The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Season 13!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

View Full Version : Season 13!

maryshady
02-23-2012, 06:51 AM
I liked Megan and Cassandra... Until I saw how they acted last night when they were on the scale and their numbers purposely sucked. Now I am rooting for Chris. She even kept her promise to Daphne when she knew she would have to go against her entire team.

But why oh why did she chose to vote for Chism instead of Conda????? Is Conda really that scary?

MindiV
02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Jillian would've gone totally nuclear on them ALL. I miss Jillian a lot for that.

So as for the walk-off...is that THIS season's contestants, or are they already filming a new season? I'm confused about the timing of all this...

peanutt
02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
They're still filming at the ranch with the last few contestants of this season. According to former BLers on Twitter, next season hasn't even been cast yet.

MindiV
02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
They're still filming at the ranch with the last few contestants of this season. According to former BLers on Twitter, next season hasn't even been cast yet.

Thanks!!!!

Ilene
02-23-2012, 09:17 AM
They're still filming at the ranch with the last few contestants of this season. According to former BLers on Twitter, next season hasn't even been cast yet.Yes, thank you!!

cherrypie
02-23-2012, 11:31 AM
there is a teaser on tmz about it today guess they are talking about it on the show

and an interview with bob I ran accross

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/biggest-loser-coach-bob-harper-contestants-bullies-season-nasty

ringmaster
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
last episode also changed my view on the black team except for Chris. Chris keeps saying she's worried about being voted off next so maybe she's actually afraid of getting voted off from not going along with the drama. Seems like both teams like Conda, Kim was even saying to Conda's brother "we love Conda" :?: Seems to be more going on that they don't want to vote Conda off.

bringing back old contestants isn't anything new, so I'm not sure why this seasons constants would be surprised about that twist. they have done that before. the only way that seemed to work was when Ali Vincent kept losing big enough numbers to not go below the yellow line (which reminds me, I think Daphne should of waited till singles to try getting Conda off if she wasn't already).

ooooh, I was wondering too since I know they don't film in real time. I was wondering if Conda was already home and reading all the hating going on about her. Now I wonder if she's one of the last few that are still there and led them to walk off.

fyreflie24
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Hey! Hope I can jump in :)

I was really pulling for Daphne but I did loose a lot of respect for her for feeding the drama and not rising above and staying the course. She'd been there less time than everyone else but again, she might have just felt she'd done well and home and was over it.

The drama, as everyone is saying, is horrid. I can imagine that a lot of these behaviors contributed to some of these folks gaining weight (as was shown when Dovette took Conda home) but why aren't they getting to the root of that? And a walk off? Are they crazy?! Talk about entitled. Kim freaks me out; she seems tough as nails.

Emily is from my area and I know a few folks who know her and say she is simply lovely. I hope to get to meet her at some point but I do like her a lot. Next week should be interesting now that the Aqua team is gone; what's going to be the next drama avenue?

It is hard to feel for these people; they're getting an amazing opportunity, one so many of us would love, and they're just acting ridiculously. I hope the producers really look at next casting and get the show back to it's intentions.

ennay
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
I think she voted for Chism because she wanted Daphne gone but wanted to honor her word. There was a chance someone else might vote for Conda (obviously Daphne would) but nobody was going to vote for Chism. Besides, If she WAS going to go against her team, yes, voting for Conda who clearly has manipulative powers is dangerous.

I like Chris's integrity but frankly can not stand her constant feeling that "I'm obviously the one on the chopping block". **** she has one of the best % overall. But so did Roy. Obviously not one of the gang.

Frankly, I was ready to see Daphne go as well. I disagree with the assessment that she had no chance to stay. She saved her team last week and earned respect. The black team might not have been totally with her but they werent totally against her either. After all, they had their conda problems in the past. She had a decently fair shot if she had kept her head down and worked hard.

I swear if they walk off let them go. How many seasons have they given second chances. Nobody ever was as big a baby about it as this season. This is the only season they ever acted so betrayed by a comeback (like Aqua team). No wonder their weight loss is subpar.

Dolvett has a lot to learn about when to play into the drama and when to cut the crap and take control.

Black team was stupid. If you are going to throw a weigh in you do it with water, you dont eat bread and slack your workouts. The payoff of a thrown weigh in should be a HUGE loss next week and instead they are probably going to go back into carb withdrawal. Some water loss, but not what it could have been if they had simply all sucked down an extra few quarts of water right before weigh. Or loaded up on salt all week instead of bread.

If I was Bob I would put them through **** next week.

ontarget
02-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Good points by all. I think Chris is afraid of Conda. Conda gets into faces and yells--typical bullying. I think Chris is too fragile to take that. That said--I wish she had voted for Conda then knocked the stuffing out of her if she had gotten into her face. And believe it or not--I'm a very conservative old lady.

Somni
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
I started to watch last week's episode, but when the trainers decided Conda and Daphne were the most 'deserving' to be sent home so they could face off against each other... ugh.. I couldn't even keep watching. (I could kinda understand the logic of wanting Daphne to have a chance to prove herself but to send her home to do that when she just got there was weird and could have caused even more resentment.) I think I am done watching for the season but I still like reading to see what happened. Reading about what I missed sure doesn't make me want to go find the eps online to watch though.

It's a shame for the folks didn't make it on the show or got sent home, that would have loved just to focus on losing weight and could care less about the drama, throwing weigh-ins, boycotting to preserve money prizes, etc. I wouldn't care if they just let the boycotters keep walking and replaced them with the drama-free eliminated contestants. If anything, it would make me more motivated to watch again.

pam920
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
just read the Bob interview. He hit the nail on the head.........bullies. Describes them perfectly. My sis knows Buddy's family and i asked her about a week ago if he was back home yet and she said no. His brother attends her church. Buddy is pastor at another church in the area.

Candeka
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
If they all want to walk just because old contestants might come back, then let them. All the producers have to do is finish the show with the old contestants competing again and the whiners can go mope that they didn't get their way. If the producers give in now, what happens next season? Will those contestants just bully their way into demanding how the show goes? Its not written in stone that they get the money.

safyre
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM
TMZ is now saying "All but two" have returned to the show & they are continuing production and will work the 'mutiny' in as a storyline of some sort.... so how many could be left then? It was purported on some other site that there were only three that were left & walked off, but that must not be right, unless only one returns with other former contestants....

I think I just confused myself.

Maybe the 'mutiny' was that Conda was voted off then they found out TBL execs were going to bring her back? That may make me walk off too LOL!

cherrypie
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
TMZ is now saying "All but two" have returned to the show & they are continuing production and will work the 'mutiny' in as a storyline of some sort.... so how many could be left then? It was purported on some other site that there were only three that were left & walked off, but that must not be right, unless only one returns with other former contestants....

I think I just confused myself.

Maybe the 'mutiny' was that Conda was voted off then they found out TBL execs were going to bring her back? That may make me walk off too LOL!

I just came to post that :lol: I'm far too interested in this

doesn't make sense that there were only 3 left. They go home when there are 3 left don't they?

Candeka
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe they have brought back a couple people to fill the gaps? Who knows. Does anyone know the delay time between filming and seeing an episode?

peanutt
02-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Next week's episode (when they go home) would have been filmed during and right after Christmas (which is why they got to go home).

kris2008
02-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Has to be Conda that they let leave the show. Without Conda, no one would have gone on strike. And possibly Kim with her. I think they said 2 are being let go. I totally hate that Conda got this far in the game if she just left this week, in real-time.

fyreflie24
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Has to be Conda that they let leave the show. Without Conda, no one would have gone on strike. And possibly Kim with her. I think they said 2 are being let go. I totally hate that Conda got this far in the game if she just left this week, in real-time.

That was my hunch too... I think Kim had some potential too but man... ugh this whole season! They needed group therapy as well!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

ringmaster
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Black team was stupid. If you are going to throw a weigh in you do it with water, you dont eat bread and slack your workouts. The payoff of a thrown weigh in should be a HUGE loss next week and instead they are probably going to go back into carb withdrawal. Some water loss, but not what it could have been if they had simply all sucked down an extra few quarts of water right before weigh. Or loaded up on salt all week instead of bread.

right...wasn't it last season someone drank 3 gallons of water before the weigh in and gained like 17 pounds? I though that was odd they were loading on bread.

if they walk off the show don't they automatically forfeit like that guy Joe did at the beginning of the show?

maryshady
02-24-2012, 07:32 AM
there is a teaser on tmz about it today guess they are talking about it on the show and an interview with bob I ran accross
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/biggest-loser-coach-bob-harper-contestants-bullies-season-nasty

thanks for that. Was a really good read. Loved the comments at the bottom too. Seems like all the viewers pretty much feel the same way we all feel. Wasted season on a bunch of barely losing weight babies:D

right...wasn't it last season someone drank 3 gallons of water before the weigh in and gained like 17 pounds? I though that was odd they were loading on bread. if they walk off the show don't they automatically forfeit like that guy Joe did at the beginning of the show?

Your right but this group of people just don't seem to get it. I feel like most of them will go home and gain all their weight back. They seem very entitled, nothing is my fault, whiny kind of people. They don't think they just react to each situation.

Has anyone else noticed how horrible the weight loss is this year. What are we in week 8 and no one has even reached 100 lbs yet!:dizzy:

katylil
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Conda makes me want throw things at the TV. Also Kim.

I like Chism and Jeremy. Also the girl in orange (cant remember her name but she came in with her grandmother).

But everyone else I'm kind of meh about. There's not one single truly inspiring person in the entire group and I think I'm just gonna stop watching til the finale...that's my favourite bit of every series anyway!

TooManyDimples
02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
I didn't watch it until last night. This season just plain stinks. I was definitely liking the black team better, but I can't believe how amazingly fast Conda infected them. One week on the team and they're all acting like high schoolers too. It was pretty clear that it was Conda's idea to throw the weighin by what Emily said about letting Conda effect what she does there.

I don't get why all these people like her! Do they not see that she's the one that has brought so much toxic energy to the house? I laughed so hard when they were in elimination and Conda said something about the house having a toxic feeling, and than when she tried to make that little hit on Daphne by saying she was being a good example for her daughter. That poor child.

Daphne made some mistakes, but I think it would be so hard to rise above when you're already in that environment and than to have all that drama coming at you from so many different directions.

I really don't care for anyone left on the show too much. Cassandra has always been a tad annoying to me but tolerable, but after the way she acted on the scale and in elimination I'm completely sour to her now. Never cared for Megan much, her attitude stinks too. I really see so much high school crap going on. It's like Conda is the new girl in school who thinks she's all that and these two girls who are already insecure gang up with her and feel like they belong so they pick on whoever the leader wants them to. Conda came right in and took over the black team. Emily seemed the most genuinely embarrassed by what she did and she hasn't seemed to feed into the drama that much so I guess she's at the top of my list for now.

I don't really care who wins anymore, as long as it's not Conda of course. Hopefully they cast better for next season. Another one like this and I will have to stop watching. I already mute a big chunk of the show as it is.

PghGal
02-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I got cozy with my DVR last night and caught up on BL - finally!

I am almost at a loss for words. I've followed BL for many years and have never had such strong feelings about particular contestants (as well as the whole group in general).

*Conda* seems to be the mean-girl ringleader, no matter which team she is on. That really says something. Bob is right - she's a BULLY, plain and simple. On another hand, it's fascinating to watch because Conda is also clearly very insecure with herself, which is why she's always the sh*t stirrer.

I have mixed feelings about Kim. She seems kinda ... well, rough. But that being said, she's had a few moments where I've been in her corner. For example, taking the leadership role of the red team while Dolvett was training w/Conda at home. Otherwise, she seems like a Conda cohort in the bullying department.

I have a friend-of-a-friend who lives in Huntersville NC and knows Emily from the black team. She only has said positive things about Emily and that she seems to be a good kind-hearted person, not a bully.

I don't know. Chism seems to be dead weight to me, and I think his father is the main reason he is still safe in the house. Mark seems like another one of the bullies.

And don't even get me STARTED on Daphne. Although I gotta say, I was feeling really bad for her - she didn't stand a chance. Adrian seemed to be a jerk, but Daphne seemed to really be trying. She make a big mistake in lashing out at Conda rather than avoiding those PB Cups and minding her own beezwax, IMO.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling, but suffice to say, I am really disappointed with this season's contestants. I'd rather see positive people who are there for the right reasons rather than this backstabbing and bullying.

Great comments all around. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. :)

Lori Bell
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I personally think Daphne had the last laugh. She's no dummy. I think she had a plan all along. Stir the pot, make people freak and get the heck out. She was doing better at home, and she knew Conda wasn't going anywhere too soon. If she would have won the weigh-in, then it was pretty certain Chris would go home, and I don't think Daphne wanted that to happen. So once she saw that the rest of the black team was playing right into her hand and slacking and actually eating more and throwing a weight-in in a way that would move them back a few notches, (and be detrimental to their personal weight-loss) her plan was in action. All she had to do is chug a few quarts of water and be out of there leaving the rest to have to work harder than ever to undo their damage...Oh, that was the smell of SWEET revenge. I thought it was great!

I especially loved it when Conda said in the elimination room, that she "doesn't take revenge". What in the h#ll was her +1 pound? She's so ... ugh.

Lyla
02-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I finally saw the show last nite.
Ufff where do i start? ...let's talk about the Daphne's plan (as i think it was hehe).

As Lori Bell said i think she got a plan, not in short term (i don't think it will work but this is what i though) She changed Jeremy and Conda just to make them the 'outsiders' now, they are not in their all loving teams anymore and they can be the first ones to be send home when the time comes. For example, the black team would never write Jeremy's name down, but the red team will probably do.

In the end gaining the 2 pounds was like i don´t give a f ... i don't really want to be here anyway, and that is a big slap in the face to all of them. I wouldn't stay in that enviroment either, most if i am doing great at home.

Really hate how they all acted in the scale, as Bob said, nobody is stupid. Allison was pretty upset too.

Regarding the people selecting the cast, there's nothing they could've done to see how this new season will act. Everyone show their best videos, show their best faces and sides. Sadly they all are a bunch of childish, whinny full of excuses people, but it was a coincidence i guess.

safyre
02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
By the sounds of his tweets, Mark is one of the ones who did not return.

"...I had to walk away from the drama rather than care about cash/prizes. Hopefully people will understand."

"... I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."

These were replies tweeted today.

Of course, this is all speculation!

Candeka
02-24-2012, 05:26 PM
DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHO (might of) WALKED AWAY!..... Fair warning!

On Mark's twitter (I just looked it up after safyre posted about it), it sounds like both Mark and Chism walked away. Someone commented "You two were my fave and I am trully bummed out you both left. I wanted Chism to win every step of the way. It just s*%ks"..... and Mark replied with "Thank you. I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."

fyreflie24
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm sad for Chism; I really wanted him to get the full benefit of his time. I guess they do have each other at home to help. Sounds like a real back story!

Italiannie
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHO (might of) WALKED AWAY!..... Fair warning!

On Mark's twitter (I just looked it up after safyre posted about it), it sounds like both Mark and Chism walked away. Someone commented "You two were my fave and I am trully bummed out you both left. I wanted Chism to win every step of the way. It just s*%ks"..... and Mark replied with "Thank you. I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."

I think Mark was a huge part of the drama, and Chism too. Mark has always been preachy, and remember when Chism and Jeremy wouldn't accept Chris's apology a few weeks ago? It seems like almost everyone on the show this year likes to kick people when they're down. I always loved how people banned together to encourage each other. Not this year.

Maybe Mark and Chism started to realize the bad press they were getting and decided to cut their losses - or maybe they were next on the chopping block.

I actually like reading the posts more than watching the show. TBL is the only reality TV show that I watch (or watched). I'm done until maybe next season - maybe.

ontarget
02-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I just read some of Mark's tweets on Twitter. Do I need a life or what? Don't know what to think about who's left. I just hope it's not Conda.

fyreflie24
02-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I totally missed the Chism/Jermey/Chris thing... !!!

MindiV
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Wonder how Mark can get away with just talking about it like that? Bet the next news will be a lawsuit for breach of contract or something...

pam920
02-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Too bad it wasn't Conda. I think Chism is very immature and mean spirited, just like Mark. He is young and very overweight. Same with Jeremy. I just wonder why they aren't having huge losses each week. None of them are, when you think about it. No one has hit 100 lbs loss yet.

I still think they need to eliminate the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss each week. That way they can't play those silly games and throw weigh ins, etc. Would be fair to those working so hard and get eliminated because they aren't in the clique

PghGal
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Very ironic tweets coming from Mark. He was absolutely a big part of the drama.

Both Chism and Jeremy were horrible while Chris was awkwardly apologizing to them a few episodes back. Granted, Chris is obviously not a "people person" and seems to lack some social skills in dealing with different personalities. However, she was clearly TRYING to communicate that she was sorry and wanted to build a relationship with them. And they were JERKS, in my opinion.

Ugh! There are very few contestants this season that I have any respect for. And that's pathetic.

jackie58
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Totally agree about the Jeremy, Chism, and Chris apology. She was trying and they made fun of her...how childish. But I do hope it is not Chism leaving. He really needs the support and seems to maturing as the show progresses. Now Conda, that girl has problems and she causes more problems wherever she goes.

Jennifer 3FC
02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I'll be happy to see this season be over! I really liked Cassandra until they threw the weigh in. I hate it when people 'play the game'. I've never been tempted with $250,000 but I don't see how I could ever throw a weigh in to push somebody else out. Has anybody ever thrown a weigh in and it didn't bite them in the butt? I can't think of one. If nothing else, they lose respect of their trainers. Bob worked so hard with them all week long - all SEASON long - and they all just blow that opportunity and waste his time to push somebody out. I think it's really sad for the people that wanted to get on the show but got passed over for this bunch of whiny babies. I didn't like Daphne (I did at the start, but she also was responsible for a lot of drama and revenge) but I would have much rather see her go out honestly.

With that said, I hope Emily wins. And I hope Roy wins the eliminated prize. He was one of the few with integrity.

Bette k
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I would love if they made it so anyone at home who loses more weight than those on the ranch could bump the finalist and take their place. I'm willing to bet that everyone who has gone home has lost much more weight than those still on the ranch.

Ilene
02-25-2012, 10:07 PM
OMG there is actually a Biggest Loser : I Dislike Conda Page
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Biggest-Loser-I-Dislike-Conda-Page/156969541080942#!/pages/Biggest-Loser-I-Dislike-Conda-Page/156969541080942) :lol: ...

Lyla
02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
OMG there is actually a Biggest Loser : I Dislike Conda Page
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Biggest-Loser-I-Dislike-Conda-Page/156969541080942#!/pages/Biggest-Loser-I-Dislike-Conda-Page/156969541080942) :lol: ...

Funny thing, has more fans than Conda Page :dizzy:

safyre
02-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Wonder how Mark can get away with just talking about it like that? Bet the next news will be a lawsuit for breach of contract or something...

Funny you should mention that - all those tweets are now gone.

ringmaster
02-26-2012, 10:24 AM
I didn't read Mark's tweets (just what's posted here) but we don't know who was left when he left. Mark is probably aware of the article saying contestants left because of the eliminated contestants having a chance to come back so might be covering himself. either he left because he was mad over losing his/Chism's chance at the big prize or mad that a certain contestant came back- for all we know maybe Conda was eliminated and was one who actually came back then. Have to admit the drama is interesting at times!

hotHealthy4life
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
OMG...just watched the last episode today and I can't believe than nobody has still written her name down! Is she related to a serial killers clan, or what? And how can she be so influential in the house - she's immature and a liar and a drama maker and she's younger than most people there - how can she have such a leading role? How???

And about the previous episode, I was so sad they sent Roy home... He clearly was a bit separated from the team, but he seems like a nice man, and his numbers are fantastic. And seeing Dolvett with a kid...well, fan-girling was never my style , but will he please just come and marry me?! He's sooooo hot!

shawnamadonna1013
02-27-2012, 12:23 AM
I agree! Dolvett is Gorgeous!!

maryshady
02-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Been searching the net for Biggest Loser chats and discussions. Everyone pretty much feels the same way we do. Dislikes the show, angry at the level of smut it has become, & hoping for a change next season. A lot of people said they have chosen to stop- watching. Hope the producers get the hint and go back to the inspirational show it used to be. A little drama is ok but the type of audience Biggest Loser draws does not want this constant, in your face, tension.

ontarget
02-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I even wondered if the producers "wanted and urged" the walkout. The show is suffering and needs a boost. That gave it a lot of publicity. Just saying.....

I agree with Pam that folks should be eliminated by the scales not by clique votes.

safyre
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Finally, a bit of an inspirational episode

cherrypie
02-29-2012, 02:10 AM
wow, did you notice Conda didn't have a little bit after the challenge like everyone else did? maybe they are listening.

MindiV
02-29-2012, 07:40 AM
So if two walked out and Chism had already gone home...we know Mark was one. Who was the second? Maybe Chism was the one they brought back? Or maybe I'm confused...it IS early....

maryshady
02-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I dvr'ed the show and starting watching an hour in. FF thru every bit that had to do with Conda, Kim, or Mark. Wow he is the most entitled person I have ever seen. I know it was his son and all but he is not the first person on the show's history that had to watch a family member go home! The way he was talking to Allie..."MAKE IT HAPPEN". Did you see the look on her face! Do have to say I have a new found respect for Chism. Much better person than his father. But his weight loss was dismal. Since they threw the weigh in last time and he lost like 2 lbs. He should have had an awesome number.

I read on another chat group that it was all the eliminated contestants coming back for a chance to win the prize. You would think Mark would have been excited that Chism would have another chance at it.

Check out the I dislike Conda page on FB. Funny stuff but some of it is mean too!

I still don't really connect with anyone. I used to like Cassandra but she is just weird. I do like Emily as I feel she was the only one who had an epiphany after the weigh in last week. I think I am ok with the girl with the horses & Santa's wife. Time will tell with this group of people. :(

pam920
02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
I still don't like many of them. Emily kicked butt. Cassandra will put the weight back on when she goes home, IMO. Still can't stand Mark. I see where Conda gets her big mouth (her mother). Good to see Santa again. I really like him.

It could still be Conda leaving for good. The show is taped in advance. The show wasn't an inspiration to me. I just don't like this group of whiners.

SanityNow
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
The show is...like I can't look away. Such drama when Chism was being sent home...you would think he was going off to the gallows. Ugh. And the bits that I saw when they were home...do they learn anything about nutrition...I really didn't hear (and again, I channel-switch) any comments about how unhealthful a lot of their home foods were...just about losing weight. Like when one of them said his friends could eat all of that #$## bar food because they had worked on their bodies...if they really worked on their bodies, they wouldn't be eating all of that fried junk. And the commercial about that 'healthy peanut butter cereal'. Again, I can't stand most of it but can't not watch.

The one impressive thing about the show is how Dovett seems to be genuinely concerned about all of the contestants...it's really nice.

safyre
02-29-2012, 09:35 AM
I was impressed with the show last night, it did make me cry - finally! And I can understand Marks emotion for his son, the weigh ins have got to be an exhausting emotional roller coaster & while people see loved ones go home all the time, I don't think he was far off base for his reaction. I can't fault him for trying to sacrifice himself for his son. And Chism earned a great deal of respect from me last night.

I think the sweetest moment for me though was when Chris got home, walked in the door & locked eyes with Roy. You could literally see the love they have for one another pouring out of them. I can only hope to still look at my husband the same way when we're in our golden years.

Candeka
02-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah, last night was the first episode I cried during this season. Poor Chism. I can completely understand why his father would ask to leave instead. Mark is at a much better weight that Chism and a parent always wants to sacrifice for their child. I didn't catch the whole episode, just the weigh in, so I don't know of any drama that went on last night.

Ilene
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
My take on the two, supposedly, walking out, is that it was Chism and Mark but only Chism left because it was his time to leave...

It was a pretty tame episode last night to say the least...

Also the way they were editing made it look like no one at home did well, where in fact, they all did exceptionaly well...

ddc
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I was really concerned for Chris when she was lying on the floor shaking and Bob was just standing over her almost laughing.
I was wanting to scream at the tv "help her, she's having a seizure!" I guess she was ok though. They showed her right back on the rowing machine. :?:

cherrypie
02-29-2012, 11:35 AM
I was impressed with the show last night, it did make me cry - finally! And I can understand Marks emotion for his son, the weigh ins have got to be an exhausting emotional roller coaster & while people see loved ones go home all the time, I don't think he was far off base for his reaction. I can't fault him for trying to sacrifice himself for his son. And Chism earned a great deal of respect from me last night.

I think the sweetest moment for me though was when Chris got home, walked in the door & locked eyes with Roy. You could literally see the love they have for one another pouring out of them. I can only hope to still look at my husband the same way when we're in our golden years.

:lol: she's 42. I don't know if that qualifies as "golden"

I agree with you about Mark. He's almost a normal weight and he's watching his still dangerously obese son go home where he already hasn't done well. I wish they would have let him take his place.

safyre
02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Haha, I forgot about that - that hair throws me off!
How about 'golden' in MARRIAGE years?

Ilene
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Chris and Santa, I think they have quite an age gap between the two...I kinda hope that she wins so that she can fix their house, I found that really sad...

Jan2012
02-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Bob is used to seeing them fall down after a hard workout, but Chris was hyperventilating! ...

Kim (horse girl's mother) said she "is no longer a type 2 diabetic" I didn't know diabetes2 can be cured, then I looked it up and they could lose weight and go into "remission where they no longer need medication" so I was like wow

ontarget
02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I think Mark's reaction was because he had to witness it and is genuinely concerned for his son's health. I can see a parent being demanding trying to help a child, but I am glad BL stood their ground with him. I think there was a lot edited out of that segment. The video seemed to jump a little to where Chism made his stand about leaving. Just saying......

I did like the inspiration I got last night. I even told my dh that I thought they might have re-edited that episode to leave out negativity after all the comments they've been receiving.

ennay
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I'll be happy to see this season be over! I really liked Cassandra until they threw the weigh in. .

I actually liked Cassandra MORE after that. Because I think she was genuinely ashamed of having gone along with it.

I like Cassandra, starting to like Emily a bit, like Buddy.

The going home thing was interesting. Holy crap - Cassandra's house was TINY and that is I think where she grew up with her nine siblings.

And then you compare that to Kim. I will say for sure "single mom of 3" I was not expecting a freaking mansion. They were very careful not to show a direct outside shot of her house, but it was clearly enormous.

I think Mark and Chism honestly thought that if they just kept moving and were healthy they would have the 5% easy - they both fell short because they didnt do the intensity. Ultimate frisbee is great for their return to real life. Not so much when in TBL competition. I've played it. Fair bit of recovery time mixed in with brief sprints.

I would have died during the rowing competition, not from the rowing, I like rowing, but seriously I was struggling to breathe just WATCHING the people crowding around them like that. I would have been "Back the heck up and give me some AIR". I thought Kim had a big advantage having a much bigger room.

ringmaster
02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
after seeing Santa's house I really hope him or Chris win or atleast win the at home prize, would make this season end nicely to atleast see a prize go to someone who really needs it.

fyreflie24
02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok we have to give it up for Emily! That bakery is called Amelie's and is about 20 mins from my house. No way I would walk in there at this point LOL... oh and those salted brownies are TO DIE FOR! So good for you Emily!

It was nice to feel the show was returning to something resembling it's 'roots'. I hope Chism learned a valuable lesson about how to handle the home situation and does well in the end. He's a baby; and kids just deserve a chance. Hopefully the show will redeem itself in the coming weeks.

Is kind of odd that someone is just now hitting 100 lbs. I know John, from last season, lost the fastest 100 lbs but still... Well, we'll see! The finale isn't that far away!

ennay
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Part of it is for whatever reason there were not the monster losses in week 1 there normally are.

Plus there was a lot of speculation that John had gained weight intentionally to get on the show and was fitter than he let on.

ontarget
02-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

maryshady
03-01-2012, 06:40 AM
John tied Moses for the weight loss record (100 lbs in 6 weeks, i think). I also think there were quite a few more who did it in 7 weeks time.

safyre
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Keep in mind, the main reason there was no drama is because they were not around each other. Hopefully the drama will ease or they will edit out most of it for more motivational footage but I'm not too hopeful on that just because of the hints Mark dropped in his tweets before they were removed.

Lyla
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Saw laast night.
Yeah very inspirational, was about time.

I actually liked Chism a little bit more, but at the end when he said that we have to go to nbc to see his changes, i arrived to his facebook and saw a comment he left on Conda's page, said that people have to support her even with her attitude cause she is making a very important change and blah blah blah ... no dude, this is not how it work, you have to earn the right to be liked, nothing is for free.

ennay
03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I actually liked Chism a little bit more, but at the end when he said that we have to go to nbc to see his changes,

I hope they dont do that every week. I probably wouldnt make it through the weigh in but I like the eliminated player bit.

.....oh heck no. I didnt even make it through 90 seconds of the vblog. YAAAAAAWN

cherrypie
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I was disapointed I couldn't see the blog in canada

TooManyDimples
03-04-2012, 09:09 PM
The way Mark reacted actually made me like him a little bit for the first time. He had a point. His young son is dangerously obese still and he's nearing a normal weight. That is the right time to see a parent want to sacrifice their place for their child.

I didn't watch most of the show because frankly I don't like most of the contestants so I just fast forwarded through most of it. Definitely looking forward to this season being over.

Oh and I'm definitely pulling for Emily now.

cherrypie
03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
:lol: I guess we just have nothing to say about this week

canadianwoman
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM
:lol: I guess we just have nothing to say about this week

I just saw the episode and I wondered why they got such low numbers at the scale. Jeremy still has a lot of weight to lose and he probably could have done better then a 7 lb loss. At least a 10.

Also I am not a fan of Conda. If she rolled her eyes one more time I was worried they might roll right out of her head and Emily needs a much better more positive attitude. It just seems like a lot of the women atre not too grateful to be there.

I would be happy to take thier place. I know he bats for the other side but Bob was really rocking that beard this week. Mmmmmmmm.

Ilene
03-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I liked the thread was more exciting when there was more drama on the show :lol:

canadianwoman
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I liked the thread was more exciting when there was more drama on the show :lol:

Maybe next week they will all wise up and kill Conda, after a sufficient foot race and a water challenge. :)

ringmaster
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM

yepp was wondering if anyone watched or not. guess the most exciting thing was putting Dolvett in tights :D

TooManyDimples
03-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I just watched it this morning... Ugh. Seriously, in a week where Conda is absolutely safe she still has to stir the pot?

Of course if the red team lost the black team is going to vote off one of the guys, she really had to go behind her teams back and tell the guys something they already know? And I seriously doubt they told Conda they wanted her to vote Jeremy off, there is a reason we didn't see the actual conversation. Drama.

I just can't believe she has pretty much everyone wrapped around her finger. I hope they're all at home watching the show back now and they see things that happened behind their backs as well as right in front of their faces.

There didn't have to be any drama this week, but she just can't help herself it seems.

ontarget
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm glad they are going singles. Hope they use the yellow line. Hope Conda and Jeremy fall below that line. I think Conda gets a lot of her strength from having him there. Other than that--she's a bully. I think most of the others are afraid to have her get in their faces. Just saying.....

maryshady
03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I felt like she lost the challenge on purpose and she threw her weigh knowing she was safe. They purposely planned to get Cassandra off one of the biggest threats in the house. They posted on another page who the final three are. If you want to know I will share.

I think I am done watching this season and I think that is what happened to this board. I think most people have stopped watching. I can't think of one person besides Emily that I like. Did see a different side of Kim this week though. I know they will go after Emily next.

I think the producers did that change up this week for the same reason. So they could keep the evil people on and get rid of the ones who are not in their click. I am hoping the singles helps but I don't think so.

Italiannie
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I stopped watching. Doesn't sound like I've missed much. Waiting for next season.

canadianwoman
03-10-2012, 11:51 AM
They posted on another page who the final three are. If you want to know I will share.

I'd like to know who the final three are.

Nevermind, I found the Facebook page.

Ruze
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
The reason I used to like Biggest Loser was because you could relate to the contestants and root for them. I can't relate to any of these mean-spirited people! Especially Conda! Emily is nice, though, I think. I really hope that's not the real final three. :no:

ringmaster
03-10-2012, 04:05 PM
I'd like to know who the final three are.

Nevermind, I found the Facebook page.

I looked ... nooooo way if that's really the final 3. Most seasons they have where people call in and vote from the 2 people below the yellow line who they want in the final 3...I guess they didn't do that this season?

canadianwoman
03-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I looked ... nooooo way if that's really the final 3. Most seasons they have where people call in and vote from the 2 people below the yellow line who they want in the final 3...I guess they didn't do that this season?

If they really are the final 3 then I am pretty much 'meh' with the whole show this season. My favourites got voted off ages ago.

jomatho
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
If they really are the final 3 then I am pretty much 'meh' with the whole show this season. I don't know a lot about Kim but I cannot stand Conda or her brother Jeremy. My favourites got voted off ages ago.

Those three are my LEAST favorite of everyone. If that is the final three, I am DONE! Ick.

TooManyDimples
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
If they really are the final 3 then I am pretty much 'meh' with the whole show this season. I don't know a lot about Kim but I cannot stand Conda or her brother Jeremy. My favourites got voted off ages ago.

:ziplip: I'm probably not the only one who didn't want to read that. This season might suck, but I didn't want to watch the rest of it already knowing who is apparently the final 3. Spoilers are uncool. Just sayin'.

MindiV
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
:ziplip: I'm probably not the only one who didn't want to read that. This season might suck, but I didn't want to watch the rest of it already knowing who is apparently the final 3. Spoilers are uncool. Just sayin'.

Same here....

maryshady
03-10-2012, 06:12 PM

I think they aren't doing that because Buddy & Mark walked off the show so there would be no one left. Unless they still intend to bring back other contestants for a spot.

maryshady
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Sorry about that. That's why I didn't put the names down. Should have kept my mouth shut :(

hotHealthy4life
03-11-2012, 06:24 AM
I finally have my favorites in this season. Emily & Buddy. I can't quite remember why I didn't like Emily before, there was something....but anyways she's my favorite girl in the house. And Buddy was always quiet but hardworking, I always wondered why nobody mentioned him when saying they didn't like the red team. I'm watching last week's episode now and I'm at a ballet part. It's so awesome what Dolvett's doing for the girls! I wonder how tall is he - he doesn't look much taller than the girls. My dreams would be shattered if he's not at leas 5'11'' - he's soooo hoooot....but not if he's shorter than me :(

safyre
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Which FB page?

nevermind, I found the reference!

maryshady
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Ok I was going to stop watching but I couldn't. I will say I fast forwarded through much of it. My thoughts still can't stand Jeremy and Conda. Like Kim better than before. Don't really like anyone else. Just feel like they have become this mean group together. Who in their right mind would make alliances with Jeremy and Conda to begin with. They knew she was mean from the beginning.

Challenge was weighed so Jeremy or Conda could win. Why did they put them together on that circle. Kimmy and her daughter were not together, neither were Kim and Emily. They wanted them to win the shopping trip to show a different side of Conda. Fast forwarded thru that whole part. Not sure why she took Kim probably trying to get her back to the darkside!

Still hate the show but just can't stop watching this has been my favorite show since the inception. Hate what it has become, praying for better next season.

MindiV
03-14-2012, 08:04 AM
I love Jessica Simpson and can stand Kim, so I watched the segment. Feel the same way you do about the challenge and why Conda and Jeremy were together when nobody else was with their remaining teammate. And cannot STAND Mark.

cherrypie
03-14-2012, 11:35 AM
they are definitely trying to redeem conda.

ontarget
03-14-2012, 01:55 PM
I think ya'll are right about their trying to soften Conda. Too little too late for me, though. Kim, however, is back in my graces. Hope she stays there.

Did anyone pick up on there possibly being a love connection between Meghan and Jeremy?

TooManyDimples
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
I think before the challenge started they said they were going to randomly draw for position. I could be wrong though. I thought Allison said that though.

I skipped over the shopping trip, I skipped over a lot actually. I was surprised by Conda's vote, but she probably already knew Emily was going home and that it wouldn't matter if she voted for Kimmy.

I've never disliked Jeremy. He actually has come off pretty decent for the most part. The only reason I would mind seeing him win is because you know Conda will benefit from it. =P

ennay
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree. If Jeremy was not Conda's brother he probably would be my favorite of the remaining contestants. Although I still like Buddy all around.

ddc
03-21-2012, 09:34 AM
So, I don't get why Kimmie didn't put the 'death-lei' on Conda's statue. Kim already had several and was going to be out soon anyway.

cherrypie
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
because kimmy likes conda. Apparantly they all do.

I really liked mark's support of Kim last night. And I love that someone finally said success in the house has nothing to do with actual effort and weightloss it's all about cliques.

anyone else notice mark saying to jeremy during the challenge "no wonder america hates you both" ?

Ilene
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
I really liked mark's support of Kim last night.

anyone else notice mark saying to jeremy during the challenge "no wonder america hates you both" ?

I liked Mark's support for Kim last night too... I am finding Mark quite handsome :yes:

And Kim has got the beginnings of a beautifully sculpted waist...

That is what Mark said?! I thought I heard wrong... Good for him if he did say that :yes:

I like Chris too...

Conda and the daughter, of the lady that was voted out, I just wanna effin punch :frypan:

Did anyone notice CONDA dissing Kim for working extra hard to stay on the show... I was never happier than when Kim lost 5 lbs and never so disappointed when Conda didn't gain...

cherrypie
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
That is what Mark said?! I thought I heard wrong... Good for him if he did say that :yes:

well that's what I heard, what did you hear? :lol:

Ilene
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Not sure, but I did here something to that effect :lol:

ontarget
03-21-2012, 01:33 PM
I heard Mark. Like him so much better after last night's episode. Same for Kim.

SanityNow
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm also glad that Kim lost big pounds...I just wish she would let the rest of them roll off her back more. When people don't like you, they just don't like you and their dislike of you can really do a number on you if you let it. I mean, she's doing GREAT, but she gets this stressed look on her face when she perseverates about having a 'target on her back'...

Candeka
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM

I heard him say "No wonder America hates you both" aswell. I actually laughed at that part.

While I did not like Kim in the past for how she treated the Aqua team, I am starting to see that she is far more determined then anyone else. I can completely understand why she would be annoyed that they voted Emily off due to "strategy", but then kept Megan just because it was between her and her mother, throwing the strategy excuse out the window.

cherrypie
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM
it's unfortunate the people who are really working and not more interested in politics don't have much more to lose. Their weightloss is just going to get slower and slower

anyone else surprised that kimmy was getting letters from her daughter? I thought there was no communication with the outside world.

Candeka
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
anyone else surprised that kimmy was getting letters from her daughter? I thought there was no communication with the outside world.

That is what I thought as well. I was surprised when she said that. Not sure if the producers made an error, or if they thought it would look good since it was a mother/daughter team who got separated and wanted to show that they still support each other.

safyre
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Mark did say that to Jeremy. We had the closed captioning on & that's exactly what they transcribed :)

canadianwoman
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Mark did say that to Jeremy. We had the closed captioning on & that's exactly what they transcribed :)

Hahaha. Did you see Jeremy's face afterwards?

ontarget
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, I'm already ready for next week's show.

Candeka
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Okay, I'm already ready for next week's show.

Me too! I hate waiting.

ennay
03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm on spring break next week AND my MIL is visiting and she despises the show, always has. I can't watch it while she is here. So I will probably be trying to watch next week's episode the following tuesday and then sometime later in the week watching the week after.

ontarget
03-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Can you watch it on your computer in privacy? That's what I do when there's a show I need to see and no one else wants to watch.

Fiyah
03-22-2012, 08:24 AM
I was really rooting for Conda to gain as well, oh well, I have to keep believing that she will fall soon.

I was glad to hear that Kim spoke up about the 'strategy' situation, and I'm betting they showed that clip only because she didn't get to vote or say her piece, since there were already 3 for Kimmy by the time it got to her.

I think the contestants can write home, but they only get letters from home as the show sees fit, so it is kindof one way communication a good part of the time.

ringmaster
03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
interesting noone tried to take Conda out first during the lei challenge. Really, Chris first, like they view her as a threat. Conda has more to lose than Kim so it is interesting noone on the show feels Conda is a threat for winning try to vote her off.

They must have some contact with the outside world since Mark knew America isn't liking Conda... how would he have known if they live in a bubble on the ranch?

on a good note, and whether you like her or not, Kim was looking good in the bikini she wore... some motivation that someones work paid off and she didn't even have skin removal.

ontarget
03-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I was proud for Kim, too. I admit I wasn't a fan of hers at first--but I am now. I hope she wins.

I don't know why folks don't even seem to consider voting or literally anything else against Conda. Makes no sense to me at all.

I think Mark and the others prob had a lot of contact with the world via computer and television while they were home for Christmas. Weren't they home 18 days? I don't think BL could isolate them while they were home.

runningfromfat
03-22-2012, 09:58 PM
I finally got caught up now.

-Ugh, conda, WHY is she still there!?!!??!

- I know this is old news, but I was sad to see Emily go. At this point I could careless who wins.

- Kim, wow, she's does look great, but please can someone put her in a better fitting bikini top? I was worried there was going to be an accident... I would think the biggest loser would be better about fit (however, knowing how their sports bras fit, it's obviously not the case!).

Mostly, I'm just ready for this season to be over.

lostangel05
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Fiyah: I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't rooting for Conda.

Kim did look great in her swimsuit, but I'm not a big fan of hers either.

runningfromfat: I was sad that Emily left. :( She was my fav. Totally agree on Kim needing a better fitting top! lol

Fiyah
03-23-2012, 01:03 AM
It is entirely possible that the ones who are working are loosing inches so fast that what they got her was already ill-fitting by the time Kim wore it. The others all seemed to fit fine, so that would make sense.

jomatho
03-23-2012, 07:17 AM
I finally got caught up now.

-Ugh, conda, WHY is she still there!?!!??!

- I know this is old news, but I was sad to see Emily go. At this point I could careless who wins.

- Kim, wow, she's does look great, but please can someone put her in a better fitting bikini top? I was worried there was going to be an accident... I would think the biggest loser would be better about fit (however, knowing how their sports bras fit, it's obviously not the case!).

Mostly, I'm just ready for this season to be over.

I agree on the suit, I was feeling very self conscious for her, please let the girls stay inside. Of course I know they wouldn't show if they didn't, but man they were just hanging out there. Eeek. She needs a consult with you runningfromfat!!! Other than that, I was impressed she was into that bikini!
She definitely has worked the hardest. Her and Mark probably. Also, Buddy is doing well considering the injury he is dealing with.
I still despise Conda. If they show her rolling her eyes one more time. . .:frypan:

runningfromfat
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
jomatho- Agreed! I would LOVE to go on the biggest loser and help fit those poor girls into well fitting sports bras and swim suits. Sigh... I'm not sure what they're putting them into but those horrific sports bras at weigh-ins look like they provide zero support and I keep seeing them ride up their backs, ahh!!!

So, biggest loser if you're listening I'd be happy to come on the show and fit all the girls into properly fitting bras!!!! :D :lol:

It is entirely possible that the ones who are working are loosing inches so fast that what they got her was already ill-fitting by the time Kim wore it. The others all seemed to fit fine, so that would make sense.

Actually, I think the cups were still too small for her and the band was not nearly supportive enough. It's a shame because she really could look so much better in a well-fitting suit. She looks like she's at least a G cup so a nice underwire swim suit from Freya/Fantasie/Elomi/Curvy Kate/Panache would've done wonders for her!

A well-fitting swim suit can give a lot of lift and support (Conda's suit wasn't doing that either, it just had a lot more coverage). Just to give you an example you can see the difference here: http://www.venusianglow.com/2010/06/bra-sizing-in-swimsuits.html

ontarget
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm impressed. Thank you for the swimwear tips.

runningfromfat
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm impressed. Thank you for the swimwear tips.

No problem! ;)

It kills me that the Biggest Loser doesn't do a better job with it. They focus a lot on clothes after they're done but following seriously weight loss it really does a number on your body, so properly fitting undergarments (and suits!) are an absolute must!

cherrypie
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I was proud for Kim, too. I admit I wasn't a fan of hers at first--but I am now. I hope she wins.

I don't know why folks don't even seem to consider voting or literally anything else against Conda. Makes no sense to me at all.

I think Mark and the others prob had a lot of contact with the world via computer and television while they were home for Christmas. Weren't they home 18 days? I don't think BL could isolate them while they were home.

it didn't start airing till January though.

maryshady
03-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Ugh! So upset this season. Tuesdays used to be my favorite night to watch TV. Now i mostly fast forward thru the show. Still can't stand the sound of Conda's voice. now they are isolating Kim cause she is the biggest threat to them because she really cares about changing her body and making the most of this experience. I am warming up to her a bit. Still disapprove of her earlier behavior but she seems to have grown and is now getting a taste of what Adrian must have been feeling.

Don't like the way they are setting up the challenges. They seem to favor Conda and Jeremy. Why couldn't the challenge have been whoever got the most Lei's won immunity then it would have been every person for themselves. I don't believe even if Conda and Jeremy were working together in that scenario they could have beaten Kim or Mark.

Was glad to see Mark's comments to Kim, if they are sincere. I don't know that I trust him all that much.

Fiyah: I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't rooting for Conda.

l

Lostangel-I don't think anyone beside her family is rooting for her. There are Facebook pages dedicated to dislike of Conda, & BL season 13 because of her.

ontarget
03-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I had forgotten the show didn't start airing till after the holidays.

My husband and I blame Conda for all the negative attitudes on this season. She's like poison that spreads. Just saying.....

Candeka
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
There is a girl in my class that acts just like Conda. She even looks like her (shes about the size that Conda is now). It's actually really hard to deal with the snotty comments some days and I only see her once a week. It makes me believe that Conda must be really nice off camera or something because if she truly acts how she is portrayed, then I think everyone would have sent her home the first week in order to save their own sanity.

ringmaster
03-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I was curious about Kim (have to cheer for someone), I know she said she was a pro wrestler before and I used to watch wrestling but I didn't recall ever seeing her. so of course youtube to the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkl7hAnnPzU can see where she gets her competitiveness here... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcowhpUaNJ0

She was in good shape then, so no wonder her body is snapping back into shape quickly now. Maybe that's why she is viewed as a threat on the show since she could probably make it back down to her fighting weight.

SanityNow
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I was curious about Kim (have to cheer for someone), I know she said she was a pro wrestler before and I used to watch wrestling but I didn't recall ever seeing her. so of course youtube to the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkl7hAnnPzU can see where she gets her competitiveness here... ;)

She was in good shape then, so no wonder her body is snapping back into shape quickly now. Maybe that's why she is viewed as a threat on the show since she could probably make it back down to her fighting weight.

Oh yeah, they're in trouble. Hope she makes it to fw - how great would that be.

mindchange4me
03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
That is so awesome you found Kim on youtube. She is my favorite by far! Gives me motivation every week to push harder

canadianwoman
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM

And she could kick Conda's you-know-what. :lol:

ontarget
03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Kim's my fav, too. Have you noticed she doesn't cuss like she used to do? That was my main turnoff to her earlier. And she won the cookoff!! I am so happy for her.

Did you hear Conda's remark that she does all the cooking for everyone at the ranch? Maybe that's why they are keeping her there.

cherrypie
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
did you see the mention that meagan asked conda to be a bridesmaid? sounds like them trying to make us see conda as a nice person again.

Ilene
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Sandra, I didn't like Kim for that cussing reason either... I think she's softened up all around...

Super happy that Kim, won the cook-off, lost weight and got the money...I too am liking her more and more... ... I agree that Kim is snapping back quite fast to her formerly athletic body, she will look hot at the finale...

Was HAPPY :carrot: that Conda did not win the cook-off, was PISSSSED that she lost weight though... DH noticed that Megan said that she would have Conda as a Bridesmaid :faint: .... with friends like Conda, who needs enemies .....

Ilene
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks. I have not watched the episode yet.Ooops sorry about that ...

Candeka
03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks. I have not watched the episode yet.

Why would you look into a thread about a show that aired last night then lol? Totally going to be spoilers!!!

Candeka
03-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Sandra, I didn't like Kim for that cussing reason either... I think she's softened up all around...

Super happy that Kim, won the cook-off, lost weight and got the money...I too am liking her more and more... ... I agree that Kim is snapping back quite fast to her formerly athletic body, she will look hot at the finale...

Was HAPPY :carrot: that Conda did not win the cook-off, was PISSSSED that she lost weight though... DH noticed that Megan said that she would have Conda as a Bridesmaid :faint: .... with friends like Conda, who needs enemies .....

My husband was sad that it was Megan who went home. He finds her very attractive and wanted to see her lose more weight. He rarely watches the show and even he dislikes Conda.

I am really not shocked about Mark though. He's almost at his goal weight (maybe 10 pounds over depending on height?). Not much room for him there!

ringmaster
03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I got the feeling Jeremy didn't put more effort into the cooking challenge because he was going to let Conda win...or was hoping she'd win

canadianwoman
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Why would you look into a thread about a show that aired last night then lol? Totally going to be spoilers!!!

I wasn't thinking ahead. My fault totally.

canadianwoman
03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Ooops sorry about that ...

Actually it was my fault so I apologize for what I said to you earlier. I should not have come into this thread before I saw the episode.

I'm going to ask to have that post of mine removed.

ontarget
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought Jeremy had an "I don't care" attitude, too. He comes across that way a lot. Could it be a defense?

maryshady
03-29-2012, 06:46 AM
I wonder if Meghan has a thyroid problem. Don't they do all kinds of tests on them before the show starts though? I find it truly amazing she was working out hard for like 8 hours a day and eating right and only lost 4 lbs. Seemed like she really upped her workouts that week vs. previous weeks. Shouldn't her weight loss have been really big? Maybe there is an underlying medical cause. Maybe that is why she has the lowest % in the house. Maybe she wasn't pushing herself as hard as she could have but she certainly has pushed herself so much more than Conda has all season!

Couldn't believe when it said Conda would be a bridesmaid. Yuck!!! She does have low self esteem & sometimes when people do not have a good opinion of themselves they surround themselves with people who will continually reinforce their own self beliefs.

Happy for Kim. Have to say I am liking her more each week. I kind of like Buddy too now. I guess they are the best of the bunch that is left. Never could stand Jeremy either.

Did Allison mean that Kim is the BL % wise in the house so far?

maryshady
03-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Loved. Loved, Loved it when Bob was laughing at Conda and told her to quit her bit*$ing and keep moving. Bob, a man after my heart! lol!!!

Ilene
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Loved. Loved, Loved it when Bob was laughing at Conda and told her to quit her bit*$ing and keep moving. Bob, a man after my heart! lol!!! I thought the same :cheer:

Ilene
03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Actually it was my fault so I apologize for what I said to you earlier. I should not have come into this thread before I saw the episode.

I'm going to ask to have that post of mine removed.No problem :hug:

ontarget
03-29-2012, 10:38 AM
I want to say something--I really really like all of you. This is a great group of folks here. I am enjoying being here with you talking about BL.

I copied this from another website:

Statistics:

This week:

Kim 4.09%
Conda 3.23%
Chris 2.30%
Jeremy 2.26%
Buddy 2.18%
Megan 2.05%
Mark 0.00% (.50% with 1# adv.)

To date:

Kim 34.92%
Buddy 33.25%
Jeremy 33.16%
Mark 31.27%
Chris 29.17%
Conda 28.57%
Megan 26.25%

Also someone on that site mentioned that Meghan was down to 191 when she left the ranch; then on the at-home segment she weighed 189. Wonder how much time had lapsed?

TooManyDimples
03-29-2012, 12:34 PM

I'm going to ask to have that post of mine removed.

You are aware that about two weeks ago you came in here and announced who they are saying is the final 3 on another site right? I mean talk about a spoiler. Anyway, I'm just still pretty annoyed about that.

I'm pulling for Kim, especially since I was made aware of that whole final 3 thing against my will. I hope she wins for sure.

maryshady
03-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I want to say something--I really really like all of you. This is a great group of folks here. I am enjoying being here with you talking about BL.

I do too. Every time I log on to my computer I come check this thread to see if anyone has added anything new.

I noticed that about Meghan too. Don't know but you would think at least 12 weeks. There are still 4-5 episodes including the finale and then they go home for 12 weeks (I think)?

Thanks for the stats very interesting! Conda has one of the lowest % but came in as the heaviest woman.

Candeka
03-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I am glad that I am starting to like the show more. I wonder if the producers heard everyone's complaints about it showing as catty and maybe they reworked the episodes to look more inspirational?

It's crazy to look at those youtube videos of Kim and then look back at her starting picture from the beginning of the season. You'd have no idea it was was her!

ontarget
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm liking the show better again, too. I do think the producers were listening. I know Bob was.

Somni
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the stats very interesting! Conda has one of the lowest % but came in as the heaviest woman.

She's too busy focusing on drama and gameplay (and possibly $$ if she was one of the contestants to walk off) to worry about silly ol' weight loss! :p

I haven't watched for weeks now, but I happened to be at the gym later than usual on Tues and it was on the big TV. I missed a lot because I still had my music on so was following the subtitles which aren't great, but it seemed like the show was in a much much better place compared to where I left off. Minimal drama, people working together and being decent towards each other, etc. I will probably tune in again and see how it goes.

Though I did want to throw something at Conda's head when she seemed so smug during the cooking challenge, but maybe I just have Conda-bias at this point. :)

canadianwoman
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
You are aware that about two weeks ago you came in here and announced who they are saying is the final 3 on another site right? I mean talk about a spoiler. Anyway, I'm just still pretty annoyed about that.

Yes, I am aware of that post of mine and I am also sorry that I did that. It was bad judgement on my part and will not happen again.

canadianwoman
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Loved. Loved, Loved it when Bob was laughing at Conda and told her to quit her bit*$ing and keep moving. Bob, a man after my heart! lol!!!

I laughed at that too. Go Bob.

pam920
03-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Looking at the weight loss percentages. I can understand Buddy, with his injury, but Conda and Jeremy, being two of the largest at the beginning of the season, I would have expected more from them. I really think they are there for the money and will regain when the show is over.

Kim is doing great. I did not like her in the beginning, but she has redeemed herself in my eyes. She is an *in your face* girl, and very outspoken. I tell it like it is, so I can relate, but I'm not mean like she was at the start of the show.

I never did find where the spoilers were about the final three, so I'm still in the dark.

Sandra, we like you too. You are such a sweet and caring person.

Ilene
03-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Sandra, we like you too. You are such a sweet and caring person.Ditto!!

ontarget
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Aw gosh thanks. I like ya'll, too.

Pam, I think you're right about Conda and Jeremy. You can look at Jeremy and see he's not interested in working the program. Conda's probably the same.

cherrypie
03-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Aw gosh thanks. I like ya'll, too.

Pam, I think you're right about Conda and Jeremy. You can look at Jeremy and see he's not interested in working the program. Conda's probably the same.

and there are so many people out there that would have gotten so much out of being at the ranch.

ontarget
03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
That's true. I hope next season's folks are there to better their lives healthwise and are not there to scheme.

ennay
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Did I miss much from last week's show? I FINALLY got a chance to sit down to watch it and it was preempted by something else here and only the weigh in was broadcast. I could probably find it on hulu but not sure I want to bother

Also - I worry about Kim next week.(tonight) I think she dehydrated herself to make that $7000. Her eyes had that look.

My first thought upon seeing that Conda is a bridesmaid was "Hmm...so how much of the wedding is TBL paying for to make THAT happen"

ontarget
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I hadn't thought about TBL paying for the wedding. You might have something there.

maryshady
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Did you see that tonites episode will only be an hour with no elimination! Also heard every show from now on will only be an hour.

ennay
04-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Did you see that tonites episode will only be an hour with no elimination! Also heard every show from now on will only be an hour.

I was excited about this until I figured out this also meant to be continued...

cherrypie
04-04-2012, 01:25 AM
uggh. Wish I knew that when I started watching. I was all pissed off for half the show thinking I hadn't recorded the other half.

maryshady
04-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Chris looked fabulous. Wow who would have thought she could look so young!!
I thought Mark looked horrible. The bald head looks good on some men (Dolvett)! but he looked so much older. I fastforwarded thru Conda's & Jeremy's plus every part that they let her talk. Guess the producers haven't gotten the idea. Most die hard BL fans hate this season and can't stand her. Stop letting her talk already!

Kim looked fabulous too! Buddy looked good too.

Thought going to the White House was a little much for a reality show :(

Looks like Chris may be going home next week.

Darn I sound negative today. Just still so mad my very favorite show has been completely wrecked. I usually love make over week and just was not that interested in it.

maryshady
04-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I was excited about this until I figured out this also meant to be continued...

Yeah they have now made the worst season ever even longer!:mad:

ringmaster
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Thought going to the White House was a little much for a reality show :(

Looks like Chris may be going home next week.

I thought the White House trip is a nice prize for them, but feel these contestants, or atleast Conda aren't the ones who really deserve it. Same when she met Jessica Simpson...oh well, I hope Conda knew how to act nice and polite with the famous people.

Glad Chris got this far though. I wonder if she wanted her hair dyed or wanted to keep the Mrs. Clause look. Maybe she could of pulled of a light blonde.

Exhale15
04-04-2012, 08:41 AM
How amazing what they've accomplished in 14 weeks. Although they are in an artificial environment, makes me think I could be doing more for my 'losing'.

cherrypie
04-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I was kinda disapointed they coloured Chris's hair. But she did look really really young. and kim looked fabulous.

I have to say this makeover was so much less annoying then some of the past ones where they had those stupid fashion shows, or red carpet things, or the cinderella thing they did a couple years ago. lol

MindiV
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Just one year I want it to be all women on the ranch when they get to makeover week. I don't even watch the guys' makeovers.

As much as I don't like her, Conda's hair was really pretty and worked well with her face shape. I liked the color too.

Fiyah
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I was sorry they didn't keep Kim in that red number... that looked FABULOUS! And at a size 6, I'm not sure she has much more to loose. The +1 pound for the weigh-in could seriously do someone in. I really hope Conda or Jeremy will finally go home!

selway
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Did you notice that Conda wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love? And they really played up the single mom angle for her. I will be so disappointed if she wins it all.

debigulating
04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
The women all looked great - they did a wonderful job on Chris and she does indeed look 20 years younger. Kim looked phenomenal in the red, I agree. Conda's hair makes her look much more grown up than the long shapeless thing she was doing before. And thank god Mark got rid of the goatee! Kudos to the stylists, they did great!

ennay
04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, I thought Mark desperately needed the goatee. Trimmed up, but his face looked flabby without it and the bags under his eyes were more prominent.

Buddy looked good I think

I liked Kim in the red, but she looked downright skinny in the black dress.

I liked Chris's hair and makeup but not the dress.

cherrypie
04-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Did you notice that Conda wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love? And they really played up the single mom angle for her. I will be so disappointed if she wins it all.

I think they are still trying to redeem her. Sadly the rest of the case is still getting short changed as far as screen time though. It's the conda show now.

I always roll my eyes a bit when they make a bid thing about donating hair. It's not the hair that makes wigs expensive it's the labour that goes into prepping the hair and making the wigs.

ddc
04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I wish they'd kept Chris's hair her natural color and I didn't like the cut at all.

And I cannot stand to hear Conda's whiny high pitched crying voice anymore!! I'm just going to skip over her from now on.

So, how many more weeks til finale??

mariposssa
04-04-2012, 07:57 PM
At least tonight's show had a better feeling similar to previous seasons...there was some inspiration, some emotion, etc. I even teared up a couple of times. Finally, an episode worth watching this season.

I didn't like the cut/style on Chris, either.

Conda still looks WAY too heavy. It makes me wonder if they have tampered with her numbers to keep her there for the sake of the drama. She was the largest woman coming into the house, I just think she should have had a more noticeable difference in size/weight.

PghGal
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I wish that Conda would just go home!! She can get as many makeovers as she wants, but nothing external will change the venom that courses through her veins. Sorry, had to say it!!

Kim looks great - a size 6 seemed kind of small for a woman who weighs 175lbs, but maybe she has a tiny frame.

All in all, a good week, loved the episode. I was kinda feeling sorry for Jeremy who didn't get his own entrance in the end. He seems to exist in Conda's shadow.

Fiyah
04-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I was kinda feeling sorry for Jeremy who didn't get his own entrance in the end. He seems to exist in Conda's shadow.

I agree. the least they could have done is have them come in together to get the reactions of the trainers, then bring in the family to see the both of them.

Candeka
04-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I actually loved Chris's hair. She looked 20 years younger!!! As for Kim being a size 6, I am having trouble believing it. If you look at the Hawaii episode, she was in a bikini but still had a pretty big stomach that she couldnt have lost in 2 weeks (I think it was 2 weeks). If she is a size 6, it just seems crazy to me since I am 35 pounds lighter and a size 10/11 but who knows.

As for Conda, she looked great. She is still very heavy but her hair looked really nice!

MindiV
04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I can believe Kim as a 6...I weighed 147 and wore a size 4 jeans. Guess it depends on height and how the weight is carried. Isn't she tall?

Ilene
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I actually loved Chris's hair. She looked 20 years younger!!! As for Kim being a size 6, I am having trouble believing it. If you look at the Hawaii episode, she was in a bikini but still had a pretty big stomach that she couldnt have lost in 2 weeks (I think it was 2 weeks). If she is a size 6, it just seems crazy to me since I am 35 pounds lighter and a size 10/11 but who knows.

As for Conda, she looked great. She is still very heavy but her hair looked really nice!I agree about Kim, that dress did not look like a size 6 at all, but then again manufacturers vary a lot... Conda did look quite heavy still, I feel that she is not losing as fast as she should be...

ontarget
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I loved Chris's hair color but not the cut. Looked too chopped.

Still don't like Conda. Have ya'll seen her wall on Facebook? Interesting.

mariposssa
04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Exactly. I liked the color; but not the cut and style.

ringmaster
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM

just took a peak at her FB. although I don't like how she acted towards the other contestants and even to the trainers, I feel kinda sorry for her. It's gotta hurt to come home and see all these people disliking you. Hope she has a thick skin and doesn't let it effect her too much. As just about everyone here has been overweight at one time, I think we know how quickly words can take a huge blow to our self esteem. Sadly, I think at this point even if Conda wanted to say sorry most people won't believe it or will just say "I told you so"

selway
04-06-2012, 04:49 PM
If I go look at the Facebook pages is it going to give away the end of the show? Yes this was the worst season, but I'm still watching it and don't want to know too much.....

debbieOBX
04-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I also think this is the worst season. Conda needs to go home!!

ontarget
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Selway, someone saw something somewhere about the final 3. I don't know if they saw it on that page or not. I just looked at the first part of the page and saw a post from Conda. (I still don't like her by the way.) If you're worried about a "give away", you might want to steer clear. I don't know what's beeen posted since I was there a few days ago.

maryshady
04-11-2012, 08:40 AM
No surprises on this weeks episode. Expected Chris to go home. Santa is a bit selfish if you ask me. So glad to see how well she is doing at home. Down another 15 + lbs! Yeah for her!

I think I threw up a little bit when Bob said Conda has had a change of heart. Guess he figures she is his only chance of winning this season. The only way I would believe she had changed was if she offered an apology for her horrendous actions the first half of the season. Don't see that happening.

Can't wait to see who they bring back to compete to be in the final 3 or 4. Think that episode is in two weeks.

MindiV
04-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I also thought Santa was way selfish there. I mean, if my spouse was still on the ranch, fighting to get healthy and live longer while trying to win a ton of money and sponsorships, etc., I'd be fully supportive. Maybe he needs to talk to somebody about co-dependency or depression.

Fiyah
04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Santa is a bit selfish if you ask me.
I agree. I know it is hard to be separated, but suck it up and want the best for your partner.

I think I threw up a little bit when Bob said Conda has had a change of heart.
I agree here too, and when Kim was having her emotional moment after the vote, did you see the condescending way she patted her and then gave one of her trademark eyerolls? OMG, I wish she would just go!

ringmaster
04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
ha... Did yous see Conda's face when Bob was talking to Chris when they were on the treadmills? She had that look like "noooooo Bob I want her to go home, don't encourage her"

did anyone join the Presidential challenge? I just tried but looks like there is a problem registering

Ilene
04-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I also thought Santa was way selfish there. I mean, if my spouse was still on the ranch, fighting to get healthy and live longer while trying to win a ton of money and sponsorships, etc., I'd be fully supportive. Maybe he needs to talk to somebody about co-dependency or depression. Selfish is an understatement here... OMG I was screaming at the TV :lol: «Stoopid men/husbands» «BIG baby» etc... DH was right there too :lol: poor guy, but he knows I speak of other men, because he would never do that... I used to like Santa but now, NOT! I am glad though that Chris was able to keep losing weight at home... And you know, Chris needs the money, from a few episodes back, their house needs big repairs, maybe she'll win the at home prize :shrug:

I just want to bop :frypan: Conda :rolleyes: she's so full of it...

cherrypie
04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm starting to look forward to seeing who is going home.

And why are none of the trainers telling Mark the reason he isn't losing weight is because he's got barely any more to lose? :lol:

selway
04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I too think Santa was selfish but I was wondering if there were other issues that they didn't go into? Severe depression - like can't physically get out of bed depression. That's the only reason that I can see Chris asking if he needed her to come home - to help take care of the kids, etc. Otherwise, how many weeks did she really have left? There are so few people left on the ranch that even if she made it to the finals she would be home in a few weeks and most anyone could suck it up for that long.

Can't wait to see next week's episode! I'm still looking at this forum, but don't know why the thing happened (being vague in case someone didn't watch the previews and doesnt' read past forum posts) and can't wait to find out next week.

cherrypie
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
who took care of the house and kids when he wasn't there either?

ennay
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
who took care of the house and kids when he wasn't there either?

When a couple goes on TBL gives some money to them to help with bills, childcare, etc. Once you go home that is done.

ddc
04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I was wondering how did Chris get all that binge food anyway??!!
And why was she even calling Roy? Seemed kind of staged. Or, they have more privileges than they let on about.
Yeah, and Kim going on and on at the elimination-Chris was the one leaving, let her talk.

maryshady
04-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I was wondering how did Chris get all that binge food anyway??!!
And why was she even calling Roy? Seemed kind of staged. Or, they have more privileges than they let on about.
Yeah, and Kim going on and on at the elimination-Chris was the one leaving, let her talk.

I was wondering that too. I thought they took everything away from them when they got to the ranch.

MindiV
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Was she on the ranch or still in DC in a hotel room?

selway
04-11-2012, 05:08 PM
I thought it was a hotel room (bed looked different) - but it did seem like she had a pile of bad food. Maybe they had to do their own grocery shopping for the week?

ontarget
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
The food and containers looked staged for the cameras after her binge.

Candeka
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought the speech from Bob about Conda sounded scripted....

ontarget
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I thought it sounded scripted, too.

mariposssa
04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah. I thought it sounded like bs...they are trying to give her a better edit like Kim. Probably means she is in the final four.:mad:

pam920
04-11-2012, 09:21 PM
the binge eating was definitely staged, as was the phone call. I thought they were cut off from everyone while on the ranch. That is why they look forward to rewards with video, phone calls from home, etc.

No redeeming Conda for me. The only good thing I can say about her is I like her new hair style and she looked pretty.

I was surprised that Kim kept talking and talking. Chris was leaving, not her.

ringmaster
04-11-2012, 11:35 PM
it did look like Chris was in a hotel room. I thought maybe she ordered room service for the food. Maybe they all had access to phones then too... seems like "no contact with the outside world" rule has been thrown out this season... I noticed there hasn't been many challenges where they get phone calls or letters from home (think there was one in the beginning and that was it?)

mariposssa
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
the binge eating was definitely staged, as was the phone call. I thought they were cut off from everyone while on the ranch. That is why they look forward to rewards with video, phone calls from home, etc.

No redeeming Conda for me. The only good thing I can say about her is I like her new hair style and she looked pretty.

I was surprised that Kim kept talking and talking. Chris was leaving, not her.

I thought the same thing about Kim. Chris got eliminated, but Kim sure made it ALL about her, didn't she? yikes. The food that Chris was eating...some of it seemed to be room service; but some of it was store brand--WM or Kroger--the same kind I have in my pantry. Interesting that a Biggest Loser contestant would have store brand PB in her room. How/where would she have gotten it?

ETA: interesting link about former contestants saying it was staged because of the peanut butter and the tape over the label of the mayo. AND, room service isn't allowed, either. hmmm If you go to this site there are some SPOILERS.
http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2012/04/11/former-contestants-say-last-nights-biggest-loser-binge-was-staged/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=former-contestants-say-last-nights-biggest-loser-binge-was-staged

MindiV
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I wondered when I saw the full jar of PB and the full jar of mayo. I figured it was a hotel, but didn't see how a hotel would bring full, new jars of the stuff to a room.

ennay
04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I noticed during the binge the brand name of the peanut butter was visible. Did Jif pay product placement? "The only PB to eat during a binge!!"

cherrypie
04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
was Bob wearing jeans at the white house?

QuilterInVA
04-12-2012, 10:58 AM
They actually have access to a full range of food and have to prepare their own meals. They can eat as much as they want whenever they want.

mariposssa
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
They prepare their own meals on the ranch. That binge was in a hotel room, in front of cameras, with a jar of mayo that had tape over the label and perfect lighting. TOTALLY staged.

canadianwoman
04-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I wondered when I saw the full jar of PB and the full jar of mayo. I figured it was a hotel, but didn't see how a hotel would bring full, new jars of the stuff to a room.

They would not because the jars of pb and mayo a hotel has in it's kitchen would be HUGE in comparison to these jars and a hotel would get thier supplies from a food service company, not a local grocery store.

canadianwoman
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
They actually have access to a full range of food and have to prepare their own meals. They can eat as much as they want whenever they want.

At the ranch, yes. In a hotel room, no.

maryshady
04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I was under the impression that had to make out shopping lists while on the ranch and people went out to purchase the food for them. Don't think they have a unlimited amount of food or unhealthy food on the ranch unless it is during a challenge.

debigulating
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Little late chiming in.

BAD SANTA. I would freakin' kill my husband if he guilted me into giving up on such a huge opportunity! And boo on Chris for giving in. I hate the trend in recent seasons of all these people asking to go home bc they miss their families. I understand, it's hard. I'm a military wife. I have to do without my husband sometimes. But time passes, you'll go home again soon. Do what you can with the opportunity you have been given! Ahhhh that made me so mad.

YES, Bob in jeans in the white house??? Are you kidding me???

I thought Mrs. Obama was adorable. I actually laughed out loud at the "can't a first lady get a towel?" It's interesting how personable she has set herself up to be, like a regular average jane.

Chris's binge was just sad. I wish they hadn't shown it, or focused on it in such a pornographic way (she slaaathers on the mayo. She scoops out the pb and tenderly spreads it on the banana. etc). It really was just sad. She looked so disengaged with the whole thing. That is not what BL is about... It's one thing to be like "I binge-ate last night" but to show it in such detail seemed callous and unnecessary.

Staged is right. It looked totally fake. Apparently it's not enough anymore to just suspect a contestant threw a weigh in, now they have to show every graphic detail.......... Sigh.

ontarget
04-13-2012, 11:16 AM
And I don't think Chris ate as much as they're trying to make it look like. I think it was a bite here for the camera then a bite there for the camera.

Cyndiem
04-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I got two thoughts on that episode,, ok I think daddy Santa heard how great his wife looked and didn't like it, felt insecure and wanted her home.

I was very very happy to see that she continued to lose weight at home, cause I really felt that Santa would have sabatoshed (sp?) her.

And as far as the binge,, yes it was staged but I cryed seeing on TV that way because I do the exact same thing..food is my comforter,, I stuff down my emotions,, anyway I so related to that scene..

Ilene
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
YES, Bob in jeans in the white house??? Are you kidding me???

I thought Mrs. Obama was adorable. I actually laughed out loud at the "can't a first lady get a towel?" It's interesting how personable she has set herself up to be, like a regular average jane.

I loved Mrs. Obama, I think she is sooo gorgeous... Bob in jeans didn't bother me so much because, it's BOB, he would've looked funny/weird with anything else on...

debbieOBX
04-14-2012, 04:36 PM
The previews looked like they are all leaving the show. But why? I wonder if Conda has her hands into something.

For me, the show should be about weight loss, exercise, and helping others. The game part sucks.

d

ringmaster
04-15-2012, 01:42 AM
does an eliminated contestant make it back on the show? (don't have to say who it is if it's too big a spoiler). I think that's what that walking off drama was about..., whoever it is must get eliminated again right away.

mariposssa
04-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I heard a rumor about the people coming back (which people) but I don't want to post it here and spoil it for someone who doesn't want to know!! I clicked to your page ringmaster...but, I guess this site doesn't have PM or guest message options. Or at least I couldn't find them. The site where I heard about who was coming back is TV Without Pity. So, you could visit there if you want to know more. :)

ringmaster
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I heard a rumor about the people coming back (which people) but I don't want to post it here and spoil it for someone who doesn't want to know!! I clicked to your page ringmaster...but, I guess this site doesn't have PM or guest message options. Or at least I couldn't find them. The site where I heard about who was coming back is TV Without Pity. So, you could visit there if you want to know more. :)

thanks, I'll check that site out. I think to PM you need a certain amount of posts.

KimL1214
04-15-2012, 04:58 PM
A contestant comes back almost every season, so for the current contestants to throw a temper tantrum is just super childish (if that is why they're walking, which I checked out the TV Without Pity, and it definitely appears as if that is what has happened). Yes, they've been on the ranch all this time, but the person who comes back on normally has had to work super hard at home to GET back on. If anything, they probably feel threatened since this person will have done a lot on their own! It does seem a little late to be bringing someone back on though as they are almost in the final four...

On another note, I CAN NOT STAND Conda. I really believe the only reason she is still on the show is to "stir the pot." She is a b*tch and I would not put up with her for one minute in real life. This makes me wonder what kind of people some of the other contestants are to put up with her...

I've liked Kim for a while, although this last episode was over the top with trying to get sympathy for her... I used to be an athlete, was very, very competitive, plus my name is Kim ;) so I've found a lot of similarities between her and I. Yes, there have been times where she has been a bit too much for me... but compared to the other women, she is my fave. Conda, she needs to go!

Finally, I hate the game play. It's about weight loss, and it really ticks me off that they make such a big deal out of the game. I get that they're worried about ratings, but "gag me," the game play is AWFUL. I think they would be surprised at how many people do/would watch the show FOR the weight loss, and not the game.

Rant over...

ontarget
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Just took a peek at nbc's website. They have some video clips of players talking game playing strategy. It was really nothing not expected but I found it interesting. Way too much game playing going on this season with Suvivor type alliances. Losing weight seems just part of "the plan." I definitely think Conda and Jeremy have waited to have their biggest losses toward the end of the season. They both need to go. I'm not sure what my reaction will be if one of them wins, but I don't think it will be pretty.

jmfan317
04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Wat do u all think bout 2mrws ep? When I saw the previews last wk I was like wat the heck

ontarget
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
jmfan, go look at page 19. There are posts beginning there about the walkout.

Candeka
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
I think tomorrow night isn't really going to show much. I think it might start, but I believe the real event will take place the following week... at least this is what people are saying about what their TV guides describe about the episodes. I hate waiting.

mariposssa
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Yep, I think it is just going to be a cliffhanger at the end. A teaser about the walkout that will mostly happen the next week according to the descriptions on the TV guides. Bet they will drag it out and milk it for all they can.

maryshady
04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
They just keep dragging out the longest, worst season ever.

ICUwishing
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Agree. It looks too much like they've found a batch of contestants who have figured out the formula of the "game", and are gaming the game. It seems like Kim and maybe Buddy are getting their heads in the right place to make lifetime commitments to their health ... but I would bet money that both "the C-word" and her brother will be fatter and sicker than ever a year from now.

Doodie
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I read an article by the Sacramento (CA) Bee that the remaining contestants walk out and shut down production because of a BL rule change under which the eliminated contestants can return to the ranch. I hope Anaconda & Jeremy walk out for good. Can't stand either of them.

selway
04-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Anaconda - LOL!!

mariposssa
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
SPOILERS ON LINK!!

I'm a facebook fan of BL and this was on my feed yesterday. It is about the walkout. BIG spoiler regarding Jeremy. Don't click if you don't want to know about things that will happen in future episodes!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/04/16/the-biggest-loser-walkout-contract_n_1427900.html

maryshady
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Mariposssa- Just watching that makes me despise the duo even more!! For them it's not about whats fair and right. It's about what is fair for them...the heck with everyone else.

mariposssa
04-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I know, right? They pulled out the contact! :D I think AnaConda and Germy don't know what fair means. Their definition would be fair equals only things that work out in their favor! BL brings people back every season. CRY BABIES. Uninspiring, lazy, game playing, bullying, cry babies!

ontarget
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
I am guessing and hoping those who left won't be at the finals contending for the at home prize.

Candeka
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow! I'm shocked they showed who left this episode.. But happy at the same time since I got sick of waiting.... also a little sad at who left and who stayed.

KimL1214
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Conda~ Gag me with your ridiculous crying when Jeremy fell below the red line...

So many things I could say about the show tonight.

Disappointed really sums it up.

Candeka
04-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Conda~ Gag me with your ridiculous crying when Jeremy fell below the red line...

So many things I could say about the show tonight.

Disappointed really sums it up.

I actually enjoyed it... mostly because Kim is in the finals. However, I'd love to know how she lost so much weight being she is practically at her goal weight. I'm going to have to guess she must have dehydrated herself or something (which is understandable... a brand new car and a spot in the finals on the line and all)

KimL1214
04-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm glad Kim made the finals, but disappointed in Mark for walking out... Next weeks episode is going to be nuts! Probably more of Conda crying, "oh Jeremy," and spouting about how unfair it would be for someone else to make the finals and not him. Kim doesn't have much more to lose, but I really wish that she would win. If Conda wins, I think I might puke...

mariposssa
04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Unbelievable! I loved Bob's speechless comment. I love that they totally schooled Jeremy with the contract he signed. I can't get over all of their reasoning that it is about morals. Really? What morals? You signed a contract and agreed to all of it. Not to mention that they do it every. single. season.

I saved it on the DVR because it was really too much and I need to see it again to digest it all. The whole thing was just unreal. These ungrateful losers decide not to leave and immediately here comes the show dumping more gifts their way. This weeks excuse is NO MOTIVATION, say what? Its not enough that you get to have the BL experience, live there, get the trainers, get a chance to win 250K or 100K, get a trip to Hawaii, get a trip to the White House and to meet the First Lady, get better chance to making it to the finale since two walked out...but here's a NEW CAR.

Conda in the finale. UGH. Then that whole comment she made about how Kim didn't deserve to be there. AND, how about all of them saying they deserved to be there more than any of the others...again, say what? Just because you outlasted, outwitted and outplayed DOES NOT mean you are more deserving. Some of the people who went home got sent home because they were a threat and undoubtedly did better at home while working, raising kids, having a real life. If they did better at home than you did while being coddled on the ranch...I'm ALL for them getting a chance back into the game.

Whoever Gets Back in the Game...FOR THE WIN. PLEASE, make it so.

Candeka
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Unbelievable! I loved Bob's speechless comment. I love that they totally schooled Jeremy with the contract he signed. I can't get over all of their reasoning that it is about morals. Really? What morals? You signed a contract and agreed to all of it. Not to mention that they do it every. single. season.

I saved it on the DVR because it was really too much and I need to see it again to digest it all. The whole thing was just unreal. These ungrateful losers decide not to leave and immediately here comes the show dumping more gifts their way. This weeks excuse is NO MOTIVATION, say what? Its not enough that you get to have the BL experience, live there, get the trainers, get a chance to win 250K or 100K, get a trip to Hawaii, get a trip to the White House and to meet the First Lady, get better chance to making it to the finale since two walked out...but here's a NEW CAR.

Conda in the finale. UGH. Then that whole comment she made about how Kim didn't deserve to be there. AND, how about all of them saying they deserved to be there more than any of the others...again, say what? Just because you outlasted, outwitted and outplayed DOES NOT mean you are more deserving. Some of the people who went home got sent home because they were a threat and undoubtedly did better at home while working, raising kids, having a real life. If they did better at home than you did while being coddled on the ranch...I'm ALL for them getting a chance back into the game.

Whoever Gets Back in the Game...FOR THE WIN. PLEASE, make it so.

I like Kim, but there are so many eliminated contestants that I like as well so I have no idea who I am voting for to be the 3rd finale person as well as the final winner.

As for the whole morals thing... I'm sorry, but how the **** does someone coming back GO AGAINST YOUR MORALS. No one is murdering babies, stomping on religion or beating people up. Someone is coming back, so you must "stand up for your morals" and leave a competition that so many would give anything to compete in... Bah. If I could have thrown a book at Mark and Buddy, I would have.

ontarget
04-17-2012, 10:38 PM
And what about Mark's son? Didn't Mark want Chism to have a chance to get back in? Weird!

mariposssa
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
What about Jeremy going on and on about how unfair it is that the eliminated contestants get a chance to come back. Right up until he is eliminated and now he gets to compete for that third spot in the finale. Morals, huh? Right. :dizzy:

Ilene
04-18-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry, but how the **** does someone coming back GO AGAINST YOUR MORALS.That's what I thought!! It's in the contract, did she not read the freakin' thing, and they do this every season, did they not watch the show before...I don't think she knows the definition of morals, because if she had any she would not had, laughed, rolled her eyes, snickered, etc, etc, at people throughout this whole season... I will definitely puke if she wins...

I LOVED that they brought every one back... So, they didn't want ONE contestant back , well here are 12 to compete against instead :rofl: HA! Loved it!!

pam920
04-18-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm almost hoping Daphne or Adrian win the 3rd spot. Conda and Kim would not be happy campers.

MindiV
04-18-2012, 08:17 AM
What about Jeremy going on and on about how unfair it is that the eliminated contestants get a chance to come back. Right up until he is eliminated and now he gets to compete for that third spot in the finale. Morals, huh? Right. :dizzy:

Amen and Hallelujah! Preach on! I totally agree...:carrot::carrot:

I also loved how they pulled out the contracts signed by ALL contestants stating plainly that the eliminated contestants were going to come back, etc. Seems to me people should have read what they signed...

So does Kim have a legitimate shot of winning? I mean she weighs 147 pounds...

ddc
04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I think that weigh-in must have been for longer than a week also.
How in the world did Kim get 15lbs in a week? I don't even think that's possible with dehydration. They all had double digits. Makes me think it was maybe two weeks instead of one.