General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/144.6/125

Height: 5'4

Default anyone know any god shrimp and scallop recipes??

Hi!! Basically the title... does anyone know any good shrimp and scallop recipes?? Something healthy of course, low cal is a plus. Thanks!!
FeelinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/135/133

Height: 5'7"

This shrimp, tortellini & spinach recipe is one of my favorites:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...ch-107842.aspx.

It's a pretty versatile recipe, too. I've substituted chicken for the shrimp a few times and it's just as yummy.
LovelyComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Super simple ... but best in the summer when you can get fresh tomatoes and basil and garlic. Get a HEAVY skillet onto medium high heat, and pour in a little olive oil. I like a peppery, in-your-face one to offset the sweetness of the scallops. Saute the garlic first, then sear one side of the scallops. When you flip them over (two minutes), add a couple cups of chopped tomato and the basil (how much is a proportion preference), slap a tight-fitting lid on the skillet, and take it off the heat. You're eating in less time than it took to warm up the skillet. We usually just dump it out onto fresh spinach or greens, crank a little pepper onto it, and dive in. If company's over, we dress it up with a fancier arrangement.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/144.6/125

Height: 5'4

i think i'll try both of these!!!! thanks so much!
FeelinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #5  
is chubby

I love shrimp and it them often (every other day) for zinc and protein

Shrimp omelette: 2 eggs, 50gr of small shrimp, half an onion and a spoonful of lowfat cream. Whisk the eggs with the cream, dice the onions and dry them in a non-stick pan, add shrimp until they are soft, add eggs and wait until they are firm. Remember to move the onions and shrimp around until you add the eggs so they don't burn.

Shrimp fried rice: Prepare rice the day before, boil it and lay it out to dry on a tray in the fridge. Next day fry the shrimp with onion sweet peppers and mushroom in two tbsp of peanut oil and add the dry rice. Add a dash of curry powder and stirr until the color is even. Enjoy

Shrimp crackers: Shrimp and a tsp of firm joghurt on a whole wheat cracker with just a little bit of anice.

Shrimps rule!
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote