South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'7

Default Portion Size help

Hi! I'm new here and on day 4 of Phase 1! WHOO! I already feel better!
My question is about portion sizes and how much to eat on a daily basis. I got the book and saw how all the meals and snacks can be planned out for you. I feel like that is too much for me and won't help a huge issue I've always faced: over-eating and watching portion size.

I seem to be eating less than what the book would like me to eat at each meal, but I do not feel hungry and actually feel quite full. So do I keep loading up on chicken and veggies even after I'm full? Or can I eat less than what's offered in the book?

Also - on a kind of unrelated topic...on Phase 1, it says no fruit. Would lemon juice (freshly squeezed) be ok? I've been using it to add flavor to plain chicken and find it super enjoyable, but obviously its a "fruit jucie" and wasn't sure if this was bad for Phase 1??
blondiekates528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full! As long as you are getting your 4.5 cups of veggies and some protein, dairy, and good fats in there... there is no calorie counting or portion sizing! Obviously there is eating too much of something (like a 15 oz steak!) but if you are only eating "on plan" foods then you should be fine! And if you get full then definitely don't keep eating!

And yes, lemon juice is fine to use in P1!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'7

Thank you! I guess I do need to throw some more veggies in there (veggies instead of baby bell lites for a snack) but I feel better now!

And glad lemon juice is ok. I've decided to cut out coffee (I just can't drink it w/o my vanilla creamer), so I've switched to hot water and lemon.

-Thanks agaim from a fellow Katie
blondiekates528 is offline   Reply With Quote