The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Season 13!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

View Full Version : Season 13!

PopcornGal
04-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I couldn't wait to check in here this morning even though I don't normally post. I agree with so many of your comments -

I can't get over all of their reasoning that it is about morals. Really? What morals? You signed a contract and agreed to all of it. Not to mention that they do it every. single. season.

Why do these contestants think they are so special compared to all the seasons before? This group acts so entitled it makes me sick. It hasn't been this bad since Heba of Season 5 and she paid the price when America voted her out of the finals.

Some of the people who went home got sent home because they were a threat ...

These remaining contestants were talking about the "lack of morals" of the show but wouldn't that be a better term to describe their own actions every time they sent home a hard working individual who was showing results. That isn't any more fair to those people who don't have an alliance but are just working hard to lose weight. The show probably put the chance to return in to even the playing field and eliminate some of the impact of game play.

.... also a little sad at who left and who stayed.

I agree, I thought for sure that Mark and Buddy would be more sensible. But that lack of thought made me feel they don't deserve to be there.

And what about Mark's son? Didn't Mark want Chism to have a chance to get back in? Weird!

I was wondering that too. Mark seems like one of those people who always goes with his initial response and will "stand up for it" even when it doesn't make sense because he would rather cut off his nose to spite his face than admit he might be wrong.

Then that whole comment [Conda] made about how Kim didn't deserve to be there.

Conda was the second laziest person in this group of contestants the whole way through - only second to Megan. She certainly doesn't deserve to be there instead of her brother who fell on the sword several times to keep her in. But Kim makes Jeremy look like a slug. If Jeremy really deserves to be there then he will have no problem winning the at home prize.

Kim is in the finals. However, I'd love to know how she lost so much weight being she is practically at her goal weight. I'm going to have to guess she must have dehydrated herself or something

I was thinking the same thing. Whatever she did couldn't be healthy but at least she fought to stay in.

Does anyone else think that Buddy and Mark are idiots for leaving from a purely financial standpoint? Even if they don't agree with the show's rules don't they owe it to their family after being gone for four months to try to relieve some of the ecomomic hardship their absence must have caused?

I would love to hear others opinions on that.

ringmaster
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
it probably was a 2 week weigh in. I'm not sure if Kim can pull off winning now, according to her wiki her weight when wrestling was 140... so she only has 7 pounds to go... usually they need a 50% loss to win. Conda could win if she steps it up a bit.
It really wouldn't be fair now if Jeremy wins himself back on after all the complaining and wanting to walk off. Hopefully whoever gets back on is someone who can pull this season up and wins.

And what about Mark's son? Didn't Mark want Chism to have a chance to get back in? Weird!

I thought that was weird too... and Buddy's friend has a chance to come back, they should of been happy and stayed to motivate them :?:

selway
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Does anyone else think that Buddy and Mark are idiots for leaving from a purely financial standpoint? Even if they don't agree with the show's rules don't they owe it to their family after being gone for four months to try to relieve some of the ecomomic hardship their absence must have caused?

I would love to hear others opinions on that.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts excatly. If my husband came home and told me that he quit after a temper tantrum over an issue that had been clearly explained from day one and forfeited the chance of the $250,000 (and extra benefits from winning - I'm sure they get paid for guest appearances, etc.), I would kill him. Yes, I'd be happy at the weight loss - but you were in the final five and QUIT over NOTHING? My feelings were good riddance to Mark and Buddy. If they are that much of sore sports then I don't want to see them win anyway. Seriously, grow up.

Kim was a professional wrestler so probably knows all of the tricks for making weight. I don't mean to undervalue her accomplishment, but 15 lbs at her weight is suspicious.

Ilene
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
These remaining contestants were talking about the "lack of morals" of the show but wouldn't that be a better term to describe their own actions every time they sent home a hard working individual who was showing results. Ok, I understand the «moral» part now :doh: me... And I agree about their own actions re: the hard working indivicuals who were sent home....

I agreee!! Geez, I just kept thinking how childish they were :rolleyes: and letting go of all that $$ ...

Now, are they allowed to come back to compete? Or because of breaking their contract they are not allowed... I can't remember if the lawyer or producers mentionned this last night... I would love to re-watch it but can't because I'm in Canada, unless someone can direct me to some site where I can watch it...

Exhale15
04-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I gave in and watched yesterday's episode. What a bunch! Ungrateful, childish nonsense. Plus, I'm reminded of all of the 'elimination' sessions where they all cried and hugged and went on and on about how they LOVED and cherished the people who were voted off (ha!), '...you're like a mother/daughter/son to me...'; '...you are so deserving to be here, I know you'll succeed' How soon we forget. What a soap opera this has become. And please enough with the promotions.....ugh.

But, even if this was 2-weeks worth of work...15 pounds? Weird.

mariposssa
04-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Yep. It has crossed my mind on many occasions that Biggest Loser fudges the scales to skew the results. But, the results have rarely been as dubious as last night's weigh in. The weigh in that they show on TV isn't even the real weigh in. They are weighed earlier in the day, so that they can plan what order to show people weighing in and capitalize on the dramatic effect. I have heard that this was longer than one week. Even so, losing 15lbs at the end of the season when you are as tiny as Kim is now...it is really hard to believe.

ennay
04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I swear if I was Buddy's wife and he had left me at home alone with a brand new baby for 4 freaking months and then threw it away by throwing a temper tantrum I would kick his derriere from here to **** and back.

Exhale15
04-18-2012, 06:40 PM
If I made to that stage of BL, I would be so working on making sure I had my ducks in a row so I would be 100% solid in my habits, backup support plans, etc when I got home. But these guys were really acting like prima donnas. And why do they need another 'present' for encouragement? I know the sponsors need to get in their stuff, but ... really?

cherrypie
04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I gave in and watched yesterday's episode. What a bunch! Ungrateful, childish nonsense. Plus, I'm reminded of all of the 'elimination' sessions where they all cried and hugged and went on and on about how they LOVED and cherished the people who were voted off (ha!), '...you're like a mother/daughter/son to me...'; '...you are so deserving to be here, I know you'll succeed' How soon we forget. What a soap opera this has become. And please enough with the promotions.....ugh.

good point. How did they turn from these wonderfull people into people who were losers?

kellie105
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I couldnt believe the fit that these people threw, like PP said these people that could come back were their friends and family members....its just sick that they had a tantrum over a game. I was embarrased to even watch and dont know if I can stomach another season like this one.

Somni
04-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Wish they just would have replaced them all with eliminated contestants. I got annoyed listening to them imply that the folks at home were less worthy (even if they secretly realized the threat of those folks), when stuff like immunity, cliques, timing, being a 'threat,' etc all could be a factor in the voting. It's a game, not a contest, and everyone left there ought to have been very aware of that.

Btw sorry if this has been linked before but link to their mini Tough Mudder challenge: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/tough-mudder-challenge/1397049

ennay
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Besides the fact that all they had to do to keep the eliminated player out I think was to beat them in the challenge.

ennay
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Wish they just would have replaced them all with eliminated contestants. I got annoyed listening to them imply that the folks at home were less worthy (even if they secretly realized the threat of those folks), when stuff like immunity, cliques, timing, being a 'threat,' etc all could be a factor in the voting. It's a game, not a contest, and everyone left there ought to have been very aware of that.

Btw sorry if this has been linked before but link to their mini Tough Mudder challenge: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/tough-mudder-challenge/1397049

Wait. So lemme get this straight, instead of watching the challenge we had to sit through 40 minutes of whiny drama? They thought that would make better TV?

Candeka
04-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Can someone tell me how the tough mudder challenge went? Since I am in Canada, I am unable to watch the video of it on the website.

ennay
04-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Can someone tell me how the tough mudder challenge went? Since I am in Canada, I am unable to watch the video of it on the website.

Olivia, John and Patrick (Season 11, 12, 10 winners) came back to run it with them. If all made it through in 20 minutes they win $5K each (well at least the contestants)

Puddle. Big *** hill. Kim breezes through, Jeremy falls on his ***
Balance beam across pond. Olivia and John cross easily, Kim goes slow. Jeremy and conda fall over and over and over.
Tunnels underground. Jeremy freaks that he is still too fat to fit through but eventually sucks it up. Patrick opines that Jeremy hasnt realized yet that he isnt 400 lbs anymore
Obstacle course of logs to go over and under. Kim talks about how much fun she is having. Except for the running part.
Daisy chain of big water filled ditches that apparently you should be able to jump across, Conda backs up and takes a big running start, stops at the edge and hops into the ditch. Gives up on jumping and just jumps in each one. Kim and Olivia give up on the whole team thing with 1 minute to go and run ahead, each talking about how privileged they are to be running with the other.

Big big big hill to a platform. At this point everyone must know 20 minutes has come and gone. Climb to platform and have to jump about 20 feet into a fluorescent green pond. What they used to turn it green would scare me more than the jump. Swim out, run up to the finish. End in 28:XX way out of the money. But they did it. They are victorious. Just finishing is a victory. Never could have done it 16 weeks ago. (seriously they need new script writers for the contestants editorial statements)

cherrypie
04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
thanks for the recap lol

wonder how that translates into Jeremy deserving to win more than Kim?

cherrypie
04-19-2012, 02:36 AM
interesting article

http://matthewmcnutt.com/?p=3780

and another

http://www.realitynation.com/tv-shows/biggest-loser/season-13-walkout-episode-spoilers/

ringmaster
04-19-2012, 04:05 AM

nice to see John is staying in shape.. I know some people didn't like his game playing when he was on, and I thought he was just on for the money and would regain.

don't know why they didn't show the challenge, they could of kept the drama in too if they didn't have to have that long car commercial and have conda pulling it.

ennay
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I did not realize the production company had changed - this is bad news, if this season is representative of the slant the new company takes.

Fiyah
04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
I would love to re-watch it but can't because I'm in Canada, unless someone can direct me to some site where I can watch it...

try this site... http://www.hulu.com/watch/351123/the-biggest-loser-week-16#s-p1-so-i0

Candeka
04-19-2012, 12:56 PM
try this site... http://www.hulu.com/watch/351123/the-biggest-loser-week-16#s-p1-so-i0

It won't let me watch it either. It also says its only streamed within the USA.. They just hate us Canadians lol. Thanks tho!

Ilene
04-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Yea, I can't access that site either :(

Candeka
04-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Yea, I can't access that site either :(

It's pretty stupid. They have a huge Canadian fan base. We should be able to watch the clips as well.

cherrypie
04-19-2012, 02:07 PM
ran accross a screen shot of the returning players

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r244/victoriabarkley/Biggest%20Loser/bl13returning.jpg

Front row, left to right: Dolvett, Kimmy, Megan, Jeremy, Nancy, Cassandra, Emily, Chism, Bob's head.
Back row: Santa Roy, Chris, Mike, Daphne, Adrian, Ben (Buddy's brother), Lauren, Gail.

ddc
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Was there another royal blue person? I only see one in the photo.
I don't even remember the yellow couple. Were they the first to go?

ennay
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
The other royal blue person was the one who left in the middle of a week. If you quit you dont get to come back.

Oh I remember the yellow team. I was really glad when Gail left. She was rather sloth-like and whiny.

ddc
04-19-2012, 03:03 PM
So, they had three quitters this year. wow. I'd forgotten about the other blue guy.

cherrypie
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I really want the returning player to win

Exhale15
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Yayy! New season starts tonight :)

Such high hopes we had :(

pam920
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by FatToFitWife
Yayy! New season starts tonight

Yayy! This season is almost over...........just saying :cp:

Exhale15
04-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, this was not what I expected. Were it not for Dovett, who is so inspirational, I wouldn't watch....

Better luck next season (?) :)

Candeka
04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Maybe its because I've only watched previous seasons on and off (the only season I watched every episode of was season 10, and I just watched that online 2 months ago)... but I've actually enjoyed this season. I did hate the first part of it, but after they started trying to make it more for the inspirational parts as opposed to the drama parts, I've come to enjoy it. But again, that could be that this is the first season that I've fully committed to watching it from beginning to end.

ontarget
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I must be enjoying this season. I keep looking forward to watching it every week.

canadianwoman
04-20-2012, 10:51 PM
It won't let me watch it either. It also says its only streamed within the USA.. They just hate us Canadians lol. Thanks tho!

City tv is showing the episodes to us Canadians.

http://video.citytv.com/video/detail/1567388270001.000000/week-sixteen/

canadianwoman
04-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by FatToFitWife
Yayy! New season starts tonight

Yayy! This season is almost over...........just saying :cp:

Thank good ness. I am watching Episode 16 where Mark and Buddy just got into the van to leave and for some reason I could see Conda written all over that.

I sure do not want her or Jeremy to win. Kim I don't care either way. I just want this season to be done.

ennay
04-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Thank good ness. I am watching Episode 16 where Mark and Buddy just got into the van to leave and for some reason I could see Conda written all over that.

I sure do not want her or Jeremy to win. Kim I don't care either way. I just want this season to be done.

But if the change in style (drama *****y) is due to the change in production company then I think the show is just....done. at least for me.

StraitLover
04-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I really want the returning player to win

Not if it's Jeremy! Like that will happen. :dizzy:

mariposssa
04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm definitely hoping the Comeback Kid takes it all...as long as Jeremy isn't the one who comes back, that is.

Cyndiem
04-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I did not know the production team was different that does explain a lot!! For a season of no excuses these people got plenty of them!!

I really don't like any of the final 3,, Kim stirred the pot a lot with Conda she just comes off as really fake to me.

I think Buddy left because Mark left it was a good excuse for him.. My favorite line in the whole show Buddy says "just because I'm quitting the show doesn't mean I'm a quitter" ok then

Mark wow I think he thinks he's all that and he doesn't need to stay any longer, which is sad for his son who seems like he's a good kid..

Anyway so looking forward to season 14 LOL

ringmaster
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
ha... I hope it's not Jermey, judging how he usually had a "I don't care attitude" or "just let Conda win" in past challenges I don't think he will make it back. At the very least, maybe there will be 2 finalist where people call in to vote who they want back on like they did on past seasons.

MapleLeaf
04-22-2012, 11:22 AM
I hope Emily makes it back and wins the whole thing. I'd also be happy if Kim won it. I'm throwing something at the tv if Conda wins though!

jmfan317
04-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I can't wait for next season hopefully it will be less drama then this season. It was ridiculous. I'm enjoyin the old seasons on Halogen tv. They are playin season 3 with Kim. Can't wait til they air season 4 so I can get my Jillian fix. Bob n Jillian were the best 2gether. I'm happy Dolvett and Bob are on this season 2gether. I cudn't see them havin ne other trainer with Bob unless it was Jillian

canadianwoman
04-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope Emily makes it back and wins the whole thing.

That would be awesome!!!! :)

canadianwoman
04-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I can't wait for next season hopefully it will be less drama then this season. It was ridiculous. I'm enjoyin the old seasons on Halogen tv. They are playin season 3 with Kim. Can't wait til they air season 4 so I can get my Jillian fix. Bob n Jillian were the best 2gether. I'm happy Dolvett and Bob are on this season 2gether. I cudn't see them havin ne other trainer with Bob unless it was Jillian

Did you know that Jillian Michaels used to be a member of this forum and frequently mentions this forum as the best for weight loss support.

ontarget
04-22-2012, 04:24 PM
It would be good if Jillian came back here. Maybe she will when we have a more positive season. (I'm talking about the show being negative, not us.)

ringmaster
04-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Did you know that Jillian Michaels used to be a member of this forum and frequently mentions this forum as the best for weight loss support.

I first found out about this forum when she mentioned it on her old radio show!

ontarget
04-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Kewl!

jmfan317
04-22-2012, 06:30 PM

No I had no idea. I'm sure if she was still a member here all heck wud break lose.

canadianwoman
04-23-2012, 02:05 AM
I first found out about this forum when she mentioned it on her old radio show!

I already knew about 3FC but when I heard Jillian mention it in her radio show I was surprised. Then I did a search for her posts. That was how I found she was a member here but by the time I had found out she was long gone yet her posts remained. I just did a search for them but could not find them so I guess they are gone from the database by now. It has been a while.

canadianwoman
04-23-2012, 02:06 AM
No I had no idea. I'm sure if she was still a member here all heck wud break lose.

She has her own forum now so I suspect that is why she is no longer here.

ddc
04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Here's a link to the threads that she posted in:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5012212

canadianwoman
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Here's a link to the threads that she posted in:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5012212

Your link didn't work for me.

ddc
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Your link didn't work for me.

Weird. Doesn't work for me now either, but it did when I posted it.
Ok, try : click on search, then advanced search and then by user name and put in Jillian Michaels.

jmfan317
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
The link worked for me yesterday. It was nuts 2 read sum of her post n know that was actually her. I was here in 2005 n totally missed it.

canadianwoman
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Weird. Doesn't work for me now either, but it did when I posted it.
Ok, try : click on search, then advanced search and then by user name and put in Jillian Michaels.

That was my mistake. I did not search for her using the user name function. I just did a regular search so no wonder I could not find her posts. Duh.

Sheila53
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh, my. The two creepiest contestants vying for the Biggest Loser title. Kim had her bad moments, but I'm rooting for her. Please, please don't let it be Conda.

cherrypie
04-25-2012, 02:47 AM
crap. I can't believe who the final 3 are

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow, can't think of a worse final 3 ever!

I'm rooting for Kim but that's not saying much. I really hope next season is better, this season has just been horrible and the whole protest thing was just ridiculous.

cherrypie
04-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't know if I'm even going to watch the final now.

KimL1214
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll still watch because I want to see how everyone looks, and... I can't handle not knowing who the winner is...
I hope Kim wins, but compared to Conda and Jeremy, she really doesn't have much to lose... If I had to pick a second person, it would be Jeremy (bad taste in my mouth just saying that). If Conda wins... I don't even know... Probably best if I keep all potential flying objects out of reach so I don't break my TV...

Ilene
04-25-2012, 12:07 PM
I will watch the finale, only because this season has been like a train wreck, I don't want to watch but must find out who the winner is...

Re: Kim ... Thank goodness it's the total weight loss percentage that counts and not just from where she stands now... I think it will give her a better chance I hope :crossed:

ddc
04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
I was sooooo rooting for Mike to get a spot. Too bad :(

No marathon this year. Wonder why they changed that?

AllyG47
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not going to watch the finale. In fact, I deleted it off my DVR and I probably won't watch next season either. It disgusts me seeing these three bullies as the finalists.

Conda reminds me of this girl in my high school who would terrorize me every day. Her and her friends would hang around her locker and every time I walked by, they would whisper mean things about me (loud enough so I could hear) and snicker and point and laugh. She would tell fat jokes in class and then tap me on the shoulder and say, "That joke was about you. Haha!" In shop class, she had the gall to say "What are you doing in this class? You know you can't get rid of that spare tire with a saw." I came home from school crying many times and my mom would try to comfort me by saying that this girl must be jealous of me. This girl looked just like Conda so maybe she was jealous. Even so, those jokes still hurt. I reported her to the principal many times but she would always change her personality when she was talking to school officials. She would say, "I'm sorry you were offended by my joke. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." in the nicest voice and the principal would buy it. The next day, the bullying would start up again. It makes me sick that someone like that could win thousands of dollars - all because of bullying and ganging up on others to get them voted off (or talking them into walking off).

My mom thinks that she is named Conda because the condom broke when her parents were getting it on and that's how she was conceived. Conda = condom :)

ringmaster
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
oh well, I read the spoilers for the final 3 awhile back when it was posted, but I was hoping it was just a rumor or wrong. I would of liked to see Mike back, I think he was Conda's first victim.

I'll still watch the finale, waiting to see who wins the at home prize.

fredlr
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I was sooo hoping Jeremy would fall off that pedestal in the challenge - I cannot believe Jeremy and Conda are in the finals - my least favorite contestants EVER. I'm rooting for Kim - she was a snot, one of Conda's followers in the beginning but she seemed to let go of her baggage and become a nicer person. Should be interesting - I'll be throwing stuff at the TV, too, if either J or C wins!

cherrypie
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
that was the stupidest competition ever.

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I think the marathon was let go because of both the contestants dropping out (maybe they didn't want to see them again?) and also because last time around so many contestants had injuries so they either couldn't take part or had to quit when they still wanted to continue. :(

Like everyone else. I want to see how everyone looks at the finale and I want to see Conda/Jeremy NOT win. I REALLY hope they do better psych evaluations next time around. This season was just full of bullies, NOT good and NOT motivational at all. I have to wonder, though, if things would've been different with Jillian there? I have a hard time believing she would have let that bullying slide...

canadianwoman
04-25-2012, 01:41 PM
I have to wonder, though, if things would've been different with Jillian there? I have a hard time believing she would have let that bullying slide...

I think things would have been a LOT different if Jillian had been there.

Fiyah
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Watching the eliminated contestants weigh in, I was struck by just how many of the early eliminated contestants did REALLY well, and how many of the more recently eliminated contestants were very close to where they were when they left the ranch. I really hate that Jeremy won. After reading about and seeing all the drama that has gone on this season, and then finding out that they changed production companies this season, I REALLY hope they eliminate this production company and go back to a more uplifting format.

ontarget
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I'll watch the finale and root for Kim, but I'm ready for this season to be over, too. It's been a disaster!

shoeluver67
04-25-2012, 06:25 PM
I admit it...i like Kim. She's a beast and she's worked REALLY hard...you can't deny her that. Jeremy totally SLACKED for the first few weeks...as did Conda. I want Kim to win because you KNOW that Jeremy and Conda probably have some sort of agreement to split the winnings if either of them are the Biggest Loser. Of course, if that were the case and Conda were to win, you know Jeremy wouldn't get a DIME of her money! hahaha!

I'll tell you what is bothering me about this show...the whole "alliance" thing. Where a group of people agree never to vote for each other. Remember a couple of Seasons back the girl called Elizabeth (on the yellow team), she did NOTHING all season long but she made it to the finals because Frado and some guy from Boston all had a pact never to vote for her...she was TERRIBLE and wasn't even REMOTELY close to deserving to be there. They need to figure out a way to put a stop to that crap because that game playing is where they are going to lose viewers...i think people are getting tired of it.

cherrypie
04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't know how you people remember these past season's. I must just live in the moment because I can't even remember who won in december :lol:

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Ugh, I remember Elizabeth. Actually that season with Frado was my second least favorite after this one (but it had Ada, who I loved so I think that helped. ;) ).

It just gets me, I mean how can they have some absolutely AMAZING seasons like the one with Courtney (where I didn't even like Olivia and Hannah that much at the beginning but was cheering them on in the end) and last season was pretty good too even though John was a bit nuts.

This season just really lost all the motivational factor for me. I think if Kim wouldn't have been a bully I would've liked her. I did like her initially but I just can't look past what she did with Conda an alienated the other players.

ICUwishing
04-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I still believe that in one year, both Conda and Jeremy will be fatter and sicker than ever before. Neither one ever "got it", and they'll waste the entire opportunity they had.

mariposssa
04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Grrrr!!

EofAZ
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
The saving grace about Jeremy winning his way back is that now he and Conda HAVE to compete against each other and you don't have one going after the grand prize and the other the $100K at home prize. Also, if Kim does manage to win it is going to be very satisfying to see them both wiped out at once.

Ilene, thank you, I've been trying to figure out why I keep watching but this season is like a train wreck, I too don't want to watch but keep checking in to see "now what".

jomatho
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
This season sucks :tantrum: Yet I still watch.
The only hope I have left for the finale is that someone good will win the at home prize because all the ones I don't like are in the finale. Yes, Kim has worked hard and probably deserves the prize, but she was in on the early bullying and is the reason some of those contestants I really liked went home and that still irks me about her. I think it was only when she felt like she was on the other side that she wised up. Too late in my mind.
No need to justify why I don't like C & J.
I was hoping Mike would win the challenge. He was the first victim and was unfairly judged and voted off.
It is a game and I realize that, but the game was so darn hurtful and negative this season.
I wish BL would have an after the season show like the bachelor does. It would be great to get some of the inside scoop and put people like Conda int he hot seat after the show has all aired, to see what they have to say.
I usually don't remember past season contestant names either, but I will probably never ever forget the name Conda. And that is not in any way a good thing. :p

hotHealthy4life
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I am in the middle of ep 16, so I haven't read your comments.

I just had to say, I just knew Conda and Jeremy were gonna stay. Well of course they'll stay! I just am not sure how they got Mark and Buddy to leave. And I am so dissapointed with Buddy.

The worst season ever, officialy. I just hope that they don't make Dolvett leave after this one.

Ilene
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I wish BL would have an after the season show like the bachelor does. It would be great to get some of the inside scoop and put people like Conda int he hot seat after the show has all aired, to see what they have to say.
I've often thought of that too :yes: completely agree...

maryshady
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Ugh! It's all I can think of to say. Hate this season and the final three. Do hope Kim wins just so Conda or Jeremy won't. I think they did away with the marathon because Jeremy would have never been able to complete it. I am really beginning to think the show is fixed.

Did anyone else notice that when Chris got voted off and they showed her after photo she was down to 155 but that night she weighed in at 166? IF they knew she wasn't medically cleared for the challenge why wasn't someone else given that spot. Sickening what this show has become.

Ilene
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Did anyone else notice that when Chris got voted off and they showed her after photo she was down to 155 but that night she weighed in at 166? IF they knew she wasn't medically cleared for the challenge why wasn't someone else given that spot. Sickening what this show has become.Did not notice the weight difference :rolleyes: and your so right about replacing her if they knew she wasn't able to compete... I wonder what her problem is?

ontarget
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I think it's rigged for Conda and Jeremy, too. My husband told me once that producers don't care if you cheer or boo as long as you watch.

Bette k
04-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Did anyone else notice that when Chris got voted off and they showed her after photo she was down to 155 but that night she weighed in at 166? IF they knew she wasn't medically cleared for the challenge why wasn't someone else given that spot. Sickening what this show has become.

I read somewhere that after the program where she got voted off aired she put on her facebook page that she never weighed 155, but that the producers made her say she did. She didn't want people to be disappointed when the final came.

maryshady
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Bette-that is unbelievable. Instead of being proud of all she accomplished. She looks great! They make her lie and then diminish what little sense of self accomplish this woman has. So sick of this new production team. Certainly hope they are replaced again for next season or I won't be watching.

Ilene
04-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I read somewhere that after the program where she got voted off aired she put on her facebook page that she never weighed 155, but that the producers made her say she did. She didn't want people to be disappointed when the final came.:faint: really!? Unbelievable!!

ontarget
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
:yikes:

mariposssa
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Actually the old production company got caught in a lie in one of those follow ups before too. It was quite a few seasons back; one of the big strong guys (black team...maybe Dane?) Anyway he and his wife ran a mini marathon but didn't finish it. The sweeper vans come to clear the course if you are going too slow. They rode in a van to the finish line; but biggest loser showed them finishing and even showed their time!

Ilene
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Actually the old production company got caught in a lie in one of those follow ups before too. It was quite a few seasons back; one of the big strong guys (black team...maybe Dane?) Anyway he and his wife ran a mini marathon but didn't finish it. The sweeper vans come to clear the course if you are going too slow. They rode in a van to the finish line; but biggest loser showed them finishing and even showed their time!OMG I feel like such a sucker :doh: for thinking they/production wouldn't cheat and be honest with the public...:shrug:

mariposssa
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
OMG I feel like such a sucker :doh: for thinking they/production wouldn't cheat and be honest with the public...:shrug:

I agree. It is deplorable. But, I'm not that surprised anymore. What I would really like to see is the real weigh-in. Done on a sliding doctor's scale or at least a real scale that isn't digital or bleeping with all the fake possibilities. Cut the drama and show us the real number from a real scale...without any tampering or fake camera angles or photoshopping. But, that would make it harder for them to manipulate the results of the show, wouldn't it?

Exhale15
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I wonder what we're going to finally find out about Kim's 15 pounds. Really hard to believe...even if there was a 2-week stint between weigh-ins. And if she did lose the weight by doing things that professional figure competitors do to get ready to compete, what does that have to do with regular people who are trying to get healthy? Nothing. You can't tell me the trainers think that those 15 pounds fell off by exercise and balanced meals.....

PghGal
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I find it VERY difficult to believe these numbers, especially from Kim, at this point in the game. Kim doesn't have that much more weight to lose, and we're supposed to believe she pulled a 15 pound loss in a week?? (Or even two weeks!!)

This whole show seems more and more rigged.

I find it fascinating how the production team must choose the contestants. Some of these people seem to have ZERO personality and are blah-blah-bland! Others are ruthless and manipulative like Conda. I wonder how they go about choosing these folks! Just sayin'!

Candeka
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I have not missed a single episode this entire season... and of course my job schedules me to work the night of the finale. oOo, watching it the day after and not checking this forum are going to suck!!

LBBUGS13
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
I have to say Kim was not my favorite at first, but once she seemed to distance herself from Conda, and started hanging with Emily and Bob's team, I started to like her more. I am the most impressed with her results. She works her *ss off. Conda and Jeremy both seem like they held back just enough and had allies to get them this far. Just don't see the two if them making up the percentage of weight lost in only a week, even if Kim loses nothing more. They seem like they have more than 50 pounds to even be close to where Kim is in relation to how close to goal they are all. In the past wasnt the finale several weeks off. Doesn't seem to be the case this year, but I could of heard wrong.

Candeka
04-27-2012, 11:53 PM
I have only watched the finale of 2-3 other seasons, so correct me if I am wrong.... but I seem to remember all the finalists in past seasons being WAY smaller than Conda and Jeremy are... I don't remember any of them needing to lose anymore weight (and if they did.. it wasn't more than 10 or so pounds)...... I know any weight loss is great progress, but it doesn't seem fair if someone like Conda wins when there are people like Mike who clearly put EVERYTHING into it. In fact, it didn't seem like many of the eliminated contestants have lost much weight at home. Is this normal? For some reason, I have it in my brain that mostly everyone in all past seasons made it much closer to their goal weights by now...

ringmaster
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
I noticed they haven't put out workout DVDs this season... you know how every season they do Biggest Loser DVDs with the contestants? they probably know noone will buy them this season, especially if Conda is in them

canadianwoman
04-28-2012, 01:17 AM
I noticed they haven't put out workout DVDs this season... you know how every season they do Biggest Loser DVDs with the contestants? they probably know noone will buy them this season, especially if Conda is in them

I would not buy one if she were in it. Now Mike on the other hand....... :)

mariposssa
04-28-2012, 01:52 AM
I haven't watched every single season. But, haven't missed any in the last several years since we have had DVR. I only remember one finale where the people were bigger. It was Mike (the Italian guy from the white team) who started out at like 500 lbs and there was a blonde girl with him from the pink team--can't remember her name. But, they both started out really big, lost quite a bit, but still had a ways to go at finale time. They did a lot of game playing, too...but they were much more likeable and inspirational than the Britt brats.

MapleLeaf
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I was hoping Mike would win the challenge. He was the first victim and was unfairly judged and voted off.
Me too! I couldn't believe it when I saw Mike. It's so inspirational that he managed to do that at home, and his attitude was great. No "wah wah poor me" like we've been hearing all season from everyone else. He just took what happened and didn't let it hold him back.

I'd be happy if Kim won, mainly because I want her to beat Conda... and if Jeremy wins then Conda will still benefit.

I hope that either Mike or Emily wins the at home prize.

ennay
04-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I have to say Kim was not my favorite at first, but once she seemed to distance herself from Conda, and started hanging with Emily and Bob's team, I started to like her more. I am the most impressed with her results. She works her *ss off. Conda and Jeremy both seem like they held back just enough and had allies to get them this far. Just don't see the two if them making up the percentage of weight lost in only a week, even if Kim loses nothing more. They seem like they have more than 50 pounds to even be close to where Kim is in relation to how close to goal they are all. In the past wasnt the finale several weeks off. Doesn't seem to be the case this year, but I could of heard wrong.

Yeah, but it isnt a week to the finale. The rest of the episodes were taped eons ago and between "last week" and the finale is usually about 3 months for them to go home and do it on their own.

And yes, Jeremy has way way more in relationship to his goal, but as a % of weight loss he is only 2% behind. He doesnt need to match her BMI, he needs to match her % Jeremy would need to lose 12 lbs to match Kims current %. Conda would need to lose 24

If Kim kicks *** at home and conceivably got down to the lower end of a healthy BMI (which is VERY VERY hard to do with as much muscle as she has) she could maybe get down to 128 (BMI of 20.0) Which would give her a % of 49.2. Jeremy would have to lose 41 lbs. He is very capable of that if he wants it bad enough. He is hitting the sweet spot where his fitness has finally gotten him to the point where he can shed more. If he did that he would BARELY squeak out of the obese category and into overweight.

fyreflie24
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm so ready for a new crew and hope the production team hears the public outcries; but then again, if they're going for drama, they got it and hopefully won't perpetuate it in future episodes. Feels like The Real World when they started putting people together to create conflicts!

I hope Emily makes it. I was so taken with her in real life and from what I've heard from a mutual friend.

For a season of no excuses, there are more than ever! Not much longer!

mandalinn82
04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
So, let me get this straight.

It is SO WRONG for a former contestant to return after being sent home that it is worth staging a walkout over....UNLESS that contestant is Jeremy. In which case he EARNED that return spot! He DESERVED to be there, darn it!

If the "principle" of not letting eliminated contestants return actually mattered to him, he'd have refused to compete. Instead, he insinuates that he shouldn't even have to compete, because he shouldn't have been eliminated in the first place.

I don't recall ever being so upset about a season before. What an awful final 3.

Exhale15
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
It's like a weight loss program + soap opera rolled into one. I haven't watched it religiously, but I remember earlier seasons really being more about the weight and health. And contests being more about whether or not the contestants knew their calories, etc. This season has been drawn out and funky and we'd get more out of the time slot if we spent it with the TV off and the dance music on :belly:

maryshady
04-29-2012, 11:50 AM
So if I understood it correctly they were only going home for 1 week before the finale? Isn't usually like 3 months and if so why even bother watching. What could they all possibly lose in 1 week.

maryshady
04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
There were some others who still had a lot to lose but they came in at really high numbers and they did extremely well while at the ranch but just needed more time. There was the two you all mentioned, Shay (who came back at the finale of the next season and won money from subway for every lb she lost) and another young guy who wore orange. He was really young and weighed like 490 lbs and they let him return the next season I think. Can't remember his name.

maryshady
04-29-2012, 12:00 PM
found it. Daniel wright: He went from 454 to 201lbs in 2 seasons of BL

peanutt
04-29-2012, 01:20 PM
So if I understood it correctly they were only going home for 1 week before the finale? Isn't usually like 3 months and if so why even bother watching. What could they all possibly lose in 1 week.

No, it's more than 1 week until the finale. They always film the show 2-3 months ahead of time. So when Alison said "see you in 1 week" it was just a line for the show. They've been away from the ranch for 2-3 months now. The first news of the walk out came out in February, but just aired 2 weeks ago.

maryshady
04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
No, it's more than 1 week until the finale. They always film the show 2-3 months ahead of time. So when Alison said "see you in 1 week" it was just a line for the show. They've been away from the ranch for 2-3 months now. The first news of the walk out came out in February, but just aired 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for that explanation Thought it was so weird when she said see you next week!:o

Elliemar
04-30-2012, 05:25 AM
I've always loved BL but we're way behind here in the UK. We're just getting the one with Frado and that Elizabeth who never does anything but stays in every week. I've really noticed that they've upped all the game-playing compared to previous seasons and I hate it. It should be on who has the best % losses and not who's made friends with who. I've already stopped watching every episode because of the game-playing and if it only gets worse as you all say, I can see my love affair with BL being over :(

maryshady
04-30-2012, 08:10 AM
I've always loved BL but we're way behind here in the UK. We're just getting the one with Frado and that Elizabeth who never does anything but stays in every week. I've really noticed that they've upped all the game-playing compared to previous seasons and I hate it. It should be on who has the best % losses and not who's made friends with who. I've already stopped watching every episode because of the game-playing and if it only gets worse as you all say, I can see my love affair with BL being over :(

That season was very tame compared to this one. Some seasons were worse than others but not so bad because there were still inspiring people to root for. Do yourself a favor, just skip season 13 cause after the first few weeks there was no one left to even care about.

ICUwishing
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Man, I regret the lost hours watching it this season. I just kept hoping it was going to get better, and it didn't. Why I kept on watching is a mystery and a disappointment. :D I should value my time more highly.

I pledge today that if next season contains mean, shallow, conniving people who aren't rejected by the rest of the group in the first few shows, I will shut the TV off and use the time more wisely.

Riddy
05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Sadly, this was my first season watching. A friend of mine kept telling me to keep with it, and that it always got better. She was WRONG. I don't know if I will watch again. I'm not so much rooting for Kim, as rooting against Conda and Jeremy. Neither of them deserve to win.

What a waste of time. I could have been exercising. :(

ontarget
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
And while I'm reading here about BL, I am listening to pre-finale interviews with Jeremy, Kim, Dolvett, and Bob. (Not Conda!) Right now I'm listening to Bob. He's a hoot. He's trying to be positive about the season. He's trying to promote Conda (of course), but I'm not buying it. He's also talking about Jeremy and Kim. You might check them out if you're interested. They are on the NBC website.

MindiV
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
I have a suspicion that they're banking on Conda as the winner. They are trying too, too hard to rehabilitate her in the eyes of the country...

mariposssa
05-01-2012, 04:00 PM
What a waste of time. I could have been exercising. :(
I always exercise while I'm watching Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars. If the show is lame or annoying at least I get something out of it. I'm getting close to the point of not caring with DWTS now...the judges sure have their obvious favorites. I think there is just a point in every reality show where I am done with people who are left. Happens in Survivor if I watch, too.

Ilene
05-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Well at least Conda didn't win ... but it's not the person I wanted :( that's for sure ...

One thing I have been liking is that the recent episodes were not 2 hours long... one hour is more than enough...

pam920
05-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I thought Kim had it. She looked great. Time will tell, but I still believe Conda and Jeremy were in it for the money only and both will regain. I hope I'm wrong.

ontarget
05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
And Mike looked fantastic!!

pam920
05-02-2012, 12:11 AM
yes, he did. Glad he won. Emily is so pretty. Cassandra looked great as a blonde. Conda went blonde too. Someone must have told them blondes have more fun.

TooManyDimples
05-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm so bummed. Too bad for Kim she didn't start off a little more unhealthy I guess. I can't believe Jeremy was still that pudgy and beat Kim who looked like a solid wall of muscle. First time I've ever felt bummed that % of weight loss matters instead of overall fitness.

ennay
05-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Yup. Why I think it should be BMI or % of excess or something. Can't argue that Kim didnt give it everything, but there just wasnt anything less to lose. - She had a way better figure than Alison!

Candeka
05-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Kim did look amazing. She may not have won the money but at least she won a car, $7000 and got her health back. Jeremy still has some to lose and hopefully he does not get content with how he looks now that he has won the money and the competition is over. However, he did have the highest percentage lost out of everyone including Mike so he did earn it which can not be denied.

Mike did an amazing job at home, so did Ben. Even with this season being so drama filled with many contestants still being overweight, it still produced amazing results in some of the players.

Tomato
05-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Count me those who are very disappointed that Kim didn't win. I am sad about this, I was rooting for her really hard.
My personal belief is that the contestants should be similar in age and excess weight. Jeremy looked good (as much as he can look "good", hrrmph) in the suit but he still had a lot of fat around his waist. But look how much excess weight he started with. Kim had nothing more to lose.
Still, to me, she IS the biggest loser.
Jeremy and Conda .... if they were not on the show together, neither of them would have made it to the finale.
JMHO

maryshady
05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Again I think it is fixed. How tall is Jeremy? My husband weighs around 192 and is 5' 10. He looks skinny except for his little belly. Jeremy still looked way big to me. I know there is extra skin but i thought for sure he would come in around 220.

Anyway, Kim looked great. Wasn't a big fan of hers till the end of the show but really wanted her to win. Thought everyone did a great job. Was so surprised by how much weight Gail lost. Didn't think she was going to go home and do very much. Didn't realize in the beginning of the show she was over 300 lbs.

Thought Emily, Cassandra, & the girl in yellow looked fantastic. Mike was so deserving of the prize!!!

Loved what Adrian said on the scale about all families being dysfunctional. Wonder if Anaconda apologized to them both off screen? I doubt it and maybe they paid him to say it (lol) but glad to see there was no ill will toward anyone.

Exhale15
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
As much as the personalities got in the way of the numbers this time around, Jeremy did lose the biggest % of weight. And, in a way, I think it's a positive thing that a person can still win without being 'buff', I mean, we all feel like winners when we move our tickers, even though we may have some more to lose. He put in a lot of work to drop those lbs., and if he were someone we liked, we'd be feeling differently about the outcome, IMVHO.....

ennay
05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Agreed. I think if he wasnt Conda's brother we would have been rooting for him. Most of the time he had one of the better personalities on the show.

mandalinn82
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't think I would be rooting for him, simply because of the whole "It's wrong to bring someone back! It's just not fair" followed by immediately being OK with it when he was the one being brought back. It REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

cherrypie
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
was it just me? or was the cheering much more muted for conda?

selway
05-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Does anyone remember what Kim's final weight was? Just curious. I was so mad/dissapointed that I deleted the show from my DVR list immediately after Germy won.

canadianwoman
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Does anyone remember what Kim's final weight was? Just curious. I was so mad/dissapointed that I deleted the show from my DVR list immediately after Germy won.

I believe that Kim's final weight was 134 pounds.

RayStar
05-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Kim's final weight was 134. I want to know what Jeremy weighed before this final weigh in.

pam920
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Jeremy is 5'8". He looked much heavier than 190 to me. After reading that they lied about Chris weighing 155, nothing surprises me. Jeremy weighted 239 at final weigh in

shoeluver67
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM
My boyfriend was SO disappointed that Jeremy won (he HATED Jer and Conda)...her very VOCALLY announced last night "that's IT, i am DONE with this show!! I'm not watching it ANYMORE!"

This season did kinda suck.

Raven132
05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I got about 2 minutes into the show on Hulu, then just googled the results. So glad this season is over. If things don't change I don't think the show will be worth watching anymore. Mike looked awesome, as did Kim. Didn't they used to do a % of change, taking into account fat percentage? Seems like they should level the playing field a little more by choosing more similar contestants with the same amount of weight to lose or something. This season just doesn't sit right with me.

Ilene
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
She had a way better figure than Alison!I noticed that too...

RayStar
05-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Jeremy is 5'8". He looked much heavier than 190 to me. After reading that they lied about Chris weighing 155, nothing surprises me. Jeremy weighted 239 at final weigh in

Thanks for Jeremy's final weigh in. So that makes a total of 40 pounds in a short amount of time. UMM

ennay
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks for Jeremy's final weigh in. So that makes a total of 40 pounds in a short amount of time. UMM

It's not that short , relative to the amount of time spent on the show, really. 3 months usually. Whether or not the number is absolute he definitely beat Kim by the rules of the show. That was obvious the minute he walked out before he even got on the scale. And Kim knew it.

ontarget
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I hate to admit it, but I think Jeremy deserved the win. The reason I hate to admit it is that I think he coasted most of the season saving his big push till the end.

That said--I wish they would have the redline from now on and not have any more votes. I don't think they could switch to having America vote because of the time filming and airing.

ontarget
05-02-2012, 05:40 PM
And I think there should not be couples any more. Go back to singles.

mariposssa
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Might want to check your math. :) I think it is closer to 50lbs. Please don't be offended it only proves your point more. I agree that he appears pretty chunky for 190...maybe it is loose skin in the belly area. Or maybe they lied about his number, too.

maryshady
05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
And I think there should not be couples any more. Go back to singles.

I agree. I have hated couples since they started doing it.

cherrypie
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I was disapointed in Chism as well.

shoeluver67
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
In my opinion, Chism should have been WAY leaner by the Finale. As big as he was...he still had a lot to go and only lost a little over 100. don't get me wrong, that's still awesome...but when your JOB is literally to WORKOUT 5-6 hours a day...well, he shouldv'e lost a bit more than that. **** Jeremy lost almost twice as much as Chism did.

Candeka
05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I also have to agree that they should make it somewhat more even for players to have a fair chance. It's not fair to put someone who only has about 30-40% to lose against someone who has 50% to lose. Kim literally could not lose anymore. In fact, I am truly amazed (and not sure if I believe...) that she weighs 134. Did you see the muscles on her? Given her height, I honestly thought she would have been 150 due to how muscular she is (which is a good thing!).

But yeah, if they made it more even and chose people who had similar percentages to lose, it might give others a fair chance.

canadianwoman
05-03-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree. I have hated couples since they started doing it.

I also wish they would go back to singles.

cherrypie
05-03-2012, 02:35 AM
I wish survivor would do couples lol that would be interesting.

selway
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
What do you mean they lied about people's weight?

debbieOBX
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I was wondering that also. Who lied? I would of loved to see them lie about Kim and declare her the winner. : )

EofAZ
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
The only thing this season did do was document that they need to more evenly match the contestants. Two of the three finalists didn't make the most of their opportunity. There were so many others who did so much better and were just so happy to have reached their goals or significantly improved their health.

Next year I will DVR the show and wait to see what you all think about it before I get suckered into watching it. I'm not wasting another year with it if it is just filled with the foolish drama again.

mariposssa
05-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Chris posted on her FB that she never weighed 155 like BL said in her follow up. What was her finale weigh in...163?? Cant remember.

cherrypie
05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Jennifer Rumple mentioned on facebook that casting has started for season 14. There was some speculation on the nbc biggest loser boards that the show was about to be cancelled because casting wasn't announced at the finale like usual.

runningfromfat
05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Jennifer Rumple mentioned on facebook that casting has started for season 14. There was some speculation on the nbc biggest loser boards that the show was about to be cancelled because casting wasn't announced at the finale like usual.

I really hope they work harder with the psych profiles during casting. It's really not acceptable to have bullies allowed to run lose (and WIN!) on that show. It's supposed to be motivational and, I'm sorry, I really don't find bullies winning motivational AT ALL.

Another thing.. I would love to see a second prize given out to the person who reaches a healthy BMI/body fat percentage (or maybe a pre-specified goal weight). This final was probably the clearest that the only reason Jeremy won was because he had so much more to lose initially because Kim couldn't have gone down any further, she was tiny! It also happened in the past with Sam where he hit his goal weight on campus (and Courtney's mom, I can't remember her name but it started with an M.. maybe Marcy?). Would love to see that acknowledged on the campus because if anything that's a bigger victory to see a contestant accomplish their goal and then work on maintenance!

cherrypie
05-09-2012, 06:22 PM
they should all get some kind of bonus for reaching goal. The prize money is actually quite small

canadianwoman
05-10-2012, 12:24 AM
they should all get some kind of bonus for reaching goal.

I think once they reach goal they already have. :)

maryshady
05-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Heard the season won't start till January next year. So no Fall season. Really hope it goes back to being the show it once was. We all know there is going to be game play. I don't mind waterloading when you have immunity, etc. But I will never watch again if it dissolves into a Jerry Springer sideshow like this season did. I do not watch shows that leave me feeling icky afterward. That is how I felt all season. I just kept hoping she would get eliminated and it would be then end of it.

I think their prize is free personal training, food, etc. for however long they get to stay. But I do agree that there should be a prize for most dramatic change, etc.

ontarget
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
January!?! I'm going to miss you ladies. I look forward to coming here to read what you're posting. Well, I will miss BL, too.

ICUwishing
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll miss BL the way it WAS ... but season 13 can go right in the trash can. I hope they are taking a hiatus to fully understand why BL is supposed to be different from Big Brother and why this season was such a train wreck.

cherrypie
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I havn't heard that. And the timing doesn't make sense. I think they were just late casting because it was a shorter season.

Somni
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I have a friend that just tried out for this season so I've been reading some of the interview info that's been out there about casting. It sounds like maybe they got the message about how this season went over. Fingers crossed, anyway!

"Q: How do you choose contestants for "The Biggest Loser"?
BN: "For Season 14, we're doing things a little differently. Instead of looking for someone that meets a certain profile, we're asking the question, 'How deserving are they?' We're looking for real, genuine people who will appreciate this opportunity to change their lives! It's really a golden ticket! We spend four to five months searching for the ideal candidates for this show and we listen to their personal stories.

--

Who they want: Nickens says that past seasons have often relied on contestants who were TV savvy, with big personalities and dramatic stories to tell, but this time he’s after something different. “For Season 14, we’re looking to get back to basics. The most-important thing is to find a deserving, “rootable” person. … It’s good to have a little back story, someone who’s been dealt a rough hand, but this is a golden ticket. We want to give it to someone who is deserving of the opportunity. A person who will pay it forward.”

Ilene
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info, I`m looking forward to Season 14 now!

ontarget
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
So am I. Thank you for sharing. What about your friend? Chosen for Season 14?

cherrypie
07-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I have a friend that just tried out for this season so I've been reading some of the interview info that's been out there about casting. It sounds like maybe they got the message about how this season went over. Fingers crossed, anyway!

"Q: How do you choose contestants for "The Biggest Loser"?
BN: "For Season 14, we're doing things a little differently. Instead of looking for someone that meets a certain profile, we're asking the question, 'How deserving are they?' We're looking for real, genuine people who will appreciate this opportunity to change their lives! It's really a golden ticket! We spend four to five months searching for the ideal candidates for this show and we listen to their personal stories.

--

Who they want: Nickens says that past seasons have often relied on contestants who were TV savvy, with big personalities and dramatic stories to tell, but this time he’s after something different. “For Season 14, we’re looking to get back to basics. The most-important thing is to find a deserving, “rootable” person. … It’s good to have a little back story, someone who’s been dealt a rough hand, but this is a golden ticket. We want to give it to someone who is deserving of the opportunity. A person who will pay it forward.”

that sounds promising

ringmaster
09-04-2012, 01:00 PM
OMG! Jillian is going to be back next season. I had a feeling she'd be back eventually... the producers probably begged her to come back to bring the ratings back up after how bad last season was lol

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/general/view/20120904nbcs_biggest_loser_adds_teens__jillian_mic haels_returns

Ilene
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Reallly happy to hear that! Thanks for the update!

ontarget
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
:woohoo: