The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Season 13!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Season 13!

FatToFitWife
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Yayy! New season starts tonight :)

peanutt
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm excited! I'm so glad there wasn't a long delay between seasons this time.

ennay
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh that reminds me I need to check the DVR. Last season it picked it up, but other seasons they had "season 10" in the title and so it didnt pick the new season.

I will NOT stay up to watch I will NOT stay up to watch.

FatToFitWife
01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
LOL ... Me too! I have to dvr it! So tempting haha!

ennay
01-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I actually liked the 2 episodes they bumped to 9-11 last season. 8 - 10 is too tempting.

runningfromfat
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
:woohoo:

Just subscribed to this thread and am ready to go. :corn: It was cool watching it last season because I was closer to their goal weights than their starting weight for once. :)

Pipergirl
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Yay! I can't wait for tonight.

tinkerbelll
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
wait.....are yous talking about the Biggest Loser? A new season starts already????

EDIT: i just saw what the title of the thread was! LOL a doyeeee!!!

canadianwoman
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I had forgotten about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Caramel33
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it..... I hate I missed the challenge on 3FC for this season :(

Ilene
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
It's on!! I think it's going to be a good season :D

twish
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Anyone watching now?

BethC
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm here... Loving it!

Ilene
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Anyone watching now?Yeppers :D

sunshine
01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
great show!

Pipergirl
01-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I also agree it was a great show!

maryshady
01-04-2012, 08:32 AM
I really hate when they start the season by kicking someone off who thought they had made it to the ranch. I just think it is a evil thing to do.
But besides that I loved the episode. Dolvette looks better this season! So glad he is back.

MindiV
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I liked this one a lot. Interesting people this time. I liked the pink/blue girl, Emily, who was an Olympic weightlifter. And the other pink/red girl, I forget her name, who was the pro wrestler. I think they'll be competitors.

Coondocks
01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I missed teh last ten minutes, who went home?

I actually like how they've split the pairs, it's not like they are alone and wont get to see their partner every day but they are going to realise that this journey is about them, can't lean so much on some one else. I like that.

EofAZ
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Darn it, my husband and I carpool and his truck broke down yesterday and put him 4 hours behind. I had to wait for him (we commute to far to go home and come back) and didn't get home until 11:00 pm. Sure hope my DVR recorded it.

MindiV
01-04-2012, 12:11 PM
I also liked how they split the teams...and how nobody was "super big" this season. Unless I'm mistaken (and I may be), nobody weighed more than 400 pounds. The numbers weren't shockingly huge (remember the 30+ pound first weeks last season?), but were respectable. Made for more evenly matched teams all around.

cherrypie
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I liked the new contestants, I like the 2 trainer system, I liked that they split the teams up, like that they are more reasonable sizes this season

hated the way they sent a team home before they even started.

hated the over the top entrances the trainers made. Wtf was that?

I was really disturbed by all the puking and passing out though. How is that helpful in any way?

ennay
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
The puking...they play it up because of the drama. There is a physiological reason for it and it isnt as dangerous as it seems. If it is happening every workout it is a problem but it is a common body response to doing something not normally asked of the body. It's also a common response to an adrenaline surge. If you are severely out of shape it doesnt take that much to get there and add the uncomfortable nervousness of the situation its really to be expected. If you are really in shape it takes more which is why you dont see it as often later in the season even though they push them harder..

p.s. dont volunteer to be the finish line worker at a 5K with people who take it seriously. puke-o-rama. I know a sub-elite runner who pukes every single time.

BUT a 40 yard dash with no warmup? No wonder someone tore a hammy. Although usually it's quads on a dash. I used to tear mine every season on my first sprint to first base.

- - my one continues BL rant. -- do the contestants not ever WATCH this show? They always seem so shocked by the twists. And every season 2-3 players state "I thought they would go easy on us the first workout" Uh...why would you think that?

I wonder if they toned down the pre first weigh in buffet? Even with the smaller size the numbers were much lower than in past seasons

cherrypie
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
ok so puking may be normal, but passing out?

mizzie
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
The new season started already?!? Dang! I'm still catching up on the last season online! lol Well, I've missed the first one, but it's ok. I find I don't really get to like the people until there's only about half of them left anyway.

I'll have to be sure to catch it from now on though, it really does help keep me motivated.

mizzie
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
do the contestants not ever WATCH this show? They always seem so shocked by the twists.

I know, right? It drives me crazy when there's a challenge and the prize is... dun-dun-dun... immunity and the contestants all react like it's a huge shock. Yes, that's a great thing if you are on the show, but it's not like it's an uncommon prize. They have done it a time or two. Sheesh.

I understand being excited, but I don't understand the big shock.

ennay
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I know, right? It drives me crazy when there's a challenge and the prize is... dun-dun-dun... immunity and the contestants all react like it's a huge shock. Yes, that's a great thing if you are on the show, but it's not like it's an uncommon prize. They have done it a time or two. Sheesh.

I understand being excited, but I don't understand the big shock.

My favorite is always when they break up teams or switch trainers or something. It's SUCH a shock because they only do something like that oh....at LEAST once a season.

cherrypie
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
oh and what is up with Bob's hair? :lol:

I always think it's funny how shocked everyone is too. And on survivor how no one ever goes out in their back yard and practices making a fire before they get there lol

MindiV
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Also, since when is Bob Mr. Bad Man? Wasn't he always mostly the nice trainer? Now he's got this maniacal laugh and crazy eyes, doing all sorts of yelling and stuff. I guess he's decided to out-Jillian the memory of Jillian...

ringmaster
01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I really hate when they start the season by kicking someone off who thought they had made it to the ranch. I just think it is a evil thing to do.
But besides that I loved the episode. Dolvette looks better this season! So glad he is back.

yeah, I felt bad for them too. 50 pounds (I think it was?), or 25 pounds each seems like alot for a month at home. Although if they pull it off I can see how it can motivate people at home to see those contestants do it at home and not on the show.

cherrypie
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
yeah, I felt bad for them too. 50 pounds (I think it was?), or 25 pounds each seems like alot for a month at home. Although if they pull it off I can see how it can motivate people at home to see those contestants do it at home and not on the show.

she looked about as pissed off as I would be in her shoes :lol:

ennay
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
When they first announced the 50 lbs I thought it wouldn't be AS big a deal as it sounds because I had assumed the normal amount of pre first weigh in buffet, but since the other contestants had about half the normal first week weigh in, now I do think it will be seriously hard.

And yes. I hate that too.

runningfromfat
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Another here who HATES that they kicked off one team right off the bat. It seems really rare that anyone ever makes it back on the ranch after those things (even when they DO lose a lot of weight!) and on top of that they never are able to catch up to the contestants in terms of weight loss. Seriously, WHY do they need to do that, ugh! And 50lbs is freaking A LOT. That's 25lbs each for a month. I can't even imagine that at my highest weight!!!

As for the partners splitting up. I like that also. There have definitely been partners who lean a little too heavily on each other and I have to wonder how they'll do once they are back on their own and life gets in the way. Besides it's not like they'll never see each other again on the ranch..

It was also nice to see "smaller" contestants simply because I'm sure they can get a lot out of being there too. ;) I have a feeling too we're going to see a female win this season again. The two strangers really seem like they'll be able to push hard and you do have a number of women there who are 300lbs+ so they do have a lot to lose too. None of the guys really stuck out as super competitive but then again it was just the first show.

Yay to another season! Oh, and congrats to Dolvett for finally beating bob!!!! It looks like the teams are much better matched than in pretty much ALL the previous seasons so it looks like it will be nice.

canadianwoman
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
That's 25lbs each for a month. I can't even imagine that at my highest weight!!!

It is totally do-able. Back when I was on Deal-A-Meal, I lost 27 pounds in my first month and for exercise I was doing one Richard Simmons workout tape everyday while eating 1800 calories on top of my normal daily life of raising two sons.

I might have to restart that again. :)

LeeLee953
01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I loved it I actually think I like Dulvett did not see it last year so I think I would have a love hate relationship with him but it is what i need to get my but in gear. I like the girl who was the weight lifter and I like Chisim so will be interesting to see who wins

curlymess13
01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
It's going to be a great season! I really like Dolvett.

Lyla
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Man i LOOOOOVE Dolvett body now, he improves himself as well and look so much better!.

Is not the first time they send a team home to give them a chance to get into the ranch, so i don't see why people get angry at it. As i see it in the same way that i sometimes see the whole show and contestants; Why do you have to enter a show to take control of yourself? ... i know, that is not the same to be away and just think about diet and excersice, but all the people in this and other boards do it at home, slower but steady, it can be done and sending a couple home, and if they can actually lose the amout of pounds, is a huge inspiration to the thousands that can not get into the ranch.

I don't get angry, i see it as more realistic inspiration to the people that dont hace the chance to be in the ranch. The only thing i would love to watch, is how they - at home - do it. 10 minutes of the show dedicated to them could be more inspirational.

ennay
01-09-2012, 12:11 AM
The only thing i would love to watch, is how they - at home - do it. 10 minutes of the show dedicated to them could be more inspirational.

Yes. I would love if each week they did a blurb on the at home contestants. Just a peek. Of course they would skew it for drama so if you saw them working hard then you would know they lost like 49 lbs and missed or if all you saw was them struggling then they would lose 75.

runningfromfat
01-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Yes. I would love if each week they did a blurb on the at home contestants. Just a peek. Of course they would skew it for drama so if you saw them working hard then you would know they lost like 49 lbs and missed or if all you saw was them struggling then they would lose 75.

I would love that too. However, I HATE how predictable biggest loser is at times. You can almost always tell from the order that you hear comments or who they are focusing on all week who is going home, ugh!

ringmaster
01-10-2012, 04:02 AM
probably old news, but Jillian Michaels left The Doctors show... when asked about returning to the biggest loser her representative said "never say never" hmmm...

maryshady
01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Would love to see Jillian come back

MindiV
01-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I bet Jillian will be back...she left once before didn't she?

cherrypie
01-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't want to see Jillian back. She's left twice now to push her own stuff and she is obviously more interested in that. Don't bite the hand that feeds you ya' know

diary
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey guys! I don't think I have posted on here before but I am a big biggest loser fan!

Love that Dolvete and Bob are the trainers. I miss Jillian. It would be nice to see her back, but she might have other things to do, so we shall see.

I LOVE the theme of this season! I feel like I have definitely been an "excuses" girl from time to time and this seson, I am taking it to heart!

NO EXCUSES! Go big or go home!

Ilene
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Watching it right now! Dolvet is stoked 94 LBS !!!
I would :fr:

ennay
01-11-2012, 02:16 AM
I would be pissed now if I was aqua. Not only do you not get to go to the ranch but you have to make a Jenny-o promotion.

kyalpn
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Can I say, I usually love Bob, but right now I just wanna kick his butt?

Why is he being so hateful, right now? "The red team is sooo cocky." "He's using all my exercises and it drives me crazy." "I had to get out of the toxic environment of that gym." blah blah blah. :(

Really, Bob? And I know that you were gloating about how the red team was doing more vandalism when they should've been working out, but if the 5 pound advantage wasn't in play, you still woulda lost the weigh in. What do you say about that?

canadianwoman
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I would be pissed now if I was aqua. Not only do you not get to go to the ranch but you have to make a Jenny-o promotion.

Seriously? The show really made them do that? Gawd.

I have not seen the particular episode yet but that is just so wrong on many levels.

Ilene
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I loved that Bob got upset, and IMHO I think it's all an act for the cameras... I really liked this episode....

cherrypie
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
that had to have been the most emotional elimination I remember. I'm glad he is doing well at home.

and bob is seriously annoying. Could he have rolled his eyes any further back in his head? :lol: Maybe this is the real bob and he's just been edited to look nice all this time?

ennay
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I think it is all totally scripted. Bob and Jillian were a team but that made the rivalry less dramatic. Bring in a new person and this time THIS MEANS WAR..

I hadnt noticed Bob's hair last week. Seriously. WTF. That looks like what happens when a 2 year old finds the trimmers.

kyalpn
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Well, I wish the people writing the script (if that's what they are doing) would go back to the way it was. Being competitive at weigh in's...Ok. That's cool. The rest of it is just crazy, and I really hope Bob is not that egotistical in real life.

EofAZ
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I loved that Bob got upset, and IMHO I think it's all an act for the cameras... I really liked this episode....

I have to agree, I think it is all for the cameras and I really am enjoying this season so far. It looks like it is going to be really good.

cherrypie
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
was I the only one who thought it was kinda stupid of the red team to vote off one of the biggest players this early?

TooManyDimples
01-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Yay for a new season! That was one crazy, drama filled elimination last night. I felt bad for Mike because we obviously haven't been seeing whatever his behavior was that made everyone dislike him. Even with his attitude during the last chance workout he still lost 7lbs so it was just silly for them to be claiming at elimination that they were voting for him because of his effort. It was obviously personal. I don't like Conda so I will look forward to her going home.

Kim better be glad she had a better personality than Mike because otherwise she obviously deserved to be the one going home.

Love Dolvette and Bob and I actually find their little rivalry funny. It looks like it's going to be a good season.

ringmaster
01-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I thought they got paid something to do those endorsements, maybe at the very least they give them a year supply of Jenni-O turkey.

Bob can be mad about Dolvett copying him, but it looks like Bob is copying Jillian now. The entrance with the motorcycle in the first episode is a similar entrance Jillian did in I think it was season 4.

I'm not sure about the red team making a 95 pound bet, they said they didn't know poker much so it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing and just bet anything. It also seemed like maybe they didn't know how much 3.8% would be in pounds...they probably just didn't want to admit to the camera and everyone they made a mistake lol

ennay
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Maybe Bob decided he needed to up his attitude so he didnt end up with a crazy stalker like last season.

Or maybe he's just mad that the ladies all called Dolvett a hunk and a half last week.

maryshady
01-12-2012, 08:32 AM
After the elimination I really can't stand the red team. Don't like their condescending attitude. Don't know what the guy did but just thought it was really petty and mean to act the way some of them did. Just say you voted for him and leave the rest out of it. I really think Kim should have went home. It was her fault they lost the weigh in and she lost the least amount of weight.

I agree that they shot themselves in the foot for voting off someone who had the potential to lose a lot of weight in coming weeks.

Can't stand Conda either. She has a real chip on her shoulder and can't wait for her to go home.

Though the at-home team looked like they lost weight. You could kind of see it in their faces and what was it with the guy and the scarf around his neck. Has he lost that much weight that they didn't want to show his neck sagging?

ontarget
01-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I was shocked at the elimination, too. Usually the contestants are "nice" to those being sent home. I am glad Mike is doing well at home. I hope he can quit tobacco as well as lose weight.

MindiV
01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I hope Mike does well, but I just get the feeling there was a LOT that went on with that team for things to happen the way they did. Mike came off, to me, as a really nasty person. So did what's her face who was arguing so much with him. But something about Mike rubbed me the wrong way.

canadianwoman
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Okay, I am watching the episode now and I am at the part with Dr. H telling the one guy he has sleep apnea. What irks me is that the mask and hose for the CPAP machine can be seen right beside the guy on the bedside table while the doctor is telling him this bit of 'news'.

Annoying show.

MindiV
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I fast forward through all the doctor stuff. It has gotten redundant over the years...

canadianwoman
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I fast forward through all the doctor stuff. It has gotten redundant over the years...

I should have too as it is so scripted.:dizzy:

cherrypie
01-12-2012, 08:28 PM
maybe the doctor brought them with him and put them on the night tables before they started talking.

cherrypie
01-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I hope Mike does well, but I just get the feeling there was a LOT that went on with that team for things to happen the way they did. Mike came off, to me, as a really nasty person. So did what's her face who was arguing so much with him. But something about Mike rubbed me the wrong way.

she was loudly saying she hated him at the first weigh in. I was shocked by that. who does that?

Ilene
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM
she was loudly saying she hated him at the first weigh in. I was shocked by that. who does that?I think she was pissed at him because he called her brother something like "big guy" at the weigh-in, I didn't find it that offensive myself, so there must be something more that happened behind the scenes...

I also chuckled when the girls were :drool: over Dolvet and weren't saying anything about Bob :lol:...

cherrypie
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I get pretty pissed at people too. I've never announced I hated them right in front of their face lol

babygrant
01-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I think she was pissed at him because he called her brother something like "big guy" at the weigh-in, I didn't find it that offensive myself, so there must be something more that happened behind the scenes...

I also chuckled when the girls were :drool: over Dolvet and weren't saying anything about Bob :lol:...

He called he brother "tank" at the first weigh in. Pretty rude IMHO.

canadianwoman
01-13-2012, 03:17 AM
He called he brother "tank" at the first weigh in. Pretty rude IMHO.

I missed that but it was pretty rude. Some of my so-called 'friends' called me that in highschool.

canadianwoman
01-13-2012, 03:21 AM
maybe the doctor brought them with him and put them on the night tables before they started talking.

I doubt that because this was the second week on the Ranch and the doctor would have known thier conditions long before that and had them set up with the machines when they first arrived. Both of them had CPAP machines. You could see the hoses snaking up from underneath the beds and the masks were resting on the end table between the 2 beds. I caught that during a long camera shot.

maryshady
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I don't think her brother was offended at all. He didn't even seem to notice. It was her that was all aghast at the comment. He did say he apologized immediately after the weigh in when he realized it upset her. She needs to get over herself. It wasn't like it was a skinny person calling him tank. He is just as overweight as her brother.

Do love her brother though. Don't see how he got such an awesome personality and she is just a witch!

maryshady
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that most of them didn't have really great weight losses the first week and then the second week was so bad. Just doesn't make sense. You would think if they didn't have a great first week the second week would have been better. Did anyone but the one kid have a weight loss in the double digits?

Ilene
01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't think her brother was offended at all. He didn't even seem to notice. It was her that was all aghast at the comment. He did say he apologized immediately after the weigh in when he realized it upset her. She needs to get over herself. It wasn't like it was a skinny person calling him tank. He is just as overweight as her brother.

Do love her brother though. Don't see how he got such an awesome personality and she is just a witch! I also didn't feel that he was that offensive when he said that, like Mary said it's not like a small person was calling out an overweight person... And he did appologize... It's just not nice to name call anyone not matter what, but maybe to him it is a term endearment :lol: ... Maybe he calls everyone who is big in his life Tank... I call many men Bud :shrug:

ontarget
01-13-2012, 10:05 AM
"I was wondering if anyone else noticed that most of them didn't have really great weight losses the first week and then the second week was so bad. Just doesn't make sense. You would think if they didn't have a great first week the second week would have been better. Did anyone but the one kid have a weight loss in the double digits? "

I was wondering about that, too.

I really like the brother that got called "Tank", too. My husband remarked that his personality was a lot like Ramon's--great positive attitude and smile.

Jennifer 3FC
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I feel really bad for the couple that got sent home the first night - not only because they had to go home, but because they had to film the cooking in their house. As if it's not hard enough to wrap up your life for the next 12 weeks so you can actually get on a plane and go, but now you have to have your house in order for millions of people to see! I think I'd lose those 50 pounds running around painting my walls, scrubbing drip pans, and getting everything in tip top shape!

I didn't think I'd like anybody from this season. At last season's finale, the trailer made everybody look whiny and crabby. But there turns out to be several that I like. Plus, I like it that the weight loss has seemed more realistic this season.

ontarget
01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I like this season's group, too.

Lyla
01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Nasty the way Bob was acting in this episode. Since when does one specific exercise belongs to him?. If all this is an acting for the cameras, he will lose lots of fans if this continue.

KimL1214
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Just going to say... I can't stand Conda!!! She is so childish and petty, it drives me nuts!!! I will be happy to see her go when her time comes, and I am hoping for tonight!

Candeka
01-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Ugh, I can't wait until Conda goes home. She's very nasty and snobby. I don't understand why people are not voting to get her out. It's not like she pulls in big numbers. My dislike for her is actually so strong that I almost change the channel when shes talking, because nothing nice ever comes out of her mouth!

BethC
01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes, she's too much, they just showed a preview, it looks like it's going to come to a head next week.

KimL1214
01-17-2012, 11:03 PM
From the looks of next weeks reviews, Conda is getting on more than just my nerves! Candeka I totally agree with you and actually changed the channel towards the end when she went into her weigh in drama. I'm a little upset that Lauren went home, as their reasons really kinda sucked. She doesn't have the distractions of family, etc., but that also means she doesn't have that support... I don't know, I just really wanted Conda to go!

trekkiegirl
01-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I didn't like the so-called logic of sending home someone because she's young and doesn't have kids and other "distractions", which seemed to be the buzzword. So basically their family=distractions=excuses.

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the editing but I've noticed a difference in Bob for several seasons now. He seems more bored by things, more quick to fly off the handle. He doesn't seem to bond as deeply as he did with some contestants in earlier seasons. He seems like he's been doing this show so long now that there's more a mix of boredom, frustration with the game, less patience with people. There seems to be a greater sense of distance and coldness than he used to display.

Seriously....what do people think when they apply to be on the show, that they're going away for a week? It's been on long enough now plus I'm sure it's all explained to them that they could potentially be gone for several months with no family contact.

Wow, (Ana)Conda jealous much???

Candeka
01-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Maybe they were told to send Lauren home and keep Conda since Conda adds drama to the show well Lauren was kind of in the shadows? It is a TV show after all and drama keeps viewers. However, in this case I think it might lose viewers since a lot of people use this as a motivational show, and watching someone be rude and roll their eyes when someone else loses more weight than them is very very irritating.

MindiV
01-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe they were told to send Lauren home and keep Conda since Conda adds drama to the show well Lauren was kind of in the shadows? It is a TV show after all and drama keeps viewers.

This is exactly what I thought...Conda = drama. Lauren was kinda boring. She wasn't an ex-wrestler, ex-weight lifter or drama queen. She was kind of Tara from a previous season.

Burns me up when the guy just up and left. Bet the blue team members would have loved his team's spot since he didn't want to be there.

ontarget
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Thought it was bad for the guy to leave since so many (MANY!) want to be there.

Conda needs an attitude adjustment as well as a trip home. I hope she gets both. Also, I normally worry about contestants reading what we're saying here; but with Conda, I hope she does.

NEMom
01-18-2012, 11:58 AM
I can't believe the guy who just up and left. At the very least he should have waited until the weigh in and ask to be the one sent home. Seems like every season there is at least one contestant who wants to go home.
Why were the weight loss numbers so low for the red team? They lost about half the weight as the black team. I wonder if they are on the same diet plans that the other team is following? The numbers are just not as big this year as in the past.
Bob's attitude is really getting on my nerves. Maybe he has always been this way and they have only shown his nice side in the past. I love Dolvett. I could look at him all day long and break out into a sweat.

kyalpn
01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Ugh, I can't wait until Conda goes home. She's very nasty and snobby. I don't understand why people are not voting to get her out. It's not like she pulls in big numbers. My dislike for her is actually so strong that I almost change the channel when shes talking, because nothing nice ever comes out of her mouth!

Thank you! I've pretty much had it with all the childish behaviour on the ranch right now, and there is a lot of it going on. I seriously am not feeling anyone on this season except maybe Roy and Chris. The rest of them need to shape up...

And what's up with people quitting? When I think how Team Aqua wasn't allowed on the ranch and two people just bailed? Give me a freakin break! And how many people tried out for the show and didn't get a space...it makes me crazy.

ennay
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I liked Lauren a lot.

I wonder how much Conda is really like that all the time and how much is skewed by editing. Seriously, if she was that annoying all the time there is no way her team would have kept her.

I think Bob has been told to fill Jillians shoes in the drama dept and it just doesnt come naturally.

Did anyone notice in the "rematch" that conda cheated? She only had one foot in one of the boxes.

hotHealthy4life
01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, so I skipped reading the last few comments....
But I am so disappointed with Bob! His comment about Dolvett being childish, and then getting all angry and whiny and resentful.. 'he watched all my seasons and took all my moves'....well if anything Bob, he would watch old seasons to take Jillian's moves because, dear sir, she used to kick your butt if you remember.
I mean I am really disappointed because I watched and loved him even prefered him over Jillian for years, and it started with that talk about John in last season, now this.... guess he's really not that nice and genuine...
And what's with his hair anyway?
Ok, rant over....

On the other hand I really like Dolvett. He was adjusting to the show last season but now he really is a strong opponent to Bob and that's what probably bothers Bob, cause now with Jill gone, he probably thought he would be the alpha trainer in the show.

I like the cast, but don't prefer anyone yet. But I got to says that bet the girls from the red team (don't know names yet) made about 3.8% was plain stupid.

ontarget
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
As to Conda's cheating in the 2nd competition--my husband and I thought she also cheated in the first one. Not the girl from the black team. Conda! If you watch it closely, Conda did not raise and extend that piece of equipment nearly as much as the other girl. And then Conda accused the other girl of cheating! Absurd!

ringmaster
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Bob said noone ever quit... didn't Rulon from a few seasons ago quit? Only thing is if they want to go home they should just throw the weigh in since even if they go home on their own someone else that wants to be there then gets eliminated. They probably know they will be away from home, but maybe they don't know the drama and what goes on behind the camera and maybe it just got to Joe,..seemed like alot of drama was going on with his brother.

LeeLee953
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
CONDA NEEDS to go just want to slap her really I know its TV and we need some Drama but she is just annoying I hope she goes home soon Ithink it should of been her as for no distractions that is crap just because you do not have a family with kids u still have distractions I am glad Lauren has done so well. I am rooting for Santa and Chisim my favorite 2 right now

zenor77
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm sure some of the "drama" is just good editing. That said, Conda is super irritating. That can't all be editing.

I do think the Bob vs. Dolvett thing is mostly fabricated. It seems so forced. Of course, it doesn't really matter. Dolvett wins in the "fox" category! ;)

maryshady
01-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Just going to say... I can't stand Conda!!! She is so childish and petty, it drives me nuts!!! I will be happy to see her go when her time comes, and I am hoping for tonight!

I'm with you. Oh she gets on my nerves. Hate everything about her

I thought the same thing She is the biggest girl on the team (maybe Ranch) and her numbers are dismal every week. I wait an hour to watch each week so I can fast forward thru commercials. Well last night i was fast forwarding everytime she talked! ugh!

Maybe they were told to send Lauren home and keep Conda since Conda adds drama to the show well Lauren was kind of in the shadows? It is a TV show after all and drama keeps viewers. However, in this case I think it might lose viewers since a lot of people use this as a motivational show, and watching someone be rude and roll their eyes when someone else loses more weight than them is very very irritating.

I was wondering that too. Why would they keep her? She is a drag on the team as far as weight loss numbers and ability.

Did anyone notice in the "rematch" that conda cheated? She only had one foot in one of the boxes.

I noticed that too. Didn't Dolvett say high knees too. She barely picked her legs up.

afm~I love the show but I really don't care for this season. I like most of the contestants they just seem whiny though. Really like the young girl on the black team,. Really don't like the older lady on the black team that is always crying and whining. Just shush up and do the best you can.

Agreed about the guy that left early. Just wait out the week and throw the weigh in so everyone could have stayed another week since it wasn't Conda that went hom! lol!!

Lyla
01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I think red team is making very BAD desitions. Lauren? really? they are not thinking as a team cause she was not the best desition to send home at all.

I hate Conda since week 1, playing the victim in the WI. In week 2 all the drama against Joe's brother was a personal thing from the WI in week 1, and kind of stupid :S. In this week i didn't undertood the drama since the girl from the black team picked her, just shut up and work out instead.

Also i really liked when Santa beated the black girl that was a powerlifter (i'm not good with names yet hehe), she was so cocky and his reaction was from a gentleman. He is also one of my favorites.

And that girl from the red team that was a fighter, GOSH i hated her when Chism won. C'mon you may not love to lose (no one does) but please, behave as an adult.

And i'm hating Bob, he is acting childish, you can compete but is not necesarily to act like that. Dolvett in the other hand look like is nothing personal but a game, Bob don't seem to look it in the same way.

cherrypie
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
some of the comments made during the weigh ins were crazy.

and was I the only one that noticed during the pair ups that a majority of the red team matched had a higher % of body fat lost than their pair on the black team :lol:

runningfromfat
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

I know it's early in the season but for some reason I'm not feeling this season as much as last season. I think the biggest thing for me is that I'm not finding anyone very inspirational that I can relate to. Hopefully, eventually...

Conda, I'm hoping she turns out to be like Hannah of seasons past (annoying at first but seemed to grow A LOT on the show and eventually turned out to be a relateable person).

Ugh, and don't get me started on the guy who kick. COME ON! WHY!?!?! :rollpin: I have to say that made me way more upset than Conda. He could've at least waited until the weigh-in and asked to be thrown off. I mean, seriously, he was given an amazing opportunity and just threw it away. I don't get it, do these people not understand how long the biggest loser lasts? Their families have to agree with it so why did he freak out all of a sudden (and I'm saying this as a mother!). I actually told my husband if he was in the same position as this guy (severely overweight with a plethora of health problems) and came home early, he'd be in serious trouble! I'd much rather him healthy and able to live a long life with us together than have him back immediately.

cherrypie
01-25-2012, 02:44 AM
wow, I don't ever remember a cameraman or a producer talking before and tonight there was both. And obviously Conda just isn't getting on our nerves.

ontarget
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the same. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think her attitude will improve much. Maybe the threat of losing prize money will keep her in check a bit, but I doubt it could be long term.

(Take a peek at Dolvett's page on FB at what folks are saying.)

Ilene
01-25-2012, 11:10 AM
(Take a peek at Dolvett's page on FB at what folks are saying.)

:lol: they are calling Conda, AnaConda :lol: ... I love FB ...

Yes, Conda is very immature and has a lot of growing up to do... But then again Gail is older and is a whinner too :rolleyes: I'm kinda glad she is gone but I liked her better than Conda... I'm also happy that she is doing so well at home though, I think she learned her lesson...

I don't understand what people expect when they go on this show, they've obviously watched it before applying for the show... Jeez, quit your whinning, quit your quitting, lose the weight and do what your trainer says *period* ... Maybe I'm incensitive :devil: ...

cherrypie
01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
can we get a link to dolvett's page?

Ilene
01-25-2012, 12:00 PM
can we get a link to dolvett's page?If you have FB just search Dolvett, he has two, I think, pages, I «liked» the page where there is a real close up of him on his profile pic...

cherrypie
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
found it, thanks

ontarget
01-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Bob has a page, too, on FB.

Ilene
01-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Bob has a page, too, on FB.So does Jillian Micheals...

ontarget
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks.

ringmaster
01-25-2012, 09:16 PM
oh boy..poor aqua team had to do another endorsement... I really hope they get paid or something for that.

I didn't see the part where the camera man said something? I watched on hulu and it looked like maybe some parts were cut short or maybe I missed it.

ontarget
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Chris was talking with a camera person when she was in her room having her meltdown. It sounded like Conda was talking with a producer when she was outside the gym after Dolvett showed her the door. We could hear the producer's voice in that segment.

MusicalAstronaut
01-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm with you. Oh she gets on my nerves. Hate everything about her

I thought the same thing She is the biggest girl on the team (maybe Ranch) and her numbers are dismal every week. I wait an hour to watch each week so I can fast forward thru commercials. Well last night i was fast forwarding everytime she talked! ugh!

I was wondering that too. Why would they keep her? She is a drag on the team as far as weight loss numbers and ability.

I noticed that too. Didn't Dolvett say high knees too. She barely picked her legs up.

afm~I love the show but I really don't care for this season. I like most of the contestants they just seem whiny though. Really like the young girl on the black team,. Really don't like the older lady on the black team that is always crying and whining. Just shush up and do the best you can.

Agreed about the guy that left early. Just wait out the week and throw the weigh in so everyone could have stayed another week since it wasn't Conda that went hom! lol!!

Ugh, I agree so much with all of this. Conda is driving me NUTS. She's ruining the show for me. Last season was so inspirational and all I want to do is smack Conda every time I try to watch the show.

Wild Vulpix
01-26-2012, 09:39 PM
That's funny that people are saying that they found the last season better. Last season, everyone was saying they found season 11 better. During season 11, it was a consensus that the participants just weren't on the likeability level as season 10. During season 10, it was agreed that nobody was likeable, and that season 9 was much better.

Next season, I bet everyone will rave about how great season 13 was, and how 14 is such a disappointment by comparison.

But at least we haven't gotten to the "I've just about given up on this show" comment (that usually comes from the same person or people every season).

Conda, and everyone else, is just a character on a reality show. You can't judge anybody's real personality based on a reality show. They are manipulated by soundbites, misleading camera shots, and video editing so that you have someone to root for and someone to root against. You're only shown the most obnoxious things she has done over the course of a week--I can nearly garment that if she's done anything worse, they wouldn't have cut it out. They would have shown it, with dramatic sound effects and false reaction shots to fuel your fire. Interview questions are asked in ways to manipulate the interviewee, as well as get them to say the most interesting things. An interview session with any given contestant lasts 3 hours--you betcha they can dig out something drama worthy in 3 hours if they want to. The producers are psychological ninjas.

If you want to dislike her or hate her, that's great, but recognize that you're hating the fictional character Conda that's created by the Biggest Loser, and not the real person Conda. You're doing exactly what the producers want you to do--and that's fine. But right now Conda is home, watching the season unfold before her, and probably in tears the way she's being treated because of the way the Biggest Loser chose to betray her.

They could have very well shown all the good things she has done in the course of a week, and chose to make her out to be the show's heroine, but they didn't.

ontarget
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Good points. Thanks for posting.

Wild Vulpix
01-27-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry if my post came off as accusitory :) I don't blame anyone for hating someone on a reality show. I'm guilty of it too. It can be really hard--those producers and editors really know what they're doing!

That all said, I'm glad Chris wasn't sent home. I cant help loving her. Probably because she's Mrs. Clause and all. I don't want Santa to go too, and maybe if Chris was sent home, he'd get sad and follow after her.

Also, its SO weird when they do 1 hour shows! I almost feel entitled to my two hours! (Yet I still poke fun that the show is two hours... you can't.win with me I guess.)

Ilene
01-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry if my post came off as accusitory :) I don't blame anyone for hating someone on a reality show. I'm guilty of it too. It can be really hard--those producers and editors really know what they're doing!
No problem, you're post was your opinion and that's ok... I think we all know, deep down, that everything is very well edited and made for TV and the more viewers -- us -- the better... So let's just keep a hatin' Conda, makes for great conversation :gossip:

TooManyDimples
01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Eh, they can't force someone to say ugly things to their trainer, accuse people of cheating just because they're sore over losing a challenge, say ugly things in weigh in and when they are all sitting around talking. They might just be showing the ugly parts of Conda's personality, but the fact remains that those ugly parts of her personality are real. I know without a doubt if I met her in real life she's the kind of person I wouldn't want anything to do with. I'll continue to look forward to her going home ASAP.

Italiannie
01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
OK, We're only half an hour in and I'm already mad at everyone for how they are treating the Aqua Team. What a bunch of whiners!

The Aqua Team worked their butts off at home and are running circles around the rest of them. Go Aqua!

BethC
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Agreed! I'm going to have to turn off the volume soon. How can you automatically act like that towards someone you've never met?!

Yes, Adreiene was talking about working out for 14 hours, but they asked! And when they finished the workout and he could do the pull-ups and no one else could, he response was "this was an easier workout"? If it was so easy, how come she couldn't do it?

What a b-----!!

Ilene
01-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Agreed! I'm going to have to turn off the volume soon. How can you automatically act like that towards someone you've never met?!

Yes, Adreiene was talking about working out for 14 hours, but they asked! And when they finished the workout and he could do the pull-ups and no one else could, he response was "this was an easier workout"? If it was so easy, how come she couldn't do it?

What a b-----!!Ditto! Ditto! I want to :frypan: her... Extremely imature!!

free1
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I hardly post in this forum BUT...Conda is horrid. What makes her believe that she can tell a grown men when to be quiet or treat him as if he needs her permission to speak. She has never talked to the other men like that. I wonder why she feels its okay to talk to a GROWN MAN in such a demeaning way. It sounds like she's talking to a child or property. I wonder what's different about Adrian....hmmmmmm.

cherrypie
01-31-2012, 11:08 PM
ugh. No conda going home again. Am I the only one who thought maybe the red team lost because their focus was on her drama and not on weightloss? The aqua team hasn't even had a chance. The guy was right his grave was dug before he got there.

almost all of both teams had horrible weigh ins

ddc
01-31-2012, 11:53 PM
I can't believe that they did not send Conda home--again!!

It's not the Aqua teams fault that they came back on the show like they did, the producers set that up, so I don't think they should be treating them like 'outsiders'--it's the show's fault. Maybe that was set up that way for the drama?

This episode gave me a headache.

shawnamadonna1013
02-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Conda is ruining this season for me. I can't believe how immature she is. I hope I was never as nasty to people as she is. This witch is raising a child! Scary.

I think the aqua team did play the game this week. They didn't have any other choice. They probably had lots of salt and drank a lot of water to ensure a good weigh in next week. That's fair, I think. Of course if they dont get the team biggest loser next week they'll be voted off. They should have gotten 2 weeks immunity or something.

Bette k
02-01-2012, 12:59 AM
I agree Conda needs to go, but I also don't like any of the younger women this season. Kim, Emily, and Courtney all seem to be looking for drama. The 2 that were olympic athletes ( Kim and Emily I think) seem to be wanting all the attention in the gym and yet no one is putting up the kind of numbers that they should be.

MindiV
02-01-2012, 09:18 AM
NONE of the people who have been on the ranch are giving the aqua team members any respect at all. It's not like they sat at home and ate Doritos for a month and then showed back up and walked onto the show...they worked their tails off to lose more weight than any of the people on the ranch probably ever did at home and earned the right to come back and stay. It's like a month on the ranch made everyone else forget where they came from and why they needed to be there.

Also don't blame aqua for playing the game. I agree they'd be toast next week if they didn't.

Weigh in was bad for everyone. Kinda crazy.

Conda seems to be poisoning the red team and they don't even realize. They sent home a person with a higher percentage of weight lost and kept Conda? Really? Bet Dolvett hits the ceiling...

maryshady
02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Can I say it again? Can't stand Conda. She is rude, disrespectful, a backbiter! ugh! I am beginning to see some of her behaviors in her brother as well. Used to think he was nice before last nights episode. Thought both of the young man were very rude to Chris. She was trying to reach out and they were like "whatever". Who raised these kids?

I really like the Aqua team and am hoping they get to stay there. It is possible that they didn't throw the weigh in. If they were really working out 14 hrs a day and went down to like 5 or 6 that might have slowed their weight loss. Plus it may have been a plateau week for both of them since they have lost a tremendous amount of weight in the previous 4 weeks. They lost more weight then some of the other contestants at the ranch in that time and no one was accusing any of them as throwing the weigh loss. But if they did, I would have done the same thing. Cause you know they will be the first to go if they are not the biggest loser each week.

Thought the black team was much more accepting of their aqua team member. The red team are afraid of him and his accomplishments. He came in thinking these people were nice and would be accepting. Really feel for him. He seems like a very nice sincere guy. At least we know if he goes home he will be able to do it on his own... Having lost 50 lbs before he even began the show.

Ilene
02-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Conda seems to be poisoning the red team and they don't even realize. I can't believe how they are taking Conda's part :faint: ... I can't understand that...

They sent home a person with a higher percentage of weight lost and kept Conda? Really?That's what my husband said1 Unbelievable...

It is possible that they didn't throw the weigh in. I'm kinda naive and want to think that too :lol: ... Aqua guy said that they were eating less carbs at home, in my experience with carbs it is very possible that just eating oatmeal every morning could stall their weight loss for that week.... but it should be ok next... I hope they stay, I really want them to stay....

Aqua team did lose more weight at home than some of them at the ranch...

I was soooo happy for Aqua guy, when he went all the way across the bars :bravo:

Jennifer 3FC
02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Conda maybe isn't as bad as they are making her look. It's strange that nobody voted for her last night. Or maybe they're too scared too, lol.

I wonder if Nancy privately asked them to send her home. I'm sure she knew Kimmy voted for her because she held her hand before she even started. I dunno.

I agree about aqua - this is a really bad place for them to be in! I think the only thing that Adrian did that was wrong was speak up about voting Nancy off at the end. He probably should have kept his mouth shut then, but otherwise I think he got an unfair shake!

cherrypie
02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
the aqua team could have not lost weight just because of the changes this week. And the stress

MindiV
02-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I nearly broke out in cheering on my elliptical this morning when I was watching the show and the Aqua guy went across while nobody else who'd been there on the ranch a month could get to the second bar. That was GREAT!

ennay
02-01-2012, 11:58 AM
AND Who knows what kind of dehydration they put themselves in just to make sure they made the 50 lbs.

Conda is evil. and Andre DOES need to learn when to shut up .

kyalpn
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
When I saw a clip of Kim saying something to the effect that, "If I go home, do I get to come back? No," I knew what the real deal was. It's the producers' fault that the contestants didn't know that was the deal given to the Aqua team.

I can't really speak to the Adrian "needing to listen and not talk", because I don't like conflict and arguing as a rule and had the sound turned down. But like I said, the clip of Kim told me what I needed to know.

That being said, Aqua needs to bring it every week because they will get sent home pronto if they have poor numbers. I'd be will to bet Adrian goes home next week if Red Team loses the weigh-in.

Candeka
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't like how spoiled all of the contestants are acting because of the aqua team "intruded" by coming in late. They worked their butts off, and they want to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle just like the other contestants want to. Plus, they are saying that the aqua team should have pulled big numbers, yet no one else pulled anything huge which is unfair. I know it's probably all "fake drama", but I find it very very childish on everyone's part. If I was a contestant, I would be welcoming these people with open arms and congratulating them on their impressive weight loss at home! I wouldn't be acting like I own the ranch just because I was there 4 weeks earlier!

smad11
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I agree with pretty much all of you... Conda is really spoiling the season for me... I feel like she is poisoning the other members of her team, and she is very very immature. I get that there will always be a bit of drama on the show... and they plan it that way so people watch, but lately I feel like there has just been way to much, and not enough weight loss. This season hasn't had a single person putting up huge numbers... not like last season and 100lbs that came off of some of those contestants in record time. I feel like the new guy from the aqua team has some determination, and that could see him through to the end.

Anyway, I just want Conda gone.. I'm sick of her excuses and her eye rolling. So annoying.

jomatho
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I have to jump in here and agree with most of you, I cannot stand Conda! She has go to go home, soon!

I hope she is sitting home watching and embarrassed by her behaviors. I hope she learns a good lesson by it all and grows up a bit.

I know tv shows can skew things to make people look good or bad or make us focus on one thing or another, but the fact is that she is saying these things loud and clear. The reason they are not focusing on other people saying rude destructive things is because they aren't saying them.

I just keep reminding myself that when she acts like she does and cuts other people down, that means she is just very insecure of herself and tries to focus and bring other peoples focuses on someone elses faults. The basis of bullying. She is a bully.

My favorite so far is the girl that had the contest with Conda last week, can't remember her name. She seems to give 110% with everything and it shows in her weigh ins.

I get annoyed when they vote out people who put up big numbers. Hello, this is a group venture still at this point, why would you get rid of someone who puts up big numbers and keep someone who doesn't????? I can see doing that when it gets to singles, but don't vote out your strongest members, duh.

Okay, thanks, I feel a little better after venting, :lol:

I do love the show, just a little annoyed at this point, mainly due to (ana)Conda. She is a snake for sure.

SaraBean
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I can't stand Conda. She is annoying and really mean...

cherrypie
02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
sadly I think all the attention she is getting will mean more players like her in the future.

NEMom
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Just had to chime in to say I too HATE CONDA and the girl who has become her cohort, the ex wrestler I think it is.
I felt so bad for how the aqua team was treated. I was embarrassed for the contestants who acted like such children when they came back. I hope they are not the first to go next week.

pam920
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
have to agree. Conda is ruining this season for me. Mean to the bone. Kim is no better. I like the girl that had the competition with Conda too. I can't remember her name. Sorry to see Nancy go. She put up a better number than Conda. At this point in the game, they should vote out the lowest weight loss for that week. Oh wait, Conda might have been gone long ago, if they did that.

ringmaster
02-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm impressed by the aqua team. I wonder what they were really doing at home, they not only lost weight they really built up some strength. I don't really think they were playing the game...they might of dehydrated before the weigh in to get back on though, plus they said their diet changed and it could of caused a plateau.

I was surprised by Kim's attitude towards the aqua team though...not so surprised about Conda, and I agree she is getting annoying with the attitude and always rolling her eyes every week. I'm surprised noone is voting Conda off, if she acts like that all the time she has to be toxic to the team. Maybe they are scared she'll be complaining if they vote for her but doesn't get enough votes to go home. I'm hoping at the finale she matures or if it was just the camera we get to see a nicer side of her.

pink parrothead
02-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Has anyone else noticed how unpleasant both trainers were to the aqua team at the weigh in? Instead of acknowledging the change in their schedules, eating habits and exercise, they criticized both of them for not losing enough weight. It's as if even Bob has forgotten the real reason that people come to the ranch and is so busy being in competition with Dolvett that he only cares about the game.

smad11
02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah I did Notice that too.... It seemed completely plausible that due to the stress of being there and the change in exercise and diet could make them plateau.... Who knows......

TooManyDimples
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Andre made a few mistakes last night, but seriously feel sorry for the guy. You can't win with Conda if she doesn't want you to. He didn't have a chance by the looks of it.

I can not believe the way she was acting when they were at the beach waiting for the challenge to start. And Kim... man, I really liked her at first, but the last few weeks she's been getting on my nerves more and more and last night it became clear that she's another personality that I wouldn't get along with. There is no one on the red team worth cheering for save Andre, and he's going to have to get really lucky to stick around for long with all that drama. Oh, and santa, everyone has to cheer for santa. =)

FatToFitWife
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I agree!! Conda is terrible .... And really Kim isn't much better. They are both ruining this season and I can only hope they get booted soon!!! They're just terribly rude, mean, just awful..

I'm liking the rest of them though :) Sad to see Nancy go!

Somni
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Andre made some mistakes (especially with picking inappropriate times to bring up things that are bound to cause more conflict) but I feel bad for the guy. They rag on him for being unprepared for being there, he tries to defend himself by saying how hard he's been working out, then they are peeved about his bragging, etc.

Expecting first week numbers out of the aqua team was unrealistic. They probably did some crazy dieting during those last few days before weigh-in in order to make sure they had the 50 they needed to get on the ranch. It's not quite the same as people coming in where they might be trying to get the highest starting weight they can manage, not working out at all, etc.

I know some editing may be in effect with the portrayal of Conda and all but you can't edit in stuff like snotty little eyerolls and trying to prevent someone from sitting in a perfectly empty seat. If I was on their team I'd be mad that SO much energy went into the drama. Not sure how she doesn't get punted.

ontarget
02-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Many weeks I've watched the episode twice. This week I just couldn't do it. I'm wondering if there's an alliance between Jeremy and Chism that carries over to Mark and Conda. Just wondering....

hotHealthy4life
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
^^Chism and Jeremy are only guys in the Black team if I'm not mistaking, so it's natural for them to bond. But Mark stood up against Conda, so I don't think they have alliance.

Ugh, I agree about Conda being obnoxious. Yes, producers edit the show to be more dramatic, but still....she said and did all those things. She needs to go home!

About the aqua team, not playing the game would be honorable and would make them look better in the eyes of their teammates. And yes, I think they threw the w-in.
I like the aqua guy. But he needs to talk back less and draw less atention to himself.

Someone mentioned that we say about every season that it was better than the next. My faves were deffinitely season 9 (Michael) and Olivia and Hannah

cherrypie
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I totally understand his reaction to being told to listen and not talk. He's not a child. And it's not fair to treat him like some interloper when the producers set it up that way

ontarget
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Now for another "guess" as to why Condra might still be there. Do any of you think the other contestants might be afraid to vote for her? What if they did and she didn't go home?

It may not show here but I've been making a huge attempt to be more positive about Condra. No more. She's running me away from the show and that's not acceptable. I want her to go home. I'm fed up with her.

pam920
02-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Hard to be positive about her when she is so mean.

I have a big mouth and if they told me to keep quiet, I would be livid. What right do they have to say whatever they feel and then tell him to keep quiet? They all went there expecting to be on the ranch and to be eliminated without even setting foot inside, that is just not right. They need to quit doing that. But, the aqua team sure earned their way back in, so suck it up and deal with it Conda and Kim.

maryshady
02-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Someone mentioned that we say about every season that it was better than the next. My faves were deffinitely season 9 (Michael) and Olivia and Hannah

Feel the same way. There are def seasons I have liked better. Loved the first two seasons, the one with Allie (remember how pissed everyone was when she came back?), Tara's season. And I loved Michael! Well actually both Michaels, the really big guy & the young one.

ontarget
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Remember the young man who weighed more than any previous contestant that got to come back for a second season? I wonder what has happened with him? Anyone know?

ringmaster
02-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Remember the young man who weighed more than any previous contestant that got to come back for a second season? I wonder what has happened with him? Anyone know?

he has a facebook page but it doesn't look active and a website that hasn't been updated since 09'. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Wright/186634302543?sk=wall I wonder if he's still dating the girl he met on the show.

cherrypie
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
what ever happened with Shae? don't know if I spelt that right. The woman who had so much to lose they brought her back for the next finale.

oh wow. Just went and answered my own question

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20420930,00.html

TooManyDimples
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
what ever happened with Shae? don't know if I spelt that right. The woman who had so much to lose they brought her back for the next finale.

oh wow. Just went and answered my own question

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20420930,00.html

That article is from May 2010 after she went back the next season for the finale. She has a facebook page and it looks like she's lost even more weight.

Italiannie
02-03-2012, 06:27 PM
That Shae (Shay?) is such a hero. She had to lose 100lbs before they even let her on the ranch.

Each season there are at least one or two people who tug at my heart strings - sometimes I really like everyone. I think last season was a very likable group. That is what inspires me - to see good people doing well, even when there's a little drama.

So far this year, I'm not feeling it. There are a couple that I like, but no one stands out. I used to stay stuck to the screen for BL, but this week I almost forgot to watch it.

Seems like the show has lost its way. We'll see what happens.

canadianwoman
02-03-2012, 06:33 PM
So far this year, I'm not feeling it. There are a couple that I like, but no one stands out.

I liked Gail but they sent her home.

ontarget
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I like Cassandra. They haven't shown much about here lately. Wish they would.

cherrypie
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
since it's become the Conda show it's hard to fit anyone else in

Italiannie
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
since it's become the Conda show it's hard to fit anyone else in

Exactly! I think the others are almost invisible. Too bad, because I'm sure there are some great stories in there, and no time has been given to them.

sapphiregirl
02-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Conda is absolutely ruining this season for me. Her personality is just the worst! Oh, and let me not forget to add in Kim (pink) with her nasty attitude last episode.

I don't have a favorite contestant but I like Buddy, Cassandra and Daphne at this point.

crazysonia
02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree. Conda has such a terrible selfish attitude. I wish she would go home. My favorite is Cassandra. I also like Daphne.

diary
02-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Watching tonight's episode right now.

AND I too cannot stand Conda! There is actually a facebook page titled: "Biggest Loser: I dislike Conda" with 759 likes. Guess we are not the only ones that cannot stand Conda.

Send Conda Home!

Ilene
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Slap me on the forehead, Conda has freakin' immunity! :frypan:

Ilene
02-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Adrian does talk too much and doesn't know when to shut up :yes:

sapphiregirl
02-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Yes, Adrian has a hard time listening and has a very polarizing personality but most of the red team was so hostile towards him since he got back to the ranch. Luckily for him, he'll more than likely be able to lose the weight at home since he lost fifty pounds before coming to the ranch.

Of course, Conda had to get immunity this week. Ugh.

After tonight, the only people I'm watching this show for are Dolvett and Daphne.

K9Owner
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Tonight was my first time to EVER watch BL. I disliked it for so many reasons, but the main one was that seeing people with 5,7,9,12,13 lb weight losses in a week is so unlikely to many people who try to live a healthier lifestyle & drop a few lbs. No wonder there are so many threads that fill our forums stating phrases like: " I'm so discouraged, I only lost 3 lbs this week" or "Help, please I've hit a plateau & I'm on the 2nd week of my plan!"

I realize the heavier a person is, the more likely they are to lose more weight in a week, & I'm not hating on them for their loss, but I found the show to portray unrealistic expectations.

pam920
02-07-2012, 11:52 PM
if Conda doesn't leave soon, I'm going to stop watching. She is the most spiteful, immature person they've ever had on that show. She has ruined this season for me.

Yes, Adrian doesn't know when to shut up, but they would have voted him out anyway. I was hoping he would have gotten immunity. They were not about to accept him onto the team. He was fighting a losing battle with that bunch. I don't think I like any of them on the red team. Well, I like Santa, but that is it.

trekkiegirl
02-08-2012, 01:44 AM

Daniel Wright and Rebecca Meyer are engaged. Judging from this photo in a newspaper last month, they've both gained weight. Rebecca, in particular, kind of stunned me:

http://globegazette.com/news/contestants-on-tv-show-visit-kaplan/article_344bfdb2-3daa-11e1-a61d-001871e3ce6c.html

Rebecca also did a BL DVD with the 3 trainers (Bob, Dolvett, Anna) along with fellow at-home winners Heba, Jim G and Bernie.

Jennifer 3FC
02-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Well I'm not surprised that Adrian went home. He did have a big mouth, but he also was never welcomed in to the group. I think if he had been a little more gracious when he came in, it would have been different for him. Between his boasting and the clique-ish ways of the team, he was doomed from the start. I figured Daphne was coming right along on the black team, but seeing the trailer for next week - I don't think it's going to go too smoothly next week! That's a shame, because she has worked really hard.

What did he say to Mark that made Conda gasp? I replayed it three times and I didn't understand. It was when Mark was voting for Adrian. It sounded like he said 'you passed' but that wasn't really gasp worthy!

sapphiregirl
02-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Adrian said, "Thank you, Mr. Youth Pastor", after Mark was getting on his case about 9 pounds not being enough weight loss the week and that being the reason for his vote.

MindiV
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
The whole red team had a "holier than thou" attitude toward Adrian. Poor guy never stood a chance, and was defensive from the start. His arguing got old, but he was doomed from the second he came back. They never respected that he worked his butt off to get there.

RayStar
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Well I'm not surprised that Adrian went home. He did have a big mouth, but he also was never welcomed in to the group. I think if he had been a little more gracious when he came in, it would have been different for him. Between his boasting and the clique-ish ways of the team, he was doomed from the start. I figured Daphne was coming right along on the black team, but seeing the trailer for next week - I don't think it's going to go too smoothly next week! That's a shame, because she has worked really hard.

What did he say to Mark that made Conda gasp? I replayed it three times and I didn't understand. It was when Mark was voting for Adrian. It sounded like he said 'you passed' but that wasn't really gasp worthy!

Are players supposed to lay down and be walked on by the others? These people looked at Adrian as an outsider. The first woman on the red team about 50 said something like he did not please her. I thought the players were in competition not there to satisfy anyone's ego. She is not the final judge in this contest. I don't know her name but I sure know who Conda is.

We, the viewers, probably miss so much that is not televised. I do believe there were some tense moments on the both teams because of the brother and sister returning.

cherrypie
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think Conda has some serious personal issues. But I'm kinda glad Aidan was gone. They were right, he didn't listen to anyone, not even Dolvett.

Though I got a good chuckle when Conda was telling him they didn't get along because he wouldn't take all the good advice she was giving him. :lol: bob really handled the issues better with his team.

smad11
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree that unfortunately Adrian wasn't really given a fair chance from the start... makes me wonder if the producer's would do this again.... I guess it depends on whether they think it makes good TV, regardless of the fact that it seemed to be unfair to Adrian. I do think there probably was a personality clash, but It seemed to me like from the get go they weren't open to accepting anyone new onto their team. They seem to have forgotten that at this stage its still very much a team effort, and like one of the guys said.. Adrian is a big guy and has lots of weight to loose... so I think it was a bad choice in the interest of the game and loosing weight, but I guess we'll have to see.

Agreed that Bob definitely did a better job of integrating the sister onto the Black team.

MindiV
02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah, Bob definitely worked Adrian's sister in better. Dolvett should have done the same thing...had everyone sit down and tell 'em look, you're a team so deal with it....etc.

I think this season they need some of the female-generated drama created by Kim and Conda...otherwise it'd be testosterone city with two male trainers!!

cherrypie
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
It amazed me how uninterested both teams seem to be in using the voting process to make their teams stronger.

MindiV
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It's all a high school "I don't like you" contest this season...

mommyandwifey
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
These contestants are so judgemental, they never even gave Adrian a chance! Conda is the most annoying of them all.

ontarget
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Ellie, Rebecca and Daniel have regained some weight, but they look happy, don't they. Thank you for sharing the link with us. I was wondering about them.

Bette k
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't like Conda and probibly never will but I'm begining to understand where she is coming from. She is an overweight girl from a small town, a single mother stuck in a dead end job who will probibly never get any further than she is now and then she got a chance on BL and is figuring she needs to get as much attention as possible so she might have a chance to get out of the hole that is her life. Having grown up in a small town and still living in the area I know how hard itis to get out of the slot you are put in as a child.

ennay
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I have to admit by the end of the episode I was praying they WOULD vote off Adrian.

cherrypie
02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for the witch. I've been looking around at the official message boards, the trainers facebook pages, and blogs there is almost no conversation about anything other than how much people hate her.

ontarget
02-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I've been seeing the same thing. I hope she learns from this experience.

I still felt sorry for Adrian even though I didn't think he handled himself right. I hope Daphne fairs better.

ringmaster
02-09-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm starting to feel sorry for the witch. I've been looking around at the official message boards, the trainers facebook pages, and blogs there is almost no conversation about anything other than how much people hate her.

I'm starting to feel bad for her also, especially if it is just the editing done to make it look worse than it is. Since she is probably at home by now and can read all the comments it's probably really hurtful... Is the finale after the show has aired? Hopefully she has a chance to show everyone a nicer side.

cherrypie
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
they don't get much of a chance to talk then.

Somni
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM

Yeah the show really seems to be milking it. Wasn't it the promo for this last episode where the announcer guy was all "Where drama goes, Conda follows!" (I didn't even think the 'drama' was as bad this week with Conda, her mild snarks about Adrian seemed tepid - though still petty and immature - compared to her drama from some of the previous weeks.) And now next week's preview is all about the confrontation after Adrian is punted.

Personally I find it a huge turnoff.

The deck was stacked against Adrian. Conda had a similarly disappointing weight loss and seems to have personality conflicts with multiple people, and if he had just chilled out, those facts might have been more evident to the team. Granted, his chance of staying was still slim, but he took his slim chance to no chance.

ontarget
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I am tired of the drama, too, and hope the producers will re edit future episodes to make them more positive. I don't like all the negativity.

MindiV
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
From the previews of this season shown forever ago, I think it's just a drama-filled season. I remember thinking from the initial previews that we've got a bunch of game players on our hands. Don't see it changing. I think this season they're catering to the "I want to see drama" bunch rather than the people who look to the show for inspiration.

cherrypie
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
anyone else notice in some of the on camera comment type sections Bob's beard was like 5X longer than it was during the rest of the show?

EofAZ
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
anyone else notice in some of the on camera comment type sections Bob's beard was like 5X longer than it was during the rest of the show?

So that is what I was noticing. All of a sudden I was thinking "gee his beard is really starting to grow out" but it didn't dawn on me that it was the contrast that made it jump out at me.

hotHealthy4life
02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
This last episode was... so tense. So filled with drama. Not at all inspirational, uplifting or positive except maybe a moment when Bob talked to black team about accepting Daphne.
I like the guys in red team. Roy's been keeping quiet, but Mark (or is it Mike?) and that other guy (Baddy?) were really reasonable and patient with Adrian, and tried to help him.
And Adrian just made a big drama when he was exiting - and it made me start disliking him. But I would've still rather seen Conda leaving than him.
I don't have any favorites on the black team either...
But I have to say, Roy's wife...she should be 40-something? Like 41 or 43... she looks so much older. I mean her face is smooth (wrinkless), but the gray and short hair really makes her look much older. I am not saying this to be mean, I just say it's a shame...she could be much more attractive.

ICUwishing
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I've watched multiple seasons, and lurked on this thread for a long time too. I watched the teaser for next week, and I'm so turned off that I don't think I'm going to watch the show at all. Like others have said, I watched for inspiration and motivation, not the cheap, cheesy drama that has saturated every other TV show. Seriously, was this TBL, or Jersey Shore (which I saw enough in 5 minutes to never watch again)? I know there's money at stake, and people will do stupid crap in public/on TV to get it ... but sheesh, a little dignity, please!!!!

canadianwoman
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
But I have to say, Roy's wife...she should be 40-something? Like 41 or 43... she looks so much older. I mean her face is smooth (wrinkless), but the gray and short hair really makes her look much older. I am not saying this to be mean, I just say it's a shame...she could be much more attractive.

Gray ages people. She would look younger with blonde hair. When I finally go fully gray, I plan to colour my hair a nice blonde. I'm currently a natural redhead (with a bit of gray hair running through it).

ontarget
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I am wondering if she's trying to look like Mrs. Claus.

cherrypie
02-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Gray ages people. She would look younger with blonde hair. When I finally go fully gray, I plan to colour my hair a nice blonde. I'm currently a natural redhead (with a bit of gray hair running through it).

redheads in my experience don't usually go gray. They just kind of fade to dark blond.

she's like 43 which is younger than me. I can't imagine being married to a man that old at my age.

Candeka
02-11-2012, 01:14 AM
redheads in my experience don't usually go gray. They just kind of fade to dark blond.

she's like 43 which is younger than me. I can't imagine being married to a man that old at my age.

I have a few red heads in my family (including myself, but I'm only 22 so no greys yet)... but all of the redheads seem to go white. Not grey. Straight up white. If that happens to me, I will use it to my advantage and be the grandma with the brightest purple hair on the block since I won't need to bleach it lol!

canadianwoman
02-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I am wondering if she's trying to look like Mrs. Claus.

I thought that myself after I hit the send button. :lol:

canadianwoman
02-11-2012, 01:20 AM
I have a few red heads in my family (including myself, but I'm only 22 so no greys yet)... but all of the redheads seem to go white. Not grey. Straight up white. If that happens to me, I will use it to my advantage and be the grandma with the brightest purple hair on the block since I won't need to bleach it lol!

Yes that is what my red hair is doing. Turning completely white. I just call it going grey even though they look silvery white.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Now that I've finally caught up on all of the episodes I missed (thank you NBC online!), I don't think Adrian did have a fair shot on the Red Team. He was thrust in there in the middle of everything, which does tend to shake things up a bit. The Red Team women didn't give him the warmest welcome. But in their defense, he didn't do anything to warrant a warm welcome. He was standoffish and snippy. His personality and Conda's just clashed from the beginning. I wasn't surprised in the least to see him voted off.

Conda...it's weird but I don't completely hate her. She's rude and blunt sometimes, but I prefer straight honesty to sugar coating everything. There are times where I find her bluntness refreshing. She's not worried about hurting people's feelings. She'll say what she feels. Now she doesn't always do that in the best way and it gets her in trouble sometimes. Like the time when Dolvett kicked her out of the gym....she deserved that. (And on a side note, he is WAY HOT!!!!! He can come train me anytime!!!!) I am hoping to see Conda learn to properly channel her frustrations and not lash out at people when she's frustrated at something or someone.

I think my favorite contestant so far is Cassandra. She's so nice and seems to be working so hard! I hope she goes all the way to the finals!

Italiannie
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
"Conda...it's weird but I don't completely hate her. She's rude and blunt sometimes, but I prefer straight honesty to sugar coating everything. There are times where I find her bluntness refreshing. She's not worried about hurting people's feelings. She'll say what she feels."

It's only refreshing when you extend the same courtesy to others. Otherwise it's just rude and hypocritical. She always complains about being insulted and "disrespected" so she clearly doesn't want anyone else to express their opinions. Adrian was told to "talk less." I don't think he handled things well, but he didn't have a chance. I don't find Conda refreshing, she appears to be quite immature (at least in TV land).

As the old saying goes "if you can't take it, don't dish it out."

We'll see who her next victim is, she always seems to need to need to bring someone down.

I don't hate her, either, all the bickering is just ruining the show for me. Don't know what the producers are doing. Unless I can find someone to cheer for soon, I'm done. I do like Cassandra best so far.

ennay
02-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I like Mrs. Claus' hair. I really like white white. Now my hair as it grays will be nasty faded sliver. Sigh. I would love my hair to go white instead of grey.

I actually think white white on women who are too young to be that grey makes them look ...I dunno if younger is the right word. Elegant. And when they have the young face with the white hair it becomes impossible to place their age at all. Are they young with white hair or old with a young face. Plus it goes with her skin tone. You have to be careful with blonde, sometimes it clashes.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I agree, Ennay. I like her hair too. She's a very pretty lady and she seems genuinely sweet too.

ddc
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm glad to see a fellow 40-something yr old wearing her gray hair on tv.
I prefer to call mine 'platinum' though instead of gray :)

Ilene
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm glad to see a fellow 40-something yr old wearing her gray hair on tv.
I prefer to call mine 'platinum' though instead of gray :)I am «platnum» too (I like that term) ... I sure to hope that they don't die it, if and when, she makes it to makeover week...

ennay
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I am «platnum» too (I like that term) ... I sure to hope that they don't die it, if and when, she makes it to makeover week...

My dad used to use a product to make white hair whiter and more radiant. I would go for that for her. It removed traces of grey and yellowing and just left shiny white.

Ilene
02-14-2012, 09:29 AM
My dad used to use a product to make white hair whiter and more radiant. I would go for that for her. It removed traces of grey and yellowing and just left shiny white.Oh that must be so nice! I wish mine were whiter, I love white hair on a young-ish woman, my GF has pure white hair, she looks amazing...

ddc
02-15-2012, 10:30 AM
So, I was thinking they should have sent Kimmie home. I think she's the smallest on the red team now.
I didn't notice that Santa seemed that 'disconnected' from the group. I know we don't get the whole picture though.
Previews from next week looks like more Conda/Daphne drama.

MindiV
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
The previews make it look like they all throw the weigh-in to send Daphne home. But we all know previews can be deceiving...

Bunch of game players this season for sure.

cherrypie
02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
can't believe they didn't send conda home after they gave her a 2 pound advantage and she still lost it for them.

NEMom
02-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I love Dolvett and love it when his team wins but I was so happy that Conda lost that weigh in. Even after her emotional breakdown, I still do NOT like her. I hope she goes soon!

pam920
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Last nights program did not change my opinion of Conda. Still don't like her. I think Roy had a pretty good loss. I'm disliking Mark more and more each week. He is always complaining about how much this one and that one lost. His numbers are not that great. I thought they would boot Kimmy too. Previews for next week.......I was totally confused. I didn't even rewind it. I'm really getting tired of the drama this season.

At the WI, i was thinking the black team was purposely throwing it, to get rid of Daphne, but when they won, I changed my mind. But, if they throw it next week, to vote her out, I'm done. I watched to get inspiration and motivation. I am not getting any of that this season. It's turned into a circus.

Skittlez
02-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I really want to like the red team. I love Dolvett, he seems like a really great guy. But I don't like most of the players on the red team this season. I HATE Conda, she's such a terrible person. I honestly don't care that she's a single mother blah blah blah, plenty of people have a hard life and don't turn into witches like that. That's no excuse for how rude and immature she is. I can't wait to see her go. Despite wanting to like the red team I couldn't help but cheer when the black team beat them this last show. The Aqua team may not be perfect, but I don't think Adrian got a fair chance. It's kind of sad how unsupportive his team was. He might have stuck his foot into his mouth a few times but he didn't deserve to go out like that. It made me think though that there's hardly any black people on the show. I've only watched it a couple seasons but I can only remember a few. I wonder if that's an issue of not very many trying out or something else... just seems weird to me.

ennay
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
can't believe they didn't send conda home after they gave her a 2 pound advantage and she still lost it for them.

Really? She lost 10 freaking pounds. If they had voted her off I would have been thoroughly disgusted. Pretty disgusted anyway with the way they treated Ron. He's not part of the team not because he doesnt workout with them but because he doesnt lower himself to join in the gang up on whoever they are against. He doesnt play by the rules.

I actually like Mark the least now. Conda may have bad attitude but at least it is out there in all its glory. She doesnt have the ability to censor herself enough to engage in gameplay. Mark on the other hand does this very calm distraction technique and seems to get people to follow him because he keeps the drama down. He likes to use false logic and misdirection, but I think he is the most dangerous game player there.

I dont think next weeks thing has anything to do with sending Daphne home, although I thought the team didnt celebrate her victory enough. My guess is someone at the ranch - probably Chris - wants to go home and the team threw the weigh in for her.

Skittelz - I've noticed that before. Not only that there arent very many but that disproportionately they go home in the first week or two.

ontarget
02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm still ready for Conda to go home, too.

Lyla
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Something that actually shows that Conda like that in her real life, even their family said that. When Dolvett was asking her mother ans sister about her and he said that she show a lot of attitude, her sister said "That's Conda".

I love Dolvett's trainnings, but i really hate Dolvett's team. The only one i liked was Roy.

maryshady
02-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I agree. Really can't stand the red team. They are all so toxic. Probably was best for Roy to get out of there. Hope they go to singles soon. Hopefully they will get picked off one at a time. Agreed about Mark. He is so arrogant. I can't stand when he talks. I really hate their eliminations too. Instead of saying they are sorry but they have to pick someone, they always get their holier than thou speeches out to belittle the person (whom they supposedly love) they are sending home. Ugh!

So tired of the drama too! Remember previous seasons when they really considered who needed to stay because their life was in danger. There was always some drama or one biotch but for the most part the people were kind and caring. I keep thinking to myself of all the people who try out, these are the group you came up with. Shame on the producers for wanting the quality of this show to diminish into reality crap. I have watched since the beginning but if this continue I don't think I will continue to.

smad11
02-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Agreed with all of the comments above..... Nothing the red team does seems to make sense....

Candeka
02-21-2012, 02:11 AM
I watched all of season 10 last week (Yes, no life here!) and I cried almost every episode. It was so heart warming seeing them try to help each other and how Ada gave the car to Patrick since he had kids. That's what I loved about the biggest loser. This season I have not felt any of those feelings. In fact, I've actually felt the complete opposite. I WANT to turn off the tv when watching it because its just so toxic.

Jan2012
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I really think they are keeping Conda because it is a show but there's too much mean drama. I hate her attitude and I thought she spat on Cassandra's sandwich a while back after she lost a bet and had to buy her lunch. Jeremy didn't want to step out at a competition I thought he wanted to lose for the team to give Conda her 2 lbs advantage or maybe I am scrutinizing all this! Lol

I got sad after they voted off Santa, he lost a high number too

Jennifer 3FC
02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think she's kept because it's a show, since the other players are the ones voting, but I do think they put her all over the screen and right in our face because of the drama! I just don't understand why the team members are complaining about the way she is acting. Even the grandma didn't call her out. Does she intimidate the others? I think she'll be dropped soon. Ok, I don't think it but I do hope it, lol. I think this week's drama will be Chris being upset because they sent Roy home. She's not going to handle it well without his support.

Jennifer 3FC
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh, and I agree totally about Mark! He was a nice guy at the start - but when Adrian joined the team, he just went on. too. much. He was ridiculous. They all were, except for Roy and Grandma. I'm watching old episodes of TBL and in season 3 they brought back two members about half way through, and they were treated awful as well. Not as bad as Adrian! But they just weren't welcome. It's sad! (yet I watch it anyway lol)

HealthyMeWannabe
02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh. My Goodness! :eek: What a surprising episode tonight! I can't believe that the black team threw the weigh in. :rolleyes: So childish! They have lost sight of why they are there in the first place.

shawnamadonna1013
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM
I watched all of season 10 last week (Yes, no life here!) and I cried almost every episode. It was so heart warming seeing them try to help each other and how Ada gave the car to Patrick since he had kids. That's what I loved about the biggest loser. This season I have not felt any of those feelings. In fact, I've actually felt the complete opposite. I WANT to turn off the tv when watching it because its just so toxic.

Completely agree. I cried every episode with Courtney, Marci, Hannah, Olivia, etc. Now I don't really like any of them. I was rooting for Daphne. I don't blame her for what she did. Conda makes me angry and I can't stand Mark either. I don't think I want to watch until Conda goes home. She does not put me in a good place. I don't allow drama like that into my life and I really have no desire to watch it.

shawnamadonna1013
02-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Now that I've discovered Biggest Loser on netflix I really am boycotting. Hope they smarten up soon and send the witch home.

pam920
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Daphne did not stand a chance. I don't like any of those people. They all seem like mean, uncaring people. It's just a game to them. They are not serious about losing and keeping the weight off and i bet most of them gain it back after the show.

I'm so sick of Conda. She stirs up the drama and then blames it on Daphne. I can't wait until they have to start picking each other off. She and her brother are big babies. i hope they all go home next week and stay there.

Then Dolvett had the nerve to blame Daphne for the drama. Can't he see that both teams were against Daphne and she was going home. This group, both red and black teams, are the most mean-spirited of any season. It seems to get worse each year.

I'm pretty much done watching as this is not the type of program that motivates me. I only makes me angry.

Lyla
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
This is from Bob Blog (date feb 2)

I will say that I do want to see more of the inspiration and the motivation on our show this season, rather than all of us getting nasty at times so if you feel the same please write back to me or go onto the Biggest Loser website and make your voices heard. There is power in words especially when there is action behind the words.

Even they notice the lack of motivation this season has. :S

shcirerf
02-22-2012, 01:43 AM
I know, I've never posted in this thread before, but here goes.

This is the worst season I've ever seen.

Conda, needs to go home. Drama Queen! Daphne and her brother, I tried to like them, but they came in with such a big chip on their shoulders, there was no way to over come it.

For a season of "No excuses" I see mostly a season of whining and blame.

There is no one person that is taking the lead and focusing.

I hope that soon, someone, sucks it up, puts on their big girl/boy panties and gets with it!

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 03:33 AM
hopefully now that conda has no scapegoats left it will be obvious to everyone that she is the problem

Italiannie
02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Daphne would have been sent home regardless of what she did. I don't think her and Adrian handled themselves well, but they didn't have a chance. Who needs that kind of abuse?

I don't care for anyone this year. Weightloss and inspiration seem to be on the back burner. It's more like the Jerry Springer show.

I'm done. I simply don't care about any of these people, or their weight loss journey.

Maybe I'll be back next season.

Too bad, I always looked forward to Tuesday nights.

safyre
02-22-2012, 10:21 AM
I think Daphne brought it upon herself. I think she had already decided to go home so she didn't really care what happened. I tried to like them too, but wow, it just wasn't going to happen. She said she made the change so she wouldn't lose Bob? I don't buy that. I think she was trying to set up Conda and it backfired horribly. When she went home, didn't she say seeing her brother gave her closure over the entire situation? Where did that so called closure go? The best way to 'honor' her brother would have been to stay, win challenges, lose the weight & succeed. Instead she chose the high school route and in the end came out no better than Conda. She sealed her own fate and I, for one, will not miss her.

SanityNow
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Last night's BL was pathetic. All the Black Team blaming external factors for their weight gain/poor numbers when they really made a decision to 'throw the game'. Real immature.

I'm not a huge BL fan, because it's such an artificial environment but I thought there was a big lesson in there for me : I am totally in control over what I do/don't do for my health.

sandcar150
02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Italianne, I would be so right there with you if my mom and sister didn't look forward to the three of us getting together each week to watch BL. I told them both as we were watching that I really hate all that drama and if we didn't get together at my sister's house every Tuesday to watch it, I'd probably just DVR it and skip ahead to the weigh in. LOL

This season has been the most aggitating one for me. I liked it so much better years ago at the start when the focus was on the contestants and getting motivated and healthy. Now the show seems to be concentrating more and more on the trainers and they seem to be picking people that they know will cause some drama just to boost the show's ratings.

Jennifer 3FC
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Wow, I was totally wrong in my prediction! I thought Chris would be the drama, of dealing without Roy, but they didn't even mention it. She actually seems stronger.

Conda and Daphne - I was hoping they'd start throwing fists and both get sent home! I agree about the drama. It was sleazy and I was embarrassed to be watching it. This show can do so much GOOD, but I agree, it's starting to look like Springer. But we can't blame it all on Conda. NBC chooses what to put in the final cut. They could be a little classier about it. I'm glad to hear about Bob's post!

smad11
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree with you SanityNow, I thought the part of the show where they talked about control was great.... same with the idea that a lack of self-control is an excuse... doesn't make it any easier to "get self-control" but I think it's better to look at it as something you can change rather than just "how you are"....

I agree that Daphne made a mistake with the switch, I understand somewhat why she did it... she was pissed off at Conda and so she took revenge... that's all it was... I thought it was so sad to watch all the black players go up on the scale and then lie about the small amount of weight they lost.... it was so obvious they aren't actors but real people because they definitely were terrible liars... I thought that when Cassandra (I think it was Cassandra) said that she felt terrible for agreeing to go with Conda's plan that maybe that would give her and the others some insight into the fact that Conda is directing everything... and a lot of the drama in the house stems from her... she wouldn't even shut up at the elimination. To me it made no sense to throw the weigh-in... I think they would have been much better off all trying their hardest to be the biggest looser, and then just vote Daphne off that way, if they really wanted Daphne off. Odds were anyway that Daphne wouldn't have a big weight loss after the loss she had last week... so one of the rest of them should have easily been able to beat her.

Anyway... I also wonder why the weight doesn't seem to be melting of the younger guys that have a lot to loose... just seems to be coming off so slowly... Maybe Conda will be gone next week... fingers crossed....

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
it's a shame really. I thought it was a great theme this season and some of the weekly themes have really resonated with me but they hardly get mentioned in between all the drama.

ontarget
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I noticed Cassandra's mentioning that the throw in was Conda's idea, too. I am hoping the contestants start to "see" what Conda's doing to them. She's very good at manipulation.

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 06:18 PM
ooooh this is posted on the tmz website this afternoon

There's a big, fat problem on the set of "The Biggest Loser" -- TMZ has learned nearly all of the remaining contestants have walked off the show and are threatening to quit after learning about a secret "twist" that could seriously affect their shot at the $250,000 grand prize.

Multiple sources connected with the show tell us ... the mutiny took place this week ... when the losers got word that producers were considering bringing back previous contestants to compete for the grand prize.

We're told most of the current contestants were pissed -- feeling it was unfair that prior losers would get a second bite at the apple ... so they banded together and decided to protest by walking off the show in the middle of shooting an episode.

Sources tell us ... show honchos have shut down production for at least a week while they figure out how to handle the situation.

Italiannie
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I saw that too.

Well, if most of the current players go home and they bring back some of the eliminated ones, I may tune back in. They have to get control over this show. I want inspirational stories and a positive experience.

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 06:31 PM
looks like the drama doesn't subside. Wonder if viewer backlash has anything to do with the decision. And really, haven't people watched the show? producers are always trying to throw weird twists in to shake things up. What they should do is let all the remaining contestants walk right off the show and bring people back who actually are there to lose weight and not to create drama.

sapphiregirl
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
The BL execs need to see this group as a failure, as far as personalities go and do better. There is not a single person on the ranch right now that I can root for and even the coaches are getting on my nerves.

I need for Daphne to win the at home prize. As for everyone else, don't care. At all.

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
I like cassandra. But to be honest, I don't know a couple of them at all. They have barely had any screen time.

pam920
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I bet Conda was leading them all to walk off, along with her cohort Kim. I say go....bring back the ones that are really serious. They picked off the older ones and I really believe they want to get healthy. Just a game to the younger ones.

Candeka
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I liked Megan and Cassandra... Until I saw how they acted last night when they were on the scale and their numbers purposely sucked. Now I am rooting for Chris. She even kept her promise to Daphne when she knew she would have to go against her entire team.

Ilene
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I liked Megan and Cassandra... Until I saw how they acted last night when they were on the scale and their numbers purposely sucked. Now I am rooting for Chris. She even kept her promise to Daphne when she knew she would have to go against her entire team.

I completely agree with you !! I like Chris too and thought she had more guts than the others when she didn't vote for Daphne... For the life of me I cannot understand how they can't see through Conda ....

And why didn't Daphne make a huge, HUGE effort to lose 5+ lbs last night :shrug: ?? and not get voted off, at least for this week...

cherrypie
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I completely agree with you !! I like Chris too and thought she had more guts than the others when she didn't vote for Daphne... For the life of me I cannot understand how they can't see through Conda ....

And why didn't Daphne make a huge, HUGE effort to lose 5+ lbs last night :shrug: ?? and not get voted off, at least for this week...

I think she did it deliberately to go home and get out of that house

Ilene
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I think she did it deliberately to go home and get out of that houseProbably, it's a very toxic environment...

ontarget
02-22-2012, 08:28 PM
This is interesting about folks walking off the show. Didn't they sign contracts? Sounds Condaish to me.....

pam920
02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Sandra, love your word.....Condaish

Chris keeping her word and not playing their silly game to throw the WI goes to show how much more mature she is than these other gals.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I loved that Chris kept her word to Daphne and worked hard to have a good week. I hope she wins it. She's the least dramatic of everyone on the ranch.

If Conda does get voted off, do you think the drama will ease up or will Jeremy flip out and be all Drama King because his sister got the boot?

ontarget
02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I was surprised how he reacted last night. He did adapt well, though. Don't know how he'll react to Conda's being gone. Surely he knows how she is. But blood is thick.

maryshady
02-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Agree with everyone. Used to really like Cassandra but once I saw she could also be manipulated by someone so childish I lost all respect for her. At least the blonde on the black team realized what she had done and stated she would never let Conda manipulate her feelings again.

I say let this season be a wash. Let those whiny brats walk off. Get the ones back who have been eliminated or just cancel the rest of the season. At this rate they are losing many long time faithful viewers anyway. Remember that Ali Vincent (1st woman biggest loser) was eliminated and then came back to win it all. This is not a new twist and if you have ever watched the show you would know these things happen every season. But isn't it just like this bunch to think they are entitled to the show/game to be played the way they want it?

I am with Sapphire in that I hope Daphne wins the at home prize. I liked her. I know she added to the drama but she did not start it and I liked that she didn't back down from the Evil One. I don't blame her for purposefully gaining weight to get out of there. She did so great at home before she even got there.

Was suprised at Dolvette's reaction too! First of all I think he could have put a stop to it right from the beginning. Could you imagine if Jillian would have been the red team trainer this season. I really don't think that sort of crap would have been tolerated at all from her. She would have called Conda out instead of ignoring it and letting it fester.

Also agree about Chris. She is really doing well too if you think about her %'s in weight loss this past couple of weeks. She is the smallest there and she has been consistently losing 4 or 5 lbs a week.