General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Bustin' Sugar - 2012

This thread is for anyone interested in support and friendship with others who follow a low glycemic diet, especially those who are sugar conscious... Sugarbusters, Glycemic Index Diet, etc. You are very welcome!

Happy New Year! Lets make this the best year ever!

Last edited by Ellen; 01-03-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #2  

Happy New Year! I am VERY glad today is back to normal. Tom is off to work, and I am taking down holiday decorations and putting them away. I really don't want to venture out itno the extremely cold weather to take down the outside decorations, so I may wait until it warm up later in the week.

Today its back on the straight and narrow for diet. I have been rather lax in my eating, and it shows up wickedly in my blood sugar levels. I went for a walk yesterday and the day before, but its still not great. I am missing the good numbers I had before I fell flat on my face in a vat of chocolate and caramel...

Hope everyone is doing well....
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #3  

Woo Hoo a new year.... Hope I do better....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #4  

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this is my year to get back on track an lose my weight. Wishing all a good year.
shortstuff5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #5  

Default Happy New Year! Here's to a better me!

Just starting a low sugar diet, not really sure what that means - no sugar, or just some you can't avoid? Anyway, was inspired by Glory87's story when she got away from white food and sugar. My hubby and I are giving it a try, though I'm still very close to honey

Hoping to get inspiration from this site and learn some tricks, recipes, etc.

Christy
Christyinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #6  

Had a late breakfast of one egg, rye toast and thin ham. I've been a sick and just now recuperateing. Hope to get back to my treadmill next week. Trying to get all the sugar and white stuff out of the house.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. sorry I have been MIA. With all the Christmas stuff and then I toyed with the idea of having a UTI, just couldn't decide until NYE so I think I let it go too long and I have been sicker than a dog since. Been to the doctor finally and she took 5 viles of blood. Hope to know what it is today. I am so weak and no energy & very sick at my stomach. I have lost 10 lbs. Not the way I wanted to but I just can't eat. I think I have gotten rid of the UTI but it could have gotten into my blood stream.So my for my NY resolution to not be sick or go to the doctor (other than 3 annual checkups) this year. But I can say it is a carry over from 2011. Ha-ha. So I have layed on the couch for over a week. I am really tired of this.

Toni, hope you are feeling better. This will be your year. I know it.

Ellen, thanks for the new thread.Hope your blood sugars are getting better. It is 60 here today. Love it.

Christy, Welcome. You can do this. Join in.

Shortstuff, Come on, you can do this. We need to hang together.

Off to pay bills which I am past due on. **** being sick. Happy New Year everone. Here's to a new, thinner year.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #8  

Just lost my whole post. Dang. So I'll say howdy to everyone and hope Solly you're feeling better. Sorry I don't feel like writing more.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #9  

Solly hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the encourgement.
shortstuff5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #10  

Greetings everyone! I had a meeting this morning at church...but I left it almost before it began because I did not feel well. I am better now after drinking a couple ounces of juice. I think I had not had enough breakfast....

We spent a good amount of time over the weekend working in cleaning out and and arranging the garage. We went to be able to park BOTH cars in there. Its cutting into my work space terribly, but I think it can be done.

I have been working very hard to get back to my really strict diet so I can get my blood sugars under control. So far, I am making progress. Its slower than I would like, but at least its going in the right direction.

SOLLY: I am so sorry you are sick again! ((hugs)) Feel better soon!

CHRISTY: So very glad to have you join us! Cutting out sugars and high glycemic foods can make a huge difference! Please let us know if you have any questions. Some of us have been doing Sugarbusters for a long long time!

Off to find some lunch!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #11  

Happy Monday. Just got off the treadmill. Had a good walk. I finally got on the scale and was pleased I only gained a couple of lbs. over the holidays. Am glad to get back off sugar and eating right. Had a nice week end. Steve's boss had his Christmas dinner and a nice restarant over the week end. I'm sorry I didn't make a better choice on the veggie. Next time. Our anniversary was Sunday so we out to breakfast. I really enjoyed our day of getting out and enjoying each other.

Ellen- You had a big job with the rearrangeing the garage. EEEEKKKK... Hope you get it all together. Have you got your new wheel up and running?

shortstuffs- How are you doing with your eating?

Solly- Hope you're feeling better.

Christy- Taking sugar and white stuff back out of my diet. The first week is the hardest.

Well time for Steve to come home for lunch so better start it. Happy day...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #12  

Had a great day yesterday. Eating was so good. Had a chicken breast marinaded in fat free Italian dressing and roasted brussel sprouts. But tonight I'll have to eat some noodles cause I'm thawing out turkey and noodles from the freezer. Still have some unhealthy meals that I don't want to waste. I'll try and pick most of them out. This new eating will have some twists. Yogurt, egg and rye toast with green tea for breakfast. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

May I join you ladies?

My husband and I started a low G.I. diet about a week ago. I guess you could call it Sugar Busters, or something similar. We have cut out white flour, sugar, white bread, potatoes, and a few different kinds of fruit. We're eating whole grains (and sourdough breads), lean proteins, most fruits and veggies, nuts, and lowfat cheeses/dairies. We're just trying to eat better with cleaner foods and cut out some of the junk we were eating.

A week into it, we're not doing as well as we thought. We've had a few days where we've both stepped on the scale and found that we've gained weight, which is very frustrating when we're being so restrictive. Overall, I lost a little less than 4 lbs so far. He's lost just a little bit more than me. Usually when I start a diet (I've done The Zone, Weight Watchers, and just general calorie counting), I can count on losing a good bit of weight the first week and then my progress slows down and I lose a steady pound or two each week thereafter. I don't usually find that I gain weight or lose none at all when I follow my diet like I am supposed to.

I do weigh every day. I can't go a week in between! We have both started exercising. I am aiming for 4-5 days a week. I'm working on increasing my water intake, which can be a challenge for me. I track everything I eat via an app on my phone.

I can't think of much else. I'm looking forward to this weight loss journey and any support/advice you guys have to offer. My goal is to lose 23 lbs by May (my child's first birthday), and another 15 or so after that.
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, still sick at my stomach. Most of the time I do not want to eat. The labs came back fine so the dr says it must be viral. Isn't that always their answer. I can't believe something viral would go on over 2 weeks. Some days I am just so tired. She did a mono test and that was negative too. Really tired of this, just want to feel better and get to exercising.

Ellen, it will be nice to park both cars in the garage for the winter. Hope you still have work space.

Toni, sounds like good eating there. The walking is great too. Keep it up.

Erin, I am sorry you gained wt at first. Can't explain that but hopefully you are on the right track now. you can do this. Glad you decided to join us.

Off to fix some baked chicken for dinner. Doesn't sound good to me, but then nothing does. Take care
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #15  

Just had 2 Tablespoons of hummus and 5 pita chips. Its my afternoon snack. Didn't do so hot last night but today I'm back on track. Got my treadmill in. Got a haircut today and my hair fixed, I'm all set for our snow LOL..... They say an inch here tonight.

Solly- Dang it I can't believe you're still sick. Why can't the darn doctors find out whats wrong. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Erin- Welcome aboard. Sounds like you're on the same track. You're eating like I'm trying to. Don't know why you didn't do better the first week. Maybe more water.

Well off to cook a pork chop and roasted brussel sprouts.