Chicks up for a Challenge - WOW 2012, ♥ Valentine's Day and I love me!!!

mothermavis
01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Let's start 2012 off right!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

mothermavis
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
OK, so I am Mavis (for those who wonder, no, not my real name, but the nickname I have always used here...) 45, irritated by that as I thought I was 43 last week until DH corrected me. Stressed to the max with a kid who has decided to take a break from college, but has no freaking job. Another who is thinking law school, can you say burnout times x2. A husband who has a job that stresses him to the max every day and a brand new board to deal with in an appointed position and 2 ****ty wah jobs of my own. Top that with 2 much debt and I am the sole caregiver for my 89 yr old FIL and you have a recipe for stressed out.

Regardless, this challenge is about carving out me time. My goal is to get back under 150 by Valentine's, right around 160 again, so I need to focus. Help me. Please.

W 100
E did the stairs 3x yesterday, 8th fl = 16 flights per time. Repeat today and running C25k on the dreadmill tonight, redo, for the 5th time I think. Whatever, doing it regardless because that's what I have time for
E OP, low carb, low fat and move thy ***. That's the plan
D Breathe, you are worth the work. Besides, if I break, who will take care of them.

I love you girls, you are my sanity. I do not have time for personals every day or sometimes even to check in, but will as often as life allows. Hope you are all still here. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

emiloots
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Mavis!

I'm Emily, soon to be 32 (eek!) on Friday, mom to three Connor (5), Desmond (3) and Darcy (6 months). I work full-time outside of the home and my hubs is an engineer and tends to have periods of travel and crazy hours. Before kids I was 135 lbs, with each one I gained and retained weight. Now that our family is complete there are no more excuses! I weighed in at 183.4 this morning...not good seeing as I was 176 in October. During this 6 week challenge my goal is to get back down to where I was this fall.

W - 100
E - Need to find something that I can incorporate into my day besides just walking
E - carbs ~100g/day (not successful today :( )
D - I'm taking 30 minutes before I go to bed to read, it's one my my great loves that has gone by the wayside since having kids

TIARA
01-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Hello ladies, ive been here before but due to holidays and my grandpa passing away i gave myself permission to self medicate with food and im almost back to my starting weight.
My name is Tiara im 23 gonna be 24 on feb 13. i live in Hawaii, and i work as a prep cook. i weighed in to day at a very sad 287.6. im disappointing i let myself gain so much back but enough self pity i will overcome this.
W 64
E none yet( im starting my healthy cooking then im gonna add it in.)
E portion control/ no starches/ sweets/ and soda.
D clean my room

Emily, your kids have grown from the last time i was on here.very beautiful.
mothermavis.. hi.. i was wondering if jeni is still on here?

berryblondeboys
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I'll join in too!

My name is Melissa? I just turned 42. I have two kids - 15 and 6. Married for 18 years. Valentines daynisnaspecial annioverry for dh and me so I want to feel great! and I am disgusted that I gained 14 pounds in 2 weeks over the holidays. I also skipped almost all formal exercise for the month of December, not good.

My goal for Valentine's day is to back to where I was before the holidays hit. 171.2 I should be able to do it because I didn't go crazy and I think I'm holding a lot of water weight from all the increased carbs.

I did great today. Hoping it's all back to normal for me, but the day befor yesterday I lost control and that scared the crapola out of me.

mothermavis
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi Emi! Happy Birthday!

Countrybarbie24
01-04-2012, 02:19 AM
hello ladys I am ready for a new WEED challenge.. I have gained some weight and didn't really want to starting the new year, but I did so no need to dwell on it. I am going to try as hard as I can to stay on plan.

W- 16oz
E-walked 3-4 miles
E-I eat around 1500-1800 calories today
D-Ready to look on the outside, how I feel on the inside..

mothermavis
01-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Ti, Jeni has been MIA, her shift changed and her hubby had a new job, so thinking life got crazy, hoping she will be back for the new year!!

emiloots
01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Tiara - welcome back! So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know it sounds cliche but the new year is really the perfect time to recommit!

Melissa - Welcome to the group!

Barbie - I gained over the holidays too, nothing we can do about it but put our noses to the grindstone.

Mavis - thanks for the bday wishes, how is it I feel like I just got out of college and bam I'm married and have three kids - wish life would slow down!

Doing good today, work is busy but it keeps me occupied.

W - 100
E - walk, going to Tarjay to check out a kettlebells workout that's been recommended to me - does that count ;)
E - OP
D - Get to sleep relatively on time tonight, getting sick!

dandk0204
01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi ya'll I'm new to the challenge. I'm Ashley, 26 yrs old, mom of 4 (9 yr old, soon to be 8 yr old and 1 yr old twins.) Married for 8 yrs. My highest weight was 318 back in Jan 08' and got down to 210 in June 08'. I maintained until I got pregnant with the twins and gained back to 268 so here I am :)

W: 110 ounces
E: 2 mile WATP
E: Made healthy choices even though its my twins' 1st birthday. I stayed away from cake!!!
D: Be proud of yourself!

TIARA
01-05-2012, 02:48 AM
w 70oz
e house cleaning..
e no starches, sugar and soda
d plan a trip...

Mothermavis.. thanks i was wondering where she was.
emily. thanks
barbie,ashley, melissa... hello

i personally weigh myself everyday. i know thats bad but it help me.. lol anyway i had good numbers today which started off my day right.
i must say going to bed content than over stuffed with food is a nice change.

mothermavis
01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Morning all!

Ashley, Happy Birthday to your babies!

W 100
E Stairs, 4th day of 48 floors although I have not stepped on the treadmill as planned
E OP
D Sticking with it

lluvyblu
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
New here. Last year I lost about 25 pounds and I've gained about 15 of it back :(. So now I'm back on 3FC trying to do it all again...and then some. As of this morning I weigh 197. I'm a 22 year old senior in college. Trying to lose about 25 pounds by graduation. My goal for January is ~5 pounds.

W* 96 oz (3 refills of my water bottle)
E* 20 minute walk
E* No seconds at dinner
D* Seeing 170 before graduation is a healthy possibility. I'm excited.

dandk0204
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
W: 120 ounces water
E: 32 minute walk (1.75 miles) and 30 minutes step ups on wii board.
E: Ate good but had more salt than normal also ate 3 lemonheads (not going to beat myself up about it could have been worse)
D: This is not a sprint it is a marathon.

Thinsole
01-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Hi Mavis, emily, and Countrybarbie! Good to see you on another thread. Welcome to all the new people!

I'm Liz, a 29 year old single girl whose living on her own and working full time. I quit smoking in July of 2010 and started working out in Feb 2011. When I started I weighed 265 lbs. I am now hovering in the 208-206 lb range, so tantalizingly close to Onderland. Right now I'm working my way through the Ease to 10K program and generally choosing food I know is healthy and nutritious vs junk food.

It's the beginning of the year and I'm feeling in my stride already. Woot!

W- 80 oz (I'm on my last refill of my water bottle for the day)
E- 3 mile walk, 40 min legs & ab done
E- No eating after work
D- Wisdom is gained through honest reflection.

emiloots
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Happy Friday everyone - my 32nd birthday has graced with with a knock me on my a** cold (boo!). Was supposed to go for sushi at lunch today but I postponed it till next week so I can actually enjoy my food.

Ashley, lluvy - welcome!

Thin - sooo close, can't wait to see you hit onderland!

W - 100+
E - nothing today, sleep will be my birthday request to my husband!
E - whatever I manage to eat, probably not much
D - take care of me today, hubs can manage the kids when he gets home

jcatron243
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Hiya guys. I am around. Barely.

Happy Birthday Em!

Nothing new to report on my end, still weeding everyday, just quietly. Still struggling to find a spare 30 minutes to workout. Craziness is just about to start for me. From swimming, cooking, and basketball to babysitting my 2 month old niece plus my 9 year old nephew on my days off, I am being pulled in a ton of directions. I'm lucky that Will is helping out as much as he can. I may get an eight week break from night shift, so that will help with my workouts. I will find out tonight.

W always 80 oz
E shooting for 30 minutes
E 1200 cals. doing really well with this lately.
D get on my treadmill.

Thinsole
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Emily-:bday2you: Hope you feel better.

Jcatron- Nice to see you. Hope you got your break.

It's 47 degrees out today. While that's not totally unheard of (we usually have a Jan thaw) this year we have yet to have a freeze. My trees are all confused and budding out.

W- 80 oz
E- some walking, and arm day
E- No eating after work
D- Steady as she goes.

lluvyblu
01-06-2012, 07:05 PM
W~ 32 more oz before bed. had 32oz during workout
E~ 30 minutes on elliptical
E~ no eating after 8 tonight
D~ i was built for greatness

Countrybarbie24
01-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Happy birthday emily.

Thinsole today high was 60. It has been cold, but this has been a warm winter. Last year we had lots of snow and a white Christmas this year the weather is hot and cold lol.

I live in GA so warm weather of high in 62 ain't un heard of.

I have been so stressed and just really emotional. I wish I could get to a punching bag and a treadmill. I need to "hit and run"

W- 16oz
E- walking
E- subway subs for lunch and supper.
D- Daring to dream. They never said it will be easy, they just said it will be worth it.

mothermavis
01-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Welcome Tina!

Jeni!!:carrot: Miss you Girl, but completely get it.

W 100 hard for me when I am not in the office
E Showing a house this morning, running this afternoon
E OP
D Just made vacation plans for the first week of June with DH. Planning to wear a swimsuit and shorts, so need to stay on plan. I want to be in the 120's when we leave. That's about 30 pounds in 6 months, can do.

mothermavis
01-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah and Happy Birthday Emily!! Hope you feel better soon!

lluvyblu
01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
W~ 64oz
E~ 10 min netflix workout
E~ no candy
D~ doing some decluttering of my apartment today. hopefully it will make my environment more peaceful

Thinsole
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Countrybarbie- Shadow box! Throw on some good music and just pretend punch the crap out of something. And run in place. I was a skeptic about running in place until I tried it.

Awwtina- :welcome: If I could go back and give myself any advice at the beginning of my journey it would be don't go crazy. Gradual, sustainable changes in exercise and diet are the way to go. Not only do you feel great when you set a small goal and accomplish it, you can do it without major life disruption.

W- 80 oz
E- E210K W4D2 Done
E- Sensible eating
D- Old habits die hard, but they can die.

mothermavis
01-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Crazy weekend. Back to work today. Looking forward to next weekend as it's a 4 day break!

W 100
E OP
E crunches, stairs, anything else is a bonus
D One choice at a time

emiloots
01-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Jeni - miss you here! Hope you get your break from nights.

Mavis - a swimsuit...now that's a motivator!

Tina - WELCOME!!!

Still sick (boo) but slowly getting there I hope. Bought a kettlebells workout this weekend - it will have to wait until this sinus stuff is over. Bending over and moving fast gives me pressure headaches right now! Hope everyone has a great start to their week, 5 weeks to go!

W - 100+
E - just stay active today
E - OP
D - read, keep with the decluttering around the house

Thinsole
01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Is it Monday already?

W- 80
E- leg and ab work
E- OP
D- Just get through the next couple days.

Dottington
01-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I was wondering if I could join? It seems like a really nice group and set up :) My names Dottie, I'm 24 and I work as a piano teacher. I'm calorie counting and just got a personal trainer. I have a goal of doing 8-9 miles of exercise per day(either biking or walking) I know being accountable here will really help to keep me on track!

W-80z
E-Gym 45 min
E-1500 cal
D-I am worth it

emiloots
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Dottie - Welcome to the group!

Did really good yesterday with food up until dinner, then I ate too much bread (DH bought this really good Jalapeno/Cheddar Bread) with my homemade Cream of Tomato soup. Still trying to kick this bug for good, not quite there yet but slowly getting better. I'm really good about calorie counting during the day until I get home with the kids and make dinner, trying to be better. Hope everyone is hanging in there...

W - 100
E - just stay active today
E - OP
D - Read some more tonight, laundry, be consistent

MarieA
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi Ladies, I'd love to join you. I have struggled with my weight most of my life I am 28 I am going to be 29 in March and its all hitting me. I don't want to spend another year freaking out everytime the scale gets closer to 300lbs. 2 years ago I was 180 and then my Fiance and I moved in together and well now I am between 260 and 240.

W 100
E 2 of the videos I bought a year ago and have used twice
E No munchies
D I want to look hot for my 29th

emiloots
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Marie - Welcome!!!

Home with a sick bambina today, it's kind of a blessing in disguise because I was stressing about how messy the house was this morning before I left for work. Feeling better today, not 100% but getting there. Hope everyone's having a good day so far!

W - 100
E - house cleaning, maybe kettlebells tonight - we'll see
E - OP
D - clean, read, get to sleep tonight before midnight for once!

Thinsole
01-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Emily- Hope you kiddo feels better.

Marie- :welcome: This is an awesome place to start. The daily accountability has saved my butt a few times now.

W- 80 oz
E- 3 mi walk, mid-week challenge
E- Oooh baby, my nose to the grindstone calorie wise
D- Work for it, don't whine for it.

pearl74
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi i'm new to the challenge

I'm 37 - mother to 2 - new GIGI to one and work mostly in a professional job with alot of sitting...

W - 64 oz

E - at least 20 mins walking a day

E - Watching my calories and fat and eliminating a lot of sugar and carbs

D - Little goals met is still a goal met.. :) Then that makes room for a bigger goal.. :)

Dottington
01-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Yesterday I managed to stay completely on plan. I'm really sick today though so no exercise :(

W-100
E-none
E-1300 cal
D-must remember to not use being sick as an excuse to overeat!

Countrybarbie24
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Well I am frustrated. This week I am surprised I lost anything. I have been so stressed and over eating with little to no exercise. I just knew that I had gained. This spring semester is giving me a headache and stressing me. Every time I turn around something has gone wrong GRRRR. Oh well time to get back on track. I am so mad at my self for getting off track and not exercising like I am suppose to. This loosing weight thing is hard, but I always try to remind my self oh the good ol saying. They never said it be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. So I just have to keep reminding my self that this is a journey and I will make mistakes and fail from time to time, but I have to keep going because it will be worth it in the end.

To top it off I have been having headaches and feeling light headed. I been feeling this for maybe a month or two. Off and on. I aint sure what it is. I usually have normal BP, but could be that I am having low BP. I just wish it would stop because I really don't want to have go to the DR.

Baseline: 1/5 --265
Week 1 : 1/12 --263

W-None
E-None
E-so far I have had may 200 cal today
D-It is worth it, I AM WORTH IT!!!

Dottington
01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
still uber sick :p I really hate not being able to go to the gym.

countrybarbie-I'm sorry you're stressed right now and hope things get better for you soon!

W-100
E-none
E-1300 cal
D-eating more food won't make me better quicker!

emiloots
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Countrybarbie - sorry you're feeling so stressed lately. Maybe your blood sugar is bottoming out? I've had hypoglycemia since I was little and I get light-headed, cold sweats etc when my sugar plummets.

Dottington - hope you're feeling better soon, congrats on staying OP

Pearl - WELCOME!!!

Today was not the best food wise, not horrible by any means but not as good as it needs to be. Getting all new appliances tomorrow (yay) so I'm a bit stoked! Hope everyone's hanging in there!

W - 100
E - none
E - mitigate damage
D - read, get kitchen ready for the new appliances, laundry

Countrybarbie24
01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Well update:

My glucose this morning was like 95 when I checked it. My bf is a diabetic so I was able to check it with his.

I went to the ER since my mama was wanting me to go. Well my BP was at first 240/98 then that waited a few minutes and checked it again and it was like 168/98. They said the headaches and light headedness was from stress and my BP being elevated.
They gave me a shot in my hip :( and something to help with dizzyness. They sent me home with some meds that suppose help with pain and lower my BP.... So I am just going to rest.

Also my CBC was abnormal.
everything else was normal.

Thinsole
01-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Countrybarbie- Glad you found out what was wrong and got stuff to help fix it. Weight loss is a long road, doubly so with the inevitable health problems. Hopefully after some rest you'll be able to get back to it.

:welcome: Pearl

Emily- Congrats on the shiny new appliance.

Dottington- Hope you feel better.

W- 80 oz
E- rest day
E- low cal, clean eating
D- I didn't put it on in one day.

Dottington
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Still sick :( But still OP eating at least! Luckily my appetite is gone so its not too hard. Last night I was able to resist eating something sweet. I'm at my parents house and its filled with cookies, cakes, chocolate pretzels ect But I managed to get through the night with just water :)

W-100
E-none
E-Going to go easy on counting but will still eat healthy
D-visiting a friend isn't an excuse to binge!

countrybarbie-so sorry you ended up at the hospital! I'm glad you found out what was wrong though.

emily-congrats on the new appliances

thinsole-thanks! I hope this illness will be gone soon!

Modjeska
01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Is it too late to join? I promised myself I'd meet my first goal by Valentine's Day, and I'm having a hard time sticking to that.

I'm 36, married but living separately, with an almost 16-year-old son. I work full time, but I love what I do. I love being outdoors and being active, but I'm prone to hibernate in the winter. I've been vegan for about 4 years, but I eat entirely too much junk food. I'm loosely following the Eat to Live plan. I need to lose between 40 and 60 pounds, depending on what it looks like when I get that far. I'm hoping I still have enough muscle under this fat layer to make 135 look good. :)

My son is a distance runner, and his fitness level puts me to shame. My long term fitness goal is to run a 5k with him - or rather, behind him - this summer. As for the WEED, I think I'm supposed to set those goals, right?
So, W - 64oz. E - 30 minutes of exercise daily. E - No refined sugars, no more than one grain of bread serving, as many fruits and veggies as I can shove in my mouth. I don't eat meat, dairy or eggs, so as long as I follow those rules, my calorie intake stays easily under 1200 calories. D - I will remember that big goals are met through a long series of tiny good decisions.

Excited to get to know everyone!

mothermavis
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Mod, it's never too late to join us! Welcome!

Thinsole
01-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Mod- :welcome:

Dottington- Way to go on sticking with the good eating and staying away from all the wonderful goodies. I always repeat the mantra "I am not a garbage disposal."

W- 80 oz (on my last 20)
E- low cal, weigh in is tomorrow
E- E210K W5D1, 40 min Tae Bo, body weight exercises (Done)
D- One pound at a time

Thinsole
01-15-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm having a depressed day today. I worked my tail off all week, ate well, drank water, and only lost 0.4 lbs. I don't understand it. I've been stuck at around 208-206 for 7 weeks now and I just can't seem to get passed it.

This week I logged 3 miles walking or running 5 out of 7 days. Did at least 30 additional minutes of cardio a day. Add in an hour of weight training a day and it just doesn't make sense. I've switched up my routine, added exercise, subtracted food...I don't know what more I can do.

I am feeling very defeated at the moment and pretty much want to curl up on my bed, watch TV, and say :censored: to weight loss I'm eating a pizza.

I know, I know. I'm throwing myself a one person pity party but I am bitterly disappointed by the number on the scale and today I just don't have the inner strength to pick myself back up.

So no WEED for me today.

mothermavis
01-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Thin, have you taken any measurements? You are working so hard, the number on the scale will catch up, but in the meantime, why don't you take your measurements. I bet you are losing inches, even if you aren't losing pounds.

I am so proud of you and all your hard work.

emiloots
01-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Thin - significantly upping our exercise, especially weight training can make you hold on to water. Lifting weights literally tear your muscle fibers, the repair process which also 'builds muscle' will retain fluid. If you're sore - you're retaining fluid. Years ago when I had a personal trainer I gained 4 lbs over a 12 week session, but when we took my measurements at the end of my session I had lost inches everywhere and my body fat had decreased. The scale doesn't tell all so don't put too much stock in it. You're doing an amazing job!

Countrybarbie24
01-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I feel like I have gained alot of weight this week. I have barley exercised and my eating has been all kinds of crazy. Today is a new day and I am trying to start it off right by eating healthy breakfast and going to exercise.
I have been busy trying to stay stress free and busy with school. This semester is kicking my butt. I hate to weigh in and see what the scale has to say. Time to get back OP and get this weight off. I want to look in mirror and see on the outside how I feel on the inside. I am learning that it takes time to loose this weight and even though I am struggling the main thing that matters it that I get back up and finish what I have started.

I think I will weigh in today to see where I am at. Hopefully the scale wont be to mean.

Keep on keeping on lady's and remember you are worth it and it ain't easy but it is worth it....

Dottington
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Sorry I've been gone for a few days! My sickness got out of control and I couldn't even get out of bed :( I gave up on trying to count calories for a few days but am feeling a lot better today and am back on track!

I lost a bit over a pound the last week so at least before I got sick I was doing something right!

W-100
E-under 1500
E-maybe some light cardio(if I continue to feel better)
D-being healthy is more important than losing weight, especially when I've been sick!

Thinsole-I'm sure you'll get a big woosh soon!

mothermavis
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is feeling better.

W 100
E got 10k steps in!!
E OP, did well
D Focus!

Dottington
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Totally hitting the gym today!!! Soooo excited :D

mothermavis-great job on getting so many steps in!

W-100
E-1200 net
E-Moderate stationary bike 45 min
D-It's time to get back into gear!

mothermavis
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks Dot, hope you made the gym too!

W 100
E got over 10k steps again
E OP
D Choices!

Thinsole
01-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Mavis, Emily- Thanks for the pick me ups. I really needed them. That and a few days just off doing what I need to do. I haven't changed my workout schedule (as I'm doing a Biggest Loser challenge) and I still haven't seen the scale go down. I did take measurements but the only place I've lost inches since November is on my thighs (and only about a half an inch). So I have no clue (still) what is going on. I guess I just have to keep at it and wait it out.

Country barbie- Thanks. I sure hope so. A whoosh will send me partying. Hope your weigh in went well.

Dottington- Sorry you've been so sick. But awesome that what you have been able to do is working. Hope you feel better.

Hey Mavis, what are 10K steps?

W-80 oz (done)
E- 3 mile walk, 1 hour weight lifting, 30 min cardio
E- under 1600
D- I will never be able to not skip again.

mothermavis
01-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Thin, 10k is just strapping on the pedometer and trying to get 10,000 steps a day. Hoping your whoosh comes soon!:carrot::carrot:

Countrybarbie24
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I bought me a pedometer and I love it. I realized I don't walk enough lol...

Well time to weigh in and then off to do get some homework in and study I have 10 chapters due by feb 10....

Thin it will come off just give it time. Maybe try eating fewer or more calories? Surprise your body with something new that might make it go down...

Keep on keeping on lady's, it will be worth it...

emiloots
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Afternoon ladies -

Half-day today, Darcy's had a fever for two days so I worked this morning and came home so my hubs could go in to work. Tired today, contemplating doing absolutely nothing but taking care of the baby and relaxing until I have to pick up the boys. Food has been OK, really need to step it up but I feel so mentally scattered all the time - just gotta get it together! Going to Connor's kindergarten open house/Q&A for next school year tonight - I can't believe he's already going to kindy, where did the time go!?!

Howdy all - hope you're doing great!

W - 100 (been slacking on this the past few days)
E - nothing :(
E - Stay within calorie range (1300-1400)
D - pick something and finish it!

Dottington
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
So I've been kidding myself into trying to believe I'm completely better :/ I have not been to the gym because no one will let me go since they say I'm too sick....I really wish I could afford to take a day off from work so I could finally get completely better!

countrybarbie-good luck with all your homework!

thinsole-keep it up! I'm sure it will come off in time :)

W-100 oz
E-I wish!
E-under 1500
D-one day off plan isn't worth the week long gain!

mtiger
01-21-2012, 09:40 AM
OKAY I'm here, I'm here. WOW!! I have got to get myself on track ladies.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mindy, I am a newlywed (married my high school sweetheart in April) I have 2 kids 23 and 26. I teach a 4/5 split this year. My life has been a roller coaster for the last few years now. I used to weigh 250 pounds. OOH!! Can't even imagine that now. I find that if I don't really pay attention, I can gain very easily. That's what I did over the holidays..about 10 pounds.

We are doing a BL challenge at school and I am thinking of joining WW also. So far I have lost my weight all on my own. Since I am down to where I need to lose about 40 pounds I think I need a little more focused program. It has been about 2 years since I have really lost anything and I really want this 40 pounds gone.

I will get here as often as I can. Teaching and married life keep me a bit busy, but I will do my best.

Countrybarbie24
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Dott- Sorry you ain't feeling competely better hope you are back to normal and in the gym soon.. Thanks I am stressing because I have to get back to a 3.0 for the semesters that got messed up to get my Hope grant back. I am so stressed out about it... I have to make all A's this semester so I can't afford any Bs :(

I hate that it seems lately all I do is complain and never have any good news. Well I did make 98 on week one assignment and 100 on my pre-writing.. Hoping to make 100 on all 10 chapter test I have due by feb 10(stress arg!!) Well I have been feeling not right lately... I have been trying to go into a depressive mode and every-time I am like no I will not let it come on cause I am stronger than that...

Well I have been down and out to long, time to get back in the swing of things.... Time to find that willpower and keep it..

I want to wait till I loose 35pounds to cut my hair, but don't know how long I can wait lol....

I know I can loose this weight and I know I can find the willpower to stay on plan because I have before(gained all 60lbs back :( ) When I loose 60lbs I plan on getting a tatt that say country strong and a Chinese symbol that means strength.. I have to tell myself no and mean it... Sorry for the long reply, but I have to get it out...
I have so many fears and so much hurt and I have realized that is what holding me back just have to learn how to deal with it...
I will admit that I am an emotional eater and I am addicted to food... As writing this it is hard but I have to tell someone who might understand how I am feeling.

Remember lady's that it may not be easy, but it is worth it...

Crawlil
01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Newbie here ;)

A little about me and mine. happily Married to my best friend and have 4 girls ages 13,10,6 & 3. I was average weight till I started having babies. I am a homeschooling sahm and I love it. being home all the time sometimes leads to boredom eating. I started my WL journey on 1/5 and have lost about 10 pounds and started WW today to see if it gives me a boost.

I forgot the acronym for W.E.E.D already :o

W (something about water right?) I try to do 3 24oz cups a day
E (exercise?) I'm with injury (knee) so today I rested it.
E (eating?) I stuck to my points and under 1330 calories
D yup totally forgot what this one means but tomorrow is a new day lol

Dottington
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
countrybarbie-you can do it!!! :hug:

Totally went off a couple days the last week :( But I am completely better now! :carrot: I talked with my personal trainer last night and we're going to plan for this next week! I really, really need exercise. Dieting alone is just so hard for me! Also I feel like exercise really makes a bigger difference on my body.

W-100
E-gym 45 min
E-under 1500
D-You're better now, so get moving!

Thinsole
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I gained 5.6 pounds this week.

There are no words.

mothermavis
01-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Thin, I am sorry, I know how crappy those weeks feel. Start again today. :hug:

emiloots
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Thin - so sorry, on the bright side there is no way in effing he11 you can gain 5.6 lbs of fat in one week. Stay strong and give it a week, then you'll see where you stand :hug:

Country - you can do it!

Dott - glad you're feeling better

Mindy - hi stranger, glad to see you back :)

Crawlil - welcome to the group, and congrats on the 10 pound loss!

Long weekend, feel like I get nothing accomplished. Weighed myself this morning at 181 :( ugh Hope everyone's having a good day :O)

W - 100+
E - does 5-6 loads of laundry count?
E - no eating after dinner!
D - try and find some positive, feel myself slipping towards the negative each day

mothermavis
01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
OK girls, let's dig ourselves out of the dumps.

Nothing in the bag of chips that is going to make me feel better, so let's got our selves together. So tomorrow, back on the wagon

W 100
E Stairs x3, 10k steps
E POP
D Good choices!

mtiger
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Down a little bit today and going to workout after school. Let's see if that helps.

Dottington
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Thin-I agree with emiloots that theres no way you could have actually gained 5lbs of fat in a week. I know its awful to see the scale go up though when you've been working so hard though!

I seemed to have stalled a bit this week :/ Hopefully some exercise will help jump start things!

W-100
E-gym 45 min
E-1200 net
D-No one's going to do this work for you!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thinsole
01-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Mavis, Emily, Dottington: Thank you! I didn't think about the fact that I actually couldn't gain that much fat in one week unless I stuck my face 24/7 in a pizza. Thankfully I did not do that.

Seems like more than one of us is in a bit of a stall. Mavis is right! Let's dig in deep, (and not into the chip bag)!

So this week I planned out my meals, and it's helped. I'm still struggling with eating dinner at 7, working till 11, and then staying up till 1. And still struggling with a bit of depressed feelings and the resulting urge to self-medicate through food. So this week I've been thinking about other ways I can feel like I'm rewarding or pampering myself. Most of the ideas I came up with are not good ones, so still searching.

W-100 oz (done)
E- W6D1 of E210K, 1 h leg & ab exercise, 30 min cardio (done)
E- Follow my meal plan (done with the addition of 100 cal or popcorn which still falls under my calorie count)
D- The greatest thing I have gained through weight loss is the knowledge that I can...

mothermavis
01-25-2012, 08:23 AM
GRRR lost my post!

W 100
E 10k steps, thinking I want Zumba for WII, anyone tried it? Thoughts?
E POP, need to clean the food up
D Depression kicks my a$$, know stress is a huge part of my issue, need to get it sorted out

mtiger
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
The TOM weight is leaving with TOM. YAY!!! I have a weigh-in at school tomorrow..the first one. I want it to be good. I am writing down all food once again and I think it helps. I didn't eat very much yesterday so I treated myself to some chex mix and still lost a pound. Workout was Jillians kickboxing. Always a ton of fun there. We had some newbies join us and they were dying. Made me feel good.

Thinsole
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Mavis- Hope you feel better!

mTiger- Hurray for TOM weight shedding!

W- 80 oz
E- >1 m walk, 30 min cardio
E- On plan
D- Keep going.

Dottington
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
mtiger-congrats on the loss!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

I actually feel like I did very good today! So far its been a good week so I'm hoping the scale will reward me tomorrow!

W-100
E-1 hour gym
E-OP
D-Don't undo it all just because you've been good for 3 days!

mtiger
01-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Off to weigh-in this morning. I am down a few pounds. Not as much as I would have liked but still.... I won't win this week, but my clothes fit a little bit better.

Did Jillians new buns and thighs last night. OUCH!!! I'm sure we will do something equally fun tonight. I NEED to get back to the 170's...soon.

Countrybarbie24
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Wow time has caught up with me I forgot that I had to weigh in today. I have been super busy with school and study<sighs> ....

Glad to see everyone is doing good..

W- maybe 8oz
E- weights and crunches
E- 1500 calories
D- Country Strong.... <It not easy, but it is worth it>

Thinsole
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
mtiger- Way to go on losing some poundage!

W- 80 oz
E- 3 m walk, 45 min cardio, 50 min abs and back
E- Under 1500
D- Want it? Earn it.

mtiger
01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Only lost 1.5 at school. It was more than that at home. I was feeling pretty good yesterday. I need to get in at least one workout over the weekends. This being married thing is cutting into my ME time.

Thinsole
01-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Lost 3.2 pounds this week. So I'm still carrying 2.4 of the pounds I gained last week. 9 pounds are all that stand between me and Onderland. I've been stuck at this weight within a pound or two since November of last year. I can't realistically add any more exercise to my schedule. The food plan I made up last Sunday for the whole week worked. But it got harder to stick to yesterday and Friday.

I think my biggest hurdle right now is psychological. So you can skip this part because I'm going to do a little out loud reflection.

I feel like I'm denying myself. My diet crashes (ie Thanksgiving and Christmas) started in November right after Deer season. Deer season I spent a week denying myself all of the horrid junk food my family gorged on. I am angry that other people can eat whatever they want either because they are already thin or don't care about their weight.

My weight loss started to stall in November. This stall may be caused by a combination of natural plateau, irregular diet crashes (and holidays), my body adjusting to exercise intensity, and the stress caused by my lack of weight loss. Also, the longer I go without consistent weight loss the larger my diet crashes have been getting.

So in order to lose weight consistently I need to not only change exercise and deal with stress, but recognize the psychological triggers that cause my binge eating and deal with them.

Ugh, the psychological side of stuff is always so much more difficult. Weight loss is going to be like quitting smoking all over again. Well, at least I've already done it once successfully. That means I know what to do, now I just have to go about the business of doing it.

W- 80 oz
E- Rest Day
E- Dinner out with a friend so I'm going to be reasonable.
D- Start today or regret tomorrow.

mothermavis
01-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Thin, glad it's moving in the right direction again!

I have to beat back my demons and then can move forward, but in the meantime, I am trying to maintain and even find baby steps forward.

W 100
E Any would be good, maybe some stairs at work and a short walk at lunch
E OP
D I can

mtiger
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Thin- Just this morning I was feeling very frustrated. I lost 70 pounds over the course of a few years. Then Got stuck. I've been stuck for a long time. It doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't seem to get out of the 170's. Over Christmas I gained about 10 pounds and am trying really hard to get those off. I workout, eat right and make very little progress. SSSOOO frustrating. I understand your pain.

I have toyed with the idea of joining weight watchers but think...is it any different than the calorie counting I am already doing?? Something needs to change, food or exercise. I don't know what to try.

Thinsole
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
mtiger- Hope you find something that works (be sure to let me know if you do ;) Congrats on the 70 pounds. That is awesome!

W- 80 oz
E- 1 mile run, 2 m walk, arms & abs
E- Veggies veggies veggies
D-The only way is forward.

mtiger
02-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Awesome workout last night. I hurt my foot somehow. Hope it's not too bad. I went down a few pounds today so that's good. I want a good weigh-in for tomorrow for BL at school.

Here's the plan..with a little help from SHAPE. Get my water in everyday, especially the weekends when I tend to slack off. Get in a few more minutes in my workouts. Instead of just the standard 30 min. DVD, add an extra ten. Let's see how this works.

Dottington
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey! So I've managed to lose 3lbs in the last 3 weeks which I'm very proud of :3 Of course I wish it was more, but at least I'm sticking with it! I just have to get off of having a cheat day :/ Last week I had one it totally stalled my efforts. My cheat days are out of control, so I either need to reign them in or just get rid of them all together.

mtiger-sorry about your foot! congratulations on the loss though!

thinsole-I can so relate to all the psychological stuff being so much harder! :hug:

mothermavis-you can do it!

W-100
E-gym
E-1200 net
D-exercise is the only way to really change your body!

emiloots
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey Ladies -

Crazy busy week, life needs to slow down a little. My mom was here for Desmond's 3rd birthday this past weekend and just left this morning.

Dottington - congrats on being down 3 pounds! When I was on Weight Watchers back in the day (before kids) I did one cheat a month. It worked well for me, I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for almost 3 years before I got pregnant with my first. It was a serious cheat - like we'd go to Outback and scarf a whole plate of cheese fries!

Mindy - being a former Weight Watchers member, I think if you can stick to calorie counting it's essentially the same thing. I've heard from several people that they have had less success on the new version of the program.

Hope everyone is doing well - keep at it!

Dottington
02-02-2012, 09:01 PM
emiloots-thanks! and yeah maybe I should just try and aim for once a month cheat instead of once a week :)

My boyfriend has really gotten into this healthier lifestyle stuff and its so nice to have his support. He really keeps me accountable and more on track so I feel like I've done really well this week :)

W-100
E-walking
E-less then 1500 net
D-don't blow it all on one day!

Thinsole
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Dottington- Congrats on the 3 pounds. It's so awesome that your boyfriend is involved in you weight loss.

Work has been crazy the last few days. First I was working over time, then getting a crash course in how to do my bosses job. I got exactly 2 hours of training and tomorrow I start being the boss (my boss has to go to another unit to whip them into shape. He'll be gone for only a few weeks). So stress is up.

W- 60 oz
E- ab & leg exercise
E- on plan
D- Take time to de-stress

Dottington
02-03-2012, 05:46 PM
thinsole-thanks! Gosh that sounds stressful, good luck and try not to get too stressed! :)

So naturally as soon as I visit my parents my whole plan fell apart :( I ate 3000 calories yesterday....ugh so awful. Naturally I'm up today because of it, but I'm just trying to get back on track today and try not to sweat it too much lest I let one bad day turn into 3....

W-100
E-walking
E-Under 1500 net
D-one day won't ruin you, but 2 is unacceptable. Must stay on track!

mtiger
02-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I tried to post the other day but it wouldn't go through. Hate that!!

So on Thursday I lost 2.5 pounds, good enough for 2nd place and $5. I'll take it. I am really trying hard this weekend to get in some workouts and drink water. I tend to slack on that over the weekend. Hope it helps.

The only real problem I have is deciding how many calories to eat. Dr. Oz said yesterday that to lose you should eat between 1500-1600. Heck I only eat 1300-1400. Should I eat more. But then there is this theory that you stick to a lower cal diet for several days and then have a cheat day, say maybe 1800 calories. Oh what to do. If someone only had the magical answer.

Dott- One day won't kill you. Get right back with it and you'll be fine.

Emi- Thanks for the tip.

emiloots
02-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Thinsole - congrats on the new role at work! Despite it's stress level at least it shows that your boss thinks highly of you and your abilities.

Dottington - hope you're back on track today!

Mindy - yay for 2.5 lbs!!

Doing good, 0.2 pounds away from being back in the 170's. Still time to make that goal but not much! Hope you ladies are all having a great weekend!

W - 100
E - walk the dog
E - OP
D - start my book (I got the Hunger Games Trilogy for christmas...still haven't started!)

Dottington
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
emiloots-great job! I'm sure you'll make your goal :)

mtiger-great job on the loss!

Back on track :)

W-100
E-walking
E-under 1500
D-remember your goddess

mothermavis
02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Bought myself WII Zumba today! Yay!

mothermavis
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Morning all. Monday morning and I am thinking I may have found my focus. Either way, depression is just getting worse, so I may as well try to exercise my way thru it.

W 100, 32 oz cup on my desk, 3x a day and a glass with my vitamin D & Osteo this am and I am good for the day. Can do
E Did a bit of Zumba this am, reminder to self, bra needed. Walk at lunch and stairs 2x today should get it covered
E Plan, eat only what you have planned and go back to low carb, reasonable low fat, it works for you (note to me)!!
D Depression sucks, but getting fatter is not making it better. Have to make time for myself.

Dottington
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
mothermavis-I'm sure you can beat this depression! Congrats on getting zumba for wii I'm sure its really fun :)

I've decided to go low sodium. I just seem super sensitive to it and can easily gain and lose 10lbs in a day and all the scale fluctuations are driving me crazy. Also I'm only going to weigh in once a week I think, because this every day thing is seeming a little obsessive and depressing. I know it will be hard but I'm sure I can do it! :carrot:

W-100
E-session with personal trainer
E-1300 net
D-sodium is making you bloated, unhappy, and crazy. Its not helping you at all so its time to get rid of it!

emiloots
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Mavis - thinking of you today, hope you can work you way through it and it doesn't last long. Good job staying focused.

Dottington - have a great session with your PT!

Weighed in at 178.2 this morning, hopefully this is a sign of a downward trend. I started intermittent fasting (there's a general thread on the support board) and it seems to be working and it's not really hard at all.

W - 100+
E - we'll see, DH is working late so there might not be time for anything
E - OP
D - try and do something relaxing tonight after the kids are asleep!

mtiger
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
MM- I'm thinking of you. Hope you can get some things squared away and start feeling better. Luv ya girl!!

Well had a bit of a gain this week due to being at that mid-cycle time. This used to happen regularly but then things got wonky. I am down a bit this morning but still not back to 185. Keep working out and drinking that water and I'll get there. I just don't want a gain on Thurs.

Emi- I am really trying hard to get back to the 170's. This 180 stuff is crap!!! Good for you.

Countrybarbie24
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow I can't believe I missed last week weigh in.. I have been so busy with school I have not been online much almost not at all... I have not been on plan in a few weeks now. Well time to get my butt in gear and make time to exercise and post my weight. Hope everyone has a great week.. Can't believe valentines is next week, I know I ain't even close to my goal weight, but I am going back op today...

Dottington
02-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Had an amazing session with my pt yesterday. I am soooo sore :dizzy: I'm going to see him twice a week and then he told me to do light cardio the other 5 days. I really think its the kick I need especially with the changes I've been making in my diet.

emiloots-I've heard great things about intermittent fasting. Good luck with it and great job on the loss!

mtiger-keep it up and I'm sure you'll show a loss :)

countrybarbie-I know last time you posted you mentioned how busy you've been. I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things in no time!

W-100
E-bike
E-1300 net
D-you did so good yesterday, don't blow it today!

Thinsole
02-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Mavis- I hope you are feeling better. My prayers are with you.

Countrybarbie- Time flies. I'm glad to see you plan to pick back up on plan. I'm in the middle of doing the same right now myself.

Dottington- Glad the PT is working for you and you're enjoying it. All that work will definitely pay off on the scale this week.

mtiger- Good luck with your weigh in on Thursday. Lots and lots of water always helps me drop.

emiloots- Good luck with the intermittent fasting. I'm curious to see your progress with it.

Today is my 1 year weight loss anniversary. A year ago today I was 60 pounds heavier, couldn't run a mile or do a push up to save my life. The 60 pounds lost is huge, but the mental difference between the woman I was a year ago and who I am now is even bigger. I remember when I started thinking if I can just make it a week, if I can just drop one pound. You better believe even 1 pound a week adds up big time.

I've only got 5 pounds to go to hit the big 200. So...close...

W- 80 oz (done)
E- E210K W6D3 (done)
E- work is wonky so my eating hasn't been the greatest
D- To see the way forward we must know the way back.

mtiger
02-08-2012, 08:47 AM
How can a body work as hard as mine and still not lose??? I don't understand sometimes. Tomorrow is weigh-in and at this rate I will show a gain. YIKES!!!

Dottington
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
thinsole-CONGRATULATIONS! :hug: That's amazing that you have stuck with it and I'm sure those 5lbs will be off in no time :)

mtiger-sometimes are bodies are just difficult I, but if you keep at it I'm sure it will come off :)

Still sore haha but feeling good otherwise. My pt is inspiring me to really stay on plan. I'm hoping this determination lasts through the weekend!

W-100
E-bike
E-1300 net
D-don't sabotage now!

Dottington
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Had another session with my PT. Whew! My arms feel like they're going to fall off haha

It's TOM time though so my cravings have been crazy :( And I've been ravenous, but I've pretty much got it under control. I actually did this thing I saw on here about curing sweet cravings. It says to eat cinnamon, so I just had a dash and it really did help! I'm back down to my pre binge weight from last week and I'm really hoping I'll see a loss after TOM :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

W-80
E-PT
E-1300 net
D-keep this momentum going!

Dottington
02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
W-100
E-hiking? gym?
E-1500 net
D-work off that lunch girl!

mothermavis
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Had dinner out last night, did mostly good but did fall prey to a couple of rolls and maple butter...ah well

Talking to the Dr again Monday. Surgery was my turning point, lots of girls issues, but suffice it to say, menopause is upon me and I am not handling it well. Finally talking about an anti depressant. Those of you who know me, know I have been vehemently opposed to medicating, but I can't do this alone, so....all my bloodwork redone, may need to go back to have them remove the ovary they left so menopause would stay away (didn't work) horrible cramping, bent over double for 8 days a monthm can't stand it. Anybody tried Wellbutrin, we are thinking that could work for me, anti depressant and no weight gain issues for most women. Anyone tried it?

W 100
E WII, treadmill
E OP, POP need to stick with it....may try intermittent fasting as well
D One choice at a time

emiloots
02-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Mavis - no experience with anti-depressants but hopefully you can find something that works with little to no side effects. As a side, I wouldn't be able to pass up the maple butter either ;)

Dottington - glad you're loving your PT sessions, keep it up!

Busy week, working this weekend so I'm just tired. Need to come up with an IF schedule...it's on my to do list. Hope everyone's enjoying your weekend!

mothermavis
02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Emi, I am going to try the IF with Monday/Thursday as my fast days...

Dottington
02-11-2012, 02:41 PM
mothermavis-so sorry about all you're going through! :hug: I haven't tried wellbutrin, but I know people who have and some of them seemed to be really successful on it. Its so hard trying to work that stuff out :( Wishing you the best!

emiloots-thanks! Good luck working the IF stuff out!

W-100
E-something light...walking?
E-1500 net
D-keep exercising!

Dottington
02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Didn't make it to the gym yesterday :/ I decided to rest since I had worked out so hard the day before and was afraid of injuring myself.

W-100
E-cleaning
E-1300 net
D-don't give up now!

mothermavis
02-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Keep on keeping on. That's all I can do. Hope eventually the light at the end of the tunnel will shine again.

Fasting tomorrow. Water and green tea will do it. Zumba in the AM?

Thanks Dottington & Emi!

Thinsole
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Mavis- hope things are going better for you.

Dottington- love the pic.

This past week I've been filling in for the boss at work. Friday I got offered the job permanently and had to make a snap decision. So now I am the boss lady. Of course Friday was :censored: as with taking the position I had to move 3 people's shifts and fire someone right out of the gate.

I gained 7.5 pounds this week with stress, being sick since Wed, poor eating, and lack of exercise. My goal for this week is to de-stress some, and figure out when I can get my workouts in now that my shift has changed.

mothermavis
02-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Thin, good luck with your new duties.

Dottington, you are doing great.

Emi, I'll let you know how the IF works for me. I saw several people saying it helped with cravings and blood sugar issues (which can cause depression) so I am hoping for good things. Do you like it so far?

If anyone wants to start a new thread for a new challenge, this one was thru Valentine's and that's tomorrow, so feel free to do so!

Dottington
02-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I can't believe this challenge is nearly over! :( I really enjoyed it. Even though I only lost a few lbs, it really helped me get on track....

thinsole-thanks! And about the new job-wow! That's crazy about now having to be in charge and I think its totally understandable that you've gained from the stress :( But I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things and lose it all in no time :)

mothermavis-you can do it!

W-100
E-PT sesh
E-1300 net
D-step it up!

mothermavis
02-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Finally getting some answers. Apparently, one of my big issues is extremely low levels of Vitamin D. Megadose for the next 4 weeks and then testing again. That would be awesome if that turned out to be the issue for me!

What do you think, new thread? Thru Memorial Day maybe. Long range plan to get us to summer?

Dottington
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
mavis-so glad you're finding out whats been wrong! I'm sure you'll be feeling so much better in a few weeks :hug: Also I'd love another thread! This group has been awesome!

W-100
E-gym
E-1200 net
D-the scale will move eventually! Must keep it up!

mothermavis
02-14-2012, 08:47 PM
OK Dottington, I agree, works great for me too. Will start a new thread later today or in the next few at the least!

mtiger
02-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Yep I've been missing for several days now. Feeling fat as a stuffed pig. I did some research and it kept saying that for me to lose I should eat around 1700-1800 calories. Mind you I usually eat 1400. So I have given it a shot. It is hard to eat that much and all I have done so far is gain. I said I would give it 2 weeks and see.

Yesterday being Valentines I ate some junk..ice cream a slice of pizza, a cookie and some chocolate. I lost a pound today. What gives. I wish I could figure this out.

Mavis- Sending my best wishes your way. Hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Dott- Cute pic!!!

mothermavis
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/252947-wow-summers-coming-challenge.html#post4217762

Come join us for the new challenge!!

Countrybarbie24
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I didn't do good at all in this challenge.. Glad to see there is another challenge I am going to try my best to get to my goal on this new challenge...

Mavis- Hope you get the answers you are looking for I will keep you in my prays :) hugs