Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {5} Happy New Year!

K9Owner
01-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I decided to step on my scale this morning as well.However, I didn't get the welcomed surprise that you got Kristiina. I am up 3 lbs since Friday :fr:
I don't get it.
I don't keep a close track of my cals nor exercise for 2 weeks and I plateau.
I get back at it and start back running on Friday and I gain 3 lbs of water! :cry:

ThinkinThin5
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Happy New Year one and all! I hope everyone's holidays were merry and bright.

I let the holiday cookies get the best of me and paid for it. Back to diligently journaling and getting back to my regular workouts. Hoping to have good news to report as the week progresses. :)

Sum38
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Krystal :( -- I bounce up like that as well...

ThinkinThin5 What do you use for journaling? I find it very helpful!

For me, another OP day! Yay! I am so motivated! Calories will be around 1200 and I took 4.7 mile walk; I went of fast pace...it was C-O-L-D! -- I just want to catch up with you Krystal :)

forloveofself
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone,
Think, I'm sure you will soon be back on track
On plan since yesterday, under 1300 cals then, today 1150 so far, but will probably be at 1275.
If I can continue in this way through Saturday, I'll feel more positive about doing a weigh in then.

Sum, Great goal! walking is my fave exercise, but K9O would love to do a short marathon some day soon. It's been a couple of decades since I ran.

alaskanlaughter
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
hi everyone :) i am back on a computer where i can access 3FC without it crashing or freezing...my home computer doesnt like the site apparently...we had a great two week vacation over the holidays, at home with the kids, and one of our teenage nephews came to visit us as well from the village...im able to say that i maintained the loss that happened when i traveled to the village, still right at 203 for the last couple weeks...even with working out, which usually sees a bounce in weight from water...so i'm not sure if i've lost even more and it just stays at 203 because of workout weight? or not...either way it's really the lowest weight ive seen in the last couple years....

im still working out on the treadmill...krystal im doing 3 minute intervals of jogging at 4.7mph right now for half an hour and then 10 minutes of 3.0 walking at a 15% incline, the highest the treadmill will set it at...

ive now had, since november, a bout of bronchitis, an outer ear infection AND an inner ear infection...and im just getting over the last ear infection...ugh

K9Owner
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi all :wave:
Perfect OP day today. Wish they could all be like this, well, a couple hundred cals less on some days would be nice!

Tuna Ball, Crackers, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 354
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Parmesan Cheese, Coleslaw, Smoked BBQ Chicken: 461
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Parmesan Cheese, Tuna Ball, Crackers, Coffe w/Splenda, Yogurt Raisins (ate too many of these 24 instead of 16!): 747
Total: 1562

:running: 438 (Polar is completely fine again, funny how it works touching the flesh instead of my sports bra!)
Water: 88oz :carrot:

Alaskan: You poor dear! One should never have to have back to back infections like this!! Hope you feel better really soon!! Great job on the runs!

LoveofSelf: I wanna be at your cal level intake for a couple days out of the week. Gosh, 1250 is hard for me to do and make the nutrients add up!

Kristiina: You keep all that walking up and you're going to surpass me, ma'am! :high:

Sum38
01-04-2012, 08:08 AM
forloveofself Good for you!! Do you do WW?

alaskanlaughter You poor thing! -- I had double ear infection in September/October; my left ear drum burst...it was sooo painful! Feel better!!

Krystal Another OP plan; yay!

-----

I am not slow dancing this week. -- I don't think I have followed OP this diligently, ever, and it is starting to pay off! I was a tad bit discouraged at first because the first month nothing drastic really happened, but it is happening now :D -- I was 154.5 yesterday morning and today I am 153!! I was 155 last friday!! I know I am trying not to be my scale's slave, but I am truly enjoying the downhill speed, 'cause I am sure it won't last.

Plan for today;

Calories 1400
Walk 5.2 miles
WEIGHTS! I have been ignoring my upper body each day :(

------

I made some creamy split pea soup. It is so hard to get all that fiber, so I am going to push the beans this year:D -- It turned out really good. 10g fiber per serving, but only 300 calories. I made some chili this weekend, and I am going to make white bean and black bean (SB) soup today. more fiber is my new year's resolution.

Off to start my day; kiddies have a late start each wednesday; which they LOVE...need to get a big bfast going (they don't get lunch)...then dr appointment and walk :)

Everyone have a FAB day!

Larry H
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Dropped 4 pounds today to 221, Obviously a water weight loss but I will take anything I can get. :D:carrot::D

It should not have happened because my sodium was out of control yesterday, 5089 mg :dizzy::dizzy:

The Garlic Diet:
You don't lose weight, you just look thinner from a distance.:D:D

Larry,

alaskanlaughter
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
hi everyone and congrats on the losses!!! maybe our "slow dance" is speeding up a little LOL!

i saw, for the first time, a weight of 201.4 on the scale this morning after my workout!!!!! this is special to me because the last time i lost weight i was at 202 and i just got lazy and unmotivated...my goal this year is to STAY motivated and, if not motivated, at least committed haha!! and now i've hit 201!!...my lowest weight that ive ever seen is 199 and if i can reach that in january, my reward is to use the two freebies that my gym gave me when i signed up....they gave me a coupon for a free smoothie and one personal trainer session and i've held onto those to use as rewards but they expire at the end of january so i better get down to 199 by then...i THINK i can do it...

also im on TOM plus getting over the latest ear infection....and today's workout was HARD(!) didnt do anything more difficult than usual but boy was it NOT a fun time..but at the very end in the locker room this little old lady came up to me and said she just wanted to tell me what a good job i'm doing and how hard i work out there...that was SO COOL!!

IsabellaOlivia
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Ate 1304 calories today. on Tuesday I ate 2300 calories and I still went to bed hungry in fear of adding on more calories.

I've totally lost my motivation and grip.

forloveofself
01-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Krystal, Yeah for your OP days. I try to do maintenace only on wekends, but it often spills over into several weekdays:)
Your continued prayers for MG would be appreciated. the lift in the clouds was only temporary. :( Hopefully a visit to the docs tomorrow will hep.

Alaskan, sorry those infections are with you still, hope that improves soon. Congratulations on the loss.

Sum No WW I count calories and low carb. It worked when I wanted to lose 5lbs years ago and has worked so far for this 15lb loss. Hope this plateau ends soon. I mix the numbers up often, but body is just being stubborn! Congrats on your loss

Isabella, Sorry you are feeling blue I know how that goes, but you will get your motivation back. It's good you are talking about it here. Why do you think you feel hungry still? Would drinking more water help your hunger, or eating a bit later perhaps?
One of the tricks that makes me happy at night is to actually feel slightly hungry when I go to bed. I feel thinner and less bloated in the morning.

Larry, congrats on your 4lb loss

Enjoy what remains of the week everyone

Sum38
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
TODAY

Food
Cashew & Almond Fruit & Nut Energy Bar (Gluten Free) -- 180
Homemade chili w/beef, sourcream, cheese -- 502
Jambalaya with chicken, carrots -- 340
Chobani yogurt, swiss cheese, pear -- 230

Total 1252 + snack later

Exercise
Walk for 5.5 miles ( 77 minutes)

-------

I think I am going back to my planned meals; it is easier :)

ThinkinThin5
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a great day.

Sum38 I do my journaling the old-fashioned way with pen and paper. I have found that if I don't "write as I bite" I tend to forget (or want to forget) what I have eaten during the day. I may at some point progress to an online diary, but I'm not that disciplined just yet.

So far this week I have been to Curves 3 times and did my Zumba class tonight. My regular Zumba class was cancelled this week due to the holidays so I am going to take an extra Curves class on Friday to complete my five workouts for the week.

Congratulations to everyone on their progress. Keep up the good work!

Thanks to all of you for your support.

K9Owner
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I'll do personals in the morning. I am not feeling so well tonight. I have a fever :(

Boxed Cereal w/skim milk, Cottage Cheese w/SF Strawberry Jam, Coffee: 425
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Peaches: 149
15 Bean Stew, Cornbread: PB2 Greek Yogurt w/Bare Naked Fit Granola: 531
SO Delicious Chocolate: 130
Total: 1235 (HRM)

Exercise: K9 Walk(75 min/4 miles) + 30 Minutes of BodyRock : (HRM)520
Water: 80 oz

I so rocked today. I wish they were all this way!

Sum38
01-05-2012, 07:51 AM
((IsabellaOlivia)) I bet you are looking HOT though :) -- Take a little mental break, sometimes that feels good and is what dr. ordered.

ThinkinThin5 I am totally hooked on myfitnesspal.com journaling, I also downloaded their app to my droid. So if you move on to electronic era, try them out :D -- I like it because I input recipes in and I get exact calorie amounts.

Krystal Back on track :)

Larry I HATE sodium! It just sneaks in...I somehow can never keep it under 2000 :(

---- As for me. I HAD to step on scale because I am on my swoosh mode; 152.5! I can't believe it; 2.5 pounds in 6 days. I know it is post TOM, and I was expecting some losses, but 2.5 POUNDS! I am excited!! -- I am soooo close to 140's; I can almost smell it! :D

Plan for today

Meals 1400 cal. Seems to work well for me. I am not hungry.

No walk, I have already walked 23 miles this week, and I am taking a day off. Puppy seems exhausted as well. Hubby will be home F,S&S and we will be doing our 7 mile walks each day. I need to rest up :)

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day; I hope my 152.5 sticks!

Everyone have a FAB day!

K9Owner
01-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Kristiina: Uhm, Ma'am! Add me on MFP (chosengiver)
You are motivating me BEYOND belief. Thank you so much for getting back on board!!
I was doing my workout yesterday and thinking of you--I know WEIRDO! :lol:
Hey, for real, I am super excited about your 2.5 lbs!! :woohoo:
Keep this up & you'll be sailing right past me in your EIGHTS! :tantrum:
:rofl:

Larry: You continue to scare me with your sodium intakes! :yay: for the 4 lb loss. You just have 11 to go. Ok, that sounds mean. :hug:

Alaskan: If you were 201.4 AFTER working out, you were probably less than that before! :yay:

Isabella: :hug: Did you take a break over the holidays? If not, perhaps you should. If you did, you may have become comfortable with lazy eating. Were those 2300 cals mostly high-processed carbs? Review your foods and see what you are eating that is causing binge-like activity. Whatever you do, I would encourage you to continue posting on the 3FC site. You will have a tendency to backslide completely. You've worked hard for 128. Surely you don't want to revisit 155 or more!

LoveofSelf: I was just thinking of your friend MG yesterday during the day, while I was cooking. You are a gem to be there for your friend.

Thinkinthin: Do you like curves? We have one close to my house. I would like to get a membership somewhere for a few months--while it's cold (nothing long term or going into the spring). About how much is it to go there? My Zumba instructor keeps emailing me (and everyone) asking where some of us are. I used to go 3-4x/week, but tbh when she changed her routine and my heart rate dropped in her classes, I couldn't see the benefit of going. When I first started going to her class, my HR was between 160-175, but when she changed the routine, it went to like 145-150. I didn't feel like I was getting my hours worth. I could run for an hour and burn more.

AFM: Well, I just got up and had breakfast--no boxed cereal today :yay:
I am suffering with a skin infection in my nose of all places! AGONY!
On a different note, I am finding it extremely comical that some of my FB friends are shouting out their weight loss goals, healthier lifestyles, exercise routines, etc all on their feeds.
"I got up early this morning and went to the gym and ran on the treadmill at "x" speed for "x" minutes."
"I'm having a salad for lunch."
When just 2 months ago, the same people were shouting out how excited they were that the McRib was back at MccyDs. Seriously!! I don't comment, of course. But I do find it entertaining to read. Next month, these same people will be talking about the newest Girl Scout cookie & eating the whole box with a glass of skim milk!

princessgina00
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
When just 2 months ago, the same people were shouting out how excited they were that the McRib was back at MccyDs. Seriously!! I don't comment, of course. But I do find it entertaining to read. Next month, these same people will be talking about the newest Girl Scout cookie & eating the whole box with a glass of skim milk![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey, the McRib is SERIOUS business. SERIOUSLY!!! :D

K9Owner
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey, the McRib is SERIOUS business. SERIOUSLY!!! :D

I have NEVER put one of these in my mouth. But, coming from MccyD's it CAN'T be good! :barf:

forloveofself
01-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Hello Everyone,
Krystal, sorry you have a fever, hope you wil soon feel better.
I know how that is to wake feeling like you can't get moving and can barely reach for the thermometer. Usually after I do get up, and start moving about, I start to feel better.

Hello ThinkThin, Sum38, princessG, Alaskan The best to you.

I tried on that red dress I wanted to fit in at Christmas, and this time it fit, Yeah! Will have to wear it next special occasion. :) Will pack it for my spring trip south.

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm strawberry shaped so my top is always one size bigger than bottom. so 14 top and 12 bottom will hopefully soon be 12 top and 10 bottom and so on. Love wearing skirts and leggings too.

Another OP day yesterday, feels good to be back on track. Hope it continues.

Have a great evening everyone.

alaskanlaughter
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
ive never had a McRib either...i read somewhere about the stuff they put in the McRib in particular and havent ever wanted one LOL! ...i refuse to eat food that i don't like or dont want to eat...my problem has always been that i like an awful LOT of different kinds of food lol...but i'd rather go hungry than eat something i dont like....like when we were in the village, DH was getting these nasty burgers(?) egg sandwiches(?) from the local store and i just KNEW it had been sitting in those warming holders for HOURS upon HOURS and i always declined anyone's offer to buy me one...but then i was hungry for the rest of the afternoon until dinner because we weren't ever back at the store lol

where i live, there are only two fast food places - McDs and Subway - one location of McD and three Subways all owned by the same guy...my thought is that, if i'm gonna eat crap, i may as well buy it cheaper at Walmart LOL!

krystal was it you i was telling about my ear problems?? is it possible to get another ear infection WHILE still being on antibiotics for the last one?? because now i've got that fluid back in my inner ear, hard to hear again...i'm half tempted to just let the darn thing run its course because i'm not in PAIN, i just can't hear well (yet again)....many years ago i got several back to back strep throat infections and, when more powerful antibiotics didnt help, i just let the thing run its course and then it never came back...however i'm a little worried that i could rupture my eardrum or damage my hearing for good by letting this one run its course

it comes with a strange loss of appetite though...yesterday i ate 835 calories and burned 280 of those on the treadmill...however today I WEIGHED IN AT 199.4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! this is the lowest weight i've ever EVER seen...last time about 8 years ago i hit 199.8 (yes i remember the ounces lol) and then lost my motivation back then

K9Owner
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Alaskan: Be careful with your ear. Yes, it is possible to get a different type of infection despite being on an abx. Have you seen the MD? I would suggest an appt. if you haven't seen one with this new one. Just for the simple fact that you've had several back to back. Do you know what is causing them?
I would take the holistic approach and keep my ears completely covered when you go outdoors--yes, MUFFS! I wouldn't take them off until my head had time to adjust to the indoor temp, no matter how ridiculous I looked.
Also, be careful running with an ear infection. Remember what I said about the pressure in your head.
:yay: for 199!!
:woohoo: Hey, your in ONEDERLAND!!! :woohoo:

alaskanlaughter
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
its another inner ear problem, from what it feels like...if it hasnt gotten better by saturday i will probably go in again....i'd like to NOT be on another round of antibiotics simply because ive had 3 different ones since halloween...i have no idea what's causing it, i havent been sick in awhile and i havent been exposed to anything out of the ordinary...ive also never had ear infections before, since i was very little, with the first one last fall and nothing until now...very odd...

Larry H
01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Larry: You continue to scare me with your sodium intakes! :yay: for the 4 lb loss. You just have 11 to go. Ok, that sounds mean. :hug:

Krystal

Enough sodium today to scare you again!!;) 4169 mg down from last post but way high yet:dizzy:

Calories today were 1326.

The good news is I lost another pound down to 220 ten to go to get to my pre-holiday weight.

I have never had a McRib either. I am not a fan of McDs food other than I used to like the Egg McMuffin I liked the taste but it certainly was not healthy eating.

If we're not ment to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?

Larry

K9Owner
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Well, another perfectly OP day for me today. I dropped my cals back down to 1330, my BMR on MFP, after they have been sitting at 1450 for months now. I'll tell you, it's NOT a great deal of food, but I'm managing quite well with the exercising. I can still eat about 1400-1500.

FF Cheese Omelet, Cottage Cheese w/peaches, coffee: 314
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll (2 servings), Parmesan, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 434
TFM Heart Healthy Mix & 5 Almonds, Diet Coke: 200
Snow Crab Roll, Tangerine, SO Delicious Chocolate: 439
Total: 1387

BodyRock: 210
Water: 88oz

Tomorrow is my 4 miler. I'm really looking forward to it :running:
A funny thing happened tonight. I was riding with my nursing school niece to the market. I suggested sushi for dinner. I bought 2 different rolls & when we got to the truck to eat, she replied, "Oh wait a minute! This has rice in it. Can you eat rice on your diet?"
HUH? DIET? Uhm, ma'am....I am NOT on a diet!
There are foods that I love that I usually eat.
There are foods that I love that I seldom eat.
There are foods that I love that I rarely eat.
I explained to her that the foods that she mostly eats now--fast food, take out, pizza, high-processed carbs, etc--was foods that I used to usually ate, and I weighed 172. I was miserable. So, I switched some things around. I found some new foods to love & they became the foods I usually eat now.
She still said, "Diet food".
Whatever!
She proceeded to tell me that she recently had her BP checked and it was 132/86. She is 21. I thought, "Oh WoW! I had mine checked about 2 weeks ago. It was 108/64, without meds." Actually, this is my norm.
She added, "Yeah, but I never exercise." :chin:

princessgina00
01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
I've had the McRib once (last year, I think) and it was okay. Nothing special. But some people take its arrival VERY seriously.

She proceeded to tell me that she recently had her BP checked and it was 132/86. She is 21. I thought, "Oh WoW! I had mine checked about 2 weeks ago. It was 108/64, without meds." Actually, this is my norm.
She added, "Yeah, but I never exercise." :chin:

How does BP work exactly? I ask because my BP has remained 120/80 no matter what weight or exercise pattern I was in. Whether I was 312 or 212, sedentary or moderately active, my BP has remained around 120/80 (it's dipped as "low" as 120/72 and gone as "high" as 122/80. So, I just don't get it. :shrug:

K9Owner
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood to the body and it contributes to hardening of the arteries or atherosclerosis and the development of heart failure.

Some causes include:
Smoking
Being overweight or obese
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Stress
Older age
Genetics
Family history of high blood pressure
Chronic kidney disease
Adrenal and thyroid disorders

In my niece's scenario, my best educated guess would be:
Family history
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Stress
Genetics

Info obtained from WebMD.com (http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/blood-pressure-causes)

Sum38
01-06-2012, 06:47 AM
152!!!

I lost 3 pounds last week :eek: !!!

K9Owner
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
152!!!

I lost 3 pounds last week :eek: !!!

This is just MARVELOUS!
I think you turned our slow dance into the Cupid Shuffle! ;)
Good thing I know the moves to this song!! :lol:

K9Owner
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, at the beginning of the week, I was up 3 whole #s.
However, now at the end of the end of the week, the water has left and I am once again 148.2.

Nothing impressive to report, so we'll just move right along!

Sum38
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Krystal Wanted to tell you; I talk about you to my hubby as well when we walk :D -- He said "you found another competitive soul,eh? :lol: :lol:

So here is a challenge for you; we walked 6.8 miles at 4.3 mph :)

forloveofself
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Congrats everyone on your weight loss
I too have some to report. I got on the scale this morning and Wow! I am in the 170's! The scale read 178.6 but I won't quibble, I can only set the ticker at whole numbers, so 179 it is. A little leeway is on order. Hoorah!

My blood pressure has always hovered arount 108/70 to 112/70 so when I'm stressed it goes to about 120/70 I can feel it climb. I get a pounding headache usually and if it happens at night, it is usually linked to insomnia. So I know I need to destress.

As for the McRib question, I was in England when they came out,(there anyway) about 28 years ago. My friends and I went to Mcdonalds there and one of them wanted one. I looked at this thing when he got it, and under an abundadance of BBQ sauce there was this meat that looked like there were rib bones in it, which was fine, I like ribs, so I aked him for a taste, afterwhich I realized it was formed meat! That can't be good. He loved it. Under all that sauce I thought it tasted a bit like cardboard. About as real as a Twinkie or chicken nuggets. I have had no interest in it since. I do know a couple of people who love them though.
Have a great day!

alaskanlaughter
01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
im only here for a second, been a busy day...i was up SOOO late last night due to taking sudafed, which keeps me up worse than speed, i swear (not that i've ever done that lol) so i stayed up til midnight talking to a friend of mine in the village....went to bed and STILL stayed awake for another hour...got to sleep at 1 a.m., up at 6:30 a.m. for the regular routine of getting the kids up and driving them to school...back home, hauled recycling to the recycle center, went to the gym with DH, took my car to get new tires on the front with hopefully more traction in this snowy weather....then to work....short staffed at work today...but my boss will figure it out, he'll probably come over when i have the most kids here...running like crazy at work

my ear still feels plugged up but no pain and the pressure seems to be down a little...i took another sudafed this morning and halfway through my workout broke out in big splotchy itchy bumps all over my body...WEIRD!! no idea why but i'll blame the sudafed...finished my whole workout (no bumps stopping me!! lol) and took an antihistamine....i may go to the dr tomorrow, not sure, will see how much pressure i feel in my ear...lots of goop came out of it, like ear waxy boogers...strange...like you all wanted to know that LOL

and the scale said 198.4 after my workout this morning!!!!!! i keep expecting to bounce straight back to 211 like i was for MONTHS before my trip to the village

K9Owner
01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Alaskan: With #s like you're seeing, can I make a trip to the village with you real soon??? :rofl:

Kristiina: Ok, missy. I did an extra mile just for you today! :woohoo:

Ezekiel Raisin Bread, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola: 273
1/3 Powerbar, Cottage CHeese w/Peaches: 226
15 bean stew, Cornbread, Tangerine, 2c So Delicious :fr: , 7 Almonds: 750
Total before dinner: 1249

1/2 Mary training :running: 4miles plus walked a mile for Kristiina ;) (74 min total): 618
**the 4 miles was 50 min**

Water: So far 72 oz (I'm not finished yet!)

Larry H
01-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Sum Big congratulations on the 3 pound loss

My sodium is trending the right way but is still too high. The last three days were 5089 mg, 4406 mg today 2760 mg. I want to get this under 1500 mg and I will.:carrot::carrot:

Calories today were in plan at 1323

Weight was steady at 220.

Spent an hour cleaning up and digging in my garden for 540 calories of exercise.

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Larry,

K9Owner
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Larry, you're so funny! :rofl:
I love this!

Sum38
01-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone! another 1/2 pound for me this morning. :carrot: I am doing salsa.

Krystal, my husband LOVES the "competition" we are having. He thinks it is great that I have someone so close to my weight and height. Thanks for doing the extra mile for me :) :hug:

Larry great calories!! Sodium not so good! What are you eating? -- I was trying to keep it under 1500, but I coming to realize I have to allow myself to get 2000 average.

alaskan :carrot::carrot: That is EXCITING! A big mile stone! I bet you are filled with new vigor. Congrats!!

forloveofself Congrats on the 170's...it feels great to see that new low number!! I am so close to my 140's that I can almost smell it...It is making me work extra hard :)

princessgina00 :wave:

I miss Jo!!

K9Owner
01-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Work for me for the next 2 days. That doesn't mean anyone can slack around!
Stay OP! Drink your water! & MOVE!!

ThinkinThin5
01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone and congratulations on your continuing success!

I seem to be having problems with posting. Not sure if I am having senior moments or if I posted something inappropriate and my post was removed. :o If that is the case I hope someone can let me know so I don't do it again.

K9Owner I wanted to give you my experience with Curves but after watching a BodyRock video I am not sure it would be intense enough for you but only you can decide. The basic Curves workout is a 30 minute circuit using 10-12 machines. You use a machine for 30 seconds then do cardio on a cushioned mat for 30 seconds doing 2 circuits in 30 minutes. I lost 20-1/2 inches in 3 months with no weight loss and then plateaued. I think the cost is somewhere between $30-$40 a month. I'm not sure because I pay annually. I like Curves because at my age (54) spending hours at the gym no longer fit into my busy schedule and I needed a kinder, gentler workout. I enjoy it, but I know it is not for everyone. I hope that helps.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

alaskanlaughter
01-07-2012, 01:33 PM
good morning :) it is raining like crazy and sideways this morning...im going to get my car from the tire shop (new front tires put on) and then going back to see what the doctor says about my ear again...not working out today....saw 197.8 on the scale this morning...have been wearing my favorite tight tee and sweatshirt combination that keeps me warm

one of my friends who works at school asked me yesterday if i'd been trying to lose weight and i said yeah, and she said that she can see a BIG difference in me!! that was so COOL!!

alaskanlaughter
01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
so the doctor said that the inner ear infection didnt entirely clear up with that round of antibiotics...he said my eardrum is ruptured and there's all kinds of fascinating things spilling out into my outer ear canal...lovely....he took a culture to make sure nothing is becoming antibiotic-resistant...and put me on another dose of a different antibiotic...he also recommended nasonex and claritin but i'm not sure about taking all of that at once...i'm really leery about putting lots of doses of lots of things in my body at the same time...

Larry H
01-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Yay!! Down another pound today to 219 and I got in a 5 mile bicycle ride out in the Florida Sunshine. Low 70s today with calm winds.

Larry,

Sum38
01-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Lebanese food for dinner. P and I had a date night...I won't weigh myself tomorrow...;)

Sum38
01-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I can't believe this...another 1/2 # down!! 151

P is down nearly 14 pounds as well, and he is looking sizzling HOT! He is one pound away from his college weight. The 34 waist jeans I bought for him for xmas are falling off. He is very tall, 6'2"+ with a 32/33 waist. Not bad for a 43 old guy ;)

Our gluten/grain/sugar free diet is really working. He is eating like a horse and still shedding weight. DD is following gluten/grain free lifestyle as well. She was getting little tummy going and her buttocks were getting a bit wider, now that is all gone.

The most amazing thing is, we eat basically what ever we want. We don't feel hungry. None of those blood sugar ups and downs. We all sleep really well. We don't get that 3 pm slump...I like this lifestyle. I hope I will never slip back into my sugary lifestyle (gluten is out of question because it makes me sick).

Larry H
01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Down another pound today to 218!! I hope this daily loss continues so that I can lose my Holiday Weight Gain :D:D:D

Larry,

Sum38
01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Down another pound today to 218!! I hope this daily loss continues so that I can lose my Holiday Weight Gain :D:D:D

Larry,

Will you be my salsa partner? :D

Larry H
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Will you be my salsa partner? :D

Certainly Sum:D I don't believe Salsa is classed as slow dancing though??

Experience has taught that after a few fast dances my body slows to a crawl:D

Larry

Sum38
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
lol!!! Did I ever tell you that I was a professional ballerina? Seriously! I danced for 15 years. -- In all honesty, I never thought I would struggle with my weight.

K9Owner
01-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Kristiina: YOU ROCK!!

Larry: :yay: Look at you diurese! AWESOME!

AFM: I have quite a few things to share.
1. From last night @ work:
We have a diverse group of colleagues at work. Some are larger, smaller, taller, shorter.... I am average of the group. Our Head night RN is about 5'2.5"-5'3" & wears a 4/6 US sized. We were in a group last night talking about food/clothes/diet, when I admitted, "I just do not do well when I get into the single digit clothes. A nine is about as far as I can go & then I start looking malnourished. I want to look good and healthy, not necessarily 'skinny'" Our head RN did a double take, as she could not believe what I had said, and she commented, "OMG What? So you're telling me you wear a 10?"
ME: "yep"
Her: Looking in total shock and disbelief, "Wow! I would have NEVER thought that. I would have guessed much smaller"
All I could think was...."I WEAR IT WELL!!"

2. I woke up and decided to have a Spike Day today, not that I was hungry. I had eaten about 500 cals of junk between Midnight and 3pm. So at 4pm, when I got out of bed, I started thinking about it. I must be losing my mind! I had to try to consume approx 1800cals in 7 hrs. It would have been no prob if I were going out to eat or getting fast food, but I wanted something healthy. I am really striving to meet my fitness goals. I don't want to deter them with mounds of junk.
I googled "2800 calorie diets" "gain muscle weight the healthy way" etc
I finally came across a very interesting website, which I did not bookmark :(
But, it basically opened my eyes as to having a "Spike Day".
When I thought of incorporating a Spike Day in the beginning, I thought--"this is the day I will eat :jeno: and all of the other :censored: foods that are on my "Rarely eat List"
I wasn't really that hungry anyway, but I really want to do things differently.

Albert Einstein Quotes: Insanity--doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The site recommended a calorie dense selection of food. So, I put my clothes on and headed to the market, but not for high calorie processed carbs. Instead, for Maranatha Peanut Butter, bagged fresh Spinach, 2 bananas, and some sushi.
I took these few items home and combined a couple of things I had on hand and made a Double Dense NOW Green Monster (http://k9owner.blogspot.com/2012/01/double-dense-now-green-monster.html). This shake had so many calories in it, it was scary!
I really wish I had started eating about 3pm instead of 7pm! Gosh, I am stuffed beyond measure.

Sum38
01-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Krystal One time when I dropped 30 pounds; each Friday was my "free day", I called them my fat days. It really helped me and I think it aided my weigh loss, kinda shocked the system. I am sort of doing it now as well. P and I are trying different restaurants and having date nights. -- I think you are build like I am. People always wonder when I tell them that I wear 12's. -- Really nice compliment from your co-worker :)

I am up 1.5 pounds this morning. Not a great surprise, I drank and drank of water all day long; the Lebanese dinner on Saturday night was really salty. -- I drank nearly 40 oz right before bed time, as well.

I am taking a day off from walking. My legs are filled with lactic acid, and tired. Shadow, my puppy, seems to be tired as well. I clocked nearly 36 miles in 7 days; considering my goal is only 20 miles per week.

I am not hungry. It is strange. I don't know why. I am burning massive amount of calories on my walks (7 miles at 4.2-4.3 mph), and I have to force myself to eat. -- Maybe because I have started pushing more fiber (beans and peas) and eat mostly protein and veggies.... I feel tho, that 1100-1300 calories per day is not nearly enough to keep me going with my speedy walks. -- On the otherhand; I do have extra reserves :lol:

K9Owner
01-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Kristiina: You're momentum right now is pressing me beyond belief! Just reading your post about being gluten/wheat free are really encouraging to me & totally making me want to jump on board. However, it's kinda hard when I'm training for this 1/2 Mary. I so want to be sugar-free (without added sugar, of course). So many foods contain natural forms of sugar. It would be next to impossible to eliminate it completely!

Sum38
01-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I eat all natural sugars. I feel if nature put them in, we need them :) Only added sugar I get is from my Italian salad dressing (2-4g). -- I don't crave it any longer, how funny is that? I have had a few pieces of milk chocolate, but we just went and bought some dark chocolate (80%), and one square seems to curb my sugar cravings. Amazing.

Larry H
01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Larry: :yay: Look at you diurese! AWESOME!

Krystal "Diurese" WOW!! who said you can't teach an old dog? I had to look this one up on line. :D Your sure are educatuming me:D:D Don't bother looking up that word, it doesn't exsist;)

My "Diurese" is probably due to taking High ceiling loop diuretics The on line research said that "High ceiling diuretics are diuretics that may cause a substantial diuresis up to 20%[2] of the filtered load of NaCl and water." Loop diuretics, such as furosemide, inhibit the body's ability to reabsorb sodium at the ascending loop in the nephron which leads to a excretion of water in the urine whereas water normally follows sodium back into the extracellular fluid (ECF).

I only have a vague idea what this say's but I believe it is explaining why I have to set up semi permanent living quarters in the bathroom after taking my furosemide.:D:D

Larry,

princessgina00
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Larry: I'm right along with you in eliminating the "holiday bloat." I gained about 11 pounds over my 2-week holiday vacay with the fam. As of today, I have eliminated all but 1 pound in the past 5 days. And, I think I've found a "natural" diuretic. Fiber One bars! I have been consuming them like mad (can't eat just one from a box, but have to consume all five. They're so tasty!) since yesterday and dropped 4 pounds from my morning "dump." TMI!

Sum: It's about time you stopped walking. Give those little legs a rest and then tell them to shut up as you continue on your walking journey.

K9: Good luck with your Spike Days. Spike Days tend to come naturally (but, thankfully, not often) for me. Usually whenever I feel the need to eat a large quantity of food because I know I can get away with it (caloric-wise).

Sum38
01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
No weight change for me. 152.5. I enjoyed my swoosh :)

I feel like my eating has been off, I have been kinda busy and not really eaten my salads etc, just eaten what ever has been there. -- I made a meal plan for today and sticking to it :) -- I don't want to end up this week higher that last week.

It felt great taking a day off from walking. Today my walk will be about 5 miles but lesser speed since DD wants to go with me, which makes me happy.

Everyone have a fab day!

alaskanlaughter
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
checking in....still fighting off that ear infection...third round of antibiotics since mid-december...thought it was getting better yesterday and then last night woke up with such awful pressure in my ear that it was hard to fall back asleep...that happened twice...im not sure what else i can do besides continue to take the round of antibiotics...this morning my whole side of my face hurt, even my back teeth from the pressure...i took the antibiotics and a sudafed despite something causing an allergic reaction last friday...the sudafed was okay today, no reaction...i didnt work out...i spent the morning resting on the couch...took my second dose of antibiotics at noon and some tylenol for the pain and went to work...it feels manageable at this point and i can move my jaw okay without pain now...DH wants me to go see a specialist but i dont think anyone will be able to do anything until i finish this round of antibiotics...

weighed in at 197.2 this morning....but no workout today...

Larry H
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
alaskanlaughter I am getting worried about your ear infection.:hug: Maybe it is time for you to get a second opinion from a doctor specializing in infection control. If the antibiotics you are taking are not working you may develop an antibiotic resistant infection and you sure do not want that to happen.

I did a 6 mile bicycle ride through the Florida countryside today. That is up a mile more today. :D:carrot::D

I did not weigh today, I will tommorrow.

My sodium was finally on plan yesterday. 1079 calories and 1120 mg sodium. I tried Miracle Noodles for the first time last night. I followed all directions for rinsing them prior to heating and I used a small amount of olive oil with garlic powder, pepper and salt free canned mushrooms. They were really great!! I can't believe that these noodles have zero calories. I will definitely be having them again in the future.

Today's food was even better 780 calories and only 1027 mg of sodium.:D:carrot::D Lunch was 3 oz lean roast beef. Homemade low fat mashed potatoes, and boiled green beans. Dinner was a huge vegetable salad with zero cal Walden Farms ranch dressing. :D:D:D:D:D

Larry,

alaskanlaughter
01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
they did take a culture swab from my ear last weekend to test specifically for resistance and will call me in a few days if it turns out that it is....im thinking that if it's not clearing after this round, which has 6 days left, that i will make an appt with the ENT specialist in town to be looked at...i cant imagine why it would hurt worse NOW after 4 days on antibiotics but it may have to do with the ruptured eardrum...

K9Owner
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Ok, seriously! I had the BEST food weekend probably since I started last April!!
For those that don't know, I work on a Heart Failure unit in a very busy hospital, usually on the weekends.
When I go to work, I eat off plan food religiously!
Usually, I have a 1600-2000 cal day when I go.

I have been trying aggressively for over a month to change this behavior. This past Saturday and Monday night, I had the BEST 2 nights I have had--I think--since I restarted this journey!
It may have had ALOT to do with the Spike Day on Sunday that landed me such a winning night Monday. But, whatever it was, it WORKED!

Monday's Menu
Turkey Waldorf Salad w/ 1/2 pkt FF Raspberry Vinaigrette: 291
Fresh Pineapple: 200
Pre-run Fuel: Ezekiel Raisin Bread, 1 tsp Sunbutter, 1/2 Apple: 164
Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles, PB2 Greek Yogurt: 608
Total: 1263
**I'll have a 140 cal snack before bed to make this a 1400 cal day.

1/2 Mary Training + Walking at work: 665

ALASKAN: I'm worried about you!! Please please no running with a ruptured eardrum. Walking maybe, but don't allow extra pressure to build in your head. I'd see what the results of the culture shows. It probably is added pain from the rupture. Even if you start to feel better, I would advise you to give that drum adequate time to heal before pursuing high cardiac activity.

LARRY: :yay: for getting that sodium back down. I had Miracle Noodles for dinner! I LOVE them. Here is a link to the recipe I created after returning from my cruise last October: Shiratake Bowl using Miracle Noodles (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/244922-shiratake-bowl-using-miracle-noodles.html)

KRISTIINA: You're doing so well, please don't sabotage you're success this time! Besides, I'm currently feeding off of your positive energy and I need all the extra :dust: I can get!! :lol:

GINA: I love the FiberOne bars as well. The choco ones are my fave! Imagine that & I don't even like choco really. There is just something about processed apples and fruit in the other ones that I just can't stomach.

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't know if this will last, but I am LITERALLY gasping for air as I read 146.8 on my digital scale this morning. TOM is supposed to be here this weekend to ruin all of this--no doubt--but today, I am celebrating!

I haven't read 146.8 since September 22, 2011!!! (yes, I know the date!)

Sum38
01-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Congrats:hug::hug::hug::cp::cp::cp::dancer::dancer :

And I was 150.5, lowest since march 2011 :dizzy:

How am I going to catch up with you because you keep running away from me?? :D

Sum38
01-11-2012, 08:04 AM
alaskan Yikes! I hope you start feeling better! I had a pesky ear infection as well; once the ear drum burst, it finally started healing.

Larry; how is weather in FLA? You make me jealous to be biking under the sun :D

:wave: princessgina00
I had a good OP day yesterday! Around 1300 calories and 5.1 mile walk. I do better when I plan ahead.

My muscles were REALLY sore from all that walking. I took Monday off, and resumed yesterday. -- P has been massaging my legs, trying to relieve the lactic acid...and it worked. This morning I woke up with no great muscle pain and dropped 2 pounds! I think my legs were retaining water.

I am hoping to be under 150 on Friday. I can smell the 140's already. :D Krystal, you are my motivator! P thinks it is wonderful that we have each other. He was happy about your loss :)

Plan for today
1300 calories
6.8 mile walk

Everyone have a FAB day!

Larry H
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Krystal and SUM Congrats on your losses. You are both rocking this weight loss!!:D:D::carrot::carrot::D:D

I am down another 2 pounds today to 216 lbs

No chance for my bicycle ride this morning. :bike2: It is raining and they are predicting thunderstorms. I don't believe that it would be smart to be outside on a metal bicycle while the lightning is hitting all around you. Maybe the weather will clear later in the day. The temp is 68 and climbing right now @ 8:30 AM it hit 80 degrees yesterday.

Larry

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Larry: nice 2 lbs & :love: the FL :sunny:
We have rain too!

alaskanlaughter
01-11-2012, 04:35 PM
i think im going back to my doctor after work this afternoon...ive been in so much ear pain the last two or three days despite antibiotics...i even took half a vicodin last night just to take the pain away so i could sleep...nothing i've tried besides that seems to help, not flonase, sudafed, claritin, tylenol or advil...i keep hearing that it is supposed to heal and feel better after an eardrum rupture but mine clearly is not and in fact hurts worse now than it has in the whole last month that i've dealt with this...

i did not work out today partly because of the ear pain and also because i had other things going on...had a brief board of directors meeting this morning (i serve on a national early education organization board in town)...and then spent the morning at the hospital...DH's elderly mom was in town overnight and fell this morning in her hotel room, fracturing her upper leg...she was medevaced out to the big city this morning and after that, i just got ready and came to work

my head feels like it's in a big bubble...my ear is so sore that i cant even touch it with my pinky finger and pain is going up to my forehead and down to my throat...whatever is in my ear is not coming out, there is very little discharge...im gonna stick it out at work until 4 p.m. when my intern shows up and then im gonna try one more time to my doctor...if he cant help, then i need to just finish the antibiotics and find the specialist in town

alaskanlaughter
01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
AND the funniest thing happened at the hospital....i was standing by my 18 year old nephew while grandma was in her hospital bed awaiting the medevac (medical evacuation via helicopter) and the doctor came in and introduced himself to me and i said i was her daughter in law and he looked at me and adam and said "so you two are married?" LMAO! the doctor realized he was wrong and said it was just because i look so young LOL!....hey i'll take that!

and last night when grandma and i were at the store, we were talking about my friend H up in the village and she said the oddest thing....she said "H really really likes you and wants to get married"...and i sort of sputtered "to ME?!"...since he is one of my closest friends n all...and then grandma explained not married to ME but married in general

ugh im ALL fuzzy headed from this ear thing...sucksss

jomatho
01-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Well Hello!!! I am back on plan after a glorious break from all counting, logging and thinking about losing weight in general. I did continue with my daily walks only because my friend counts on me for those, but other than that, I was bad, bad, bad, :lol:.
I missed you all and would have checked in earlier this week, but my *&&*$%% computer crashed AGAIN. I was able to restore it, but may be shopping around for a new one because this is getting old.
Today, I went for my hour walk and then ran on the treadmill for another 20 minutes. My run was great, I can really tell I am rested and my glycogen stores must be good and replenished, what a difference!!! Feels good to be back on plan and in control.
Happy New Year!

ThinkinThin5
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Everyone! It sounds like there is quite of bit of success going around on this thread. Major congratulations are in order.

K9Owner and Larry You mentioned Miracle Noodles in your posts. What are they and where can I purchase them? Zero calories?? Really??

I am very happy to be back into my regular exercise routine. Four workouts so far this week - 2 Curves, 2 Zumba classes. I will do a Boot Camp on Friday and successfully complete my workouts for the week.

I wish I was as dedicated to staying within my calorie limit. Even though I have protein with every meal I seem to always be hungry and I don't do hunger well. :( I refuse to give up though. I am beginning to think I just have to learn to feel hungry.

It really helps to come here and see everyone's successes and get support from such a wonderful group of people.

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Thin: Look at the link I posted above. It has a link to the Miracle Noodle page. I get mine from amazon. I hate you are having hungry days. Those stink!!!
extra :dust: to you!!

:yay: JOMATHO :yay: I'm so glad you're back!!!

Alaskan: I hate you are suffering with this pain. Godspeed Healing prayers sent to you. I pray you find relief and comfort soon.

K9Owner
01-11-2012, 10:56 PM
AFM: Ok miss perfectly OP with the cute hair 8 posts upward from this one, BRING IT!!

Wednesday's Day was almost completely OP for me! I am still trying to decide if I need to eat more of my cals back, but for this week, I am not eating more than 200/day back.

Total Cals: 1393
:running: & some floor work: 406{HRM} (50 Min)

I'm excited for Friday to be here. I hope this 146 was NOT temporary!

Sum38
01-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Jo is back!! I missed you!!

Krystal I was back upto 152 this morning:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantru m: I hope your 146 sticks!

Larry H
01-12-2012, 08:19 AM
K9Owner and Larry You mentioned Miracle Noodles in your posts. What are they and where can I purchase them? Zero calories?? Really??

THE MIRACLE NOODLE LOW DOWN
* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!

Like Krystal, I also get mine from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miracle+noodles&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3896986095&ref=pd_sl_4854tdhady_e

I am down yet another pound today to 215!!:carrot:

Yesterday was a good day although my sodium was a little high. My DW and I ate both lunch and dinner out. I had the "Island Tilapia Dinner" at Perkins for lunch 420 calories. For dinner we went to a Marine Corps League Spaghetti dinner fund raiser 684 calories and I had two small Mandarin Oranges for an evening snack 80 calories. Total for yesterday 1214 calories and 1805 mg sodium. :D:carrot:

It rained most of the day and I did not get my bicycle ride in.
Some days it seems like If it wern't for wrestling with my conscience...I'd get no exercise at all. :rofl:

Larry

jomatho
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys, feels good to be back.

Yesterday I ended the day at around 1200 calories, and today was aiming for 1600, but will most likely go over, I am hungry today. I am also really tired this week. My body is noticing the increased exercise and decreased calories.

Speaking of exercise, raining today so it was a treadmill workout, 60 minutes of intervals/jogging, felt great.

I braved the scale this morning and am up to 178, eeek! Oh well, I will lose those suckers again. Don't know if I will change my ticker or not, I usually don't adjust for upwards movement, but this is a pretty swing :lol: Christmas Eve morning I weighed 170.2, I was trying so hard that week to break into the 160s and now look where I am. Stupid scale, messing with my head like that. Oh well, [sigh].

It makes me soooo happy to come here and see everyone doing well and working it! You guys are awesome. Congrats for all of your successes with weight loss, getting the workouts in and making good food choices. I am really motivated reading all your successes.

Gotta run, catch ya later . . .

Sum38
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I missed you Jo, nice to have you back! And those few pounds are just bloat, they will come off in a heart beat!

Larry, yay for your weigh loss!

I walked 6.8 miles with hubby and puppy. Somehow I am feeling tired this week. I even took 2 days off. P is a great motivator, he says "push those legs, all I am asking is you to pick each foot and put them down, one at a time" :D we are supposed to get some snow; I HATE walking in snow. I have truly enjoyed this winter.

Eating is OP, and I am feeling totally satisfied. Why did I gorge all those years? Beats me. Now whilst I am eating "the good stuff", I never get hungry. I guess it helps that I don't do carbs or sugar. No cravings.

Tomorrow is official weigh-in day. I have no high hopes...if I lost 1/2 pound, I am glad....my 150.5 was a fluke :(

ThinkinThin5
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
K9Owner and Larry Thanks for the info on the Miracle Noodles. I see how they got their name. I think I will order the variety pack and give them a try.

I saw a minor decrease in the scale this morning which totally confuses me since I have been eating too much, but I'll take it. I hate being a slave to the scale. I like the new Special K commercials that show positive words when you step on the scale instead of showing how much you weight. Maybe I should consider NSVs while I'm trying to get back on track.

Have a great weekend everyone!

IsabellaOlivia
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
I woke up at 4 pm today, so I only got through 900 calories before the day was done with. I'll probably have wolf hunger tomorrow:o

I see some of you write #ds# and #Dw" what does that mean?

K9Owner
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I'll do personals tomorrow, & I've decided to do a bi-monthly new thread instead of every 10 days, that way, we'll just have 2 new ones a month...conservative mode.

I worked 4 very busy hours today @ the hospital.

Pre-Workout Fuel: 1 Grapefruit, Ezekiel Raisin Bread, 1 tsp Sunbutter, Coffee: 227
Bean Dip & Tortilla Chips ((LAST OF BOTH!!)): 460
Cottage Cheese w/Strawberry Jam, 2oz Chicken Breast: 146
:drool: Coconut Chicken Salad (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/coconut-chicken-salad-with-warm-honey.html) w/Ken's FF Raspberry Pecan Dsg :drool: : 524
Total: 1357

Water: 72oz
BodyRock +Plateau Challenge + Walking at work for 4 hours straight: 561

:goodscale tomorrow!! :crossed:

K9Owner
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I woke up at 4 pm today, so I only got through 900 calories before the day was done with. I'll probably have wolf hunger tomorrow:o

I see some of you write #ds# and #Dw" what does that mean?

DS: Darling/Dear Son
DD: Darling/Dear Daughter
DW: Darling/Dear Wife
DH: Darling/Dear Husband

Sum38
01-13-2012, 06:42 AM
151 is my official weigh in. -1 pound for the week. Yup I wanted to be under 150 but pound is a pound, and it is towards right direction :)

K9Owner
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
I saw 146.8 Wed and Thurs.
Thurs., I did BodyRock (Core)--my legs are STILL screaming, & I slept like garbage! :tantrum:
It's from anxiety about weigh-in. I've had this before & hate it. I'm not returning to previous behaviors. I wanna move forward!

Today's weight: 147.4 (-0.6)
Still a loss, I guess

forloveofself
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Hello Everyone,
congrats on all the successes. Good to see your posts.
Not at all surprised by weigh in numbers this morning, 178.6lbs so still calling it 179.
All week I have been feeling effects of full fibro flare, The pain is tolerable, I have high treshold, but the IBS, the "rock hard" kind is beastly! Oy! Have had enough cod liver oil capsules, fruit, and fibre tabs for a month! :)

I have also been having too much salt from eating out a couple of times, so still feeling that bloat esp in neck and belly in that "I no longer have a double chin but still feels like it." way.:(

NSV, able to keep cals between 1500 to 1600 last weekend and 1300-1400 weekdays.:carrot:

I told you about those jeans I bought at OLD NAVY being a bit roomy? Well, I have never worn them since bringing them home, ( I like not having to wear a belt with jeans sometimes so decided I should go for the 10s, incentive to lose 2 more lbs) so am going to try to exchange for size 10s. They will fit, though not as comfortably as with a 2lb loss. I compared them to my fave old, loose sz 14 Riders, and there is barely an inch diff in waist, but thighs do fit nicely snug! So apparently Old Navy's run BIG in waist.:dizzy:

Have a great weekend everyone

IsabellaOlivia
01-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I have a confession:

At the start of 2011 my weight was 70,3 kilos and my goal was to lose 20 kilos. I only managed to lose 12 kilos. I've been beating myself up about it. I feel like such a failure for not having lost more. My failure in losing weight has made think "What's the point" and ever since Christmas break began I've been living on massive amounts of calorie rich coffee drinks ( think Starbucks) and Eating twice a day, however those two times I've been stuffing my face because of low bloodsugar and been desperately hungry. I haven't made time for proper sleeping which has made me tired and cranky.
The other day I ate a 300 gram bag ( 0,6 pounds) of cheesy nachos for dinner washed down with chocolate. Simply because I was mad at myself for not losing enough weight I've been self-sabotaging.

I need to find my intrinsic motivation for doing a lifestyle change again.

Sum38
01-14-2012, 08:56 AM
IsabellaOlivia You will find your mojo back! -- Look at Krystal and I, we have fierce determination going on; and you don't want us to catch up with you :D -- Seriously, don't worry, you may need a little break, and in all honesty, you did really WELL last year!

Krystal Bi-monthly sounds good.

forloveofself I am sorry about your pain! -- I have lupus and those episodes of pain were horrid. -- Once I went off gluten I have had only one lupus flare up.

------------

We have snow!! Plan is to walk 5.2 miles. I am way ahead of my weekly 20 mile goal. Feels good!
I made a meal plan; 907 calories + snacks. Hoping to stay between 1200-1300 calories for the day.
I think alaskan sent me her ear infection :( I have been feeling tired all week, and last night I woke up with severe ear ache. Ear had had drainage earlier on the day. -- Won't stop me tho :) I have some antibiotic drops that doctor gave me and I may pop in urgent care and get it checked out before it gets too bad (I had a NASTY one in October).

Everyone have a FAB day!!

K9Owner
01-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I knew I should have waited to post my weigh in. I promise, my weigh in day is changing. All the anxiety I subconsciously get on Friday's inhibits my sleep too much! This morning, I was 146.4!! Ok, I said I wasn't making a "beep" notice about it in bright red and all caps. :rofl:
;) Kristiina & Jo

Work tonight and tomorrow.
Everyone, please be nice to yourself this weekend!
I know things are getting tough, as most of us have been at this for a long time and it does start to weigh on us emotionally, but remember the reason that you-yourself- are doing this.

Perhaps it's for your children, your significant other (spouse), your family, your doctor :spin: , whatever the reason....Allow me to give you a fresh perspective....Do it today for YOURSELF. (yes, this is selfish) Not because you HAVE to, but because you choose to

IsabellaOlivia
01-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Down 1,1 pounds since Monday.

Sum38: Next week you'll be there.
ForLoveSelf: I really love your username.

IsabellaOlivia
01-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Down 1,1 pounds since Monday.

Sum38: Next week you'll be there.
ForLoveSelf: I really love your username.

forloveofself
01-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Sum, Thanks for your encouragement. Kudos on your determination to walk long distance in the snow. Too many heavy laden trees here. Makes our woods scary. Some even broke under the weight of the snow.

Isabella, Congrats on your 1 lb loss. Thanks, when I started this journey, I wanted to do it for myself, not because I was trying to please anyone else. I have spent so much of my life being so hard on myself and being really driven to succeed.
I hope the bump in your journey will once again run smooth. :hug: I must admit that being kind to myself is sometimes difficult. Like you, I expected to be at my initial goal weight by now. I have mometary lapses when I just want to stop worrying about my weight, especially when I have other things to think about. But I come to this board and it helps a lot. I also e-mail or call my two friends, not to talk about weight, but because no one's life is perfect, we need to support each other, and any one in need, in anyway we can. My long distance bills are sometimes high, but it is worth it. :) Are you near Genova? I have a friend Chiara there.:D

Just over my maintenace cals for the weekend, almost blew completely today. Because I feel so uncomfortable, I wanted to have lots of comfort food.:devil: I did about 1950 cals, and 140g carbs, so not too awful. about 300 cals.

Hello Thin, princess, and anyone I missed.K9O I hope work is going well.

Have a great weekend.

Sum38
01-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Scale is down 0.5 pound this morning; I am back to 150.5; :carrot: Another 0.5 pound and that will be my lowest weight in 3 1/2 years! I am DEFINITELY staying OP today!

Plan: Walk 5.2 miles

Bfast ~
Plain yogurt w/
Strawberries
Blueberries
Blackberries

Lunch ~
Lettuce with assorted veggies, feta cheese and 4 oz salmon.
Salad dressing

Dinner ~
Chicken baked in canned pineapple (NOT IN SYRUP!)
Brown rice
Veggie

Total 1115 + snacks

K9Owner
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi TOM, I've been expecting you.
Have a seat right over there in the corner beside the intense backache you brought with you this month!!! :stress:

Sum38
01-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Is there such a thing as ovulation weight gain?

forloveofself
01-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Sum, Yeah! :carrot: I see we have similar tastes in food.
My favourite dinner out is goat/feta cheese in olive oil on french bread appetizer, followed by salmon steak, green veggies and the only time I allow myself to have small boiled potates, often with a touch of sour cream!

K9O Sorry about having unwelcomed visitors, :p but there they are!:( the little sneaks! :)
Hope your back feels better today.

Surprised I'm still at 179lbs this morning as I start the calorie counting week off, considering I still feel like a bloated sausage. Sunday I had 1580 cals, only 80 carbs so much better than Saturday's 1950/145.

What I call Breakfast: nuts and dried apples & berries
Lunch: greek yohgurt and cheese sandwich
Dinner: either salmon cakes ( only like them homemade) or thin steak with green veggies and a lettuce/veggie salad.
Snacks: more dried fruit, a Temptations pudding cup.

Lots of Water throughout the day.

Have a great day everyone!:dizzy:

K9Owner
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Here's a link to the new thread
Slow Dancing with a Stranger {6} Salsa (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/250723-slow-dancing-stranger-6-salsa.html)