee pick me up with it.

I guess it depends on the coach. Mine did every week and pictures every 4 which which I really appreciated. If she wants them more she should ask, I bet the coach will do them more often. I would think once a month at least.

First morning trying the capaccino drink with iced coffee and it's awesome!!! But, it's nearly 0 degrees out and I'm freezing!!! LOL!!! But it's sooooooo good!!!

I mix my cap with hot coffee and it's wonderful!! Granted I'm in FL so it's not as cold, but I love a nice warm drink in the morning. Plus I feel like I get more since I'm mixing the coffee with the premade drink.

CutieEli
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Good morning everyone,

First of all I just wanted to say Congratulations to all of you for wanting to change your lives for a healthier you! Ideal Protein is the best diet I have ever done. I have seen many people around me having to lose more than 200lbs and they have all succeeded with the diet. One of my friends after losing 230 lbs and still losing has now become a coach. It is VERY inspiring to see her going and I know that if she can lose 230...I can achieve my goal!

I have done the program once before but had to stop due to financial problems but now I am back on track and hoping I will be able to finish my weight loss once and for all!

Today I am on day 3 and I feel great!!! :cheer2:
My boyfriend is doing it with me so the extra support at home is wonderful.
On Tuesday we decided to take before pictures (which we have never done before) and put them in our washroom upstairs and closet to make sure we see them everyday.
I have 70 lbs to lose and I know that with this forum and the support I am getting at home it will be alright!!! I can't wait for the new me in May/June!!!

My goal is to be comfortable in a bathing suit for the summer and enjoy every minute of it. We promised ourselves that once we lose the weight we will go somewhere in the south...so rewarding!!! :)

Yesterday I spent all day reading posts and I must say it is nice to read some posts from people that were here when I started posting last year..and new members too...so much information and inspiration it's amazing!!!

I wish ALL of you the best of luck on this journey. WE are SOOOO WORTH it!

Have a great day IPers :)

CutieELi ;)

Endless Dieter
01-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning To All,

WI# 12 -6, Total Loss 54lbs (wow)... Hope all have great WI's.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Great job, Endless!!!!

SewingMomma
01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow Endless, that's fantastic!!!! Great Job!!!!

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!

I did think while it was being cooked that they will continue to be fat eating like that and I will be thinner and healthier by not eating it. That helped too. I may just go and hide upstairs with the door shut when they cook like that until I can deal with it. It's good to know that the feeling will pass. Thanks for the support! :hug:

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Good Morning To All,

Wow, congrats!!! It is so inspiring to see you lose 50lbs in 3 months, that's what I'm hoping to do as well. WTG!!!

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Good Morning To All,

Wow! That's fantastic!! :carrot:

Tmg1989
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!

SewingMomma
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM

I thought that I was the only one who did this! My kids will ask, "Mom, do you wish you could eat this cookie (or whatever)?" I say, "No, but let me smell it!" I love the smells of food, but like you, I don't have any desire to eat them. Ditto with my favorite or should I say former favorite foods. Last night we went out to a Mexican restaurant, and I was not tempted by the chips and queso, etc. I enjoyed my chicken and beef fajitas and grilled veggies. That's the most surprising thing to me about this diet. In the past, I would have caved and said to myself that a few chips wouldn't hurt. Now, I just don't have any desire to eat them. For the first couple of weeks, I was tempted, so to all of you who are struggling, this desire does go away. I made it through the holidays w/o cheating and w/o having the desire to cheat.

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.

SewingMomma
01-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!

I would do the same thing. Yesterday, I took my kids to the zoo and knew that there would be little or nothing that I could eat there. So I ate a packet before we left and had 2 cups of cukes on the drive there. Then when they had lunch, I got a garden salad and picked the carrots off of the lettuce. I'm getting pretty good at pulling grated carrots off of salad because almost every restaurant puts them on their salads.

You'll be able to have those other things soon enough, and I agree dropping 2 pants sizes makes the sacrifice worth it!

Tmg1989
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks! Yes, picking off the bits of carrots is an acquired talent!! :)

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Hang on!

I'm sorry your sister-in-law isn't being supportive. We all need to stay strong in these situations and stay true to our goals. Good luck tonight and know that the whole IP community is behind you. :hug:

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Hang on!

I had a co-worker bring me in a pastrami, cheese, mayo, pickled sandwich yesterday. Normally, she cooks for all of us and I LOVE HER FOOD. She is from a different ethnic background and likes to feed everyone. She kept putting the plate of food on my desk and I kept trying to explain to her that I couldn't eat what she was giving to me. She looked so DISAPPOINTED when i gave her the plate back numerous times. I felt so bad. I just knew i couldn't do it though. She didn't understand... Normally, even after i used to eat lunch and she would bring something in, I would still eat it because I felt bad. But, this time I didn't!

Pxlkitty4
01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.

Drink plenty of water. It might be a sinus thing... Perhaps you need two advil to help with swelling if it is... Hang in there.

I had a co-worker bring me in a pastrami, cheese, mayo, pickled sandwich yesterday. Normally, she cooks for all of us and I LOVE HER FOOD. She is from a different ethnic background and likes to feed everyone. She kept putting the plate of food on my desk and I kept trying to explain to her that I couldn't eat what she was giving to me. She looked so DISAPPOINTED when i gave her the plate back numerous times. I felt so bad. I just knew i couldn't do it though. She didn't understand... Normally, even after i used to eat lunch and she would bring something in, I would still eat it because I felt bad. But, this time I didn't!

Here is what I used to say. "I am on a strict eating protocol for health reasons... (don't say "diet"). I am only allowed to eat certain things for a while. I will be able to enjoy this type of food again, but not for now. Thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it and it looks delicious."

mamacitaof2
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Mine was a sinus headache feeling too, it eventually did go away. Sleep helped! Also caffeine helps. I'll have a coffee to help.

Bellamack
01-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Good Morning

mrsmurphy - a sinus headache is what I feel I get also, it is better today and I am sure hoping I don't feel as hungry today. I am hoping Ketosis will kick in over the next couple of days.

Last night I slept fairly well for me (insomniac), but woke up with a very vivid dream. Before bed some friends called and wanted hubby and me to go out to dinner on Saturday for my birthday, so we said "yes". So, then I went to bed, my dream was that I was opening my gift (in the restaurant) and it was filled with "Weight Watchers" stuff, I can still see that bright pink and white book, OMG, too funny. It at least could have been filled with IP packets.

Everyone have a great day :)

Bellamack
01-05-2012, 10:41 AM
oh, something else I wanted to say. I really don't want this to sound negative, so take it in the "realistic" light I want to convey. Some people are setting some really "high" expectations and that is great, but the reality is,not everyone loses like the program says. I did not cheat once and my average weight loss over the 5 months was 1.75 lbs. I think it depends on many things and age is one, if you are young, you will lose quicker for sure and then medical conditions and medications play a part. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism right before starting IP and my meds had to be adjusted during the course of the journey. Also, if you are post-meno your loses may not be as good. What I am getting at is that EVERYONE is different, I was a S-L-O-W loser in the IP world, but stuck with it (thanks to people like WUV encouraging me) Also remember the less you have to lose, it is slower or slows down a little, but remember it does work. Nothing else worked for me, that is why I went to the doctor, I had been going to WW for 3 months with no cheating and only lost 3 lbs, in hind sight I am sure the thyroid didn't help, but the IP diet is what I swear by, because even when I had small loses, I lost inches. Well, I am back on to journey to my final goal and I know it will be so much slower than some of you here, but it does work. FORWARD....MARCH!

lroderick
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
So of course I woke up with a nasty cold !! I feel like i'm wasting calories on the dayquil :( but I need it. I think this diet works for me so well because it I'm not really a fan of the food, so I just eat because I HAVE TO not because I enjoy it ... I guess I - eat to live, rather then - live to eat !

Well happy dieting IP'ers, Have a nice day !!!:p

New Englander
01-05-2012, 10:52 AM
And, New Englander, your photo looks fabulous! Way to go MustangMolly![/QUOTE]

Thank you SomedayBubblySomeday! That's my 199 photos!!! 30 down!!! 35 to go!!! WOO HOO!!! :)

New Englander
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
So of course I woke up with a nasty cold !! I feel like i'm wasting calories on the dayquil :( but I need it. I think this diet works for me so well because it I'm not really a fan of the food, so I just eat because I HAVE TO not because I enjoy it ... I guess I - eat to live, rather then - live to eat !

Well happy dieting IP'ers, Have a nice day !!!:p
:( Sorry you're sick...I wish i could take all pills instead of food....I asked my husband if he thought I could blend my protein (meats etc) so I could just drink it down real quick...then we both made funny faces and thought it would taste super gross!!! The other night I got a stomach bug (24 hours) and forced some food down, but not all of it... blah!

Get well soon!

JKfromIL
01-05-2012, 10:59 AM

I only get measured every 6 wks.

Pamelama
01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
WI #4 yesterday lost another 2.4 lbs!!

16.4 pounds in 28 days! So motivated to keep going!

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way ;)

JKfromIL
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
WI today another 5.8 lbs gone :). I really needed to hear that the last 2 wks were very low numbers.
Hope everyone has a good day :)

MustangMolly
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM

The one thing I have learned from this board is that no two coaches are the same. I get weighed and measured every week but that is all the support I get from my coach. I never knew anything was restricted until I found 3FC's. My very first day I was weighed and measured and told to pick out my food. I had to ask how many and my second week I had to ask which were restricted and I was told NONE!

MustangMolly
01-05-2012, 11:03 AM

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way ;)

Congrats, and I love what your son said.

lroderick
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
:( Sorry you're sick...I wish i could take all pills instead of food....I asked my husband if he thought I could blend my protein (meats etc) so I could just drink it down real quick...then we both made funny faces and thought it would taste super gross!!! The other night I got a stomach bug (24 hours) and forced some food down, but not all of it... blah!

Get well soon!

Thank you! I had the same bug, the day after New Years I got it along with like 10 family members, oh was I MISERABLE ! it lasted exactly 24 hours & then left me with this nasty cold! I find the chicken soup the most tolerable, I put it in a mug and just drink it down & I live on hot tea ... only upside to being sick is I feel super skinny !! lol

Lmflora
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I, I am a little worried about the WI. Last week was such a disaster (2lb gain) due to Christmas wine and weak ability to handle the holidays. We were only on the diet for 2 weeks before Xmas, I know that is an excuse, but I think it helps to have a routine, at least I have been OP since.

Question: my worst time for being hungry is in the evening between 7 and 8 pm. Is it ok to have sugar free jello (I make my own w Splenda & Knox) or..that 4th packet of chocolate drink heated up into a sweet creamy cocoa? I am doing herbal teas, etc (although I am up several times a night in the bathroom). What strategies do you folks use to get over those humps?

Next week the rat race begins and I will be spending 5 days a week away from home, but I will be living alone, so I should be able to keep on program. This semester will be very stressful. I think having a tight schedule with structure will help. I will have to call my weight into my coach, and my daughter will have to buy product for us. I am taking my scale into the clinic to calibrate it with theirs.

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?

Congratulations to everyone on their marvelous weigh- ins, and thanks agin to Wuv and all of you for inspiration. I read this every day, and I have learned so much. It helps to keep me focused.

Cheers

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy. :)that is so great, I bet after your stories they all are going to do great too. Just like you:D

I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store. hmmm I wonder if that is in canada, I really miss my cream (no fat creamer from lucerne) when I am phase 1ing it... thanks will have to look.

Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.like all have said every coach is different, I went through 3 coaches at my clinic, none of them measured the same or the same time... one I had for only two weeks and wanted to keep but she quit she was the best WANTED to look at my journal every week and measured every week and went through things much better. The other two were good in their own ways just different... one I had to ask to be measured... I usually did that when I had a low weight week, but everyone clinic is so different as every coach is different.
Did you have vivid dreams before doing IP? I know during IP I had some wowsers... when I went to maintenance I didn't so much but now back to phase 1 for the first 3 days am having food dreams once more... :hug:

Have a great day all and stay OP!

Pamelama
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM

I don't know if there is a "normal" regarding weighing & measuring....I would want to weigh every week to check progress and stay motivated. If her coach doesn't weigh her every week, she should do it at home (same time/day of the week) for herself. My coach weighs us every week & measures every 4 or so WI's.

sherylynn
01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
hmmm I wonder if that is in canada, I really miss my cream (no fat creamer from lucerne) when I am phase 1ing it... thanks will have to look.

My coach suggested using a bit of the vanilla RTD in my coffee if I wanted cream. It lasts in the refrigerator all week! I add a 2 T and heat it in the microwave. It makes your coffee taste like a latte.

It's adding to your intake, so take that into consideration if you add others items to your day (egg whites, etc.)

sherylynn
01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I am sad to see the variety within coaches. Having a good coach is key, especially in the beginning. After you get going, this site has as much knowledge or more than most coaches. I am very lucky, my coach has been very helpful and seems to know what she is talking about. She weighs and measures (all over - bust, waist, upper hip, lower hip, thigh, knee, arm) every week. She also does lean muscle etc. and we now have access to those online via an IP dashboard: http://ip.stayhealthy.com.

The clinic probably has to buy a membership or access to use the dashboard but it's nice to see all of your stuff online. It's only been the second week they added it, so there are no data to graph, but eventually I'll see graphs over time of my data: body fat percentage, weight, and hydration index.

trimup2day
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Mine was a sinus headache feeling too, it eventually did go away. Sleep helped! Also caffeine helps. I'll have a coffee to help.

I'm on day 5 and have experienced this sinus headache since day 2. Tried salt, sinus meds, coffee and still here. Is this part of diet? Can't wait to feel better!

New Englander - thank you for the private message. Im unable to respond as I haven't enough messages yet.

Greatly appreciate all the help and support on this forum!!

You All Are The BEST!!!!

idealpromom
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I love this diet!!!!!!
.....just saying
I love feeling good about myself !

Jodysbeach
01-05-2012, 11:58 AM
:smug: well, my WI was not as bad as I thought. I gained 2lb. I have been back on the plan and can't be happier. Thanks for the support.

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Question: my worst time for being hungry is in the evening between 7 and 8 pm. Is it ok to have sugar free jello (I make my own w Splenda & Knox) or..that 4th packet of chocolate drink heated up into a sweet creamy cocoa? I am doing herbal teas, etc (although I am up several times a night in the bathroom). What strategies do you folks use to get over those humps?

For me personally I am hungry at 3 and at 7:30 so here is my daily routine. I have 1 cup of veggies at lunch and then at 3:00 I have the 2nd cup of veggies and 2 bites of a bar. Then at 7:30 I have the rest of the bar. I know it doesn't sound like it would be enough but it always curbs the hunger. I drink a good amount of water with every meal and snack and it satisfies me and I have huge tummy rumbles before I eat. Good luck!

patns
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
oh, something else I wanted to say. I really don't want this to sound negative, so take it in the "realistic" light I want to convey. Some people are setting some really "high" expectations and that is great, but the reality is,not everyone loses like the program says. I did not cheat once and my average weight loss over the 5 months was 1.75 lbs. I think it depends on many things and age is one, if you are young, you will lose quicker for sure and then medical conditions and medications play a part. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism right before starting IP and my meds had to be adjusted during the course of the journey. Also, if you are post-meno your loses may not be as good. What I am getting at is that EVERYONE is different, I was a S-L-O-W loser in the IP world, but stuck with it (thanks to people like WUV encouraging me) Also remember the less you have to lose, it is slower or slows down a little, but remember it does work. Nothing else worked for me, that is why I went to the doctor, I had been going to WW for 3 months with no cheating and only lost 3 lbs, in hind sight I am sure the thyroid didn't help, but the IP diet is what I swear by, because even when I had small loses, I lost inches. Well, I am back on to journey to my final goal and I know it will be so much slower than some of you here, but it does work. FORWARD....MARCH!

Well said!!! It does get very discouraging to to in that category and see people so excited about big weekly losses.(Not that I wouldn't be too. but for all the reasons you mention for some of us slow and steady will win out.

I am noticing so many people saying they don't like the food. I don't think I ate many of the packets as they are made. There are so many excellent recipes on here and there used to be much more discussion on the threads about different ways to prepare things.
I will keep bumping FinnSteven's thread up mainly because I need refreshers on way to prepare so many things.

Oh another thing I wanted to add, on the weeks you don't have a big loss on the scales, that is usually the weeks you lose inches. With such quick weight loss you body needs time to adjust.
So often people will have huge losses in the first few weeks and then a week with a very low loss and they will be posting that the plan isn't working. That's why some people get annoyed with the word "only" in front of the amount lost.

What is amazing when you are a slow loser for valid reasons is how quickly the posters as a group change on here. So many people are finished and gone on to life on maintenance. It seems slow while you are going through the program but when you look over the course of a year so many people have totally changed their lives around. It is very encouraging.
Pat

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Way to go! :carrot:

EmilySebetka
01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Day 2: Still going! There was a lot of temptation to cheat yesterday; I was hungry constantly and was watching every tick of the clock for a reasonable time to eat again! LOL, I know that is just part of my body needed adjustments. I know for sure that I would have cheated yesterday if not for this site. So thank you all for that!!

The omelets are really good! I added 1/3 c green bell pepper, 1/3 c fresh mushrooms, and 1/3 c frozen onions, sauteed them in oil and then added my mix. I also put 1/8 tsp salt, a dash garlic powder, a bit of oregano, and a pit of pepper to taste. I'm hoping the veggies keep me full longer!! If not, I can always take the puppy for a walk since its gonna be 56 degrees today. IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY!!! WHAT IS THIS, GLOBAL WARMING???:mad:

Jk, good luck everyone!:carrot:

sandralosingweight
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to all the new members.

I chose to take a holiday break in which I am sure I have gained some weight with all the festive food and wine I had over the Christmas and New Year's period, except that I refuse to know how much exactly, I don't want to step on the scale before next week.

Today is my first day being back OP, and I will weigh-in next Thursday.

I am so much financially restricted now that I can't even afford to put an order online to get my alternative products. I still have some protein powder shakes and I found the cheapest bars at Walmart which are the slimdown bars from Jamieson, while on specials they are around $1 per bar, and I am buying the protein powders in big jars, they are usually 900g or so for about $35 or less if on special and 1 serving is 30g which makes a serving around $1 so I guess, as these are my cheapest options now, I will stick with them until I get in a better financial situation.

I hope everyone will have a very happy new year full of health.

rokkerchik20
01-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

I was off the plan for over a month, i had a wicked flu for about 2 weeks, lost a bit of weight, then bc it was right before Christmas i decided to wait to get back on plan!

Today is day 3, and boy do i feel like crap!

One thing i noticed, was i had been on ideal protein for almost 2 months beforehand, i LOVED the chocolate drink, and remember it being so sweet and yummy, its funny how our tastebuds change so quickly, cause tight now, it doesnt seem as good this time around, but i know that its just around the corner, just have to get thru this week!

Good luck to everyone today! Love coming here and feeling encouraged to push through!

Lmflora
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
For me personally I am hungry at 3 and at 7:30 so here is my daily routine. I have 1 cup of veggies at lunch and then at 3:00 I have the 2nd cup of veggies and 2 bites of a bar. Then at 7:30 I have the rest of the bar. I know it doesn't sound like it would be enough but it always curbs the hunger. I drink a good amount of water with every meal and snack and it satisfies me and I have huge tummy rumbles before I eat. Good luck!

Thanks 4Kiddos for responding!! that sounds like a good idea, because i seem to have to force myself to eat all those veggie at lunch when i feel fine with a small amount of food.

Cheers:smug:

DanafromAustin
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I get weighed, measured and body fat checked every week. Have to say I love my coach. She is extremely knowledgeable and really supportive too.

I smell everything too. I just read an article yesterday that said just smelling the food really does help the dieter in that it tricks the brain into thinking you actually ate it. Nice to know we all aren't crazy. lol

It's true we are all so different, but we will all get there even though our journeys maybe different. I do have to say though that I am very pleasantly surprised at my weight loss. Since having gone through menopause I was having a horrible time trying to lose weight. I'd loose like the first 10 pounds and then nothing. Even when I talked to my doctor about it she said said it is harder to loose now, but not impossible. When I first talked to my coach on the phone trying to find out some info on IP, I asked her how women who have been through menopause do on the plan. She told me she really doesn't see a difference with older or younger women. Truthfully I thought she was trying to sell me on the diet and that couldn't possibly be true. I'm happy to say she was totally telling me the truth as I've lost on average about 3.5 pounds per week.

The one thing I have learned from this board is that no two coaches are the same. I get weighed and measured every week but that is all the support I get from my coach. I never knew anything was restricted until I found 3FC's. My very first day I was weighed and measured and told to pick out my food. I had to ask how many and my second week I had to ask which were restricted and I was told NONE!
Sounds like your coach needs some further training.

Another question, I have to do something very physical next week which will kick my rear end: any tips for not falling over and collapsing? I do have energy on this diet, but I find I do get more tired when I have to work down at the barn and clean stalls for more then 30 or 40 minutes, what will that 4th packet do to ketosis?

An extra packet won't kick you out of ketosis. It will just add a few extra carbs and calories. But if you are going to be really physical then I would add an extra packet for sure.

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks 4Kiddos for responding!! that sounds like a good idea, because i seem to have to force myself to eat all those veggie at lunch when i feel fine with a small amount of food.

Cheers:smug:

I understand I really am satisfied at lunch with less so it works out great for me. This journey is all about finding your stride. I am in week 4 and I am finding that I am not constantly looking at the clock for my next meal. First 2 weeks I was sooooo hungry. Now I am in a pretty good routine. Seems like second nature. Hang in there! :hug:

frazzledmom04
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Morning everyone! Its such a yucky day here. Freezing rain and now snow. The busses didn't run so now I have the kids at home for the day. I'm actually looking forward to WI tomorrow. Last week was a 0 but this week feels so much better. I'm sure going back to the regular schedule has helped immensely. I just feel so much better this week eating at regular times instead of all over the place with holidays. Hope everyone has a fantastic day full of big or little NSV's!

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Day 2: Still going! There was a lot of temptation to cheat yesterday; I was hungry constantly and was watching every tick of the clock for a reasonable time to eat again! LOL, I know that is just part of my body needed adjustments. I know for sure that I would have cheated yesterday if not for this site. So thank you all for that!!

The omelets are really good! I added 1/3 c green bell pepper, 1/3 c fresh mushrooms, and 1/3 c frozen onions, sauteed them in oil and then added my mix. I also put 1/8 tsp salt, a dash garlic powder, a bit of oregano, and a pit of pepper to taste. I'm hoping the veggies keep me full longer!! If not, I can always take the puppy for a walk since its gonna be 56 degrees today. IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY!!! WHAT IS THIS, GLOBAL WARMING???:mad:

Emily ~ Be careful with the onions. They carmalize when cooked and they are not allowed. I don't know if it would keep you from ketosis but I wouldn't want to chance it. You could saute everything and top with onions without cooking. Just a thought!

Linden
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I,

If you're cleaning stalls for 40 minutes you could be burning as many as 4-500 calories. Another packet is surely called for and it won't affect ketosis.

Busymomx4
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow, the board sure got busy!

Welcome everyone, this diet is the best! I started this diet as a last resort as i was on the waiting list for weight loss surgery, well now i don't even think i would be eligible :)

I had bad headaches for the first 4 days i think but one morning i woke up and fell full of energy and felt fantastic and that feeling hasn't gone away.

I smell everything too, at our work christmas party, i even had my friend take one of my favorite drinks so that i could smell it, lol. But i've never had any problems cooking for my family and still bake a lot of yummy things.

I get weigh every week but rarely get measured. My coach would if i ask her but it doesn't really bother me to know or not.

Sandra - Sorry things are so difficult right now :hug: i babysit a 4-yo friday night til sunday night every week-end so that i can afford the products.

Ugh, been dealing with a sore, scratchy throat and barely have a voice since last friday, what is up with that :( I feel fine otherwise so not sure what`s going on...Drinking lots of water and herbal teas.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Jodysbeach
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
:carrot: I am off to the gym to walk the treadmill. I love my gym it makes me feel good about myself.:carrot:

Jodysbeach
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow, the board sure got busy!

Welcome everyone, this diet is the best! I started this diet as a last resort as i was on the waiting list for weight loss surgery, well now i don't even think i would be eligible :)

I had bad headaches for the first 4 days i think but one morning i woke up and fell full of energy and felt fantastic and that feeling hasn't gone away.

I smell everything too, at our work christmas party, i even had my friend take one of my favorite drinks so that i could smell it, lol. But i've never had any problems cooking for my family and still bake a lot of yummy things.

I get weigh every week but rarely get measured. My coach would if i ask her but it doesn't really bother me to know or not.

Sandra - Sorry things are so difficult right now :hug: i babysit a 4-yo friday night til sunday night every week-end so that i can afford the products.

Ugh, been dealing with a sore, scratchy throat and barely have a voice since last friday, what is up with that :( I feel fine otherwise so not sure what`s going on...Drinking lots of water and herbal teas.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Your story is amazing . My sister and I say that on this diet you lose weight as if you had surgery, it is at the same pace.
Love it !

Katied61
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Good Morning To All,

Awesome!! Keep up the stellar job :carrot:

Katied61
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Today is day 5 and this is the first day that I have really dealt with hunger between breakfast and lunch, headache too :(

How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.

rrrigos
01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi all just started IP today very hopeful...just had brocoli soup with brocoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it and it was pretty good...what are your favorite IP foods?
Any advice much appreciated...;)

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you for all the concern about my daughters test. It went well, she was a champ, and now we are both exhausted! Lol!

I was able to run by Wal - Mart and get some cucumber and red onion. I have a new favorite raw veggie recipe for lunches, I will post it later. It's nothing fancy but really spices up the cucumber so it's not as boring.

Congrats to all of those with SVs and NSVs today!! You guys are rocking it!! It makes me so anxious for my first "official" WI Monday!

Good Morning Everyone!

My headaches are sinusy headaches too. I actually took some Advil but I'm also dealing with TOM so I needed it for the cramps anyways.

Good morning IP folks. Tomorrow will be weigh in 4 for my daughter and I, I am a little worried about the WI. Last week was such a disaster (2lb gain) due to Christmas wine and weak ability to handle the holidays. We were only on the diet for 2 weeks before Xmas, I know that is an excuse, but I think it helps to have a routine, at least I have been OP since.

It depends on what your schedule is but could you have your evening snack then? That's what I generally do, dinner about 5-6ish and my evening snack whenever I get hungry, usually 8 or 9 with a cup of hot herbal tea.

Be careful with the onion, we're not supposed to have them cooked. When I have eggs for dinner I typically chop up some onion fine and sprinkle it on top. Plus I love the extra crunch it gives.

And no worries your body will adjust. I'm on day 4 of my restart and still looking at the clock (yesterday I had dinner at 4:30!) but I remember when I was OP last time actually forgetting to eat lunch until 1 or 2 because I just wasn't hungry. Great Job staying OP!!!!

Momto2cs
01-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Stick with it. It is the carb withdrawal. You will feel great in a couple more days! Keep up the salt and the water! Try some dill pickles!

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I am loving how many people are on the boards today and yesterday, its great. Good to see everyone around again and to all the new comer's, hang in there for your first week, it will ALL BE WORTH it when you weigh in next week!!!

sarahmayhem
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Good Morning To All,

You hit the 50lb mark! Wooo! Congrats :carrot:

Hang on!

It's always so hard to describe what you can and can't eat to people...everyone suddenly becomes a health expert and will tell you "you should eat fruit" or "you should be able to have a little carbs..." ...congrats on staying OP and civil to your sister in law haha!

Pam, that's so awesome! I always think of you, just because we started at the same time and have similar goals! You're doing awesome, and your son's comment is adorable :)

WI today another 5.8 lbs gone :). I really needed to hear that the last 2 wks were very low numbers.
Hope everyone has a good day :)

Wooo congrats :carrot:

I start the diet on 12/7, and was in the same boat as you...took 3 days to eat whatever I wanted during the holidays. Was up .8 on my next weigh in, but within the next week, I had lost it all plus more weight. Just get right back on program, and try and drink extra water to flush out all of the overindulgences hehe :)

How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.

haha I know the feeling. I started the diet on 12/7...peak Christmas party season. I'm not going to lie...it was REALLY hard. ...so many baked goods and comfort foods. Not to mention, staying sober while everyone else binged on spiked egg-nog was definitely depressing. ...Since then, I've tried to avoid going out to eat with friends/avoided most social situations in general. It's not so bad. ...and it's only a short term thing.

Hi all just started IP today very hopeful...just had brocoli soup with brocoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it and it was pretty good...what are your favorite IP foods?

I love the chilli, soy patties, RTD shakes and the bars. (Actually, all of the restricted foods are delicious!) ...the only foods I don't care for are the soups!

pitakitten
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Hello,

so I was going to post in the maintaining folks area but decided to do it here. I went on IP in april of 2010. did pretty good with maintaining up till this past october. Realized couple of weeks ago that I had gained 8 pounds from my desired weight which was 125. Basically decided to go strict phase 1 again as of this past monday which was the second. On tuesday I was 131.8, not sure what I am now but doesn't matter as I intend to do this for 2 weeks min. so that is all good and stuff BUT I am facing a problem which I didn't face the first time around and that is constipation!! not sure what I am doing differently but have not used the restroom since Monday and its begining to bother me.

btw, just wanted to say that this diet does work...the only reason I gained was because stress level went sky high and I stopped working out from mid sept and well I saw the result by mid december or so.

DanafromAustin
01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
If we meet friends at a restaurant I check out the menu online before I go to see what I can have. I find most restaurants really accommodating. If we go to someone's house I have been known to bring my own food.

I'm a creature of habit as I usually eat the same IP foods every day. Breakfast is always a bar, lunch is usually one the RTD chocolates or I have chicken soup. For my snack, which I have about 10pm, I alternate each night between the vanilla pudding which I turn into a milk shake and the jello packet. I don't like the jello as much, but my coach said to have it every other night because of the collagen.

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello,

so I was going to post in the maintaining folks area but decided to do it here. I went on IP in april of 2010. did pretty good with maintaining up till this past october. Realized couple of weeks ago that I had gained 8 pounds from my desired weight which was 125. Basically decided to go strict phase 1 again as of this past monday which was the second. On tuesday I was 131.8, not sure what I am now but doesn't matter as I intend to do this for 2 weeks min. so that is all good and stuff BUT I am facing a problem which I didn't face the first time around and that is constipation!! not sure what I am doing differently but have not used the restroom since Monday and its begining to bother me.

btw, just wanted to say that this diet does work...the only reason I gained was because stress level went sky high and I stopped working out from mid sept and well I saw the result by mid december or so.

I have found that if I eat the chocolate drink or chocolate pudding that does the trick for me if I haven't eaten them for a couple of days then I have trouble with "Big C" as well. Also, the Novi Lax seems to do the trick about 24 hours later for me. I remember someone posted about drinking a glass of warm salt water and that helped them. Hope you get to feeling better.

pitakitten
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I have found that if I eat the chocolate drink or chocolate pudding that does the trick for me if I haven't eaten them for a couple of days then I have trouble with "Big C" as well. Also, the Novi Lax seems to do the trick about 24 hours later for me. I remember someone posted about drinking a glass of warm salt water and that helped them. Hope you get to feeling better.

are you talking about the already made chocolate drinks or the powder mixes? I didn't purchase any of the powder stuff this time around. I did get a package of the dill pickle strings, I haven't tried them yet but if I remember most of the snack foods used to do the trick for me as well. I will try some of that tonight and see.

thanks for the suggestions! I am not going to weigh myself again till this is fixed :)

kdspirited
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone

Today is my first day back on IP since I left here in October to do some travel. I have to say after being off IP I realised what I was missing out on. Now that I am back I intend to loose the weight I had put on during my hiatus and reach my goal. I have about 18 lbs to go.

Today is day 2 and I already feel great. Coming down with a cold but I think I am going to battle through it by uping my water intake.

I am doing week 1 with no restricted foods. Also worked out 30 min on the treadmill and then weights and stretchng for about 10 min. Felt great had so much energy.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for the support you guys extended my way the first time around. And hope it will be a new me in 2012.

Mickeymom
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello Everyone.
Glad to see everyone is doing well on the plan. I took 2 weeks off and am now back on plan. And wow do i feel like CRAP! The first week is so tough..the headaches. But i know i will feel better soon.
One thing i realized is that i did not feel well when i was off plan. I was always tired, headaches, fatigued etc. I realized that eating whatever i want whenever i want did not make me feel better. I was excited to get back on plan and to start feeling better. I know it will be tough this time around but i plan to stay OP.
Good Luck to everyone.

Lakewood
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello,

Had the same issue. Coach (also an MD) said to use Milk of Magnesia (without sugar) because it holds water in the gut. I have done in a few times and works like a charm! I do it about 5 or 6 PM - and drink a huge glass of water before and after.

doublebaby
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
This is my fifth week of IP and my coach has weighed and measured every week but has never once looked at my food journal. I like her and she asks questions and we talk about the program but it surprises me that she doesn't ask to see my journal. It doesn't really bother me though.
I keep seeing RTD everywhere and can't for the life of me figure it out. Please tell me! I know once you do it will seem so simple like why couldn't I get that?
Thank you.
Reg

Bellamack
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Today is day 5 and this is the first day that I have really dealt with hunger between breakfast and lunch, headache too :(

I actually did hibernate the first couple of weeks, I started when I was sure I didn't have any "big" events and I also started on the long 4th of July weekend. My coach did warn me that I may not feel so good.

My restart after phasing off in November, hasn't been quite as bad. I don't have as bad a headache today (day 5) and I have not been as hungry, so I think I am slipping back into ketosis. The sinusy headache is part of it for sure and nausea too. By the end of week 2, you will say to yourself "hmmmm I almost forgot to eat" REALLY! Alot of peoples energy picked up around that time too. I never really got my "usual" energy back the whole time, but once I was briefly in maintenance, I was "zippy" again. So, like the diet energy levels vary for each person. Some people go all-out with exercise and feel great, others don't exercise at all. I walked moderately, but didn't do my usual, higher energy aerobics, because I just didn't have the energy. Search "Jennydoodle", she exercised all-out from the beginning and felt great.

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Day 5 is over half over and I think I feel ketois setting in. My headaches are gone :D, I'm not as tired :D and not as hungry :carrot:. I had the spaghetti today and it was awesome! To my fellow newbies...hang in there it does get better! :hug:

janniegoingdown
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone, I just got started on Monday and things are going real good. No cravings, hunger not to bad. I just have a question about Molly Mcbutter. Is it allowed? It is 0 fat, 1 carb doesn't list any sugar and this is for 1tsp. I sure would like to try a little on my veggies. Any one try it?

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Hello Everyone.
Glad to see everyone is doing well on the plan. I took 2 weeks off and am now back on plan. And wow do i feel like CRAP! The first week is so tough..the headaches. But i know i will feel better soon.
One thing i realized is that i did not feel well when i was off plan. I was always tired, headaches, fatigued etc. I realized that eating whatever i want whenever i want did not make me feel better. I was excited to get back on plan and to start feeling better. I know it will be tough this time around but i plan to stay OP.
Good Luck to everyone.

Glad to see you are back and going to stick with it til the end! :)

Bellamack
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
RTD = Ready to Drink. lol

New Englander
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone, I just got started on Monday and things are going real good. No cravings, hunger not to bad. I just have a question about Molly Mcbutter. Is it allowed? It is 0 fat, 1 carb doesn't list any sugar and this is for 1tsp. I sure would like to try a little on my veggies. Any one try it?
Hi! If it has one carb it's not allowed. It must have 0 carbs 0 fat and 0 sugar.

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Yes, its allowed also look for Land O Lakes cheddar cheese sprinkles, Sour Cream and there is also a Parmesan cheese sprinkle I believe...they are ALL YUMMY!

pitakitten
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM

as long as you keep your carbs below what your ketosis threshold is then you are fine. I remember mine was around 40gr of net carb and of course the way to figure that out is not that easy BUT I doubt 1 gr of carb is going to kick you out of ketosis.

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi! If it has one carb it's not allowed. It must have 0 carbs 0 fat and 0 sugar.

My coach told me we could have it, so I use it sometimes but also use it in moderation. Some things I use have 1 or 2 carbs in them. Its just like in a packet of Splenda I believe its 3 carbs per packet and we are allowed to use up to 3 packets a day. Every coach is different, we have established that. I have used all of the mentioned items and have had no problems with my continued success.

Pamelama
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=sarahmayhem;4158211]

Pam, that's so awesome! I always think of you, just because we started at the same time and have similar goals! You're doing awesome, and your son's comment is adorable :)
Wooo congrats :carrot:

Sarah, thanks! I think of you often as well :hug: We're both doing great!

doublebaby
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
RTD = Ready to Drink. lol

Ok, that I wouldn't have guessed!
Thanks

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
are you talking about the already made chocolate drinks or the powder mixes? I didn't purchase any of the powder stuff this time around. I did get a package of the dill pickle strings, I haven't tried them yet but if I remember most of the snack foods used to do the trick for me as well. I will try some of that tonight and see.

thanks for the suggestions! I am not going to weigh myself again till this is fixed :)

I was referring to the powder chocolate drink and the powder choc pudding. These two items seem to help me. Plus I eat a ton of brocoli and I make sure I get at least 2 nice sized salads with romaine lettuce every day. I don't get any snacks other than the bars so I can't tell you how those work on me. Drink tons of water and make sure you are getting your EVOO in every day too!

New Englander
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
My coach told me we could have it, so I use it sometimes but also use it in moderation. Some things I use have 1 or 2 carbs in them. Its just like in a packet of Splenda I believe its 3 carbs per packet and we are allowed to use up to 3 packets a day. Every coach is different, we have established that. I have used all of the mentioned items and have had no problems with my continued success.
Thanks for pointing that out...I've been told 0/0/0 so often I'm thinking of having it tattooed on my body!!! LOL!

abuck
01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone! I have decided to come out of Lurkville and actually be part of the group:wave: I have started IP 2 previous times but only managed very poor attempts (my longest was 4 days :o ) However, it's a new year and I have decided that my New Year's resolution is to NEVER have to make a resolution about my weight AGAIN.

My story is kinda lame as I had lost a bit of weight with hcg before my wedding about 9 months ago, but put it back + 40 lbs. This time I'm done with fads and am looking for MY LAST DIET.

I'm on day 3 and feeling pretty good. I was groggy the first 2 days but no headache today so I'm pretty happy. Everybody is doing great and I hope to be as successful as you all.

New Englander
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone! I have decided to come out of Lurkville and actually be part of the group:wave: I have started IP 2 previous times but only managed very poor attempts (my longest was 4 days :o ) However, it's a new year and I have decided that my New Year's resolution is to NEVER have to make a resolution about my weight AGAIN.

My story is kinda lame as I had lost a bit of weight with hcg before my wedding about 7 months ago, but put it back + 40 lbs. This time I'm done with fads and am looking for MY LAST DIET.

I'm on day 3 and feeling pretty good. I was groggy the first 2 days but no headache today so I'm pretty happy. Everybody is doing great and I hope to be as successful as you all.
Keep at it! For me it's too expensive to start over AND my husband would kill me for wasting the money!!! Seriously, please stick with it...looks like you and I have the same starting / ending point...join me and the others on this journey to get lose weight...IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!! :)

1FineChick
01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I go for my first weigh in tomorrow. So I'm excited to see what I've lost. But, I'm hoping I don't have sticker shock over the cost of next weeks meals. Also, I'm craving sweets real bad today. NE suggestions?

Mickeymom
01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks WUV. Glad to be back.

MustangMolly
01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I go for my first weigh in tomorrow. So I'm excited to see what I've lost. But, I'm hoping I don't have sticker shock over the cost of next weeks meals. Also, I'm craving sweets real bad today. NE suggestions?

When I get a craving for sweets I drink a cup of Good Earth brand Sweet and Spicy decaf tea. If that doesn't do it I'll have a tsp or so of my WF chocolate syrup.

abuck
01-05-2012, 05:52 PM

I loved the chocolate drink. It tastes like a creamy hot coccoa to me. Also liked the chocolate soy puffs, yummo!

1FineChick
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
thanks for the info Mustang I'll try the WF choc syrup, and to abuck thks

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
I need help from my fellow chicks. I am now able to make a signature but when I clicked on the get started link it said invalid. Then I made a signature and when I clicked preview it said failed. What am I doing wrong? I know someone will have the answers because you guys always do. Patiently waiting to get my signature working. ~ Aimee

SeaGal1
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
DAY 5...and going strong.

I've never actually gone on a diet before - I always just thought that I could exercise it off or just cut back on how much I ate to shed the pounds. That doesn't work for me anymore which is how I've ended up on IP and on this message board.
Hour by hour I feel like I'm not only taking back my health but my self confidence. I'm looking forward to finding and sharing the support in this journey on this message board.

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I need help from my fellow chicks. I am now able to make a signature but when I clicked on the get started link it said invalid. Then I made a signature and when I clicked preview it said failed. What am I doing wrong? I know someone will have the answers because you guys always do. Patiently waiting to get my signature working. ~ Aimee

Did you edit then save your signature?

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm on day 5 and have experienced this sinus headache since day 2. Tried salt, sinus meds, coffee and still here. Is this part of diet? Can't wait to feel better!

New Englander - thank you for the private message. Im unable to respond as I haven't enough messages yet.

Greatly appreciate all the help and support on this forum!!

You All Are The BEST!!!!

I realized mine gets better when I eat... But it kind of lingers.

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
DAY 5...and going strong.

I've never actually gone on a diet before - I always just thought that I could exercise it off or just cut back on how much I ate to shed the pounds. That doesn't work for me anymore which is how I've ended up on IP and on this message board.
Hour by hour I feel like I'm not only taking back my health but my self confidence. I'm looking forward to finding and sharing the support in this journey on this message board.

I'm on day 4 and feeling great! Little bit of sinus headaches BUT other than that I am not hungry. I am into a groove and it feels good!

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Did you edit then save your signature?

I tried to preview first and it said it failed?:?:

scarmon1118
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Good evening all!!! I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it was time. I'm so excited that I have almost hit my 50lbs mark in only 3 months!! It's insane... I almost cried when I went into Ann Taylor Loft with my sister and I was actually able to buy clothes there!!

One thing that I am finding is that I can't look in the mirror and see the change. I know my clothes are fitting better but I just don't see it... I have a very distorted body image from childhood thanks to some mean people. Does anyone else have this issue??

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM

i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after. She understands... But, my sister started going with us and she doesn't understand. She texted me today and said she made homemade guacamole for tonight. I am nervous because I used to eat guacamole by the gallon (Not really) but it's my favorite. It is going to be hard to watch them all eating it and i can't. I am not going to cheat, I just know that it'll bother me.

So my plan is to bring a pickle and my shake. Hopefully that will work :?:

Ishbel
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Good evening all!!! I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it was time. I'm so excited that I have almost hit my 50lbs mark in only 3 months!! It's insane... I almost cried when I went into Ann Taylor Loft with my sister and I was actually able to buy clothes there!!

One thing that I am finding is that I can't look in the mirror and see the change. I know my clothes are fitting better but I just don't see it... I have a very distorted body image from childhood thanks to some mean people. Does anyone else have this issue??

Take some progression pictures, do a side by side. It's there, HONESTLY! I have pictures every 35 lbs that are for my reference. So that when I feel like this (and I do even now 113 lbs down) I can look back and say "WOW...GO ME!" :)

Tmg1989
01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi. After starting Dec 1 I had so many friend's parties to attend. I won't fib and tell you it was easy BUT I wanted to be thin and healthy more than anything and told myself (as many have said in the forum) "this isn't forever. Go to the events and have trust in yourself that even a bite isnt worth it. Take your food if need be and kind people who care about you will understand!

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I tried to preview first and it said it failed?:?:

it took me a few times to try before mine worked. Its been 7 or so months I don't remember how....lol

Lorilou
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I forgot to eat all my packets today . Very busy work day and hunger finally getting under control. Is it okay if I just ate dinner at 5:45 and then have two packets by 9:00?

Pxlkitty4
01-05-2012, 08:03 PM
i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after.

Once you get more used to the diet, you can start experimenting with recipes. You can do shredded zucchini noodles and the following meatball recipe.

Spicy Southwest Meatballs .
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3834212-post440.html

I developed this recipe while doing the diet, and even my non-dieting friends would request them... I didn't want to make it for them, though, because it gets expensive.

idealpromom
01-05-2012, 08:40 PM
my coach says sugar free creamers are ok .........

Debbie64
01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after. She understands... But, my sister started going with us and she doesn't understand. She texted me today and said she made homemade guacamole for tonight. I am nervous because I used to eat guacamole by the gallon (Not really) but it's my favorite. It is going to be hard to watch them all eating it and i can't. I am not going to cheat, I just know that it'll bother me.

So my plan is to bring a pickle and my shake. Hopefully that will work :?:

I started IP the day after Thanksgiving. I work in an environment where sweets were abound. Also holiday parties to include ETOH. Learn what you can snack on. Cukes, celery, herbal teas. You can make Kale chips which really do end up tasting like a potatol chip. Cut up Kale, collards in bite size pieces, spray with olive oil and season of choice. I used ole bay seasoning and place in a 350 oven for about 10 min. and enjoy

DanafromAustin
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Technically no because we aren't suppose to eat anything that isn't on the list unless it's 0 fat/ 0 calories/ 0 carbs. That said, for just one carb I wouldn't loose any sleep over that one. Just like my coach says no Splenda, only Stevia, but I use Splenda anyway because I loose just fine with it. Have you tried just tossing some olive oil and sea salt on your veggies? Really good and no fake products on them like Molly McButter.

Debbie64
01-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone know the answer to flavored coffee beans? Can we have them? According to the manufacturer they have ZERO carbs and sugars?

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
it took me a few times to try before mine worked. Its been 7 or so months I don't remember how....lol

Lisa ~ I think I finally got it working. We'll see when I post. Thanks!

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Anyone know the answer to flavored coffee beans? Can we have them? According to the manufacturer they have ZERO carbs and sugars?

As far as I know I wouldn't see why not. I drink Pumpkin Spice coffee just about every day from Green Mountain Coffee. They say their coffee has no added sugar, carbs, calories, anything.

mrsmurphy
01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
So thank god for the I phone... I'm at my aunts and there is like massive good here and I forgot to bring my shake. So I'm literally crawling out of my skin. I just wanted to share thought out would make me feel better. Its harder than I thought.

4kiddos
01-05-2012, 10:14 PM
So thank god for the I phone... I'm at my aunts and there is like massive good here and I forgot to bring my shake. So I'm literally crawling out of my skin. I just wanted to share thought out would make me feel better. Its harder than I thought.

I don't know if you have the read the post yet "Why Not to Cheat" but it definitely gives a better perspective of why just a "little cheat" would be 2 steps backwards at this point. Hang in there and know that everyone here is behind you! Drink water or herbal tea until you get your shake. You can do it! :hug:

gs463
01-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I had my first "official" appointment tonight. The IP center is in a Chiropractor's office and I met with the Chiropractor tonight. I will be turned over to another coach as of Friday 1/13. I asked a ton on questions and it seems like I may have found a good IP location. I was told I would be weighed and measured once a week. She also told me that if at any point I felt like a coach was not informed or supportive to let her know.

I was started on the alternative plan for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. She said that when you have more weight to lose that if you start with the alternative plan the withdrawal from sugar/food will be less harsh. Honestly I am fine with that. She also said I could break up my protien and have some in a salad at lunch and less at dinner, spread my veggies out so I am not too hungry in the beginning. Funny, I asked about egg whites in addition to the allowed protein and to that she said no. She said 2-3 eggs (the whole egg) can be used as a protien.

I am excited and nervous. I just packed my lunch for tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress. I cannot believe how big some of those vitamins are. LOL

pandamoose
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
So my day started with a bang! First I threw up after taking my horse pills ;) then lunch came and guess who forgot to pack 2 cups of veggies!! I had to work late (which never happens) I was beat, wanted dinner to cook itself but got all that done and out of the way and took my second set of horse pills and sat down to watch some tv... well well well I ran to the bathroom and lost dinner and vitamins!!
So now that you know how my day went my question is: Is it ok that I do not plan on eating another dinner or taking any more vitamins??

ps. TOM started this morning! BUT I discovered Apple Cinnamon Soy Snacks!!! Just what I needed after my day :) It's all good but seriously I am not eating dinner or taking any more vities today!

Lakewood
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM

At one time I lost 72 pounds and went to buy new jeans with some friends. I went right to the size 16s. Too big. 14s - too big. Friends kept telling me the sizes I picked would be too big. I thought they were crazy. I ended up in size 9 jeans. NEVER in my life had I been a size 9. THEY saw it - I could not. Our minds can do strange things to us. So can mean people.

Take pictures and measure yourself. That will be proof. I still have to look at pictures to understand where I was and where I am now.

Susie

Gardengurl71
01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Hello everyone. I have been visiting this site for several days and reading lots of posts and threads but haven't yet figured out how to post something...so here goes.

I am on Day 8 and feeling great! :carrot:

When I am hungry or bored, I like to read posts about Ideal Protein (this thread and others). It REALLY helps to hear about all of your successes and struggles. It empowers me and gives me strength to keep on keepin' on. :)

My first weigh in showed a loss of 4.6 pounds after six days (and in the afternoon AFTER drinking about 120 oz. of water!!!). I was slightly disappointed because I had been PERFECT for the 6 days. Not one deviation, everything by the book. I had hoped to be those incredible people who lose 10 or more pounds the first week. Don't get me wrong...I am still happy with 4.6 pounds!!!!

One thing I have noticed since beginning Ideal Protein is that I am almost MORE proud of staying OP for 8 days with NO CHEATS than I am of the weight loss. It feels good to be in control of food...I have let it control me for way too long!

Thanks to all of you for sharing and letting me soak up your experience :)

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 12:26 AM

I drink the flavored coffee every morning with my apple cinnamon puffs, so I would say yes its fine :)

Hello everyone. I have been visiting this site for several days and reading lots of posts and threads but haven't yet figured out how to post something...so here goes.

I am on Day 8 and feeling great! :carrot:

When I am hungry or bored, I like to read posts about Ideal Protein (this thread and others). It REALLY helps to hear about all of your successes and struggles. It empowers me and gives me strength to keep on keepin' on. :)

My first weigh in showed a loss of 4.6 pounds after six days (and in the afternoon AFTER drinking about 120 oz. of water!!!). I was slightly disappointed because I had been PERFECT for the 6 days. Not one deviation, everything by the book. I had hoped to be those incredible people who lose 10 or more pounds the first week. Don't get me wrong...I am still happy with 4.6 pounds!!!!

One thing I have noticed since beginning Ideal Protein is that I am almost MORE proud of staying OP for 8 days with NO CHEATS than I am of the weight loss. It feels good to be in control of food...I have let it control me for way too long!

Thanks to all of you for sharing and letting me soak up your experience :)

And just to think, this is how you feel after 8 days, imagine how you will feel in 8 weeks!!.....your whole life will change for the better!..Keep up the great work!

newmom7611
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Alright chicks--- so I finally have a budget down for all the food I need for this diet--- but buying these dog gone vitamins kill me-- has anyone taken or found anything to take alternatively? I'm so nervous to deviate at all but seriously $23 PER BOTTLE??!! Sheesh. I've been a stay at home mom to my 6 month old, and I've been planning on keepin that title but I just got a part time job basically to support this diet. It's really pulling at our finances. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mrsmurphy
01-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't know if you have the read the post yet "Why Not to Cheat" but it definitely gives a better perspective of why just a "little cheat" would be 2 steps backwards at this point. Hang in there and know that everyone here is behind you! Drink water or herbal tea until you get your shake. You can do it! :hug:

i survived! thank god! I made it through the night without cheating and after i stopped focusing on it so much ... it didn't really bother me!

wuv2bloved
01-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Alright chicks--- so I finally have a budget down for all the food I need for this diet--- but buying these dog gone vitamins kill me-- has anyone taken or found anything to take alternatively? I'm so nervous to deviate at all but seriously $23 PER BOTTLE??!! Sheesh. I've been a stay at home mom to my 6 month old, and I've been planning on keepin that title but I just got a part time job basically to support this diet. It's really pulling at our finances. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't buy the IP supplements, I use the Centrum for women, omega 3, 6, 9, cal/mag, potissim from Sam's. Big bottle for $13. I get as close to the IP as I can find.
i survived! thank god! I made it through the night without cheating and after i stopped focusing on it so much ... it didn't really bother me!

CONGRATS you are ONE step closer to establishing your NEW lifestyle....See what happens when you DON'T focus on food and drinks but have fun with your friends and enjoy the company of others?