Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/4/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/4/2012

NavyMommy
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NavyMommy
01-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Good morning!!

I guess Wuv didn't get the chance to start the thread last night so I hope it's okay that I did.

Day 3 of my restart and I'm feeling pretty good. I have all my energy in the morning so I need to get my work done now since I slacked off yesterday. I also went to bed at 8:15 last night which helped.

Does anyone know what the consensus is on having broth on this diet? I have a ton of homemade broth in the freezer, but I'm not sure if it's totally okay or not since I boiled the chicken / turkey carcass with onion and carrot. It was just used for flavoring and was all strained out. It's so cold here I would LOVE a bowl of hot soup for dinner!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!

mamacitaof2
01-04-2012, 08:11 AM
The last couple of mornings I've felt a llittle off after eating breakfast and taking my vitamins. It's not really a dizzy feeling, but a surreal feeling. Does anyone else experience this?

rissimo
01-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
Yesterday's weigh in....down another 2.6 pounds!
hope everyone has a great OP day.

hmt1372
01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Good Morning fellow IP'ers. Hope everyone is having a great morning so far. So I had my third WI last night and thankfully it was a "woosh" moment...I lost 18 lbs. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that at my second WI, I had GAINED 10 lbs due to TOM and water retention. I was not to be deterred and just kept going with the program with the help of your encouraging words. So that brings my three week total to 18.8 lbs and 20.5 inches gone forever. How exciting is that? My husband is also doing the program and he has lost 18lbs. I think we are really starting to get into the groove of this program and it is definitely working. We started the plan because his brother lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks fantastic!!! I lurk around these threads daily because it is so motivating to see the consistency of losses everyone has, which tells me that this way of life truly does work. Finally, something that lives up to its claims.

So I have a question about meat. I've read different posts on the subject and want to see what the majority of you have been told or are doing...I've read that the new guideline is 8 oz of meat for your daily meal, but my coach sticks to the 5 oz (I asked her about it last night and she was very adamant that it was only 5 oz). What are ya'll doing? Are those 3 oz going to really make THAT much of a difference? My thinking is no, it won't, especially since I have a lot of weight to lose.

Have a great day and good luck to all, especially those of you in your first week. It gets easier moving into the second week, I promise. Just remember this first week and you won't be tempted to cheat, as least I'm not because I don't want to go through that again. =)

NavyMommy
01-04-2012, 08:42 AM
The last couple of mornings I've felt a llittle off after eating breakfast and taking my vitamins. It's not really a dizzy feeling, but a surreal feeling. Does anyone else experience this?

It could be the vitamins, especially if you're not used to taking them. I used to take Shaklee vitamins and even if I had food on my stomach I got a 'vitamin rush' type feeling. Are you eating first? If it really bothers you you could talk to your coach about switching them around until after you have your veggies and have some real food on your stomach. I don't take any of my vitamins until after lunch (although that's because of medications that I have to take in the morning).

Good Morning IPeeps,

Congrats!!! WTG!

Good Morning fellow IP'ers. Hope everyone is having a great morning so far. So I had my third WI last night and thankfully it was a "woosh" moment...I lost 18 lbs. Now I know that sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that at my second WI, I had GAINED 10 lbs due to TOM and water retention. I was not to be deterred and just kept going with the program with the help of your encouraging words. So that brings my three week total to 18.8 lbs and 20.5 inches gone forever. How exciting is that? My husband is also doing the program and he has lost 18lbs. I think we are really starting to get into the groove of this program and it is definitely working. We started the plan because his brother lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks fantastic!!! I lurk around these threads daily because it is so motivating to see the consistency of losses everyone has, which tells me that this way of life truly does work. Finally, something that lives up to its claims.

So I have a question about meat. I've read different posts on the subject and want to see what the majority of you have been told or are doing...I've read that the new guideline is 8 oz of meat for your daily meal, but my coach sticks to the 5 oz (I asked her about it last night and she was very adamant that it was only 5 oz). What are ya'll doing? Are those 3 oz going to really make THAT much of a difference? My thinking is no, it won't, especially since I have a lot of weight to lose.

Wow congrats!!! It's amazing what TOM can do to our bodies, but 18lbs is incredible!!! That's also wonderful that you have such a supportive coach and your hubby is on board. Mine is very supportive but honestly has no idea what I'm going through because he has always been as skinny as a rail.

RE the meat question. I am pretty sure it's now a general consensus that IP has changed the requirements, but if your coach hasn't been to any recent training they might not be up to date. On the sheet my coach gave me back in October she crossed out the different guidelines for fish and chicken, beef, pork and wrote 5-8oz above it. I generally eat 2 tilapia fillets for dinner and when I've weighed them it's between 7 and 8 ounces. I've attached what I believe is the most recent set of guidelines. HTH!

ETA: Where in VA are you? I'm heading back there in a few months (that's where we're from) and would love to find a local IP clinic up there.

Sarahtobig
01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi iv been on for 8wks lost 25 pnds but now its slow,any help?

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Hey Everyone,

On day three... I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal? I didn't eat bad to begin with, i have been watching what I eat for the past month or so, so I was cognizant of what I putting into my body. I wasn't a crazy carb person, but I expected more withdrawal than what I am experiencing. However, the CRAVINGS are ridiculous. I found myself trying to sleep last night and I couldn't because all i could think about was FOOD!!

I did have a terrible headache last night. I hope the headaches subside. Had egg whites and a shake for breakfast today. I am surprised that I have been getting up early enough to eat the egg whites and get my lunch together for the day, normally i am rushing out the door brushing my teeth, lol. I also prepared stuff before i went to bed which is also new for me! This site helps me a lot.

Teach2lose
01-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I have been having a hard time getting back into the plan. I was off most of the holidays. I know I just need to do it. I haven't gone to weigh in yet because I was out of town. I need to get back on track! Reading all of your posts is very inspiring! Thanks!

JKfromIL
01-04-2012, 09:10 AM

I understand. I am in my 9th week and the past two WIs were.8 and 1.6. When you stay OP 100% during the holidays that is a downer. (but they say that it is probably due to some medication changes that I have had) hoping tomorrows WI will be much better. My clothes fit better so even I'd there is not much of a lose at least something is happening.

mamacitaof2
01-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Mrsmurphy,
I read on another post that you should lick sea salt from your palm, have a glass of water and 15-20 later your headache should be gone.

I also did not have the crazy withdrawls for the same reason. I didn't eat a lot of carbs either. I still have some cravings, especially when the kids are eating a snack I used to LOVE!

Last night I had a dream of eating a big juicy cheeseburger. I think a hamburger will have to be on the menu tonight!

Navymommy,
Thanks! I think it might be a vitamin rush. I took them before I had eaten, so next time I'll try taking them after I eat. The feeling doesn't last very long, so that must be it!

EmilySebetka
01-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan. Tomorrow I plan on trying the omelet because there are ways to make them tasty. Has anyone else found the cereal to be nauseating? What are the best IP breakfasts?

Gotta get some groceries before lunch. I plan on using broccoli to stretch the broccoli and cheese soup. I might even spoil myself and get some fish for suppers!!:D

frazzledmom04
01-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey Everyone,

On day three... I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal? I didn't eat bad to begin with, i have been watching what I eat for the past month or so, so I was cognizant of what I putting into my body. I wasn't a crazy carb person, but I expected more withdrawal than what I am experiencing. However, the CRAVINGS are ridiculous. I found myself trying to sleep last night and I couldn't because all i could think about was FOOD!!

I did have a terrible headache last night. I hope the headaches subside. Had egg whites and a shake for breakfast today. I am surprised that I have been getting up early enough to eat the egg whites and get my lunch together for the day, normally i am rushing out the door brushing my teeth, lol. I also prepared stuff before i went to bed which is also new for me! This site helps me a lot.

I too didn't have alot of the withdrawl symptoms. A couple mild headaches but thats it and now after being on the program for 3 months I only get one when I haven't had enough salt. You'll do fantastic!

Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan. Tomorrow I plan on trying the omelet because there are ways to make them tasty. Has anyone else found the cereal to be nauseating? What are the best IP breakfasts?

Gotta get some groceries before lunch. I plan on using broccoli to stretch the broccoli and cheese soup. I might even spoil myself and get some fish for suppers!!:D

I have the crispy cereal just about every morning but I turn it into a pancake and then use some of the WF pancake syrup or WF raspberry jam. I couldn't stand the cereal as a cereal. I also like the omelette's because you can add so amny different veggies to it and get different tastes. Good luck!!

pandamoose
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Good morning IP'ers! So today is my first day back at my Food Brokerage job, I'm looking forward to see how I view all that food now that it is off limits! Good luck to everyone :) I will check back later today...

Lorilou
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Hello everyone! It's nice to see all of the advice, sharing and support this site provides. I'm on day four and I am tired of eating my lettuce! I know I have to eat it so I will. Not a big fan of the soups. I may just switch to a drink and big salad. I had the yogurt drink and really loved it. My energy is low but from what I hear that will change soon. WI is Saturday and I can't wait to see how much I have lost. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong and positive! :hug:

EmilySebetka
01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I have the crispy cereal just about every morning but I turn it into a pancake and then use some of the WF pancake syrup or WF raspberry jam. I couldn't stand the cereal as a cereal. I also like the omelette's because you can add so amny different veggies to it and get different tastes. Good luck!!

How do you make the cereal into a pancake? I really don't think I could have it again... I'm too used to Captain Crunch!! lol

sekc14
01-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I've been OP through the holidays and even began exercising and was very active swimming, hiking, horseback riding, and doing chores around the barn. Suddenly my at home weight went up 2 #s! Aargghh!! My clothes feel looser and I feel more fit, could it be muscle gain? Has anyone experienced this? It's not TOM either. I did use lots of WF syrups in coffee and to make hot chocolate with small amt of skim milk. Could WF cause water weight gain?

leganegan
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Have a great day and good luck to all, especially those of you in your first week. It gets easier moving into the second week, I promise. Just remember this first week and you won't be tempted to cheat, as least I'm not because I don't want to go through that again. =)

It is so great that you and your hubby are doing it together! It makes eating much easier! That support system from him and us on the site will keep you on track!

I must be honest here...I never weighed my meat, only time i do is when I order something from butcher or seafood guy. And I have managed to lose 43 lbs. So... I say the 3 oz doesn't matter, some days you will have a little less or a little more.

I have been having a hard time getting back into the plan. I was off most of the holidays. I know I just need to do it. I haven't gone to weigh in yet because I was out of town. I need to get back on track! Reading all of your posts is very inspiring! Thanks!

You aren't alone. I jumped back on phase 1 yesterday to clean up the damaged I caused during the holidays (not the best time for me to start maintenance). But just remember how good you will feel after a week OP! I already feel thinner and energetic. Keep coming on here or doing something else to distract you from food and cravings. YOU CAN DO IT! WE ALL CAN. :)
(P.S. I haven't weighed myself since the 15th, I think I will weight 2 weeks on phase 1 eating and then do it.) I got a scale for Christmas so I can be my own coach for the rest of my life...

Mrsmurphy,
I read on another post that you should lick sea salt from your palm, have a glass of water and 15-20 later your headache should be gone.

I also did not have the crazy withdrawls for the same reason. I didn't eat a lot of carbs either. I still have some cravings, especially when the kids are eating a snack I used to LOVE!

Last night I had a dream of eating a big juicy cheeseburger. I think a hamburger will have to be on the menu tonight!

Those dreams will stop eventually. Isn't it nice waking up and realizing you didn't eat it. phew!

Navymommy,
Thanks! I think it might be a vitamin rush. I took them before I had eaten, so next time I'll try taking them after I eat. The feeling doesn't last very long, so that must be it!

Day one of IP...

Have you tried making a pancake with the cereal packet instead???

sarahmayhem
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Ugh I know that feeling; it always hits me when I'm driving to work. I get it everything I take pills in the morning though. Do you eat breakfast before taking your vitamins, or after? If I take them on an empty stomach, the feeling is much more present. Try drinking a lot of water with them?

Good Morning IPeeps,

Damn girl! You're doing awesome :carrot:

That's incredible!! I'm so glad you stuck with it! that's over 5lbs a week loss...amazing! Congrats :)

And as for the meat question, it's definatley more than 5oz. My sheet says 8oz seafood, 6oz other lean meat (chicken, beef, etc.)

----

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! I had the peanut butter soy puffs with this morning, with my chocolate flavored coffee. ...what a nice way to start the day haha :)

frazzledmom04
01-04-2012, 10:07 AM
How do you make the cereal into a pancake? I really don't think I could have it again... I'm too used to Captain Crunch!! lol

I use 2 egg whites (1/4 cup) about 1/2tsp baking powder sprinkle cinnamon and about 1-2oz water. Crunch up the cereal with a rolling pin and then mix it all up together and voila! Pancake mix. Give it a go. I guarantee it's better then the cereal by itself.

sherylynn
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Where in VA are you? I'm heading back there in a few months (that's where we're from) and would love to find a local IP clinic up there.

NavyMommy - I'm not ETA but I'm in VA. My clinic is in Great Falls, VA and is very good. I haven't had the problems that some detail about coaches who don't know what they are talking about. In fact, it is through my chiropractor's office and he and all his staff tested the program to decide if he should open IP as part of his practice. Everyone on his staff is now slim and healthy looking.

Let me know if/when you get to VA and this is a possible location for you, I'll give you more information about them.

EmilySebetka
01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I use 2 egg whites (1/4 cup) about 1/2tsp baking powder sprinkle cinnamon and about 1-2oz water. Crunch up the cereal with a rolling pin and then mix it all up together and voila! Pancake mix. Give it a go. I guarantee it's better then the cereal by itself.

Thanks a bunch! I'm trying that Friday.:)

rissimo
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Damn girl! You're doing awesome :carrot:

Thanks Sarah.

Congrats!!! WTG!

Thanks NavyMommy.

Ryuu
01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Everyone,

Yes I had withdrawl too. It is the carbs. It will go away soon. I too had the cravings and headaches. I even dreamed of eating food and woke up so made because I actually believed I did. Then I realize it is just a dream. All i can suggest is drink water with a bit of salt in the water and try tea too. Tea worked really well for me especially when I was doing something sedentary and felt the need to have something to munch on.

Ryuu
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I've been OP through the holidays and even began exercising and was very active over the holidays hiking, swimming, and doing chores around the barn. Suddenly my at home weight went up 2 #s! Aargghh!! My clothes feel looser and I feel more fit, could it be muscle gain? Has anyone experienced this? It's not TOM either. I did use lots of WF syrups in coffee and to make hot chocolate with small amt of skim milk. Could WF cause water weight gain?

Beautiful horse. I have 2 appaloosas myself. It very well could be muscle gain as muscle weighs more than fat. I personally dont like the WF stuff but I havent heard anything about it making people gain but you could be sensitive to it in large amounts perhaps. I am not sure but I would keep track of it.

NavyMommy
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
NavyMommy - I'm not ETA but I'm in VA. My clinic is in Great Falls, VA and is very good. I haven't had the problems that some detail about coaches who don't know what they are talking about. In fact, it is through my chiropractor's office and he and all his staff tested the program to decide if he should open IP as part of his practice. Everyone on his staff is now slim and healthy looking.

Let me know if/when you get to VA and this is a possible location for you, I'll give you more information about them.

Whoops, I meant ETA as in Edited to Add. Thanks for the info though. I'll actually be in Richmond a few months before moving to Norfolk. I do hope to get started with a clinic then though if I'm not on maintenance by then.

YvetteSki
01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow, some amazing losses this week, great job everyone!!

Hello everyone! It's nice to see all of the advice, sharing and support this site provides. I'm on day four and I am tired of eating my lettuce! I know I have to eat it so I will. Not a big fan of the soups. I may just switch to a drink and big salad. I had the yogurt drink and really loved it. My energy is low but from what I hear that will change soon. WI is Saturday and I can't wait to see how much I have lost. Good luck to everyone today and stay strong and positive! :hug:

I honestly hated the soups at first too until my sister who is also on IP made soup for me and now I have it every day. We roast or microwave cauliflower/broccoli. Blend the soup, add the cooked veggie and blend some more. Then heat the soup slowly, mixing in between in the microwave. I LOVE it this way.

Day one of IP...

I hate the cereal as well YUCK!! I recommend making the pancakes with it.

Currently my favorite breakfast is the ready to drink vanilla shake mixed in with my Kahlua coffee. The berry yogurt is really good too, I was addicted to that for a long time.

sarahmayhem
01-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal?

I actually had no withdrawl symptoms when I started this diet; I think everyone is different. Consider yourself lucky haha :)

Day one of IP...

I actually really like the cereal haha. But if you can't get over the taste, try having the soy puffs or a bar for breakfast (if you're using restricted foods!) ...the shakes are easy, too. Especially if you're in a rush!

And just a heads up - I personally think the soup is gross. I haven't tried all of them, but I DID NOT like the broccoli soup. I tried adding spices/veggies to doctor it up...ended up throwing it out. Yuck!

NavyMommy
01-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Day one of IP...

My favorite IP breakfast is the cappuccino which I mix up and mix with a cup of coffee in my big Tervis Tumbler. Easy to drink on the go and nice and warm. Plus it fills me up, and I get to save my restricted for lunch, but I do know a lot of people like their restricted in the morning too.

Katied61
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning IP'ers! So today is my first day back at my Food Brokerage job, I'm looking forward to see how I view all that food now that it is off limits! Good luck to everyone :) I will check back later today...

Good Luck!! :goodvibes:dance:

JellyMae87
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
It could be a variety of things... Are you getting all your water? are you eating everything? It will give us a better idea if you post what your daily menu looks like!

Hey Everyone,

You most likely have a headaches because you need some more salt... anytime you get a headache like that. just like someone else said, put salt in the palm of your hand and lick it up, followed by a large glass of water... WORK EVERYTIME!

They Have a separate thread for ladies and gent who have had a hard time restarting... It should be popping up to the top anytime! But its definetely helpful!

Day one of IP...

Alot of the ladie on here will make the cereal into pancakes! You can find the recipe on the recope sticky, or someone might pop up and post it again... I have seen many RAVE reviews on it. especially when you add WF syrup!

I personally dont eat much lettuce. But that is just me... I mainly just stick to my veggies and protein.

lboogs311
01-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Great loses out there!!! Good morning, I am back and on day #3 of my restart. Feeling good, a little hungry, but I am motivated and excited to be back on the program. I am guessing it will probably take a good 4 day or more to get back into ketosis since I have been off the program since mid September. I am so mad at myself, but can't look back, must move forward! Hope you all have a great day!

msmith61
01-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Good Morning!
Day 3 of being back OP. I did try IP back in April but my motivation was lacking and I stoped at 10lbs lost. I am determined this time though :)

Looking for some advice. I have never been a breakfast person and start work at 5:30am. So I am not usually hungry until 10am which is usually when I eat my breakfast and take my vitamins etc. Does anyone have experience if it is a problem that I am waiting until then to eat? I do start drinking my water as soon as I get to work (with some sea salt to avoid the headaches)
Any thoughts.. Advice?? Thanks

leesa88210
01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Day one of IP...

EW is right!! I had the cereal once and never again, I had to force myself to finish it. The herb omelet is my fav breakfast, I like to add mushroom and bell pepper and a little hot sauce!! yummmmm

Shayideal
01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning!!

I guess Wuv didn't get the chance to start the thread last night so I hope it's okay that I did.

Day 3 of my restart and I'm feeling pretty good. I have all my energy in the morning so I need to get my work done now since I slacked off yesterday. I also went to bed at 8:15 last night which helped.

Does anyone know what the consensus is on having broth on this diet? I have a ton of homemade broth in the freezer, but I'm not sure if it's totally okay or not since I boiled the chicken / turkey carcass with onion and carrot. It was just used for flavoring and was all strained out. It's so cold here I would LOVE a bowl of hot soup for dinner!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!!

My coach told me not to play with fire when I asked if I could roast onions with other vegetables and just not eat the onions. She said the juice from them could add sugars to the other vegetables. So I would guess no with your homemade broth.

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Day one of IP...

Emily ~ I like the chocolate drink and the choc or butterscotch pudding. I know others make the chocolate drink into a shake by adding 10 oz water and ice in the blender. I don't mind the cheese and herb omelet (not the best thing ever but edible). I usually have the plain omelet at lunch and chop my brocoli really fine and add it to the omelet as it cooks. I have tried all the puddings and I like the choc and butterscotch best. Lemon isn't bad but I gagged trying to eat the blueberry and strawberry. Stay on the plan it gets easier. You can also substitute 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white (I think ` somone please verify) for any packet. Hang in there! You are worth it!;)

Debbie64
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
:carrot:you ladies are packed full of so many helpful suggestions and ideas!

I have been OP 7 weeks, I too don't eat that much lettuce and honestly did not know that I can "add to the omlet" (i despise the plain). I like the crispy cereal and regualarly use the chocolate pancake to make muffins.

I see many posts about using extracts but there is ETOH in them! AS for WF are the other items other then the dressings flavorful? all the dressings including the ketcup and mayo taste the same! Like vinegar! How do you get your WF products? I have no IP clinic near me, I am a long distance "user" and love the program but I do think I miss a lot by not having a local clinic and coach. I am a nurse so not unble to understand on my own, but again like the support of the numbers!!!
Debbie

Ryuu
01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Good Morning!
Day 3 of being back OP. I did try IP back in April but my motivation was lacking and I stoped at 10lbs lost. I am determined this time though :)

Looking for some advice. I have never been a breakfast person and start work at 5:30am. So I am not usually hungry until 10am which is usually when I eat my breakfast and take my vitamins etc. Does anyone have experience if it is a problem that I am waiting until then to eat? I do start drinking my water as soon as I get to work (with some sea salt to avoid the headaches)
Any thoughts.. Advice?? Thanks

I am the same way. Eating that early just makes me feel sick and sluggish all day. What I do is around 7:30-8am I have a protein shake and then have my next meal around 11. I think do what works for you.

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 11:54 AM
:carrot:you ladies are packed full of so many helpful suggestions and ideas!

I have been OP 7 weeks, I too don't eat that much lettuce and honestly did not know that I can "add to the omlet" (i despise the plain). I like the crispy cereal and regualarly use the chocolate pancake to make muffins.

I see many posts about using extracts but there is ETOH in them! AS for WF are the other items other then the dressings flavorful? all the dressings including the ketcup and mayo taste the same! Like vinegar! How do you get your WF products? I have no IP clinic near me, I am a long distance "user" and love the program but I do think I miss a lot by not having a local clinic and coach. I am a nurse so not unble to understand on my own, but again like the support of the numbers!!!
Debbie

One of your local grocery stores actually has a health area with vegan choices/ no gluten/ WF etc. Very helpful for buying the WF product. I use the tangy itallian (best of the worst) for me. I just put some in a small cup and dip the lettuce I can't handle much at one bite. I know there is a website lurking around this forum that has a place to order WF products, someone help me out. How do you make the muffins?
~Aimee

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I meant my local grocery store not yours~ LOL. Sorry about that!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I have to echo the pancakes idea. They're so much better than the cereal as is. I also make 2 slices of turkey bacon (15 cals a slice) and use the WF syrup for a "special" weekend breakfast. Delicious!

panda13
01-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Day 3 for me. Feeling okay, no cravings, just HUNGRY. Hopefully that will pass in a day or two? Here's what I had the last two days:

Day 1
Breakfast: 3 servings egg white + 1 egg, Pure Protein Chocolate RTD (my husband and I split this breakfast, so it was 1/2 of each for us).

Lunch: Salad w/mixed veg, homemade EVOO/vinegar dressing, celeriac fries + EAS Carb Control bar

Dinner: Baked chicken, roasted asparagus & Mushrooms *YUM*

Snack: EAS AdvantEDGE RTD dark chocolate

Day 2
Breakfast: EAS AdvantEDGE RTD dark chocolate

Lunch: homemade veggie soup (made w/College Inn light broth), salad w/homemade dressing, 1/2 Pure Protein RTD and 1/2 Pure Protein bar

Dinner: Pork tenderloin, sauerkraut, salad w/homemade dressing

Snack: 1/2 Pure Protein RTD and 1/2 Pure Protein bar
(Not sure if we can split our restricted up like that? anyone know?)

Day 3
Breakfast: Same as Day 1, except w/ EAS RTD

Lunch: so far, I've mixed some coffe w/ another EAS RTD, also going to have some of the veggie soup from yesterday and probably salad

So glad my husband is doing this with me. He is quite fit, and looks skinny, but he does have a little "pooch" on his tummy and wants to stop eating so much sugar. He has been very supportive, and I don't know if I could do this without him!

Best of luck to everyone. Curious as to what my weight will be on Sunday (starting weight was 193.5).

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Good morning everyone, looks like we are having some great results this week so far. Don't forget to post your losses (gains) on the last week of the spreadsheet.

Just got back from my WI....I am normal....I GAINED a pound but loss 1.5 inches. I did not do anything different than I normally do. I do know that I did not drink all of my water this week, its been cold here and I am just not thirsty. I've been drinking hot teas but I guess it wasn't enough. Am I upset, a little, but I loss inches so I know its just water. This is my SECOND gain in 35 weeks. I believe it was week 16 I had a .8 gain when my hip was bothering me and acting up with arthritis. With all this being said, sometimes your body does crazy things and you can't let it get to you. I know I will just keep doing what I am doing EXCEPT I will be a water drinking fool this week.....lol.

Now off to get my 4th glass of 32 ozs off water.....lol

New Englander
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Good morning everyone, looks like we are having some great results this week so far. Don't forget to post your losses (gains) on the last week of the spreadsheet.

Just got back from my WI....I am normal....I GAINED a pound but loss 1.5 inches. I did not do anything different than I normally do. I do know that I did not drink all of my water this week, its been cold here and I am just not thirsty. I've been drinking hot teas but I guess it wasn't enough. Am I upset, a little, but I loss inches so I know its just water. This is my SECOND gain in 35 weeks. I believe it was week 16 I had a .8 gain when my hip was bothering me and acting up with arthritis. With all this being said, sometimes your body does crazy things and you can't let it get to you. I know I will just keep doing what I am doing EXCEPT I will be a water drinking fool this week.....lol.

Now off to get my 4th glass of 32 ozs off water.....lol
I love your positive attitude! It's contagious. :) TY!

rachelearth
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Good morning everyone.

Welcome to all the newbies.

I hope that you all had a great holiday.

I had my 24th week weigh in this morning and I had a loss of 0.6 for the past two weeks. I was pleasantly surprised, lol. I couldn't follow IP during the holidays, but I stayed as close as possible to it. I knew from my days of lowcarbing that if I keep my carbs to 70g a day I could maintain, and thus I started counting carbs. Yes, I had to look up lots of carb values since I had forgotten them, lol. I am back on the program since Monday.

I thought I was going to phase off next week and try to maintain for a while. I reached my minor goal of healthy BMI before the holidays. But reading all the posts here, your excitement has given me new energy and resolve to continue for a while longer. THANK YOU. So I am going stick with you guys and try to get as close to my ultimate goal as possible.

Have a great day everyone and good luck to you all on your next weigh in.

MustangMolly
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Day one of IP...

Hi Emily, I have a recipe that enables you to make pancakes with the crispy cereal. I use the WF blueberry syrup on them and they are very good.

"NON-RESTRICTED" PANCAKES:
Sit down to a hot, sweet, short stack of thick American Pancakes....and still be able to choose a restricted IP food later in the day!

Ideal Protein has 2 pancake packages (Choc chip & Orange), but both are considered restricted products. Meaning that if you have it, you cant have one of the bars or chili or oatmeal as well in the same day.

One clever way to "have your cake and eat it too" is to make pancakes from another non-restricted IP product... The Crispy Cereal!

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.

New Englander
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Good morning everyone.

Welcome to all the newbies.

I hope that you all had a great holiday.

I had my 24th week weigh in this morning and I had a loss of 0.6 for the past two weeks. I was pleasantly surprised, lol. I couldn't follow IP during the holidays, but I stayed as close as possible to it. I knew from my days of lowcarbing that if I keep my carbs to 70g a day I could maintain, and thus I started counting carbs. Yes, I had to look up lots of carb values since I had forgotten them, lol. I am back on the program since Monday.

I thought I was going to phase off next week and try to maintain for a while. I reached my minor goal of healthy BMI before the holidays. But reading all the posts here, your excitement has given me new energy and resolve to continue for a while longer. THANK YOU. So I am going stick with you guys and try to get as close to my ultimate goal as possible.

Have a great day everyone and good luck to you all on your next weigh in.
Great attitude! This website is very motivating...I'm hoping when I'm close to goal that I have the right attitude to push a little further!!! WAY TO GO!!!

New Englander
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Emily, I have a recipe that enables you to make pancakes with the crispy cereal. I use the WF blueberry syrup on them and they are very good.

Sit down to a hot, sweet, short stack of thick American Pancakes....and still be able to choose a restricted IP food later in the day!

Ideal Protein has 2 pancake packages (Choc chip & Orange), but both are considered restricted products. Meaning that if you have it, you cant have one of the bars or chili or oatmeal as well in the same day.

One clever way to "have your cake and eat it too" is to make pancakes from another non-restricted IP product... The Crispy Cereal!

Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.
Just an FYI...You may want to post your recipes under the recipe thread (unless you already did) so that everyone can benefit from your great ideas...they'll likely get loss on the day to day discussions... :)

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Perhaps this is a dumb question but are baking soda and vanilla considered free foods. I would think the vanilla for sure would not be allowed? If it is okay then I am totally eating these really soon!!!! Thanks for the continued support, ideas and encouragement from my fellow "chicks" and "manchicks" (lol).

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM

I love your positive attitude! It's contagious. :) TY!

Thanks!!!.....I am glad it is....takes too much energy to be negative PLUS life is too dang short for negativity when there is so much positive in the world. We are LIVING and BREATHING...that right there is enough to be POSITIVE about :)

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
So half way through day 3... All of the feedback is so helpful.

I love the positive attitudes because usually in my first to weeks of being on a program, I get depressed and start feeling negative about my attempts.

Whenever I start a diet, I get depressed (not like clinically depressed) but i guess just bummed out and that's usually where I start eating what I shouldn't. I know change doesn't come over night. I wanted to do something different with this diet, I wanted to utilize the support system on this site.

So here I am on day 3, feeling like i want to just eat everything because I start thinking, why can't i be like 115 pounds and able to eat anything without worrying about gaining weight? Why have I had to struggle with this weight since I have been 12 years old. It's frustrating to watch people who are able to just eat and eat and never have to worry is there too much fat? calories? carbs? sugar? So here I am in my head again... and this is usually when i decide to hang up the diet and eat a pizza, because its comforting.

I need a REALITY CHECK.

I am sorry for sounding negative... I just had to get that off my chest because I am trying to do this diet differently instead of like the others time i would just hang it up and add it to the continuous failed attempts sitting on my shelf.

Pxlkitty4
01-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan.

I hate it unless I make it with ice-cold water, then it's great.

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
So half way through day 3... All of the feedback is so helpful.

I love the positive attitudes because usually in my first to weeks of being on a program, I get depressed and start feeling negative about my attempts.

Whenever I start a diet, I get depressed (not like clinically depressed) but i guess just bummed out and that's usually where I start eating what I shouldn't. I know change doesn't come over night. I wanted to do something different with this diet, I wanted to utilize the support system on this site.

So here I am on day 3, feeling like i want to just eat everything because I start thinking, why can't i be like 115 pounds and able to eat anything without worrying about gaining weight? Why have I had to struggle with this weight since I have been 12 years old. It's frustrating to watch people who are able to just eat and eat and never have to worry is there too much fat? calories? carbs? sugar? So here I am in my head again... and this is usually when i decide to hang up the diet and eat a pizza, because its comforting.

I need a REALITY CHECK.

I am sorry for sounding negative... I just had to get that off my chest because I am trying to do this diet differently instead of like the others time i would just hang it up and add it to the continuous failed attempts sitting on my shelf.

Negativity don't work around here!....lol...WE are and WILL be positive no matter what!...got it missy?? (being sarcastic of course...all in fun) I have ALWAYS been a big girl, NEVER a small one. You are who you are and will probably ALWAYS have to struggle with your weight BUT the good thing is that you are on a program that will TEACH you what and how to eat where YOUR body will let you. YOU know that carbs and sugars are a dangerous thing so THAT is what you will have to watch once you get to your goal. You are only eating these foods temporarily....REMEMBER its NOT forever!!!.....You can make this work regardless of how you are doing it, so many others have had success doing it on their own using alternatives. Change that frown upside down and into a smile....YOU ARE A SUCCESS!!!!!

OH and I forgot....Get outta ya head and into the OUTER box....THINK out side of your head, never know what you might find out here :)

Pxlkitty4
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
...So here I am on day 3, feeling like i want to just eat everything because I start thinking, why can't i be like 115 pounds and able to eat anything without worrying about gaining weight? Why have I had to struggle with this weight since I have been 12 years old. It's frustrating to watch people who are able to just eat and eat and never have to worry is there too much fat? calories? carbs? sugar? So here I am in my head again... and this is usually when i decide to hang up the diet and eat a pizza, because its comforting.

I need a REALITY CHECK.

What you are feeling is normal. Physically, your body is going through carb withdrawal. Trust me, you will feel "free" once it passes, but you have to live through it and get on the other side of it.

As for wanting to be 115 lbs and eat whatever you want, that is something that you will just need to accept. My husband can eat whatever he wants. He also walks about 6 miles each day for his work... it's probably not a coincidence, but it sure does seem like one to me.

Here are the facts of my life and the choices that I face.

I can't eat what I want AND be thin. Those are cards that I have been dealt. But, I have some choices.

1) I can eat well, be thin and happy, and not eat whatever I want whenever I want...
OR,
2) I can be fat, eat what I want, and be unhealthy and unhappy.

I have chosen to be thin. On this program, you will LEARN to eat the right things, and you will learn to like healthy food.

It's a struggle, every day, even in maintenance. I face choices. The world is full of junk food that is designed to make us crave it... I have a hard time with things sometimes. But, that's life.

Think of something that you are good at. I didn't have to study much in school and got good grades. Other people would kill for that. Those are the cards I was dealt. You get what you get...

Enough reality for you?

Paint Lady
01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Good morning everyone! I went to see my coach today for a follow up, to see how I was doing in Maintenance. Officially, I reached my first goal. I weighed 160 on their scale. I'm still no pro at this Maintenance thing, but the great news is that IP has given me a great tool. I can mess up, I can slip up and if my scale is up a few pounds, I know how to get those 2 or 3 lbs off before they snowball into 10 lbs. I think everyone is different and our bodies process carbs and fat differently. I may be one of those people who has to pay really close attention to carbs for the rest of my life. But, at least I am now paying attention. I will see what works best for me to maintain this weight and that's what I will do. My plan is to maintain here for a while and let my mind and body catch up, then I would like to lose a few more, maybe 10.

Congrats to those of you having great losses (even if it's "just" inches!) and to those of you who are at the beginning of a new, thinner you. Hang in there! Time flies on this diet and before you know it, you will be "whining" about Maintenance like I am.

New Englander
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Good morning everyone! I went to see my coach today for a follow up, to see how I was doing in Maintenance. Officially, I reached my first goal. I weighed 160 on their scale. I'm still no pro at this Maintenance thing, but the great news is that IP has given me a great tool. I can mess up, I can slip up and if my scale is up a few pounds, I know how to get those 2 or 3 lbs off before they snowball into 10 lbs. I think everyone is different and our bodies process carbs and fat differently. I may be one of those people who has to pay really close attention to carbs for the rest of my life. But, at least I am now paying attention. I will see what works best for me to maintain this weight and that's what I will do. My plan is to maintain here for a while and let my mind and body catch up, then I would like to lose a few more, maybe 10.

Congrats to those of you having great losses (even if it's "just" inches!) and to those of you who are at the beginning of a new, thinner you. Hang in there! Time flies on this diet and before you know it, you will be "whining" about Maintenance like I am.
Congrats!!! It's nice to hear from you "oldies"... I'm in week 8 and it does fly..but I'm longing for Spring because that's when I'll be at goal!!!

Have fun on maintenance and your allowable cheat day! You've earned it!!!

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Thank you Wuv and Pxlkitty. I know the first week is the hardest and i'm sticking through it.

Pxl i get the studying and not having to open a book thing... I have four sisters and one brother, all of them are skinny minis, however, I am the one with a degree and now pursuing my masters - never picked up a book in undergrad. school. But, i'm the one overweight. It is what it is... like you said, you get what you get. My siblings would kill for my motivation and determination that I have for school. However, I would kill for their motivation to workout and eat right.

Anyways, once again, thank you all for being so supportive. It helps more than I ever imagined. Sometimes in the beginning I just get down and I need to snapped out of it. I want this more than i've ever wanted anything before. I am only 26 I have soooo much life to enjoy and maybe one day in this lifetime i could wear a bikini!! lol. That's definitely not on my list of priorities, i just want to be healthy, I dont want to feel like my joints are being crushed and my back is being broken everytime I take a walk or walk up a flight of stairs.

That should be motivation enough, right?

i can do this, i can and I will

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Congratulations ... thanks for sharing!! It's nice to see the motivating stories.

Pxlkitty4
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Thank you Wuv and Pxlkitty. I know the first week is the hardest and i'm sticking through it.

That is the right attitude... Something "clicked" with me last year, and I had just had enough.

My weight was the one thing that I felt I didn't control in my life. Now that has changed. I KNOW what to do. I have the right information. All I have to do is DO it. That makes it easy, although sometimes the day-to-day struggles make it easy to forget that.

See my progress pics... IP gave me my life back.

Lorilou
01-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Wow! I am super tired and dizzy today (day 4). Is this normal? Any help is appreciated..thanks!

JellyMae87
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM

Pxl i get the studying and not having to open a book thing... I have four sisters and one brother, all of them are skinny minis, however, I am the one with a degree and now pursuing my masters - never picked up a book in undergrad. school. But, i'm the one overweight. It is what it is... like you said, you get what you get. My siblings would kill for my motivation and determination that I have for school. However, I would kill for their motivation to workout and eat right.

Anyways, once again, thank you all for being so supportive. It helps more than I ever imagined. Sometimes in the beginning I just get down and I need to snapped out of it. I want this more than i've ever wanted anything before. I am only 26 I have soooo much life to enjoy and maybe one day in this lifetime i could wear a bikini!! lol. That's definitely not on my list of priorities, i just want to be healthy, I dont want to feel like my joints are being crushed and my back is being broken everytime I take a walk or walk up a flight of stairs.

That should be motivation enough, right?

Seriously, Hang in there. If I could see myself how I do now, 6 months ago, it would have been easy to stick to everything. But the way I see if, If I didn't do anything about my weight or physical activity, I would be just as disgusting if not even more!! I would have never thought in a MILLION years that I would have been able to start doing roller derby, and I finished a 6 week boot-camp, and getting ready to do it AGAIN. in February!

There is my $.02 of your check! : o)

JellyMae87
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow! I am super tired and dizzy today (day 4). Is this normal? Any help is appreciated..thanks!

yes, The first week if horrible!! Tough it out!! And use how you feel like week, as your "safety net" to not cheat, I know I sure as heck dont want to feel that way again!

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
yes, The first week if horrible!! Tough it out!! And use how you feel like week, as your "safety net" to not cheat, I know I sure as heck dont want to feel that way again!

AMEN!!!

Pxlkitty4
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Stress B vitamin...

Lick salt off your hand and drink water. It will help, I promise. Also, consider adding another potassium.

Lorilou
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Stress B vitamin...

Lick salt off your hand and drink water. It will help, I promise. Also, consider adding another potassium.

Thank you ladies! :hug:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Now off to get my 4th glass of 32 ozs off water.....lolYou are GREAT!, with all that you have lost you are bound to have a couple of gains but your attitude will get you through this.

I like Pxl's facts... we can watch what we eat and be happy or fat and sad. That about sums it up. I have been on Maintenance since Nov and to tell you the truth am struggling a little but I know what to do and am back on phase 1 this week to rest my pancreas after all the food over Christmas. Slow and steady is the way to go.

haven't had a lot of NSVs lately but this one is kind of big... went to pick up my nephew at the bus station boxing day (haven't seen him in over a year) my brother wanted me to go in and see if he would recognize me.... he didn't, only when my brother turned to me my nephew realized it was me... I got a big WHOOOAA out of my 15 year old nephew. He was very impressed that I had lost the weight I had in 10 months. Even though I am in maintenance I still like getting NSVs...

I just read what I wrote and that isn't exactly true. One of the best NSVs I received is my friend found out about me donating my weight lost to the food bank and put it in their office webpage (i work for them but not a part of their Agency) and before you knew it I got emails from old co workers and from the management from my Agency. The only thing that I had wished for is that they looked more at the donation part of it. Yes it is great that I lost the lbs but the donation thing was just as important to me during this time of year.

Newbies and restarters just remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Yvetteski - new pic? is that you? You look beautiful.

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Yet again another inspiring day! :) Having all of you along with me on this journey definitely keeps my head on right. That and the fact that my pants are LOOSE! Woo hoo! Every day is one foot in front of the other. Some days I struggle but those days are overcome by the days where I get up and feel great. I will have my 4th WI on Monday and I couldn't be more thrilled with my progress. 25 inches in 3 weeks, heck ya! Thank you for all of the support! I love reading all of your stories and knowing that this works. @2riderollercoaster ~ Congrats on the NSV, what a wonderful feeling to not even be recognized ~ YOU GO GIRL!

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Y'all know what??...I forgot to let y'all know of my NSV....I bought me a NEW pair of Jeans yesterday and drum roll PLEASE.......roll...roll...roll....SIZE 24!!!!!!.....you wanna talk about EXCITED???...AND they were on clearance for $13...woohoo!!!!....There was a size 26 and 24 so I grabbed both pairs, I put the 24's in front of me and said no way these are going to fit me so I tired the 26's first, they fit. So I said to myself, what the **** try on the 24's just to see.....one leg, then the other leg, stood up, pulled over hip, over butt...snapped and ZIPPED!!!....I let out a WOOHOO in the dressing room the lady says everything OK? I said OH YEA just fine!!...they are a little tight but fit so now I have another pair of Jeans not just ONE pair!!

4kiddos
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Y'all know what??...I forgot to let y'all know of my NSV....I bought me a NEW pair of Jeans yesterday and drum roll PLEASE.......roll...roll...roll....SIZE 24!!!!!!.....you wanna talk about EXCITED???...AND they were on clearance for $13...woohoo!!!!....There was a size 26 and 24 so I grabbed both pairs, I put the 24's in front of me and said no way these are going to fit me so I tired the 26's first, they fit. So I said to myself, what the **** try on the 24's just to see.....one leg, then the other leg, stood up, pulled over hip, over butt...snapped and ZIPPED!!!....I let out a WOOHOO in the dressing room the lady says everything OK? I said OH YEA just fine!!...they are a little tight but fit so now I have another pair of Jeans not just ONE pair!!

Woo Hoo! Way to go Lisa! That is awesome. I am sure the dressing room attendant doesn't get to many people letting out a woohoo in there, lol! Keep up the good work! Just imagine what size you'll be in by summer. ;):carrot::hug:
~Aimee

Pamelama
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM

Congrats! What an amazing feeling that must be! Feeling the WOOHOO out west:D

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Woo Hoo! Way to go Lisa! That is awesome. I am sure the dressing room attendant doesn't get to many people letting out a woohoo in there, lol! Keep up the good work! Just imagine what size you'll be in by summer. ;):carrot::hug:
~Aimee

Hopefully 18-20....lol....Considering I started in a size 34pants....yea I am pretty happy....lol...starting waist 65inches waist as of this morning 47inches!

Linden
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Snack: 1/2 Pure Protein RTD and 1/2 Pure Protein bar
(Not sure if we can split our restricted up like that? anyone know?)

Yes, that's perfectly OK, and so neat that you can share.

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM

That is insanely inspiring... CONGRATULATIONS!

lroderick
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
So it's my first official day back on the diet. I was doing so good (down 20 pounds) then I got off it, & gained some back! I'm just grateful I noticed before it got too far. With this diet I really feel like there is NO room for cheating, like not even a damn chocolate, because one cheat only needs to another ! What I enjoy most about is the quick results when it's done right! So, that being said here I go again ... I want a hot bod for summer!

I always just remind myself - NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS - :carrot:

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Seriously, Hang in there. If I could see myself how I do now, 6 months ago, it would have been easy to stick to everything. But the way I see if, If I didn't do anything about my weight or physical activity, I would be just as disgusting if not even more!! I would have never thought in a MILLION years that I would have been able to start doing roller derby, and I finished a 6 week boot-camp, and getting ready to do it AGAIN. in February!

There is my $.02 of your check! : o)

Thank you! i can't wait for six months from now!!

DanafromAustin
01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Hey Everyone,

On day three... I am a little nervous because aside from really bad headaches i'm not really experiencing this crazy withdrawal stuff. Is that normal?
I had horrible withdrawals and my daughter had next to none. We are all so different.

I've been OP through the holidays and even began exercising and was very active over the holidays hiking, swimming, and doing chores around the barn. Suddenly my at home weight went up 2 #s! Aargghh!! My clothes feel looser and I feel more fit, could it be muscle gain? Has anyone experienced this? It's not TOM either. I did use lots of WF syrups in coffee and to make hot chocolate with small amt of skim milk. Could WF cause water weight gain?
When I work out on this diet my weight slows down. Now I just stick to strength traning. My suggestion would be (what my coach tells me) is make sure you have protein right before and right after you work out.

I so understand where you are coming from. I also would get totally down for a couple of days whenever starting a diet. It was like, "Here we go again." Then I would just end up cheating and never going forward. However this time cancer was my wake up call as it was my over weight that brought it on. I'm totally cured, but then I thought instead now I'll die of a heart attack or stroke instead if I don't get serious about this weight issue. I once again got depressed when I started IP, but I hung in there and so glad I did. I've always believed that things happen for a reason. In this case I believe I had to have something really bad happen to finally wake me up. And if that's the case then so be it.

My joints no longer hurt, and I feel SO much better. It truly is amazing. Hang in there, you will be so happy that you did.

patns
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Just an FYI...You may want to post your recipes under the recipe thread (unless you already did) so that everyone can benefit from your great ideas...they'll likely get loss on the day to day discussions... :)

I think this was originally FinnSteve's post. If you look under his thread there are many excellent recipes with the packets there.
I don't like the crunchy cereal as a cereal but his pancake recipe made from the cereal which was reposted here is my favorite IP meal.

MustangMolly
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM

I should say the recipe is not mine and I am sorry I don't know who came up with it so they can get the credit. I only posted it here to answer the questions about the cereal and thought it would be easier than someone having to search through the recipes because there are a few different pancake recipes.

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 03:21 PM
So, I know I said earlier I wasn't having withdrawals but I think I jinxed myself!!

I am incredibly nauseous, the salt helped the POUNDING headache. But, now my stomach hurts!

I can't wait for this week to be OVERRRRR! Come onnnnn day six!

Tmg1989
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Hang in there MrsMurphy! Tomorrow is my 5th WI (weigh in) and my first week is a distant memory. I couldn't get through it fast enough.

Pxlkitty4
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
So it's my first official day back on the diet. I was doing so good (down 20 pounds) then I got off it, & gained some back! I'm just grateful I noticed before it got too far. With this diet I really feel like there is NO room for cheating, like not even a damn chocolate, because one cheat only needs to another ! What I enjoy most about is the quick results when it's done right! So, that being said here I go again ... I want a hot bod for summer!

I always just remind myself - NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS - :carrot:

I always told myself that I could cheat if I was willing to rip up two $20 bills... Since that is what getting out of ketosis costs you in time/food because you have to get back in it. Not surprisingly, I cheated once or twice in 7 months.

patns
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I have bumped FinnSteven's post up to the first page.
There are excellent recipes there.

Pat

Lorilou
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
So, I know I said earlier I wasn't having withdrawals but I think I jinxed myself!!

I am incredibly nauseous, the salt helped the POUNDING headache. But, now my stomach hurts!

I'm right there with you! Today is day 4 and it has been a horrible day. Thank God I work from home and could go lay down for a bit. Stay strong. We can do this!! :hug:

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Congratulations on sticking with it--you will find that this diet will really help with your self-esteem, at least it has so far in my case. If your stomach hurts and you are nauseous because you feel hungry, drink a hot liquid like tea or non-fat chicken broth. Hot liquids will help a lot!

Day 6!! Keep going--your first WI (weigh in) will make all of this suffering worth it! And, if you just can't stand it, go to bed early :-)

NewSexyMe
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Day one of IP...

I love the cereal! But I put splenda, and sprinkle some cinnamon. Toss in an ice cube, and It feels like I'm eating REAL Cereal!
Made a total difference!

New Englander
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just awesome going into smaller and smaller sizes!!! WOO HOO!!! :)

DanafromAustin
01-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Day 6!! Keep going--your first WI (weigh in) will make all of this suffering worth it! And, if you just can't stand it, go to bed early :-)

Yes, that first WI will make it all worth while. I remember that first week being so hungry till ketosis kicked in, which for me was about the 6th day. I would just go to bed early those first few nights. Now with being in ketosis I'm never hungry.

sekc14
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Beautiful horse. I have 2 appaloosas myself. It very well could be muscle gain as muscle weighs more than fat. I personally dont like the WF stuff but I havent heard anything about it making people gain but you could be sensitive to it in large amounts perhaps. I am not sure but I would keep track of it.

I'm glad to know another "horse person" on 3FC. I love all breeds of horses and styles if riding. In fact, my real goal is to be able to mount from the ground so that I can ride better cross country and join the fox hunting group. I've spent too much time projecting wishful goals and targets of weight loss that just aren't realistic for me. I'm a very slow loser, one of the reasons I've given up many times in the past. But, I'm getting motivated from 3FC.

Ryuu
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I have always ridden western. I feel that right now i am too heavy to ride so getting below 200 is a big goal for me. I am breaking one of the horses in and been spending lots of time this summer doing ground work. He is ready for some saddle work so I am hoping I can do that soon. Then spend the summer riding with hubby along the country roads. The one i am training now would be awesome in barrels so maybe I will do that next summer. Can't wait!

Bellamack
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Wow! Congrats to all the loses & NSV's ")

mrsmurphy, I am right with you on day 4 (restart) and I feel like crap and a horrible headache (not as bad as first time). I just had roasted chicken and roasted zuchinni, now I feel nausaus again. 2 more days and I know I will feel much better and then after 2 weeks the cravings subside. One day at a time.

Wuv, congrats on the jeans!

Ishbel
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Here are the facts of my life and the choices that I face.

I can't eat what I want AND be thin. Those are cards that I have been dealt. But, I have some choices.

1) I can eat well, be thin and happy, and not eat whatever I want whenever I want...
OR,
2) I can be fat, eat what I want, and be unhealthy and unhappy.

I have chosen to be thin. On this program, you will LEARN to eat the right things, and you will learn to like healthy food.

It's a struggle, every day, even in maintenance. I face choices. The world is full of junk food that is designed to make us crave it... I have a hard time with things sometimes. But, that's life.

Think of something that you are good at. I didn't have to study much in school and got good grades. Other people would kill for that. Those are the cards I was dealt. You get what you get...

Enough reality for you?

I love this post - good reality check for everyone! Welcome back to the daily thread - I've missed your informational posts! :)

Newbies and restarters just remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

THIS is exactly RIGHT! Anyone who is new, cut and paste and tape on to a bathroom mirror!! So you can see it everytime you go to the loo. :)

Good to see you too 2RIDE, I'll have some questions for you in the upcoming week that I need to properly formulate.

All the questions and comments on the packets are making me smile and re-live some of the gagaliousness that I had when I first started.

It's apparent from many people who are experienced on this diet (many posted today)....THAT IT WORKS...but it doesn't mean it comes easy...keep with it, keep your eye on the prize and just never give up!

This diet has changed my life in so many ways that I cannot even count them or even visualize them. I was off medication due to weight within 6 weeks because my diet had improved so much. My doctor is falling in love with me, lol. I am trying so hard to NOT buy clothes because I can see someone I have never seen before. I think I'm in about grade 8-9 right now. This diet shapes your body, my fitness buddy was shocked at how much I weigh right now considering what I look like. My gf is 17 lbs lighter then me and is in bigger clothes. I can't say ENOUGH about this diet...but it's a marathon.

Good luck to all of you, we're here when you need it! :D

Shem7412
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Good Afternoon,

So today should of been week 3 WI- but i am now going to every 2 weeks since the clinic I go to is about 45mins away and I always have to leave work early, it was very nice of my coach to work with me! I get to pick up 2 weeks worth of food and thanks to these great forums and especially the recipes I have so many things i want to try!!
So although I didnt do an "offical WI" I have been doing a WI myself each Wed. morning. My starting WI 3 wks ago was 174, and today I hit 163 :D
So I think that is pretty dang good!
And everyone who talks about it being a motivator or increase of self esteem from weight loss I can totally relate, and for those who talk about being depressed and discouraged, I can totally relate!
I have a close girl friend who keeps "trying" to diet and I told her I really belive she has to believe in herself first. The food cravings will always be there but when you get to the point where you see yourself more important then that momentary pleasure from eatting that food, you will realize that you can say no easily to everything that was soo tempting before. Everyone comes to this place in their own journey all I can do is encourage those around me :carrot:

hmt1372
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow congrats!!! It's amazing what TOM can do to our bodies, but 18lbs is incredible!!! That's also wonderful that you have such a supportive coach and your hubby is on board. Mine is very supportive but honestly has no idea what I'm going through because he has always been as skinny as a rail.

RE the meat question. I am pretty sure it's now a general consensus that IP has changed the requirements, but if your coach hasn't been to any recent training they might not be up to date. On the sheet my coach gave me back in October she crossed out the different guidelines for fish and chicken, beef, pork and wrote 5-8oz above it. I generally eat 2 tilapia fillets for dinner and when I've weighed them it's between 7 and 8 ounces. I've attached what I believe is the most recent set of guidelines. HTH!

ETA: Where in VA are you? I'm heading back there in a few months (that's where we're from) and would love to find a local IP clinic up there.

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at the loss, especially after last week's WI. Definitely helps that my hubby is doing it with me. Thanks for the PDF and the meat info, I knew it was 5-8 oz!!! =)

We just moved to Lynchburg from Atlanta...quite a change, as you can imagine, but we really like it here so far. Where are you going to be living?

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Yes, that first WI will make it all worth while. I remember that first week being so hungry till ketosis kicked in, which for me was about the 6th day. I would just go to bed early those first few nights. Now with being in ketosis I'm never hungry.

I can relate. i have been in bed the last three nights before 9.. I eat, do some homework and i'm in bed, id rather be sleeping then dealing with the symptoms lol

Paint Lady
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at the loss, especially after last week's WI. Definitely helps that my hubby is doing it with me. Thanks for the PDF and the meat info, I knew it was 5-8 oz!!! =)

We just moved to Lynchburg from Atlanta...quite a change, as you can imagine, but we really like it here so far. Where are you going to be living?

I knew you would have a great WI, but I'm pleasantly shocked at how great!

I have a coach that does things a little different than most coaches. For instance, I wasn't "allowed" restricted veggies or foods until I went to phase 2. I knew that my clinic's info was outdated, but I wasn't going to argue with them over it. I just got my friend to purchase restricteds through her clinic and once a month I would meet up with her to pick up my boot-legged IP products. Sometimes, you just have to do what you gotta do. It's frustrating, but this site will keep you more in the know than your coaches most of the time.

idealpromom
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Hi Teach,
I to was "weak" over the holidays... it happens.... but I am back on track ready to do this full force!. Good luck... you know you can do it - have confidence and remember how great you felt while you were on plan :)

sekc14
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I have always ridden western. I feel that right now i am too heavy to ride so getting below 200 is a big goal for me. I am breaking one of the horses in and been spending lots of time this summer doing ground work. He is ready for some saddle work so I am hoping I can do that soon. Then spend the summer riding with hubby along the country roads. The one i am training now would be awesome in barrels so maybe I will do that next summer. Can't wait!

This horse can handle my weight, his mother is a full Arab and she can carry me but, I don't ride her. I have an 8 month old colt that is the grandson of the Arab. I'm ground training him although, not sure I will be the one to ride him as a green horse but, that will be a few years. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

trimup2day
01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Day 4 for me and I feel horrible! Will get through this!!!

I'm reading the success stories and what an inspiration. CONGRATULATIONS to you all!!!

A few questions.

Can we have mustard?

I feel so sick after taking the vitamins, will this pass? Can the diet be successful without taking the vitamins?

Thanks

JellyMae87
01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Day 4 for me and I feel horrible! Will get through this!!!

I'm reading the success stories and what an inspiration. CONGRATULATIONS to you all!!!

A few questions.

Can we have mustard?

I feel so sick after taking the vitamins, will this pass? Can the diet be successful without taking the vitamins?

Thanks

I would say yes to regular mustard, just be careful with Honey Mustard

gs463
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I have my first "official" appointment tomorrow so that I can finally start IP on Friday. I have been reading the threads for weeks and hope I can do as well as everyone on this site. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes. I have been copying and printing like crazy.

kbkwright
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan.
I put cinnamon in mine to make it more tolerable......also using VERY cold water helps.

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla

Directions:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

This is the recipe i use......DELICIOUS!! Sometimes when I am making these, I make more servings and freeze them for future use......pop them in the microwave and out the door I go!

Well day two of my restart and feeling AWESOME!! VERY EXCITED to weigh in next week! Last time i used restricteds right away and this time im waiting three weeks to see if there is a difference! That will be cool if there is.....for the better of course!:D

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
So, here's some good news. So, I started IP alternative on Monday. I hadn't weighed myself when I started because I had gone to the doctor two weeks prior, where i found out that I weighed 293. So, I bought a scale tonight. I just got on the scale for the heck of it. I weighed 278. I got on like five times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So some time between the last 3 weeks I lost 15 pounds? GO ME!

I have only been on IP for three days I couldn't have possibly lost any weight already, could I? However, I was doing p90x with my sister two times a week and "watching" what I was eating, before I started the diet. Regardless, of how it came off, before or after the diet... IT CAME OFF!

I won't weigh myself again til Monday - that will be a week since I started IP. I am excited as ever!!

galpal445
01-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Can we have mustard?

Thanks

Yes, you can use mustard just be sure to check the ingredients for sugar. You would be surprised at how many mustards actually contain sugar.

As far as the vitamins making you feel sick. I always take my pills right after I have eaten something. It helps with the sick feeling and also helps some nutrients absorb better.:D

trimup2day
01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, you can use mustard just be sure to check the ingredients for sugar. You would be surprised at how many mustards actually contain sugar.

As far as the vitamins making you feel sick. I always take my pills right after I have eaten something. It helps with the sick feeling and also helps some nutrients absorb better.:D

Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks

Eating only 800-900calories a day we do not get everything we need nutritional wise that is why the supplements are needed. Sorry I know that is not what you wanted to hear but its the truth. The supplements aren't taken to lose the weight just to give us the nutrition we are missing. If I am wrong someone correct me please! :)

galpal445
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you!!

Thanks

If you are getting sick after taking the vitamins, I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't think they should be affecting you in that way. You can take other vitamins but these were specifically made to meet all your daily nutrient needs along with the protein packets. I would definitely suggest you discuss it with your coach! Getting sick on the vitamins is NOT a good thing.:(

DanafromAustin
01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Can we have mustard?

Thanks
My daughter is going through mustard like crazy on this diet. She seems to put it on everything and I never remember her using much mustard on anything before IP. Her younger teenage brother said her taste buds must have gone crazy since being on IP.

It really is important to have the vitamins because our diet on IP is so limited and low in calories. I would eat your food before taking any vitamins so it's never on a empty stomach.

So, here's some good news. So, I started IP alternative on Monday. I hadn't weighed myself when I started because I had gone to the doctor two weeks prior, where i found out that I weighed 293. So, I bought a scale tonight. I just got on the scale for the heck of it. I weighed 278. I got on like five times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So some time between the last 3 weeks I lost 15 pounds? GO ME!

I have only been on IP for three days I couldn't have possibly lost any weight already, could I? However, I was doing p90x with my sister two times a week and "watching" what I was eating, before I started the diet. Regardless, of how it came off, before or after the diet... IT CAME OFF!

I won't weigh myself again til Monday - that will be a week since I started IP. I am excited as ever!!

I would guarantee you have lost weight already since this is the 3rd day of your diet. Of course it's mostly water at this point, but who cares as long as the scale shows a lower number.

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, whatever it was, I'll take it! :) I am excited to weigh on Monday now... Well I know there will be weeks where i'll gain or stay the same but a 1/2 lb would be exciting for me.

sekc14
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Thank you!!

Thanks

The vitamins cover whatever we might be missing in the way of nutrition because we are not on a balanced diet. One thing you might check is eliminating just the Omega 3 capsules. A few years ago my chiro sold me fish oil (Omega 3) because I had Lyme's disease and lots of inflammation/pain. The directions on the bottle said to take 1-2 teaspoons. The chiro didn't give me separate instructions. I took 2 tsp on a friday night and began having diarrhea shortly thereafter. I didn't take any more fish oil but I was sick for 3 days, then began throwing up on the 3rd day. I thought I was going to die!! I surfed the net and found out that some people are very sensitive to fish oil and will burp up bad egg taste, which was happening to me. I was REALLY annoyed, to say the least because I missed a day of work. I lost 10 lbs in 3 days but, I was so nauseated and weak, not to mention running to the bathroom every hour or more.

The omega 3 capsules IP sells upset me in the beginning. I think one of the downfalls of IP is that it isn't individualized enough. If you haven't been taking fish oil, i.e., omega 3 oils, you may need to build up to it. Your body needs them and they help with weight loss too. But, even with pets we're told to make diet changes GRADUALLY. IP may be too much change too fast for some people. I had already been taking all the supplements that IP requires. In fact, I was additionally taking Vit C, D, and Elderberry.

Your body does get used to it. I was only taking 2 per day and I think the stuff I had was better quality because I didn't get the fish burps with it, which the IP stuff did give me in the beginning.

I apologize for all the gross, graphic, TMI discussion here.

mrsmurphy
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you!!

Thanks

I am no expert by any means.. tomorrow will be day four for me. But, I would think maybe you could cut down? or try taking them all at different times, so that your body isn't getting a vitamin shock all at one time?

Ishbel
01-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you!!

Thanks

Try them at different times of the day, sometimes the potassium can irritate your tummy. You can take it at supper too with some food. It might help.

JellyMae87
01-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Try them at different times of the day, sometimes the potassium can irritate your tummy. You can take it at supper too with some food. It might help.

Hey Ish... I just checked out your ticker!! Look at you gooooo!! I am so happy for you!

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey Ish... I just checked out your ticker!! Look at you gooooo!! I am so happy for you!

Hmmmm....I am thinking we need to make a 100lb loss thread!!...we have quiet a few that have made it!

Ishbel
01-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Thanks Jelly, yours looking pretty good too! :)

lindac36
01-04-2012, 11:15 PM
My coach said not to go crazy with the lettuce, just 'cause it says 'unlimited'.
She said just a dinner salad size twice a day is good. That made the thought much easier for me. I have made a couple of chicken stir frys for dinner (it's only my second day) and i put that on top of romaine and butter lettuce, it's really good.

lindac36
01-04-2012, 11:26 PM
For trimup2day, you may try taking the dinner vitamin at bedtiime. That's what we tell the prenatal girls. By the time nausea sets in they are asleep and it's gone before they wake up. Just a thought, not medical advice for sure, but wuv is right 800-900 calories daily is not enough to supply the essential vitamins and minerals we require. Good Luck

Teach2lose
01-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Leganagen: Thanks for the words of encouragement! I know I can get back into it! Especially once I am back to work! I do come here to get inspiration and it really helps! Everyone is so positive and helpful!

patns
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
I have trouble with Omega oils but have switched to krill oil. That works way better for me. I would get so nauseous with Omega oil I didn't want to eat anything for hours. I have no bad effects with krill oil.

Teach2lose
01-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks Jellemae! I will check out that thread on getting started again.

JellyMae87
01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Busy thread today... It's nice to see things be so busy. It's been a while since we've had 8 pages of talk...

Hang in there newbies... It ickiness will be over before ya know it!!

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 01:27 AM
I was JUST going to say that Jelly, I am SOOOOOO HAPPY we have an active board again!!!

OMG....My ex's niece who is also my god child just sent me a message on FB....she is going for her consultation tomorrow!!!....I have inspired her to SIGN UP....she has been watching my progress...I am excited for her!!!!....she will be signing up on here as well. I told her about everyone!!!

Teach2lose
01-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Weigh in tomorrow!

wuv2bloved
01-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Weigh in tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK!!

Teach2lose
01-05-2012, 02:00 AM
GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks! I posted that so I could see my new ticker!!

NavyMommy
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Let's continue the chat on Thursday's (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249785-ip-daily-chat-thursday-1-5-12-a.html) thread!