Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/3/2011

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/3/2011

wuv2bloved
01-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Gaia
01-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Just got in from 1 hour of shoveling snow and it's still coming down. If I have to do this again, I think another protein packet will be in order today.

JoLoMN
01-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks for starting the thread today Lisa!

Gaia, I'd add a protein packet with all that snow removal; it's quite a work out.

We continue to have an unusually mild Winter in Minnesota; we'll take it!

Best of luck to newbies and veterans today. Congratulations for investing in yourselves; you are worth it!

Jo

JudoGirl
01-03-2012, 08:54 AM
I am soooo excited today...I am already thinking about swim suit weather..and this year I will own the perfect red bathing suit..I am going to make it a point to get more fun in the sun and more exercise this year...

My year is starting off very busy but I'm up for it..a lot of things to work thru and much to do..so lets get this party started and as they say Get er done...

Red Swimsuit Goa
l:swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim:
:swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim:
:swim::swim::welcome:

mamacitaof2
01-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Mild winter (so far) here too! Loving it!! Already excited for lake season!

Question: I'm doing the alternate program, so I'm following a lot of the information shared on this site. I didn't realize it until this morning, but yesterday I had spaghetti AND a bar. I'm thinking I ate two restricted's in a day?

Junetwin11
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
We are having a nice mild winter here in Alberta as well. I did not make any resolutions this year and it feels great. Maybe get a new job. I love my job but it does get hard. Nice to see all the newbies joining. This is the best site ever. :)

NavyMommy
01-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Good Morning!! Day 2 of my restart and I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm sure that by this afternoon I will start feeling more of the detox symptoms but I've got a busy morning so I'm taking it when I can get it! I already feel less bloated and sluggish then I did yesterday, it's amazing what actually getting enough water in will do to you!!

Mild winter (so far) here too! Loving it!! Already excited for lake season!

Question: I'm doing the alternate program, so I'm following a lot of the information shared on this site. I didn't realize it until this morning, but yesterday I had spaghetti AND a bar. I'm thinking I ate two restricted's in a day?

If you're using alternatives it would depend on the specific carb counts of those two products, but generally speaking yes spaghetti and bars are restricted. In fact IIRC the IP spaghetti is only permitted a max of 2 times a week, you might want to compare the spaghetti your using to the IP one and see how they compare to see if that's necessary for you too.

mamacitaof2
01-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks NavyMommy! I compared the spaghetti and the bar and they are similar to IP. I'll have to watch that in the future so that doesn't happen again!

Lakewood
01-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Up and at it today early! Chopped all my veggies for the day and then some. Made choc muffins for lunch and cleaned the kitchen. Now, off to work.
Have a great day everyone. I am SO excited about the Jan - Feb Challenge! :carrot:

leganegan
01-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Happy New Year All!!! I am back...:wave: I was sooooo bad for my 2 week vacation! :^:

Back to phase 1 today...and it feels good.

Let me tell you how scary....i easily went into my old ways. I was extra bad with the holiday parties and fun. I almost needed it because I was burnt out.

Now I feel like I gained my 40lbs back. I need to get back to feeling the way I did on December 15th. And then do maintenance the right way.

My man bought me a scale for Christmas (I asked for it haha)... I found one that does lbs, water and body fat. So I think I will phase 1 it for 2 weeks and then jump on it. :)

My new year's resolution is to learn how to budget my money. so I think I will be buying alternative products to maintain.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and jumps back on track this week if they were bad like me.

Busymomx4
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone,

Back at work today and it started with me forgetting to bring my breakfast shake :( So i ate my pudding which is usually for my afternoon snack and i'll just have a snack tonight instead even if i won't be hungry.

Have a great day everyone :)

clowngirl
01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone- school started back today for my youngster but everyone in my house is still on vacation sleep schedules (late to bed late to rise) I feel sorry for the teachers today with all those sleepy / grumpy kids. For me I woke up extremely hungry today after feeling a bit queasy last night. I don't know whats up. Made and ate an IP omelet and am still hungry. I think I am going to ignore it and go back to bed for at least another hour. zzzzzz :)

mrsmurphy
01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone,

So day two hasn't been as easy as day one. I have a massive headache today. However, I was proud of myself because I made egg whites for breakfast. Usually I am barely up in time to brush my teeth, but I was determined to make sure i got breakfast in. I also had enough time to put my lunch together for today. So, Im still sticking with it, today is just a little bit harder than yesterday.

Also, there's this Mexican lady that ALWAYS brings in tamales, enchiladas and guacamole at work and I am dreading having to turn all that good Mexican food down. I know that must sound crazy....

However, my job somewhat helps me stay on track. I am a drug and alcohol counselor and I feel myself telling myself that it's just one day at a time. The cravings will pass... So, it's helpful.

Here's to DAY TWO.

Katied61
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Day Three and first day back to work. Think this will actually help as I am busy and not continuously thinking about what I have eaten, when I get to eat again and the rumbling in my tummy.

rbtemplet
01-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone! My family is still in vacation mode, too...I made it to work, but I would much rather have stayed home!! Wish I could work from home on days like today, but I don't think I have the discipline to do that. I would just end up watching tv all day...LOL!

I was bad too this holiday season, and I totally regret not staying OP. It has been extremely hard for me to get back on track. However, my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on medication so if there can be a bright side to that it will be that it will reinforce the need for us all to eat healthier. Now if I could just get my teenage son to want to do better!! That boy is gonna be the death of me! LOL!!

Funny story...We got a new treadmill for Christmas and yesterday was the first day that I was going to try out one of the new programs that it has built in. I had been on it for about a minute and a half, had the iphone going with my music (it was tucked in my bra while I was jogging). Someone texted me and when I looked at my phone to see who it was I guess I forgot to keep jogging and I fell and was thrown into the wall behind the treadmill!! I'm banged and bruised up and glad no one was there to see me do that, but dang I could have used the $10000 we would have one on America's Funniest Videos!! I'm sure it was quite a sight!! Hopefully this is not a sign of how my new year is gonna go!! LOL!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!

Linden
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm banged and bruised up and glad no one was there to see me do that, but dang I could have used the $10000 we would have one on America's Funniest Videos!! I'm sure it was quite a sight!! Hopefully this is not a sign of how my new year is gonna go!! LOL!!

You joke but that's really a shame. I'm so sorry and I hope you're feeling a little better. (And I thought it was bad when the cat jumped on with me and went flying off the back. At least he landed on his feet.) :(

4kiddos
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday! Sounds like we have a lot of really new "chicks" joining us! Welcome aboard! Glad to have you. It gets easier just stick with! As far as the snow removal, we have had none yet and I am bummed. Really love watching it fall. it will happen just trying to be patient. Feeling much better today and yesterday than last week. Glad that week is over. Blah. Had someone tell me that I looked great yesterday that I hadn't seen in a year. That was an awesome feeling! :) Hope everyone has a great day. To the newbies ~ If you get a headache lick salt off your hand and drink some water. It helps! There is so much information available to you on this site. If you want to succeed you will! Have a wonderful day!

4kiddos
01-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Quick question ~ How do I know when my 20 days is up so I can start a ticker?

ptod
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Quick question ~ How do I know when my 20 days is up so I can start a ticker?

Do you still have the email the site sent you when you registered? Then count off 20 more days :D

Otherwise, you will just have to keep checking the User CP tab to see if you have been given the option to add a ticker. Keep in mind that if you signed up at noon on Day 0, the system won't give you the option till noon on Day 20.

Bellamack
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
mrsmurphy,

When I started IP back in JULY, my coach had me start the July 4th long weekend, because you don't feel great for the first few days. I actually felt like quiting on day 4, the headache consumed me, but day 5, I woke up feeling great and it got better from there. After about 2 weeks+, the cravings stopped and was rarely even hungry. If I did have a day that I seemed hungry (which happens), I dove into the dill pickles, herbal tea and a project to keep my mind off of it! I don't know how many of the old threads you have read, but other things that change (for some) are bowels (constipation), sleep (sleeplessness & vivid dreams) and beware if you are on birth control, take extra measures as there as been several "IP" babies born. lol. Good Luck

Today's high in upstate NY is going to be 13 degrees, but the sun is out. We didn't get very much snow, it is a pretty day. I will check in later :)

MustangMolly
01-03-2012, 12:19 PM
:newyear: I've been gone from the boards for some time now. I phased off for a trip and am back on IP as of today. I gained 6 pounds during the 3 weeks I was phased off but have already lost 1 pound and am hopeful to be back where I was beore phasing off when I go to my WI on the 9th. I really believe doing the two week phase off helped me to not gain more weight than I did. I was at an all inclusive resort and let myself indulge in almost everything I wanted. It was amazing how little I enjoyed the sweets. I did enjoy having fruit again, and I did indulge in some frozen rum drinks too.

I couldn't wait to get back to the states and eating so many of the "diet" foods I had missed. Even my husband commented on missing the Big Mac Bowl! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. It's good to "see" you all again.

DanafromAustin
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week. But the bigger news for me is I've now crossed over the 50 pound mark for a total of 51 pounds. :carrot: I never thought when I started just 3 1/2 months ago that I would be here by now. Now my next push is to get into onederland, which I can't even believe I am this close. Very excited!

4kiddos
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Do you still have the email the site sent you when you registered? Then count off 20 more days :D

Otherwise, you will just have to keep checking the User CP tab to see if you have been given the option to add a ticker. Keep in mind that if you signed up at noon on Day 0, the system won't give you the option till noon on Day 20.

Thanks so much. Excited to start a ticker, LOL. It's the little things in life...:)

4kiddos
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week. But the bigger news for me is I've now crossed over the 50 pound mark for a total of 51 pounds. :carrot: I never thought when I started just 3 1/2 months ago that I would be here by now. Now my next push is to get into wonderland, which I can't even believe I am this close. Very excited!

Congratulations on your 50 lb mark! Woot woot! :carrot: Just think, you'll be in onederland before you know it! I know you have to feel amazing!
~Aimee

Bellamack
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Dana, Congratulations!

rbtemplet
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
You joke but that's really a shame. I'm so sorry and I hope you're feeling a little better. (And I thought it was bad when the cat jumped on with me and went flying off the back. At least he landed on his feet.) :(

Thanks! I am feeling better, just brush-burns really and a bruise on my leg. I don't know what it is about the treadmill that attracts animals!! The first day we had it up our cat sat on it all day! And I have to crate my two boxer dogs when I use it because they bark and paw at it the whole time!! LOL!!

Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week. But the bigger news for me is I've now crossed over the 50 pound mark for a total of 51 pounds. :carrot: I never thought when I started just 3 1/2 months ago that I would be here by now. Now my next push is to get into wonderland, which I can't even believe I am this close. Very excited!

Way to go!!! That is awesome!! :congrat:

sarahmayhem
01-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I am soooo excited today...I am already thinking about swim suit weather..and this year I will own the perfect red bathing suit..I am going to make it a point to get more fun in the sun and more exercise this year...

That's my vision too; swimsuit weather haha! My main motivation for signing up for this diet program was because I'm going on a cruise in June...I'm going to be half naked for 2 weeks with all of my friends. ...Gotta look good lol!

Hey everyone,

So day two hasn't been as easy as day one. I have a massive headache today. However, I was proud of myself because I made egg whites for breakfast. Usually I am barely up in time to brush my teeth, but I was determined to make sure i got breakfast in. I also had enough time to put my lunch together for today. So, Im still sticking with it, today is just a little bit harder than yesterday. Here's to DAY TWO.

Hang in there...once you get past the first few days and find your groove, it becomes second nature :)

PS, if I get headaches, I find drinking a large class of water and following it with a cup of coffee helps!

Day Three and first day back to work. Think this will actually help as I am busy and not continuously thinking about what I have eaten, when I get to eat again and the rumbling in my tummy.

I love when I'm at work and on this diet, too! When you're busy, you don't think about eating!

---

Had my 4the weigh in today. I was super excited to get weighed in a couple of days ago, because my scale showed about a 6-7lb loss for the week (making up for the week before with Christmas, where I gained .8lbs!) ....but last night, I got my period. And low and behold, I only lost 3.4lbs this week. I know, I know, it's a great loss...but it should have been more haha!

With my Christmas setback, it puts me at 13.7lbs for 4 weeks, averaging out to 3.4 a week! I'm very pleased :)

Here's to lots of success in 2012!!

frazzledmom04
01-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Congratulations Dana!:cheer2:You'll be in onederland before you know it! No doubt about it!!!!:hug:

DanafromAustin
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone,

So day two hasn't been as easy as day one. I have a massive headache

mrsmurphy and katied hang in there. Your are both doing great during the hardest part of the diet. I started on a Friday just in case it was bad and I made no plans for that weekend. It was pretty nasty, felt like I was going through a drug withdrawal. By day 4 I started to feel a little better. By day 6 all the hunger was gone and I was in ketosis. Hang in there as it's SO worth it.

:newyear: I've been gone from the boards for some time now. I phased off for a trip and am back on IP as .
Welcome come back!

Congratulations on your 50 lb mark!

Dana, Congratulations!

4kiddos and Bellamack - thank you very much, and I do feel SO much better.

sarahmayhem
01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week. But the bigger news for me is I've now crossed over the 50 pound mark for a total of 51 pounds. :carrot: I never thought when I started just 3 1/2 months ago that I would be here by now. Now my next push is to get into onederland, which I can't even believe I am this close. Very excited!

Woooo! Congrats! That's a milestone!

Today's high in upstate NY is going to be 13 degrees, but the sun is out. We didn't get very much snow, it is a pretty day. I will check in later :)

Where in Upstate NY are you? I'm in Albany!

MustangMolly
01-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Congrats Dana! Our weight loss / goals are very similar. I am so looking forward to making it to onderland too! Where in WI were you? I have family there.

Bellamack
01-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Woooo! Congrats! That's a milestone!

Where in Upstate NY are you? I'm in Albany!

I am in Painted-Post/Corning. I think it gets colder where you are. lol

I grew up in the Bath/Hammondsport area, I love the finger lakes, I was only 7 miles from Keuka.

New Englander
01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I made it to Onederland!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm finally getting back to the real me!!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :)

4kiddos
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
I made it to Onederland!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm finally getting back to the real me!!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :)

Yippee! Congrats! I am very happy and excited for you! Here's to the new and still losing you! :carrot::hug:

MustangMolly
01-03-2012, 02:14 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot: YIPPIEEEEE way to go.

Trinique125
01-03-2012, 02:20 PM

that is awesome, so happy for you:carrot:

rbtemplet
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM

:congrat::cheer2::cheer2::congrat:

New Englander
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahmayhem
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM

YAY :carrot:

NavyMommy
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Wow, congrats to all of the victories and milestones today!! It's so inspiring to read them!!

sherylynn
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi and Happy New Year to all the newbies out there -

I know it's hard to get going, the first couple of days can be brutal - and it's hard the first couple of weeks after the cravings are gone. Everyone told me that after the third week, your body will settle down and they are right. I had tried to go on a big bike ride with my family at the end of the second week and could barely ride the darn bike. But after the third week, your body gets into a kind of rhythm. And even if you have little or no weight loss one week, you'll see a loss in your measurements. It is very motivating.

What's so amazing about this program from the standpoint of someone who has tried everything, is that it works! If you follow the program, you will lose weight. Each week I'm amazed that the scale is down again. Maybe I've felt frustrated by other attempts that I'm constantly waiting for the time when I gain weight or stop losing, but so far that hasn't happened!

Happy IP New YEAR!!!

DanafromAustin
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
So exciting. :celebrate:

Congrats Dana! Our weight loss / goals are very similar. I am so looking forward to making it to onderland too! Where in WI were you? I have family there.
Sorry I meant WI as in weigh in, not the state. LOL

clowngirl
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Conratulations Dana! So happy for you!!!!!!!!:carrot:

mamacitaof2
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Question: Can you have olives? either black or green?

Bellamack
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
New Englander,

CONGRATS!

wuv2bloved
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey everyone, checking in late here. Had an early start this morning so I was off out and about early. Had to get my buses washed and dumped before our trip to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl at 3. Was a very quiet New Year's for me, just my boys and I along with a few of their friends.

Welcome to all of the newbies today, Never be afraid to ask a question on the Daily board instead of opening a new thread. I for one read the thread and will answer any questions that you have. I work from home so I am on here all day long most of the time with a few exceptions. Lots of information here along with recipes and TONS of support!! We are all in this together stick with it, we are all here for each other. I have been on the program now for 34 weeks tomorrow will make 35 with the success of losing 115lbs. Stick with it and DO NOT CHEAT and you will see results QUICK!

Congrats to the onderland's and the 50lb marks, incredible jobs and is such a great feeling to know that you have done that! Take it to the next 10lbs and keep up the great job!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, OH and to answer the question about olives....No we can not have olives :( unless something has changed and I don't know about it :)

sarahmayhem
01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Question: Can you have olives? either black or green?

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm leaning towards no. If I remember correctly, I think an olive is a fruit. Not to mention, in canned form, I'm sure it has tons of sodium. I could be wrong though! Anyone?

mamacitaof2
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
:( Thanks for the olive update. I'll just have to stick to pickles! Thank goodness I LOVE dill pickles!

MustangMolly
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
So exciting. :celebrate:

Sorry I meant WI as in weigh in, not the state. LOL

Duhhhhhh see how long I've been away from the boards???? heh heh :dizzy:

Danni1
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Just made my first appointment for next Tuesday!!! I couldn't get in any sooner so I'll just have to wait! Can't wait to get started on this diet. My best friend lost all her pregnancy weight on IP and is so excited that I am joining.

Must admit though...I am sad to hear about the olives.

wuv2bloved
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Just made my first appointment for next Tuesday!!! I couldn't get in any sooner so I'll just have to wait! Can't wait to get started on this diet. My best friend lost all her pregnancy weight on IP and is so excited that I am joining.

My advice to you is to start cutting back on your Carbs and sugars now, you have a week to start detoxing your body, it won't be as rough if you do this. Maybe by doing so you won't get the headaches and such that go along with the detox. Some people have it, some don't, I never did. Just a suggestion of course :)

MustangMolly
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Hi Danni, I was about to suggest the same thing as Wuv. Anything you can do to prevent that ick feeling the first few days will be very helpful. You will find great information and support here. Good luck to you and :welcome:

Pamelama
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Shout out to wuv2bloved for her tips yesterday. This morning I had my cappuccino drink with a bit of WF caramel dip and coffee. Yum! Way to change it up so you don't get tired of the same old stuff. Yesterday I added peppermint extract and some WF chocolate to the chocolate smoothie.... Very tasty as well. Can't wait to try some more!

Shayideal
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I am so excited to finally be able to post. I started IP on 11/16/2011 and couldn't be happier with the results. I would have never in a million years imagined I could lose 4 lbs over Christmas :) I am a much happier person since beginning this journey. I want to thank you all for this board. I have been lurking but for some reason, my activation wouldn't work, until today, I had it the info resent :)

hwmgrl
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
well hello all!!! I have been off the boards for some time - life got in the way - the holidays were super busy and I think today is the first day since dec 23rd that I am at home with nothing to do!!! I did pop in and out to read what was going on just never had time to write. I stayed OP during all the holiday parties and it felt great to lose 4lbs the week of christmas!! It seems we have alot of new faces so hello to all!!

Congrats on making it to onederland!!!!

For all the newbies hang in there it gets so much easier - well I'm off to sort and weigh fish (my step-dad and son brought me a ton back from fishing)!!! hope everyone has a great day :)

galpal445
01-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, some really great news for some of you folks! 50 pound loses, reaching one-derland, and not getting killed as we fall off of our treadmills...way to go everyone!!!

Danni1
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Just wondering if any fellow Canadians have any advice on products that are available to us? I know that the US usually has more options with regards to low carb/low sugar products and was just wondering what was out there and where it can be found. I live in a small town in northwestern Alberta and there are very few healthier options available to us. I am going through Edmonton on the weekend and can stop and pick up some things. Thanks in advance.

rubyrosered
01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Hello and Happy New Year! I haven't posted in a while, but it's nice to start the New Year off headed the right direction.

WI #5 today - 4.4lbs and lots of inches!

Better yet, the scale read 200.2, so by next week I'll be writing those numbers with ones in front of them! I had a hope of getting there by the end of the year without actually thinking it was possible, but I'd say on January 3rd that's pretty darn close!

So yeah - 18 lbs in 5 weeks I can live with. DH has lost 36 - so we're feeling good about being on track. I'm excited by the idea of enjoying summer as a much differently "shaped" person.

Congratulations to all the other great losses and new starters!

Jodysbeach
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello I am new at this site. I have lost 50 lbs. since starting IP and love the way I feel. The holidays did me in I didn't get my IP food during Xmas and I do regret it. I get WI tomorrow and back on plan. Worried about the WI

Katied61
01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
So this is day 3 for me and I have discovered the "fun with Ideal Protein Packets" thread. If you other newbies haven't checked it out do so!! There are some absolutely awesome ideas and recipes in this thread. Check it out!!

New Englander
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
New Englander,

CONGRATS!
Thanks everyone for sharing in my enthusiasm!!! Love this group!!! You guys are the bestest!!!

Lorilou
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Day 3 is almost over. I'm tired and hungry but I keep telling myself "I can do this". I look forward to day 6 or 7 when, from what I hear, the hunger subsides and you start to feel better. Good luck everyone and stay strong! :hug:

New Englander
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Hello I am new at this site. I have lost 50 lbs. since starting IP and love the way I feel. The holidays did me in I didn't get my IP food during Xmas and I do regret it. I get WI tomorrow and back on plan. Worried about the WI
Don't beat yourself up over what has been done. It is what it is and you can't turn back time. What you can do is look forward and get back on track, which is what you said you'll be doing!!! :)

New Englander
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Day 3 is almost over. I'm tired and hungry but I keep telling myself "I can do this". I look forward to day 6 or 7 when, from what I hear, the hunger subsides and you start to feel better. Good luck everyone and stay strong! :hug:
Keep going...it gets SO MUCH BETTER!!! I mean, you still have "those days"...when you feel it's never going to end...and then you have "THOSE DAYS" where you feel awesome and know you're doing the best thing for yourself! The first 3-4 days are the worse...hold on and stick with it!!! BIG HUGS!!!

New Englander
01-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Shout out to wuv2bloved for her tips yesterday. This morning I had my cappuccino drink with a bit of WF caramel dip and coffee. Yum! Way to change it up so you don't get tired of the same old stuff. Yesterday I added peppermint extract and some WF chocolate to the chocolate smoothie.... Very tasty as well. Can't wait to try some more!
Yummo...just be careful to make sure the extract doesn't have alcohol in it...I know some ppl are okay with it, but "technically" even that little bit isn't part of the plan...I hope it doesn't have it in it 'cause I don't want to be a total bummer... :)

lindac36
01-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Okay, here I go! Started IP foods this morning, the vanilla drink was good, made it in the magic bullet with a few ice cubes. Now, lunch was different. I made the broccoli cheese soup and added steamed broccoli, but, it was surely lacking. I am going to have to get on the recipe pages. Tonight I am aiming for chicken with stir fry veggies. Thank you all for being here.

lindac36
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
oh, and I got my ticker and figured out how to edit my profile info. Thanks for the help with that too!

New Englander
01-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Okay, here I go! Started IP foods this morning, the vanilla drink was good, made it in the magic bullet with a few ice cubes. Now, lunch was different. I made the broccoli cheese soup and added steamed broccoli, but, it was surely lacking. I am going to have to get on the recipe pages. Tonight I am aiming for chicken with stir fry veggies. Thank you all for being here.
I stick with the chocolate drink and cappacino drink...and I'll have one or two retricted items/week (the chocolate chip cookie, or peanut butter cookie). I was allergic to the chicken soup and didn't like the others...The clinic thought I would get bored on those main two IP items but I haven't... :)

Friends of mine mix broccoli with the creamy chicken soup...they loved it.

Oh, and I've heard about mixing the cap drink with some coffee and ice...YUMMO!!! :) But, anyway...yeah check out the recipe section and since you're new def check out the thread about "what I wish my coach would have told me"... Have fun on this journey!

mrsmurphy
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Thank you for all the motivational words everyone. I am feeling much better than I did this morning. I made it through day two... on to day three. I can do this... this site has helped me sooo much already.

I had some crazy cravings today. I saw my boss chowing down on some triscuits and im not even really a fan of triscuits i'd eat them if they were in front of me before i started this diet. But, anyways, my boss my chowing down and i had the urge to dive on top of her and eat her hands, the box and the triscuits. Funny thoughts right? hahahahah.

However, i didn't attack her. I enclosed myself in my office and drank a glass of water. Seriously though... I'm doing a lot better than i expected at the end of this day two :)

Pamelama
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Made the waffles with IP chicken soup for lunch today. Had them with my salad and 1.5 oz of chicken breast. The waffles looked perfect but the texture was kind of off. :dizzy: Still a good change and it was like having some bread with your salad.
WI #4 tomorrow. Feeling good. Looking forward to being a loser! :)

patns
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Just wondering if any fellow Canadians have any advice on products that are available to us? I know that the US usually has more options with regards to low carb/low sugar products and was just wondering what was out there and where it can be found. I live in a small town in northwestern Alberta and there are very few healthier options available to us. I am going through Edmonton on the weekend and can stop and pick up some things. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am in Edmonton and switched to alternatives several months ago. I have tried ordering from several places. Some of them were in the US but I find proteinwell.ca the easiest. With an order over $100 it is free shipping. The protidiet products are the closest to IP I think. That is what I order.
As for the Waldon Farms and many similar things I really like Sweet Tweets. It may be a bit out of your way if you are coming from the NW, it is in the SE of the city at around 50th St and 36Ave. Not too far from the Whitemud actually.
A really good place for a wide variety of produce is H&W Produce, there are several locations, I go to the one around 135 St & 132 Ave. You can get the addresses on line.
Also The Grocery People on the Yellowhead near the Costco on 149 St has lots of the sugar free syrups etc.

You can goggle these to get exact addresses.
Pat

leesa88210
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello! Well I took 2 weeks off for the holidays.... gained 5 lbs... and back at it today...

I am thinking Im changing my goal weight to 145. that way I will have a 5 lb buffer ;)

Feels good to be back OP though, strange that I was excited to have IP Food when I woke up!!! Happy New Year everybody.

NavyMommy
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I have to say I missed the ease of my IP dinners. 2 frozen tilapia fillets and 1/2 head cauliflower spritzed with EVOO and some sea salt with whatever seasoning I feel like. So easy, and thankfully these first few days the kids and hubby are okay with sandwiches for dinner.

I did have a killer headache this afternoon, but I'm also coming off TOM so it's hard to say what it's related to. Looking forward to getting my energy back though, I didn't do much of anything today and I am worn out! I did get a new scale though and love the motivation of getting on every morning. It's a newfangled one that measures body fat and hydration, I'm a huge fan.

I have to say if your clinic allows you to buy things by the package you might want to keep trying different things and seeing how your taste buds change and adapt. I honestly never thought I would be able to drink coffee without creamer and tea without several Splendas but a couple of weeks into the program I was craving these things. As far as the IP foods went I had periods where I couldn't get enough of the soups and times I couldn't stand them. Eventually you hit your stride and I pretty much eat the same thing every day, but sometimes a little variety is nice. As I got used to the diet I wound up using much less MiO and other sweetners that initially allowed me to adjust.

You can SO do this!! I'm finishing day 2 so I'm not far behind. Stick with it, NO cheating and you'll LOVE your first WI!!

Thank you for all the motivational words everyone. I am feeling much better than I did this morning. I made it through day two... on to day three. I can do this... this site has helped me sooo much already.

I had some crazy cravings today. I saw my boss chowing down on some triscuits and im not even really a fan of triscuits i'd eat them if they were in front of me before i started this diet. But, anyways, my boss my chowing down and i had the urge to dive on top of her and eat her hands, the box and the triscuits. Funny thoughts right? hahahahah.

However, i didn't attack her. I enclosed myself in my office and drank a glass of water. Seriously though... I'm doing a lot better than i expected at the end of this day two :)

That was a much better way to deal with it. :lol: I have to admit though I had some days when I was starting the first time where I wanted to attack my husband for eating all the delicious homemade treats I made for the kids. Just remember this is just a short time, and once the weight is gone you can wisely expand your food selections.

SewingMomma
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
WI today--down another 2.4. This program is just so easy to stick to!

Jodysbeach
01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Don't beat yourself up over what has been done. It is what it is and you can't turn back time. What you can do is look forward and get back on track, which is what you said you'll be doing!!! :)

Thanks !!:^:

DanafromAustin
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Very exciting to see such an active board today with lots of postings. Sounds like the new IPers are hanging in there. The detoxing will all be a distant memory soon, but hopefully enough of a reminder why we don't cheat on this diet. Who would want to go through all of that again. ;)

Talk to y'all tomorrow...

Junetwin11
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM

Congratulations!!!! No turning back ever :)

pandamoose
01-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Well just about to call it a day on day 2!! I'm not sure I care for the after taste I get from the soups.. Mushroom soup yesterday and chicken soup today.. But everything else is easy to get down. I'm liking the WF French dressing and the sea salt is better then iodized salt. Congats to all of you that lost!!
ps bought my very first ever bathroom scale today!!

Ishbel
01-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I tried to post today but apparently it didn't take....GRRRR!! :)

Hope everyone had a great day! :)

2hevy
01-04-2012, 12:59 AM
I live in a very remote area no coaches or centers nearby...any chance of finding these product online?

wuv2bloved
01-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I live in a very remote area no coaches or centers nearby...any chance of finding these product online?

try going here....
http://www.idealtogo.com/aboutITG2.html