Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #1  
Yo-Yo Dieter

S/C/G: 204/204/135

Height: 5'8

Default New and Tired of Heading Down Hill

Hi I am a SAHM of 204lbs, my heaviest well not being pregnant which was 210 and delivering. I can't remember not dieting and failing since High School. At 34 that means 20 years of dieting-losing-gaining-dieting. Last year my health was getting bad... cholesterol, pre-diabetic, liver function... so I lost 30lbs it was great me and my husband were working really hard, then my husband lost his job, and my stress eating went out of control again and poof I am back where I started but the symptoms of the previous problems are starting back again and my husband is working so I shouldn't have an excuse just to let myself go. I say to myself on this day or that day and won't it be great and yet it's the 4th and I am still cramming the junk in and laying around.
Anyways watching my eating and recording everything helped in the past so that is what I will do. Then in a couple of days I will start scaling back to the 1500-1700 calories a day I should be eating to lose. I have a dog who needs to be walked and the weather is great so I should be getting out a walk in the morning and a trip to the park with the kids in the evening would be good for us all. I got a recumbent bike I am in front of the TV at least an hour so I should be jumping back on it too. I also have free weights and yoga DVD's that depending on how the rest goes, I will start. I can't expect imediate change, but I need to change something, anything now.
Other message boards have helped me in the past with TTC so I hope this will help me feel less isolated being the only grown up in my home, the only fat girl in my family, the only one at home all day with time out of my friends. My husband in his new work if off living his life. Is there a better time then right now to focus as much as I can on me? The time I'd be focusing on him can be about me now, I should be living my life for myself and when he comes home we can share but when we are apart I can be selfish.
CADreaming1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Your plan sounds solid and reasonable. And yes - you definitely need to do this for yourself. You deserve to focus on you, plus your whole family will reap the rewards of having a healthier mom!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Your plan sounds good. I am a calorie counter too have had success. It has not been fast but looking back to when I started, it I feel so much better! It is time to take care of yourself.
Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dreaming, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 30-Somethings, Dieting with Obstacles, and the Calorie Counters sub-forums
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote