General chatter - Playoffs?! (NFL) Playoffs?!

View Full Version : Playoffs?! (NFL) Playoffs?!

shanhat81
01-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I didn't see a thread, so I wanted to ask ...

Who's ready for some football this weekend?????

Go Giants!!!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Go RAIDERS....

wh...wha...whadda ya mean their not playing?

double dang!

shanhat81
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Go RAIDERS....

double dang!

I was rooting for them!!!

MissGuided
01-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Go RAIDERS....

double dang!

:( That hurts.

EZMONEY
01-05-2012, 10:02 PM
^^ X2 Above ^^ like!

shishkeberry
01-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Go Giants!!!! :carrot:

Yes, go Giants! (Not a Giants fan primarily, but I am as long as they aren't playing the Ravens. DF is a Giants fan so I support them when I can. But this mama bleeds purple and black.)

Ball So Hard! Can't wait for next week! GO RAVENS!

ICUwishing
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll sit down and watch some of the Lions game - I always told DH if they got in the playoffs, I would. Let's just gently say that it's been years since I've had to sit down for it. :D

Italiannie
01-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Hoping the Packers go all the way again. They have a by week, so I won't be watching my beloveds this weekend.

josey
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Hoping the Packers go all the way again. They have a by week, so I won't be watching my beloveds this weekend.

Same here! Go Packers Go!!!!

EZMONEY
01-06-2012, 11:36 PM
My future son in law is from New York and a GIANTS fan...

so since the RAIDERS aren't in it....

why not!

But then there is always...

Tebow...

or Ben.

shishkeberry
01-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Ben. Ugh. He's such a raping rapist.

shanhat81
01-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, go Giants! (Not a Giants fan primarily, but I am as long as they aren't playing the Ravens. DF is a Giants fan so I support them when I can. But this mama bleeds purple and black.)

Ball So Hard! Can't wait for next week! GO RAVENS!

If you all are local B'more fans ... I'm not too far away!!!! Have to pull for the locals in the AFC.

I am excited for tonight's game!!! Lions-Saints will be a total shootout.

JerseyGyrl
01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!:dancer::woohoo:

shishkeberry
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
If you all are local B'more fans ... I'm not too far away!!!! Have to pull for the locals in the AFC.

I am excited for tonight's game!!! Lions-Saints will be a total shootout.

I'm sort of local...I only live about an hour from Baltimore, but I live in Steelers Country! :barf::cry:

JerseyGyrl
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I live in Steelers Country!

It's a STEELER NATION!:cp::woohoo:

shishkeberry
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Aw, what a shame. Better luck next year. ;) :lol:

JerseyGyrl
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Anxious to see how the Bronco's fare against New England:rolleyes:

shishkeberry
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Should be an interesting game. Especially since I don't think the Patriots beat anyone this year with a winning record. It won't be the cakewalk that everyone thinks it will be.

EZMONEY
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Don't think Tebow and his boys will do well against Tommy and his guys but very happy for Tebow!

Even though I am all ALL RAIDERS!!!

The kid deserves it for who he is...not for who people pretend him to be.

A lot of heart left on the field by both Tim and Ben...

shanhat81
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
GIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAANNNNNTTTTTSSSS!!!

junebug41
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Didn't the Broncos beat the Pats in the playoffs the last time they were there in 2005? I know the odds aren't in our favor, but I've learned they don't really apply to the Broncos this season anyway!

Italiannie
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
OK.... Another Playoff Weekend.
Who are you cheering for?

For me, it's PACKERS all the way.

As an aside, here's a very inspiring article on Tim Tebow. Can't help but want to see them beat New England. Just my opinion.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

EZMONEY
01-14-2012, 01:46 AM
No way Tebow can win now...;)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/01/13/mass-witches-assembling-to-end-tim-tebows-season-keep-tom-bradys-alive/?intcmp=features

Italiannie
01-14-2012, 08:55 AM
"No way Tebow can win now"

The world has gone crazy!

gimmeMYbodyBACK
01-14-2012, 01:31 PM
PATRIOTS TONITE!!! Don't let my info fool you, I am Massachusetts born and bred! I've got a healthy white bean and chicken chili going in the crock pot right now, loaded with onions and peppers, garlis, smells delicious! Can't wait!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/slide-jump/lb/202/130/194.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

OnaMi
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Come on Tebow :cheer:

If the Broncos Win,it will be Huge :carrot:

FrouFrou
01-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Bronco's are my team...win or lose!

EZMONEY
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Well, at least the Saints and 49ers had a watchable game...

dang!

Italiannie
01-15-2012, 09:48 AM
That was a great game (Niners and Saints).
Other game - turned it off at half time - must congratulates the Patriots on a great win, although I love that Tebow.
Today, I'm all about the PACKERS!

Italiannie
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
My beloved PACKERS played a terrible game!
Couldn't catch it to save their lives, and the secondary was horrible.
Arron Rodgers couldn't do it on his own - Still love them though.

EZMONEY
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
WOW...did not expect that in Green Bay, although I was pulling for the Giants for my future sil and a good friend of mine. Thought they might have a chance but not like that!

shanhat81
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
GIANTS!!!!

My jaw is still on the floor.

Kudos to the Niners, and I suppose, to the Patriots.

Baltimore -- play like that next week and you are not going to be a happy team.

EZMONEY
01-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Go Giants...in honor of my future sil and a very good friend!

great games today!

bandit bear
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
While I'm a Chargers fan (don't even mention it), I was rooting for the Niners being in NorCal and all. :-( Would have been a great game, instead we get the same thing all over again what we had for Superbowl XLII.

Oh well, hopefully the Chargers will be awesome either next year or the next so I will be able to afford to go to the Superbowl!

One thing I hate about football is that it turns people into jerks. People are talking so much smack all around about every team.... it's annoying. It's just sports people! It's supposed to be fun! Don't you think I was sad when the Chargers didn't make it to the playoffs? Sure. Did I talk smack about the other team who beat us? Well, yes, but I didn't post it all over FB.

shanhat81
01-23-2012, 10:33 AM
While I'm a Chargers fan (don't even mention it), I was rooting for the Niners being in NorCal and all. :-( Would have been a great game, instead we get the same thing all over again what we had for Superbowl XLII.

Oh well, hopefully the Chargers will be awesome either next year or the next so I will be able to afford to go to the Superbowl!

One thing I hate about football is that it turns people into jerks. People are talking so much smack all around about every team.... it's annoying. It's just sports people! It's supposed to be fun! Don't you think I was sad when the Chargers didn't make it to the playoffs? Sure. Did I talk smack about the other team who beat us? Well, yes, but I didn't post it all over FB.

Must do this first ...

GIANTS!!!!!

Okay.

I hate smack talk. There is a difference btwn good-natured heckling and out-and-out trash talk. I also hate it when fans of an opposing team cheer after an injury.

bandit bear
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that's really mean. Or when people get into physical fights! That poor Giants fan down in LA.... those stupid Dodgers fans who literally almost killed him because of the team he was rooting for. So shameful. Don't be a sore winner and don't be a sore loser.

EZMONEY
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Those were not fans bandit bear, they were just thugs!

Already death threats on the kid from the 49er's that screwed up on the punt and fumble....

a sad society!

bandit bear
01-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that some of the kinds of people who go to games are just looking for a fight. I hear he's doing a lot better though!

As for the 49ers player, I just feel so sad for him. He messed up, it happens! It is a sad society indeed when he's getting death threats.

I love sports, but I don't like this aspect of sports. They can really bring out the worst in people.

konfyoozed
01-24-2012, 02:49 AM
redskins fan here (don't blame me, i grew up in the DC area, less than 30 mins from the stadium!)... hubby is a packers fan.

this weekend and last weekend i'm 0 for 6 in teams i wanted to see win. though the rematch of the superbowl from a few years ago should be interesting. hoping princess tom and the brady bunch get there collective booty kicked! even though it hurts to cheer for the giants. heh.